Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty and no Key, I'm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 3: President Trump applying real pressure on Prime Minister Netanyao to agree to this deal, and it really does feel like a potentially game changing moment. You've got these indirect talks now underway in Egypt. Egypt Phase one, the President hopes could be agreed as early as this week.
Speaker 2: Would mean a ceasefire, the release.
Speaker 3: Of hostages and some Palestinian prisoners, and a partial withdrawal of Israeli troops. The key sticking point is going to be Phase two, which calls for har Mass to.
Speaker 2: Disarm and relinquish power.
Speaker 3: But I think what's really different this time is President Trump's personal engagement forcing both sides to end this war.
Speaker 2: I wanted to play that because I continue to be amazed at the mainstream coverage is fawning over this deal that Trumps put together and having positive noises about it and presenting it as Trump putting a lot of pressure on Net and Yahoo and that sort of stuff, as opposed to you know, being as Lackey or something which used to be the right narrative.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah, I know this does not describe you, but I get a feel from a lot of the media coverage of this that they still have some level of belief that Hamas is negotiating in good faith, that they think Hamas can be reasoned with, that they just have some political gripes with Israel and soon we can have a two state solution.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was watching David Ignatius of the Washington Post, who's one of your big writers, about this sort of thing, talk about how people need to recognize Hamas recognizes this is basically the negotiation of their surrender. That's what it is, and because that is what it is.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, it's refreshing to hear it stated that plainly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's either you agree to everything that is, everything we want pretty much and nothing that you want, or we're gonna kill y'all, which would you prefer.
Speaker 1: If somebody could take a minute, maybe Katie could do this. Get me the list of Islamist suicide death cult dead enders who have ever surrendered. I would love to see that list. It will be very very brief. Don't bother Katie. That was sarcasm.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, the possibility is that the people at the top, who have a tendency to live in high rise hotels and drive Mercedes, might agree to some sort of surrender because they weren't actually out in the street fighting anyway, and the soldiers on the bottom won't. But then Israel's gonna hunt them down one by one and kill them.
Speaker 1: All, right right, so different angle Free Beacon reporting that pro Hamas student groups are planning nationwide protests today to celebrate the October seventh anniversary, or the beginning of what they describe as the decolonial struggle. And they observe actually that anti Israel group starting this semester with a bit of a whimper because the universities are afraid of the Trump administration, but today could be a turning point. For instance, UCLA divest in the schools. Students for Justice in Palestine chapter banned from a lot of campuses because they're pro terrorist one hundred percent announced their protest by describing Hamas as massacre as Palestinians righteously engaged in decolonial struggle. They also included a poem honoring the martyrs. The protest will involve a floral procession in honor and to remember the lives stolen by the Zionist state. The group urges attendees to wear masks.
Speaker 2: It would be a lot easier to buy that argument if Hamas themselves didn't openly state, now we want Israel to go away, we want all Jews to die. We're not looking for some sort of two state solution here.
Speaker 1: Well, and as usual, the the philosophy is so incredibly half baked that if you poke at it at all, it falls apart, as our friend and colleague Tim Sanderfer has in these stupid land declarations in the United States. Yes, it was the Shoemash tribe. Before them, it was another tribe who you know, the next tribe just slaughtered thell out of and raped their women and took their babies in the.
Speaker 2: Pardon because you know why, because they wanted their land, so they took it. Yeah, so they took it.
Speaker 1: And another group did that before and before and before. Look, you want to go back to King David in Israel? That not far enough? All right, Let's go back to Abraham for God's sake. I mean, what is this? Oh, what happened briefly in nineteen forty eight is the Brits were meddling post World War One in World War Two, that must be permanent for all time. I don't even that doesn't stand up to the slightest, you know, questioning anyway. In the University of Michigan, you got these students allied for Freedom inequality, protesting against two years of genocide and the university's refusal to divest from the genocidal apartheid state. That's hilarious. Yeah, talk to me about the rights of Jews and Christians in Islamic states. They're kids, children, Let's see. Blah blah blah. Columbia University's got a big one, of course they do. The flyer for Columbia's big demonstration included a red upside down triangle, a symbol hamas uses to denote Israeli targets, and text ratings Strike March, Resist, all sorts of stuff going on in New York City, Pennsylvania, Yale, George Mason University, George Washington University, Stanford planning a week of action in response to two years of genocide and Zionist terror, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: So there's a poll. There's a poll out today that's getting a tremendous amount of attention by people who want this poll to be true that by two thirds of Israelis want the war to end pretty much no matter what, and also about two thirds of Israelis want net Nyahou to resign. I don't know how accurate that issue poll is from that particular Israeli newspaper, but that's the poll that's making it into our mainstream media today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd have to see the specific questioning. I'm not shocked about net Nyahou. I mean, he's a controversial figure, always has been for a long time. But every time you see the end of the war polled among the Israelis, it includes and all the hostages returned, and they say yes, then the mainstream media conveniently leaves out the fact that Hamas will not do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's what are we to happen.
Speaker 1: So all of that is kind of a lead up to the greater question to me, And I was surprised and pleased to see Gerard Baker, who's one of the senior statesmen of the editorial writers for the Wall Street Journal, with a piece today and he calls it perilous times for optimistic Jews in the UK, and we've talked about this the UK and France. Jews all over Europe are thinking we're going to have to leave and go to America because we're being hounded out. And he opens with a famous, very dry joke by Billy Wilder was a Jew. The optimists died in the gas chambers. The pessimists have pools in Beverly Hills, meaning those who recognized the menace and thought this is going to go badly fled Europe, and those who thought no, no, no, our neighbors would never turn on us ended up in the gas chambers.
Speaker 2: Interesting and Gerard rights.
Speaker 1: For their sake, I hope there aren't many optimistic Jews left in Europe. Their thinning ranks will surely have been reduced farther by last week's murder of a man at the synagogue in Manchester, England, which we talked about in the Death of Another Well right, which that story in case you didn't hear the very brief version of it. This reporter who's Jewish, was in a synagogu that morning and a guy next to him said, how long you think we've got left in Great Britain where we can even live here, and the reporter thought, well, that's a little more cynical than I am. Than twenty minutes later they get the word there's been a stabbing at a different synagogue and everything got shut down, right right, And Baker mentions pessimists who will have listened to the rote denunciations from political leaders and media figures, the minutes silence for the victims at weekend soccer games, the official affirmations that Britain is a peaceful, tolerant, multicultural nation, blah blah blah, maybe in a pool, and uh okay, so I'll skip that part. He mentions the blame for the violence in Manchester lies with the assailant, who was an immigrant from Syria. The responsibility for the circumstances in which two Jews are dead in a Jewish community that has contributed loyally to British society for centuries, fears for his existence. The responsibility for that lies with the leaders of the British establishment. This atrocity indicates the self annihilating multicultural nation build bilding they have pursued for decades. Now, that is some strong talk for one of the deans of editorial writing at the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: This atrocity indicts the self annihilating multicultural nation building they have pursued for decades. For a generation or more, leaders in governmental and cultural institutions have built and fortified the idea that Britain, along with the other countries in Europe, is a kind of open door society in which people from diverse cultures with no desire or willingness to abide by the host nation's civilizational norms should be free to live by their own rules. Elite opinion holds that it is immoral and often illegal to try to force people to conform to Western rules and norms, as Lenin had as useful idiots among the capitalist classes. Waves of radical enemies of the West's values seize the opportunities supplied by these healthfully welcoming elites to create the conditions to destroy them. Radical Islamists were the most numerous given the geographic realities in Europe. They are also the boldest in their ambitions. The authorities, cowed by the cultural injunction that it was racist not to tolerate alternative morais and practices, and anxious not to be accused of stock stoking Islamophobia stood back while grotesque abuses proliferated.
Speaker 2: One more bit, did they have it over there in Europe the coexists stickers or is that only an American thing that have the star of David on there and across and then the Islamic symbol? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if they didn't, they should because they're closer to suicide than us. But and another notable few sentences in mainstream media, and this is, by the way, I hate to depart from the text because it's so good, but there are a couple of examples right now where people are calling out that young man who went to murder Brett Kavanaugh, and the fact that all the mainstream medias or media are calling it a woman now because he declared I'm a girl now and a lot of mainstream publications, including the Journal are say now we're through with that madness. It's a man, was a young man who did it. He's still a man. Stop it. Really, So the whole ultra progressive on the front foot bullying everybody into complying with their neo Marxist lunacy. That's over, at least for now. Anyway, back to Gerard Baker, because this is important In the most notorious of the crimes of multiculturalism, thousands of girls thousands friends, mostly white and vulnerable, were raped and abused by so called grooming gangs of men in mostly South Asian heritage, starting in the nineteen nineties, specifically Pakistanis. For years, the local authorities declined to investigate, the police declined to pursue, and the media declined to report on the systematic abuse, how to fear that it would fuel racism if the ethnicity of the abusers was revealed. Not until Andrew Norfolk, a brave reporter from The Times, exposed the scale of the abuse and the cover up. Beginning in twenty ten, was action taken the response to repeated terrorist attacks, and he goes through the list, some of which killed many many people by the media and politicians on both sides often focused as much on warning against Islamophobia as on defending against Islamist violence. Finally, people say, you know what I'm gonna I'm gonna speak truth. Oh you're offended. Sorry, it's true. I'm saying it.
Speaker 2: Man. This story isn't over. No, no, And I'm glad the period was in France and England to watch for our cities.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah. Well, and there's a big story about a bunch of Democrats going to Arab Fest in Dearborn, Michigan saying up with Hamas to get the votes of the Muslim majorities there. Yeah, this story is far from over.
Speaker 2: So, Michael, I want to play the clip when you come back, you say when Fallon introduced Tea Swizzle on The Tonight Show last night, the crowd erupted. Yeah, yeah, man, I'm interested phenomenons. I've always been interested in phenomenons. Maybe it's because I want us to be and try and figure out how to become one. But anyway, we've got a lot of news on the way to stay here.
Speaker 1: Please welcome, go on only.
Speaker 4: I mean, we love you too.
Speaker 1: Love, we love you.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is something, So why uh? I think it's kind of interesting that our first after giant album comes out, her first show is the least controversial one. Jimmy Fallon, that's probably not a mistake. Yeah, I don't, I don't know. Don't On Kimmel, look like you're supporting him, Colbert, I think you want to stay out of it.
Speaker 1: Probably anyway, Yeah, everything she does is brilliantly calculated. So I'm sure there's some thinking about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we got I don't know the ABC news report from last night that I saw she's the first person ever to have a number one album, number one movie or something like that happened over the weekend. I'm not exactly sure what that means.
Speaker 1: I'm so uncomfortable with gushing. Yeah, just in general.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it makes me uncomfortable too.
Speaker 1: I mean him just gushing like she's a goddess. This is an incredibly capable professional, which is great. Well, she's a and people love her. Me.
Speaker 2: She is a cultural phenomenon, no doubt, But right, I don't feel the need to gush. Is Taylor Swift's album full of white supremacy and homophobia?
Speaker 1: I assume?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Yes, I really know.
Speaker 2: I heard this article last day. I I've listened to the entire album front to back.
Speaker 1: I know what a funnier joke would have been.
Speaker 2: I certainly hope.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: Good Lord, who is asking that question? It's nearly reason I bought it. So her new album, The Life of a show Girl three days old, and the woke are tearing it apart, finding offensive lyrics everywhere. Okay, online social media critics and influencers of Swift have decided the new album is rife with racism and homophobia, as well as secret messages of support for the patriarchy, eugenics, and Donald Trump, even though she openly voted for Kamala Harris. Forensic investigations have been covered dog whistles of all these things, but only they're very They're very subtle. Yeah, I'd say that this is the examples they gave all None of them make any sense to me whatsoever. Like she's got a song Ophelia, which is the female character from Hamlet, and it's basically if Ophelia hadn't killed herself and a happy ending. And I guess the critique there is, Oh, everybody could be happy if they could marry the quarterback whatever I mean.
