Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong Show, Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and He Armstrong and Yetty. So I got hit hard with.
Speaker 1: The rotavirus Tuesday night. Google it or chat gpt it. It's going around the country, particularly northern California. But there's hot spots all around the country. It's a stomach thing hits you all of a sudden. Man, it did me. It's like I went from perfectly fine to good God, what's wrong with me? Like immediately, Wow, I thought I was gonna vomit or whatever. Anyway, So I slept all day Wednesday and much of the day yesterday, and consequently didn't sleep at all last night, not a single minute. Oh my, I've only done a few times in my life. But I didn't sleep a single minute, and like wasn't even close. I just wasn't tired. Anyway. At some point during the night, I decided, for who knows what reason, to watch Woody Allen's Annie Hall. Wow, and uh, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: I thought of that movie the other day. Did something happen?
Speaker 1: Could be maybe maybe we both were struck by something that caused us to think about it. But something I wanted to say about that, but we'll have to do that after Clipso.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's take a fond look back of the week that was. It's the beloved Friday tradition, cow clips of the week. He's in mixed signals only deal to end the war with a RAM.
Speaker 4: Look what President Trump has done here is create an unbearable situation for the Iranian regime.
Speaker 5: Oman will behave just like everybody else that will have to blow them up.
Speaker 1: I understand that they'll be fine.
Speaker 6: And here today we are starting to see the situation simmering down, with neither side indicating the ceasefire is faltering.
Speaker 3: Tax one hundred percent anyone from California that receives any of those funds we want to tax one hundred percent. California is actually the worst managed state in the Union. I would never invest there.
Speaker 4: The consequences for zombie people, they don't have them.
Speaker 3: It's like anarchy. It's like it's psycho these people.
Speaker 4: When I unplug them and they're all going to Seattle where the mayor will welcome them.
Speaker 1: We will focus on the worst landlords in New York City.
Speaker 7: We will work to transfer ownership to responsible stewards.
Speaker 1: Five police officers were injured after official say an eighteen year old driver plowed into a crowd. We believe that we can arrest our way towards safety.
Speaker 8: We're rome Ken Paxton is the most corrupt politician in America.
Speaker 6: I mean he's a vegan who thinks God is non binary and that there's actually six biological sexes.
Speaker 1: Here we see the US Secretary of Health and Human Services wrangling and removing a pair of black racer snakes from doctor Oza's patio. The FBI is seizing three hundred gold bars, along with two million dollars in cash and thirty five luxury watches from the Virginia home of David Rush. Stunningly, driver Katie Thomas houlds up her right arm, revealing she doesn't have her right hands.
Speaker 3: So you want to just call this a day, I don't want to call it a handhole. You have a dirty mouth, but it's constant with this. This is what these people do.
Speaker 1: The bitch, Nazi bitch, that's what you are.
Speaker 2: My health.
Speaker 3: I'll make your crudalis ongr whatever you want. Oh, you have a book, well as what happened, I don't know what happened. I mean when I as I watched it, I thought, oh my god, he's having a stroke.
Speaker 1: It's clips of the week.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you. Britney Spears offers to make me a lasagna and go swimming. I'm in hard to say no to.
Speaker 1: We got a text. I'll bet she puts peas in her lasagna. I don't know if that's a thing, but I didn't know somebody who made great lasagna but insisted on having olives in it. And it's the only time I'd ever had olives in it. Oh, I didn't dig it at all, but I could see olives. You didn't dig it, pick them out?
Speaker 3: No, it just seems olives are an Italian thing, and peas just seems out of left field to me.
