Speaker 1: Nice broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Getty. This is what a leaker is telling you. The intelligence says, that's the game these people play.
Speaker 3: We dropped twelve of the strongest bombs on the planet right down the hole in two places. Everything underneath that mountain is in bad shape.
Speaker 2: Now, anything in the world can.
Speaker 3: Be rebuilt, but now we know where it is, and if they try to rebuild it, we'll have options there as well. But all this leaker stuff, these leakers are professional.
Speaker 2: Stabbers, professional stabbers.
Speaker 4: That's the Secretary of State and the National Security Advisor, Marco Rubio. So, as I mentioned earlier in the show, yesterday, I got two dings on my phone from different news outlets. I think one was New York Times and one was I don't know what it was, Wall Street General maybe.
Speaker 2: But I got back to back.
Speaker 4: I got an alert early assessments show Iranian's nuclear programs set back years. And then while I was reading that, I got a ding assessment shows nuclear program barely damaged, could be reconstituted in a month, and I thought, Okay, what am I supposed to do with this information? So then I was taking in my cable shows last night and network news shows. I was sensing glee and excitement from the news hosts as they talked about only the intel that showed that the nuclear program was not very badly damaged, and I was thinking, why would you be happy about this? Or I actually wondered, like, am I reading too much into this? Maybe I've got Trump derangement syndrome at this point where I think everybody's out to get me. But no, I'm watching Morning Joe this morning, and Joe Scarborough actually said on MSNBC, he said, I know a lot of people on this network and others are doing touchdown dances around this intel report that the nuclear reactor was not badly damaged.
Speaker 2: And I thought, what, so I'm not crazy.
Speaker 4: I actually was accurately perceiving glee touchdown dances. You're happy that maybe we didn't destroy their nuclear program? What in the hell is wrong with you?
Speaker 2: You dislike Trump so much it makes you.
Speaker 4: Feel good that one of the worst regimes on earth might get a nuke.
Speaker 5: That's a win for them. Yes, in their heads, you're noisy heads. Yeah, it's a defeat for Trump, so it's a win for me.
Speaker 2: Period.
Speaker 5: Insane Islamists are close to getting a nuclear bomb, that's a win for you.
Speaker 4: Yes, I liked your example of That'd be me being happy if Seal Team six had not gotten Bin Laden, Yes, or in the field in.
Speaker 5: The early days before it was clear what had happened. Man, I hope they missed him. I hope they missed him. So Obama will have failed.
Speaker 2: That's sick.
Speaker 4: There's something wrong with you if you look at politics that way.
Speaker 2: Seriously, you're deranged.
Speaker 5: And national security I mean your very existence, you've passed through that filter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're deranged. That's correct.
Speaker 4: And then I heard David Ignatius of the Washington Post say critics of Trump should think this through because if we didn't actually wipe out their nuclear program, we're gonna have to bomb more and get more militarily involved. Again, with the premise that you're excited that they might still have the program, I just I don't even know what to do with that information. I thought I was as cynical as you could get. Apparently I'm not. It's amazing, it is amazing, and it's disgusting, and that was kind of some of the flavor of the questioning in it during the press conference that was going on at NATO, just like in the last hour, and we've got Pete Hegseett, the Secretary of Defense, wanted to jump in there and answer some of the questions and also Trump, let's hear's from sect def Pete.
Speaker 6: The instinct of CNN, the instinct of The New York Times is to try to find a way to spin it for their own political reasons, to try to hurt President Trump or our country. They don't care what the troops think, they don't care what the world thinks. They want to spin it to try to make him look bad based on a leak.
Speaker 2: Of course, we've all.
Speaker 6: Seen plenty of leakers, and what a leakers? Do they have agendas and what do they do? Do they share the whole information or just the part that they want to introduce.
Speaker 4: Obviously, by definition, you do have an agenda when you leak something. By definition, Worth pointing out that all the assessments, the ones that are more positive, and I don't think it's prejudicial to call it positive if you don't think it's a positive thing. That the nuclear grim is destroyed, You're crazy. So anyway, even the more positive ones and the negative ones all say their confidence is very, very low.
Speaker 2: How could it be anything else. They don't have people there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, anybody who says that they need to be in GETMO, we'll give them a trial.
Speaker 2: Eventually.
Speaker 5: I read the constitution once. I think they've got one coming. But yeah, yeah, ship those idiots to get MO. Second, def was worked up about this.
Speaker 6: And when they introduced that preliminary a preliminary report that's deemed to be a low assessment. You know what a low assessment means, low confidence.
Speaker 2: In the data in that report.
Speaker 6: And why is there low confidence Because all of the evidence of what was just bombed by twelve thirty thousand pound bombs is buried under a mountain, devastated and obliterated. So if you want to make an assessment of what happened at four Doah, you better get a big shovel and go really deep, because Iran's nuclear program is obliterated, and somebody somewhere is trying to leak something to say, oh, with low confidence, we think maybe it's moderate. Those that drop the bombs precisely in the right place, know exactly what happened when that exploded, and you know who else knows Iran?
Speaker 5: And I think that goes to the ancient wisdom that you never ever ever underestimate your enemy and its capabilities. So the Defense Intelligence Agency and all they're saying, all right, here's here's what we're We know there's at least minor damage that is certain, but is that all the damage? We have very low confidence in telling you that. So it's a preliminary assessment of at the very very least we dot dot.
Speaker 4: Now, Israel's Atomic Energy Commission said the US strikes on Iran destroyed in quotes, critical infrastructure at Ford Ou nuclear site. The Israelis don't have any reason to spin this that direction, wouldn't They have every reason to say, oh, you didn't get it, We need to go harder and further.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they are invested heavily existentially and precisely what I was saying earlier. They have every interest in being very, very conservative in their estimates of how successful our omissions have been.
Speaker 4: Now, I was watching a former senator on News Nation this morning who was on the Intel Committee back in the day, saying that was always our concern is would these bombs actually get down there and destroyed or not, And we never knew.
Speaker 2: But the fact that we dropped so many in the same spot, yeah, it'd.
Speaker 4: Be hard to imagine that it didn't do its job. But anyway, here's Trump being asked more about that.
Speaker 7: And you know, you should be proud, you especially, you should be proud of those pilots. And you shouldn't be trying to demean them. Those pilots flew at great risk, a big chance that they've never come back home and see their husbands of their wives.
Speaker 2: Let me just tell you.
Speaker 7: You and NBC Fake News, which is one of the worst, and CNN New York Times, they're all bad.
Speaker 2: They're sick. There's something wrong with them.
Speaker 7: You know what, you should be praising those people instead of trying to find something by getting me, by trying to go and get me, you're hurting those people.
Speaker 2: They were devastated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I I don't know that the whole I mean, I'm I'm I'm glad I live in a country where our military prowesses beyond everybody else's.
Speaker 2: That's good for me and everybody.
Speaker 4: And I brother and dad who served, and blah blah blah, I'm proud of all that sort of stuff, and good. That's sort but that's not really the question here, right, Did we.
Speaker 5: Just aggressive you know, aggressive questioning by the press, even if they're completely unfair and liberal and the rest of it. It's fine, it's the hallmark of our system. But he's got to admit it's weird to be excited about it. Obviously, well, and I am thrilled that we have a president who engages. I might not like his answer to that question, but there he is answering questions.
Speaker 2: Imagine that after the last guy. You know, the two questions.
Speaker 4: As Wall Street Journal writes today, here's the two questions Trump should ask today today, and we'd find out where we are. Hey, Iran, you gonna let the IAEA inspectors in there like this afternoon. They land a helicopter near Foord, Oh and go in and inspect it, yes or no? And if they say no, war is still on. They're not giving up their nuclear program.
Speaker 2: It's that simple.
Speaker 4: I don't know why we're not doing that. Is it because we're afraid of the answer.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Trump said something ridiculously conciliatory toward Iran that we want to play for you afterword from our friends that trust and will get security and peace of mind by making an estate plan.
Speaker 2: Now, trust me when I say if you leave.
Speaker 5: Your wishes and your plans and your assets to the probate system, you will be doing a terrible, terrible disservice to the people you love.
Speaker 4: Take care of this right now, so you could get started today. It's a website. You create and manage the whole estate plan yourself online. They take you step by step through the whole thing. If you run into any snags, I mean, you're just gonna be inputting a whole bunch of information obviously, accounts and addresses and names and social Security numbers.
Speaker 2: And that sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: Then live customer sport support through chat, phone or email. If you get stuck, you can get the whole thing done, start to finish, and you could start today.
