Speaker 1: Now, Meredith, do you promise me you won't go to too much trouble? Oh, pishposh, there's no such thing. I foolishly agreed to throw the baby shower, but she's so particular. I suggested we do a teaky theme, but she says she can't drink my tie while pregnant. Now I don't know about other mothers, but I simply can't drink my tie while I'm pregnant. I only drink Martini's. It's better for the baby.
Speaker 2: Good morning, sweet and welcome to the No Dunks Podcast on the Athletic Network. It's Thursday, March tenth. We're here back in the Classic Factory on ge Skeets and alongside me as always tas Mellie. What's up everybody, So Tess, we got our top shot hot boy back in a bull's hat. Trey Kirby, Hey, Okayo, the international man of Mystery taking it to the max. Leellis really last, certainly not least making the magic happen. Super producer JD. Hello, there is here.
Speaker 3: We are.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the stream team, joining us live right now on YouTube. Take a second like the video. Make sure you subscribe to No Dunks on YouTube. Comment away, both in the stream team and later in the comments section. If you're watching a little bit later in the day and share the show, that's important help us get those subs up. Our next goal is one hundred thousand and don't you think I've forgot about you singing slim Dusty Dusty Slim. No. I thought we had a thing like once we hit fifty k, you're gonna sing like a weird I don't know Ozzy country song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we need Matt to come and play the guitar next on Matts, next time, next on Matty.
Speaker 5: We'll do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, start emailing your NBA questions too, No Dunks at the Athletic dot Com. Tweet out us at No Dunks, Inc.
Speaker 3: That's I n C.
Speaker 2: You can follow us on all the social media channels there on Twitter and face Book, TikTok and Instagram. Really appreciate that. Also, this is fun. Survivor returned last night Survivor forty two, episode one, two hour premiere, so we will be breaking it down in detail a little bit later today around one one thirty pm Eastern over on our No Buffs YouTube feed, and we'll have our own separate podcast feed for that on Apple, Spotify, or wherever you listen to your Survivor content. Search for No Buffs. As we break down episode one, showing you the cast there, Lee, I know, I assume you didn't watch that.
Speaker 4: No, No, I've done my one season of Survivor. That's all you need is one next pandemic. I'm backing.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, there's a there's a link in the stream. Team right now, we want to subscribe to No Buffs. That's what happened with my computer playing here. We had a little bit of a frazzled start. We didn't even remember if we adapt up each other before the show finally got going. So you didn't give your classic cell phone reminder. I did a cuter reminder and I got burned here. But you know, it's for a good cause, subscriptions.
Speaker 2: It's so funny though. Every other day I it. You know, nobody was like, I'm already. No one listens to me every day, No one cares. But I didn't say today, right, And that's what happens. All right, Let's get into a bunch of the games from last night. How many games are on last night? There's too many?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Survivor count.
Speaker 2: She's yeah, to the Wednesday's schedule. There was a lot of television being watched, at least in my household, and I'm sure you guys as well. But let's get into some of the key games. I got some questions from these. So the first one is we had the Suns dropping the Heat. They became the first team to clinch a playoff spot, Devin Booker return. That was nice for Phoenix. I thought this was a really dominant win here in Miami. But Lee, my question, just with the Suns here clinching throw the X up there on the end of Phoenix, what's impressed you most about Phoenix this year?
Speaker 4: Honestly, like, for a team to have not made the playoffs for a decade and then be two wins away from winning a championship last season, that almost never happened. So was that almost a mirage? Coming into this season and started off badly one and three, that's some off court stuff, And I was like, you know, it was Chris Paul last year. Was he going to be able to sort of get back to that level? You know, where the hell are they going to basically handle expectations? And they've ticked all the boxes. There's a real Spursy like feel, like a spurry blur feeling to this team right now because they have answered every single challenge. You know, they've dealt with all that of course stuff, and then you look at just how this team is right now. Javal McGee, you know a guy who's bounced around, he's picked up his championships, but he's come in and been really, really good. They picked up this mac Biombo. He's given them some really good minutes. Campaign was another guy kind of out of the league. He came back in they signed him to a contract. Landry Shammitt another guy who'd been on four teams in five seasons. He's one of those players like how does he keep getting traded? He seems like a good player. He's got a four year contract there. And so basically anyone who comes in produces for them. You know, when they're deep and when they're well coached. I mean, Monty Williams is from the Spurs sort of system there, so he's got that maybe that education there. And now with Chris Paul out, they start off a little bit of a bumpy bumpy start there, but now they go and get probably their most impressive win in in Miami. Now, no Jimmy Butler, but in that third they turned it up. They sort of did to Miami what Miami did does to a lot of teams. They claim, really shut them down and went down scored the other end. Devin Booker fantastic, nearly a triple double there last night. But overall, this team has basically, I mean, it still seems to be there a little bit underrated, and I don't know where they are in the championship odds right now, but how they're not second favorite at worst is incredible.
Speaker 7: They are very well coached.
Speaker 4: You're seeing guys like Cam Johnson and mcale Bridges having you know, career seasons right now when they're playing, and everything about the Suns that they do is very convincing. That defensive end is great. Offensively, they've got so many options and DeAndre Ayton, who's been you know, he's been a little bit up and down. He's still got some growth there. But they've got a legit big man out there who can score and dominate on both ends. So this is incredibly impressive what Phoenix has done. Because, as I say, for ten years, bit of a joke, you know, like a bit of a crazy franchise there. We saw them down in the bubble and they just missed out, and we thought, yeah, it's the bubble who nose last season shortened season. There is no asterisk on that season. But you can see how people can maybe say, well, let's see him do it in a real season, back to real conditions.
Speaker 7: And they're doing it all right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fifty three and thirteen was their most impressive win to date last night in Miami.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I don't know looking at their fifty three wins, but I know that it just if it feels like they're not wavering whatsoever. I think, Yes, the consistency is amazing. The team is the most impressive part. But I think another impressive part is just the flipping of the narrative of Chris Paul. It wasn't that long ago where he was anti clutch. You know, sometimes these labels are ingrained in guys, and going back to his Clippers' days, Now he is after this season, he is one of the handful of players that you'd want the ball in their hands in the last minute. And again he was anti clutch, especially with the internet the way it is for that narrative to a flipped I think is ridiculously great. I mean, when people see watch the Suns, it's you you don't want the ball in anyone else's hands in the last minute. I think that's a bit of a stretch. But the fact is he has joined a very very special bunch at the top, and I don't see why they should be one of the top two favorites. They should be the favorite as far as the as going into the playoffs five weeks from now, because they went to.
Speaker 2: The finals last year. That's the thing. If this was like, oh my god, they've been bad for a decade, it's like, wow, can they really go all the way to the finals, you know, not making the playoffs, but you're prior then sure, then you're like, okay, maybe they're not a championship favorite, but they did they would they you said it, they were up to in the finals. They should easily be the favorites here. I don't see how they couldn't be, you know, unless suddenly we find out that Chris Paul isn't returning at all. And I'm not even convinced then that they shouldn't still be the favorites.
Speaker 3: Well, spoiler alert. They're the favorites now.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, at least took a while to get there the bet MGM Arizona site. I don't know if that changes from location to location, but they are the fa faites now because they've got nine more wins than anybody else in the league.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 6: That's the most impressive thing to me is that they're so much better than every other team in the league, because there's several championship contenders out there, but the Suns have been the best and they've done it with basically all of their stars missing a nice chunk of time during the season. By the time the season's over, all of their starters except for Michale Bridges, will have missed at least ten games, and they've taken zero steps back. Like lia Is saying, they get great performances from a Byambo Kaminsky had good games when he was still playing. Campaign has really seized his opportunity. With Chris Paul going down. They're just super professional, and that is Chris Paul being a professional guy and just having the attention to detail each and every single night. It's been a little bit rocky sometimes with Chris Paul going down. They haven't had necessarily the exact same fourth quarter execution, didn't need it in this one because they just completely blew out the Heat, which is impressive. The Heat have been playing really really well lately. So Yeah, to see what the Sons are doing without the guy who they're taking all their cues from, I think is really really.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you've got to be beating them start going into the fourth quarter because they're forty and oh when leading after three quarters, they're an abysmal five hundred if they're trailing after three quarters. But yeah, they are just so solid. Chris Paul leading the way, the way he's flipped the narrative on himself, you know, in his mid thirties is pretty cool for us old guys. And I will confirm across the bed MGM sites the Suns are the favorite. Oh I'm in Jersey right now and they are the absolute favorite, So at least in two states. I shouldn't say across all states, but I will say as well, I think the simplicity of a Twitter account adding an X to a name, it's pretty cool. I like it. I like the Suns just adding X to their name because that means that they have solidified a playoff position for the first time for the first team this season. I think that's cool. I like this simplicity of a Twitter account. It's still still hanging on. It's still cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, Well, they're a dominant team, like we saw, especially defensively. Second overall defensive rating, fourth overall offensive rating, best net rating in the league. Trace said, what are they nine games clear of the next best team in the league. That is that's amazing. That's a hell of a gap when we still have what fifteen games to go? Yea to be that much up?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, what are they fifty three and thirteen thirteen? Yeah, so they only won fifty one games last year in a shortened season, so they're already up there. But yeah, this is this is great. Now again with Chris Paul, it's about saving his legs as well for the playoffs, so in some ways minor blessing in disguise that he gets some good rests. You probably don't want him out for six weeks before the playoffs, but three or four weeks is probably not bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean we talked about that when he did get injured, So do it now? Yeah, Chris Paul always gets injured in the playoffs. Do it prior to the playoffs and hopefully they can string together a couple more or another deep postseason run here and you're helped out when Yeah McGee's grabbing a million offensive rebounds. Mckill bridge's awesome game, like everybody campaign. He didn't have a monster game last night, but we talked about how he's filled in admirably, just a just a juggernaut of it. Get done on both ends, and they just go about their business, and I like, I love that they do have the sour taste still left in their mouth of losing last year. I love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, remember Booker as he was walking off the court, he was like, damn, he wanted to sort of have one last look because yeah, two games up. I mean, tas you probably got the stats there, eighty three percent of the time the team's going to win the championship.
Speaker 3: I'm sure they do.
Speaker 4: And you know, look just how close it was. Remember was that one play that big sort of block there from Jiannis that could have swung the game back in Phoenix away. So they were so close, but they didn't. You know, they've used that as fire rather than just like feeling sorry for themselves.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they used their last night. They said that he'd beat them earlier in the season. So yeah, the booker said, we're doing this, and yeah, I'm sure that's going to carry over into the playoffs and hopefully they'll see, you know, everybody's best in the Western Conference, because that was the knock against the Suns last year, right, each and every series, the Lakers had somebody injured. The Clippers obviously had somebody injured and on down the line. But yeah, they've been ridiculously so just too solid. So yeah, finally they are number one in terms of the odds. Took a long time you brought up Yannis.
Speaker 2: Let's get to what I'm calling some MVP type shit, all right, Yannis and the Bucks. They outlasted the Hawks for their sixth straight victory. We had Jokic dominating the Kings as the Nuggets win after they blew a big lead. I think Ziller pointed out in his newsletter, have the Nuggets and Kings played two hundred times since the All Star breaking feels like they're playing every second night. And then you know, got Yannis, you got the joker, Tatum dominates as the Celtics fend off the Hornets there, and he is on a tear right now, So I really guess the question is here at Trey from those three games, has has Tatum joined Yannis and Joker and a being whoever else at the table? Has he pulled up a chair.
Speaker 3: It's getting crowded in here.
Speaker 6: It's getting real crowded because Jason Tatum absolutely gets a seat. He's the guy who had early dinner plans already made, but he still wants to stop by, have a drink, have a piece of coconut cream pie, and just vibe out with his buddies. The rotating four and five spots. They have been hot this season.
Speaker 5: Good. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Curry and KD were there, though honestly they were kind of more on the one two side of things. DeRozan had a chance, Jimmy Butler made an appearance, Chris Paul and Devin Booker came by together.
Speaker 3: Not enough room for him.
Speaker 6: Jo's been there, Luca recently showed up, and now Jason Tatum, he's got to take a seat because he is on a heater since the All Star Break thirty twenty six, twenty four, thirty three thirty seven, fifty four and forty four last night on sixteen of twenty four, shooting in a very nice six of nine from three second back to back forty point games stretch of Tatum's career. He hit fifteen field goals in that fifty four point game as well, so fifteen field goals in consecutive games for the first time in his career. He's even wowing himself with some of the shots he makes. You're like, WHOA, that was a six step back. I had to ice the game here against the Hornets. The most important thing though, Celtics are six and one in those games that Tatum's spent on fire. It's his fifth forty point game of the season, which is sixth in the league. So I kind of think if you're putting Luka Doncic in the mix, you gotta put Tatum in the mix as well, because season long, their stats are pretty similar twenty eight nine and nine for Luca, twenty seven eight and four for Tatum on similar percentages. They're both making late runs for that fourth spot. I've never been more excited to see who comes in fourth in the MVP voting right now.
Speaker 3: But you're not getting higher than fourth.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately for any of these new jacks sitting down at the table, the big names keep staying there. Yokitch thirty eight, eighteen and seven, that's basically what he's averaging for the week. And Giannis just went out and put up forty three to twelve and five. Scored eighty two points in a twenty four hour span after thirty eight in the victory at Oksee earlier this week. Somehow he's third in this race, Like he doesn't feel like he can even get up to number one or two at this point, despite the fact you can make the case that he's the best player in the league. Again, he's had a better season than Joel Embiid, who's probably gonna win it at this point. So what a race? More awesome stuff last night that's just ridiculous. Like I turned on the Nuggets game after Survivor just I'm like, I want to see what's going on here. I want to see what Yoki's line is. It was the middle of the second quarter and he was at seventeen eight and four. I just started laughing. I'm like, Okay, this is good stuff. So yeah, Tatum, take a seat, but uh, you're not getting too.
Speaker 3: Far in here.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, So Tatum is sitting down though, so take a seat, buddy. So if the three bigs, the International bigs, they've been there basically all year long, embiid. Yeah, you're honest, Jokic, in whatever order you want to put them, You've got Tatum with the four seat. That means there's one more fis So who's Luca Luca? So yeah, John not there, DeRozan not there. It's tough. It's tough, but it's a small table.
Speaker 4: Chris Pole is like, I'm just gonna go out and pock the cor save my seat.
Speaker 7: And Tyson. Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 4: I mean, Chris Pole was in that compass, but you miss some time and you sort of fall away. It is incredible right now, Just how many guys because Tatum I agree with Trey that he's not going to get into that top three, but they are only two games back of the Milwaukee Bucks in second. It's not out of the realm of possibility that the Celtics do climb up there.
Speaker 7: It's number two. It could happen. I mean, maybe it will, maybe it won't.
Speaker 4: But if they get up there, then Tatum might be just sort of saying on one of those guys, just like, get over a little bit more.
Speaker 7: I'm here.
Speaker 4: Who knows, but the confidence he has got right now you mentioned the step backs. He's blowing kisses to the crowd there in Charlotte. It's awesome when a guy's just in this groove like this, where you know, this is not like it was on Sunday where he was just sort of lining guys up and saying, I'm just going to take you down. The Hornets aren't that good defensively, but Tatum is just like, there's really nothing anyone could do to stop me. I've got the threes, I'm getting inside if I want it. Anyone who's a tiny bit undersized is got virtually no chance against him. So this is an incredible run, incredible surge here from the Celtics.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would say one name that wasn't included there was Steph Curry, and I know he's overlooked because he was hot to start. As Trey said, he was leader of the clubhouse for a long time. His numbers are better than Tatums. Even though Tam scores a little bit more. Tatum had a bad start to the season. Yeah, you know he's shooting thirty four percent from three in that Luca range up, you know, below average throughout the league, and Curry's numbers are still better and his record, team's record is better. I think we're forgetting about Steph because he was he was a part of the leader at the beginning, and now we're just okay, we're done with that.