Speaker 1: I love the fact that these people are exposing themselves for the lunatics that they are. It's actually kind of helpful for the same part of America.
Speaker 2: I like this from some influence who has got like a million followers for whatever reason, that Taylor Swift was friends with Britney Mahomes, Patrick Mahomes wife. Yes, even though Swift endorsed endorsed Kamala Harris, but didn't disavow her friend, so it's probably a secret conservative. I like the fact that you're supposed to disavow your friends in the modern world if they vote for someone else, if you don't disavow them, well then you're as bad as they are.
Speaker 1: That probably makes sense to those people.
Speaker 2: And I know it does. I guarantee you it does because I know people specifically like that. Unfortunately, it has, you know, had effects on my life. I know people like that. You're supposed to disavow friends who have different views.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna start tweeting, you know, be cool. If I could get my dog's attention without people noticing dot dot Dodd, I'm going to start doing dog whistles.
Speaker 2: I think that was a ballot with dog whistles.
Speaker 1: Their minds.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Portland's been on fire for years. I think that's all insurrection. I really think that's a really criminal insurrection. The word insurrection not chosen at random or by accident by Donald Trump, has explained here by Jackie Heinrich on Fox President.
Speaker 5: Trump not ruling out invoking the Insurrection Act, which would allow National Guard troops to carry out domestic law enforcement activities, even against the wishes of local authorities.
Speaker 2: Well, I do it if it was necessary. So far it hasn't been necessary.
Speaker 5: Right now, Illinois Governor JB. Pritzker suing to stop the guard from deploying to Chicago under more narrow orders of protecting federal property, which doesn't require the Insurrection Act.
Speaker 1: But the war of words is escalating.
Speaker 5: Pritzker painting the troops as an unconstitutional invasion and accusing the administration of inciting violence. They say they need to respond to.
Speaker 6: This escalation of violence is targeted and intentional and premeditated. Why to create the pretext for invoking the Insurrection Act so that he can send military troops to our city?
Speaker 2: So this is all pretty interesting. A couple of my favorite pundits, Charles C. Cook Nash Review and Sarah Isger of The Dispatch, have both been pointing out that all this talk about all the things Trump might do or is hinted at or whatever, so far, he hasn't broken the law. And anytime a judge steps in and tells me he can't do anything, then he doesn't do it until a different judge rules. I mean, he's followed the law so far, But It's presented by a lot of his opponents as he's just wildly out of control. Mostly he threatens things, doesn't do them.
Speaker 1: Right, or that's the term lawless specifically used multiple times.
Speaker 2: But so far he has not been and I thought Mark Halprin's analysis of this current insurrection thing was really interesting today. Trump's remarks on the Insurrection Actor deliberately calibrated to project authority without committing to a specific action. By keeping the option on the table, he maximizes pressure on governors and local officials while maintaining room to maneuver. This is less about immediate deployment and more about establishing deterrence and shaping the political environment around domestic unrest, and is always stoking TDS Trump derangement syndrome because you can get people to overreact so much. What will probably happen next is the administration is unlikely to trigger the Insurrection Act, but the possibility itself becomes a tool of negotiation. Expect governor's legal experts in civil society groups to increase public resistance, which could in turn lead to Trump to escalate his rhetoric. The ambiguity serves Trump's interest by keeping both allies and opponents uncertain, gets everybody all riled up. Sometimes they do things that allows him to send in the National Guard or whatever. Yeah, that's you're overreacting. What I mean. If I was an opponent at Trump, I'm not. But if I was an opponent at Trump in one of these cities or states, just ignore him instead.
Speaker 1: Of right, although it doesn't help their electoral prospects to do that, I don't think. If you're talking about effective leadership, you're right, But I don't Davie Spritzker doesn't give a damn about anything but the White House.
Speaker 2: I don't think ultimately it's going to help their political prospects of the way they're doing it. Now, their side is going to start doing like in Portland, start rioting and fighting cops. Most people don't like that. Of all political stripes don't like that sort of unrest. They just don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just think that's that's an interesting point, and I agree. I think the JB. Pritzkers of the world, like lunkhead Gavin Newsome and some of the other people involved here, the Communists of Portland, whatever, they really overread the issues. Polling that's been done by the bigfoot media that says most Americans are against deploying of the National Guard to this city of that city for this purpose of that purpose. But as we know about issues polling, it's super easy to manipulate the results by just tweaking the wording a little bit. And it's absolutely true what you said. Ultimately, when people see violence against cops and vandalism and angry masked people, can you know, doing what Antifa does, they really dislike it. So I just think the JB. Pritzkers of the world are putting way too much confidence in the polling in the online world as always.
Speaker 2: Yeah, remember when Mayor in Los Angeles Karen Bass finally was welcoming of the National Guard troops, because that is the way public opinion, public opinion is. I don't really like the idea of troops on my streets, but I really really, really really don't like the idea of unrest on my streets. One just day to day crime. Yeah, that one beats out the troops on my street if it comes to that, right, If I have to choose between the two, I end up with the troops as opposed to the unrest.
Speaker 1: It's a great example or illustration of how hard this fight's gonna be it'll never end. I suppose to like have lessons become learned, like the experience in Washington, d C. There was your test case. Trump sent in the troops. Everybody yelled and screamed, Uh, it's a dictatorship, military dictatorship. Oh, I kind of like that.
Speaker 2: I'm not afraid anymore.
Speaker 1: And all the crime is dropped and look the state of the National Guards. People are really courteous and they smile at you, and everything's really perfectly fine, and nobody's really a dictatorship at all. But then you got to relearn that in Chicago and Portland and whatever else, the same screeches that we heard re Washington, d C now are going.
Speaker 2: On in Chicago.
Speaker 1: It's just forgot sake. He's just get.
Speaker 2: Tired of it. So in a different town with unrest Portland, you got this guy Nick Sorder. He's a journalist and he likes getting close to Antifa. They react and then he gets to report on it and no style, Yeah, Andy, no style. And here's a little of that. He was on Hannity last night.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, I'm going to get out of the way.
Speaker 2: Get out of the way.
Speaker 4: This is the sidewalk, get out of the way, Okay, So you're not You're no longer about to walk down the sidewalk in Portland or else. You're gonna get jumped and pushed and uh.
Speaker 2: And shoved and assaulted here and we got to revive, right, we got it, okay, So so now we're gonna you're gonna be, You're gonna be. So that's a heck of a journalistic gig. I'm too old and or soft to do the whole Uh, you know what sidewalks are for the public. Antifa's on the sidewalks, says, I can't walk down him. I can walk down him, and I'm gonna walk down him and get the crap beaten out of me on camera so I can go on hand at and show that Antifa is a you know, doing something illegal, which they are. But I don't know if I'm willing to get whacked in the head over it.
Speaker 1: Before we get back to Nick, because the next clip is something else. You've got to understand what they do people like this. Do they put you or Nick in? What they what?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Uh? What's this?
Speaker 1: Uh? Salalensky called the decision dilemma where they put a hand right in your face, an inch away from your face, threatening you, or like Nick, they don't permit you to walk down a sidewalk and she stands in your way, and if you contact her, they all stream you touched her, you assaulted her. You're the violent one, and then they attack you or film it and put it on video or something. It's called it's straight out of the rules for radicals. It's called a decision dilemma. I abhor political violence. I actually do. On the other hand, if somebody stages that sort of like a second degree assault against you, meaning intentionally provoking you so that they can assault you, I would like to put them in a stitches dilemma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just on an individual basis. Here's this same reporter talking about trying to walk down the sidewalk in Portland. It's so hostile.
Speaker 4: People are very, very aggressive, just my very existences awful lot of these Antifa militants. And in both cases you saw I was on sidewalk right In the first case when I ended up being arrested, after I was punched, they broke my camera and then threw me.
Speaker 2: In a hole.
Speaker 4: I was on the sidewalk on the opposite side of the street. So apparently on this street there is just you're not allowed to use the sidewalk unless you're a leftist militant like that is the takeaway from this at this point. And in the incident yesterday, I asked the police officer that was standing there, can I use this sidewalk?
Speaker 2: They won't let me use the other one? Can I use this one? And I did.
Speaker 4: I tried to go through there, and of course you saw how that ended up.
Speaker 2: They put me in a hole. That's a good but he goes on. Listen to this.
Speaker 4: I have gotten it on video multiple times now with people with different people coming up to me saying things like, oh, well, you know, if you come around again, you're gona end up being Charlie Kirk. I mean, these people celebrate violence, and you know, because they walk up and say I'm a Nazi, they call everybody on the right of Nazi right and that alone. If people genuinely believe that somebody is a Nazi, they have no problem with committing violence against them.
Speaker 2: It's been like this.
Speaker 4: For the longest time, where they the residents next door to this ice facility out here are miserable because they're stuck in on these and they can't sleep at night because people are screaming in the megaphones at three o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not fair.
Speaker 4: And they're afraid to speak out because if they do speak out, they're gonna end up.
Speaker 2: Being attacked too.
Speaker 1: Sane America has had enough of insane America and is finally pushing back on some fronts in Portland. Good luck those poor people who live there.
Speaker 2: It really is Yeah, in general, I mean, this is how actual bad guys end up in charge of lots of countries. Dictators or whatever. People like law and order. They just do when it comes down to it, if it's not safe for your kid to walk down the street or you to walk down the street, you'll put up with a lot of authoritarianism for that to go away. And that's just a fact. And so people seeing the most people you see the unrest on the streets in these cities, they're going to lean toward law and order and whoever's behind the trying to straighten it out right. And you know, as we've observed many times, if the if polite society refuses to do what's right, like you know, the the immigration thing in Britain or Germany for that matter. For the longest time, the so called mainstream said, no, you're not allowed to talk about that.
Speaker 1: You're not allowed to talk about it, and so the normal people of those countries embraced the people who were willing to talk about it, some of whom are a little unsavory by my standards. But you've got to have somebody standing up for you. And if the authorities quote unquote won't do it, you're going to look for somebody to do it, and heads are going to get bashed.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely unavoidable. Why wouldn't Antifa just move out of the way and let him walk through and let him have to say in nothing to film.
Speaker 1: Well, they're they're militant youngsters on on multiple drugs. I mean they're they're they're committed Marxists, but they're also angry young radicals. You just want to tear down, you know, the system as they see it.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: They want violence. They want chaos. They they they that's why they got up in the morning is to have some chaos.
Speaker 2: I would I would if I had to do it, I'd put on a helmet. I would kind of hunch over and like running through a cold sprinkler. Okay, here I go, and then the beating start. They try to go down the sidewalk. I'm not cut out for that work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm glad he is. The whole complicity of silence among the mainstream media with repeating of the idiocy an Tifa doesn't really exist as an organization. It's it's not a thing to be worried about or whatever, because they kind of secretly agree with a lot of the stuff and it's all going to end badly.
Speaker 2: Apparently the elephants have had it with us. I don't know if you've seen the elephant rampage video that's making their rounds. Full team coverage of that story, among other things we've got on the way. Some interesting economic news as always, on where things are headed as we get closer to Christmas season. I heard how many days it is till Christmas the other day, and it put a shock down my spine or something blah, shiver up your leg something like that. Are the are the are the tariff price is going to hit just in time for Christmas? Speculation around that anyway, A lot of things on the waistick here, you know, And I were just discussing that final play of Monday Night Football last night, or the final winning play, Trevor Lawrence falling down twice the quarterback for the Jaguars running it in to beat the Chiefs. They are Jaguars are four and one. Yeah, so they're one of your best teams really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so it's funny. Yesterday I was talking about my wife and I went to a rock and roll show over the weekend and it was okay, but just the sound wasn't good. And we've been disappointed several times in a row now going to see some of our favorite musical acts through the years. As they're you know, getting older and different venues and stuff like that, we thought we got to stop doing it because we keep getting disappointed.
Speaker 2: I want to remember when they were great, and we've got an email typically because you think they're past their prime, these people you've gone to see, uh or just going through the motions, Oh they don't care.
Speaker 1: There's that too, because I've had that experience. Well, yeah, I wouldn't even I wouldn't even say that strongly. It's just it's like a shadow of what they used to be able to do.
Speaker 2: Didn't you see the Rolling Stones? Once and it seemed like nobody cared.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: Actually, the thing about well, yeah, well that's it. It's a long answer. The thing about the Rolling Stones is that Mick Jaggers one hundred percent committed to entertaining the audience every show. He sees that as his job, whereas a lot of my favorite bands see their job as getting up and playing our songs. And it used to be with Wild, Abandon and Passion, and now it's the contract says we got to play for an hour twenty and goodbye, have a good night anyway. And one of our beloved listeners said, hey, I think I was at the same show, Paul McCartney in Las Vegas, right, same thing. And I was like, no, actually it wasn't at all, but that's interesting. And he said he'd never go to another stadium show. And I've gotten a bunch of emails and texts and questions. My musical heroes, Rush are reuniting to the shock of fans without one third of the band, Neil Pierre, who died several years ago brain cancer, and it was thought they would never ever play again because he was irreplaceable. But they're going to and people are going, are you going to go to the shows after what you said and blah blah blah. The answer is probably maybe because a friend of mine is super excited about going to see him in Toronto and that sounds like a lot of fun to me. So I don't know, they're actually playing with a brilliant, brilliant drummer who is a German woman. That's right, And I don't know about you've been playing the correct time signature is that will be consequences. Uh yeah, so that's interesting, you know, to each their own. I know the Eagles still musically, oh, really fantastic.
Speaker 2: It was fantastic. Joe Walsh was on fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the problem with the McCartney show, according to our beloved listener, was that it was just stadium sound. Stadium sound is terrible.
Speaker 2: You just.
Speaker 1: If you still like going to those shows and they're fun for you, because you can say you saw them, and then you're.
Speaker 2: I get nothing out to that. I don't understand that the I can say I saw them, I get nothing out of that. Either enjoyed the musical experience or I don't. I've seen Bob Dylan twice was a complete waste of money and time. I wish I had done something else that night, even if I had just rearranged my soccer for a complete waste of time. I get no benefit out of saying I've seen Bob Dylan. I've been in the same room as Bob Dylan. Gives me no joy. It was worthless. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've had a couple of experiences lately seeing bands I've never heard of open for the band I was there to see, and they were young and passionate and had some good songs, and it was really really good. Here's when they made the headliners look bad.
Speaker 2: Here's a musical note. I was watching a jazz band the other day. I live in a college town, so this is the sort of thing that happens down then, where it's just a fantastic jazz band playing somewhere. But anyway, I was watching that. The one thing I could never do musically, no matter how hard I try, is be a jazz drummer. How do those people do that? I don't even know what they're what they're doing there? How do they stay with the beat or whatever. That's the most amazing thing in all of music.
Speaker 1: Chant drummers, Yeah, practice practice, Prog rock is a lot like that, really, seventeen different time signatures.
Speaker 2: Wow, the way their brains work. Pam Bondi being grilled. There's some interesting stuff that's come out of that already, and other stuff an hour three. I hope you can get it if you don't get the podcasts Armstrong and Getty