Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season two eighty four, Episode two of Dr Day's I Guys Stay production of iHeart Radio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into america shared consciousness. And it is Tuesday, April twenty fifth, twenty twenty three. I don't know, We don't know what that what that signifies? Miles is in here to tell us and I just have too many viruses from going to the websites that actually like I think it's the only people who visit the websites that are like It's International Cupcakes Day are like us, and the elderly.
Speaker 2: The most guileless individuals are exactly. It looks like the living embodiment of a click okay button.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Yeah. But I have won a bunch of free iPads and so it's actually worked out for me. My name is Jack O'Brien.
Speaker 3: Aka Pasta the Pasta Celebate Too, and a pasta chopped up Little Turtles, and I'll break it Tony Pasta the Pasta Subway too, in Pasta topp little Turtles and Abriga Tony.
Speaker 1: My name is read vocals all right, Sorry about that last part. That is courtesy a fighter of the Knife Man on the discord, a little bomb with the Ba the Band Da Band, about a song that sounds like it's coming from hell, written by someone who is one of the worst, one of our worst humans, about a phenomenon that I have to believe was conceived in hell, in some sort of hell. I've pasta subway has really thrown me for a loop. I'm still reeling, Zay Gang. I've found out about it over when I was off for a couple of weeks, and I just haven't been able to kind of get it back together. I'm not sure why it sucked me up so bad. We're still my therapist and I are still working on it.
Speaker 4: It takes, it takes time.
Speaker 2: It's gonna time to get get to the full, the first, the low point, and it's going to take your time to get out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Well, thank you to the Fighter of the Night Man on the discord for honoring my trauma. I am thrilled to be joined in the second seat by one of the very phases I'm mount zeitmore hilarious, A brilliant producer, TV writer you know from yours This racist. It's Andrew T.
Speaker 2: Truty, Judy Trudy Judy, Rocket everywhere, Judy, Trudy, Drudy Judy, Rocket everywhere, Rocket everywhere, Rocket everywhere. I found you, mister Andrew t get the news and bring the takes to me.
Speaker 4: Hit social media, read a poster too. They hit the block button. That shit is Twitter blue.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. That was awesome, very hot as well as well. It should be as are all the listeners. That was awesome, well, Andrew. We are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by one of the funniest comedy writers doing it anywhere. The creator and writer behind Bird's Rights activist on Twitter writes for the amazing YouTube show Some More News hosts the podcast Creature feature, where you learn all the weirdest shit you didn't know you wanted to know about various creatures, including the weirdest and grossest creature of all mankind. I know, I write, I wrote that like it's copy that you provided to me, Katie, and that's not fair. That's I wrote, Yeah, I apologize. Also recently started co hosting secretly incredibly fascinating. She's doing it all from the comfort of her home in Italy. It's the brilliant the town to Katie Golden me, oh man, sorry, you got me excited, That's what I said. Oh man, I thought you were Mario for a second. I'm very easily for I saw that movie yesterday. I'm sure it came to the US late. It's been out in Italy for years because the Italian heritage and pride in the movie is evident. But yeah, there's you know, anybody who was concerned, including myself, that it was just gonna be Chris Pratt being like, it's me Mari. There's lots of Mama's Mia. There's lots of It's ames sprinkled throughout. I don't know if they I have to assume that some high level executive at Illumination is Zeit Gang and heard our concerns and addressed them. Because they are they are like suspiciously ad yard in there, like the last second.
Speaker 5: So it would have been banned in Italy if they hadn't put those in there. The fascist government, Maloney's government would have just banned it. If they're there's a new law that you need to have a certain number of Mama MIAs or else the movie is banned.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got to get the Italian cut, Jack. That's gonna.
Speaker 2: They made a special cut that's like just extra mamas mea three hours long, and it's.
Speaker 5: So many mamas of the Mia Yeah, am Mama's. I mean, I do want to say about the Subway. The pasta at Subway seems like their worst marketing decision since Jared.
Speaker 1: Fogel, you know, yeah oh Man, Kid Rock and Jared Fogel together in a single AKA finally like we all want it.
Speaker 4: I just I just want to say for the record, because you two are clearly haters.
Speaker 2: When I lived in New York, I love the shit out of like a grocery store pasta, like a like a gristities pasta bar at lunch.
Speaker 4: So I'm guessing way that much worse.
Speaker 1: No, I I also like it makes sense to me, and yet like the casualness with which they were just like Subway has pasta now, which is like through because like I guess it's like fast food. Pasta was not really a thing prior to this other than Frizzoli's, like places that were by Frizzoli's. So the they were just like, yeah, we got pasta now, And I like, I legitimately googled after seeing the ad. I legitimately googled Google because it was near April first, and I was like, is this an April joke? And but like that's the thing. I don't know why. It's fucked me up so bad. It doesn't make s It's it's fine. Why wouldn't they have pasta? And yet I'm like, just.
Speaker 5: Now, are they called pasta artists or are they still sandwich artists?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great question. I mean my kindergarteners a pasta artist based on lunch right after this, Yeah, for you. Now, I lived when I lived in New York. I like part of the experience of living New York is like budgeting yourself seven dollars for food per day. And one of the things that I got was the six inch subway turkey sandwich and it was it was bad. Like there's when I think of the memories of those times, like this is when like Cracked was just starting. We were in a like shitty thirty something street office and I just remember eating my six inch subway turkey sandwich with ranch on it and uh and branch ranch, diet, drinking diet sprite and chewing nakedine gum. And my memories of that, like the color is like those memories are in black and white because it's just like so dark, so bleak.
