Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's the final hour on this Tuesday, at least for the show Dan and the Dan Ed's Dan Patrick Show. Fritzi's here the Minister of Humor Seaton mar Paul ears truly the backroom guys as well. Second title game in the last thirty five years decided by two points or less. The last time it happened twenty ten with Duke against Butler, and the line was Florida favored by one.
Speaker 3: Eight seven to seven to three.
Speaker 2: DP Show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot Com, Twitter handle a DP show. Good morning, you're watching on Peacock. Thank you for allowing us into your homes and our radio affiliates around the country, numbering over four hundred. Stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. Can't wait to get to Lambeau two weeks from today?
Speaker 3: Todd? Is that right?
Speaker 4: That'll be two weeks from tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Tomorrow? Will we get there two weeks from today?
Speaker 4: Direct on our first show, there is two weeks from tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Todd.
Speaker 2: So Wednesday, Thursday Friday at the bar on Homegren Way, a couple of blocks from Lambeau, famous for their wings, and we look forward to trying to entertain you those three shows. Yes, we will have a studio audience, first come, first serve. Once we get to capacity, then we have to turn you away. We do a meet and greet on Wednesday night four to six, same place, and that once again first come, first serve. I had the odds for next year winning the national championship. It's Duke, It's Houston, Connecticut BYU is quietly building a blue chip, blue blood powerhouse, and I believe they have the number one player in the country coming to Utah next year Perdue. Then you have Arkansas, Kansas and Kentucky all tied, Texas Tech, Louisville, and then Florida, Michigan, Alabama and Auburn at that. But Duke's got a great recruiting class. You have the Boozer twins coming in, and certainly Cameron Boozer was one of the top players in the country. I just saw them playing. They were playing in a basketball tournament like the Chipotle basketball tournaments. Yeah, and you know it's a garden forward combo with and of course their dad, Carlos Boozer played in the NBA as well, and famously loaned his house out to Prince and Prince painted it purple inside.
Speaker 3: He told that story on the show a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: You see that that clip that interview when I did that. He came in to New York and told that story, And that is a clip that went viral where he's talking about Prince coming in renting his house in la and then painting the inside purple. All right, see, let's pull question for the final hour of the program.
Speaker 5: Let me update you quick here the worst way to end a game. We have three options there for you, not getting a shot off, a called third strike, or a quarterback sack. Right now, forty eight percent of the audience is not getting a shot off.
Speaker 3: Thirty six is called third strike. Okay, all right, yep.
Speaker 5: Which are you better at golfer dancing? What's been known as the most difficult question we've ever asked on this show. Right now, sixty eight percent of the audience are better at golf than they are dancing.
Speaker 3: What would you rather be good at?
Speaker 2: If I said you could pick that you can be really good at golf or a really good dancer. I'm gonna start with you, Seaton. Would you like to be a really good dancer or really good golfer?
Speaker 5: If you could snap your fingers and turn me into modern day frettistare I would take that?
Speaker 2: Okay, Marvin, you could be really good at golf or really good at dancing.
Speaker 3: Already a good dancer, Yeah, okay, Todd, I think I'm gonna go golf.
Speaker 6: My son's picked it up a couple of years ago, and there'll be have a lot more father son moments right now. You can't deal with how terrible I am, so it's not fun until I would get better at it.
Speaker 3: Eh, Paul, I'm gonna go golf.
Speaker 7: I've missed out on a lot of social occasions with friends because I know my game doesn't translate to an enjoyable day on the course.
Speaker 3: I would probably say dancing. I mean, I'm a.
Speaker 2: Good enough golfer that I can go out and have fun be not embarrassed myself.
Speaker 3: But dancing.
Speaker 2: Dancing's about confidence, correct, and I don't have confidence zero. That's why whenever we went to the club when I was growing up, and you go to these places, and I had friends who just had no problem walking up and say hey, you want to dance the next thing, you know. You know, I'm there sitting in a barstool by myself because I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm not gonna ask any I.
Speaker 2: Mean, it might had something to do with the acne that I had in my hair, but I mean, who doesn't want a piece of somebody six' three about one hundred and fifty five.
Speaker 3: POUNDS i, mean.
Speaker 2: Come and get. It and it stayed. There nobody came to get. It BUT i just, remember and there's certain songs that come up on the radio sometimes WHERE i, go, oh that's, Painful, oh that's. Painful OH i remember sitting that one out. Too, YEAH i saw that one out. Too BUT i, Remember, god my friends had. CONFIDENCE i. Didn't damn.
Speaker 3: It what could have? Been what could have? Been all?
Speaker 2: Right the Headlines florida congratulations wins The National championship in dramatic. Fashion you have a master's week Starting dodgers have dropped three or four panic final week for THE, Nba, Lakers thunder, Again celtics and The. Knicks and then tomorrow you Have lakers Maps luca comes back to. Town who is more upset with the. Team they'll be Facing Anthony davis Or Luca Anthony.
Speaker 3: DAVIS i, mean If I'm, Luca i'm.
Speaker 2: Thrilled Anthony davis is, like uh, wait who got?
Speaker 3: What wait a, minute what day?
Speaker 2: Is it felt Like Anthony and then that's one of those where it felt like there was this cryptic message Of Anthony davis, saying, Oh lebron didn't know about, This like how Did lebron not know about? It and tell me about? It but that was where you, went, ad you're being traded To. Dallas we couldn't turn Down, luca AND i like to, go, well, boys he going to be ready to. PLAY i, mean, okay he's been ready to play before his first. Game when he got To, dallas he was unbelievable until he got. Hurt so If I'm Anthony, davis just go out and put up nice. Numbers don't go it's, crazy don't get. Hurt luca is the ONE i think who's going to, say you, know because he was taking it. Personally Nico harrison didn't think that he was worth the, money that he wasn't in. Shape you don't want to give him three hundred and seventy five million. Dollars but As Mark cuban said on a podcast even A smith's, Podcast dallas had to Get Austin reeves in that.
Speaker 3: Deal you have, to, Yes.
Speaker 7: PAULINE i think what you mentioned last hour was interesting that The lakers didn't have to give Up Austin. Reeves If i'm a mass fan and they get back someone Like Austin reeves who was entering his, prime he's a good combo. Guard he's a GOOD nba. PLAYER a couple of years ago you weren't. Sure, yeah now he's he's what twenty one a, game, nice all around, player kind of a, killer not.
Speaker 2: Scared, OH i think he's you, know he has that ability to be an All.
Speaker 3: Star he could be like A Tyler HERO i. THINK i, mean.
Speaker 2: It's a white guy Comp i'm, sorry but but he Remind Tyler hero And Tyler hero has had an unbelievable, year, Right but if The MAVs got Him Anthony Davis, kyrie now they got. INJURED i understand. That but if you have them now all of a, sudden you have. Something BUT i have to look at the, future and you're going to be Seeing Luka doncik for the next ten, years AND i wouldn't want to.
Speaker 3: If you're going to be THE.
Speaker 2: Gm you don't want to be THE gm who traded Away, Luca, like there's certain things with you don't want to be THE. Gm you, know we've talked about this before of you don't want to be THE gm who traded Away Mike. Trout, well now it's okay to be THE gm who trades Away Mike trout if that's. True but there's certain, guys certain players where you, go you know, WHAT i don't want to be the guy to do.
Speaker 3: That but.
Speaker 2: It'll be, interesting you, know those two colliding In dalla and see the fans reaction Because lucas going to get a standing. Ovation this isn't one of Those hey we're going to cheer you and then we're gonna boo you Because luca didn't want to. Leave you just bought a fifteen million Dollar hiles just had a, baby and all of a, sudden it's, like, wait why are you trading? Me and if You're Nico harrison THE, gm where do you?
Speaker 3: Sit do you? Sit are you in a sweet are you far from the maddening? Crowd?
Speaker 6: Yes, Ton, Yeah If luca was a, malcontent like A Jimmy butler who was trying to force a, trade it was, anything but SO i would think that they have only good feelings Towards.
Speaker 2: Luca, yeah it's, interesting, right that'd be, interesting, yes Mar.
Speaker 8: But the difference Is Jimmy butler's thirty five And lucas twenty. Five, OH i, know and he just got to the finals the year. Before it wasn't like they calmed out in the first round of the. Playoffs, yeah and you're, like, oh he's out of. Shape imagine. It you, know he got to the. Finals he's quoe unquote out of. Shape i'll take, That.
Speaker 2: BUT i don't know if there are a lot of, analysts Including Reggie, miller that they all pointed out that he was out of, shape out of, shape out of. Shape AND i think there was a time during the season where it felt like injuries were going to stay with him and therefore maybe looking at That supermax deal and they're, LIKE i don't, know, man that's a lot of money to give to, him.
Speaker 3: But you gotta get.
Speaker 2: More and we said that before you're trading Away luca and you're going to Get Anthony.
Speaker 3: Davis.
Speaker 2: GREAT i don't know what that, Means like we'd have to win a title in the next three, years and even then he's still going to be with them for another ten.
Speaker 3: Years that's the tough.
Speaker 2: Part it's like when you break up with your girlfriend and then all of a sudden you see your girlfriend, differently and then all of a, sudden you, go, oh what WAS i?
Speaker 3: Thinking, Yes, pauling if.
Speaker 7: The mass concerns About luca's work, ethic even if they're, true he could choose to change those and choose to get more. Serious Anthony davis can't choose to not get. Injured he can't make a decision, like you know, what the next three, Years i'm gonna be perfectly. Healthy there's no way around.
Speaker 2: That, yeah well that's tomorrow. Night you still have The lakers AGAINST. Okac is there anything for them to play? FOR i saw where they may rest some of their starters for that game Against Okay, see BUT i haven't done the, standings the math of the standings, here playoff, wise, Yes.
Speaker 8: Marvin, yeah they have the one seed wrapped up For Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: City, Yeah i'm talking About is okayc gonna rest everybody and The lakers still have to continue to?
Speaker 3: Win, Yes.
Speaker 7: Pauling The lakers right now are the three, seed a game and a half ahead Of Denver.
Speaker 2: Nuggets, okay Well denver's been resting. Guys they just lost four in a. Row, yeah And Jamal MURRAY i thinks banged up. Here they could be a one and done.
Speaker 9: Here.
Speaker 2: Jokers never going to win another. Title not there In. Denver he's just not yes. Ma but luckily for, him he's on. Scholarship, yes because it was with The. Nugget, yes you have to win one if they're going to give you all those, MVPs because after a while they're gonna turn on. You they're gonna. Go, yeah but he doesn't win. Titles it's a regular season? Award are they going to do that to Shay gilgess OF okac doesn't win a?
Speaker 3: Title do they go? YEAH i don't know next. Year but they did dominate The?
Speaker 2: West well they they second, places double digit wins behind them twelve. Back, wow that's a big. Deal and that second place Team, houston My. ROCKETS i gave you a heads up in the. Preseason you, TA i? DID i said that was your? Team yes it. WAS i, said keep an eye on The. ROCKETS a Reed, Shepherd, YEAH i, know. Yea has he even?
Speaker 3: Played, no him And brownie are going back and forth in THE G.
Speaker 2: League who would you rather Have Reed shepherd Or Bronnie james.
Speaker 3: Doing that? Again how many more times can we really do?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 3: YEAH i, know well if YOU'RE.
Speaker 2: ESPN espn YESTERDAY i saw the repeat of this that they were going to talk about Alex.
Speaker 3: OVECHKIN i, Thought i'll be.
Speaker 2: Damned all, right, now we don't talk a lot of, hockey but we spent a lot of time on, this and rightfully, so it's an incredible. Record So i'm watching first take and they start talking about Alex. OVECHKIN i think they even had a hockey analyst ON Pk. Suban i'm, thinking all, right they're treating this like it's a real. Story you, know it's not about The cowboys or The, Lakers. Lebron they're going to talk about Alex, ovechkin And i'll be.
Speaker 3: Damned three minutes in.
Speaker 2: The topic goes To Lebron james AND i, go, GOD I i went like. THAT i was watching by, myself AND i, go all, RIGHT i gotta give you.
Speaker 3: Credit you did.
Speaker 2: It you Got lebron in with the Alex ovechkin all time, scorer AND i went and then all of a, sudden it had to do with who do you? Fear and then P k, subins a former hockey, player telling Me Michael jordan And Kobe, bryant those are the only two guys that you know players. Fear nobody Fears. LEBRON i, go what does this have to do With Alex. Ovechkin but they did, It they somehow did. It if they could have gotten The cowboys in.
Speaker 7: Theres record affect The cowboys draft, plans.
Speaker 3: Vein in the.
Speaker 5: Draft, yeah it is pretty easy to go from A vechkin To emmett and his record. Workshop, oh it didn't take very long for even a moron like me to connect those.
Speaker 2: Dots so which record would you rather? Have Alex ovachkins Or Emmett smith's rushing? Record that's. Next you're watching first Take Breaking Unbreakable. Records one scene As. UNBREAKABLE i was part of the machine for eighteen. Years THOUGH i GUESS i can, laugh but you, know back then we. Didn't there wasn't like mandatory you must talk about. This and this is all based off, analytics by the, way because if you see a topic, bar you're more likely to stay on. That if you, go, oh, wait what are they saying About? Lebron, Lakers Dallas. COWBOYS i get.
Speaker 3: THAT i just. COULDN'T i can't do. THAT i refuse to do.
Speaker 2: That there are times when you, Go, Okay i'm going to talk about this because it is, important it. Matters but if you're talking about what are The? Cowboys are they going to be better or worse this? Year why the? SAME i, mean shouldn't you say are The eagles going to be better or? Worse are the commander is going to be? Better, like you, know a true topic instead of what are we gonna talk about?
Speaker 3: TODAY i don't? Know how about the national? Title?
Speaker 9: Gent?
Speaker 2: No, no, no how about, UH i don't know cowboys? Record they're going to be better this? Year yeah that sounds?
Speaker 3: Good we? Good all?
Speaker 7: Right, yes there's a way to work it in almost. Anything if you want to do a segment about The, eagles you, say how do The cowboys catch The? Eagles and they by ignoring the? Commanders, yeah ca ands are much.
Speaker 2: Closer But i'm thinking they're talking, hockey And i'm, like all, right you, KNOW i SOMETIMES i love Hearing steve and a talk about subjects that he probably doesn't know much. About that's kind of, funny but all of a. Sudden it was boom right To lebron and then players you fear And i'm, like, damn that was. Quick that's. Good all, right let me take a, Break take a. Break Is Tyreek hill A hall Of famer? Already and we'll play fill in the blank as? Well and how do you think the cowby mean.
Speaker 1: Over?
Speaker 2: Under would you? Trade would you Draft Shodors? Sanders if you're the? Cowboy we'll take a. Break we're back after.
Speaker 1: This Fox Sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in the. Nation catch all of our shows At Foxsports radio dot com and within The iHeartRadio. App SEARCH fsr to listen.
Speaker 10: Live Hey Steve covino And I'm Rich david and together We're covino And rich On Fox Sports.
Speaker 11: Radio you could catch us weekdays from five to seven Pm eastern two to Four pacific On Fox Sports radio and of course The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 10: App why should you listen To covino And.
Speaker 11: Rich we talk about everything, life, sports, relationships what's going on in the.
Speaker 10: World we have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop. Culture stories that, well other shows don't seem to have the time to.
Speaker 11: Discuss and the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work. TOGETHER i mean that says, something, Right so check us. Out we like to get you involved. Too take your.
Speaker 10: Phone, calls chop it.
Speaker 3: Up as they, Say.
Speaker 11: I'd, say the most interactive show On Fox Sports, radio maybe the most interactive show on.
Speaker 10: Planetar be sure to check Out cavino And rich live On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio app from five to seven Pm eastern two to Four, Pacific and if you miss any of the live, show just Search koben On rich wherever you get your, podcast and of course on social media That's covino And.
Speaker 2: Rich, YES i lead an exciting. Life the final stages set for the G league And i'll be. Watching it'll be the O Ciola magic against The Stockton, kings so The Sacramento Kings Orlando MAGIC G LEAGUE G League finals that'll be tonight at eight.
Speaker 3: Eastern. Marvin i'll be texting back and forth with.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 8: Man we are bbw's bad basketball. Watchers oh, yeah BUT i don't. KNOW i was entertaining by watching, it, absolutely and it's good to see people that you haven't seen in a. While, yes, like, oh there's so and so From North.
Speaker 2: Carolina, yeah or our reigning slam dunk, champ who's been. GREAT i mean HE i don't know what he's, averaging but AND i still don't know if he can, shoot he can get to the hoop though he's averaging twenty six a. Game and he's not an in game dunker Though mac McClung and they even talked about. That he doesn't he's not an in game. DUNKER i was just back in the back AND i Saw, mario And mario, goes you know what today? IS i, said the anniversary Of Hank aaron Surpassing Babe ruth on the all time home Run. Liz he goes, NO i, said, well no it, is he, Goes, yeah it could be disappointment.
Speaker 3: DAY i wasn't going to bring it.
Speaker 2: Up it's thirty four minutes from The Sports emmy. Nomination oh, CRACT i know you know, what don't even there's no reason to even get. Disappointed, okay if we don't get, nominated then we'll let you see the highlights that we submitted and then you can, see you know that maybe what the judges did.
Speaker 3: See or didn't.
Speaker 2: See who thinks we're getting nominated coming up at Noon. Eastern, Oh Paulie, Todd marvin says, No seaton says. NO i, look if we get, nominated AND i think it's. WONDERFUL i don't think we're ever, win but just to get, nominated there's only thirteen people in the, building that's all we, have and we're going against you, know The mothership and everybody.
Speaker 3: Else so what we do is a huge. Accomplishment i'm, very very very.
Speaker 2: Proud i'm proud of that more THAN i am The Sports emmys That i've.
Speaker 5: Won, yes it is awesome to get nominated because the category that you're in is against Like. SportsCenter Sports center has you, know two hundred and seventy five associate producers.
Speaker 3: Alone you know WHAT i.
Speaker 5: Mean it's if you're doing like these that is an absolute juggernaut of a. Program so when you're nominated and you're in that final group of people Like Sports, center that's pretty.
Speaker 3: Awesome, yeah it, is that's pretty. Great i'm extremely proud of.
Speaker 2: That but, yeah thirty two minutes until they announced The sports semi, nominations AND i don't care about being nominated as a. Host but the, show it's a great. Show this is tough to do and, yeah we deserve to be in the same category and mentioned with those other.
Speaker 3: SHOWS i really feel THAT i always feel LIKE i.
Speaker 2: Have to explain what happened tomorrow of why we didn't get nominated for The Sports, emmy or if we happen to get, nominated and then we have to go and listen to Get you, know somebody else have their name Called.
Speaker 3: Yampong so we've.
Speaker 7: Been nominated five times For Best Daily Studio. SHOW i didn't know until about two years ago that if you're a nominee there is a like a framed award that you could, buy like a nominee. Plaque it's about ten by. TEN a GUY i KNOW i went in his office and he had a bunch of, Them, LIKE i, go where'd you get?
Speaker 3: Those his name Is Saw. SAPs, YEAH i got five of. Them that, guy your, friend your, buddy who's got five of? Them of Their Saul.
Speaker 7: SAPs but he showed me the website where but you have to go on click on it and order it and pay for.
Speaker 3: It that seems weird to do. WELL i would have bought a plaque each time for The Man.
Speaker 7: Cave it's Per, yeah you could do that or each person on a show could buy a nominee plaque to put in their.
Speaker 2: Office, well weird to do thirty one minutes until they make the announcement sports.
Speaker 3: Chewing oh? Crazy Is Tyreek hill Already hall Of? FAME i know we've been. Teasing maybe he can buy an Almost hall Of famer? Plaque? Wow, Yes Baul Tyreek.
Speaker 7: Hill let's start with as a return. Man as a, rookie he was first Team All pro as a return, man so that goes on to his docket as. Well it's a way to start his. Career then he became a full time wide receiver in twenty twenty eight twenty. Eighteen four out of the next six years he was first Team All. Pro, okay he's thirty years old with Four all.
Speaker 2: Pros he's had over seventeen hundred yards, twice finish top TEN mvp voting, twice and was Second Offensive.
Speaker 3: Player of The year voting in twenty twenty. Three he's A hall Of famer now he?
Speaker 9: Is?
Speaker 3: Yeah but No Super? Bowl right? One Super bowl twenty.
Speaker 2: Nineteen, OKAY i wonder If i'll save, It, okay save it until What, well a guy like.
Speaker 7: Him if he could HAVE i Guess i'm, saying, like if he could have a due over and stay for less money with The, chiefs would he have done so.
Speaker 3: Because they had to get rid of them because he.
Speaker 2: Was, YEAH i saw the quote where he says he needs one more Super. BOWL i thought he'd said he needs a Super, bowl but he needs one more Super. Bowl, yeah He's he's A hall Of.
Speaker 3: Famer all.
Speaker 2: Right time to play fill in the. BLANK i read a, statement and then you fill in the. Blank seaton loves playing fill in the, Blank, Todd i'm gonna start with.
Speaker 3: You THIS ncaa tournament was Blank.
Speaker 4: March blandness until the last three games in.
Speaker 12: Parentheses all, right seatan Electric harvid better than people gave credit for. Competitive the future of THE ncaa tournament is blank.
Speaker 6: Time i'm going with a portal, potty gonna be very stinky and, messing.
Speaker 3: Okay SEATON O.
Speaker 5: Connor the future of THE ncaa basketball tournament is.
Speaker 2: Strong, marvin, Wealthy paul just. Fine getting master's tickets is, Blank, todd.
Speaker 4: Mission next to, impossible seatan.
Speaker 3: Fun marvin Expensive paul. Connections The dodgers losing a few games in a row is nothing to GET i got.
Speaker 4: IT i jumped.
Speaker 2: Here The dodgers losing a few games in a row is, Blank marvin hot seat For Dave, roberts.
Speaker 3: Seatan a real, Emergency paul kind of good for.
Speaker 2: Baseball Julio, Jones Tyreek, Kill Calvin, johnson And Toonio brown are all available in their. Prime i'm starting my team With, Blank, Todd.
Speaker 4: Antonio, brown with appropriate, Mids.
Speaker 3: Seaton Antonio, Brown Marvin Antonio, Brown, Paul Calvin.
Speaker 2: Johnson i'll Say Calvin. Johnson, Yeah i'll Say Calvin. JONES i, mean you can't go wrong with any of these. Guys but it feels Like Antonio brown And Tyreek hill can get.
Speaker 3: It they can get open no matter.
Speaker 2: What they're so great off the line of, scrimmage and if you can't get your hands on, them oh my, goodness it's just Like i'm Gonna i'm gonna catch ten balls.
Speaker 3: Today, Yes, marvin those guys were fast and. Quick, yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah you watch you know the WHEN hbo did hard knocks on them on The dolphins and you're just focused On Tyreek. Hill there was a camera on, him AND i don't know how you cover. HIM i, don't but it does feel like and he is you, know a. Diva he loves to send out these cryptic messages like, wait what's he?
Speaker 3: Saying? Wait does he want out Of?
Speaker 2: Miami AND i Think miami is in a Real this is a must must win situation for The, dolphins for their head coach and their quarterback and THEIR. GM i think this is must win time BECAUSE i feels like COACHING gm are hanging in the, balance and with them is that? Quarterback AND i JUST i don't know what the you, know the cap hit and all that stuff, Is but With, Tua, GOD i never would have paid him. That that's just it's Like Dak prescott.
Speaker 3: And dak is injury.
Speaker 2: Prone now he's thirty two and you're paying him sixty million dollars and then you got ta and we all hold our breath of is he going to stay? Healthy and even, then is he going to lead you to the next? Level can he win a playoff? Game can he go on the road and win a playoff? Game because chances are you're not going to be better Than Buffalo AND i don't know if he, can but, yeah it feels like that's a real make or break season for. Them jay And delaware joins This Hi, jay what's on your mind?
Speaker 3: Today?
Speaker 13: HEY dp had just first off WHEN i Heard seatan say he was definitively worse as a dancer than a golf, rodger just instantly Picture Elaine bennis dancing on the dance. Floor and to your pole, QUESTION i feel like baseball is probably the worst. ONE i JUST i sit there and watch, Gamecast i'm i phone THROUGH, espn and when it stays strike out, Looking i'm just, like what are you? Doing AND i think it's the worst one because it's the only one where it's one on one and it's down to. You so if you strike out, looking that's the. End and with The masters, LEARNING i feel like the worst thing in sports is you play great golf for four, days you're in the playoffs and on that eighteenth toll you miss like a four foot put to lose The. Masters to, ME i feel like that's probably the worst thing in.
Speaker 2: Sports all, Right, well thank you for the phone. Call there each seven seven to, THREE dp show email Address dpadanpatrick dot. Com scott Van pelt will join us From. AUGUSTA i believe coming up Tomorrow Van, pase that is. Correct thank, You Tod craig In. Kentucky Hi, craig what's on your mind?
Speaker 3: Today Hey, dan.
Speaker 9: Thanks for taking my. Call longtime listener Since bibble and fifth time. CALLER i hear you guys talking about DJing or dancing at, weddings AND i got a little trap that you want to be wary. Of So i've been djan since nineteen eighty. Six and if before the dancing starts they get everyone out for a group picture on the dance, floor it's a trap because what we do is as soon as we take the, picture music comes on and you've got to swim upstream back the other. Way so if they ask you to do a big group picture with everybody, there don't go for. It, also do you and all the Dan nets remember your couple's first dance at your?
Speaker 3: Wedding? YEAH i.
Speaker 2: Do now let me go back to give me the song that's played at a reception that is never played at any other.
Speaker 3: Place oh, geez.
Speaker 1: That's that's a good.
Speaker 9: ONE i don't. Know you don't see a lot of line dancing at nightclubs. Anymore And i'll tell you. One the most perfect song ever written for any wedding in any, Place ain't Them Mountain High high, Enough Marvin, GAY i can get anyone to dance in any. Situation, really ain't them mountain high enough after eleven o'clock because they're all liquored up and they're ready to. Go and everyone knows that. Song it's been in, movies it's been around, forever and it's about people just like getting together and they're singing to each. Other and that's another. Thing so you don't want to. Dance go out for the call and response, songs the ones that are, like you, know Sweet, caroline stuff like. That you don't have to dance to.
Speaker 3: That but do you have a. Formula i'm guessing for every wedding that you, do.
Speaker 9: Yes and, no you got to kind of you always got to read the. Crowd when a band, plays the people come out to see. You when you're doing a, wedding you got to win them over within like four. Hours so the only formula is THAT i kind of adhere to is older, music, early newer music, late and you just got to kind. OF i always also watch the bar and see how they're porn and what they're. Porn if they're, poor if they're porn, HARD i can Do Berry man. Alone it's gonna.
Speaker 3: Work have you ever gotten yelled?
Speaker 9: At oh, yeah oh yeah. YEAH i had a bride one time demand THAT i drink tequila with her AND i didn't want to do. IT i didn't want to lose my. Edge and she, SAYS i own you for. Tonight SO i had to drink tequila with.
Speaker 3: Her thank, You, craig thank. You.
Speaker 2: YEAH dj was always in you, know you're just in control and if you're doing it, right everybody loves.
Speaker 3: You who is?
Speaker 2: It Samantha ronson isn't a she a FAMOUS? Dj her Brother Mark? Ronson she had a.
Speaker 3: Movie Sam ronson had had a thing for a while.
Speaker 2: There when din't she going out With Lindsay lowhand or SOME i think something like the dating somebody like.
Speaker 3: That, Yeah, paul if.
Speaker 7: You were A dj at a, wedding would you want the bride and groom to give you like a list of songs to?
Speaker 3: Play? Sure wouldn't that make it? Easy? Yeah, yeah that would be a good. THING i. Think, WELL i think they do that and they want to hear their. Songs, yes ton.
Speaker 4: Selling a list of songs not to play because not to be really uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Too Marvin, gay ain't no mountain high? ENOUGH i don't. Know never heard that at a wedding.
Speaker 2: BEFORE i haven't, either but Sweet, Caroline, yeah thank.
Speaker 3: You, buttercup you feel me?
Speaker 12: Up whoa what do you field?
Speaker 3: Me, yeah Butter, Cup, yes you don't play man at.
Speaker 4: Work it's a. Mistake i'm assuming that's not going to be in the air of.
Speaker 3: Rotation, yeah thank, you, Ton, yes, Yes. Pauline celebration By cooling The gang is a one. Seed, Yeah september By Earth Winning. Fire that's.
Speaker 8: Good, yes that's amazing because celebration was on my do not. Playlist oh, OKAY i had certain songs Like Whitney, HOUSTON i want to dance with. SOMEBODY i hate that. Song so that's. Enough The Chicken, Dance.
Speaker 2: No, no, no no no no no no no no no no, no, no no no.
Speaker 3: NO i THINK i think that was.
Speaker 2: It The Electric slide, though and The Chashaw slade in The Electric boogloo and The Cupid shuffle and all, right last call for phone, calls what we, learn what's in store? Tomorrow They's day in sports. History right after, this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition Of The Dan Patrick show weekdays at nine Am eastern six Am pacific On Fox. Sports radio and The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Wapp anything to watch tonight aside from THE G League finals That i'll be Watching Celtic's, Nicks Lakers. THUNDER i just don't know what kind of lineup The thunder are going to put out there Now tomorrow, Night dallas and The. Lakers i'm curious how important that aim is for both of these. Teams, like you, Know dallas is a mess right, now but how important is it to win that? Game The lakers they want to keep. Winning this day in sports, History Paul.
Speaker 7: Dan there's just. One it's one of the biggest of all. Time nineteen seventy, Four Hank aaron hit home run seven fifteen to Break Babe ruth's home run.
Speaker 3: Record did it off The dodgers owl.
Speaker 2: Downing the amazing part Is Hank aaron didn't hit tip tape measure. SHOTS i don't know if he had a home run where somebody went you know that's four hundred. Feet that's just not how he hit his home. Runs he And Mike schmidt used their. Wrists they snapped their wrist and when somebody, says where do you get all your? Power if you Watch Mike schmidt and he just was a flick of his, wrist And hank had such strong wrist and he would flick. It and you, Know atlanta was known as the launching pad in the old, stadium and, uh you, KNOW i would always marvel with. That it just didn't seem like you, know you'll see a golfer sometimes you, go how is that guy hitting it that? Far And Hank aaron just had that ability to be able to just flick. It on this, day in two thousand and, One tiger won The. Masters he was sixteen, under so that gave him a win in all four majors in a span of two hundred ninety four, days known as The Tiger. Slam he was a combined sixty five under in those four.
Speaker 3: Majors.
Speaker 2: Yeah stat of The day brought to you By Panini. America it was on this day in nineteen ninety three this player became the first player to hit home runs from each side of the plate in the same. Inning nineteen ninety, three nineteen ninety. Three he was one of my favorite rotisserie players to. Have Marvin Ruben Sierra, Wow, No.
Speaker 3: Paul George, Bell.
Speaker 2: NO i think he was only a right handed, hitter BUT i respect the Name todd Or. Seaton do you have a Nominee.
Speaker 4: Albumrie of The orioles ol.
Speaker 2: Bumri, Okay Barry, Larkin Barry. LARK i don't think he was a switch.
Speaker 3: Hitter, no, uh he played For.
Speaker 2: Cleveland he was a second baseman For cleveland nineteen ninety.
Speaker 3: Three Marvin Carlos.
Speaker 2: Carlos bye bye by erga. Nice, yes that WAS i did not. Know first player to uh homer from each side of the in the same. INNING i know pretty.
Speaker 3: Good uh.
Speaker 2: So Scott van pel will join us on the program. Tomorrow let me see any the final results of the poll question see right.
Speaker 5: Now forty eight percent of the audience and not getting a shot off is the worst way to end the game sixty eight percent or better at golf than. Dancing this is a controversial one that we didn't really get. To if we can only keep One todd's one dining moment Or pandora's stat of the day right, now if we can only keep, one we're Keeping todd's one.
Speaker 3: Shot no one said that we have to get rid of.
Speaker 5: Either i'm just, saying but if we could only keep, One.
Speaker 3: I'm not getting rid Of pandora's version of stat of the day of The, jay start of the. Jay we love your, status the day start of The, jay data the. Jay oh, damn give us day that's. Hot thank. You he feels so.
Speaker 12: Yucky Oh, dan give, Us.
Speaker 1: Oh, dan give.
Speaker 3: Us that's.
Speaker 5: Hot it's, like, yeah it's. Hot in like the waitress had a diner at three thirty. Am, yeah and kind of, way which is.
Speaker 3: Hot it's. Hot i'm not saying it's just a different. Brand, yeah she's the last call.
Speaker 4: Hot, yeah give.
Speaker 3: Us it's Just i'm truly a very nice, woman very lovely. WOMAN i think it's. Hot, sorry, okay, YEAH i think it's. Hot, todd what is this about the home run call With Hank.
Speaker 4: KAREN i was going to reenact it if you wanted to have a little fun with.
Speaker 6: That it's not the exact, words But i've heard it many times THAT i was going to just have a little fun with the call of the seven hundred and fifteenth home.
Speaker 3: Run, okay we have to do. It, no, no go, in let me.
Speaker 4: Hear here's the Pitts by down and there's a long. Drive this might be It's i'm, gone it's.
Speaker 1: Gone it's seven.
Speaker 4: Fifteen it's seven.
Speaker 14: Fifteen there's a new home run king that It's Henry.
Speaker 3: Aaron, okay thank, You, TON i just thought i'd suggested.
Speaker 5: That so that suggests if you wanted me to reenact it there.
Speaker 2: Instead of saying To, Marvin, Hey, marvin can you find the? Call the actual?
Speaker 3: Call that is. Fun you did a good. Job you made it about.
Speaker 13: You.
Speaker 5: Congratulations never same impression as the ball getting Through buckner's.
Speaker 3: Legs it's the exact.
Speaker 6: Same here's the pitch By stanley as a ground, ball, trickling, trickling that's.
Speaker 14: My buckner rounding third. Night imament's win it they. Win unbelievable The Red sox and stun. Disbelief Oh, dan give us.
Speaker 2: All of a Sudden pandora sounds pretty, Good, todd would you learn on today's program you're very excited.
Speaker 4: To have Receeen manut bowls warm up pants onom his day's playing with The.
Speaker 2: Sixers, ah it's a great. GIFT i just have to figure out how to display them in the man, Cave. Satan, YEAH i forgot just how Gigantic manut bowl. Was, Yes, marvin you'd rather to be a great. Dancer, Yeah i'm already a great.
Speaker 3: Golfer paul some of us can.
Speaker 2: Dance thanks for putting up with. Us we look forward to talking to you. Tomorrow have a great, day, everybody