Speaker 1: And then that one story, if you didn't hear it, is a woman got pulled over by the cops for the stupid ticket of having a cell phone in your hand. But anyway, the cops said, I saw it in your right hand. Oh yeah, I don't have a hand. Juled, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: He gave her the ticket anyway, until the police department was so ridiculed that they said never mind. Oh boy, So.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen Annie Hall. I don't know if y'all have a Woody Allen movie. One best picture I think the year it came out Oscar. It's a fantastic movie. God, I watched I probably watched half of it last night. It is brilliant. It's brilliant now. I can't imagine how brilliant it was for its time because it was so different than anything that I'd ever been Anyway, what he comes on there at the very beginning and the opening and says, there's an old joke where this old woman is at a restaurant and she said, God, this food is terrible and the portions are so small. And he said, it's kind of like life. I mean, you spend all your time in misery and struggle and work and worry and it goes by too fast, which is a very similar sort of thing. And for whatever reason, watching the movie got me thinking about reading his memoir. Apropos of Nothing I believe is his memoir by Woody Allen. It's really great if you have any interest in Woody Allen, or really just movies and show business, because he started out as a stand up comedian way way way back. In the day of early television and then became a famous director, and he knows everybody famous that's ever existed. One of the interesting things about him is he's a hardcore atheist. He's a real big none of this matters, and when you're dead, you're dead, and it's all just an accident of you know, science that are smart being existed, and his movies mean nothing ultimately, and nobody will remember him and that sort of thing, and he's fine with that, and I just I think it's it's interesting to go about trying to enjoy life when you've got the mindset of he's got. He never goes to award shows. He doesn't receive it, he doesn't go pick up awards. If he's nominated, he doesn't watch them. He doesn't care if he wins or loses. He's never seen any of his movies. He works, he directs them, and everything like that, he doesn't watch them. He just he has no interest in any of that sort of stuff. He said, like, there's usually a ballgame on opposite the oscars. I'd much rather watch that, And and I just I think that's an interesting I admire that in some ways, but I can't figure out where you get your happiness. His happiness is just in his work. He likes creating art, but he only likes creating it. He has no interest in what other people think of it. He doesn't read reviews, you know, all the things they said, he doesn't watch them.
Speaker 3: But he doesn't even watch them. I mean, that's that's where it crosses the line. In the crazy ones.
Speaker 1: Well, to me, you'd have to see it enough. You'd see a lot by in the editing process. I mean, he's the director and so you'd see a lot of it. But he doesn't ever, you know, sit down and watch the whole movie end to end, or ever want to see it again or read a review, or cares what anybody thinks of it. It just does it and moves on. And I just on one end, I wish I could live my life that way, with a lot of different things. On the other end, I don't know where you get your joy.
Speaker 3: I guess it's a joy going out going out for dinner in Manhattan with friends and having a lively conversation.
Speaker 1: He goes to the same restaurant and orders the same thing every night and has for like sixty years, which is interesting. I could do that that I could keep that I related and now you know, I figure a Woody Allen Hayter. You say, and then you, you know, marry your child, start sexing up your child, which is inaccurate.
Speaker 3: I believe that to be true. Yes, what you just said, speaking of New York City, I thought this was so good. I don't know Josh Barrow, the writer is vaguely familiar, but he pointed out the other day that if you wonder why hotels in New York are so expensive, this is why, as he said, do you know what rents are? Not you you like rent an apartment, but rent seeking. It's a term economist's use, meaning you manipulate the government into doing you a favor or passing a regulation that benefits you, and the financial gain you get from that is called rent by economists. Why I don't know, but mister Barrow points out the hotel union and the hotel owners worked together to get the city to ban new hotels. Hotel rates soared, and now labor and capital dividing up the rents collected. And it's connected to the headline from the New York Times the average pay of housekeepers in New York City hotels will increase to more than one hundred thousand dollars a year as part of a contract settlement between an industry trade group and a powerful union. And that's the way rent seeking works. You cook up some flimsy excuse to limit any competition so you can jack up your rates, and then the union says, hey, we want our cut, and you say that's cool. That's fine because we're making much higher profits now. And who suffers the customers in the citizens. What's so brilliant about these unions is that they then put you in the unfortunate position of arguing that housekeepers should be paid less than like software engineers. Then someone yells at you that there's no such thing as unskilled labor. Then you just throw up your hands and say, fine, let's abandon capitalism. Fine, twenty five hundred dollars for two full beds on the smoking floor of a Times Square Marriot. Okay, super yeah, Yeah, they're actually dovetailing off the huge new deal. The Long Island Railroad got public employee union monopoly on service, no competition, union lawyers on both sides of the bargaining table. It's oh well, So getting.