Speaker 2: Jack has like a like a Proofs Madeline face on right now when he's remembering every every set from that moment, it's really wonderful.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I remember, and it was really like a dark night of the soul.
Speaker 6: It was really.
Speaker 5: Burns.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, Well sorry, sorry I've taken that yet so much of the intro up with my uh.
Speaker 4: The listeners are here for Jack to just remember. Jack's remembering Jack remember stuff.
Speaker 5: These are the sandwiches I've had.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, all right. Do you guys have any memories like that where it's like the memory is actually like the the memory is dark because things on your end were darker?
Speaker 4: Is that just me?
Speaker 5: I have really bright memories like that. I once was in an office where the lights were too bright, and I remember having like I would have to look at medical pictures and they were really gross, and I'd eat lentil soup every day. Again, I was also on a budget. My my budget food was lentils, and so I'd be eating like I could see the lentils are good.
Speaker 1: It was tasty. But I believe my budget diet.
Speaker 5: Yes, they are a good budget food. They're just a tasty food in general. I still have them, but lentil soup every day does get a little old. And I did remember just seeing every detail of the lentils and these bright fluorescent lights as I was looking at like foot surgery and just wondering, wondering about my life.
Speaker 4: Damn, I think once again I that same time in my life.
Speaker 2: I was at a soccer game yesterday and I got some like tacos from the street vendor outside, and I just remembered. I was like, oh, when I was in my twenties, I used to eat like ninety percent of my meals standing up and often walking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I like that part. I think, oh, yes, movies all the time.
Speaker 1: It was walking, yeah, yeah, yeah. But I'd say over half of my calories were pizza. Were like the cheapest pizza that I could get.
Speaker 4: But that dude, yeah, how abongo bro.
Speaker 1: I did live in the sewer with my three best friends or master. All right, Katie, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better at the moment. First, we have some big news that y'all learned yesterday. But we just learned this morning, we're still excited. We've still got that Tucker Carlson getting fired glow, so we're going to talk about that speculate what he's up to next. There's a new profile of the UFO Pentagon guy, the lou Elizondo, that I thought was illuminating, so we I've already just really indulged in whatever I want to talk about this episode, so we might skip that one for today and get to it later in the week. Twitter's check Mark drama is still going on, so we can talk about that plenty more. But first, Katie, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 5: Oh, the last thing was ice worm festival. I think I was doing some research on the ice worm festival in Alaska, so you know it's I mean it was for it was for my podcast on animals, but I there's a festival that celebrates the ice worm. And I'm always really interested in other people who get really excited about something, because an ice worm is just this little tiny black worm that in glaciers and ice and I thought I was the only other person in the world who would like to go to a festival to celebrate the ice worm. But no, there are at least a dozen others and the people strong approximately and you know they have ice worm volleyball, ice worm crafts, ice the ice worm Hike. I love it. These are my people and I've found them.
Speaker 1: What is ice worm volleyball? Is it just volleyball with ice worm t shirts on?
Speaker 5: Probably? Right, it's probably regular volleyball. But you keep going like I love ice worms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's probably cold at least, I guess, yeah, snow volleyball. Yeah. The illustration from the ice Worm Festival and the physical mascot is very, very unnerving. It's like the like the Magwai version of the Jackfrot, the scary Jack Frost, like.
Speaker 1: The George clannyone that became Michael Keaton, that one. No, oh okay, Cordova ice Worm Festival.
Speaker 5: That's right, yeah, yeah, And like they do have a parade where they have a giant ice worm where it's like a bunch of people, like maybe twenty people wearing the ice worm costume. And it boggles my mind that they could find twenty people who want to go to the ice Worm Festival to wear the costume and still have people watch them doing traders. Yeah right, right, I'm not saying this with any hate in my heart. I absolutely love that there is an ice worm festival, and it makes me happier knowing this exists. I'm just surprised there are other people who would also enjoy the ice worm festival. Actually, Sore and Bowie, I'm sure you guys know he was on the show. He was he suggested the topic to me, the ice worm, and he didn't even know that there was an ice worm festival.
Speaker 1: Sworm Bowie, former crack writer who grew up in the wilds of Colorado, like juggling axes and shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, very slurping up ice worms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is the ice worm look like it? Because the mascot is white and segmented and like looks like what a animator might make for an ice worm. And you're telling me it's a small black worm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, it doesn't look anything like the mascot. When you zoom into an ice worm, it looks very hairy, like it's got all these bristles and many little like segments and weird, very weird, big mouth. It's a little horrible looking.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A lot of the ship when you get down to that level, is like truly that you can just copy any horror movie monsters from like what's happening at achroscopic level? Good just is the scariest thing you've ever seen. Just the size of a buffalo. We would all be fucked.
Speaker 5: All yeah, if we were that tiny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 5: Well, this is sort of a specific message directly for my dog. It's that my shoulders. My dog does love this show more than she loves me, I think, But she during a thunderstorm, she does get on my shoulders every single time. And I don't know what to tell her, but being on my shoulders doesn't make the thunder any quieter. And she scratches me with her little paws, which I know her paws have been in pp and doo dooo because I've seen it. And so she gets up there, she scratches me with her little peepee doodoo. Pause, and she's still scared. So what she'll do is she'll get back down off my shoulders and then get back on them again. And I don't know what to tell her. It's not gonna it's not gonna stop the thunder.
Speaker 1: Well, that one didn't work. Let's try it again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't try hard enough.
Speaker 5: You didn't get on the shoulders hard enough, you didn't scratch my the skin on my neck good enough to make the thunderstop?
Speaker 1: And is your dog assize that you could like start walking around like wearing it perched on your shoulder or yes.
Speaker 5: The problem the problem with that if I did do that, she would dig her nails into my skin and potentially rip out my artery.
Speaker 4: But you know, like it.
Speaker 1: Fashion is painful. Sometimes we have to suffer for fashion.
Speaker 5: That is true. That is true, she is fashionable. I have I have pictures of me with her wrapped around my neck. Maybe I'll send that in as my photo for this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like stealing the thunder of like parrot people and snake people by like wearing a dog wrapped your neck or on your shoulder. Oh yeah, is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 5: Twitter Blue, folks, it's so good. Yes, I mean, I just the thing is what's nice about Twitter Blue is that normally Surreen McKellen doesn't know I exist, But with Twitter Blue, I can tweet under his tweet and be like go woke, go broke laugh emoji. Yeah, and Bilbo Baggins more like Dildo Baggins and he has to look at it legally, he has to look at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the law. How are you guys dealing with the loss of the blue the blue check is? I never had one?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really, birds right probst.
Speaker 5: Prod rights Uh huh, never.
Speaker 1: Had nearly four hundred thousand followers, one of the most retweeted Twitter accounts of all time. They were just like, this isn't a real bird.
Speaker 5: I'm dragging you all back down to my level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right naked, and now you're stuck on here with me, the writer of birds Rights technics.
Speaker 5: If you want a real underrated Uh, there's a really good way to reheat pizza using a pan. Has anyone done this one before? On the show?
Speaker 7: We have?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I once I learned it, I became insufferable to anybody reheating.
Speaker 5: From It's very good. Yeah, but you know, you know what it is. You put the pizza in the pan, and then you put a little bit of water in the pan, and you put the lid over the pan in it. Yeah, crisps the bottom makes the cheese smelty, really nice.
Speaker 1: I do thirty seconds without the water, just yeah, out in the open. What a little crazy I know. Oh wow, wait, Andrew, were you the one who taught us that reheating technique?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I maybe is that that's like something that you've I definitely do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think I'm pretty sure you were the originator in my mind of that heating technique.
Speaker 4: I mean, I just found it on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Actually it's a great site. I don't know what everybody's so mad about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know the problem is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my my little edition is instead of putting a little foil because my Dutch oven lid is made by the same company as my cast hired pan lid, so you can just put one on top of the other, really really get like a little oven going.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you're the only one who's got a lid.
Speaker 4: That what people use.
Speaker 2: People use the I feel like every one thing I read is like put a little aluminum foil tent on it, and I don't know time or aluminum foil.
Speaker 1: For that the LED community.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm insulted. You don't think I have lids.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just saying people don't think. I don't know. I always I was no how about this. I was using foil for an absurdly long time. It was like checking, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I don't just put a lid on this, right, These idiots don't know what it is, right, I should I should add this PM.
Speaker 5: About I'll tell you a thing about Leeds.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you a thing or two.
Speaker 1: I do all my Christmas shopping at Lyds every year. So yeah, my wife is a very lucky woman. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. We're we're talking about never mind, you'll just have to put it together for yourself. We're talking about Tucker Carlson's what we're talking about. Tucky Carl's on his way out. We learned Monday morning. I think everybody was like, there's got to be more to this, and like he's like moving on to bigger and better things that are going to be soul extinguishing.
Speaker 5: I thought he was gonna do a Marvel movie.
Speaker 1: The next step. Yeah, or Andrew, you were saying maybe it maybe on the other.
Speaker 2: But my hope is he's gonna be announced as the star of the new Daily Wire Studios movie.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe a Gina Corano joint.
Speaker 1: Who knows, Yeah, Gina Carano round com with Tuger Carlson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just the see that woodness white people acting you could find I.
Speaker 1: Can actually see that losing a lot of money.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be like an aborted baby came back to Earth. But as an adult to Dragon, we could write.
Speaker 4: This now, we could we could get this outlined and set it off. The chat gpt by.
Speaker 1: The end of this episode, but it seemed like he was just fired like kind of without really putting a big plan in in place. They were just like, yeah, he's not gonna be on his show tonight.
Speaker 5: Why he's I know, he ended his last show with like, I'll see you next week, so I don't think yeah, he didn't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the timing is interesting just because they just settled that lawsuit with Dominion for like, you know, a long way towards a billion dollars. It was like seven hundred and something million dollars.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 1: It was way up there, getting getting close to a bill, and so I don't know, it seems it seems like if Fox wanted to fire him, it would have made sense to do that during that process. So they like get credit from you know, the plaintiff, for the judge or whatever, like for you know, taking this seriously. So it's interesting that after they settled, they're like, and also, your ass is fired.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know if that's because that makes me think it might not be the reason, right, because I think there are multiple Fox hosts who were sort of sighted in the dominion lawsuit that we're not fired. I mean, I don't. I feel like we're gonna learn more about this tomorrow or something.
Speaker 1: But sure by the time people can hear this episode, yeah, they'll have learned more than Yeah, but it's fun to spulate here in the past.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think we might not. I think, you know, like they're just gonna it's gona have the leak, right, Like, yeah, Kendall's gonna leak it. I think Kendall's probably gonna leak it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Kendall Jenner.
Speaker 1: No, Kendall Roy from a Succession, Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's there's so much more vivid to me. I can't remember who was a real life person.
