Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Let's go.
Speaker 3: Are you ready for a break? Yes?
Speaker 2: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Ready for a break? Yeah, and so much for that.
Speaker 4: It's time for The Break on Dallas Cowboys dot Com with Ambar Garcia, Brian brought Us, Nick Harris, and Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 2: It is Tuesday, December twenty fourth, twenty twenty four, Season twenty, episode number ninety one. Welcome to the latest edition of The Break. We are live in SWBC Mortgage Studios at the Star and it's festive time around here. It's Christmas Eve. Lots going on today. We have a lot of different topics we're going to hit you. There's a little Chrismas music there.
Speaker 3: No, I was just thinking there is a I believe the hail was on Christmas Eve? Christmas Day? Was it the twenty third? Gosh? Okay, I remember watching. I was thinking it was around the holidays. It's amazing the NFL playoffs are going on, like, yeah, Christmas December.
Speaker 2: And now you're Super Bowl in February.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now we're in the Monigral next year.
Speaker 5: Next sure, it'll be fifty years of the hill, Mary Hill.
Speaker 2: Mary, Yeah, you thought about Oh.
Speaker 5: I thought about it plenty this week. I certainly have.
Speaker 3: Is it one of the things there's never been a deep blue on the hill? Mary? Has it?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, we know that. We we've thought about doing some extra content on it, but we is it? It kind of it kind of fell apart. There was some some issues.
Speaker 3: R okay, web, Sorry I didn't ring it up.
Speaker 2: No, nothing bad, nothing bad. It was just like there was just some probably ran into it. We thought we had maybe the ball, the actual ball. It just didn't turn out.
Speaker 6: Oh, excuse me, it's the twenty eighth is it birthday? There you go, that's how you remember?
Speaker 2: That's I remember. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Didn't that ball end up in the stands?
Speaker 2: Actually?
Speaker 5: Go ahead, go ahead?
Speaker 3: You you I'm sorry, I mean you did. Did Drew Pearson throw the ball in the stands?
Speaker 6: So whenever he whenever he said he had a dream the night before where he caught the winning touchdown and threw the ball out of the stadium. So when he caught it, he was like, well, I got to throw it out of the stadium. So we threw it out of the stadium and with the met it was it was open ye that we have today, and so he threw it and it landed in the parking lot and never never recovered as far as we know.
Speaker 5: But we thought we maybe had it this past summer, but.
Speaker 2: We had a line to it, but it didn't work.
Speaker 3: Was it a Minneapolis fan?
Speaker 5: Long story?
Speaker 6: I don't know what we can share, So I'm just gonna you're done there.
Speaker 2: Okay, there was a whole thing. The whole thing, but we didn't realize there was such a to say. We didn't find the ball. We thought we may have had the ball, but it just we didn't feel comfortable that that was the ball.
Speaker 3: So yeah, hard to Okay, what did the ball say? Did the ball at the time? Could you identify it as saying exactly?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So this was it was this say this wouldn't be a this would be would be a Pete Roselle ball.
Speaker 5: It would be a Pete Roselle ball, and say the duke. Yes.
Speaker 6: In the seventies, it had a very specific brand on It had very specific uh typing on it. The air hole in the ball was had a very specific spot and then in the eighties it switched over or excuse me in nineteen seventy six, it switched over, so they go by ten year increments, but they go from like seventy or sixty six to seventy five and then seventy six to eighty five, and so like there was a like that was that like one of the probably one of the final balls that was used of like that era. Wow, And so yeah, there was even more confusion about Okay, is this ball this because of that or this because of that where they may be doing some eighties test balls in this game.
Speaker 5: There's there's all.
Speaker 2: Man, it was the whole thing and actually that may be worth a documentary and it really that process because it is it's a lot to consider when you're trying to identify and authenticate a ball from from a game that happened back in the seventies. Right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had a phenomenal time working for you guys for sixteen months. I always said the best thing that I ever worked on was the Marion Barber documentary.
Speaker 5: I will forever remember working on that.
Speaker 6: The second best thing that I ever worked on, nothing ever came of it. It was the Drew Pearson ball.
Speaker 3: So that was that's fascinating.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a fun time me and so was just Blake. He had a lot of late nights on the phone with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a lot of headaches on that one.
Speaker 5: Lot of headaches with that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let's jump in. I have some questions we didn't get to yesterday about the offense, and I want to take the first segment. I don't know, we're going to see and here you go.
Speaker 3: Second segment's see make questions we could pick off of Brian's before he.
Speaker 2: Gets started, got a lot of them. In the second segment, we'll dive inside the brain and Brian brought us And in the third segment, because it is Christmas Eve, we're gonna do some Christmas wishes here. I would go across the offensive, defense, coaching special teams. What do you guys have wishes for this team? We'll do that in the final segment, I Amber, how are you? We're just rolling along?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just came in here quietly drank my coffee. You know we should all be home right now, but glad to be here with yo, you all sharing this lovely morning.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 7: If you guys are listening outside of the FW area, is just raining.
Speaker 5: A lot right now.
Speaker 2: Understorms.
Speaker 7: It's very cloudy, very dark. It looks like everyone should be home right now.
Speaker 2: But it's not cold. That's the crazy part. Christmas time, and I ran in shorts this morning. It was sixty degrees.
Speaker 6: I was thinking too, with it being raining as hard as it is. I was like, if it was cold, we'll be getting a white.
Speaker 5: Christmas right now, yeah or not? Unfortunately not.
Speaker 2: Instead we got summer weather. Anyway, we'll do that summer walking packers. So let's talk about this offense. I want to start with Ceedee Lamb. In this last game, he had eight targets and seven receptions for one hundred and five yards. After the game, he made it clear his shoulder, yeah hurts like it hurts. It's messed up. What are your thoughts just on his will to play right now and whether it's a good thing. Jerry even mentioned it this morning on his hit with one on five three the fan. That's something they're going to keep an eye on, and they certainly will leave it up to the player to make the decision.
Speaker 3: But what do you thought on that? Can I ask you real quick question on this oneause I know you're gonna answer this, But do you think that's affecting him in second halves of games.
Speaker 5: You know, because this was happening the second half production was happening a way.
Speaker 3: Before the shoulder. Ok, carry on, my friend, carry on.
Speaker 5: I uh with with cd.
Speaker 6: He's he's been told that he can't hurt it anymore, so he's just.
Speaker 5: Playing through it.
Speaker 2: Can't injure it anymore.
Speaker 5: Correct, Yeah, it can hurt some more. Right, you're right. Let me let me rephrase there.
Speaker 2: Injured he is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he cannot injure it further. He has the sprain ed ac joint in the shoulder. Every time he lands on it. You just know whenever he lands on it too, that he's going to be slow getting up at that big I think it was the fifty three yard reception when he came to the ground. I mean we could all look at each other and be like, oh, that one hurt. You know, it did even if he didn't have the shoulder injury. But I think I think there's a couple of things that play here with with cd A. He takes a lot of pride in the work that he puts in, especially over the off season, and you know, him being on his own during the offseason, he took a lot of pride in the work that he put in in that in that sense, he has, uh he has goals and milestones that he wants to reach personally and that requires him playing. And then secondly, you know him saying in the locker room after the game, He's like, I'm gonna continue to fight with these guys. These are my brothers, and I'm I'm gonna I'm gonna help them try to win games. So you know, that's that's that's what he gets paid to do, and he's he's doing it, and I, uh, my hat's off to him, honestly, because I I I consider myself a competitor, but I don't think I would be competing if I was in right now.
Speaker 7: I understood it before the Cowboys were eliminated from the playoffs, and even for him to go out and play in that game, I'm like, Okay, sure you were preparing as if you had to play that game. But hearing Jerry Jones mentioned, hey, we'll live it up to the player and let him decide however he feels however he wants to handle these last two games. That's where I'm not okay with that, and I don't know if City's sentiment continues to be the same as this week got started, but I would hope it has changed, because again, you're hurt, you showed what you did, You were there doing what you needed to do while it matter. And at this point, there's absolutely no reason for him to be out there re injuring. We saw it in one of those plays, in one of the catch that he made, how he landed on it and had to come out in pain. He came back into the game, but still there's no necessity to have him out there these last two games, even if he wanted to. That's where I you step in and say, hey, there's nobody someone sit down.
Speaker 3: Do you think the front office needs to protect him? Then I do.
Speaker 2: If there's no way to re injure it, like from what Nick saying, he's been told that he can't injure it.
Speaker 7: Further, we're humans, we have bones, and I don't I'm not a doctor, but even if somebody is like, there's always a way for you to re hurt something and re injure something or make it worse. I don't. I don't know. I don't know if it's I don't know, but I don't want him out there, sit down.
Speaker 3: Right, Like what you said. I think that's you know that sometimes people need to step in and protect these guys. And so this guy takes a lot of pride in that jersey. He wears that number. He wears. He carries a big and not a burden, but it carries an aura of toughness. We were just talking about the hail Mary. You know, brutal conditions, Grassfield coal tough, got.
Speaker 5: Hicked by a police officer, hopeless.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh no, There's a lot worse things happened in the seventies. In those games. You goes to sidelines, you're lucky to get back on the field, and some of the sidelines of those games they had head hunting defensive backs and stuff like that. But it's a certain amount of pride that he has and a certain amount it's a badge of like courage and honor and history with it, and I think he I think he looks at that as something that is important to the legacy of where that jersey goes. But I do agree with you, I do agree with you. I think there's a certain time that you have to protect the player. And even though it is a can't hurt it anymore, you know, give them an opportunity to just sit back and take these last two weeks and try and get healed up and then make sure that you're off season, that you go into the off season with like, Okay, now, what's the next step that we need to do playing football games. Yeah, it's important to win games. It's important for Mike McCarthy to win games. You know, it's important for this coaching step. Mike McCarthy said something yesterday to you guys, Hey, I don't worry about me. I worry about my assistance. You know. Mike McCarthy's kind of taking care. So it's about winning games, and these players want to go win games. And we always laugh that. You know, here we are, we're a little bit this way. We're signed up for seventeen weeks. We signed up, we're working on Christmas Eve. You know, we're signed up football season. With football season, we football. But I think you make a really good point that to me, I think you have to protect the players sometimes and this would be one of those times to me.
Speaker 7: But also more so than you even possibly reinjuring. Let's say you can get more injured. It's starting the healing process. Now, it's allowing you, even if it's two week ahead, like, go ahead and start that healing process, because when you look at the roster and all the injured players, you're gonna have a lot to deal with for next season. So why not whatever extra time, even if it's a week, a week and a half, go ahead and start that healing process right now.
Speaker 2: Well that was I literally just wrote that down because that was the key for me. I'm not sure. I don't know if this is going to require any kind of surgery, but at the most, at the very least, it's going to require some sort of rehab and rest all those things. The sooner you can start that, the sooner he's available for offseason workouts. And so from that standpoint, that's the only area. Like if it wasn't for that, then I just kind of I do have a belief that when it comes to football, it is a sport of attrition, it is a sport of pain tolerance, and I think sometimes you have to show yourself, sometimes you have to show your teammates that my level of pain tolerance is up there, like I am going to battle through whatever it is, and that means this becomes a real opportunity now because of the fact that if he's hurt and the games don't mean anything, him going out there and playing really hard, his teammates see that there's a lot of credibility he earns in that room from being out there right now, in these moments when it doesn't matter other than him just being out there to play football. As teammates.
Speaker 3: I think that he you know, and I think you said that very well. I also think that he has proven that. I don't think I ever have to worry about him lining up and play. There's players out there that you start to hear the whispers, you know, not knowing the difference between injury and pain, and you know, and that's the one so concern you, that guy right there. I would never ever ever think that if if they were battling, if they were battling the commanders, if they were still in the hunt, there would not be a question at eighty eight would line up and play. There's no question about that. And I don't think anybody is ever will ever going forward question the toughness and the availability of ceed lamb that right there is. That thing has been taken care of.
Speaker 2: No I think that's true, and I agree with that. I just think that sometimes in life, there you get presented these oh no you do, you're right about show your toughness. You'll show how much you're committed to something right, and if you miss those opportunities, sometimes you can't get them back.
Speaker 3: He signed up for seventeen weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, all right, we're going to take our first break. When we come back, we'll dive inside the brain of Brian brought us and then if if he leaves some of the questions I had on my list for that final segment, then maybe we'll get to those. We'll do that when we come back. Dallas Cowboys I Com Radio.
Speaker 8: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G.
Speaker 9: Fast reliable. Secure five G requires compatable plan and device. Five G may not be available in your area. See adp dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 11: Don't put off getting your oil change Dallas. Take five Oil Change, a proud partner of the Cowboys, is faster than you think. They're so fast you don't even have to get out of your car. You can take advantage of Take fives. Stay in your car ten minute oil change at any of their locations across the Dallas area, and remember at Take five you stay in.
Speaker 3: Your car because they're faster.
Speaker 11: Than you think. That means you won't even have time to show off your best touchdown celebration. Take five, the official oil change of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: From the field to the festivities.
Speaker 12: Lu Casey embodies the essence of luxury and tradition. Handcrafted with meticulous precision, each pair offers unmatched comfort and style. Stand tall while you're tailgating or cheering in the stands with the Dallas Cowboys collection by Lucasey. Shop the collection today at the Lucasey store at the Starn Frisco, or online at lucasey dot com. Lucasey the official boot of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.
Speaker 13: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gear is now available at Stadium Pro shops, concessions, and on yettie dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back to the Break.
Speaker 7: LGO led Evo is the best TV in the game, but don't take our word for it. Digital trend said that LGG four has the best picture quality they've ever seen. See you for yourself at LG dot com slash o letevo Let's.
Speaker 2: Go Week seventeen. I read that.
Speaker 7: Without the script, guys, I had to close my eyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah you were there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did a great job.
Speaker 2: Welcome back. Second segment of the Break life in thats WBC Mortgage Studios at the Star. This segment's brought to you by Blockchain, and it will take you inside the brain of Brian broad As Brian, what.
Speaker 3: You got all right? Derek Eagleton right off the jump for the skilled guys, has Turpin replaced Ferguson as your third most important offensive weapon? Because I say Lamb and Dowdle are the two most important weapons?
Speaker 2: Should he be yes? Should he be yes? Has he? I don't know that they're using him enough for me to make that claim. Now I will say this in this last game, lining him up in the backfield. Actually liked that and I thought it was even though it didn't really turn out to be great plays, I thought it was good and I think it worked with what they were trying to do, just to give him a different look. Like if you notice what they did was because of the personnel package, they were able to get them to really get all of their get the right personnel on the field for dubtas and then take advantage of on that touchdown pass because they had on the touchdown pass, they then had who was it, I'm trying to blank number one Tobert. They had Tolbert lined up and he had a linebackground which allowed him to get the touchdown right, So you got the matchup you want it because of the personnel packages when you get a receiver next receipt on the field, but you line him up in the backfield. So I love how they're using him in that way. I don't know, I haven't seen enough to say they're going to do that regularly enough for me to say he's replaced Ferguson as the third offensive weapon.
Speaker 6: Nick cars my points I think completely resemble Derek to my left here, I think it's close, though, Turpin has really started to gain an influence throughout the season, and that goes back to training camp. I think quietly he had one of the best training camps in Oxnard as far as getting integrated into the offense, and then we're starting to see that integration from then translate to now and it's only helped him quite a bit. But the reason, one more reason I think I would give too is it would not surprise me if Jake Ferguson had a one hundred yard two touchdown day at some point. It would surprise me if Cavante Turpin had a one hundred yard two touchdown day at some point.
Speaker 3: Hamburgercia, I agree with everybody on here.
Speaker 7: I think h ont To Turpin, I feel like he has taken advantage of the opportunities that he was given this season playing on the offense, but I feel like he hasn't been enough, and he has those qualities that can really benefit you in your offense overall because of his quickness. That's one of the things with Ferguson to me and I get it. We've had this debate, Derek, where you he has had a decent season, but visually and mentally from what I've seen. It hasn't been memorable, not that the season has been memorable at all, really, But as far as I just I there's more to Jake Ferguson. I think he can do better, and we didn't really get to see a lot of those great plays that he has showcase in the past. But I would say right now it's it's just it's not enough to say that Turpin has taken over.
Speaker 5: Got you should but he hasn't had a touch in like six weeks.
Speaker 2: Like I do it, they gave it.
Speaker 3: He's like a stunt man.
Speaker 2: That project is over. But he gets a lot of reps.
Speaker 3: Get a lot of reps. Nick did brock Hoffman struggles with Vida vea change your thoughts about him being a full time starter at GUARD.
Speaker 6: I don't think I ever fully considered him the full time starter at GUARD. I think there's gonna have to be an influx of competition there over the over the offseason, whether that is adding a free agent or drafting a guy in the first couple of days that can that can compete for that spot. But yeah, he easily had his worst day of the season against Vidave and Colijah Canci, both of them Kancy had some wins against him as well, but that's one of the better interior defensive lines in the NFL. And if you know it's it's better to struggle now, then if he is the starter next year, then the struggle in Week sixteen next year.
Speaker 3: So Ambar, did brock hoffman struggles with Vida Vea and others change your thoughts about him being a full time starter at guard?
Speaker 7: No, I don't think so. I think we are all humans and we all have bad days. No, But I think in the overall everything we've seen for him, I'm still more on the positive side of things. I'm still intrigued and I want to see more of him. I like what I've seen so far overall, and I think that the more he gets to be out there, the better he's going to get. And that you can say about most players around the league, but with him, I just he has this aggressiveness that I like about him. He has the size and the power and honestly, nothing like even with that game, it doesn't change my mind and I want to see more Derek.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know that it's changed for me just yet, because even with a rough day, he's still only allowed three pressures in half a sec. So that being said, I'm like, I don't I don't know if I would all of a sudden be like, oh, well, what he's done the last few weeks don't matter. Now here's gonna be The big test is this week when he plays Philadelphia. Yeah, because he's following that game up with two of the best defensive tackles again in the NFL. Sure, and I want to see how he reforms there. If it's another day where he struggles. Now, it does make me start to rethink, mainly because Philadelphia is in your division. You have to play them twice a year. Those guys aren't going anywhere and if you if you're having bad days against them, that's gonna be a problem. And so I think the commanders too, Yeah, exactly. Yeah, So I think you're gonna have some tests here where you can really evaluate him and figure it out. And if he struggles and those and I think, yeah, you have to really rethink it. If he does really well this weekend and or next weekend, then I do think there's some real consideration for maybe that's your right guard of the future, and and you stick with that, and you kind of just start going into this AF season thinking if if Zach's gonna move on, he's the guy you're gonna replace him.
