Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to and that's where you really miss podcast. Yes it is Jenna, and yes I did lose my voice, and yes Kevin is jetlagged, and so we are struggling right now, but here we are. We're here for you guys. I just crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm I really like it.
Speaker 1: I'm doing my best to like project right now.
Speaker 2: This is Jenna's theater training. She has a degree in musical theater. She can place her voice differently. Last night you had no voice.
Speaker 1: I had no voice, and then today I was like, oh, I kind of have a voice, but then it goes out away. It doesn't hurt.
Speaker 2: You sound like a little boy.
Speaker 1: It's just sad.
Speaker 2: He sounds so sad.
Speaker 1: I just hate it. It's like I I feel different than I sound, you know. Oh yeah, I sound different than I feel. Okay, well, let's just do this because you're on borrow time, you're in London right now, I have to go into your process for your new for not a new musical, but a musical. You're on like four hours of sleep, maybe less.
Speaker 2: I'm on two sessions of two hours of sleep. Well, I feel good, Jenna. I will hold this up. The voice is here. I'll hold this up for both of us.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, don't strain your voice either, because you need your voice. Okay, Season six, and we're in episode two. This is part two of the premiere. But we are doing this weekly. So this is homecoming and it aired on January ninth, twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: Just a rub salt on the wound.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other thing about so we discovered last week they moved to Fridays. And the other thing is new shows, Like, don't premiere this soon after New Year's you wait, like two weeks after New Years. We are really just like, let's get these out of here.
Speaker 1: Well, let's just get them, get through.
Speaker 2: It, throw them at the wall.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So I mean, I love you know, the experience of being able to watch these two back to back, I think would have been really satisfying because seeing everybody back together, the gang's all here working together in a positive way. We have everybody now in charge of different glee clubs is really full circle and lovely to watch.
Speaker 1: Okay. In the news, number one song is blank Space by Taylor Swift again or still because.
Speaker 2: The number one movie is Still taking three?
Speaker 1: Where was she obvious? So on January sixth, the music Homecoming EP was released. It was five tracks from episode six or two, and it was for digital only. We've gone from CD now only to digital.
Speaker 2: More importantly, on January seventh, Chris One Favorite Comedic TV actor at the forty first annual People's Choice Awards.
Speaker 1: Wow. Look, I knew this.
Speaker 2: However, the category was not televised and Chris was not in attendance. Chris did share a celebratory post on Instagram saying, just find out about the People's Choice Award three years in a row. Thank you all so much. The category wasn't televised, so let me tell you how I am telling you now. I am forever grateful, humbled, and quite spoiled deserved. Yeah, dang and icon. This episode was directed by Brad Baker.
Speaker 1: Wow, so he did back to.
Speaker 2: Back Yeah, so you must have just prepped him at the same time.
Speaker 1: God to bless him. That is crazy. The only other person I believe who's ever done that on our show is there Stills correct. Nobody should have to do that. The songs were take on Me performed by all of.
Speaker 2: Us, Tightrope performed by Jane with the Warblers problem.
Speaker 1: We're performed by the Unholy Trinity Artie and the cheer.
Speaker 2: I got my whisper in on that. Well, let me make these royalties Mustang Sally performed by Roderick with Brittany Quinn and Santana of course.
Speaker 1: And then we have a Home performed by all the alumni, all the new new directions and Spencer.
Speaker 2: And Spencer fun facts. This episode was part two, like we said of the season six premiere, airing right after Lucier Like Me.
Speaker 1: And the title card pays homage to the cartoon drawings and the original music video for Take on Me as to do the transitions between several of the scenes, which I appreciate they kept going.
Speaker 2: This is also the final time in the entire series the title card changes.
Speaker 1: Whoa And this episode marks back as first appearance since the show's moved to New York after new directions. It feels like it feels like she never left.
Speaker 2: It was really good to see her, though, yeah, her pony jail is much longer. This episode marks the first appearance of Jane Hayward, Mason McCarthy, and Madison McCarthy.
Speaker 1: And this is the sixth episode where every member of New Directions sings the soul Line, the others being the pilot, Brittany two point zero, Tina in the sky a Katie or Gaga, and the end of work Okay.
Speaker 2: Official episode summary put Coins, Santana, Mercedes, Brittany, Arty, and Tina all return to McKinley for Homecoming and help Rachel and Kurt recruit for the new Glee Club.
Speaker 1: I remember coming back for this. It was really fun to shoot this, Like take on Me was really fun. I remember we were back at Bernstein in the cafeteria yep, making fools of ourselves. Also in the in the room where you were drawing the cartoon on the I have.
Speaker 2: Lots of photos of filming that number, yeah right.
Speaker 1: And then getting Noah in there, and then of course Homecoming, which also feels like an afterthought, but like we did that at night and it was very cold on Paramount.
Speaker 2: I don't remember doing that. I was Washington.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, I have of us doing that. We didn't do that. That's why, like you and I were like kind of in the like the beginning part, and then that was like kind of it and of us. Yeah, we were behind the buses.
Speaker 2: Like a lot got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were really there. Overall, it was really fun to see everybody. But I will say this was not my favorite episode.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it. I enjoyed watching it. I had a good time. It was entertaining. It was sort of like all the things I like about Glee on the entertainment side. It's not like we're saying anything profound in this episode, but seeing the new kids perform, and like I said earlier, I really like having everybody back and working together, and it's not we're not in everybody's drama. And there was something what I really liked and what set it up for me was the dinner at Shusters where everybody's there and you have Blaine in charge of Warbler's Shoe, in charge of Vocal Adrenaline, and Kurt and Rachel in charge of New Directions, and it was like, that is really cool and it feels right, and it feels like, of course it's not going to be friendly, even though they're saying we're going to make it friendly. It's a new take on how we're going to do this and how we operate. And then immediately, you know, Jane moves from Warblers to New Directions, so I enjoyed all of that, and it was just it was so nice seeing everyone and seeing everybody perform.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, I liked that aspect of it. That was my favorite part of it. Was like watching them come back in this new iteration and like being the leaders and like kind of going at Like I really enjoyed when when Rachel takes or really when Jane approaches Rachel and says, like, I'm gonna switch. I don't really want to be in the war Warers anymore. They don't want me there, so like I'm I'm going to transfer if this is what I want, and like then blame being like, okay, it's over the playing nice kind of thing that mister Shu had initially you know established, Yeah, yeah, established, and so I like that aspect of it. I just felt a little I don't know, I you know, I really enjoyed the less characters, the more more focused storylines like we had. I agree, this still has that element to it, like it's very organized and focused, but like it just felt like a little like we could have gotten there faster.
Speaker 2: I I think I like it for that for the reasons you don't like it, because I feel like it was a much more natural and organic way to introduce all these new people than than what happened last time. Like that felt very disjointed and all over the place, and like we're forcing these people in here, where this sort of felt like there was some resistance. They're not all just like yeah, we're gonna do it. It was like woven in between everything else going on. I thought, like you said, much more organized, no, no fair way in a different way than last time, which was also nice. I'm glad they weren't just sort of copying and pasting and like, you know, the little bits of like Rachel running through the locker room and side note, I just would like to flag the sexual things, like Santana says it when she references her like sexual prowess luring people. And these people are in high school in underage first of all, I know, and then Rachel going through the locker room saying, I'm not looking at anything. I'm just like, this is crazy. It's a little it's a little weird when you're that close in age to the high schoolers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, but it's only a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're comedic geniuses, so they sold it. And it's very funny, let's talk about Rachel.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, okay, great, I mean we're still we're talking about her, So let's talk about let's talk about it exactly the So the guys all make a pact, all the head coaches now Rachel, kurk Wilblain all make a pact to obviously play nice, and there's no poaching of stealing, which spoiler alert, there's kind of poaching stealing immediately and and Rachel, we're back at McKinley and Rachel Kurt are trying to establish a brand new glee club and Rachel puts up the list and Kurt's like, Okay, you need to be more proactive than this. We're not going to find people if we don't. So she hears this like voice which is Noah's voice in the hallways, and uh, She's like asking, how does that transition happen? So she's in the hallway and she and Rachel agrees that Kurt's right, and then all of a sudden, it's like everybody's magically there.
Speaker 2: She since it's a bat signal, the glee bat signals, literally, and everybody is just there.
Speaker 1: Well, we perform, we're all there. Of course, Tina gets is late again and nobody waited for the rental car and I pressed on the car. At that point, I was like, yeah, this is funny now, you know, like at this point, I'm like, okay, I can't.
Speaker 2: Say it's come back around. It got to the point where it was like rude and then funny, and then now this is just sad and forced, and now it's really funny. Yeah, yeah, and shut up Tina.
Speaker 1: So she's there and everybody's gonna sing. They're all there for Homecoming technically, but they they end up doing the take on me. Now, this number was like cuckoo because Brad kept telling us like there's gonna be the cartoons and he went around with his iPad and he showed us the original video and we were like, oh, I get it, I get it. So you just have to like trust Brad Beaker because like I feel like he always has like a plan and you're like, it's just kind of look great.
Speaker 2: Like he's great at explaining it. Not every director would explain the plan, and it's really helpful.
Speaker 1: Show it to us. Yeah, he's like here you go, like the no secrets, you.
Speaker 2: Know, well, especially when so these numbers and if you've been following along with this podcast. We don't necessarily love the process of shooting the numbers that go through a lot of different rooms in the school, because it's really tedious and takes a lot of time for a little you know, like you're in a room for ten seconds passing through, do a little jig and move out, and it just takes so long. This was no different. However, when you are prepped and know exactly what's going on and what it's going to look like, or have some sort of idea, it helps you, I think, appreciate the process a little better.
Speaker 1: I was also kind of like just in it because like we had had a break and like you know, we were happy to be there, and.
Speaker 2: Just everybody was happy to be there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're all back together and the gang was all back together, and we did this ridiculous number. We all look insane. Everybody's collars and like costumes and hair. Kevin, do you remember when we were at Bernstein in the cafeteria. There's like two very distinct stories. I remember you, me and Diana were hanging out and we were making like weird videos of like inspirational quotes and we were like doing them to the camera like really, oh oh yeah, we had a lot of free time on we did.
Speaker 2: We had so much free time, like we just done.
Speaker 1: Like a ton of time, like cooping off with Diana.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of pictures of me and Naya.
Speaker 1: Okay, so well, when we shot it, the obviously the cartoon were like the picture frame that everybody's jumping through was put in in post, but what we used to shoot it was like just like a wooden frames, just like four long skinny frames put together, and the guys were carrying them and Rachel's Everybody's jumping through the and coming out in costume. Well, I remember having to jump through that, and I remember Core jumping through it and falling flat on his face. He tripped over the bottom board and he went coupling right on the ground. And I will never never forget it. So funny. That would make sense.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I remember us like being back in the like behind the kitchen area and the cafeteria for a really long time. I don't know, why.
Speaker 1: Are your chairs were back there?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's that would make sense. I'm glad you remember these things. I just have fragments of memory some reason.
Speaker 1: This is very vivid in my mind.
Speaker 2: Once it came up, I was like, oh, yes, I'm like, ah this watching this altogether. You know, we haven't taken that much time between seasons. Yeah, it feels so different because when we were filming this, there was such a big break right between the last episode of last season and all of us being here for this episode, and a lot of us hadn't seen each other. So much had changed in the world with each other, and so you know, like people are growing up and getting married and all those things, and so it was such like a big you can see, the vibes were like so good in this episode between everybody. Everyone is genuinely laughing. Everyone is just having a great time, so grateful and happy to be there and just just because we got to hang out. It was really really fun.
Speaker 1: It was now. I love that. I I think when we were filming with like a wooden frame, I was like, I don't know this is going to turn out. You just like trust in Brad Baker. But I love the way it turned out. I thought it was so much fun and like different, and you know, it was like a fun way back and for everybody to be together. But we have to talk about the Unholy Trinity and doing problem because I have I don't remember this and it is insane, Like everybody looks and sounds really good and it's really fun and I don't remember it. So now I need you to tell me about shooting this. Nya sounds incredible.
Speaker 2: Nya sounds so good.
Speaker 1: Her best impression of Ariana will also putting Nya's spin on it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she was going for it. I think she was like, Okay, I'll do this. Oh yeah, so that number. For those of you who know, you know, you'll understand what I'm alluding to. But it was interesting that Naya had to sing that song mm and she did not complain, She did not say anything negative about it. She was like, I'm going to sing the shit out of this. Yeah she did, and we just had a good time. I was ready to sit there and sort of like gossip, like, oh my god, can you and she was just like, no, no, this is my job. I'm showing up. I'm clocking in, as she would say, and I'm doing it. That day was also just so much fun to be in a number. Also, with them being a number I used loosely. I was was behind a chain link fence whispering.
Speaker 1: You were like running down the like rolling down the bleachers with them, like it was really fun. I really liked that number.
Speaker 2: It was on a personal level, really boring to shoot for me because I'm so far away from everybody most of the time. And then we were shooting that scene with Becca at the end of the sun was directly in our eyes, those of us on that side, and so they were like those things that were like, get me off of this field. Yeah, but we got to spend the day with them and Becca and Billy and Laura. So it was so we.
Speaker 1: Meet Billy and Laura and they're on the cheerios currently and Kitty now is mad because and I love that she brings this up or that it was written this way of like why would I join the glee club or get anybody to join it? When you guys treated us that way after we left, it was like they just got ditched and it was like slightly I mean on the nose of like yeah, no, of course, like see you later, but there they were. Becca was back. It was good to see her. Kittie's back in a different way again.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of good reference to that. I think Yeah, the writer's doing a really good job so far this season. I think it's the end of last season of like checking those things, like and making sure we're calling ourselves out, like the characters bad behaviors and all these things, which we did a lot in the beginning of the series. I think we like didn't do that as much and then in the middle, but I really love that it's come back in full force.
Speaker 1: So Madison and Mason ask if they can audition together, which I love their like quirky little like duo. It's so funny. They're my favorite.
Speaker 2: Are they there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I really like them. I think they're like at the end of the episode when they're like nottitute our onn horn Tute.
Speaker 2: Their chemistry is so.
Speaker 1: Good, really good. I think they were friends before. I think they knew each other, or maybe they just like bonded because like like Noah said, like they just you know what I mean, they had each other. But it was really great. We've also got the Roderick thing happening where Rachel hears his voice like a handful of times leading up to us actually finding him. But she's enlisted the the Alums to help find Cleeve Club members obviously we try to woo them with our musical talents. But we go and we chase Roderick. Do you remember shooting that too? Like these are so clear in my mind. Yes, she did, looking at the air bench of like where his voice was, and then running into the library and we found him, and I remember thinking, like, this poor kid is brand new. I remember them telling you us like he's pretty new at everything, like and we're all just like all the ogs are just like hovering over him. But he was so sweet and so good.
Speaker 2: It's so sweet and that he it comes through like he's perfectly cast. Yeah, written perfectly for him.
Speaker 1: Also, was that a new library?
Speaker 2: Yes? I was just about to say. The reason I remember so much, like I have so many of these memories for this is because it all felt so new, right, and like the library might have actually just been completely new.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: I think it was too, and so that's why I like even having our chairs like in the kitchen of the cafeteria was different, complete library.
Speaker 1: And they were like, we're not going to build the library back, so like let's just shoot it all location, you know, do you know what I mean? They're not think you're right, sad at season six, like the end.
Speaker 2: I think I think he might be I think.
Speaker 1: It was burned.
Speaker 2: I think might be right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think we shot it at the end of like the Aha number, like after that we were all.
Speaker 2: There, m hm, Okay, that makes sense. Yeah, I think that's making look at this memory so.
Speaker 1: Weird because I mean, the rest of the series, we know, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: Anything, but this was a significant time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. It was so roder singing we get him to audish and when we come front him to audition. Really also when Rachel scares him away.
Speaker 2: I like Rachel just going back to her. You know, when you go for the holidays or something on your parents and you become a teenager again. It was Rachel back at McKinley, going into her crazy Rachel barrymode. And I've learned I am now the instructor of this glee club, Yes, which I did enjoy.
Speaker 1: Yes for sure. Before we get into a rotter number and mustin Sally, can we talk about Puck, Quin, Tina and Sam and Mercedes going to get the conservatives at the tea party.
Speaker 2: It's also a very good demonstration of where we've come politically. The Tea Party was a hot thing for a second and then it just became mega right, like this was the foundational texts.
Speaker 1: Yeah for Mecca, God help us. Tina is like and literally I was gonna like take a video ta, I mean, like what is wrong? Because I was like current what is wrong with America? Jess Oh very funny? Uh okay. For some reason, though, that scene I thought was a scene that we shot while we were in the episode that I do with Diana and Lauren Potter.
Speaker 2: We might have been shooting some of these things like.
Speaker 1: Dually because it feels now that's when my memory goes, and I like thought that was something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the next episode, I think maybe. Yeah, I think there was a lot of that going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, They're like get everybody, well they can, yes.
Speaker 2: It's all available.
Speaker 1: We weren't even uncontracted, so they had to get us in when we could get in.
Speaker 2: Yep. There's two moments in this episode that I really loved, and I think the first one is my first well okay, the first one's in that conservative club where the guy's preaching about how he hates homosexuals and everything else and then Mercedes just gives it to him. Yeah, and then for the Warblers, when the Warblers are protesting having Jane audition, right, they're like, well, the sexual tension might be weird, and Blaine's like, well, aren't most of you guys gay And they're like no, it's like to all of you have girlfriends. They're like yes. He's like, oh okay, sort of feels similar and like those happening in both schools.
Speaker 1: Yes, for sure, yes, yes, we'll get there. Yeah, sorry, no, it's fine. So Roderick does come to audition. I also remember sitting up in that the rafters for that. That was fun. And the on Holy Trinity. Do you remember listening to him saying that for the first.
Speaker 2: Time absulutely it was like insanity. That's also how I feel watching Samantha Ware Yep, where obviously we weren't there for that and watching this episode and we'll get to that, but watching Noah Yep, we were all like, oh, oh, that's what we were all supposed to be doing. The males I go because the women on the show have always been so strong, like so not even close to the guys, and he showed up. I was like, I was like, all right, my good Well, it's like it's in good hands. It's like it should be, like when Kurt revealed Kurt and Rachel reveal at the end, like this is the new and improved glee Club. That's how it should be. And it does sort of sort of feel like that the beginnings of that.
Speaker 1: I mean, you guys are you don't cut yourselves short, because you guys are very talented on your own ways.
Speaker 2: It's just that we had like I think we're all great.
Speaker 1: Vocalists, ye vocally like the women like.
Speaker 2: Zomb Yeah, Powerhouse, Go Go No.
Speaker 1: I mean I could listen to his voice all day long on anything. He could literally sing me, like a cookbook or the ab season. I'd be happy.
Speaker 2: And Rachel also is like I like her as a coach, as a teacher. She had the little moment in the beginning with him, but by the time he's auditioning, she goes to complete other direction, like where the headphones do. It's really it's really fun to.
Speaker 1: Her in an element that we haven't seen her before, but yet like we knew she would be good at you know, yes yeah. And we also see Madison and uh uh Mason audition during home technically, so they have all auditioned, and now, well, let's talk about Jane.
Speaker 2: So Jane shows up at at Dalton and Blaine is sort of feeling himself like this is going great and where I'm supposed to be YadA, YadA, YadA, And then she shows up and throws a wrench in sort of his plan, and she's like, I want to audition for the glee club, I mean for the Warblers, and he's resistant. He's hesitant at first, and brings it up at that dinner with Shu and kurtin Rachel and they're all like, don't be an idiot history and he changes pretty quickly and sees it, and then you have that you know, he brings it to the Warblers. They have that debate about it where they're all not gay.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 2: They decide to let her audition.
Speaker 1: Which is also like crazy. They're like with the talent decide and you're like gross, you guys grow.
Speaker 2: Well, and she calls it out, which I think is great. That's also refreshing. There's something about it feels more like gen Zers coming in, even though it's only been one school year. Different. It feels like a new generation where they call things out. You have like postmodern gay on the show who's about to be the villain, and that all feels refreshing and very different, Like the show started with culture being one way, and because the show is on the air, we've now sort of like raised this other generation and then new kids coming on the show are written in a way to sort of display that teach us Yeah, which I really I really enjoy. But Jane eventually changes her mind and decides to audition with tightrope after having a one on one with Rachel who helps her figure out, you know, what she's going to do to audition, And that was a nice moment, like woman to woman because Rachel hasn't always been a girl's girl, but as.
Speaker 1: The teacher, I think she's taking on this new position of leadership where this is when you know they're still playing nice too, where she's like helping her audition for a different glee club that's going to be a competitor. Yeah, she never was like a good girl's girl. She didn't always know how to connect that way, or other girls didn't know how to take her, do you know what I mean? Yeah, Yeah, but yeah, that was a nice moment for them, and she's like helping her kind of figure out what's in her music playlist versus like what she should be singing.
Speaker 2: And she does tightrope, taking somebody's phone and going through it. I was like, oh god, yeah, we don't do that.
Speaker 1: We don't do no. It's like when you share your screen on Zoom, You're like, yes, yeah, anyway she does. So, so Jane performs tyrope. Wow.
Speaker 2: I remember the rehearsal. So we were rehearsing for something else, resumably take on me, but I remember Brooke and Zach talking about the tyrope. I was like, oh, yeah, I know this. I love this, And so I remember like doing it with them because they were still working out the dance for it and we were talking about it. And that number was great though, and she sounds so good. She really really loved it. I want the twins to have their own like breakout moment, like yeah, they've gotten having this episode. But she's great. And then the Warblers are just you know, men are gonna men, Men are gonna men.
Speaker 1: And even though and then and Blaine goes out of his way and he's like, look, I'm gonna, you know, say that, I'll quit and I'll leave and I'll put myself on the line for you. What we don't know is that we find out later. Obviously you mentioned Rachel. She's gonna go to rachel And says her parents, so she can transfer wherever she wants. And she doesn't want to join a group of like boys that won't like don't want her there, that she'll be like fighting for solo all the time anyway, which is kind of true.
Speaker 2: Completely fair, like when you know, when you know they don't want you, do you have to be exactly.
Speaker 1: So Jane AND's the friendly competition by joining McKinley, and so she is now part of the glee club. So it's her Roderick to start. And then we obviously get Madison and Me soon.
Speaker 2: And speaking of Jane, Sue has her. She's back to her old ways. I don't think she ever stopped. She's trying to figure out how now to dismantle the glee club again because legally, through the school district, she can't do anything. They're independently funded, like everything is by the book, right, And so she decides to recruit postmodern gay Spencer's being recruited won by the glee club. He has a great scene with Kurt and Kurt's like, I have a modern family to think, which I also thought was that's probably my favorite lie in the entire episode, A little meta meta. It's incredible, and you know all of his points about like I am not like you. We don't like the same things, so the only thing we have in common is that we're both gay, Like that is it? Why do they send you to recruit me? And then sus Sylvester calls him in and is like, sees the evil potential in him? And I like this because Sue's not homophobic, She's just evil all around to everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, equal opportunity for everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and tries to talk him into it and enticing him with a Tom Brady fleshlight and he doesn't like it, and he's like, do better, and she respects that. And I think Marshall is doing a really good job going up against Chaine Lynch. That is not an easy gig.
Speaker 1: It's not an easy gig. I like it to shape with Marinkay. I like this. I like this a lot. I I like Spencer too, Like, I like this is not so easy, you know what I mean? She has sides of it, like obviously the club wants him obviously Jane. You know, Sue Sylvester wants to recruit it, but I really like this. It's not so and of course we're going to get him, but it's okay.
Speaker 2: It's a good it's a great little setup. Yeah yeah, and we haven't seen it's always been like female cheerios with Sue and like the right, yeah, put a put a gay in there. If you really want to scheme?
Speaker 1: Can we talk about Becky's.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy she's there.
Speaker 1: He too. It's not the same without her, and the xylophone's back, which is like the grease thing, and she's doing the she's in charge, she's bringing her taser. She's gonna drop anyone.
Speaker 2: Who's like her and Jane are so good together and she like and four and she rips the thing out of her hands. It's like they're just so good together.
Speaker 1: So good and uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I mean a lot happened. That's like they did a lot in a short amount of time, and it feels it felt well paced. I just I think what everybody is saying about these new characters in this season, I see it what I so, I'm excited about it because the setup feels pretty good. What I don't love, on like a technical standpoint, is like how the show sort of looks. It looks like very bright, Like we went from shooting sort of it was dark and on film the first two seasons looked really cool. Yeah, and now just I think it looks a little.
Speaker 1: Right, okaed Yeah, you know, the more I think we've talked about, like the more I talk about it, and like the more we dive into it, I'm like, Okay, it wasn't so bad. And I don't think this episode was bad by any means. I really enjoyed a lot of it. They were just moments that I was like, we could have moved a little bit faster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially I mean our show moves fast, so you do notice that like when it doesn't you're used to a certain pace.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, totally. Maybe I'm just like adjusting to the like new norm of Glee where it's like not as many people, but don't worry, it'll come back. Uh Okay, Well that's pretty much the episode in a nutshell.
Speaker 2: I want to know what you guys listening, what you guys think of this episode, yeah, and the interest especially to last time this happened, or what.
Speaker 1: You thought about these guys pre watching the whole season six? You know what I mean? What would be initial thoughts? Can you know compared to at the end. Let's write some performances.
Speaker 2: Okay, take on me. I'll give it an AIM minus tightrope A plus yeah, probably problem a.
Speaker 1: A US think Sally A plus A.
Speaker 2: Plus home A minus minus. Yeah, I mean budget. We had fireworks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I was around for that part.
Speaker 2: We were, we were, We're in the shot.
Speaker 1: This is fair. It's funny because I remember something, but I don't remember everything.
Speaker 2: That's why I was like, wait, you and I are in the very back, very behind us.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's very very late at night.
Speaker 2: It was, and I think you and I were probably just like sleepy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally okay, uh a, Tarti takes some cringe. Okay, well obviously the tea party Patriot Club. It's very cringing. And it's actually the cringiest thing is that it's so relevant still, yeah, more relevant than ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gross, Artie wasn't great this episode. Drawing Quinn's boobs like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were drawing Quinn's boobs right, It was like, whoa, that is like past the line, like you always like toe the line is already, but like this one passed that one.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh yeah it was. It was very strange. Yeah yeah, calling sugar hot like it was just not well, sugar is hot.
Speaker 1: I don't think that was cringe as much as I think, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a pattern of behavior that is not acceptable.
Speaker 1: Already agree, yes, best dance move problem I oh right problem?
Speaker 2: Oh tightropepe too. I'm going to say problem, there's cheerios. I miss a cheerio on that long beach.
Speaker 1: Remember, yes, exactly. Best song.
Speaker 2: I mean like I lost Sally.
Speaker 1: But I think most thing Seally wins. Agreed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I also really loved home, Like what a great song for that. They nailed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I liked it. Okay, Uh performance by prop.
Speaker 2: That frame that we carried around.
Speaker 1: Also the golf cart, you know, so behind the scenes moment, uh leah, that golf cart, Like do you remember the golf carts? The user drive us all over the place on in those on the paramount lot. If you step on the gas too hard, it's a very jerky step like it it accelerates really fast. And they did one take where they started moving the golf cart and Leah fell off the golf cart, like off the back completely. Yep, she was fine, by the way, Yeah, okay, best line.
Speaker 2: There were a lot of really good lines. I think that one for me about from Spencer about my family his whole like monologue during that scene. Also, it was very very good, very good.
Speaker 1: I also liked the to your journal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that's sorry I found it. Look, you're naive if you don't think you're standing on our shoulders. Okay, you owe the Glee Club, please, I owe Modern Family.
Speaker 1: Brittany saying if you want to get Blaine back, first you promised him you're gonna burn all your clothing until you're gonna start asking like a normal person. And then I think you should really start getting honest with him about following your life's the ambition, which is becoming America's top Barbara push impersonator. And then also when Brittany says that's Quinn.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, liar. Also when Sam says Quinn had sex with the Latina lesbian and they run out, and that's fully Diana just cackling like that's not Quinn laughing, that's Diana performance MVP.
Speaker 1: I think it was really good in this episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also think honorable mention to the to the newbies.
Speaker 2: I think I'm just going to say the newbies, okay.
Speaker 1: Great, we love that.
Speaker 2: I think they really are.
Speaker 1: Both are important.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they held their own you know, not easy. No, maybe we're just not intimidating. Maybe that's what it is. Okay, should we found on TikTok Jenna. I don't know if you know how much I love Legos, but I do. And this combines my love of Legos and mine and the people's love of Run Joey Run and Lego Gleek, which I cannot believe exists. Did a full reenactment.
Speaker 1: I'm laughing, but you can't hear it because I have no voice.
Speaker 2: But they built McKinley and recreated the music video and Lego form.
Speaker 1: This is so funny, this account. It's hilarious.
Speaker 2: So the comments are so good. Babe, wake up, Lego Run Joy run to this drop. This should be a exam or something.
Speaker 1: Funny. Stop the violence they do when they with the Quinn and Santa. Yes, oh my god, this is really good.
Speaker 2: Is that unbelievable?
Speaker 1: Oh? I love it?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. They have to blame it on the alcohol. Hold on the girt's wearing a cape.
Speaker 1: I yeah, this is so funny. Mm hmmm, I'm dead wow, And of course ran. Honestly, this is the best version of Reno I run.
Speaker 2: Oh, so we found one that you like, I like it, or that you don't hate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: That is beautiful work.
Speaker 1: That is really good, really really wow.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: People are so talented and have so much time on their hands. I mean, god, that's not it. That's not even a drag. I mean I have so much time on my hands. I don't do anything with it.
Speaker 1: Exactly, it's like productive. Well, thanks for coming along for this ride. Rye had zero voice and where Kevin is completely jet lagged, but managed to hold hold himself up the whole time. This was part two of season the season six opener, and we're off to the races on season six. Let's do this.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for next episode. You know that Carol King episode we didn't know existent.
Speaker 1: I can't with that. We're just we're insane.
Speaker 2: Go do your throat coat tea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not gonna speak for the rest of the day.
Speaker 2: Perfect. How does that work with two little kids?
Speaker 1: That's the best thing ever. Mommy can't talk. I know. I said to her today, mommy lost her voice. Last night, I said, mommy lost her voice. She has to go to sleep now. And this morning she said, mommy's voice came back. I said, kind She said, where did mommy's voice go? It's gone.
Speaker 2: It's so cute now.
Speaker 1: I know. It's like it's like pure pan shadow or something. Anyway, there's a children's book in that Mommy lost her voice. Yeah, like a Little Mermaid versus a ticket. Come on, okay, anyway, all right, thanks for joining us, you guys.
Speaker 2: And that's what you really missed. Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.