Speaker 1: Joe.
Speaker 2: Austin Reeves clapp back at Draymond Green a day after Dre made huh, oh, Dre, what was it?
Speaker 1: Oh? Austin Rivers.
Speaker 2: Austin Rivers clapped back at Draymond Green after Dre made disparaging comments about Rivers' career.
Speaker 1: First, Rivers responded on.
Speaker 2: The Dan Patrick Show to what Draymond said about Current said, it's ridiculous. Draymond has such a high IQ. That's a big part of his game. It's how smart of a basketball player he is, so it bewilders me that he even thinks like this. Draymond responded, Austin, you and I averaged the same amount of points in high school. And I say high school because that's when you're at your best. You read he really talk about my NBA career. I received the biggest bail out in US history prior to President Trump. Bailey got the airlines when his dad gave him forty two million dollars. Damn well, Now, Austin shot back, You're the luckiest basketball players I've ever seen. You were drafted to a franchise with the Hall of Fame office, Hall of Fame coach and the greatest shooter of all time, perhaps the top five, another shooter, a Hall of famer, the Swiss Army Knife himself, another Hall of famer, not to mention, one of the most lethal scorer of all time, arguably top ten player of all time. And Kevin dur Red, the same guy you chased off because of your mouth. You talk too much. You are a backpack jump shooter. You're the guy everyone leaves open, no one guards you. Then hours an hour of the film of you being left open talking about Steve Kerr hinded your career.
Speaker 1: Steve Kerr major career, Joe got damn man.
Speaker 3: I hate to back and forth like this, you know, but hell, both of them may have a point to some degree, Uncle Ojo, you know, but I think Austin Rivers he does get a lot of flag behind that contract he got when he was with the Clippers because Doc.
Speaker 1: Was the head coach.
Speaker 3: And yes, I do think Draymond benefited from playing with Claint Steph Hill. I think everybody you know kind of understands that he's seen a niche, He's seen a role that he could take, and I mean he played it to the best of his ability. Bro. He started his role. I don't think I wouldn't slight one or the other. I thought both of them. I mean, obviously Draymond being a Hall of Famer, but I think Austin had a decent career. Bro I thought he had a decent career.
Speaker 2: He played eleven years. Yeah, everybody gonna go to the Hall of Fame. Everybody's not gonna be an All NBA player. Everybody's not gonna be an All Star. Everybody's not gonna win awards. We understand that somebody, some guy's gonna have better careers. It's all about the situation that you end up in. Now, some guys, you take a Prime Time or Lawrence Taylor, you talk, you take a Jared Rice, you take a random most there are some guys it doesn't matter where you put.
Speaker 1: Them, They're gonna be what they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, some guys Shannon Sharp has to go to the right situation, take advantage of that situation and t.
Speaker 1: But when you look at it, though, look, look look at this.
Speaker 3: They arguing or they going back and forth, like both guys were elite. Meaning when I say elite, hell, it's only four hundred and fifty guys in the NBA. Oya, you know, that opportunity. That's for the one percenters.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day, they both won percenters Like, I don't understand the back and forth for the you know, bickering about whose career is what. But you're right, Uh, hell, everybody ain't gonna win no title, everybody ain't gonna be no All Star. But the role that you get on the team, man, play that motherfucker to the t.
Speaker 1: And I'm trying to do so.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to figure out. Draymond said he could have had a bigger role at the expense of who's there. You're gonna have a big offensive role with KD. Clay and Steph Okay, when when you were there with your Stephan Clay and I said this, I said with Steph suffereder had a lot of ankle injuries early in his career.
Speaker 1: That was your opportunity. But look though, think about it.
Speaker 3: If Draymond is a score that shit, don't mess with Clay and stept It doesn't, Bro. You can't have five guys out there who think they're finna get twenty plus points a night.
Speaker 1: It don't work like that.
Speaker 3: Somebody has a sacrifice and play another role and play that to the t. Yeah, that would be nice where you play where you have great offensive outputs versus you know. But for the most part, man, we didn't need we need you to play make we need you to be an emotional leader to do exactly what you need it. Bro, that's all they needed. They got four titles out of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, damn. But but.
Speaker 2: It's a situation sometimes, Oh Joe, and you got this. In our sport, sometimes even when we have a lot, we think we should have had more. Yeah, yeah, man, oh you're probably thank it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Look, if I could have just had Carson my first couple of years I've had like, don't get TJ right away. That means I've been by myself that have had to throw me one hundred and thirty one hundred and forty targets a game. That's about one hundred catches a season.
Speaker 2: Man, I could have had me ab So instead of having seven hundred and sixty five, now I got a thousand catches. Instead of having eleven thousand yards, now I got fourteen thousand yards. Instead of having sixty seven sixty eight touchdowns, now I got ninety. Yeah, but everybody ain't meant to have a thousand catches at the receiver position everybody ain't meant to have.
Speaker 1: I was like, so, I'm like, but but.
Speaker 2: The question is, Okay, let's just say for the sake of argument, guys, Draymond is right, he could have had a bigger role in scoring.
Speaker 1: You still think they win four championships and Draymond.
Speaker 2: Scoring more and doing less of what he already does because I don't see him being being being able to score and now all of a sudden he's given us fourteen points a game and still be able to do what he's doing. Do you think so? Do they win those sports championships if Draymond has a bigger role in the offense.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, man.
Speaker 3: I think you no no what they needed what he brought O Joe.
Speaker 1: They needed that bro.
Speaker 3: They needed him to lock in, be a hell of a defender, be that guy you know who we could rally around if things weren't going right. Yeah, he may, he may jump out there and get him a technical foul, you know, to kind of try to turn the ties of the game. Things like that. That emotional leader. They needed that. He's the only one who could play that role. Steph can't play they couldn't.
Speaker 1: Play that role.
Speaker 3: They can't see he couldn't play Clay and Steph roll and here they couldn't play his Because I'm gonna tell you something, there was a lot of times when Draymond Green wasn't playing you it was noticeable. It was noticeable.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's not a lot of chat out there on the court, you know what I mean. And I think you know that that hurt the Warriors to some degree. They need him, They needed him to win.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: You think about how good they were, right yes, before Clay got there, talking about Clay before Cared and got there offensively.
Speaker 2: Well, I think Clay and still Clay and Draymond came at the same time. Clay was the first round pick and Draymond was the second round pick. If I'm not mistaken, Yeah.
Speaker 4: But I'm just saying, even with hypothetically speaking, when Draymond was that defensive prowess and and he wasn't an offensive juggernaut, and hypothetically speaking, if he was, they were still winning because he's just adding to what they already do. Well, right, you know, I mean, just it's just it's not his game anyway, but just just just the thought of you got Clayker score, you got goddamn Stephanie score. Then you got the centerpiece who's running the offense. And then he he giving you that that that different mentality defensively too, and he giving you points.
Speaker 5: I mean that's as me personally.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is that they are learned early on what he might not be able to score.
Speaker 1: See, I don't want you. Don't tell me what you can't do. Tell me what you can do. I can rebound, I can defend, I can run your offense.
Speaker 2: Okay, Dennis Rodman, he can play hello and defense, he can rebound the basketball. Son, anything you give us, we gladly point total. So we know you're gonna give us somewhere between fifteen and twenty rebounds on a nightly basis. We know you're gonna pustle and play your ass off. So instead of they found out what Draymond could do extremely well and not like well man, but but if we got if we could get him to do this and get him to.
Speaker 3: Do that, because what that energy and effort can oh show, y'all know this, that's a constant bro. You can do that every damn night. Yes, you and you ain't got to have no off nights with that as far as you know offensively shooters. Hell, sometimes you make shots, sometimes you miss him. But that guy who brings that emotional edge every night, we're gonna win more time than not with him.
Speaker 2: And and and the thing is that, Draymond, the role you served made you a couple of hundred maybe a quarter of a billion dollars when it's all done. The role you've served, Yeah, four championships, two gold medals, and you're gonna have a jacket one day yep in Springfield, Massachusetts.
Speaker 5: Well maye, it wasn't been fun to be a score man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm sure there are a lot of people that would like to trade places with Draymond Green.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure something like that.
Speaker 2: He won at an extremely high clip. He got compensated. He won championships, and he's going to the It's not like you know what, you know what, Let's see, I didn't win, you won, Well, I ain't win no championships.
Speaker 1: You got four deepens? Is the player of the year.
Speaker 2: You've been an All NBA player, you've been an All Star medals as a second round pick.
Speaker 1: Who had this?
