Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central. Wow.
Speaker 2: Hey everyone, welcome to the Daily Show Ears edition.
Speaker 3: I'm Lendy Marcus, comedian, co host of The Fuckery Podcast, and today I'm here with Stan Up, comedian, the other half of The Fuckery Podcast, and Daily Show contributor Miss Leslie Jones. Welcome back. We came back to the Daily Show. It's great to be back in this building. I don't you know, you know, I love it here, but I feel like we're assassins. Now you come in and do that piece like bang.
Speaker 1: Out.
Speaker 3: And now that we've come back here, you also are returning as an NAACP Award winner.
Speaker 1: God, oh yeah, that's so crazy. Yes, I won n double.
Speaker 3: Ac Outstanding Performance in a Short Form Series from the Daily Show segment about the importance of planned parenthood.
Speaker 2: Gratulations.
Speaker 3: Come on, We've been talking a lot of stuff about like awards, and this is an important award to you and WACP is big.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's a recognition from my people. So it's like, yeah, really kind of cool, like especially on doing something that wasn't It was just off top of head like that I wanted to say about something and it enough resonated enough Yeah, to get that. The reason that I did that piece on planned parenthood. I'm fifty five years old, but when I was coming up, there wasn't you know, it's very strict about talking about sex to your children and stuff. And you know, my mom got sick and my dad, my dad didn't want to talk to me about sex, you know what I'm saying. So just to let you know that there's a lot of girls out there that's like that, you know, that don't freaking know what's going on with their bodies or what's going on with sex. There's a lot of men out there that are becoming men and don't know about stuff, and that place provides that type of information. You would not know how much they saved my life so much that I have them in my trust. That's how much I believe that that serge.
Speaker 3: It's also a very important topic to you. We came in with that and we want to talk about that.
Speaker 1: And it's still an important topic to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Jews have never given me any award once.
Speaker 1: The Jews have not ever given any an award, and.
Speaker 2: They don't even care. They're like, who know who he is? Never mind?
Speaker 3: You also got high praise from a man named John Stewart for you know, all your work here on the Daily Show. He's been impressed. I think we have a clip.
Speaker 2: What yep, by.
Speaker 1: The way, I did love like Leslie Jones, like Leslie Joke, like the energy that she brought and the perspective like weird Left. So like that studio is on the fuck.
Speaker 2: Wow like that people talking about you behind your back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's some real fucking bullshit. So y'all just gonna talk by me while I'm not there. Well, I can't defend myself. I'm so sick of it. Yet, they didn't mention you at all. They didn't love you. They didn't love you. Yeah, that's pretty cool. That's pretty that's pretty cool. I mean I do. I mean when when when is the world going to realize that that I When is this world of this industry gonna realize that I bring joy? You know what? I think. I think everybody think it's a fluke. I think everybody think it's like an act that people put on, like they go, oh, no, I'm going to go in, I'm gonna be and it's like, no, you guys don't understand that. I used to be like not a fucked up person, but not a happy one, and I had to fight my way to a positive stand. And that's just what I emulate now, I really do. I mean, I'm not saying it's always great, you know that, but you know, what I emulate was something that really had to be built.
Speaker 3: I also think that people don't understand that when you come in, they're expecting one thing, but you give them so much more than they originally expected.
Speaker 1: I give them what they see. They think they know the joke until I do the actual joke and then they go, oh, that's what we want it.
Speaker 3: But also you come in and add to the joke. It's like, you know the special sauce kind of thing. You have that as well. Not only can you execute what they give you, you had some special sauce, you know, the team comes in and there's also an energy that you bring, so like it's another it's another level. And these got some people say it this that's why I love about this building. Like when we come in, like they see this and it shows you win awards. So it's like, hey, other people out there, maybe you should figure out how the Daily Show works with you, so maybe you can recreate that for your own little environment, and then when she comes in, you can get that magic too, the way you want it and the way she likes it.
Speaker 1: And the way to create that is to like your job. Yeah. The reason I like coming here is because everybody loves their job. Everybody stays in the lane of their job and does it. Well, that's what I like. When I go to other places, they're faking it till they make it, or either they're trying to be something else and they're just doing this for right now, or they just really don't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, and you know, yeah, and they care about the world.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know all the stuff that we do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like this week you came in to talk it, you know, about giving your take on the choices we make and why they're why are they harmful to us?
Speaker 1: America is on the path to doing something really really stupid. How about for at least this election, for this one thing, Let's not do the obviously stupid thing that we know we shouldn't do. And that means you're gonna have to put in some effort. It means getting involved in the political process. It means not sitting on your ass just because you're not in love with the choices. I know you like fast food, but this time, let's eat a carrot instead of voting for a guy who looks like a.
Speaker 3: Carry Like you gotta make good choices here, people, It's not right. You can't let one third of the country just dominate. We all got to get involved in good choices for our future.
Speaker 2: So talk about that.
Speaker 3: Like you, you know it's important to you, like to hey, to be a voice to say wake up, Like I just I.
Speaker 1: Just want everybody to have some damn common Just sit down for a minute and breathe, take some breathing in and look at what you contribute into the world and look at what decisions we're actually making in this world. Yeah, Like, how do you not look at Trump and not see criminal?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Do you think it's out of the laziness or insanity?
Speaker 1: I think it's uneducation. That's what I think. I think is uneducation. And I think I think it's I think that it's what they're fed and what type of Like you could go into different states and they have different type of news media, and I think a lot of people are not being fed the right information. So it and when people say like that cult thing that it's almost like not even so much as a cult as much as like, how can I put it? It's like pieces of shit that's been doing piece of shit stuff and then a big piece of shit comes and says, hey, it's okay to be a piece of shit. Does that make sense? I can't explain that any other way, Like people feel so yeah, no, because people feel like, and I'm being really honest, like, whenever I hear white people do the oh, it's not all of our faults and it's such a guilty stance that you're taking. You feel bad. You feel bad, and that's what you're supposed to feel. That is what's called empathy. It's you're not supposed to turn it around and project it as you're fucking picking on me, because no, you're supposed to look at what we're saying because we are humans. That is the whole point of the thing, is that you're not looking at ever people as humans. And the thing that you're you're navigating and you're you're preaching is not love.
Speaker 3: It's controlled you said talking about education there, I totally agree, like a lot of people who are thinking the way they're thinking, they're just not educated.
Speaker 2: They've not been out of their little comfort.
Speaker 1: Their little bubble and see how other people live.
Speaker 3: It's when they come to New York they're like you could see it in their faces in Times Square, They're like, oh my, what is this right?
Speaker 2: Because everybody gets along? How do they all get along here? Because they do?
Speaker 1: And it's we need to look at how we feed information to people. Everybody thinks movie stars ride around in the limousines. I was talking to a guy once and he was like, well, you know, everybody in California does cocaine. And You're like, no, do you think we just go to seven eleven and get a bottle of cocaine? The fuck is wrong with you? It's almost like very scary because then that's when I look at the entertainment feel and go, hey, we have responsibilities too about what the fuck we feed people and what we're showing people. Also, yeah, I mean we're so desensitized right now.
Speaker 3: Reproductive rights, Yeah, like you're big on this, and it's.
Speaker 2: And this election is kind of like where are we headed here?
Speaker 3: If it doesn't go right this election reproductive rights, it will be him as.
Speaker 1: Listen, I don't how the fuck are we going backwards women.
Speaker 2: And how are they okay with it?
Speaker 1: I don't get that ship either, And only thing that I can think of, and please don't be mad at me, but I really don't think they give a fuck about black people, brown people having abortions. I think I think it really is about making more white babies. I just really do believe that it's one of those like, because what's the tubber feel we just need to make more babies? Like what's going on?
Speaker 2: Like what's what is he talking about?
Speaker 3: Like we need to have more babies exactly.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make sense sense at all, sir, at all, sir. And then you're talking about we need more babies, but you just voted for the what is it called IVF to be You don't want more babies, you want control. It's about control. So it's like you take away contraceptive, you take away you take away abortion, and then you make it okay for a rapist to be part of the child's life. You make it okay for for rape to not even be a big thing. So it's almost like you're saying, fuck you women, You're gonna fuck us no matter what, and you're gonna have us as fucking kids. No matter fuck what we're gonna we're putting it as a woman. That's what I feel like.
Speaker 3: I just don't understand how I don't vote to make this.
Speaker 1: But listen to the women that are for this shit. Every woman that I ever see that's for this shit be like a pick me bitch. And I'm not trying to be fucked up, but they really think, Oh, we're gonna get in good with these people. Like I want y'all to really pay attention to that. And I know I keep saying Handmaid's Tale, but think about Serena Joy. Serena Joy at one point wanted to fucking read because Serena Joy had a fucking college education. She wanted to read. And what they do to her when she read the fucking Bible, the thing that they love, They cut a fucking finger off. So this is the thing, Like, how are y'all not knowing that these things that they're doing to every other women, they're not gonna do to you. And you know what they're gonna say when the shit goes down, Oh you was for it, you knew what, you knew what this was about. Yeah, how do.
Speaker 2: We get more people involved? How do we get more because.
Speaker 1: What people need to understand is that everybody with a fucking mic ye don't need to be listened to. Everybody that's in a podcast don't need to be listened to get up off your lazy ass and stop being complacent and fucking find out the information, the real information. Everybody needs to stop listening to everybody and fucking find do the work we have We okay, listen, we the people. We have gotten so lazy and complacent and so to the point of where government will take care of it. This will be taken care of. That stuff is not getting taken care of you guys. Now the manager is evil, now, the judges are evil because we just we've just let It's almost like we owned a mind pop shop, right, and we're serving great sandwiches, and then we decided to go ahead and franchise that shit. So some places you go to them sandwiches is not as good as the original, right, do you understand we have franchised our fucking country and not gave a fuck how it's being managed, and we and we are the first people to sit and go. It doesn't affect me, it does affect you.
Speaker 3: It's so easy to turn us around if everybody would just vote.
Speaker 1: And need to understand it that it pisses me off. When do you do dumb shit like, oh, we're not going to vote on the mid mid terms. Oh we're not gonna that's so fucking dumb. It's so dumb because you're not actually doing what you need to do. Like, okay, I'll put it like this, when you get into a cog and change it. You gotta get into the cog and change it. First of all, the system that we have right now is not even be you being used correctly because everyone is not voting. Only a third of the country. I don't know how much I gotta yell this is voting. So you're not seeing complete results because everyone is not coming. You have fucking podcast. Like I said, you can stand in line for the dumb shit. You can watch reesa TISA for five hundred hours, but you can't get your fucking ass up and go and vote. And what's so even Ice as a nine. You think you're so smart and you're the dumbest motherfucker ever and you're doing exactly what they want. You pay taxes, you piece of dumb shit. You pay taxes and have the audacity not the vote. What a dumb ass. Why don't you take your paychecks, get a cash, take that cash and throw it in a garbage can and set it on fire. You might as well just do that. Yep.
Speaker 2: I mean they don't get it.
Speaker 1: I think that everybody. And like I said, education people don't know this stuff. A lot of people don't know. Like you still have the people going we should have a third party. Bitch, you haven't made the system that we have right now work. What makes you think you're gonna get it? It's just like what I say all the time, Lenny, like you're not happy where you are. If I was God, I would never give you nothing else. So you're not happy in the one bedroom and the car that you got, Why the fuck would I give you a new house and a new car so you could complain about having something else.
Speaker 2: You gotta do the work.
Speaker 1: You gotta do the fucking work.
Speaker 2: You gotta do the work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, you and I have talked politics over and over and over again, but we don't talk about it because it's ad nauseam at this point for us.
Speaker 1: It's just almost like we're beating to the fire and then the people that really need to hear us are not the ones that are listing.
Speaker 2: So the people listening to That's why it's frustrating.
Speaker 1: It's very frustrating. That's why I try to speak another language, because let me tell you why Trump is winning Trump. This is what it's coming down to. And this is really sad America. I really hope you hear this. That we are fucking shallow. See the reason Trump is Oh, Biden's the old not cool guy. Trump's cool because he has gold sneakers. You are the dumbest piece of shit that ever and I hope that you crawl the fuck back under your dumb ass rock.
Speaker 3: It's not I don't hope they crawling the dumb ass rock. I just wish they if they could just explain it. They could just be educated enough to understand what they're doing to themselves, you know what I mean. It's not that whatever, think for yourself, don't think like the sheep.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this though. Don't you think that it's more of like goes back to the racist mentality of like, I don't give a fuck as long as I'm better than a black person.
Speaker 3: There's definitely an element to that, for sure, But I think that I think you know, we you don't get born racists.
Speaker 2: We talked about this exactly.
Speaker 3: There's there's some You've lived in a place where you didn't get out much for bet you were and educated correctly. You they took books away from you that you probably could have read. They closeted you, if you were gay, they just oppressed you. And there are other places.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm saying. No, when you're talking about make America greater again, it's like, that's what you was talking about when he said that, I'm gonna be honest, I was like, Oh, he's going to bring factories back. Oh, he's going to be froms back. You know. My thing is is what I don't know what's upsetting to me people, is that if we had the food that we got the eight back in the days, yeah, and the physical regiment that we stick to today, we will be unfucking stoppable. We will be unstoppable. Why would you want to have a country that have dumb ass kids, that have dumb ass laws, that have like that, Like like now we're like third world country where people scared, people scared to come to fucking Why would you want to live in a country like that I don't understand.
Speaker 2: I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Got to go forward, people. We'll be right back to chat more with Leslie Jones. Welcome back. I'm here with Leslie Jones. So, Leslie, let me ask you a question. Apparently huff Post asked you on the Red carpet that where to blame for the political state of the country. And we're more interested in Beyonce or Taylor Swift concent than we are with like climate change, the issues of the day, abortion rights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I about that alone.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's it's a deflection. It's it's just like not wanting to do your homework, Like I want to watch cartoons. I don't want to do my homework. I want to I want you know what I'm saying. It's just not fun.
Speaker 2: It's not the fun thing. But it's the thing you have to do.
Speaker 1: But and this is what you have to that that's what separated grown people from fucking children. Absolutely, and listen, Uh, nobody wants to wash dishes, but you have to because if you don't, they pile up. No One wants to wash clothes, but you have to because if you don't, they pile up. So that's the same thing with shit that you don't take care of it piles up, and we did not. We're not taking care of our country as a people. We think and listen, I know there's somebody going but that dad, Well, where's that pause? That depending on the government that we choose. That we choose, we need to choose responsible adults that give a fuck about this country. And let me explain something to you. I have a lot of people that come up to me and go, you should run. I said, that's the fucking problem because y'all don't know the difference between an entertainer and a motherfucking politician. The reason that Trump is winning is because he is an aggressive, male, white male, heterosexual, fucking mean a man that's great with communication one on one. That's the reason Trump wins, That's the reason Reagan did well. All of them are entertainers at a point. But you need to get a politician in there that knows the fucking rules, that knows what it is good for the country, that has an even mind, that knows, like, hey, listen, I may believe in God, but listen, if I believe in God, I still believe that everybody has the right to believe in what they believe in as far as religion, and don't bring it into state because religion is not supposed to be in state. Listen, I believe in God, and I don't believe that we should be having God in state mixed. I'm sorry. I have a problem with that because people does. People interpret religion different. Some people are very religious and then some people are not as religious, and some people interpret religion. So it shouldn't have nothing to do like I put it like this to two plus two is four, but God said ad one, No, two plus two's four, motherfucker. So it's like it's like science. And then you're coming in with miracles, not saying miracles don't happen, but we shouldn't probably let them happen in our fucking state of rules. See that's the thing. The world wants to live without rules, and that's chaos. Yes, you have to have rules to have success. Like in other words, we're talking about eating after ten If I was trying to lose weight, I'm trying to have success, So why would so why would I break that rule? Why again, why get involved with someone at work? You're breaking a fucking rule. It's gonna come back in each your ass. People need to understand that there is a certain responsibility you take on as a grown up.
Speaker 3: When you say the politicians rather than celebrities. Unfortunately, our celebrities sometimes seep into politics.
Speaker 2: It doesn't mean they know exactly.
Speaker 3: And also, people who want to be in politics, they're ones that want to be make some money, they want at themselves. The good ones are the public servants. And make sure your public servants serve that public exactly whole point.
Speaker 1: And then you need to understand, and this is what I want to I want everyone to hear this very loud and clearly. All these people, all these corrupt politicians, whether they Democrat, Republican, were independent, whatever, they're all doing all this shit on your dime, on your fucking dime. Now, listen, insurrection was fucking awful. But I gotta say I can understand the frustration of thinking and believing in something and going this is not right. I mean, those people really believed what they was doing was fuck in for America. Because again on.
Speaker 2: Education, exactly what did it take for them to get to that.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly exactly so and and and listen again, let me explain something to you about laws. Don't nobody give a fuck. If you got a fucking opinion, follow the fucking law. That's what if you If you say you a country of law and order, then follow the fucking law. What are you doing? What made you think racing a capital is going to know? That's your breaking the law? So and and then fighting against law keepers? What the fuck is.
Speaker 2: Wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Just so so again, people, I think a lot of people do shit to get attention. This public shit of needing to have their opinion known comes from insecurity, comes from you need to go to fucking therapy. You need to go to therapy and tell all that crazy shit to a therapist who can medically tell you that you done lost your motherfucking mind.
Speaker 3: That is true, but definitely when you watch in the future, please understand the difference between an entertainer and somebody who is serving the place.
Speaker 1: Listen, I would do just as bad as Trump. Do you understand, because I don't understand the laws, I'm gonna shut Detroit down. If Tyrone don't text me bad, if Tyrone don't text me back, I'm gonna get I'm gonna have a whole press comment or what do they call the state of the Union. Yeah, yeah, the state of Leslie's love life. I'm shutting down Detroit, Tyrone. You know what's going on.
Speaker 3: And let me just tell you the state of the Union of Leslie's love life. I It's not once a year I hear about this.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a fucking week that I'm gonna be banning. So do you understand. I'm not gonna understand that. Hey, hey, listen, listen, transfer that money over here to treasury. I'm not gonna underst saying that you can't do that. I'm gonna not understand that. Hey, well, some school needs some money. Take that money out the treasury account, you know how, Go on Wells Fargo, sign on Wells Fargo, and go to the transfer day and transfer from that account. They're gonna be like, no, we can't do that, Leslie.
Speaker 2: So Leslie does understand. Arrest Tyrone.
Speaker 1: Arrest he did, Tyrone. This is his picture, all bulletins, all bulletins. But I just think that we're just we're just we're childish. We've had a hard ten years, we've had a hard ten years, and we're acting out. I feel like the last couple of years we've just been acting out. We're bad little toddlers that just had a hard time, and we're having a fucking tantrum. Yeah, and we need to be popped on the bottom a couple of times or either put in a timeout and to think about our fucking actions.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 3: You want the next four years to be another temper tantrum for four years and real craziness.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: No, no, listen, you not understanding. That's not what's gonna happen. We're gonna lose our country. You're gonna be fucked. We're gonna be fucked forever. If he gets in there. That this man is going to fuck us. We're gonna become a dictatorship and it's gonna be so sad.
Speaker 3: All right, as you want to say something to the Daily Show people before.
Speaker 1: We leave, Yes, thank you so much for having me again.
Speaker 2: We'll come back here all the time. We love. I don't know if I'm coming back, but you know i'm available.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, give this motherfucker a job. He obviously happy you're here and he's with me, so great.
Speaker 3: I'm happy in both places anyway. Thanks so much for joining us, and thanks so much for listening. To the Daily Show Ears Edition. I'm Letty Margus.
Speaker 2: This is Leslie Jones.
Speaker 1: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching the Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven.
Speaker 1: Ten Central on Comedy Central and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount Plus. This has been a Comedy Central podcast