Speaker 1: I know. It really feels well. Also, like, as you know, Succession is winding to it's like final episode, and it's been a pretty good season so far in my opinion, but like people seem to be really enjoying it and talking about it like an old fashioned HBO show, like they we have this news story drop Monday morning that like, the speculation is that he had said the wrong thing about the wrong Fox executive in the Dominion leaks, because there he was on Wax saying some wild shit like in the like he was on on Wax saying he hated Donald Trump, which that can't be good for his popularity with his bass. I don't know if it like affected his ratings or anything, but he I think what does matter is that he insulted the wrong the wrong executive, and that executive might have headed out for him.
Speaker 5: I just love, I love, I would love it so much if he was brought down just by the pettiest, pettiest thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think that's his version of events. I think he's basically like, yeah, they somebody didn't didn't like the tuck and had to you know, however, referred to himself and you know, tried to take me out. I like the version that what the Washington Post gave, which was the one that like kind of in the first way of the stories made the most sense that it was just, you know, he had said the wrong thing about the wrong executive. It still also sounds like what Tucker Carlson would be saying, Like if you asked him what happened, it would be an evil executive who like couldn't take his harsh truths fires. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just so wild because it's like, obviously this man is a colossal asshole every single second of the day in the world. Yeah, Like, would you be scared, offended or not like offended or by anything he said? I just don't like if you already art executive at Fox had choose to work with him, what what?
Speaker 4: Literally? What could he say that right?
Speaker 5: Blowing up the shared bathroom?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gonna be something like that.
Speaker 1: I mean some of the details from the leaks were that his show and like the writer's room for his show, which apparently there's a writer room writer's room for his show was like it was just like the first person anecdotes. It was like stuff that would have been deemed like sexual harassment in Mad Men like it. It was just like straightforward misogyny on a level that was like felt like they immediately after were like I can buy my way out of anything type.
Speaker 4: You know, I.
Speaker 5: Imagine that their writer's room is just two wheels and one with like nouns on it and another wheel like with like is woke is cancel culture? Those just two things.
Speaker 1: Invade Canada, Sure, fuck it, let's go with that. That was what his latest documentary was about, invading how we should invade and liberate Canada. But I mean there have been these moments like that. There have been moments where Fox didn't seem to have the courage of Tucker Carlson's. Like he had a head writer who is discovered to be like an openly racist troll on some internet forum and like that guy got fired like the day after was discovered or like tendered his resignation in a way that seemed like yeah, Carls, someone's like, you got to be out of here. So it's it's almost it's a year.
Speaker 4: And I agree with everything you said, but we can't have that smoke out there. Bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's like that's the ship you say on your show every night. Like, I don't know, it's so weird. They're like more careful behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: Then I think it's because they can be sued by employees behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I mean that makes sense. And also like they are creating content for an audience that they don't respect or you know, understand or agree with, and so they're just out there basically being like, come slap it up, piggies, you know. Yeah, of course I said that these people believe stupid shit. My viewers are idiots.
Speaker 5: I mean, it is brain poison. Like that guy. I'm sure you probably talked about this, but that guy that shot that poor kid through the door, yeah, because he was like, oh no, it's it's in Kansas.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like a black thirteen year old.
Speaker 1: Child going to pick up his sibling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And he's like some eighty something white guy and he's like, oh, well, I listened to Fox News all day because I think it was like his grandson told the news like yeah, he's like listens to Fox News all the time, and he's a racist. He's just sitting there absorbing hate like during his entire waking hours. And so he's like, well, you know, I'm terrified of this child and I'm going to shoot him. And I don't you know, I don't necessarily buy that he was scared. I think it may have been you know, anger, rage or something just to like, you know, you're on my porch, I'm gonna shoot you. But yeah, these people are they're like it's not to say this guy was a nice guy before he started watching Fox News, but they just sit there consuming this like hate, like his brain poison.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The thing I think with the it's like they make this stuff, but like there's the problem is there's clearly a contingent at Fox News that believes their news right and like has some level of power.
Speaker 4: It's probably like a seventy thirty, but like I feel like it's just like from time to time they have to throw these people abode.
Speaker 1: And yeah, that's right. That seems like what's going.
Speaker 4: On this is like I mean, admittedly the biggest isn't this the biggest bone they have?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought he had the he had the largest viewership.
Speaker 1: I would love to hear you say that, but yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Mean it could be with all the advertiser Boycott's his show is not the most profitable, but he's definitely got the largest viewership.
Speaker 2: It's all the carriage fees, by the way, Yeah, that's that's the thing. You got to tell your cable company, don't pay Fox don't pay more for Fox.
Speaker 5: News, right, because Fox has gone woke.
Speaker 1: That's right. Let him know, folks, I mean they they are getting it from that end, right as Yeah, you know, oh ann or whatever the fuck is like Fox's Fox doesn't respect our president one in true prison. Yeah, I mean I think that.
Speaker 2: It's also like like we'll see whether it's Tucker made Fox or Fox made Tucker, because I mean the thing is, you could put any racist person.
Speaker 4: In there and it will I'm sure, do fine, sure?
Speaker 1: I mean he was the replacement for Bill O'Reilly, right, And I remember a similar feeling when Bill O'Reilly was replaced and I was like, wow, like a giant has fallen, a giant in the world of racism. This is great news for all of us. And then just like a younger, smarter version of him.
Speaker 2: Or racist for sure is going to happen, and they will build this person up like as effortlessly.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 5: Who do you think is going to be the new tech?
Speaker 1: Oh man?
Speaker 4: I mean I feel like they haven't answered my audition tape, but I.
Speaker 1: Would have guessed. Yeah, I would have guessed either Andrew t obviously or Dan Bongino, but Dan Bonge like that was the person I was real scared of, like because he seemed just completely racist and was like had a huge podcast and seemed to like understand media somehow, and then they fired his ass on Friday, like he he was just like kind of an up and coming correspondent. So it does feel like maybe there is like something to that internal Fox We're actually a news company versus Fox WWE racism energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the journal that we are at, real journalism clowns have the most power probably now than they ever have in like contemporary flight news. Not that it's the majority of the power, but I think they have as much power as they're ever going to have. Yeah, like see where they're they're gonna we're losing our credibility as a news organization and yeah, yeah, sure, I guess I.
Speaker 1: Do wonder if they're because there are pending lawsuits against o NN and Newsmax that I wonder if them being like, well, those people are going to be like bankrupted by the end of this year factored in because that like thinking as like a business person, they probably are like won't he just like go over there and take his viewers with him? So they must have some feeling that like those companies.
Speaker 2: Will like it's not their viewers, like people like it's like people's grandparents who literally don't know how to change the channel from.
Speaker 5: Fresh News exactly. They just I mean, it's it's burned into their screens, right, Like they turn on the TV, it's on Fox, and they just play it in the background all day. I don't think they're going to go online to try to like follow Tucker Carlson to wherever he's going. I think it's like such a passive just like, well, I turn on Fox News and that's what I do. I mean, I think they'll be upset that Tucker's gone, but I don't I don't see them like having the savvy to like well, I mean some of them of course, but a lot of them I think are just gonna they just have it on as background noise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the replacement will be the same ship. I I'm want to put my money in. I won't know what odds I could get for Joe Rogan.
Speaker 1: Wow, I mean, he would he want to do it?
Speaker 2: It would be it.
Speaker 4: Would be a pay cut and he'd need a carve out for his broadcast. But I think I think the uh, that time.
Speaker 2: Slot is not very hard it's it's got to be some of the easiest, it's the most lucrative per hour work you could do on Earth.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 5: I would say Ben Shapiro, but I don't think he would play well with the older generation. He's he's too much of a little boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's I think they would just be like, this guy's annoying. Yeah, that is a detail that I assumed was from reality. But the the chiron for Fox being like burned into the screen of because Succession like mentioned that as a talking point a season or two ago, and apparently that's real, Like that happens all the time. I guess, Charlie Kirk, like, these are all people who are Internet famous. It's probably like one of those things where you know, a movie Snakes on a Plane is like a big deal on the Internet, and then it comes out and like actually watch it in theaters. Like I'm leaning towards all these people who are like internet famous, and then they'll probably pick somebody who has like good news anchor fundamentals for a bunch of like bullshit reasons that yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be it's gonna be a local Fox newsperson or like a fifty seven year old Wall Street Journal editor, Like.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's just like some shit you've never heard of, like Cannedy will take his slot and someone's gonna take Hannity's slot.
Speaker 4: That's true. Everyone moves up long left the King.
Speaker 1: Wait, was Hannity not the most key time slot? I assume Hannity was the best time slot?
Speaker 4: Is he Fox News schedule?
Speaker 1: I do know Tuger Carlson's ratings were the highest.
Speaker 5: That did that auto complete for you? Andrew?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, no, I was doing a bookmark, not it?
Speaker 1: What the Fox have to say about this?
Speaker 4: Oh wow? It literally yeah, eight pm is just blank right now?
Speaker 1: Whoops?
Speaker 2: Oh boy, it's it's actually just an hour of like commercials for like gold and like you know, fucking like anti woke guns.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just keep rerunning Birth of a Nation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, it's gonna be something worse though. Whatever they're like, somehow temper temper your celebrations because this a thousand percent is going to end up worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean I would say someone like Michael Knowles, but I feel like he's too nakedly genocidal.
Speaker 1: That's what I've thought that before about plenty of right wing people that Fox.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no bottom. There's no bottom.
Speaker 1: Well, because the thing, like the ecosystem for Fox News is truly like things that happen on the like in Nazi forums or on like right wing talk radio, like bubble up and then make their way there and then they sort of.
Speaker 5: They dog whistle it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like how BuzzFeed used to work with Reddit, where they would just like buzzfeeds just like a repackaging system for Reddit stuff.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I could see some them going with someone who's like got more rate, like started on radio.
Speaker 4: Or something like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's like storm Front kind of goes through a sewage treatment plant and then it's still sewage, but it's not quite as raw as it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and filtered.
Speaker 2: It's truly it's a copy editor. The copy editor on the various Nazi screens they found today.
Speaker 5: Yes, right, wonderful, Like can we replace the Jews with bankers?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that find and replace Jews and bankers?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back and we're back and all right, so the check mark Twitter blue. The drama continues. Somehow got like even stupid over the weekend, they awarded a gold Verification badge, which they try to like make companies pay one thousand dollars per month for. So they gave the gold Verification badge to Disney Junior. Unfortunately it was a parody account, which they would have known if they just like did the very basic thing that every all of us do on Twitter now where you go back and like look twenty posts deep to make sure that they are who they say they are. You can tell they published racial slurs and claimed that South Park and Family Guy were headed to Disney Junior UK. So presumably they gave the gold check Mark gold verification badge to an eleven year old.
Speaker 4: It sounds like.
Speaker 1: It would be so tight.
Speaker 5: They don't have any employees left as far as I can tell, Like there's nobody left working at Twitter. So it's just like Elon and someone he's holding hostage, Yeah, doing everything.
Speaker 4: Well, a bunch of like visas being helped, Yeah, exactly. The other thing would I actually do to figure out if someone quickly you can just scroll down to the like recommended when you go to someone's profile and it's like so.
Speaker 2: Clear whether there or not. Like the Nazis, you know, love following each other. So it's just like immediately you can figure it out. That's very very that part of the AI works great.
Speaker 1: He has managed to not fuck that one up the presumably eleven year old who runs the fake because who would create a fake Disney Junior Perry account like that? I feel like there aren't that many adults who are interested in that. We're the ones who are worried about. But anyways, when they received the gold verification badge, they tweeted, no fucking way, this isn't actually real, right, what a mess?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: No way you do?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 2: Like crypto people. Yeah, who has a thousand bucks a month for this joke? I guess it's someone who got in it.
Speaker 5: Well, no, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think he paid.
Speaker 1: I think he just got think Disney Disney probably paid, and then they gave it to the parody account.
Speaker 5: No, I think like they're just well I think what they might be doing is just giving it to some accounts people. Right, not enough people are buying it, and so not enough people are buying the blue checks, so they're forcing the blue checks on big popular accounts like Ian McKellen. But I think also not enough organizations are buying the gold and so they're probably like trying to force it on organizations to make it seem more popular. But unfortunately they did like put it on the Disney Junior fake account. They talked about.
Speaker 1: Like south Park, that would be so tight if it was on Disney.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine Cartman, but he's on Disney. Yeah, let me say those words, but I'd like to hear them on Disney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that that was the other big strategy they took this weekend. After doing the purge of the like you know, verification blue check marks at the end of last week, they then realized nobody was left who had blue check marks, and then they started giving them back to people with more than a million followers, just automatically. And like you said, Katie, their strategy seems to be to pretend that these people paid for it, because when they gave it back, the blue check mark things that this account is verified because they are subscribers to Twitter Blue and the verify and verify their phone number.
Speaker 4: I mean, it seems like they're openly stating that people paid for things that they didn't pay for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which, yeah, I think multiple will have pointed out that that might be illegal because you're faking a celebrity endorsement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Chadwick Boseman apparently paid for this, Kobe Bryant, Anthony Board, Dave La Yeah, yeah, over the weekend, they all paid for it. That's wild. And also it's just I mean, they just broke the one thing that like worked about Twitter, and now they're like putting just various worse versions of it, like that just a blue check mark that cannotes if people have a million followers is so since since that's information you can find with a single click already, Like it's just so stupid and half assed and poorly thought through.
Speaker 5: And well I think it's worse than that because I think it's in because like it's somewhat inconsistent. I think some accounts that have under a million followers have also gotten the blue check forsted on them, and sometimes it's used it's like sometimes it seems to be done as retribution. So like yes, like Matt Binder got like a blue check after sort of reporting on the block the blue campaign. It looks like Wint, I mean, Wint has over a million followers, but this happened to him I think before the other accounts where he he's that he's the drill account. Yeah, and he got he got a blue check mark foisted on him, so he changed his handle to get rid of it, and then it got put back on his account, and then he changed his handle again to get rid of it, and then it got put back on his account again. Which it's I feel it's actually it's got to be elon clicking a button or telling one of the visa holders he's holding hostage to press a button over and over again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's really Listen, I will just say I do. I I feel like I've been endorsing blocking people that give money to Twitter for several years now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I just it's I'm so glad.
Speaker 2: To see people getting on board with this practice because it is very gratifying and it's just like, you know, this weekend, I got like minor carpal tunnel from from like the block spree.
Speaker 4: But it was worth it. I feel great.
Speaker 5: I mean you kind of have to to make it usable because otherwise all the replies, because the blue check marks are get amplified in the reply, so you see those first. Otherwise all of the replies are just laugh cry emoji after laugh cry amenergy.
Speaker 4: It's so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is like like watching them lose in the marketplace of ideas is so gratifying. You're like, oh, I'm paid to be at the front of the line to be just stupid and uninteresting.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so so many levels of a bad idea. Like it was a bad idea for him to devalue the you know, verification blue check by selling it, and then to then get rid of get rid of the verification check altogether, to completely devalue the value of the thing that he was trying to sell in the first place. And now his strategy is to like like punish people by giving them the thing that he claims is cool and is something you should want. Is it's really just galaxy bra I mean, this guy must be working on so many different levels.
Speaker 5: He's got to have a lot of rockets that don't explode.
Speaker 1: You guys, I'm gonna start asking this of like most of our guests, because I'm just curious to hear do you think he is an idiot? I am starting to suspect like I always had like this. I'm like, well, you know, he's probably smart about some things. And then like, you know, it's just stretch, stretch, too thin. But like some of these people who claim he's a genius must like know what they're talking about, and like more and more now I'm just like, I think he might just be an idiot who was in the right place at the right time. Yeah, And you can't be the richest person in the world and be an idiot without everybody trying to cover up that fact because it puts the lie to the entire system that our civilization like rests on. So they all have to be like, he's a genius, folks, look at this car he didn't design.
Speaker 5: I think he has a very specific talent, which is marketing things to people who are kind of.
Speaker 4: Gullible and to like vcs right, Yes.
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely, I think he is good at blowing smoke up the asses of other rich idiots. I think like he's good at I mean, he's good at sort of doing weed thoughts, like, man, what if AI, like we gave AI a perspective on the universe, then it won't ill us.
Speaker 1: But he gets all those from other places, like he just steals them from course, Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Mean there are there's still so the thing is he steals dumb things from other places, which it's so, you know, the sort of cycle of stealing bad memes and reposting them as his own. But yeah, I mean I do. I don't think he's like he's certainly not a genius at anything. I don't think he's very smart at a lot of things. I think he's an idiot at a lot of other things. I mean, at humor, he's like the least funny person in the world. But I think like his talent is specifically marketing and being a salesman for kind of dumb rich people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's right.
Speaker 4: But it's like I think I don't know if he's unique. It's just that he had the sort of misfortune. It's obviously he's his life is fine, but like he had the misfortune of being this person during Internet times, like you know, Dale Carnegie, I'm sure was a fucking idiot too. It's just that like we didn't he didn't feel compelled to like tell us every single one of his thoughts unfiltered by an editor right constantly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Henry Ford was a literal anti semitic eugenesis.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, it's just like Elon Muskus is that Henry Ford didn't have Twitter.
Speaker 1: Right exactly. Yeah, yeah, he did put the anti Semitic Nazi propaganda in cars that he sold in the glove Box's pretty well, yeah that was his Twitter.
Speaker 4: He was like, here you go.
Speaker 5: But like celebrities are like they're so shamed by the blue check mark. They're giving anti endorsements, like they're saying, I did not pay for this shit. Please don't think I paid for this shit, even like, like I mentioned like Ian McKellen because he's like he tweeted like I didn't pay for this, and it's like it's so embarrassing. Even someone like Ian McKellan, who I can't imagine is like super like up to date with all the instans out ins and outs of Twitter, like one of his probably is pr People's like you gotta tell them that you didn't pay for this.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's truly a new level of marketing failure, like we've never seen anything. I guess social media like makes it possible for things to like backfire more significantly. But like to see someone have an idea going in, say what the idea is, have everyone tell them that isn't going to work, and then have it just like in a multi stage to disaster just not work in the exact way everybody predicted is pretty impressive.
Speaker 4: It's like, honestly, well because it's like and you read all these you know, elon stands like they I they think they genuinely thought that the blue check made Lebron James cool, Like I think for real think that, And it's like, do you not understand how like how is your directionality on this?
Speaker 1: So often it's crazy.
Speaker 5: I mean it's like Piers Morgan's scolding Stephen King for like not wanting to pay for Twitter given all the exposure that Twitter's given him. They don't. They don't. They fundamentally don't understand that celebrities being on Twitter don't benefit that much from Twitter.
Speaker 1: In fact, I would argue it's been bad for them to ruin any of them that we were like, oh, they're actually pretty smart and normal, and then they start talking politics and you're like, ooh no, buddy, yeah sorry, go ahead, Katie I interrupted, Oh no, no, it's.
Speaker 5: Just yeah, I mean it it's like they bring value to the website, right because people log in they want to see what, you know, what celebrities are posting, so you know, celebrities do it somewhat because maybe it gives them a little bit of marketing power.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: Personally, I think a lot of it is just you know, ego, because it's it's fun to talk to your fans, fun to feel loved on Twitter. Everyone likes to feel, you know, get the get the adrenaline rush of like, hey, lots of people liked my post. That's cool. But they're not financially benefiting that much from Twitter. Twitter was financially benefiting from the celebrities pulling in the audience, so then they could you know, look at ads and stuff. But also they're apparently think you making advertisers by the blue check or something. And someone pointed out that now that people are running scripts to block all the blue checks, like that will also block all advertisers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, That's what I've been doing anyway. So it's really my feet is It's nice, but it's well, it's the opposite, but in a better way. It is pure bottom of the barrel.
Speaker 2: Like I've got through any like, you know, blue chip advertiser, any like whatever, two three levels beyond that, and now it's just garbage and lunatics and it's you know, very hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder like the same way that Donald Trump is like jealous of all celebrities, and like I feel like that's the same place Elon Musk is coming from. Like so he is coming in with this sort of misguided idea of how celebrity works that is just like warped by him being like I'm actually like I should be the most famous one and like Iah and so it's I feel like that is how this massive blind spot and it's not making this possible.
Speaker 4: Listen, it's so eat.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: Billionaires obviously horrible people. But if you wanted to be a cool billionaire, all you have to do is pay cool people and fucking throw parties and whatever. You have someone cool handle it, and you will be good. Like that is, you know, cool enough and homelessness and just a city. Let's just pick a city. But you're not even doing good ship, just doing just dumb shit. You could be cool.
Speaker 2: He but thinks he actually needs to be the generator of the cool, which is like not what his capital does.
Speaker 4: Just use their money to buy cool, like every other fucking rich person's ever done.
Speaker 5: You think he's surrounded himself by the dumbest yes men, the like the sycophants who themselves don't have good judgment, to the point where he really believes he is funny and beloved. And it's like, but you look at actual Elon fans, because there are Elon fans right, Like, it's not it's not entirely untrue that like some people like them, but they are similarly have no sense of humor. Like their sense of humor is like laugh cry emoji. H and that's it. Like they don't they don't understand how comedy works. I feel like this happens.
Speaker 1: You don't understand how comedy works. Laugh cry, laugh cry emoji.
Speaker 5: I have been owned. Yeah no, I mean it's just that he's so you can tell he's like when he went on stage with Dave Chappelle and everyone boot him like he did, was not expecting that.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do here, Dave he said, so healthy.
Speaker 4: It's really and if you can't get fucking Dave Chappelle fans who are already like predisposed to like this, that's unbelievable. Yeah yeah, what a run.
Speaker 1: What a run, Katie. Such a pleasure having you on the daily geist as always where can people find you and follow you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you so much for having me. This was a blast. You can find me on my podcast Creature, feature about all the weirdest and wackiest animals in the world. I also am now the co host of Secretly Incredibly Fascinating with Absolute Monster Alex.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm so glad to be validated as such a diva, such a monster. Just the energy is toxic.
Speaker 5: He seems like the Anner Minutes most delightful person in reality. Yeah, he is a monster, but yeah, I'm secretly incredibly fascinating. We talk about something that seems like it wouldn't be that interesting, but Alex surprises me with amazing facts about that thing, and it is actually fascinating. I also write for Some More News, the only news show in the world on.
Speaker 1: YouTube of the best It's uh yeah, I've done an episode. What was the most recently? Secretly incredibly by the way, the man has secrets, like to just look at the title.
Speaker 5: Of his show, The Man He's got skeletons, skeletons spooky in his closet?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 1: What's one of the recent episodes?
Speaker 5: The most recent one that we did was on chalkboards.
Speaker 1: Chalkboards. Yeah, but I thought the subject wasn't supposed to be obviously incredibly fit.
Speaker 5: Turns out, chalkboards made by aliens. Listen to the episode to find out more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys are lucky. You dodged a dodged a tractor beam because I had a whole alien thing lined up. Oh, Andrew, you're here tomorrow, your guest hosting tomorrow, so you might still catch that stray.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I right it right, It's gonna be wonderful.
Speaker 1: Katie. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 5: I have been enjoying. Oh I see, yes, Uh actually.
Speaker 1: I see yes.
Speaker 5: You gotta you gotta squeeze the last bits of Twitter out before it dies, right like kind of get get that, get that enjoyment out, like the last drops out of a dying lemon. And what I've been enjoying is this tweet that is Have you seen that photo of Alex Baldwin recently returned home with his wife Hilario Alex Baldwin, Yeah, Alex is Baldwin. Ye, Alec Baldwin's wife Hilaria in his lap, curled up like the littlest baby, his eyes are closed to right, his eyes are closed. He's like and he's got he looks sort of like a Santa and he's he's got her in his lap. And this is after his manslaughter charges were dropped. The photo itself is sort of a Renaissance era work of art, so I do appreciate that. Yeah, and but there's a tweet by Dennis Hogan who writes, this is actually a common way to pose for photos in Mallorca, Spain. Where hilarious from.
Speaker 1: That's right, Andrew, where can people find you? Thank you so much for your guest hosting.
Speaker 4: First, Oh, yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: I guess I back on back on Twitter, well, alast at Andrew T and podcast is Joe is this racist? And our premium shows are at suboptimal pods dot com we've been doing.
Speaker 4: Oh, we have a very special I don't know when it's coming out. I think it's coming out soon.
Speaker 2: We had a little premium debate on Big Trouble in Little China, so get ready that very dumb.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's where you can find me. That's it?
Speaker 1: And is there what media you've been enjoying beyondre just.
Speaker 2: We're back on since We're back on Twitter. Here's a tweet I really liked, obviously about this whole thing. So sad he can make a car that blows up and a rocket that blows up, but still can't write a tweet that blows up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very very good.
Speaker 1: I've I'm gonna say some tweets I enjoyed too, just because at Ginny Hogan underscore tweeted life is short, okay, fair, but it's also the longest thing I've ever personally experienced. And then just Dan White at Dan White at at Dan White is just a delight, and he tweeted making friends with my neighbor David, and then, uh, it's just a Twitter conversation, dude, what the fuck are you doing to your grass? Looks so good? And then David says, oh, thanks man, I don't know, just watering, I guess so fucking green. Yeah. Thanks, Russia's ship too, so fucking jealous. Thanks. My fucking yard sucks, don't you think question Mark, David, don't you think my yard fucking sucks?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: No, it's fine, thanks man. I hate these fucking loosers on our street. Do you vape? Maybe we should go to top golf sometime this motherfucker kills me. Also, are you guys watching Jury Duty? Speaking of n O, it's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I got house plants, so I relate heart to the lush stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: There's a show on FREEV. This is gonna be my first free V recommendation called Jury Duty that on Josy recommended and then a bunch of other people recommended. Finally watched it over the weekend and I'm only a couple episodes then, but it has one of the biggest laughs out time. I'm not gonna say it one more, but check it out. Yeah, it made me cross laugh. Anyways. You can find me on Twitter a jack hunderscore o Brian. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page on a website daily zeikeist dot com where we post our episodes and our footnotes were off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy and super producer Justin Connor, is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is a bootleg of a classic Too Short song called blow the Whistle and in honor of Katie being here, a host of the fantastic podcast Creature feature this as an instrumental by DJ Snake called bird Machine laid.
Speaker 1: Underneath it bird Machine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it sounds like what happens when like an old school g funk rapper is rapping over bird song.
Speaker 1: It's a crazy mash.
Speaker 6: Up by some guy on SoundCloud called Cosmo Baker. So yeah, you can find the song called blow the Bird Whistle too, Short Machine bootleg and you can find a song in.
Speaker 1: The footnote footnotes. The Daily's Kid is a production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the Arheart Radio Wrap Apple Podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is gonna do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we'll talk to you all then. Bye.
Speaker 2: M