Speaker 1: Don't answer the phone, Elvis Duran, the Elvis Duran phone tap.
Speaker 2: All right, we have a lot to discuss here before we get this phone tap rolling, A lot of things to explain. Let me read the letter to you first, Dear Elvis, My mom had big trouble with a couple who used to rent out her basement apartment. They destroyed the place, then suddenly moved out without telling anyone. They'd been behind on their rent for months and recently had the nerve to be in touch.
Speaker 3: With me looking to move back in.
Speaker 2: Well, my mom has been waiting to give them a piece of her mind. Wait till you hear this mom. By the way, this comes to us from Michael. All right, a couple of things you need to know. Michael's going to start the call with his mom and tells her that Harold, one of the renters, has contacted him yet again. Then she proceeds to take matters into her own hands. Harold is played by our own scary Joan. Let's listen into today's phone tap.
Speaker 1: Uh, why'd you give that guy my number to guy? Harold? What guy?
Speaker 3: The guys that were downstairs?
Speaker 1: He's a freaking liar. You had to give it to him. I don't understand how he got mine. You don't you understand it? Well, now he wants money back from me, money back, yeah, whatever he was talking to you about the other day.
Speaker 3: But I don't want to deal with these guys.
Speaker 1: You deal with them now, all right? Let me call him, well, you deal with him.
Speaker 2: Give him whatever he's got to You gotta give them.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, good, okay? Hello, didn't you just call my son for what.
Speaker 3: I figured maybe he could get.
Speaker 1: You want money back from him?
Speaker 3: Money back for what we left a deposit there, and there's.
Speaker 1: Left nothing because what you got some frigging there. Let me tell you a deposit, the mess you's left, the garbage you left, the oldest furniture that was no good, bikes outside clogging my pipes and then hammering them and breaking the pipes. You messed up inside like ridiculous. You want money, which you never even gave a deposit.
Speaker 4: You said you'd reimburse us the cost of the replacement carpet after we had the flood.
Speaker 3: And you never did.
Speaker 1: Didn't even have carpets. I had new carpeting when you moved in, and then you threw that out before we ever got a flood. You know you think you're smart, but you're not very smart.
Speaker 3: Well, we can let by guns be by guns.
Speaker 4: The only thing we're asking is if you'd let us rent the apartment from you once again.
Speaker 1: Oh really, you got some friggin nuts. You know, I think you're a nut. I'm not giving you nothing, and I wouldn't give it to you if you stood on your head.
Speaker 3: Do we have a deal or no deal?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: What do you what?
Speaker 1: Do you out of your friggin mind? This is my house, not your house.
Speaker 4: We paid our rent on time when we were very good and loyal tenants to you.
Speaker 1: Real you'll crop you are how many guys here and using my gas, myle sdrip, my cable, my heat, my hot water, and you got the friggin nerve to say you were oiling Get the hell out of here.
Speaker 4: Your equipment was weak, the heater broke and there was a st is weak and hot water is cheap man, It's no, it's.
Speaker 1: Cheap because you didn't have to pay for sure was cheap.
Speaker 4: Well, I just you know, I thought maybe we could reconcile our differences. I know you weren't very happy with us. What I have my brother Conelo, who he needs a home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, when it's available, I'll call you, call me. I'll call you.
Speaker 3: Let's make it available, now, can we do that?
Speaker 1: What are we gonna do? Kill the guy?
Speaker 3: Tell him he has to leave you, victim?
Speaker 1: Why would I want to do a day like that for a jerk like you.
Speaker 3: I'm not a jerk.
Speaker 1: You're not very smart. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: We want to put some partitions, some walls up, and we could separate the apartment.
Speaker 1: And yeah, okay, we.
Speaker 3: Rented out to seven or eight different tenants.
Speaker 1: How does it sound put it? Oh? Yeah, okay, seven or eight? Michael, where the hell are you?
Speaker 3: We'll make your viewers, will make you a lot of money. Missus Loborida.
Speaker 1: This is not your house. It's my house. This is what we want to make money on my house. Get ahead of here, Go get your mother's house. Leave me alone. You don't want you here. I don't like your voice. It's giving me a headache. I don't want to hear it. No more. I don't like your voice. And even if I had this apartment available, just be your voice, I wouldn't. I don't want to hear you know I'll leave me alone.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what. How about we all call it a day and phone.
Speaker 1: Tap you You freaking.
Speaker 3: Hey, missus Loborida.
Speaker 4: My name is Scary Jones from Elvis Duran in the Morning Show.
Speaker 3: You're on the radio.
Speaker 4: Your son wanted to play a joke on you.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm gonna get even with him.
Speaker 4: Elvis Duran phone tap. This phone tab was pre recorded with permission granted by all participants.
Speaker 2: The Elvis Duran phone tab only on Elvis Duran in the Morning Show