Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Nick shot, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now. Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: There are football players on a football field on a Thursday here, Texans Week, and we're inside the swb C podcast studio and can't wait to get out there and see padded football players. They got the pads on today, Nicky.
Speaker 4: Twelve or five starts, Okay, very good, All right.
Speaker 5: You might have to go out and peak.
Speaker 4: Uh huh see what you see out there.
Speaker 5: And there's no win today.
Speaker 4: I try because yesterday they started outside and then they got a little too windy, and so they moved it inside to take the coaches show this morning. And he said, when you got when you're having trouble with your passing game, you want to go ahead and take it.
Speaker 6: Inside, not to try to throw with or with the We got enough problems without win messy with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So so here we are.
Speaker 6: It's Texans wait fired up for Monday night.
Speaker 5: It's the Texas Showdown, that's right, Big showdown.
Speaker 6: Is there a name for it.
Speaker 5: I saw somebody call them the Texas Showdown.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 7: Got one team on a four game losing streak and the other one on a two game losing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Texans have lost three of their last four games. They're not exactly on a roll.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they're still in first place.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 4: They're six and four. There's a difference. They got their quarterback, that's right. Yeah, it was a good.
Speaker 2: Game the other night. They detroyed game.
Speaker 4: They were up twenty three to seven, and then the Lions came roaring back. Five picks for.
Speaker 2: The Texas, five picks off.
Speaker 4: It was the most efficient quarterback in the history of the game. And then he throws five.
Speaker 2: There is no consistency in this league. This is the guy that was except.
Speaker 5: Eighteen or something.
Speaker 4: That was the Tony Romo Buffalo game over again. It basically was, which was one on a last second field goal by Nick Folk, and this was won by on two last second field goals by the Lions, one of fifty two yards and one of fifty eight yards.
Speaker 2: You remember Nick lost his bearings as a kicker, do you recall that?
Speaker 5: And he got him back.
Speaker 2: He got it back. But that was so weird how he couldn't make a field goal, not even in warm ups.
Speaker 6: I could check not blocking.
Speaker 2: Second first, but it was his was he was slicing everything. Oh my bad about that.
Speaker 7: Romo was just stubborn in that game against Buffalo. It was like they were dropping the linebackers in the coverage and it's like I can throw over the linebackers.
Speaker 5: He kept getting picked off and it's like, okay, enough.
Speaker 2: Is it not to be stubborn?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not in that way?
Speaker 5: And then they got it going there there.
Speaker 6: Was five picks, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: I think it was geez.
Speaker 5: And I think maybe in the first half, I.
Speaker 6: Think it was yep.
Speaker 2: I can't do that here. I can't do that. I might be on camera. You are, I see you right now, Clarence Hill, because I could have hitten it with my with my.
Speaker 4: ID to give Clarence Hiel the hook of horns sign, and I was gonna.
Speaker 2: Give him a sign to.
Speaker 5: Horns.
Speaker 2: There wasn't going to be that one.
Speaker 6: So anyway, but c J.
Speaker 4: Stroud, he's been sacked thirty four times this season. You see that I did not thirty four sacks and ten games three point four games.
Speaker 2: A lot that is that you're on the way the entry when you get hit.
Speaker 4: That minute, and and yet and there's other times where the in fact McCarthy was talking about on his coaching show and throwing out in a phone booth and you know, he's got that pocket collapsing around him. And Isaiah Standback actually illustrated one of them a pass that he made to the back corner of the end zone to Tank Dell and he's got that pocket collapse where there's no room to move in there, but he had and he's probably about the fifteen or twenty yard and I wasn't that long of a throw, but across the field it's good, maybe thirty yards.
Speaker 6: It was tough, yeah, just to have enough arm measuring chrissy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to be able to get it right where it needed to be, which was well it was unfortunately it was Dwight clocklike but it was in the corner.
Speaker 6: Sorry, man, It just gave him.
Speaker 2: You know, I think I think he had. It's something deep down and field that he hates me, man. I think he still holds that against me decade. It was the best example.
Speaker 6: Everyone's got a view.
Speaker 2: Remember what was the guy in the Pittsburgh super Bowl. He went up and caught that perfect pass.
Speaker 6: Because we don't remember his name.
Speaker 2: Or something, are they giants?
Speaker 7: Guy?
Speaker 5: That pended against him?
Speaker 6: He got Okay.
Speaker 4: So from now on, when when I think of Dwyke Clark, I'll think of Santonio Holmes and no one.
Speaker 2: Will know what you're talking about.
Speaker 6: That's a good one, but it gave you a visual of it. There it is.
Speaker 2: And by the way, is doing a great job. Is that the NFL network?
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought you were talking about on Cowboys Game.
Speaker 2: Day on Sunday morning about by Bill Jones. No, I'm not talking about that.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: They know was giving him grief because he was wearing seattle stuff too much.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that, but I see him, I see him. I didn't know he had had the gig this season. Yeah, it started because.
Speaker 5: You can't see the screen your backs to it.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's it. And I well, you know, one morning I decided to just turn it on there and there was a great job. He's really good at. So that's from hanging out with you, right, did you.
Speaker 5: Having played quarterback?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that that that doesn't mean that you're gonna you know, try to come out well on the scene.
Speaker 5: You see the field, yes, and he sees.
Speaker 6: There, but you have to be able to communicate.
Speaker 2: And he does a great job at that. That's good. That's good.
Speaker 5: That's Bill's influenced that.
Speaker 2: It must be. It must be.
Speaker 4: You're going to get a gig on the NFL network.
Speaker 2: I need to hang around with you more.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 6: We're training you up here on.
Speaker 2: The wonders for your Yes, we're talking about the red clock all the time.
Speaker 6: That's why. That's why we give you those reads.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you to practice.
Speaker 4: You're practicing up but I won't be reading on if I'm on work. Okay, So that's part of the interview.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 7: That what we did for Nate. He can't get enough, right, No one is on everything.
Speaker 2: They spend but twelve hours a day up here.
Speaker 6: And he's you know, this morning I saw him.
Speaker 4: He's back in his lab looking at offensive line video.
Speaker 2: You know, the casey has to spend the night. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I saw Someboddy writing a story and they were talking about how you know, coaches sleep in the office and I'm get out of here.
Speaker 5: They don't do that anymore. It didn't happen.
Speaker 2: They did at Valley Ran back.
Speaker 5: In the day.
Speaker 6: How would you know what?
Speaker 4: Hell?
Speaker 7: I used to sleep in the office Valley Ran. Yeah, how do I know?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean I guarantee you how what kind of access do you have to the coach's uh offices here now at the start, because.
Speaker 6: We you had great access.
Speaker 4: In fact, back in the day at Vallet Ranch, we had to walk by the down the hallway where all the assistant coaches offices were in order to get to the television studio.
Speaker 5: Actually we could walk through their hallways where the head coaches, where the offices were.
Speaker 2: So did anyone complain about that a distraction now to the coach?
Speaker 7: No, you were just hoping you'd walk by and they would say hey, hi, you know, and then you go, okay, I got an opening right.
Speaker 5: Right asked my question.
Speaker 2: I would go, you walk by.
Speaker 4: I would go to the bathroom just about every fifteen minutes, just hoping that I would find an assistant coach there to ask him a question about something.
Speaker 2: But then they asked you why you go so often? You go, it's my equipment, good excuse.
Speaker 6: The right had some great conversations.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, though, you weren't old enough to have those issues right back in?
Speaker 4: Yeah, when we moved here in twenty sixteen, right, yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unfortunately moved in at night.
Speaker 7: Now I'm joking, what now, they moved in when we were at training that's right, that's right. I could remember coming here afterwards, and everybody had been most people had been here except for those of us at training camp. I was scared to walk around because I thought I'd get in a room where I couldn't get back out, like I didn't have.
Speaker 5: The right Mike my maadials, Yeah, my wouldn't.
Speaker 4: So how many how many players on this team now went to a practice at Valley.
Speaker 5: Ranch, DeMarcus Lawrence, Zach.
Speaker 4: Martin, Dak Prescott, and Zeke Elliott it was off season, he was they were drafted. They were drafted in twenty sixteen. And uh e because I remember Zeke holding court right by where Emmett used too, in that same corner of the locker room. Uh and Dak as well, and Dak wasn't didn't have Akman's locker. But and that's about it, right, I think it probably?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 5: How about right about coaching staff?
Speaker 4: Mm?
Speaker 5: Hmmm about it?
Speaker 7: Nobody right, m hm, well no, Mike Solary going way back was Greg Ellis when they first got there.
Speaker 6: Mike Zimmer Yeah.
Speaker 2: Made the return. Uh huh.
Speaker 5: He had the gap in between, and then there would have been some people.
Speaker 2: I would have lost that trivia question.
Speaker 5: In the scout.
Speaker 4: Oh there's a little there's several in the scouting department.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, what's on your mind?