Speaker 2: But then what the problem with Steph though, or including him still is Draymond goes out and then they're like a five hundred team. So you saw the importance of Draymond.
Speaker 5: But they're still way better than the Celtics. Yeah, record, so fair fair.
Speaker 2: They started in CREDITB with her like what thirty and nine or something like that at one point. Yeah, but he's just he's not there to me. And I don't even think Tatum is as crazy as that sounds, because I think John Moran is still deserving with the Grizzlies record at what it is. And then I guess then you are flipping a coin between Luca to them and even a Derozans trying to hold on, and it comes down a little bit to the team's records when they're that close, and maybe you're right, maybe the Celtics jump all these teams have the best record in the Eastern Conference. It's sounds, you know, probably not going to catch the heat, but.
Speaker 4: Maybe probably not. But it's only four games, I know, yeah, you know that's not huge. I mean that win for the Bulls last night against the Pistons is huge in the standings.
Speaker 7: And you know they had to work for that as well.
Speaker 2: Pistons are hot, baby, Oh yes, what are they doing?
Speaker 7: What are they doing? They playing well?
Speaker 3: A loss last night? Boles had to play one quarter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, but I think it was Bobby Marks though, was tweeted last night like the Pistons last nine games or something like that. You know, they won a lot of them, even their losses were pretty close. Some good teams. Maybe the the the basketball gods will.
Speaker 5: Bless them in the draft lottery.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, hard these guys were playing here. Let's give them the number one.
Speaker 4: They give the number one pick t that'd be huge when I didn't have it for like fifty years.
Speaker 2: Caid and chet is that where they would go, CNC Music Factory in Chicago.
Speaker 3: Chicago them there.
Speaker 6: I was saying like, don't don't they measure engines by ccs A lot.
Speaker 3: At least at least on a motorcycle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think you're talking more hps.
Speaker 3: Caid chet cecs. There's something to work with there.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, of course they don't have the number one pick and haven't drafted it, Matt, But then early.
Speaker 2: Maybe we're talking into existence. Well, let's go to another team that could have a number one pick and had a good victory last night. Jaalen Green thirty two. As the Rockets down the Lakers in overtime one thirty nine to one thirty would they end up with in overtime night?
Speaker 7: Yeah, they got three taken back off.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was a lot and I was watching it going, oh my god, Oh yeah, ask the question, look good good win from the Rockets. Jill and Green's playing really nice. Is this bottom for the Lakers or can they go lower?
Speaker 5: Oh? They can go lower. I think when you said, when you said they have this, one of these teams has a number one pick, I thought you're talking about the Lakers. I mean they could, they could. Things are things are abysmal, things are very bad. They just have no identity whatsoever. I mean, it's really just rolling out the ball there. Jillen Green, who looks very very good, solid night. Twenty two points in this one, thirty two. I'm sorry thirteen of twenty one for thirty two points, he said after the game was over. When they destroyed the Lakers in overtime, he said, the game plan was to attack Mellow and put them in isolation. We were looking for the mismatch. We were trying to beat Mellow in it. We were trying to get Mellow in it and Reeves in it. I mean, it's really they could just go at anyone. Mellow was essentially playing the five. He was playing in the lane. What is this team? I mean, they could go they could go at Mellow, they could go at Monk, they could go at Lebron, they could go at Westbrook. I guess they tried to stay away from Stanley Johnson at times, but really it's Dwight Howard didn't play a minute in this game. You know, they didn't come out of camp with any sort of idea as to what this team was. And you watch them in the final minutes and it's Lebron, you know, trying to get things going and everybody kind of hanging around, and Westbrook, you know, did hit a jumper and did have a good game overall. But if you remember last year, like again, they were starting Dennis Shreuter and Contavious Caldwell Pope in the back court and they had the number one defense. I just think that they just haven't mentally got on the same page. If you if you allow the Rockets to go fifty forty ninety, as geeks say, as far as the numbers go, they shot fifty percent from the floor from three to ninety. From the free throw line last night they hit fifty two of one hundred and two shots. That just means you're not defending at all. I mean, this, this is coming down to the wire here, and they just they're just not in games and they're just not ready to defend. And you know, Russ Westbrook, as I said, solid game. Everybody wants to rip on him. He really did have a decent game, but as the game goes on, I mean, I think he gets a little gassed. He's missed a couple of key layups towards the end of the game, and he's just not part of the game plan. Like if Lebron is going to be the point guard in the last few minutes of a game and overtime Russell. Westbrook's best spot is the corner, just to spread out the floor instead of just hovering in the lane to bring another defender into the lane. And sometimes he'll go to the corner. But it's just like they don't have a set game plan. Westbrook is just not he's just not buying it. It's not he doesn't like what they are. He doesn't like what his role is. You know, they need more of a an Avery Bradley type who's on the bench most of the time and doesn't want to shoot. But if he's in the corner at the very least, at least the floor is spread for Lebron and for Anthony Davis when he comes back. So I think when Anthony Davis comes back, I don't think Westbrook will be closing games. I think it's just not a Lebron team. Lebron and Anthony Davis will come roll the ball. The other guy's just got to get the heck out of the way. And right now everybody's in each other's way. And they got destroyed by the Rockets in overtime. I mean, they couldn't defend a thing. Everything was weight open, everything in the land. Again, Mellow is the five, and you know, it's just not Mellow's thing to be defending.
Speaker 2: After the game, it was like, yeah, attack Mellow, that was the game plan. And it worked, even to the point where Mellow at one point was like body checking Jail and Green and it didn't get called for it somehow, and uh, it didn't matter anyway. They just kept attacking. I'm scoring on it.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: I mean, the thing is lebron Mellow. When these games, the longer they go on, they just look so old and so slow. The lebronze legs just don't happen. I know, had that incredible alley the other day against the Warriors, but in this game he went up, he could barely get off the ground and guy's just blocking him. He just doesn't have the power anymore. Like that in a long game, and the you know, the game waits for no one. These young guys are out there, like you know what it's like when you play pick up and there's that young kid who just like never running. That's what it's like against the Lakers right now. Jalen Green is just like, yeah, they're same, Melle. There's no way you can stay in touch with us, you know, physically athletically, you haven't got the speed anymore. He's never been a great defender. So they're like, and that's the sort of way that you kind of humiliate the old guys by saying, give me him because there's nothing he can do to stop me.
Speaker 7: So, yeah, they put.
Speaker 4: Up nineteen easy points in overtime, have three taken away from them as well.
Speaker 7: I mean, it was It's rare that you.
Speaker 4: See the double digit blowout in overtime, but this is, this is what it was.
Speaker 7: And Westbrook the same.
Speaker 4: You know, he did have a good game, you know, and you don't want people to sort of just keep on. You know, his family's feeling the pressure right now and understandably so. But this is just not a great role for him. And if you're Frank Vogel, if Lebron is your point guard, as Tats is sort of saying that you may as well put Westbrook on the bench because he can't spread the floor and Lebron, I mean, Lebron's just sort of swinging for the fences with his threes. It won last night of nine because he hasn't got that ability to just like blow past defenders anymore. So, you know, James Worthy said afterwards he thought it couldn't get lower, and it did. I think there's still some depthya.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, that is the question.
Speaker 6: You see a lot of Lakers fans saying that this isn't rock bottom, the next game is rock bottom, and then the next game after that is actually rock bottom. I saw Dave shilling big Lakers fans said this might have been his the worst Lakers loss of his lifetime.
Speaker 2: Wow, I mean Eric putting Lebron on skates wild Yeah, James Worthy.
Speaker 6: This is also this is from Bill ram Over at The Athletic More James Worthy. On the postgame show, James Worthy said, I think the Lakers are at a point now where they know they aren't going to meet those preseason title expectations. I think they realize they can't win. They don't feel like they can win. So those words were relayed to Carmelo Anthony, who said, I don't.
Speaker 3: Totally disagree with them. They're checked out many.
Speaker 2: Sort of situation.
Speaker 6: One hundred percent it is Lebron. I thought was super, super weird game in the fourth quartering over to two for ten in the fourth quarter, had a layup, He had a layup, he shot on either side. Yes, at the end of the fourth quarter. He could have shot on the left hand side, would have got a file call guaranteed it's Lebron going up against Josh Christopher. Or he could have shot the little scoopy wooptee reverse. Instead, he kicks it out to Mellow, who missed the thing, and then in overw did.
Speaker 2: You see that? Sorry to stop you. I think it was Mellow or maybe it was Westbrook. When they're walking back to the bench, you can see somebody saying. It appears to me like they're saying to Lebron.
Speaker 5: Shoot I think he had a shot there.
Speaker 3: Man like, yeah, you're a scorer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a passer.
Speaker 6: You want to be called a score. Take a layup to win the game, Ye, that was weird. Or take a shot in overtime. He took one in the first minute. He took one basically in the last minute when is over. But he was in pass mode. He was like, you've stuck me with these players who have been literally cut from every single team and picked up off the waiver wire, like every guy you mentioned was out of the league at some point. Basically, I'm just gonna pass it to them. Let's see if they can win a game. Obviously they could not. Obviously they couldn't do anything defensively, So I don't know that fourth quarter and overtime from Lebron. I was just like, how can you how can you watch this happening to your team?
Speaker 3: How can you.
Speaker 6: Watch the Rockets run it down your throat every single time then just come up and dish it out to the wing, to dish it to Westbrook to miss the shot?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had a nice he washed down lay up inside and he watched it like it was a bad miss, and you like you could see Lebron's body like totally.
Speaker 4: But that's been happening a lot. Yeah, and you know he's just like, oh my god, I have to do everything. But he also doesn't track back, so then the Rockets just pounded down the right right. Yeah, it's a it's a disaster, absolute disaster, and.
Speaker 2: It's a disaster. You can get worse.
Speaker 4: You're saying, yeah, Anthony isn't gonna like all of a sudden turn this team around. Where the Suns or the Jazz or the Grizzlies, Like, how do we stop this team? I don't see it all, whether they're full strength or not. There's no chance I get out of that first round just quickly.
Speaker 2: As for the Rockets, Jayalen Green, I saw you tweeting about he is fun to watch and he is have a nice little string here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's He's the Anthony Edward this YEP season where he was so underwhelming in the first half of the season that his second half, when the team is completely out of things, you're not really paying attention. But man, the athleticism was incredible last night, and he had like actually harnessed it just like running around like a crazy guy. He was like using his speed to take up space to get into defender's bodies, and then when he was wide open, it was money because he'd already gotten into such a good rhythm. He was great, And I thought Shangoon was really good as well. I think he had a career high twenty.
Speaker 3: One last night.
Speaker 6: No fear like he was going at Lebron or Mellow every single time. You know, these are NBA legends. Lebron got the best of him sometimes, but Shangoon got the best of him as well earlier in the game. So I thought seeing Green and Goon falling out together against the team like that was really nice.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that'll stick. But you know, G and G Music Factory, that's not a thing.
Speaker 2: Could be anything, could be a thing.
Speaker 3: We gotta keep saying green and goon, Green and gooon.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. Well, we had some weird losses last night. We had Randall and the Knicks winning again in Dallas, blowing out the MAVs one o seven to seventy seven. And then we had Cole Anthony and Gary Harris leading the Magic to a one eight one oh two win over the Pelicans. No brandon Ingram in that game, and there's been an update he's going to be reevaluated in seven to ten days. Not good for them and their chances to try and get into that play or stay in that play in But what was the more surprising loss from those two tray Was it the MAVs losing again to the Knicks, or was it the Pelicans losing to a Magic team that's obviously not that great.
Speaker 6: Most surprisings gotta be the MAVs just because they've been one of the better teams in the league for the past couple of months, where the nexts have obviously been the opposite. But like you're saying, apparently the next just half the Mavericks number in Dallas. Nonetheless, this was a beat down, one of those games where first half leads are very very real. Knicks held the MAVs to seventeen points in each of the first two quarters, took a twenty seven point lead into the half. The big stat in this one. In the first half, the MAVs missed their first nineteen three pointers, finished one for twenty one from three in the first half. Todd Gibson, though one for one from three in the first half of that one. Dallas never made a run in the second half because they couldn't hit threes six of forty four on the night thirteen point six percent. That's what happens sometimes if you're a three point shooting team. Sometimes you're the good Burtons and sometimes you're the bad Burtons. Last night, all of the MAVs were Burtons. But shout out to the Knicks, just hilariously playing their best basketball of the season when they're almost completely out of things, but just now a little bit of hope for some bing bongs here.
Speaker 3: As for the Pelicans, the loss looks bad, but you mentioned it.
Speaker 6: The skates can't be that surprising when there's no brandon Ingram in the line. I've got this tweet from Burdensome four to one seven, who says the Pells are two and fourteen without Ingram twenty five and twenty five when he plays.
Speaker 3: Don't fail me again. I need it on the show the Pelicans fans talk about Ingram or else.
Speaker 6: Bad news though for the Pelicans. Brandon Ingram underwent an MRI yesterday mids a mild strain of his right handstring will be reevaluated in seventy ten days. Great win for the Magic, but it's tough for the Pelicans to win when they don't have brandon Ingram. They're probably fine. They're probably still going to be a playing team. So as long as he's back to beat the Lakers in that play in game, they should be fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're probably okay because the Blazers have lost six straight games by one hundred and ninety four combined points, though they're just one game out of the playoff. Zach Loow sharing that with everyone this morning. Nine points. So yeah, Pelicans, by Defaulty're probably gonna hold on to it. But that sucks the brandon Ingram. But same question that I asked, Trey, what would you say was the more disappointing or surprising?
Speaker 4: Definitely the Mavericks getting punked at home by the Knicks, and the Knicks fans weren't safe or weren't happy until that final buzzer worldwide. While tweeting last night, he tweeted this out at halftime when the score is a twenty seven point lead to the Knicks, the Knicks hold on. God pays you ten thousand dollars in cash. The Knicks lose, God painfully incinerate you. Immediately following the buzzer, are you playing ten thousand dollars?
Speaker 7: Like that's not that much.
Speaker 4: That just shows like he's he's not that confident. And then he also tweeted the Nicks bingo, bingo.
Speaker 7: How do they lose at this time? Which is hilarious.
Speaker 2: So they didn't.
Speaker 7: They didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the Hawks lost and the Wizards lost last night, so they gained a game on all those.
Speaker 5: Alive.
Speaker 4: Let's go Yeah, so just crazy. I mean, if Doncic is on the floor, like the map should be favored, especially against the Knicks. So they put up less than twenty points in three quarters, which is just unheard off in the NBA today.
Speaker 2: That's true. Anything to add to those surprising results.
Speaker 5: It's great to give Brandon Ingram some love. What a wonderful player. He's awesome. He is there a centerpiece really of that team. So that's that. That that at Burdensome four one seven.
Speaker 3: Well, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 5: Wow, I can't believe I remembered that Twitter handle. That is great.
Speaker 7: He is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's their centerpiece. But they're not going to fall out of the Western Conference playoff picture because the Blazers are literally playing nobody. You know, Simon's winslow, those guys are sitting. It's a fun roster to look at all those strange names you've never seen before, even as NBA keeks. Yeah, I love a Watford in my life.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 2: Well the Jazz dominated the Blazers for their eighth straight home victory. We had DeRozan big fourth quarter to help the Bulls snap the losing streak. Anything you want to add to that. They needed that one and that.
Speaker 3: Was a must win game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and put up a fight there for a couple of quarters, for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah they did.
Speaker 6: They were good through the first three quarters and then red ass Tristan Thompson got into the Bulls, and I think you can kind of see the way things went with Cad Cunningham's game twenty two points, six assists in the first three quarters, zero and zero in the fourth quarter. The Bulls finally focused and probably played their best defensive quarter since the All Star Break.
Speaker 3: I would say, and the like you said.
Speaker 6: Derozean was great, scored or assisted on the Bulls first eight in the final period, they pulled him out, got a quick supset. I would play forty eight minutes if I needed to. He almost needed to against the Detroit Pistons. But DeRozan and Levine scored seventeen of the Bulls last nineteen in the last six minutes.
Speaker 7: Good stuff.
Speaker 2: Close it out there. Clippers rallied past the Wizards. A tough loss for Washington here as they're trying to get into the playing tournament. I think, at least in the Eastern Conference. One nine for the Clips. Van Vliet and the Raptors delayed Greg Popovic's record, you know, win over the Spurs. They also helped me out. This morning, there was a million games on. There was a Survivor premiere which was two hours long. I didn't have time to make a thumbnail with Greg Popovich's face on a thumb. It was gonna take too much time. So thank you to the Raptors for forgetting it done. A lot of people tweeting last night task as a Raptors fan, just nice to have an adult back on the team in Van Vliet who returned to the Raptors lineup. Just just a steady Fred for a reason, man, Just that makes that team so much better. So he helped out there. And then finally here Beasley sets a te Wolves three point mark in the one thirty two one oh two win over OKC Malite. Beasley eleven for seventeen from deep to break teammate Anthony Edward words team record of ten that he said just in December. Yeah, and Beasley is uh, I mean, this guy has hit a lot of threes this year. He actually has Minnesota single season three point record. He did it on Saturday. He beat Quick Trivia, who had the record for most threes made by a Timberwolves player in one season.
Speaker 4: Sam Cassell, Nope, you don't need to go well No.
Speaker 2: One hundred and ninety May three's but Beasley's got it now and he's just adding to it. And the Wolves are on six game win streak, their longest since two thousand and four. Yeah, a long long.
Speaker 5: Time people are for the Wolves. Are they as good as two thousand and four? I will say literally literally, that's what people are saying. They were a fifty eight win team. No, no, not Yeah, they were a fifty eight win team in two thousand and four, a number one seed. They went to the conference finals because they had KG and they had that Sam Cassel that was that team that went to the conference finals. Coude have easily gone to the files. They are not that good, right, right? Right? Come on.
Speaker 2: Also, during this win streak, they've beaten OKC twice and the Blazers twice. But they are playing great and they're hammering them.
Speaker 4: I mean they're kicking the spot out and they're having a party at the end of the bench there. Because Beasley was going for Klay's record, he had ten with about seven minutes to go. Yeah, and I were trying to get him for you know, get him going, but he could he have to hit one more from there, but yeah, then they took him out played But it was pretty wild stuff there. But again, anything honestly any wins for the Wolves right now are great because they've got to just solidify their spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The problem for the Wolves is that they've been playing really well, but unfortunately they're chasing Dallas and Denver, who were also playing really well. So they've been stuck in seven for such a long time. But a really great season. Somebody tweeted us recently that Timberwolves read it apparently does this like Warren zevon wear Wolves of London video where they're adding all kinds of crazy stuff to it. So I will make this pledge to you if the Minnesota Timberwolves go to the conference finals like they did in two thousand and four, I will sing and play Warren Zevon's wear Wolves of London on guitar here in the class.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 6: Conference finals, Conference finals, all right, don't have to win it, just got to play a game if they make it.
Speaker 2: You like that song.
Speaker 7: I like the song.
Speaker 4: I just don't think we're gonna get at that.
Speaker 3: Semi finals first round, all right? All right, alright, that's fair.
Speaker 2: They're going to be a lower seed. It could be a tough team, but it's like they could too, you know for sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think second round is a ceiling max. Okay, anyway, we'll see.
Speaker 2: All right, any other notes on any of the games from last night, there were a million of them. Anything else you want to touch on, gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen. All let's take a break, because we got something really weird after the break. We had a bunch of strange odds that you can apparently place on tonight's Sixers nets game Net Sixers game, I guess in Philadelphia there with Ben Simmons returning, like I'm talking, very weird. Great, so we'll have some fun with that right after the break. All right, back in the Classic Factory showed us to a stream team for letting me know that Lee is rocking the Alan Iverson arm band. I didn't even see. It's just because where you're sitting with my angle on you there. But why did you decide to.
Speaker 4: Well, we're supposed to be going to the game tonight, and I was gonna wear this. I had my outfit already. I'm not done.
Speaker 2: Look, wow, the eyes on.
Speaker 7: So you know we're not going.
Speaker 3: We're not going, but you know you're going.
Speaker 7: Mentally, Yeah, I'm just wearing the outfit that i'd.
Speaker 2: Be now, well you continue to wear that, like while you watch the game today, probably maybe a photo photo watch it.
Speaker 7: We'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just big arm band.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: I got this in New York City two thousand and two when I picked up my first pair of ibisins.
Speaker 7: These are the ones I wore.
Speaker 4: I remember at the tennis I was telling you about, Yeah, and I remember. The only the only thing is it's lost a bit of its elasticity a head. Yeah, it's a little bit loose now. But you know what, I tried to look into boing you on. He's impossible to get.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, you can probably got a pretty penny for that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah there, yeah you could.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna sell it because it's a souvenir, but it's great, excellent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is like it's almost like a Survivor buff Now it's so strict exactly, we're around your neck.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Philadelphia seventy six Ers and the Brooklyn Nets square off tonight for the first time since the Blockbuster trade, involving James Harden and Ben Simmons. Now four of the five players Harden, millsap Seth Curry, Andre Drummond. They are in line to play in Philly tonight, but Ben Simmons he will be relegated to a cheer leading role on the Brooklyn bench. And we have a bunch of hilarious like odds, and I guess you can legit bet on that. I want to throw at you guys. But the first one I did see this task and I was thinking of you, head coach, Doc Rivers. He said he believes that the Sixers, Oh Ben Simmons tribute.
Speaker 5: Video, Damn right, they did.
Speaker 2: And you have been saying the last couple of days that you do think one is happening tonight in in Philadelphia. I'm not so sure, but I guess.
Speaker 5: Can you bet on that?
Speaker 2: I mean, you can bet on everything you should be able to. I don't have the odds on what would you set the line on that one?
Speaker 5: It's a no, like minus one hundred and fifty. I lean so okay, yes, yes plus yes.
Speaker 2: Is more unlikely. He would say yeah in regards to bending okay.
Speaker 5: I would say so yes, Okay. Well, I don't know what a tribute video entails, though, is what is what's the definition of a tribute video? Here's Ben?
Speaker 3: I mean anything the words thank you. It has to be included. Yeah, thank you, Ben.
Speaker 2: And I need to see some clips of him highlights only highlights.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what if it was just a shot of Ben's face? No, everybody, Philadelphia thank Ben Simmons's That's not.
Speaker 2: A tribute video, got it. That's just showing him on the that's just showing him on the board and saying hello to him. No, I need to see highlights, preferably set to ah, I don't know, some sort of Green Day songs and then and then you got to cut live to him and then have him way or whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it happens.
Speaker 2: The actual things that you can bet on. So this is amazing. Will Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid touch during the broadcast? Okay? Note has to happen during the broadcast, not including halftime and or commercial purposes.
Speaker 4: So postgame though, can Yeah? Yeah, because because because because he's not playing Ben, I don't think we get the pregame DAP. Remember when Shaq and Kobe they had to sort of do it because it was Chris because yeah, and that was that was tense. You know, Shack didn't really look at him. I would expect something like that if he was playing him not playing, I think he's gonna sort of come out late to the bench, maybe rot at tip off, and BID's not gonna run every there and he's not gonna run into the court. But you say yes after the game, I can sort of see maybe a little like a man all right.
Speaker 2: All right, so yeah, yes, uh minus one is plus one ten.
Speaker 5: So the linemakers expect them to touch It sounds like it. And I think what increases the likelihood of them touching is the fact that Ben played in Philadelphia for so long. Maybe he goes the wrong way, maybe he goes to the wrong locker room at some point and halftime or something, runs into Joel, you know, on the baseline for instance. It doesn't necessarily need to be a hey, I'm gonna come up to you in depth, but hey, oops, I'm in the wrong. I actually think it's funny.
Speaker 2: More likely the ball finds its way over to the to the nets bench, Embiid is over there and then almost jokingly reaches out for like a quick little DApp up, like he just finds himself standing right beside him, and it's almost like, uh, you know, he's doing it as a joke, but there is a touch. I'm voting yes as well.
Speaker 4: If Simmons wanted to troll the Philly fans, he would do the mellow and pick the ball up and shooting and then sit back down.
Speaker 7: That would be hilarious. Good.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're yes, yes, yes, uh tray do the touch.
Speaker 3: That's what it says, do they touch?
Speaker 6: If you're including post game, I imagine there can be a post game.
Speaker 3: Touching of s Yeah.
Speaker 6: Obviously, though if I'm looking at the values here, I'm betting no plus one ten on no. I can easily see embiid ignoring ignoring Ben Simmons the way Shaq would to Kobe, and Simmons is not going to seek out and be It's gonna have to the other way around. But I do think embiid loves the performative aspect of it, so there's gonna be something that goes down. But it's also easy to see, like like like if Simmons comes out late.
Speaker 3: You know, they turned the lights down.
Speaker 6: To do intros for the Philadelphia so he sneaks in, so nobody really season the game has.
Speaker 3: Started, they just ignore each other.
Speaker 5: It could happen.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, so following up from the touch question, if Ben Simmons and Joel and be touch, it will be and then you can bet on the following. Okay, the favorite of what it will be is a fist pump classic. Yeah, seven to four odds. Just a handshake slash, hand slap. Love that, okay, that's two to one odds. A handshake slash, handslap and a hug together so you know you've tried to do a million players, would always fail five to two odds. Just a hug, no touching with the hands, come on in seven to one odds.
Speaker 4: A punch ten to one bro punch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think you know they're saying it's gets physical here. They're pissed off with each other. A face slap twelve.
Speaker 5: To one odds, that's the worst, would be amazing, that's that's the worst. Why would you should be one hundred to one, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: And then a butt slap, Yeah, butla should be twenty five to one odds.
Speaker 3: Butt slap should be ten to one, right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: A face slap, yeah, like I guess you could look at a face slap I'm trying to think, I mean, like you and slap them like you're a wrestler, but maybe it would have of like a Corleone face boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my boy, Ben Simmons. Right, he had like nineteen million dollars withheld from him, he should go and go bet heavy on the butt slap, win that money back. That way, he could say, yeah, the butt slap, let's make it a hundred one.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna put a million dollars.
Speaker 4: Then he goes up, goes out and slaps away slap. I think the fist bump is fair enough. It's the odds on favorite there. I think that's what.
Speaker 7: You're going to get.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're going to I don't.
Speaker 7: Think a hug now.
Speaker 4: I think a sort of a non eye contactual sort of like you know, let's just do it.
Speaker 3: I doing this, It's good. I'm betting on a handshake, slash, hand slap and hug together. Okay, they're going for the full boat, the bro hug, full bro hug.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah. It's actually like if you go in for the handshake handslap, a hug makes it less awkward, I would say, because you don't have to look at each other as much.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 5: So I think if they do go for a handshake, can slap. Then you don't have to be eye contactual, you know what I mean. You go for the handshake, then you just get this thing over like it's it's less Yeah, it's less personal.
Speaker 6: You can like make a point of looking over the other one's shoulder to see who else is out there that you want to say Hi.
Speaker 5: Yeah, less yeah. So I do love the idea though, of betting on the butt slap. Great idea, but but Joe, Let's say Joel Embiid goes in for a hug instead and Ben Simmons has to like back battle and say don't don't hug me and go in for the butt slap and run behind him and give him a butt slater.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, can you parlay these together?
Speaker 5: Can I go?
Speaker 2: Can I go hand slap into a hug with a butt slap and they may be a little playful punch.
Speaker 5: I'll be there. I'll be the Stewart here, I'll be the Brian blessing here, and you and say the Usually the betting the betting lines usually put a max on these because of.
Speaker 2: Bucksky.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you can bet some five smacks.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well I'm not done, believe it or not. I got another one, this one I actually like.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 2: TNT mentioned Ben Simmons free throw shirt shooting during the broadcast. Okay, yes, get your minus one forty no plus one hundred.
Speaker 5: I think you got good odds with the no on this way. I think it's way more likely they don't mention the.
Speaker 3: Free throwly he's not playing.
Speaker 5: When would free throw shooting come up?
Speaker 2: Anytime they shoot free throws? And then they show Ben Simmons, Well, luckily he's not out there, you know what they do, like, come on, Ben Simmons is going to come up even though he's not playing.
Speaker 5: No, really, wow, I don't think it's come up on any game that he's played that he's been sitting there. I know they're playing the Sixers, but what's what is the context? I don't get it. I just it doesn't really make sense to me he's not playing.
Speaker 2: I just think the boobirds are of course going to be out. The broadcast starts talking about, oh man, you imagine he was playing wood doctor for the hack a Ben you know anything?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: I have speculative though for him to be not playing. If he was playing, then I think.
Speaker 2: You guys are saying no, you like you get some good odds.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's part of the game. I don't think CNTs, Brian Anderson, stand Van Gunder, whoever is doing. I mean maybe if you're also.
Speaker 2: They gonna talk about for the whole game. They're gonna be showing Ben Simmons a million times on this broadcast.
Speaker 5: They're not going to talk about his lack of free throw shooting, not not Like what were they saying, Hey, I watched him practicing his free throw shooting.
Speaker 2: Yes, they might have who knows, they might have footage of him hitting.
Speaker 3: Free throws, warm up free throws.
Speaker 5: He's not doing.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 2: This is a tough one.
Speaker 4: We get that Grainy eiting a row from the free throw.
Speaker 7: Well, he's obviously been working on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think so I'll take the null on that one.
Speaker 5: Okay, if it was on the call, I don't know, but I just yeah, Brock Hackens, you think he would bring it up a strategy maybe, like if it was two Philly radio guys on the call. Of course they're talking about everything negative. But I think you know, I bring up ban Gundy and Anderson because they're national TV guys. They're not getting dirty here. Although I've seen stan Van Gundy shoot free throws great form, like great handles. If he brings up and says Bensimon should be trying to work on his game, practice free throws. Here's footage of me practicing my free throws, and they roll in stan Vanga. That's the only way I see them linking the two, which is I know it's it's good. Odds plus one hundred take it.
Speaker 2: I think, yes, I'm betting yes on this. They got a long game and again, there's gonna be a lot of talk about Ben Simmons. There are free throws that happen in the game. It's gonna be what you got.
Speaker 4: Kevin Holland and Reggie Millis stefined.
Speaker 2: Reggie, Reggie for sure say it absolutely damn Gunny, I'm with you. Less likely, Reggie.
Speaker 3: Yes, there's gonna be a lot of free throws too. Yes, you got the stars back for the nuts.
Speaker 5: One's I still don't get it and Beads banging home a free throw. They go, that guy can hit free throws. You know who can't? That guy on the sideline, How do you know?
Speaker 2: How do you know the Sixers crowd isn't chanting something about Ben Simmons during a free throw and like then it's you know, yo, wow, could you remember they're doing this while he's on the bench. Iagine this guy was playing, like that's the obvious.
Speaker 5: It's not Ben Simmons free throw. Ben Simmons free throw shooting during the broadcast.
Speaker 3: This is that it?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, the Ben Simmons passed up a dunk highlight versus the Hawks be shown during the broadcast, yes, minus one fifty, no plus one ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know to prefer it to be shown, but this I can see being brought up.
Speaker 2: Okay, you don't think they would show it?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's got ready to go show Gilbert.
Speaker 4: It's a little defamatory and irrelevant to tonight's game.
Speaker 2: I think, okay, this is crazy they're doing all of this.
Speaker 3: This one's a lock. This one is a lock. Yes to me, this is dramas multiple times.
Speaker 4: I don't think so, because again because he's not playing. If he was playing, yes, but I think with him sitting on the side, it's just not going to help him. If it's like hey, on TV, they keep showing you missing that done, they.
Speaker 2: Have to show they have to look at it like someone's watching this game for the first time ever. They don't even know what basketball is, Like, why are they booing this? Guy, let's tell you why this is a part of this I.
Speaker 7: Might tell it.
Speaker 4: I just don't think they're going to show it myself.
Speaker 2: I think the only technicality technicality technicality is one trying to say here is like when is it shown? Is it shown prior to the tip probably if it is to be, and then does that count? Probably not here in the actual bet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's interesting. Weird one here from these odds that we got from our friend Jimmy Shapiro. There isn't that that caveat the caveat being in the prior one. They were talking about the free throw shooting during broadcast. The note was anytime from tip off to the end of the game. But that's not here because that's interesting because it definitely pre game. I think I could see them saying a pre game Yeah, they're sitting there sideline, Reggie Harlan, and it was a Harlow on the sideline, Stephan you ready, Stephan, You're ready? I mean she could be doing the yeah story, yeah, yeah, So the odds are better for yes, I mean, it's more likely that this is going to happen than free throws. Coah, I like it. I like this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Trey, you're on bored that they're going to show this highlight.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think we're going to see it multiple times per half.
Speaker 5: A lot.
Speaker 6: I mean, this is a huge story. There's only two games on tonight. This is Ben simmons first time.
Speaker 3: Back in Philadelphia playing.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's why they're going to show Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: So they gonna show him yeah, because I think this is the number one thing that they would show.
Speaker 2: Are they going to show it on the jumbo tron?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: I guess they're going to show it during the tnt pregame as well, right, yeah, yeah, so that doesn't classify for the bet H I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, final one. How many times and it just says here not full name Simmons is said during the broadcast, So I guess you don't technically need Bensimons. He's such a two dame guy too. It's weird to call him the Simmons to me. But the over under is set at six and a half.
Speaker 4: Smash the OVA smash.
Speaker 2: The over says this guy. Okay, Simmons will be said at least seven times during the game.
Speaker 5: I agree, smash okay, Oh, Reggie Miller might say it seven times in like five minutes.
Speaker 3: I would maybe go over if it was sixteen and a half. Yeah, Like, I mean six and a half is a sentence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm hitting the over, especially now, I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, once he's that bad, I was like, oh yeah, I'm locking in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they'll even mention the chance in the stands, they're chanting for Ben Simmons. I mean that's one. I mean they're gonna chance you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, back in the building for the first time since the trade, Ben Simmons on the bend.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Well, last time we.
Speaker 2: Saw Ben Simmons, imagine he was out there shooting free throws. So I cannot imagine that. Hey, let's show you this highlight he te player. Oh there's Ben Simmons passing up and donk it's already up to four.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Look, we're having some fun with this. I just hope nobody crosses any sort of line tonight in terms of like the fans in attendant, Hey.
Speaker 3: Boom all you want, Like, yeah, boom all you want.
Speaker 2: But you know, it was just don't get any crazy. It's like trying to get close to them. The games where you can cross the line. Where's somebody, where's the game?
Speaker 7: It's in Philadeph Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be Okay. You think you can't bet on whether a battery is thrown today?
Speaker 4: When Vince car when you went to your first Vince Carter game in Toronto?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well just you know talk, Oh yeah it was.
Speaker 7: Did you cross any lines?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, did I personally lines?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I mean I was up in the nosebleeds.
Speaker 4: But that's the thing you've got to get. The Sixers have got to get this booze out of their system tonight, right great?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh no, look I'm betting on the boo him.
Speaker 5: Okay, tell me if this is crossing the line. I yelled this at Vince after he kicked the raptors ass. I yelled, you'll never win anything, Vince. It's like crossing the line.
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 4: No, that's fine.
Speaker 3: Fine, it's kind of light, no effects.
Speaker 4: You're going into any personal details or anything like that. It's just like, you know, but how many times did Vince like hit the game winner? Oh? Yeah, the dunk? Remember the Alue dunk and over time as well.
Speaker 7: He was.
Speaker 4: He was so remember when pat Riley went back to New York the first time when he when he joined the Heat and he came out and.
Speaker 3: He was like, come on, bring it on, Simmons.
Speaker 4: He decided to go full heel tonight and be like me, it would be nice.
Speaker 2: It'd be awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I don't think.
Speaker 2: It would be great.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be surprised if he does a sort of light yeah, all right, like an acknowledgement, and I think he's gonna be like.
Speaker 2: Come on, I don't no, probably not. Okay, we'll find out. Yeah, very exciting. So one of only two games on tonight, it's the big one on TNC. It's gonna be one hell of a story.
Speaker 3: Just a guy.
Speaker 2: Sitting there on the bench and then the actual game.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, uh, yeah, there's a game.
Speaker 2: There's some some firepower in this game too. Uh Do I have it right? Durant and Kyrie are playing in Philadelphia tonight.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's good to know.
Speaker 2: And uh, obviously embiid and and the rest of his squad on the Sixers there. Okay't wait, we'll get to the actual pick for that game when we get to pick them. We gotta take one more break. We tweeted the night as well, don't go anywhere? All right, back with the boys here, it's time for a tweet of the night.
Speaker 5: Tweed of the Night? Wow, TWT, what do you got?
Speaker 6: A bit of a what you got here for? Tweet of the night comes to us from Sean You along with a clip from his s Tears podcast alongside Zach Schwartz Seawan tweets. So Zach asked a great question earlier today, would you rather smoke weed with Don Nelson or drink wine with Greg Oh?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: My choice here is obvious.
Speaker 6: Yeah, smoke weed every day in Hawaii while wearing fish ties.
Speaker 3: Come on, it's the perfect. But I want to hear your guys' thoughts, and I'm gonna throw in a.
Speaker 6: Couple of extra choices because you can usually put four things on a pole, which we're gonna have up here in the stream.
Speaker 3: Team.
Speaker 6: So, would you rather smoke weed with Don Nelson, drink wine with Greg Popovic? Do peote with Phil Jackson? Or smoke a fat.
Speaker 3: Stogy with Red Hourbach? Get your votes in?
Speaker 2: Who wel ahead?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm going to go through the process of elimination because a cigar is always fun at the time, but it just like you feel like ass the next morning.
Speaker 7: It's gross, but it's cool, And I.
Speaker 4: Was like, yeah, I want to be here with Red having a big, old fat cigar. So nope, Phil Jackson's cool. I don't really know what that entails, to be honest. So yeah, so it comes down to the other two. Now, don Nels. I think Ethan Strauss actually did do this.
Speaker 7: And smoked with him.
Speaker 4: I can't remember what he said about it, actually, but that would Yeah, it's a tough one, but I think I'm going Popovich. I just think I I'd love to sit down with him over a couple of glasses of red and just talk and laugh and joke because when Pop is away from being the pop that we see on the sidelines and on TV, I think he's a lot more entertaining, a lot more engaging, and you know, he would have some hilarious stories. I mean, don Nelson would have some incredible stories as well, but I think don Nelson could get a little good sort of off. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I saw the clip of Sean and Zach talking about this. Sean was making some good points, like how many glasses are wine. You have to get into Pop where then he's opening up and he's maybe telling you all the stories you want to hear. Don Nelson, you're smoking weed with him in Hawaii, especially like he's off and running, I'm sure right away, like before you've even lit the thing, like you're hearing the story. So that's maybe an advantage for don Nelson. But Sean also pointed out Popovich is known for his like extensive wine collection. He might be getting into some good bottles. Yeah, do you like wine?
Speaker 5: You like wine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well only when that's a plus for that's a plus for Pop. I'd say, not that don Nelson has a shitty weed.
Speaker 3: But doesn't have his own straight Yeah, yeah, it's true.
Speaker 2: But I just think, you know you, I mean, Pop's probably got very very fine taste in one, You're gonna get some good bottles, I think.
Speaker 4: So I'm just making a case Poop and JD are actually quite similar.
Speaker 7: You know, they've got that sort of grumpiness. But once you get j D away from the show a.
Speaker 4: Couple of ye reds and ah yeah, then he opens up and you know he's he's a lot more entertaining. So I think yeah, I think you're not entertaining.
Speaker 5: Sounds like this is.
Speaker 4: Really like a pop after the at the in between quarter interviews. You know, you're grumpy, you don't want to have to do this. Let's just get through the show. But once the show is done, there's a bottle of wine there. Then JD's like a little bit more.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, So so what do you you going with here? Of those four trades thrown out?
Speaker 5: The psychedelics are so hot right now. I'm doing it with philm I think, and I think you're.
Speaker 2: On a ranch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that's it's just the best of both worlds. I don't need to drink more wine. Don't care if this is a vintage nineteen oh four, I don't care. And you know, the don Nelson experience would be great. The Ethan Strauss article on that phenomenal, So that makes sense. The stogy thing, Yeah, I mean that would be cool too. I think all four men the experiences that would be great. I think they would all open I mean they'd all open up immediately. But I think the experience of the psychedelics, I'm rolling with that. And I don't think we're going too hard as well, because He's a seventy six year old man. He knows, he knows where he's going. You know how much to you know, we're microdosing, I think at first, and then yeah, we'll have a good time.
Speaker 2: I'm just afraid you're gonna do it with Phil Jackson. Then you're not gonna remember a single thing, and you may not even be really talking to Phil Jackson once you're on Paoti's. That's my only knock on that one.
Speaker 3: JD.
Speaker 2: Let's hear from you. You're drinking with Greg Popovich, smoking weed with Don Nelson Paoti with Phil Jackson, or smoking a cigar with Red.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm with Leah, it's Pops for sure. Okay, I think that he would. I don't think that it would take any time for him to relax, because, you know, I imagine it's in his sort of wine room or whatever. He's already relaxed. He's wearing his smoking jacket or whatever, and he's you're already the ritual of opening the bottle of wine and smelling it and swirling it. He's already he's in his elements exactly so, And uh, yeah, he seems like a softy at heart and smart guy. You know, he seems like a good guy to argue with. I love an argue, I love debating, I love just playing devil's advocate, just getting under people's skin.
Speaker 5: So I would enjoy that with Pops.
Speaker 2: I think you're suddenly talking about the Obi Wan Kenobi trailer and the promise.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah of it?
Speaker 2: Okay, well so do we have that pull up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: On the stream team? All right, get your votes in everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right now. We got forty five percent want to.
Speaker 2: Don Nelson, Yeah, Greg Popov.
Speaker 6: Greg twenty seven for Don, twenty two for Phil, and only seven percent want to smoke a cigar with red hours.
Speaker 2: He's he's also well, he's also a ghost.
Speaker 3: Ghost.
Speaker 2: Uh pick results last night, Raptors Spurs have more votes then, Yeah, smoke a star with a ghost. Put it that way?
Speaker 3: Sorry? Cool, right, we changed it.
Speaker 2: Rap Spurs Toronto favored by one and a half on the road, and as we talked about, prevented Greg Popovich from setting the all time record in wins. This brought to you by bet MGM. So that's a victory for me, it's a victory for Tasks, a victory for Trey Lee swerved took pop it fell to uh suddenly last place. Yeah, in the in the pick and battle here you're two and five, Tray three and four on four and three and Tat is five and two. So it's uh, very very close still. But what's tonight's game?
Speaker 5: There's a game in Philadelphia. Yes, that should be a fun one. The Philadelphia seventy six Ers are favored by four and a half over the Brooklyn Nets, and surprisingly we're splitsville on this one. Yeah. I thought most of us would be on the Sixers, but myself and Lee taking the Nets. Where do you think the Nets are going to cover four points?
Speaker 2: Lee?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I went back and forth a bit on this one. I can sort of see an actually like a Sixer's massive blowout. Then I'm also like Kevin Durant's got some beef there with Mbi Kyrie again, he's having came off a great performance and him and James Harden there's going to be a bit of beef there. So I'm hoping that the Nets can keep it close enough. But I think the Sixers win the game.
Speaker 2: Oh you do it?
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: Give me four points. I think it's less than that, but who knows. I can't pick my nose right now, So who knows how it's going to go.
Speaker 2: It's good and try any reasoning why you're taking Philly.
Speaker 3: I just think they're better. Yeah, yeah, they're playing incredibly well.
Speaker 6: They've got a better, deeper team, and I think it's going to mean a lot to Philly to rub.
Speaker 3: It in Brooklyn's faces.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is. It's gonna be fun to see how the Brooklyn Nets players playing take this one to heart, though, like for their new teammate and Ben Simmons try to shut up the crowd.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: You know, they come out and smack him in the first quarter and that takes a lot of the steam out of the booing. Ben Simmons sin, yeah.
Speaker 4: And Kevin Durant, I mean that's the thing. He would love this atmosphere. Yeah, yeah, villain him and Joel he can go out and.
Speaker 5: Harden also left them as well, So that's a good point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's truely.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Steve Nash said they had some interesting comments about that, right, like whether they would but slap.
Speaker 5: Each other, whether yeah, whether yeah. He was asked whether Nash would talk to heart Yeah, he said, I don't think I'm gonna you left them cool.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, we'll call it there. Email in your NBA questions too. No dunks at the Athletic dot com, follows on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok at No dunks. Ain't grab yourself an athletic subscription, go to the Athletic dot com slash no dunks. Get your No dunks merch over at no dunks dot com, and uh look out for Leelis's Instagram and Twitter account. Tonight when Roxy takes a photo of him wearing his iverson's and his AI wristband watching the game, Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Did you think about turning it the other way so you can read it? Or is that because you want to read it to watch?
Speaker 7: He war is why?
Speaker 4: But he actually had it on his on his left arm because he had his sleeve on that one, so I couldn't see it, and I though, I'll can't put on that one, and I let's see it.
Speaker 2: Smart. All right, guys, if you are a Survivor fan and you watched last night's to our premiere, join Trey JD and myself a little bit later today over on our No Buffs YouTube feed and we'll flip that into a podcast on Apple and Spotify, but it's its own separate feed. No Buffs Survivor forty two breaking down last night's premiere episode, which you said you watched by the way I watched it, Yeah, it means you'll be listening or at least watching our showing you.
Speaker 5: I'm looking forward to you guys, just breaking it down. Yeah, we're a lot of stuff happened.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of stuff Chuck Bowls, with so many games on, I'm a little tired right now. I need some of that energy.
Speaker 3: Oh the new Starbucks Bia Energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, let's get some.
Speaker 3: It's available in gas stations.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we'll have that show coming to you around one one thirty pm Eastern live over on the No Buffs YouTube account. Till then, Clipper Bros.
Speaker 3: You heard it here first, have a great time, turn up. Love you guys, awesome.
Speaker 5: Thanks for joining us. And remember a lot of great comments from the stream team here talking about whether they would rather smoke a cigar with red Arbuck or smoke a cigar with the Ghosts. Most people picked ghost over living red Arback was weird. A lot of people picked making gravy with Lee Ellis or smashing Nana's with Lee Ellis.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that'd be fun. We can make that happen.
Speaker 7: Making Grave on the show, well, just.
Speaker 2: Like we could raise a bunch of money for charity, you know, highest bid gets to make gravy with.
Speaker 7: You, gravy soup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what it was.
Speaker 7: It was a great yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Braced their people,