Speaker 1: On the Breakfast Club and the words of charlemagnea god, he's a donkey.
Speaker 2: Ah Man, Charlamagne, you've given donkey the day to who now.
Speaker 1: Donkey of today for Wednesday, February nineteenth goes to Terrell Ephron known as asaf Rally. Now, I never heard of a brother before this case with Asap Rocky. If you haven't heard, by the way, asap Rocky was facing two felony councils assault with a firearm in connection with this altercation that happened with asap Rally. But yesterday he was acquitted of shooting a Savarell. He found not guilty on all charges. Let's go to the ABC News florry for police.
Speaker 3: Asaf Rocky was looking at more than two decades behind bars if he had been found guilty. So if we put ourselves in his shoes, it's easy to understand the amount of emotion and joy and relief we saw from him when the verdict was handed down.
Speaker 2: I'm guilty, relief.
Speaker 3: And joy as a sap Rocky heard not guilty. The rapper whose real name is Racki Meyers literally leaping into the arms of his partner Superstar ran Up.
Speaker 2: It was the first of two.
Speaker 3: Verdicts handed down in his favor as he faced two felony counts of assault with a deadly weapon, accused of firing a semi automatic firearm at former friend Asaprelli in November of twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: This whole experience has been crazy for the past four years.
Speaker 2: But I'm thankful.
Speaker 1: Nonetheless, I'm thankful, and this would be blessed to be.
Speaker 2: Here right now, to be a freeman talking to y'all. Thank you, all praise.
Speaker 1: Due to God, traveling the clues bombs for asaf rock and all praises do to God.
Speaker 2: Why they keep calling him Rakim? I thought it was Rock Kim. Ain't he named after Rock Kim? Rock him? And he keeps saying Rakim.
Speaker 1: But let's be clear, Asaparelli was just trying to get paid, all right, nothing more than nothing less.
Speaker 2: And this is the world that we live in.
Speaker 1: When you are a person a statue, you know, some celebrity people think you got some paper, you will always look like a walking lick to those folks, which is why my advice to everyone who got something to lose isolation. All right, put your boundary up, stay within your circle. Everybody that's not within that circle is dangerous. And as we see in this case, sometimes people in your circle are dangerous most of the time the most dangerous.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I know this type of betrayal has been going on since the beginning of time, but we really in a sue happy world, and you got folks like Asaf Relly who are looking for a quick payday and they don't care.
Speaker 2: Who they lie on to get it.
Speaker 1: Now, the reason that asaf Relly is getting donkey other day is because he can't even rack right. All right, Relly, you just on the stand and got caught lion every which way. I mean, you took the stand in, just lied, lied, lied every which way you could possibly think of. I'm talking up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, press B, press A press art. Oh, Relly, You're gonna need all the lives you can get. Okay, you got on the stand and tried to take Rocky out, but you're spinning the wind and now you the one would talk two on your chin.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: According to Rocky's defense, you committed perjury, all right, allegedly Okay. Some of your mistruths, according to TM seeing the New York Times, included you denying shooting guns at the firing range in LA only to be confronted with video.
Speaker 2: Of you shooting guns at a firing range in LA.
Speaker 1: Rocky's lawyer asap Joe what's his name, tacopina A, sap Joe, takapina I think too, Tocopoena. He thinks you're allying so much that he blamed the La County's DA office for embracing perjury. Now what I found interesting was there was these phone calls, and then the phone calls you admitted you just wanted some money.
Speaker 2: Okay. In fact, you said you wanted to try to shake Rocky down for.
Speaker 1: Money in a certain way because you didn't want to be accused of extortion.
Speaker 2: Can we listen to that call already know I.
Speaker 1: Mean thirty or away because another IHL relas you get what I'm saying, scrambling to find me because now they have to.
Speaker 2: Go against Rocky.
Speaker 1: The scene and Needy have evidence.
Speaker 2: And they the same when we present to a jury. Then you don't have a complaining witness.
Speaker 1: Now this call was presented in court, and listen to what really said about the calls.
Speaker 2: You guys just keep playing faith Utio two.
Speaker 3: Face up I never said none of that to him.
Speaker 2: It doesn't even make a series. It was in that moment that the jurors made up their mind.
Speaker 1: Okay, between this and the fact that the weapon Rocky had was a prop gun. By the way, Rocky, don't never do that. Why you're walking around with a prop gun for protection? Okay, how's that gonna scare somebody? All right, especially somebody with a real gun? What if they quick on the draw it in you? What if they pull theirs while you pull yours?
Speaker 2: Then what you rich? Higher arm security?
Speaker 1: But listen, really, the morrow to the story is y'all negros watch too much power? Okay, matter of fact, you not even power, you empire. You wasn't even trying to be realistic Ley. Okay, if Reley was a GPS, you'd never reach your destination. It'd be just a bunch of wrong turns and detours. He's the friend that tells you he's five minutes away and hasn't even left the house yet.
Speaker 2: Just lying for no reason and rally.
Speaker 1: You found out firsthand what happens when you put your hand on a bible and lie. Rocky found not guilty, but you, Oh no, no, no, you waste the DA's time playing around. Somebody gotta go to jail. Okay, why not the guy who allegedly may have committed perjury? Why not the guy who allegedly was trying to extort their friend for thirty million dollars rally. You said they was gonna be scrambling to find you on an island. Well, I think that in the future that island's gonna be richers. Okay, Please let riby MA give torel Efren aka asap rally the biggest.
Speaker 2: He hull he ha, he ha. You stupid motherfucker? Are you dumb boy? People can lie. He should be prosecuted. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: If he was found perjury, prosecuting n words can lie for no reason, can't because.
Speaker 2: People gotta stop that?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: All right? Well, thank you for that. Donkey.
Speaker 1: I tell you I'm lying, though, and I tell you trust me even though I'm lying, Okay, And I tell you you should believe me even when I'm lying.
Speaker 2: The morl of the stories I'm telling you I'm lying.
Speaker 1: Donkey of Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull Lamb is soft. Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot com. That's Michael to Bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.
Speaker 2: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club