Speaker 1: Welcome everybody. Thursday edition of the Clay Travis en Buck Sexton Show kicks off right now, and we have so much to discuss with you, as is always the case here, we've got the Trump trip to the Middle East. He spoke to US troops and cutter and talking about what we're doing for the military these days. More on the border, more on what's going on with the Trump administration's efforts to secure the border, and that includes interior enforcement of our laws. The left is still very upset about the South African refugees, which is not a surprise, but remember fifty of them. There's fifty. It's really just, if nothing else, they find it so outrageous and insulting. And it goes to some broader and very important arguments that everybody should be aware of, which is that Democrats have been trained to believe that you cannot be why and be oppressed anywhere. That's a remarkable position, but that really is in fact their position. White people are not oppressed anywhere in the world, that is not a possibility. They generally believe that about Christians too, you know, even in places like Pakistan or it doesn't matter. Christians can't be oppressed, Saudi Arabia Christians are depressed. You know, it's all fine. So we'll discuss some of those details with you know, I find that to be a very important, important case study. And we've also got I listened all morning, Clay, and it was very I was I was in charge of the baby for a while, so I was taking care of baby, listening Supreme Court arguments, trying to stay in the zone, you know, make sure baby's good, make sure I'm here in all the process and all the back and forth over the Supreme Court. And it's about the birthright Citizenship Executive Order. Clay, you and I actually talk about this a little bit. I'll tell you what I heard, what I picked up, and then you could tell me, you know, where you think this is all going and what's really happening here. It's a lot of process talk on a huge case that if it goes against the Trump administration eventually. Today was really just on the injunction what should happen Now, it's not a final or it's not a final decision by any means. They haven't even heard the merits of the case. But this case State of New Jersey coming forward to say, well, we are so harmed and this is so obviously outrageous that you have to do things right now to stop this before you even hear the merits and it gets to universal injunctions, a lot of legally stuff. We'll talk about it, but wow, the Biden decline cover up is something that people, I think are seeing now clear that we have more and more details about this that are coming out. It's even I don't know if it's worse than we thought, because we all knew and it was as bad as I think it could have been, but it was as bad as we thought it was going to be. And I also think that they're realizing that they're going to have to take their medicine on this. People are not buying the arguments on it. We've got a whole lot more information about like the incoherent mumblings of Biden, all of this kind of stuff. What do you make of this? Because it has really taken over the news cycle. Yes, so today's revelations are so so let me take a step back. It is Thursday, the book comes out on Tuesday. It seems to me quite clear that they have decided, Hey, we're going to have a new bad revelation every day between now and publication day, and I sort of think that there must be something truly explosive that they are holding for Monday or Tuesday that's even worse than what we've seen already. So just a refresher on what we've seen. George Clooney says that Biden didn't recognize him. They debated having to put him in a wheelchair. Today's revelations are many of Biden's top advisors he couldn't remember their names. This is pretty crazy stuff. I mean, even for us to I thought, hey, you know, Biden's pretty bad. I didn't think that he would be forgetting his top advisor's names. And this is where I think it's even getting worse than maybe anyone thought that it could be. Does that make sense? So much of what you how you react as expectations. If your kid, generally speaking, is a C student and he gets a D, you might be like, ah, man, what are you doing? You could do better than that. If you're a student gets a D, you're like, you're grounded. What are you doing in your life? Right? You react differently based on what you expect from people, And this is the story of to the New York Post. Biden couldn't recall his top aides names when they were in front of him. This is like, oh man, this is staggering. Including Donnellan, the guy who was his advisor since the nineteen eighties. He forgot his name in twenty nineteen during the twenty twenty presidential campaign. That's what's what's so important here is I assumed and clauses before you and I were teamed up on this show, I had said on my show during the Democrat primary many times on the air, it can't be Joe Biden. Guys, he has clear dementia. Yeah, twenty nineteen, Okay, it was obvious to anybody who was paying attention that he had already declined substantially. What they're trying to pull now, I think they're only a hope of escaping with any integrity at all. This sort of journalistic blob in DC in particular is oh, the decline was so rapid, it happened so quickly. He was fine until the election year or thereabouts. But that's also not true. And we called him dementia Joe for four years. I used to sit here, and you know, in twenty twenty one, in twenty twenty two. I'd say, hey, Joe Biden should be out somewhere sitting on a park bench feeding the ducks, and yet he is commander in chief. We all knew, we all said it, and now what comes out is everything that we It's this is a little bit like COVID deja vu for those of us that are. Everything that we said, and every joke we made and every snarky comment we dropped out of frustration that there were so many lies is a one hundred percent accurate. It was the absolute truth. Here are a couple of details. Jake Sullivan was a long time Biden ade. Multiple times in twenty twenty two in public, meaning a lot of people knew, Joe Biden called him Steve. He does kind of look like Steve, you know, and it is kind of funny and ridiculous, But this is the President of the United States. I'm not great with names. I screw up names all the time. I am not name guy. Some of you may be out there that I have screwed up. I'm not good with names. But if you don't know your top advisor's names, he called him Steve beckoned for him to come over and Jake Sullivan, who is out there publicly saying Biden as sharp as attack. By the way, someone's gonna show up with a video where Biden in the Oval is looking right at Jake Salivan. He's like, Suirley, I told you how to burn the toast again. He's just this is gonna get really bad. You imagine in that room he calls Steve, Steve, get over here, and everybody's like looking around because there is no Steve, and then he called him Steve again. He also called his top assistant and current spokeswoman Bettingfield, Press like, these are people that are close to Biden, okay, and this is where I come back. Sullivan, by the way, started to work for Biden in twenty thirteen, so he had been with him for a decade at that point. Kate Bettingfield started with the vice president in twenty fifteen. So we're talking about decade long relationships of people in close proximity. D Uh. Of course these are the these are the top people in the White House. Clay. Can you imagine, you know, if Trump was in his first term, if he had if he had like looked at Ivanka and called her, you know, Cheryl or Susie or whatever. Right, Yeah, it would have been It would have been a huge story and everybody would have been in, oh my gosh, he's got the nuclear codes and what are we gonna do? And he's a commander in chief. These people all knew, they all knew what was going on, and they hid this even though we all knew what was going on. And what's a amazing is that you still had how many.
Speaker 2: Millions of people vote for Kabala and think that this was all fine and this was a better option than like, when you actually look at it, it is terrifying that so many Democrats were like, you know what, it's okay, they tried the dementia puppet thing.
Speaker 1: Let's go with Kamala now, like, well, this was this is the biggest Is it the biggest political I mean, I got a thing now, I'm like, hmm, there's some Trump stuff with the prosecutions. This is in some ways the most outrageous though, because it is such an insult to our intelligence. They were insulting the intelligence of the American people in a way that you never really seen before. The insult and that the insult now is the press trying to cover up and say, how could we have possibly known? And what the answer is? Somehow at least half of America watch these videos. But it wasn't just that they they knew that you were They knew, but so they lied intentionally and attacked people like you and me. I mean, their headlines still out there of us pointing out Biden's physical and mental frail and you had guys like Scarborough. I mean, sharp, You've known him for fifty years and this is the best version of Biden. I mean, this is like, this is where you realize you're a somewhat criminal. I think buck which I hadn't heard vero many people talk about. But if you allow someone to be in a position of power who has dementia, it is I think criminal negligence on the part of the advisors too have permitted this to occur. Well, what's the statue. I mean, you've got to tell me what crime. I agree with you, it's it's a betrayal of the country. It's reckless beyond words, but being dishonest morons. Unfortunately that they've got to lock up a lot of DC If that's well, when you go under oath, as many of these people did, and say Biden is fine, he's sharp as attack. I mean, there's pretty ample evidence now that many of those people are saying that. Yes. I mean, then if you're want to get people on perjury, that's the statue. Yeah, if that's the case. I meant, at a minimum, you could get them on perjury. But I mean, this would be a great question for a US attorney if if there is a conspiracy to cover up the health of the president of the United States, who is unable to do the job. And remember when Hillary said there was a vast right wing conspiracy and everybody kind of ridiculed it about Bill Clinton. I think it is clear at this point that there was a vast left wing conspiracy to conceal Joe Biden's dementia, and there were many people who knew about this and chose to lie publicly, sometimes under oath, about his fitness to be president of the United States. I mean, the irony here, Buck is, all these people lectured us about being on the right side of history, and I believe they engaged in the most indefensible act in the White House that any of us by and large have seen in any of our lives. Also, just Jo, we could do a supercut of and I mean some of these exact individuals that you're talking about whose names were forgotten by And it's not you know, when we're talking about Biden forgetting a name, it's not you know, somebody saying something and then correcting himself a second later. It's he probably had a conversation with the person with that name, having no idea what the difference is. Because he has dementia, okay, because his brain is not functioning the way that it used to. And all of these people, though Clay, were making the case when Trump was in office that we should invoke the one that his advisor should invokee. The twenty fifth Amendent on Donald Trump. They all know what the twenty fifth Amendment is. If this was not the time to invoke the twenty fifth Amendment, why do we have it? Why is it even on the books. Is there a more clear cutcase in the history of this country while that amendment has been in force when it should have been used. No, And yet they used it as a political weapon against Trump and not as a tool to help the country and do their duty by the American people. This is this is catastrophic, man. I mean, the amount of of credibility and integrity and decency that has been just lit on fire in front of everybody, not just you, me, the right wingers. Anybody with a brain who's paying attention knows this is terrible what they tell you this. Sorry to cut you off, Buck, but I'm the more I read about this, the more fired up I get. We had congressional hearings about January sixth. Why would Republicans not have hearings and an investigation into Joe Biden's dementia and the cover up that Democrats provided for it and call all of these people under oath and make them testify about what they saw based on some of the revelations that are coming out in this book. Tell me why that wouldn't make sense? Yeah, makes sense to me. We have some people. Have you heard anybody suggest it? I haven't heard anybody suggest it, But I mean, if you use jan sixth as an argument, that's the worst day since the Civil War. That's what Joe Biden. Kamala Harris tried to say. Where does this rank covering up the president's dementia for years in incredible danger that our country faced, not to mention who was the actual president? Well, we also need to know. And there have been people raising the issue of the autopen and it's usage now a lot of people use autopens. It's not that there was an autopen used by a president, and it's did the president actually know that his signature was going on these things? Right? You know, if your wife says, sign my check and she says, that's fine, it's not forgery, Like you're not gonna get a double for it. Right if you're signing checks and you're giving yourself money and people don't know, and that's that's not okay. And the same thing would apply to the press. I mean, you're so right here, and I mean there is significant examination, for instance, in contract rights, did someone understand did they have the wherewithal to bind themselves or a corporation to a contract based on their signature if they were not of sound mind to be engaging in it. In other words, if you are, and this is in an insane asylum, you can can't sign away the property value of your house. You lack the functional ability to do that. It sounds to me like Biden did for most of his tenure. Companies rely on customer databases for some businesses, particularly online stores, it's their lifeline. They go to great lengths to protect their customer's info, but cyber hackers go to grant lengths too, and sometimes gain access through a data breach. These cyber hackers want that data because they can sell it quickly on the dark web to fellow cyber thieves looking to exploit the online identities they obtain. It's an example of how online identity theft happens and how cybercrime and identity theft are affecting our lives. It's why you want to have a LifeLock membership to protect yourself from online identity theft. LifeLock monitors millions of data points a second for risks to your online identity, detect and alerts you to potential threats you may not spot on your own, like malware planted on your phone. And if you do become a victim of identity theft, a dedicated US based restoration specialists will fix it guaranteed or your money back. Easy. To help protect yourself with LifeLock, join now say forty percent off your first year with my name buck as your promo code. Call one eight hundred LifeLock or go online to LifeLock Dot com and use promo code Buck for forty percent off. Terms apply.
Speaker 3: Making America great Again isn't just one man, It's many. The Team forty seven podcast Sunday's at noon Eastern in the Clay and Buck podcast feed. Find it on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 1: I know a lot of you are always saying to us, make sure we focus on what Trump is doing, and we will continue do that today. We try to do it every day. The good news is he's just got so much going that is in progress. We're updating you on it. In the Middle East and the deals he's trying to accomplish there. We'll have more of the specifics when he gets back. Obviously, while he's over there, some of these things are still being negotiated. But we do know that there is reporting that Iran wants a deal on the nuclear program with Trump. Can Trump figure out something with Iran? Is Look, we want iron not to have nukes and we want to not have to go to war or engage in an extended aerial campaign that could lead into war against Iran. Right, We're trying to accomplish both of those things if possible. That's what Trump is trying to accomplish no war in the Middle East, no nuclear Iran, and be confident in that, be certain in that. To agree, you can be certain in anything. And we'll see if Trump is able to pull that off. It's so funny, Clay, he may in fact be worth by the end of this administration, maybe by the end of this year, the Nobel Peace Prize several times over. They will never give it to him, never ever, because that is just going right into the heart of the international elite. They will never give him the Nobel Peace Prize, even though well that's why it's kind of become a joke. But we are watching this closely. You're also noticing we're not talking too much about the economy this week. That's because, hey, how's your four to one k looking Clay over there with his French cuff shirts with the monograms and the stock ticker behind him. I can just see it right now. We got to get like a separate set for you on radio where Clay's like, all right, guys, we're talking stocks. He said, don't sell, if anything buy. It was good advice. It was good advice, and I will tell you great advice. I actually I did buy the dip and uh, and it was a good move. Stocks are up for the year. That that's the thing you need to know. And you know, things have gotten a lot better because they don't put the stock ticker up on CNN, they don't put the stock ticker up on MSNBC. It is such a dishonest thing that when the stocks were going down, that was the lead story. Price of eggs. Let me hit you at this buck. Price of gas. Nobody talking about it. Last night, I went to an MLS game two dollars sixty five cents. I drove past a Nashville area gas station two dollars sixty five cents. It is continuing to come down even as we typically gas prices go up in the summer. People drive more, that's a general rule. It's down by half compared to what it was in the summer of twenty twenty two with Joe Biden virtually zero media discussion. That's how most people recognize what the price of goods is. That's the thing they see and just and see price changing constantly. Gas prices for year lows. You know, And part of this, I think is whether you're when you're reporting on the news, you have to focus on what is important, and you look for what is in conflict in those important areas. Right, So the economy, should we be spending more or how's the market going? Or where's unemployment? And what can be done to change this? And what are the policies. The opposition to Trump on these things right now is so weak as to be not even really worthy of time. That's just the truth that they are not mounting any real arguments against it. So we're updating you on what he's doing at some level because that's the only show in town and it's going well, right. I mean, if it was and when things were rough, what did we say, Okay, the market's down, it's going to be choppy. This is going to require a reset. But we think he knows what he's doing, trusting this, and sure enough, here we are. So I just give you all that because we're watching. Trust me, all Clay and I do is read the news pretty much all day long and set up stories to talk about because I know there can be a little bit of pushback on why are we talking about the Biden thing? Because we're just finding out the full extent of how dishonest and disgraceful.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And by the way, to people out there who say, well, we know he was bad. Did you see what they did on January sixth? They spent four years marinating in January sixth, they had prime time hearings, they came out and told all of us it was the worst day since the Civil War. I would submit to you this is way worse. And the media is going to cover it, and the Democrat brand it's a big left wing conscent.
Speaker 5: Beer.
Speaker 1: See, if Republicans do their job and they hold all these people's feet to the fire, this will make January sixth look like a random BLM riot, which is basically what it was. And we saw hundreds of those. We never remembered the bore in our lives. I remember this Tapper publicly, mister Jake Tapper, who's co authored this book that is rightly being Unfortunately, they're going to sell a ton of copies, so it is a smart financial decision. But the premise of it, which is we're the good guys for telling you the truth now, is absurd and just just an affront to our intelligence and to the dignity of public discourse.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: But we're watching all the But I do think that building on what you just said is important and why this is such a huge deal. They have to cover it to make themselves cleansed from their complicity. There's no way around this, that's right. That's why they want control of the narrative to the greatest possible degree. And you've almost started to see some of them maybe with the beginnings of some contrition, insofar as they would rather be thought dumb than dishonest. Just remember that they because they know dishonesty means you're never listening to them again. Dumb means I'll do better next time. That's what they're going for here. But it actually was not that it was that they were dishonest. They are clever, Tapa. I just wanted to point out, and you can go go go check on Twitter public he was of the Oh, you said that people shouldn't attack cops on January sixth, and I mean on the day and right after. You're all complicit. You get no credit for it. Everybody who was speaking out against violence that day, you know your blood is on your He was one of those guys. He was a blood is on all your hands guys. And as we know, the only like substantial injury, or rather, the only fatal injury was to a woman who was shot by a police officer as capitolill copla the neck anyway, Ashley Babbitt, which is still a stain on this country that that happened. But okay, so here we are, now, Clay and they're going to have to try to explain this to their own side. Wolf Blitzer, the most milk toast of the CNN, right, I think I nailed that one. Thank you. I think that gave me perfectly information. Yes, the most milk toast of the CNN anchor stable over there. He starts with Hakeem Jefferies on Okay, what did we know about this decline? Let's walk through this together, friends. This just happened last twenty four hours, play too.
Speaker 6: President Biden didn't even recognize George Clooney at a fundraiser. Why should voters trust Democrats when it's clear so many in your party went to great lengths to keep Biden's condition hidden hidden from the public.
Speaker 4: I can't tell you what happened between George Clooney and President Biden that wasn't at that event.
Speaker 1: What I can say is that when not looking back.
Speaker 4: We We're going to continue to look forward because at this moment, we've got real problems that need to be addressed on behalf of the American people, including the Republican effort to snatch away healthcare, snatch away for assistants and hurt veterans.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna work, the uh, the old Potomac pivot, it's not it's not gonna work.
Speaker 3: The uh.
Speaker 1: We're just looking forward now. No, Actually, this is in many ways, Clay. I think Vima for the honor and integrity such as it is of a political party in America, I've never seen anything like this before. I've never seen anything that is this because it wasn't and you know, I don't want to get at all. The January sixth was a different thing. You know, there was a whole lot of there was a lot of rigging that went on in that election. There's a whole lot of reason for concern. It was mostly it was a mostly peaceful protest. It was mostly a protest and everything else. This was a all the King's horses and all the King's men, multi year conspiracy at the very top of the government, day in and day out. It wasn't a protest that got too rowdy and that then was treated like it was you know, Pearl Barbauming. I think, and I think we need to see this for what it is. Yeah, and that's why I think we need to have primetime congressional hearings. I just I don't if Republicans do not do this, they are incompetent, because one, it's super important for the country. We can never have this situation occur again. Say whatever you want about Barack Obama, say whatever you want about Donald Trump, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush. Did anybody doubt that they had the mental faculties to make whatever choices they wanted to make? Of course not. I think Heck, I'd like to see Obama under oath. Why did Obama not pick Joe Biden in twenty sixteen. It's some real question that Biden has never really answered. I think it's because they could see already that he was in the early stages of dementia in twenty sixteen, and that's why he went to Hillary about that. He didn't let his VP that was there for eight years take over. Now. I know they tried to say, well, Joe, you're just not doing well enough because your son died. I'm sure that was debilitating to Biden and probably did not help his descent into dementia. But was the death of his son partly what they used as a cover to explain his descent into dementia. Maybe it accelerated it. In twenty nineteen, he didn't recognize the guy who had been his top advisor since the nineteen eighties. And I hate to say this, but you all know how dementia works. Some days you can have good days and you can think, hey, maybe it's not so bad. I thought they this is where you and I see this a little differently. I think they thought they could thread the needle with a good day on debate night. And I don't know how they thought that. I don't know what the nap schedule was or whatever, or the drugs that they were likely shooting him up with right before he went out. And I you know, you could look at his eyes. Remember us talking about how he would wear the sunglasses. But if you zoomed in on his eyes, the man looked hopped up on stuff like crazy when he was given some of these speeches. Remember how angry he looked. Remember how I mean, I'm there is zero doubt that they were shooting him up like crazy. Remember when he finished the State of the Union and he read go get Him? Do you remember that? And remember when he went to Ukraine and at the end he had lived, and they were so angry at him about what he said at the end, like we've got a tear down putin or whatever it was. They the guy could barely read off a prompter. But like an old ballplayer who's been doing something for a long time, he could be as good as he was for short periods of time, depending on day and time. I'm gonna tell you this right now. If it was really about what was good for the country and going forward, being more accurate and doing a better job, where's your invitation. Where's my invitation to go on Morning Joe and explain why we the whole time? Yeah, but when is the view going to say, Hey, Buck, I want you to come on and just walk us through why you and Clay. They can have both of us. It'd be fun. Why you and Clay were right about this for years to the point where it was almost like the mockery felt hackneyed after a while. It's like we've just done this joke day in and day out, day in and day because we're left with no choice. Why did you guys get it right? No, Instead, we're still some we were right, they were wrong, but somehow they still feel morally superior in the situation. This is what you have to remember about Democrats. It doesn't matter that they look like absolute well liars and buffoons. It's they did this to stop the bad team. The bad people were the bad people. Nothing else matters, which is, by the way, their entire ethos when it comes to dealing with Donald Trump. So is it surprising Clay that they would do this given that they say, I, you know, they have the on Laura Show last night just to kind of laugh. There's these professors at Yale, as if that's supposed to impress anybody, it should not impress anybody. These professors at Yale who are leaving the country because they're experts in fascism and they can't handle all the fascism that's going on. So they're idiots and cowards because they're just abatting their country instead of standing in No surprise there right got to go find a tenured position somewhere else. But at what point do they just realize you guys are wrong. You're insane. Grow up and calm down. By the way, we got another bit of breaking news. That's another conspiracy theory I think that we've shared on this show that now looks like it's true. Jim Jordan is investigating, and it appears he has found smoking gun evidence that Peiser hid the results of their COVID shot to avoid it coming out before the twenty twenty election. So, in addition to all the other rig jobs that were going over, the Wall Street Journal just published Lawmakers investigating whether Pfiser waited to share results, and Jim Jordan just shared some tweets and emails that suggest that Pfizer's top execs intentionally prevented that from occurring, which obviously given how close that was, and Jim Jordan now is going to come on the show with us tomorrow to be talking about that buck. So conspiracy theorists are on a hell of a run.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: They're like a baseball team that's going like one hundred and sixty two and zero. Everything they told you was a conspiracy, you wait a few months and or in this case, a few years, and it ends up being true. I want to remind you all about the great work that's being done day in and day out by Preborn, an incredible organization that has saved hundreds of thousands, in fact, three hundred and fifty thousand babies over the last two decades and counting. And they can only do this because of donations from you, the pro life community. I understand Roe v way is gone. I understand you're voting your conscience and you're taking action and the ballot box to protect life. But what are you doing day in and day out. Yes, you have to live your principles, your ideals, but there are organizations like this that are on the front lines. Preborn is saving babies right now, and they need your help. This is where you can make a difference. Preborn starts this whole process by welcoming a pregnant mom into their facility and giving a free ultrasound and letting that mom see the tiny heartbeat the little baby growing inside her, and then talking to her about the options for support and care and love that you will receive if she chooses to give this baby life. And this works so often, and they only need twenty eight dollars per ultrasound. You know, we have that wonderful Vip who wrote it and said that for Mother's Day, her husband gave her a ten ultrasounds give essentially in her name to Preborn, So that was two hundred and eighty dollars. Think about that Ten little babies that might be running around the world in the next you know, the next year, years and years going forward because of that incredible gift to donate securely. Dial pound two five zero, say the keyword baby. That's pound two five zero, say baby. Or visit preborn dot com slash buck that's preborn dot com slash b u c K sponsored by Preboard.
Speaker 7: Sometimes all you can do is laugh, and they do a lot of it with the Sunday Hang Join Clay and Buck as they laugh it up in the Clay and Buck podcast feed on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: We got a lot of you reacting. We're gonna get to some of those eight hundred and two A two two eight A two. Obviously as the phone line, we'll try to take a couple of your calls. No guest today, by the way, we did mention we're going to talk to Jim Jordan tomorrow about explosive information that he has uncovered, which suggests that the COVID shot, which we now know is a limit and basically worthless, but that top executives worked to keep news about what they thought was the success of the COVID shot from going public before the twenty twenty election, which Trump has said publicly he believed happened, which may well have swung the election by itself because the race came down to forty thousand votes in Wisconsin, at Georgia and Arizona. So who knows. I mean, if you had thought, hey, there's going to be a vaccine coming, would people have been more likely to vote differently? I don't think that's a crazy idea. Certainly we know if Hunter Biden's business dealings, if Joe Biden's dementia, I mean, the rig job in twenty twenty just continues to add different layers. But there was a big Spring Court case that I want to talk some about, Buck and you mentioned off the top of the show that you listened to a lot of it. I was not. I'll tell you where. I wasn't a sec I was reading about it. But I do want to play this because it ties in with the first hour. Do you know what happened one year ago today? Joe Biden publicly challenged Donald Trump to an early debate. Do you remember this, Buck? This is what it sounded like for those of you who had forgotten. This was one year ago today.
Speaker 8: Listen, Donald Trump lost two debates to me in twenty twenty since, and he hadn't shown up for debate. Now he's acting like he wants to debate me again. Will make my day, Pal, I'll even do it twice. So let's pick the dace.
Speaker 7: Donald.
Speaker 8: I hear you're free on Wednesdays.
Speaker 1: So and that was because Trump was going to criminal court on Wednesdays.
Speaker 7: Ha ha ha.
Speaker 1: With the preposterous efforts to destroy Trump's ability to run, we may try today, pal, Buck, is that the most disastrous political taunt in history? Given what happened one month later, If if they had just listened to me, they would have been in a much better spot because their best option was Biden. But their best option was Biden with no by the time he was making that taunt with no debates, That's what they should have done. That was the fatal flaw in all of this was they thought they could pull one over with the debates one more time, and given that Trump hadn't debated in the primary, the Democrats could have very easily said, well we won't. You know, people have seen enough of these two anyway. I know it's at some level water under the bridge, but they just misplayed this thing. They just screwed it up, the same way they misplayed running against Trump across the board. Yeah, they totally did. And I think, as you break all of this down again, that was one year ago and Biden completely blown up. And I still think and I wonder if in the book they're going to kind of give us an idea of what they intended with the June twenty seventh, because I had forgotten that he said he'd debate him twice. Remember they didn't even attempt this second debate because the first one went so disastrously. But it was Biden making that video and taunting Trump about how much he wanted to debate that actually put this on the calendar and bucks right. If they had listened to him, they could have at least continued the vast left wing conspiracy about his health until September or October when they did a debate, and maybe then they could have shot up Biden with enough stuff to make him able to go out and debate. I tend to think that it would have been even more of an implosion if they had been able to keep him in and not been able to make the change till September. But he would have been able to run. They wouldn't have been able to replace him like they did and switch to Kamala at the last possible minute. But I did want to get into this. You listened to a lot of the discussion, like an hour of it. I was pretty deep into it. Yeah, for those of you who don't know, major discussed debate, major oral argument at the Supreme Court today, and it was actually a little bit complicated because there's kind of two different parts of what they were arguing. And I'm going to try to lay out why I think it's significant. And producer Ali I sent you a cut of Clarence Thomas that I think gets to the essence of this really really well. So let me know when that cut is ready. But it is ready, Okay, So Buck here is So for those of you out there who were not following this, it is a little bit complicated, and just the whole Trump era has been steeped and complicated legal arcana as we have been breaking it all down. But really this is kind of a two parter that they were arguing today. One is the big issue is, hey, is it possible for Trump's executive order on birthright citizenship to be legal and for him to have the power to say that birthright citizenship has been missed applied effectively and citizen and kids children, Babies born to illegal immigrants do not become automatic American citizens right. People who are here in this country illegally do not have the ability to come across our border, have a baby, and then your baby automatically becomes an American citizen. That's a big picture question. But structurally this is impacting everything that Trump is trying to do. The question is should a federal district court judge be able to effectively enjoin a presidential action nationwide? They're around six hundred and fifty ish of these federal district court judges, right, and the only person who has that level of universal constitutional authority based on just what he thinks or she thinks it's always been to he is the president. So there's a problem here. No one Supreme Court justice can say this is the deal for everybody all across the country. But one federal judge, a lower and even lower than an appeals court judge, one one circuit court judge could say, this is where we're getting into the universal, universal injunction issue. And I think it's very interesting, Clay, because you know, with the two sides arguing this morning, the side that was arguing against on behalf of I guess the state of New Jersey, which is saying our welfare programs will be too burdened by not knowing if somebody is a citizen or you know, if they've been given citizenship, whether born in the state or outside the state. I mean this It is a pretty complicated series of interlocking legal issues here, but I can say this one of the things that kept coming up was they said, yeah, okay, sure, it's a problem for a federal judge to just be able to do that unless it's like really important and they're really sure. And that's more or less what the anti Trump side of this kept saying to if the judges, you know, the justices had to say, you guys do this a lot, and I'm sure you always think that the people that you like are doing this because it's so extreme and so necessary. But it can't just be on the whim of a lower circuit or a lower circuit court judge. What the policy for the whole country is. Yeah, and it actually goes to me And this is me nerding out a little bit legally. It actually goes to the essence of separation of powers because there are, in theory three co equal branches of the United States government, right, take you back to eighth grade history or whatever, the executive, the congressional branch, and the judicial. The judicial branch relies on the authority of the Supreme Court. That's why it's called the Supreme Court. In order for something to happen, five Supreme Court justices have to agree on it. Circuit court's buck. In order for a circuit court ruling to be in effect, at least two out of three Circuit court judges have to agree on something. What is happening with the Federal District Court is one judge is basically executing on a level that Circuit Court judges who are above them, and Supreme Court judges who are above those Circuit Court those Circuit court judges do not have. In other words, the single authority of a district court judge is actually higher on the flow chart than two of their superior court judges. And that might sound a little complicated, but I'm trying to explain. And Clarence Thomas pointed out that this has really only become an issue in the modern day, and this is the cut I pulled because I think he does a good job of distilling how things have changed.
Speaker 7: General.
Speaker 4: When were the first universal injunctions used.
Speaker 5: We believe that the best reading of that is what you said in Trump against Hawaii, which is that words in nineteen sixty three was really the first universal in jes function. There's a dispute about Perkins against Luken's Oil going back to nineteen forty, and of course we point to the court's opinion that reversed that universal injunction issued by the d C Circuit and said it's profoundly wrong. Now, if you look at the cases at the either party site, you see a common theme the cases that we cite, like National Treasury, Treasury's Employment Union, Perkins against Lukens Oil, Frothingham and Massachusetts against Melon, going back to Scott against Donald and all of those those are cases where the court considered and addressed the sort of universal in that case, statewide issue of provision of injunctive relief. When the court is considered it address this is consistently said, you have to limit the remedy to the plaintifs of appearing in court and complaining of that remedy.
Speaker 4: So we survived until the nineteen sixties without universal injunctions.
Speaker 5: That's exactly correct, and in fact those are very limited, very rare, even in the nineteen sixties. It really exploded in two thousand and seven. In our curve petition in Summers against Earth Island Institute, we pointed out that the Ninth Circuit started doing this in a whole bunch of cases involving environmental claims.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, again this is in the weeds, but I thought that Clarence Thomas did a really good job. This is only something that's happened recently in our two hundred and fifty ish year history, and usually buck and again this is going into UIs This also the Ninth the Ninth Circuit is the most lunatic, left ranging, activist judicial circuit in the country, so that's where they started doing this. No surprise. Most Supreme Court cases come about because the circuit Court's ruled different directions. That is, as Buck just mentioned, the Ninth Circuit is like the West coast California prominent where I live. I am in the sixth Circuit. That's Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan. I think a couple of states like that. The Fifth Circuit is traditionally seen as one of the most conservative. That's Texas, Louisiana. I don't have this circuits in front of me right now. Usually the Supreme Court is called on to address circuit splits. That's where the ninth star in the Fifth Circuit may have had a different interpretation of the law. Those are the most fertile, the most germane for the Supreme Court to step in on because we need a nationwide decision and there are two different circuit courts ruling differently. Here you have one random judge and I don't know, Boston, Massachusetts, deciding what the law should be for the whole nation, or it could be one random judge in middle of nowhere, Texas. It is a direct attack upon the entire legitimacy of the courts to give a district court judge more power than his superiors on the Circuit and Supreme Court, and they can effectively order the entire federal government as though they run the federal government. I mean, yes, think there will be appeals, and yes they'll go to the Supreme Court, but for a period of time they get to be the legal emperor, if you will, of America. And this wasn't a problem really until they made it a problem, and they dated a problem by having these by these left wing judges. We all know how this works.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: They don't feel bound by the constraints of language or law or tradition or anything else. It's this is so so important that we have to smash the things that we used to rely on to keep us from doing this. And that's really a large part, I think a lot of the argument today. So, I mean, this is really this wasn't even about the merits of whether a birthright citizenship extends to those who are in the country illegally or not, although it could if it went against the administration terribly, the Supreme Court right could come down and say, you know what, we think, even just taking a peek at the merits, this is so bad that we're actually gonna uphold this universal injunction until we hear the merits on the case, and that would be a huge win for the non Trump side. The other side of this, I think clays right, they could issue guidance on the scope of the injunction specifically in this case. That would probably be the best thing you could get from the Supreme Court on this. But to me, I just sit here saying, Okay, eventually we're going to have to look at whether you can steal citizenship or not, because if citizenship can be given to people who have broken the law to get it, you have debased and de and I know it's been going on, and it has been wrong the whole time. You have debased and devalued what it means to be an American in a way that I think, unfortunately is irreparable. I agree one hundred percent with that. Here's the question for you, and we can debate it or discuss and when we come back, because I think it's one of the challenges the Court's going to be grappling with. How do you address all of the people who had citizenship for decades based on the belief that birthright citizenship did convey American city. Well, the EO makes this. The EO only affects those after the EO goes into effect. I get that, but I think there's going to be an equal protection argument on behalf of everybody else. They're going to say this is an arbitrary thing for president to be able to do under his executive authority. I agree that it should happen. Ship is inherently kind of arbitrary when you think about it. The whole thing totally, totally is. I mean, look, I think it's an interesting discussion because I think that's one of the challenges they're going to grapple with the most, is that all of a sudden anyway, we'll talk about it when we come back. Some opportunities are immediate, others take time to develop. Consider this. There are some very well informed people who really believe that our nation has an asset that could be worth as much as one hundred and fifty trillion dollars, and that asset has been buried under American soil and may well be the basis for creating such a fund. Just to give you an idea of the impact of this resource, it could pay off our national debt four times over. You might say this asset is hiding in plain sight. Time will tell if the Trump administration releases it to the public, but Jim Rickards, former advisor of the White House and Federal Reserve, says, if you're over fifty, this could be your best chance to build lasting wealth from a once in a century event. To hear more of Jim's thinking, go online to Birthright twenty twenty five dot com. If he's right, it could make President Trump the most popular presidents in history and help millions of investors retire wealthy. Go to birthright twenty twenty five dot com to get the details free of charge. That's Birthright twenty twenty five dot com, paid for by Paradigm Press.
Speaker 7: Stories are freedom stories of America, inspirational stories that you unite us all each day.
Speaker 1: Spend time with Clay and find.
Speaker 7: Them on the free iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: As you know, President Trump's on a huge trip through the Middle East. A lot going on there offered a pathway to normalcy with Syria after a long and horrific civil war in that country and US military operations there against Goddess all that stuff. Now, perhap, perhaps no guarantees there could be a better future for that country. He's got deal making happening with the Saudi's, deal making happening with the EU with Cutter and perhaps with Iran as well. That remains to be seen. Those details remain to be seen. But there's also Trump speaking to the troops in Cutters. You know, we have a very large military base there, and he decided that he was going to address them directly. I wanted to let you hear from some of this. We'll talk about how the military and recruitment and all that is going under the Trump administration as well. But this has cut eight. Trump sank some words to the troops.
Speaker 9: The real strength of our military doesn't come from it's fighter jets. It really comes from our people. That's you, comes from our people. Your unbelievable people, the aptitude and all of the things you have to do to do what you do. You know, I look at some of those engines, and I'm a pretty smart cookie.
Speaker 1: I would tell you I'm really supplied.
Speaker 9: And I look at you, and you take those engines apart and put them back together, blindfolded and fix them up. What you're able to do and then to fly them just incredible. You're incredible. You're a very special group of people. And that's why in my twenty twenty six budget includes across the board, maybe you don't want to look for the good of the country, you don't have to take it, pay raises for each and every one of you, substantial pay raising.
Speaker 1: Pay raise for the military clay. You know, recruitment already up substantially under the Trump administration and Secretary of Defense had heg sets Tenure. Turns out that the people that you want fighting your wars or preparing rather the defense of your nation in the event of war want actually the business of the Pentagon to be war fighting and the focus of it to be on war fighting and not a big social justice experiment and a bureaucracy where people just show up and it's not really clear what anybody's doing, no doubt. And I think again Trump's tour of the Middle East, it has a incredible impact already in terms of what Iran is reportedly willing to do. And also this comes on the heels buck. We got more data from April in the economy and I'm looking at this article from Axios Hard Data. This is the headline. Hard data suggest tariff driven inflation and recession fears may be overblown. You mentioned earlier the S and P five hundred back near six thousand, now over fifty nine hundred, and it says new data out Thursday showed steady retail sales and a surprising drop in wholesale prices in April, such that there is no evidence that the tariffs are leading to massive increases in cost of goods. In fact, the Producer Price indexed showed that prices actually fell in April, and the cost of goods overall is flat in many ways. And I mentioned buck the price of gas, which no one is talking. Isn't it kind of crazy that all of the headlines we saw about what eggs cost. And I don't know what percentage of you buy eggs weekly, maybe all I don't know, but I know most of you buy gas weekly. And I know most of you. When you gauge what things cost, you don't look necessarily at one product. When you go to the grocery store, you buy whatever your usual groceries are, and then the price comes up and you're like, boy, that's been a lot more than I expected. Gas is really easy. Remember when people started putting that I did that picture of Joe Biden next to the gas gauges, little stickers you would see all over the place. I saw them all over my neighborhood. Those prices are down fifty percent since Joe Biden was in office. They're approaching the lowes that were set when Trump was in office. I mean, you just played that clip from the Middle East. Well, you know what happens when you have good relations with people in the Middle East, They put more oil and gas they actually want instead of they have a cartel they can control, basically to a large extent, what the price of gas is. Opek opex pretty powerful, and right now they're like, hey, we're well, you know, we have a good relationship with the United States. We're fine with producing a lot of oil and gas. It also is cutting the economic engine out of Russia when prices for oil and gas in Iran, which they sell on the black market to a large extent, when overall prices are low, the fact that you can get cheaper oil and gas from Russia and Iran because they're having to sell them on the black market, it means that the money that is pouring into those countries is declining. It should be a massive story. What price we're getting for gallons of gas? Right now? Almost no one's writing or talking about it. And if you really are concerned about the war in Ukraine, do you know one of the best things we could do to cut economic engine in the economic power of rush away? Lower gas prices. Do you know the best thing we could do to delegitimize the powers of the Ayatola in Iran? Lower gas prices. It's a huge friggin story. Google it. Hardly anybody's talking about it. But the price of eggs, Oh my goodness, we got to know every We gotta know how much your scrambled eggs cost. It's really goes to what stories are focused on. And I'm telling you yesterday, when I saw two sixty five gallon of gas in South Nashville, I bought over the weekend. I think it was two eighty seven. Prices keep coming down, Buck, This is where most people, normal people judge the economy based on what they have to pay to fill their gas tank up. That's just the reality. There's something else that I think Trump instinctively knows and has known his whole life and has lived his whole life, which is that the American economy is the single greatest wealth generation machine ever devised in the history of existence. Okay, nothing has ever been anywhere near what America has been for let's say, certainly the last one hundred and you know something years. Okay, America has been an incredible wealth generation machine. If it is allowed to continue to do what it does, it will also continue to make all of us wealthier. And I mean that, every single one of us as a people. It means, you know, this is when you start to look at what was the access to If you look at somebody in the nineteen fifties who was really rich, and look at somebody today, Okay, I mean your access to much better healthcare, much better food, much better entertainment, much more comfortable everything. I mean, we are all wealthier. Actually, this is what people get very much into. And Naval Ravakan who's a thinker that I sometimes cite on the show, does a very good job of explaining this. We get into status a lot of the time. Wealth and status are not the same thing. Right. You can talk about everybody getting wealthier in a country, and there may be people who still say no, no, no, And it's because they don't think that they have more than the people they want to have more then, but that's not the same thing I think Trump understands. So that's the status versus wealth paradigm. We all have actually gotten wealthier as a nation. I'm talking about now over one hundred year. Yeah, recently there's been some or you know, there have been years. You look at two thousand and eight, things have turned a bit. But as long as we don't mess up this amazing thing called the American economy too badly, it's going to continue to do what it does, which is create a wealthier and a more prosperous America all the time. Democrats are always so focused play on hyper regulating it and dividing the spoils within it and finding ways to carve up the pie. They don't even stop to think, this pie is getting bigger every year. Yes, let's how do we make this How do we keep this pie growing and getting bigger all the time with again the Democrat mindset, because it's about equality. In their minds, it's about status and if I don't if I feel like there are too many people who have This is why Bernie Sanders goes around. Billionaires have no impact on ninety nine point nine percent of Americans day to day lives. Okay, it doesn't matter that there are a thousand billionaires or something like that in this country, but it's a fun way to divert people from Hey, what are you actually paying in taxes in your state? How good is your healthcare that you're being forced to because of regulations? What's actually happening with inflation chipping away at your savings? Like those are real things that affect you. Your analogy on the pie is actually the way that I see the country. I didn't like living on the East Coast because it felt to me like everybody was like, there's only twelve slices. We're gonna have to fight you to see who can get the most slices. Like the East Coast, I would argue, of all the parts of the United States, is the most focused and status conscious. You getting something means somebody else will loses something. Best case scenario West Coast used to be before they destroyed it. Hey, let's build a brand new pie that's way bigger, right, like the brand new technology. It's not old school. Europe is the worst you with your pie analogy South is like, hey, do you want to share you know, it's like people are just really friendly. They're not necessarily as as status obsessed. But what you hit on is so important because because we all live this is a great stat and I think it's still true. The poorest twenty percent of Americans would be the richest people in almost every country in the world. And one of my favorite stats. I think you may have shared it for the first time. England is poorer than Mississippi. Yep, per capita. Yeah, and that's a holy crab moment if you've been to London. I'm not saying there's not a lot of rich people, but for a long time people dump on Mississippi. It's great state, by the way, a lot of great people, but they would say, oh, it's and I think it's still Mississippi as the poorest average per capita in the United States. It's richer than Great Britain. And that speaks to the wealth overall of the United States, that even our poorest state is wealthier than a huge European country on average. Yes, well, this is also why you know we have and this is maybe transitions a little bit of the RFK discussion. We have become a society where the challenge binges of and the diseases of abundance are far more of a problem than diseases of scarcity. Whether it's eating way too much and obesity and the health challenges from that, that's obviously an overabundance issue. I mean it is. You know, we're talking about the grocery store thing yesterday, and maybe this just makes me sound like I don't know how many of her watched Perfect Strangers, but I sound like Balkie Bartakamus, who is the h I think it's supposed to be like a Greek immigrant or something, and he'says like, oh, what the you know, amazing country. But I walk into the grocery stores around here, Clay, It's just like a vast reservoir of food. It's unbelievable how much produce and food Americans have access to. And we don't even think twice. And I've been you know, you've been in places too. I mean, you go to the Caribbean. Caribbean's poor. A lot of parts in the Caribbean are poor. I live there. There are some Yeah, that's what I mean. But I'm saying, you know it's truly poor, right, I mean, you know, Haiti's one of the poorest countries on the planet. You go around here, you just take all of this stuff, all this stuff for granted a lot of the time. And I just think that with Trump, what you have is somebody whose focus is letting the greatest wealth generation machine in human history, which there is no argument that America is that thing, letting it just do its thing like ride this, ride this show horse all the way to the finish line. With Democrats, they sit around and they have committees about like, well, what about the other horses, Like how are they going to feel? Like what about the you know, No, let's let the American economy and it's a little bit of a Calvin coolidest thing. Let the business of the American people be business. And I just think that you're seeing the early stages of that. And it doesn't have we don't have to have the sclerotic bureaucracy that is choking off so much wealth generation creativity. And and when you start to think about this country versus other countries, I mean you just look at GDP per capita wealth Clay. You know, China we think of as our nearest editor. I think Chinese GDP per capit is like a third of ours. I'm going off top of my head here, but I mean it's a fraction of what. But not only that, what they find is it's very hard to take the proverbial next step to actually challenge us, because this goes back to historically Japan was going to pass us if you looked at all the projections China's peaked. I think China's already begun to decline. And that's what can make them a little bit scary right now because sometimes, as we know historically, it's not when you peak that your power is at most. It's when you start to lose power that sometimes you overreach, which could happen with Taiwan. Things like I just think everyone should always be very cautious about listening to the catastrophists and the the high priests of resentment because that again, that gets you back into that status. This is what Marxists do. This is how communism gets going. You know. It's as long as they they they're making the right people miserable, they can make you miserable too. It's kind of the way that you know, overregulated, over controlled the economy's function. And Trump takes the approach of how do we do what is going to be best for the most every you know, one hundred times out of one hundred. The way to do this is to try to actually grow the American economy and we will all get richer. And there are a lot of ways we can even look at this ourselves. But I just think that the catastrophism stuff is it's so yeah, we have to watch the debt. That's when we can't. We can't just let this machine get destroyed. But it actually works. That's my fundamental thing. Like Trump knows that it works. If you live in a house, you know it already. Roof collects a lot of rain, and a perfect world, all that rain runs right out of the gutters. But we don't live in a perfect world. Your gutters get clogged. Mine get clogged with whiffleballs, footballs, even occasionally the little nerf ones. All different sorts of stuff can get stuck in your gutters. And when rainstorms come, suddenly you found out. I found out that you don't have the clean gutter that you thought to. Maybe you start to get a little bit of a flood in your roof, Maybe you start to have all sorts of issues. Why not get that taken care of forever with leaf Filter. Right now you can get thirty percent off with leaffilter dot com. Gutter clogs aren't just a nuisance. They can cause extensive water damage. Let leaf Filter take care of you. They'll clean out, realigned seal your gutters before they install lee Filter's award winning patented technology. This is America's number one gutter protection system. Schedule your free inspection and get up to thirty percent off your entire purchase at leaffilter dot com slash Clay and Buck. That's l eaf filter dot com slash Clay and Buck. See the representative for warranty details. News and politics, but also a little comic relief. Clay Travis and Buck Sexton.
Speaker 3: Find them on the free iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts