Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to another edition of the KSR pre Show. Today is Thursday, May first. I am Billy Right Luge along with Shannon the Dude. You can give us a call in the Clark's Pumping Shop phone line. That's eight five nine two eight oh two two eight seven textas at five oh two. Uh, I don't remember the number, Shay.
Speaker 2: Five nine two eighth twenty two eighty seven.
Speaker 1: That's the phone number. What the text line, Shamon five oh two two six five six six five six.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: There you go. Yeah, sorry, folks, I got a lot on the mind today. I'm in the New Louisville Building here with Shannon the Dude, who's actually in another room. I came to do the show here with Shannon, but due to the technology here at iHeart, we have to do the show in the other room.
Speaker 3: Well, mostly due to the fact that we don't have a producer for this show. I have to sit over here in the producer chair. But here's what I'm going to do. I'm gonna come over there with you right now, all right, So if you'll give me like five seconds, I'm gonna go from this duty. Because you came all the way from Lexington, and I'm not gonna sit here when I'm literally ten feet away from you in another room and look at you on a video screen. I want to see Billy R Sports in the flush. So I'm coming over there right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well, I mean, who wouldn't I mean, come on over right there, hang on, you guys should see the room that Shannon works in. I mean, we got French fries on the ground. There's an unknown substance on the board. I mean, there really is something going on in the closet that Shannon sits in every day. But I guess he'll leave the controls there.
Speaker 2: I am there, he is.
Speaker 3: I mean, everybody, it's okay. I'm here to save the show. Happy birthday, Oh thank you, Happy birthday. So how does it feel now that you're no longer in your twenties, Billy our Sports? Now thirty years old? You're so old. Look at all those wrinkles, gray hair, My gosh, happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Buddy, Thank you man. I appreciate it. You know, I've already had my midlife crisis, changing my hair a little bit, getting some banks. I'm going to Thrby today with the fiance. So that's why I'm a little dressed up and I came to do the show in Louisville. But man, it's tough to put a word on it, right, because when birthdays come around, you can't help but be a little sentimental, right and look back. But you know, Shannon, I'm looking forward. I'm so excited about what's a hat head? And you know my bones starting to ache in my thirties and all the things that start to come with old age. You're an old timer, Shannon, so well we respect here in these coming years.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, if you're like me, you still feel like you're in your twenties. But I was just reading this story and doing a little show prep for the afternoon show that says that staying in is the new going out, right, So I think it's your generation that likes to stay home on a Friday or Saturday night instead of actually going out. Like when I was in my teens and twenties, thirties, every Friday and Saturday night it was on, you hit the bars. And you know where we were right here where I'm standing, because this used to be We're at four Street Live in Louisville. This used to be the old rock bar, right, So I would come here and party, and right here I've probably done a lot of shots right here where I'm standing. And every you know, every Friday Saturday night you go out, you wouldn't go out till eleven o'clock maybe midnight. You'd shut her down at four o'clock in the morning. Now on a Friday night, I'm in bed by midnight, mostly because I gotta GetUp at five o'clock in the morning to be here to do six shows right right.
Speaker 1: And you're a little older now, But it seems like the generation today, instead of maybe going to the bars, they may play some video games at home, or they want with their phone.
Speaker 3: They want to sit home on a Friday night and play with their TikTok they like.
Speaker 1: In Hulu and things like that. Shannon, the Derby is coming up. So I was clearing some space on my phone yesterday. I have nineteen thousand photos.
Speaker 2: Thousand Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that a large amount? Oh?
Speaker 2: My, yeah, that's all.
Speaker 1: I wanted to ask you, how many photos do you have on your phone? Because I thought nineteen thousand was kind of crazy, ten thousand of them being screenshots.
Speaker 3: I have two thousand, seven hundred and twenty two.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, what is wrong with me?
Speaker 3: We have nineteen thousand?
Speaker 1: I have nineteen thousands.
Speaker 3: Do you pay for space on your phone?
Speaker 1: I do, but I over I exceeded all the time. I pay like ninety nine cents for more iCloud storage, but I'm way past that. So I'm trying to make some more storage available so i can do some of these interviews.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: If I'm going to be at Derby all day, I'm gonna have to some stuff. And it gave me that moment to kind of go through the years. I mean, you go through nineteen thousand photos, you almost you see your entire life, right, or at least the last twelve or thirteen years that I've had with this phone, And man, I cannot be more grateful. And I mean that my family, my friends, and my support system. I am truly rich beyond belief. The paychecks may not show it, Shannon, but I am luckier than millions of people, billions of people in this world. And a lot of that has to do with the guys that I see every day with KSR. I can't thank you and Drew, and Ryan and Matt and even Mario enough for accepting me into the family and making this a fun job. Man, I don't know how you feel about this industry. You're an entertainer, Shannon. You're an OVW, you're in a rock band, you do the radio stuff. I mean, I don't go to work and think about it as a job ever, And I think that's a really special thing to have.
Speaker 3: You're really getting sentimental in your old age. You know that.
Speaker 1: Well, I had to do something like I'm not going to cry here on the air. But look, I mean it's it's hard not to think about.
Speaker 3: It back like you're retiring or something. You're just getting started.
Speaker 1: Bro, Now this is it, Shannon, Yeah, walk into the sunset after this. But I mean I've been dreading this birthday for a while. I mean really, yeah.
Speaker 3: See, I don't think about that at all, at least I try not to. It's just, you know, as they say, age is just a noble.
Speaker 1: I've hated every birthday after twenty one, and they kind of lose their value, right, I mean, twenty six you get kicked off your parents' health care. Yeah, I mean every year after twenty one, it feels like you just get closer.
Speaker 3: To here's the thing. Enjoy it because the next ten years are gonna go by really fast, and you're goula be sitting here.
Speaker 2: Going I'm forty now.
Speaker 1: No no, no, oh yeah, oh yeah, don't say that.
Speaker 3: Yep, it'll happen. It happened to me, it'll happen to you.
Speaker 1: See I was twenty one saying I never turned thirty, so I've already found myself in this boat. But eight five nine two a two two eight seven, we'd love to hear from you today. I mean, how do you celebrate birthdays? What is it that is most special to you when this special day comes along? I'm just glad I'm here with Shannon the Dude in studio. That's what a concept to do the show in person.
Speaker 3: I know, right, You and I have to look the screen every day because you're in Lexington. I'm here in Louisville. But yeah, so when people call in, here's what I'm going to do today?
Speaker 1: Are you going to do well?
Speaker 3: I can't answer the phones from this studio that I'm in, So anytime somebody calls in A five nine two eight h twenty two eighty seven, I'm gonna have to just leave and go over and answer the phones in the other studio because we have no producer.
Speaker 1: You're running to the other roo.
Speaker 3: I'm literally sitting in and wearing multiple hats and sitting in multiple seats throughout the show.
Speaker 1: Well, before you leave today, make sure you clean up your French fries on the floor. Oh yeah, clean up whatever was on the board in there, Shannon. I mean, you're getting a little dirty over there.
Speaker 3: There's people that you know, like, I'm not the only one, although yesterday I will say I think I was the old I was. After the show wrapped yesterday, I left the studio, did a lap around the building inside and at first I thought there was a COVID outbreak again because there was one other person in then this entire building, and I goes today a day off. I didn't get the memo. I was the me and one other guy were the only people in the building yesterday?
Speaker 1: And where were they all at?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: I have my guesses.
Speaker 3: I'm going to guess the track.
Speaker 1: I saw the photos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh you saw the photos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, office went to the track yesterday, Shannon.
Speaker 3: So wait a minute, are you serious?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's all on Facebook.
Speaker 3: Some of us, some of us actually got to sit here and actually do some more art timers.
Speaker 1: That's what I was gonna ask you, Shannon. So, so whence my day off? Do I just get the leave right now?
Speaker 3: There's day Yeah, do I get the leave right now because there's horses racing.
