Speaker 1: What the actual fuck with Blake and Justin.
Speaker 2: I can't believe I haven't discussed with you guys, Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni. I don't even really understand what's going on. Kennice Owens has retired from her career and is literally focused solely.
Speaker 1: On talking about them at this point.
Speaker 2: It's like people are fixated because people have never seen something like this, And I don't think people are actually fixated with the two of them. I don't think it's that they're fascinating creatures. I think it's the labyrinth and the cobweb and the spider actually the spider web, and like the tentacles and the people and the multiple lawsuits and if you don't know they were in the movie, it ends with us and it's about domestic violence. And Blake did the premiere and at the premiere was promoting her personal products and it hit wrong in the mob and the world of social media because she was promoting cocktails and spring florals and it was a domestic violence movie and she was trying to like jam all the promotion into one red carpet. And I did videos saying that it's like an archaic model where the representatives don't understand the modern day and how to do PR in twenty twenty four versus like when these A list actors used to be sort of owned by studios and just pushed out there to push the product. And the PR agents used to be able to control the media because what used to happen, and it happens in places like the Kardashians, like where Chris Jenner. If there's a bad picture that comes out of someone, she can be like, and I think they might have invested in one of the photo agencies. But she can be like, we'll give you another picture if you put take that one down, or we're not going to let you talk to anyone from the family if you say something bad about one member of the family. You know, and PR agents can say, I'm not letting you talk to this a list star or holding that a list star that everyone wants to hear from leverage, because then you have to talk to this other person and you have to make the article look like this.
Speaker 1: This stuff all happens.
Speaker 2: The PR used to be able to really and even agents manage the machine.
Speaker 1: I've literally seen PR.
Speaker 2: People and agents get together to manipulate a situation like a Chris humpreason it kame Kardashian like when they were breaking up. That was a full hands on deck, proactive preemptive strike how to like manipulate the media. And the Kardashians owned the media and the media cycle and the covers, and that worked. It doesn't work in twenty twenty four because the mob runs the media. The TikTok Instagram universe runs the main the media. Yes, they use the media for like a guideline, like an article comes out in people about Blake and Justin and then they go run wild, but they could run wild off of just a photo or a lawsuit that comes out, because they'll read the lawsuit themselves. So anyway, I did a whole thing about that, and that was the beginning because Blake was getting crushed and Blake was beloved, Like I didn't really know anything about her. I asked someone who worked closer to her, who said she was very nice that I asked someone who's very knowledgeable in the entertainment industry at large, and they said that there's like a cool girl's click with her, and I think Gigi or some of the models and tailor and it's like a very like the Pretty Girls Club, and it's what you would imagine in that type.
Speaker 1: Of a club.
Speaker 2: So I heard different things, But I've thought she was stop beautiful and she looks amazing at the met Gala, and people come into my comments and say she's not a lish is a minus list. I don't know, with the combination of her and Ryan Reynolds and her owning the Met Gala and nailing fashion and all this stuff and seeming perfect and everything they said was so charming and cute, like I thought they were a listen who gives a shit. But it's weird how the tides can turn. So she took a massive tumble after that red carpet, and it's like to see someone like her who's seemingly so perfect, And what's fucked up is that everybody celebrated her for all that perfection and all that blondness and all that high school you know, most popular girl stick whatever.
Speaker 1: That's what's crazy.
Speaker 2: People slam you down for the same shit that brought you up there, and it's scary, so blake lively to me, it was like, you know, and everything they said was adorable, and if charming is a red flag, I don't know. I just know that the two of them were so charming as a couple, and everything was diffused with humor, and everything was like an inside joke and how much they love each other and how they're always playing jokes on each other, and everybody was just devouring it. Okay, so we can pretend whatever we want to pretend. People were obsessed with them myself, like, they just seemed like adorable couple one oh one. So something went sideways on that movie. It ends with Us, and it seemed like she was getting fucking crushed. He seemed like he was getting crushed first, because they were separate at the premiere, and I was at that premiere and they were separate at the premiere and everything was separate at the premiere. And I didn't even stay to watch the movie at the premiere because the vibes were so cringy and creepy, but I couldn't place it. And one of her people was extremely cold to me, disproportionately sort of dismissive to me, and it was weird. The energy was weird, the vibes were off. I remember seeing Anna Wintry there and I was like, shit, I'm gonna get canceled for leaving this premiere. But we were like cordoned off to some bizarre separate movie theater, and the premiere was like divided in all these different theaters, which was so strange. And when I walked in, I usually you go to a main theater, like it's a big theater. You go to the main theater to see the premiere. It felt like I was like nobody puts baby in the corner. And when we walked in, I saw this guy and he goes, oh, you know Justin and I was like, oh, I didn't even know who was in them. I knew Blake was in the movie. I didn't know what the movie was about. I didn't know who was in the movie. I was excited to go to the premiere because Blake Lively was in the movie. I didn't even know they made movies anymore, and so I was excited to go to the premiere wear my pink dress and Blake Lively. And I walked in and someone was like, you know Justin And I didn't remember that he was on my podcast, but I once I did remember.
Speaker 1: I remembered him being.
Speaker 2: Nice on the podcast, and this guy and I said all out to justin. He was wearing purple. I went to walk into that theater, someone was like, oh, no, your tickets are over there, and then we ended up in some tiny theater and no one was in there. There were like three people in there. I'm like, so, why don't I watch the movie fucking in my living room in a couple of months. I don't get it, which I actually should, but you can't leave a premiere after the carpet without seeing the movie. The thing is that after the Red Carpet there was an hour break between the carpet and the movie, which I personally have never seen. And it's like, seemingly so the cast can get down the carpet, but it's not the cast of fucking fame the movie. It's not ten thousand people, So I don't know why it would take so long for an hour. Usually it's like everybody goes sits in their seats inside the premiere, and then the people that are the celebrities and the cast, they're out there for like fifteen twenty minutes, maybe thirty minutes, but it's never like an hour. And you're in one of those movie theaters that I has, like all the escalators and there's no real place to hang out. There's no living room or bar. You're in heels and you're in a lobby and you're like, what the fuck are we doing? So Danielle and I went to go get Margarita's as one does, and walked in the rain and my dress had a malfunction. Everything has to be a shit show with me, and we came back. We made the effort to come back, get the popcorn. Go towards into the movie, saw Anna Winter wanted to say hello to her, choked because what was I supposed to say? Then saw Justin then was put over to that like baby in the corner movie theater that had no one in it, and I was like, what are we doing? It's what the fuck out of here? And we got the fuck out of there. And now months later there's a massive lawsuit, one massive lawsuit. They wished ten lawsuits about this movie. And I hear that, like Justin saying that he was allegedly in the basement with his friends to watch the premiere, like he was put in one place. And then it all came together and I was like, that does seem it did seem fucking weird. That night everything seems separate and weird. So everyone is fixated and fascinated with this lawsuit, which has entanglements and tentacles. I don't know what happened. I'm not pretending I have no side. I'm just talking about the thing. Both parties are suffering immeasurably, so like, I don't think that either party thought that they would go this deep into the abyss. But I think that she brought the New York Times article into it. This whole thing wasn't clear from the beginning. I did a video saying I don't understand what she's actually suing for Blake Lively's suing, and then I'm like, what is she suing for? I'm not saying she did anything right or wrong. I didn't know one thing. I never pretend to know something. I don't know what exactly. It wasn't clear from the jump. It wouldn't have really mattered. I guess if it said so, because I think that this team just thought that, like it was the archaic model of pr where you just get to say something, the media goes along with you and like that's.
Speaker 1: It, it's over.
Speaker 2: So they said they what they said, it got out and then there was a New York Times article and it's the seaside, It's the pendulum. The New York Times article comes out, everybody's team Blake. Everybody hates Justin. Just like the Red Carpet, everybody hated Justin. They were separate, then everybody was team Justin.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: And it tracks that there have been discussions of smear campaigns because it seems like smear campaigns. But I know TikTok and pretty well, and TikTok and Instagram can do a great job of that on their own. They just need to sticks to rub together. So now this whole New York Times article came out. I didn't vibe with the New York Times article. And so this writer who wrote it was a big me too. Writer was sitting down in front of the camera talking to us like kind of giving us an education on what happened and what was in this New York Times article. But it did seem kind of by it. It just seemed like a story that was told to them, and they were telling us a story that was told to them. I don't know that they thought through that the pendulum would swing. I mean, you do have Blake and Ryan are a list people friends of Taylor Swift her and got dragged into this. I did a video on that saying, there's no fucking way, no matter how bff they are, the Taylor Swift's multi billion dollar enterprise team wants her name anywhere near this pile of shit. There's no way that Blake Lively's team thought they would get in so deep. So anyway, you got the New York Times, you got the woman explained to us what the article's about.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 2: Literally I message this lawyer that I know from something else to say, what do you think about this case?
Speaker 1: I have my own opinions about this case.
Speaker 2: This is what I think, this is how I would do it, just as a lawyer friend. He's like, I'm representing Justin Baldoni, and so I know many people from Blake's team, and I know people from Justin's team. So I'm like, WHOA, what the fuck? So the pendulum swings and now Justin's team comes out and they have their own receipts because she had receipts, and she had texts, and they claimed that they were partial texts, and they have their own receipts, and they came in like a fucking group of people in Penantplona running for the bull then, and I think he has a billionaire that invested in the movie who also his name, and the product is at risk, so he's part of I guess maybe paying the legal fees. I don't know, But I don't think Blake's team thought that he was going to go this hard in the paint. I don't think he wanted to go this hard in the paint. I don't think he thought it would go this far. But I think this is the fuck around and find out trial and now each side's PR their names have been dragged into it, and PR people are never in the headlines. They don't want to be that's their nightmare. If they're good PR people, okay, if they're good PR people, if they're ship PR people, they want to be famous and then they suck anyway. But now these people can barely represent their clients because they have to also protect themselves. They don't have the money of their clients, and they too are in lawsuits, being sued for texts and different things.
Speaker 1: It's a shit show.
Speaker 2: And Candice Owens has their own opinion thinking that Blake Ryan was has been controlling in past relationships has come into this situation, took over because he sensed something between Justin and Blake, and it's all over the place.
Speaker 1: I just know it's a loose horse. I know it is.
Speaker 2: I know as sure as I'm sitting at this desk that it was botched. But I don't know that these teams that represent these a minus. Let's just say list celebrities know how to navigate this type of thing that the mob is going to ultimately litigate on. And now the problem is it's a court of law, and these are lawyers that play in the court of law, but they also play in the court of public opinion. They're like famous celebrity entertainment representative lawyers, so like it's really a line to ride. My divorce lawyers never really gave a shit about what was going on in the press. I had to navigate them that someone was asking a question and that I was personally getting hammered. So sometimes they'd have to answer a question, but they were only focused on the trial. And ultimately the lawyers here are primarily focused on the trial. But you can also sweat someone by being focused on the court of public opinion because as their famous people If it's Jane and Joe, it doesn't matter the court of public opinion, it's not really affecting their livelihood. But if you're talking about Justin Baldoni and Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds, it's affecting their livelihood.
Speaker 1: This is their their their.
Speaker 2: Personal brand has actual intellectual property value. Their personal brand, they have a cue score, you know. I remember my divorce was trashing my personal brand while launching a talk show. Because even if it's good bed, you're right, you're wrong.
Speaker 1: That's weeds.
Speaker 2: If you're in the middle of a pile of shit, you have shit on you, and no one really wants to deal with someone who has a pile of shit on you. It's gossip and it might not be true. But someone said Blake wanted to go to one of the games and Taylor would rather not have that spectacle, even if they're best friends.
Speaker 1: That makes sense.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't want my best friend if she was in the middle of a spectacle about something that was seemingly scandalous and had shit all over it at a game like I don't want that to be the headline. I would want try my boyfriend and his team to be the headline, did they win just to have fun with his mother? I don't want the shit in my backyard, so I don't. There's no fucking way that they thought this would be what it is. It's amazing that Ryan is going and you know, performing on stage with Hugh Jackman and business as usual, and Megan and Harry have been in ship pits and gone out and don appearances. This is entangled. This is a web and it's insane. So I've been talking about it a lot. It's just it's crazy. We've never ever in entertainment history seen a movie have this type of legal ramifications entanglements and fuck around and find out in it. I just don't think either person wants to be this deep. And I don't know what they could settle for, but they really should settle, and that means both of them. There's no way. This is like a terrible, terrible divorce. Only people are going to not only lose money and lawyers are going to win. People's toxicity is going through the roof no matter what.
Speaker 1: Just it's not good. It's not good.