Speaker 1: It is Drink Chests, motherfucking podcast makesime.
Speaker 2: He's a legendary queens rapper, he's a greedish Your boy in O R E.
Speaker 3: He's a Miami hip hop yon there p up as DJ.
Speaker 4: E f N.
Speaker 3: Together they drink it up with some.
Speaker 5: Of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And the most professional unprofessional.
Speaker 3: Podcast and your number one source for drunk drink chess every day is New Year's E. Listen, It's time for drink Champions.
Speaker 5: Drink up, motherfuck mother, what a good be over with the boy in O R E. What up is DJ E f N And this is Drink Chests, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: When I tell you we started this show, we said we wanted to give people that's legends, the people that paved the way, people that came before us, people that's coming right after us, are with us this this episode today.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I couldn't sleep at one point, man, because I'm going through these two brothers discography by themselves. Then I'm thinking about what they're doing together, two projects that they had together, and when I'm thinking about how good it sounds and how musically music like. When I'm listening today, I'm like, this is.
Speaker 5: Music, bro, Like I'm like the new album, which you know, I have a song called Holy Mouakami. That album is so fucking phenomenal.
Speaker 1: And if you want to feel how it feels to listen to global music that happened to be made in the West Coast, that album is it. So in case you don't know what the fuck we talk about, we talked about Motherfuckers, a legendary I called DJ Motherfucker Queen. I can't tell you how dope it was listening to this project, how refreshing it is, because it's like, it's music, it's dope, it's music, it's content. You Motherfuckers's funny, you know what I'm saying. And you're keeping the West Coast. Who I did was that for y'all two to come together this this guy.
Speaker 2: You got the playing with my fucking hero man, I'm gonna do it, you know, Okay, this time around was purely accidental. Though he just bought a new crib. You know, he'd niggas all the time. He ended up tapping in with me, like what you're doing? I was recording, He like pull up. I was like, fucking, I'm gonna come through. I packed up my studio, went over there.
Speaker 3: He's like, you got your studio with you like all the time.
Speaker 5: Where you yo.
Speaker 3: When he facetied me, I was recording in my office.
Speaker 2: He's like, what you're doing. I'm like jotting down some ideas. I mean, bring that ship over.
Speaker 3: He had an empty new house. I had carpenters in their buildings. So then there hammering, turning down walls and shipga my nigga came in, popped up in the living room and set the ship down. I'm like, my nigga got the studio mobile, Like I ain't think of that, and then you just start banging out. It started some ships start coming out there. I started geting a little what do you call that?
Speaker 5: The cleft palette nigga?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: He allowed me, He allowed me to be me bro and then I just told him, like, man, we're gonna make it as easy as possible. Man, My god, Jay Worthy came in and helped an artist situation and it just.
Speaker 3: Exacted producer and one.
Speaker 2: Of the forty days of Mad This Man, the album came out.
Speaker 1: So let me ask right, because one of my favorite things about doing this show is asking the artists, what's there?
Speaker 5: What they drinking?
Speaker 1: So when I asked, they said, y'all was drinking Ace of Spade. That's true, right, We're gonna drink some a space. So this is what I want to do. I've never did this on the show. I've been having this bottle in my house for years. I've never brun this bottle out when y'all said, I'm a Shampain drinker.
Speaker 5: But when the other artists, when other.
Speaker 1: Artists say they going to drink drink vodka with them, they said, so I was so happy.
Speaker 3: I was like, got classic.
Speaker 1: So I said, let me let me not only bring a spaper, let me bring one of these special bottles. Look, look that is all that I show from that. That is from Katier. That is from Katier. It's not Yeah, yeah, you got so rich. I wanted to drink this. Y'all, brothers, you know what I'm saying. You can't even buy that. Yes, yes, So we went out, got glasses and ship. We tried to have to you know, make sure y'all right, we got fancy. So let me ask y'all man, the West coast feels so much I don't want to say back, right, because it's not like you're left somewhere, but it's just like it's it's like a euphoric energy that's out there right now.
Speaker 5: It's like.
Speaker 1: You understand what I'm trying to say. It's like it feels unified, feels like a rebirth. Not only unification, it feels like a rebirth. It just felt so good. Like, how do y'all feel? How do you how you feeling about that?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 3: Ship Man?
Speaker 2: I think it kicked off with Tiger allis time the year with Kanye and the dog Town Yeah right right, you know what I'm saying, and that's coming with our project, and then Kemvick just just fucking taking.
Speaker 3: Over the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it all kind of just happened like nobody kind of knew what was going on, and ship Man, y'all got to see us all together for the first time, even like while we were doing the pop out, like the Dog County, A Quick and Snoop was.
Speaker 7: In Canada together, Like while my regime was doing we were doing at home, they were back together in Canada and it just looked crazy to the outside world.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Look at everybody's working. I can't really say a time where like the.
Speaker 3: Younger guys are working.
Speaker 2: The OG's in the vets, so it's kind of like we jumped on a little bit on accident.
Speaker 5: How do you feel quick about that? Man?
Speaker 3: It's uh, you know, me being trying to be reclusive and kick back and just stay out and the cut to be outside. It's crazy to me, like I'm actually outside and people are approaching me, people approaching me, like yo, man, you understand love, it's good to see you outside.
Speaker 5: And I'm like this, this nig this got me all over here ship.
Speaker 3: You know, it's that thirty four years with you, thirty three thirty three, okay, make so much for.
Speaker 1: That's last six months out here?
Speaker 5: That sounding you gotta get it on camera. She's smart, she got it.
Speaker 1: Don't already, That's what I God, damn it, so hold on, hold on, so let's let's let's let's get into the new album right. One thing I liked it well, I loved is the sound sounds new and classic at the same time. At the same time. It's like it's like you can't you know it's classic, you know it's classic, but it's also that new flavor. You know what I'm saying. So this is a question that I think I know the answer. Did y'all make the project together? Like like meaning like that was in the same studio at the same time.
Speaker 2: He had to be.
Speaker 5: Like, that's what I remote.
Speaker 3: Remote recording is a great concept where you got Jiggle on the East coast, you got you know, Rick Ross or Rick Rick Rock on the west and they just share the you know, send the files and we'll mix it. There's no synergy with that, you know what I mean, there's it's just it's it's semantics, it's work. It's like, yeah, we got the vocals, all right, go ahead, upload them. You know, Nigga start putting his plugins on, sending back y'all like it, Man, take some of the plugins.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: It's but when you right there doing it and y'all agree immediately, it makes the project move that much faster because we'll play with a song and it'd be like that's enough. We ain't gonta do shit else. We'll do something right away. Like you know, if you need to change a vocal, I go out of the room. I go in there and start cooking, making tacos or whatever. My man is in there.
Speaker 5: You know, he's a power approach tools power us.
Speaker 3: Here and it's typing quiet turned to the mic, who last Bogus Like, all right, I got that. Then I'll come and change it because we got two different styles of using pro tools. I'll switch it back to my way and be short key. I'll be trying to show you my short because you're like, I learned it one way. I'm keeping it one with Okay, I see all your business. Then niggas celebrit you start popping up his ship.
Speaker 5: I'm in there.
Speaker 3: This there, why we's come in the game.
Speaker 5: Why you know what walking in? Even the features was done together. Everything was done in forty days. Bro.
Speaker 2: I like to call it like elevating nostalgia. It's like we want to make sure that the album started with what quick fan base it's known for it, but with using newer sounds and then me thinking of where the West is about to go and where the world's about to go. That's where you get the case nowge the channel treasures on the second half. So everything was done intentional. As far as the features though, like the ones that are the people from.
Speaker 5: La they came.
Speaker 2: But Jay jay Worthy, Bro, you're gonna hear his name of a lot of his interview. Once we brought him in to do, like the n R stuff. I would get a call like, yo, send me that beat, and then the day later the currency future pop up or send me that other one, Larry Jone Future will pop up seeing the other one ce Low pop up and you're like, oh ship, So now we're like building around them. Yeah, we're facetiming on face time a little John like, oh, how you want to do this? Boom boom boom bro That forty days was madness. I've never done an album with that.
Speaker 5: You forgot.
Speaker 3: Little John was preparing for the super Bowl, so he didn't have time.
Speaker 5: What made time to be on that? On that workout sit.
Speaker 3: In the back, it was like, yeah, he's like mush rushed me right now, but I'm finishing at the time. I don't know what he's talking about. I'm like, all right, well, I'm gon taking what you got.
Speaker 2: Next week the super Bowl, the week before his biggest moment, He's send us out something for tu for cop.
Speaker 5: Couldn't I couldn't believe it. Bro shott to John, God damn.
Speaker 1: But coming to coming into this project knowing you know, and then this is the question for you knowing Quick's history, man, you know that he's done all legendary ship, He's still iconic. Was that was that like a burden on your back because you don't want to be the one project relationship already?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: This this this worked up the legacy, not a lot on you.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's like it was the complete opposite, Like, can't fuck it up with you around something this great because he's.
Speaker 3: Not gonna let you.
Speaker 5: He'll stop you.
Speaker 2: Like nah, No, I'm not putting my name on this if it don't work. I've seen him do it with other artists, so I knew what it was going in and you know what I'm saying, and he knows, he knows where I want to go, and he knows I'm ready to push the limit. Like he the one who reminds me to stay dangerous when we do music. Wow, so long as I stay under the tuolage of what he's been teaching me since we met in six oh seven, Like nah, I'm like nah. Plus after funk, I'm telling he was a new house bro. I walk in and he hadn't put the plaques up yet, so they were just stacked all up on his fireplace and I'm talking about all eyes on me right here, Jai Jackson right here.
Speaker 3: Black album right here.
Speaker 2: No, there's no way in hell we're not going to make an amazing album with this type of vision in front of me.
Speaker 4: Everything.
Speaker 2: There's like two hundred million in plaques right here.
Speaker 3: Every day like then, he's making fire tacoup, he's popping shot.
Speaker 2: And he just made it feel like he let me make it feel like it was my home, bro, and it just for me.
Speaker 5: It's like, this is the reason why I do music. Bro.
Speaker 2: I'm a young kid from Compton listening to safe and sound so I won't get in trouble on the low. And for him, first time I even got to really see him. For Terris Martin brought this nigga in my house one in the morning. They were working on ego tripping, Like y'all gotta pee. I'm like, what you mean, just open the door. This nigga come running in my house and comps in.
Speaker 5: In two thousand and.
Speaker 2: Eight, I got to pee blood at the time. I ain't I ain't worth shit. I'm like, oh my god, nobody's gonna believe this snick quicker in his house peing, bro. So I had to take a picture, but my mom because it's like one in the morning.
Speaker 5: So the say, hey, hey, you hungry.
Speaker 3: I'm like yeah.
Speaker 2: He like, I'm about to go make homemade posta and homemade PILs from scratch.
Speaker 5: You want to go to the studio. We went to the grocery store.
Speaker 2: This nigga literally made posta from scratching apple pie? Is that?
Speaker 3: Say to god?
Speaker 2: This is my first really counterwe turn I swear, yeah, I'll cook for you. It was one in the morning. He's fine through commed it out.
Speaker 5: Of course.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they were doing, and they were doing something doing cocaine.
Speaker 3: There it is, but they came out the walk off.
Speaker 1: By the way, I love the hip. I've been saving this ship for so long. And this is a special moment. Man, this is a special moment.
Speaker 3: He left out something important when that after I came out, washed up, came.
Speaker 5: Out of the bathroom. I look up.
Speaker 3: This nigga got a studio on the den like I had. That's how I came up like Quis. The name was done in a in a kitchen nook with my turn table was on the ironing board.
Speaker 2: So I seen him with it.
Speaker 5: I'm like, you know, Brook, memory like, you got a studio up? Sht up there. He's showing me a little ship on pro tools.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, I'm gonna learn that, but we gotta go back to the studio they put up.
Speaker 5: I had one of my ponds. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: They used to do the things he used to do.
Speaker 5: He knew I did music.
Speaker 3: So he came out with.
Speaker 2: He like, bro, I got all this, I got all this quip. I don't know what you need, but just take what you need. So I started building this this studio. You engineer yourself, yeaheer So yeah, engineer makes not like this.
Speaker 5: Get it so sufficient?
Speaker 3: Yeah? For sure?
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 5: Well quick, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: I guess it's a two part question because it never seemed like you had a dry time. It just seems like you've always been, for lack of a better term, that nigga. You always and not only that, it always seems seemed like you was never out of the loop. Sometimes when a person can continue to be that person, they won't relate to the new generation, or they'll be out of the loop or someone.
Speaker 5: How do you maintain that?
Speaker 1: Because to me, it seems like you're in the loop and you've never kind of like fell off, I had a dry spell. That shit is amazing to me.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that, you know. I just looked at you know there. We have our times to be effective in hip hop, and sometimes some of us push it too much and put out records a little too early just because we called a way with the last record, you want to cash in.
Speaker 5: I did that one time.
Speaker 3: I followed Rhythmalism with Balance and Options, and I didn't quite finish Balance and Options. Plus my homeboy Monsburg was murdered during the time I was making that record, so I didn't finish it with the QUI I thing. It's quality. I love quality control. I love making sure it shit sound good and last forever. That's my whole thing. But when that when that part came and I put out that record and it didn't go go, it didn't played. That was my first record that didn't plack. So that was like a signal to RAS like, uh oh in the wall, that's it, get out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was on as Clive Days on the Boss, you know, shout out to Clyde. So then I just I asked for a release. I was like, maybe it's time. Maybe it's time for me to sit down. I got a record that didn't plack, and I, you know, being a kid, I should have shut the fuck up and just sat down and saved my budget till later, till when it's sign.
Speaker 5: But I stopped doing my ship.
Speaker 3: And then just started fucking with everybody else, Like I just went underground, got a release from Arista. Then when I started fucking with Doctor Dre with the M and M and fifty cent shit, and I started went, I went fucking with R and B shit. I was like Dina Howard and you know, uh, Jeborah Cox and Jannet Jackson, and you know, I just was just producing, like like fucking I'm just stay underground and you know, pull up to these studios and a little you know, little little the little e class bits, not the bigs, you know, jumping.
Speaker 5: Out with a drummer.
Speaker 3: She I even moved to fucking New York for three years bro in two thousand before the towers fell in Chelsea Village.
Speaker 8: Son Wow, I was on six and twenty seven.
Speaker 3: I was on Avenue in Americas in twenty seventh Street.
Speaker 1: So the person, a person is looking and saying that like because like, again, your career is just luxurious, man, you know what I'm saying. And there's so many people quite heil on Monday, that'll be going on Wednesday, and you blast to have this crazy career. If a kid is looking at that right now saying I want to basically like like be behind DJ quick.
Speaker 5: What would you what advice would you say to all?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 3: It's a it's a tough road, but you have to keep believing in what you do, even if don't nobody else believe it, because sometimes you have to make them understand that they need to believe in what you're doing, and they'll do that with you're being consistent. After a while, it's like if you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten, you know, join them.
Speaker 5: And I think you mentioned quality. I think that's a key thing too to you.
Speaker 6: Like everything you put the most quality, and it's the consistency of the quality. A lot of people don't, they don't care about the quality, just might not be consistent, no quality at all. But your stuff always sounded good as on point.
Speaker 5: It always was. The quality was right there.
Speaker 1: That was That was one of the best things about the album too, was the secret sing and you know how you know it was all put together.
Speaker 5: Like how you like all sounded clips just got you over here.
Speaker 1: So it's sounds like if your engineer was working, Yeah right, we were.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think I think the beauty of us both being engineers makes it where you're not waiting or having to tell somebody your ideas. It's like, if he hears something, he can like I get up here, I got it, and then he can execute.
Speaker 3: It and then go to doing it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, hey, I want to make this the late clop like this, He'll just hop ups down, whoop. So it made it go real fast and the luxury already he's DJ quick, but we're doing a song and it's probably about to get mixed right when we're done, so it just cuts the time down.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: The signal flow is going in perfect because all the clocks he got, and if you get to talk from clocks and and and synergy and what way goes through. You know, Bro's to the point where we have to mix. Ship Like I'm already going in mixed shout in my voice. It was crazy, it was crazy. He's on one, He's onto one. I bought some different.
Speaker 9: Yeah, what was that was that?
Speaker 5: That was dope? That was it's you know, I'm into the engineering side of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just took me off. What the hell was that was talking about talking about the clocks? Oh yeah, so you know, you got to spend a little money to get these records to sound like as best they can. Like some of us try to go back to the way shit used to sound with the you know, the tapes, but that shit.
Speaker 5: Is like it's just not economical.
Speaker 3: It's just you can't pull a tape machine in your fucking house, but you can get these cool pre amps. So I bought these new pre ams because I'm like, if we're going to do a new record, let's go for a whole new sound. I mean, we've been using this ship for the longest. This shit is getting dated. I bought new fucking a to D's. I bought a new fucking Vibeman. What's it called, a little pre am Io one, a little new Neve or focus, Right, we got new microphones. We plugging the shit in testing tests and test test tests, and the shit sound like how this shit sound right now? It just sounded super dumb ass clean, And when it's clean. It's like you just come up with these other ideas because it's like, this don't sound like the noyman you know microphone I'm using like in eighty five when I'm doing safe the sound, this is some new bright, too clean shit. So you know it's another sound.
Speaker 5: So we just we we did it with the music too.
Speaker 3: We just went to another pool of music, another pool of samples, like, let's match this whole new microphone sound with these new sound and beats.
Speaker 2: And this got quarterback with some like minded people though too, like Dominique Sanders. I want to shot him out ever so bad. He came in into a lot of heavy lifting production wise with us, crazy cat out of fucking Kansas City. But he knew the language right, so where where we I would say, we're probably older than him. He knew the while we were dialing the way we dial in. He'll be sitting over there and the cut having his whiskey on a computer doing able to speeding up the ship. We need sped up and just be like all plug in. Yeah, and when you got three in the that's like already understanding the rhythm like by song three. That's why we ended up with like forty something records.
Speaker 6: Y'all was working and vocally though y'all like lyrically it was there like y'all was challenging each other, like how was that doing the vocals and lyrically, man coming after the.
Speaker 5: Records, be a little candid this nigga on me.
Speaker 3: I'm in the back room on my PS five killing the motherfuckers on Sniper Leaf five and ship gun niggas down, knocking the eyeballs out, and then he'll I'll hear something and I'll run in there.
Speaker 5: My fucking Jordan Shorte was like.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, let me hear that play that turn that up that nigga turned up and be like okay, cool. So I'll be in there thinking writing and he'll be like, hey, it's ready for vocals. I go in there, jump on the micsit down and record my vocals to match what I'm hearing, Like, let me jump in this shit.
Speaker 5: It's almost like, you know, it's like double Dutch. It's like it was somebody jump in. But it was crazy too.
Speaker 2: One time we were working on the beat, like me and Dominic were doing something and we think the house is quiet, you know what I'm saying I'm just doing a drum.
Speaker 5: We're doing it.
Speaker 2: I'm riding the hook and then I just hear from the back, Yo, go down down down drums sleep. I said, huh, he can't walking out? Look down down down drums here, take this little bounds and he found it. He's like, all right, put those in there and then walk back like some Yoda ship.
Speaker 3: I just did it.
Speaker 5: I'm like, all right, put him in there and was he right?
Speaker 3: But I'm like, how the did he know?
Speaker 5: It's just on the game with headfall?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: How he heard this song was calling for that because of.
Speaker 3: The melody, like this was some some ship that dom dom it wrote and we ultimately ended up getting the Free Nationals on it because it's just so open.
Speaker 5: It's just on the too high waves. George Clinton Waz ended up hopping on it. That's in my notes. Man, you.
Speaker 1: Ask me ask something because I seen you say in the interview that one of the Llis people that you was in the studio was Tupac.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: It made me think about it today. What are the Tupac and Problem records sound like? Man, this man just gave me chills thinking about that. It's funny because this Nigga is Tupac junior.
Speaker 3: So Pak would have been trying to That's why I first, you know, and then then he would have after he signed him and making me respect him, then he would have showed you his ship in the vault. It was like, hey, give me something for this, or right, help me write this. I never seeing ask anybody to help him write anything, but for some reason, he probably would have trusted you to help him write ship.
Speaker 5: Like take the work off of me. That's not ready to hear. Bro that ship. That's very humbling to.
Speaker 1: Hear because I heard you say, like how how relentless he was in a student like he didn't really care, like he just wanted to keep working. I've never seen and I feel like I feel like that same energy from him. That's why I asked that question. And so you said they're the same energy.
Speaker 2: Okay, tours damn clost enough, Okay, did you did you think that?
Speaker 5: I would never?
Speaker 2: I mean, as common as I am, I would never think in my in my life, he.
Speaker 5: Jump, I'm not comparing the content, comparing the work ethic.
Speaker 2: I wasn't there to see it, you know what I'm saying. I've watched it through the TV screen and through stories. You know what I'm saying, And I we all thrived to be that. Like it's young and like god damn sniggas a monster. Like in seven years he did more than niggas have been here fifty years, like bro, so you had to have been working all day to have them type of movies and four and five albums that changed the world. So all us young West Coasts and Seeds were like, we want to do what he's doing, with Cox's doing, with Snoop's doing.
Speaker 5: But to hear that, it's crazy because.
Speaker 3: Your outlaw bro, like you do the same ship. That what he wanted the Outlaws to do. He was trying to train him to be like a militant ass hip hop band.
Speaker 5: But that's what you do naturally militant. You smashed it. You know. The white niggas, I'm playing no game.
Speaker 1: Some of that, I think the closest thing that we got to that. As far as like like impact, I would say DMX, But as far as work ethic, I'm gonna be honest with you, I would say pun but then he lost point. But I would say lul Wayne because like, like like everyone says that, he just he just doesn't want to leave.
Speaker 5: The studio, like you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, so yeah, that's interested in the head. So boom God comes down, says quick, I want you to produce All in the Same Game.
Speaker 5: Right now, and you like.
Speaker 1: This and you can use whatever West Coast artists there is dead or alive. No no, no, no no, Let's do one version alive right now? Do our live and then dead or alive? It's alive right now.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, I wouldn't even try to produce it. I was Let's see if I call called Andre young doctor, that's the first call I made, like Dre, Yeah, what up?
Speaker 2: Quick man? They want to do All in the Same Game twenty twenty five?
Speaker 3: Bro, Like we got we got jay Worthy, we got Kendrick, we got as, we got uh child Tresh who got of course this guy crap? Like and who else? Who else should I should I call? It's one more name? One more name, one more? Like seven groups? One more? There was the same game, one more. It's tough, one more? Who else would it be?
Speaker 5: Roddy Rich? Was you ready Rich?
Speaker 3: Or definitely Roddy?
Speaker 2: But the one more would be tough because I would want to hear the Tyler creator.
Speaker 5: I would want to hear Doja Cat Doja cass from from California. Yeah, really yeah, from California.
Speaker 2: I would uh, I would I would want to hear like you say, you said dom already, I would want.
Speaker 3: I would want to hear a g Perico. I would want to hear.
Speaker 2: Meet the Woops jay Worthy like you said, that'd be banged out all of the black hippie.
Speaker 5: That song would have to be twenty five minutes long. Yeah, because everybody got something to say.
Speaker 3: Now they don't want they they want they want fifteen minutes and fifty seconds of fame.
Speaker 5: Now want they want to hold onto it and roder.
Speaker 6: But not as many groups anymore, but at least in that the first one you had n w A and Digital Underground thing.
Speaker 5: Those are two groups.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 1: How many people was on the original? That was my next question. That's crazy. I was about to ask you. I was just waiting for you to finish. How many people was on the original? All the same?
Speaker 5: I know there was a version. I went on a video.
Speaker 6: Album.
Speaker 4: We have young on him.
Speaker 1: He said that he got a question for you to Yeah, he said, he said that he had an eight minute verse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he said there was two versions of it, two verses of it.
Speaker 1: He said he had an eight barbers and then he had a sixteen bar verse. So obviously for the longer version they cut it to eight.
Speaker 5: And it was like, wait, what did you know? It was?
Speaker 6: People down to how many verses because you count the groups King t Death, Jeff Blah, another group jj Fann of the group.
Speaker 2: Crazy story about we all in the same game, all right. I was able to get the tape before it came out, so microconception.
Speaker 5: Yes today, my auntie.
Speaker 2: So, I remember when he pulled up on ninety seventh Street by Jesse Owes part and my pops. He was like this, nigga right here, nigga pull. I'm like, what's going on? That was the first time I ever seen the Mercedes bands that you could drive my hand, yeah, because he was paralyzed and he got out the car and they got him out the car. He wanted to say, what's up to my grandparents or whatever. He's like, man, here you go, youngster, and he gave me the we all just came CD and the tape and his three X T shirt. But I couldn't fig when I asked my dad, like who is that guy?
Speaker 5: He was like, well, yeah, he was one start cripts over.
Speaker 3: Here and this is and that.
Speaker 2: Then the fast forward to now find out Top is his nephew, and all that Top is Mike. Yeah that's yeah, Top microconception.
Speaker 3: Is Top's uncle. Oh wow, this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember because I had posted we all in the same gang, and I told the story.
Speaker 3: And Punch like, foun you family family what you mean?
Speaker 5: He's like, you know, that's all. I'm like all and explained the doctor Drey the whole.
Speaker 1: It just explained you know, what's the illict thing about that record that I just found out that Young is not from the West Coast.
Speaker 5: And Jeff talked about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, self destruction was the after to we all in the same gang.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, was the other way around.
Speaker 6: But we noticed that self Destruction didn't have anybody that wasn't from the East coast of the Tristate area, but.
Speaker 1: They had coast people in the video though they had West Coast Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Mean saying lyrically.
Speaker 6: But because we were asking Young him c did did he feel awkward on that? He's like, no, he grew up, you know on on.
Speaker 5: He said he said. He immediately claimed l A. He was like fuck that.
Speaker 3: He was the layed what he was talking to he was on Delicious Yeah.
Speaker 5: Right, Okay, that's probably Matt Dyke and Mike Ross. Okay, now I'm actually both the same question him. Sixteen artists dead or alive quick producing it. We got doctor Dre and there Co producing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Who is they gotta be West Coast?
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, so mandatory. You gotta bring Eric back to the studio. Yeah, because you gotta.
Speaker 10: Know what, right, Okay, I gotta bring him back. Okay, gotta usually gotta bring Tupac Eazy, you gotta bring Coolio.
Speaker 5: You gotta bring.
Speaker 3: The female mc smooth, I think that was her name, Rest in peace. Gotta bring Smooth back. You gotta bring Shot back again.
Speaker 2: Who else?
Speaker 3: I am missing?
Speaker 5: Somebody?
Speaker 3: You gotta being krip nipped she hustle m hm. And just one more because I think we could do it.
Speaker 5: Everybody got a d D.
Speaker 3: They're not gonna listen to the thirty Verse songs these days.
Speaker 5: One more person. Who's the one more guy?
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I'm gonna go for my sixteenth That's it for me. I'm gonna go uh easy for sure. Yeah, Tupac for shure. That's three yeah yo s excuse myself, y G. Kendrick uh Tyler?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Who could have thrown at a bet? Asked backwards Billie Eilish, she from l.
Speaker 5: A A Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, throwing the white girl in that? I respect that got respect. Expected something like that.
Speaker 5: From Western life, Like.
Speaker 2: If wor Quick my name snoop corrupt, I would throw an instrumental instrumentalist in there.
Speaker 5: So get Tarris Martin. Mm hmm. How many is that?
Speaker 3: That's thirteen?
Speaker 5: Uh? Now I need somebody game?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Who the funk?
Speaker 5: Else?
Speaker 3: I need ice cube?
Speaker 5: Hell yeah?
Speaker 3: Uh uh?
Speaker 2: And one more?
Speaker 5: One more?
Speaker 3: Who is that last?
Speaker 5: This is? Uh yeah right up righting up right up. Let me get somebody the last time on the last one.
Speaker 3: Man in there?
Speaker 1: Go But let me ask you something just like m c A and what was it? What was the guy's name that was wasn't from the West Coast?
Speaker 5: Was on the record it was.
Speaker 3: Jeff?
Speaker 1: Could there be honorary West Coast? Like to me, whisky leave it is from Pittsburgh. We know he's from Pittsburgh, but to me, he adapted the l A lifestyle. He's like like he's like to me, he's an l A dude now, and I mean they all do, just my friend. You know, I'm saying that with respect, but actually I gotta, you know, not disrespect his origins of him being from Pittsburgh, and I respect that. But when I look at him now, he's just she bleeds. He believes l A beats boy too. He don't even believe like a game member type of Like I feel like he'd be surfing and ship like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 3: Rick James, Yeah, like he's a different kind of thing.
Speaker 5: What you what you consider that like a like an honorary How would consider wiz is from the house for sure?
Speaker 3: But I mean I would.
Speaker 2: Would, man, I think I think that we all in the same game. It's kind of saying something we I would want people from the East Coast only too right, you get what I'm saying, Like DMX would go crazy, but.
Speaker 1: That would be the rule. The rule is like it's mainly West Coast, and you know, we get to you get too honery, You get to a lot of rules on this.
Speaker 3: I want to share something with you. Go ahead, Well, this is what y'all probably don't know. Two thousand I took the job with Tom Willy at Warner Brothers.
Speaker 1: Got Warner Brothers and your sister snacked your bacon sandwich out your hand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you know it wasn't It was set up.
Speaker 2: To that job.
Speaker 3: Guess what is happening again?
Speaker 5: I got I got people that go shake people up for me.
Speaker 3: Now, I took that long on my own hands because the police wouldn't take me seriously. So I went there to myself and went to jail, so fucking and fun jail, and thought everybody that was there technically very CEOs and motherfucking Stress.
Speaker 1: Valley, executive vice president of Warner.
Speaker 3: Brothers, my nigga. When I was there, lots of artists would come through accident. This little female rapper. We had this girl, Debbie Nova from like South America. Like, I got all these young talents in that pool of talents. There's fucking there's fucking Jim Jones and Wiskalief when he was young. So I'm in there like low key mentoring these guys in the studio watching me working. Shit, I'm chopping it up with him, talking to him and I mean, Wells had a little fro right young kid, and I met his mom's and I ended up like just you know, giving you like advice and ship watching him work. I'll go up to the to the MIDI room where they were working there at their own studio and just watch him getting down.
Speaker 11: Bro.
Speaker 5: I was like, this gets a start. He got something.
Speaker 3: So the music he was doing, I guess the record company didn't think that it was you know, marketable or it was like trying to turn him into his thing. And his thing was I know what I want to be, Like I'm a rock star, but I just got to show y'all. Y'all not gonna believe I can show y'all better and I can tell y'all. So he ended up branching out and doing his bit. So he ended up branching out doing his own thing, and uh.
Speaker 2: Yep, he ended up you know, he ended up blowing up like and then people would say shit like quick this new kid with leif he kind of sounds like he got your star, I'd be.
Speaker 3: Like, I never heard of him, you know, but yeah, and so he was. He was ultimately for the West.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, I can't out he was like, especially when I heard Young MC say that, I was just like, whiz fit that profile so bad, man like so much.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, where's I like?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying? Like we might have to do it all the same game.
Speaker 3: Now, that's a great idea that record. What was going on with you? I was, I was new, I wasn't I wasn't on yet, you know what I'm saying. I was writing. I was doing mixtapes, selling Sweet Black Pussy and Tonight and looked out hood, my little gang bang mixtapes. But then motherfuckers start selling, so I had to go get a duplicator and like start duplicating my own cassettes and ship and I'm driving around in a fucking whatever, a Maverick. Remember before Mavericks, I was seeing the Mavericks selling cassettes out the back seat, you know, at the trunk, until it got too until that shit got popular and I couldn't do it no more. I had to get a record company the right time. We did, just like Compton. No, that was ninety two already. I did that after I almost got killed in Denver. You know, they almost murdered me. They shot up my limousine.
Speaker 5: You talked, You went really specific on that record about them.
Speaker 3: You remember yeah, they forgave me. I forgave them, but they really almost killed me. And it was over some ship that a nigga and my crew did. I didn't even do it.
Speaker 5: I had to just take an l for that. That should costs.
Speaker 3: Almost half a million dollars in today's money and legal fees and ship or whatever. But you live and you learn, you know what I mean. I wasn't out there pressing the peak car. I was out there for the girls. Like these niggas wanted to be gang bangers. It's like, y'all, nigga's gonna get killed. And they didn't let me. They even come and support me when they got me in trouble, started a riot. These nigga didn't even come to support me. When I went to court, I'm like, oh man, you guys are jicks.
Speaker 5: I want to I want to that.
Speaker 2: I want to add Hispanic boyl Jeezy, and I like left the gun play to them, just my two okay, And I see for the that could have been a home.
Speaker 5: Calls dropped that out.
Speaker 2: What you got in there?
Speaker 3: What's that I got?
Speaker 5: I got this when it the blust, This is hash. I got a whole bunch of hash in the auto. You're gonna have me you show. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, you're ready to go smoke on the course, do whatever the hell you want. This your house, My sister, My sister then waiting to see this year.
Speaker 1: Okay, our show is about giving people flowers. Man, I'm so excited to give you all your flowers face to face. Man, the man snoop set is better than grammar because it come for your people and we want to give y'all.
Speaker 3: Thank y'all.
Speaker 6: What yeah yeah, man, this is long overdue to Manet. This is fire artist makes Man.
Speaker 2: I want to I want to command you guys to for making sure that our history they credited and correct. They like to like count out like the veterans and this hip hop ship, and I'm season that over. Yeah you know what I'm saying, Like, honestly, these boys selling out more fucking stadiums in the Youngster, and I'm glad that it's a place where they can come and be fucking idolized the way they're supposed to happen.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, appreciate you know.
Speaker 5: You know what I noticed the other day, Like that's hard if you actually if you actually continue to work in this game, there's no way that any any any of us should be broke. There's no way. Like I looked.
Speaker 1: I looked the other day, and I've seen you know, artists and they had they had that did the show thirty days, twenty days out of the month, twenty days.
Speaker 5: Like the older older, older statesman.
Speaker 1: And I was like, you know, some of us, we get to a certain level, we're like, ah, we don't want to go to Denmark kober Hagen, and we don't want to go to But then some of us is like, you know where, fuck it. You could really make a living if you just supply yourself in work like young MC's he was doing three shows a week.
Speaker 5: But there's a lot of the.
Speaker 1: Elder statesmen and they don't understand that, because I don't want to say all the young generations don't understand that.
Speaker 5: But to me, we understand that.
Speaker 1: And that's the reason why we give a a motherfucking flowers.
Speaker 5: You've been doing it.
Speaker 1: What is one of your favorite places to perform at? And one thing you you get crazy when your performance.
Speaker 3: That man, I've been doing the walk around the stage cool shit forever and pointed niggas and shit, now I dancing shit, I'm taking my shirt offs from my underwear.
Speaker 5: And shit like, fuck it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You know, I mean fifty four, but I don't look like I don't act like it. I can still jump and ship d cycles.
Speaker 5: Let's go to the.
Speaker 3: Casket drops, let's have some fun. I mean, if you think about it. The best thing that happened to me just happened to me recently at one of my residency shows up in Oakland at Yoshi's where I'm performing for people that's my age group, same gray hair. And then you got a young teenager in the audience just looking at me right, and I'm like, man, who the fuck kind of pedophile? Then the lady who was with the teenager, she said, this is my daughter. Quick She said, I've been a fan of yours ever and I wanted to bring my daughter to your show to show her what real performances are like, or just to see you get down because you've always been my favorite and you stay consistent. And I was like, that fucked me up. I was like, wow, so that's the thing I'm getting used to, getting introduced to new age groups like you know, like the same age as my kids and younger.
Speaker 1: So That's why I love to hear that. Like when you saying earlier him dog pound snoop, you know what I mean. You know, I see people like Buster Rhymes and you know Fatjo. I think buses on the tour with Missy and Sierra and Joe Rule and Fat Joe and I'm gotta, uh what you just said. A resident residency and Dougie Fresh and the Quick is a part of that too. Like that's it just makes me proud of to see other states. Not to say it just makes me proud to see the younger generation, but what I'm saying is that's something that the younger generation should look up to look up.
Speaker 5: I remember, I remember every young nigga that has an argument with the old nigga, Like old nigga, you gotta realize that ain't that ship.
Speaker 1: But the crazy thing is, if that's that's the dumbest thing you can say, It's like, it's the most cliche thing you can say.
Speaker 5: It's like argument with somebody with glasses and calling them for.
Speaker 3: These niggas get on my nerves.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying is, if that's the only thing that's calling them an old nigga, guess what you're going to pray one day to get My.
Speaker 3: Point is to get old.
Speaker 2: I don't know who the fuck taught black people that that's not the way it's supposed to be.
Speaker 3: The less generational the work. Niggas don't do that like they.
Speaker 2: Do.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. Rock music.
Speaker 5: They don't do that. They don't see no rock and roll versus.
Speaker 3: They preserve.
Speaker 5: They preserve rock stars.
Speaker 1: Eighty years old, like we need to do challenging the niggas not one hundred years old.
Speaker 5: They were born in eighteen. Yeah, they drinking bad to let.
Speaker 3: This is This is the ironic thing though, when we came up, you know, and this is a lot of people don't understand. This hip hop was made by young people right and us and I'll put Dre in this too. We honored our old school niggas like George Clinton. We sampled their music and looked up to them. You know, if the Temptations put at a good record in the eighties, that motherfucker got bought treated like a lady, and motherfuckers went to see their shows.
Speaker 5: You know, all of these we we never we never looked at them, thank you.
Speaker 3: We never looked at them as old because you know my my argument now and I take this from my O G Homie, when I get that whole you are you old motherfucker, I'll be like, look here, little nigga, I said, look, I've been your motherfucking age.
Speaker 5: You ain't never been mine, You ain't mine.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, so beautiful and you know, being a little generic right now. But that's that's what the difference between our like era are our time and what's happening now.
Speaker 5: It's like.
Speaker 1: You got to hit record Homie, some other young generation you gotta hit record Homey. You're doing the drill, you're doing the praying, the guns, and it's not really really music.
Speaker 5: But at some point you should learn music, right music career, Yes, you have a music career.
Speaker 1: And you know some of them are getting lucky because they're they're they're doing it in their people's cribs, getting lucky and it's working. And then no record label is saying, you know what you need to go in with a DJ quick, you need you need to learn how to pattern your stuff. They're not even doing it because they want these kids to self destruct.
Speaker 5: There's no more development.
Speaker 3: They took that A and R was. That's what my job was, well, my description was my task. But yeah, that that kind of doesn't exist anymore. They leave that to the artist now to develop to the numbers.
Speaker 2: They some that they're reading TikTok numbers. It's all do strange, but we all know that that's paid for us. It's like, why are we reading something that we know can be bought. It's like everybody's in this weird time and space. Nobody's going off what they hear and feel no more. And then second to that, they can't afford to these that quick right and and that's the that's the real irony of it, because we're not taking no painy cuts over here at all.
Speaker 1: But I tell you every now and then, it's a universal record that makes everyone can buy it right now?
Speaker 5: That record is they not like.
Speaker 1: I see every race. I don't give a what you are. I've seen dinosaurs listening to.
Speaker 3: The shout out to Ray Charles and shout out to Mustard for re imagining that sample.
Speaker 2: I believe that.
Speaker 3: I believe it. Remember they was doing that practicing that on the movie Ray Believe It. That's that record, yes, sir, And it was redone by this guy Munk Higgins on a jazz album, and the way he did it was a little funkier than the Ray Charles version.
Speaker 2: So that's where this actual sample came from.
Speaker 3: It's an interpolation of Ray Charles's I Believe in the Power of Sometime that.
Speaker 5: They forgot the whole title of it.
Speaker 1: But you know, you was involved in one of the I don't want to say craziest beefs and hip hop.
Speaker 2: Good lord, but it was one of the first crazy ones. It was one of the playing that it was real shit happening in the street. It seemed real serious.
Speaker 1: But it was one thing of hearing MC eight said, hearing about you performing the actual record in front of MC eight, But then it was another thing like we had him on the show and he was like he's describing it. I was just like, holy shit, Like because I don't, I don't, I don't remember if I actually saw it off. This is the word of mouth. I don't remember. But that's some weird that's some real ship. Like did you plan like I'm gonna go to the wars, He's going to be here and I'm gonna go perform the record.
Speaker 5: Not only that you walked over to him.
Speaker 3: No, okay, okay, What had happened was we did sound check and they had to do blocking, and they have to do positioning. So in positioning while we sound checking, a couple of magical things happened that day too.
Speaker 5: While was sound checking, DJ pull up here with the dog.
Speaker 3: They were working making sure all the shit works behind us the jail cells, and I'm looking down in the audience where they're going to be, and everybody's names are on the seat. So right here front center stage, stage right, two rows in, it's FC eight. So I just made a little mental note of it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I also makes you a little nervous too, because you know, shit can go wrong live. Murphy's Law is totally in effect at all times. So while I'm up there, we was taking a break, and we was been out there maybe three four days, started missing some things from home, so I just started sound checking the house singing California knows how the fun it, and.
Speaker 5: Everybody joined in with me. In the city up Alabe Pool was like, and that doctor Dre's back there doing this shit good.
Speaker 3: This is in California, know this world stage in massive square garden I'm just about to see in the city of Compton, right, Dre was like, man, you know, like I need to use that. Yeah, I'm like that was still the cut bro whatever running someone named Runnie something. I forgot his name on the record. So fast forward to and Tupac was in the last cage, you know, his little cutout and he was locked up right, okay, so we you.
Speaker 5: Know, the kurf fuffle started.
Speaker 3: You know, I performed for because he did sit in his chair and I was like, I got all these niggas back. I swelled up a little bit, went for it like it's a beef, you know. So I got down and he was like he's just like, Hia, you know what I'm saying, you know, the guy with the mic, the loudst guys or whatever. But I mean, we're cool as funk now. But we leave and three days later, in a few days later, Tupac walks in the studio, Me and Corrupt playing fucking Mortal Kombat on Station two. When we look at this nigga walk in the studio, its like we just dropped the joystick, Like.
Speaker 5: What the fuck, nigga, what are you doing here? Right? He said, nigga, I'm back.
Speaker 2: He was music.
Speaker 5: Give me some fucking music. Quick light of blunt roll the blunt.
Speaker 3: He just came in like George Jefferson, like now in the back, and I had already did this drop. I did this drop for radio for this dude named Theop. We should do these neighborhood songs for him because we loved our radio station and our sample, Intimate Connection.
Speaker 5: So we go in the back.
Speaker 3: Doctor Dre has this song California Love. Should plays it for us, like, tell me what y'all thinking about this California Love, Come on, it's banging. Dre does the remix of it and he uses the catalys he was doing and nobody's ever gonna get me, Craig your.
Speaker 2: Problem.
Speaker 3: So how it culminates is the sample that I used, Intimate Connection by Clear. I also used Tonight from that group and went platinum with my song Tonight. That's Clear, a group that was on the Atlantic Records, and Dre it was hard to get that beat. So my man from above, the Law who passed away Laylaw, Laylaw, brought doctor Dre a CD.
Speaker 5: Of intco Connection, Intimate Connection.
Speaker 3: He's just sampled the break off of instead of reprogramming it, and he just had his band play all over it.
Speaker 5: So it was like both of those ideas, the sample of.
Speaker 3: Intcom connection and the Ronnie Ronnie Ronnie, y'all find it West Coast pop lock Ronnie dic and I think his name was, but that's where it came from. So I'm sitting in the room listening to the ship looking at Dre like Damn Dre still listens to what's what he knows will be hot. I'm thinking out of the bottom left hand. He right handed. So I always wanted to be that niggas Terry Lewis anyway, you know what I'm saying. But this is my Terry Lewis, Jimmy Terry right right.
Speaker 5: You know, is it time? A quick time time, let's see, y'all set it up? Send the trunk. Ronnie Hudson that was his name. Thank you, And to be clear, did you didn't get no credit on the record. I didn't want nothing. Who cares making sure he but I helped on a lot of records.
Speaker 6: I'm on.
Speaker 3: My dad's going crazy. I was in the studio when he was doing meetings. That's my drums. No nigga's satisfaction. When I gave Dre them sounds and left, Drake just put him all the work, so he'd be like, quick, you're busy, No, what's up. I'll go to the studio and he'd be like even the booth and ship that nigga be like, now I'm gonna do this thing, and I'm like.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm getting chills just hot sound and the studio.
Speaker 3: I was like, like, what the fuck is that? And he was like, your drums you get I'm like, bro, look I'm still getting chilled. Chill just the way he made to Crown. You don't understand. They were unreal, Like I should have stopped drinking just to be more present.
Speaker 5: I wasn't gonna last while.
Speaker 3: But you know that fucking watching eminem mix Encore and Ship and this stripper bitch and knocked me over his equipment and ship we both go.
Speaker 12: Falling, and it was like, dr get get your man's trade that Puerto Rican drum bitch, drunk titties. You did the drums on get Rich.
Speaker 5: Since I tried in the club, I can't do it. It can't be done.
Speaker 3: And those are my drum sounds because I knew nobody had them that clapped. That's there because everybody was using the one that came with the n PC two thousand.
Speaker 5: You know the most exactly. The biggest example is right there by chinging.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: That little sound that's near. So when I gave him the drum sound, that was like it, but more beefed up. It went on, If I can't do it, can't be done. You know what I'm saying. I think think.
Speaker 5: Because I do sound design. That's really my ship. I like just like Dre. He's like Quincy Jones.
Speaker 3: These motherfuckers only want to hear something they ain't never heard before. You got impressed him, like Nigga. We didn't hear there. I owned the record shop. Nigga impressed me. So you gotta go do some ship they never heard before. And then they let you in the party and the bitches jump on you and the weed comes out. Let your the money to check. They had way more fun than.
Speaker 11: It was.
Speaker 5: Instagram Instagram are gonna be the document that.
Speaker 1: I always I always say that I played with people. I was like, yo, man, imagine tupact of Instagram.
Speaker 2: Sac like easy Twitter, Twitter, hilarious, man, I missed that.
Speaker 5: Seems like he had a Hello sense. He was the fun man. He was a he was joky Smurf. Nigga was hilarious. And from Compton, how far our blocks? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, less than a mile. He's like he was in Kelly Park. We in tree Top. You just go down fucking a rambi six blocks of Compton Boulevard and make a left, go down about four blocks is right there.
Speaker 5: The ship's only ten square miles, it's like.
Speaker 3: Ten fifteen square miles constantly.
Speaker 1: So and you know this is like a close like walking distance. Okay, So we're lack of a better term. For me not knowing no better, I might sound stupid, but let me just act you never like because for us back then, we thought that it was full fledged beef. Whenever you see somebody in red that's wearing red and somebody's wearing blue us, it really won't kid yeah, okay, back to our vision was correct, It wasn't exaggerated, okay.
Speaker 3: And the Compton Police Department used to egg that ship on and exacerbated by picking up cryp niggas and dropping them off in blood and they figuring out blood niggas and dropping us off in crip neighborhoods. That'd be like, hey, I've gotta slid over here and drive off, and the crips figured it out. They was like, man, that was black. They say the name of the officering ain't nothing, but come on, man, we draw y'all home. They didn't bite, they didn't fall for.
Speaker 6: Because in the movie we saw where they don't go over to the Mexican neighbor there's a.
Speaker 3: Movie they'd be like, here, come through. It be like y'all you know man, you know the carvers got one of y'all.
Speaker 5: Some ship like that.
Speaker 2: You'd be like, what the fuck were out there drilling? We out there playing basketball or whatever. All yeah, the nun he's got day up on y'all.
Speaker 3: It'll be like, bro, we're.
Speaker 5: Twelve thirteen years old, and they're telling you because the police.
Speaker 2: Just so you so so the nigga from one neighborhood go over there, they do because it won no Instagram, went no Twitter.
Speaker 3: So you didn't know. Yeah, you didn't know better, right, you just kind of felt the energy, right, I mean, the sheriffs was they was the telegram.
Speaker 5: They were the Instagram. It was the telegram. There were the pigeons used to carrier bring Yeah, the carryer pictures gonna bring the word because what did you just say, Compton, this is only a.
Speaker 3: Square mile the whole thing though.
Speaker 1: But that's a city though, confidence right, Okay, So what's the name of their first album, Who's Road Now?
Speaker 3: Roldse Chance is? What is that?
Speaker 2: It's the only street that runs all the way through Compton. Anything blocking it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's almost like a main streets avenue really okay, And it was every day.
Speaker 5: It goes from Lamarada all the way to the beach.
Speaker 3: We used to jump on the bus, the one twenty five and just take it west and get off at Manhattan Beach like it's unbroken.
Speaker 2: My streets get broken about the railroads or like like you'll get like train tracks and will break it.
Speaker 5: It's an artery over, it's an artery.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's the only street that you can just ride through Compton straight.
Speaker 3: Through and get to the back of it to get to the next city.
Speaker 5: And get out here. But it's not a crip neighborhood. It's neighborhood. It drives throughout it to devise everybody. Okay, wow, wow, yeah something looking listen listen. Yeah, it's so interesting.
Speaker 1: Because you know the way it's divided right the way how like you corrupt as my friend, right, you know, And I went up somewhere and I remember him like, oh no, no, no, he's not stopping there.
Speaker 5: We get over here, or you're like I'm like all right, cool, Like you.
Speaker 1: Know, I didn't want to get into depth and what just happened, but like I would always imagine that a person could get caught slipping like that, like if you're just out there. And I remember Snoop telling us on this show he was like one time he's seen nives and knives was just so out of pocket.
Speaker 2: He was just like.
Speaker 5: He was all read and he was just like, no, I'm I'm not sure you have that over here, but is that something?
Speaker 4: And like you know.
Speaker 1: That that that y'all into, Like let me break it down a little bit more, Like so many people, it's this thing checking in Yeah, right, because right now, and I reiterate the question, they say that l A is one of the most dangerous places in the world for rappers.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: First of if you want to dress that, you would love to address it. Okay, let yes, that's not like you're not true, but I want to say this bro like a lot of.
Speaker 2: Like I would never go to New York and say, man, I hate this motherfucker and then open up a business there.
Speaker 5: People come to our city and totally talk.
Speaker 2: Ship about it to us, and you l a niggas man, you l NI, but y'all to live here, y'all stay there.
Speaker 5: And it gets to a point where it's like it looks so lack. The day is a cool.
Speaker 2: It looks like, oh, it's palm trees. Even our ghettos just look nice. You know what I'm saying. So you you can you can get caught slipping, get LOLd r.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to believe in it's a palm trees until you leaking out your motherfucking transmission fluid on that hot ass ask for.
Speaker 2: It looks like it's something to play with, But it's like, I would never like to checking in. Thing for me is like if I'm going to Atlanta, I'm calling everybody I know, Dude a minute I get on the plane, I don't care if it's called checking in checking out nothing. These are the niggas that I know from the spot I'm showing love Y'all'm in your city's popping up. But when it comes to La it's like, ain't nobody gonna tell me. It's like, bro, we got to get that energy to buy of us. That's not the play bro, that's not that's not even our culture. Like, if you really came to La, this side of the tenth Freeway is more Southern. It's all a bunch of people from Louisiana, Texas that have brought families down.
Speaker 5: Our family man, come to the barbecue, come chill.
Speaker 3: Out, come hang out. It's not what you think.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: If you get caught slipping in Hollywood and all that, you're in the gumbo pot. That's where everybody that comes to La goes and they chill out and they can be their toughest, they can act their richest, they can act like whatever they want, and then they'll bump into somebody that's really from there and they'll you know, probably playing with them. My reverend wrong way, La f gonna be loud when he's gonna get you. He's gonna be like, all right, got you, and they're gonna wait it out.
Speaker 3: They're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. They're gonna they're gonna do it that way. I would just say, man, just respect where you're at. Like if I come to Miami, we're now cool. I'm like, yo, hey, I'm here. What can we do well, not like yo, man, I'm here, man, I'm scared what we're gonna do. It's just everywhere got some It's just the rappers come to l A and play.
Speaker 5: Right, you know, the niggas and girls. That happens everywhere everywhere.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: If some puzzy gonna get you to shoot somebody, you are you need to go get therapy anyone.
Speaker 5: That's a whole.
Speaker 2: But as far as just like man, just just come come with love. Come come with love, bro, because that's what Compton is. That's what I say is That's what Long Beach, that's what ing with. I don't know what Hockeywood is, right, that's something it's like the free free like it's the free fall because everyone is just basically all. But that's where all of the dangeroush it happened. Yeah, it was time Square, you know what the creative I was. I was remember of the Source Awards where everybody got robbed?
Speaker 5: Which one was it?
Speaker 2: In La?
Speaker 3: The only one I got at by the police, I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: After everybody got robbed and you.
Speaker 1: Know the crazy ship. I didn't stay in Beverly Hills. I mean I stayed in Beverly Hills. But I went to the first time going to the Jungles and I went to the Jungles. It's before training day. I'll tell you that I went to the I did not know that before training day because I went through and I was like, wait a minute, this is this is a little this is a little different from me, you know what I mean, it's a little different, like and you know, I did that whole little thing, you know all that. And then I went to Baldwin Hills next to the and there was a bunch of cryptdudes who gave me death Row shirts.
Speaker 5: And I was like, I am mad confused.
Speaker 3: I was. I was so confused.
Speaker 5: I was like, wait a minute, like I thought, I didn't understand that, Crimson. I didn't understand that.
Speaker 2: Then I was just like, just told you they were cribs, just to see what you were going to say. Man, okay, that's another I was getting running back. They would dress up and the opposite color and just walk up on your with you and then you just be like, like, what's up, cousin, where you from? He'd be like, oh man, because I'm whole, like what blood?
Speaker 1: And then it turned into this thing Wow, the East Coast face though they knew. I was, yeah, you don't set on tape. I will pull it up. So I go through the jungles and this guy name is Adam Favous. He used to work for in the Scope records.
Speaker 3: Do we know Adam?
Speaker 5: You know Adam Favous. He's a while he could get outside this story.
Speaker 1: I was over there a lot. I went to the jail and I turned in and I was I was, I was scared. So I was like, you know what, I want to get this over with. I want I want to I want l a to I want to feel it. So I was like, what's the closest hood.
Speaker 3: He was like.
Speaker 5: The I just want to go, just real quick.
Speaker 1: He just looked at me, and then we walked through and I realized we had an all Blue Excursion.
Speaker 5: Dangerous two thousand. The gotta be two nine two thousand from somewhere. We's not a SoCal war. This is not me being there, this is excuse me.
Speaker 1: This is after the Source Awards and my record had hit number one in l A and they said you gotta stay and everybody from the East Coast went back home from by myself. So I was like all right, cool, And I went through the juggle and the first listen the first person I had met, the guy. I got out the car and I was I was filming. Remember I was doing the documentary, so I have filmed the guy. And I was like, yo, you know I'm from the East Coast.
Speaker 5: You know where I am.
Speaker 3: And the dude said, yeah, you little nor little Norri.
Speaker 5: I was like, how the funk I get him? This coast becomes little Normy, I swear to god. He's like, this is a big Normy. And I was like, all right, I'm cool.
Speaker 3: Cool to walking around. He was passed.
Speaker 5: He did something. I don't know if it was the pinching ship, I don't remember exactly. He did something.
Speaker 1: He's like, yo, I don't suggest you drive around without me letting him know that it's a blue as soon as and I'm gonna tell you another thing. As soon as I hit the left and they seen the blue e skirtions girls ran from me like.
Speaker 5: And I was like, this is not good. I was like, this is not good. But and I went through and I remember that I remember that that was the time I met t Rogers. But yeah, like the rest of BC, but big up big up to the motherfucking California.
Speaker 1: Big up to, big up to Big Norri and then and then again, I didn't hear this hood. I didn't know nothing until I seen training there and I was like, oh man, I might.
Speaker 3: Have ship, but I'm I'm used to associate and identify as a bloods And when I was younger, I still wasn't going to the Juger. It was a little dangerous for me.
Speaker 5: Hard And in my defense, I did not know.
Speaker 1: Knew like I was just like you wanted that party, wouldn't have made that same move, sir.
Speaker 5: Now I wouldn't probably, but you know, starting.
Speaker 2: You want to shoot joint if you want, like, let's stole that money Carlo during the shoot of that.
Speaker 3: That's a flyer, like got That's how they got in the movie.
Speaker 5: It was like you give it back, give it back, we got put some mommies in the movie. Oh wow, that's so dope.
Speaker 3: It's love. I love.
Speaker 5: But actually, because quick quick, I heard you say the.
Speaker 1: Fact, then they used to lie put you with the per and the dickies, and now you might you mightn't go anywhere and see.
Speaker 3: That same look. Any neighborhood man. Chigi used to have a pressing curl and wear cor chairs. That was my whole ship, pressing curl cor chairs, and.
Speaker 5: Niggas asked me why I did my hair like that.
Speaker 3: I said, because girls like it, right, same way Prince wore my fucking lace because girls like it, and boots girls.
Speaker 5: Like it and was gangster as a motherfucker.
Speaker 2: I ain't trying to I ain't trying to party with you later, my guy.
Speaker 3: Right the fuck?
Speaker 1: But but how dope is it to see a legacy you started and they spread everywhere?
Speaker 3: Nor it is a dream. It's like a dream.
Speaker 5: Damn, this tastes Good's anxiety.
Speaker 9: Mad hash.
Speaker 5: When you welcome, you welcome more? Hasha? What in the enjoint?
Speaker 2: Let me know?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the tobacco like on My My Love is stilling the nineties.
Speaker 3: Yeah you doant to joint? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to joint for them? Hell yeah please, My lungs is still in the nineties. Man, I'm sorry, I'm going I upgrade.
Speaker 5: I've been cigarette free for like two years this ship.
Speaker 3: And I like, ye, yes, he ain't been drinking either. We have to get.
Speaker 2: Really, I was gonna come on totally dry, yeah, which would have been fun too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But our pre this was I was gonna say, Man, you need a TV show. Let me tell you something. Let me tell you something about let me tell you something about your fans. You thinking it's you. You have a paying in to the niggas.
Speaker 5: Fanst man, what I mean, I gotta be in. I gotta be in the comments say they twitter feed the day attacking us.
Speaker 6: They love me, Man, they've been attacking us and we were like, what do you mean, because we have a guess they think there's us us Like, yeah, so we we We've been throwing.
Speaker 5: It on you.
Speaker 1: It's quick man, reversing the real fast like it's not us your fans. Let me just tell you something.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: This is the best thing about doing this show is you get to know the people that you're about.
Speaker 5: To interview fast. When I tell you, they went from when it's quick, when it's quick, when it's quick, to you hating on quick.
Speaker 3: We have Like your fans is real.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, you know, like that is that ship is scary, Like I'm scared of your fans.
Speaker 3: Like I took a queue out of like how like Nicki Minaj got her team. You know what I'm saying and to be honestly, got to be high and everybody have they click fans.
Speaker 5: What's your fanst name?
Speaker 3: I can't get quick give me, we gotta give them, we gotta take on this.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you, I've been doing this for years and I know and even more after they were now you gottah Yeah, yeah, they really, they really. She ain't go to weddings together.
Speaker 2: At the moment they got to do that record on Rose Crash. Yeah, we got this TIGG studio, the big deal. We came together. Just take drummer like it's like to drive. And I'm telling you, I'm eighted for that guy.
Speaker 3: Arbick and they brought each other gifts. It was like.
Speaker 5: As a as a, I always want that relationship with him.
Speaker 3: But they misinterpreted something I said on the mixtape and eighty eight eighty and mentioned them did you want me?
Speaker 5: He said on here about the mixtape and hearing it and all that.
Speaker 3: Somebody pumped that up because I was like, I'm not the n w A, I ain't gay, and I'm on my way to the top of the tree for CMW t C. I was just naming all the compting. Yeah, y'all, it's me like like I want to be y'all at this niggas, Like, so you're telling me this record to me, like how to rob tell me?
Speaker 5: Not even that.
Speaker 3: It was just it was a misconscious believe it or not. It was like over some cool jazz break beat. So the beef started over. You said it was miss We sampled Life Is for Learning by Marvin Gay, and yeah, it was like I was just mentioning them, like I did a little record break, like a little four board little thing boom, just a little break and just was just mentioneding like the end up, you know, the Compton Rappers. And I said it was even y'all really beef it was people. Yeah, the cat starting that ship. Yeah, no, he he's always been cool. We tore together ship.
Speaker 5: Now because one of the disrecords, I believe you.
Speaker 3: Said like I would never fighting, I would never put my dukes up with even back then.
Speaker 5: It just wouldn't make sense because then.
Speaker 3: I would have been having to deal with his niggas everywhere when he's not there and I'm alone. You know, it was just it wasn't It wasn't smart for hip hop. It was smart for a company period.
Speaker 1: Now, back then he was all YOUNGERGA understand, but on your disrecord you said that you don't got.
Speaker 5: A G because the G fire. That was.
Speaker 3: Ever Bro, that was.
Speaker 5: Fire, Bro, It was it was it was.
Speaker 2: It was like a gladiator fight, Bro, but you know it was words war words though, and then get bagged them.
Speaker 5: He said, DJ quick and a Khaki bikini.
Speaker 2: I was like, he goes.
Speaker 5: I heard my girls like, baby, don't even worry. It's a little tight. Is that why you spoke quick without the ce man.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be the Nestley rabbit that that ship was fly. We used to drink quick, Nestie Quick Quick. That was my favorite drink, and strawberry Quick made my stomach hurt so bad.
Speaker 5: I was like, because.
Speaker 3: Absolutely counterintuitive. If you put the C in there, I'm game banging.
Speaker 5: That's c K. That's crip killer. I could paint the sea put a slash in it.
Speaker 3: And that's somebody gonna shoot me for that, because it's the c K means cript killer like Calvin Klein is like, it's like the undertone, like British Knights, like b K.
Speaker 5: It was like those were like double unchundra ships.
Speaker 3: We just learned something, but I wanted they changed their name. It's called.
Speaker 5: Me. She was dope. Holy I got it from the quick box. That's quick.
Speaker 6: That fucked me up. You want to line, We're gonna ask you guys. This is our drinking game.
Speaker 3: But put this out.
Speaker 6: Ask you guys two questions. You pick one, nobody drinks. You picked both or neither of them.
Speaker 3: We all drink.
Speaker 5: Okay, fair enough, Well, but you want to do the Japanese whiskey with me? Oh see, you know, let's be clear. You're already drinking. Yeah, yeah, I'm here. You've been taking some restrictive box that man.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I'm not gonna drink all of that home.
Speaker 3: I drink that call. Yeah, we're not doing that. I'll do the Japanese wisk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do the Japanese whisky. We take small shops because uh you he got his own. Yeah all right, yeah, so yeah, just men, bro Okay, you want to do the first one? I got the first one.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: I make you got the second one I got. Let me take it the first one. I'm making up right now. You always throw the second one. There we go, Michael Jackson or Prince. It's Prince for me Prince, did you say any stories.
Speaker 5: You got, Yeah, we need these stories, man.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well my Prince story is I was at Warner Brothers as vice president artist and repertoire, and I think Prince.
Speaker 5: Must have saw that. It was like, I mean, Benny Benina's not there anymore.
Speaker 2: They hired quick.
Speaker 5: I like that, tell him I'm coming back.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll be there in the.
Speaker 5: Morning, said Benny Medina is not there anymore. Yeah, But the way it sounds like, man, I gotta go visit nigga. This nigga came back to the Warner Brothers office. I went in one day. It was all Prince all the time.
Speaker 3: They even when he got his that album cover he had when he had his hair, just the shirt off with his hair. I think it was for you maybe, and they put that gigantic blow up. It's a little weird, that big nigga, like a little weird. Yeah, you know, remember their polls on them. But it was it was he was back, so we all got we got the studio. I got hints in A and M you know what I mean. And I'm in the front and you're going from D to B and YadA YadA. Everybody's in there. I mean from Wendy and Lisa to Beyonce and Mick Jagger. Everybody's just walking through there, like just kids at home, like it's normal at Prince studio session, at at my studio session. And I'm in the studio with a bunch of a bunch.
Speaker 5: Of studio big you know.
Speaker 3: It's A and M basically where Rhythmication was recorded and Karen Carpter. But it comes Prince and just shuts like he's just he has a way of shutting everything down when you walk in. It's like it's it's it's the man doesn't walk, he glides like his head doesn't a purple.
Speaker 5: He levitates like like bro touched the ground.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 3: There's something real magic about that guy. So he comes in and I'm doing the session. I think I was mixing, uh loyal to the game, maybe we're too or something like that. And he had booked that side of the studio.
Speaker 2: He said the security to say, you know, hey, hey, what up quick, I'm a Princess security.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh cool, he said.
Speaker 3: Security told like Prince too. He said, Prince, he saw your equipment. He wanted to know if he could borrow your rig for like, you know, a couple of hours, Is that okay with you? I said, ship Prince, Man, well this ship up out of here. Make get that ship back. Man, tell hell, yeah, that's all good. We put the you know, it's a fucking flight case. We put the flight case together. It's gone a couple of hours, three hours whatever, four hours. Me and my engineers in there going Nika. Prince just sh like.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: So my man comes back by five hours later, six hours l this.
Speaker 5: Night he comes back in. He said for Prince said, thank you man. I said, oh, I said, tell you anytime. Man tell him.
Speaker 3: I'm glad he's back to come back to Warner Brother. That's a big deal. He said, yeah, that's all good, and find that any quick. But Prince wants to know what you drink. I said, for what I drink?
Speaker 5: That's easy, hennessy XO.
Speaker 3: Right, he said, okay, he leaves another hour or two, layer come by. My man comes back with the box. Prince said, thank you. We put that motherfucking box on their console at SSL. We didn't drink that motherfucker for like three months at this happened, right, Wow. So then I get invited for my thirty sixth birthday. I get invited to his house for one of them Grammy parties. He used to throw Clive used to throw his in Beverly Hills. Prince used to throw his mount Olympus. We get motherfucking invited to one of his Mount Olympus parties. And I'm on the motherfucking golf cart thingy with Nasir, with Ludacris and with Jessic Concepts and Spinderella is there and fucking Dougie Fresh, and yeah, it was wild. It was fucking dope watching this dude sit up there and playing bro. This is the thing. He got the most beautiful women in the world walking around with silver platters with anywhere derv On.
Speaker 5: We could think of Craig gray Goo.
Speaker 3: All this good ship, all this fancy ship, some motherfuckers elevators and felt with this with a black light, with this logo, and I'm like this.
Speaker 5: God, he got a circus outside.
Speaker 3: The motherfucker's out there with fire and ship. I'm like.
Speaker 5: Glass lamb bitch, I made it.
Speaker 3: Out here to bro what that that man, This man through the most awesome fucking parties. That ship he's just he made his sons us all. It's like him King with justin consistent, like just like ship, just shoot the mother fucking reality show. You do what you want, brou Prince and everybody just showed up. We all standing up there now. Now, f N put me away at that that interview.
Speaker 5: I think that was a podcast, and you definitively said that Michael Jackson was the crib. I don't know if he was being serious, but you seem serious.
Speaker 3: You said, if you're gonna look at the videos, they didn't look very piru friendly.
Speaker 2: Let's just put it that way.
Speaker 6: Those pictures, everybody's wondering if it was a AI or doctored or photoshop.
Speaker 5: Those have been there before AI photoshop there shot on film, So okay, so tell us we don't know. We did see the pictures. Minael Jackson become.
Speaker 3: I should apologize for saying that I'm not gonna walk it. I ain't gonna walk it back. This is what it is. It's just it was a lot of pictures with him that just popped up, with him just throwing up cookies with his cript friends. Bro like bro, it's like, but that was cool, like that he identified with niggas, identify with niggas.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 5: That's what.
Speaker 3: I love him. You know what I mean. I guarantee because of Michael Jackson, if I died and got red erected, I'm gonna come back as a crip. Fuck it right because of Michael Jackson. I want to go to the house. I want to play with bubbles who didn't want to fuck with Michael Jackson. Come on, man, The first record I ever scratched was Billy Jean and I toward the other side of the rest rector for DJ too. Oh god, I said, that's the first time I pulled a record back. I was like, what ship, I'm owing to something here.
Speaker 5: But he had a brother named Tito. That should tell you.
Speaker 3: But E.
Speaker 5: Wasn't Latino exactly.
Speaker 1: Should that should have been a sign wants not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's be honest.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I can say this because you know, I know the Jackson family, and I don't think Janet would be mad if I said anything about her family, because I ain't gonna say nothing weird. But we hang out with Randy Jackson. He comes to like the pool halls and ship and kick it. He's like Randy Jackson, won man.
Speaker 5: Let's not to say Brandy.
Speaker 13: Her Son.
Speaker 5: Randy is cooling, Randy. Let me get away with it, Randy, Randy gangster though.
Speaker 3: Randy is the one that you know Jermaine, you know boom yeah Randy. But he come to kick it like he comes chill talk ship. The nigga a nigga, bro, Okay, don't getting sucked up like the the barges them some niggas what they think they angels them niggas a pull a shot. I'm just playing. He was loud.
Speaker 5: No I did a song with she Goes to Bars?
Speaker 3: Was the label made?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, she goes to the Bars label mate. I just I liked that he got locked up and bro I wanted to support that. You know when he got out. When he got out, he came to my house, Digital underground, Me and him l on the ground, Digit on the ground. He came with you. I'm saying no.
Speaker 3: They a party pulled up Tracy Spencer Digital shot money and all of them. These niggas went to the fucking Players Players ball and took all Icey's bitches and brought back to my house and threw them in the pool.
Speaker 5: I had a great life.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 5: So solid, all right.
Speaker 1: That's one we started yeah, we got two stories out of it. So that's so I don't even okay.
Speaker 5: Tupac or easy Eric?
Speaker 6: Eric?
Speaker 3: Right, Eric, right, Okay, that was we were We were close.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're shared bitches.
Speaker 3: Right, hell on, y'all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how early did you mean?
Speaker 3: Easy eighty nine? Oh?
Speaker 5: I tested the negative. Everybody, Frank just don't work clear? Yeah, no, Eric, Man, he's a he's a lovable guy. Like I love that man.
Speaker 3: I love him dearly, like I trusted with my sister for christ sakes, Like there, y'all go have out, you know, have fun.
Speaker 5: And he showed me how to shop, how to dress.
Speaker 3: The nigga took me to fucking soft big galleria and set me loose and guess he was like, man.
Speaker 5: Find your size. Man, I'm wearing the khakis and ship that sho gonna get old.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say both so we don't drink drink.
Speaker 5: I'm going both, all right. So I like that. I like that. That look good with y'all drinking.
Speaker 3: I'm like, this is Japanese wish yea, yeah, I don't just that Mimmi wana in it.
Speaker 5: It's Mama Juana. Yeah, that's from a Dominican Republic, right, he knows looking out because that it is made in the toilet bowl. Don't listen, don't listen.
Speaker 3: He made that up. I would some wrong call.
Speaker 2: I would saying, watch, y'all niggas call me. He said, watch, we have to drag me out this business.
Speaker 4: We care.
Speaker 1: Take one to drink before that kept going after, I'm gonna let you ask this one. You gotta ask this one.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 5: Ice Cuban Scarface who Who's who?
Speaker 3: We both got to ask each one.
Speaker 5: Man Face is gonna be mad at me. Bro, have to do this. It could be whatever cries here.
Speaker 6: One of them is your better friend, Wie makes better macaroni, whatever your criteria is.
Speaker 3: Well, Scarface Brad Jordan, that's my tour buddy too. But I tour with i Q too, So it's a this is such a paradoxical fucking question. Yeah, I'm gonna go cute. I wanna.
Speaker 2: I want to. I want to follow them full the footsteps, the movies and TV ship, you know what I'm saying, and just the storytelling all of that.
Speaker 5: Bro like he's legendary, legendary, legendary without don't both of them are legends as well.
Speaker 3: I did have fun with Cube on tour. We promoted quick as the name America's most wanted at the same time. Damn that it was hard bro. We used to open for that nigga, bro and he come and chair the club up he was, That's what he used to do. Uh, fucking nigga you love to hate. Look, I'm getting chills this nigga.
Speaker 5: I heard paid that's used to come on to that and we used to be like.
Speaker 3: Kill lord.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I mean brads my boy. But wait, you just know, hold on.
Speaker 2: Just.
Speaker 5: We really took. We took both because you got one. Yeah. Good, you want to taste this ship, you want.
Speaker 3: To take some?
Speaker 5: Yeah, alright, cool, that's big. Let's big. Let's big up quickly be the first tigre to join you with. How the did these other two get here?
Speaker 6: Like one?
Speaker 2: What's the second happened?
Speaker 3: I mean we just earlier.
Speaker 5: We don't go to is like a tonic and.
Speaker 3: We're going on yacht tonight.
Speaker 1: We're gonna okay, you'll be great. This the boat for y'all. Dazz are corrupt, thanks easily corrupt. I gotta go corrupt.
Speaker 3: This is my censor. He's the one that grabbed me.
Speaker 2: Uh, Terrrice handed me to corrupt, to like sharpen my tools as far as m C and ship like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so corrupt. For did you see the clip of the one on drink? Yeah, asking grew up? How do you feel about bow wow and the toothcake?
Speaker 5: Ut walking? Come up? Come up with So he's.
Speaker 6: Like who.
Speaker 5: He was getting mad?
Speaker 14: I can see him now because don't play with because it's not you can die over. I can't hear him now like you don't always tell people.
Speaker 1: I said, you never lived life unless you had a slight argument with correct like and just hear him get angry.
Speaker 5: Cook cook cook come he used, he's a cousin to describe because to come.
Speaker 3: Between.
Speaker 2: He will not take the auto problems like problems because.
Speaker 3: Listen here, like I'm chlorl forever.
Speaker 2: With him.
Speaker 5: It's a cush task for feet. Do we drink?
Speaker 3: You know we're gonna get caught.
Speaker 5: It's a dream chef, Yeah, I got, you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Switch the other one, so jay z or nasty nids jigger, Okay, you have to work with them a couple of times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, both all right that I drink with you drink yeah, yeah, I drink. Of course we got to drink.
Speaker 3: Giants the.
Speaker 5: Blueprint for when I want to do business wise.
Speaker 2: We want to go just style and fly that niggas be fresh as fun.
Speaker 5: One that I gotta do the whole shot because it's a big number one. It's a big as health tonic. Man, big ass shot that got you even wrong.
Speaker 3: They gave me the short brunch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because because it's long term. You know, you could do my home all kinds of ship. Yeah okay, Rockefella or rough riders thinking that chastes like mommy one, nigga.
Speaker 2: You I love the.
Speaker 5: Dr all over the place. Yes, Rockefellas.
Speaker 3: Waiting for me. Yeah fuck.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Both wow okay, yeah man, we're drinking again. Both man, we're about to get up right now. I understand the game. If it's both you drink, I got, I got reason for all because you got okay, you can bring it down.
Speaker 5: I'm a fan at that time, right.
Speaker 2: So from what Rockefeller represents again, like jay Z, I just see great business, great like the branding and.
Speaker 5: All of that, but just like wow, niggas ship.
Speaker 3: Oh you know, I'm for confident.
Speaker 2: I love that. And d MX was like after Tupac Pass, we got something that was not that. It was just no ship Swiss was doing with Eve and just D and Y doing the Nigga ship.
Speaker 5: Make sure they a nephew ad. I'm into all of that. I think that that's both bro okay, Yeah, so do I get another one? Yeah? Do with this.
Speaker 1: Here's the ultimate one for y'all. It's the cheat code. I'm switching this up again. I didn't tell my Rockefeller statement wink eleven hundred.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Madky eleven hundred. They taught me how to ride those goddamn crush rockets. It's where I was standing up Willian and being silly on them, you know, one hundred my prior Whillies and ship.
Speaker 5: So it'ston boys because they.
Speaker 3: Just ride hard and I found out through them through fucking through uh my boy, Peter Gunns. He brought the fucking the soundtrack to me and fucking DMX was rapping on it on this record, the usual suspects.
Speaker 5: I'm like, who is that person? He was like, who am?
Speaker 3: I read the credits It's like this DMX dude got the best voice in hip ho Like he's going to be the guy whoever that is? If they know dev Jam must know because they put the shp out and then before you know it, this nigga came out and it.
Speaker 5: Was like I was right. He was like the first to do like the flood like that one and two albums same year, was like, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he killed that boy, Bro and my boy Jonathan Mannon shot his album covers that one Darken House Hell.
Speaker 5: I think he had one like that and he was in Blood. Am I talking too much? No You're not.
Speaker 3: He had the one where he's like in blood that God.
Speaker 5: Johnathan Manuon shot that ship, Bro, that he.
Speaker 2: Was on his Tupac ship, the ship where he took the not the tone low, but I heard ton Love doing first Boom boom to stay yeah.
Speaker 3: Come banging through Cox life and with this.
Speaker 6: Hard voice, like a contrast on the weapon on my mind.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Yo, Bro is crazy man the way even even the girls songs, he had the edge on him where he was talking about.
Speaker 5: He gave me that pussy the last is getting fatal.
Speaker 6: I'm like Yo, and the Damien joints when he's flipping his voice and he's the devil storytelling Bro, Like, the storytelling was just so epic with Bro.
Speaker 5: Okay, so rest in pieces. Yeah, rest of dm X mans you this quick. Kendrick Lamar or Drake or Drake? Yeah, okay, pour up, pour me up for you?
Speaker 2: You go both? Yeah, pull me in. I'm gonna go both only because I met Drake and I can't dis that guy.
Speaker 3: I'm not in it.
Speaker 5: That's what's going to do.
Speaker 3: I can't Kendrick none of that.
Speaker 5: I'm not doing no PC ship.
Speaker 3: What do you want to do a feature?
Speaker 2: We're not doing it. You gotta think, Bro, I'm from that neighborhood. This is a whole different conversation for me. This is a rap ship like bro that my sister and him was best friends.
Speaker 3: In high school.
Speaker 5: So why not a whole different reason.
Speaker 2: I like this Bro, I loved one that was supposed to be restrained.
Speaker 3: Because we're not gonna do that.
Speaker 5: I know well, you know that we're gonna get it to him and the pump out everything. Okay.
Speaker 2: Because I'm in Canada, I was nothing. Look, okay, don't swung up on me.
Speaker 3: I swung up on whoever.
Speaker 2: That was my thing. I was in Canada and I played. I was in Toronto on stage on the jump Man. He's a I played motherfucking I'm thinking you said both. But I played like that in Toronto.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't think Rick Ross could do that.
Speaker 3: I did it.
Speaker 5: I gotta I gotta flip on and it was funny. Can you remember that? Because I wanted to ask him? Okay, according to you, right.
Speaker 1: The timeline, because this is now the biggest beef in hip hop, I would say the biggest. It's the biggest beef to me, right, it's the biggest battle. Yeah, even though it is other than this foul or whatever whatever, but I'm saying is.
Speaker 5: That's the loudest for sure.
Speaker 6: This is all over, This is every everywhere, like you account that we're in the social media like it's just the way, it's just gone. It's crazy from you being Kendrick's friend, how do you see that timeline of how this how this happened? Like because it couldn't have started with the future record, It couldn't have started.
Speaker 5: Just so as a person that doesn't know, do you know the timeline of I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think there everyone was a beef. I just think it was a it's still not a beef. It's a rap competition, yes.
Speaker 1: Be any said one of the what is it called one of the illis rap competitions whatever to come to our game that I've witnessed. So you doing the timeline being inside that's a yeah. You see how this timeline started.
Speaker 2: It was I just I just you know, Drake is an amazing artist, right, and sometimes like when you've been running it for fifteen years, like fifteen years, like that's unheard of. You have to start smelling yourself, right. But you knew not to play with that guy like we are, Like we've all been in the studio with Jack.
Speaker 5: He's too quiet. You we all all know that that guy wraps works out.
Speaker 3: That's it family.
Speaker 2: So for you to not be prepared for what was coming, man was a slight ass slight to his team. He was a loof and the way they do things as far as like the grief and Drake, No, I just think it was just I just think Dot was like, all right, enough's enough enough enough.
Speaker 3: Oh you want this?
Speaker 5: You drop, drop drop.
Speaker 3: You ain't about to back.
Speaker 5: Out of this.
Speaker 2: You you antagonizing the nigga that you know lyrically you really can't fuck with.
Speaker 5: They called it tickling the tail of the dragon.
Speaker 2: Because you thought he was gonna look at you like, man, I'm doing what I'm doing. No motivation.
Speaker 3: Nah, he this is that dude.
Speaker 2: He went on his last Grammar rat and he said all I wanted to do was be an underground rapper.
Speaker 5: He just said that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all his favorite rappers corrupt, but he just want to He want to rap. So now it's like, oh, this is just going.
Speaker 5: To be rapped. I'm about to go ahead.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do this, and we're gonna do it in front of the public, and we're gonna show you something.
Speaker 5: I just think, you know, we got to watch what a lot of us already knew.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Again, I as far as a beef like you guys all went through beefs. Yeah yeah, yeah that was right. I wrote it that wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this never, this never was going to go outside of you. That's over. So now it's just who can rap the best and who has the best in this time.
Speaker 2: It's about strategy and release and album covers and who said something.
Speaker 5: It's not just the raps.
Speaker 3: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So just strategy wise. You know, we watched TV run this bitch for a long time and now PG lang for you to not be prepared. It's just says that you must have forgotten. He was aloof and he thought he was playing around. He thought that that Kendrick receded and Kendrick was just chilling.
Speaker 5: He likes to be alone. He's come from Kenny. He don't want that thought.
Speaker 2: And I think he thought that we weren't gonna rally behind because you know, Drake has a few records with a few people from the city, and he.
Speaker 5: Got houses out there. Yeah, I mean, can you get more music in Canada? You can still have them, but it's not it's not that.
Speaker 2: But I think he just thought that we were just gonna just like, you know, side with people that that was popular.
Speaker 1: I believe at one point he was like antagonizing him, even posting pictures of his manager, like when are y'all coming back right?
Speaker 3: All of that?
Speaker 5: You asked, Like if a nigga asked to get his ass, whooped? You whoop his ass?
Speaker 2: From where I come from, Like at this point, bro, like you literally were just come outside, Come on, come outside, you knocking on that door?
Speaker 1: You know you know what I'm saying, Like, all right, bullies get beat up too. Because a lot of people were surprised. So you're telling me you wasn't surprised at all. Not the no, at least this was gonna happen.
Speaker 5: Listen, man, there's just some guys you know what the fucker's beat.
Speaker 2: Some guys you just know just like because like, bro, I've never seen like, I've never seen somebody in the studio just all right, let's go. And you think they're just gonna lay like four bars or like eight this Nigga likes the whole song with them, we're voices with the sat It's like, bro, did you have this rick?
Speaker 5: And this was in twenty ten?
Speaker 2: He was doing this. This was pre bag, right, and that's what distractions. He wasn't at you know, as as zen as he is now.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, bro, it was.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 5: It was so dope to watch, you know, Compton do it again, Nigga.
Speaker 3: I tried to get him a deal with EA Sports because when they heard the song that he was on that I produced for NBA Lit ten, they wanted him. And I'm looking at Jay Rock, like, bro, what are y'all going to do with this guy?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 3: This man's voice is crazy. I produced him and I was like, how do I pay him? Like, who do I pay for this guy? Like he's the price when EA sports. I'm getting chills thinking about it. Corrupt merged the fucking We did this theme song for NBA LIT ten and they heard it and they came back. My lawyer was like, David, they wanted to double the price and they want to buy the I'm like, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Kendrick did the little singing on that ship and I'm sure that's why. So I go way back with him, like before he got his deal and all that shit he was doing Section eighty.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Like the way like everybody not from California kind of rally with Dre.
Speaker 5: Was a little interesting to me. The niggas a foreigner bro, Yeah, but man.
Speaker 2: It's so interesting to watch, Like I get New York niggas, Atlanta niggas all in my goddamn comments and deals like you stupid he's this.
Speaker 5: I'm like, bro, bro, not even from America. This is crazy to watch.
Speaker 1: Me question Let's rock because on the new album you got game on there a lot. It's something that I saw personally, Like just me strolling in the net was a lot of California people critiquing Game for jumping out there and actually like not I don't want to say defending Drake, but like taking up his part of the Ross beef. So a lot of California people could see the Game is personally my friend and he's one of my dudes.
Speaker 5: I looked up.
Speaker 1: I think it's one of the dopest lyrical people out there. But I'm just asking you this as a California and you know what I'm saying, this is on your side, so I won't be able to I'm not qualified, you know what I mean to.
Speaker 3: We all love Chuck. We love Chuck.
Speaker 2: Chuck is gonna be Chuck Games is the reason a lot of us are able to move around in this business.
Speaker 5: He sold a lot of records. We all know Chuck. That's our dysfunctional cousin.
Speaker 3: Bro. He gonna do what he want to do when he feels like doing it, and we love him.
Speaker 2: We may be like fuck Chuck some time and can't nobody else say it.
Speaker 3: That's how that's gonna always be like.
Speaker 2: But Bro, Bro has been here before us, and he's had a voice longer than us.
Speaker 5: And if that's his opinion, man, he's a man.
Speaker 2: He can have that, Like he told me, like, Bro, you know, Drake, get my kids, come concert tickets and do all this shit. I can't just like in that relationship. And for him that makes sense. And then I'm I'm full supportive of Game. He's on the album, he gonna be on anything else I do. I'm never from the cut bro off because when she was fucked up for me, he was right there with me. But in this instance, I told him, Bro, chill up, fuck not.
Speaker 3: This one.
Speaker 2: But again, Game don't listen to nobody. And that's part of why we love on tool. You getting what I'm saying, so you know he explained it. And again that's a blog here, man, Yeah.
Speaker 5: The blog, the blog.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying.
Speaker 2: The last seventeen minutes, I was like, Bro, that's a little long winning, but I mean, you know that that's Chuck.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 5: That's Chuck. Bro.
Speaker 3: That's Chuck. Chuck is always going to go left when we go right, but we kind of expect that. And you know what I'm saying, so shout out the Game that he's.
Speaker 2: He's antagonistically brilliant, right because he came to the album and he destroyed that.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Bron. That that Champagne was done with.
Speaker 3: That was Cardier. Bro.
Speaker 1: That was first, was the Cardiac, and now we don't to spend. Yeah, get champagne, champagne. You know what I'm saying, it's a campaign.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 2: Ship though.
Speaker 5: It's amazing, nigga, Bro, I've been holding this bottle like you understand or like u. He brought that ship with security.
Speaker 3: I was like, yo.
Speaker 5: When I was like, what are they drinking? They said bubbles. He got bubbles. I was like finally and I was like, you know what? And I went and I said, no, no, no, no, let me go on my vault. And I went and I looked at that Cardiac and I said, I'm pulling out.
Speaker 3: The bottom like one.
Speaker 1: I want to thank y'all for being classic and being new. That balance is so hard to obtain, you know what I'm saying, saying like that ship is like you, it's in this game like me being you know, Like I'm like, I'm kind of fucking scared to go on the studio with Pharrell because I don't want to sound like any of old ship. But then I don't know, maybe we can't, maybe we can sound like some new ship. But he got so much going on this.
Speaker 5: In my life. And I got so much going on in my life.
Speaker 1: And if I was to tell, if I was to get an opportunity, we get in. You know what I was saying, I wanted to sound like that album. Man, I wanted to be like that. I wanted that to be I want I wanted to be classic, but I wanted to be in this era. And that's what the fuck y'all did.
Speaker 5: Man, So I got to salute that.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: Questions we got. I'm loving it, Okay, okay, tell.
Speaker 1: Us come on, okay, okay, they added ship at the end, motherfuckers. Yeah, every place in this the slave driver, yes, I know, those are the people who write these questions. The Colombian Dominican. A lot of cocaine over there.
Speaker 5: Just in case, just in case you already spice cocaine. That's the worst thing to ever happened. But I have to admit it does smell good. Okay, but you got to cocaine.
Speaker 3: Ever, what happened?
Speaker 5: Tell us? Okay, just like this is just the funniest word ever say cocaine with laughing.
Speaker 1: You cannot say no, It's unpossible. Here again, God, please, can I take minister Society or Boys in the Hood.
Speaker 5: See, I did the soundtrack on one and.
Speaker 2: The other one.
Speaker 3: I'm partial too because I got the chance to see if I gotta do both, there's no way you.
Speaker 5: Can break that. We argue with you the same thing. I'm not only going with. Okay, yeah, we argue with you.
Speaker 3: I little do that. We're here, take this one right here. Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: You've been mixing it.
Speaker 3: Already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, I was ready. For some reason, I feel like ye're both supposed to say both.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm gonna I'm gonna say Boys in the Hood.
Speaker 5: Okay, why I'm.
Speaker 2: Boys in the Hood because I'm I don't gang bang, Like I never gang bang. I call myself like a civilian with attitude like that. And I like Boys in the Hood represented all aspects of the neighborhood. You had the football player, you have, the single mom, you have the single dad. It was more realistic to my story, like I'm Trey in a weird way. Minister Society, though, I love like that was the ship. My mom's was like it Actually, niggas in my neighborhood was like, nah, you can't, you can't do that.
Speaker 3: We see something bigger for you.
Speaker 2: So if I had to pick one, I'm gonna go with that one, just because I was able to relate with that character more than the ones in Minister Society.
Speaker 3: M hm. That's trying to my boy Milly too. Man, he was the young kid in Minister Society.
Speaker 5: Get it pro right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, currency or whiz Khalifa. I gotta go whiz Okay, I got to.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 3: If I don't say whiz Khalifa, I'm never going to his house again. So whisky for Okay used to on the Way resoundingly, christis used to on the way.
Speaker 5: Nas and Jadakiss. If I just nods twice, he didn't coming to my house normal, I thought you picked him up twice. I'm supposed to switch that up because I gotta Jaakis. I did.
Speaker 3: I was on Jadakiss's record when he was on Interscope, and it wuldn't go old. I got a Jadakis plaque in my house. I don't have a Nas plaque, so I have to go Jada kiss Ah. That's tough, alright.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm gonna do this on this Okay, I'll do that thing with you too.
Speaker 2: I'll slow down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got a long game here, Okay, we ain't gambling to this. Go good with like elements hip you know some chips, quick time, quick quick.
Speaker 15: Fire, Yeah, okay, Nip or Draco nip Okay, Wow, I gotta say nip okay.
Speaker 5: Rest in peace, Rest in Peace, se Lo or Andre three thousand, oh Chelo Green Selo part of the album album because there some others, Okay, Larry Junior, Dom Kennedy, Ship, Donads broke my boys shout to Larry though, but Don, Yeah, it's gotta be Don.
Speaker 3: That's my boy.
Speaker 2: Larry June was hard. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think Larry June even choose down Ship. He's that kind of guy.
Speaker 2: Moti inspired the VI. Larry June is Moti. It's a challenge ship be he's a East Karris want to rock him?
Speaker 3: You can't do that to me?
Speaker 5: Which one karas one rock?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh the albums, yeah, Karous one of rock him both because I know them. Okay, So I'm gonna go. We're gonna go. Let's go Japanese whiskey this time. Next next one, I'm in.
Speaker 3: I'm in.
Speaker 5: I like, I like, I like making it up, I like making up the rules. I'm next one, next one, I'm gonna go rock Him Yeah, okay, are you picking rock him quick as the name or Safeless sound me?
Speaker 3: They're the same, baby, they just had to contractually. I had to separate them all, but I would have did. They were all this that's from one line, bro, So they're both the same thing to me. So both goddamn right. Both put down a DJ Quick album and the second one costs is seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: A record, different era.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go saving Sound because that when that came out, I was old enough to understand.
Speaker 5: What he was talking about. And Summer Breeze is still one of my favorite songs.
Speaker 3: You love for that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, King T or m C eight, I work with both. They both come in right, Yeah yeah, m C eight. Taylor my dog like my friend, Like I fox with Taylor, I gotta go.
Speaker 2: I called him the godfather of Compton bro Like I really, I really wish he stood out, just walked outside a little bit more.
Speaker 5: And what he inspired with alcoholics and the whole thing that man inspired Biggie Smalls Like bro King T was like, I don't think he gets enough credit, to be honest with you, it's just about coming outside and taking it right now. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, i'mnna go ye drink.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to drink. I was trying to do the thing. But I say you can do this.
Speaker 3: I say both.
Speaker 5: I got a drink right, you did it for us?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How long is this game?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna bringing on purpose man, not making it too long? This is that's too long now. But we're having fun though, Okay. I definitely got to ask you this. Yes, almost positive. The way you're gonna answer.
Speaker 3: Digital or analog, that's just that it's fund up because now I can't live without either one of them. If I say digital, my ship might stop working when I get home. That's just since it is it's energy. Analog is harder, it's longer, it's everything a man wants to be.
Speaker 5: I didn't catch that back.
Speaker 3: It's just it's it's big, it's huge, it's a movie, is cinematic. It's it makes you cry, like you know, it makes your skin crawl when you put strings on it.
Speaker 5: It's just some beast in and of itself. I mean that ship.
Speaker 1: I always say that, I always pick analog because analog, to me, we all had to be in the same room.
Speaker 3: To work magic.
Speaker 6: It was it you that I quoted somebody and I'm not sure now if it was you, I believe it was. You said something about analog capturing like like the energy in the room.
Speaker 2: Think about it.
Speaker 3: We're magnetic, so it catches the energy the vibrations of the person too.
Speaker 6: If you near that tape machine you feel a static on It's just what tape is everything?
Speaker 5: Like we are we just released a cassette like tape is tape?
Speaker 2: Is it all?
Speaker 4: So tell you all the reasons why the other one is great.
Speaker 2: Forever? Yeah, just for workflow, okay, like workflow, Like workflow is just like a lot quicker.
Speaker 5: We can like analog pieces and then put it into digital.
Speaker 2: That works great, Like I think that's what this album did, Like he grabs a lot of analog pieces.
Speaker 5: And we're allowed to like run it through analogue in the digital space.
Speaker 2: And with the clock speed, you have people say that damn hear don there, Like yes, it's like what is this clock universal?
Speaker 3: It stops jitter in the in the digital field and sonically, it's not a record that you will hear one time right and hate it after that, Like it's cool, but something about it it's just it's too just as loud destroyed.
Speaker 5: What it's it's analog clocking. It just stops jitter.
Speaker 3: It just makes every digital clock, every digital slave master to it. So it's it mimics analog the best, and that's what it is. It's it's it's almost like if you think, you just say you want.
Speaker 2: So basically the number that you see on the analog machines, like you know, if you if you're like playing a tape or if you're doing a dance or whatever, there's actually a crack going right the clock, like the millisecond or exactly. The clocks that are in his his actual MAC are the closest to adaptments.
Speaker 3: They're really expensive analog to digital converters.
Speaker 5: Right, they're just a we call it a DS.
Speaker 3: You're short, you engineer at all?
Speaker 5: No, I mean I'm rounding. So you guys from the West, you should come to the studio with me.
Speaker 2: You imagine, imagine you being able to run seven programs at once, like imagine like sometimes the Michael cut off are right right, right, it's too much computing with his ship, you can put up fifteen different things, be recording, be mixing, playing a movie, playing I.
Speaker 3: Nothing stopped like his ship never tap.
Speaker 5: Into the ether. Everything. It's like I'm a beast. It's like the speed, it's all real time. Bro, It's crazy wow. And the sound of it when people come in like I'm so came in.
Speaker 3: He was like he was. He said, test two whim problem said, do you want us to, you know, get it together for you? Like you know, dotty man?
Speaker 5: He said, Man, this.
Speaker 3: Should sound perfect already, And I think he only he could hear it in the headphones. He pushed recording. That's what y'all got.
Speaker 6: One tape, one tape, because that's the thing about analogue, the warmth that gives you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fuzzy, it's it's warm and wide. It's that alcohol. Y'all gotta beat that. He's gonna be.
Speaker 16: Made still dre a nothing but nothing but a g One is the low Rider record. The one is the record that started it all.
Speaker 3: That's been voted the number one hip hop record of all time Percidon anybody.
Speaker 5: I would have flipped the way you just said it. But okay, you know the G thing was it? I look at you think it's a low Riding record though too? Well?
Speaker 3: No, no, do you think is a thing that it was low Riders in the video.
Speaker 5: But maybe that's what.
Speaker 3: Still Dre is like the dre like being the drum machine compared editor with the Chicago piano, like showing off his ship. But g thing is just the fucking syrup that make the pancake bang out. Bros. I'm gonna go to thing.
Speaker 5: You can hear that that's the time. I mean, they're both timeless, but g thing, I think, well, life changed.
Speaker 3: I was lucky enough because I knew should to get to go to the studio and watch drain them make those records.
Speaker 5: You know, oh so drink to that ship, even if it's not a fine fuck it.
Speaker 1: I gotta like take take a chance for this opportunity. Because one of the things that we spoke to m C eight uh that lasked him, I said, you know, you know what happened when you know, like you performed in front of him and you dissed them. And then he also told us about the time about them the mom and sug that he should stepped to and pulled them over or something like that to him, like his mom to be say like what is the affiliation with you? One should like you? What I think he said he was managing you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's my manager at one point. I mean he was one of the first people I had ever signed to, Like I signed to Yeah, I signed to him. They had a record label called Funky Enough Records with him and DLC. But he was always good to me, like that during Ruthless, before Ruthless, before before Less, like it was when he broke off he I don't think he was doing security anymore. He got with this guy and got an investor and came and just started signing talent. And I was one of people he signed Ruthless.
Speaker 5: That's bad.
Speaker 3: I mean, think about look at the timeline. I was there. Wow, I was there when.
Speaker 5: Eighteen nineteen.
Speaker 2: Wow, damn.
Speaker 5: I thought Dick Griffy.
Speaker 3: Wanted me Solar. I wish I would have signed with Dick Griffy Solar. Yeah, but he took Dre now got there.
Speaker 5: Didn't Solar do something with with Sugar as well?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: They mentored him like Solar made the video, used the studio, right, Am I wrong about that?
Speaker 3: I'm just being hell reflective, like when I say, you know, Simon was a part of a lot of that ship, Like I forgive him, like he did some fucked up ship to me, like he did some fucked up ship to everybody else. But I'm over, like I haven't heard about contract wise, I was never signed to him, okay, but he represented me like like about a year or whatever. But he was too busy with fucking Joji and Park. It was like, man, gonna let you have that, bro, you.
Speaker 5: Got your hands pull over.
Speaker 6: I go over here and do it myself. Crazy crazy all those people. Everybody's like Chris Crossings.
Speaker 3: But you know, I feel like I could talk like this because honestly, my coast is united and galvanized.
Speaker 6: So that's which, in turn, is I think uniting and galvanizing hip hop around the nation. To be honest with you, I don't know if you guys see it from that side, but I feel like it's doing a lot for the entire it.
Speaker 3: We're in the magnifying class.
Speaker 5: But I love it.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 3: And the music is dope, And like you said, my clocks are and they're they're in pervious the best clocks in the game.
Speaker 5: Clocks. This is the first. All right, No niggas, If you can pick being just the artist or just a producer, I'll be a producer. I'm a producer. Now, just you would pick that? Would you want to be Quincy Jones or James Ingram.
Speaker 3: Just one?
Speaker 5: All right, okay, so you will pick being a producer, motherfucker right. That's I never wanted. I'm jam Master J Bro'm the d J.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to be in the background, rocking about and dropping the rhythm for my fucking artist to just go and be fucking.
Speaker 5: The most important part that hasn't doesn't have to be seen exactly.
Speaker 3: And they pushed me off front. It was like the white niggas was like, no, you go do it, you just start. I'm like, I'm the DJ. I can't do both of them.
Speaker 2: Like it's just.
Speaker 5: Whatever. So yeah, you can take my wrapping all that ship away. I'll be quiet DJ quick. Yeah, I ain't gonna lie. I didn't. I didn't expect that one. And that's what you're gonna say, alcohol, I really gonna sheepish.
Speaker 3: I get to hear them ship.
Speaker 5: But you're like Jason was just.
Speaker 1: Going through a boot ball face and like because now I imagine.
Speaker 3: A world and I was like, right over John Carpenter, nigga, Yeah, but ship, I mean, I'll be writing all that ship.
Speaker 5: I'll be fucking I'll be Danny Elfman.
Speaker 2: He's dangerous and the stuff you scored a movie, you're that right kind of dangerous.
Speaker 5: I scored.
Speaker 3: I scored Head of State for Chris Rock with Mircus Miller. I scored Young j Z's documentary like one of his Doug motivation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you got something. We got something coming up to right now? Yeah, scoring is the ship.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we can I say, no, let me know, we got something, we got something coming out Oka, get ready, get ready?
Speaker 3: Okay, pro tools or logic to day for sure, But I started on logic. You can't do both though, No, Nah, I can't even look that far back because it eventually still goes the pro tools no matter what other things it's going to hit. That's the common denominator. That's the defect in our masters. That's the defacto.