Speaker 4: After our mind? There weren't a lot of tweets coming out of the Mike McCarthy press conference.
Speaker 2: It wasn't much when you got when you have nothing to look forward to, necessarily, what are you going to say?
Speaker 4: Well, one thing, I went through the entire day yesterday and it was like, is no one going to have any report at all on Dak Prescott's surgery yesterday? And then I finally noticed David Moore last night posted something. He was the only one to post something that he did have successful surgery yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I assume that at some point somebody is going to say that.
Speaker 7: It's like, you know what, surgeries these days, it's like planes landing at df W.
Speaker 5: The only one you worried about is the one that doesn't land right.
Speaker 6: And that's what I was worried about im.
Speaker 4: I haven't heard about the successful surgery yet, and so anyway.
Speaker 2: If it wasn't successful, yeah, then you were here. Yeah, but it is uh when you're talking about the franchise player of the team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one's even just assuming.
Speaker 4: But macarthy said that he talked with d last night and so he's in good spirits and ready to attack the recovery process.
Speaker 5: Now it's going to be a tough one.
Speaker 2: So was it a tough press competent? Anybody Pepper Mike with questions? They've given up.
Speaker 5: There was no shade. We were good.
Speaker 4: There no Monday night games, so they don't have to ask about the sun.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 7: Interesting, you know what, since you brought that up, you brought it up sixteen game home winning streak. I figured out that they played eight games that started during that streak or seven seven or eight that started at three twenty five.
Speaker 5: They managed to win them all.
Speaker 4: Did you check the weather conditions on those?
Speaker 7: I didn't see if it were right or the angle of the sun at that time.
Speaker 5: When they played the games. We need to sixteen game homes.
Speaker 2: Some wapies out here talk about the Solace, the Winter Solace or something I don't know. This is, this is really getting ridiculous that you have to check all those variables. See where the sun was setting at that time. So obviously, well except for Keller Moore, nobody had a problem with the sun, right because Kellen Moore seemed to.
Speaker 7: Say, oh, he it was, and he said it has been, it ongoing, he knows, he knows, and she got kind of prepare for it. But again, the sun would not have been a problem had they blocked ninety three at the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 5: Who forced Cooper.
Speaker 7: Rush to throw the ball probably sooner than he needed to because, like I said yesterday, two more steps than he was in the shade, but he had to get rid of the ball because they didn't pick up ninety three came in.
Speaker 2: Well, two more steps and he might run into more coverage as well.
Speaker 5: Guy was way behind him.
Speaker 6: Was he?
Speaker 4: But he wasn't running into So you're thinking that the play design what took the son into.
Speaker 7: We're supposed to throw it just yet, even though they were.
Speaker 6: Actually using it as a home field.
Speaker 2: Advantage, even though he was talking about analytics exactly what the son's going to be at that particular time.
Speaker 5: Two more steps in the dB would have.
Speaker 2: Been in the sun.
Speaker 4: We may not catch it, but neither are they, right, so we're not going to turn it over down here.
Speaker 5: Okay, So injury update.
Speaker 7: Bland still working with the rehab, Brandon Cooks still with the rehabs. Guiton's supposed to be good to go. Tyler Tyler Smith missed yesterday, but they feel like he'll be back in practice. Lewis Jordan Lewis missed yesterday. It's going to start with the rehab, but they think he can practice, and then Kendrick and Zach Martin should be good to get back in Lewis, I'm not sure what it was. It was a leg injury. And then one body around blower body.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's doing around. And then Juanier.
Speaker 7: Thomas should clear concussion protocol so he should be good to go again.
Speaker 2: And good.
Speaker 5: Uh, yeah, he practiced yesterday.
Speaker 7: He should go again. The day it was a burst of sacking. Oh that's what he told me, So somebody had to tell him that, Yeah, which can be somewhat painful.
Speaker 2: Do they just drain it? Is it that easy?
Speaker 5: I was told you don't, you don't touch me, don't. I don't want to do this again.
Speaker 7: But I did in my elbow when the when the roof came down and I my bird, so a sac kind of got big. I hit my elbow when I hit the ground, and I asked doctor Fowler. I said, so, do we need to drain Oh no, no, you don't want to drain it.
Speaker 5: I said, okay.
Speaker 4: It depends on the cause of the inflammation, whether there is an infection.
Speaker 5: West Coast doctor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's smiling.
Speaker 4: According to the Internet, resting the affected area and using bandages and anti inflammatory medications usually helps to make the inflammation go away.
Speaker 2: That sounds there. You go, that sounds good.
Speaker 6: That's from the National Institutes of Health.
Speaker 7: It was painful, by the way, but yeah, so yeah, he's good to go. So they just can't get Bland back in the field, and they need to get him on the field. I don't know if you go back out there with Kayln Carson or you know, they finished the fourth quarter with Makwamoo out there. I don't know that he's played that many snaps that outside cornerback.
Speaker 2: He did a good job, was it last year?
Speaker 5: But he was more in the slot last year?
Speaker 2: Well, to me, the slot's more difficult. Yeah, so if he could play the slot, but.
Speaker 5: He was playing that big linebacker type slot.
Speaker 2: Right, But but he was he was playing some some quick, little wide receivers. He was covering the wide receivers. To me, if you can, if you can do the slot, it's not it's not a problem going from the corner to slot.
Speaker 5: Well, he was a corner at South Carolina.
Speaker 2: It's it's harder to go uhh Yeah, it's hard to go from corner to slot than slot to corner because of course the difficulty of when you got that sideline is your protection when you're on the outside as a corner. Yeah, it's something you can feel that you know, and you play with it.
Speaker 4: Texans have a couple of big, big receivers, one of Nico Collins apparently going to be back this week.
Speaker 2: I've been shooting for me. Oh yeah, there's no speech give him self. Well, we were supposed to go down there. Yeah no, it was South Padre and so we we you know, we're supposed to speak to the kids because they had this All American Awards banquet. So these guys were these were McDonald's All Americans and so you know, he gets up there and we're both supposed to make a speech. He gets up there and says like thank you for coming and sits his butt down, and then they make me stay up there for like twenty minutes.
Speaker 5: But we were there for the same thing you could do.
Speaker 2: No, they didn't. No, they don't know me down there. But it's his town. I mean, that's that's South Texas. That's Nico's area. That's not my area. So when he gave the speech and I passed right by him, I looked at him like, Okay, dude, good job.
Speaker 6: Well he's having a great year and he.
Speaker 2: Ain't shy on the field at all. He acted shy up on the podium, but on the field, this guy's working. He was leading the league and Tarley went.
Speaker 4: Well well in five games forty five targets, so nine targets a game, with thirty two receptions four five hundred and sixty seven yards averaging seventeen point seven yards.
Speaker 5: Yes, so somebody's got to cover him.
Speaker 4: And he's six four, two hundred and fifteen pound four five.
Speaker 2: Yeah he can go. Well. Yeah, he's got game speed too. It's not just at forty speed. He's got games.
Speaker 7: Well, here's how you cover him. You get the Stroud. Keep the pressure going, keep pressure, keep the pressure on.
Speaker 5: How many sacks would you say he's suffered a thirty four? Thirty four?
Speaker 2: And that it's not like we're immune to sacks. We've been getting them five in.
Speaker 6: The first half the other day.
Speaker 4: All Right, we dive more into this matchup Cowboys and Texans when mixed shots continues at a moment.
Speaker 2: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 9: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help.
Speaker 6: You wincot slides for the first down.
Speaker 9: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot com perfect throw.
Speaker 3: My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 8: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 5: But with that Texas.
Speaker 8: Heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster cankholer comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 2: Demiced shuts, give up for Turkey Day, the Cowboys wait. Score all the essentials for the perfect Thanksgiving Day outfit at the Dallas Cowboys Pro Shop near you or a log Onto shop dot Dallascowboys dot com. A fanatics experience, and stay ready to cheer on the Boys at the twenty twenty fourth Salvation Army Red Kettle kickoff game.
Speaker 4: Against the New York Football Giants.
Speaker 11: Speaking of yes, Ef person is showing me an interview on YouTube that features Julian Edelman and John bon Jovi.
Speaker 2: He just said, my name, that's me.
Speaker 5: He had a bar backing down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cowboys boys cafe.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's how you got mentioned because.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, because they're going to the bar. I'm just And Edelman was like, no, I don't, I don't. I don't remember him so I know he's five, but he remembered early on in later on in the interview that Rocher Craig fumble the ball, so if he's five years.
Speaker 6: Old, so eversaid.
Speaker 4: So eversond in a group text sends us this link to this YouTube interview that Edelman Edward bon Jovi, and bon Jovi is a huge Giants fan. So they're talking about wide right and the Super Bowl that Everson wanted to ring in, And so Everson says, he sends that link and tells us that Edelman doesn't remember me.
Speaker 2: Of all people, John by Jovie does, but Edelman doesn't. And what I what I did was when I sent it to you, somehow it was designed to where if you hit the bottom of it, then you go straight to the clip.
Speaker 4: Okay. So anyway, so it's like a seventy five minute interview. So I started listening to it, and then I takest it back and said, how much of this damn interview do.
Speaker 6: I have to listen to?
Speaker 4: Can you tell can you tell me where they mentioned you? Or do I have to listen to this whole seventy five minute interview?
Speaker 2: I don't know why at the bottom, if you just clicked Everson under the bottom of what I sent you, that goes straight to the clip. I didn't know that's how it worked. But I'm not one of those.
Speaker 4: The reason Julian Edelman hasn't heard of Everson Walls because he was five.
Speaker 2: Years old, and once again he remembered Roger Craig fumbling the ball at five years old when we kicked their butts in New York.
Speaker 4: In San Francis, what's the most memorable part of wide right to you, Mickey Scott Norwood missing the forty eight yard field goal and Everson winning his ring?
Speaker 2: You want?
Speaker 5: You want to know for sure?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the kick was.
Speaker 5: I was right on deadline and I was looking out the window. The window was open in the.
Speaker 7: Press box, and I was looking out and see what the final score.
Speaker 5: Was going to be so I could send my story right and then ever.
Speaker 4: Since, my lasting memory of it is the video of Everson saying it's wide right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It went over my head. So that's when there's the video of you, yeah.
Speaker 4: Motioning white right, yeah, right over. That's what I remember.
Speaker 2: That's what I knew. So I go in, I go into a locker room. This is my moment, man, I'm finally got my moment. And they asked me, so, how you feel eversince, I started crying and they left because the LT came in the little So that was my moment. There was video, no, no, not at the podium, No, there was. I lifted my head up after crying and everybody was gone because LT had just walked in, so like, okay, well see let me go get.
Speaker 6: You the he but it was it was it a camera crew that was asking.
Speaker 2: Or just no, it was that was the moment. It was all the media was there. Okay, right, they were there, and then LT walked down T walks in just as I'm fit. Then all of a sudden, oh yeah thanks, yeah, yeah, it is typical.
Speaker 6: And Joby you remember job being in there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, he was that guy. He was that guy. He came to my to a Cowboys sports cafe because I told him to come, That's why, and he came. This was in the ninety one season. Yep. That wasn't the ninety season when bon Jovi was talking about going to the cafe. Oh okay, that was the ninety one season and we were defending champions. So yeah, just to put that in perspective, so next time you just punch on the bottom that says ever since and it will go straight to what I just showed you.
Speaker 6: Said what I remember.
Speaker 4: The ninety season is seven and nine season and TV cruise and everybody out at the Cowboys Sports Cafe the night after the season was over after a loss to Atlanta, because players were at the Cowboys Sports Cafe game for the Monday night game to see if at seven and nine the Cowboys could get into the playoffs. Whatever was happening New Orleans or somebody had to lose in the rams okay, and it turned out it didn't happen.
Speaker 5: Last second field goal is that what it was? Yes, last second field goal?
Speaker 7: And I was there because we were had to do a story right on deadline.
Speaker 2: So if you guys would have just won the last game, they wouldn't it wouldn't have been the problem.
Speaker 7: If yeah, right, if they had beaten Atlanta and finished eight and eight, they.
Speaker 2: Were and Troy was hurt. Troy was hurt.
Speaker 6: They based that quarterback.
Speaker 5: And it was a rainy. It rained the whole game. Nobody wanted to play.
Speaker 7: What was the final score? They got beat like twenty six to six on them in the rain. I want to say maybe Dion returned something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of the Bayes passed.
Speaker 5: I think it was a special teams twenty six to seven.
Speaker 6: Close twenty six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the game was not close enough.
Speaker 5: No, no, it was, and it was in the old field Atlanta Fulton County Stadium.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: So he played on the road and it was raining.
Speaker 5: And how about this.
Speaker 2: You play on the road with babe Lofelberg is your quarterback, right, and you need this game?
Speaker 7: And I remember one last kick in the ass on that season was when it was time we were done working, time to walk through the car, it just started pouring down rain again.
Speaker 5: Didn't have an unbroab.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you so if there's any consolation, Lawrence Taylor knew you guys were going to be good. He said after after we played your guys in in Texas Stadium. And I was that season. Yeah, that season. I was talking a lot of trash when I came back and we whooped him, and I felt really good about it. And I do recall LT looking very fatigued in front of his locker, and so I guess mark two and they must have been given it to him pretty well, because he said, man, those guys are going to be good.
Speaker 6: There was the second game of the season.