Speaker 1: Back to the idea of trying to be happy with what you do or whatever, or just trying to be happy in general. Do you ever listen You made several albums with your band, do you ever listen to them?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure you do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you get in that oh yeah, yeah. I mean I can't do it too much or they just kind of worn out. But yeah, I don't think had pleasure from it.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
Speaker 3: Just no.
Speaker 1: It's interesting to me that like only enjoying the process of things.
Speaker 3: I know Tom Petty has said that he never listens to the stuff when it's done.
Speaker 1: I wonder if people who are really great at stuff because I've said this before, but the great one, maybe the greatest college basketball coach of all time, Bobby Knight, maybe the greatest basketball coach of all time. Bobby Knight. He was asked after retired and everything like that, you know, if he could relive something or whatever, and he said, if I it's not the winning the championship or whatever, it's the process. That's what I like. If I could do anything again, it would be in a dark gym, me alone with some guys getting better. That's what I liked.
Speaker 3: The winning.
Speaker 1: It is just you know what comes at the end of that. But it's the process. And I wonder if that's how you get really really good at stuff, is that you enjoy the process so much like Larry Bird and Kobe Bryant or whoever else or already great, but get to the gym six hours before everybody else can shoot.
Speaker 3: Right. That's absolutely true, one hundred percent true. I've seen that in the number of different realms a human activities. Number one. If I could be like a Tom Petty and be constantly working on new stuff, I wouldn't listen to the old stuff much either. I'd be too busy, but I just don't have time. I've seen it in in golf, especially because they're like my son was super talented golfer, but he had no interest in grinding, in practicing, in working on his game, which is fine, you don't have to. And there are other kids that were contemporaries to his that just loved being on the range, loved working on their swings, and they're the ones who really excelled at it.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, that's an interesting philosophy.
Speaker 3: Hmmm.
Speaker 1: Uh the not. It's like I've I've I don't I haven't listened to our radio show really much, and I don't know that I ever will. Ever when it's over, someday we'll go back and listen to it.
Speaker 3: You either, No, including when we're doing it. No, Yeah, that's that's yeah. Yeah. I do sometimes just to remind myself to avoid certain, you know, pitfalls, but not very often because all I can hear of the flaws makes me saying.
Speaker 1: You think you will like years from now, I want to listen to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably a little bit, I wonder, although for God's sake, I don't will we still be doing it? Lady, Ah tell you what, seventy year olds these days, they just don't know what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: President Baron Trump.
Speaker 3: He's just like his old man. You don't remember him. It was funny days.
Speaker 5: You made it right, utters running.
Speaker 1: Along, tid that's what I'll sound like. We got more of the way, stay here, Armstrong, Heyetty.
Speaker 5: Apparently there's a TikTok trend going around that's popular in Utah. First time he makes that choice, he sits on the couch, The couch lag breaks and he goes flying and it's a horrible, horrible accident. Doctor and nurses told us that this is the third case they've seen of CouchSurfing here at Primary Children's. This terrible accident happened, and it's one more thing to talk to your kids about.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a TikTok trend, like these things become, and this one what they're strapping couches behind cars and pulling them down the street and riding them for fun.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the term CouchSurfing, as it's double meaning is clear. I would suggest to that person drowning into their phone, you don't caution your child against doing every single incredibly stupid thing separately. You kind of make a blanket lesson out of don't do things that are incredibly stupid and dangerous. Speaking of, so, you told me not to jump on a couch being pulled down the street at a high speed, but you never said about anything about an easy chair. So I did it, and your stupid ottoman strapped to the wing of a plane. So exactly.
Speaker 1: We talked about this story at the time the sentencing came down yesterday the Los Gaidos party. Mom, what a story do you remember?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, vaguely.
Speaker 1: Got teens drunk, pressured them to have sex. Got the maximum prison sentence yesterday. She is as kooky as anybody's ever been, particularly unique kind of crazy. You know, you got the the weird teachers who want to sex up young guys and relive there. I don't know what this woman was doing. She's fifty two years old. She was sentenced to thirty five years and ten months, so she's going to spend the rest of her life in jail for hosting alcohol fueled teen parties and orchestrating sexual encounters among miners during the pandemic. And these were kid kids ages thirteen to fifteen, so it wasn't even like sixteen to eighteen. Thirteen year old and she would say, if.
Speaker 3: I'm seventeen, you wouldn't have had to pressure me very much. But thirteen to fifteen year old sets just perverse.
Speaker 1: Guilty of forty eight charges, including sexual penetration of an intoxicated victim, influencing a child to engage in sexual activity with another child, providing alcohol to a minor, annoying or molesting a child, annoying, and attempting to swaye a witness from reporting a crime. I'll drop the annoying and just keep you in there for all the other horrible stuff.
Speaker 3: If annoying people who were a crime, I'd be wearing an orange jumpsuit right now. Let's be serious.
Speaker 1: She provided vodka, fireball, whiskey beer, and hard seltzers to party attendees, mostly thirteen to fifteen, gave them condoms, and encouraged them to gauge in sexual activity while intoxicated. It is kind of like people who don't bump fights, but she was doing sex. She'd get them so hammered they're vomiting and passed out, and like convince them to have sex when they're too drunk to even know.
Speaker 3: What the hell was going on. What a sicko. I know.
Speaker 1: Craziness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Seattle's crumbling coming up in a moment or two. And the worst chant ever Armstrong and Geeddy, that is the antifa types and far leftists and would be Marxist revolutionaries who have moved their camp to New Jersey now and are demonstrating and blocking and committing acts of violence outside and Immigration center. Were they in New Jersey? Every cop, every fed, shoot yourself in the head, all right, Marcus Espinosa reporting this has been escalating all week.
Speaker 6: Thursday night, in fact, got tense, extremely quickly. Protesters using trash cans, umbrellas, and makeshift shields trying to block view from entering and leaving the.
Speaker 3: Facility, and then they played the chanting We'll skip that, Michael and go to the next clip.
Speaker 6: Advocates, family members, and Democratic lawmakers say detainees have reported spoiled food, limited medical care, and an ongoing hunger strike, but DHS strongly dispus those claims, the agency posting on social media that detainees are having all their needs met, with Homeland Security Secretary Mark Wayne Mullin stating health officials were allowed to inspect that food service and its operations Thursday, but those assurances aren't satisfying enough for everyone out here.
Speaker 1: I don't want to give people spoiled food, but how good is the food supposed to be? And when I sneak into your country and you catch me, how good is it supposed to be?
Speaker 3: We had the talk, a tough talk in Mark Wayne audio yesterday. I thought we had it today, but he is saying, look, we're not running the holiday in here. These people are getting three meals a day in medical care and fresh water, fresh clean water. It's fine to agree let's end with this final clip.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hoda dead, put you my boy. I have your face. Mother, You're dead, boy.
Speaker 3: That's one of the Marxist protesters. Kill your whole family. I have your face. You're dead. I'm going to kill them all. You're dead. Right there you go. That's your leftist politics. And Antifa doesn't exist, by the way, remember that, hey, cut.
Speaker 1: There isn't is there? Anybody? Wouldn't be very many people that are. Look, I believe in having borders. You have to have borders. Legal immigration is wrong. It drives down wages. But I'm out here protesting because we're not treating them well enough. Most of the hardcore protesters out there want open borders, right, and this is a good reason too. It gives them, It gives them.
Speaker 3: Cover for that right exactly. Yeah, it's the hook. Meanwhile, on the other coast in Seattle, great report here.
Speaker 9: Now it was obvious from the get go, the moment that the former public transit activists announced her candidacy for mayor, that Katie Wilson would be a living nightmare for Seattle. And now the crime is so bad that the police union is even taking honor in confidence that city is now giving us scenes like this. Residents are fed up and they know that as long as Katie Wilson is in charge, the city is not going.
Speaker 1: To help them.
Speaker 9: They've been abandoned. So they're taking their safety into their own hands, and they're building makeshift barricades, large metal planter boxes filled with dirt and gravel, trying to block off residential streets near one of Seattle's busiest and most dangerous areas, Aurora Ave North.
Speaker 1: It's terrifying to live here, and it's even more terrifying that the city is absolutely doing nothing to protect the citizens in this neighborhood. We're just afraid that somebody that a neighbor's going to have to die before the city will do something.
Speaker 3: Why love the detail that they're actually and those are obviously, you know, sane, reasonable people. They're building themselves military style barricades so that vehicles can't keep on can can't come on their streets, I've seen because thugs and shooters on foot are bad enough, but we gotta they're blocking off their streets. That's not a thing in America.
Speaker 1: If we're happening on the Battle, if it were happening on the East Coast, it would give tons of attention, but it doesn't because it's the West Coast, you know.
Speaker 3: Go ahead and run our old buddy, Jason Rantz there, Michael.
Speaker 4: You've got a bunch of neighbors who are sick and tired of almost one hundred separate shootings over the course of the last couple years, open air, drug use, prostitution everywhere, homelessness everywhere, and now they're saying, Okay, we're going to put up these barriers. The problem is city has already say they're going to take the barriers down, and they're not going to do anything different. They'll throw out some press release that says, hey, we're going to have some more police actions, some more proactive policing the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: The problem is you don't have enough cops to do that.
Speaker 4: We have just a little under nine hundred officers for the entire city of Seattle in a city that needs about sixteen hundred, so they can do any kind of enforcement for maybe a day or two. But you're just leaving another neighborhood vulnerable. So we'll just have one of these stories somewhere else.
Speaker 1: I remember the first time I went to Seattle, going on thirty years ago. H thank you gladys. That was a cloudy day, so cool, so clean, so safe feeling, and just so cool. It's like I remember saying similar with Portland. Was the same way. They're like clean San Francisco's they're all the cool of San Francisco but clean. Yeah, that's when San Francisco is much cleaner than what it became. But but that's you know what policy matters. As we say over and over again.
Speaker 3: It really does. Are fans of leftist train wrecks. This Katie Wilson has the potential to be, speaking of Seattle like the Jimmy Hendrix of bad leftist mayors. She could make Brandon Johnson of Chicago look like mayor Daily. I mean, real potential. There bears watching, and I for one, I'm looking forward to it. Sorry, friends in Seattle, truly for what you must endure?
Speaker 1: Yeahvable I wonder how long you man, they'll put up with it. They were ready for another go around of a socialist mayor communist mayor Marxist mayor.
Speaker 3: So they don't they won't connect the terrible outcomes with the policies. They'll blame capitalism or something. Once somebody's delusional it becomes really hard to reel them back with facts because they are by definition unable to process them.
Speaker 1: Here's the challenge. There's the rub is Shakespeare might say, Oh, I've been on a Shakespeare kick lately, really enjoying really.
Speaker 3: Oh my son's going to be in Did I tell you this? He's finally getting back to acting cool. I'm shaking my head and rolling my ass. He's doing some summer Shakespeare.
Speaker 1: Ah awesome.
Speaker 3: And he's he's got two parts in this play because the first character, spoiler alert, doesn't live through the intermission. He dies at the end of the first act, and he plays a totally different character in the second half. And he loves doing Shakespeare. But one of the reasons he's so excited about this they're both very colorful characters with some comedic stuff. But he gets to act out his favorite stage direction. In all of Shakespeare, you have your lines right, and then you have your stage directions. His favorite stage direction is exit pursued by bear, and that's what his part does.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that there are still places that put on Shakespeare place. There are not universities where they still teach Shakespeare in literature. I've been reading a lot about that lately, and it's just amazing. If Shakespeare comes up, it's to deconstruct it.
Speaker 3: On de colonize Shakespeare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was all white males and all that sort of crap, but none about you know, it being by most people's minds of the greatest writing of all time, drama and comedy, that sort of stuff. But yeah, that's a problem. What I'm glad they're still putting on the place. Yeah, let's have a joke before we take a break. Can I hear a joke? Number two?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 1: Michael? This is an old timey. All the late night shows are on vacation right now. Uh so this is seth Myers from I don't know when.
Speaker 8: Expert supported this week. There's so much trash has accumulated in Los Angeles they believe it could lead to a spread of the bubonic plague. Said people in Los Angeles, we are going to get so skinny.
Speaker 3: That's a great joke.
Speaker 1: Having just talked about the bubonic plague the other day, how about the Jimmy fallon joke before we take a break.
Speaker 10: Well, As the ongoing pilot shortage leads to more flight cancelations, senators have introduced a new bill to raise the mandatory retirement age for pilots. Yeah, that's who passengers want flying their plane. A pilot who thought his best days were behind him.
Speaker 3: He's like, I'm back, I'm maverick.
Speaker 10: Can you go to our own Yeah, you'll know the pilot's older when he gets to sign gate B seven and yeo's bingo, you.
Speaker 3: Know, speaking of flying. Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, had a buddy who's a private pilot, and he he keeps getting his salary doubled for them to keep him because they're just art enough pilots out there.
Speaker 3: Wow, damn it, I missed my calling of flying. Flight attendants are united in asking us to stop doing this. We'll tell you what this is, he says chivally. Click right after the right after the break, stay with.
Speaker 7: Us poorly head out for the weekend updates on both wars with some new information of Vladimir Zelensky, President of Ukraine, just told CBS News that he sees Russia preparing a big, massive attack using drones, cruise and ballistic missiles to take place today or tomorrow night, with reports that large waves of.
Speaker 1: One way attack drones have already been launched at Ukraine. So wow, this might be practically a last ditch effort by uh Putin as he's been losing in the last couple of months. AnyWho, On the other war, the war with war fighting against Iran, Donald Trump is having a meeting right now in the White House sitch waiting room to make a final determination on the whole US Iran deal that we don't exactly know what the details are, but so that might happen today. And then finally this from the Financial Times. The director General of the IAEA, that's your International Atomic Energy Agency, is talking about Kazakhstan taking Iran's highly enriched uranium stockpiles. So that's what that deal would be.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Now, I got to get up to speed on Kazakhstani politics. Its job, tell you what what I've had enough. I don't know if that's a good I'd hear the worst idea I've ever heard my life. Right, So, flight attendant sets, your aerowaitresses are united in one request, nay demand, please stop poking them. Evidently they say every single day that happens. Somebody pokes them in the arm to get the attention, or in the ribs or in the rear end, and passengers evidently think that that's okay, and they interview a bunch of this is Washington Post flight attendants. Who you talk to any flight attendant for any airline, they will all agree it's something that we cannot stand and that we deal with soft and it's insane, says this one gallow's has been pinched on. Oh, this is a fellow who's been pinched on his butt multiple times.
Speaker 1: What so I just take my glass once it's empty with the ice cubes in it and shake it. Chick chick check, Hello, honey.
Speaker 3: Right, hey, help over he hey, sweetheie, or just you know, you know, just I whistle? Well, what so.
Speaker 1: Difference between a poke and a tap? I mean.
Speaker 3: No, don't touch them. Yes, many a parent has said to many a toddler, use your words. So let me read this to you. Flight attendants know you need them for a drinker, snack, to toss your trash, to answer a question, but they really really want you to communicate your needs without using physical contact. It's a situation that unfolds so unfrequently on planes that some cabin crews wear patches lanyards are decorated aprons with no touching as a plea on them, like they're.
Speaker 1: A comfort dog in training.
Speaker 3: Yeah. See, it's funny you well, you got to get there touch. I would never touch a flight I don't know that I have, but I might have.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've never really thought about it, yank on their sleeve like a little kid.
Speaker 1: I don't drink, so I don't ever. No, I don't. I rarely like need anything beyond what they when they come by and offer you something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, says one head of rough flight.
Speaker 1: If you can run your hand up, like up and down.
Speaker 3: Their leg, that's okay. Yep. One head of a flight attendancy union says, you probably wouldn't go into a restaurant and poke your waitress. You wouldn't go into a coffee shop and grab the shirt if you're restuff and they go into the psychology. Why people think that's probably okay they're in close cors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because no, you wouldn't ever probably touch the waitress.
Speaker 3: Here's a caption of like an Instagram or a TikTok Oh, why did you do that? I hate you? All right, dang it. The flight attendant passed my seat with a drinks card and I thought she skipped our row. So I touched her arm gently and said, sorry, when you get a chance, can I trouble you? But she cut me off and said back to me loudly, do not touch the flight attendants. Everybody turned to look. I know she's right, and I shouldn't have tapped her, But now my entire week is ruined and I'm spiraling and I may never recover because interasctions like these haunt me for years.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, I'm in a shame spiral.
Speaker 3: I woke up in a shame spiral. It'll be fine, that's funny. So don't poke the flight attendants.
Speaker 1: Well as they eliminate for the born more of that sort of stuff on a plane, that will be less. Need to ever poke them, because they're not going to give you anything.
Speaker 3: Right, right, Just just sit perfectly still, staring forward. You didn't pay extra for looking around, all right?
Speaker 1: That's right. They'll have a little thing that holds your headsports. You can't turn it if you want to look out the window. That's an extra eighteen dollars.
Speaker 3: Use me, I can't get the shade up. Yeah, there's a charge for that. It's an eighteen dollars charge to look out the window.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got the shade up, but I can't turn my head. Well that's a head turning fee and that's twenty four dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh you want to look around? Do you right?
Speaker 1: Your head's locked into this viic thing.
Speaker 3: Man, Judy and I are. We're doing our big anniversary cruise and it's a quote unquote international flight and it's like a crack it dawn flight. We got to get there in the middle of the night in theory to check our luggage and our passports and stuff, and then sit there in the airport.
Speaker 1: For three hours fun.
Speaker 3: It's ridunculous. I need to fly private. What does that cost? No? Never mind? You know Jack Cornshungan.
Speaker 5: Do get final.
Speaker 3: Oh it's haunting.
Speaker 1: Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up the day and the show. And the weak theory is Michael Angelo and the controller impressing the buttons. Michael, which final thought? Yeah, to get the flight attendant attention.
Speaker 6: I have a small flashlight that's a strobe and I hold it up and you know during red eyes that you can really get their attention.
Speaker 3: You know. That's the other thing that the Antifa goons were doing to the cops. They're flashing strobes in their eyes. I'd beat them down for that. That's why I'm not a cop jack. Final thought.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to prepare myself mentally. Maybe I should talk to your son the actor, how you get in character, because we're going to record a One More Thing podcast that is going to be the most curse filled podcast we've ever done. If I can get in care, it's gonna have more bad language than any podcast we've ever done.
Speaker 3: By far, folks, I have no idea what he's talking about it. I too am shocked. My final thoughts beaking of my son. His sister is my daughter, and we're seeing her this weekend, partly because she needs I shouldn't say I shouldn't say this. She needs to learn how to play Majong very quickly for professional reasons.
Speaker 1: What's Majong?
Speaker 3: It's a game. It's a hard game. It's a tile game of Chinese origin, extremely popular. It's like the hottest thing in America, right really, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I've ever been heard the word arms striking is a master wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 3: So many people, thanks so little time ago to Armstrong Getty dot com for the hopplings.
Speaker 1: Drop us an ode.
Speaker 3: If there's something you see over the weekend we ought to be talking about. Mailbag at Armstrong and Getty dot com. Pick up some A and G swag.
Speaker 1: What's out?
Speaker 3: The T shirts are so cool?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a good weekend at playing Majong. We'll see you on Monday. God bless America. I'm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Armstrong and Getty Show. Although we're done for.
Speaker 9: The day, you won't have to pay.
Speaker 3: For the podcast.
Speaker 8: It's free.
Speaker 1: Subscribe right now.
Speaker 3: Don't miss a thing. It's called Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty