Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty and he Armstrong and Getty Strong and Welcome. We are off this week.
Speaker 4: So you're gonna hear some best of replays of the Armstrong and Getty Shaw. You're gonna love them. They're gonna be here. I'm gonna be at home, sitting in my car and listening to the radio while you do so.
Speaker 3: While you're enjoying yourselves this week, why not hit Armstrong at getty dot com and pick up an A and G T shirt or hat for your favorite aa G fan, including the cut the Crap shirt or the hot Dogs are Dogs. It's up to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Our Black Friday special is same prices every other day. Which are you more interesting? It in the Share memoir or the Madonna biopic that are both coming out at the same time.
Speaker 3: Ah wow, Let me bring out my microscope and I'll take a look. Try to find my give it. Damn God.
Speaker 4: If you like don't read a lot, but you read the Share Memoir, please read something else.
Speaker 3: Good Lord. If one Madonna Chaconi of Detroit Michigan were to write a serious book about her career and business development and entrepreneurialism, that sort of thing. I would think that'd be a pretty good read.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and her understanding of pr and how to get attention and stuff. Yeah, that would be interesting. Have Lady Gaga rte the forward or something?
Speaker 3: Fine? Okay, great? Wow? The Share Memoir?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: I mean do you are you immortal? Do you have unlimited time? That is the only circumstance I can picture where somebody would would read the Share Memoir. If I'm want if shares offspring, I wouldn't bother.
Speaker 4: If I walked into someone's apartment, then they have that on the coffee table. How quickly can I get out of their house's?
Speaker 3: Yeah? There you go? See? Uh wait, you just got here? Yeah? Bye ah. So I came across this all right, Oh yeah, pass. I just keep seeing Share in the back of my mind. So here's an editorial that actually ran in the New York Times. I'm sixteen on November sixth, that's the day after the election. The girls cried and the boys played Minecraft. And this is by a sixteen year old high school junior.
Speaker 4: Who obviously is connected to somebody in the New York Times. Your parents are some big deal. I mean, otherwise, how would you get a an op ed in the biggest new paper in the world.
Speaker 3: You know, it's I think it's labeled as a well, it's a guest essay. I don't know. Maybe it's in a letter to the editor. But in the morning after the election, I walked up the staircase of my school. A preteen was crying into the shoulders of her brace's clad peer. Her friend was rubbing circles on her back. Uh. First of all, point of order, mister editor, why am I reading a child's editorial? Did you say so?
Speaker 4: The sixteen year old wrote this? But the sixteen year old said a preteen. Yes, So a twelve year old's crying over a presidential election.
Speaker 3: You're a weird kid, right, go get a hobby kid. Anyway, Again, at the point that she says in the headline, I'm sixteen at we're done here, We're done. You're a child. No, if you want to tell me how things are going at your school or something like that, and she is in a way, okay, that's fine, because I don't know. But the idea that you're going to lay some insight on me about the election and the candidates and all. No, we've got to who said this?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 3: Bill Maher?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think it was Bill Marshall. Jesus it was one of the three four. I can't Yeah, no, Oh, who's a anyway? Uh? Where was I?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Said, we've got to stop laying the burden on these poor children, the idea that they need to solve this stuff, or they need to tell us what happened in the election. Why would you lay that on a sixteen year old girl?
Speaker 4: Well, how about the poor twelve year old crying in the hall. The only way she's crying in the hall is her parents and or her teachers correct sold.
Speaker 3: Her a load of crap. But wait, there's more. I continued up the stairs to the lounge where upperclassmen linger before classes. There I saw two tables. One was filled with my girlfriends, many of them with hollows under their eyes. There was a blanket of despair over the young women in the room. I looked over to the other table of teenage boys and saw minecraft on their computers. Well, we were gasping for breath. It seemed they were breathing freely.
Speaker 4: Oh my God, I suppose you expect to overwrought from a sixteen year old girl, but uh wow, we were gasping for breath. They were breathing freely.
Speaker 3: Oh geez, Katie, any verbal slappings or show I plunge on.
Speaker 4: I have so many questions, but yeah, I go plunge on.
Speaker 3: Get a get a trash can ready, You're gonna be all right. We girls woke up to a country that would rather elect a man found liable for sexual abuse than a woman rights decision. Exactly.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: In fact, I was going to vote for Commlin until I learned that Trump was held liable. Then I thought, wait, that's the man for me again. Thank you child for that incisive political analysis. Thank you child. Where the kind of man my mother instructs me to cross the street to avoid will be addressed as mister president, your mom tells you to cross the street to avoid fat eighty year olds. Watch for the body where the body I haven't fully grown into may no longer be under my control. The boys, it seemed to me just woke up on a Wednesday.