Speaker 5: And you can create and manage a customer state plan starting. It's just one hundred and ninety nine dollars. Do I need a trust? Is a will good enough for me? Find out? Go to Trustinwill dot com slash armstrong. You get twenty percent off your estate plan documents by visiting trust and Will dot com slash armstrong. Trustinwill dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 4: So do you want to do it here? Do it when we come back. The Trump asked about oil being so.
Speaker 5: Iran, Oh boy, why don't we go ahead and take a break and come back and discuss that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want every media person that, even by Joe Scarborough's his own network, even by his definition, they were doing touchdown dances around one of the worst countries on Earth, an enemy of the United States, keeping their nuclear program. I want all of you out of the business and shipped out of the country or get mo as Joe Joe says, you're deranged. More on the way.
Speaker 7: They've had a big fight, like two kids at the school yard.
Speaker 2: You know, they fight like hell. You can't stop them.
Speaker 7: Let him fight for about two or three minutes. Then as to stap them.
Speaker 2: Sometimes strong languages, like everyone said, all you have to use a certain word.
Speaker 5: Wow, So the the one higher up and NATO said, so daddy had to use strong language. Okay, thanks for stepping in. Here is a criticism of Trump, and I will stick by it until I am talked out of it. He does not understand radical Islam. He has not internalized the idea that people will fight, they will die, they will sacrifice human lives, they will sacrifice children, they will engage in never ending war, they will throw away their wealth, etc.
Speaker 2: Etc.
Speaker 4: Etc.
Speaker 5: Based on taking over the globe in the name of Allah. Trump doesn't get that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's interesting that you say that, because I think you're right. But then there's also a crowd like Ian Bremer, who that crowd who just seems to think everybody's going to do what's in their best interest all the time and wouldn't sacrifice millions of people are all their fortune to do crazy s right, like clearly Putin's doing, or China is going to do, or Iran is willing to do.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Everybody's a rational actor, you get down to it. No, not so, not so at all. And you know, I could give you a half a dozen great examples just from the last couple of centuries where people were out of their freaking minds. Anyway, So this really bothered me. I just read a quote from it. But let's let's play. This is a reporter talking to Trump about what happens now with Iran.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, mister president.
Speaker 1: Yesterday you said China canal continue to purchase oil from Iran. Are you giving up on your maximum pressure campaign because there's sanctions right now with on Iran. No.
Speaker 7: Look, they just had a war. The war was fought. They fought it bravely. I'm not giving up. They're in the old business. I mean, I could stop it if I wanted. I could sell China the oil myself. I don't want to do that. They're going to need money to put that country back into shape. We want to see that happen. We didn't know if they're going to sell oil. They're going to sell oil. We're not taking over the oil. We could have you know, I used to say with Iraq, keep the oil. I could say it here too, We could have kept the oil. Now China is gonna want to buy oil, and they can buy it from us, they can.
Speaker 2: Buy it from other people.
Speaker 7: But you're going to have to put that country back into shape. It needs desperately needs money.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That's an interesting take.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I'll give me the criticism and then I will argue with myself. Just briefly. The criticism is he thinks he can flatter cajole and say, hey, hey, hey, I'm really sympathetic. I'm sorry about all that ugliness. Let's work together, and that that will change the minds of the leadership in Iran.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we will help you be We want to help you be rich and prosperous, right right.
Speaker 5: He does not get that the upper echelons, the hardest core of the leadership in Iran don't care about any of that. I mean, they care inasmuch as it helps them achieve. Islamis them, but that's the only reason they care about the economy and the people not going crazy. The counter argument to my argument is Trump is appealing to moderate elements within Iran and sending the message we could be buddies fast if you get rid of the lunatic.
Speaker 4: There's also the possibility that they've got all kinds of communication with moderate elements inside Iran, that it's teetering more than we know, or they're really ready to do something or whatever that's possible.
Speaker 5: But anyway, my last comment is I still don't think Trump gets fundamentalist Islam, but I wonder what he's actually pushing at with that statement. Here's to be interesting to see it to play out.
Speaker 4: Here's something Trump does get, and this NATO summat was supposed to be for Trump anyway, a celebration of forcing, convincing, use whatever word you want the other NATO countries to finally pay the amount that they're supposed to pay as a percentage of their for supporting the supposedly most important coalition that's ever been built on Earth. Everybody says that about us being in it, but you know, gives a pass to all these NATO countries that don't seem to care about it as much as you do because they weren't spending money on it anyway. They've all agreed to the two percent they're supposed to pay, an up in it to five percent. Everybody but Italy, I guess, has agreed to do that. Spain who cares kick him out of NATO. U And I saw one of our euro friends. I don't remember if it was a starmer or Fred Mertz from Germany or whoever it was, but in a speech today at NATO saying I'd like to congratulate Donald Trump on getting everybody to contribute more money. We've been living off the largest of the United States for too long, and we need to all come together as a coalition and pay our share.
