Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Honda. When you test dr off the All the Electric Prologue SUV, there's a lot that can impress you about it. There's the generous passenger space, the clean, thoughtful design, and the intuitive technology. But out of everything, what you really love most is that it's a Honda. Visit Honda dot com slash ev to see authors.
Speaker 2: Hello, everybody, Welcome back in to the third segment of the cycle. This week, I am once again Mike mahyor still Mike Maher and I am joined once again by Kelly Kirby and Kelly, how are you doing and are you ready to close out this week's series of the cycle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I'm doing better and better than More Awake. I'm way better than worm but uh yeah, No, I'm doing well and I'm excited to close it out because I love talking pitching, so this should be great.
Speaker 2: I do too in a bunch of leagues where I stream pitching by a choice or necessity, or I just do it to torture myself. But I like kind of targeting matchups that I like. Sometimes I'll do like a week or two in advance, see if I can kind of sneak pitchers in that way, Like we talked in a previous video, I kind of snuck Tony Gonsolin in before people were thinking about him. That went very well twayas Myers not going so well for me. But yeah, let's get right into it. We often use when we when we talk pitching streamers, we kind of go day by day because some people like to We've heard, you know, some requests. Some people like to have pitching streamers for every day because they're in daily, daily leagues and they can just kind of like rotate through or pick which ones they want, whether they have like daily transactions or just daily lineups. They like to have daily options, and so we break it down. We start with Monday, go all the way through through Sunday, and we use the Fantasy Pro's Pitching Streamer tool, which is a really cool tool that we have on the site where you can just put it, you know, open it up, you sink your leagues, and it shows you who's available in your league and their matchup and whether or not it's a good or bad matchup, and you know some recent will but numbers and so yeah, it's very useful for someone like me. Streams pretty consistently, and so let's get right into it. Kelly, you are the person who put the names in the sheet, so I will toss it over to you and we can start going through starting with Monday. Who who do you like to stream this week?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought it was really interesting. The top VBR pitcher on Monday is Matthew Boyd for the Cubs up against San Francisco. But it's at home, so I wanted to pick that one. But being at home makes me a little bit nervous about that game if the wind is blowing out, which it seems to have been a lot this year. So I actually jumped down, and you know, this will be the only white sock that I probably ever recommend. But I'm curious about streaming Shane Smith against Kansas City. I think that he matches up okay with them, and you know, he's got twenty six strikeouts and thirty two innings easy areas two point two three, whip is one o eight. So I've just I thought that he would be a good option just to see if Kansas City is continuing to struggle to get on base that he could provide some value.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like Shane Smith a lot. I edited him in a few Dynasty leagues, either earlier the season or right before the season started. I watched him pitch earlier in the year and I was just really impressed. I think the wheels kind of came off late in that game, but he may have just been in there a little bit too long. But I remember watching it and I was like, this guy's pretty good. You know, I kind of like them. What I'm see here, he's got some juice and yeah, I'm seeing here in the phantash prost Pitcher streaming tool that the Kansas City Royals are highlighted in green, and green means good. As we know, it does look like he's wind up going against called Reagan's. But if Reagan's is going to make that start though, we're not sure, so yeah, would probably wouldn't want to line up against him. But also we don't know if I think Reagan's throwing a bullpen today, possibly right now while we're talking called Reagan's throwing a bullpen session to see that sort growing fields, which I feel like he probably should have just gone on the IL. But you know, I'm not a magor league manager. I don't always Usually it's the opposite. I'm targeting, targeting the white Socks offense, and I'm pitching streaming pitchers. But you know, i'd like a Shane Smith. I can get down with that. Some other name is potentially available in your leagues for Monday. Are Matthew Boyd. Maybe he's doing all right, not too bad. He's he's available in some leagues, maybe not some others. It took like twenty six percent consensus roster. It's probably dragged down by ESPN a little bit. I don't want to do a landing route against the Cubs. Tobias Myers one more time, Tobias Myers against the Astros struggling off Astros offense. I will be streaming Tobias Myers. I don't even know if you can consider it streaming if I stream the guy every week because he's just on my teams right now.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: I also like an HJA Smith Shaver, who's been picturing really well. He's got the Reds, but not in Cincinnati, so that's good at Cincinnati, bad against Cincinnati somewhere else good. But that's enough about Monday. Let's go over to Tuesday. Who do you got for Tuesday?