Speaker 2: Who had all of these ondon on Draymond Green's card the guy in the second round. He's gonna be a four time champion, he's gonna be Defensive Player of the Year, he's gonna get two gold medals. He's gonna be an All NBA player, he's gonna be an All Star, and eventually he's gonna end up in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Who had that for a second round pick?
Speaker 3: Hell, I don't know. He might be the only one. Okay, Oh, Joe might be. He might be the only one.
Speaker 1: M A. And he knows if like Yo Kic, who had who had this career? For Yo Kichen?
Speaker 2: They thought so much of yo Kic when he's getting drafted. They cut to a Taco bell commercial. That's how much they thought of him.
Speaker 3: Hey, but you know what, Jokic's first couple of years in the league, he wasn't. He wasn't nothing like this here nothing quiet but you no, no, no, But Nurkic was together. They got up off Nurkic. Yeah, they got up off Nurkic.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then now they said, okay, go do what you and they're like, hold on, you've been high all this, hey, listen.
Speaker 1: Yo, hold on?
Speaker 3: Who knew who knew he could do this, because if you knew he would do this, and we've been playing nurkic. Hey, Look, don't let Draymond fool y'all. He understand that his words carried weight. He knows that he understands the success that he's had in the NBA, and uh, you know, he understand that his opinion is back. And in that aspect, that's why you see him on this podcast and he you know, he lets you know how you feel like look.
Speaker 2: And this is his opinion. And I'm not here to say his opinion is wrong. But it's hard for me to see him in any The question is he goes and be a score at any other team, what's his what's his career looking like? Because I'm a firm believer when you're not that Steph Curry, you're not that Lebron and Kobe and Mike, Larry Magic.
Speaker 1: One of those type of guys.
Speaker 3: Situations where you go back, Yeah, there's some players that supersede.
Speaker 2: They can be anywhere. Magic Johnson could have went anywhere. He gonna be Magic Johnson.
Speaker 1: They're gonna win.
Speaker 2: Larr Bird could have win anywhere. There are certain players that they had great careers, but they had to go to the right situation.
Speaker 1: Dremond, you and not one of those guys.
Speaker 2: It is what it is. I ain't got ad it is what it is. I went to a team. Only two teams. I was one of the three teams had it the command Washington, the Chargers, and the Broncos ran the he back position. I went to one of the three teams that had an All the tight ends got hurt during the season. I'm playing age back at two hundred and seven, two hundred and nine pounds. Draymond went to a situation tremendous IQ. He understood situations. He could rebound the basketball, he could defend at an elite clip and guess what. Look at the connection that he and Steph had. Yeah, hey he'll get the ball. Hey set the pick, leave the ball right there, Stell, come off the pick, lamp flight. Yeah, he get the rebound. No, Steph gonna reset, step in the reset in the corner. Don't worry about it. I'm looking over there, passing behind his back. Here come Steph in the corner. Oh yeah, he mastered that.
Speaker 3: He mastered how to play with Steph, how to maximize, how to maximize his potential playing with Steph meaning getting Steph off, making sure he getting easy three point them, making sure he coming off these hard ass screens. I'm sitting so I can get him wide over because ain't nobody guarding me.
Speaker 1: He mastered that.
Speaker 2: Ain't a whole lot of guys think about it in the history of the game, guys that played like that. Reggie Miller move without the ball, Ray Allen, move without the ball, Rip Hamilton, move without the ball.
Speaker 1: And now you got Stephan Clay.
Speaker 2: You played with the five guy you played with two or the five that played without the ball. They ran and there you set picks for him.
Speaker 1: The boys did it at the elite level.
Speaker 2: Yes, So what if you play with a team that don't run guys off picks?
Speaker 1: Right? You better have it.
Speaker 5: You better have tools in your toolbox.
Speaker 3: He better be getting of a thousand jump shots today.
Speaker 1: So that's that's the thing.
Speaker 2: I look, Dre, you got an unbelievable career, bro. I can see if you had an injury and you said, you know what Joe Steph is probably got said, man, just imagine how many points I could have had if these ankle ends didn't creep up on me and caused me to miss so much time. And you know I missed the season with a torn with a torn what he dislocated?
Speaker 1: Is there? Boy?
Speaker 2: He broke his wrist, he broke his ris Man, I got twenty plus thousand points, But where would I be that situation is? It's hard for me to imagine that. Steph's like, man, yeah, I read off all these pick but I could have did.
Speaker 1: So much more. Yeah, I could have been so clear. I could have been with James Harden. I could have been with Luca dray mind.
Speaker 2: You went to the perfect You could not have landed in a better agree And think about it, Steve Kirkins, thinking about what what what you were doing before Steve got there. I don't think people understand that Dan drafted me, put me in a situation. Boom numbers here, Wade Phillips came brought Jim Fossil risk, Jim Fossil Soul took me here. Then Mike comes in with the West Coast and I go to a different level each step. Yeah, you got to a level. I'm not so sure that they that they could have that you would have gotten to that level without Steve Curry and without that system with those two splash brothers. It doesn't diminish you. You're an integral part. I don't think they win no championships without you. As great as they shot the ball, they're not winning without Draymond. He was the heartbeat of the team. Was he the best player, No, he was never the best player. But he was the most important, agree, because he did all the grunt work. He did all the dirty work, all the rebounding, all the enforcing. Yeah, he did all that, all the hard screens.
Speaker 3: And I think Kurt the one really put the ball in his hands because he took the ball out of Steph Curry's hands. This when when when Steve Kerr got there, is when you started to see Steph seemed like he running two miles on every plane he I'm doing. He just zooming through the you know what I mean. But outside of that, at first, you know, he was a pick and roll you know, a dominant point guard who handled the ball a lot, ran a lot of picking rolls. When Kerry got there, everything kind of switched up. And I think he played in the Draymond's favor too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was more of the point. He was the point forward. Yeah, and and and Dre. I'm looking at that jump shot. I don't see fifteen points the night with that jump shot. I'm just I'm just I'm just saying. I'm just saying that with that jumping baby, baby, if you sell foot and you ride the basket, okay, But but at that jump shot, Dre, I don't know if you got fifteen points a night in there with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But look, look, and I agree with you. Joe Austin. Austin Rivers had an unbelievable career eleven years. Draymond is what is what year is it for Draymond?
Speaker 1: Fourteen?
Speaker 3: Fifteen?
Speaker 1: So this this is fifteen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn okay, co Clay came after, So Steph was Yeah, I said, well Clay came before. Steph was first, then Clay then Dre. Okay, Well who's the first round pick with Draymond? No Harrison? Remember Harrison? Yeah yeah, yeah he won a title with them, Yeah, Harrison Barrs came okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I'm like, Dre, go home and look at them.
Speaker 2: Rings Man, when your daughter, when your kids meet you at the door, say he let me, let me let me refresh. Yeah, exac cute, yeah, the ex I mean, look these days, these days, not anytime. If you're not just heaping an effusive praise and he said it, he's saying, look, Dramond's IQ is one of the reasons what makes him so spectacular, and it is but Ojo and I'd have ran into it Ocho and I might say one hundred good things. We say the guy dropped the ball and then oh, now y'all hate that. Oh man, bro, we've been talking good about you all year, but you dropped the ball in a crucial situation. Now you mad at you and I because we pointed it out.
Speaker 1: Ye'ah, I know how I go. Man.
Speaker 3: You know some of the A some guys can't take constructive criticism.
Speaker 2: But they don't ever. They don't never say A. They don't never DM me or DM O your A. Man, y'all stop keeping that praise on us. I don't I don't need all that. I don't need y'all to talk about how good I'm playing right now.
Speaker 1: Don't do that. We don't never get that. Nah.
Speaker 2: But the minute we say, hey, bro, you gotta make that play, that was you loafed on that play Because.
Speaker 3: Hey, y'all know, criticism weighs more weighs a lot.
Speaker 5: More, especially and depending on who come here to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, look you got that's your uncle Ocho, both of y'all Uncle badass, tight end, uncle, hell ofver.
Speaker 1: I mean Ocho and hell of a receiver. Yeah.
Speaker 3: When them guys hear stuff from y'all, these other receivers, yeah yeah, they take they take.
Speaker 1: It to heart.
Speaker 2: Time told me that he said it's gonna be the hardest thing. He'd say, he'd say, he's a he's a. He says sharp. He said, you gotta understand, bro, you gotta you gotta gold jacket, and you got championships. So the things that they used to used to use against players that didn't have a gold jacket or didn't have championships, they can't use against you. So I'm like, when guys say, oh you hate okay, I need you to tell me what I hate knowing because I don't know if you check my I hadn't updated it in a while, but I don't know if you changed it.
Speaker 1: I'm good. Hey, I left the game.
Speaker 2: Every record that a tight Inca had it was in Glennville, Georgia, rob a freends, all of them, all that have have been broken. Okay with that, but for a seventh round draft pick out of an HBCU to have every record that a tight end could have, I think I did pretty good.
Speaker 1: Ojo came out of Liberty City.
Speaker 2: Nobody thought Ocho was gonna end up what he did, but he turned into a six time Pro bowler, All Pro, a top fifty player in Cincinnati Bengals history. Hey, I think we kind of know what we're talking about a little bit. A little bit, so you can't make everybody happen. Okay, Ohio state wide receiver. Ojo and Joe just brought his dream card. He is even eligible for the NFL until the next draft. Just five months away from turning twenty one years of age, Smith picked up a twenty twenty six Lamborghini was starting at two hundred infil a quarter of a million, which pocket change when you consider he's one of the highest paid NIL athletes in the country, with evaluation of four point two million thanks to deal with Adidas, Red Bull, Lululemon, and Nintendo. O Yo, Joe, if n IL world round when you was in college?
Speaker 5: Yes, what you hap?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna lie. Let me tell you, I'm gonna have me. I'm gonna have me some fly. See when I was in college, y'all know what came out. What came out was some expeditions and them navigators. That's what came out when I was in college. It was the hardest thing.
Speaker 5: Hey, Joe, remember remember Excursion.
Speaker 3: They had just came out around that time, like two thousand and one, two thousand, so everybody was getting them. But yeah, hey, hey, o Joe, you're making four points some million in college. Hey, get your little years a little lambo or something. Boy, Hey, I probably would have me something like that now. Yeah, I ain't gonna act like that. Hey, I'm just about to turn twenty one, and you mean boy, I'm going to get Yeah, I'm like, hey, all out Jeremiah Ship, Hey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what what you're getting out?
Speaker 1: Gonna put the thing on there? Hey?
Speaker 2: Hey, you know I had a little Sup. I had a little Sup bro hooked me up. I had a three hundred of z X. You know what I'm saying. Teacher, You know, te tops, you don't. You don't have a little thing. Did my senior you had a three hundred bans You.
Speaker 3: Know, you imagine if imagine if you were making if you had four million on your own you making Oh.
Speaker 2: I had a sports car? Oh yeah yeah, holdo. You know back then those big five sixty Mercedes was out.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah body five hundred series.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, probably something like that because I ain't really know. I ain't really know nothing about no little like a you know, I ain't had never seen a Ferrari up close in person, never has seen Lamborghini, so I probably wouldn't. Probably got uh you know what was out too. I rocks E's remember I rocks. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I think nowadays you got so many of these young cats driving these Lambos and Rose Russ's hell, you know these kids see all that, they want that big, they won't that, yeah for sure, Lis and all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, what you getting on?
Speaker 6: Yo?
Speaker 1: Hey you died in Miami. Oh you know you you at Oregon, So you at Oregon State? What did you?
Speaker 4: I still got that Miami mentality and don't be having that kind of money. The first thing I would would have did, being a little shorty, being a jit, I would have got.
Speaker 5: Me a Chevy.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, you get the don't.
Speaker 5: I'm getting here? Don't seventy three convertible top?
Speaker 4: You know on some alles that that's just the mindset, especially when I got young, where I wouldn't be choosing you know, nothing foreign but my first car.
Speaker 5: I would want, I want, I wanted damn Chevy. Yeah yeah, boy, yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: Hey, I might to get me something I ain't, might give me something to path for it. Hey yeah, but hey, that's gonna be the first cause the first part we'll go. Hey, man, Porter definitly getting you're getting out of around four box.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, boy, these kids balling out of control.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, hey, they need some real help and guidance too, bro, because you know the stories that I hear about guys coming out had that n I l and they seven figures to the tax man. Think about it, though, Think about it if you come from you know, family whose parents never had this type of money.
Speaker 1: Hell, it ain't just you spending you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but just thought.
Speaker 5: I'm just I'm just thinking about that.
Speaker 1: Boy. You can't imagine in college of.
Speaker 4: The many me pulling up to the game and god damn Chevy boy with that old trick daddy playing that two thousand tricks.
Speaker 3: Hey, I know what, I know, you have that flip you have that flip park playing on that thing on Joe?
Speaker 1: That who that flip flop paint that remember that? Remember that that Phil?
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, I will have mind that bowling ball. That thing gonna be looking like the bowling ball. Shine on it.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey, I know I know one thing. When you get your ass on their feeld, you better be cutting up.
Speaker 5: Oh you know how you know I'm gonna cut up Joe. You know I'm gonna cut up Joe.
Speaker 1: I ain't.
Speaker 5: I ain't got no choice.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's the one thing you gotta understand as a young player. Hey, it's good to have all these things, you know, these materialistic things, but don't forget.
Speaker 1: Don't forget why you're here.
Speaker 5: Now, how you got it, and how and how you go.
Speaker 3: Don't forget you lose their edge, that you lose a little bit of that drive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, you know back of hey, I pull up to the game and had that little three hundred seat. You do after the game, old lady, you know getting you know, I had to go shower. You know I can take no shower. I had to go back to the doors. Then we go out get a little to eat.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know ball a little bit little what bro head up?
Speaker 1: Hook that bag up? Four ms bro in college twenty years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going here here, you getting out of getting getting them giggles pride care here you to go the rhymes, you know little something man?
Speaker 1: That was who?
Speaker 5: Man? I still man, I'm thinking about it too, bro.
Speaker 1: What do you think about it?
Speaker 5: I mean back then and you know, you know them.
Speaker 4: Let me just say the d boys, you know the boy had them chevyes and them goddamn dudes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were cutting up, I said, man.
Speaker 4: Boy and them for them for for super Duty f F four fifties and three fifties.
Speaker 1: I thought about getting what you call him that shall be?
Speaker 2: Yeah that yeah, you was. I war test drove. That's the only car ever teest Droe. I was like, man, I might get this thing here. Shelby, that shell be Yeah.
Speaker 4: The one from the movie going to sixty seconds Now, it's a Shelby.
Speaker 1: It's a yah. Know what they're talking about.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, okay, okay, yeah, now I ain't talking about that.
Speaker 1: I ain't talking about that. I think you talk about that Eleanor though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Illinois yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: That mustang.
Speaker 2: All right, it's time for our final seven in the evening, It's time for q at A before we get to the super chat. We got five video voicemail from my discord.
Speaker 1: Let's take a listen, O Joe, what's good with y'all?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 8: It's fall out media. I'm back here again, man, unc Joe. I'm mad in the motherfucker. Oh y'all, I'm.
Speaker 1: Mad, man, I'm mad.
Speaker 9: I'm mad, y'all see Lakers locked in? Goat James, I locked in. I'm locked in me and you were here? Hey man? This was terrible, man, This was terrible, man. This was terrible. Austin Reeves. One thing about Austin Reeves so far, the last couple of playoffs.
Speaker 8: He showed me something. He's showing me something. He's not ready. He I don't know if he got that dog in the month. Do we got that dog in the monk? What's going on? Ojo Joe?
Speaker 9: How often can we allow on the thunder missing all these threes? How often can we rely on the thunder turning the ball over at this rate? How often can we rely on that I'm.
Speaker 8: Mad, night Cap family, I'm mad in the mouth. I'm mad, y'all. No, I'm mad because it's some straight up bs. This is a game. You gotta win this game. When the best team in the NBA player this bad, you gotta win it. I'm sorry, y'all, I'm just mad.
Speaker 5: I'm mad. He mad, Joe, and how you mad? You knew what you knew it out coming.
Speaker 3: Now, But they had a chance, o Jo, That's what he said. It's like it's kind of like they got teased a little bit. That's what it is. It's like, man, we played. We played pretty decent first quarter, second quarter until the last what a couple of minutes, and then outside of that, you know, you get down eight to twelve points, right, you can't come back and like like he said, hell he sees the turnovers that that uh that Shae had, who like like saying, they ain't held Shae under twenty points and I don't know how damn long. So you get this opportunity, damn you just Brun just needed a little help. He just needed some He needed a r to you know, Bill love fishing.
Speaker 5: I understand it. So he just wanted to feel good tonight. Then that's it.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean you got to know what it is.
Speaker 1: Man said, he's mad oo.
Speaker 4: I know I'm just saying. But also outside of being mad, you also you also have to be realistic, you know, going into the series understanding you know that there's a good chance you know, we might not win a game. You're playing the best team, Yeah, playing the best team out the goddamn West.
Speaker 2: So I think what Joe said that we talked about it. We didn't expect them to play this. I mean, thinking about it. You think about it, how many shots Shaley went to the line three times? Yeah, and look at all the threes, looking all the turnovers they had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they still beat you by eighteen and they only had one hundred and eight points.
Speaker 3: You know they're gonna have They're gonna have a couple of them games where they got one thirty. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know if they get they get to that one thirty week, the game need to be at one hundred, yeah, because that's the best chance to win it.
Speaker 1: You not gonna outscore them.
Speaker 4: And the funny thing about it to Uncle Joe, you just said it too, right, Shaye didn't have a huge game, you know, offensively, one of the few games we didn't score twenty. Hell he didn't score thirty, but here everybody else contributed to. Everybody else contributed to. So even if he does have off, hell, you still got to deal with everybody else.
Speaker 2: That's the that's the time that you're like, okay, Austin, to think about it.
Speaker 1: Lebron took a back seat to Austin. He took a back seat. You know why. You know why because he did.
Speaker 3: He knew it was gonna take him a little while to find his rhythm in time and after missing the first what fifteen seventeen games? Uh, yeah, he knew it's gonna take him a little while. The same with ar Bro. It takes it takes a little takes a little time. Let's take a listen to the next one.
Speaker 10: What's up o your iceho nine cap family? Hey, I want to ask what was one team that y'all had at y'all know what's always gonna come and play. You never had the word about him. He just always on his eight game and Bron and goat man. But LBJ, Mary J, P B and J Okay seeing three and I say three because we're gonna beat y'all so bad.
Speaker 1: Y'all boys ain't gonna show up the game.
Speaker 3: He said what he said, what what team or what team teammate?
Speaker 2: I think he said team? He said team team? Oh did I had? Did not know? I had to be on my best behavior gains? Oh okay, he said, what now is what team did you play that you knew you had to have to be on your best behavior gains or it's gonna be bad boy.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: I'll tell y'all it was. It had to be what twenty eleven Broun first year in Miami, I was playing here for the Hawks.
Speaker 1: Get your rest part that.
Speaker 3: They gonna try to embarrass your as brun Chris boshte Wade. They just had a squad. They had guys. They just had guys who knew how to play bro and they were hungry. They wanted to win. That's that's that's when Broun was talking about not one, not two, not they were hell They were hell boy.
Speaker 1: I Uh.
Speaker 2: Kansas City, Yeah, Kansas City was always tough. They always had they were They didn't have.
Speaker 1: Offenses like they got now, like what they had when they had.
Speaker 2: Preached Homes and Trent Green and all those guys, and obviously when they had obviously not with my homeboy, but their defense was upstanding. They were unbelievable. And boy, them two guys they had rock Kevin Ross and uh alvon Lewis, and then they got Carter and they got Hasty.
Speaker 5: They were right there, James Hasty, and they got d T.
Speaker 3: And Neil they had them. Guy, oh man, they were hel You had to be, you had to be on your best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were pushing your cheap shot again.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm, who you had o, Joe shoot me, especially during that time in early two thousand, bro. Sure, the only thing I can think that was the goddamn Ravens and Steelers. And then you know, hell ain't. I ain't got damn behaves, you know, my crazy ass, you know, sending gifts, talking talking, trashing the media just to make it excite and take some of the pressure off the teammates. So all the pressure was on me, you know, all y'all got to do just go out there and play. You know, everybody aiming to hurt me, everybody aiming to kill me, So everything should be easy for you, the boy. Them goddamn games there, boy, Joe, I had to bring an extra chin strap.
Speaker 2: Joe, it was like that. He said that he said, they asked teammates. The chatter said, he asked teammates.
Speaker 5: Oh, he said, teammates.
Speaker 1: You ain't got to worry about what teammates got.
Speaker 5: God damn TJ Boy. Yeah, God damn TJ. Brock.
Speaker 4: He show you ain't got to worry about it. He's showing up to everything. Yeah, no, madame circumstance, win lost, draw.
Speaker 5: T J, t J Boy, TJ with Boy. He was a real deal boy.
Speaker 2: Oh seven, I played with seven and then uh Baltimore had to be fifty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mine would be oh four five Phoenix playing with Nash.
Speaker 1: He a little joke on special Boy. Yeah. Yeah, yeah he was special o Joe.
Speaker 5: Yeah he nice on that, on that, on that pitch.
Speaker 1: Tore he is.
Speaker 3: That's what he grew up playing that summer. Yeah, that's how his footwork got nice. I caught ray when he was young. He was hungry. All he talked about defensive player of the Year. I need that, man, I need to be the best. I said, bro, these are some of the things that you need to do. This's some of the things you know, how you need to conduct yourself. I said, it's hey, it's there. I said, you got the talent I said, but nah, I mean there's one thing to say you want to be that. There's another thing to go out there and take the step necessary to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, the way the way I saw him train and the way I saw him grow and once we because my first year there, he ended up being Defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: Same year he was MV Super Bowl m v P. It was over. I said that, I said, our I was telling somebody say, they don't even realize what it does. He was the wrong guy to have that level of success, I said, because he won't rest now.
Speaker 5: M H.
Speaker 1: I said, he gonna want it. He's gonna and that's rare.
Speaker 5: He he's going to get it. He's going to get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's rare that you have guys with that mentality. After they win, they exhale. But you got some guys after they win, they want more. Yes, that's all he was like. Bro.
Speaker 2: I was like, bro, bro, enjoy that. Bro, we just wanted the Super Bowl. You defensive player to your Super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 1: He's like, say, I need it. I need He's like, shit, I need another one of these things, man, I mean all the greats. He's like L T and Reggie and this what man?
Speaker 2: They got multiple I said, bro, Bro, you five years and then think about it. You five years in the league, you're first Team All Pro, You're Super Bowl MVP and your dp O.
Speaker 1: Why l no other player got that resume.
Speaker 5: Hey, well that's funny. That's funny.
Speaker 1: Damn. All right, let's take a listen to the next question.
Speaker 6: What's up, unk Oltro. I saw big fan of you, guys. I'm from the Caribbean, from Grenada to Big exact. I've been watching the show for the past two years now, you know, or maybe three. I have been here from the beginning. I'm always watch you guys. Every night. Show is full of laughter, full of fun. Every time I'm in the kitchen preparing my lunch. Always that is my go to, especially you know, the stories, unk stories and so on.
Speaker 5: You know, appreciate you guys.
Speaker 1: Fly fly.
Speaker 3: All right, yeah, man, support, I don't know a whole lot about Grenado. Anybody eve been to Grenade?
Speaker 5: Uh huh?
Speaker 3: He be a very way you ain't do is Oh yeah, yeah, I guess they it's they're known for like spices and stuff, right, I think they're like known for like cinnamon, nutmeg or something.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm trying to think of as an athlete. Now he's from Syah. Now, Anthony Nasty. Anthony Nasty, he's the head coach of Florida swim team. I think it was the Olympic Olympic swim team coach too.
Speaker 7: Okay, see I know a little something whatever. It's known as the Isle of Spice. They're known for like spices, cinnamon, nutmeg, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: But I've never been to it. I'm going to an island.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, maybe maybe a long hour.
Speaker 2: Well what you know about the blowing is like te what nothing I know about? Oh boy, budget, that's Drake. The first thing you do, we go somewhere. Man, let me get all along out of one that way. Let me go ahead and get too, because it's gonna probably take you a while to get back over here. I ain't ever had what Joe, Yeah, Karate James. That's who's from Grenada. He want Olympic, he want Olympic gold Miller the four hundred went the universe of Alabama. Now I knew it was somebody. Uh from Grenada. Uh, let's take a listen to the next one.
Speaker 1: What's up Outo and still king Ice on the building.
Speaker 11: I just got a good question for all y'all, Joe be from Atlanta myself, what's your favorite moment being Atlanta Hawk playing for them? Like anything could be anything in the game whatever. Oh Joe, I got a bone to pick with you because when you listen to your receivers far receive workshop room, you did not mentioning Drake Lennon, You did not invite him something to stay curious on. What is your beef for Drake Lennon. I get the factors of our low market team, but Drake Lennon, it's a top ten receiver in the league, and I'm very curious and pull up the stats for him just in case he doesn't know because Ocho doesn't watch the Falcons.
Speaker 1: Trust me, I know.
Speaker 11: And the last question for you is what's been your hardest moment since recording Nightcamp and Joe not paying him that five hundred until he admits straight Landon's the top five receiver.
Speaker 1: Ash pull up the stats. Uh.
Speaker 3: One of my favorite moment being an Atlanta Hall, it would have to be we were ac playing the Boston Celtics, who was a one seed who ultimately went on and win the title of the year. We took them seven games. They didn't win a game here in Atlanta, Fellas.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: I've never seen the arena like that ever. Like I'm talking about to where when you're talking to yourself, you can't even hear yourself talk.
Speaker 1: You can't even you know what I mean? Like it was. It was crazy in there. Bro Oh Joe, Why aren't invite that man?
Speaker 5: I invited everybody. I don't know what the hell he's talking.
Speaker 1: About, y'all to I don't even know about top ten.
Speaker 4: I don't know what they talking about either, especially that part. But you know I don't I don't disrespect nobody. I just I just let people talk.
Speaker 5: You know. That's the city, that's his team. I like Drake.
Speaker 4: London, really good player coming out of the USC Good dude, good dude, real good dude.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: People talking about what's the what's the toughest the toughest thing I went through since I started recording night Cap. I know a lot of people think it's the situation that I had uh last year, But I've had some private battles that were even tougher than that, And I'll just leave it at that.
Speaker 1: Here's that next one. What's up, fellas? I just wanted to say, what's up? Checking in? Hey?
Speaker 12: I know I'll be doing a lot of talking about the night cap outside.
Speaker 1: What y'all gonna do next?
Speaker 12: Y'all need to line up the baton cages pool and throwing darts on the next one. And unh you always talking about you was shooting up your knees, your ankles.
Speaker 1: Your back. It's trying to shoot up man.
Speaker 12: Don't shoot that knee up and don't get out there man and shoot that next episode a night cap outside?
Speaker 3: Man, please out brod damn the six and six weeks away from fifty eight. I tell y'all what I'm gonna put down a mean demonstration on you boys again, not on darted, darky pool.
Speaker 5: Joe, hold on, listen, you definitely definitely not in that bad please.
Speaker 3: You already said you can't hear eighty five. I know I can hear eighty five.
Speaker 5: No, you cannot, Joe?
Speaker 1: Right, all right?
Speaker 4: What Joe, okay, listen, listen to me listening all joke decide when the last time you've been in the back.
Speaker 1: In a while.
Speaker 3: But my hand, that coordination is great. I got you, No it's not.
Speaker 1: I don't know it. No, it's not.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna tell me what my hand down coordination is.
Speaker 4: Joe, do you understand how fast eighty five miles is. Yes, you not your hand eye coordination unless you played at the highest level. I'm telling you it's not you not beating you not beating me in darts or pool or ping pong. Hell, you not even beat me your own goddamn sport.
Speaker 3: The hell them arguing you and uncle can't even see so I know y'all can't beat me in dance.
Speaker 1: How y'all gonna beat me at Darce? Hold oo oo, got that birky out. I'm go on. How the hell I can't see? Cut your right eye, Cloudy, I.
Speaker 5: Done did well. All my life was just one eye.
Speaker 3: That's when you were young. Though you were young, vibrant you, you were booming.
Speaker 5: You ain't I'm still Joe. I'm still booming, Joe. I'm still I'm still vibrant, Joe. Ain't nothing changed, all right?
Speaker 1: Man, we get out there there talking about man. Y'all out there going against the syclops.
Speaker 4: Not just any sideclops, one of the top sexiest sideclops alive.
Speaker 1: Man, you're not, y'all we got one more? Uh?
Speaker 2: Do y'all remember the first time you had to fire somebody? How did it feel? And what did y'all learn from it? Joe, you ever had to fire something? Hell, I don't put no emotion into it.
Speaker 3: It is what it is. It's gotta happen. He either you an asset or your asser liability. Yeah, got to go period.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm trying to think, Well, since ass do all the hiring, she responds me for determination. No, No, I'm well, Look, I mean I've changed agents or changed attorneys and stuff like that, but it's it's a part of it. But I'm talking about somebody that actually worked like day to day operation Club Sha Shane Nightcap or something like that. I've been blessed that I haven't had to. Uh, hopefully I don't have to. I think we have great I think the people that we have working in these in this space, they enjoy being here. They work really hard. They understand a lot of them came from Fox and they understand my work ethic. They understand what we what I expect of them because they see how hard I worked and they know I expect them to work equally as hard. So I've been very, very fortunate to have people that I think we pretty much had the same I mean, obviously, yeah we did. We had to find a couple of reducers.
Speaker 3: Think about it a well, me running this yoga studio, I had to I had to find a couple, uh, couple yoga instructors. I mean, you know, they all independent contractors. So it ain't like they they solely worked for Io Yoga. They work for other studios around the city. But if if I got students coming to me, or or clients coming to me and they complaining about you and the same complaint, heah, yeah, you gotta go.
Speaker 4: Right damn, Joe, you will find me if I work.
Speaker 3: I get your ass out of here as soon as you came in. Hey, if I got if I got a young lady, a young lady, tell me, oh Joe, he been, you know, he been, he been real flirtatious this day and the third. Because that's the one thing with one thing toler you know, especially if you're a man in this industry.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, you ain't going to be putting pitching woo on my owner because its dominated by women.
Speaker 3: And so if guys come in and can't control themselves. And that's the first thing I tell you, bro, your ass gotta go. If I get one complaint, you gotta go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, damn, what is she?
Speaker 1: Oh Joe?
Speaker 5: You know they be coming on to me, Joe that.
Speaker 3: Hey, well a a you better act like Ray charl.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I can't do Benning like that. Bro, Oh Joe, you had to find somebody on yo.
Speaker 4: Uh No, I ain't really had to find nobody off. I mean, you know, cutting people off. I mean that's not really not really firing. No, they ain't on my books, yeah, or nothing like that.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I ain't never really been been in a position where, you know, I got to, you know, let somebody go.
Speaker 2: All you gotta do is just work hard, because I mean, look, I ain't. I ain't looking over your shoulder. I ain't doing all that. Yeah, I ain't trying that.
Speaker 3: I got too many other things. Ain't trying to micro manage. No, damn body, I ain't trying to. You just you said you can do it. I hate that you said you this what you can do. Oh yeah, I've done this, that's why. Oh yeah, how long you say?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yeah, I'm see now actually saying. People chat GPT so they feel like think they done did all this and they get there on the job, it ain't doing nothing. And then I'm gonna chat GPT this resignation letter. You gotta get up out of here because we don't. We don't because the thing is, at the rate we're moving, we don't really have time to train you.
Speaker 1: Either you can do it or you can't.
Speaker 2: And you know we hey, this stuff live, maybe you get a little bit more leeway with a club sha shape because but when we live.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, Joe, now that I think about it, Joe, you know I love I love me some job boy. I thinking about a you might you might want to hire your boy. Come on, hide me give me a little.
Speaker 3: You know you already said you can't be still, and you can't, so I already know you ain't even in for the running.
Speaker 1: I ain't even got you in. I ain't got you you.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, you heard what I'm just saying. Now, come to work, be on time, you know, be professional, but.
Speaker 3: You you ain't gonna have no passion for orr. You already told me you can't be still. You you don't like Yeah, I ain't gonna waste no time with your partner.
Speaker 5: No, no, yeah, So I'm trying. So you say, fun support black. I'm trying to support black. Blinch. You don't want to get a brother?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't do it. Partner he either either. Hey, I told you either your asset or liability partner.
Speaker 4: I definitely ain't. I'm asked to the coming. Yeah you can have me on the corner with a sign. Yeah yeah, yeah, I'm yeah, Okay No.
Speaker 2: Brendan McGovern said, oh, you and Skip appeared on truth or DAP and uh and you were asked who you ever listen to? And you said will Kine? What is or was your beef with him? I ain't got no beef. I just didn't not interested in anything that he had to say.
Speaker 1: This be what's up? Night cap? Love to show yo?
Speaker 5: Unk.
Speaker 2: Where did you get the random knowledge from? Do you read a lot or is it just life experience? Some of it is life experiences, but I did. I mean, I love sports and I'm just a sponge normally if I read something, if I see something, yeah it's there, it's there.
Speaker 1: And you know, my grandfather was you know, like I said, we was computers. We used the cell phone.
Speaker 2: We was the what they call that thing notes where you're like, you tell your phone something and it remind you. That's what we were for bartiy porter, Hey, tell them boys your address, tell them boys your phone number, and then we'd have to read, have to regurgitate it to him. But I've always been like that, always, and so it serves it serves me well to be able to recall things, especially in the debate format, because when you debate, to be able to recall things. And like I said, plus, I'm old enough to remember because a lot of stuff that we're talking about, yeah, happened in my lifetime, but I'm old enough to have seen it.
Speaker 1: Seen Magic Johnson, seen Larry Bird.
Speaker 3: See said woa whoa whoa wo wo y'all talk about this x y Z blah blah blah, I said, y'all, do realize in that first championship Bird wasn't.
Speaker 1: The finals MVP. What corn bread?
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all know he had a game in which he scored eight points, But that ain't none of my business.
Speaker 1: I don't even know why.
Speaker 2: I right, see what I'm saying, Hey, to be able to recall stuff like that, and but so, yeah, it does serve you well, especially in a debate format. I think that was one of my biggest assets, is that being able to debate studying and.
Speaker 1: Watching what I did.
Speaker 2: Because the first two years, I would do the show all two and a half hours, and then I would go home and rewatch the show m hm. And I remember having my agent called me. Marvin's like, what are you doing. I said, I'm rewatching the show. He called me like a week later to rewatching the show. Call me a month later watching the show. He's like, how long you think you're gonna be able to do this? I said, he said, you'll burn yourself out. But I wanted. I wanted to be great at this because I know I was the first to do this on a daily basis. You know, you normally the guys come in and do a segment. If it's a basketball guy, he do the basketball segment. It's a football guy, he do the football segment. It's a baseball guy, so forth and so. But I was gonna be there full time. I was not gonna get off a segment. So I had to re immerse myself and to make sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, Jamy was good here, but ooh, you could have gotten right here. Don't be so pay let him finish this point. You got it, you got it, spring the trap on it. And so to be able to recall that information, Man, it really serve me. Well.
Speaker 2: I do miss that sometimes I do miss like having that word. Ojo got his flag planning here, I got my flag planning there. Okay, debate, yeah, yeah, real, real, real debate. Trey Tyner, f what OCHO have been talking about? Can't say nothing about broad A thirty two year old Lebron is getting this thunder team out of here.
Speaker 3: Oh he's saying when Brown with thirty two? Oh yeah, yeah, he gonna put up a leaf forty five. Yeah, he gonna have a couple of games.
Speaker 2: And they and they singing like this with no double. Oh yeah for sure, for sure. Man, listen, he getting a game or two. I think we get a game two, you know, Uh, okay, see always clamps ar series over with for real. If they don't find a way to score, excuse me, aar gotta find he'll be better.
Speaker 3: I think he'll be better, y'all. Gotta know he went to uh, he went to college in Oklahoma. He played the University of Oklahoma. So it's like, yeah, and he's from Arkansas. That ain't nothing but like a two hour drive from Oklahoma. So it's like he at home. I feel like he gonna I feel like he's gonna play a lot better. He gonna pick it up, man, nightcapam. All I know is twenty eighteen.
Speaker 7: Broad wouldn't stand for this, and hey it's twenty six Come on, man, can we can we move on?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 5: We got we got we gotta keep roof reliving. You know what it used to be and you know.
Speaker 1: The funny time just live song away.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey boy, Joe, I got a song boy, you got to hear boy? Hey man, listen, hold on. I wrote I wrote it down in the thing.
Speaker 5: Hold On. I wrote it down. It's called You and Me Rocky Robins, Rocky Robins. I don't know if y'all ever heard it. I don't know if y'all ever heard it.
Speaker 4: It came out in nineteen eighty, the song You and Me by Rocky Robins, and he got another song called after Loving You.
Speaker 5: Joe O mind, it's like that, Joe. I'm you know, I'm a sucker for eighties and nineties music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I know about all of it.
Speaker 4: I ain't never heard this dude before, and I thought I knew everything when it comes to old screw music. Boy, this one here, hey chat, listen to that song man after Loving You, and the other song is You and Me by Rocky Robins.
Speaker 2: Manh Cinco de Mayo Sinko o cho Oh Sinko de Mayo Sinko the Ocho Prime lost the tie.
Speaker 1: I'm mojo Jojo Okay, the Today's the Model.
Speaker 5: Yes, damn, I don't have missed all this out. I mean I don't even dream.
Speaker 1: But still, yeah, I should have went out there and got me I love talk.
Speaker 4: I should have went and got a little taco or something, some uh chips, tortillos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ain't gonna even lie. I ain't know.
Speaker 3: I ain't know today sinkle to mile neither. My lady came home. She like she was like, you know today sick.
Speaker 1: I'm like, man, I ain't what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ain't know either, Joe until little just brought it up. Got man, we celebrate. I mean they got so maty holidays. Now the holidays just run together. They every other day.
Speaker 3: Not only that, when you don't done so damn much of your lifetime boy, you've done so much damage.
Speaker 1: He's like, damn, I can, I can? I can stand in the chill out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Would you rather be an n NBA m v P but never making finals or bench woman with five rings who never played a single minute?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What hey, look, I ain't gonna lie that's easy. I want to be involved. Yeah, I want to be involved. I don't want to sit at the bench and and and and collect the wards. I want to be out there in the action.
Speaker 12: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Boom boom room doctor doom hawah en goons, bring out the brooms. Sweep coming soon, Okay, seeing folk the clutch god. Jared Allen's only six y nine. We think he's taller than he is. He only well, he played like he was five nine tonight.
Speaker 3: He got that long ass reach too, Hey, Joe, only like they just like they just walking around like you just walking inside and see somebody sick.
Speaker 5: Nine mm hmmm hold on, Yeah, that goddamn k was so smooth a night, bro.
Speaker 1: But hey, Joe six foot nine with a seven five?
Speaker 7: What I'm saying, so he might as well be seventy to seven might as well be Do you understand how long that how ridiculous.
Speaker 3: People don't understand that. They can't even understand that. I think it is for guys like us who played the sport and you've played against guys like that, You're like, damn, this joker got some long arms.
Speaker 1: Oh love it show. Are we sure James Harden is a better one on one player than Alan iverson Joe? You played against both of them.
Speaker 3: Ai was slithery, he had a nice left to right crossover and.
Speaker 1: He can man. Listen, Hey, both of them were bad, but I loved Ai.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 3: You know I'm talking about from the time I caught him at Georgetown alway through the proo. He was He was one of those little dudes and you like, ain't no way when he gets to the pros he gonna be able to do all this.
Speaker 1: He did that and some man, hell here you saying that man just just a hell of an athlete. Bro.
Speaker 2: Nice, Uh, mister sharp, You have to start listening to your co hosts when they're talking or trying to talk.
Speaker 1: By guy.
Speaker 2: We know you're the Boston signed the checks, but you have to start allowing your co host to get a word in or seven or seventy. So now I'm doing a three hour show. It ain't nobody talking but me. Hey, hey, hey, this y'all could play. O Cho was sitting there last night. Oh Cho, say something, O Joe, blink if you were trouble. Oh Yo, do this man? Oh Yo, don't say nothing. Oh Yo don't know nothing about basketball now. Oh you're don't talk enough Joe Man, Hey man, come.
Speaker 6: On, Joe.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You ain't gotta agree with Joe. They're gonna never be satisfied. So guess what we're gonna do. We want y'all to keep on watching, and we're gonna keep on doing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and hey, I do no basketball fellas. Hey, yeah, I forget what what night that was? I will I forgot. I knew exactly what night they talked about. One night bore, I ain't. I ain't know what the hell y'all were talking about. Boy, what they said last night?
Speaker 2: Because they had twine, they call you froze on, They say, man, Oh Joe, just blink if you're in trouble, if somebody got you hell to geinst your wheel, just blink two.
Speaker 4: Times, hold on it. When it came to the next boy, I was on fire. Boy were they talking about?
Speaker 2: Oh Joe they've been trying the first of all, it was man, you remember what it was you ready call man man trying to steal real from O.
Speaker 1: Joe got up for rail It's always something.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 2: That's why, Hey, okay, go have the show. Because he keeps ringing rail on. Well that's want to put on Okay, fine, I ain't got no problem with it. That's his camera, that's his land. But they were they always try to create something. He did turn and try to turn around and say, Willie, they've they've been No, it's not y'all try to create a situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah mm hmm. Hey, hey, well we gotta we got to get camp body on her b.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joe, why you do no? Stop? No know, hold on show me.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you something. We can have it.
Speaker 4: We can have another show right under the umbrella of Club Sha right or nightcap.
Speaker 1: But well umbrella be saying media yeah.
Speaker 4: Under media right like a like a like a give me give me an idea, you know, a couple like a couple of things like.
Speaker 2: Well, we had one of those shows and then like a month after we launched the show, you broke up.
Speaker 5: Hold on.
Speaker 1: Show just like what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Hey, but that didn't have to break up, that ain't had to do me that could have kept going though, you know it couldn't. No, no, well, hey, let's say we can relaunch it.
Speaker 1: Job, No, we could relaunch it.
Speaker 5: I'm ready to me Cambo.
Speaker 2: We were gonna leave let cambody fitness without because we don't want we don't want nobody to think you tried to throw shade or try to put throw something it. So we're not gonna do that with you.
Speaker 5: No, no, but no, we're good. Were good though, you heard me, you heard me over there. Oh yeah, we're good. We good like that. Yeah, we're good.
Speaker 1: Lower you're good. Yeah yeah yah yah yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Hell hell, all three of us, It could be all three of us. Lord that mercy meet me real and Cambodia and and like a whole lord.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah he you know he along not hey, hey, Joe, media enterprise. That would build somebody else.
Speaker 4: I mean we're grown, were grown, and it would be like it could be like a conversation, like the experience, like what it's like to date someone.
Speaker 1: That cheats him? Yeah, I did what you're saying, Oh Joe, Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know you know a little different topics that are interesting that nobody know.
Speaker 1: O Lord, that mercer.
Speaker 2: When you think about that, say, oh Joe, you pregnant or got covid? Joe, he's still cod.
Speaker 5: Hey, And when y'all make me.
Speaker 3: A little bit, give me a little bit of yeah, yeah, yeah, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Man. I told y'all, y'all it's gonna be gone, Joe.
Speaker 4: It has been like, ain't no, it's going out. But hey, listen, you made me laugh.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is when it came back that thinks, circle back on your ass.
Speaker 2: Both Donovan Mitchell and Bam out of Bayo or A hundred thousand percent champions. Every time they go home to their girlfriends, Coco Jonas and good Yes, yeah that they got they got great they do. But when you play in a professional sport, that don't matter. No, ain't nobody coming to see them because of they significant others and bless them Cocos unbelievable Asia.
Speaker 1: We know, hey, when she's all said and done, she's probably right now.
Speaker 2: I say she's the greatest, gonna be the greatest woman's basketball forever. But they ain't got nothing to do. Were talking about basketball. I want to know what they're gonna do. I'm not looking when I watch them play. I ain't thinking about the other and that's not a knock.
Speaker 1: But I like to support that they show him though I do too. Well.
Speaker 2: Maybe Agent might need to get out there and help Bam not getting because they they ain't going nowhere suit so.
Speaker 1: Well. They might need to trade for KD. They've been wanting to get KAD.
Speaker 3: You know where you might be on the something who they giving up though, they giving up a hero, Tyler Hero.
Speaker 2: They're gonna who They're gonna want whoever, They're gonna want wear and they're gonna want Tyler Hero.
Speaker 1: If you won't, Giannis, you're gonna have to give up both of those guys if you can. If you can hold on the wear though, I'll hold on the where damn no no no no no no no.
Speaker 5: No no no no no no no. It is dumb ass, like always going out.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm a die hard Eagles fan and Knicks fan. When the Eagles won the Super Bowl, when the Bowl in twenty seventeen, Philly erupted, and Philly and New York will erupt just like Philly.
Speaker 3: Yep, well, New York will go on. I'm telling you They're not add a National Guard out that man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh say the grad Draymond tried to be slick. He went to high school and then bypassed college. Forgetting that.
Speaker 1: The fact that River stayed one year at Duke and led his team in scoring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he had a hell of a year at Duke and he made that clutch ass shot against North Carolina.
Speaker 1: You remember that. Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, that's the biggest rivalry probably in sports.
Speaker 1: It's one of them.
Speaker 2: I mean, you got Alabama, Auburn, you got Michigan, Ohio State, you got North Carolina, Duke, Green Bay, Chicago, it's up there. Cowboys, Washington, Yeah, for sure, Pittsburgh Ravens, shut the Pope up. Is Joker on the Denver Mount Rushmore Yeah yeah, yeah, Well you got seven Yeah, I think, yeah, you have to be because nobody from the uh the Rockets have won a championship. So I think him seven man with three m VP hockey probably I would probably say probably Joe Sackett from the Abs, probably TD. Yeah, yeah, I would go, I would go.
Speaker 1: I would go.
Speaker 2: I would put sack because I mean, Forestburg was good. Forrostburgh was good, Patrick Wall was good. But I would go Joe Sackett seven, yoke teacher. Can the Knicks keep up with okay, see in a potential finals, Man, that'd be a great matchup.
Speaker 1: Brunting, I mean brunting, and but they got guys that can throw it.
Speaker 2: They got guys, they got hard, they got og, they got Michael Bridges, they got guys they can throw it. They got guys that can rebound. They got cat that could probably offset a lot of what what Shade does. They got Mitchell Robinson that can bang. They got the other kid that they brought in. It'd be a great matchup we might get. That'll be great for basketball. Them two teams can make it to the finals. O we the Raves will be through the roof. Oh yes, Lord, because you got New York. Oh my goodness. I'm not a guy that I'm not a guy that minds flopping all that much. But Sga overdoes it. I mean he was trying to ever play tonight, even on passes. I still got Joki as the best player in the NBA, even after a bad series. I understand what he's saying.
Speaker 3: I thought early Shade was a little over zealous with some of the excessive flailing that he was doing, but I got him as MVP.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe.
Speaker 2: Maybe I missed it, but I haven't heard Spirit Airlines represented say a damn thing about the airlines being shut down. Where's that accountability for Americas abandoned out their money?
Speaker 5: Oh your yeah, I wasn't money. Everybody gets a refund, especially if.
Speaker 3: That refund you shut down. I'm the airport you shut down. Damn a refund.
Speaker 5: Well, if you get the refund, you get booked with another flight.
Speaker 1: No, I no, no, no, see that's inconvenience.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: Listen, man, I'm already pissed off about my goddamn airline being you know so, I mean, I've been doing well.
Speaker 5: I've been coping.
Speaker 4: And you know, the only airline man since nineteen ninety two has never had.
Speaker 5: A fatality, never had a crash.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: Despite what people may say about you know, customer service and the fights, you know them, you know them throwing your luggage off the plane and stuff like that, we never had an issue.
Speaker 5: We're gonna get you from point a.
Speaker 2: They have an issue. You had enough, not enough people book flights. That's the issue you had.
Speaker 5: No, it ain't. The issue we have is the goddamn goddamn fuel prices.
Speaker 1: Okay, guess what we need we need we need to bail out.
Speaker 2: No, no, but whoa, whoa, whoa How you taking tax American tax pail money and bailing out?
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, they take out, they take take taxpayers money for everybody.
Speaker 1: Woo my money, No no, no, no no, give me my ish back, give me my tax money back.
Speaker 5: It's all Hey, this is all good. We'll be back and we'll be back stronger than ever.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have two kids going on the field trip tomorrow at the same time.
Speaker 2: Which one do I go to? Rain lightning or no, it's thunder Lake of the home in four. You got two kids on a field trip at the same time. Which one does she go to? Or egos?
Speaker 1: What they doing?
Speaker 5: I mean, boy, borl girls.
Speaker 1: Now you said he got two is going on the field trip at the same time. Do they go to?
Speaker 4: That matters depending the boy would understand me going going with your salf I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with your sister on a on a trip.
Speaker 1: That's a good Joe.
Speaker 3: Uh. I mean we need a little more contact. I mean it's just you ain't telling me what one doing or what the other doing is Just.
Speaker 1: If field trip. What are you doing? I'm saying what we're going on? The field trip might be some cool stuff. You might be Okay, you going to this. I'm going to the zoo.
Speaker 3: Now. I like going to the zoo. I don't know about your going to the aquarium. I'm going to the zoo. I'm going to I like I like to see the animals. Bro'm I'm a I'm a huge fan of the animals. I love seeing animals.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, hey, I'm going one of us. Hey, mom, you take it off a day. You take it off if you're working a half day tomorrow and you're going to you're going to on the field trip with.
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: All right? So, oh, Joe, if you could make a dream movie, what would it be about?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: Five active actors? Is dead or live? Would you started it? Five?
Speaker 5: Five is too many? Five is too many?
Speaker 1: But give me a Roco. I want a Rollco romantic comedy.
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: How many? Who I won't acting in it? Yeah? Yeah? Who you wanted? Who you wanted your dream movie?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Gotta have Eddie Murphy. Bro mm hmmm, who are your movie? Oh? Yoe?
Speaker 5: Shoot, hey boy, that's a good one right there.
Speaker 4: If anybody gotta gotta you know, as an actor that's gonna play me, they probably have to be Tyrese, probably a sap.
Speaker 1: Well you won't get that A step up with you what.
Speaker 5: I mean obviously got to be someone that look identical or somewhat like me. I mean, that's that's that's me.
Speaker 12: That's it.
Speaker 5: Maybe uh boo king Woodbine. But what type of movie? I don't know for me my personality, it got to be a comedy. What you could you put? You put me in something serious?
Speaker 1: Boy like you know, I'm what you call him my mother? Yeah, give me Denzel or Samuel Jackson. You can't go wrong. But yeah, Denzel, I mean.
Speaker 2: If Denzel get if Denzel get on anything. I mean I saw the first movie I saw Denzel.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 2: He played h Bico about band to Stephen Bako in a part time Africa. Uh he was and ended up killing Basically he was a very similar situation to Mandela and Denzel don't do noing.
Speaker 1: I wonder and one is he gonna make another Equaliser?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 1: You like you like all three of Yeah, man, he'd be killing them to me like he'd be killing TV show.
Speaker 5: Speaking of Denzel, y'all seeing a new Man on Fire on Netflix.
Speaker 1: I have did you like it? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got I gotta, I gotta check it ain't denzil right the last wishes I.
Speaker 13: Wish you had had more Classic cry Freedom whoa be Eco?
Speaker 1: Keep on Marchin y'all? I got that on DV. You know what a laser discard joke?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 9: Who?
Speaker 1: They would their giant CDs? But they play.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, I remember that. That's back I got.
Speaker 2: I still I still be watching. I got yeah, I got I got them. I still watch something. I go home and be watching. I'll keep it all my.
Speaker 5: I don't see how you do it, bro.
Speaker 1: I got all my I got my old CDs all by old cy what what what what that means?
Speaker 5: Where?
Speaker 4: Well, when it comes to me, when it comes to detachment and having this detached from something, Joe, why do I do it?
Speaker 5: Is that some papa you think I need like therapy or something.
Speaker 3: Now you got some people were just herd us who just keep everything that they got or the head, and some people they don't. It don't make them no difference, you know what I mean? I don't know's I'm a I'm big in the sentimentality I hate you know because I look at it like, man, I work, man, do you know how hard I work with this? I mean I wanted when I saw that thing that like, it's just hard for me to get a profit. Like uh, those banging olds you remember banging Olderson. Yeah, guys, I got that five, I got the I got the single, and I got to.
Speaker 1: Want to do you but I ain't getting I know, you played a pretty penny for that. Boy. Ain't ain't the banging the banging, banging Oldson. They make they make good speakers.
Speaker 5: And oh bang, oh okay, yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Uh they used to. They started that.
Speaker 2: They had a thing that you could put the CDs in there and the CDs will play.
Speaker 3: It would play the CDs. Uh uh your DVD excuse me, d v ds Uh almost like a speaking of CDs. I used to have that big booklet back in the day with all your CDs and there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I got here right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey, I wonder, I wondered what I think.
Speaker 1: O Joe.
Speaker 3: I had a couple of bookis boy, I had some Yeah, but I got him in that ladder right up.
Speaker 5: I had a nice had a nice damn in alphabetical order at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what Yoe Ice sold y'all should make a Big three Big three basketball team team nightcap.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna play again.
Speaker 4: Everybody else, come on, let's do it because you know you know I'm gonna I'm gonna give you.
Speaker 1: Hey, we need you, We need you to play your role now, o Joe, we need you to play your role. We know you're gonna give us gonna be like Kyrie. I'm gonna that. We don't need that. We don't need Kyrie on this team. We're good.
Speaker 5: Well, who who the hell gonna steal the ship?
Speaker 1: Because un listen, you just y'all just get me the damn ball. That's it. You ain't worried about.
Speaker 3: Joe said, y'all rebound and let me do the risk. I need you to hustle and play defense.
Speaker 4: Oh Joe, hustle that he that Hey that I'm I'm I'm hustle. Man to Joe, I'm gonna be I'm gonna be in the Nigga ship. Boy, you ain't getting you ain't getting he he Hey, Joe, I can slide these puppies like the other boy. Hey, they used to They called me Fred to stay on the guy.
Speaker 3: Hey, and when we pass it to you, we need you to make your damn layups. Okay, no, no, no, no, When you passed it, you your.
Speaker 1: Pass it back.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: So do shooting sleeves actually help your shot? Or is it just it's dripped? Man? But it's dripped.
Speaker 3: But it's a lot of cats who uh you know, got that burst and secon what is called bursts?
Speaker 1: And and I had I had one.
Speaker 3: I've had elbow surgery. So some of us really needed but some it's just an accessory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just Hey, I told the story. He actually needed it because he versa and so he put it on there and keep cut it down if people thought he would. And now it's a whole trend.
Speaker 1: It's versus it was.
Speaker 4: It was like big and like yeah, like you he falling on that turf, you fall in the right place on that turf, and that thing up every time I hate a Joey feel funny when you be walking because oh your sinco sink on the Mayo.
Speaker 2: Okay, see window, it's still Lakers and five though. Nah, but we're gonna get a game.
Speaker 1: I know that.
Speaker 2: By being Star Wars week, would y'all be a red Lightsaber Sith or any color lightsaber Jedi night.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna lie, don't know nothing about there on Star Wars'.
Speaker 1: I ain't that big. I guess I want to be a Jedi. Oh, Joe, what do you know about? What you know about Star Wars?
Speaker 5: Shoot?
Speaker 1: I know, I know Yoda?
Speaker 5: Huh yeah, yeah you think that, Artie?
Speaker 1: Why yeah rt D two rtdo Darth Vader. Oh yeah, we all know.
Speaker 5: A Skywalker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we all know about your same Princess Leo. But I think I'm gonna be a Jedi. I want to be a Jedi.
Speaker 5: I want to be I want to Beatchwbacca.
Speaker 1: Okay, you could beat Youwbacca.
Speaker 2: Why don't people talk about how good Walter Peyton was when mentioning great running backs, because a lot of people don't remember when Walter played. How many games were they playing back then? Well, originally they were playing fourteen, then they moved to the sixteen.
Speaker 1: What is that now?
Speaker 3: It said what they're trying to put it seventeen about to be eighteen. So all them little records that was going on back then, people breaking them? Oh yeah, what why don't they mention Walker broke Ojay's record. I think he right for two What do you ruight for two seventy three? I think OJ had the record. I think Walter broke it on war broke it on Thanksgiving. I think, well Walter ping was nice for and then Corey Dillon ended up breaking it against the again, I guess against who the Broncos.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I wasn't there, so I was Dylan was a bad boy, wasn't a man?
Speaker 2: And then Jamal broke it because Dylan went for two seventy eight, Jamal went for two two ninety five, and ap went for two ninety six.
Speaker 1: But I think I think Walter had two seventy five.
Speaker 2: I think Oja had two seventy three and Walter might have had two seventy four two seventy five. Oh Jo, appreciate that song suggestion. Here's one y'all and ladies, oh honey by the delegation, Oh.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. I'm a a hold on man.
Speaker 3: That complete this episode of Nightcap. Want to thank each and every one of you for joining us tonight as you watch The Thunder and the Detroit Hoole Servant Home Take one O Leeds The Thunder one one O eight ninety over the Lakers Detroit one one eleven with one on.
Speaker 1: One over Cleveland. Y'all know who I am.
Speaker 2: I'm your favorite up and there's my partner and co host, a six time pro bowler from the Cincinnati Joe that is Chad O Jo Sinko Johnson and seven time NBA All Star from the Atlanta Hawks, University of Arkansas alum that is Io Joe Johnson.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you hit that subscribe button.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you hit the light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you guys for your support and you continue support those look at the Purchase a bottle of shave by Lapotier Hito to la Portier Kannak dot com to purchase you a bottle if one is not available in your state or city. It is a premium vsl P Kanjak. Remember we do have the og bottle which is the seven fifty, but now we have the Junior which is the three seventy five. Same great quality, same great tastes, same smoothness compared it against other kanyaks you may or may not tried, and you'll see the difference, you'll be able to taste the difference of media. Please drake responsibility and stay safe again. Start to take a one to lead thanks to a one o eight ninety victory over the Lakers. Chat Homer led the way twenty four points, twelve rebounds, three blocks, I steal did it all tonight. Hey, we got your favorite guests coming on tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Corn Bred Mack.
Speaker 2: Brand will be over with us tomorrow, Detroit taking what lead thanks to what eleven one on one victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys for joining us. We'll look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow. Night. Hes