Speaker 2: And maybe he's going to destroy NATO. Trump is destroying.
Speaker 4: NATO, and that was one of our allies, you know, praising Trump for that, for that movie.
Speaker 2: That's obviously a thing for the whole world. Yeah, one more thing.
Speaker 4: Trump was asked about Article five, in case you're not into this stuff enough to know that Article five of the NATO Charter is an attack on one as an attack on all. In other words, if Putin invade Estonia, who's in NATO, We the United States are pledged to.
Speaker 2: Fight on their behalf against Russia.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Trump was asked, can you clarify your stands on Article five? Trump said, I stand with it. That's why I'm here. If I didn't stand with it, I wouldn't be here. The reporter said, so you'd defend countries. Trump jumped in, what did I just say?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why would I be here? Right? Right?
Speaker 4: Of course, that's worth nothing. If if Trump would decide we're not going to war to defend Estonia, and like ninety percent of Americans say, yeah, we're with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, And I have one more point to make. But we're pressed for time, and this will probably be a story in the next well fifty years from now.
Speaker 2: Just like it was fifty years ago.
Speaker 4: I don't even know where I would be on that. Do we fully come to the defense of Estonia with all the might of the American We do?
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, we do.
Speaker 4: Wow, Josep Jefferson, You and Lindsey Graham and h and John Bolton. Oh, the three of us were forming a barbershop quartet. We need one more gun.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: I'm actually going to use this drop off early feature.
Speaker 2: Oh awesome. Oh, we are stuck a little bit in the intersection. He is stuck. Oh okay, there it goes. So it was a few seconds. I do feel bad for him because he was definitely in the intersection. I what the car should have known? Yeah, not stop there, not stop there? Exactly what happened there?
Speaker 5: That is a Tesla Auto Taxi getting stuck in an intersection during a test.
Speaker 4: Well showing how great it was. Was it stuck for longer than it sounded like? There?
Speaker 2: I mean, was that a condensed version? Did it sit for forty five seconds? Okay? Four to five or.
Speaker 4: Forty forty five okay? Yeah, forty five seconds is too long to sit in an intersection?
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, and my understanding, And it wasn't at an intersection. It was in the intersection. It was just sitting there where the cars go to and fro. So more to be worked out. Obviously, it's an amazing system and it's going to take a while, but still more work to do. Speaking of consumer issues, that sort of thing. Really some striking economic numbers out, oh, coming up inside the petty and what was the other word, the complex and petty pre nups of the super wealthy.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't you like to be petty about the super wealthy? Come on?
Speaker 4: I saw I saw some of the pushback there in Venice about the Bezos and his wife wedding. There's a lot of protesters. They unfurled a giant sign in the middle of whatever square that was there.
Speaker 2: Did it say how much work is too much? With the picture of her face?
Speaker 4: No, Now there's a giant sign that said, if you can afford this wedding, you can afford to pay more taxes.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right?
Speaker 5: Anyway, So some fairly shocking economic numbers out about the purchasing the spending of eighteen to twenty four year old adults. It fell thirteen percent year over year, thirteen percent a lot. It's a huge drop spending. My older groups is still on the rise, but has slowed significantly. They mentioned a combination of economic challenges. Young grads are having a much tougher tougher time finding jobs. Student loan payments are restarting for millions of borrowers.
Speaker 2: That for that crowd.
Speaker 4: I know a few people in that situation, and it has been quite the shock to their system, because I know some people with some pretty big nuts, if you'll pardon the expression, that they've got to be able to meet. And all of a sudden, you have a five hundred dollars a month bill that you didn't have before, and you somehow were convinced by an ancient president you were never gonna have to.
Speaker 5: Pay, right, little aoc and the mummy president convinced you that you shouldn't have to pay those It's unjust. Yeah, people they believe that stuff, which is why I warned my kids.
Speaker 4: Don't believe it. Man, this could be and that could be a lot of it. You are not spending money on going out to eating, concerts and maybe travel. If all of a sudden you're paying an extra five hundred to one thousand dollars a month.
Speaker 5: No need to speculate. I have those numbers You're absolutely right. Plus, over the roughly of the past year, credit card delinquency rates have risen to the highest points since pre pandemic levels, highest for those eighteen to twenty nine years of age. They quote a bunch of experts and economists. Expenditures this is among eighteen to twenty four year olds on video games is down twenty four percent, twenty three percent year over year.
Speaker 2: We're the rest of those numbers.
Speaker 5: Apparel is down eleven percent, Accessories is down eighteen percent.
Speaker 2: They don't get how important it is to accessorize.
Speaker 5: Well accessories. I Technology is down fourteen percent. Small appliances down almost twenty percent. Now I was going to get a toaster, but I guess I won't small appliances. I like those kind of statistics, but like my own anecdote dot evidence, and this is completely anecdotal. I live in a wealthy college town, but.
Speaker 4: Got these college kids are out to eat all the time, dressed cool, talking on thousand dollars phones. That's not what I was doing when I was in college. I was eating beanie Wheni's five cans for a dollar from the food club to get by. I wasn't going out to eat every day at expensive restaurants, which is what happens in my college.
Speaker 2: But again that's anecdotal.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I would say that is that is the anecdote that misleads.
Speaker 4: Honestly, Well, you can't deny that there are a lot of people living lifestyles you shouldn't lead at that age or income level, and that's why you're financial trouble.
Speaker 5: Hence the credit card language. Yeah, yeah, absolutely true. Yeah, it's all part of the same too. I was just thinking about the shocking number of foreign students paying full tuition and snapping up spots that American students could have in university after university.
Speaker 2: I saw some of those statistics recently.
Speaker 5: And they're unbelievable anyway, So take a look look for that as a continuing.
Speaker 4: Maybe I should add into my commentary. I know, and this is taking anecdotal to another level, but I know at least a half a dozen people that are in that group who tell me how broke they are all the time, or how they could use more hours if they could get them, because they're really in tough financial straits.
Speaker 2: I think you.
Speaker 4: Live like you're a forty five year old with a really good job and you're twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so maybe you wouldn't be in a bind if you didn't. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Actually, that is the part of the article I should have told you. The headline is Goodbye fancy bar, Hello at home pizza party. Young Americans cut back. Yeah, okay, yes, and they have to obviously. So let's talk about the super rich Jack the other end of the economic scale, the rich and their prenuptial agreements. Attorneys say prenups are only becoming more common for people of all wealth levels, but for those with net worths that are nine figures or larger. That would be one hundred million bucks, right, nine figures?
Speaker 2: Wow? Okay.
Speaker 5: Those agreements become sophisticated legal instruments to protect assets, business empires, and finally, family dynasties.
Speaker 4: I don't know what I think about prenups. I really don't. I've gone back and forth on my I personally would be much better off if I had done it, but I don't ever really think that I wish I hadn't.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 5: So I know a little bit about prenups, but not very much, having been married since we're eleven years old.
Speaker 2: But here's some examples prenups can dictate that's Kanye.
Speaker 5: Ah, yes, the great philosopher Kanye. Prenups can dictate who gets access to the private jet, how the thoroughbred horses are cared for, and who gets to say what about the divorce on social media. The embedded confidential reality agreement can even prohibit disclosing the existence of the prenup itself.
Speaker 2: Well, that's funny.
Speaker 4: You have to have a prenup that includes who gets to say what on social media, as Kanye would say, because when she leaves your ass, she's gonna leave with half.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, said Gay.
Speaker 5: Ultra wealthy prenups must address as assets that can't be easily split or sold. Don't worry, we'll get caddy in a second, such as startup equity that can't be traded in public markets, carry the interest in private equity funds, royalty streams from intellectual property, and family trusts with complex distribution rules, and if you don't have like crazy planning, the distributing those assets can lead to painful trade offs, financial trade offs, not to mention years, if not decades, long legal battles, and everybody in the family ending up hating each other.
Speaker 2: It's it's tough.
Speaker 5: To generate too much sympathy for the ultra wealthy. But eh, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: She says she's gonna buy Tycho with your money, but she only gets light bulb with your money, money money. Who has listened to gold Digger one thousand times?
Speaker 2: I have? That's who?
Speaker 5: Oh well it's a catchy too, and I understand the appeal. So where's the where's my favorite part?
Speaker 2: Oh? Here you go.
Speaker 5: Prenups can lay out who in a divorce supervises the packing of personal belongings.
Speaker 2: Wow, God, that would be awful.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine anything worse than getting down to those details of argument or.
Speaker 5: Or require a spouse to move out within thirty days? So before your nuptials you are saying you're negotiating. All right, Look, when and if we get divorced, I will be in charge of hiring the company that packs up all of your belongings to move them out, because I know once you're stealing anything. Ah right, and you're gonna have that conversation while you're all in love Ryan, Right, I love you. I love you too. Let me look deep into your eyes while you look deep into my eyes. You know, if we ever split up, and I think there's a decent chance we do.
Speaker 4: I think you'd probably steal. So I got this piece of paper that says somebody needs to watch you.
Speaker 2: And I'll need you to move out within two weeks.
Speaker 5: Two weeks come, I gotta find a place to live, all right, four weeks, Look, make it a month, make it thirty days, all right, I know, right, you gotta be out within thirty days.
Speaker 2: Here's a good one.
Speaker 4: I know someone who got hit with the prenup, like just two weeks before the wedding, had never come up in conversation before the idea of it, and then they got to I'm gonna want you to sign this, and then it was like too late to pull the plug.
Speaker 2: I mean you could, obviously, but it's.
Speaker 5: A lot harder to Yeah, some clients demand that their prenups. Here we go, stipulate that a spouse maintain a specific weight, you say, within twenty pounds of what it was on the wedding day.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's fantastic a prenup weight agreement.
Speaker 2: Honey, I'm gonna need you to come on and step on the scale.
Speaker 4: Looking like that might be breaking some rules. That's an excellent point, Katie to enforce the prenup. If anybody's getting close, somebody's got to say, all right, we need to have a way I put in the pre nup. I would never do this, but if you were going to the only way to make this less contentious was part of the prenup is we have to have weekly weigh.
Speaker 2: In both of us. Right. Well, one thing is you've go ahead, otherwise you end up in a situation. Hey katie's talking about.
Speaker 4: Hey, I just noticed when we were at the pool on vacation, look like a street, aren't.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: One common thing is you've got to stay within twenty pounds of what you are on the wedding day.
Speaker 2: Or what. I don't know me.
Speaker 4: I saw you come out of the sauna, and if you're not two ten, my name's Marco Rubio. I mean, so I think we should get the scale out well.
Speaker 5: And if you're looking for a trophy wife or a husband or something, I mean that just that ends. Is she just or is he just marrying me because I'm young and hot?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, it's being made very very clear here. If you gain twenty one pounds, you're in violation of the prenup and you lose your rights to God knows, I don't know the house, the car, money, whatever, or it says you've got. Well, for instance, here's another one a prenups. There's one prenup says you agree to exercise four times a week during the marriage.
Speaker 2: That one seems hard to enforce.
Speaker 5: Well, again, there's got to be a subclause about if you have the flu or a similar disease. Others want financial penalties for cheating. One attorney described a clam seeking a million dollar payment for each affair.
Speaker 4: See, that's you know, some states have that. That's one of the problems that you get into the So if one person cheats and then you go through the divorce laws of where they are and you're gonna get lose half your stuff for somebody who violated the vows, that just seems so incredibly uncool to me.
Speaker 5: But on the other side of it, here's an Atlanta attorney, Well, go ahead, did you have one more point on that?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not a misogynist like you, so I wanted to point out that it could be the other direction for the weight gain. I've known a number of women who are very unhappy that they got married in their husband's game. Like fifty pounds, what are you gonna do? You can work anyway. Here's an Atlanta based divorce attorney. He recounts a professional basketball player client who insisted his prenup acknowledge that quote NBA players are known to have affairs, so cheating could not trigger costly.
Speaker 2: It was a get out of jail free.
Speaker 5: Or you know, I'm going to have a fair there's clause in the prenup.
Speaker 2: Well why even get married.
Speaker 4: I know I got no success to lean on as a but I just, yeah, I can't imagine you get all that taken care of, and now you're walking down the aisle starry eyed and happy with each other. Happiest day of my life now that we've worked out that you can't gain more than ten pounds, or I'll put you on the scale and hold you to it, or you know all these other different things. Well I need to be watched while I pack boxes if we do split up, because I can't be trusted.
Speaker 2: I mean, where's the magic.
Speaker 5: Nothing says love like getting the lawyers involved. And here's a New York to Forest attorney, a woman who says, every prenuptial agreement is a power play.
Speaker 2: It's exciting for them to have.
Speaker 5: This control, but the leverage goes to whoever cares less about the marriage. If you're willing to walk away, you hold all the cards.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow, that's wrong. That is so foreign to my life experience. Yeah, I know, I'm so lucky.
Speaker 5: Hey, wow, whoever cares less about the marriage holds all the cards.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I think because it what I agree. But you know, I'm not married, so I haven't pulled it off. I think you got to sneak it in.
Speaker 2: You do.
Speaker 4: Like I weighed my truck the other day on a truck scale. Don't know if you've ever been on a truck scale, but it just it looks like the driveway.
Speaker 2: It's just that the driveway floats.
Speaker 4: And so you gotta do that under their chair at the table or like their easy chair where they watch television.
Speaker 2: You make that a.
Speaker 4: Scale, have a digital readout on the back of it or on you you know, you ap a n app on your phone. So they sit in their chair and.
Speaker 2: Think one ninety five. Okay, man, he's two pounds away. Yeah, a digital readout on your couch. There you go. You need to secretly weigh them. That's my point. She sits down. Oh you know, I found the salad recipe for dinner. It's gonna be great. Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 4: Believe a weight guarantee of the pre dup. That's a funny one. Wow O love more on the way Star.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 8: Bojangles unveiled a new breakfast bo rito which features sausage, egg potatoes, cheese in Southern style sausage gravy. Not to be undone. Raising Canes is now offering just a gun, says.
Speaker 2: You, skinny New Yorker. I like I like my fast food.
Speaker 5: I've got a fairly cynical follow up to our discussion about prenups, and then a much more charitable one, Jack. I understand the text line has been ahman uh yeah.
Speaker 4: And but particularly what has gotten a lot of people's attention is the whole having in your prenup weight gain.
Speaker 2: You're not allowed to go past this weight or to stay.
Speaker 4: Within twenty pounds of which you weigh on the wedding or what that ends the marriage?
Speaker 2: Well with this one.
Speaker 4: There's a reality show on TLC where the girl wanted the guy to sign a prenup. In the stipulation was if she gained over a certain amount of weight during they're monthly or weekly way in, So they're going to have a weekly or monthly way in. I think that is a good idea because otherwise you've got you've got the I hate to say this, but I really think we need to put you on the scale.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, yeah, best to schedule it right. Is part of the deal.
Speaker 4: She owes him one thousand dollars per pound, so you wouldn't be immediate divorce. You just owe them a thousand dollars per pound until you get the weight off. Although I always shared finances, so I don't know how it worked.
Speaker 2: So a couple of things.
Speaker 5: Prenups can include, Oh, my cynical note was you got to have a clause in there? It's the opposite a getting too hot clause.
Speaker 2: Oh wait a minute, you've lost a bunch of weight and changed your hairstyle. What's going on?
Speaker 4: I have seen that be the prelude to a divorce many times.
Speaker 5: So prenups can include sunset clauses into which the agreement expires after ten or twenty years, which acknowledges hey, after that point we are genuine partners. And these days there are stepped agreements If we get divorced within five years, you get five million. If it's within ten years, you get twenty million, et cetera. And then they make the point that wealthy people are insecure just like you and me. They want to be loved. The wealth can become an impediment because they're afraid of being taken advantage of.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and so if you say, yeah, i'll sign it.
Speaker 5: I'm not here for the money anyway, then that's a pretty good indication, pretty good that no, you're actually in love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It works both ways though, because you'd be you know, so I'm attractive and younger than him, and he's just gonna dump me and I'm gonna get nothing out of this. Yeah we can work use me for a bit. Yeah, Yeah, that's a tough one. I can understand why, like super rich people, it's very difficult to go out there and get into relationships and not be suspicious.
Speaker 5: Your mileage may vary, but we seem to have a societal norm against getting married when you're young and poor.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. There are real advantages. Oh sure, absolutely, yeah, no kidding, no kidding.
Speaker 4: So we do four hours of a show every single day, lots of different segments. If you don't get them all, or miss some, or want to hear them again, you should look for our podcast. It's called Armstrong and Getty on demand. Simplest thing to do would be to subscribe it and it's automatically in your feed
Speaker 5: Armstrong and Getty