Speaker 3: On Tuesday? In our last segment, we called Stephen Matt's a pitcher who exists, and on Tuesday he is facing Pittsburgh at home. So I and he he is not rostered very many places. So I feel like that that's a decent streamer, just again Pittsburgh versus lefties. He could function as a major league pitcher, maybe get you a win. So that's who I'm going with.
Speaker 2: I was surprised to see he already has twenty four innings pitched. I feel like he just came back. But I guess he had been in the bullpen and now he's just now starting because I thought he was like hurt and I came back, but I was like, how does this guy have twenty four innings pitch? But he was in the bullpen and now he's starting. He's made two starts. But yeah, so far, so good. If you want to talk yourself out of it, you know, we talked to the previous segment about looking at like fip X PIP Sierra. The pick the one you want right now is ERA is one point five and if you're pro Stephen Mattz, his FIP is one point eight nine. If you're anti Steven Matts, his X fips three point four nine. So it depends on you know which narrative you're trying to spin, but I do like it. I'd like the matchup. You know, the Pirates are a bottom five offense according to our pictures streaming tool, so again, not the not the worst options. How about Wednesday?
Speaker 3: On Wednesday, I have Michael Waka if he's available. I think his roster percentage is slightly higher, so he might not be, but in some leagues he might be sitting out there and he gets the White Sox at home. So I will take that all day long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the classic strategy of going against the White Sox offense when you can, as opposed to targeting their pictures. Yeah. I'm not the biggest Michael Waka fan. I don't know that there are a ton of really big Michael Waker fans out there. But you know, again, he's a guy he's been like. He's like a high floor, low ceiling kind of guy who he probably won't get you killed, but he's not gonna He doesn't strike out a ton of batters. So though twenty six and thirty two innings, it's that's fine. You know, it's not bad it might might may be able to get more out of the the White Sox. I do want to mention I forgot to mention when I was talking before about Stephen Matt again, that ideal does look like he's lined up to go against Paul Skins, and that doesn't that doesn't always matter with the Pirates because a lot of times they just do don't give him any run support. So maybe that's actually a good thing. Maybe you know, you'll have to deal with like five or six shot out anings form Paul Skins, But then you know, as long as you don't give up a ton of unds, maybe you still get a win. Other names for Windsday. Let's see, I'm not seeing a lot of other intriguing options. Quinn Priester against the Astros. I've I've not enjoyed the Quinn Priester experience so far, so I'm probably not gonna dive back into that. He's someone I've streamed recently, Probably not gonna, probably not gonna go with that one. Probably I'd rather go with a Michael Waka Tanner Hawk against the Rangers. I'm not ready to get hurt by Tanner Halck yet Again, He's looked. He looked better in his most recent start, but I'm not ready to get hurt again. We talk about low Lawyer, there's a low floor there. We saw it well. Yeah, I like the option of Waka against the White Sox. You rarely go wrong targeting the White Sox because the bad start against White Sox is not like a bad start against the Doctors. They are different, different realms. Thursday we have blank. It seems like we don't like Thursday.
Speaker 3: We don't like Thursday. First, there's just a lot of there's a lot of players who are just highly rostered going. So that's where it gets a little bit trickier. And you know, the only one that I was kind of interested in was Joisey Soriano against Toronto at home. But that's not not enough that I would want to pick him up and stream.
Speaker 2: Him Thursday small slate day. So that's that's kind of where we're run into trouble there. I do want to double check one thing though, Sugano going up against the Twins, but it looks like that may have changed. I think it changed, so it looks like we had Sugano on Saturday, but they have changed their rotation. So it looks like Sugano is going to are He's no longer starting Saturday against the Angels. He's now starting Thursday against the Twins. So not to spoil our Saturday pick, but it was tell me, Yuki Sigano, do you still like him as a Thursday streamer against the Twins or are you out now that it's not the Angels?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I mean I yeah, because I saw him on here and I thought that seemed interesting that I hadn't looked at him. But in Minnesota right now, with this like it's been pretty cold, it's been pretty like crappy weather overall, so I don't hate it. They've been struggling a little bit too, so so the I I could stream him for that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, Thursday, smallest light day, not a whole lot out there. There's a few bigger names pitching, so that also decreases the available streamers. Other names Brian Bayo. He pitched pretty well in his first start, but still kind of like, kind of tough to trust, even though it is against the Rangers. But of Courseiger will be back by then, so it will be a rain offense with Corey Seeger and without Jake Berger. You don't get that free out anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Other than that, like Jack Lider, I'm not I'm not getting down with Jack Lider against the Red Sox in Boston. Not that the Red Sox offense has been great, but anything can happen in Fenway Park. So I'm not trying to take that risk with the Jack Lder stream. And everyone else is either going to be not available or I'm not interested. So let's jump over to Friday. Where do you got for Friday?
Speaker 3: On Friday, I have Jose Kintana. I laugh because I laugh because Kantana and Matt's are like the same picture in my brain, just that lefty that you're like, oh yeah, so apparently he is still here. He's I don't love the matchup against He's in Tampa against Tampa, but he's also just he's in kind of one of those modes he gets in where he's just firing and and and getting people out, and so I feel like that's a winnable game for the Brewers and and I don't mind. Yeah, I would be fine streaming him, I guess, you know, since I know it's hard when Patrick Corman is also on the list, but I would stick with Kintana on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like at some point the wheels are going to come off for Jose Cantana. You just have to hope you're not. You know, it's like hot potato. You're not the one holding You're not the one holding the Jose Antana when he when he goes off. He's an interesting one. I like I've mentioned, I feel if it was last week three before, Like I'm streaming him everywhere. He was like a two star pitcher. I need a pitching I need a volume. I'm just streaming him and so far it's going great. But I know this is not a long term fix. And he's a fun one. If you wanted to talk about ERA and expected numbers ERA one point one four, Sierra four point sixty five x CIRA four point four two, x FIT four point three one, and then FIP three point three six a little bit lower. The big thing for him is keeping the ball in the ballpark. His home run to fly ball rate is just four percent, which also but he's like a he keeps the ball on the ground like almost he's all. He's like a forty five percent plus groundball rate guy, which is good. And if you're going to pitch in that ten time a ballpark in Tampa, you're gonna need to keep the ball on the ground. So yeah, I don't love the matchup being in Tampa, but the Rays offense is not the most terrifying right now, not a ton of power to really scare you, all right. So Jose Katana someone that I have been streaming for a while. I haven't been a bunch of leagues kind of out of necessity, and so far, so good, and we like him for this week. We like him for the matchup that he gets the Tampa offense, which is not scary, but he's in Tampa, which is scary. But he keeps the ball on the ground, which is good. Home runs bad, ball on the ground good. So Jose Katana probably can get a ton of strikeouts, but hopefully this is not the week that he turns back into a pumpkin. So we originally had Tomoyuki Sagano on Saturday, but we had to remove him because he got moved to Thursday. So I'm going to put you on the spot here. Let's do it in real time. Is there anyone else that we like for Saturday? And in previous weeks we've actually avoided Friday for two weeks in a row because we're a good point a few weeks ago of you know, we like to stream, we can stream it. You know, we're going to look at streaming options for every day. But sometimes the best option is just to stream nobody. Sometimes streaming no one is better than streaming a bad picture. But that being said, on short notice, is there anyone on Saturday that sticks out now that we had to move to Ghana?
Speaker 3: How afraid of Edward Cabrera are we? Because he pitches against the White Sox.
Speaker 2: White Sox. That's always uh, that's always you know, a decent approach. If you just stream against the White Sox. There are worse strategies.
Speaker 3: Assuming Rangers war is back. It says he's listed to go up against Cleveland, But I don't know if we want to play that card yet, So yeah, on the spot, I mean, unless you need it, I don't carera against the White Sox is the only one that I would consider, and even then I think I would probably pass on it.
Speaker 2: I would mention this so well Monday, you mentioned Shane Smith. If you're in a weekly league and you have to lock Shane Smith in two star pitcher and a second starting against the Marlins. I don't hate that. I don't hate that at all. I always like streaming two start star pictures because then you're streaming for volume, so I don't hate that. And then also, uh, I think this is gonna change. I think we had Ben Casparius as a two star picture, but I think that has changed. Yeah, it's unlikely to be a two star picture now. But like we said before, originally it was against it was at Miami, and then against the Diamondbacks. I'm okay missing that Diamondbacks start, so no problems there. And then what about for Sunday.
Speaker 3: I went with Lucas Giolito again, going back against Kansas City on the road. We talked in a previous segment that I'm not a I'm not a big Delaitle fan, but I do think that that matchup is al right, so I would do that. I kind of like land and Rope Rope against the Twins, but either one those are those will be my two streamers that I see on the page.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Lucas Giolido, like like we talked about in our first segment of the week, our first video of the week, he looked good in that first you know, especially for the first start back if you're missing him basically two years. He was locating well until the very end. It was like, you know, he was one strike away from six shot out innings and like having a phenomenal first start, and then like ended up walking. I think George Springer he had Donn varshow O two and then he just like he tried to bury a change up and he just left it right over the middle of the play to run home run. And then Alejandro Kirk also hit home run, and he ended up you know, he still escaped with the quality start, but he was like one strike away from a really good start, and I think there was even a point there where he got squeezed on a potential strike three that like really could have gone the other way. Yeah, I don't, I don't. I'm not like super in on Giolito, but I do think he was intriguing enough in that first start that you can't target him here against the Royals, Kyle Gibson at the Angels without Mike Drout, no Mike Trout, but it is Kyle Gibson. You have any interests of Cayle Gibson, I.
Speaker 3: Have no interest in Kyle Gibson.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, Tyler Anderson on the other side, Tyler Anderson against the Orioles.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm probably more on his side, but even again, I don't really want anything to do with either one of them. If I can.
Speaker 2: Completely cromulent Tyler Anderson worm Worm likes when I make Simpsons references because he's actually never seen The Simpsons. So I like to squeeze the Simpsons reference in whenever I can. My default is just to call someone cromulant, because that's at least the reference that he knows. Now, I'm trying to find a good time to squeeze in the like the Mark McGuire reference. I don't know if you've watched The Simpsons, but have.
Speaker 3: You ever seen Mark mcgu I know, I don't think there's.
Speaker 2: A whole Baseball episode from like way back when where they're saying, they say, like Mark, major League Baseball is like spying on people, And eventually at the end they send like Mark McGuire in like on a helicopter and they're like they're asking Mark McGuire why major League Baseball is spying on them, and he's like, do you want I know the harrifying truth or do you want to see me hit a few dingers and they're like dingers and so he just like takes the evidence on the berries in his hat and he starts like hitting home runs. You know, great reference. Okay, so those are our pitching streamers for the week. And we got our Simpsons reference out of the way as well. So two really good segments to knock out there. And now we have our two star pitcher competition that Worm and I do head to head every week. I didn't update the previous week. I'm going we'll wait until Worm is back to tally it. He likes to look at the league settings, and last year we do it by like the points from like a league that Worm is in for, like the points category, like to track all the points for that I am now in that league, so I can see the points. I think there are some wacky settings, but overall, you know, it's fine. There's some like outfield assists points that I don't care for, but that doesn't really a point, you know, impact the pitching thing. But you know, I won't complain about it. But for this week, you'll be filling in and we'll wait till Worm's back to tally the results. But who are you going with for your two Stars picture of the week? And I will say it was almost someone that Worm had as a backup a couple of weeks ago, because I looked at Country Brown that might not make two starts, but he didn't, so Brce Miller, who I almost said the name. I did say the name. So tell me why you are targeting pitching on one of those ballparks that is very pro offense right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just looked over. I kind of went with two things. One, I was trying to figure out who wouldn't mind me taking off the board for him? But then too, yeah, he's he's at He's at the Athletics, which is a not a great ballpark to go in, but I liked it paired with facing Toronto at home, which was super green on our two Star Pitchers tool, So that was that was the option. I looked at yours and and almost picked it, but I just went the other way. So that's really all I've got on it. I just didn't know who. I didn't know who Worm would mind me stealing, and considering that I don't want him blaming me for anything.
Speaker 2: Well, if you if you if you don't want Worm to mind, we can change your pick.
Speaker 3: To I mean, Sandial Contra is facing the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Accordion to Carmen Maladazinski, he wouldn't mind if you took him. He's a stitcher for the Pirates, going at the Cardinals and versus the Braves. You know, I don't think Worm will mind him not being on the board.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'll take Shane Smith. Are you Kansas City and Miami? I'm changing. I'm gonna go Shane Smith. So I'm going to rewrite. Okay, cool, all right?
