Speaker 1: You're listening to The Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Hey, everybody, Welcome to the Buck Brief. This episode, Michael Malice back in the hot seat. And look, Michael is the host of your welcome, which is fantastic. He's an author, He's a super interesting guy. Don't tell him I said that, Michael. The second assassination attempt on Donald Trump just happened.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts, second known assassination attempt? Yeah, Trump, I mean, we don't know how many. I'm sure there's many many assassination attempts on all presidents that we're not privy to, and we shouldn't be privy to. So people are our workarounds. I was on Rogan not that long ago, and Rogan had asked me, do you think they're going to do it again? And I said yes, and he goes, yeah, me too. Immediately, I think this is I'm more concerned because I don't think this guy had had a chance. It wasn't like he was closed. You know, I don't think President Trump was actually in danger, sure, but I'm more concerned about the fact that there's no come to Jesus moment with the media about Okay, what's our part in this? Because we've heard for years about rhetoric, dangerous rhetoric, dangerous rhetoric, Gabby Gifford's, you know, all this other stuff, and then someone actually pulls the trigger and it's just I don't know if you saw this. Lester Holt was blaming Trump's rhetoric for this. I mean, did you see how he was dressed. I mean, he had a coming.
Speaker 1: Not only the lesser hole clip that I saw. He says that it's Trump gets you know, Trump had another attempted assassination. Maybe this will change Trump's rhetoric about how it affects the Haitian migrants in Springfield. It was just it was just mental gymnastics of the most dishonest kind on display. But I guess this is the media has got nothing else because they can't show us more Kamala that much. They know they can't have Kamala actually out there campaigning like a normal presidential anity.
Speaker 2: But Bucket's also you can't have people viewing Trump as a human being because if there was just even this moment of Okay, this guy's terrible, His policies are bad. You know, Like in two thousand and eight, Barack Obama was like, I think John McCain's a great man. I just think he's wrong and everything. If they can't even say that about Trump, yeah, it has to be that he's this existential demon. That and at that point it's like, well, if this person is this existential demon, isn't it appropriate to take what interactions necessary? You can't simultaneously say someone is the biggest threat to America since the Civil War and then also claim that committing violence against them is somehow beyond the pale.
Speaker 1: How do they get around that? I mean, that's people have really picked up on this. If someone is Hitler like, violence against them is completely justified, right or mintigated or or manded. So how can they say Trump is a Hitler like figure, would bring fascism to America, would end democracy? And this is from the Kamala campaign. When you say someone is a threat to democracy, See that is not a claim that was being That is, you know, routinely made about other Republicans stretching back for a long time now. A lot of nasty things I'll say about them, but not they're they're going to end the country. If someone's going to end the country, what is not justifiable?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't know, ife you you know this, but in twenty twenty, both Kamala Harris and Hillary Clinton were blaming the violence in the rioting on Trump's America. And you know this is this is at his fault, at his feet. So I am I'm concerned that they're not concerned because if there was as much of a meltdown over what happened, you know, in Butler, Pennsylvania, as there is on a daily basis about climate change, which even if it's true, is going to take decades to screw things up. This is happening right now in the middle of an election year. I think one of the biggest threats to democracy is assassinating people. Like that's a pretty big threat to democracy. Well, you know, I get to vote for somebody because they were murdered.
Speaker 1: Well, and as we know, there have been assassinations that have led to well led the First World War, have have led to horrendous, very broad consequences historically.
Speaker 2: If anyone who's yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a basic student of history would see that this is the risk we run. I mean, I am curious. What do you think would have happened? If let's just say, I'm still very worried about Trump's safety right now. I continue to be worried about this going forward. You two are, of course, are you're crazy.
Speaker 2: Like I mean yours food, But I mean, I'm sorry this secret Look, I'm not a Secret Service operative. I'm not a gunsman like you know many of your listeners are. And I mean this with great honor, but you and I if we went to that field in Butler, we would have seen that roof. It's this is not some kind of weird, you know, cryptic magic eye thing.
Speaker 1: Well, this is my concern I've been saying this today on the radio, Michael, is because of what we saw in Butler. Every lunatic who thinks that they're morally justified in going after Trump believe eves they could take him out. You know what I mean. It's the mystique of the Secret Service is gone. No one thinks that these are these guys are you know, like super warriors who are always on it. Really they're just kind of bossy at like charity events and uh and you know, political fundraisers to people who pose no threat and then missed the obvious. I mean, that's just that's been my experience with the Secret Service, and that's that's what we've all seen in terms of their ability to deflect threats. So, yeah, I think Trump is under continued threat. And if they had taken them out in Butler, what what do you think that what happens? What would have happened to the country.
Speaker 2: I don't want to think about it, because there's a couple of scenarios. One is that the mag of people, regardless as having truthfully or not been a deep state operation and poop really hits the fan. Yeah, or even more likely but scarier, is that the Biden administration uses this as an excuse to clamp down on freedoms and really, you know, make the COVID experience look like kindergarten because now they can say, look, violence is out of control, guns are out of control, We're locking stuff down in a draconian way, and they would have a lot of support and the media twenty four to seven would be saying, this is what we need to do. We can't let this happen again. They would make Trump a martyr for their cause.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good point, and I think that's all. That's all very true, which is stunning when you actually think about it. We'll come back into this in a second. I want to ask you about the Kamala campaign. Is this really Is this sustainable in a way where they can push her across the finished line or not. You know, there are a bunch of folks out there who are very close watchers of gold, and they've been saying for a long time, look at the price, look at the price, Look where it's going to go. Gold is in an all time I recently, the federal government's printing money and that means that there's a debasing of the currency that goes on. This is just what is happening. It is very straightforward. But while the government's printing money, gold has only increased in value. Having a portion of your savings invested in gold is a good thing. You can rely on the Birch Gold Group. That's who we trust to handle your gold and silver purchases. Birch Gold makes it understandable and easier than ever to purchase physical gold that you can hold in your home. And likewise, it's just as easy to purchase gold and put it into your four oh one K or tax sheltered ira. More Americans than ever now own gold and or silver for those that purchase those precious medals. Over the last year, they've done very well. Our friends at Birch Gold Group are ready to help. Text Buck to ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight. Again, all you have to do to start owning gold or to have a gold four oh one k or ira text Buck to ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight, Birch Gold Group. Kamala. To me, it's clear, even though people had very interesting opinions about the debate, the Kamala campaign is losing. Do you think they can turn that around owned or is this in the Is this a campaign in terminal decline?
Speaker 2: But she's she's really like the mascot. I think people need to realize that. I think on some conscious, subconcious level, people do just like Biden was the mascot of the Democrats in twenty twenty. No one's voting for Biden, right, they were voting for to stop Trump. But with the voting for the Democrats, they can easily drag her across the finish line. There's a few scenarios. It could be twenty twenty two where people are expecting Republican victory, and it kind of trickled across the finish line. It could be twenty twenty where they do drag the carcass, you know, into the White House, or it could be twenty sixteen. I expect, if I have to make a prediction gun to head, that she's going to be overconfident because of how well that debate went for her, and she's going to have a few more interviews and when this broad goes off script, that's when hilarity ensues. She's more of a gaff machine than Biden was at his worst. So I think there's gonna be a lot of that before now and November. But I do think if I had to bet mine, I would give him about an eighty percent chance of winning. Right now.
Speaker 1: I've always thought that Biden because it was apparent that he was foggy and and old, like really old, right that even when he would say weird things, he goes, yeah, like he's an old guy. With Kamala, You're just like, what is wrong with this person? She's not that old, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You heard what I said on Rogan right, No, so you might have to bleep this out I said, going after her, you know, you're both racist, sexist, and ablest, and he goes ablest. They go, yeah, because she's literally retarded. And I'm glad to report that everyone understood what I meant by that word. Not one person thought I was making fun of someone who is mentally disabled. Because there's something fundamentally wrong with her. She's either drunk all the time like you and I. Either you or I are any podcast host we know if we were given those questions by Dana Bash, would have been able to give a better Kamala answer than she did, be able to put forth her positions better than she did. Yes, the amateur hour from beginning, and by the other thing is, by all reports, as you know and as your viewers know, she's apparently a nightmare to work with. So not only is she awful, she's not taking notes. Now. That debate was to the contrary. Someone sat her down and said, here's what you're gonna do, and she did.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think she. I think she memorized lines. I think honestly everything she All that happened was they're like, when they mentioned something about the economy, here's what you say when they mentioned something. It doesn't matter what and but people also I get a little bit of trouble. There's even some of my own like inner circle friends, UH I can tell you have come after me on this. I'm like, guys, so like, well, they gave her the questions, I'm like, so what. First of all, we can't prove it, but second of all, we all know what the questions are basically going to be. Like It's there were no gotcha questions that were you know, who is the prime minister of uh I don't know Botswana or or Bangladesh or something like. It just was pretty straightforward stuff. They did ask him about the Kamala you know, the race identity thing, but you know that was just them being moderators, were all on the tank for one side. It's not like if Trump had had you know, had had fore knowledge of that answer, it would have made some big difference anyway or that question. Rather, so I think that that gets too focused in and out. But yeah, Kamala did her homework, which is interesting because usually she's criticized for being somebody for being someone who won't do the reading before she goes in. But I mean, I think she's a uniquely awful candidate, and and to me, Trump has to win this because there's no way to spin losing to Kamala Harris, Like there's no COVID, there's no you know, great existential excuse out there that you can reach for. It's the second time he's got to win. And that's why I'm actually very confident Trump will win.
Speaker 2: Well, there is a way to spin it, and that is they're gonna say it was stolen right again.
Speaker 1: Do you think they're gonna Do you think they would say it's stolen again the second time?
Speaker 2: Do you have any doubt? I don't think she's because buck she's uniquely awful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know if you can get I don't know if that will let you're right that I think people will say that, no question, But is that is that going to be? Like most people that I know on the right think that there was cheating in the twenty twenty election and that Trump would have won without that cheating. I think that that number may go from you know, sixty seventy percent maybe more of Republicans to like twenty thirty percent. You don't see it that way, No, And.
Speaker 2: I also in a sense, I think it's irrelevant whether she gets in legitimately or not, because as someone who doesn't believe in democracy, there's no reason for you, if you lose your election to take someone seriously. I mean, this woman's a fraud. She has no mandate to governor, even if she wins. Her views are fundamentally you know, un American in a sense that I think a vast majority of like these things about like like sex change. Her views are so nuts that journalists were fact checking, putting forth reviews. They didn't bother doing the googling because like, this is so crazy, she never believe it, and then they have to walk it back. If you saw it in New York Times, that is your correction, because it turns out she did, in fact, advocate for federally funded sex change operations.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I did see that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like it's like, oh god, you crazy Republicans are putting words in her mouth. It's like, no, these are her words in her mouth, you know, banning fracking, plastic. The thing that's also funny is when she had that interview with Dana and from CNN, and she's like, used to be against fracking, banning fracking, Now, what's your position? She goes, I've made it clear, I've changed my opinion. Okay, why like what's she like? Why? Like?
Speaker 1: So how how has she made it clear?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: It's always through surrogates of the campaign who are anonymously reporting to friendly outlets like well, that's no longer as if that ends the you know what I mean that that that like ends the whole thing, Like, oh well, someone of this campaign. It's it's crazy. But just quick word from our sponsor here, bar Creek Arsenal. It's time to gear up for the hunting season. My friend's bar Creek Arsenal has you covered with a new firearm. What's awesome about the AR platform For examples, it's versatility. You can use your standard AR fifteen for home defense, you can change your five five six upper, do a three fifty legend and then you're ready to hunt. AR fifteens are super customizable, so you can set it up exactly how you like, for exactly what you need. And now you don't have to pay thousands of dollars for a new firearm. Barcreek Arsenal has tons of customizable complete uppers for less than three hundred bucks, high quality and highly accurate. I've got three, gonna be four soon. Bar Creek Arsenal firearms here at home, including two rifles. I love my Bear Creek stuff. Go check it out for yourself. Go to Barcreek Arsenal dot com. Use coupon code buck for ten percent off. That's Bear Creek Arsenal dot com. Use coupon code buck for ten percent off your next order. Michael, when you come down of South Florida, We're gonna take you out to the range. My friend, we got I got all kinds of fun stuff here. Yeah, we got I got suppressors, I got SBRs, I got all kinds of good things. We'll have a really good time. So let me know when you're you know, when it's freezing in the rest of the well, I guess it. How cold does it get in Austin in the winter. It's like cold right now by today's one hundred, right, But I'm saying in the winter time it gets kind of cold, but not that cold.
Speaker 2: Right one day there's forty There was one time that there was snow and basically all the electricity stopped working.
Speaker 1: Oh I remember that. Yeah, they weren't really ready for that there, And I think I think one of my favorite senators unfortunately took a little trip to like the Bahamas or something, or Mexico.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a question? Yes, it looks to me that West Virginia is obviously going Republican in the Senate. Yeah, it seems like Tester's a gunner. Do you think it's a given that the Republicans take the Senate?
Speaker 1: I get I think they'll have fifty one. I do. I think that the I think that the outcome of them not having fifty one would require an astonishing own goal kind of situation. To be fair, though, they've had a couple of those in Georgia, which three really actually three Senate sa it's lost in Georgia, all of which absolutely should have been one at Alabama. Oh yeah, there's the Alabama thing too. So wait, who was it in Alabama?
Speaker 2: It was that sheriff remember there or whatever his name was, where they were saying he had all these weird things in the yearbook.
Speaker 1: Oh the yearbook stuff. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, that was a while ago. Yeah, man, I think that the Senate is probably going to go our way. I'm a little worried. Eric Hovedy is running against Tammy Baldwin, she's just one of these. She just knows the Democrat system so well. She's got like a Wisconsin accent, and she does the whole Wisconsin thing to people in Wisconsin and she's like, oh, I'm a nice Wisconsin And then she goes and just hangs out with hedge fund managers in New York, uh, you know, with with her wife or her girlfriend or whatever, and like goes to fancy parties and does the exact bidding of Chuck Schumer and the Democrat establishment. Then goes back to Wisconsin and is like, oh, no, I'm what.
Speaker 2: She'd meet Tommy Thompson, who had won like eight statewide races that's when she first got elected. I'm not mistaken that woman knows what she's doing.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm saying. Yeah, she's the Democrat you don't want to run against because she knows the playbook, she's got the funding, and you know, Huvedy is a wealthy guy and he's a smart guy. But it's just really tough because these Democrats, you know, they know the game they're playing, they know how to win. So I'm worried about that Wisconsin seat. I think that it would probably get the fifty one. I feel very good about Trump's chances, mostly just because I I've never felt this way before. I thought Trump was gonna lose to Hillary in twenty sixteen, even though I voted for Trump. I supported Trump, but I thought I I was like, look, it's not gonna you know, I believe that should never say this. I believe the New York Times. I thought she was gonna win. And then in twenty twenty, I thought Trump was going to win, but I had concerns, you know what I mean. I was like, I don't know, So I wasn't I wasn't super surprised at the whole, but especially people forget this. There were articles that were saying things like, oh, whoever wins may not be winning on election night. That happened before. Those articles were coming out before the election, and I was reading them, I'm like, uh, this mal in ballot thing is probably gonna really upset some folks, you know, cheating not cheating whatever. And then but this time around, I just, honestly and maybe this is like the worst attitude to take. I just can't imagine waking up and Kamala Harris as one. I just it's unfathomable to me, and maybe that's the worst approach to have, but I just can't think it possible.
Speaker 2: I'll just make two more points. I think if Trump does win, Ohio is going to swing Republican with the coattails Sharon Brown. I mean, he's a solid Democratic candidate, but Trump Ohio is going hard right, hard right, excuse me, in recent years, and I think people don't realize how much it's moved. I also think that if she gets in, this would be the first time I think in like our lifetimes where the income and president doesn't have the Senate. She would have fifty one Republican so that would be really weird. And I think her agenda would be dead on day one, so that would be very interesting to see what would happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we always think of it like whoever wins the press. I mean, I shouldn't say we always think of it, but there is a pro there is a tendency to think whoever win's a presidency, it's like their agenda. And if Kamala wins and Republicans have the Senate, she's getting nothing done. Basically, there'll be a lot of executive orders fights in the courts a lot of investigations.
Speaker 2: I think they're going to be out for blood. I think going to see a lot of the COVID stuff being investigated because Ran Paul and Mike Lee will be emboldened. And that's to their credit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean, I'm still very angry that one of my great disappointments in humanity is how much people were duped during COVID. Is you and I talked about this a lot during COVID, and how just upset I was at human nature that people were just we're like pack animals, like sheep, I mean, not like wolves like sheep. We're just, you know, as long as we're safe and fed and warm, nothing else seems to matter for a lot of people, for most people, And that there was no accountability for Democrats, and that even people on the right. Now I get this on my show, I'll be like, I can't believe that they had vaccine passports for a vaccine that was effectively pointless. And you guys don't care anymore? People, right, No, don't care. Let's talk about, you know, the next Trump agenda item or something. I'm like, all right, I'm.
Speaker 2: More upset about buck is that people and I see this on Twitter. I bring it up. People that give me their answers that aren't retweeted, people who weren't allowed to have funerals. That, to me is much worse that you couldn't say. If you care about it's all about saving Grandma. When Grandma passes, you can't say goodbye to her. That, to me is the unforgivable one the passports. I could wrap my head around more in terms of Okay, it's a new since, but this is this is well, you're one shot to.
Speaker 1: Get uns Yes, but I'm Michael. I mean, I know we're going back into COVID thing here. They didn't let people say goodbye to their loved ones who were dying in hospital of non COVID stuff. So you know, Grandma's battling cancer, she's at the end of the road. You want to give her one more hug? Not allowed?
Speaker 2: Even if you suit give me a has met suit. Fine, I'll pay for it. I don't care.
Speaker 1: It was monstrous, monstrous stuff what they did. And yeah, I'm never letting it go and I'm never forgetting it. And people can think that I'm crazy, but I think it was a window, unfortunately into the future of the world. One more sponsor here, and then I'll let you close this out with some insightful thoughts. Mister malice IFCJ, we're approaching the one year mark of the horrific events of October seventh in Israel. The International Fellowship of Christians and Jews invites you to join them in Flags of Fellowship, an opportunity for Christians to remember the victims, honor the heroes, and pray for those still held hostage. Your support for the IFCJ, which goes directly to help those on the front lines in Israel, matters. Your generous donation today will not only provide a flag symbolizing your support in churchyards across America, but will also support the Fellowship's ongoing emergency efforts in the Holy Land. Visit support IFCJ dot org to stand in solidarity with the Jewish people. That's one word, support IFCJ dot org. Oh, malice, Actually, I want to ask you this. This guy who took the shots, or sorry, who wanted to take shots. He got shot at, but he didn't get to get a shot off at Trump. Seems like Ukraine is far and away the most important thing to this guy on the planet. What is that? Like? How are their Americans who think that but the single most important thing in the world is supporting Ukraine in this moment, Like, take me into the mindset.
Speaker 2: I'm from Ukraine, I was born there. I think there's a lot of this idea in the war machine that backs the media that at any moment America. You know, when I talk about national divorce, a lot of these boomers come at me and say, if that happens, then China's gonna invade tomorrow. I'm like, give me this scenario where China invades Texas, Like like, like, what in the logistics here? What's the supply shap? It makes no sense, but there is this big sense for a thing for a lot of people. And this guy was a little older that they have this Cold War mentality and that you know, if you're the Domino theory, if Ukraine falls, then tomorrow Putin's in Berlin, and then he's in London and the next day he's in Miami. It doesn't really make much sense. And I also, as someone from Ukraine, am very disheartened because it seems very clear that a lot of NATO and other allies have a gun to Zelyyinski's head and A're telling him you're not cutting in deal, like, you have to keep fighting no matter how many of your people are slaughtered, and the pointlessness continues, and that to me is very disheartening.
Speaker 1: What do you think then, for that group, the end state is the total expulsion of all Russian forces from Ukrainian soil by military force of arms, because it seems to me like that's a recipe for fighting for another I don't know, ten years, fifteen years, tens of thousands more dead on both sides at least.
Speaker 2: Their logic would also be, well, you got to take Putin out right, because if you did it once, you have to teach him a lesson. So like, is that really where you How do you get there? Like, even if I agree with you that Putin's an evil guy and authoritarian all this other stuff, what is your scenario for getting him out of power? I would love to hear it because this whole we went through this with Saddam, which is Iraq was nothing compared to Russia, let's be clear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that was.
Speaker 2: A whole cluster for years, including for the Iraqi people. So what is your scenario here? So whenever people are like you, we have to fight to the last minute. I'm like, what is your end goal? How do you see this ending? And never have a good answer, or at least an answer that I find coaching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm also I'm just sort of curiously do you think that Do you think that Trump will be helpful in trying to get a deal done? I mean, do you have confidence that he will? Because that's one area where I I can't I couldn't explain to somebody better. Then I think he actually would sit down with Putin and be like you're making a deal, and sit down with his lion skin and be like you're making a deal, and no one's gonna tell Trump not to do that.
Speaker 2: Russians appreciate this kind of grabbing his pants, blow hard personality type far more than this kind of a feat guy and his diaper in a wheelchair. Like I can tell you from my personal upbringing, that energy would be much more conducive because then there's no loss of face on Putin's part. If Trump gets in his face and Putin's backs quote unquote backs down a little, it's not gonna make Putin look bad If he backs down to Joe Biden or Kamlala Harris. He's never going to live it down back home.
Speaker 1: Michael Malice, everybody check out. You're welcome. Fantastic s with Michael Malice. You may have seen him on his numerous appearances on the Joe Rogan podcast by the Way, which is almost as awesome as the Buck Sexton Side podcast here. Almost as awesome, but great to have you man, Michael, appreciate you making the time you see