Speaker 1: On Monday, President elect Donald Trump will be sworn in as the forty seventh president of the United States. The inauguration will officially mark Trump's return to the White House after losing to Joe Biden in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: By the way, the event.
Speaker 1: Has been moved indoors due to defrigid temperatures forecast in Washington, DC on Monday. The last time in the inauguration was held indoors was back in nineteen eighty five, when Ronald Reagan was sworn in for his second term as president. Meanwhile, six of Trump's big office nominees faced Senate confirmation hearings this past week. Some of the candidates included Pam Bondy for Attorney General, Marco Rubio for Secretary of State, Sean Duffy for Transportation Secretary, and John Radcliffe for CIA Director. The confirmation hearings were off the contentions for many of the candidates. Take a listen to some of the sound front Wednesday, when Pam Bondy sat down before the committee.
Speaker 3: Are you prepared to say today under oath without reservation that Donald Trump lost the presidential contest to Joe Biden in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Ranking member Derwin. President Biden is the President of the United States. He was duly sworn in, and he is the President of the United States. There was a peaceful transition of power. President Trump left office and was overwhelmingly elected in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Do you have any doubts that Joe Biden had the majority of votes electoral votes necessary to be elected president in twenty twenty You.
Speaker 4: Know, Senator, all I can tell you as a prosecutor is from my first hand experience, and I accept the results. I accept, of course, that Joe Biden is President of the United States. But what I can tell you is what I saw first hand when I went to Pennsylvania as an advocate for the campaign. I was an advocate for the campaign, and I was on the ground in Pennsylvania, and I saw many things there. But do I accept the results, of course I do. Do I agree with what happened, and I saw so much. No one from either side of the aisle should want there to be any issues with election integrity in our country. We should all want our elections to be free and fair and the rules and the laws to be followed.
Speaker 3: I think that question deserved a yes or no, and I think the length of your answer is an indication that you weren't prepared to answer. Yes.
Speaker 1: I try to keep my cool and all of this. I don't like having our time wasted. The Democrats in this particular situation look utterly pathetic. It's the year twenty twenty five and you're talking about election results from twenty twenty. Clearly there are millions of American citizens.
Speaker 2: Who believed it was rigged. Do I believe they were wrong? Yes?
Speaker 1: Do I believe that Trump lost in twenty twenty fair and square.
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Do I believe that Joe Biden won the election.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I also believe that most people didn't vote for Joe Biden. They voted against Donald Trump, just like I don't believe most people voted for Donald Trump in this election against Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: I believe they were voting against woke culture. Period. That's how I feel.
Speaker 1: No matter what your feelings are, you want me to tell you the idiocy of what transpired with some of the Senate confirmation hearings this week, particularly with Pam Bondy. She was an attorney representing Donald Trump in twenty twenty election interference in Pennsylvania. Why would she admit otherwise she's working for She was fighting against the state of Pennsylvania about the election in twenty twenty. That's what she was doing. Why would you even ask her that? And why would we sit up here now with her in line to be the next Attorney General for the United States of America and ask her about whether she believed he truly truly lost in twenty twenty. Clearly she did it she was representing him, or even if she did, she was willing to make an argument.
Speaker 2: To support his point. If she supported this point all of.
Speaker 1: These years, why would she come up on Capitol Hill and say.
Speaker 2: Otherwise you knew that, you all saw tone deaf.
Speaker 1: That's how you're coming across if you're a Democrat.
Speaker 2: Because nobody cares about that anymore. He's about to be sworn in as.
Speaker 1: The forty seventh president of the United States of America.
Speaker 2: Period he was impeached twice, they didn't care.
Speaker 1: It was thirty four felony convictions on a hush money trial that everybody was saying, what's the difference between him going through his lawyer to pay us money to a former poet star, what's the difference between that and an NBA.
Speaker 2: They thought it was rigged.
Speaker 1: They thought the Democrats would use a law fear to keep him out of office because they couldn't beat him on their own, and then he showed up on an election day and showed them they couldn't beat them. You would think, in the face of all of that, you would be quiet, or you would strictly stick to the questions pertinent to an attorney general.
Speaker 2: But they sounded like they were still.
Speaker 1: On the campaign trail, talking to constituencies, in front of mass rallies, spewing the rhetoric that would dissuade them from even thinking about Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: No, the election is over, he won, you lost.
Speaker 1: Here's a better question, and this one is for the Democrats as opposed to them asking the questions to the other side. When you're gonna get a candidate that can beat them, and in him I don't mean him literally because he ain't running for office again.
Speaker 2: I mean JD.
Speaker 1: Vans because the way y'all look up on Capitol Hill, it's so sad.
Speaker 2: You gonna get JD.
Speaker 1: Vans elected and you're gonna have a whole bunch of Conservatives winning these elections because they're looking at you with your.
Speaker 2: Head in the saying not embracing reality. You lost.
Speaker 1: Nancy Beelosi's not gonna show up to the inauguration final at least she's consistent.
Speaker 2: She doesn't like she doesn't want to be there.
Speaker 1: Michelle Obama's not showing up to the inauguration, Fine, no problem, she doesn't want to be there. Their positions are consistent. Joe Biden called them a racis. Now you're working with them, Kamala Harris said a whole bunch of things about them.
Speaker 2: She's gonna be on that stage. Y'all tried everything.
Speaker 1: You lost, and the inability to accept the fact that you lost not just the White House, but the House and the Senate as well, and the inability to look at yourself and to see how tone deaf you are and how annoyed people are at the fact that.
Speaker 2: You are that way.
Speaker 1: Let me tell y'all something, looking at that for what it is. You're going this way. You're going this way. Folks are tired of it. They want the economy addressed, they want our border security address, they want the streets of America safe.
Speaker 2: That's what folks want.
Speaker 1: And if you want to look at him as a criminal, you know what the right said, you know what the conservative said, the hell with it.
Speaker 2: He's still a bit closer to normalcy than y'all. That's what they're saying. That's how they're looking at the left and knowing this. You showed up in.
Speaker 1: A confirmation hearing This wasn't Haccept that you're talking to with allegations about his sexual behavior or whatever the case may be. This wasn't Gates, who you absolutely despised and you didn't want an office, and that was.
Speaker 2: The right decision.
Speaker 1: By the way, this is her Pambondy, whose qualifications nobody questions. All you're doing is show on the same level of desperation your show.
Speaker 2: To with Trump, and he beats you anyway.
Speaker 1: Until you learn to live with it, all of you Democrats on Capitol Hill, until you learn to live with that reality, you're not gonna resonate with anybody. A matter of fact, you're gonna lose a lot of people. Because I ain't about to call myself a Republican and I ain't about to swear to you that I'm gonna vote conservative and Republican everywhere down the line. But I will say this, I've got no problems avoiding supporting you based on what I'm seeing.
Speaker 2: It's utterly ridiculous.