Speaker 5: D A W. Lady of Rage or Eve. I work with both of them. That's that's not fair both, Okay, don't ask why? Yeah, I like that. I like that Champagne, I mean that with that. Oh yeah, Chris RockA Dave Chappelle. That's not fair. I work with both they both both, Okay, all right on just.
Speaker 3: Real quick, Can I designate a shot taker for this one?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: You can, because you can do that, you can do this. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Me and my boy j Haro quick, you want to get just that's that's your son over there to David.
Speaker 5: The presidential X right there. Okay, I see he get out.
Speaker 3: So you got this shot? He said, I'll take this shot. This This guy was so important.
Speaker 5: Just sit down. Give him a seat so you can sit down.
Speaker 3: Oh to go back a little bit. I scored John Henry. It was a movie that went to Netflix. It was number one on like Netflix. People loved it or hated it, but it was It's fucking terry crews and ludicris. It's like a sci fi kind of thing. It kept people, you know, and you know, kept them entertained during the scamdemic.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're gonna take the show number one, jay Worthy, you already took mine. Yeah. Hey, that's what me wanting. Bro, that's your joint.
Speaker 3: That's that's what.
Speaker 5: You're doing right here.
Speaker 3: This takes you to another place though, I know I'm already there. Religious ceremonies with this. I missed my bus stop one stop ago. No I with that ship though. When I'm out there. It's like that ship. I feel like I'm in the Caribbean.
Speaker 5: Okay, exhibit or it's for you problem exhibit.
Speaker 3: That's my doll, that's my dog.
Speaker 5: Like that man, that man.
Speaker 2: The last six seven years of my life has changed it just with conversations man like on a personal level. He he teaches me like man ship like superman ship. Bro, you know what I'm saying. I like, right now, we're trying to work out something with some other plays together. His album is coming out. It's phenomenal. I wish he stopped pump faking it here. He's been like Lyric, got all this albums over there, put that ship out.
Speaker 5: But X for sure on some personal ship.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes.
Speaker 5: You want to you want to ask, you want to in on it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I guess people can't see my face on the radio, fucking X because X is the brother that I do ship like this for. He's working on this new record and he has a Sony C eight hundred condenser microphone and the microphone breaks. So we go to the studio and he's got this annoyman ship up there and I'm like, what what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 5: Like he was like feeling like, you know, like his his for.
Speaker 3: I already got a bun tire on it, and I took his broken microphone, like, bro, you can't do this because it's not gonna be consistent quality controlled. Me kicked in, it's not gonna be consistent with the other songs. You're gonna have to re record anyway because they do two different things.
Speaker 5: He was like like, so what.
Speaker 3: So I gave him my Sony C eight hundred. It took his to my specialists, who repaired it over maybe a month or two. But it didn't change his flow, Like I just subbed him mind. And those microphones are like fifteen thousand dollars a piece. So I do shit like that for my boy. And you continue recording this brilliant ass record he's talking about. It's a fuckings, it's a movie. It's the funniest thing ever. It's his best work in a very long time. And I worked on The Restless SELFI y'all got a platinum plat for that, but this shit, it's like a month.
Speaker 5: It's like a monkey party. You're talking about records that haven't come out yet. Album He's sitting there holding oh yeah, put it up.
Speaker 3: To be. Dre is fastidious when it comes to judging the record, and you wouldn't want anything else. Let him critique you, let him get the last fucking word, because he's not wrong and he hasn't been, so that's what you have to do. But this record is going to come out and it's gonna be fucking fired. Y'all gonna trip. It's ask yeah.
Speaker 5: Yet one.
Speaker 2: Wave plugins, Wave plugins or Universal audio plugins. I use both, but universal audio is the reason that I'm part of the sound. That's what I'm gonna get you for Christmas.
Speaker 3: These clocks they finally got him better than Antelope, which are really finite, really accurate lo jitter low digital smear clocks. I'm about to buy him one Universal Audio all day. Shout out to Bill Putningham and Bill Putnham Junior. I love y'all fucking music, y'all. The reason that I know I'm good to Grammy at some point point because of the sound. So thank you.
Speaker 6: How you're getting into text space, the way you're talking about all these things, Bro, you need to get a part of this text bace and get that money from Dave Jobs.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say we'll be all right.
Speaker 10: Bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah good tu. Yeah you got Kanye or Dre doctor Dre. Yeah, it's not even Kanye is a little me like he's simple. But he told me simple music, simple your drums. I'm like thanks, Yeah, yeah she was a comfortable. But but it's really both. I ain't gonna hate it. I know you're gonna be like Dre all day. But Kanye was never mean to me.
Speaker 2: So both I'm I'm actually going to say Ray, but I would love to see a Dre versus Kanye versus.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: No, I don't ever happen. I don't think it'll ever happen. I'm just I would love that would be. I think I do think Dray will win. But if I watch this thing, oh my, I think.
Speaker 5: That was a parallel universe.
Speaker 6: You're talking about itself, this battle, I get to watch and all, and then the artists that will come out on the record, even the songs, the way the stage will be set up with both Like.
Speaker 2: So you know how Dre did Super Bowl, Yeah, he does his thing like letting them.
Speaker 5: Get to that size something I never even thought about that.
Speaker 3: Again, I'm taking Drake the heart.
Speaker 5: I will. I would sit there and be like, Yo, there's probably about some basics my life, my life. He's like a promoter right now.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan, bro like, I don't let I don't let myself get so in this music.
Speaker 5: But he said both, so we gotta drink.
Speaker 3: I don't know myself gets what I like?
Speaker 5: Ainybody trying to make you like nothing else you got. You're strange, man.
Speaker 3: I love them both.
Speaker 5: Man, he loves me. Man, Okay, game or Rick Ross? I got game you're talking about like better rapper whatever for you?
Speaker 3: It's whatever game. I'm biased. I'm biased, bro.
Speaker 5: I respect that. I'll take Hurricane ka mm hmm. That's right. I mean I think we already said m J and Prince. Yeah, I stole that question early. I didn't even know if you had that. Why you ain't asked Magic versus Bird like them kind of questions. I mean, you know it's gonna be if it's a shot in there whatever, I'm not getting it down with.
Speaker 2: I'll go Kobe versus Lebron though. I mean m J for sure, Kby over MJ for sure? Easy, you're picking Kobe for sure? What do you mean he did more or less?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Generation love what you were just gonna get this can get this can get crazy if we did, okay, because I'm staying out of it. I mean, was I wish, I wish sports.
Speaker 3: I can tell you what it is. Really it is definitely Kobe Bean over Michael Jordan, because we tried to say hi to Michael Jordan at the MGM Grand Hotel and he sonned us so bad.
Speaker 2: He fell up.
Speaker 3: I fell mid, but he got het. But I've always had fun with Kobe whenever we hung out like Kobe, I did like Kobe was toy drives and ship type ships, like whole ships.
Speaker 5: What happened with Jordan tell us nothing, that's it. He just didn't want to funk with us.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to go say, how did this dude because he was in there being a hot dude was gam I wanted to talk about his excessive gambling. But half a million dollars in like over the course of just a couple of hours. It's like, are you just showing off? Like I know you can dunk, but that's how you feel about your mother. But it was just weird to me to see that at that young age, I could did so much with that money. So what happened you try to try to. You know, he wasn't nigga, stay away from us, get these niggas away from me. I don't do niggas. I was like, he's right, that's what his own story story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we won't shoes. Mine gave me some sign shoes. I never won.
Speaker 3: Mine is all hoop, It's all hoop.
Speaker 2: It's just Michael Jordan's never won a playoff series without Scottie Pippen.
Speaker 17: Okay, like ever, you got the real sports ship. Like, he's never won a fucking He's never got in the first round.
Speaker 5: You know, you see, I can see how you get.
Speaker 3: He never got out the.
Speaker 2: First round ever without Scotty Piper. Scotty Pippen was a live away from championship. They won sixty some games. The last year before he went retired.
Speaker 5: What you got, you got something?
Speaker 3: They won seventy two. No, you got to take off.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the year before he retired. They won high fifties, late sixty games. Right, the year he retired, Scottie Pippen wins fifty five games.
Speaker 3: Scotty almost went to the finals. So we got.
Speaker 5: Right right Game seven, bro like.
Speaker 3: That, Scotty got shipped on legacy wise.
Speaker 5: No, it has nothing to do with Pippen. This is about saying, can we say that as well? No, I'm just talking about.
Speaker 2: Michael Jordan never winning a playoff series without that one guy, and we can't say that about call.
Speaker 5: That's why you said Kobe is the better. We did it with Shy, then he did it with Luke Walton. That did it matter who he was. I'm just saying, though, these are the fast.
Speaker 3: Kobe ain't doing fast.
Speaker 5: Kobe bing never played with Lebron James.
Speaker 2: This is the fact you are the smartest smart the smartest tune in the talk.
Speaker 3: You're the drill with the little screws.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 3: You are hey man having the sum Bro.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: Remember we're not talking about.
Speaker 5: You know, six six.
Speaker 2: One man.
Speaker 5: What exceeds exceeds it's a great No.
Speaker 2: No, I think Michael Michael Jordan has Michael Jordan.
Speaker 5: Has better shoes. But that's the fact he has better shoes for sure players, he has better show basketball.
Speaker 2: But when it comes to that whole ship like like twelfth Man on the on the twelfth Man first.
Speaker 5: Ship about it, that's crazy, bro, think about it.
Speaker 3: We're talking about that man and he's been for for four years, right, Kobe, Yeah, right, what's the last two years of this millennium?
Speaker 2: Where are we living in? What year is this twenty four?
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm, Uh.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's simple Kobe here, Kobe, Yeah, we just gave me. We're gonna leave that along, you know what I'm saying. But I've talked to this conversation with a few people and it's just like it's not that far as everybody try to say it is, right, But.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Kobe made it miss for all the little Lakers kids.
Speaker 3: To test your head. I mean, shah.
Speaker 12: Sure, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want to take it.
Speaker 1: Back of Elly or against the world, both of y'all. Y I tried to like get cross out of it, and look, both of y'all know, he.
Speaker 3: Said, mcablly because it came after All Eyes on Me, which was the album that I mixed a lot of, not all of it. Then Doctor Dre mixed them fucking you Can't see Me in California Love and sent that ship into the front room and.
Speaker 5: Made the speakers almost catch.
Speaker 3: Your fire, niggas Doctor d B putting the speakers on fire.
Speaker 2: Mcavelly Macabelly blast for me one of my favorite Tupop songs ever. Ever, it's like horribly mixed. It's like it's it's like ratchet, but it's like the vocals mcabelly. You're talking about mcavelly, but blasphemy. The song number five, okay, my favorite tupop song ever. I didn't mix it. That's why it sucks. Mixed it, I don't know, it sucks you crazy? She said, up, that's what you liked about it, Like what I fucked with. You could tell it was like you could tell it was just like that. Nigga was really mad that day, and even if it was mixed, he was just yelling.
Speaker 5: See me, send me some of that record.
Speaker 3: Playing right now.
Speaker 5: Nobody got to take a piss on me every time. Hey man, I'm too much into this ship. I can't I can't move.
Speaker 3: I can't move.
Speaker 5: I can't move, and I'm trying to think of what RECOGNI is.
Speaker 3: You know about that when you.
Speaker 1: Said back when I said, mcafello, you know what's fucked up. I didn't know music by names at that time. I was like, I'm like number seventeen, but number twelve.
Speaker 5: So if you said number five, I'm thinking of the number that was the CD era, So I'm thinking of the number. So I'm like, like, that was fun up. You remember that era that lets you know a number five on your CD? I like how you call it was that you don't remember?
Speaker 2: That's the CD era, like the BA the base when I dropping you here, don't start that that should just like yo, y'all got it.
Speaker 5: They say Jesus was a common man.
Speaker 3: You understand the records sold three million units like that. But the mix wasn't dope they needed. There was some magic it needed.
Speaker 2: Hey, I did listen Omars pure, It's happy, just another jo God.
Speaker 5: It's still should have been mixed. Mockers so much profits that we even knew that mix was fucked up. Just said it, yow.
Speaker 2: Her was terrible.
Speaker 5: It's terrible.
Speaker 3: It's terrible.
Speaker 5: I didn't even repeat that that was great. It was terrible. Like the storted vocals speaking ship though he was talking bro. It made it where I had to listen to the words.
Speaker 3: Will produced that record. I think like one producer did that project. He mixed it and produced a whole. Yeah, it was hard to listen to out there. We just did all that work on all lives on me. It was like and he died too, he had listened to what he did. It was like, don't die, just come on vacation. It was the same stop working to get himself to death.
Speaker 2: Put some furniture in this mansion, you know, talking about Yeah, I won't even be a homebody.
Speaker 1: He said, that makes me I didn't understand you to you and said it Marymo and then he said and then I was like all right, cool. You know that album was so disruptive like that, but it was dope. So everyone still had to listen like like like I know this, but Drake. I love Drake, but I know he gotta like not like us too, Like I know he gotta like it. It's like because it's just a dope record. So even if somebody say that, like.
Speaker 5: How you put that, like sometimes sits just dope. It's just like yo, like you just said, like you going at it like this, this is a line that you like his that he said about you.
Speaker 3: It's like it was the thing.
Speaker 5: But that record was a high record, like he went gold with that record.
Speaker 3: This record against me. Yeah, yeah, he fucked me out. I was in some random hood when I heard the record too, Like somebody.
Speaker 2: Said, ship I got I got eighteen rims look like movie rules.
Speaker 5: I'm flying easy bought me and I listened to this.
Speaker 2: Nigga and fucking the i E an apartment building. This nigga getting off on me and somebody's I'm listening to it.
Speaker 3: I'm in the i E Hot Hottest fish greed, so I'm like, this nigga is getting me again. I thought we just talked.
Speaker 5: I said, let's got this each other.
Speaker 3: I wanted to fuck the Source magazine because they was just eating off that ship all our beefs. So it's like, bro, let's just get it, do a record together and just fuck them up.
Speaker 5: He was like SHEI.
Speaker 3: I was like, but he had already finished this song, so he couldn't tell me that because it would have been irate dude, I don't know or whatever, like the real ship. It was like it was but it's still dope. But it ended up like the record came out. He couldn't say that. He didn't already shoot at me. Just bullet just hit me.
Speaker 5: After he left right.
Speaker 3: From like no Vascollino like that let me know it was cool to be that was the record disrespectful. Yeah, to be man to be, damn said, and he just him all the way to the end when the record goes off. Everything he's everybody when the record goes off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, no vasline is the title of the record is disrespectful. Yeah, you know you know that you can't like with the white ass man. Yeah, And to see them flip on each other.
Speaker 2: That she was like, but they loved each other because que ran into Easy in New York and he was like his business.
Speaker 5: You did what you have to do, and you said he wanted to work with Dre for his solo project and I just found that to hang Shockley and Keith Shockley kind of publican in me the album.
Speaker 2: But he did. Yeah, America's most want It just happened to happen after that would have been and Dre.
Speaker 5: He was looking for another producer, but he really wanted Dre to produce it. Wow.
Speaker 1: Imagine he would have been dissing them and still having Dre producer.
Speaker 5: No, no, he was missing him on that record.
Speaker 3: Was a new chapter.
Speaker 5: They came at him with the Bends.
Speaker 3: One hundred miles and Run. It's called Ben Victor Arnold. But it was a lot of ship. It was just like you know now, it was full because the three couldn't make it Like we watched that beef and hated it the whole time. I was hanging out with Easy while he was beef, and it was like, this is weird because I just seen you, like fucking water the Bush Club all just coom by. Everybody was chilling like nigga. Everybody was there like all the n W A ran Everybody wasn't exaggerated.
Speaker 5: But Yellow was there, Drey was there, c was there.
Speaker 3: Easy there do you think because it was the time it took to get records out like they were like the.
Speaker 5: Press final in the final, and then they have fixed it by then. It's like one of the greatest conversations on drinking all that stuffy white the white label was the league bro.
Speaker 3: So that same at least two months to get too much. At least.
Speaker 5: They got to keep week wants to be it still been on because you still thought I.
Speaker 1: Did that, But I did that was crazy because if I want to tell you.
Speaker 5: Like this, when we did L A l A.
Speaker 3: As the answer to New York, New York, this is the answer to the New York, New York. I drink that.
Speaker 5: The only verse that even sounded remotely because we didn't sound like this.
Speaker 4: It wasn't this.
Speaker 3: It was just it was like this.
Speaker 5: I was like New York, New York, l A, l A.
Speaker 1: But what I try to tell you is odgy was his verse was the only verse that's referred to l A.
Speaker 5: Like none of us said l A. And he said the intro and the intro no, no, no, We just copied them back because they like it was like it was like, what's up, what's up?
Speaker 3: What's up? What's up?
Speaker 1: So there was nothing on this, but Prodigy said JFK on our way to l A. And by the time the record came out, Prodigy took the worst off and he said he didn't want to be a part of the record. And then when he didn't want to be a part of the record, that's we hit him up came out and he was like, I want to be a part of the record again.
Speaker 5: But it was it was that too much. Was the only one who took his verse off. Man, he was the only one that actually attacked think about it, because but pack is hearing the original version. If I would have waited it too much that we have now that did you lost some translation would have never been they would have been hit them up, but it wouldn't have been disinvolved deep and it wouldn't have been dising nona.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 1: Yes, wouldn't be got fixed before the album came up.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yeah. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's too much span and we're talking about That's why. That's why I love your answer when I say analog and digital, because I love analog for when it comes to music, when it's coming in like in time, like like if us doing a record, like if I get a DJ quick beat, I.
Speaker 5: Want to be a studio. You know what I'm saying. But then I like, I like analog because sometimes you gotta fix some ship or digital.
Speaker 1: Excuse because sometimes you gotta fix some ship in real time. So yeah, that's the funniest ship in the world. That's what made the beef with with Dodd, and it's real time utilizing the strategy.
Speaker 5: Is coming out. I ain't gonna lie of different they were kings of the Internet, because I ain't gonna lie to you.
Speaker 1: I was waking up every morning going downstair. I live on a beachy that this doesn't matter, but I go downstairs and I was drinking my little coffee.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, which one has dropped the record down and.
Speaker 1: Then we get downstairs by myself and just drinking coffee and everybody.
Speaker 6: Responding on Twitter in real time, the fans of the people involved, like that's like it was mixtapes and it was yet to respond on a magazine.
Speaker 5: To record it, to get it mixed. Both of them are King Internet. So that's the reason why.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know if that was a word, but yeah, but like they knew how to use the Internet.
Speaker 5: So that's it was, like I said, this was the biggest rap battle. You corrected me.
Speaker 3: I said, King Internet.
Speaker 1: We mean rap beat like a rap batrap. We don't mean beat back on the street beat. And I've never been anywhere in the world. And everyone was talking about that ship.
Speaker 6: But but but we got to go back to you and m C eight. But I think is so dope is that it was actually a real problem at one point. And the most beautiful thing is that you guys are both friends today and I think that's amazing and thank God for that.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Right, Let's we all pray for Kendrick Lamar and Drakes and Drake right now, things and like that as well, you know what I'm saying, Like I think the great greatest moment hip hop and seeing him and mc et together great moments and hip hop, seeing you know, common sense and we don't know.
Speaker 5: There's different times, different ways of this all this.
Speaker 2: Nigger got a lyric on our record? Okay, cool, we got a record, a lyric on a troop of copper? Okay, shocky? What's uh talk about? Independently speaking?
Speaker 5: And because the right all the time, see each other is still alive.
Speaker 2: Start pretending with beef and plucky the way each other in public, pretending.
Speaker 5: That's not a beef. But we don't lost too many people for real.
Speaker 3: It's like to be like ship. You know what I'm saying. We're just rapping.
Speaker 2: It ain't deep, it's not it's not posted saying we're not beefing. If we disagree publicly, we're not.
Speaker 3: We're not.
Speaker 2: I don't not like you personally, but I'm We're human. I don't have to agree with everything you do.
Speaker 5: Absolutely you have a beef for somebody on records, and the great it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, everybody's went through shit in this, you know what I'm saying, But not no, because ain't nobody died and I ain't send nobody after nobody, and nobody send nobody after me. I've been in competition since I started, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But nah, hell no, I don't do that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: Do we feel we live in different times where there are artists they they kill you.
Speaker 3: I feel sorry. I ain't gonna say feel sorry. I just don't agree with the the the danger on that side of being a young artist in hip hop. I don't agree with the how how mortal real. It's how mortal it is. It's a fucking it should be fun. Like are you not having fun in the form in the years of your life? Like what's just like the little kids that just got shot live? I can't here in Florida, I'm not that's some bullshit. Like I got kids right now that want to be they're young and they want to die their hair like x x xiden owned hear me?
Speaker 5: Little kids like that, don't they want to relate to that. They want o g almost because that's because.
Speaker 2: To them, that's what they want to be. Like Like, so you know, how do you martyr a hip hop artist? Like stop that ship? That should never happened. So that's for him too, bro, Like he was the first, like red Flag guys like industry wide, he went.
Speaker 5: Through a whole lot of ship. You know what I'm saying as far.
Speaker 3: I don't have PTSD, not ship, it's just what it is, man. I mean, I'm you know, I wanted to be ems for Christ's six, So I see. It's such another way.
Speaker 5: You think social media that it's in real time and that's are you kidding?
Speaker 3: Like that's that's the drop a dot and send your location so we can scrap.
Speaker 5: That gives you too much time to do something negative.
Speaker 3: It's like that's not right, you know, And why this have to be the most mortal business that there is when you know it's more dangerous than being a fucking like a skyscraper builder, you know, motherfucker walking fucking I beams. Just how can it be more dangerous than that when it's a fun game. Exactly just music, Bro's just jams, like exactly, make the party song, don't do the new fifty cent this record and y'all let me put them up. I'm a share this and I hope you all take it to the young people out here and should the camera directly if you want to be like an artist in this music business and you want a nickname, don't do like us. Don't put the word gangster in your name because you're gonna have to answer to that.
Speaker 5: Ship by the Street might not make it too long, So don't don't.
Speaker 3: Don't give yourself stupid nicknames like you know young did one on one like you know what I'm saying like, because it's gonna end up happening. Words become things. So pick your all nicknames wisely and rock out. I'm DJ Quick It's a good nickname. Jason Martin artist. Be an artist for sure, But don't dish your homeboys, don't dis the hood, don't put a dot on yourself. Don't become a targets. That's it's counterintuitive. You want to live as long as you want to be old. We ain't trendy, but I'm old. Yeah, but you want to be able to say that you got old too. That's how that works. Stall that was all.
Speaker 5: I'm still on quick song. Yes we are slow time with Slime. That's beautiful. I love it. We got the luxury right.
Speaker 2: Oh ship brother fu they send it.
Speaker 3: It's my motherfucker eyes sight is going all right?
Speaker 5: Did we do NPC?
Speaker 6: Yet?
Speaker 5: We did it? NPC? Three thousand X or MPC three thousand, Yes, yeah, two thousand, that's so yeah two thousand.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's like.
Speaker 5: The next one up is just it's kind of too many options.
Speaker 2: It takes away from when you actually get protuns and you can't funk around too much. It's like when you're touching the path you want to be at a like, it's something about the real time on the touch that's still there in the two thousand that's not there in the one after that.
Speaker 5: Like I like that joint that dam use, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: That's a lie. That's the NPC.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's probably the closest.
Speaker 2: But if you like really a doubt in in the NPC, it's something about that one that still kind of holds. Yeah, Like yeah, cat he still pull that joint out. Like the ones that like really know how to like touch it, they ain't mimic that right there yet, you know what I'm saying. That was the last one good I heard that.
Speaker 5: It's my turn here.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Jackie o'donnald CEO of a Kai Electronics. Ind it's always class. That's why you just sitting list and.
Speaker 5: Get the message.
Speaker 3: Yo, shout out to doctor Roger Lynn oh shit, for making the NPC three thousand. Shout out to Jackie o'donald for letting me help design the NPC Renaissance. I was a part of the beta testing team for that machine. So it was Teddy Riley we helped build the Renaissance, and we wanted it to be just like the NPC three thousand, because it already was a two thousand, because it was digital well as we say, it was a sound card. You couldn't put anything, and it wasn't stand alone. And we also made it sound like the SE twelve hundred, the pushbow button, and it had real time cues like you can do all your edits just right on the fly time stretching already, and now you can upgrade it to stems if you want.
Speaker 5: But the three thousand, I whoop.
Speaker 3: Niggas ask in the dark with that motherfucker, I mean in the club came off that motherfucker safe in sound way too funky, All eyes on me, fucking Janet Jackson's record, fucking oh my god, Donard's is this fucking wait?
Speaker 5: Hold on, Whitney Houston, Devik Cox, Tony, Tony, Tony, Let's.
Speaker 3: Get down r Kelly home Along, hold on, hold on, There's more, and wait, there's more, there's more.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Sugar Freeze album.
Speaker 3: Uh, the thing I did for Jermaine Dupree on the fucking Life of fourteen seventy one album.
Speaker 5: God damn it, all these what else.
Speaker 3: Fucking Snoop Dogg, Warren G moss Burg, fucking all the soundtrack ships, all the fucking what I do? How to be a player minister Society? All that ship came off the dumbass drum machine, bro Renaissance, the three thousand. The Renaissance is the one design. The Renaissance is like, what was your first machine? It was a six oh six two R six oh six by Rolling Boat. What's their little subsidiary name, the little Boss Boss? I had a Boss t R six oh six in nineteen eighty five. Nope, but I also had access to a Lendrom. Uh, the same one that Press used in nineteen ninety four at the studio in Hollywood.
Speaker 5: In nineteen eighty four, studio in Hollywood. What is itv or nev or Avalon?
Speaker 3: You just asked, yeah, yeah, nev Well, I had Avalon BT seven thirty seven s P and they they're dope. They just the chows go out and they're kind of sometimes fussy to get choose for him, Neive Rupert Neve was on the greatest electronic designers ever.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 3: His slew rates on his motherfucking ns in seventy three yard to be admired. He's the reason that Nirvana's records sound.
Speaker 5: Like that forever in the day.
Speaker 3: Neve is the ship, and that's the preamp set we use for this Trooper Cobo album. I used eve Wow before digital Art, before the Apollo, before the interface. I used it before that, Like I get the sound outside and it's a fucking IO one focus right. Preamp is a fucking Celine Dion. Need that motherfucker she stopped being stiff on that bitch.
Speaker 6: What.
Speaker 3: I wasn't a joker.
Speaker 5: Producing and rapping both, y'all. I asked him that. Yeah, I didn't ask you that. I don't think you answered it.
Speaker 3: I asked him that already, because you are a producer, Bro, and we need you as a producer, so bang, go ahead, bang, Like.
Speaker 2: I started as a producer, But I don't know, man, It's something about that stage, Bro.
Speaker 11: It's intoxicated about he was gonna say producer and it almost stay rapper because I think because like, if I can be a rapper, why he produces, I can be my best version of a rapper.
Speaker 2: Like if I'm just if I'm a rapper and the producer isn't producing me, then I have to become the producer.
Speaker 5: Then I can't be my best version of a rapper.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like, so this project Rose Krantz is where I sound the best in my whole career because I didn't have to like like I think, push like to I.
Speaker 3: Gotta make the beat.
Speaker 5: I gotta mix the beat.
Speaker 2: I gotta think of how the video gonna look, what I'm gonna wear, all of this ship that you have to do when you are independent artist. So with this I can literally just be like all right, he can eat forty and just tell me where to go.
Speaker 5: I'm my best in that.
Speaker 2: So I would say rapper or rapper for sure got in New York. Well then if you're gonna do that right here on drink chance was just the starting the group one d m C.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 5: This nigga right here, how did you come up with you? For Cobra? This guy that's just finished, so shout out to good luck forming on his bad luck.
Speaker 2: My partner Ron, we used to just play around like we'll be riding on road trips or whatever. I be like, yeah, I've seen four tube of covers in my life. To him, he was like, man, shot the funk. I'm like, yeah, he time you.
Speaker 5: Go down and dry day, like right here and right here. So that was just a joke in l A. Right, it was a joke. We're going through. I've heard of gablas in places, but I don't know l A popular one.
Speaker 2: I say, what it did was make He went and did his homework on what it was, and then I told him so I always just like, man, I should call something that either a shirt, some like a beverage or whatever. We just had the name wrote down. So then when we were doing the project, bro, what the we're gonna call this ship? You know what I'm saying. So I'm thinking, I'm like, oh, the one thing that all the goats are afraid of.
Speaker 5: The ghost, they also the cows and all that other.
Speaker 3: So so it was more so like again like we've been like the guys that.
Speaker 2: Been in the studio that handles the tech part of it, are the other stuff of it. You know what I'm saying, The idea handles the you know what I'm saying that the the thought leaders with other people. So it's like, well, it's like, well, ship man, let's get all the trouper covers together and like let's just put out a project.
Speaker 5: So this is no slight to like who you your goat is. But that was the play of it.
Speaker 2: The one guys that all the goals are very aware of when it comes to that studio, and I think that's where we like bonded at, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So that that was it, and it was like, you know, get with it's cruel, it's kind of like branded out.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that.
Speaker 5: Was a great breaking. I never thought that ethern Okay, I thought it was because quick being Dominican public, the fucking candle.
Speaker 1: Want holy ship. Okay, you know what we're gonna show this. This is for both of y'all. This is what we asked to everybody. And I'm not going to leave the witness, leave the witness. Loyalty or respect.
Speaker 3: Wow, well on mine, I haven't been devoid of loyalty. I want my respect. Loyalty is fleeting both can change over you overnight, even though you ain't get up to be putting a different pair of pants on because somebody sold you out. Respect me, I got mine on all you suckers, right.
Speaker 2: My thing is like, if you respect me, you loyal to me, and if you love to me, it's because you respect me. So they kind of go hand in hand. I think one without the others still fake.
Speaker 5: I agree with you, I don't. I don't really, I don't know.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Those are kind of like them are kissing cousins. At the end of the day, they got it. They both got to be there or I'm shripping.
Speaker 5: I'm taking a shot for that exactly how we always want both. We always want both on that one. Well, why we gotta choose.
Speaker 3: Yu ching up? Yeah, I'm scared of this.
Speaker 5: Hash joint more bro Oh yeah, I hate it.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, oh, okay, we're not playing.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about you better better watch yourself.
Speaker 3: Hard.
Speaker 5: What's that.
Speaker 14: That dead?
Speaker 1: Let's talk about what was going through your mind, what you're doing to make that man?
Speaker 2: At the time, my career was in this crazy spot. I'm like, okay, I got to draw the line. Somewhere and just kind of let people know, you know what I'm saying, just watch yourself when it comes to when you're speaking on me, talking about me or talking for me. And then I wanted to like show that my beat making skills were up to part two.
Speaker 5: So you know, I want to be one hundred on this whole thing reading.
Speaker 3: Produced by me.
Speaker 2: So I'm just in the studio one day, banging out. And that was just the attitude I was on, like, bro, man, I am not playing. Just watch yourself when it comes to all of that, just so it don't tiptoe into some places it could be m So that was the message.
Speaker 3: Yeah, talk about those girls. When you produced it for Snoop Man, that shit was fun. That was Teddy Riley, myself and uh my uh bass player. His name is COMS co producer Teddy Eric Coombs. Yeah, we did that together for Ego Tripping Wow, and uh Teddy was just in there. Teddy and man, it's like he's such ab you don't understand this. Motherfuckers bad as fun, this nigga being there with all the new technology technology he had, like the Nicos, the little Nico keyboard where the computer was on it and the synthesized like the.
Speaker 2: Coirty keyboard thing built around him in the like it was like he was stepped in two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, live into the little podiums like it was like a pod. He made the look he became the machine.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He was definitely iron Man before it was popular, and so he he wanted we had to change the music because the original was a sample of nobody gets too Much Heaven by the Beg's you know what I mean, got a lot of love and sun but we couldn't clear it. They was like no, but they had let him use love you inside out. That's crazy because they care so much.
Speaker 2: Ship.
Speaker 3: They let him clear that one, but they in my life, they weren't having it. That's the baby baby, the dollar baby.
Speaker 5: So Snoop was like, hey, because they didn't clear the motherfucking sample, quick wat you'll do that ship over.
Speaker 3: So we just did it over.
Speaker 5: But we just did you know those girls, we had those girls. We just cut it all up. That was that's uh, that's Frost sign producer was Scoop to scoop Ego trip album was fire. You know that school? Do you know that Scoop on Women Wet and Weather.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that he's going crazy.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 5: I want to rock.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 5: I got a record with School. He's dope man fire.
Speaker 3: That's my nephew. Bro.
Speaker 5: He we mixed what I mixed for him. I mixed life for the party.
Speaker 3: Oh mister fab and too Short.
Speaker 5: Scoop we met.
Speaker 3: We actually bought it on Ego Tripp and that was our yeah, nex.
Speaker 5: Month hanging thing. That's what this dude, I'm like, brought me what she was helped right, you know, I don't want to say right because that's like living that project.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Snoop was just well, I want to say. We would collaborate.
Speaker 2: He would tell me what the words and how he wanted it to be and all that.
Speaker 5: And I was like a young new guy and was like, I hear like this cold what I'm saying. This nigga was writing this.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 5: You are dope ass writer.
Speaker 3: Bro, I appreciate.
Speaker 5: I love seeing you do that. Ship, My nigga, you made me sharpening my ship.
Speaker 3: I was in there sharpening my ship.
Speaker 5: Blood it is I paid.
Speaker 3: I play dirty because I don't always I waste time getting dressed to go to a studio.
Speaker 5: So if I just turned my house into a studio.
Speaker 3: I can come straight out of the shower niggas and Jordan's shorts and tear your ass.
Speaker 5: I used to do it. Just bullshit.
Speaker 3: You done got a call from somebody you like, you know, fuck your whole mood up. It's like, bro, like it's just but I go in there and listen to what he left last night and just jump on him without all the editing and let me get composed.
Speaker 5: You know, eighty tracks or takes to one.
Speaker 3: No, I'm trying to hang to thee these guys because these niggas are there.
Speaker 5: I'm then this is now right? Quiet?
Speaker 6: Wow, we can't and it's fucked up because we were. We told young m we would call him to ask you the question you because he beat me on, motherfucker.
Speaker 3: No, no, he beat me on, motherfucking What was Anne's show called the Weakest Link? He said he didn't hit my version of and I lost because I mispronounced coodo salami it was. I thought it was codo. The bitch said it was Cado and he kicked me off and I walked on her ass.
Speaker 5: I bagged on it. She said, quick, why is your jeury smaller than everyone else?
Speaker 3: I said, bitch.
Speaker 5: That's our smallest quaint. He baked you, but he no, he won. He beat the game him in the exhibit the hell, he said he was one of the ms who young m C. He said, you one of the ills. That's how you feel about it. When did he say that I gotta call him? He said, we just had the last week.
Speaker 3: We'll try to call him.
Speaker 6: But before he had a question that he told us that he wanted to ask him. I was supposed to call him, but I'm gonna just ask him on the phone. Hold up, guys, you're like, but he will come in and we'll try it. We'll try it again, but I'm I asking anyway. He said that he heard a rumor that you locked yourself in the crib right for like a year with equipment producing a record something like that. Yeah, is this true or not? I don't know how he know. He should have came and saw.
Speaker 3: He should have came and sorry for itself, because right now it's it's speculative. So but it's kind of not like if you tell us, well, of course, you know you gotta buy it. In the book J Quick Story.
Speaker 5: Oh god, damn.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm I get him on the phone ship that.
Speaker 5: It's the deposition.
Speaker 18: He's motherfucker, but no, he actually did Okay, it was Yeah, it was locked Yourself as an exaggerated.
Speaker 3: Album I was doing before Rhythm Lives. It was called Q four. It was like I did one, two, three and all they plaid, I got that broke whatever that was crazy anyway it was. It was called Q four and it ended up being Rhythmalism, my fourth record with Aristers, and it won't go.
Speaker 5: To but one year. Locked up in the in the crib.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 5: Prince did it a little do it?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 5: What what am I doing here? I ain't trying to fool y'all.
Speaker 3: Bro I sleep on purple range sheets, Nigga, My mattress is called purple. Look it up.
Speaker 5: Oh you sleep on purple rain sheets. Goddamn right out of control, motherfucker right right, got that day something I know when I get out there, motherfuckers, we reach out for each other. As I'm walking out the room, I got people I don't think. Got to get back to my sheets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, y'all know, I funk with Dave Chappelle and questioning them like I really fucking them niggas, Dazapelle and who and Chris Rock and Chris Rock it was both both my leggs man, my boys. You got a Dave Chappelle's story. Of course, Dave Chappelle used to come to the studio when I was working on my Trauma album. We used to go to the wide Cliff Studio and forty six in Broadway, fifty six fifty fourth on Broadway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, studio, Platinum flat sound, Platinum sound. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: They're hanging out with this nigga, this nigga and there trying not to be funny, but being so funny that if you listen to him, you'll throw up because he'll catch you eating lasagna and you'll spit it on yourself because he's too funny. You think for one minute he's not being David Chappelle, and then he'll just say some shit.
Speaker 5: You be like, right, hold on, man, look, I gotta take five.
Speaker 3: He's that. He's that guy.
Speaker 5: They're like zeniffs when it comes to comedy.
Speaker 3: So Chris is one of the asks Ali Leroy how he feels about Chris, and he always tell you Chris.
Speaker 5: Is like easily one of the most stellar comics in the world. Ever, what did you feel when you've seen the Smiths. I didn't feel because I wasn't there.
Speaker 3: I didn't get the slap, but empathetically, Yeah, that was wrong. But Will Chris didn't expect that either. Yeah, misplaced misplaced anger, misplaced rage. Yeah, it was weird because I'm thinking, Damn, I do that, I'm going to jail.
Speaker 5: He stayed, stay, see me do that. I'm gonna be calling somebody for bail money. He had drinks. He cried clearly.
Speaker 19: Yeah, he stayed, He's talking Will ship and he got his award after that, he said that, he said, the whole ships that deep.
Speaker 2: Though it's not for both of them actually exactly, it's not that, I think in a weird way.
Speaker 5: It worked out.
Speaker 3: It worked you don't think.
Speaker 5: So it rolled out.
Speaker 3: With Will at the Mass Grammys, at the West Coast Grammys like the not to the West Coast Grammys that we and this was after all the ship broke and Will is like he's unbothered.
Speaker 5: I mean, Will is a hero.
Speaker 3: Let's just be real. That's still a fresh prince nigga too, like Girls of the World, Ain't nothing but trouble. Was one of the loudest twelve inches I ever had that shit was dope. I remember take my advice to keep the hell away ship that record.
Speaker 5: Yeah, say your feelings on it.
Speaker 3: I took it.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, he got feelings, he got feelings on it.
Speaker 3: I think, you know what my mix sit this one out because.
Speaker 5: I mean we could. We don't want it afterwards, but not just like like slapping. No, it shouldn't have been slapping.
Speaker 3: Slapping a black man.
Speaker 5: It's crazy to me.
Speaker 2: I don't give a funk about none of that ship like and then doing that in front of people is crazy and no, like, no, bro, Like, I'll say this, you know what I'm saying, and we can you know, we can watch through that and figure out we're gonna keep it or not.
Speaker 3: But nigga slap me. It ain't even that.
Speaker 2: It's just you're not standing in the building. We're not doing that. You're gonna beat me up because it's just not cool. And like at a certain age, like bro, we look up to people like we look up to him, We look up to Chris, and I just wish that didn't do that. You know what I'm saying, Your issue is a valid one, Like you're not you got a wife. You know what I'm saying we all got we got what we got in.
Speaker 5: Here talking about that.
Speaker 2: It's just like, if I'm disrespecting you and we're on in front of millions of people, just put me to the side, bro, It's really easy.
Speaker 3: Put me to the side.
Speaker 2: Like, Bro, I don't like that. We're gonna catch that. We're gonna catch it here, but not not in front of them folks. Just not in front of the folks. Yeah, Like I got kids, bro, Well, like I can't lose a fight right now. I come home and my daughter see me with a black eye and me trying to explain.
Speaker 5: That now you're superheroes to your kids, come home with the black guy? Like, how does nigga christ can win an argument right that.
Speaker 3: With his little young.
Speaker 5: Anytime you get out of the body that you know what I do.
Speaker 3: They don't put me in that. Don't put me in that over this ship, don't do that. Not with me.
Speaker 5: Chris let me score a film. Yes, he let me.
Speaker 1: Cool when he was told me and then he went and became the president. The play homeboy, I came to party. They play that one. Yeah, yeah, so that was you god damn good looking.
Speaker 3: Come on, yeah, everybody quick effect it's awesome.
Speaker 5: That's a the DJ quick motherfucking family treat. I do the work, so you don't have to like the tiny bowl.
Speaker 1: Man, you got a shot, because I'm taking a shot of that one that deserves shot here.
Speaker 5: So I'm going back to Japanese whiskey. I'm sorry. You gonna jump the Japanese y'all. Thank to Mommy Juana.
Speaker 3: We gotta get Chris Christaplechin to do it, so called Japanese whiskey. Let me ask you, let me chase your Japanese whiskey. Did you hear.
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 3: Bro like that?
Speaker 5: I had the mamajuana, but I haven't had the Japanese whiskey yet. Let me ask you a problem. You said something that's very interested to me earlier.
Speaker 1: So you don't gang bang, but by way of your neighborhood, aren't you always affiliated to whatever gang is in your neighborhood?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So what gangs in your neighborhood?
Speaker 2: The west side, Aparos, the Foe line, the deuce line, and Neel's everything around that surrounding situation is where I grew up at.
Speaker 1: So now let me ask you another This is this is what do you call like a square question because I don't know. Like when I look at Kendrick Lamar video, right, it's clearly two different types of dances, I can't tell the different Really, is it clear? I'm guessing because a certain times I feel like it's like b walking.
Speaker 5: Then I feel like it's a sea wall. I can't tell the difference unless they got on those colors. Can you tell the difference from a person? Of course? I mean definitely.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, man, just you know, I'll say that everything ain't for everybody, right.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe that ain't for y'all to know who's doing.
Speaker 5: Should y'all?
Speaker 3: I'm glad you think that's your culture that I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, oh that's fire. But if I knew too much about it, I don't know. And I think that's just kind of ours. You know what I'm saying. It's a secret it's a secret message.
Speaker 1: But is that message California or is that message gang Gangafornia? I mean it's gang Wait those are now got killed California gang.
Speaker 3: There there's no aut clearly, and I'm one of the message. Bro, Don't don't read too much into it's like because they're not gangs anymore. Clubs Like it's the Tree Top Club. It's like, because we wanted to be a more club than anything else. We would rather that to be a gang because a gang is there, unpredictable and who wants just the key to is to make it home safe. I hope that's what we're all about.
Speaker 5: So I'd rather have a club. You know, look, turn up and have some free liquid. You ain't gonna pay for the ship, just pay for it.
Speaker 2: I want to shout out to uh, all the and Compton. They just did a peace treaty. Yeah each other, Yes, each other. Yeah. Shout outs all the powers and Compton that are on that peace treaty right now. I think it's like two three weeks and that's really happened between them.
Speaker 5: Hopefully get in line and anyway for both sides together in line.
Speaker 2: Like like after run a gay. Honestly, that's above my pay grade. I'm just saying, like I'm because I don't gave I just what you think it could happen. I'm just celebrating what I see, If that makes any sense. I've never seen it. So instead of like always digging into the negative side of it, I'm like, I can't ask y'all to clean it up. Then when y'all clean it up, just not I stopped talking about it. That fucks it up. So it's like if I can make it loud, like yo, the power rules that some ship I've never seen since I've been alive, I've.
Speaker 5: Never seen this for a long time.
Speaker 3: And they're three weeks.
Speaker 2: Into something that's like like that can be like very beneficial to my city.
Speaker 5: I just want to talk about it, yell it out. That's still but that's that's the I believe that's the confusion. When it.
Speaker 1: Spread throughout the world like it is, we just thought, all right, cool, it's bloods and crypts.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Then we understood that it was bloods against crypts, right, and then we started to hear that it was actually crypts on crypts and bloods on bloods, and then bloods on bloods, and some of the bloods on bloods beef go just as long as a crypt and a blood beef will go. Again, some of the crypt on crypt beef lasted just as long as a blood on crypt beef. I thought that that was like so interesting, And again that's what I kept telling to you'll earlier. It was almost like you have to be from there to understand it, Like it almost sounds like you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Like and like you said, it's some things that we're not meant to understand. Yeah, yeah, I think it's been a black on black beef.
Speaker 2: You better say that.
Speaker 5: And that's what's fucked up and stupid about it.
Speaker 3: Nobody ever understood why it's been that anybody wants the gang bang. When I became a DJ, so we could have fun, not to have fights. I played music music stop fights. The right song is stopped.
Speaker 5: After the rise and the peace Treaty? How how legit was the peace treaty?
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 5: It was awesome for a few weeks because it was a honeymoon, right, Yeah, yeah, we actually to go over here. Whoa, I went everywhere.
Speaker 6: I was all in remember cam with the record Peace Treaty, and I remember we're all looking at the West Coast like they did a peace treaty.
Speaker 5: It's legit is love. You said you went everywhere, yeah, like meaning you went to like every interviewing.
Speaker 3: That right, I was, man, I had an accurate NSX. I was driving that bitch everywhere.
Speaker 5: That's fire.
Speaker 3: I saw Michael Keaton, that bitch leaving our motherfucking agency. I mean, he just got his money for a Batman Warner Brothers. Wow, we pulled up in a motherfucking Scooby Doo man. So this dude leaving in a row Lex and a fucking accurate nsex. I said, I'm gonna do that next year, and the next year I had a Rolex and an accurate nssex.
Speaker 5: Listen, now, yeah, that's shaken her.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a it's beautiful to watch the city right now. Everybody just at least taking a stab at peace even you know what I'm saying, Like, again, bro, we don't we don't know how it's gonna go.
Speaker 5: And a lot of people, like I hear a lot of people it's gonna be fucked up in this long It's like, right.
Speaker 2: Now, that's just kind of pause and enjoy the fact that it's kind.
Speaker 5: Of everybody's outside.
Speaker 1: I'm outside of that's the inside of the inside of looking out. And I was out there for five days and I felt so I felt that peace, Like I got to feel that I didn't know that that was going on, that was out there, and I was just like, damn, I felt like everybody like complied. Everybody was on that type of order, like, yo, you talk for the show, Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 5: I can't. A day before the video, no, day before the and then I stayed like actually a couple of days and you know, I'm just I'm just just the energy I was feeling the energy.
Speaker 1: It was just like it was just different out there, and I was just like I couldn't understand. But now you say that, maybe that makes sense. That's probably one of the energies that I was feeling. But yeah, it just felt good. It just felt right out there. Bro, Like, yeah, I'm happy for y'all.
Speaker 2: Bro, we've been and talks about just making sure that like again, like nobody's above the program, like nobody with a microphone outside.
Speaker 5: Of a few people can really dictate the way it is. But would die for what he did.
Speaker 2: He took a moment that would be deemed negative and then turned into positive for everybody from California.
Speaker 3: Made everybody step there pining up this motherfucking sample, my latest, my greatest inspiration as a part of his district. I'm over it.
Speaker 5: That's that's that is so sally hip hop in general more.
Speaker 2: Than I think it's and I think it's bigger than music though it's like, no, like it's this ain't really about he is the reason, but yes, no, he took music and instead of like making it about him, didn't agree that it about like us, do we drinking? That's tough, Okay, y'all hold on, y'all not to stop me on this part, because there's some really ship going on. Like right now, you you know what I'm saying and from what he did, Bro, I really like people are talking about like a rap and all of that. Bro, I've never been able to walk around Los Angeles the way I've been able to walk on say that, and that's brand new for me.
Speaker 3: I'm not a young guy, right, And yes, it's light.
Speaker 2: Everybody's showing love, like you gotta say, like jay Worthy, he's from the same neighborhood as Bro.
Speaker 5: Like it's light for the first time.
Speaker 3: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And y'all have been in LA when it wasn't light.
Speaker 2: So to take a moment where it's like, all right, bro, me and him, y'all having a rap competition, but everybody about to look at me. Everybody else would make that moment about them. Everybody else I've watched have made that moment about film from everywhere. This ain't this, ain't the West East Coach, none of that. He made that moment about us, and that's what the fuck we need to be talking about. I'm tired of all his selfish ship because when the nigga that's our, Michael Jackson, decided to say, look, I'm gonna take a gamble on thirty one knuckleheads that never got along, and we all got along. We all was fresh as fuck, always fly. We looked like how the West Cot was supposed to look. We're not about to cloud that with no beef with that and know who did don't know. We're not doing none of that. I'm not going for it.
Speaker 5: Bro did He took a real risk on a lot of us.
Speaker 2: Trust me, that picture has only been done one time, when y'all did it?
Speaker 1: Listen, No, let me ask you, you know what was crazy? I forget where I was at I was. I was out of town somewhere. But I see the picture and I don't identify what I'm seeing. All I'm seeing is that should look good, like that should look ill? And then I believe it was on the group chat and then somebody said, those are all rappers from different neighborhoods.
Speaker 2: Look. Look, it was like and I was like, oh, you're watching elegance this, NBA Olympians, all Stars, clowns, kids, cribs, every bloods, women, dancers, nigga, Like what really Los Angeles really is right? Like the gag banging shit kind of make it like water it down, say that they make it where it's this one dimensional thing, where that it's just that that's happening in like one spot when there's so many things. It's beautiful. Bro, it was black business in there. Bro, it's real black business. Like I will not allow anybody to turn this into about like who rap better? Who sound better? That's cool, We've done that. It's like who feel better?
Speaker 17: Now?
Speaker 2: It's cracking on the side. When we got me and him up here together. You know what I'm saying, This is a lot of West Coast lineage. We got them niggas going out to county getting a lot of money together. You got us getting a lot of money together. You got the younger guys that got a shot to be seen in front of the world. Twenty million motherfuckers watch that. If we're not minimized, that's no fucking rap beef.
Speaker 5: Bro, get out of here. Man.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's a real copist ship though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can I interject here, gentlemen, go for it. You got two things to say here, Okay, you what love it? Stand down, stand back? He would speaker.
Speaker 5: That ain't number one. I'm gonna photoshop myself into that.
Speaker 2: Call me.
Speaker 3: He likes that sort there, so man, that I mean, the.
Speaker 5: Name is perfect, but imagine that would have made it perfect card perfect man.
Speaker 3: That was b man.
Speaker 2: Man, from what I hear, we got to get shout to that before. Come on, man, get real, real.
Speaker 5: Japanese. This is Japanese whiskey. Yeah, it's cool called Yes, I'm making it up here. Okay, so you two things you have to say quickly. Thing number two Okay, they wouldn't. Don't don't yourself that story number one. No, no, we've already had that established it. Okay, that's the story. Would do what you later? Number two.
Speaker 3: Don't let this god damn weper snapper over sive y'all. He's been on jet skis for the last two THI this motherfucker's having the time of his life out here in Miami. And this motherfucker's been on the ocean the whole time. I swear he's Amphibian.
Speaker 2: Sea than me. That's all I wanted to say. That's my two things and got right here, man, grab me and put me here man with nobody else did so. Yeah, this is just a beautiful thing to be sitting here with them.
Speaker 1: You know what it is, the two eras that makes it so dope that y'all can come together and make a new era, you know what I'm.
Speaker 6: Saying, Like, that's what makes this and this is a legacy, because this is legacy right here.
Speaker 3: Shout out Eddie Murphy. Random shout out Eddie Murphy for that new Beverly Hills cop movie. I've been trying to sit down and watch something. Just have them. You got to see them still a helicopter, the funniest ship ever right down not shot after Eddie.
Speaker 5: Hip hop.
Speaker 1: You know what I like about it, Like how it started and then they went to Beverly Hills again, Like that ship is crazy and Eddie, Eddie Murphy was still being funny, Like I didn't think he was ready.
Speaker 3: Because drink when he's promoting Netflix just gave him every billboard on Sunset but and on Hireland in front of the boat. All you see is Eddie Murphy all through Hollywood right now. That movie it's through here. The culture of shift for sure.
Speaker 5: And that that beat he was just doing the that was the.
Speaker 4: That was my ship.
Speaker 3: I had that on the book.
Speaker 5: On that beat. I don't repeat. I don't repeat on my boot cuckoo. Everyone they used the same again.
Speaker 3: They have to say that's Eddie Murphy.
Speaker 5: Stinged music from the It was called axle Steamer. It's it's the thing so.
Speaker 3: Far.
Speaker 5: His back guy he put the tailor. The judge Ryant Hole. Yeah, they judge Ryan Hold and the older guy too. It's a bigger dude, right, Yeah, he was Taggard. He plays yeah, and he killed that ship. It's funny. I was blurry because you know, I want to ruin my talent.
Speaker 3: First of all, Markley never made a good sequel because there was too much money about partoun didn't want to pay for it. Now Netflix has made him a partner so he can do these things while.
Speaker 5: He's still young enough and still have co stars. I watched them both back to back. I watched the old one and the new one.
Speaker 1: Murphy production like I watched the I watched the new one first and then I watched.
Speaker 5: The old one. There's one, two, and three right.
Speaker 1: Preparation just wanting to was fo right, Yeah, I watched watched the new one and and and the original one, and I was like, this is I forgot about the second one?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 1: I like now all of O O G is one of my biggest conversations. Is them owner than the Masters? Some of them get what is it called reverse over the thirty year thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Up reversion reversion? There you go, Ah, do you already own all your masters?
Speaker 3: Or I was smart enough to duplicate the Master tapes and send those to Profile Records and keep the Masters in my fucking possession. I got all my masters.
Speaker 5: Hey look, dame.
Speaker 3: Mean hey, I'm like I got a princi of all I can go. Y'all going that motherfucker y'all could be pulling out everything like.
Speaker 5: Reading bro, he really got everything.
Speaker 3: From Niles.
Speaker 6: But hold up for Layman's what does that mean you duplicated? What didn't the masters mean that? Whoever owns well gener stipulation.
Speaker 3: That if Profile Records didn't get the tapes of the of our recording the reels, if they didn't get the sports hit the tape. If they didn't get the reels, we wouldn't get the second installment of our payment, the big money, the end of it.
Speaker 5: So you had to send them the tapes.
Speaker 3: But they got nobody profile talk about let's check these tapes to see if what's on is on there.
Speaker 5: The niggas got motherfucking some red.
Speaker 3: S kencing comedy albums. I got quick, I got weak. Tell me, bro, I just told me.
Speaker 20: He got everything he learnedly got every day. You said, black tapes, hip hop, I got my change, I said. Some other just told you he could pull up the drip up clear water Revival.
Speaker 3: They got that. They got that fucking summer breeze. Made duplicates. I made duplicates, like believe you with your duplicates right now? Man, you mean you saying something else.
Speaker 5: I'm a duplicator, bro, Yeah, he said.
Speaker 2: Duplicates, said duplicate. But yeah, he got everything right, he got it all counts.
Speaker 3: That's all. He got everything. The operative word meaning dupe. But okay, say no more, say no more.
Speaker 4: If you know.
Speaker 5: I'm Jamie Starr nigga.
Speaker 1: So if a Foley wanted to call you right now to score a movie using your old ship.
Speaker 5: You don't have to you don't have to speak to the label. You can you can playing you know, you know what I mean. I was making a point.
Speaker 3: If I want to make him feel important, I'll call him and ask him if I could use it. Okay, just so you know, because the niggas that owner Shi is still alive, they I'd be alive for that much money too. In theory, I gat used motherfuckers. Like I sold three and a half million records on an independent label.
Speaker 2: That's tough to do.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, tough to do, ship, but I did it with run DMC money, so it ain't really that bad. That was raising hell raised me basically literally, what label was this profile?
Speaker 5: Okay, that's why that's independent at that time?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, but these motherfuckers were like a major that was your first that was your first deal, right, Yeah. I got one hundred and twenty five grand to sign and got that Time seven with bumps, and I was getting all my bumps like Michael Jackson was getting his bumps for Thriller, Like at sixteen point seventeen point eight percent whatever. It was like, hey man, I went gold, you get a bonus for that? Give me the bonus. I'm looking for that bonus because I got bikes and ship motorcycles. I would need some CR eighties in one twenty five. Give me this money so I could go buy these things, you know. But yeah, I was smart enough to keep all my tapes and Problem. I'm gonna shut it up because probably was like, man, you be running along, man, you be talking on that sh Yeah, I got my ship me. I'm about to get the control of it to be able to do whatever I want. But said I performed when I perform. I performed them songs just like they I did when I first made them. So those are my assets.
Speaker 2: That's my grand then my grand grandchildren's money legacy I own. I own the Jason White Ones Diamond Lane, which is my partner. Yeah, yeah, he owns all the ones prior to me.
Speaker 3: My name changed.
Speaker 5: The reason for the name Shane, No, not at all because because everything is all laid out the right way.
Speaker 3: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So when Problem makes money, Jason Martin makes money, and we had to do it that way.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, we own them.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's kind of dope because when you're can like do the license in Yourself and like you said, you brought up Better Watch Yourself like a lot of my my records that kind of went.
Speaker 3: I was a producer on them.
Speaker 2: So some of them are one hundred, some of them are like forty five. Some are like when you say, like percentage wise publishing. Some of them are like just higher than the rapper side of it. But I just never was loud about it. When we're doing these licenses. Instead of seven to eight signatures, it's two right, and it's made it where the Better Watch Yourself like it may not have went like platinum, but we able to do in Japan when the what's the guys that answer Guysawaukee.
Speaker 5: Shave Milwaukee's they take it, they do it, dance to it, and then it goes.
Speaker 2: They do it at the Golden State Warriors game in the championship and then it's we can make money off of it like all over the place instead of just like record sales.
Speaker 5: Do you remember when our song got used for it?
Speaker 2: So you think you get Wes rose Crass, that's whe he got to see like it was crazy. When we did the project together with rosekrans So shout out with Diamond Lane Empire, we were licensing a lot. He was able to license the songs through the movie he did what's the name of the movie, which one the movie with the black guy with the hammer John Henry. He was able to use a lot of those songs in there, and it was then easier signature to get TV stuff. We were able to just get it done a lot quicker because we owned it as.
Speaker 5: Opposed to like the how it usually tastes right.
Speaker 3: You know, this dude is so fair that he's like a publishing magnet, Like he'd be showing like side artists how to you know, get paid, how to be a part of a thing, and don't just be like be about to raw raw, like really calm down and earn while you're not even visible, you know what I'm saying. Like it ain't ghost producing, no none of that ship. It's just a smart way of just you know, I'm gonna pay you in publishing, like I'm not gonna pay you in like no cash or you know, it's just make money on the back end because we've been.
Speaker 2: In he's such an advocate for that, he's he a beast. But I'm gonna make sure everybody got what they got. Everybody a solution.
Speaker 3: A problem straight up.
Speaker 2: But it's like, no, I just want to make sure, Like even with like jay Worthy, we figured out a way to get him the look because he just did so much. It's like, bro, we got to pay the ship for it in this business because they try to. They want us to say ghosts and ghosts and ghosts like why then they don't do that in no other business.
Speaker 3: You know why because once you become a ghost owned all your ship right.
Speaker 5: Fuck that this business built up people.
Speaker 3: Let's just.
Speaker 2: I'm an advocate on just like I'm gonna pay you how fast I want to be paid. I want my ship the minute it is all to me. So if I owe somebody something, have you got a question? Like all of this, this other way of doing business, this whimsical way of doing business and rap music is so fucking weird to me. I can't understand why these conversations are so deep. We're not selling crack, We're not we're not doing anything.
Speaker 5: We did these.
Speaker 3: Songs in our own students said, Oh, it's like, why don't make dollars?
Speaker 5: It don't make sense why?
Speaker 2: But I said that are afraid of confrontational conversations. They think we have to agree, and they think we're beefing.
Speaker 3: This ship is just not agree without being violently disagreeable. Just let's just talk till we agree. It's not deep, but the fact that we're talking is an agreement.
Speaker 5: This is something that we should have had a quick time with live y'all major or independent both? Gonnah on Jim, Jimmy, I V that's my oracle. He said.
Speaker 3: He just had a meeting. Worthy just had a fucking meeting with all three of them, and did you knock come out like that? Ship take him up talking about.
Speaker 13: To open the word together, like yeah, yah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 5: Indy, I'm an Empire good No, Jim mean is the man?
Speaker 3: I don't think. I don't know the other side.
Speaker 5: Thinking of the Gazi. We just did this with Empire myology.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I forgot Empire is a major. Empire is a major. Now, So I started with Empire when they were empires a major?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah they are.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 5: I my negligence was wrong.
Speaker 2: I started with them like all my earlier stuff was through Diamond Learning and Empire well in twenty eleven twelve. But now they're definitely. They got number one record right now with Chaboozi. I want to say, so that's a major label to Kaboozie.
Speaker 5: That's the country but he got he got it, that's the country singer. Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, we're on a major now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you?
Speaker 2: So you picking major, he said, both. I'm I'm I'm waiting to see what my ask is gonna be right now. It's been amazing thus far.
Speaker 5: For sure.
Speaker 3: You know they calling in they wanted to sing.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: We're gonna have a guit time. We gonna see what happens.
Speaker 3: I'll see like a baseball player like show right now, just went to jail niggas they can steal their.
Speaker 5: Money on your account. Show do it in Japanese.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so yeah that's me and e F n we. I always I like I like the major push with the independent ownership. But but but I love Major. I can't lie to you like like like I like the good hotels. Yeah yeah, the wiki Diggs boy, you'd be like.
Speaker 3: To make sure that's all right. I gotta make better decisions, yes, yes, yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't y'all had real major though, Like I want to tell like Ego tripping was probably the.
Speaker 3: Last major labeled thing I saw.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, six months Fish Studios, that niggas Snoop was running over plans whenever you need to eat that f you pull up, go there, get your food.
Speaker 4: He had it.
Speaker 9: He had it.
Speaker 2: Everybody was propably, but that nigga does independent.
Speaker 3: So you know who's that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, all independent though, So this is my first time.
Speaker 2: Like it's weird because I began with Empire when they were a super indie and now they're a major respect and and this time I'm like more involved business wise. I wasn't the first time. I was just full artists moke. But I will say it's been dope. Man. Shout out to Chase Infinite from making sure that ship went right, bro, like Bro Chase, Tina, David Davis, David.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, you know what I'm saying, Like Gentry, Jada, Bria, everybody over there, everybody over there has been Nima.
Speaker 5: Everybody's been a t treat.
Speaker 3: Gods, he just talked to him.
Speaker 5: Guys. I can't wait to see what we keep doing. Together, Gui pick up the Gazi shout out, shout.
Speaker 2: Out to Sean Sony Orchard and next, you know what I'm saying, my boy John too many.
Speaker 5: The Big Johns Monument. Here, Matt, you got take a drink? He said both?
Speaker 3: He said both.
Speaker 5: I took myself when he said both.
Speaker 3: That's how you know this show Who's gonna win this? Whos gonna win this little competition in them drinks? Who's the drink chap?
Speaker 2: Because I'm definitely not no, No, that's okay, got to be because you came to us with mother.
Speaker 3: Fucking Caribbean drink too, like I'm not fun So yeah, that looked like a free DZ bro. That's Dick fixing it.
Speaker 5: I got light skin. I don't have to do nothing but like skining shit, we do light skin and ship. So I'm playing. I'm just hope I'm funny.
Speaker 3: Hold on just like Compton, right, yes, sir.
Speaker 5: That came out before I came out in nineteen ninety two. And then when did Summer Vacation come out? Uh?
Speaker 3: This on my summer vacation When he said, now you got his ass in Minnesota? That record?
Speaker 5: Yeah, how close did those records come out?
Speaker 14: I need one.
Speaker 2: Well, we were.
Speaker 3: It was a blur because we were always spending a lot of time in Saint Louis, Missouri.
Speaker 6: The reason why, I said, because I feel like that's the blueprint to show the outside world from the West Coast how gang culture spread spread. Yeah, like I think summer vacation is like the Ills, like explanation. It should be a movie, Cube should explain. Cube is a poet laureate. And then and then, just like Compton with that record, what I was going to bring it, I had I have to have, you know, still performing. I just performed that in Oakland. But I read like that record is those two records explain a lot about gang culture to people who don't know anything about the West Coast.
Speaker 3: Rock that record, Chris Chris Rock said that that's one of his favorite records. Like it made sense when I did it. So, Yeah, how big was that record for you?
Speaker 5: It went gold in one week. My album Wow Fish Physical Physical, I was physical.
Speaker 2: I went totally different fire.
Speaker 1: Because because one one dude of downloads you said seven times physical, you got to go to the store seven time physical is crazy or act for seven copies.
Speaker 2: You can listen to our songs fifteen hundred times before we make ten bucks.
Speaker 1: That squall, that's before you make ten bucks then streaming, and you won't even get those ten bucks until you reach another threshold.
Speaker 5: I can't wear a shirt twice and then pay for it and bring it back what it wants, get it paid.
Speaker 3: For us crazy, that's crazy. Right now.
Speaker 5: They're gonna fix that though. That's why we can't with the walkman Vinyl.
Speaker 3: But you know what YouTube's doing it. They already fixed it. We got we got people in Congress that are up for us.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 5: That Maks an optimist right now, I see this in him right now, the future Bro.
Speaker 3: Right now, Bro, I'm I'm silly Walker right now, I noticed ship.
Speaker 5: You believe in those tech guys that have the best interest for the musicians.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, Well, the thing is somebody has to vouch for that music, and AI can't run in there and sign a fucking contract. It's still about being alive and having your ship in perpetuity.
Speaker 5: Until AI started creating the music and the label, what are we.
Speaker 2: Know?
Speaker 6: They can't they can't. But this is the thing, this corrupt. I was trying to talk to Growth about it. We're gonna get to a point where the next generation. They're gonna program that generation to think this is good, just like they're programming the generation that with a social media that this is proper, this is good, this is entertainment.
Speaker 5: Bro, the youth, don't fuck with that.
Speaker 2: Don't don't think the youth feel more than than a few of our generations have.
Speaker 3: They like feel.
Speaker 5: So you know, I'm telling you, I got daughters and ship like from a from.
Speaker 2: I listened to them. They can tell when ship don't feel right, like they.
Speaker 5: See that they're true. They don't understand what.
Speaker 3: A gang banger is, like, why kill each other in color? That makes no sense.
Speaker 6: But the point of AI is to eventually trick you to not un even know that it's anything robotic, anything technology.
Speaker 2: I think that's the trick the spender of us that's older. I don't think that you're not gonna trick these these yet.
Speaker 5: They are, Damnit. I hope So I'm hoping. Yeah, what's what you got?
Speaker 3: You got kids?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I got the youngest four and six. You got an older one? No, no, okay, all right, it's probably difference. Like my oldest graduated from college. I got a twenty one year old that go to groundlar right now too. So it's different. Like I talk to them, they don't see it like we see it, Like they spot that bullshit quick.
Speaker 5: They're not drinking as much alcohol.
Speaker 6: But it's not them, Bro, What I'm telling you is another future. Okay, it's beyond their future already.
Speaker 5: It's another future going on. Hmm. I'm saying it's a younger general. So talking to like the eight year olds.
Speaker 6: When when we start to see this, this next thing that's AI that it's like we didn't even imagine it.
Speaker 5: This future it's gonna start to happen.
Speaker 6: Well, you don't even know that this video is not a real person, but it's AI generated.
Speaker 2: Mean, like they believe in the highest music. They keep tweaking AI. It's gonna be like they use us to model to get it right.
Speaker 3: You said that I don't agree with something you said. How can they do this ship that we can't imagine? We imagine AIM. We did David from AI the movie that was my ship too. It was a little star's name on the movie Artificial Intelligence.
Speaker 5: His name is David.
Speaker 3: We made AI. I've been programming Apple computers since nineteen seventy eight. I was an apples now it's command legit.
Speaker 5: I was apple Z Yeah, apple Shit, Steve Kosky, Steve Jobs.
Speaker 3: It's different since an eight year old. I was DJ before I could talk and walk.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 3: I was like walking to the turntable because I wanted to play those people that were in it.
Speaker 5: He thought people were in there. I thought they were in the record to like, this is not something he just DJ.
Speaker 2: I was scratching BRO before I was talking in there, so he wanted to hear their voice talk.
Speaker 5: But that's dope.
Speaker 3: That's two or three years old.
Speaker 5: He with DJ at parties and he's like, let me play the ghost.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the ghost exactly. He thought. Became to go inside the joint type ship.
Speaker 2: It was like I heard this mother wow, so I need to take apart that Bro.
Speaker 3: I used to take apart my equipment and put it back together because I was looking for other people inside.
Speaker 2: Ship.
Speaker 5: Then I learned how to do schematics. I'm a radio shock kid, like I know how to make radio check.
Speaker 3: You know how to transceivers transponder like I was technical. I had my first soldern kid at fourteen or fifteen fifteen, I had a soldering kid. Soldering is wow.
Speaker 5: I learned something.
Speaker 6: Brother, they don't even teach that shit, don't think anymore like how to like put.
Speaker 5: Together like that.
Speaker 6: I still got a ship that I made in junior with my soldering that I'm a fucking nerd.
Speaker 5: I hate it trying to be cool.
Speaker 3: That ain't like.
Speaker 5: Everybody needs to be a fucking nerd.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's so dope because I love the fact that you know us coming from the East Coast hearing djur, that's all we order.
Speaker 5: It was was gang culture. We thought of, like you know, and then and.
Speaker 3: Then like, there's no other than that.
Speaker 5: Again, when we see West Coast dudes.
Speaker 1: Walking, Jerry curls and then firms like because we hadn't seen that on the East Coast. When we seen that, we identified with that as Oh. At first it was like, wait a minute, they different why they don't got to fade they have moved that, you know what I mean? And then we said, oh ship, that's a that's gang ship.
Speaker 5: The perma I got it with some pimp ship. It was it was that pimp is down with a gang. Well, I mean, yeah, that makes sense. I guess I was with a game because I liked my ship. But I see I.
Speaker 3: Want gas gang. You can say it's a little cs I career is what it is. But I like the ice tea that off the six in the morning, mother fucking off the month, Cold War Madness coming on Saturday records that Jimmy James Terry Lewis produce. I wanted to wear my hair like iced Tea on Motherfuck and Power Album on Warner Brothers.
Speaker 5: That's the iced tea. I did my hair like that and Shabby Blue and pimpin Carl. I see.
Speaker 6: You know the.
Speaker 2: Misconception of California though, because you think because he has not he's obtained this knowledge that he won't to fuck you up.
Speaker 3: Though that's that's not true. The flip side is.
Speaker 2: The story that happened during Ego tripping. I'm not I'm I'm just getting my life, getting my life started. Problems come here with Snoop Dogg. I'm saying everybody every day. So at this point, were like two weeks in, he's taking a liking something like this.
Speaker 5: Okay, so we said it against it. I'm sorry.
Speaker 16: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Ego tripping Terrace has brought me in. But now I'm like two weeks into this six month situation and He's figured out that I'm from the same.
Speaker 3: Area as him. Believe it here, you're you're gonna sit with me.
Speaker 5: But y'all new to each other.
Speaker 3: Though we didn't know we did each other.
Speaker 2: We knew each other each other like this, like we had always shown lovely from confident. This is like every day we meet up at ten, leave at two, the whole thing. So I'm sitting with him and like we was working that shit was crazy. I'm sitting with him while he's mixing one of the records on Ego Trippers. So I used to sit there and just kind of watch, you know what I'm saying. He's working the big board, but he's he's one of the first ones dollar in analog.
Speaker 5: With digital, like this was two thousand and nine, two thousand and eight, something like that.
Speaker 2: So I'm just kind of just watching, just watching, watching, and Rihanna's coming through there, motherfucker.
Speaker 5: Anybody's coming through there.
Speaker 3: But he don't break.
Speaker 5: He on, he on so corrupt.
Speaker 2: Bring somebody by one night and it's maybe thirty people in the studio while he's mixing, and maybe nineteen of the more women and it's like a five to eleven type sit where it's like guys, summer gangs, whatever. So this guy walks in, He's like, what's up, He's up, what's up? Like if I came in here and went across the room, it was just like, what's.
Speaker 3: Up, what's up?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 3: What's up? What's up?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 3: What's up.
Speaker 5: He get to him and he go what's up? And then you go, what's up?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: So he he's fucking around and he just looks up at me, go like this. I looked at him and he goes, he's just hop up. He like I was having blood? What fuck you talking to? Hes just going on like niggas treats off. Nigga, come fucked up. So I'm sitting there like this.
Speaker 5: I'm like, so, I'm like, because he said everybody else because.
Speaker 2: Him only it's I'm like, so mind you, I only know like the version of y'all just saw with the words.
Speaker 5: But I'm I'm ten, Oliviers. Don't listen to this nigga. I'm like, I want to see that other thing too. You know there's another version. Hey that dude, that dude like he said, oh man, my man.
Speaker 3: He was like, nigga sat down. He said, hey, could you just the osculators with the left.
Speaker 5: Where he said, God, I'm sitting there like.
Speaker 4: The crazy thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, and to the point where the dude corrupt find out.
Speaker 3: About it, finds out about it, drives him back.
Speaker 2: Apologize to Uncle Quick because I'm gonna knock you out. It just became this other thing that going. And he apologized and then he left. And then I was like, this is DJ Quick in a nutshell right here. He really want to be chilling, but niggas keep tapping at him. And then all right, I'm wanted to answer.
Speaker 5: That question quick. You think home boy did it on purpose or I know.
Speaker 3: He did it on purpose.
Speaker 5: Okay, you can't not do it on purpose.
Speaker 3: Come on, it just wasn't the time, and it was inappropriate time sometime, that was not the time because we were on the clock, and I'm getting gang tested while I'm on the clock. This is a different This is a caveat Let me you know what.
Speaker 5: Let's make this make sense. Do you mind if I trip a little.
Speaker 3: He looked, He looked at me.
Speaker 5: I just love to trip a little man.
Speaker 2: Look here, he with one. Let me talk to you.
Speaker 5: She mean, don't you ever come in this business talking that ship.
Speaker 3: I don't know who you is. I know that somebody somewhere must love you because you're here. Now get back to him safely. If you play that ship one more time, I'm gonna show you what to do.
Speaker 2: And I hate being that guy, But don't come in here with that. That's like the teacher of the class. I'm finish corrupt.
Speaker 3: This whole class. I got students that will.
Speaker 2: Be kick your ass outside that let me nope, turn the phone off in the com not alert the front office, deal with this in the hallway right.
Speaker 5: And then after it happened, he looked at me. After he looked at me both ways of Sunday you looked at me.
Speaker 3: He was like, that's immature. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: He looked at me, just was like did I It was amazing, Like as a as a child that was just wanting you.
Speaker 5: You kind of expected in this way.
Speaker 2: But you wait, No, it's just it's not that I expected it. It was just like I hadn't seen it yet. I don't know, Like, bro, like you know what I'm saying. He was an asshole.
Speaker 5: Were just supposed to do.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying I'm I'm i hold him at such a high regard.
Speaker 5: It's like, not will he go down there? Does he still like to go down there? He felt like the other way he said it.
Speaker 2: Like not he he could have literally ignored it and it wouldn't be anything he could have This is DJ quick exactly. Man, he could have literally he could have like kicked me twice. Not a fire on that nigga, just because I'm with him, right, it was just like, let me show you something, let me show you something real quick.
Speaker 5: Sorry, He's like, it's just like, hold on, I got to see what I grew up to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let me ask you quick, right, Because in certain places, blood is a slang me right, right, Blood is like saying somebody saying what's up?
Speaker 5: Blood is a slang but they don't mean, they don't mean, they don't mean, they don't mean gang.
Speaker 1: Banging and certain places because it is a slang, right, can you identify if someone called you a blood or because in a place that.
Speaker 8: Is in gang random? Yes, it's the funny thing. The thing is is that'sh ship the fun Ready for this question.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna smoke your let's go do whatever you need.
Speaker 5: How long you take you to think of that question, though, how long it take you to come up with that? Cus, you just now pothize that was random, That's like it just came.
Speaker 3: That was ill.
Speaker 5: All the we're probably said.
Speaker 3: It's like we have been desensitizing blood and crip and cuz and all the nicknames as much as we've been trying to desensitize the word nigga.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, we're making it more common and we're taking ownership of it. We're turning into terms of endearment and love. But it's it's kind of hard when you really know the truth about you know, derogatory terms and all this. But if we could just make take the sting out of it, all of it, it's just you know, like, oh my god, you know, I mean, it don't have to be political. We're deep. We're citizenizing, like you said, citizen, We're citizenizing Bluzz and Cris. We just we're just all citizens, bro, and we're all the same color at the same time, you know what I mean. It's it's anything every it's everything everywhere, all at once, but at least less control the energy and a narrative of it, Like let's diffuse the bullshit let's make it more to where I can come and get a fucking burger at tams Bro and your neighborhood is fine because I like fucking like fucking PERSTROMI on my fries, my asshole.
Speaker 5: Y'all got over here. I'm not gonna mess with your girls.
Speaker 3: That show.
Speaker 5: That show I keep saying, I've just never seen it, And let.
Speaker 1: Me ask you all, because what Kendrick said on stage was it wasn't not just the first time y'all was at rehearsal before the right man.
Speaker 5: Rehearsal was like.
Speaker 2: The county jet, like the county jail at first Bro the county because everybody.
Speaker 3: Like the way you pull in. It was just like you get to see who pulling up.
Speaker 2: And again, I'm probably like the oldest niggad there, so I'm just kind of just watching energy, Me and whack Off we watching. I'm like, okay, yeah, oh okay, they got okay, they coming okay, And everybody brought the version to everybody, so it was cool, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And then like DJ Head, he.
Speaker 5: Set the tone.
Speaker 2: Everybody came with the attitude of like it's trying to win. Yeah, like everybody, nobody was on bullshit. Nobody looks scared, nobody was nervous, nobody was thinking it was about to be Like people I think were excited to be.
Speaker 5: Welcomed. I think that's what it was like. Everybody felt like they were happy to be welcomed.
Speaker 1: That like I would have thought something with elite from the rehearsals, the fact that every ya was all in cahoop's like like.
Speaker 5: Like like that's real, that's that's it, yeah, because somebody would have violated. It was for me, for me, For me, I got to see y'all, I was all together. I got to see how like five hundred million dollar businesses run is what I got to watch. Like they were definitely like if you do this, you can't perform. You do this, you can't perform whatever, like that's not that's my pey Gray.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know what I saw. I know if you you did six seven things, you asked the pot of there all of.
Speaker 1: That, I imagine Doctor Dray wasn't that rehearsals, so he was he was was really was that had to be reearsal oh ship I left Earth.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was, but that had to be one of those like don't say that. No, Drey was fucking comfortable as fun. That's like, don't say nothing about No, we wasn't saying nothing about nothing, Like you couldn't know, Like what, Bro, we knew what we were about to do to the city.
Speaker 3: It was like, hold on, like, why would I be the one that leak it the world? The city?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 3: World?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no, the city the world got to watch it.
Speaker 2: This was really about Los Angeles, like, Bro, I heard wrote really.
Speaker 5: About that, really about that? Like I heard, I don't know this is true, so don't do that.
Speaker 2: But I heard there was refunds if you were if your area code wasn't in California.
Speaker 5: I heard you say that.
Speaker 3: I heard that.
Speaker 5: I was like, wow, he Bro, the weekend was.
Speaker 3: In the bias straight up.
Speaker 2: The weekend was in the spot Rick Ross or they could they wasn't going on the stage though.
Speaker 5: That was about yeah, yeah yeah, they wasn't.
Speaker 3: For there, right Nick?
Speaker 5: Come on?
Speaker 2: That was bro.
Speaker 5: That was genius, man.
Speaker 2: That was yeah, Bro, it was no, why would we be the ones that that make it leak? And then we be on we be on the weirdose side of things.
Speaker 5: That's called sabotage, right, bro Bro.
Speaker 2: Didn't need none of us there for us for y'all to watch. So it's like, nah, we're not about to do that. This is this is this is about to be cool. I didn't know it was going to do this, but but that's a great time for California for y'all.
Speaker 3: I think it was great for him everywhere. I think it was bigger than California. I mean, what for hip hop too.
Speaker 1: It's big for hip hop and showing that cammaraderie and that unity that you know what I mean that we've never seen it was in that side. Everybody never seen from that side. So that since all in the same gang, you know, that's that's been the whole thing. Talking about that and like to see it. Like I said, I was on vacation somewhere. I don't forget where I was at. I just shot a pitcher at first, and I was just like, wait a minute, that sit just looked at it just looked at crazy to it tripped.
Speaker 2: Out Like I went when we landed, I had to go to the mall to grass and shit or whatever, and I'm just like I saw the billboard pop up and I saw it like pop up all over the mall. I'm like, y'all after the joke yesterday here, the mall is here, flew into Miami. I want to go grab some ship for you know what I'm saying, just hanging out or whatever, and I'm just watching the billboard that he's on the fucking billboard in the morning here, so we're just watching it. But I'm in Miami, bro, I'm not at the house. But you know what I'm saying, we got ours at the house. I heard it's like eleven to twelve cities that shit has flowed around through and it's about the triple up.
Speaker 3: So for that to just be something that you can you can say.
Speaker 2: You was a part of, deserve shout out to that boy, Kendrick Man, PG Lang, Free Lunch, DJ Head Mustard, everybody that was involved.
Speaker 3: For sure. For us to see that though outside of l A oh on man.
Speaker 5: Wow, wow, wow, make some noise for that.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 5: I'll be honest, I could do this all night, but damn, that was so dope.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm so proud of what y'all doing, what y'all continue to do. You know what, I'm proud I'm proud of I'm proud of your whole coast, man, You know what I'm saying, like to tell you the truth, Like like even us being from the East coast, like we didn't have no West coast beef.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 5: It was stupid.
Speaker 1: We was following us some dumb ship and they was following some dumb ship. But for me to see y'all do that together, because guess what, I just like how you just said you just see the Bloods do that, then the crypt Shore follow suit. After we see l A do that, New York should follow suit. Remember self instruction came first, right now all in the same then a game. Now y'all all in the same game coming first. Now New York gotta step it up.
Speaker 5: We gotta do theirself not.
Speaker 3: Self destruction.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, making sure, yes, y'all made sure it's on another level entertainment with you.
Speaker 3: That's whole of the story.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but no, I just want to tell you how proud I am a y'all man, because and I proudly I am of y'all being proud of yourself. I don't know if that makes sense, but what I'm saying to say is I can see it with y'all.
Speaker 5: Like I see it. I can see.
Speaker 1: I see the way y'all walk. Now, I can see your hair cuts. It different, you're close different. Search is silky here, you know what I mean. Your restaurants some more spits word, you know what I mean. Like it's just all like be proud, beautiful, and it's just like like I got to see it, Like I said, you know, obviously I can't.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm not that connected.
Speaker 1: But for those five days just walking around and me traveling to LA for twenty seven years, twenty six years, you know what I'm saying, I'm seeing like like y'all like it's the morales just boosted back, and it's just like that's that's ill what Kendrick did.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And I think it's bigger than like the West Coast because I think he wants y'all to do the same thing Atlanta, Chicago. Bro, it's about it's about hip hop, Like it's about hip hop not becoming this New York b hip hop can't turn into the drug business, Bronia going to jail man.
Speaker 3: I think it's longer than the West Coast.
Speaker 6: It's bigger hip hop movement and Kendrick represents like this hip hop movement that he was inspired by, probably not even him. West Coast resonated somewhere else, but he brought it the West and he took it everywhere.
Speaker 5: He's like, Yo, this is what we're doing, guys.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Right, I like.
Speaker 4: The whole time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's the only thing to say is.
Speaker 3: That bad jay Z said the devil's in the details. Yeah, let's talk about that before before beginning like that was drinking his liquor too.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yes, yes. What happens when you get this call that that jay Z wants to work with you?
Speaker 2: Uh, first of all, don't believe it, right, because I've been.
Speaker 3: In the house for a year.
Speaker 5: Hold you said by myself. You know, I cut the outside world off.
Speaker 3: Remember your man said I was in the house for a year, and he's right. And it was like my agent was like, hey man, they suck this up, bro, like you already sucked up the entourage meeting dude for HBO. I'm like, I'll be up there. I'm up there with Kevin Bacon them watching payroll get done. Fucking he got me this kids, man, he's my I missed this guy. I need to get this Asian back anyway. He was like dre like he said, Jay likes one of your beats. Bro, you got to New York. So I went to New York and stayed in fucking Jay's studio for a while, based like five days, yeah, based on okay and then about you know you got It's like I'm like, I'm here. They was like Cook doesn't get it. Just just leave him there, just telling him I beat need it right, don't tell him.
Speaker 5: Control is that?
Speaker 3: Man? No, look Monday, I got hardest around. I'm fading on Thursday.
Speaker 2: It's like the Friday and they put up with me.
Speaker 3: I say, I'm like, just I just went too hard and I was just like they finally came out like.
Speaker 5: You had to wait, said I love how you moved like he has something to do.
Speaker 3: He's busy guy. Yeah, bro, but no, it was funny like you know. Then he pulled up and I was like, bro, god damn things.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: I was probably here like man, Guru is too smart, Bro, like, don't put me in rude to smart and showed me ship I've never seen before. Bro, Like, bro, just pick do you like to beat? He's like, quick shoe you wear.
Speaker 5: Got you.
Speaker 3: Starts coming on the way right now you love this pretty quick. You gotta see what I did. That's the best ever. You don't know when they see it, jay Z, I'm doing that, horrible jay Z. But is he always He's ahead, He's always ahead. He's a bro. He's one of the greatest writers ever. I watched him write without writing. It's like on in the in the Dragon, he started fighting without fighting. The first time you saw that, Yeah, I couldn't believe it. I was like, how the fun I mean I had? I don't still walking around with pencil, paper, chute jay Z. I was like, oh, I guess I don't need that anymore. But this motherfucker wrote the song without writing anything down. I'm like, and other songs, I'm like, how the fuck is he doing this? He listened to the Beaty kick Back and he home a little bit, got this motherfucking Goocy shoes on, But there he is.
Speaker 5: He's like, he bought Goosey.
Speaker 3: Do you remember them shoes?
Speaker 5: They're talking about the Black album, right, yes, my god. He changed his head.
Speaker 3: He's like, all right, I got it, guru, Yeah, he got me gooan.
Speaker 5: Then they went and just nailed it. Came I out. He did like one take he was like.
Speaker 3: They'll run it again. I'll do it again, killing that one. It's like, it's like Jay, them ships is all good. He was like, And Guru was like, what just lame, just lame. I'm like, bro, like the record's done. He just bro he just did three sixteen bar verses without writing anything down. A y'all, just my am am, I tripping some genius sh like this is the funk you I've been doing.
Speaker 5: You realize they've been doing that.
Speaker 3: At that point, at the moment, Oh, this niggas a machine, So all be all the fucking change clothes and all makeson's all of it.
Speaker 5: I'm cheam j all the way.
Speaker 3: But I just couldn't believe that he didn't write that ship down on justify my thought. I came a little short on the beat because I tried to hurry up and mix it and Trede needed his studio back. I mixed that ship at Record One, which is the best studio in the world, and.
Speaker 5: That was the Madonna sample.
Speaker 3: We stood up like we were scrubbed. She was supposed to come, just by my th she she was gonna be on. She flaked on us on the last day and we were just so confused. It's like I was, I'm like, she showed for the Sweet, but she want to show for DJ Quick. I was hurt.
Speaker 5: But girls you can't predict what they're gonna do. Hey, we sold you wrong. We did it. That's the backstory. That's my say that the album for me, like, I'll say that she was supposed to come up there. I want to man give her her privacy.
Speaker 3: Just going there and seeing that ship like you did on that nasty video.
Speaker 5: You did he having fun?
Speaker 3: You were wrong. You like having fun.
Speaker 2: You abandoned your kid at school.
Speaker 5: It's over. You're taking the picture. I got one more questions.
Speaker 3: I gotta watch.
Speaker 5: I gotta watch. I had a lie.
Speaker 3: I gotta yeah, I gotta watch lie. I'm taking a shot for shout out man shot.
Speaker 5: I was a question because y'all better use this too. She owed me something. No, no, no, we using we're not using.
Speaker 1: Listen, you know, geminis right and Tupac like what I'm saying that, it's like like three different versions.
Speaker 5: I don't appreciate nothing that bro Gemini three maybe two.
Speaker 3: Maybe two birthday in eight, but in this case January, but hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 1: In this case with Tupac, Right, there is two different versions of it. There is like a digital underground version, then that's that version right in between, and then it's the death roversion.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 3: He's a yall man.
Speaker 5: I toured with him, Bro, he was he was a roadie. He was a roady. I didn't hold on y'all.
Speaker 3: Look, he was a roadie on the tour. Like yeah, but he was shining on stage like we were. We were all you know, we were all that was Tommy Boy. We were profile like we was on tom this Capitol Records.
Speaker 5: Bro, it was all the same thing.
Speaker 2: But Park was like he was the Humpty Dance record right when everybody was doing Humpty Dance.
Speaker 3: Park was more like the director, like the you know, choreographer. I wouldn't call it that. He was just the brightest. He was the brightest diamond in the bunch, you know, and he made the shows lit. So when when Shoan did the record for him, it just blew him up. We all waited for that, you know what I'm saying. He was. He was this dope little he was almost like a black panther, but we didn't know that's what it was. He just had a lot of enthusiasm. You know what I mean at that young age, that ship was amazing. That's crazy dating yo yo. He was dating fucking yo yo.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 5: Wait, Puk was dating yoyo. That's not news. Well in this team, money Love denied that part. Bro, what's.
Speaker 4: That's my that's.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't believe that.
Speaker 5: I mean it was.
Speaker 2: But we were looking up the was like this is the next thing, you know what I mean, like he said, he already set it up.
Speaker 5: He was like quick, this is the next thing.
Speaker 3: Like and he knew it when he when he sat with Roger Troupman to do that took to do pox record that was like homage because you know, only ice Cube at that point could wrap over Za beats. You know. That's how we saw it, like he got the beat done by a Bay Area beasts like Greg Jacobs shout out to the great shot. I still can't wait.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you do you do you look at like a Bay Area guy or you look at him like an l A guy.
Speaker 3: I look at him as the fucking roadie on the tour who got it, got got his record out? He he he did, He got out wrapped on his first album, Unfortunately ice Cube got on there and just shined.
Speaker 2: It was what it was, but he was he.
Speaker 3: It was like he was a prize fighter on his very first album, was very first album. Everybody know, it's no secret, but the fact that he came back and did this thing where he just took on this persona. When I heard Dear Mama, bro like, I got out of my car. Each he changed from all that you know him, the scivity hobby, you know, dost effectus, whatever he was going for.
Speaker 5: It was like it was it was his thing.
Speaker 3: He was telling his story and you know, it was cool, but I was being Maybe I was being vain because I was already rich and famous, and I probably didn't listen to him like I should have. I didn't hear his civil rights guy until I heard Dear Mama, and it was like and then I had to go back. Unfortunately for me, I was wrong, and I had to go back and listen to his discography again and reintroduced myself to him when I was too busy promote my own records.
Speaker 5: Butchupac, I'm Maris.
Speaker 2: Shakur was a beast in the studio.
Speaker 3: It was one of the most funniest times I had in my life, and I wish I could have been there, so I would have easily jumped in front of the shooter.
Speaker 1: What do you think I would have happened and I miss him if Pak would have still been signed to death role but didn't indulge in in gang banging.
Speaker 3: At it wasn't gang banging activity. He was never off of fucking. He was never free from that case. He was out on parole, so he never got comfortable because he knew at some point, maybe you have to go to jail. I don't know. He wasn't free.
Speaker 2: He still had to go and rectify that situation, which we all later found out what it was. But it was like he didn't He never felt free. That's why he never furnished his houses. That's why he you know, it was fleeting between him and Kadata and I love him both.
Speaker 3: Like I wish that that was. They were a beautiful dream that we were just watching coming to fruition and it didn't end up the way it was supposed to end up.
Speaker 5: Us she's doing.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about his wife. I don't know all about you know, I wasn't in her daddy business at that point. I remember him and the cute girl you know that was that was love.
Speaker 5: It was finally I was like, yeah love. You know.
Speaker 3: God damn he didn't get a chance to live his life, bro, and that sucks because we're all just left with all these questions and what ifs and hypotheses that don't mean anything. We're just throwing ideas like we're just crumbling butterflies. Bro, We're talking about what could have been.
Speaker 2: This is dope. Bro, this is a dub like hip hop conversation. So much for allowing me to sit in and watch this. Crazy to me, BRO, I hope you are entertained. You it was than me. It is crazy to me to just watch, bro, just as fans of everybody just like this is crazy.
Speaker 5: Let me just tell you something. Appreciate this.
Speaker 1: This and this is also eight years a brutal beat downs me and e f N been receiving.
Speaker 5: They've been like, yo, you're fronting on quick and We're like what they were tripping on you.
Speaker 1: We've been trying to get trying to we're trying to get numbers so quick. We've been trying to get you so bad. I ain't gonna should be with you.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: We're gonna tell you.
Speaker 2: Why you was so crazy happened. I'm like, bro, this on my f you don't get access. I don't like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Listen to me. Ship Very is very like, well this is dope. I'm gonna know all listen.
Speaker 1: Your fanst I'm gonna tell you fans is in there with one of them as they should be.
Speaker 3: They should be that they should you. That's what that's what's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's why when he said both, I can tell that when he left Majors his fans with with him with the Independent, some.
Speaker 3: Of them did. Yeah, they did.
Speaker 5: His shows are crazy, bro. We were like, what's the said.
Speaker 2: He'd be like, I'll let y'all know when we get out there freestyle the whole show.
Speaker 5: Bro, we don't know what's about to have it. We're just kind of sitting there up in the crowd.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful.
Speaker 5: You like producing on the spot. You're ready for the living on turn up.
Speaker 3: It was about to be crazy. I ain't got to say where.
Speaker 5: We gotta do nothing, get ready for the Living.
Speaker 3: On turning into what it's supposed to be everywhere everywhere I go, just watching building on fucking Google, so so happy to see that, Like, bro, this is amazing to build my house. It is so cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, thank y'all man so much, Thank you again, man, Like I'm just telling y'all man, like you know, hip hop has its way a shifting and going places that it's supposed to be when it's supposed to be, And right now was y'all world.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like I ain't afraid to admit that, and I ain't ashamed to admit that it's your world, Like you know, I got to feel it, Like I said, I only been when I was out there like five days, but that five days in the five percent teaches that's power a firement, and then that was.
Speaker 3: Actually what's the first word of that is power?
Speaker 1: And I got to feel it, like I got to feel it, like you know what I'm saying, Like I've been out there so long, so I got my own little people that I fuck with, but I'm sitting out there and I'm watching it and I'm feeling it, and I and the energy it's just euphoric, like it's everywhere like and it's just like, you know what, that's what's the biggest thing about it. You know, you know God so Himan, you know Kendrick and Drake, you know, Beef or whatever the thing is. He brung y'all back together. It is so it is so like, man, I want to congratulate y'all, and I want to tell y'all continue to do the thing because right now, you know, maybe yeah, hip hop does come from the East Coast, it does come from New York.
Speaker 5: Right now, y'all leading it. It's y'all the leaders, y'all.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm gonna say this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like everybody can come to Hollywood, man, come to Compton.
Speaker 4: With Compton.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: Listen, I get to l A and listen. I don't have no problem with nobody come to Compton man, Like think the white girl came to the Nobody let me do this.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm not about to do that. I see what. Listen, all the queens right that's wondering.
Speaker 3: White people can come to Crank, that's damn. But they can come to Common.
Speaker 5: Said, we're not here to harm or hurt nobody. That's it's done.
Speaker 2: Come off to the city, bro, We're gonna get this motherfucking Compton Walker.
Speaker 3: Frame going next.
Speaker 2: Getting ready for the Comptant Walking frame ain't no point of bringing that the when I with y'all, let's get that doctor's.
Speaker 3: Right, Kndrick, that dj a quick.
Speaker 2: The more the rose and you know what I'm saying, you know, I mean, let's get that right.
Speaker 3: There, Rose Krans, Rose Kran.
Speaker 5: It's the block to go through everything that's getting up, all those cramps, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like I'm gonna take a ride through Rose Crans. I could do it, definitely, the whole thing. Okay, I mean to go to the beach though. That's the ship, Okay, comp they got the beach, No.
Speaker 3: Take it goes right to the beach. If you get off when it ends you at the coast, your Pacific coachy p when it.
Speaker 5: Takes your p H. You know, appreciate sip coast. I appreciates.
Speaker 2: I'm building beach in Compa.
Speaker 3: I need to do my chest. I don't want to go nowhere else.
Speaker 5: Listen to my brothers.
Speaker 1: I couldn't be so more happier, man, I thank you so much. So before we get about him, it's anything y'all feel like you want.
Speaker 5: To say, get up your tests or anything.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to be here and I'm so happy to watch this fucking man be able to get this fucking moment.
Speaker 3: Because you know what he was talking retired talk to me.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we left that off right now.
Speaker 2: Bro, he just getting started. He just getting started, man, And I can't wait. This is my hear to watch this man get his.
Speaker 3: Let's go. This is my.
Speaker 5: This is the Fawns, y'all. This is the real Fawns.
Speaker 3: Like he's that swaggy character that that that actually gets us major record deals, like with just a little effort, like this dude is whipping people into shape. Bro.
Speaker 5: This is great.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 5: We've been motivating me lately, like you know, come on, man, bro, let's keep going, keep major label.
Speaker 1: Because I watched you on another interview and they said this was prior to the n w A album cover I'm a Compton movie coming out, and they said to you, to you, are you excited? And I think you say sort of trailers or whatever, but I don't think there's been something documented. If you co signed the straight out of Compton movie.
Speaker 3: Well, there's no trauma or drama there. I go to Easy's grave and fucking Rose Hills and I rectify that by that.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I still see it as tangible.
Speaker 3: I'm related to this guy in a way that's like brotherly and honest, And even though I boohooed poo pooted earlier loyalty, I still fuck with Eric. So I'm very partial to how he's being portrayed, you know what I mean. And if I don't like it, I don't like it. If I like it, I like it because I know the real him and I knew how he would react and respond. If you look at the n w A videos, they're all works of art that's like some Andy Warhol shit.
Speaker 5: It is just brilliant.
Speaker 2: But that's who he was.
Speaker 3: He saw it bigger than what we saw it. We saw it just so we can get enough money to get the bands. He saw it to where he can get enough money to go have dinner with the president and get a million dollars worth the press on fifteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Gus mission.
Speaker 3: I want to add on to what he's saying.
Speaker 2: It's just kind of fucked up, bro. Like with our films, we don't get to have people from our.
Speaker 5: Area play us. But this one was doctor Dre and.
Speaker 2: I don't know, this is just a We're just having a fan conversation. So when I watched movies that represent the East Coast, I can never get that role to play Noriega in a film. When we watch Atlanta outside of my boy Jackie Long, it's kind of tough. They play a little bit ball, but they have like the main representatives of Los Angeles and I'm playing Atlanta Snowfall. We didn't get that opportunity. A lot of our films are like the League. Guys are not from where we're from, so it's kind of tough and easy. The guy that play Easy is my friend, so we've had this conversation, but he's from New Orleans and it's just like for me, it's like bro like Friday work because everybody from was from Saves.
Speaker 3: We got to see it.
Speaker 2: But do you think it's a regional thing because me, I think it's a Hollywood budget thing.
Speaker 5: Man, what I think it's a Hollywood budget thing? Rich for my blood.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's I don't think it's nothing to do with none of that. It's a Hollywood budget thing. And we gotta like I've auditioned for roles for Shitting Compton. They told me, I know you don't you don't fit that's crazy from knowledge. Their version of what they think my city is is totally off. That's why it doesn't resonate us and it don't work tell the truth.
Speaker 5: It's off.
Speaker 2: I'm from confident, just like his, just like say Worthy comes through there, just like like game Is and Roddy and YJ and Kendrick, We're all and let's go Steve Lacy, let's go Thundercat, let's go Buddy, let's go av, let's go Ad, let's go pun We're all nineteen different niggas. So you're not gonna just tell us what we are. And that's the fucking problem with all of this shit. You know what I'm saying, shout out to the community to figure out you know what I'm saying, fi community, everybody that's doing their thing in that space.
Speaker 5: Nah, we got to like readjust this thing.
Speaker 2: It was clowns, basketball players, gang bangers, ladies, dancers, kids, icons, every street niggas on that one picture. So don't let's stop misrepresenting.
Speaker 3: What we are over there.
Speaker 6: Drink Champs is a drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and DJ e FN listen to drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs, hosted by Yours truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real Norrie, go on ig at Noriega on Twitter, Mine is at Who's Crazy, on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com