Speaker 1: The volume. Get in on the action with Draftking Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. New customers who deposit five dollars or more can get no sweat bet up to one thousand dollars back in bonus beds. Download the Draft King Sportsbook app now and use Cold Shannon. New customers can get a no sweat bet up to one thousand dollars if your first bet loses. Only own Draftking Sportsbook with Cold Shannon. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill, Casino and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario. One no sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus betsic Inspire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuings see dkg dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: O Joe, we had this conversation, and I said, that is why I believe he's leaving. Coach Saban concerned a lot of what we were talking about earlier. When he first came out that he was retired. Nick Saban says nil money and transfer portal influenced his retirement. Saban says, I thought we could have had a hell of a team next year and then maybe seventy to eighty percent of the players that you talk to and all they want to know are two things. What's in assurances do I have that I'm going to play because they're thinking about transferring? And how much money are you going to pay me? Sabing questioned whether the new goal for college football players might be to is make as much money in college as possible and said that wasn't necessarily wrong. I'm not saying it's a bad I'm not saying that's bad, but it wasn't what propelled his team to success over the years. The way he sees it, the driver has always been personal developed, academic achievement and preparing for the NFL.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean, I mean I told you, I told you when that when it first came out, when he said he was gonna retire or there were rumblings of him going to retire. You can't compete now it evens the playing field now that Nils coming to play m and let's say there was nil before just nobody talked about it. Yeah, nobody said that. Everything was done under the table when everybody want to do everybody want to go play. Everyone want to go play.
Speaker 1: At Alabama because you're gonna challenge your charge out of the deal. That guy's driving Lamboles and ferrari Ay.
Speaker 3: So again, what comes into play now for me? Coach Saban, I believe in your coaching. I believe in your system. You should believe in your players. Don't walk away from the game now now that the playing field is even m Why do that?
Speaker 1: We don't do that because at the NFL, at the NFL level, everybody gets to check each week, don't they right, But you still got to coach up and getting boys.
Speaker 3: Prepared to play every Saturday. It's the same thing.
Speaker 1: But you see, it's different.
Speaker 3: Now, Okay, you're not getting the best players.
Speaker 1: See that's the problem. But see here's the thing. In college, you always the coach always had the authority because the college coach made double made way more well. The players weren't supposed to be making anything, but they're making money. See in the NFL, you can't talk to a player in the NFL like you count a seventeen eighteen year old kid. That's a grown ass man. A lot of times he's married with kids, So you can't mofo him like you cant a college kid. You see, a college kid is trying to get to where the NFL player already is. So what you're gonna do threatening he already in the NFL, what you're gonna say bad things about it? I'm already here. See college kids, they're like, man, he might say something bad about me. He might the scout come. He might say I'm difficult to work with. And see that's the label I get that. You know what I'm saying. The thing on me, Shannon's difficult to work with. And I have a meeting today. I'm not gonna get too much in it. I say, you know what if I say I'm worth one hundred dollars and somebody trying to pay me twenty you Damn right, I'm difficult to work with because I ain't taking that bullge eye right right, So that's see, that's the way they turn it. I say, well, I think I'm worth this, Well, we'll pay you this. Nah, I'm good. Well, he's kind of difficult to work with. Oh really, because I won't take your low ball off. I'm difficult to work with, right. You see how they put that. You see how they can spend it and make you look bad. Damn well, damn, I ain't really hurt nobody else, and you don't put you and they don't put too much thought it of that. But damn, ain't nobody else ever said Shannam was difficult to work with. I ain't never you know, only played fourteen years in the league in Baltimore and never never say anything because old job and seebs never said anything. I've never heard anybody say anything bound about.
Speaker 3: It yet, right right right? Oh, they you know they always gonna lowball you.
Speaker 1: Now, but the college coaches, right who you think they're gonna ask, They're gonna come up, hey, oh you a college coach? Okay, coach Johnson, what's what's uh? What's up? Sharp? Like? I mean, he's a good player. Now, yeah, he's not the hardest worker. You know, if I can, if I make sure I keep him, keep him eligible. You see all the time, come a damn when coach, when scouts would come, hey, Bill, what's that? What's that? Sharp? Boy? I'll be saying to the office. Because I worked in Coach Davison's office, they didn't know. They didn't know that was me that was asking about what's that? Uh, what's that shop? What's that? Sharp? Feller? Like Coach David said, tapes on the desk. Hell, you ain't gonna believe anything I tell you anyway. That's how didn't do it. So so the players, now, okay, what you got for your boy, it ain't good enough, Oh Joe, it ain't good enough? Now, right to give me five thousand? Can you build mama house? Could see back in the day they got what things was really bad. They told the story one time of what Chip banks the great lineback out of Augusta, Georgia. He ended up playing at USC and they told the stories. I don't know if it's true or not. They said that his mom needed a refrigerator in the washing dryer, right, But the school that brought the refrigerator in the washing dryer, he didn't go there. They said, well, why didn't he go to the school that brought his mom a Washington dry and the refrigerator? He said, the other school built a house around it. So now, in I am that's probably fabrication. But you see, Oh Joe, somebody gonna give me a million dollars. You're gonna give me twenty thousand. Where you think I'm going broke? My family ain't got bread like that? Right?
Speaker 3: And you know, we talked about Alabama, right, We talked about Alabama. Alabama has the system, the boosters, and the money to continue to compete. Yeah, like going on, not like Texas, not like usc Texas got all money, right, Okay, I see you're going with that.
Speaker 1: They got they they can't compete like that. But here's the thing, Oh Joe, Okay, you could compete, but you're gonna give me three fifty. He gonna give me seven fifty. Where you going on, Joe? You're a seventeen eighteen year old kid.
Speaker 3: Mmm? It makes sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know if if I was a five star coming out and I got a choice. Yeah, I'm going to the hospital because I'm getting my grandma. I'm getting my family out of this bull job situation. Right. Ain't no more spam, Ain't no more delling me, Ain't no more buying the sausages. No, hell no, ain't no more wish sand which just got two preeze of bread. Damn, I wish you had some meat in here. You close them up? Oh hell no, no, no, we about to eat good, right, Hey, graded ain't no more cleaning no houses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I just I mean, I I just just running running from it, running from it like that and just quitting and folding. One of the greatest coaches of all time.
Speaker 1: He the greatest college coach.
Speaker 3: The greatest coach of the greatest college coach of all time.
Speaker 1: The two think about it, oh yo, the two greatest college coaches all time, both coached at the same school, Coach Briant and coach Saban. They got thirteen champions well, they got twelve between the two of them. Coach Saban won one of the others U but they got twelve national championship just between two coaches.
Speaker 3: And that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Coach Saban lost in the title game twice, and he lost in the college football playoffs another two or three times, So theoretically Man could have ten eleven championship easy. I mean, he lost one on the final second. DeShawn beat him on the final player of the game.
Speaker 3: Damn. I mean, I mean, I understand him. He don't want to compete with the nil. But again, you're still agree you still are the greatest coach of all time. I would have rolled it out. I would have wrote it out. I'm gonna show y'all, I'm gonna show y'all why I'm the greatest coach of all time, because even with the Nils in place, even with players choosing to go to other schools, were still gonna get the motherfucking job done, because goddamn it, bitch roll time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But the thing is, o Joe, you could only keep losing so many guys. Think about how many guys. Them guys ain't nobody to staying till this senior year. Them redshirt five bore than them juniors. They gone right, the Calvin really, the Julios, the Jared Judy, the Rugs, the Wattle, they gone right right, leave them running back. And the thing was, Ojoe, you got to get on because it ain't no guarantee you're gonna have that job cause them young boys homery.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, them.
Speaker 1: Young boys homery. You got to get up out of there cause I still another year got beat me out there is my opportunity.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Them dts that he was rolling with, the Quinn Williams and the Allens, Yeah they gone. The DB's gone.
Speaker 3: The funny thing it used to be when all them boys left, it was something coming up right behind them too. Yes, every time, Yes, every time, it was always something coming up right behind him.
Speaker 1: I want you know what. But here's the thing the O yoe coach Saban could say, the one I can guarantee you three things. You're gonna play for a SCC title, you're gonna play for a national you're gonna play, you're gonna win, you're gonna play for the SCC title. You're gonna play for a national championship. I'm gonna guarantee you though, and I get you to that. I'm gonna get you to the lead. They say, now that ain't good enough. I need you to guarantee me one to two million dollars and can we still play for that? Because it's like, oh, Joe, if I go to school the way I looked at it when I went to Savannah State. Hell, if I'm here for four years, I might as who all graduate get my degree? They say, was Okay. If I gotta come here and I'm gonna want to go to the NFL, I might as well make as much money as I can while I'm here, Right, So what's the problem with you? If I got to stay three years, I go ahead and make me three four million dollars to get up out of here. That good money, Mama, straight. I don't know what's gonna happen in the NFL, right, but I know I already got three four million. I ain't mad at the kids get that money. Think about how many kids? How many man? College has been running a racket for the longest time. See college. The difference between all you know what college is, it's the farm system for the NFL. Yeah, that's all it is. See the minor league. See the minor league is the baseball farm system. That's the baseball farm system. College is football and basketball. Call farm system. I get a look at Joe, Joe get looking for three four years.
Speaker 3: Right against the best competition depending on where you go to school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so now that he plays, now that you guys like, nah, I gotta get this he kid, he he kil be a three four five sixty five million dollars five million dollars eighteen year old.
Speaker 3: Oh yo, every everybody, not all of them. Now, then you know that is command that top dollar. You gotta be that boy. You gotta be that boy. We took about coming in coming into a college.
Speaker 1: Even if you ain that boy, if you O Joe, these kids transferred, they already getting a hundred fifty thousand to two hundred. Think about it, you seventeen eighteen years old, what O Joel did with one hundred and fifty twenty thousand. Man, we was happy to get thir I was happy. My grandma sent me five to twenty dollars. Can you imagine one hundred and fifty thousand?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, times are different.
Speaker 1: I kept me about four to five of the things. I kept me four five of Ah, yeah, baby bad please o jo Mike Tyson had set to fight Jake Paul in a boxing mat at at and T Stadium in July. The main event car will take place July twentieth. Own that lick. Jake Paul has a professional record of ninety one, which includes six knockouts. His most recent recent fight was the first round TK or Ryan Borland last Saturday in Puerto Rico. Tyson, who turned fifty eight in June, would turn fifty eight in June, won fifty total fights in his career, forty four coming beil knockout. He last fall in the exhibition against Roy Jones in twenty twenty, which ended in a draw. Who you taking? What you mean?
Speaker 3: Who I'm taking?
Speaker 1: You got? Jac Or Tyson? Who you got? I asked you?
Speaker 3: I know, I want to know who you got?
Speaker 1: Oh tr bad? Who you got? You got?
Speaker 3: Jake Paul say that I'm just I got Mike?
Speaker 1: Who you got? You think it's go go the distance?
Speaker 3: I don't know. They're probably doing eight rounds, right.
Speaker 1: No, I think they're better. I don't think Michael. I don't think Michael. Mike.
Speaker 3: He gonna be like what you call him, Mike gonna be like here it Roy. Mike ain't gonna turn up. No, he'll do he can't turn up. Listen even a have you seen Mike hit the Mitz? There's footage right, there's footage from last year or maybe when he was fifty seven. It no matter how old it was. I've seen Mike hit the Mitz. Yeah, the power ain't went nowhere. The power ain't went nowhere. No, no, no, no, I don't think he will. I don't think he's going to turn up.
Speaker 1: No, he can't.
Speaker 3: Because of the ring experience that Mike Tyson has. If he was a turn up and approach the fight as if it's one of his fights when he's in his twenties, his thirties, even his forties, that can be very, very overwhelming for someone that's even been doing it as long as Jake Paul has, who's taking this shit really serious right, What he's done for the sport of boxing, to me is commendable. Many might laugh about it, many might say it's it's a shame what he's done. He's done a good thing for the sport of boxing.
Speaker 1: He has.
Speaker 3: He's made it exciting. He's made for those that actually like it, because it's hard for those in the actual boxing world, for us to get the fights that we want to see don't want to fight.
Speaker 1: O Joe, If I let me ask you a question, O Joe, sir, if you could make twenty five million fighting somebody you can know you could beat. Right, would you rather take fight for a championship title and make ten million or take twenty five million to know somebody you could.
Speaker 3: Beat twenty five of course, thank you, that's what that's what they do. All come down to some of the best, some of the best fighters are not able to get the fights that we want to see because it's low it's high rich low reward.
Speaker 1: Thank you, high rich low reward is from on them, from the money in. But again this and not all fight a dangerous guy. You want me to find a dangerous guy. Oh, very very dangerous, very dangerous. That's why here that I feel very comfortable and not to fight. Anything can happen. But I feel if I met my best that night, I got a ninety percent chance of Oh I'm taking that twenty five million. I ain't fighting him. I like, I like.
Speaker 3: I like what Jake has done. He's been in the ring with some some some competition, but none to the likes of what Mike has been.
Speaker 1: Nothing. He's retired, but he still got stilled.
Speaker 3: Listen, even at fifty seven, even at fifty eight. If you watch Mike train, you already know that's hell to deal with, even for a younger Jake, even for a young Jake who is who is very polished now and he's been doing it for a long time and taking it extremely serious.
Speaker 1: I could have Mike hits you with the upper cut and hit you like rocking socking robot. Remember rocking socking robot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know, you know what the scary part is. The scary part is for me, for Jake. Jake has to be able to fight on the inside, because where Mike don't.
Speaker 1: On the inside.
Speaker 3: You watch you, you don't have a choice. Mike fights. Mike don't fight from a distance. Mike fights on the inside. Oh you're gonna jab the whole time.
Speaker 1: I got to keep him up off me. And what's the one thing Mike already do hands right here and coming in coming in here, coming in coming in and you know he goes he gonna do what he's gonna do. One thing. Goddamn that got this.
Speaker 3: And coming up to man.
Speaker 1: Listen, all right, listen, Rago double town, Listen. I love Jake.
Speaker 3: You just got to be able to keep your distance, keep that job out there. And if Mike, I know, I'm I guarantee you. I don't think Mike is gonna do it. I don't think Mike's gonna apply pressure. If he applies pressure and he approaches this fight like if he's in his twenties or his thirties, it can be overwhelming.
Speaker 1: No, he ain't gonna do that.
Speaker 3: It could be overwhelming. I'm excited. I'm excited for Jake Man, I'm excited. I'm excited for Jake hell Ship. Matter of fact, this this would be perfect. It's to be proper opportunity for me to get back in the ring too.
Speaker 1: Man. Me and Andre Ward Man, I've I've been calling that war for about a year. That man, man, look at what you think. You call him on the phone and say you sorry, man, knock your ass out. I need you for next year.
Speaker 3: Noah, I'm just knock who out?
Speaker 1: Man? Are and Ward? Hehit you? Catch you one time and next thing you know, we're at Super Bowl sixty.
Speaker 3: Now. I'm good, I'm ready, I'm ready. I'm ready. I'm ready. Man, who's sad?
Speaker 1: A professional?
Speaker 3: I'm a professional. You talking about your professional bull driving, riving. One thing is one thing you can't play, and that's boxing.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you can't. You know you can't play a contact for it.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, no no, you can't. You can't. I respect them boys, I.
Speaker 1: Love you now. Ain't no play fighting.
Speaker 3: No, ain't none of that. I said. This is this is my official call out. Andre. If you want this smoke, let me know. We can get on that undercard. Huh No like like like Fred Samper used to say.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be on there, You're gonna be with the Undertaker. Huh, You're gonna be with the Undertaker.
Speaker 3: That's fine. I'm gonna get in there and do what other people don't want to do. I'm gonna actually fight everybody. Don't nobody want to fight. I want to fight.
Speaker 1: You gonna get in you do realize to throw punches. You open yourself up to take shots, right.
Speaker 3: That's fine, that's fine.
Speaker 1: You ever seen somebody like this. Hey, I'm as long as I'm gonna keep the phone right here, that's all that matter. Okay, I'm gonna stay on the phone. I'm gonna stay on the phone every time. I'm gonna let you got you gotta take the elbow in because you're gonna make your.
Speaker 3: It's tucked in. I gotta protect my ribs now.
Speaker 1: Exactly. I gotta protect my ribs. Yeah, I'm ready, I'm ready. Matter of fact, it's probably gonna happen me versus war. You're gonna be ring sad. You're gonna be ring sad.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, my trunks don't say nightcap.
Speaker 1: And you know what I'm gonna do. I would have me a big ass a white beach towel because I gotta feel I have to throw that big old in.
Speaker 3: Trust me, trust me, you not trust me? You not?
Speaker 1: Oh lord, that person? Trust me? You not?
Speaker 3: This worked baby, Drake, Dred, I know you're gonna see this, Dre getting that thing and thump what to get the people what.
Speaker 1: They won't No, we don't want that. We don't want to see you get hurt. I ain't gonna get h I ain't gonna get hurt. I got this, man, you gotta have. You gotta believe in me. Man you're talking about get hurt.
Speaker 3: I'm doing this at rock.
Speaker 1: Caret tell you from living from metal? No, but but I got him.
Speaker 3: That'll be fun. Dre, I know you're gonna see this, Dre. I love you, baby.
Speaker 1: Oh y'all. All, I asked if you go back in the ring, don't end up like Nate Robinson. That's no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: Ship. Listen, I got I got knocked down my last fight and got right.
Speaker 1: He got knocked out and stayed down. Ain't no problem get knocked out of getting up. You can't get planned. You can't get faith planned.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no no no no no no no. And then you know it's bad. You know it's bad about our last fight. What actually not bad? It's good. I went in there with two weeks of training.
Speaker 1: You've got a good punsure. O Joe, you got it? You talk you died.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, listen, man, I was in that thing, throwing them things. Why you heard me? I was throwing them things. I got tired of that fourth round? Or hey, it ain't no hey, it ain't no time out, ain't no nothing.
Speaker 1: Your mom's getting heavy. But who are you telling me?
Speaker 3: Why do you think my mom's by my side?
Speaker 1: Two weeks I said, I jumped in that two weeks imaginef I get imagine if I get three months of training?
Speaker 3: There she your voice special now.
Speaker 1: Devin Booker to be finured to be featured in Call of Duty Duty Modern Warfare three. What video game would you want to be an O Joe Baseball E ain't f C of course, and listen, Devin book is not the first one.
Speaker 3: Kevin Durant. I was playing with Kevin Durant as well. Kevin Durant was in there. I think maybe three or four seas ago. I used to run with Kevin Durant. But the goddamn skin he too, God damn tall.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I was the easy target on call of duty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. I want to be in Grand Theft Auto.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't play Grand Theft Auto, but Grand Theft Auto was good.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I sit there when I stream, I always watch Sauce Sauce Guarden and Chase all them. Boy, they be playing Grand Theft Auto. I don't understand what's the concept on Grand thet Hey. I just want to be the bad guy, pick up a couple of girls and have the shootout.
Speaker 1: That's all I do. I just feel one time where the dude picked up the chick picked up the prostitute, I had to shoot out with the car. Yeah, hey, slue boy, that's all I want to do. I bet learn how to start playing.
Speaker 3: See. I never understood Grand Theft Allo. I just see people driving around. All the times I have watched Chasing, watching Jamar Chasing and Saust play, I ain't see one shootout. They always going to buy something or they all sitting in the talking.
Speaker 1: Hell no, I want to shoot out. I want to get into it. I want to talking. It ain't no talking. I'm coming out. Y'all already know I'm coming. I'm coming to steal something, robbing the bank, be your store, liquor store. I'm robbing something. I'm like, DNZ, I'm leaving with something. Hey, I ain't going away. I ain't going away. You have to hand it. So no, hell no, that's what I want to be.
Speaker 3: Grab that what that dand G G T A six now, I don't even know what.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what the six six? They don five six coming out next year. Put your boy in that thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need I want. I want to e a s C if I could be on you gotta be in the soccer game, all right?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Speaking of speaking of cars, dude, you know Nicki Minaj on there is she? Yeah, Nicki Minaj got his skin is all. She's all pink with the pink hair.
Speaker 1: What's the well I don't understand so so, so I didn't call it card. So let me ask you a question. So, what's the objective? And cord, Yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Depends on what you play. They have different games.
Speaker 1: You can play.
Speaker 3: You can play quad, you can play it could be four people. And obviously you know you you land out the plane, you run you when you land, you get as as much guns and stuff you need. You team up with people. You can buy ua vs to find out where people are. You have scal you scavengers, you have you have bounties. There's so many different things you can do, and you got to eliminate the other teams until and the map shrinks. It shrinks little by little, and you want to be the last man standing. Basically, well, if you're a team, how there you're gonna be last man. You want your team to be last. Your team be the last man standing. I said last man stand because I always play solos. Okay, yeah, it's fun. It's fun. Have you ever won I won a few? I want a few. I play rank, so it's a little difficult when I play ranked, but I want a few.
Speaker 1: Why Why is it difficult? If you like that, because.
Speaker 3: There's some pros and some people that have been doing this since they were four years old. When you play ranked and they they're good. Now I'm not gonna see him lie now, FIFA. Now we talk about EFC, I'm the best in the world. I'm the greatest. I'm the greatest EFC player in the world. And that's a fact. And that go for anybody in the chat. Anybody in the chat that plays EFC. Want they asked for let me know.
Speaker 1: Nellie says his era music was the toughest era of hip hop. Ever, he claimed that it was much harder to sell records of the rapper back then when he was first coming out that at all other times in a genre's history. My music era was the toughest in the hip hop. Well, when I put out songs, I had to go against DM mag jay Z, Emminem, Lil Wayne, fifty Luder, all of us fighting for one spot.
Speaker 3: He that's a fact. That's a fact. Yeah too, man.
Speaker 1: Listen, did you think Kanye in that mixed Kanye fifty jay Z, Yeah, m D M low way hold on.
Speaker 3: Remember when DMX had the concert I think was it in Africa? You remember that he got on the red overalls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it looked like it looked like the whole goddamn world was out there. Yep.
Speaker 3: Man, during that era was very difficult to sell. It was very difficult to sell. But I think the good thing for Nelly is is his sound. Yeah, the sound of his music was its own. So I think that's why he was able to succeed during that time. Man who ran that area? You think fifty cent might have ran that era? Huh fifty fifty and j oh Man, am am want nothing to play with Yeah, am want nothing to play with that listen. Fifty had a run though, manify he had a run back then.
Speaker 1: Man, I mean DMX was like the ninety it's bled into the two thousands, into the two the yeah, am corner of the market. M corner the market in two thousand.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. So you know his music, I don't even think today Eminem's music from back then. He would get canceled for some of the things he wrapped.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. You have to obviously you have to like today. I mean even John Rule was in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah yah yeah, yeah, jo y'all had some hits. Y'all had some hits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, obviously everything oh Joe, all the stuff. If you go back, go back and look at sitcoms may Archie Bucket. They said the N word? Did they say the N word? He are not no A G G A Oh yeah, yeah are big time. Yeah, they said all kind of stuff back there. Man, Hey, you say that one time on TV? Now you gone that ain't coming on no more.
Speaker 3: Listen. I think people need to go back and chat. If you if chat, I needed to do me a favor. Speaking of that, go back and watch All in the Family. Yeah, go back and watch All in the Family. But a Pacific episode, a Pacific episode when Sammy Davis Jr. Was on there, And I want you to see how TV was back then.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't have to live through it, man, listen, or you'd be like, what the hell they used to let this air today?
Speaker 1: Yes, so I canceled, did Jeffersons George Jefferson saying whatever came whatever came up came out?
Speaker 3: Uh huh oh listen. And the funny thing about it is t TV. I hate to say this, but it was very it was very interesting. It was very entertaining back then. Yeah, it was very very entertaining back then, very entertaining.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, Joe, what which is the best piece of the brownie. There's a picture going viral of people selecting their designed brownie brownie piece.
Speaker 3: Now, it depends it depends on who cooked the god damn brownie, because it depends on who cooked whoever cooked the brownie. As long as they don't burn the ends or the corners. Yeah, the corners in the middle is the best. The corners in the middle is the best.
Speaker 1: That's what. Now I'm not I'm probably eaten. I've probably eaten in the last fifteen to twenty years, probably two brownie. I've had one in the last seven months. Real, I'm not a brownies got brownie and cupcakes. Yeah, I mean when I was when I was in middle in the elementary and middle school, like middle mainly elementary school such as such, Boston brown is no damn brownie right right, hill slice of cake.
Speaker 3: Listen the middle if if if someone that knows how to bake and they don't burn the edges and the edges aren't hard, man, the corner in the middle is to dive for.
Speaker 1: I'm the middle guy. I just said.
Speaker 3: I just heard you say cupcakes. I don't know where you in LA, so I know y'all have y'all have routs. But here in Miami, yeah, we have publics. Publics has the best cupcakes on. I don't know what they put in them, goddamn cup they so goddamn good.
Speaker 1: No, Public's got that fried chicken. You haven't had problems fried chicken? You know about what you know about public wings in that mack of cheese? What you know about public chicken? Man?
Speaker 3: You know, I'm from the south, right, Hey, well, I listen something about the chicken from Publics.
Speaker 1: Hey, I don't know what now now, I don't know what they find that chicken is, y'all. If y'all from this, they got Publics out here, I think Publics might be so y'all got Vaughn's and rals, Yeah, and Gilson's who Gilsons?
Speaker 3: That must be something new.
Speaker 1: No, but but that Hey, but that public chicken? Yeah, the wings? Yeah? Hey, And I want to say, hot, how love y'all? And they say, well, we just dropped it. We just dropped the back. So it's gonna take about. Don't worry about that. I'm right here. I just go walk. I'm mosey around the oles and stuff.
Speaker 3: You gonna wait, you're gonna wait on I want to think.
Speaker 1: I want them coming out. I want coming out the gree They take that machet, that thing, bring them up out of that thing. They bring them up and fit that thing over the top. Let that grease chimp up out of it. I don't know that too much. I go without them in that style for fo wing. So I'm like I said, if I were to eat brownies, and I'm not a brownies guy, right, I want the middle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the middle is good, man, But them goddamn corners, them corners for someone that knows how to bake the right way, them corners special special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah yeah. Man, ain't nothing man, A woman that can cook get all my little bit of money.
Speaker 3: The funny, the fun funny thing about it is cooking is really not a prerequisite of mine.
Speaker 1: I could care less a preregular mind. But man I had I didn't even know if you cook.
Speaker 3: Just being able to do it is cool.
Speaker 1: I was. I was sleep all right, damn you.
Speaker 3: She didn't even tell you she.
Speaker 1: Was gonna cook. No, okay, I come downstairs. You got you making pancakes.
Speaker 3: And walls and bacon and come on now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she missed right having me around here, bowhowl, fat man, I said, Nah, you gotta go cook some old meal. She's I got not getting up and oat meal? Oh Joe checking out? Nice time for the fan favorite. This is called nightcap after dark. Hello. Uh. Study says Americans are having sex to save on heating bills, amil the surging utility costs a minute, y'all? Just nasty, y'all just doing that? That ain't because no bills.
Speaker 3: Bring bring that to me again.
Speaker 1: Americans are having more sex to save on heating bills and men surging utility calls? So are they?
Speaker 3: Are they saying you're having sex so you don't have to turn the heat on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you trying to heat.
Speaker 3: That don't make no sense?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah, you brought me as pricing you that printion. You're making heat? Oh Joe, damn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but shoe sex don't even last that long now, two three minutes, ain't nothing gonna be hot?
Speaker 1: Hey, just the bad you turn them too? Rpm. Oh okay, So you're saying like sex at ninety an hour? Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, I'll be talking. I be talking now. You're making a little sense to me. We I mean we in Miami.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's already hot, it's already I'm assuming maybe open. Yeah, this might be for the stakes where it's cold, it must be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it don't matter to me. I'll turn them a PM like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm still trying to wrap you.
Speaker 1: Un Ojoe, you ain't gotta run. You ain't gotta run him out. You can run in place and break a sweat.
Speaker 3: Right right, Shit, I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't do no. I can't do no running more hills. Don't let me run like I used to. Joe. Yeah, man, I ain't. I actually I hadn't. I hadn't run probably about fifteen years.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, wait, can you if you had to run? Let's say you you out somewhere and you know, when you see one black person run, Yeah, we don't ask no questions. We all start running.
Speaker 1: Will you be able to get out the way? I will walk briskly, so you don't even know if you could run? For real. I try to boyd places where I might potentially have to run. I probably could, Oh Joe, boy, I got a bad my knee bad cause you know my left leg. You know I'm bowt legging in that leg. So my knee I'm kind of like bone on bone in that knee. Ah. I got that from my grandma. My grandma was like, my grandma was like that same leg and everything.
Speaker 3: Does it bother you? Does it bother you? The bone on bone when it's cold.
Speaker 1: Nah. It's just like if I sit for a long period of time, like being in a car right for a long even even because most of the time I'm be the driver, I'm in the back, you know, on the right, because to let the seat because like one thing, like it's already in my file, right, mister sharp gets in, he doesn't really like to talk. Please turn the turn the radio off. He don't want you don't want to listen to anything. Have the seat all the way to the front right so you can stretch out. So that's all that's in my file.
Speaker 3: What about when you when on flights you always got to have obviously I want I.
Speaker 1: Want to our seat and no no bulkhead, non bowhead. Correct.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Oh let me tell you this, Oh Joe, I was a little flight. George would be coming. We're coming from dollars right and fly attendant o Jo, man, you know we didn't fly. We didn't fly Delta man and I couldn't win. And Jordan I don't know what Jordan Jeordeou was doing, but anyway, she ended up. Let me use her Wi Fi on my phone on hotspot. Ain't no hot spot. She put her cold in. Let me use it, okay. Had let me have internet service for four while.
Speaker 3: Wait you was on a flight that didn't have Wi Fi.
Speaker 1: It had Wi Fi, but I didn't. I didn't have the connect I didn't. I didn't have a path. Like I said, I say, like delter, I got a thing already, wants them boom, go to my server. I oh, boom, put the thing in a gun. I was on another fl I was on the airline that didn't have it like that, and I was like, she's fumbling around. I was like, she's like, well, what's going on? I said, well, I can't. I can't. I can't get Wi Fi. Okay, that's no problem. So she gave you her phone, or she gave you the code to use her WiFi. Yeah, sh you her cold on my phone?
Speaker 3: So I mean, what happened after that? Because I know nothing after that.
Speaker 1: I used up. I was on the internet, bro, I was the Internet. That's what happened, yo, man, y'all need to see you see what happened. Every time somebody does something for you, nice people. Everybody ain't trying to get into bed with you.
Speaker 3: I ain't say nothing about bed. I'm asking did you leave it at that? Did you get a phone number?
Speaker 1: That? Get a phone? Nobody want to catch up? She did a nice gesture, and I greatly appreciated that. Will you get turning the gesture with the offer to dinner? I tell you what I did. I did a video. I did a video for her. I told her she can post it. That's what I did. A video.
Speaker 3: Yes, don't god damn video. The lady lets you use your WiFi for four hours? You can at least took the lady to dinner.
Speaker 1: Man, Oh yo, everybody, lord, is that what we are? Ow yomer the time people used to do stuff out of the kindness of their heart. Y'all y'all want to We don't.
Speaker 3: We don't, we don't. We don't have time to be in kind. We're trying to find you. We're trying to find your wife. We're trying to find you a significant other. When you have people that are are blatantly letting you know, Hey, I'd like to talk to you, but I'm gonna I'm gonna take initiative since you don't, by giving you my WiFi. That's what what do you think she's telling you?
Speaker 1: She's telling me that she's really nice. She recognized who I was. She liked what I do on Nightcap, would you? She loves club She mentioned the cat, the Monique. She I just love your platform. I love what you're doing. That's what she's doing it for.
Speaker 3: Just so everything just went right over your head. Huh, that's what I Yah, you missed it. You missed it.
Speaker 1: I ain't missed nothing.
Speaker 3: Well, I tell you, bra, I tell you bruh Man about the video.
Speaker 1: I told him. Hey, man, I am. I ain't fooling with y'all. Man, come on, man, see, I'm glad I ain't grow up and see man, I remember, and I'm I'm I look, I've I've stopped. I'm not as friendly. I mean, I get, I get, I mean, I know some people like when women sitting next to me and they try to carry on a conversation. That's the reason why I don't have a whole lot of conversation because I don't want anything to ever get misconstrued. Hey, how you doing. Can you do this? Sign an autograph for my son? Say sign an autograph of my husband? Okay, fine, I'm done. I don't really do no talking, right because I don't want you to say well, no no, no, no, no, no no no. And I know it's bad. Oh how that it's like that, but society has made me like this. You know what you got?
Speaker 3: You got your freedom, monk, you heard me.
Speaker 1: You gotta keep it too.
Speaker 3: You listen, you got your freedom, and I want I want to free you from the shackles of the imprisonment in the way you're living.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: You got you got, you got to free yourself. So it's okay if a young lady Blainey's letting you know, listen, I watch all your stuff. Yeah, you're not even taking the hint. I watched all your stuff and you didn't even take initiative and understanding what she's trying to do in which.
Speaker 1: She was trying to do. She was nice, and I really appreciate that. I said, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: I got, I got, I gotta see I gotta see you to one of my classes.
Speaker 1: You ain't gonna send me nothing you're gonna feed me. I look here, I said, Oh yo, I'm telling see that's the oh Joe. People don't realize, like how I'm from point A to point B.
Speaker 3: She's hitting on you.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 3: She's hitting on you.
Speaker 1: That's fine, and I appreciate it. That's that's all for nice of us that she thought I was nice.
Speaker 3: Know what I forgot? I forgot one thing, something very important. How she looked one to ten.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't man look here, man, o Joe, I don't look.
Speaker 3: At It's something wrong with your eyes. You wear glasses, don't you You got glasses?
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, Oh cho, I'm not trying to meet nobody, bro, because I'm a friend. Listen, Oh Yoe. I honestly, I'm afraid fright. I mean, I mean, you got the damn to say with Shannon, I'm trying. I'm really trying to get at you in that aspect. Oh me approach you?
Speaker 3: So you need somebody? You need somebody aggressive?
Speaker 1: You got I'm told you got to. No.
Speaker 3: Hey, ladies, if you're interested in unk, please I'm.
Speaker 1: Good be as lady ladies.
Speaker 3: Good, be aggressive and assertive.
Speaker 1: No. Do I like aggressive? Yes? But our uncle is good, Uncle is good. Kay, try to unk in a good spot. And so my antenna is super super alert right now. So I'm taking honestly for the most part. I no, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Good, I'm sad.
Speaker 1: Don't be sad. Oh yoe, just can't I just I just I just can't that. I'm men right now. O yo, I just can't have any slip ups. I don't want anybody. I don't want, like I told you, oyo. If when I would like in the last six years, seven eight years, when somebody tell me don't call me, I'm done. If you ever tell me don't call you, I'm not only am I gonna not gonna call you again. I'm gonna raise your number out of my phone and I'm gonna block that number.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you a question, Yes, what woman in her right mind will tell you?
Speaker 1: I mean, women get mad, and I know women get mad and they say block. I don't care if you tell me don't call you, because you're never gonna say Shannon Sharp harassed me. Shannon Sharp ain't harassed nothing. Shannon Sharp deleted you out of his phone and blocked that number. And if you call me from a number I don't recognize I'm not asking me. I can't take a chance, ojo I can't. I just stay to myself. I just want to be left alone. I don't bother nobody. I don't talk about nobody. I mind my business. That's what I want.
Speaker 3: Are you truly happy living this way?
Speaker 1: I love it. It's the only thing, is what I've known. When I was in the league, I spent most of my time by myself. Holidays, A lot of times I spent by myself Thanksgiving, Christmas. I didn't go to teammate's house. I go to the seven eleven. I would get one of those sandwich I warm it up in the microwave, or I get it bringing home, warming up, and that's what I did. I'm okay by myself. I don't want to bother nobody, and I don't want nobody if it with me. That's what see, O Joe. That's why I get upset because I don't understand a guy that you don't see out on the set, a guy that don't bother nobody, that doesn't talk about nobody, but everybody got so much to say about me. But now I understand, and I'm cool with that. I realized that I got more love and supporters than I got haters. But I can't take a chance, O choe, especially with women. Ain't no coming back from that. It ain't no coming back from that, O joe. Yeah. So I would just rather err on the side of caution, because what I've learned in today's society, just to mention, just the mention of impropriety is enough to sway public opinion against you. I don't want to take a chance. I'm good, damn you. I looked through I order room service, Oh joe, I look through that. People. If it's a female, I take the tray at the door. A woman will not come in my room alone. Not a chance, zero chance. When they come to do turndown service. I then don't do turndown service. I said, I'm getting ready to leave. Hey, I'll be back at such and such a time. Hey, here's fifty bucks. They'll normally leave whatever they're doing, come turn down my room. Or if I'm in the room and they say you like turn down service, I'll go sit in the hall, dan elevator. Come as a single woman. No, you can get on, I said, no, ma'am, I'm good. M hm mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Well, you ain't bushit, boy, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I go from point to point B.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Hey does that tell you, hey, you better keep up? She'd be jogged, like, damn, where you going? I Meande Jordan carry all the bags.
Speaker 3: So I I you know, I understand obviously because of the times that we're in is very very difficult. But like just I'm just I'm sitting here thinking like the way you have to live because of the times that we're in, and that just that makes me sad. No, that'll be sad that you can't you can't enjoy your I mean you consider it. You say you're enjoying yourself, but not being able. I'm a social butterfly. Just the fact that you can't enjoy conversation and just just engaging with with just randoms like like, I just I don't know, man.
Speaker 1: Because I I never I never know what someone is thinking.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: So I just I just I just rather err on the side of cauture. Yeah, I can't now, I can't think about Shannon. I think about sister, brother, kids, mom, I think about that. Then I think about Okay, as Jordan, people that I'm responsible for financially and making sure they stay employed, so I don't think about I'm the last person I think about. I think about everybody else first. That's just that's just the way my grandmother brought me, raise me that I think about other people first. I don't really think about I mean, I do more for for other people. I mean by watch here or there. But if I bought my brought me something, you best believe my kids, my family have gotten more than what I spend on myself. That's just the way I am. Right. But how you have I just I just can't l choe. I just can't take a chance. I cannot, I cannot. I try to avoid. I'm not arguing with you. I'm not doing it. No, No, don't come to my house or arguing and all that foolishness, because you got to go m But we good, don't yo, you know, be and you be and you hey, we and you either in Vegas. I mean, you ain't want to hang out with you boy, But it's all good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't hang out, you know, I don't go out.
Speaker 1: But you want to talk about me? You don't go out.
Speaker 3: I just there's nothing for one. Going out is an expense. It's an expense. I'm willing, not that I'm not going to pay because out costs. At home, it don't cost me nothing.
Speaker 1: But I don't call me nothing but something. I'd like to go and let my hair die.
Speaker 3: I I ain't got no heir to let down. No, no, oh god, damn. I don't see how you live like that man ship.
Speaker 1: I mean, but I've been like this for so long. Like when I played if, if I didn't go, if I didn't go out with Burns, I ain't go out. Right when he left, I ain't go out. I went out one time and I was like, man, this ain't for me. Yeah, he came back. It was life again. Right when I came to like Atlanta, I used to come up there like my homeboy bucket, come up, we go out, Like I said, I haven't been to a strip club too since two thousand and seven. That last time I've been to a strip club shoot, I didn't. I'm just I'm just I'm just a homeboy. I just rather be at home, like when I go to Atlanta, Oh Joe, I don't even cut the TV on unless it's like a Wednesday. I gotta watch a game or something. Gill's not gonna talk other than that, I just go in my room and I just sit it, just lay down.
Speaker 3: Well, shoot, we were both boring, and that's the case, because you know, I don't want to go out. I don't go out past nine pm. And if if I'm home, you already know what I'm doing. I'm on that goddamn game.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I just said, I call my daughter and say Daddy, Like, Daddy, why are you didn't call? I say, look, I'm in town. Now you want to go do something? You want to go out there? Okay? Or like when I come, like my son, I got to give obviously, I gotta give him advanced notice because he's mad with with with my with my grandson. But for the most part, I just chill. I just I just I like being alone. I really do. And I think that's that's that's why it's hard because I've been alone for so long. Mm hmm. It's just been for the most part, me and the dogs for such a long long time. But it's all good. Oh Joe. Check this out. The question that has been going viral. If a man proposes to his girlfriend and she says no, is the relationship over?
Speaker 3: Who? Well, why wouldn't it be over? Isn't the point of being together to read what marriage?
Speaker 1: Exactly? What do we do with I asked your hand in marriage and you tell me no? But what we do with?
Speaker 3: She going through the motions? Hey, going through the motions, or the fact that you just want to be able to say, oh, I have somebody, but I really don't see no future with you. I asked your hand in marriage, you tell me no? Ship Bye?
Speaker 1: Yeah, bye? Next next Oh he put this on camera? Oh?
Speaker 3: And she said no on camera?
Speaker 1: Was it on camerash? Because you know, sometimes you know how to do it at the game you're trying to yeah, fording advancing and the female m, yeah, hold on, hold on on?
Speaker 3: She said no in public?
Speaker 1: No, I guess I guess he uh, I guess that was just a question that was asked.
Speaker 3: Oh oh oh boy, why I finna say? Man, come on, nine, come on. But again, it all comes down to understanding and knowing who you're dealing with. Understanding and knowing who you're dealing with you already know, because, for one, if you're in a relationship, you're always ask in the beginning, what's she ango? Yeah, what's she a goo? What are you trying to do? What are you trying to accomplis what do you see us three, four or five, seven years from now? So you're you you already know what you're dealing with. So he kind of set himself up if she did say no based on the question. In general, you gotta know who you're dealing with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you're messing with. You messing with a good thing, you man. You know they say the number one killer of a woman's sex drive. You know what it deals, O Joe? What wedding cake? They say, I'll kill a woman sex drive quicker than anything. Yeah, the wedding cake.
Speaker 3: Why do you say that?
Speaker 1: You're serious and kill me your dae. Yeah, they said that's the number one kill him sex drive for a woman wedding cake. Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: So wait a minute, now, come on, now you got me, You got me?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Okay, So we just ain't gonna have we ain't gonna have no cake.
Speaker 1: Okay, goud up there. You. I don't know how you gonna pull that one off, cause that's that's a dream I'm gonna have that. You have that gown on, have that big old cake, have a six seven your cake.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, you just told me about statistics and analytics. Ain't that we'll be using the NFL now analytics and statistics. Well, I'm gonna use it too, and we ain't having no cake ship you think I ain't Aven gave.
Speaker 1: Me no.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no cake. Appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Uh. Nikki asked, do you prefer to be dominant or submissive in the bedroom? What's your feeling on toys?
Speaker 3: Well me, I have I'm glad you asked. I have a dungeon. I have a dungeon and I'm listen, we family, nightcap, we family, and I see all of you, ask family, and to let you into my my, my privacy. I have a dungeon similar to that of Christian Gray if you saw the movie Fifty Shades of Great. I have my own dungeon of toys and and and and black us and blindfolds and whips and all that. I got swing sets and all types of different concoctions to you know. Yeah, I'm sorry to tell you all that, but that that that's just me.
Speaker 1: I'm yeah, I'm what you think i am. I'm an okay, whatever you think I am. I am right. Yeah, I like that. I like that, like that, like toy bring them. Yeah, all of them, Yeah, toys, all them.
Speaker 3: I'm with you when you're right now, and Chad, I apologize. I didn't mean to to open up Parandora's box on on my private life, but that that's what it is. Because someone posed the question.
Speaker 1: Hey, I keep a battery side by bed? That about power eighteen wheels.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I'm with you when you're right now, and with you. I got I got one. I got one toy that it works off a generator. You know what I ain't. I'm you know.
Speaker 1: It works off the generator. But I'm gonna stop. But you see, yeah, hey, I got a generator. Run everything in the house. You route everything at our power. Wad them out of my house. Joe a bad leave. I told you, Oh Joe, your boy had a slow Oh Joe, You're boy had a slow din bad because you know I'm fail on Joe. Yeah, hey do. But see that's what I told you. The one eighty you know you you you one fifteen, you Barbie doll. I ain't got time to put I can't take you to the dollar's sold legs back together, old trick. You know what I'm saying. I'm a heavyweight. I lay heavy. Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Know what you mean. I know, I know exactly what you mean. I know you're coming from babe.
Speaker 1: Hey, dad Wade, I ain't what about two fifty old Joe? He said, damn you, I said, what you think I live all this way for Hey, you know what saying. Hey, if you're from the South, you know what I'm talking about. How they hang with, hanging them homes upside down. I have by heels like this said Old Joe was two fifty two fifty solid.
Speaker 3: You'll be playing. Hey, that's that's that's that hey, that that's b b W territory right there.
Speaker 1: Now, Hey, look at your bad all old Joe. Your boy, hate your boy? Hey, your boy gotte you you boy got the old bad. I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it, like see okay, now I don't feel so bad now.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 3: Hey, you're cautious in the way you live, but you have some fun.
Speaker 1: Hey, once we get to that point, what was we take it there? Yes? Oh, we're going all the way there? Okay? Oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah, that's what I say. Oh Joe one, you ain't a lady two ten count me in two twenty plenty. Oh yeah, yeah, hey boy, Hey like what I'm saying, y'all on the southe y'all know when you dress an animal, you hang it upside down by his hind leg. Y'all know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: But two fifty huh, boy, you's a boy.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm right with you. I'm right, I'm right. I'm right with you.
Speaker 1: But stop laying and I ain't. Don't let your boy be the slip with it.
Speaker 3: When the when them diamonds put it on, don't don't. Hey, hey, hold on, I should have. I should have went to grabbed me. See let me let me see if I grabbed me when him hold on? Hold on?
Speaker 1: What are you going to get? Yeah? Yeah, we're your saving primate. Ryan come out in ninety eight. H yeah, man, fattish now what I'm talking about? All right? I got we would come at their hold on. Yeah, we've been so when I come back something that I'm gonna tell you them them cuffs I got. Hey, oh Joe, yeah, man, I remember were in ninety eight and uh, Mike gave us you know, we've been practicing, having going well, and Mike gave us his afternoon off. He said, hey, I'm gonna give you guys the afternoon off. We've been doing good guys, blah blah blah, and uh, he say, just just just be careful, just watch out what you you know, make sure you don't get into trouble. Hey, you see your teammate guys, make sure they okay. I was like, okay, cool, and so everybody stop. At Man, what y'all going to? Man? We're going? Hey, who going to the smiling moves? That was the place that we would normally go to smiling moose? Man? Who going to the smiling moos? Some gotta talk about? Man, I'm going to see saving private Ryan. I say, sh man, I'm going to try I'm trying to go see I'm trying to show somebody doing toluten the big nuts. What I'm going you talk about? Savorite private ride? That fit to see Lutenant Big Nuts? Man? Hey, y'alln't believe that story. Asked anybody that was on that ninety eighteen when Mike called us up? What is what I see? Hey? Rod spelled foots you in this chat? What Rod?
Speaker 3: At Man? I ain't seen Rod in a long time. Man, Tell Rod, I say, what's happening?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Rod? Thank somebody to my two pi. Yeah man, oh shay with hell way y'all think of pay you know, everybody take me, I might take me a while now, I got it. Can't I can't. You may help like I once could, right right right right, but oh yeah oh one oh t one fifteen. I got the ideas here.
Speaker 3: Right right right right there. Yeah, I see.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't. I can't, I can't. I can't sell my old war stories. It ain't it ain't ain't gonna, ain't gonna sit too well.
Speaker 1: Now, you ain't gotta shell them stores. You ain't gotta tell tho stores back of the day, back at the day, O shape. Yeah I'm bad, Oh I bad? Please mm hmmm that when I was young o yoe damn.
Speaker 3: Good days?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah yeah. See Nicky, why you asking all these questions? Nikki the budge of my secrets. I ain't like that, no more. Major ain't like that no less either. Hey, hey, oh Joe, check this out. My boy, bun. He got a huge show next week. It's called the All American Takeover, and uh we're gonna do this uh this thing for buhn uh hey, Bun. I appreciate the love and support that you always watch it, man, you always give me words of the encouragement. So we're gonna do this for our boy. Bun. Hey, Bun check this out. I'm your favorite Doug Shannon Shark. That's my co host, o Jo Sinko and Houston. Are you ready? Are you ready? Come? My boy bun Be is having an All American takeover. Y'all know how Bun do it. Y'all know he the mayor of Houston. So Bun handle your business. Do what you do, the All American takeover. Bun b do your thing.
Speaker 3: Bro, Yes, sir, baby handle it. Yeah, American takeover.
Speaker 1: What we got? What we got? Hold on? Okay, oh check this out. Our second announcement Savannah State. I'm sorry the first two Savannah State. This is info posted on all schools sites, but just to make sure y'all know, we're looking for two passionate, hardworking social media members and to excuse me to work on Club Chase, Shape and Nightcap starting in April. This is a fully remote opportunity and you will be paid. We don't do anything. We can do it right from Savannah State University. Email. Send us a cover letter and your resume. Internship at the volume dot com. The deadline to apply is March fifteen. If you go to any other school, you're gonna have to wait until next year. The first opportunity is coming from my alba matera, and that's Sabbattle State University. So alright, say, anybody that wants to do media, that wants to get in this thing, we're looking for two hard working. Now, if you ain't hardworking, don't even apply. I ain't gonna evenly to you. Now. We work over here. We work, we grind because we're trying to build something over here. So if you go to Savannah State, send your applications there and send your resume in March fifteenth is the deadline. After that, don't send nothing in March six As a matter of fact, we're gonna take it down after March fifteen, the midnight. So you can't stand that. Yeah, So going to get those things out because we're looking for too hard working. Hey, one will work on club shan't shape. The other will work on night Cap. So that's what we do it. That's what we do it. Hey Bud, Hey Bun, I'm gonna miss it because I already know Bun, go do that thing. Big Man. That's one thing about boy, my boy bun Man. Anything he do all American TAKEO. I could just imagine. We need to try with them Trio Burgers too. Man, heard them things be busted.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be crazy, man, gonna be out man.
Speaker 1: Oh try, I need to get.
Speaker 3: Out, Chude. If you leave with you go, I'm gonna go too, because I don't. I don't frequent Houston much.
Speaker 1: Nah, don't you go, don't you go, don't do it. Don't yoe my daughter out there now? Remember my daughter pray you and him should pray of you. Yeah, shall Prayerview and my lad. The only time I go to Houston is the when I when I work with Charlo with the Charlo Twins. Oh no, boxing, that's it. They said, Hey, Shannon, not your hypothetical question. Jared Jones wants to adopt you and give you twenty percent of as well, but you have to move to Texas where Dallas Cabo Jersey every Sunday and cheer for the Cowboys all year. Would you accept? Now? Who Jersey would you pick and ask him for a debt and asking for dead beat dead?
Speaker 3: I ain't going.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm going because guess what percent. Jared probably worth about thirteen billion, So twenty percent of that is gonna be ten percent of two Nah one point three two point six so two point six billion. Do you know what I could do with two point six billion as far as the HBCUs and empower my community, do damn right. As a matter of fact, I would decorate. I'm a buy I'm gonna pay my car Cowboys blue and silver I have. I'm gonna wear a Cowboy jersey, not just on Sunday every damn date. What you got OYO?
Speaker 3: I ain't going now? Can we can we change the team to the Bengals?
Speaker 1: Nah? Manbody?
Speaker 3: Can we change to the Dolphins? O?
Speaker 1: Jo? First of all, ain't nobody y'all y'all always bad? O? Yo, ain't nobody want to change? Hell missing and stuff with y'all y'all were terrible. Ain't nobody want them? Bengal? Heal? I took call pigres off just got I say, bro, I take it off your hand.
Speaker 3: But they wanted my helmet. Everybody wanted my helmet, everybody wanted my jersey.
Speaker 1: Everybody wanted you know, they wanted the Cowboys and the Raiders were always the first to go, Hey, everybody wanted that star in that raider.
Speaker 3: You're not understanding though, everybody wanted my helmet in my jersey.
Speaker 1: Yeah that boy. Yeah. Two point six billion. Oh yeah, I'm a pool. I mean yeah, I'm selling now for two point six billion. I'm selling out. You know what I can do you? You know what I can do for this community. You know what I can do for HBCUs. Yeah. Man, please, Landy Ray said to my favorite podcast, go what song would you choose to be the theme song for your life? Right now? Good? Godbody?
Speaker 3: Oh mine is easy?
Speaker 1: What's yours?
Speaker 3: The same way I played in the NFL, I did everything my way?
Speaker 1: Well it's my theme for not for club Shay Shape, Nipsey hustle, grinding all my.
Speaker 3: Life, grinding all your life, grinding out my name. Yeah, Okay, that's a good one. That's a good one. Yeah, my Frank Sinatra my way, my way. That's like that just it resonates with everything everything about me. I've done everything my way.
Speaker 1: I like that. Lady Ray you up, you up real late because you I guess we came on our earlier tonight do what we did last but last Na, No, we came on three hours because we came on. Yeah, we came on three uh. Dealer parents said, how did you you get that that intro from nip hould up from Nip for Nip for Club Sha Shap. We paid for it? And when are you an ash going to going on camera? Ash Man? She done, Bride Jordan, we may have to do a spell up there. This show old I had. If you're interested in the idea, I am as as you would have gone to day She over here, shaking her head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she said, yeah, no, hell no, oh, I say, let me know, I can gash up like, since you don't want to listen, I could play match maker.
Speaker 1: Uh uh. Four k T said, do y'all feel disrespected if people only know y'all from Nightcap and not football? Hell no, I did not gonna.
Speaker 3: You know how young you would have to be to not know it from football and only Nightcap.
Speaker 1: A lot of people know, I mean a lot of people, oh cho for the most part. Obviously, when they do an introduction, and if I'm going somewhere they do an introduction, they'll mention my stuff. But most of the time all people talk to me about this club Shashee nightcap. Okay, do you know do you know how good you have to be in your second career where people don't even talk about your first career and you were what you were in your first career? Do you know how good you have to be and what you're currently doing?
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Mmmm take it as a compliment.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're right.
Speaker 1: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it that way. I like it that way.
Speaker 1: Joseph Merlow, Hey, uncle o Joe, funko pop Joe here, still waiting for them funk oldes question who where they push up? Contest between you two don't matter. I whip both of you. Man, Man, I've been I ain't gonna lie. I ain't gonna even lie to Joseph. Your boy been slacking. Your boy been slacking. I've been mad. I haven't Vista man, stop taking your head, Jordan, shut the hell up. Uh, But I I just you know, look, I understand what I have to do in order to to to to grow Laportier, you know, and when I when I get on the phone, when I get on zoom calls, and when I go in front of the meetings, this is what I promise to distribute. This is what I promise to sell people. I'm gonna show up if you do this, I'll do that. I give you my word. I'm gonna I'm gonna work harder than what you're gonna work. But I expect you to work hard, and so I understand that right now. This is a part of what I've got to do, and I've got to make sacrifices, right and I'm willing to sacrifice, maybe working out one two days a week to make sure this thing grows because I want to leave something. I don't want my kids and kids. I'm want to go to three and four generations. I want my grandson kids, kids to be straight. I want if something would have happened to me, I want my my sister and my brother and I'm not to have to worry my mom, not to have to worry, my kids, not to have to worry. Now, I know I got hopefully if they're they're they're And you know, I'm gonna have a conversation with all three of my kids, uh in the coming weeks about what I expect if something were to happen to me. I think this is the time, you know, I got to be a realistic. I'm not a. I'm not afraid to have conversations like that. I know I already know how my daughters is gonna handle that. I think my son will be a little stronger. But I need to have a conversation on what I expect even if I'm not around. I need you to represent my last name and that name that I gave you to the highest. You'll always be a representation of me. And I want you to know I have expectations even when I'm not here.
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 1: So that's what that's what I do. That's what I do this for. I mean the will. I am not even worried about the will. The will in the state has already done. I just altered every every several years because I I accumulate more money, more money get gets just first. I'm I've seen I've seen people that we thought had it all together didn't have it together. I made sure that's back together. I just all I just updated every couple of years to make sure who's handling certain things and money's going to certain places. E R said it has probably been asked before, but oh, Jo, I grew up playing NFL Street three, and you became one of my favorite players as a kids seeing you on the cover of it, can you give some insight on how you got chosen to be on the cover?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's a good question. I forgot with you that that that game did come out.
Speaker 1: Because I was on the first cover, me and Ricky Williams. Real, Yeah, I was on the first couple.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't listen. That was so long ago. I don't remember how it even came about. Obviously, I'm assuming my they got in touch with an agent. I'm assuming that's that's that's how it happens in order to forward to happen. And they asked for wanting to be on the cover, I'm assuming, And that's an no brainer. I'm not saying no to that. And and that's that's that that that's how it went. And funny thing that you bring that up. They need to bring NFL Street back. They need to revamp it again and bring it back because that was a very very fun game, very very fun game. Damn that was fun.
Speaker 1: Mishan and Hunter asked Thunk and oh yo, have you ever burst your dorsal vein during sex? Oh yo, that vein is in your penis, just in case you didn't know.
Speaker 3: Nah, No, sure. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just get really red. I'm talking about fire and you're red.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. It never happened. I'm glad it. I'm glad it hasn't.
Speaker 1: No. Oh, Joe, you man, you know I be chill. I be chill. I'll be chilled. J Dumb from actress there, please wish my steps so unhappy? Oh this after dawn? Huh oh oh my bad, damn, my bad. We nah man, man, you about need to get that checked out. You doing all that, I mean, you're doing that kind of hunching. Please. JDB actress said, please wish my stepson Kobe and halfy twenty first birthday. He's finishing up his junior at Ohio State. Go bucks. Also, whatever happened to your boy Leo from SSU keep up to a one work Happy birthday Kobe birthday, Kobe twenty one, big two one at Ohio State. Congratulations bro, keep working hard, keep grinding. Everybody's proud of you. Man. I don't know what happened to Leo. Leo didn't come back for my sophomore year, and I don't know what happened to him. I used to see one of his partners high see but I lost chuck with him. I hadn't been back to Savannah any length of time and stayed in the length of time I'm normally in and out. But it's gonna be interesting. I will find him. I'll find him and let y'all know. Get y'all update what happened to Leo. Uh Upgrade King said at night, cavanoci your success and nothing less. Hard to work hard, I work the lucky I get up. Are you doing a bottle siding in California? Yes, eventually we are right now, the total wines in California and in Texas and a few other states. Asked, Uh, We got to make sure we can supply him, and so that probably won't happen until like May when we get another bigger, bigger shipment coming in. But absolutely absolutely Marcus. Marcus Blair says, I'm a father of five beautiful girls. I was shot in the back four times, left me paralyzed from waist down. I have nights I don't sleep cause of chronic nerve pain. I just want to thank y'all for getting me through so many nights. Marcus Road, congratulate on the beautiful daughter. You have a very positive attitude man for you to get here. Thank you for getting on here and sharing your story with us, with us, I'm so sorry about what transpired, but uh, just keep praying to the man above. He's gonna watch over you and those beautiful girls, and God blessing. Thanks for watching us. Bro. We appreciate all the support that I loving and supportive fans have given us since September, since we brought this thing to air, and you guys have never never left us, so we greatly appreciate that. And Marcus all the best. Bro d Love said, Oh, if you and know what your were to go to the casino, who would come out winning the most money at what game? Poker? Black jack, slots or something else. Man, I ain't playing those slots. I'm either gonna play poke, I mean blackjack, or I'm a roller dice. That's all I play.
Speaker 3: Blackjack is the one where you got to beat the dealer, right, Yeah, Hey, that's the only one I know about.
Speaker 1: You know play? See how you talking? I can tell you do know how to play. You will be here, know sixteen and do it all kind of crazy stuff.
Speaker 3: Actually, from my understanding, the people that you're playing with, they actually take up for you and they actually help you because they want you to win.
Speaker 1: No, they all, first of all, what what position are you playing? You playing first base, second base, or you playing third base?
Speaker 3: And I don't know? Man, you know I don't gamble.
Speaker 1: On Well, i'll tell you what. I'm gonna come out with the most winning because I'm damn sure I'm not gonna be at his table because he gonna be taking the dealer's bus card, or he gonna be taking or he gonna pass and let the dealer bust us to hit us over the head.
Speaker 3: That's see. I mean they got to ask a question that where something I actually know and do. I don't gamble, so I I don't know nothing about that stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't get so so you don't work. You don't replay craft where you go? So once you play with you and real play.
Speaker 3: When y'all go to casino, well sit gamble. I don't gamble. I don't know how to play that ship.
Speaker 1: Damn choe. Yeah, I can't go to casino with you. Will stay your asshole, go to comsito with you. You don't do nothing.
Speaker 3: All you want to do is go eat smoking my cigar and the casino you can smoke in the casino, you know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, That's all I can about. And get my little coffee, my little latte, folk sugars, get me a cigar, and just watch her do whatever she be doing on that poker table. Man. I understand, I go to Vegas. I'm looking for me a Lotte too. You don't. I'm talking about Joe Hey, talking about the car you putting the cup. I'm just saying what I'm looking for. That what I'm looking for, you know what I'm saying? That between a Keep that between us, Oh Joe, keep that between us. I got you, I got you. Please make sure y'all hit that light, but make sure you hit the subscribe button and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Please make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. You can get it through club Shayshay, turn around. We can't see the bat? Who with that Roman?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Roll mind yeah? The greatest, the greatest player to ever played for Boca Juniors.
Speaker 1: Uh. Make please make sure you subscribe to the Nightcare podcast feed. You can't get it through club shape shape, but please please help us out and sign up through the Nightcare podcast feed. Thank you guys for selling out shay by la Portier. All we're doing now, we're taking pre orders only, pre orders only, but you will get it. Thank you Ocho for sending me this. I greatly appreciate it. I need that, Doctor Bellamie, Frankie l Bellamie. Thank you for the hoodie. I'll make sure o Yo get that. But he's not getting that little figurine. That is mind my mind, mind, mind mind. But for a nominal fee, I believe willing to part I'll be willing to part ways with it. That's what I would be willing to do. Hey, what y'all know about these? You know, shoes have a little bit more meaning when the guy that's responsible for the shoes, like Edison Chen, he normally sends me shoes anytime that he comes out with something. Jeff Staple, he didn't send me the pigeon dunks, but he's sending me some shoes. Uh, DJ Callen or anytime a guy obviously I have some Lebron's. But anytime a guy send you a signature shoe his, it has a little special, more special meeting. So do y'all know what this is right here?
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: By boy. I don't know. I think I don't know. I think he only made like so many. I think he only gave me like family and friends. But I got a pair somebody man, how y'all know? But thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I'm your favorite, Shannon Sharp, He's your favorite, Number eighty five Route Runner, Extraordinary Bingals, Legend Ring a Ring of Fame, Honor Reed, Liberty City Wall of Oregon State Just Cincinnati. Hey, they call him mister Rail, Risotto, Chad O, Joe Fingo Johnson. We'll see you on Sunday Night.
Speaker 3: Thank you for Sunday Baby, the Volume