Speaker 1: Hey, fam, Before we get back to the show, I have some major news to tell you. For over a year, I've been building a brand new app called Button Plus spelled bttn. So if you love our shows like Miles the Brave, Pixel Quest or Critter Protectors Parents, you're gonna need to download our Button plus app to get unlimited access to all of our Story Button and Mister Jim shows completely add free. Thank you to everyone who has supported us so far. It's truly amazing to have you a part of our family. From all of us here at Story Button, we really couldn't continue to do this without you, so it would be really helpful to us if you went to the app store and searched for Button spelled bttn, gave it a download and a five star review. That would be awesome. Thank you, and now back to the show.
Speaker 2: Without a ton of direction, we all started doing what we could to learn more about Endangered Enterprise. Ali found a database with some interesting animals, all seeming a bit too crazy to actually be real. There were scarlet spotted cheetahs, strange birds, and lots of different extinct animals. The strangest part was that the info dated back only two years, each small finding went into the pile, the ever growing stack of random clues. We just needed that one big lead that could actually help us out, and boy to I remember the day we got it.
Speaker 3: Hitter Protectors, this is Ali. What can I do for you today?
Speaker 4: Well? Hello, wellie, my name is Arthur Winslow. I was hoping I could speak to someone on your animal.
Speaker 3: Well, sir, you're talking to one right now.
Speaker 4: Oh. Sorry, Well, I'm dealing with a problem here at my shop. This old book.
Speaker 3: Great, I mean not great, you have a problem. I mean I love your Storrecer. I've been there so many times.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm glad you like my shop. The problem, though, is that I'm fighting some kind of nuisance of a bug. They're tearing up my entire newspaper collection, bit by bet. I'd hate to have to call an exterminator, so I started with y'all got it.
Speaker 3: We can definitely head on down see what we can do. Hopefully we can just get those critters relocated out of your shop.
Speaker 5: Mister Winslow, Oh that would be great.
Speaker 3: We'll be there in about thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: If that works, I'll be here. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Ally, You're welcome. See you soon. Marcus Gabe, are either of you free to come help me with a call?
Speaker 5: I can Ali, just give me a minute to finish up here.
Speaker 2: When we made it down to this old book, we were greeted by a friendly old man at the door. The building itself was an old brick structure right in the center of downtown. I'll never forget the smell of old books we were greeted with when we walked through the door. It was a mix between paper, leather, and cedar. Anytime I opened a worn out book, it still brings me right back to that place. Old mister Winslow took slow, careful steps with his cane until we reached a glass case in the back of the stoor. The case reached all the way to the ceiling, with sliding doors on either side. It was packed with newspapers and old articles, some dating back over one hundred years. And wow, did we have our work cut out for us. Turns out the entire case was infested with cockroaches. Swell you too, I'll leave you to it.
Speaker 4: Just holler if you need anything.
Speaker 5: Okay, thanks mister Winslow.
Speaker 3: Marcus, this is the most cockroaches I've ever seen in one place, not to mention the biggest I've ever seen. Lee, tell me you brought gloves, got you covered alley? And I guess we just we just load these guys up in a box and bring them elsewhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess, so let me try on id them. Aha. They're Madagascar cockroaches. I should have known because their size. The good news is that this type of roach only bites when they feel threatened. We just need to move slowly and carefully. The bad news is that we just can't release them anywhere. I mean, they're originally from Africa.
Speaker 3: Humh well, where do we bring them once they're packed up?
Speaker 5: Lots of people have Madagascar cockroaches as pets. Definitely not the p for me, though, But they're easily tamed. Let's take them to totally Frog that pet store down the street. Oh yeah, the owners of that place are so nice. I'm sure they'll find these critters a good home. But what are we supposed to do with all these old papers? Most of them are torn to pieces? Hmmm, good points. Excuse me, mister Winslow. What would you like us to do with all these papers that seemed destroyed?
Speaker 4: Just awesome? It's a lost cause. To try to piece them back together. Feel free to keep any that you won't though they're no use.
Speaker 5: To me, now, okay, mister Winslow.
Speaker 6: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Ali and I spent the next two hours carefully sorting through the papers and gathering every last cockroach into the bin I'd brought from h Q. We were just about finished when we discovered something we were never expecting.
Speaker 5: Marcus, take a look at this paper, Endangered Enterprise a ward's professor Roger Anderson the Award of Excellence and Geological Research.
Speaker 3: After all this researching, we found this here.
Speaker 5: This is crazy, you're.
Speaker 3: Telling me, Marcus, Take a look at that pile of papers we just threw in that garbage back over by the door. I'm not so sure this is a coincidence.
Speaker 2: We sifted through papers for a few minutes, and lo and behold, we pulled out ten pages that had a headline saying something about endangered enterprise, endangered Enterprise funds research, endangered Enterprise saves, critically endangered a kikiky bird, and the list goes on. And the reality was these cockroaches were most definitely put here on purpose to destroy evidence. Someone didn't want us to find out any more about endangered Enterprise. When we made it back to HQ, we planned our next step. Although all the articles about saving endangered species we're fascinating, the real golden ticket was the article about Professor Roger Anderson.
Speaker 7: Guys, great work today. We finally have something leading us in the right direction.
Speaker 2: Thanks to you.
Speaker 5: I'm just glad we noticed. Ali's the real ones to thank for that.
Speaker 3: It was a team effort. But mister Luke, what's our next move? What do we do with all this?
Speaker 7: This person right here, Roger Anderson. If we find him, we get our answers about endangered enterprise.
Speaker 3: Well, let's just see what pops up when we search his name. Then let's see Roger Anderson. Huh. And that was easy. Look, he's a professor at the community college.
Speaker 5: Isn't that where Gabe's sister goes. That place is only ten minutes away. Tops looks like.
Speaker 3: He teaches geology one oh one on Tuesday night.
Speaker 7: Well, guys, I guess I'm going to class tonight. Time to pull out the old college sweatshirt. I knew I saved that for a reason.
Speaker 2: As mister Luke packed up for college class, the rest of us closed up the critter queue for the night. We were so excited to finally feel ahead of the game. But like all our other challenges, Victor von Smog and his accomplices were working day and night towards their worst plan yet. If only we would.
Speaker 6: Have known, Becky, I mean agents.
Speaker 8: Yes, what is it?
Speaker 6: Come help me with this contraption. I'm too big, too fit under this thing, and I can't connect the batteries.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, give me a second. Where does it connect?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Zip bottom left? Attach it to those loose flyouts.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 8: Oh man, so you have me on a timer or something.
Speaker 6: We are on a timer. This mission launches in t minus two days. I don't have time for your attitude or your questions.
Speaker 8: You know, I could just go off and start my own mission. I'm sure the boss says something for me to do something without you around, preferably fine.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, now I need you. Okay, this won't work without your help and you know it.
Speaker 4: Fine.
Speaker 8: Apology accepted. Now just start treating me like a real agent and we won't have a problem.
Speaker 6: Dad okay, no more, daddy, daughter. Then you call me Smog and that's it.
Speaker 4: Deal.
Speaker 8: They're done. Anything else, No.
Speaker 6: But you'll be happy to know I solve that problem myself today. Oh did you just a few hundred cockroaches and that collection of evidence is destroyed.
Speaker 8: Well, I give it to you. That's one way to use one of their precious critters against them, endangered enterprise. In the dark, we can keep this plan on schedule
Speaker 6: Exactly, my dear, exactly