Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This He's Talking Cowboys, springing live from the Dallas Cowboys World Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: Streaks six second Pascot Tison touchdown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Nick Harris, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeoman's.
Speaker 1: It's a say it with your chest for Friday.
Speaker 4: Here on Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco and the SWBC Studios.
Speaker 1: Why an't you with your chests?
Speaker 5: What happened?
Speaker 1: Nick Harris? What's the matter? What's going on? Dude?
Speaker 5: You look blue today?
Speaker 6: Yeah, won't be for long.
Speaker 1: Won't be for long. He's gonna be red hot. Yeah, we'll be red hot. There's gonna be changing.
Speaker 5: Your bowl wearing a hoodie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know. It's getting shook, uh shook.
Speaker 4: There's a saying in our Talking Cowboys group message whenever one of us is running behind or they're gonna they're gonna kind.
Speaker 1: Of go right up right up to the to the start of the show.
Speaker 4: We're the first show of the day, so we start our day in the podcast studio.
Speaker 1: Of course we'll take some notes beforehand, YadA, YadA, YadA. But here's the thing are.
Speaker 4: Saying is always coming in hot. So that's just always been the thing since Rob Phillips, Heck Maharrison, Patrick, Nosey Walker, I mean, Isaiah, myself, Josh, John, Nick, if anybody's running behind, that's what we would send. Yes, we'd send coming in hot today. None of us were late, Nope, but all of us were coming in hot, especially.
Speaker 6: Minister Nick here, mister yep, they missed.
Speaker 4: It is Hot Sauce Bet payoff day for Nick Harris. We're gonna do it around nine to twenty. We will talk football.
Speaker 1: Don't worry for all of you is that that are worried about talking football.
Speaker 4: We're gonna talk a little football, but then we're gonna have the Hot Sauce Bet third hottest hot sauce in America. Seven million on the Scoville scale, Yeah, seven million. Were What were the wings that you had on on Wednesday at Wingstock?
Speaker 6: I don't know what like the Scoville scale.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I was gonna look up, But what was your flavor? Whatever?
Speaker 6: I think it's the atomic is that is what it is. Yeah, I feel like the Scullville scale is a little skewed.
Speaker 7: It's a little bit.
Speaker 8: I mean, yeah, they discovered the halapeno and they're like, okay, that's one hundred and then like a ghost pepper.
Speaker 7: They were like a million.
Speaker 6: Wait, there's no there's no actual for comparison. Just a normal halapeno apparently is uh is five thousand on the Scoville scale five thousand, and this is uh, this hot sauce that we're doing, is what Isaiah.
Speaker 5: It's it's up.
Speaker 6: It's elevated, seven million elevate.
Speaker 3: I mean it's like you said, it's seven fabricated numbers.
Speaker 4: The atomic the atomic flavored wings are made with hobb and arrow peppers scorching two hundred thousand to three hundred and fifty thousands Goville heat units. Uh, since they're about that about that much from there, so three hundred and fifty k and we're ramping that thing.
Speaker 1: All the way up to seven.
Speaker 5: I'm not looking.
Speaker 1: I did the Hot Ship.
Speaker 5: Challenge before, did you?
Speaker 1: I did? What was that?
Speaker 7: What was the Skullvill unit for that?
Speaker 1: I think it was two million, two million? Okay, so this is just sugh.
Speaker 6: This is just but I don't have a hot palette like that.
Speaker 7: I think it's just several million.
Speaker 5: Honestly, Nick is gonna be perfectly fine.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be just fine. Yeah, you're gonna be all right.
Speaker 6: I'll be fine, like an hour from now, I won't be fine in the moment.
Speaker 1: The guy at the store said, the guy at.
Speaker 6: The store plays the audio. Could you play the audio of the guy at the store, because that was the first time I got concerned.
Speaker 1: That's gonna sound bad, sound bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I think basically what he said was what would you asked him, what would you expect from from somebody trying this hot sauce? And they said his first word was pain, Just expect pain.
Speaker 1: But he said the first couple of minutes to be fine. You're gonna have a lot of flavor, which is exciting.
Speaker 6: I can't wait.
Speaker 7: You can do key mashes. And then yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Then that third segment to pick him saying he's gonna be dying.
Speaker 6: This is gonna be the longest news and notes segment of all time. Yeah, we're about to go forty five minutes on news and.
Speaker 1: Let's get into it. Then if we're gonna take that long to it.
Speaker 5: Do it.
Speaker 1: Let's do it news, final one of Nick Harris's life.
Speaker 6: You probably he could us. We'll start the practice report from yesterday. Uh, mostly everything was the same from Wednesday for the Dallas Cowboys, except for Tyron Smith did not practice yesterday for rest purposes. So we're okay, no worries there. I Uh, it was funny because we were at it practice and you know, I'm just doing my due diligence and like making sure everybody's there marking them off, marking them off, and of course I don't see Tyron Smith out there, so I go up to Todd Archer. I'm like, hey, you seen Tyron out here? And he's like Tyrant at practice, and I was like, good point. So yeah, I expect Tyron Smith to not be at practice that much the rest of the way. And you know, you ask anybody. Everybody's completely fine with it as long as he's healthy and ready to go on Sunday. And he's been playing really well last couple of weeks, so I'm cool with it. We're talking about practice, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think the one person that we asked that didn't like it was was Nate Newton and me, are you too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 4: I think both of you guys were adamant about the continuity.
Speaker 1: That was the biggest thing, very much so.
Speaker 3: And I will literally lean on Nate Newton's opinion on this all day long, being that he's the man in the offensive line. But I believe that continuity is very important, especially when you still have a young Tyler Smith. I don't think that Tyrone Smith should be playing as much in practice. I don't think he should have as nearly as many rapids he has had, but I still think that his presence and his inclusion in some of those periods is important.
Speaker 1: It's important.
Speaker 8: I asked if I could take a Tyron Smith day in the middle of the week, and.
Speaker 6: He didn't go well, it didn't go over well, maybe thirteen years after a couple of all pros exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you about twelve.
Speaker 5: Years from now you get as many Emmys as Kyle and you.
Speaker 6: Know, yeah, whatever, with all the respects the day to you and Nate, like y'all y'all played when y'all practice like five times a day.
Speaker 3: In fact, it's very true, it's a totally different and you know, psychology is absolutely.
Speaker 4: If you had to rate your practice schedule on the Scoville scale compared to.
Speaker 1: The practice call I came I was coming.
Speaker 3: I came in right at the tail end of the difficult era and transition into the easier er so like I was right in the midst of that transition where it was real two days, like real two day added practices, like not a lot of time off. You started at you know, you did your your p test at five, five o'clock in the morning, and you're lifting waight test six and meetings and practice early and then quick lunch and then rap up, get taped up again, go back to practice, and then wash your butt and then you're in meetings until nine thirty in bed check was at ten, Like that was our schedule, and it was just like rinse and repeat, you know.
Speaker 5: So it's a lot easier now. But you know, the game has.
Speaker 3: Changed, rules have changed, everything's changed in the league, and you know, we don't know where it might be ten years from now, but it's come along ways in ten years.
Speaker 8: Do you think players have aggressed regressed since then? Since the changing of the guard as far as what reguard? Like, are they better conditioned now? Are they performing better now?
Speaker 5: It's hard to say that training is better.
Speaker 6: That's the only difference.
Speaker 3: I mean there's a lot more emphasis on self care now, on preservation of players, and a lot more science and technology and research that's been.
Speaker 1: In Kindertown thing. Yeah, there's a lot that.
Speaker 3: Goes into you know, there's a lot like the dieticians are taking a lot more seriously now, right, They have a lot greater role on teams. Now you got the strength coaches that have a lot greater role. Now the data you talk about coach McCarthy always looking at the data, and these guys are wearing you know, when I was finishing up my career in Jacksonville, that's when we first started wearing like the trackers. You know, back in twenty thirteen, we were twelve twenty twelve, thousand and third team. We're wearing the trackers and the coaches you're seeing how fast we're running and how many miles were running for practice, and they started monitoring, you know, all those statistics. And that's when analytics started coming into it. So you talk about ten years later now, I mean that's just elevated and they they have adjusted with the times. And I can't sit up here and say that it's right or wrong. I came from a different era, But I do believe that the era that I came from, and definitely the era that Nate came from, was a lot more physical than the era that is that is now in place in terms of this NFL football. But that's a lot of that's predicated on the rules and not so much the type of players.
Speaker 8: And outside looking in, it seems like there were a lot less injuries. We're maybe not less injuries, but less games missed due to injury before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't really accepted back then.
Speaker 3: You know, like I literally tore my shoulder, my labor and you know something, I mean we have players who've torn a hill, had labor and tears and they immediately went on IR. You know, I was given an opportunity to go on IR to like, Hey, your shoulder's tour is going to suck. You know, do you want to go on I or do you want to play with it? I'm like, yeah, no, after the season, like wrap it up, figure out.
Speaker 1: A way so they would get back on the field.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like find a way to get back on the field.
Speaker 3: But that was the mentality back I can't say that that's not now because I'm not in those in those spaces of course, but it seems as if it's it's easier and it's an easier outlet for people now to kind of hang it up versus back then it was just like listen, bro, if you don't get out there and find a way, like your.
Speaker 5: Job is gone fair enough.
Speaker 1: Different era. Yeah.
Speaker 6: The Carolina Panthers also their practice report yesterday looked a little bit different than their practice report on Wednesday as compared to the Cowboys. We could start with cornerback CJ. Henderson, who was limited on Wednesday with the concussion, did not practice yesterday, So that's that would be huge if if he can't go on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Form her first round pick. Cowboys really liked him in that draft. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then Taylor Moton, the tackle for the Carolina Panthers, did not practice on Wednesday. He was upgraded to limited on Thursday. He's got a knee issue that he's he's battling. Steven Sullivan, one of their tight ends, did not practice yesterday with a shoulder injury, which is notable because of the Hayden Hurst injury. He also did not practice again yesterday as he stays in concussion protocol, so they could be down two tight ends and then snuck down way at the bottom of their practice report as if nobody would see. Is Bryce Young with a thigh injury but he was a full participant yesterday, but he was added to the injury report. I guess just something to something to keep there, something to keep in mind.
Speaker 1: I guess something keep in mind. I doubt he misses any time, and if you did, you'd get to see the red rifle Andy Dalton back up.
Speaker 8: Boy wouldn't mind seeing Andy Dalton versus this Cowboys teeth.
Speaker 1: That would be kind of cool.
Speaker 3: Talking about full start, absolutely, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 6: I feel like any Dalt would go out there and throw for like three fifty probably.
Speaker 5: I mean, he probably wants to get back.
Speaker 6: It'd be like the well career revenge game after that.
Speaker 1: Starting as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the word on the street, is it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 6: That would be cool. That'd be really cool for him. The last news and note I have, unfortunately, this is just kind of something I wanted to throw. It's not Cowboys related, but it happened late last night and or yesterday afternoon actually, and it's just it's mind boggling to me. So the Eagles they waved two players yesterday. They waved Miles Jack and they waved Bernard Williams from the reserve suspended list. Does anybody on this podcast happen to know who Bernard Williams is?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: I do, now, Okay, you go ahead, y'all don't know. Well, the last time that he played a game was in nineteen ninety five, and he was an All rookie in nineteen ninety four and got suspended for smoking weed and has been suspended since then. And the Eagles have just left him on the reserve suspended list and they finally waved him yesterday. I'm just curious how this happened. Like he's Eric Barry's uncle. Yeah, it's wild stuff. He went and play in the CFL for you know, a good amount of time. He's fifty one years old now, but he finally got waved by the Eagles.
Speaker 5: Yeah almost yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I was trying Player of the Year.
Speaker 6: I was trying to like Google and figure out like how this happened. There's not really any info. I'm just it's just it's just happens, just like he's been there. Like I was like there's no way he's been getting paid.
Speaker 1: There's no way.
Speaker 6: Possibly doubtful, highly doubtful.
Speaker 1: Just rotated, got that rotation rookie year.
Speaker 6: They're like, I know he's forty eight, but if Goodell reinstates him, we got a left tackle.
Speaker 1: There's a spot on this roster.
Speaker 3: For I was thinking about our conversation in regards to the injury report a couple of weeks back. I don't remember who we're talking about, but Cincinnati seems like they're in some some hot water.
Speaker 1: Maneah. Yeah, that was unfortunate. It's really unfortunate what happened to him.
Speaker 3: But now the pictures and the videos coming from him getting off of the bus, and it seemed like he already had some kind of brace on his hand, his throat. We're talking about Joe Burrow, the injury that he sustained to his wrist area. It seemed as if they were already aware that he was dealing with something prior to coming into that game, and then he sustained an injury, and now the ind of the fail is investigating.
Speaker 1: Very fascinating and not Jalen hurts.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's when the week west, That's right, Philly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, interesting because it was like Jalen's knee injury or whatever.
Speaker 7: But oh, he doesn't. We don't talk about that exactly.
Speaker 1: Philly doesn't. Oh yeah, we can talk about it all. We want something wrong there, buddy.
Speaker 6: That's all I got for.
Speaker 1: That's it on news and notes. That's unfortunate. All right, time for our first break. When we come back, it's time.
Speaker 4: For the hot Sauce bet pay off and key matchups break. Did you just roll on past sponsor? We got a sponsor the bills. I think we're saving it for him.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, you're not drinking the water. Okay, yeah, you can have a water. All right, we'll be right back. Tune in, have some fun. Let's get after it. On Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Todd thought it would be secure to jog and that she to Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five g. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and t five G fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 2: Five G requires compatable planing device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 11: Black Rifle Coffee Company serves premium coffee to people who love America. When you drink Black Rifle Coffee, you are directly supporting veterans, law enforcement, and first responders in your community. Black Rifles expert roasters love coffee almost as much as Texas loves football, so it makes sense that America's coffee partner with America's team.
Speaker 1: Go online at.
Speaker 11: Black Riflecoffee dot Com and fuel up with the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. That's Black Riflecoffee dot Com. To fuel up.
Speaker 1: Today, Cowboys fans.
Speaker 4: After that move, We've just coined the term rowdy replay.
Speaker 1: Let's roll back the table.
Speaker 12: Okay, there's our mascot Rowdy cheering on the boys. And now he's on his phone on his Bank of America mobile banking app, staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial assistant Erica. Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive, Cowboys, fans Just Can't Stop Banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com slash Can't Stop Banking Everica.
Speaker 4: It's only available in the English language. You must download the latest version of the mobile banking app, only available on select mobile devices. Message dat Raisy apply number FBIC.
Speaker 9: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of Doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller.
Speaker 5: Would you, Dear Doctor?
Speaker 1: My friend supported me during a tough time. But what's the right gift that says thanks for being the shoulder to cry out?
Speaker 9: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do now, just to remind her that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 1: To Talking Cowboys. Welcome into Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: This portion of the show is brought to you by Quaker Oats, a super trusted super food. Quaker Oats the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Did you get your oats in this morning?
Speaker 1: Always talk to me, I can't tell you. There's like, actually, I think there's probably a little bit.
Speaker 8: There's beef, there's a little bit of spicy, if.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 4: Kyle, go ahead, Isaiah stand Back, Josh Rodriguez, Nick Harris, Chris Beam in the back. We've got a schmortgage board of things to help Nick Harris out here. So here's the backstory. The backstory is the bet was made last week. Should Brandon Cooks go over one hundred yards receiving, Nick Harris would lose the bet. If he went under one hundred yards receiving, Isaiah Standback would lose the bet. So he went for one seventy three, second highest by any cow Boys receiver this year.
Speaker 6: I think you lost the bet, Nick Harris lost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had one and four in the first half. I got it now, Oh yeah, oh yeah. The uh.
Speaker 4: With that being said, the bet was the hot sauce that was in Isaiah's covered. It would be a hot Sauce challenge because Isaiah has talked about it before just off air China in general.
Speaker 1: And Nick's always been a spicy fan. He's always loved the spice, the ceedy lamb of spice.
Speaker 4: Lamb of spice. That's what he called himself shirt. That's impressive. With that being said, Isaiah went out and he just bought a new batch. So that way it's fresh fresh, same.
Speaker 1: Thing that leftovers.
Speaker 4: But this is sauce that has been used for chili, like entire pots of chili with one or two drops.
Speaker 6: Six gallons of chili is good for one drop of this stuff.
Speaker 1: That's unbelievable, ye chili.
Speaker 4: So the bet is you would just take a chip, a tostitos chip, dip it in there and then go from there.
Speaker 6: Text line says CD doesn't get this nervous, right, that's fun.
Speaker 5: I wanted to show that I that I you care. This is a peace offering. Okay, this is bearing gifts.
Speaker 1: A literal gift basket.
Speaker 7: This is the legendary.
Speaker 5: Little gift basket. I'm going to pass this to you. Yeah, okay, And and this is.
Speaker 1: All for you.
Speaker 6: Okay, how did you just get you just.
Speaker 5: The bottle itself?
Speaker 3: I got it a whole little little package for you.
Speaker 5: I want you to show the people what I what I gave for you.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, let's let's dive into this.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 6: We got so the sauce is called the end flat line, right, So seven million on the on the Scoville scale, which the hottest I've ever had is to So this is more than tripling.
Speaker 1: You've already had two.
Speaker 4: This is easy, this is easy on it is Derek about to shut this down.
Speaker 1: So Derek just walked up.
Speaker 5: So you have seasoning in there as well? What else do you have in the in the basket there?
Speaker 6: Well, we got a Tostitos chips because our wonderful sponsored Tostitos.
Speaker 1: Yes, they do a great job. You got the scoops too, You didn't even the messis out up and then don't say any of the other branding.
Speaker 6: Some cool some cool whip and some waver What kind of baby wipes are those?
Speaker 5: I'm not the brand, but.
Speaker 8: The gentle plus the gentle, fleushable, fleshable.
Speaker 1: Derek just standing in the corner right now. I think you can see it. You can see it in the back of Josh's screen.
Speaker 6: This is good stuff. This is great stuff. This is great stuff right here.
Speaker 5: So let's do this.
Speaker 6: So the thing is we're gonna try to get through key matchups after I uh, after you go ahead and hot matchups, dive into this hot matchups.
Speaker 1: You're gonna open up this bag of chips for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go ahead, and let's listen. Let's streamline this process.
Speaker 6: Goodness cration. So this is gonna be interesting.
Speaker 1: You don't have to like scoop it.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna okay.
Speaker 1: I was about to say, just it's gonna be okay here.
Speaker 6: Whether I was supposed to or not, I'm putting a drop on it.
Speaker 1: You put what you feel more than a drop. I mean it's seven million guys. He's gonna get the spice. It's gonna happen.
Speaker 6: There's a high chance I'm gonna have to dip out of this small bottom.
Speaker 5: Like this whipped cream, ice cream, yogurt.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, you got your milk ready?
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's ready to chicken out your napkins, got his napkins.
Speaker 5: You don't want to be sitting You don't want it. You know the oil? Right? Yeah right? Don't make sure you don't get any of that.
Speaker 7: Sanitize the set after this, don't.
Speaker 5: Get any of that.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, absolutely not. You gotta make sure you show you the camera to absolutely so.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's burning through the bottle.
Speaker 6: I could smell it already.
Speaker 1: You might just need a little bit more. I was about to say, don't, don't just gap douse it though.
Speaker 6: I'm terrified of this. There we go.
Speaker 1: There's so much suspense here.
Speaker 6: I'm being very careful about to say super careful.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is a movie. It's like movie.
Speaker 6: And all right, there we go. We gotta drop. Okay again, drop is six gallons?
Speaker 1: Maybe a little bit.
Speaker 6: Let me see drop six gallons of chili. I'm not putting more on this, Terris, before and after?
Speaker 1: All right? All right? Did you just blow through this?
Speaker 5: You people? How much is on there?
Speaker 1: Before?
Speaker 4: Okay, there's a good there's it's hard to see it. We see this the hands out of the camera, Josh, Josh, back.
Speaker 5: Up there there it's spread.
Speaker 6: Okay, we got it.
Speaker 1: That's more than a drop.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, go for it, Bud, God speed, Sir Brandon. Cooks ready, one hundred and seventy three yards work cooks, shout out to shut out, to be cooks, beat cooks, shut out to beat cooks. Here it is bang tasty, okay on a tostitos chip is in there.
Speaker 5: Let's talk some football.
Speaker 1: Key matchups, Harris, how's a good one?
Speaker 6: First matchup? Jordan Lewis versus Adam Feelings.
Speaker 1: So is it already hitting you a little bit?
Speaker 6: Jordan Lewis versus Adam Feeling. So Adam Thielan's obviously being fantastic this year, working out of the slot, working out of the wide set, seventy targets, zero dropped past this. This is going to be a really important challenge for Jordan Lewis this week. He's facing important challenges this year because much.
Speaker 1: Of the challenge what skill on the school?
Speaker 3: What would you put Adam Feeling? Is Adam Feeling like two million? He's five million?
Speaker 6: You got it?
Speaker 1: Go ahead?
Speaker 7: Adam skilled player for the Panthers doing well this year?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah?
Speaker 7: Looking good?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're not funny anymore. It was funny in the beginning for me. Now it's so funny.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, okay, So Adam Delen is a relatively good receiver on Adam Feeling.
Speaker 1: What's your second match? You know he's really good? Yeah, but what's your second match? You're good? What that's the best receiver they have? It is?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's found like a really good he's found a really good like chemistry with Bryce Young and I think Bryce Stung's done a really good job relying on his veteran receiver. And I have to give it to Adam Thielen, I really do, because he's come into the year needing a career resurgence, coming out of the last couple of years in Minnesota, and he's done a really good job with it. I'm really I'm really impressed with this, with this matchup, and it's a really important time for Jordan Lewis to be able to stay and stand tall and limit that passing game.
Speaker 1: Do you need a break? You're not good. You're good.
Speaker 6: I'm not as bad as I expected, but it's bad good.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're struggling. It's physical. You can see. It's a really good conversation.
Speaker 3: How would you compare the chemistry between Kirk Cousins and Adam Delen versus Bryce Young and Adam.
Speaker 6: That's obviously really different because Kirk Cousins and Adam Thielen had so much time together. Of course, I think they had nine seasons together, eight seasons or that's it wasn't that much, but seven eight, nine seasons together, and they did a lot of good work together. The difference I think this year in Carolina is that there's not a clear number two, and a lot of a lot of attention has been paid to Adam Deeling number two. A lot of attention has been paid to Adam Theling. So it's not like they've been able to just step right in and be this this chemistry factor for each other, you know so uh so yeah, so yeah, that's that's that's the.
Speaker 5: It's important to have a number two. It isn't really important to have number two.
Speaker 6: It's just really feeling right now, it's not that bad?
Speaker 1: So do we need another chair we want to drop on here?
Speaker 7: I mean there's you know, yeah, do you need to wash it down with anything?
Speaker 1: At the moment?
Speaker 6: I think I feel in my ears.
Speaker 1: You could feel it in your ears.
Speaker 6: I feel it in my ears.
Speaker 1: How's your sinuses?
Speaker 6: I know that was a good empty it's starting to empty.
Speaker 1: You've got plenty of naptunes?
Speaker 6: Do you'll have anything on this first matchup? Because I can go to the no yeah, second, okay, second match number two. Their best pass rusher I've been talking about it all week is Brian Burns. Whenever I saw them on the Thursday night football game last week, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Every time you say it's not that bad, it's worse.
Speaker 6: Whenever I saw those my hands are shaking where I saw Brian Burns against the Bears last week.
Speaker 5: Our boss is just walking by.
Speaker 1: Derek's got the walk in coming, He's coming in. Here's the micro phone. This is an hr viobation. What are we doing? We're unbrandloss.
Speaker 5: We have the sponsorships with us.
Speaker 6: Let me just say you are a true professional.
Speaker 1: Just try give it great, commissary.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna remember any of this right now.
Speaker 1: Hope you ready for the flight that.
Speaker 6: Was that was already for.
Speaker 1: I'm maybe they need to be ready, but I'm not. He gets put in the back of the seating chart all the ways.
Speaker 4: Derek was standing in the back of the entire time, and part of my laughter.
Speaker 5: Was just him.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know if I've ever seen Derek laugh that hard in the back.
Speaker 4: Okay, oh man, you are a trooper, you are a true and the text line is rewarding you best media event ever.
Speaker 1: Can't stop laughing. Nick, it's blowing up, and keep blowing it up.
Speaker 4: Show Harris some love on Twitter, by the way, give him a follow at Nick Harris d C.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thanks guys.
Speaker 4: Eight one, seven, two nine, zero three two nine eight is the text line, keep on rolling, you go ahead.
Speaker 6: Matchup? Is we talked about Brian Burns, right, Yeah, he did a really good job last week against the Bears.
Speaker 1: Is he available?
Speaker 6: He he lines up on either side kind of depending on the match.
Speaker 1: What was his last name?
Speaker 6: You're funny, we go on, he lines up on either side, just hitting on matchups. So we won't really know until that first drive. And I was really looking through film I was trying to find like a consistent factor, like, Okay, he will light up on the left side if it's this matchup, he'll light up on the right side, if it's this matchup. You won't know until the first snap. So Tyron Smith slash Terrn Steele versus Brian Burns, it's gonna be really important keeping him out of the backfield. I think that's that's what allows that passing him to get going.
Speaker 4: I mean, if Brian Burns is available, I can't stop laughing.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, guys, did mix it up? Yeah with with Brian Burth?
Speaker 5: Didn't right now?
Speaker 4: For everybody that can't see, yeah, uh, you outlined it a little bit on Film Room. They used him a little bit like Mikeah Parsons, he can line up early anywhere on the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 1: He's not Mikeah Parsons, Don't get me wrong. He is not Micah.
Speaker 4: But Brian Burns specifically, is somebody that they utilize in a similar fashion. Where is he different than what Dallas has seen so far this season or is it different.
Speaker 5: Than they played some really good defensive ends this year.
Speaker 3: I would put him in a category of just The one term that I would apply to him is relentless.
Speaker 5: Whenever he makes it.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's off and on, but when he's on, he's on right, and he doesn't stop like he's on fire. He gets on fire, he's yeah. So he just he's gonna pick the weakest link. And obviously if he if I have a choice to go against Terrence Stewart or Tyrann Smith, I promise you I'm not going against Tyrann.
Speaker 5: That's just not the matchup I'm going.
Speaker 6: To choose, especially given this season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly right. Tyrant's doing a good job even though he's not practicing. He doesn't need it obviously, so nice whip. But I see him being against Terrence Steel and he likes to line up in a very wide technique for those that have not watched Film Room yet.
Speaker 13: It didn't even work. You gotta point it out.
Speaker 6: You're gonna point it out. We might need to take a second.
Speaker 14: Oh goodness, I feel better right.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I'm crying because of the spies.
Speaker 13: Thanks for the gif.
Speaker 6: BA man Bro. Our third key matchup is so Ceedee Lamb. Obviously he's been on a he's been on a tear this year. Uh, three straight games of ten plus receptions and one hundred and fifty plus yards NFL record.
Speaker 5: That boy's on fire.
Speaker 6: He is on fire.
Speaker 1: NBA James, he is on fire.
Speaker 6: So he'll go up against a really talented corner in Dante Jackson. Uh, this is a guy that he's he's been their most reliable corner. He's been the most quarter.
Speaker 5: You appreciate that.
Speaker 6: Probably he's been their most consistent corner. He's only allowed twenty three receptions in three hundred and thirty eight yards here in twenty twenty three. And if you look at the rest of their secondary, that's obviously that's obviously a stark improvement compared to everybody else. So if Ceedee Lamb wants to keep it going. He's gonna have to go up against Dante Jackson. He won't see Dante Jackson on every single snap, but I think he'll see him most of the time. On Sunday, I think they're gonna kind of focus in on on ceed Lamb in that area. Remind me of the numbers how much man covers did they run so.
Speaker 1: May versus zone?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's thirty first in a league in terms of man covers. Sixteen percent man and eighty four percent zone.
Speaker 6: Okay, very cool, Yeah, very cool. So Ceedee Lamb versus Dante Jackson, that's that's our final key matchup.
Speaker 4: Do you think he can hit the one hundred and second and fifty You think he hit one hundred and fifty yards again?
Speaker 6: Yeah, certainly. I think the only issue that I think is going to get him in the way of that is Dak Prescott versus the zone. You know, and I would put that on the key matchups, but that's not necessarily like a matchup one on one. But I think Dak Dak Prescott versus the zone that's obviously going to be much more important towards Seedy Lamb being able to continue that streak.
Speaker 1: Do you think he would hit one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 5: No, I don't foresee that.
Speaker 1: Do you guys want to make a bet on it?
Speaker 6: Absolutely not.
Speaker 4: On opposites again, I would maybe throw it out.
Speaker 6: Absolutely not, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Hey, this is your chance to get Isaiah back.
Speaker 6: So mean this is I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 6: There's no do nothing in this back, none at all.
Speaker 4: Oh, so I want you to tell me, like play by play, what you're feeling right now.
Speaker 6: I'm honestly not. I'm not as bad as I expected to be.
Speaker 4: Every time you say that, it rams right back up like the saws.
Speaker 6: It's like it's like right like here, like in the bottom of my throat. I can't say anything. It's right here in the bottom of my throat, and it's like I could feel like going down into my stomach a little bit. So you asked me where I was at.
Speaker 1: I wanted to know that one We'll be right back with forward talking. Yeah.
Speaker 15: Boys, they say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipments, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 11: Are you ready to take coffee off your grocery list forever? Black Rifle Coffee Club is here to help. As a Coffee Club member, you'll get your favorite coffees roasted, packaged, and ship to your door free of charge on your preferred schedule. Set it, forget it, and never run low on coffee again. Members also get exclusive deals on coffee products and discounts from partner brands. Ease your mind and let Black Rifle worry about your coffee supply. Go to Black Back Rifle Cooffee dot com to join the coffee Club today.
Speaker 4: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Jack Black and Right now.
Speaker 4: Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus, Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 2: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available. Area a tt dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 1: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by a Black Rifle Coffee Company.
Speaker 1: I think we've we've we've settled in.
Speaker 6: I've rounded the corner.
Speaker 1: You've turned the corner. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Honestly, that's a very honorable man right there. Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: Oh man, what an effort.
Speaker 4: The eight four five says we need to bet every week. I don't know about that. I'd doesn't have to be hot sauce with something that'll be entertaining.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe we can, maybe we work into that this one.
Speaker 8: This is pretty high powered through the key matchups press commendable, it really is. It would be one thing if he didn't have any sort of notes to reference and and expound on.
Speaker 7: But man, that was impressive impression.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that, guys.
Speaker 4: Derek gets a shout out to from Howard. He says, Howard in Virginia. He says, thanks guys, and thanks for Derek for allowing.
Speaker 1: This to app.
Speaker 4: That's for twice, thanks to the definitely not happening again.
Speaker 1: When he popped down here and I saw him in the count I was.
Speaker 3: Like, oh no, he gave me the oh.
Speaker 6: The thing that went through my mind is my boss is gonna watch my single most embarrassing moment on television.
Speaker 1: Live and in person, live right here over your shoulder.
Speaker 4: Nick Eatman, who, by the way, you should call in on storylines eight eight eight, eight, five, five, two, two nine seven at ten o'clock, he just walked by and made sure you're good, checked up on you, Scott Purcell and the everybody's been in here.
Speaker 1: We had a nice little live studio audience watching as well.
Speaker 7: So I feel like your.
Speaker 5: Respect factors went through the roof frass.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I appreciate it down, no doubt whatever I'm gonna do, right, God.
Speaker 4: I'm so glad it lived up to the expectation. John scared me the other day when he was sitting here. He was saying, he's like, man, he's just gonna power through it. It's gonna be nothing. Y'all aren't gonna have anything to talk about. I'm glad it lived up to the expectation.
Speaker 1: Thanks Ma. I'm worried about your next twenty four hours something.
Speaker 6: Too, me too.
Speaker 7: I think on Monday John has to try the hot John's def John.
Speaker 1: John would quit this job.
Speaker 4: He would leave the show before he even thought about drives.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to be doing I'm not going to be having a hot time.
Speaker 1: This is not what John sounds like.
Speaker 7: No, he got the he got like the.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, man, election is perfect?
Speaker 6: Is you know what's going to be even more impressive when I go five and oh on this pick.
Speaker 4: Dude, if you go five and oh, here I would be then we have to do it every week.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then we just gotta keep it going, keep it going. He's a hot streak.
Speaker 4: If you will, Yeah, give us a call if you want to be our guest picker. Eight eight eight eight five five two two ninety seven. We were distracted obviously in the second segment. Uh, Beamer, do we have anybody on the phone line, I'm live producing here in person here any phone Beamer?
Speaker 1: Beamer Beam or he there there?
Speaker 5: Probably actually he left?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's done? Yeah, wow, did he really?
Speaker 6: This is a text coming in. This is a tweet that I sent months ago. Since Nick deserves double sauce for saying that bot Nicks is Oregon.
Speaker 5: Sam Ellenger, did you say that?
Speaker 6: I did say that like months ago, and I still stand on that.
Speaker 1: That's impressive. Like all right, Well until we hear from Chris Beam, we will we will just roll with these pick them updates. Everybody went four and two last week, not me except for Isaiah who went three and three.
Speaker 4: Uh eight eight eight eight five five two nine seven Beam or just popped in my ear, and he said that nobody is on the phone.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so there you go.
Speaker 6: H's an opportunity.
Speaker 4: Eight eight eight story up in. Storyline is gonna be great. It's gonna be great as always. But you can call in right now. Eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven.
Speaker 8: So everybody storyline guests to do the hot Sauce challenge before they call Nick. And then as they call up there experiencing what.
Speaker 1: I think, Beam would just hang up the phone. That would just be the next step.
Speaker 6: This this spice, it's coming back to me in waves and like gosh almighty, it's like every like two minutes, I get it for like thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: This is nuts, This is wild. This is Do you need more more milk and refill you here if you need to?
Speaker 5: Course of that?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 6: All right, what do you mean like I'm not gonna answer that question anymore?
Speaker 1: Okay? I forgured, he moved, not answering question.
Speaker 7: It's all in there, all right.
Speaker 4: Justin in Lubbac is our guest picker this week. Justin you're all talking cowboys. How's it going, my friend, good buddy, how are you guys?
Speaker 1: Have you been watching the whole show?
Speaker 4: Have you been watching What was your favorite moment of of the of the.
Speaker 1: Hot Sauce Challenge.
Speaker 6: That was good.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I've ever laughed so hard in this studio.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that was so funny. Yeah, I mean we've had some great times in the studio. I don't know if there's one that even gets close to that one.
Speaker 5: That was hilarious.
Speaker 15: All right, and then.
Speaker 5: We had to go to break.
Speaker 1: Oh what a what a fun episode. All right?
Speaker 4: Because Nick is being such a trooper, We're gonna let him go last on every pick him this week, so he gets to kind of set the tone at the end. All right, Steelers and Brown's our first game, Isaiah, We'll let you start things off. Steelers at the Browns. Browns of course without Deshaun Watson for the rest of the year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I am still going to go with the Browns.
Speaker 1: Mmm over the Steelers.
Speaker 5: That HP their defense man.
Speaker 8: They're good, Yeah, Josh, Browns are good, but I just don't foresee a happy ending without uh Deshaun Watson at quarterback. He's out for the year. Gotta go with the Steelers on this one. I'm gonna have to go with the Browns. I'm gonna have to go with the Browns.
Speaker 6: I do like what they've been able to do offensively, even outside of Deshaun Watson, and I think defensively they got some really good pieces. Miles Garrett. I think he's gonna getfter Kenny Piket. It'snna a low scoring game. I'm taking the Browns.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take the Steelers. Uh, justin what you got.
Speaker 4: Brown the new quarterback haven't rushing touchdown?
Speaker 1: All right? There you go. So the Browns getting it done there.
Speaker 4: Chargers on the road at the Packers at lambeau Field.
Speaker 1: Justin Herbert and Company against Jordan Love and the Packers. Josh, will let you start this one off one more time? Uh, Chargers at Packers Chargers.
Speaker 8: Yeah, simply put, I think the Charger offense is looking a lot better with Kellen Moore at at the Helm.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I gotta go with Chargers. I'm gonna take the Chargers here too. On the road.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm gonna flip it. I'm gonna go Packers at home. They need to win bad. Wow, they need really bad. Gonna not gonna get it. Were killing k more.
Speaker 1: Justin what you got Chargers, Chargers yeah, give me.
Speaker 6: The Chargers as well.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling over there? Doing good? Doing good good? This is the proof. This is the two minute loll okay, good. Raiders at the Dolphins. Dolphins at six and three, maybe looking a little human recently, justin, will let you start this one? Dolphins Dolphins the Fins.
Speaker 5: I'm rocking with the fans.
Speaker 1: Okay, no dolphin noise today.
Speaker 5: No, I'm going with too high. Every time I do a dolphin noise a day, we'll end up losing.
Speaker 7: Did you pick them against the Eagles?
Speaker 1: I think so? Yeah? He did, he did, Yeah, he did.
Speaker 5: They should have won that game.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm gonna take the Dolphins here too.
Speaker 8: Josh, Yeah, I mean we gotta go with Dolphins, right, yeah, got to got to Yeah.
Speaker 6: Dolphins thirteen and a half point favorites.
Speaker 4: Congratulations Raiders on your your big win coming up because we all picked the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: All right them. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Jets at the Bills a rematch of the week one game of course, that was won by New York. But it was the day that Aaron Rodgers got hurt. But they played the entire game without Aaron Rodgers. They will do so again here on Sunday afternoon, Justin, will let you start.
Speaker 1: This one off.
Speaker 14: Did you say it's at Buffalo.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is Buffalo, Bill. Yeah, I'm gonna take the Bills at home getting it done. I like the Jets defense, but I just don't think they have enough offensively. They need to rebound.
Speaker 8: Stephan's gonna go off. So yeah, a new offensive coordinator. I think they're they're really going to focus in on him and maybe two under on the turnovers for Josh Allen.
Speaker 7: So I'm gonna I'm going to take the Bills.
Speaker 1: Okay, one of the Jets O j E. T.
Speaker 5: I think Buffalo has too much turmoil going on internally.
Speaker 1: There's a lot going on there. Yeah, there's a lot going on.
Speaker 6: Shout out to new Bills offensive coordinator Joe Brady. He was the passing game coordinator at LSU whenever they won the national championship back in twenty nineteen. Really good dude. Treats kids the right way, always did did things the right way. So I'm rooting for him to get the win this week.
Speaker 4: All right, this is the best game of the week and it's Monday night football.
Speaker 1: It's a Super Bowl rematch.
Speaker 4: The Eagles at the Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium, Eagles, Chiefs, Isaiah.
Speaker 6: Both teams coming off of a bye as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a two weeks Oh crap, I'm Monday Night football. Say the Eagles, hmmm, this will be their super Bowl because they're not going to make the actual Super Bowl.
Speaker 7: Eagles are going to take this one.
Speaker 1: Give me the Chiefs by one hundred.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna take the Chiefs here. I think they'll be able to get healthy coming after coming out of this buy and I think they get the job done.
Speaker 1: Trusted Chiefs by ten. Ah, there you go, Chee's by ten. All right, here's our game to pick.
Speaker 4: Cowboys Panthers, a matchup against the number one overall quarterback as the Cowboys look for their first win against a top pick in the draft at quarterback.
Speaker 1: Since nineteen seventy one. Correct, Nick, Yes, absolutely, nineteen seventy one.
Speaker 4: It's spent a long time since they defeated a number one overall pick in his rookie season a quarterback.
Speaker 1: With that being said, justin, will let you start us off.
Speaker 14: Cowboys by twenty.
Speaker 1: Five, Cowboys by twenty five. Do you have a score prediction? What was that? Thirty thirty five to ten that's a good twenty five points score.
Speaker 5: That's a football score.
Speaker 1: Well done.
Speaker 4: Justin be safe out there. Appreciate you listening, Appreciate all the love. We'll talk to you again down the line. Thank you, Sorrey. You guys have a great day.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Try Nick Harris will certainly try. We'll certainly try. Josh.
Speaker 7: Thirty four to three, Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Defense gets it done. Yeah, I think they'll put up some points.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say Cowboys, and I don't think it'll be a forty burger. I think it'll be thirty eight seventeen with like a late touchdown, like it'll be thirty eight.
Speaker 1: Ten and then they'll score one. Lad.
Speaker 4: They'll be just kind of one of those very similar to what the Giants game was, but just not as many points.
Speaker 5: I got thirty seven thirteen Cowboys thirty seven thirteen.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go just ten points down, twenty seven thirteen Cowboys twins a noon kickoff. This offense has just been too hot for too long.
Speaker 4: Like cool, I think the coolest you're thinking cool thoughts exactly, Yeah, cool with.
Speaker 1: Cool, cool thoughts all the way through. But yeah, Cowboys get the do you want to do another ship before we get out of it. I'm all right.
Speaker 6: I didn't lose another bit, not the I know.
Speaker 1: Talk to that that texture on the text line. Maybe maybe a bow Knicks bet can pop up somewhere. Maybe now you add that to your cabinet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 1: There, you.
Speaker 6: Though I would.
Speaker 1: Really good.
Speaker 6: It is good flavor. I'll say that he was right, it was good flavor in the beginning.
Speaker 1: I'll try it. I mean, give me a chip real quick, kidding doing that, I've got.
Speaker 4: A bus ride for the next four and a half hours. Yeah, not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: All right. That does it for us here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: We will be back on Monday to break it down win or lose for your Dallas Cowboys kick off at noon Central Time on Sunday, the Cowboys and the Panthers. We've got Isaiah standback, Nate Newton, Barry Church on pregame live starting at eleven.
Speaker 1: It'll be a whole lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Come join us on Dallas Cowboys dot com and this week on t x A twenty one, and then we'll have the postgame coverage as well. Nick will be out in Carolina at Charlotte hopefully.
Speaker 6: Uh hopefully out in the press box bathroom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good spirits all the way through, good vibes all the way through.
Speaker 1: Such a trooper. We'll done. We'll be chilling.
Speaker 7: We'll be chilling next, guys. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Well done. He killed it. Josh Rodriguez will be are you making the trip? No back here? Okay, I'm here, Okay, got it. But either way, Josh will be covering the team as well. So there you go. Lots to look forward to throughout the week. Is a fun week. Good job, y'all. Good job everybody. I'm glad. Everybody's alive. Everybody's good everybody.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we all made it, guys, we made it.
Speaker 1: Good job everybody right, we did it.
Speaker 7: We did it for.
Speaker 4: Chris b Miaiah stand back, Josh Rodriguez, Jramachoda all week, Nick Harris, I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so long from Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: We'll see you on Monday. Go Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football club
Speaker 7: S.