Speaker 1: Start Up Up, Start Up. Brooklyn Boys, Start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start Up Up. They making noise Dot Up, start Up Up.
Speaker 2: Episode three twelve. It's a Brooklyn Boys podcast. Yeah, huh twelve.
Speaker 3: The twelve the uniform number of Francisco Lindora shortstop for the Mets. If you're a Mets fan, do you love him this week carrying fan? You hate him this week?
Speaker 2: The entire team on his back. If you're from Philly, you hate back. You hate that man. If you're from Philly, everybody else man the prize.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the people using AI to make mister met or Grimace strangling the Philly Fanatic.
Speaker 2: Uh animation, Yeah, I love that man. Now. I happen to like the.
Speaker 3: Philly Fanatic, one of the greatest mascots in baseball, And we got to meet him at some event jingle ball maybe he was that, and he gave me his phone number. He's like, anytime you need anything, let me know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like, what if any Phillies the playoff tickets? He's like, what have you know? My God? All I could tell you is we did it for now. I mean listen to where the Mets did it. But no, I mean listen as far as I'm concerned. And I know some of you guys don't like sports and others you don't want to be a twenty seconds. Yeah, well just let us let us have our moment for a second. I want to say this. The Mets, Uh, they're playing with house money at this point. Didn't expect him to come this far. You know. It was that that June game when Grimmace threw out the first pitch. We entered our Grimace era and uh we went best record and base best record that day, best record in baseball since that day. And we were like close to the bottom, and we were we were going to be sellers at the trade deadline. Started from the bottom. Now we're here. Now we're here. So and I gotta tell you of all the remaining teams and as we entered the National League Championship Series, that's where we're at. Well, you to this podcast. I don't know when you listen to it. The Mets. I don't see any of the team that wants it more than the Mets. The Mets, we don't know, well, I mean no, but they're playing hungry and they're fun. Even as a Yankee fan, my Yankee fan friends is said, I gotta be honest. Your Mets they're fun to watch right now? Fun to watch? Yeah, last thing on baseball.
Speaker 3: I wrote a song in two thousand and six called and We Say Let's Go Mets. It was a rewrite of a song by Lucas Pratta, who had some big hits in Miami and New York and some of the bigger cities. It was a dance hit, pop dance hit, and he wrote he recorded the song for me in two thousand and six. Uh, his song is called and she said, and I changed it to end we say Let's Go. It was a fairly big hit. The Mets played it at the stadium when you'd call Shay Stadium. That was the on hold music. I mean, they sold CDs at the stadium for me, like it was tremendous. So when they made the playoffs, you know seven.
Speaker 2: By the way, we're over twenty seconds, but keep going. I know, well, now we're talking about my song. That's okay, Now, that's about my song.
Speaker 3: I rewrote it in two thousand and seven, and they choked and lost, even though they were close to way. I rewrote the song again in two thousand and eight and they choked at the end and didn't make the playoffs, and then I rewrote the song again in twenty fifteen when I went to the World Series. Then I rewrote the song in twenty sixteen they lost a wild card, and then I wrote We wrote the song in twenty twenty two when they made the playoffs, and then last year I didn't have to write any songs because you know, they sucked.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: This year, all of a sudden, they start winning PLAFF games. So people who know the song, like you guys, you can do an update again. You're gonna do an update again. So, yeah, we recorded it, Oh you did, we recorded it? What's today? We're recording this on third We recorded it on yeah, yesterday afternoon. Right, but Grimace and the lyrics very exciting, awesome and it should drop today. So after you hear this podcast, look at my social media, you should say. And we said, let's go Matt's twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: That's a stiff competition because that OMG song seems to be taking over everything. That's why that's why I didn't write the song, figuring they're not going to have any room for it. But here's what I did. I mean our radio station's one hundred New York played the pit Bull remix. Pit Bull came in and remixed it and now it's oh my God. And as a player from the Mets singing the song Iglesias, So I mean, I mean, did I say Jorge Jose, Jose Jose, the other Hispanic name you can remember. Did I says I thought you did it? I could be wrong either way. I did I say that. I think I did say it.
Speaker 3: Well, for the record, I put Jose Glacias. I put the OMG song and Candalita in the lyrics to our song to pay homage to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to pay homage.
Speaker 3: It's homage or homage. Yeah, it's not homage that much, I know.
Speaker 2: And I and Barstool Philly issued this. This is this is awful, and this is why I could see why Philly fans are banging their heads extra hard this morning today. Go ahead, and then we'll move on from being a Philly fan. In the last twenty four months, Here we go. Twenty twenty two, Phillies blow the World Series after a two to one lead in the series. Twenty twenty three Eagles blow second half lead in the Super Bowl. Sixers blow Game six and seven, lose to the Celtics. Phillies blow game six and seven in the NLCS, Eagles start ten and one and then crash and burn in twenty twenty four, and then um, twenty twenty three, they start ten and one and then they crash and burn. And in twenty twenty four the Sixers loose to the Knicks in the first round. And here we are the latest. The Phillies loose to the Mets in the National League Division Series.
Speaker 3: So yeah, by the way, the Eagles may have crashed and burned at the beginning of twenty twenty four because the season overlaps the year.
Speaker 2: I apologize. Listen the Eagle. The Eagles won a Super Bowl a few years ago. Yeah they did. Yeah, they did. So at least you got that.
Speaker 3: I'm a Jets fan, they have one since nineteen sixty nine, and you're a big Giants fan.
Speaker 2: And then now they got Aaron Rodgers. So the Jets is a stall wide receiver. Your Giants fan, who's the new star wide receiver rookie? No, no, what we're talking about, your your allowsy Jets and Aaron Rodger. Years after coming back front, he had a four play season where he was gone in the first ten, gone in sixty seconds, and now here he's back. What are they? Two? And the two and four? What are they wait to tell me? What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: What is three? The jets of two and three?
Speaker 3: So you were very adamant that you don't need to know the quarterback of Rutgers because you were a Rutgers shirt.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna let you slide on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all you have to do is tell me who their number one draft pick was, who's turning out to be a superstar wide receiver for them?
Speaker 2: Meli neighbors, neighbors, neighbors, Malik, Oh, very good. I thought you can call him or hey, you're a dick anyway. I know. Yeah, he's better than Ben than Daniel Jones. See Daniel Jones is not the answer that he's the quarterback. I got, I got. Okay, we should move on. We're gonna move moving on, moving on, by the way, moving on. Rody a very very scared. Seconds before we started this podcast, I saw no, no, somebody sent me this. I guess they did this behind my back. Today at the radio stage, they they issued a compilation called the Best of Scary and it's literally a compilation of me on video right here? Uh, just compilation of me, you know, my best quotes, my funniest lines, my me falling asleep, but the wheel meet me going crazy because the radio station was going off the air. Now, Brody, hold on a second, what a Scary Jones retrospective? Well it scared me because I'm like, uh, is there something I should know here? Like when do they usually make compilation videos like that? When your dead are about to be fired? Exactly? So I'm like, uh, to what do I owe this honor that you guys? Just you guys, just you mean you randomly made this compilation video because it took some time for them to do this. Sure, this is like, uh, it's like, Scary's great. They weren't supposed to release it. Maybe.
Speaker 3: You know when they film biographies for people and then as soon as they die, it's ready, very like Ethel Kennedy died today, the matriarch of the Kennedy family. Yeah, and they already have bios, biopics and footage and everything ready to go, because at ninety six, they're like, you canna die any moment.
Speaker 2: I think they made that.
Speaker 3: Up for you, And and they got released too soon okay, they were just getting it ready in case you were.
Speaker 2: You know, please don't gill you know what. No, you're in good shape. Now, yeah you would, you would think, but who knows. I'm going to By the way, if I tuck on brag a little bit about shape, I'm gonna knock on knock on wood. Thank you. What are you gonna say? I just crossed another ten tier in the weight category. Ten?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's another ten digit. The second digit. No, the second digit in my weight is now one less than it was.
Speaker 2: Jeez, you wasted to another one? Wasting? Wait another another one? You're wasting another one? It was used to Wait nothing, what's going on there? Oh? Nothing, I'm eating, well, I'm exercising. I'm good. But I just I just crossed another ten plateau. Congratulations on the ten plateau.
Speaker 3: Now my weight ends in a nine, but it's it's I crossed that plateau.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's nice to see that number. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now if I haven't seen I haven't seen the number I'm at right now. Wait, wise, I have not been at maybe.
Speaker 2: In twenty five years, twenty years or something like that. So, uh, munjaro or a zempic, what are you doing here? We gov. No, No, I'm having I'm eating healthy. I told you that I'm exercising three days a week, playing pickleball and I'm eating healthy. But I just wanted to share that with slices. No, I don'tm not gonna. I'm not I'm not the ozempic type. God bless you.
Speaker 3: If that's what you do and it works for you, great, But there's a lot of to do this for my health.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of celebrity healthies that have taken the shot, and they're not being they're not being honest with it. They're not some of that.
Speaker 3: I think if if you take ozempic or we'll go v or whatever, and you then push your diet plan and your diet book and your exercise regimen, then you're a fraud. But if you take it, don't don't address it. You're just like, oh, yeah, I lost weight right Listen. If it's if it turns out to be completely healthy, you know, if the if it's FDA proved scientifically proven to be healthy and people can lose weight in a healthy way, what a miracle. In fact, yesterday's story came out that they're now thinking about having insurance companies cover the cost of that for people to lose weight because it makes them healthier and less likely to be to have obesity related diseases. So in the long run, insurance companies will save money by paying for your ozempics. Don't have to pay for your heart attack or your diabetes. Okay, I like that other problems. Yeah, I like that plan.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 3: Now you have no need for that because you have a doctor per se well helping you out right.
Speaker 2: But I'll say, you know, I will look good, no, thank you, I will not here after. You know how everybody says, oh, it's it's it's diet and exercise, diet and exercise. After exercising twice a week with the work personal trainer for the last since January, I can honestly say it's about eighty percent diet and twenty percent exs because because it's like it doesn't matter Instagram.
Speaker 3: Your Instagram causes me to gain weight just by looking at it.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, and I'm not holding back on the food right now. I mean we're in full threetles the kitchen apparently, no full throttle. Fourth quarter, Yeah, we're in fourth quarter. Scary Scary is gearing up for his his clients coming up, and jan I went on the air telling everybody. I said, oh my god, the Mets. The Mets made me have a you know, three heart attacks in one inning. And Elvis is like, I don't think it was the Mets. Son of a bitch. Everybody's everybody's coming down on me, all right, listen, I will. It's hard to stay away, dude. I went to a chef Chef's event the other day, the Chefs for Cookies can Chess for Kids cancer. They give you a jar giant ass gourmet cookies. Each cookie is represented by a different high end Manhattan the full restaurant and in these celephane bags. So I have like a I have a quart of Kopia of cookies, and you're like from like thirty cookies from thirty different restaurants. So how am I not going to have the full fat, double baked, double brown sugar chocolate chocolate chunk cookie from the Lafayette Bakery or whatever. I don't know. They're all there, and I'm like, shit, this sucks. I mean, it's great, but it sucks because it's in my face, it's everywhere. And now I'm going to New Orleans tomorrow dude, they don't get right down there. I mean the right vacation. That's one thing.
Speaker 3: The thing about cookies, I'll be again, I'm not writing a book. I'm not telling you what my way's right. I'm telling you what works for me. I have chocolate. I have Hershey's Kisses in my cabinet, okay, and I have Hershey's minis little candy bars. And what I found was if I open up a big candy bar, I will eat a whole candy bar. But if I eat a miniature candy bar, I take it and I go sit down. I'm not going to get up for another one. So I just eat the one. It's about moderation. So one day a week, like usually on a Saturday night, I'll have a nice, unhealthy er meal because I've been good all week, and.
Speaker 2: The beating salads, and then reward yourself with the scooby snack. Is that what that is? The thing is that you.
Speaker 3: Could bring home a jar of cookies. You just can't eat them all in the same like ten in a row.
Speaker 2: I know, but I do. I gotta stop. Oh that's a problem.
Speaker 3: You gotta put them in the trunk of your car then and grab one every day and bring it upstairs like you have to put guardrails on yourself occasionally. But speaking of cornucopia scary, are you familiar with the fruit of the loom logo? Yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: To describe it to me, the fruit of the loom logo is an apple, some grapes, apple, grapes, a pair, and but a banana I believe. Is this one of those things where where it's what do you call that thing where Mendela effect the mendela? Is this a Mandela effect example where people remember something to be a certain way, Yes, but then it really wasn't that way.
Speaker 3: So people think that the fruit of the Loom logo has a corn coopia on top full of full of fruit.
Speaker 2: And vegetables full of fruit.
Speaker 3: Oh right, But there's never been a cornucopia in the logo fruit of the Loom.
Speaker 2: Oh oh you no, I don't think there's a cornucopia in there. I just think it's just did I did I at least get the fruits? Right? Yeah? I don't remember the fruit. The fruit is grapes. It's not a grape, it's grape.
Speaker 3: The point is, if you put up a fruit of the loom logo with a cornucopia and say is this right?
Speaker 2: People go yeah. If you put it up next to a logo the same fruit and.
Speaker 3: No cornucopia, people will pick the cornucopia logo and swear that's the.
Speaker 2: How do you say fruit fruit loops in? Spell fruit loops in kellogg Cereal? Uh Am? I throwing you for a fruit loop right here? I is it? Okay? This is also a problem. Yeah, right.
Speaker 3: Some people will spell it f r u I T, and some people think it's fr o o T for fruit loops.
Speaker 2: But it's f r u I T. It's not. Brodie Mandela effect, got you. It's fruit loops. It's never been fruit f r u I T. It's always been f r o o T loops. Always hold on the reason. Okay, So I just had a brain fart. I'm gonna look at my phone. I'm looking at the box right now. I just said that. I just said the wrong thing. I meant to say. It's it's not fru I'm looking at the box. I hold it up as you were telling me how to spell it. I it's not fruit. We talked about the Mendela effect on this podcast. It's funny. Okay, So what about Looney tunes? You know, how do you spell Looney tunes? How do they? You're looking at the Mendela effect, Yeah, the Mendela effect. Talk to me, how do you spell? How do you spell? Don't cheat, no, I'm not cheating.
Speaker 3: People think it's t o n s for cartoons, but it's t u n e s Looney tunes. Yeah, it's t u n e s.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yes, but people think that it should be spelled cartoons t o o n s.
Speaker 2: People think it's definitely t u n e s. You think, so, you're right, it is. It's it's looney l o o n e y t u n e s. It should be t o o n s like cartoons. It's not right, but it's that's why people will swear. But when you see right, when you see the the image, you know it looks right the other way also, but it's right exactly Loony tunes.
Speaker 3: I know because my music publishing but people company is Brodie Tunes, and I spelled it tu any A couple more tunes Mendela effect.
Speaker 2: You can play along at home with Mendela effect examples. That's where I'm pulling these from.
Speaker 3: Well, how about the one Everyone thinks that Sinbad was in a movie where he plays a a genie named Shazam.
Speaker 2: But he was never in that movie. Oh really Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of the biggest Mandela effects is is that people swear.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: You have to be older to remember the eighties and when Sinbad was a thing. But uh, people will swear if they if you put up a picture of Sindbad the comedian dressed like a wizard of Oh, that's the movie Shazam he was in.
Speaker 2: You know Uncle Penny Bags, Uncle Penny Bags from the from mom Monopoly. Does he have a monocle or not? He does not have a monocle. See a lot of people think that he is a monocle, but he doesn't. He doesn't. You know who does though? Is the Planter's peanut? Peanut? Right? But that's the Mandela effect. Yeah, all right? How about uh do you know why it's called the Mandela effect?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Why big cause? Uh Nelson Mandel pretty famous. Thought they remembered Mendela dying in nineteen eighty but he wasn't dead.
Speaker 2: What about the world famous uh Coca Cola logo? Incursive? Is there is there a hyphen in the middle of cola and coca and Coca and cola, Coca and cola? Or is there or is there is the Coca Cola logo? Does it right? You're looking it up. You're looking it up. You just set it on the microphone. You're calling it. No, you're talking to your phone. Yes, you are. You just said Coca cola logo. You're talking to your phone and you talk your micro's off? Yeah, ah, got you prick, you're cheating. I would I would know if I turned Coca cola. I heard you. Wow, I saw for the you can see my phone. Look, there is there? Is there? Is there a dad? Is there a hyphen in between coca and cola? Or is there not? No, there's no, there's no hyphen. Hey, talk, shut up. I didn't talk. Are you asking Siri? No? I was talking to her.
Speaker 3: Isn't there a trademark or an asterisk symbol? There's nothing, not a hyphen. There's there's none, notnehing above. It's just Coca cola. Oh there might be an asterisk.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on, Coca cola. Scary, yeah, scary. Yeah, there's a hyphen. It's not a hyphen, it's a it's a little dot above the a. It's a dot above the A in coca all right, Well it's not. It's not not a hyphen. The hyphen should be. It's a dot. It's not a hyphen.
Speaker 3: It's a little dot that it was an asterisk or something, but it's not. It's not a hyphen.
Speaker 2: Why is that even there? I never know. Let's ask what is the dot in the middle of Coca cola? Uh?
Speaker 3: It's part Uh, it's part of a red disc or button sign. This has been used to advertise the brand. The disc was originally hand painted and became a common sight outside of milk bars.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 3: From eighteen ninety to eighteen ninety one, it was it was it was diamond like dots. In nineteen eighty five a more upright version, but negative feedback led it to being changed again.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That doesn't really matter. The dash in the cocolago is back from what I remember. It used to be in the middle, then it was gone completely. And someone's calling that the Mendela effect.
Speaker 2: What about Okay? What about? I mean, people love sketchers, sneakers. How do you spell sketchers?
Speaker 3: There's no t in sketches. That's a correct campaign about how there's no T and s.
Speaker 2: There's no T miss the is it? Uh? Is it? Is it cap'n crunch or captain crunch on the on the cereal box?
Speaker 3: It's captain end, isn't it captain? It's cap'n cap'n crunch?
Speaker 2: You think so? Huh? As opposed to spelling out the word captain crunch? Yeah? Is it? Is it spelled out or not?
Speaker 3: I thought it was cap apostrophe and cap'n cappin. Really I thought it was cap'n Is that is that? Am I being mandelaed?
Speaker 2: I think I think it's cap'in. It's cappin. It's captain. Ye happened right? Correct? You got it? You got it, you're a good man, You're you're you're you're good. It's cappain. But some people think it's captain.
Speaker 3: No no cap by the way, no cap no cap on capin, No captain.
Speaker 2: I'm having a lot of fun with these. I'll keep going. Can we keep going? That want if you want? Okay, what about the peanut butter Jeff Jeffy? Is it Jiffy or Jeff? What's Jeff? Like? Like the right? Some people will point to the Jiffy logo that's because they think they they mess it up with Skippy. Is it the Berenstein Bears or the Berenstain Bears, bren Stain, that is correct, People say Bernstein. I used to think it was Berenstein Bears. It's actually the fact that you say Barron is is half the half to fight. I thought it was Barren. I thought it was Berenstein Bears. It's Barren. Yeah, people think it's Bear Bernstein. What about Star Wars the very amous line Luke, I am your father? Is what is wrong with what I just said? Luke? What is wrong with Luke I am your father? Yeah? What is wrong with what I said? Because he doesn't say that. He doesn't say that. He says he says, no, I am your father. No, I am your father. He never says, Luke, I'm your father. Right in Star Wars. Correct, by the way. A lot of slice to trying to fact check us right now, they're like, fuck you guys. No, no, he says, Luke, I'm your father. Hey, guess what you're wrong? He says, no, I am your father. He never says Luke, I am your father.
Speaker 3: Because Luke says you killed my father. And he says no, I am your father.
Speaker 2: Correct, that is correct. You are correct. You are correct, sir. And if you thought he said, Luke, I am your father, you're wrong. Oh my god, holy shit. Relate with Brodie got Well that was fun. Hey.
Speaker 3: I tease something in Slice time that I have to get to go because I got somebody. Somebody sent me a video of breadless pizza. Okay, don't interrupt till I ask you the question. So they show the video and it's a guy he he uh. He makes a a round slab of pork and then put sauce and cheese and pepperoni on it and cuts it into triangles.
Speaker 2: You know, he grilled. He grilled. He grilled the pork on a on a grill, and he put the sauce on it like you'd like you put barbecue sauce on anything, and then puts them put cheese right, and then look it's it's it's breadless pizza. Right.
Speaker 3: And I looked at it and I said, first of all, let me get let me hear your thought. Scary is that breadless pizza?
Speaker 2: No, it's a pork chopped parmesan. Yes, it's pork palm. It's pork chopped barbisan.
Speaker 3: So I commented, it's pork palm, and the people on on on Instagram were like, no, it's it's it's pork pizza.
Speaker 2: I said, no, No.
Speaker 3: If you take a chicken breast and put cheese and sauce on it's chicken palm. If you take veal and put sauce and cheese on it, it's real palm.
Speaker 2: You take a pork and do the exact same thing to it, it's pork plant, mozzarella cheese. What's what's hard for these idiots online to understand? No, it's it's pork pizzambacil because you cut it into a triangle. No, the definition of pizza is bread, sauce, and cheese. Now, if you want it now, if you substan cauliflower palm, you you still need to form a crust with some kind of flour, almond flour, coliflower power, couliflower.
Speaker 3: Flour if you prefer. Yeah, but it's not pork.
Speaker 2: It's not pork pieas not breadless pizza, fucking moron pizza. If my brother said that to me, he said, that's pork palm. It's pork palm. That's what I said. It's pork palm. What it is me? This guy's got everybody watching this video like it's a great breaks. Oh my god, what a brilliant idea. No bread, go take a long walk off a short pier. Please, Now there's no breading on the pork. I would have breaded the pork and made it real pork. But it's really pork parmesan without the breading. Don't get it's pizza. The fuck out of it's pizza. It's bullshit. What upsets me? Yeah, I have a I have a couple of things here that has been bubbling bubbling. But is it your maggestion? Is it time? Okay? Well, first of all, do you do you have a fart space? Yeah, it's between my cheeks. What are you talking about? No fart space. It's like meaning like a place where you go to take a fart, Yeah, the bathroom, close the door. No, but like, if you're out, I go to my office. If you're do you go out to take a fart or you just like let it go right there.
Speaker 3: I have walked out on the deck and done it. I've gone into my office and closed the door. People, you're asking me if I fart in front of my family? No, do you far in front of Robin?
Speaker 2: No? Trying to far in front of you? No, we try not to. But have you have you ever heard rob before? I think we've We've let it slip before, but it's not a big deal. Now, do you have a fight during sex? No? No, okay you can. This is not where I want to get this conversation again. The slices want to go. Slices you ket scary goes doc or if he farts during sex? No, But the whole concept of a fart space, so like, for instance, if I'm in the mall, I'm walking into the mall, I'll look for Yankee candle and I'll go into Yankee candle because it smells so strong and so that's good. I'm like, you just fart somewhere in Yankee candle. Walk out, it's masked. It's perfect place to fart. Now we found out today this is what happens when people ask what's going on while the music and the commercials are playing. Well during the big show, Eliston ran show today, Nate straight hat walked out of the room and walked around the corner and then he came back and like, where did you go? And he's like, oh, I want to go take a fart. I'm like, wait a second. He goes by a certain group of desks down a certain corridor. So for me, I just go into the like the the third voice track studio on the left. Then I go in there if I have to. But like, I find it interesting that some people just decide to, you know, get away, Like where do you go? Like if you're in like if you're obviously, if you're at a party, you're gonna excuse yourself and going into the bathroom. I get that. But if you're in your your your environment, your you know, Like let's say you're your work, your office space. Do you have a special place that that only you know or that you go to I don't know, somewhere only we know. Think you came.
Speaker 3: No, I mean I if there's people around, you mean in my house, I would go out in the deck. Oh so you do go out of office or my studio where a podcasts from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So if are you gonna go in that? You can't go away to go to a house. If holiday meal with your family, you gonna walk outside? Oh you wait for the dog to come into the room. It depends on a chair that goes.
Speaker 3: If you're sitting on a chair that like makes a creak sound, you can't fart on the chair.
Speaker 2: But if you've got if you've.
Speaker 3: Got like loud music playing at a party, you fart, nobody's gonna notice it was you. Do you ever see the Family Guy clip where there's thunderstorms, the thunder and lightning, and Peter's in a room and every time he farts, every time he times out the thunder and he's like boom, thunder goes like three times, and then the fourth time he farts, he farts before the thunder and.
Speaker 2: He goes, I guess the storm's moving away. He actually like he lifts his leg up and then you're like, you don't you don't hear it gets covered up by the It's great, But the third or fourth time he goes, I guess the storm's moving a further away. That's hilarious. Yeah, the lightning, the duck in the room, you know, the lightning, you know the lightning and thunder trick right, No, well, well, no lightning goes first and then thunder Fright, you count how long you count how long it takes for the thunder to catch up. If it's three seconds, then the storm's not near you. But if it happens like close over within a second, that means the storm is getting closer to you. That is correct, because the light travels faster. This speed of light travels much faster than the speed of sound.
Speaker 3: You know, interesting point. Did you know light travels at the speed of light?
Speaker 2: No, you don't say it. Yeah. Yeah. Also when they're close, when they're close together, though, that means it's right right by. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well if you hear, if you see the lightning and the thunder at the same time it hit by, it's right near you. It's right near you, lightning and the thunder, thunder and far anyway, did you also know that, regardless of whether or not you work for the US government, you cannot control storms. I'm just putting it out there. You cannot, Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: All right. I think that a very appropriate jingle here as we go to break is this one Boys podcast. We will be right back. You see what I did there? I played the Fabreeze jingle, the Breeze jingle.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, no, no, no, really, that's that sounds like the Fabrieze jingle.
Speaker 2: That's not exactly the fabrize because would get us in trouble. Upty four make a wish? No? Can I tell you?
Speaker 1: Hey, where the second?
Speaker 2: No, that's those are my that's my angel numbers. Four four four, Stop it. It's a time on a clock. Come dude, you don't believe in angel numbers? Oh? No, like two two two three D three four for four. I know, I know, I know, I know what the numbers are. Every time I look at the clock, it's it's like eleven eleven six six number. There is no six sixty six I know, not on a clock. But four forty four is the angel numbers. I always find myself looking at the clock at eleven eleven or two twenty two, between thirty three or four forty four. I just remember Medel effect. You just remember the times you did, but you don't remember the times you didn't. It means the angels were watching over you. There's there's no doesn't. It means you look at the clock group of numbers like the six, six, six, seven, seven, seven, eighty eight, nine and nine. They mean different things.
Speaker 3: You know, angels were part of in a part of the world that use different numbers than we do.
Speaker 2: Right, there's people no I like to think that there's there's something else out there that.
Speaker 3: Okay, but you think they care about the clock and what time it is and what numbers on your ASSISI.
Speaker 2: Are people that's that actually wear chains with with their angel numbers on the chain.
Speaker 3: Fantastic, God bless you. If it works for you. Whatever makes you happy.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't begrudge anybody anything you ask me if I believe in it, I think it's ludicrous, luda. But whatever, whatever you want, whatever, whatever makes whatever makes you a day better, whatever makes you smile, whatever makes you feel more confident, more comfortable. If you think you know a relative is reaching out to you because you look at a clock, God, God bless you. I'll never make fun of anybody but scary. That's my rule, exactly.
Speaker 2: Thank you, appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so did you make a wish? Because I'm still here? So shit, I had a problem with face. If you're interested, Oh, what problem was that?
Speaker 2: Well? What is the problem with Facebook? First of all, having a problem. It's a Facebook marketplace, okay, so I sell on.
Speaker 3: I talked about this a lot. I sell a lot of stuff on Facebook marketplace.
Speaker 2: Not a problem.
Speaker 3: But three times in the past week and a half, I have, according to Facebook, violated the rules of posting, and if it continues, I could be barred from selling on Facebook marketplace.
Speaker 2: So let me tell you how I broke the rules. Scary, have my theme music ready? I posted. I don't know if you remember this.
Speaker 3: Like ten years ago, we all we had one of the guys from the New York Red Bulls soccer team come up to promote the season tickets of the Red Bulls whatever, and he gave everybody, or at least me, I got a replica Adidas soccer ball that looks like the ball that was used by the Red Bulls in that era toy.
Speaker 2: Fifteen eighteen whatever. It was.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now, when you sell replica jerseys, everybody sells replica jerseys. Oh this isn't the official Mets jersey, but it looks just like it. It's called a replica, sure right. People sell replica sporting sporting goods all the time. Oh, this is a replica bat of the bat that Peter A Lonzo uses, because the official jersey is like two hundred and fifty dollars, but you could buy a replica yep that looks for like ninety one hundred and ten whatever, nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 2: You use the word replica. You're not trying to lie to anybody, correct.
Speaker 3: So I listed this soccer ball, which is officially known as the Adidas Red Bulls Match Ball replica. So I got flagged for putting up fake merchandise trying to fool customers.
Speaker 2: But how are you fooling it for fulling customers if you have the word replica in the description in the time, I'm not allowed to sell replica merchandise. That could be misleading.
Speaker 3: But I'm being misleading by telling you that it's a replica. I didn't say authentic without proof. I said replica. I'm telling you it's not real. They they took it down and they threatened me. So I put it back up without the word replica.
Speaker 2: Not a problem. Okay, great wit, how does that make any sense? Hold on? Then, then I put up a little coach purse, brand new. One of my daughter's got it as a gift you from.
Speaker 3: Somebody gave one of my kids a little like a like a little tiny little purse a coach wall. I know it's legit. It's a legit coach purse. So I posted it. I got flagged putting up knockoff merchandise is this and and you could be barred and this is your second warning, Like what what? I'm not claiming that it's it's a it's a fifteen dollar wallet, I'm not claiming it's one hundred and it's a shitty little thing. I'm selling for like not a lot of money just to put it up and sell it.
Speaker 2: So it sounds like AI has got haywire because these aren't real. Here's the killer, scary, here's the killer. Here, have the music ready for this. It's my fingers on the button. I'm waiting for a chance to play it. So there is a rule that you can't sell medical equipment medical devices on Facebook marketplace.
Speaker 3: Like I tried to sell crutches once. You can't do it. You can't sell. You can't sell like if you have like a sling, a fancy sling, can't sell it.
Speaker 2: You can't sell medical related I don't see. I can't have one of those.
Speaker 3: Can't sell medical related things on Facebook, like maybe because if they don't work, you could die.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You can't sell crutches whatever. Put that in the back of your head.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'm selling off stuff that my kids, you know, they're in college, that one of them has their own apartment. A lot of stuff is here in the garage. They don't want anymore. They're like, EF, just sell it, Okay, great. So I put up an American girl thing here, an American girl doll thing here. And one of the things I sell, I put up to sell is an America Girl doll wheelchair, a little ten inch little American girl doll wheelchair. Immediately it gets flagged and I'm told you can't sell medical devices on Facebook Marketplace.
Speaker 2: And this is your third warning. The next time you might be barred from Facebook. Scary. I'm trying to sell a toy plastic wheelchair, an American girl wheelchair that is not a medical device for any human being. You can fit an eighteen inch doll in the plastic wheelchair. And I may lose my Facebook marketplace posting ability, which creates content for this podcast, because I tried to sell eleven inch plastic American girl doll wheelchair, which is not a public medical device. It's a toy. So I wrote it. I wrote it, and I wrote them back, and I appealed it, and they wrote back, You've lost your appeal. You say, how did you lose your appeal? Because A I must have rolled against me again. So I had to, says, call Facebook's customer service number if you wish to appeal the appeal, did you? So I call and I get Freddy, not his real fucking name. So Freddie's got a long list of it. He must have to read off this list.
Speaker 3: And I tell him the problem, and he says, is this happening with everything that you post?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I get a threatening message. Well, don't keep posting the wheelchair. No, no, it's happening no matter what I post. If I try to post a pack of gum, it says, I'm in danger of losing it. And to be very careful, make sure I understand the rules. Don't post anything that might break the rules. I said, how do I get that warning off? I shouldn't have been flagged for the soccer ball, I shouldn't have been flagged for the coach bag, and now I'm being flagged for a.
Speaker 2: Toy, A toy.
Speaker 3: He says, Well, if as long as you don't post anything that breaks the rules, Freddy, I didn't post anything that breaks the rules. Your system is telling me I'm breaking the rules. So he goes, well, as long as you don't post anything else, you should be fine. I go, listen, I've already posted three things that are not against the rules, and they've.
Speaker 2: Already been already been talked. What about the next thing I post that's innocent that gets flagged? Right? I don't want to lose my ability wipe out the warnings Freddy. So you know what Freddie says to me, He's just I'm gonna do a little bit of the accent.
Speaker 3: Fuck you if you're a snowflake. He says, don't worry. I feel you.
Speaker 2: I feel you. That was it, he says, I feel you. He said, I feel you, Sir David. That's what he said. I feel you, Sir David. Don't worry. Now. If he feels you, he's going to do something about it. So I'm like, listen, dog, what did he do? Oh, I'm gonna I'm gonna transfer you up to.
Speaker 3: The the department that handles the threatening notices.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, perfect click hung up on you hung up on me? Correctly, I had started a chat with him.
Speaker 3: The only way to get them on the phone is to start a chat, and then if the meta ETA who owns Facebook. The meta chat bot the figures you need somebody to talk to, they have them call you. So in the chat, Freddie says, I'm terribly sorry. I will call you right back. I'm still trying to get the other department. I said, tell you what, call me back when you get the other department on the phone ready to go, because otherwise you're going to call me back and then transfer me again. Just get me when they're ready, you reach out to me. He said, okay, So I waited three hours. Every time it says, oh, Neil has joined the chat, so I go in, and it says, this automated system is not abble to respond to text messages, so please do not respond. So I go, okay, someone will be with you. It may take up to three hours. God, that was two days ago.
Speaker 2: Scary. The chat's still going.
Speaker 3: And every few hours it says Neil has entered the chat, and then Neil says, I cannot accept an feedback from you. Please wait for a human to come onto the chat. It may take a few hours. I started days ago, scared.
Speaker 2: You're in a hell of sloop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so now I am at risk of not being able to post on Facebook because I posted.
Speaker 2: A toy reel chair. Scary. That's awful, wheelchair terrible, That is terrible. Are you going to get them erased? You think that they'll I mean, if they're logical, they will analyze the situation and realize that they're wrong on all three counts.
Speaker 3: What Freddie told me before he he disconnected me was well, just delete them. I go, but I want to sell them. Yeah, you should be able to delete them, no problem, put them back up. I said, all right, So I did it. When he was on the phone, I had the same warning message. I said, I'm already a mocked man. I got three strikes against me. What are you doing here? Wow, fella, I got flagged for a replica soccer ball, which is and by the way, all over Facebook marketplace replica jerseys, replica bats, replica helmets, rep everything replica soccer ball with the word replica.
Speaker 2: Fuck you, you're not posting that ship here? He is a warning.
Speaker 3: Wow, a toy wheelchair that medical medical device.
Speaker 2: Now you know how I feel about the Verizon thing. I'm going in circles. I still didn't get my second refund. It's not the same. I don't have a fall it's me. It's only I will. I will tell you though, I've experienced a lot of on hold time, a lot of hang ups, accidental hang ups or accidental clicks and whoops, will transfer you and if fucking phone goes dead, I have to start over. Yeah, no, it's it's unpleasant. And I think that customer service in the year twenty twenty four is lacking in most departments, in most in most companies. Sorry, but it is. It's getting worse and worse. Well, I'll tell you something's going on with party is throwing down his glasses.
Speaker 3: He's held on what's going on and speaking of customer service? And then we gotta take a break.
Speaker 2: Amazon.
Speaker 3: Amazon is ice scuging because last night, after the Mets won and moved on to the NLCS against whoever they're going to play, I realized that the majority of my Met shirts are too big on me because I'm down more than a size shirt.
Speaker 2: You want a trade, I can't. Yeah, you can have online. Yeah they won't fit you, scary, they won't fit you maybe in fair second quarter anyway, So I don't. I need to buy new met shirts, at least one Met shirt that I can have that looks good because it's the right size, and I'm like, oh, let me go on Amazon. Scary.
Speaker 3: Every MET shirt on Amazon, even with Prime first of all, will not arrive for four to five days because because Prime deals is going on and they're fucking swamped with Prime deals.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Number two, every MET shirt is twenty five to forty five dollars. Of course, they were fourteen dollars two weeks ago. Yep, the stock has gone on. They've jacked up the price. So that's the price of winning, my friend. The price is will get a MET shirt? Yeah, how do you want to How do you think the Yankees feel?
Speaker 2: You want to get a Minnesota twin shirt? They're like eight bucks. Yeah, yeah, MET shirt twenty five thirty five dollars. Talking about shirt, not today, my friend.
Speaker 3: You gotta wear, you know much as you know much a Suresey as a Dix Sporting Goods. Yeah, Jersey's like a shirt that has the name in the number back. They're like forty bucks, forty forty bucks for a T shirt with long sleeves, no short sleeve, a short sleep Jersey short sleep.
Speaker 2: It's a shirt, but it's a Jersey name, it's a jersey. Yeah, it's a jersey jersey Joe. People call him jerks, but it's not a jerk. It's a jersey shirt like a jersey jerk. Better, but you're a jerk. You're a dumb jerk. We gotta we gotta take a break, all right, Oh, I almost forgot, Brody. You know my friend's share. Of course, our friends share. Yeah, you're a godfather to her kid. End zo right, and of course I do that. The part time podcast I have with her, no speaking volumes. You know, it's a very good she's been you know, she's been busy lately. Obviously she has her handful with her two kids, my godson, you know, and Portia her the daughter, you know, her daughter. She's been filming movies. Well, I'm very very well, you know, Well, come on, Brody, come on, don't don't go there. She is in a feature film, a film that she made with Tom Welling. This is a big one for her, Brody. She plays a major part and it comes out tomorrow. By the time you hear this, it'll be out already on video on demand anywhere you buy movies. So think of all the services Apple and uh, you know, I guess who where can you buy films. You can't do it on not Netflix and Hulu because those are free. Right. But the film is called Amazon Amazon Yep, Amazon, Yep. It's called Mafia Wars. Google it. Wow, Mafia Wars with Tom Welling. She's the third billing. She is is. She filmed in Italy. She was so excited. Her daughter Porscha made it into the film because they thought she was so cute on set that they used her as Tom Welling's niece. So she's in it as well, her daughter Portia. I'm tremendous, super excited for her. Google it. It's called Mafia Wars. And yeah, no, I mean the last film she had very few lines and it was a very minor role. She's a she's a major character in this film. She's she got interviewed by Extra and some a lot of the media outlets and stuff like that with Tom. It's amazing. Yeah, I should do a podcast with her, So I'm really excited for her. My podcast partner and friend, longtime friends share share Concenza. You didn't get this excited when I told you had a new met song coming out. Wow, Well this is pretty big, Brody, This is this, No, this is a real deal. This is like our friend is in a big movie. This is not a friend is a fucking movie star. Yeah, this is amazing. Share c H E R. Casenza you can google her c O S S E n z A and congratulations on the release of Mafia Wars. You know, I don't know where it's going to go from here, but you know.
Speaker 3: Now, how did how did share Cozenza, who has a kid named Enzo get into a movie about the Mafia?
Speaker 2: You have no clue. I think at one point in the poster for the film, she's carrying an ak as a nun dressed as a nun because she's in disguise. Oh wow, Yeah, you gotta bro No, Brody, google it. You gotta see it. I'm not even kidding anyway. While you're pulling that, I'm going to say I have a real problemedia. Mafia Wars is a DEFUNCTUM multiplayer social network game. No no, no, Mafia Wars film, Mafia Worst Film film. Oh this is actually the game. Mafia Wars is awesome. Yeah, I don't really know that.
Speaker 3: Hey, is this a movie that she made a couple of years ago. I remember her saying she was going to be making it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, finally Alatics finally out tomorrow. Oh yeah, here it is. Look at that she's in the trailer and everything kind of wild. That's true.
Speaker 3: Our next con gets released early from prison, only to be forced into an undercover unit of six men, and on his first day the other five are killed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tom Welling great, Oh Tom Welling is a real deal? Active? This is is in the trailer. Yeah, that's awesome. Yeah, my friend's here. Yeah, I think I think I'm going to support her by buying the buying the movie on demand and watching it. I have to How do I not? Yeah, no, I'm gonna I'll do that. Yeah, definitely do it. Brodie should really, well, she should really give you a log in for that. Let's let's let's shore our support, let's pay pay. Yes, absolutely, And it's actually a movie that I want to see. It's Mafia Wars. It takes place in Italy. All right, who's more Italian than you? I have a problem, don't you? Always me of you? This sucks. I want to do this without saying names. But I went out with Robin and I went out with a couple last week. We went out to dinner. We had a great time. She uh. They left. They have two kids, younger kids, and the whole plan was predicated on the fact that we hadn't seen each other in so long. And finally the grandparents were coming over to watch the kids, and this was their chance. Oh terrific to uh to go out and have dinner. So Robin and I we planned a dinner, the four of us, and we were gonna go out to dinner followed by a bar after shoot. The ship hang out like old times ship the shoot loving it. Halfway through dinner, one of the kids can't shoot. He's a little there's the sniffles and he can't sit. Okay, all right, you get on the phone. So what is he doing? He blows up my boy's phone, and he blows up her phone. The kids. The kids starts calling back and forth and like them until the mom finally answers the phones. I got to take the call the kids and the kid. No, the kid called the kids old enough, hold on, yeah right, so he finally so, so, yeah, okay, you can't sleep. Oh I know, yeah, yeah, I know you're feeling sick. Oh that's okay, all right. And I knew what was coming as soon as we were done with dinner. The wife was like, yeah, we better get back. It's it's for the best. We're gonna go back to her and me and Robin are sitting They're like, what Robin and I, Robin and me? What about the We're gonna go to this great bar and and and the husband was like, Thot, we're gonna go to the Yeah, no, that's yeah. We how far I live from you? Well we met halfway. We met at a restaurant halfway and uh so they went home, they went home, and they cut the night short.
Speaker 3: Well, here's what I would have done. Yeah, here's what I would have done. Hold on, I'm with you. I'd be very upset. I would have been a prick. I would have said to the couple, I'm gonna call the husband Steve, just for hell of it. You know what, I totally understand. You have to go home, take care of the kid. Steve's gonna hang out with us and we'll bring him home later. A right, Steve, that both parents don't need to go home.
Speaker 2: That's a dick move.
Speaker 3: Well, a dick move is canceling on plans with a couple you haven't seen in a while.
Speaker 2: Now is he your friend or is she your friend? He's your friend? Right?
Speaker 3: So she She's like, oh yeah, but yeah, what if she had the babe. What if she told the grandparents if I text you have the kid, call.
Speaker 2: Means having a terrible time at dinner of the kid. What if the kids have actually called. What if it was the grandparents going, so you want to come home now? So I do not sleep? And Mike, mikey, I brought this to the Big show and after joking with me that that that could have been the case that you just mentioned a podcast, they started railing on me, especially Danielle, saying, you don't know what it's like because you don't have kids. How old is the kid? It's like eight or nine. But I'm like, fuck that. How soft are we now? I mean, listen, I've understand if the kid falls and has to go to the hospital, I get it, you end your night. But it was like the kid couldn't sleep and he was a little under the weather. Fuck that.
Speaker 4: Fuck that, But you don't understand, scary. You're not a parent, and this is exactly you know, You're just selfish And I'm like, no, that's the kid being selfish, and that is in my opinion, bad parenting, or you know, the grandparents can't handle this shit, or what the fuck is going on here?
Speaker 2: You're allowing this? This is the one that the whole purpose of tonight was that it was gonna be your one night to hang out and hang out and have some drinks and have a full night. I was angry. Well, the whole show turned against me, but I'll have him go. Who has no kids turned against No, No, she was on my side. Everyone else I figured it. Yeah, Yeah, of the text messages who were fucking parents with kids agreed with me, saying Nope, scary is right unless my kids losing an arm, I'm not going home, or yeah, look what's going on with this generation people? While he's so fucking soft, but it's not a generational thing. It's though those particular parents don't represent all parents, most parents. It's it's it's it's terrible what's happening now? Again, there are people listening to this podcast that are gonna disagree with me vehemently. I mean, and take the side of all, but they you know what the kid is thinking. You gotta you gotta go cut the nights short. It's all once you get kids. It's it's all about them and not you. It's not about anyone else except for the kids. You live for your kids, and I understand that to an extent.
Speaker 3: Here's here's how I would have handled it, and I'll tell how my wife would have handled it. I would have said, because as a kid, if I pulled that ship with my parents when I was at my.
Speaker 2: Grandfon right, that's where I was gonna go next.
Speaker 3: Get First of all, First of all, my grandfather wouldn't have let me use the phone.
Speaker 2: They were on cell phones back then. He would not have let me used the phone.
Speaker 3: He would have pretended to call my parents and pretended to have a conversation and then told me your parents said that you know whatever.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: He would not have even my parents, my grandparents would not have been part of it.
Speaker 2: They would have just lied to me.
Speaker 3: If I got my parents on the phone, my mother my father would definitely tell me to go to hell to sleep. My mother would would have told me, And this is what I would do, because is what my my parents would have done. Go to sleep, Okay, lay in bed, close your eyes, and if you're sleeping when we come home, we'll wake you up and we'll give you a little tea and we'll play cards or stuff. We'll do something, and then the next morning I wouldn't remember anyway, right the thing, get the kid to go to sleep, Just lay in bed, close your eyes, and we'll be on our way home.
Speaker 2: But it's gonna take a couple hours. We went far, but we're on our way, and then it's it. The kid will fall asleep, lie that you'll outlet. Your lie will outlast the kid being awake.
Speaker 3: You know where the term grandparents comes from from the word parents, because in order to be grandparents, in most cases, you had to be a parent. They should know how to lie to the kid and get the kid to go to bed right exactly. I spoke to your mother on the phone. She said, if you go to bed now. Look, if the kid is sick as the stomach ache, give them some tea, give him some asspen whatever. But if the kids just like my mommy and my mommy, you say, you know what, your mom's having a good time. She said, she's on her way home in about an hour, but she wants you to go to sleep and she'll wake you up when she gets home, and she'll give you a kiss. On the head and the kids, Mom's gonna wake me up when I get home.
Speaker 2: I never understand how the parents, parents would just koutout to their kids, their parents out there that would have reacted and done the same thing and just gone home the kid has a fever. I never I'm just taking it back to the way I would have been treated. There were times I was with my grand My grandparents were like, I don't want to fucking be in at Millie's house, think Grandma, and I don't want to sleep. Oh no, and my parents and you talk cracked me across the face. Go to bed. That's the But I'm telling you, we're too fucking soft.
Speaker 3: How did these parents. I don't just say these parents are too soft. I don't know about all parents. I know lots of parents that are tough. My friend Jeff Wild tell his kid to go out himself. So it's not all people that being said. That being said, they shouldn't have gone out if they were worried they might have to go home if the kid was crying complaining when they when they went out, the kid was the same sick as when he called right correct, he didn't get sicker.
Speaker 2: Is the wife wanted to go home. She saw you were a gavone.
Speaker 3: No, no, she's like, oh, scary just cost me one hundred and fifty dollars for dinner.
Speaker 2: Because he's drinking and she was she drinking. He could say that she was drinking. She drinking. She was drinking, drinking more. You and Robin are them? No, No, we equal. We did round for round. We did a couple of rounds of drinks. That was it. It was nothing. You ran up the table. We're gonna go to some club after this. There was no club. We said. It wasn't a club. It was a bar.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're going to a bar probably, figure, you know what. Look, I'm gonna get home to the kids. Given the choice between scary and some woman is dating just sucks.
Speaker 2: Man. I just I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Did your friend did your friend ever question his wife? Did your friend ever say.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the sure, honey, that's the other thing. That's not my fight to fight. I can't get it that, but but you know what that was me in that marriage.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: No he didn't. She said we're going home, and he went, okay. No, he was simple. He's simple. He's a simple. He just I'm like, I can't believe it. What have what has become of you? Now? I didn't want them to get into a fight over it, but he's just yes, okay, all right, okay, dear, all right, dear, we're gonna go get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 3: He should have said, look, you don't want to embarrass your wife put her on the spot.
Speaker 2: But I don't know I would.
Speaker 3: I would have been like, yeah, at least question he goes, is he is he in pain?
Speaker 2: Or is he just like anyway? Robin and I like looked at each other, like, what are we gonna do? You and Rob looked at each other and went, this is why we don't have kids. This is exactly why we don't have kid. You made the face. We looked at each other went out, You're like kids. We are just we are right, We're doing the We're on the right path. It's the podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll tell you this, back to that conversation we just ended. Yea, I will tell you that I would have been like to my wife, Oh, we're going out, let's go out. What are you talking about? He'll be fine with the grandparents. I think my wife would have leaned towards going home. She would have leaned. I think she would have leaned.
Speaker 2: But also I got a bounce with you. It's why my kids like her more, because she's one of the many reasons. She'll give it, she'll give it. No, I think she would have been like, you know what, I feel bad for them. What's another hour and a half. We were going to end up at a bar, and we were gonna end up having another drink, a drink or two and call it a night. We weren't going to have an incredibly late night.
Speaker 3: In retrospect in my life, Okay, I can't speak for the parents. When you first started the conversation, I'm like, oh, yeah, fuck that right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But if I'm making a choice as the mother in this situation only because she made the choice, could have been the father.
Speaker 2: But if I'm making the choice long term between.
Speaker 3: Going out with a couple I don't really know, yeah, or going home to the kid that might remember forever that I gave up my plans and care more about my kids and they would be nicer to me the rest of my life, I might go home to Okay, I might go because you know what, because now if I had done in that situation, right, and I went home For the rest of their lives. I could say, remember that night I came home, don't have it. Tell me I don't care about you. I gave up plans with Scary and Robin to come home because you had a tummy eights, So you would file that I always put you first.
Speaker 2: You file that for a later date.
Speaker 3: All yeah, But I think in retrospect, if my kids thought I put them first, I'd be better off.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I think.
Speaker 3: Maybe she made that call. Mothers are smart. Mothers know they're going to look bad in a situation. Maybe, but in the long run, their kids are gonna worship them. Yeah, and then she's never gonna see you again. So I now that I rethink my answer. The smarter me has learned from mistakes and would have gone home.
Speaker 2: Look at you learn from your own mistakes. I would have.
Speaker 3: Gotten on the phone with the kids said, you know what, your mom's not sure if she wants to come home.
Speaker 2: I'm putting my foot down and will be right now. I love you. Wow, Brody, you never admit you're wrong, and you you, an earlier version of yourself, would have been wrong. I didn't say I was wrong, Younger Brody, Young Brody would be wrong. Nope, I didn't say it was wrong.
Speaker 3: What I said was my kids right might have taken it differently long term, Okay, all right. Therefore, knowing my audience I would have made a different decision doesn't mean I think I was I was wrong.
Speaker 2: Listen, I know we have a few more minutes left here before we go, but yeah, I feel like this might as well just end this pod cast with a therapy session for scary from being a being kicked around by the people on the Big Show, because that was the first they railed on me for that. But Brody, there's something else that got to me this week that I don't know again. Why hopefully you'll side with me on this is you know, we were at an event. We were at a dinner recently. We went to the Cookies for Kids Cancer, the Chefs for Kids Cancer, A bunch of chefs cooked for everybody in the room. One of my one of my favorite events that we used to go to. You've been and there were people in the room. There were celebrities like Robert Kraft, the owner of the Patriots the did you give him massage? What a happy ending. It was a rare sighting of mister Craft and Paul Rudd and man and uh and he was talking to another in the building. The other guy, who was Bobby conn of Olly Avli was they saw the pictures. That's how I and Jason Biggs from American Pie and others others. So they were there, so I said, fuck it, I'm gonna run the table and I'm gonna get pictures with all of them. Because it was a cocktail hour setting, people just hanging around talking to each other. So I approached each one one by one, Well, people are on the big show. You got nice pictures, Gandhi Danielle. They were creeping on me, taking video of me trying to get pictures with these celebrities. They're making fun of me in essence, saying what are you doing that for? What are you going to get pictures? Oh my god, it's so embarrassing, scary. What are you doing that for? The And then I pointed out to them, in thirty years of doing what we do, lots of people have come up to want to take pictures with us. So I'm like, yeah, so people come up, so are you trying to say that? First of all, a that those people who want to take pictures with us are foolish or it's idiotic, or it's embarrassing, or it's terrible. And secondly, if they want to take pictures with us, we don't. How do we feel when they say that? We feel good? We feel good. We don't say we don't in our own minds say oh my god, I got to take a picture with this person. Never ever, ever, ever, whenever someone approaches me and wants to take a picture, and I could speak, and I could speak the same for everyone on our show. We love it when people approach us and say they want to take a picture with us. We're respectful, we're cordial, we have some conversation, and we take a picture happily, and we don't think anything of it. So why would then Paul Rudd or Jason Biggs think any different of me going up to them asking for a picture. They should be I think they would be like, oh, they're flattered, you know, okay, they would It would be expected that I would ask for a picture. They wouldn't take anything less of me. They don't think I'm I'm invading this. So we don't think those things of others. So why would they think that of us? Now you're the guy who went up to Seinfeld, didn't you ask for a picture? Well, Jerry Seinfeld was having a conversation with Steve Martin, and I'm like, yes, this would be a guest only murders of the building. Yeah, And I'm like, that would be amazing to get into between these two guys and get a fucking iconic picture. That would be the picture of this chnic picture, all time, all time comedy. To get the both of these guys and be in the middle. And Steve Martin was ready to do the picture, and then Sidefeld was the one. Yeah maybe not. That's okay. Isn't it better? Isn't it better just to talk with us and have a conversation. And like he fucking talked me out of taking a picture with him, making me feel stupid. I have said, how about you, Steve, can we get a picture without Jerry? I would have taken a picture of Steve. Steve probably would have went for it too, because he's that kind of huge. But I don't think there's anything wrong. Listen, But is it wrong? I mean, first of all, I think first of all the other thing I wanted to say, was anybody anybody listening to this podcast are slices if they were in that room, and then that's it with us with us, No, No, they would also want to go. They would also want to take pictures with these people or you or me or not, but we would. My point is, if you're in a room with Paul Rudd and Jason Biggs and and Robert Kraft is just hilarious. Actually, Robert Kraft's fun.
Speaker 3: Hilarious, Hils, listen if you wanted. If Paula didn't want to get a picture. Let's say Paul Rodg was like, listen, I'm I'm at a charity event, I'm dressed up, I'm having a conversation. It's not really an appropriate time. Then it's they could just say, you know what, give me a few minutes, or I'm really not in the frame of mind, but thank you very much. I'm flattered he could do that. But I see the picture he took.
Speaker 2: You always like ay wi. Yeah. And plus I'm not I'm not approaching him at a funeral. This isn't like a he's not sitting down having dinner with his family. This isn't I've probably.
Speaker 3: Gotten turned down for a picture by a celebrity to celebrities once at the same time. Who's at so? So I was with you. We were at a it was twenty fifteen. I think we were at a Mets World series game or a playoff game. Yeah, and Bill Maher and Michael Moore, the director, were sitting behind us. We had we had better seats than them. And Bill Maher is a was a minor owner in the Mets before they sold, and Michael Moore is as a good friend is so. I used to write for Bill Maher on one of his shows many many years ago, freelance. But he called my house to thank me for writing for him, Like I had a little bit of a relationship. My cousin worked him for many years. So I went up to my said hello, I said, he used to be a writer for you back on this old show you did whatever? Oh great, yeah, yeah, I said hello to Michael. I told him I was a fan of some of his work whatever.
Speaker 2: And then I was.
Speaker 3: Walking away and I turned around, I go, can we get a quick picture? And they were like, eh, wow. Now, in fairness, no offense to them. Michael Moore always looks like crap, So I can't say it was him, but Bill Maher wasn't like Bill Maher didn't look like dressed up, his hair wasn't done. He was sort of leveled like he was in a Mets game, you know, like maybe he didn't want to take a picture because he wasn't in picture mode. We've been there, I've been I've been like I've been out at different things where I feel like, I hope nobody asked me for a picture because I don't feel picturish. I don't feel picture worthy right now, so I get it. But they did say no, and I felt really bad because I was like, it would have been nice in a Mets game to get a picture what.
Speaker 2: A guy used to write for and another guy you like it. It was a you know, good picture.
Speaker 3: But other than that, celebrities, I've been turned down for parodies, you know that, artists that would not do a parody for me.
Speaker 2: Well, so I guess, I guess I'm wondering you had every right, you had every right to go. Am I second guessing myself in thinking that, oh shit, maybe this is embarrassing. Maybe I embarrassed the people on the Morning Show because I had a function with them and we're no listen.
Speaker 3: You know I love Danielle, love her, love Danielle. But if David Beckham was at that event, she'd be on him like white on Rice.
Speaker 2: That's very true. Oh I know that, Spenny. You're listening right now. You know that mom would absolutely not hold back if if if David Beckham.
Speaker 3: Was the home and say, hey, Spencer, just want to let you know I had a chance to meet David Beckham, but I didn't think it was right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't the right to go up to him. Wasn't the right place. Come on, we know that's bullshit.
Speaker 3: Right, It's right, it's right if one of her favorite people. Now, look, you are not a Pole Rudd fan. You are not a Jason Biggs fan, necessarily. You sure as hell are a Robert Craft fan.
Speaker 2: Certainly not a Robert Kraft fan. Right, But again there's comedy and taking a picture of it. What am I? What am I ever going to see Robert Kraft, who was so random that he just appeared in the room, like, fucking Robert Kraft is here. I gotta get a picture of.
Speaker 3: The New England Patriots, who also, by the way, was involved in a scandal because he was going to uh, massage Pauler's in Florida on game days?
Speaker 2: On game days? Didn't he fly?
Speaker 3: Didn't he fly to Florida once for a hand job at a and then flew back to New England or something?
Speaker 2: For you? Yeah, Sarah Fox get well, yeah, so I see where you're going with that. But both sort of like a thing. I guess, well, if Gandhi, if Jason Momoa and was in the room and hanging out having a Ghandi would be absolutely Gandhi would have been like, oh Jason, I love you. Can I get a picture now? Gandhi wouldn't have gone to all twelve celebrities like you did, So I have to preface what I'm saying you.
Speaker 3: Went to all of them. Of course I probably would have gone. Would I definitely would have wanted to picture Paul Rudd?
Speaker 2: Definitely. Yes.
Speaker 3: I can't ab a craft because I'm a Jets fan and I hate I hate the Patriots, right, But I don't think I would have bothered Jason Biggs necessarily who else was there?
Speaker 1: But I love him.
Speaker 2: I loved him an American pie? Oh you love he put his penis in a pie.
Speaker 3: Come on, name something Jason Biggs has done since then, he's done some great movies.
Speaker 2: What has he done? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I would get a picture of Paul Rudd, you know why. Because he's fucking ant man, That's why. And I'm a big MCU fan. He's ant man, That's why i'd get a picture of him. And I love him and only Murders of the Building. So I would get a picture of Paul. And Bobby was in that film with him?
Speaker 2: Mhm what film? And man, oh no, no he was not.
Speaker 3: He was Bobby kind of Olly is a great actor. I might get a picture of Bobby kind of Ollie because he's a great actor. Always plays a gangster really well, listen, he's really he's really talented. But I would have skipped Jason Biggs unless unless you were like Brody, let's get it, Brooklyn boys, Jason Bigs picture, I would like.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I don't know answer this question.
Speaker 3: Honestly, though, scary a picture with Paul Rudd or the Jar Gourmet cookies If you had to choose one.
Speaker 2: The Jar Gourmet cookies. Look on the scariest picture on Instagram with the Jar cookies. Oh man, those cookies are so damn good boys, Boys,