Speaker 2: You want to spoil mine since I said your back soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say I looked at Zach Wheeler, but I thought that he might be angry if I took him off, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am going Zach Wheeler again. He's at Tampa Bay, so not an ideal ballpark to target for a streaming pitcher. And then at Cleveland, better team, worse offensive ballpark, but still one of the best pictures in baseball. And uh in pre these weeks, it's been kind of like really light on two star pictures. This week is really good for two star pictures at least in terms of like top names like Orton Burns, that Allen Chrissale, Exhane Smith, your boy, Cole Reagan's as protected. Sandiale Contra gets the Dodgers again. Oh man, poor guy, he's going right back there, the Dodgers, Oh boy, Michael King, Bryce Miller, Yeah, just some decent names. In previous weeks, we were really scraping the barrel. Yeah. The current standings are tied one to one, and just you know, your pick will count for Worm's record, just like it will you know when he disappears in two weeks to go do football. But yeah, and uh, I don't know if you were you here. I don't think you were here when I tallied last year's two start picture competition. You know, we tied. Worm refuses to believe that we tied, even though he didn't you know, check any of the results himself. But I double and triple checked it and I tied, And he he accused me of just like giving myself a win the final week, and I was like, no, I actually lost the final week. It turns out I was like up, you know, I match up, and then we tied. So yeah, this this this year, whoever wins, we'll have to determine what a fair punishment is. We should just punish Worm regardless for leaving us early. Whereas you know, you and I close out the season and are here every every week for sure, and now we're not closing out the season. But let's close out the episode with weekend excitement. Worm always likes to finish on a warm and fuzzy note to think for what we like to what we're looking forward to this weekend. So I'll let you go first as our guests for the week. What's your weekend excitement? What are you looking forward to this weekend?
Speaker 3: My Cubs are playing the Brewers. I call it Wrigley North mostly so if fits ever watches this, he can get just a little irritated. But my big one is the NHL Playoffs are continuing. My oilers made it onto Round two, which is going to start this weekend, and this is where I plug that. Tyler and I have a live stream on Twitch on Tuesdays and Fridays at three pm Eastern where we cover what bets we're doing, and so far we're hitting at a pretty solid rate. So if you want to tune into that, that's my other focus, So what do you got going on this weekend?
Speaker 2: Nice? Also, that live stream is a Twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros I believe is the ORL and we're doing a ton of stuff on Twitch now. We just started this year. We're having a lot of fun with it and it's going very well and I think it's probably here to stay. So as opposed to like YouTube and other places where we kind of have different channels for everything, we're just putting everything on like one Twitch channel for right now and just you know, seeing how it goes. We've had a really positive response to it. People really enjoy it, and we're having a lot of fun with it. And so yeah, give us a follow on Twitch, Twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros and join us over there because we're going to do but you're doing a lot a bunch of like stuff that's live on Twitch and then we upload it as on to YouTube as a video maybe audio in the podcast feed. But if you want to join us live for stuff, join us over there on twins. It's a lot of fun. For me. We can excite in Kentucky Derby. I'm not the biggest horse racing fan, but you know it takes like one minute. I'll watch it. You know, it's like six thirty on Saturday. You know, I have to do enough work for it here at betting Pros that you know, I might as well watch it and see who wins. This year, there's a horse name Journalism, so really hoping that Journalism wins. I think there's also a horse named is it publisher or publishing Journals? I assume it's the same owner. If I had to guess journalism publisher, I imagine that's the same same owner. But if not, I hope they both win. I hope one comes first once comes in second, as someone who you know has a journalism background, very fun for me. And then there are some pretty good baseball series this weekend. We have Diamondbacks Phillies. I'm a Red Sox fan, but I have a you know, I always watching the Phillies as well, someone who loves all things Philly, the return of the Best Picture, and Baseball Rangers for us. I obviously have to watch that Dodgers Braves again. I forget if I mentioned in a previous video or not, but it feels like the Braves got off to such a poor start, and it feels like every time I turn around facing the Dodgers again, and I'm like, are they just play the Dodgers every weekend? These poor guys are trying to like turn things around. Ex Striders down, the Cooney Is down, and they're just like, oh, here's here's Italian the Dodgers again like just kicking us all over down. And then Dylan ce'es versus the Pirates. And I would really like Dylan Sees to be good deal in Dylan Sea's and not bad dealing Dylan Sea's because I have him in a few leagues as well, and I want that like mid threes ra and two inno strikeouts. I don't want a six era and tour on of strikeouts. And it's a pretty good matchup for him, and I would like him to be good Dylan CEA's and not bad Dylan Seas. And that's all I got anything else from you, any parting words of wisdom.
Speaker 3: Party words of wisdom, No, I really don't won't have any at this point. Just stay, stay, just be very careful with Dalton Varshall. That's pretty much what I have to offer. So otherwise, it's been fun sitting in all right.
Speaker 2: For Kelly Kirby. I'm Mike Marre. This has been the cycle and thank you for stopping by.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB