Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and.
Speaker 2: Getty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: These new blistering tariffs on countries around the globe that includes China, one of the biggest and most consequential players in this trade war. Just think of how many everyday goods are manufactured in China, for better or for worse, or who have components built in China. Laptops, the smartphone you might be scrolling right the second, the clothes and sneakers you're wearing, the furniture upon which you sit, and on and on.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe you say, that's Jake Tapper of CNN. He's got it in for Trump and Republicans. He's just you know, scare tactics, et cetera, et cetera. Here's a couple of Republican senators yesterday.
Speaker 4: Whose throat do I get to choke if this proves to be wrong, Well, Senator, you can certainly always talk to me, but.
Speaker 1: I won Are you at the tip of the spear? Well, I'm at the tip of the spear for certain I'm just.
Speaker 4: Trying to answer a question that I have several people in North Carolina asking.
Speaker 5: So the president again is the final decision maker on all of these things.
Speaker 2: Whose throat do I get to choke if you turn out to be wrong? Which is pretty hard, right Eric? You know, I wasn't planning on doing this. But here's here's rand Paul fifty four Michael who's been He's been a big Trump supporter, despite Trump calling him ugly and all kinds of things. Way back in twenty fifteen during the debate, Ran Paul is stood strong by Trump through a lot, through thick and thick, but not through this one.
Speaker 4: And then if you add it all upisode Shahn is ripping us off. That makes no sense. Trade deficits are not real accounting. It's a fake accounting, and it doesn't mean anything. What means something is if you look at trade deficits and proportional to prosper the higher the trade deficits, the more prosperity. The lower the trade deficits, the less prosperity we get. We get a reduction in trade deficits when we go into a recession. We get an expansion of trade deficits when we're in a boom. So really nothing about a trade deficit gives any real useful instruction to the economy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I keep hearing that argument over and over again from conservative economists, and yeah, politician.
Speaker 6: I mean, for instance, I was just reading this. We run a trade surplus with Australia because we send a lot of machinery pardon me, dingoes ding goes.
Speaker 1: They have they make their own dingoes dingo.
Speaker 6: Anyway, because we send them a lot of machinery, transportation, equipment, and chemicals. Australia runs a trade surplus with China because it sends it lots of iron ore, natural gas, and gold. And China runs a trade surplus with the United States by sending it car parks, electronics, and batteries. It all has to do with the stew of geography and who has what, and who's better at what, and who can produce what more cheaply. And I found this also very interesting because you know, I love a lot of what Trump's doing, but his fixation on trade imbalance is silly. Anyway, the US has a substantial trade surplus with the Netherlands and Singapore, but that's not because the Dutch and Singaporean people consume so many more American products than other nations. It's because those countries are home to major ports that import American goods. Then they go hither and yon. The Netherlands uploads US goods and its ports sends them throughout Europe and to other consumers. Singapore does it for Asia. But a trade deficit is calculated on the country that the goods reach first, not the ultimate destination. Yeah, and so I mean, and we have some gigantic ports that do a lot of business and we have a trade It's actually interesting, even though this is fairly meaningless.
Speaker 1: Where is that number.
Speaker 6: We have a trade surplus with one hundred and fourteen nations and a trade deficit with one hundred and twelve. Now that's just interesting. If the deficits were enormous and the surpluses were tiny, well that number might be misleading.
Speaker 1: But it just it doesn't matter that much.
Speaker 2: So that's that. Let's hear a little Donald before I get to Larry Summers, who people on the right loved when he was bad mouthing Biden of a feeling they're not going to like him as much when he's bad mouthing Trump's ideas. Get to that in a little bit. But here's Trump last night, some dinner. He spoke for ninety minutes, said a lot of interesting things.
Speaker 7: Countries are paying tariffs right now. China's paying a one hundred and four percent tariff. Think of it, one hundred and four percent. Now it sounds ridiculous, but they charged us for many items one hundred percent, one hundred and twenty five percent. Many countries have They've ripped us off left and right.
Speaker 2: But now it's our turn to.
Speaker 1: Do the ripping.
Speaker 2: Let's there are a number of things he says here that are interesting going.
Speaker 7: I deal with other countries all the time. I am right now when tariff's where they want to make a deal with us. We don't necessarily want to make a deal with them. We're happy the way we are taking our two billion dollars a day, but they want to make a deal with us.
Speaker 2: I know what the hell I'm doing.
Speaker 7: I know what I'm doing, and you know what I'm doing too.
Speaker 2: That's why you vote for me. We're making two billion dollars a day off these tariffs. What is that?
Speaker 6: It's the tariffs that are being paid that will then go to you know, be dispersed among consumers and suppliers.
Speaker 1: And importers and the rest of it.
Speaker 2: As we've discussed more. Donald Trump, I'm.
Speaker 7: Telling you, these countries are calling us up, kissing my ass. They are, they are dying to make it to you. Please, please make it to you. I'll do anything. I'll do anything, sir. And then I'll see some rebel Republican, you know, some guy that wants to grandstand say I think that Congress should take over negotiations. Let me tell you, you don't negotiate like I negotiate.
Speaker 2: I want this to work out. I hope it's going to work out. Yeah, I don't know that it is going to work out. This to me is maybe the biggest news making thing he said last night. But we're going to do something that we have to do.
Speaker 7: We're gonna put We're gonna teriffy our pharmaceuticals, and once we do that, they're going to come rushing back into our country because with a big market, the advantage we have over everybody is that we're the big market. So we're going to be announcing very shortly a major terriff for on pharmaceuticals.
Speaker 2: So that could be a big deal and something you see. You're pretty fast.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, I think that's a national security concern that we depend on China, of all countries. I mean, if it was Britain in Mexico, it'd be bad enough to turn on them for all of our medicines China.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: I hope he gets out there and sells it that way because that that that's an argument that makes sense. Look, we're gonna have to go through some pain for a while on pharmaceuticals until the companies start making the stuff here. But we can't be in nation. Can't be the most powerful nation on earth and all of our medicine comes from our enemy. That's not because we can't. That's a but anyway, So Larry Summers, he was president of Harvard. He was Obama's economic advisor. He is a Democrat, but Republicans loved him when he came out and said Biden's big spending policies were bad, shouldn't do it. He argued against a couple of those multi trillion dollar bills, said they would cause inflation, which they did, and he gets quoted on Fox all the time for that. I don't know if he'll get quoted for this stuff. Because he had a little Twitter thread yesterday developments in the last twenty four hours suggest we may be headed for serious financial crisis wholly induced by US government tariff policy. Serious financial crisis. I don't want to be in a serious financial crisis. I don't know about you. I just did as It's not something I'm looking forward to at this point in my life. Are really at any point in my life? Long term interest rates are gapping up even as the stock market moves sharply downwards. This highly unusual pattern suggests a generalized diversion to US assets in global financial markets. We're being treated by global financial markets like a problematic emerging market. This could set off all kinds of vicious spirals. Given government debts and deficits and dependents on foreign purchases. The only way to mitigate these risks is for Donald Trump to back off his current path. This is the first US bout of US financial instability caused by the US government ever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's funny. I'm torn on it, well, not torn, I see both sides of it. Trump's I'm a madman negotiating style is part of what he is. And for instance, in that clip where they're kissing my ass, all these countries are kissing my ass. I've never found it useful to humiliate people that I'm going to do business with long term.
Speaker 2: Seems like it would be your best play.
Speaker 6: No, you can negotiate in a very, very tough style and leverage your power, but there's no productive use for humiliating.
Speaker 2: I know it doesn't work in Miami. I know it doesn't work on me. Will I will walk away from a deal that is to my advantage if that happens.
Speaker 6: Or I will make that deal if I have to then search for a way to screw you for the rest.
Speaker 1: Of my natural days. Yes.
Speaker 6: On the other hand, I become a more and more convinced that this is not till Larry Summer's concern. This is not a long term strategy for the next two generations, which is impossible anyway, as the White House changes hands and Congress goes back and forth and the rest of it.
Speaker 1: It is clearly A and I pray I'm right. A.
Speaker 6: I'm so crazy, I'll blow up the world economy unless you start lowering your tariffs to US goods in a way that is post post WW two. You're not laying in ruins Europe anymore. Hey, Asia, You're not squatting in hot any more, your economic superpowers. Let's start seeing some serious trade agreements. If that's his strategy. Again, I don't appreciate. I give no style points, but if that's the way it ends, okay, let's move on with our lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm hoping that's the sort of thing that happens and it'll all be good, because I don't want to live through a worldwide depression or anything like that.
Speaker 6: You don't, Yeah, I am sixty seven point six percent convinced that that is his strategy and it will all be over fairly soon.
Speaker 2: That'd be awesome. And then we'll will this be one of those boy, remember when that happened? That was something? Will it be one of those?
Speaker 1: Probably?
Speaker 2: I hope, So, I hope you're right.
Speaker 6: Well, and then you know, Trump will deport Soda Mayor to that l Salvador in prison accidentally, and that'll capture the headlines for a while and we'll move on with our lives.
Speaker 2: We do have a report on what iPhones could cost if things continue the way they're going, but maybe we'll get to that later. Back off tariffs for a little bit. Got lots of stuff on the way, how dumb. Do you have to be to be dumb as a sack of bricks? Pretty dumb, scientists say, among other things coming up, stay tuned.
Speaker 5: Brooklyn technology startup has released a minimalist cell phone that only allows for basic functions like calling, texting, and navigation. I don't know is calling really a basic function? I use the compass or that I use calling?
Speaker 2: No kidding, no kidding.
Speaker 6: I've got a friend, a handful of friends who call without warnings, without texting, Hey, is now a good time?
Speaker 1: I mean they just call you. I've gotten used to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder if that could make a comeback.
Speaker 6: We all grew up with it. It's fine you look and say, oh it's Jim. We all grew up and say how's it going?
Speaker 2: Over forty, maybe you grew up with it, But if you're under forty, you did not grow up with it. So it is startling to get a phone call out of nowhere. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, we're a soft people.
Speaker 2: So we got into this a little bit yesterday and the One More Thing podcast, and Joe asked if there are more of these stats than there are, because the lead stat is one out of fifty men believe they can outrun a horse. This is just funny. I mean that's not very many. That's a half a percent of men, But a half a percent of men are really stupid. I mean, that's what we're learning. One out of fifty, one out of fifty. Yeah, that sounds like two percent to me, right, Oh yeah, you're right, you're right. But still it's just that's just it's ridiculous. I mean, how are you in a position where you think you can out run a horse?
Speaker 6: If I'm an employer, that's question number one on the job application.
Speaker 1: Can you outrun a horse?
Speaker 6: If they say yes, I say we're through here, unless it's a particular horse that's old and broken down.
Speaker 2: Uh, not that you probably need these statistics. But the fastest horse ever recorded ran about forty miles an hour. The fastest human that has ever run, Hussein Bolt, ran at twenty eight miles per hour. So you can outrun a horse. But that's not the only animals they looked at, and among other other feets, other animals that men a small number of men think they could outrun crocodiles and elephants. I don't have any concept of how fast a crocodile is over a short distance. I know alligators are very fast, faster than you. Another eleven percent believe they which is you know, eleven percents. A higher number say they could outsprint a house cat. No, you can't.
Speaker 6: You've never seen a cat run their catlike in their quickness.
Speaker 2: Women were much more likely to admit that they'd lose a race to a non human creature than men. For some reason. It's a mand and I I could outrun a They got all kinds of rocket. Did you know cats play fetch? My daughter video called me the other night. She was playing fetch with one of her cats. Was thrown a little plastic spring in the thing. It'd run and bat it around and grab it and then bring it right back to her feet and drop it like a dog. What Katie?
Speaker 8: Oh No, I was just thinking all the guys thinking they can outrun these animals, or if they've tried, this.
Speaker 2: Is why women live longer.
Speaker 1: I'm worried about that crocodile.
Speaker 2: Crocodile was at the top of the list that men thought they could outrun, followed by elephant, hippopotamus, rabbit, rabbit. Have you ever seen a rabbit run? Are you crazy? Goat? House cat, swarm of bees. Whether I can out run a storm of bees, I'm not exactly sure.
Speaker 8: The number of videos online of guys trying to destroy bee or wasp hivees and then having to run they never end well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh no, no, no, terrible idea. Mongoose, kangaroo, cheetah and ostrich cheat it. Now, come on, you're just a comp leaked moron. Like if you don't have the childhood knowledge of the cheetahs, the fastest animal that could persuade you that no, you can outrun it, then you are deciding to be eaten by a cheetah. You really do, but even better than that. And then they got fox, deer, zebra, horse. Just it's just just dumb dumb as could be um or or you're dumb or even a weirder kind of strange. You need to claim you can even though you know you can't. I don't know. I don't know what that is of men are confident they could lift a chimpanzee off the ground. Just the question I'm always wondering about chimp power lifting. What chimp's on the ground, he's getting wet, What shall I do? I wonder if I could? He's too tired to make it to the uber or wherever we're going. I guess I better pick him up and carry him. Um. Eighteen percent of men say they could beat a chimpanzee in an arm wrestling match.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's get it on.
Speaker 6: But it's clubbing you over the head with your bloody stump.
Speaker 1: I will be chuckling.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the point of those statistics was other than a small percentage of men or just morons.
Speaker 6: Well, and there was one about percent of men who thought they could lift a bear over there.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, you can't lift a bear. Well maybe you have tiny bear, but the bear clean and jerk. The newest Olympics, the contest are out running a swarm of bees. How are you gonna get to go on a straight line for any distance? Whatsoever?
Speaker 6: That's what I Oh, No, Katie is so right? You think you cannot warrant to run a swarm of bees. You'd better not be allergic.
Speaker 2: Uh what did you say you got coming up?
Speaker 6: A uh?
Speaker 1: Woke?
Speaker 6: Watch you and I Jack, we have been unfortunately too soft on a university within spitting disc into the radio ranch University of California Davis, which is the Columbia University of the West. Perhaps in its militant leftism. It's violence against conservatives. It's anti free speech poison. That's coming up. Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Not going to talk about tariffs, Sair not going to talk about tariff Shire just let you know ahead of time. But I spent the break reading about tarriffs. And I'm really wondering when we're going to start seeing endless headlines about what things cost on Walmart shelves or on Amazon.
Speaker 6: Oh, as soon as possible, I mean, yeah, the lefty media as excited as they can beat a bad mouth Trump, And if he makes a mistake, well yeah, they're going to call him on it. But I'm hoping that doesn't last. More on that to come. Also coming up. I promised this last hour and we'll try to squeeze it in a close relative of an inmate at San Quentin. Oh, I'm sorry, did this I say inmate? I think I'm supposed to say justice system involved individual?
Speaker 2: No? No, not really.
Speaker 6: Anyway, who's at the infamous San Quentin prison in northern California, which is converting from an old style prison into a Norwegian style counseling center of some sort for the murderers. The account is at least amusing, turning and troubling drum circle. But first it's time for.
Speaker 2: Woke watch like this music, whoa Blutch? Everything woke turns to shep. You know what woke means.
Speaker 5: It means you're a loser.
Speaker 2: I don't know how I feel about the salty language.
Speaker 6: It also means you're a postmodernist, neo Marxist hater of Western civilization, trying to tear it down for your perverse ideology. Having said that, I am always hammering the drum that we've made a little progress on this sort of stuff, but the woke forces are marching forward as fast as they can. We mentioned the other day that there is an incredibly high tolerance of the idea of murdering Elon musk Er, Donald Trump, on folks lefts of center, or destroying Tesla dealerships.
Speaker 1: Jack urged a.
Speaker 6: Note of caution that some of that is just online posturing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I definitely think it is. But we still shouldn't be tolerant of it.
Speaker 6: Oh certainly not, because I think you know, if you have, for instance, forty I'm sorry, fifty five percent of left of center respondents saying there is at least some justification for murdering Donald Trump. Fifty five percent that might translate into five percent in the real world, and that's a horrifying number anyway. That will set the table for what we're about to talk about. I think perhaps we've been a bit soft on you see Davis University, California.
Speaker 1: Davis, California.
Speaker 6: It's not far from Sacramento if you don't know the ground where violent thugs destroyed all sorts of equipment and tense and the set for a speech by Brandon Tatum, who is a conservative activist that happens to be a black man. He's a former police officer, a cop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I finally saw the video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I watched that.
Speaker 6: Look, I'm an older fella and haven't thrown dogs in many moons, but I wanted to.
Speaker 1: Fight somebody for a couple of reasons. Go ahead and play twenty three, Michael E.
Speaker 6: The nature of the audio underplays the totality what's happening because a lot of it's too far away to be caught on audio.
Speaker 2: Get the cop.
Speaker 6: So what's happening is you've got a bunch of all black clad and masked Antifa goons smash up the tents and the equipments and the reading materials and microphones and everything else of the Turning Point people, and infuriatingly that people are calling and there are several clips of this at several different points in the frak is calling for the cops to do something, and the university Diversity police just stood by and watched it, kind of stood off, making sure nobody was getting their head split open. But the destruction of property and physical assaults of the Turning Point people were completely tolerated.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't you know we had this problem with was a UCLA. I guess when you had the demonstrations around Israel and Palestine. I guess it's a couple of years ago now, but I remember seeing it at the same time. There were cops there. Why didn't they do anything? And I guess the argument was they don't get involved unless the violence actually happens or something. But I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't get that apparently, and I'm not justifying it. I'm just trying to describe it. It's a lot like excuse me, hockey referees who will let the combatants fight until somebody is down, and could really get pummeled. Of course in hockey they're gentlemanly about it and they don't pummel once they're on the ground. But it's until somebody's heads getting split open. We're just gonna let them go at it. Attitude by the cops, that's the only thing I can guess as to.
Speaker 1: St channing. All cops are bastards.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get sidetracked, because this is not the point of your thing. But I don't get that at all. If somebody's destroying my stuff, now I've got to throw a punch to stop play stuff from being destroyed, and then you will probably be arrested before the people's sworn to serve and protect protect my stuff.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 6: I don't get that at all, and you will then have to spend weeks or months of your life, uh, getting recompense for your property for instance, camera gear, tense events, signage tables. Not to make the physical assaults on the staff. It's Charlie Kirk put it. We're extremely lucky no one was seriously injured. Oh right, I just it would be I would be.
Speaker 2: I'd be sitting there on the ground trying to wrap my head around this is the United States of America. I showed up here with a point of view, handing out pamphlets and got attacked, and nobody did anything to stop it. And everybody says it's okay that that happened just because it's from the left. It would be hard to wrap my head around that. It would turn you into a militant right winger. It could make you violent, and certainly so. Just for the.
Speaker 6: Record, the University of California Davis will tolerate masked individuals perpetrating violence against conservatives. The cops will stand by and watch it happen. That is UC Davis. That's your intellectual freedom. Shame on you, except you don't have the capacity for it. You like hate speech. I hate you for the university structure you have built in the culture.
Speaker 1: I hate you for it.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess it gets to that whole. No longer believing in free speech, the whole free speech has limits thing that we heard from the NPR person.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we will set those limits.
Speaker 2: We're at a level where we can decide what free speech is okay and what isn't. And this isn't, so we're not allowing exactly.
Speaker 6: So how did it get there, Well, how did we get to this point? Well, the Association of California School Administrators is holding a conference titled Lead with Pride Summit, Out Proud and Moving Forward at the Weston and Anaheim at the end of this month. The summit is every bit as horrific as it sounds, rights Kenny Snell, and will be attended if last year's someone is hit by any metric by district superintendents, County Office of Education, personnel administrators, teachers, DEI managers, activists, education college professors, and drag queens from around the state. The reason I bring this stuff up is it is not on the retreat. It is still marching forward the Marxist twist the philosophy of these people. Here are a few key takeaways from perusing the session guide again, this is going to be taught to k through grad school people in the state of kel Uni of Cornea. The first is that it's nearly impossible to read and dry hurl at the same time, Kenny writes. But beyond that, you'll find that deib now belonging is included. It is becoming more common, as is family engagement.
Speaker 1: Elsewhere.
Speaker 6: Perhaps we'll see a blending of these terms and the dropping of DEI in the future. As Marxist controlled education continues its quest to gain access to every home. Belonging of course, refers to being down with the gender ideology cult and how to recruit new members from public schools. Gender support plans are involving into gender action plans, which dictate behavior not just for the confused child and enabling adults at school, but for the entire family as well. In other words, these school administrators and others are being taught how to reach out into your home and say, Johnny is now Jenny. We have assisted in her transition, and here's what you need to do now in the home. There is also intent to circumvent any existing or future laws to teach students that hormones are safe with no side effects and all about trans reproduction and how you can become a woman and still have babies.
Speaker 1: In California schools, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: We can talk about the most egregious session debatable, the Rainbow Connection, the story of building a dynamic partnership. It was presented by Jennifer Robles of the Stockton Unified School District, a school counselor, program specialist and District LGBTQ plus point person and Jonathan Lopez of the San Joaquin Pride Center. Lopez also earns money from the drag queen world and fetish porn on audible by the way, when he's not teaching your children. According to the session bio, Lopez was the first drag queen to ever perform in the California State Capital and will Coote quote continue to use their act to spread awareness of LGBTQ plus rights.
Speaker 2: I still don't get the drag queen thing. I don't get how this caught on and how so much of society is acts like drag queens have just always been a thing. What do you mean didn't you have drag queens showing up in school when you were a kid? Okay? Now, what where did this come from and how did it end up being?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: It's so nuts.
Speaker 6: And this activist brags about working with children in dance programs and using his per host sona Helen Heels to educate people about gender expression to quality and lgbt plus history.
Speaker 1: You know, the appeal of it.
Speaker 6: I don't get the effort is that it's a fairly fun and innocent seeming way to issue us to the little children, the idea that there's no such thing as men and women.
Speaker 1: You can be whatever you want.
Speaker 2: God, I'm in the midst of this right now, where my son has to take the required California and you health sex said thing whatever they call it. They've got a euphemism for it. That is all this stuff, and you can opt out to certain parts of it. But I gotta like look at it closely to figure out it's just a mess. Just I just hate it so much. I'm just like, can we just skip it all? I don't need him to learn any of that crap, none of it. How about reading, writing, science? The end? I don't need any of this. Yeah.
Speaker 6: That reminds me of a Twitter threat I saw from a third grade teacher about how we have to fight the fascist and fight this and we need to fight to teach the kids about LGBT issues. Do you seriously think of third grade teachers as political fighters as opposed to teaching the kids how to effing read?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we have a problem with education in this formal horrifying.
Speaker 2: If we were at one hundred percent of kids coming out of school reading and doing math at all, right, at proficiency level, it would still I'd still be horrified.
Speaker 6: But we're not even close right right, it's a miserable, miserable failure on that level. Final story, Just because we're running out of time, We've been following the battle in Colorado at least a little bit. A Colorado Democrat like in parent groups to the KKK during a committee hearing over a bill that could charge parents with coercive control in custody battles if they dead, name or misgender their child.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 6: If you call Johnny Johnny when the activists at school, like those we've been talking about, have convinced Johnny to become Jenny, you.
Speaker 1: Are abusing your child.
Speaker 6: You are a child abuser, according to the Colorado law pushed through a slate. The Colorado Democratic House pushed through a slate of controversial gender and abortion bills on Sunday, Kurt tailing floor debate in what Republican lawmakers called an unprecedented tactic should alarm every American. The Colorado's majority used a Sunday, a day typically reserved for family in prayer, to force through four of the most extreme bills of the session.
Speaker 1: According to the the minority leader.
Speaker 6: Said, the weekend works as a tactic the majority uses to punish the minority. It's especially unprecedented this time because the highly controversial nature of the bills.
Speaker 2: It's another one of those I don't get the politics of it, because this has got to be another eighty twenty issue, even in Colorado.
Speaker 6: Just briefly, the bills require taxpayers to fund abortion services, mandated insurers to cover transgender procedures regardless of age.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 6: Yes, insurers must charge or cover cruel experiments on confused children if their parents are so delusional or terrified that they give the okay.
Speaker 2: And those imposed who have ever been turned down by insurance company for something legit, the little annoying that the insurance company is going to have to cover that stuff, right.
Speaker 6: The state of Colorado also imposes state mandated gender activism on schools and considers it coercive control in child custody cases when a parent does not affirm a child's gender as established by the actctivists at school, and it also prohibits cooperation with out of state investigators on transgender procedures and abortions for minors. Colorado has lost its mind. It's become as sick as California and Oregon. That is a shame. That's why I vow to fight this stuff. It is not on the retreat, is on the march.
Speaker 2: Where are you're going to start seeing prices go up first? If these Chinese tariffs that started at midnight last night stay, We can get to that at some point, among other things. Stay with us.
Speaker 5: At a white house of anysay celebrating the Los Angeles Dodgers World Series championship, President Trump praise star players, show Aotani an added quote, He's got a good future. I'm telling you not exactly a bold prediction. I think that guy who won three MVP awards could turn out to be a pretty good ball player.
Speaker 2: Hi you doing, Welcome to the show. Where are the tariff's going to hit first? If this Chinese tariff thing sticks around that landed at midnight last night, we're tariffing one hundred and four percent at one hundred and four percent China starting at midnight last night. And uh whoo wee last very long long.
Speaker 6: DJT and Winnie the Pooh are in a who's a tougher guy? Stare down right now. It'll be interesting to watch unfold and.
Speaker 2: I might be buying a new computer soon, which quite possibly all or some of it came from China, so who knows what that'll cost. I was at I mentioned I've got like five hours invested in trying to get my son's PC to work just so he can play Minecraft and a variety of things. And it was online with the Geek Squad, and it's I don't know if you've ever done that before, where they take over your computer and you sit there and watch them. Anyway, they spelled the people. Yeah an hour and I worked on it and everything like that, and Sara is fixed, and then I got off the phone with him, and then we went back to using the computer and it was exactly the same before we started. Anyway, I'm a big fan of best Buy and what they do and all the Geek Squad, but that did not work, so I had ended up taking it actually in and being there for another many hours and leaving it there overnight. I'll skip all of that crap. I hate the fact that computers become PCs, especially become outdated so fast. I mean, it's just feels like you just bought it and they tell you, no, yeah, this is beyond you. Know, bringing up to speed for the new this or that. So you just got to get it all new. One am I down to one minute? Michael two minutes. Okay, here's the thing I learned that was the most interesting though, So my videographic card, he said, it's just he said, this is like an antique compared by today's standards. The computer's only a couple of years old. But he showed it to me, and they used to be like a little green board with some solder marks on it. Now, if you have a newer computer, you know this, or if you've looked inside it, the graphic board looks like its own computer. I mean it's a big, thick, giant, complicated thing. And he said, the reason this happened, this is the part I found very interesting was bitcoin mining. Bitcoin mining is all about the speed an ability of your graphics card. China started really pumping up that in their their their their bitcoin mining factories. He was explaining to me. And I've seen pictures of him. Maybe you have these giants. They look like a greenhouse or something, and they use Nintendo's so best the best fastest way to do it is with like Nintendo switches or or what do you call some of those games, I don't know the names of them, PlayStations, that sort of stuff. They got the fastest graphic stuff and everything like that, so they have thousands upon thousands of those in big rooms of fans blowing on them. With the most up to date graphics cards you can get bitcoin mining. It's all about the bitcoin mining. So that made the whole video graphics card thing explode. And now if you don't have one of the new modern ones, none of the programs work on them, and so you're you're outdated. But it was all driven by the bitcoin mining, which I couldn't understand less. I mean, you talk about something I don't understand.
Speaker 6: Uh, you kind of swap that old lemon out, get yourself a new ZOOMI want and enjoy it for the next eighteen months.
Speaker 2: Still it's obsolete, exactly.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty