Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast George Noriy with your Lee. A guy with a spiritual teacher, speaker, intuitive healing artist. She's the author of three books, including The Fearless Path, Overcoming Toxic Emotions, and A Spiritual Journey for Women. She uses her personal triumphs over addiction, anxiety, and eating disorders and inspires and teaches people how to access their full potential with practical techniques, guided wisdom, and entertaining concepts. Leah, Welcome to the program. Good to have you with us.
Speaker 3: Hi, George, good to be here. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: So you ended up buying a house that turned out to be haunted.
Speaker 3: I did, why do you do that? It was, you know, like blind love. It was kind of like that. At first I walked through the house with the realature and I said, no, I at that point I didn't know was haunted. But you know, I wasn't going in looking for that. I was looking for a house. I was desperate to find one. And at first I said, no way. It was too it was in too bad condition, it was overpriced, there's too much to need to be done. I said, no way, and then I left, And then I became kind of obsessed with the house. I couldn't stop thinking about it.
Speaker 2: What made you draw yourself to it?
Speaker 3: Well, I think that there was some serious work to be done there on you know, on a soul level, on an energy level, and for whatever reason, maybe I was the person to need to do that, you know, for myself, or the house were history and time, who knows. But it was kind of like I couldn't say no. It was it was like a push. I was pushed to that place.
Speaker 2: So you want ahead and bought it. And at what point did you realize there's something strange about this place?
Speaker 3: Well, it was a few weeks. Every time I would move something from the facing of the house, like a lantern, or there was this old cawskull decoration by the front door that I didn't want there other things. There were several things, but the house started to feel a little bit bizarre at nighttime in particular, but even during the daytime when I would go up to the third floor, there was just this sense of hesitation and me and child and I am a very sensitive person because as you said, you know, I do energy healing and spiritual work and so forth for the past twenty thirty years of my career, and so it was uncomfortable. But I thought, well, maybe I'm just you know, George, we should also say here. I purchased the house and moved in on the first day of COVID Lockdown, Oh Jersey.
Speaker 2: What timing, huh?
Speaker 3: It was the day Friday, March twenty seventh. I didn't know anyone in the area, so I thought, well, maybe I'm just feeling unnerved, you know. And then I started having things stolen from the garden that I was things I'd placed there from the house. Then I started finding bizarre things in the garden, and then about a month six weeks then I started having these night terrors. And at that point I knew something serious is going on here. Not only myself. I was the only one having the nightmarees, but when I had visitation order visitors or my boyfriend was there, you know, he could feel things going on. Other people were like, something different is here. I'm like, yeah, you should be. You should be me in those in those dream states.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, do you know if the house was haunted prior to your ownerships? Where they should have disclosed it to you.
Speaker 3: I do believe that. Yes, I had some communication with the previous owners, and well, I should say, the previous owners mentioned the husband mentioned that things were different they and the wife mentioned that as well. But then I actually asked the wife some pointed specific questions like the dream time, you know, the night terrors, and if anything had ever been stolen, that kind of stuff. I know, things saying things get stolen, you know people in the city, that's like, no big deal. But this is a charming, artistic, creative camp. And my gardens were up two or three flights from the side of the road. It was a barely accessible spot, so it's not just like your average oh something got stolen. Plus I'm surrounded by woods, it's not like I had, you know, many neighbors. So the wife, previous owner wife also had the same nightmares that I had for her first nine months of living there, and we shared stories of our dream time that were almost identical, and we did that over text.
Speaker 2: Did you or did the previous owners ever conduct some kind of investigation to try to determine what happened in this house? Did anybody die in it or something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think through their information that they had, and I ended up having some energy clearers over and of course I went to several mediums and people trying to get more clarity. There was one consistent story that thread throughout My house was originated in eighteen thirty eight and suspend there quite some time, and the one story that thread throughout every person was that at the turn of the century, so around early nineteen hundreds, that the house was a brothel of sorts, which you know, again isn't necessarily unusual, but well, I mean, I guess it's not that common, but the brothel wasn't like a traditional brothel. The information that came through was it was a brothel owned by a powerful local businessman of sorts, and he would take young people's or people's young children and as payment if they couldn't repay him what they owed. So it was a it was kind of a I don't know the correct word, but there was no child over age sixteen living at that house that was being used and abused and sold as a prostitution. And so it started to make sense of what I was seeing in my dreams and visions and feeling in the house, meaning there was both this really lighthearted, beautiful, energetic feeling of love and playfulness and calm and peace and just a real lovely feeling at that house. And then there was this really dark energy. And I don't know if it was the man who owned the brothel or you know, someone else, I'm not sure, but I have no doubt from the years that I've lived there that that there was something something desperate kind of going on there.
Speaker 2: How often did it happen? Did did strange things occur while you were there?
Speaker 3: There were strange things as in, you know, fire alarms going off all the time, or this tree that went a different direction and fell on my boyfriend's car in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: Farm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there were things found in the garden every week. The dreams, the nightmares, the visitations as what I'll call them. They happened about every couple of weeks, you know, give or take. But it got to be frequent enough that it was you know, I started to become scared to go to sleep, to be honest with you, because it was so invasive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go to bed with your eyes open for crying out loud.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And there was other things, you know, like the bed bouncing and night, the whole house shook. I literally thought there was a huge earthquake. It woke me up in the night, and you know, so it was it was pretty frequent for the first year and a half.
Speaker 2: How many ghosts do you think occupied the house, Well.
Speaker 3: We're talking about benevolent spirits as well as the dark energies. I'd say probably ten to twelve.
Speaker 2: That's a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean when I say ten to twelve, I'm sensing this kind of a gaggler group of these younger kids. It was really sweet as I was, you know, I had to remodel the home. As I said, it was a disaster when I bought it, but I did it on a budget, and I did it through COVID, So it was like me ripping out floors in the home, you know, and tearing the kitchen down and stuff like that. And it was really sweet to find, you know, this juxtaposition of these night terrors and so forth they were going on and this crazy energy in the house. And then you know, I'd opened a wall and there were a series of little plastic army mentoys or you know, little memorabilia from children or postcards from eighteen ninety six handwritten from two miles down the road, you know. So there was there was a lot of history that I continue to find. I keep saying, I say, the cart the gardens keep giving because every time I go digging, they provide something. But even in the house, and yet there was you know, this ever present dark energy and some serious stuff in the house as well as that. For instance, one time my foot went through the floor, just like that movie you know, this old house. My foot literally went through the bedroom floor and the wood plank hit me up in the butt, and luckily I didn't go through the ceiling, but I had to remove the wood plank, and I looked, you know, hollow between the floor and the ceiling because how old the houses. And there was hundreds, if not thousands of baggies and needles and rubb were bands that looked, you know, not of this time. So at some point there was a serious drug problem there. And my next door neighbors also turned out had a serious mental health issue. So it was just a really bizarre It was like I was walking through polarity and time. You know, this beautiful Italian facade eighteen sixties of stone and brick home with three lovely patios and you know, the woods, and it was this gorgeous place and then this terrorizing energy going on at the same you know, simultaneously, And it was kind of that way throughout the whole experience.
Speaker 2: You don't still own the house, do you? I? Do you still have it? Do you live in it?
Speaker 3: I worked so hard. I don't live in it anymore. I worked so hard on that house physically, energetically, emotionally. It feels wonderful now and I do think that I have protected the lands and created a boundary where that energy can no longer enter. I feel strongly about that. There is still a different kind of feeling at the house. It's not scary, it's just different. It's kind of like walking back in time. But it's lovely there. And so I decided to turn it to short term rentals. Already had one going on the first floor.
Speaker 2: Did you tell them about the house.
Speaker 3: Well when I managed it, Yes, I actually kind of yes, I did. I put it in the Airbnb and I had people coming just for that, you know. I had mothers bringing their young sons with the ghosts, barometers saying, machines and so forth, and I had other people, you know, very interested. Now it's kind of owned by a management company, and now I don't feel like I need to disclose that in the ad, but I do put it in the books and so forth, because there's no you know, there's there's just not the same negative energy there. If anything, people have these kind of mystical, wonderful experiences and they feel at such peace, and so it's just been really cool to see it transform. But for myself, I kind of got worn out. You know, it's like going home for too long of a visit, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Have the hauntings stopped in the place.
Speaker 3: Yes, the hauntings have stopped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder what would happen if you move back in.
Speaker 3: Well, I do go visit, and I'm good there for like three or four days. When I go there, it feels like.
Speaker 2: A warm hug and nothing happens.
Speaker 3: And nothing happens. No, nothing happens. Like like before, there's still you know, there's still some kind of different feeling, you know, but nothing happens. But what I noticed does happen to me is after the third or fourth night, I just kind of feel like, you know, I'm ready to not be here. But it's not because I'm scared, or it's not because of any negative reason. It just I feel complete with it, you know, and I'm ready to get back to my life. It truly feels like going back into another dimension. It's like a fifth dimension.
Speaker 2: And you'd think the spirits were out to get you, don't you.
Speaker 3: I think the one, I think there was one that was very possessive and jealous everything that every time, almost every time that I had those kinds of experiences, my boyfriend was visiting or nearby, so out to get me. Yes, it does feel like it was trying to take me down. While I was in the house, my health started declining, and I'm a you know, vital at that point late forties and now early fifties woman active, and I went through a bizarre series of health issues, accidents, like I said, the night invasions, So what I say out to get me, I would kind of more say there to prove its point. And then when I started using my energy and resources, that's when I felt like it was trying to quote kind of take me down.
Speaker 2: Did anything ever happen to your boyfriends when he was there?
Speaker 3: Now he would feel he would here, feel and see a lot of what I did. In fact, sometimes he would say to me before bed, you know, the energy's often here, and I'm like, I know. And by this point I kind of had a nighttime prayer ritual that I went through to protect and if I was too tired, I could feel it, you know, if I didn't, so he would be able to feel that. He would feel the bouncing ball or the bouncing bed. Of course, as I said, his car got demolished. When he was there, he would find stuff in the gardens with me, and after a while he had the sense of mind because I would wake up in these night terrors vocally trying to get help. And it was a lot of struggle for me to come to that point. But at one point he got his cell phone and he recorded me, you know, calling out and screaming and crying to this energy in my nighttime. So so he was definitely, you know, experiencing a lot of it.
Speaker 2: How are you able to function in your normal career?
Speaker 3: Well, I worked for my car a lot during those years. I mean, it was It's one of those things that I think you go through and you don't realize how much energy it's taking from you until you get away from it, you know, because as I said, it was COVID. I could have like left and gone to my families, but there in Kentucky, you know, it's twelve hours away. I was just as nervous as everyone else at the beginning, is like, don't leave your house, you know, wear the mask whatever. So I really felt kind of trapped in this situation for the first six eight months certainly, And I guess on the other hand, I wasn't working as much. I was doing ZIM calls. All My focus was kind of on the house and just keeping myself sane and together and healthy. And you know, maybe that was a gift at the time that I had that, otherwise I don't know that I would have. In fact, it's led me to believe my one other neighbor on that hill had severe mental health illness. The people in the house before me. He ended up having a severe drug issue. The one other house on the hill has been abandoned, as the woodside had been abandoned ever since I had lived there, So it was kind of like the whole hillside, which was just three properties, one abandoned, one with a severely mental ill couple in my house. It was kind of like this energy was pervasive. Yeah, yeah, and that's why I said my work that I did energetically there. I felt like I had to work on the whole land. It was intense.
Speaker 2: Were you scared?
Speaker 3: Not that well right now I'm physically still struggling for them.
Speaker 2: What were you scared staying there? I was terrified, Yeah, an emotional basket case.
Speaker 3: It was really really something, you know, but it's it's kind of brought me to a different level of my own healing and my my personal journey the first several nights. I don't know if I mentioned, but it's also kind of in the woods. It's visible to a main road, but there's no street street lights on my road, and it's on a.
Speaker 2: Hill and typical haunt looking place. I bet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it was. It was something I was really scared. But at first I thought, well, maybe I'm just scared to live in the house by myself. You know, it'd been a while, and as I said, I didn't not any was the COVID. And even though this charming little town has hardly any crime at all. I mean it's like, you know, people leave everything out on the front porch.
Speaker 2: I bet the Adams family house was a fun house compared to yours.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it seemed like it. Yeah, yeah, it was. It was scary.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more