Speaker 4: What made my skin burn? Most normal kids? That makes them normal? You're the crazy one, right, What made my skin burn? Most, well, it's probably uv ras you sunscreen. Wasn't that over seventy five million people voted for Donald Trump. It was that this election didn't seem to measurably change anything for the boys around me, whether their parents supported mister Trump or not, many of them didn't seem.
Speaker 3: To share our rage, our fear, are despair. We don't even share the same future. I'm scared the Trump administration will take away or restrict birth control and Plan B the way they did abortion.
Speaker 4: Why are high schoolers crying about abortion and Plan B? Why is that the focus? Well, yeah, or presidential politics. As a child, that's really weird and sweetheart. Trump didn't take away abortion.
Speaker 3: He sends a terrible ruling back to the States for people to vote on. There are more abortions happening now. The one point I want to make is that this young girl, who is a very good writer, unusually good for a sixteen year old, and is a sixteen year old gets the indulgence of youth. She unleashes are strongly held opinions, and the grownups around her ought to say, Wow, that's great, I'm glad you're really into this sort of stuff and all, and perhaps a quick word about and the longer you live and the more you see and do, the more you'll understand some of the nuances of this stuff. I get that I spent tremendous amount of time around teenagers, teenage girls in particular, coaching and mentoring and all sorts of stuff. But and I don't mean to be little this young woman. The point is the people around her have nurtured in her two things. Number one, what Bill Maher is talking about, laying on her this mistaken belief that she needs to figure this all out and tell the rest of the world and then solve it. And two not giving her any Oh, I'm sorry, and number two feeding her full of the most hyperbolic of the wildly out of control political rhetoric of the last ten years without any perspective. Now, maybe her parents and teachers and mentors believe all this stuff because they've whipped themselves into the left wing you know, fury, But I don't know so anyway, she writes on.
Speaker 4: That's one of your logical fallacies too, that I guess have existed through history is the belief that the young or innocent or something like that, when they say something, it carries more weight, right.
Speaker 3: Because they're pure of heart, and out of the mouths of babes comes real wisdom. Yeah, that's once in a while, that's true. Mostly they're just kids in aught to just go do their homework anyway. So she says that she's afraid Trump will take away birth control the way they did abortion. Again, that's ridiculous. I've seen the ways in which many of the boys in my generation can be different from their fathers.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 3: Wow, you have no idea how their fathers are now.
Speaker 4: Of course you don't.
Speaker 3: The hashtag me too movement went mainstream when they were still wearing Superman pajamas. That's pretty good writing. On Tuesdays in health class, they learn about the dangers of inebriated consent. They don't pretend to gag when a girl mentions her period or a tampon falls out of her backpack. They don't find sexist jokes all that funny and don't often make them in public. No, they find them really funny, but they find you to be a humorless prag and so they don't make them in your presence. You just wouldn't know it. I've heard they well, that was kind of distracting and weird. I'm grateful to my school for taking gender equality as seriously as it does trigonometry. But most of the guys that I saw that Wednesday appeared nonchalant. A smiling student shook his friend's hand and said, sarcastically, good election. In the same hallway where I saw a female teacher clutching a damp tissue. Why did it seem these boys were so unperturbed. I worried that my guy friends might only care about women until it conflicts with other, more pressing priorities. That morning, I spoke with the male classmate. He asked if I was okay, nearly melted with relief. See I knew not all guys were ignorant.
Speaker 4: Lady, your sixteen year old.
Speaker 3: Then, before I responded, he continued why, he wondered, are so many girls crying? I stared, I swallowed that familiar lump, and I had one thought. I prayed that my older brother never asks that question. Oh my god, how could my classmates not know why girls in his grade were biting their nails and doing breathing exercises in the bathroom. It seemed like our future was sliding down the side of our faces, and he asked me why we were crying. Crying. I never felt that disconnected from men. I never felt more like a girl.
Speaker 4: God, if my kid were doing breathing exercises in the bathroom because they were so emotionally upset from a presidential election, I'd pull them out of school and get a team of therapists going and we go on a camping trip or something to try to turn this around. Something's gone horribly wrong. Well here, here's the bottom line. Once again, that is on the adults around her. That's on our parents and the teachers. You have acbused that child.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you have psychologically tortured that child. You have terrified her into a state of awful emotional upheaval. What is the matter with you? Abuse her?
Speaker 4: That's one hundred percent true. That's not even just talk radio, you know hyperbole. That's one hundred percent true. If your kid it needs breathing actually to deal with the presidential election, you have abused them by putting all this fear into them.
Speaker 3: That's just not Yeah. Yeah, the cult of we like to be afraid. We're always afraid because it brings us together. Oh, hugmy, because we're afraid we're both afraid, let's be together because we're afraid that that is an unhealthy attitude? What happened to courage? Women are some of the most courageous people I know? What happened to courage? Resilience, a sense of humor? All of that is dying And to just infuse a child with that is abusive. Damn you, you are evil, It really is. There's a name for that.
Speaker 4: I heard somebody bring up the other day, like if you have bad parents, you have to be parentified or something like that. It's a psychological thing that young people do, like, oh, if you figure out that your parents are taking care of you, you take over that role. It's a survival instinct. But it's bad for you.
Speaker 3: Right, your parents are drug addicts and you end up taking care of your younger, younger siblings and that sort of thing in.
Speaker 4: Yourself, and it makes you feel more responsible throughout your life for things. Anyway, it sounds like they've done that to this girl, like just put her in a position of being an adult that is not required as a sixteen year old.
Speaker 3: Right. And there there's a tendency among certain sick people that they really want their children, They want to put their fears into their children. They want they're crazy, to be fully invested in their kid, because then they've got somebody else who's crazy like them. I don't know the name of it, probably has a name, but anyway, you're just this poor kid. This poor kid has been abused.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: The big change in the election that we'll be talked about for years and years is not just the winners and losers, but the fact that Black American Hispanic America moved significantly rightward. I mean, the Democrats still get the majority of the Black vote, for instance, but it's changing, and it's changing pretty quickly. And you know, it's easy for us and people like us to forget that most people don't think about politics that much. I've been yelling for Black America to reconsider this unholy alliance with the Democratic Party, which is just exploited the black vote, assumed the Black vote, and giving you nothing but empty promises and government dependents for decades and decades. Now it appears that I don't know, perhaps people are starting to connect elections with policies with outcomes in a way that you know is too slow for me, But I get it and the journal with the Wall Street Journal with some pretty interesting analysis of the fact that it's now about class and not race. If you're working class, you are swinging way towards the Republicans and it doesn't matter what, Hugh your skin is. Thank god, I'm so happy about that. And not just because it's Republican. I mean it could be Democrats too. Let's just not have like hugely important racial politics.
Speaker 4: In this country, please, for a number of reasons, including I think you're much more likely to get policy discussions if you're talking about people of different income situations than their skin color.
Speaker 3: Well, ry make the claim of racism is so easily right. And they quote Aaron Waters, who's the first gent they quote in this article, who's a black construction worker union member in Chicago who voted for Trump after voting for Biden and Obama in past elections. And he says race is not an issue for me. It's about what you can do for each and every one of us as a whole, as a US citizen. Now, the reason that's important, getting back to my berating you know, quote unquote black America, is that guys like Aaron are saying, no, you can't say I'm down with the black folks, so vote for me. What are you gonna do? What are your policies? That's phony. He's realized it's well, it's phony. It's it's putting you in a pen. And I've always hated that. But came across a couple of interesting statistics about this, this question. And here's an associate professor of political science at the University of South Carolina. He says, quote, this is the shock of the early twenty first century, this this big move. Thirty years ago, Americans with a college degree was twenty percent of the population. Twenty percent this thirty years ago now, and held the same percentage of household wealth as those without a degree, so outsized. But it was like fifty to fifty the wealth. So twenty percent had college degree, they had half the wealth. Now it's thirty eight percent of the population has college degrees. It's almost doubled in thirty years. Many of them useless, but anyway, and seventy three percent of the household wealth. So the you know, other sixty two percent of the population that has twenty seven percent of the household wealth is starting to think, Hey, this system isn't really set up for me, regardless of color.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joey, The Armstrong and Getty Show, The.
Speaker 1: Arm Strong and Getdy Show.
Speaker 3: Some economists have finally woken up to the fact that human beings are not like computerized decision makers. There are all sorts of things that enter into economics. In particular, as Nobel Prize winning economist George Akerloff and his collaborator Rachel Cranton said, I wrote years and years ago, identity may be the most important economic decision people make, and it has to do with how you see yourself, how you want to project an identity, what group of people do you consider yourself part of? And you make all sorts of economic decisions based on not rational analysis, but identity.
Speaker 4: If I had known this was part of economics when I was in college, I could have easily made it my life. I only took microeconomics, which I hated. I mean, it's obviously got its value supply to my own, etc. But if I'd have known all this other stuff that I find so fascinating about economics was part of it, I would have man, I would have eaten that up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what would you call it? Psycho go economics or socioeconomics or something like that. But they gave the example of an academic economist, not coincidentally, that's who we're talking about. That would be a social category, and that's the way they would see themselves or part of that group whatever. So they probably own a practical car and wear comfortable shoes, and if they showed up in a portion nine to eleven or a pair of five hundred dollars loafers, they would all not only feel like they were putting on airs, but they'd probably be mocked and scorned to buy colleagues. In traditional economics models, it's hard to rationalize why anyone would care so much about what shoes I walk in wearing right, or what car I drive, But that really affects decisions they go into. Like individual when you go.
Speaker 4: To buy a pair of shoes or a car, practically anything, certainly anything, anybody's going to observe. The options are not wide open for most people. They're limited two your identity. It has to shit into that world of your identity, which is interesting. We don't see ourselves that way. I think we most people like to see themselves as no I could wear any kind of footwear. It's completely up to me. I'm my own person.
Speaker 3: But no, it fits into a.
Speaker 4: View you heavy of yourself, where you want other people to have of you, or you think you whatever.
Speaker 3: And then they talk about individual gains from both material outcomes and actions that conform to their identities blah blah blah, and labor markets. Workers are motivated by wages, of course, but also by how well their job aligns with their identities. They give the example of a corporate job might offer financial stability, but if it conflicts with an individual's identity. Is an environmentalist, for instance, that's going to lead to satisfaction and underperformance in this vein, trying to train coal miners to be nurses may be feudal. And Jack, I love the idea you gave when we were talking about this. If you remember, I don't you said, trying to train farmers because the family farmers disappearing to be coders, have them sit in a cubicle ten hours a day to code, they would hang themselves.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you hear politicians throw that around all the time, like you can just retrain people that have been a certain sort of person to be a completely different sort of person. And as the point of what you're saying is it's not just about the money.
Speaker 3: So there's other research by a couple of guys you've never heard of, to provide a granular look into the mechanics of this phenomenon. There's studies based on lab experiments that prime subjects to see different parts of their identities as especially salient. Demonstrate that people may opt for lower paying jobs if it means greater congruence or you know, fitting in with their social group, or might choose consumer goods that signal affiliation to a particular identity despite higher costs and no higher quality. We see that all the time in fashion police. So they go into that at some length, and it's a very very interesting We'll post link at Armstrong and Getty under hot links. But then let's see they go more deeply into that. It diverges from traditional notions of comparative advantage typically applied to countries or firms. I met with several well known psychologists, writs this journalist across the country. Many assume that heredity largely dictated the identities to which people gravitated. We investigated the academic paths chosen by students in racially and socioeconomically diverse schools. We found that students often align their academic efforts with what they perceived to be their comparative advantages. Interesting, and this is something that we and others have observed through the years, and people are extremely uncomfortable talking about. But we all ought to grow up and just say what's true and whether it makes us feel comfortable or not. If you want to actually solve problems, you better reckon with reality. Anyway. A student who sees his strengthen social leadership rather than academic achievement might choose to invest more in social endeavors. This decision is based both on where he or she excels and where he perceives the greatest return for his efforts in both self fulfillment and importantly social recognition. Booty or booty Yeah? In other research, who is I? I haven't mentioned the name of the person writing this, Roland Fryar, who's an economist and a researcher anyway, or were we? In other research, I found that black and Hispanic students with high grade point averages tended to be less popular, which was not true for white students. This was in line with previous works suggesting that high achieving black students were sometimes mocked for quote acting white. By incorporating this kind of peer pressure, the framework we've been talking about also illuminates how gender norms can influence field of study choices. Women might avoid STEM fields not because a lack of ability or interest, but due to societal norms dictating what is considered appropriate for their sex. They found this single business school.
Speaker 4: Yes, that is really interesting. That may have changed since I was in school, or maybe it depends on the neighborhood you're living, like I live in a college town, So it would make sense that popularity and high school achievement might go together, But it didn't my school. The most popular people were absolutely not the people with the highest grade point averages, and would have been kind of unimaginable that it would.
Speaker 3: Be interesting, interesting, And here as white as they come.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we're all white.
Speaker 3: One moment, I'm sorry. One more example, and then I want to make a point kind of disputing a little of this, but let's see this guy and his co authors have found that single female business school students quote reported lower desired salaries and willingness to travel and work long hours on a real stakes placement questionnaire when they expected their classmates to see their preference, a phenomenon known as acting wife as opposed to acting white. That is interesting, so, and I misunderstood when I read it the first time. So if you ask single female business school students, what's your desired salary? What's your willingness to travel and work long hours? They will answer differently if they expect their peers to see their answers.
Speaker 4: Wow, I'm not sure I understand that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm one thing, and it's funny. Tim Sandifer and I. One of the few, like significant different disagreements we've ever had is when we are doing a book club thing. Ether Some of you may remember when we were talking about Sebastian Junger's book Tribe, and I really liked it and thought it was really interesting, thought provoking, and Tim didn't like it at all. He thought it was collectivist claptrap. I am paraphrasing bluntly and skilllessly. I'm sure Tim expressed his opinion much more eloquently. But the thing, and I think I may have said it to Tim, is that what Tim has to remember and what we have to remember, is that Tim is like at the outer one percent of iconoclastic individualists the way he sees the world, and you and I are way out on that scale too, I think. And there are some very lovely people, very nice people who are like way past the midway point, and they're like good twenty five percent toward They find it really rewarding to be part of what other people are doing and go along with the crowd and to conform. They get a feeling of belonging from that that I think most real individualists don't experience in the same way, right, And so you've got to remember, when you're thinking about society on a whole, not everybody sees the world like I do.
Speaker 4: Humhmm, yeah, especially if we're talking economics like you said earlier. Yeah, you just do need to observe or take in what is, whether it makes sense to you or not. And one of the great revolutions of revelations, not revolutions, well there's a revolution, it was a revelation revolution is that the Founding Fathers designed the Constitution to be ironclad against any takeover by monarchs or dictators or even populists, not because most humans crave liberty, but because most humans don't. That was the danger and when I realized that, I thought, oh, oh, yes, it works both ways. Though that whole want to be part of the crowd. It depends on your crowd. And that gets to the we were talking about the whole keeping it real thing earlier. If your crowd is it's not cool to really achieve, it's not a good way to keep it real. If if your crowd is, you know, achieving is the thing to be cool, then.
Speaker 3: Keep it the reals.
Speaker 4: Fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's absolutely something to be said for looking at the crowd around you and assessing whether they are helping your life or hurting it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the desire for acceptance. So, I mean, it's right there in Maslow's hierarchy of needs. It's a big one belonging maslowot to shut up.
Speaker 3: I don't care what he says.
Speaker 4: Shut up, Maslow, get down off your pyramid.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Geeddy Show. Yeah more John your Joe podcasts and our hot links The arm Strong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: Let's be clear, what's happening in this country. It's Nazism. Republicans are Nazis.
Speaker 2: You cannot separate yourselves from the bad white people.
Speaker 3: Growing up in the nineties, I never thought much about race. Sure you noticed, but never really seemed to matter that much, at least not to me.
Speaker 4: Being a white, straight cisgender.
Speaker 3: Man, it's the top of the pile. I'm on the top of the bile. That's me, am I. I would really appreciate it if you left. I'm trying to learn longestree. Can you please leave?
Speaker 4: That's am I racist? Which I'm going to on Saturday, and I look forward to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before we talk about that, just real quickly, because I'll forget again. I watched the brand new Netflix Apollo thirteen documentary last night. It was outstanding, absolutely great, compelling, a lot of NASA footage from the archives that hadn't been seen. I read that it was even.
Speaker 4: More dramatic than the movie, which, of course, you know, is scripted in such a way to make it more dramatic, to make it dramatic, which sounds amazing.
Speaker 3: I was on the edge of my seat. Judy had a commitment. She got home like with ten minutes left, and I said, all right, I gotta finish this. I gotta finish this. Got it and during without giving too much away, of course, it's a historical event. People know what happened. But just the structure of the thing. But during the moments at the very end when it wasn't clear the astronauts were alive, I said to Judy sitting next to me on the couch, I said, I know how this ends, and this is killing me. It's just unbelievably beautifully done. My only it's not a criticism. It's the only way it pales in comparison to the brilliant movie with Tom Hanks, The Delicious Kevin Bacon and Gary Sineiz is that the documentary under dramatized the incredible creativity it took to redesign systems to do something completely different that the movie did brilliantly. As the folks back on Earth were trying to figure out, how do we have them build a filter to get all the carbon dioxide out of the capsule, and they literally took a tube from this, a box from that, some cloth from that, and said all right, plug this in. And they conducted these experiments, created this technology out of nothing in the space of like thirty six hours, working frantically around the clock. So I would suggest, you know, watch the movie and the document and then a nonspiring story.
Speaker 4: And then Tom Hanks dies of AIDS or is that a different movie?
Speaker 3: Different movie, another fine film, though he and Jenny get together. I will also make this point if you're done with your inanities, and this is kind of a lead in. It was interesting that Mission control, the virtually everyone involved was a white man.
Speaker 4: Which is why against the I won't recognize the moon landing and we've.
Speaker 3: And we as a society of you know, I think you come a long way in involving the best and brightest, no matter what they look like. On the other hand, it was also undeniable that all of those white fellas were brilliant, hardworking, creative, responsible, compassionate, and virtually everything you could want from a human being. So hey, here's an idea. Let's not demonize people because of the color of their skin. We used to agree on that, which brings us to Matt Walsh's hilarious and uncomfortable new m I Racist, which is very enjoyable. It's I think the number four movie around the country, or sometimes is it really a top five top five box office d no kidding yet got no reviews zero And that was actually the topic of Matt's recent Twitter thread. Many of you have asked, how it's possible that our new film, Am I Racist hasn't been reviewed by a single mainstream critic, even with a ninety nine percent audience score on Rotten Tomatoes.
Speaker 4: Do you do something similar the other direction like Bowling from Columbine that's from the Left, and the Michael Moore any of the Michael movies. Not only does it get endless reviews, it wins oscars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, top five box office debut. Beginning in August, we reached out to dozens of mainstream out let's offering an early screener of the film. These outlets included Time, AP, Indie, Wier, Variety, THHR, Times New Yorker, and A bunch more all the usual suspect. You know what, I'm gonna name some of the usual suspects. Oh that's that's the list. Okay, blah blah blah. We did not a single one responded and said they would review the movie. We did, however, that yeah, follow it up to virtual silence. So they bugged him again and said, hey, did you get our package and everything? And virtual silence. We did, however, receive a flurry of unprofessional emails from independent critics who were enraged we'd even ask them to review the film. One of them the wrote that he wouldn't waste any professional time on a movie opening in over fifteen hundred theaters because I was involved. R it's Matt Walsh. Let's see, here's the note. Wahaha, absolutely not hardest decline. I will not waste a second of my life on Matt Walsh. Let's see. Another critic said you'd have to strap me to a chair like Malcolm McDowell. Let's say clockwork orange reference to get me to watch this thing. Another wrote, you take me off this list after it was clear that am I Racist was a hit. Variety attempted to cover for this oversight with a claim that Daily Wire did not screen the movie for critics. We've asked them to correct this, but they have not. They still haven't posted a review, but I hope they will, a few other mainstream outlets have since requested screeners, but have yet to publish a review. One major mainstream outlet even acknowledged we had attempted to get them an advanced screener, but said the film had slipped through the cracks. This isn't a mistake. You'd be hard pressed to find another film that opened at fifteen more than fifteen hundred theaters that was completely snubbed by mainstream critics. If Am I Racist were terrible, these outlets could have reviewed it and trashed it. But the reality is they're afraid of it. Am I Racist been so successful because we specifically because we didn't churn out another safe, predictable Hollywood style film. Blah blah, blah blah, one last thing. Rolling Stone was one of the first outlets to request the screener for the review after the movie was announced back in July. They've yet to post a review, which is a bummer because I was looking forward to theirs. Most of all, I've said many times, there's a huge growing awareness of how the woke thing and critical race theory and radical gender theory and queer theory, the transgender thing, it's all neo Marxism with different guys as different faces, but it's all intent on tearing down Western civilization and putting those people in charge. We are at the end of the beginning, not the beginning of the end. Here is a really well done, controversial, but extremely relevant movie that they're so afraid of they won't even review it. To trash it. They pretend it doesn't exist. We've barely begun the fight.
Speaker 2: Friends, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Gatty Armstrong and Getty