Speaker 5: Tell you what, that would give you so much flexibility.
Speaker 2: In the draft, no doubt, Agency, no doubt.
Speaker 6: I'm rooting for Brock. I think he has the makeup to be that right guard of the future.
Speaker 3: Would you rather play at center and play BB on the other side? From what you know from the college days.
Speaker 5: I do love BB at guard.
Speaker 6: I was I've been I don't know if I've said this on on this show, but I've been kind of getting back in my draft group chats over the last couple of weeks, and we were just kind of riffing a few weeks ago and somebody had asked, so, why is Cooper BB not playing guard again? It was like, Yeah, I kind of forgot that was even a possibility. He's like, he was just so good at guard at Kansas State. So I think that's something you play with and you could figure out at camp if you really wanted to.
Speaker 2: Brian, are you saying that you think and asking that question, are you saying you think Brock is a better center than.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm trying to say. I think that maybe you would playhim at center, and.
Speaker 2: So it's not so much about BB, it's about Hoffman.
Speaker 3: Maybe that Hoffman would be a better center than guard.
Speaker 2: Because I think BB can play center or guard and be great. I think, I really do.
Speaker 5: I think your better combination would probably be Hoffman at center.
Speaker 3: And I think so too. Yeah, it just makes me think about it, all right, Ambar, Jordan Lewis is your defensive MVP this season?
Speaker 7: That's a question that's like a statement.
Speaker 3: I'm asking a question, Jordan Lewis is your defensive MVP this season?
Speaker 7: I would yes, I would say so. There are a lot of guys that had done that have done a really good things defensively, but he has been the most consistent one, the healthier one, the one that has been out there and consistently throughout the season. And what's more impressive, and we've talked about this in the past, is looking at where he's at in his career and seeing how well he's playing. I'm saying, looking at he stayed here with the Cowboys, the years that he's gone through with injuries and not enough playing time, survived year after year and still here and this has been so far his best career in the NFL. Oh, yes, give him the trophy. I love Jordan Lewis.
Speaker 2: Derek, He's my honorable mention. I got to give it to Overshown. I know Overshown's missed the games. He's only missed the last two games.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Two games? So it is. But but I will say that throughout the course of this season, Overshown to me, has made the plays that that matter. He's made plays that matter. And no, don't get me wrong. I actually tweeted, I think of all the guys that are going to be free agents this year, I think George Jordan Lewis is the best of all of them if you look at how he played this year. But I think I think it's it's kind of overshooting a little bit to not acknowledge how great Overshown was for this defense this year. I thought he played really well.
Speaker 5: I'd make him the m v P nick, I would go with Michael Parsons. Still, I know he missed what was it for games?
Speaker 7: Yeah, by week we comeback was revolutionary to this defense.
Speaker 2: That's how important he is. It is if everybody that was having those conversations about should they trade him or not, I think it became very clear how important he is to this defense, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 6: And I think if you look game by game, the consistency that he's had all season, I think this has been his most consistent season since he's been in the league as far as generating pressure getting to the quarterback. Now, how much of that is benefited by having those five weeks off, Who knows, But I think whenever you talk about the impact that he has had when he's been on and off the field, I'd have to give it to Micah, But Jordan Lewis is my close number two, and gosh, i'd give Overshown like a two B.
Speaker 5: It's all right there for me.
Speaker 3: Like that, Derek Carl Lawson or Chauncey Golston. If you can only afford one.
Speaker 2: Chauncey Golston, why he's younger. I think he gives me a little bit more and run defense as well as past So I think I'd go with Chauncey.
Speaker 6: I go Chohncey Golston. I like the physical nature he brings. He's a little bit more versatile, he can still get to the quarterback.
Speaker 5: I would go Chauncey.
Speaker 7: I agree, and my reason is different. It's I see him integrate him better with the other guys around here. And I'm talking about chemistry and I'm talking like relationships in the locker room. Now that there's any conflict or whatsoever, I just see the dynamics of that being better with him.
Speaker 3: Is Is he their best free agent offseason signing Chauncey last year?
Speaker 5: I would give it to Eric Hendricks, get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to think of all the free agents they brought in Eric Kendricks. It's not a lot of them.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to think of any others.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not a lot Kendricks.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, uh ambar, I'll give you this one here, this is the final one. Are you worried that opponents these next two games, which is now play with a loaded box to take away the running game for the Cowboys had a lot of problems playing against that. Against the Bucks, they just put that extra dude down there in there and make you do something else.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't say worried is the right word, because at this point I ain't worry about nothing other than other than just making sure people stay healthy and we don't lose any other key player. Or anybody really due to injury. But I would say even with that, even if you take the running game away, I'm a little bit okay with it because with this last two games, keep trying through the air, keep throwing. I want to see what you have in the passing game. And I know that a lot of the passing game comes from the balance that you've been able to find through the running game. But we saw it this past weekend against Tampa Bay. They took out the running game for you, you were still able to manage through the passing game. I would rather see what that looks like with the rest of the receivers than be so much concerned about you running the football in these last two games.
Speaker 3: How about you, Nick, You're worried about them playing loaded box against you the next two weeks.
Speaker 6: Well, Tampa Bay told that Cowboys offense, Hey, we're gonna have to let Cooper rush beat us, and Cooper rush beat them. So I don't think I necessarily have any concerns about about that. Granted, better secondary that you'll face against the Eagles this upcoming weekend Washington, and it's probably around the area of the Buccaneers. It depends on Lattimore's health as well, but I think I think Dubdle can still get his. But if they ask Cooper rush to to have to beat them, he's shown that he can do that against against the talented front at least.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of agree with the sentiments there. My first question though, is do I have CD. Yeah, because if they go to roud of what Amber's saying and they sit him down, now, I'm really worried because I don't think you have the receivers to really be able to take.
Speaker 3: Advantageway in that way, right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So but if CD's playing, yeah, absolutely, I feel like they'll be fine if they take the running game because with with what you have to do to take the running game away, which is, you know, use extra resources down there, that's gonna grace some opportunities. And I trust after seeing this last game, that Cooper has a good shot to be able to take advantage of that if you're going to do it.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, guys, appreciate you.
Speaker 2: All Right, that was great. We're gonna tall our final break. We will come back. We have some Christmas wishes here in the Christmas spirit. We'll be back. Dallas Cowboys dot Com radio.
Speaker 14: If you can't be at the stadium, there's no better way to watch your Cowboys than on an lg O lead Evo TV. That's because everything you see is more lifelike, every play, every hit. I mean, you might just will be on the sidelines.
Speaker 2: That's how clear it is.
Speaker 14: It's all thanks to LG's legendary technology, perfect black, over eight point three million self lit pixels.
Speaker 2: No one comes close.
Speaker 14: LGO led Evo is the best TV in the game for a reason. See for yourself at LG dot com slash o Leedevo.
Speaker 15: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United agin Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere tractors, come residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 6: If you shout how about them Cowboys, you have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet. Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 5: The wins will be even tastier.
Speaker 2: It's a pepper thing, and we're going to overtime. Erica how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 16: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankfamerica dot com, slash Erica by your Side. Bank of America, Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses me. Very digital tool featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the English language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for quality assurance message data rates. Additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 8: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop it running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 9: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area.
Speaker 2: See add dot com slash five G for you for details. Back to the Break Welcome back. We are in the final segment of the Break Life Nest WVC Morgan Studios at the Star. This segment's brought to you by AT and T wow.
Speaker 7: Ay tn T Connecting changes everything.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Amber. Let's get to our Christmas wishes.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 2: It is the final show for the Christmas Break. We won't be on tomorrow, but we'll be back on Thursday, and Amber can tell us about all the great presents she got.
Speaker 5: Yeah got for Diego.
Speaker 2: Yeah got for Diego. Not got got for Diego.
Speaker 7: I didn't think Christmas could get more expensive.
Speaker 6: Was Santa really good this year? Or is he going to be good this year? I guess the question should.
Speaker 7: Be yes, okay, which is crazy because, uh, you know, he has not been good behaving. My Santa threats are gonna goes one year and on the other he's okay.
Speaker 5: It's like I know these guys threats, Like he's like, yeah, don want.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do some Christmas wishes. I'm gonna we'll start with the offense. I want you guys to tell me if you had one Christmas wish for this team going into the future, going beyond where they are right now and into the next season, what would that Christmas wish be? What makes the biggest difference for them?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Man, there's there's options here. I would go with a legit wide receiver to like I'm talking like a guy who could go for a thousand yards in a season.
Speaker 2: A wide receiver one to be out there with your wide receiver exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, give me a wide receiver one be basically.
Speaker 2: We're gone, We're got to give you a coach. We're gonna get the coaching. We're not a coaching offense. His offense. I'm talking off it's a personnel. Personnel off personnel that was going to.
Speaker 3: Be you could it's this is a really easy one for me. It's it's health for your quarterback. That's the easiest way. Just get let him you know, when he's when he's he played at an m v P level, when he was able to play all the games, you know, and now now you have some questions about you know, his health. Hopefully he'll come back as good as new, but you're gonna need you know, you're gonna need him to be healthy for you to have legitimate shots.
Speaker 7: M I mean health. Yeah, that applies. And I'm thinking of like a healthy city LAMB as well next year. Can I just talk about one aspect or don't have to point out a single person. You can tell an aspect the running game and because that we've seen this season was a true showcase of what that looks like when you do not have a running game, and when your offense and when you're calling bad place, how that you struggle in that way. So I think being able to have a good balanced offense and starting next year with a good running game that you can trust and be able to rely on, it's gonna be huge.
Speaker 3: Well can I okay? Instead of saying the play caller, could you focus it this way? Modern offense? Like a modern like what we what we see in some of the these other clubs. Because Mike talks about thirty years ago that this was, you know, he brings those things up. But I was thinking, like, okay, well, I appreciate that thirty years ago. You're right, I was part of Green Bay. We ran the similar offense that you ran. But these things evolve, you know. I just maybe a more instead of just a play caller, maybe a more dynamic offense. You know, that's kind of where I would maybe focus instead of taking a shot at Mike like I did.
Speaker 2: Well, let's talk about the defense. What will be your wish for the defense?
Speaker 3: Bring Mike Zimmer back, that would be my wish for this defense.
Speaker 6: He had a quote yesterday that I thought was very interesting, and I'll go ahead and throw ou my Christmas wish.
Speaker 5: Why I'm trying to pull this up.
Speaker 6: I will go with a a game changing safety, just a three or strong or does it matter either either just a game changing safety.
Speaker 3: I start from Georgia.
Speaker 6: Yeah, John A Baron from I think I think he could play at safety.
Speaker 3: And then it says he's like our guy Brian Branch from Detroit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you could. You could put him in the slot, you can let him cover there. He can play safety. He could do a lot of things.
Speaker 3: Asked me, he goes, if you watched Brian Branch yet, I said, yeah, a couple of years ago. No, at Texas. The kid that plays at Texas. I was like, oh, okay. He brought me up to speed on the kid. Ye a good player.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's there's some uh, there's there's some real comparison to be made there.
Speaker 2: So uh.
Speaker 6: Edward Er asked Mike Zimmer yesterday if he's enjoying his NFL return, and he kind of laughed and he was like, it's been a blast, and he's like, it's been hard. I'm not going to lie to you. And followed up and asked if he's enjoyed it enough to coach again, and he said, we'll see. Let's get to the end of the end of the year and see what happens.
Speaker 5: So I think it's also.
Speaker 3: Horses he's got he's got a horse that legitimly can run in the Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So he Yeah, we might see Zimmer up there in Millionaire's row like like, you know, just antagonizing everybody up there.
Speaker 5: That's incredible. So it's a Zimmer with his horses and skin, you know, with the show dogs.
Speaker 2: You know, that's the interesting thing for both for both McCarthy and for Zimmer. Both of them have the ability to say I don't choose to coach. I don't choose to coach here. It's not just the simple thing of will the Cowboys have them back? Like they both have options as well. So that's that's what's going to make this, I think really interesting. Is not so much to cowboys, but do they want to be back here for another year?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Can I wish for health, for health for everybody? Well, I'm trying to think because when we start talking about the guys are about to become free agents free agent, it becomes a very interesting question because then it leaves you with a lot of different holes throughout in all three phases. So I would say, can I just mentioned free agency, like free agency as a key to how the Cowboys handle, uh, this defense, how they reinforced because I don't think you can go into relying just on young talent and going into the draft and relying on the draft. I think that the veteran presence is key and necessary, and we've seen that with like Eric Kendricks. He's a guy that's about to be free agent, DeMarcus Lawrence, Jordan Lewis, Olsaudzua, and there's a list of other guys that are about to be free agents as well, and that's going to change completely how your defense looks as a whole. So I would say managing free agents the proper.
Speaker 6: Way, more cap spaces, a Pro Bowl, one tech m Just what do wonders for this defense? That would be incredible? That's yeah, that's that's my new answer.
Speaker 3: About a corner opposite Bland that would have.
Speaker 5: Been I think they can figure that out. Yeah, I think they can figure that out.
Speaker 2: I think honestly, I think that's that was that to me has been a bigger p than anything else this season because everyone everyone that wants to talk about, well, this team was healthy when they were losing early in the season, they forget Deron Plan was not here. And I think I think if you look at all those games, a lot of the problems started with whoever was opposite Digs. That's where a lot of the problems started. Now, they had a lot of other problems as well, but I think it started with that. And I think and I think that's why the injuries matter all seasons, because you lost a critical piece in Deny. In my opinion, Ron Blands your best cornerback, and I think losing him heading into the season, I think that mattered. I think it mattered.
Speaker 7: Well, you have the question marks about Trevon Diggs and de Marvin rovers shown how they're gonna come back for next season injury wise.
Speaker 3: It thinks it's been two years now, I mean it's been it seems like it's been forever since Diggs has played, you know, played for you now, two years. I mean you really didn't have him this year honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking at this offseason, I'm saying they might need to draft a corner Yeah, relatively early, or at least I.
Speaker 3: Thought Carson maybe he can come back, can help, like you know, like we.
Speaker 7: Still like him. It was it was a hard walk welcome into the NFL.
Speaker 3: No, it absolutely like it was like with Mozzi and Schoonmaker, and you know, I mean you threw the word busts on those guys. And I know that that Mozzi and Schoonmaker are higher drafted guys. But man Carson playing at wake Forest was a very good player and he just did not show that he you mentioned, it was very It was very rude awakening for it.
Speaker 2: They threw him out there real quick. And maybe that's it, maybe he just needs more development time, but I know it was. It was tough. It was really really tough, and I hate to see that happen to him because it may have ruined him. It may have mentally because the cornerback is one of the positions. I think that mentally, your your your level of confidence matters. And I hope it doesn't affect him going into the future.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you first round, John A Baron or Malachi Starks a guy that could play anywhere in the secondary and can just kind of fill a hole wherever you need it to happen.
Speaker 2: You don't, Oh yeah, that's an easy one for me.
Speaker 5: It's easy.
Speaker 2: If they got a shot at Baron, I think they be foolish not to because I think you can use them in so many ways on this defense, and it can help you in so many different ways on this defense. I think that that will be the big one.
Speaker 5: You're potentially parachuting. Get them, might have some fun there. We'll see draft show in two weeks.
Speaker 2: All right, real quick, just overall, this can be anything. This can be, this can be free agency, this can be you know, whatever you want it to be. Just overall, what would be your wish for this team?
Speaker 5: Huh? Overall wish man? Go ahead, go ahead?
Speaker 3: No, I was sitting there thinking, listen, this is and I don't know if this is gonna happen. If they make a coaching change, please let it be extensive.
Speaker 2: Please just just go just are you you say you mean clear the whole slate?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, going there with the attitude is we're not interviewing one guy.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see what you're saying. I give you go and interview everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go in there and go in there and figure it out. And even if you're don't interested in some guys, talk to and get some ideas and stuff like that, don't don't let it happen. And over dinner, you know, and the next thing you know, you got a coach I mean, now, maybe that's they maybe they got a guy in mind already. But my wish is, if you're going to make a coaching change, please let it be extensive and and and and talk to all the candidates.
Speaker 7: I would say for me would be to please address all the issues that you need to address. And I know that's very widely and there's a lot to that, and it's hard to address every single thing, but that we're we go into training camp knowing exactly what we have in the sense that you address certain situation As an example, are we gonna be sitting there and I know Michael Parsons came out saying he's not gonna be holding out or anything, and he's gonna be showing up at training camp, But are we sitting there wondering and asking, Hey, is Michaeh Parson's gonna show up here? Is it gonna be?
Speaker 16: Like?
Speaker 7: Take care of what you need to take care so that even if the season goes to crap again, you feel good that you really tried ahead of time to prepare yourself the best that you could. So that would be my wish. It's hard to accomplish all and fill all the areas but I would say handle free agency how you need to address everything that you need through through the draft, and then take care of the contract that you need to take care of. You already did dak CD. And the question mark now is Mika Parsonson's what's gonna happen with him.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna ask for much here from the wish. I'm like the forty five year old man that just needs socks, and I really just need the socks, Like, babe, just get me the socks.
Speaker 5: That's all I need.
Speaker 6: Overshown comes back and he's one hundred percent. Honestly, the health of this team comes back and it's one hundred percent and it stays. That would be mine because when healthy, this team is a competitor.
Speaker 5: It really is. We saw that last year, so.
Speaker 2: I'm with you on that.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you, guys, Jon and Goaues. We want you guys have a merry Christmas or whatever you sell it. A happy Yeah, I have a happy holiday season. We will be back on Thursday and we'll start looking forward Cowboys versus Eagles till they in for Nick Harris. Brian brought us an Amber Garcia. I'm Derek Ealts and this has been the Break live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.