Speaker 4: It was twenty eight to seven good.
Speaker 2: He said, they're going to be good after that game, after that score.
Speaker 6: Played them again.
Speaker 4: It played the Cowboys again two weeks later and it was thirty one seventeen in the Meadowlands Giants.
Speaker 2: So the events for me was there, but at the same time there was that that that lingering statement by lt they're going to be good. Okay.
Speaker 6: So it's interesting as we.
Speaker 4: Fast forward to today that nineteen ninety season. What's the date today, November fourteenth. On November fourteenth of nineteen ninety, thirty four years ago, you know what, the Cowboys record was three and six, three and one, two, three four, five six, three and seven, Yeah, and then rattled off four straight wins to get to seven and seven and have a chance, and then lost at Philadelphia. Tro I got heard in the Philadelphia game two days before Christmas, and so now you're seven and eight and you're going to Atlanta with a backup quarterback.
Speaker 7: And they finished the Philadelphia game with a backup quarterback.
Speaker 4: So that was a year there were three and seven and four straight wins to get the five hundred.
Speaker 5: And eight and eight would have got you in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: This year, you're you're sitting here right now three and six, right, you got three games in eleven days, all right? By Thanksgiving night, Mickey, you can be six and six.
Speaker 2: With a back up.
Speaker 5: Don't have Choyigman with a backup quarterback.
Speaker 2: Don't have Choygman. What happened the.
Speaker 4: Last time at this backup quarterback replaced Dak Prescott the last time before this year he won four straight games.
Speaker 6: He won four straight.
Speaker 5: Games everybody but Philadelphia, and.
Speaker 6: So he's just going to reverse it this time. Lose to Philadelphia first, then win.
Speaker 7: Four to row actually when they when they were, and then you'll be above five hundred at three.
Speaker 5: And seven if I remember this correctly.
Speaker 7: The last game they lost, which made it seven, I think Emmett touched the ball about five or seven times, right, and after the game somebody asked Emmitt about it. And it's really hard to gain one hundred yards when you only get five carries?
Speaker 2: Why did they do that? To think?
Speaker 6: Now, which game was that?
Speaker 2: There was?
Speaker 5: The game before? Checked the game before the winning streak.
Speaker 4: Okay, so this was the San Francisco game, a twenty four to six loss at home against San Francisco.
Speaker 5: Shula was the offensive.
Speaker 2: Oh right, I forgot about.
Speaker 4: All right, And in that game, what do Emmett had six carries for forty yards.
Speaker 2: Thank you, damn nice average man. You gotta run the guy more Manow.
Speaker 4: Had five carries for thirty three yards the Niners.
Speaker 5: So here's the story.
Speaker 7: So Jimmy had just It was the Tuesday after the game and Jimmy finished his press conference in the team meeting room and I was standing out in the hallway and he came walking out. It was me and Skip by the way, Skip Bayless, and I said something to him. I said, it wasn't real happy with six carries, right, And he goes, yeah, we're gonna have to have a talk about that. He needs to run the football. I think the next game they beat the Rams.
Speaker 4: They did twenty four to twenty one.
Speaker 5: He had more. I think he had more receptions maybe than carries.
Speaker 4: Or he had more receiving yards. Yeah, he had four catches for one hundred and seventeen yards. He had twenty one rushes for fifty four yards.
Speaker 2: Not a gun. Does that sound like that is gonna have gonna break the all time rushing record. Come on, man, do you think about how he started?
Speaker 5: Jimmy said, he I think I need to talk to Mike about that. We need to run them.
Speaker 2: Okay, Sula was holding up his greatness, man, he was holding he was always holding it hostage. That's crazy because at that point Emmitt is is not even important at all in the game plan.
Speaker 5: No, well not in that previous game.
Speaker 2: All right, Ricky Downald sorry, Donald had more more carries than.
Speaker 6: The Okay, so then uh all right.
Speaker 4: The following week, twenty three carries, one hundred and thirty two yards and two touchdowns, and the.
Speaker 2: Get it, I guess that was.
Speaker 6: That was against Washington.
Speaker 2: Listen conversations.
Speaker 4: We're two straight wins, now, Okay, there's two straight wins. Next week, you're playing New Orleans at home. Okay, that was a Thanksgiving game, the Washington game. Then you get your ten days rest, you get New Orleans at home, and Emmett went for carries eighty five yards and a touchdown. And now we're starting to get that. I remember if you emmittt got twenty carries and again Cowboys win, and.
Speaker 7: Everybody suggested, why don't you just call twenty right play next time?
Speaker 2: Get it out of the way.
Speaker 4: After a December bye week, then a well rested Emmett the following week against Phoenix. Yes, the Cardinals were called the Phoenix Cardinals. Then twenty four carries, twenty four carries, one hundred and three yards and four touchdowns and Emmett is born. Tommy Age then got eleven carries for forty eight yards and that same forty one to ten win.
Speaker 2: And that's that's that Jimmy Johnson style of Cowboys. And then right that's when it started.
Speaker 4: It's time to go to Philadelphia. And at Philadelphia, which was a seventeen to three loss, Troy Eightman threw one pass who was injured and he got hurt and it was.
Speaker 5: It was a shoulder.
Speaker 6: Fourteen carries sixty one.
Speaker 2: Yards and that they were waiting they I'm sure that was eight men in the box after that, uh huh yeah, it was uh.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean it was a ten to three game into the fourth quarter and then Eric Allen had a pick six.
Speaker 5: Oops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, those that was the beginning of imm It's parade.
Speaker 4: And then the Atlanta game him at sixteen carries thirty four yards.
Speaker 6: It was mu still loaded up.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody there was certain teams that that just could play the run. Well, just so happened Philadelphi and the Giants. We were just good at it. You know.
Speaker 7: The other thing I remember about that Super Bowl is we were filing Jimmy around everywhere he went because they were looking for a new offensive coordinator and all these names were coming up, and they had gone through like three different guys and they didn't get the job or somebody couldn't take the interview. And I think it finally got to Thursday, and myself and whoever was covering for the other two papers, we were at Jimmy's hotel waiting for him. He comes down to the elevator, right, and he sees us, and he goes, Okay, look, he goes, we are not hiring an offensive coordinator this week.
Speaker 5: Go and enjoy the Super Bowl. And we believed him and we did.
Speaker 7: And and then it was a week or so later they announced some guy named Norvil turn the.
Speaker 6: Rams.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Who's this guy, who, by the way, is now back with the Raiders senior advisor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 2: You know, back in the day, the Rams had a lot of talent. We're running through that team, and I mean, as far as management is concerned.
Speaker 7: Well, we probably should recognize John Robinson who passed a.
Speaker 4: J nine.
Speaker 2: Oh John Well, I mean, when you think about it, take Young is up for contributor and the Rams was a team that he played.
Speaker 7: And the funny thing about that hiring is the Ernie Zampezi spoke up for saying this guy's ready, right, And then when Norv left, they hired Ernie to be the offensive coordinator of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And now you know the rest of the story.
Speaker 4: So North Turner would have been thirty eight years old then when he was hired by the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And his career took off. After a couple of years with the Cowboys. He's the head coach of the Washington at that time.
Speaker 4: Ritz skis all right, now you know the rest of the story. Get back with more mix shots at a moment.
Speaker 6: Hey, y'all.
Speaker 8: Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions, and on Yeti dot Com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help.
Speaker 6: You Winrscott keeps it slides with a first.
Speaker 9: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie. Incrypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 3: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas Tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 12: Today Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday Night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Brisket and the Smoker. Miller Lyte and the Coop the America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lyte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Miller Brown comp New Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 6: The Mixed Shots.
Speaker 2: Witness the biggest boxing event in modern history at Netflix and MVP's Paul Versus Tyson and Taylor Versus Serrano head to at and T Stadium on Friday, November fifteenth as international superstar Jake Paul takes on the Baddest man on the planet, Mike Tyson, and don't miss Katie Taylor and the Man the Serranos long awaited rematch for the undisputed super Lightweight Championship Limited Tickets are available now at SeatGeek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 6: So when does that get started?
Speaker 5: Friday night?
Speaker 2: Friday night?
Speaker 7: I know it's Friday night, but tennight thing the Undercrest starts at seven.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's right. They do push them back. Yeah, the other costs.
Speaker 7: I understand they've already sold fifty thousand tickets. Mm hmm, they're expecting seventy and Mike Tyson says, I'm winning.
Speaker 5: So did you go to the press conference?
Speaker 2: I did not go.
Speaker 5: Okay, sending somebody.
Speaker 4: I actually a news covered it, really news story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, Tyson, Tyson, he's too old man. This guy gonna get hurt.
Speaker 7: It's it's somewhat surprising day sanctioned the fight. It was going to be a I was reading the story today. It was going to be an exhibition fight, and then they got it sanctioned.
Speaker 6: Well, he's fifty eight years old. I was going to know.
Speaker 2: I no, I mean, I know he's hard of it, but god.
Speaker 5: Dude, he may need a hard head.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure Jake Paul's entire plan would be just stay away from him for like three rounds and get him.
Speaker 7: Tired because they were going to do an exhibition to two minute rounds and fourteen ounce gloves, which we used to mess around in college with sixteen ounce gloves. The sixteen ounce ones hurt if you got hit in the head, even though they look like pillows.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, they still had more weight, Yeah, more masks, and.
Speaker 4: You're gonna sell you why you had sixteen gloves on. So it was this like a fight night, like a sgap fight night in college that you were part of.
Speaker 7: Actually, the first time we a friend of mine, his dad was into boxing, and he had sixteen ounce gloves. So we moved the beds around and we had a ring, and we were supposed to not hit in the head, right, No, no hit in the head, no sixteen ounce gloves.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty well, my.
Speaker 7: Dear friend, all these years later hit me in the head right, and I just reacted and hit him right in the nose.
Speaker 2: And bloods and then uh little Italian guys.
Speaker 7: And then after that I had taken a taking a self defense class and part of the self defense class was boxing, and we use.
Speaker 5: Sixteen ounce gloves. Ye, and some guy the round was over and I let up and he hit me in the head. But we were in like a three It was like a wrestling room with padded walls three sides.
Speaker 7: Not only do you hit me in the head, but my head hit the wall right and the guy ruddering it goes okay. I go yeah, just like that. He goes, okay, that's this is over.
Speaker 2: I think, So, how did.
Speaker 4: You prepare to wear those sixteen ounce gloves? What do you mean, yeah, prepared for your fight? Well, you just put him on maybe sixteen ounce curls.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, you guys he had to set that up. Okay, So lifty moving on lift is not practicing.
Speaker 2: What's one with lift? You man would lift?
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 5: On the resistance chords. Lewis is not practicing. They said, mate, well what what what did?
Speaker 2: They didn't lower body? Okay, but he'll be okay.
Speaker 5: Geyton looks like he is. Tyler Smith was supposed to be back.
Speaker 7: I said that, and uh, McCarthy said that Mingo should be available this week.
Speaker 5: I would imagine they get him out there as well.
Speaker 4: Why not like it when he brought up unsolicited. He brought up Mingo on the taping of the Coaches Show. We're talking about having the extra day this week and how that helps. And one of the things he said it was getting getting Mingo involved out there, and.
Speaker 2: Do you know what he can do necessarily, how they're going to use him? Is he going to be I said?
Speaker 7: He said, he's He said he's an inside outside guy. Really that he could do both, big guy like that. Yeah, that's what he said. And he said he shows his vertical how did.
Speaker 5: He put it, vertical speeds, vertical juice.
Speaker 7: That's what my notes say, So he can build juice like so, Mike, Mike is colorful.
Speaker 5: Yes about that one.
Speaker 4: I want to say it was a four four five kind of like Nico Kong No.
Speaker 2: That's nice. Yeah, that size, and it depends on how you use it game speed and does it come at the beginning of your at the top of your route. You know, if a guy gets on you fast, those are the ones that you really worry about more than those that build up speed and get by you down the field. But they if they're come that you're fast, their first segment of their route is quick. Those are the ones that you have issues with.
Speaker 7: And if you want a little humor to finish. When we did the walk off, which is off the record, right, but since It was pretty funny. Edward was going to ask about left tackle because remember they said, he said yesterday community it was going to be competition, you know, with Richard's having played well awesome and Tyler Giton now ready to.
Speaker 5: Ed phrased the question this way, do you.
Speaker 7: Know what you're doing? It left tackle goes yes, he goes yeah. I didn't reword that correctly, didn't.
Speaker 5: It was pretty funny.
Speaker 6: What's the answer?
Speaker 5: Something funny? Yet something else? We didn't get an answer. It was it was yes. They said yesterday there was going to be competition.
Speaker 7: So I don't know how much competition you can have in these practices, but.
Speaker 5: You know as today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so boy, God has broken. That's it, all of a sudden, that's the festival is gone.
Speaker 5: Something something got a problem, all.
Speaker 2: Kind of stuff going on. Can we get some some disinfected off in there please? Right, Yeah, but it's still the cloud. That was like a cloud. There is here, no, no, he needed both hands to cover his face. We did not want him to use the other hand. He needs a third hand for that. Oh okay, Well let's and that blows.
Speaker 6: Damn boy ended with a blast.
Speaker 4: Yeah literally, okay, and we will shout at you again tomorrow here on mix Shots No Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.