Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to and that's what you really missed. We are wishing everybody a very safe and happy and healthy new year heading into twenty twenty five. Thank you so much for an amazing twenty twenty four. This has been an incredible year for us in the podcast and you guys are just the best, best ever and we're so.
Speaker 2: So grateful for you and a year that has been tough for so many reasons, Like doing this is such a bright spot, and like being in community lead community with all of you has like actually just been such a highlight. Yeah, earnestly, I'm getting a little too real here, but it is really nice and it's nice to get to do this with you.
Speaker 1: Jenna YouTube Kevin, I cannot believe we're almost in twenty five. It is very fast, Oh God, very very fast. What has been your favorite memory from this year, Kevin?
Speaker 2: I got to do theater for the first time, so doing spelling b like that whole experience was really great, right, meeting all those wonderful people who I did the show with. Also, I took a trip to Europe and saw one of my friend, our friend Andrea get married, and that was also really great and magical. So two highlights. What about you?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, this year has been a whirlwinding a human. Yeah, I mean I think that a big part of it was being pregnant. Throughout most of this year, I'm watching Emma grow into a two and a half year old. Has been just crazy. She's like a full blown kid at this point now, and it's just it's very wild. She started school, so I feel like we were just getting into the groove of like a new phase of her life and that was really really fun and work kind of like took aside from the podcast, It took a back seat. But I was like, you know what, I'll take it. I'll take this year and I'll take it for what it is. So I think, yeah, the pregnancy and a lot of personal journey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this year, important real life things you've been doing, you know.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Yeah, trying to grow and teach tiny humans to be good in this.
Speaker 2: World, you know, I mean, no small feet, good God.
Speaker 1: What are you looking forward to in twenty twenty five? Oh, I think it's gonna be a really weird year to start. Obviously for specific reasons. I hope for myself to find some peace.
Speaker 3: Are you okay, Jenna, No, I hope to find some peace in all of the hubbub and chaos that I think will might ensue that we might encounter in the first half.
Speaker 1: Of the year. Like there's a lot of stuff we know is coming and a lot of unknowns and a lot of scary things that could be happening. And I'm just trying to, like, for my personal self, find some peace in that smart and being able to like, we've been here before, We've done this before, and so how do I filter out what is needed and what's not and what's important and what to fight for and what to not and when to take a back seat and when to not, you know, just like finding that balance. I am excited for this the rest of this podcast, and I would love to see what people want to hear from us as well in terms of the podcast after season five and six, So please write in and tell us that because that will be really interesting and fun to kind of explore. Yeah. Yeah, I just is like a lot of unknowns in al ways, So just some peace.
Speaker 2: I would like to be able to find more ways for us to work together. Great.
Speaker 1: You know I love that you.
Speaker 2: Get Amber involved. I think love it. I think I'm here for it. We should figure that out.
Speaker 1: Great, let's do it. You've read so many books this year, Kevin, is yet not as many as I planned on. This was a slower year for me than last year. Okay, but like, what's slow? Because I think I read two books this year, So like what's slow?
Speaker 2: But as you said, Jenna, here raising a human and growing another human. Right, I have a dog and a cat. You know that.
Speaker 1: Still, people, it takes some effort to pick up a book sometimes. I think.
Speaker 2: I think by the end of this year, I will be at technically like maybe twenty one books.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a lot of books. No.
Speaker 2: Last year I was at thirty.
Speaker 1: Okay, but that's a lot of books.
Speaker 2: My goal was thirty six this year.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of books.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: I'm like, let me get through one, literally, let me get through one.
Speaker 2: Fair And I've hit some slumps this year as well, like I've hit some reading slumps or like fair enough, I've It's probably the most did not finish year for me. So I need to go back and finish some books I've gotten better at, like I'm not feeling right now, I'm going to put it down.
Speaker 1: I love that. That's great.
Speaker 2: I love I never I've resisted that feeling for a really long time, so I did that. But I have read some great books this year. Great great or anybody listening who cares about book recommendations, I'll give you a little highlight, wouldn't say I'm like the biggest fantasy reader. However, probably my current favorite writer R F. Kuang. She's stupidly brilliant. She is so smart. She wrote the Poppy Word Trilogy, which I just started, so I read the first book of that this year. I also read Bibble, which is so good, which is being adapted. She's coming up with another book she wrote, yellow Face. She's unbelievable, so I'm trying to get through all of her things. Also at the start of the year I read Henry Henry by Alan Bratton and so good, like a modern retelling of Shakespeare's Henry the Fifth, I think, And it's a queer and just it's very good. And also I mean the book of the Year Barnes and Noble Agrees James by Percival Everett. It like is a retelling of Huckleberry Finn m that's fun from the perspective of Jim the Slave, and it's just it's great, it's so so good. So those are some of my highlights of the year. Great, did you watch a lot of TV this year like we did?
Speaker 1: We watched a lot of TV this year, So do you have recommendations like highlights from this past year?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: We love The Diplomat and we just started season two.
Speaker 2: Diplomat is like my favorite show. And The Diplomat came back this year and I watched the entire second season in one day. Let me know everything you think about it.
Speaker 1: The Perfect Couple we watched obviously nobody wants this. We watched Presumed Innocent Love that one. That one is a really great one and the ending was not what we expected it all. So we were very happy with that.
Speaker 2: Is that the Jake Jonhall show to watch that?
Speaker 1: We just watched Bad Monkey?
Speaker 2: What is Bad Monkey?
Speaker 1: It's Fawn on Apple TV. We just watched Disclaimer. We really enjoyed that one, did you. Yeah? Yeah with Caplen Chad, Yeah, because that show, right, and it's gotten, it's you know, it's gotten. No, I mean, it's a totally it's not an easy watch. I wouldn't say it's easy. It's quite dark, but we we it never really lost me at any point. Again, like a fun little twist. We watched The Brother's Son this year. Yeah, we've been really good at watching new things this year because usually we're rewatch your family because when you have small children at the end of the night, it's very easy to like want to just turn your brain off, so you watch something that you know very very well. But we have watched a lot this year of new content that we've tried to be more mindful of, like doing things that are not just like sitting there and like stewing.
Speaker 2: I feel like this has been a really slow TV year for me. Oh interesting, which is weird. Normally I watch a lot, but I think what also happens is because I'll watch something really quickly, I'll binge it. Then I forgot that I watched it, Like I forgot, Like I watched Three Body Problem on Netflix and I forgot that I did and it was this huge show Like that was really fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are you doing for New Year's this year? You know what?
Speaker 2: Normally, like last year, I went to Brazil. I normally go on a trip. This year, I'm completely winging it. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: I didn't really feel like going anywhere. I was gone a lot this year. I'm gonna be gone a bit next year, and so I'm just trying to like sit my ass at home for a little bit. So maybe I'll do nothing and that'll be nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Last year, Meghan Doyle and her husband Thomas came over and they left it like eleven forty five and we went to bed. We all went to bed. And this year, obviously we have a baby, so there's nothing happening.
Speaker 2: I'll come leave you things on your doorstep.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks, I appreciate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll leave you like treats.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so sweet. But I'm okay with that. You know what, New Year's is like one of those holidays that like some years you just you blow it out and some years you just you're just cozy at home. And there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I'm one year on, one year off now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I respect that. I respect that a lot. Well, we hope you all out there listening, Thanks for listening to our years episode, and I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful New Years, and we can't wait to see you in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Five and we'll be back with an excellent episode. We're kicking off twenty twenty five with season five, Episode nine, Renemies just like us.
Speaker 1: Happy New Year everybody.
Speaker 2: It is such a good episode and joy have a safe happy New Years. That's what you really missed. Thanks for listening, and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.