Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and Newie scrugs.
Speaker 2: Right, what's up? What's up? Hiding me? Yo? Louie? Backing here more, folks Again.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you he got a whole separate closet for that, probably college football playoffs or something about something. But I'm with he got he got about another six months before he come in here with some K State girl and then yeah, all the K State.
Speaker 2: Gift to be is that? Is that a done deal? She chose Manhattan pretty much. Okay, she already got already got a hat.
Speaker 4: I already know, came back two weeks ago, got that got a case state hat.
Speaker 2: So, man, that is jumping in Manhattan. It is in New York. You know what you know, it's jumping Barry Church all the scholarship money.
Speaker 3: So that's true, that's true, But it's different from now. You know, it's a new day.
Speaker 2: He's Danny McCrae, Barry Church, Randy Hugh, I mean, whoever it is, let's just go ahead. This is what I know. Okay, this is what I know.
Speaker 3: What I what I found out today is the best Cowboys player ever won the number forty two is a guy by the name not a Barry Church, Okay, not not Troy Hand, not Ture, but Randy right, Henry Hugh, You Hugh.
Speaker 2: I got to get.
Speaker 3: My my Cowboys history up because I was not aware of mister Randy. But he did win a championship. Okay, he got some interceptions. He had a loan interception of sixty eight yards, And I said, you know, maybe that's why Barry didn't have an interception of sixty eight friends with friends like these, who needs him?
Speaker 2: It's this post history going on.
Speaker 3: I don't know that for Columbus nowthing about so I just walked in on this. Randy's usually good at football, Randy Randy, I don't know, man, it's a Barry.
Speaker 2: Barry's were usually good too.
Speaker 4: Let's let's just go down the list of the all time forty two according.
Speaker 2: To listening to the Cowboy Road. Down the list. Don mclahaney, I never heard of him, Sorry, mister mclney.
Speaker 4: For Smu Mustang. He was a good player at college, but he was on the expansion team. So sixty sixty one, Jim Ridling eight, d Whitfield, Claxton Welch, Randy Hughes from seventy five to eighty World champion, Ricky Easman never heard of Darryl Clack. Sorry, mister Dan Smagala.
Speaker 3: I'm just going okay, it's not an order here the top.
Speaker 4: Right here according the book going down the list, Uh, Robert Wilson, Charlie Williams.
Speaker 2: Remember with Charlie Charlie Williams super Bowl champion.
Speaker 3: Uh. Chris Warren is Barry Church on the Troy Hambrick Chris Warren from Seattle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, let's see if he was here ninety sixty two thousand, so before the chan Gaily Campbell years Troy Hambrick Detroy also wore number thirty five.
Speaker 2: Anthony Henry. Shout out to Henry. I know, I know he was a good player. Number one. Number one was good. Henry was good. We all saw that. We all saw Anthony Barr once again. We all saw that. We all saw that.
Speaker 4: Currently, Deuce Van, those are your all, that is your all time number forty two roster.
Speaker 5: I think Dud's got a shot. He has to get out of negative yards. First, you're some positive.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen Church on this? So ever?
Speaker 3: Man, I've never seen this man s So that's why I ain't saying that I believe it all.
Speaker 2: We get to the subjects. Man, go through the list, and I'm gonna close it out after this.
Speaker 5: You go through the list, you put my stands up against any of those cats.
Speaker 2: It's out the water. It ain't even a question. So not even a question.
Speaker 5: So I'm trying to understand the gist of the oh, because it goent back to uh, Nick eat, how does he even start? That's what ye But Nick was sitting there lunch just talking to me Nick and Danny's mother cats, and he had brought up an article that he had wrote back in.
Speaker 2: What he said was nineteen eighteen, one of them Times, and it.
Speaker 5: Was the best get numbers from Cowboys History one to ninety nine.
Speaker 2: So we're going through all this.
Speaker 5: McBride was number one, I think Jeff Heath was the best, thirty eight or something like that, got to forty two, and we see it Randy was it Randy Hughes on that So I'm like, hold on, cuz the second Randy Hughes and we started going through all the forty two's that have ever worn forty two for the Cowboys that and I'm like, hold on, that's what That's what y'all decided to go with the gold playing what you got going on here?
Speaker 2: Man, Like, did y'all see what? What? In my mind, I'm thinking.
Speaker 5: What was y'all thinking? What goes into the criteria to be considered?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: I mean? The top forty two?
Speaker 6: Isaiah now?
Speaker 2: But I'm like, Isaiah, now, that's what it was. And I looked, I don't know what the criteria because I'm looking at it. I'm like, what about your world? Chamming?
Speaker 5: Okay, some of those guys got rings, But those same guys that got rings started what maybe a game, maybe two games? So that's what we want. So that's what the whole thing was, and that's how we're doing it. You should put in the comment box, okay, we needed.
Speaker 2: You can't comment? No nothing.
Speaker 5: Well that was and that's I'm done. I'm done now because we all know who it was, no question about it. All those guys, you know, they did, they did the work.
Speaker 2: To get there. But they didn't do the work. I put in something it is, it is what.
Speaker 5: It is, Salty Tuesday. So that was in those tacos, same thing that was in that list.
Speaker 2: That was so Nikki is Nick came up with it all by himself.
Speaker 7: It was his article.
Speaker 2: That I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know it's him by itself. He said it was some people who probably something but I mean, you know.
Speaker 2: Probably told him. It was Brandy Hughes and Randy Hughes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then also he went to UH to Jacksonville and started talking about said I spoke the truth.
Speaker 5: I suppose he was out truth. He went on Beasley, I ain't going like that. I ain't going crazy.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 5: All I said was we have a more talented team at Jacksonville then they had it in Dallas in twenty seventeen, which was facts. We went to the MC Championship. I didn't even make the playoffs. So it wasn't like I was saying something blasphemous, but you know, it is what it is. I guess somebody got but hurt like I am about that list, but it is.
Speaker 3: Man I thought was going to ring man ran up in there.
Speaker 2: I mean, if my man do seem to do nothing. He called it straight. But when he get brought up in there, you know it is what it is. Man.
Speaker 4: So you just found out about this today ten minutes ago, ten minutes old.
Speaker 2: Oh this is fresh, Yes, sir, that's right. I think he's gonna be okay. Yeah, at the end of the day, I think I'm be alright. But you know, man, the only forty two week acknowledge. Appreciate you big. I know what it is. Come on, now, the heck that shows like tuesday, I didn't know.
Speaker 4: This is all fresh to me, man, all fresh to me. I didn't know. So no wonder you came in there like that trying to add this is him.
Speaker 2: The time.
Speaker 6: Hello, how y'all doing.
Speaker 3: Can we talk about the Carolina Panthers and how the heckma is probably nervous.
Speaker 2: That's the first time you said, because it right? So did you play here? See this right up there? I want to say it was about.
Speaker 4: Seventy something, Okay, So he played seventy seven games in the NFL.
Speaker 2: I started about seventy something game. I don't know how much heart.
Speaker 4: He had nine picks. Super Bowl Champion. He was drafted out of Oklahoma in the fourth round, All time, Big eighteen, All nineteen seventy, He's all decade in the Big eight, first team, all the we're talking about.
Speaker 5: Talked about NFL career, that's about the big big age. Oh so he did play with Drew all Eyes, Drew Pears.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 4: He was a part of that Dirty dozen of seventy five team that lost to Super Bowl ten. From the start, his skills and reading from his skills earned him comparisons to Cowboy Great Cliffhears. Super Bowl twelve was arguably his best game as a professional, registering five tackles and interception and two fumble recoveries while earning m v P consideration. That no, no, no, that was Harvey mart Randy White co shared it.
Speaker 2: But he was a part of it. I'm saying he was in consideration for super Bowls. Talking about five tackles, Yes, yes, that's pretty good though, five tackles, a pick, and then to.
Speaker 3: During his in a game, bro you said you think about I'm talking about in a Super Bowl game, to get five tackles, a pick and two fumber recovers is big.
Speaker 2: That's your career best game.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, that that's not what I'm saying that's a game. Yes, be your career, pest game, had your best game in the Super Bow. I thought Will smith was having a bad day.
Speaker 4: He played six seasons, recorded nine picks with the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: No, no, let's talk about the Panthers. Let's talk about the Panthers. Okay, I got no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: And then your boys gonna say, don't he did? What made me look it up? Clari It's like, don't google Will smith Man leave it alone. I didn't.
Speaker 6: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't look right at it. Jeez, cold blooded.
Speaker 4: Ten and a half point favorites was what the last line I saw that the Cowboys are favored by over the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 2: This game is in Charlotte.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys obviously play so much better at home, so the game is on the road in North Carolina, outside on grass.
Speaker 2: This is a bad.
Speaker 4: Football team with a bad coach and a quarterback who has no help.
Speaker 2: Ten and a half points sounds about right. Yeah, they better than New York, They better than Giants.
Speaker 5: Truth, they got a first round at you know, first you know at their quarterback. They still got Adam Thieling. Like guys who have been around the league a little bit. They're not a good team. For what we've seen against the New York Giants.
Speaker 2: Don't do it. But we're seen against the New York Giants.
Speaker 3: That was That's probably the worst you're going to see throughout in the NFL season. Carolina Panthers are better. Still not a good team, but you know, not worried. Well, look, man, you said what I needed to hear. They're better than the New York Giants. So we got to bring our a game. Cuba, Cuba, Hubbard, God, Oklahoma State, No, no, big Tuba. All right, you're not You're not gonna get us, So don't even working.
Speaker 2: You're coming back again. No, no, no, that's not what I said.
Speaker 3: Before this even started, we were talking about the season and I said, look, the Cowboys right now need to go on about a five game win stream.
Speaker 2: We need And the thing is, look.
Speaker 3: Don't peak at this at the wrong time, but still at this point in the season, we need to We need to really etch out some games, especially any of the games to start with the NFC team, all right, because I personally want us to have a home playoff game, So that's that's important for getting this victory is definitely important. We wouldn't need either Philly to get the first round about or win the n C eas yes, for that to happen. Yeah, yeah, we know we definitely yeah, and definitely need to be Philly. Like you could either hope for them to win the rest of their games or hope for them, but they at this stretch. If you look at Philly in it and what they have coming up, man, I mean Kansas City Monday night, that's gonna be everybody to that. But they got some real tough games coming up.
Speaker 2: Show got your boy dust coming up as over there. I told you, I've been saying it from the beginning.
Speaker 3: I've been saying you, Josh Allen, and finally you know, it just started playing out. But it's youall fault, man for y'all putting the gun slinger, all the gun slinger, not y'all, but not not y'all, not y'all, not y'all personally, but the media types fault for giving him that.
Speaker 2: Oh he's johall, he's a gunch slinger. You know, he's been a big arm he's so athletic.
Speaker 3: He started believing the hype and you see him going there, turn that ball over. Nobody talked giving him the same attention that they was giving My man ready to go to Prescott. So don't forget, Okay, the beginning of the season, we all picked against Pixie, doesn't you? And you picked him? I forgot what game that was. He was like, yeah, he was like, I told y'all, I told you from the beginning.
Speaker 2: It's okay. He was right.
Speaker 4: He's eleven interceptions for Josh Allen and uh, the head coaches fired the offensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: So it's Ken.
Speaker 5: Dorsey and can Ken do you listen? Can we just can we talk about some of the stuff that happened in the.
Speaker 2: Game last night?
Speaker 5: Started with how the heck do you have twelve men on the field when you know they about the kick a field go? And it was MUTI people counting guy on there was counting the special team guys.
Speaker 2: The head coach was counting. Still had why are.
Speaker 3: You even why are you even running them dudes after like these dudes that took two knees make no sense.
Speaker 2: It took you got twelve guys on the field. You know it's about to come, you know it's about to happen.
Speaker 3: And on top of that, man, how about the holder and and the and the field goal kicker to begin with that already missed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they already watched it.
Speaker 3: And then he missed that one in the twelve the twelve men on the field gave them another opportunity. That to me is everybody's waking up this morning to talk about Sean Payne and he's fixed Russell Wilson and all, come on.
Speaker 2: Now, they tried to lose that. They almost threw that away.
Speaker 3: I was thrown away And that was probably one of the better performances that I've seen from Russell Wilson from all the dirt that he threw, people thrown on that that ball that he threw in the corner of the end zone, that was vintage Russ. He got eighteen of the things this season. Yeah, eighteen tons this season. Man, Russell Wilson cooking.
Speaker 2: Us cook Now I'm saying that he's back in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Defensively, that is a that is a hard play to guard. Zero coverage under thrown ball. My man got his head turned around and everything like, it's almost is it possible for you to do it unless you just run.
Speaker 5: On zero In that situation they sacked on the first time. You're thinking Russell Wilson still back to back. It's a veteran guy. You know, you forgot the defensive court. The almost got fired this morning.
Speaker 2: Head coach.
Speaker 3: Everybody, everybody, bye, yeah, shout out to the broncause they want with hey Man, Russ is back, wavy, the stock going the stock price going up in the world.
Speaker 4: But yes, the offensive coordinator has been fired by the head coach. Ken Dorsey got some people saying, well, he's not the same without Brian dave Ball. There's a lot of there's a lot of people who are making excuses.
Speaker 2: For Josh Allen.
Speaker 4: And and one of my favorite guys is Pete Prisco over CBS. Chris I was calling clients. Josh Allen is one of his clients. It's like, look, client, not getting done. I love the picks this year, your client last night. Just once again, because he's josh An, he's getting the excuses.
Speaker 2: If it's the cowboy quarterback, he's getting toasted. And I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't watch first I don't watch the Bag show, so you all had to tell me, but they do. I have a Josh Allen segment, Trevor Lare segment. I mean, you got some guys out here not getting it done, and these dudes just skate on by and then they gonna have a whole segment on Dad.
Speaker 2: I forgot what it was. Clarence Hill tweeted it out there.
Speaker 4: It was some old whole Dax segment, like some click some more clickbait stuff, and I just look, I get it, I get it, but it's just it's really wild up who we choose to condemn and.
Speaker 2: Who we choose to forget. Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I did see a segment this morning saying that Dak Press got the best quarterback in the NFL. I've seen a couple of those this morning, so you know, I just want.
Speaker 4: Wow, I'm just trying, like, why would some other than just let's start this part of me?
Speaker 2: Come on? I said, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I thought they gave some good props over the last four games the man been falling, even having hell even have a hell of a year for the last For the last four games the dude has played.
Speaker 2: He's done it.
Speaker 4: But the whole you know, when I see this is just me. When I see stuff like that, I know it's contrive just just being in TV knowing how this works, and hey, guys, let's do this so we can start something. I mean, it's Patrick Mahomes right here in the category and then everybody else is just outside.
Speaker 2: Of that category. Agree, And I don't believe. I don't agree with that.
Speaker 5: You think Pat Mahomes, No, I'm just saying I don't think he don't think he just out in his own category.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his body at work is what it is. But I think you got some guys this season who are playing really, really good football to where it's not just Patrick Mahomes on his own. It's a bunch of guys who I say, Man, who do I want to get the ball to at the end of the game. It's I have I have options when in the past is like, I don't know if I got that many options this year. Like, I'm looking at some guys. I'm saying, I don't know. That's I don't think I can lose with this group. Okay, I'm sorry ahead, No, No, I'm listening my my thing.
Speaker 2: And looking at Patrick Mahomes is what's around him.
Speaker 4: Outside of Kelsey. Those receivers are terrible. I mean it's so bad. They like traded for Valdez, Like, hey man, hey.
Speaker 2: Man, we need you back. We didn't need you, but we so bad we need you back.
Speaker 4: And it was it Cadarius Tony who dropped ten million balls and lost the first game.
Speaker 2: I mean this. We thought Dak's weapons were bad last year.
Speaker 4: I mean the weapons he's throwing to a kansasity and still winning games.
Speaker 2: But he's been winning with guys like that.
Speaker 3: And let's not act like he's had that that number one big time receiver ever and I mean, he's okay.
Speaker 8: Hit.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is we saw him who do you win with? Last year? You know, who do you win?
Speaker 3: He won a super Bowl last year with a bunch of no name guys, and so I think as he's done that, his reputation has just risen. When it comes down to Josh Allen, it's been the expectation put on him by other people that have said that, oh he's elite, he's in this. It's like Herbert, a guy that is a great quarterback.
Speaker 2: At what he does.
Speaker 3: It throws it, he makes, but he hadn't won. He didn't want anything. Okay, yeah, but wait.
Speaker 2: Nothing great talent, great talent, great talent, talent.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying they changed overtime rules because of Josh Allen, because he didn't get he didn't.
Speaker 2: Get an opportunity. He had a hell of a game he had. He had an incredible game.
Speaker 3: And I think but besides that, the rules have been in place that way for a reason. When it comes to Dak, Dak is having a as good as any of these quarterbacks, just playing within himself.
Speaker 2: He's not turning the ball over at an alarming rate. He hadn't.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you wouldn't wouldn't say that. He's getting all of his wide receivers involved, so there's more that he can do. But he's not being reckless. He's not trying to play outside of himself. And when I start hearing people say, well that's going to be you know, he should be in the MVP race, and it makes me cringe because I don't want him to start believing the hypening.
Speaker 2: I want him to start contie, to play.
Speaker 3: Within himself, play smart football, ball control all of those things that makes him who he is.
Speaker 2: So I think Josh Allen is a.
Speaker 3: Victim of that, you know, listening to too many people, Yeah, getting too overhype and just being careless with the football.
Speaker 4: Let's take our first break when we come back, Tony Pollard, is he being misused?
Speaker 2: We've got buried Church comparison.
Speaker 4: Andy mc cray, I knew he Scruggs will dive into that next r hell player, SiGe Brod. You buy Tostitos on daubt Skyboys dot com radio.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Zach Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 10: Hi.
Speaker 5: I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to.
Speaker 2: Ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 3: That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothe bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool iae or pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Bom teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means.
Speaker 8: To be a boss.
Speaker 11: Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 8: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in heart, either no eye in blue star or a lone star for that matter, And there's no eye in How about them Cowboys Smeirnov knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 2: Home or away.
Speaker 8: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys. Fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: To the players.
Speaker 3: Loude experienced the most electrifying event of the holiday season, Cowboy Christmas Extravaganda Travaganza powered by.
Speaker 2: Powered by Reliant. Every Friday and Saturday night.
Speaker 3: From November seventeenth through December sixteenth, Cowboy Christmas Extravaganza ignites the Start Frisco with an unforgettable holiday performance showcasing sixty five performers, including the world renowned Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders Santa Claus, and appearances from your favorite Dallas Cowboy football heroes.
Speaker 2: Visit the Star District dot com for more information. Man will yeah killing them softly. Let's do it right here, let's not playing loud. Let's up.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 2: Bury Church is here.
Speaker 6: I knew Scrutch.
Speaker 4: Danny McCrae had had to jump out, but I'm glad we got to spend that quality time.
Speaker 2: Even though it was short quality time, he had rolled on out, roll out. Wow. So Tony Pollard, let's let's gave in a TP here. So the.
Speaker 4: Thing they told us until last year was Tony Pollard and Ezekiel Elliott.
Speaker 2: These guys are great one two punch.
Speaker 4: The best thing about Tony is that he's got zeke thing and that he provides that lightning. And when Skip Pete was a running backs coach, it was like, hey, look you want to the change of pace is great.
Speaker 2: So they don't.
Speaker 4: They don't bring back Ezekiel Elliott. They say, Tony Pott, you're the guy you need to start. He's now got just one one hundred yard game, and that was Arizona Week three, one hundred and twenty two yards. His output since that time has been interesting. Against the Patriots, a game the Cowboys won thirty eight to three, he had forty seven yards on eleven carries. And the Niners loss, he had eight carries for twenty nine yards. And the win at LA against the Charge, he had fifteen carries for thirty yards. Against the Rams, a forty three to twenty win, he had twelve carries for fifty three yards against Philadelphia and the lost twelve carries fifty one yards, and then last week against the New York Giants at home, fifteen.
Speaker 2: Carries fifty five yards.
Speaker 4: So we're looking at one hundred and thirty five totes this year for five hundred and twenty nine yards, and that's an average of three point nine, something that none of us were expecting from Tony Pollard.
Speaker 2: Heck, what do you think is going on here? Well, I'm gonna tell you, Nuie, I was expecting that.
Speaker 3: I thought that if you were not going to go out and at least draft a running back in those first couple of rounds or make a trade at the trade deadline for a running back, that you would be in a position with a guy like Tony Poller where you didn't know at this point in the season what he was going to be. He had never been your full time running back, and the change of pace, well, however you want to categorize him, he was the guy that was able to come and clean up after Ezekiel Elliott had already done all the tough work. And I mean, I'm one of those people, man, I do not like talking bad about someone. To talk good about somebody else. You know, I don't like that, But what I am saying is that I felt this. Though it was premature to say, all right, well we can get rid of Zeke and he can be my full time guy if we had no time consistency, I proved that he could actually do that. So at five point twenty nine, right now, I'm looking at Rico Daldo with two hundred and twelve yards and saying, Okay, I'm just combining these two guys to say our running back has seven hundred yards.
Speaker 2: Running back room has seven hundred yards.
Speaker 3: Because the expectation for Tony Poller should have been that he he is going to be a fifteen to eighteen carry guy.
Speaker 2: He's not a twenty five twenty eight carry a game guy.
Speaker 3: So if you did that, if you started the season with him on that kind of workload, he probably be hurt right now. So look, I think for Mike McCarthy being able to use him, diversify him like we do with our defensive guys, their hybrid. We know that he is as good as a receiver as he is as a running back. So as we're talking about him and what he's not as a running back, let's also include what he is as a receiver, so that's what makes him special, and also including ric o'dado in that conversation to spell him and also have that balance of thunder and lightning as a running back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we see this, you know, all the time.
Speaker 5: And Tako with Skip Pete Skip Pete last year, he would always reco remind us that it's.
Speaker 2: Not just a bell cow back anymore.
Speaker 5: You don't have to have that one guy that gets every down carries he's gonna get over, you know, three hundred some carries like that. The last guy that did something like that was probably, you know, Derrick Henry. When you talk to Skip Beat, he talked about all the way back into his Raiders' days when it was Charlie Garner and was Zach Crockett I believe maybe was out there or Tarro Red that's what it was. Yeah, So you always had that kind of thunder and lightning situation going on, and that's when I feel like you get the most how to Tony Pollard, when you have that guy that can tender rise the defense and let him come in and do his explosive stuff. But to me, we're not even seeing the same type of carries that Tony Poller saw last year. When I say carries, I'm talking about being a threat to the outside, getting those flip plays to the outside, tosses to the outside. We're seeing them using him kind of in that tender rising role, which is not into my opinion, is not in his strong suit. When you're running them up the gut for three yards in a cloud of dust, you're not gonna get much out of Tony Pollard.
Speaker 4: Is this a situation and something you you you have kind of touched on before. Is this Felix Jones?
Speaker 2: I would I mean we were I was there. I was there when that whole situation went down.
Speaker 5: When when Felix Jones had that breakout year behind Marion Barber and the next year come in and they thought, all right, we can this can be the this can be that guy, this can be the or lead dog every down back. And I would say it was a little bit different because Felix had a little bit of, you know, off the field issues that kind of hurt his game overall. And I think he could have been a much better back if it wasn't for that. But the situation remains the same. When you talk about the production level. You know when once he became that main feature back, you saw his production go way down. And I'm with you heck on this when you talk about Tony Poler. There's more than one way to use them. You don't have to just you know, barrel them in the middle or even toss some players on the outside. He's been known to be a bona fide receiving back out of the backfield.
Speaker 2: We saw instances last.
Speaker 5: Year we're against Minnesota where he's taking wheel rodes up the sidelines. He can be an explosive playmaker, not just a running back, but they don't seem to use him that way as of late. It's let me get hit you up the gut a couple of times, and then we may feature you something on the outside here and there. But he's not getting these receptions these screens, and I think he's too explosive of a player to leave that.
Speaker 2: Part of his game out of it.
Speaker 3: And Mike McCarthy's too good of a coach to not be able to get the best out of him. One of the things that I've admired are really like about Mike is he'll take a player and say, Okay, what is your skill set, and what do you do best. Let's use you at that. I'm not trying to make you do something that I've never seen you do, and you can't do it. Look like you said in between the tackles, I don't. It's not the three yards in the cloud of dust that bothers me. It's the fact that as he goes it seems that he's wearing down. He's not getting stronger. And we're used to seeing a guy in zeke In at twenty sixteen, seventeen eighteen, as the game got going, he got stronger, and that's not who Tony Pollard is. And I think by mixing in Rico Dowdell earlier and often, you're gonna see the best of Tony Pollard. I think what people stuck in people's head is what he's making. He making ten million dollars, so he's the guy that's got to be out there because he's being paid the most. But that's not smart. That's not smart in a football Since go back to the Philadelphia game. We got out of that game because we could not control the line of scrimmage, we could not run the ball. They were not threatened by a run at all. Once you become one dimensional, you're dead in the water. I don't care what league you're in. And the Dallas Cowboys have to be able to establish the run like they did last week versus New York, but it was with two guys, and so I'm saying the same thing. Use him like that and don't feel any kind of way. And Tony Poler shouldn't feel any kind of way if he finishes with twelve carries sixty yards.
Speaker 4: Carolina game coming up here, and maybe that's another area they look to touch on. Last week it was Brandon Cook, so maybe this week and Rico Daddle got a little bit in there, so maybe they go in more into the whole. Tony Pollard, Rico o'daddle, how do you get this running game going up a little bit better? As you start to think about here comes Washington on Thanksgiving Day, Seattle after that, and you get towards Philadelphia. All right, let's get another break in here, a possible career ending injury. Let's dive into that with Barry Church, Heck Maharrison having strugs player's lines brought to you by demos killing them.
Speaker 2: Right here on Dallas, Cawbo, what's.
Speaker 11: Got comyn To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowld unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 5: I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our SMOOTHI bows into two new decka and flavors. Dig into a cool III or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear.
Speaker 3: Smoothie bowls now in two new decad flavors only, Smoothie King the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys. Jack Black and right Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And they snapped the press.
Speaker 7: Guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left.
Speaker 2: He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 10: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 9: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 12: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 12: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 2: Back to the players Lounge.
Speaker 3: Get a frame worthy family holiday photo with Santa at the Star presented by Monument Realty. Santa Claus will be at his cowboy themeed cottage in the Star District from November seventeenth through December twenty fourth. Book your visit before December ninth and say five dollars with Cold Star five. Visit the Star District dot com slash Santa for more information.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Heck Maherrison A man Parry Church in the House of New Scrutches Place Lonch brought to you by Tostito.
Speaker 2: So today.
Speaker 3: Danny mc craigy boy and rare for him in these breaks. Just so you know, you know you left at the right time. Come on, let's go, let's get through this.
Speaker 2: Special teams A. C. J.
Speaker 4: Goodwin is gonna be out for the year and that Layton vander esh is going to miss the rest of the season with the neck injury, and there are reports saying that his career threatening. So we haven't heard anything official from the Cowboys yet, but that is what the reports are saying here.
Speaker 2: And when it comes to Layton Vanderresh, this has been something.
Speaker 4: That people have spoken about for a long time that you know what, it's got next issues?
Speaker 2: How long is he going to play?
Speaker 4: And Okay, if if this is you know, career threatening, and you know he's got he's got a baby daughter. Now he's got daughter's coming coming in January February. Because I talked to his wife and tren Camp then they get out. Yeah you know, I mean that's just me being around Lighton and liking him that.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: If this if it's another next thing and they're saying it's potentially career man, go ahead to go to the house.
Speaker 2: Call it a wrap.
Speaker 4: You have done some good stuff in a cowboy uniform, but man, go be there for your kid and your wife and enjoy life.
Speaker 2: Man. Yeah, I'm with you one hundred percent on that. Newly just you know, depending on what the severity of the injury is.
Speaker 5: He already had you know, neck issues coming out of college, I believe, so when you reaggravate something like that, that's just something you don't want to mess around with. You know, this isn't a you know, a torn aca or even an achilles or something like that.
Speaker 2: This is a knack man. I have ramifications for the rest of your body.
Speaker 5: So I know it's tough because as a football player, you've been doing it your entire life and it's something that's you know, been scheduled in programmed.
Speaker 2: Then you to where you're always on the schedule with it.
Speaker 5: But when it comes to football, this is what I got to do in the fall, well, it just got to do in the spring and summertime. I gotta get ready for football. It's just, you know, program to be second nature, and so it's kind of hard to walk away from something like that. But you know, when you're dealing with an injury like this, if it's as bad as you know they say, as far as career threatening, the only advice I'd have to give to him is, I mean.
Speaker 2: You got to think of you about your family.
Speaker 5: You know, you don't want to go in there, and you know God forbid, but you know, something else happened and you're walking over in a wheelchair for the rest of your life or something like that.
Speaker 2: You do not want to deal with that.
Speaker 5: So just you know, you gotta you gotta gotta think about your family when when it comes to these type of injuries.
Speaker 2: Man, it's tough.
Speaker 3: So b C I I I completely agree with you, and you know we're Hall of Fame. Boxing trainer Teddy Atlas once said, you don't you don't play Uh, you don't play boxing. You know it's it's you know how dangerous the sport is. And that's the same in football. It comes with the territory. And that's why you know when people question these guys, it's so easy to sit on your phone and say something reckless on Twitter or social media. Question God's heart and integrity. Uh, but God's put it on the line to play this sport. And one of my favorite football players all time, not only my uncle, but Michael Irvin, when his career was cut short by a neck injury. You know those things like you look at guys like that that are larger than life, and you you think that they can overcome anything. And then when you when you hear them say I can't go any farther, it's because you know all the signs have been given to them and told that you can't, you can't do it anymore, and you know, Layton, like you said, having the neck injury in college, overcoming that, playing with that injury even in the pros, and having this happen to him this year when he worked so dang hard to be the guy that he was, I mean, having a good year, had a great year last year as well being one of the anchors on this defense. We needed him as a linebacker to be what he was. And if this is indeed his his the final for him in his career, He's had a hell of a career. He's had a hell of a career. He's a hell of a player for the Dallas Cowboys. And you know, nothing but great things to say about Layton. But Nick Eatman walks in and you nothing but great things to say about.
Speaker 6: The man right here? Yeah right, no, no, no, yeah, yeah, yes, see the chair. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: You know, when you make a mistake, you got to come in there and you got to make a change.
Speaker 2: Right, you know what mistake did you make?
Speaker 13: Me know, I'm just saying, you know, if they say let's go, you know, receiver by committee in twenty eighteen and it doesn't work.
Speaker 7: You gotta go trade for Mari, right, you gotta do Yeah. Yeah, So when we were doing the top jersey numbers by the Cowboys, you know, and we we we I say we.
Speaker 2: You know, we had committee. You know, you cheer.
Speaker 13: Randy I mean Charlie Waters. And then forty two, you know we had Randy Hughes. But we we have made a change it. Uh, you know what, we've made a change. Here we go, you know now after forty two, until Duh starts to making plays, and then we might make changes.
Speaker 2: But for now, for now, I just want you to know, and heck you can.
Speaker 7: I've been hearing it upstairs.
Speaker 2: So he doesn't want it. Oh, he doesn't want to You said it was it was like two or three, right, you didn't want it, that was it. That wasn't my heated stake. It was in my heated stake, and it was just it was a lot going on. Yeah, you were emotional, bro. This is like my dad.
Speaker 7: You know, you wanted you want me to put hamdbrick up there or not trying to.
Speaker 2: Get that foe too right there. That's that's that's where I need to be at. That's that's where I should have been at the kidnaps committed. I don't want to know. I want to know, I can't committed that this man just got the whole article. Check he did. I'm freaking up stacks album?
Speaker 12: What what it was?
Speaker 7: The seventeen starts radio?
Speaker 5: So he starts seventeen and nine pictures good, seventeen starts, that's good, But seventeen up against seventy seven?
Speaker 7: Did you didn't watch him play Randy Hughes back in the day that.
Speaker 4: Was way before your I just knew who he was watching film and just seeing him in the in the background.
Speaker 13: He was like the Charlie Waters and Cliff Harrison starters, and he played He played a lot of nickel guys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, would start Okay.
Speaker 2: Man, I appreciate that. I appreciate we made a mistake. There is a lot to me. I mean, thank Dallas.
Speaker 7: You know the empty chair and I was like, whoa, whoa, where Danny.
Speaker 4: At this point in time, emergency after this, we can't do nothing that it will go in the show right forty no, no, no, no, this is the perfect.
Speaker 2: Stop forty two. That's the perfect time to show.
Speaker 6: Of all time.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, had points to make the greatest of all times forty two great Church, the greatest of all times. I'm just saying when you're talking about forty two, the resume is there? Yes, that's that's what I'm saying. It's Jackie Robinson, married Church for two.
Speaker 2: Don't you ever forget to wear for jerrybody wear forty two.
Speaker 5: Wearing forty two on Sunday? Thank you, nick Eye. There it is my Harrison forty two, buried Church. I merely knew he's crunch.
Speaker 2: This is the Players Ladder.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.