Speaker 1: Hey, look, I'm going to Derby right after this, Shannon. And this is technically a work day for me too, unbelievable, too many shows to do. You've got to take some stuff off your plate, so you can just go to the track during the middle of the day. Now, speaking of the track, Simply Joking will be making its Oaks run tomorrow. I'm sitting here with one of the owners of Simply Joking and made it to Chaos Bar and Grill yesterday, and Shannon called me and he's like, Hey, can you can you pick me up one of those hats, the Simply Joking hats, the owner's hat. Yeah, owner's hat. Matt was giving them away at the bar last night for people that would just come up and say hi, So, yeah, I'd love one before Oaks. Sure, Shannon, I'll get you one. At Ks Bar and Grill I get there. They got no hats, Shannon, So you had no hats, no hats. Unfortunately, they gave them all away to the I guess the patreons, patrons at the bar the other night. So the owner, Shannon doesn't get.
Speaker 3: So okay, So who did the giving away of the hats?
Speaker 1: Well, I think it was Matt that was doing most of the giving away.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'm an owner of this horse. It's an owner's hat, and Matt's giving away all the hats to people who aren't owners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just excited. Maybe they bought some shares and showed Matt and they're an owner as much as you are.
Speaker 3: Shannon. That checks out.
Speaker 1: I hate to bring be the bearer of bad news, but I don't have an owner's hat for you. I also don't have tickets for you to go to the Oaks either. As we learned yesterday, people are calling Churchill Downs to try to get tickets after they buy some micro shares.
Speaker 3: I can't believe somebody had the audacity to call in and go, you know what, owner here, do you have any of those ticket tucking get there for the owner's box.
Speaker 1: Well that's a billy our sports move, is it not. I mean, I'm an owner. I think I should get some tickets. I mean, if that my horse wins. You better believe I'm running down to the Winter Circle media credential or not. Shannon's right, but I guess that backfired a little bit. So do not call Churchill downs if you are an owner of simply joking. But we are in the middle of Derby week. I am going to Thrby later today, Shannon. Have you ever been to Thrby?
Speaker 3: Or is this a week that you avoid? Try to avoid at all cost if I can. Thirty By the way, can we agree is the cringiest most I mean, just ridiculous, least creative name we could possibly have for the Thursday before Derby. Why can't we just call it Thursday before Derby.
Speaker 1: Wins Thirby two?
Speaker 3: And we got Bibo Tuesday Wednesday Thirby.
Speaker 1: You're not in the spirit, Shannon, No, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Look, I love the vibe all week. Like coming in today, I thought, you know, the traffic would be crazy because everybody getting down to the track, nobody on the road. I don't think anybody's going to work. I think that nobody's going to work this week. But I love the party atmosphere. I love the vibe of it. That's that's what I'm here for or the parties, not the horse race.
Speaker 1: Well, it means a lot to this city's culture, right and you can tell I mean the city is buzzing.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Hopefully our guys find a place to do the show tomorrow, because I learned, as just as you guys did on the air the other day, that Matt is going to try to find a place to do the show on Friday and your Churchill downs. The one requirement is a hardline internet connection.
Speaker 3: Seems like that might be the job for I don't know the gm GM Billy, So you're calling some businesses and seeing who you can get because I feel like that's, you know, kind of your job now.
Speaker 1: Not involved in this process right now, I guess people texting the text line and letting Matt know if they have a spot or not. But if you do want to offer something away, you can tweet us at Billy r Sports, at Shannon the Dude. Matt said there's a chance they had found Ryan's guy that threw him in the mud.
Speaker 2: Do you believe him?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think. I don't think we found that guy. Now, there could be somebody out there who maybe claims that they were that person just because they want the spotlight on them. But I don't think that that person. I mean he's still out there, I mean, assuming they're still alive. Yeah, they're still out there somewhere.
Speaker 1: They're out there. They're on the loose. But I feel for my guy Ryan Lemon a little bit, don't you. It does seem like it ruined the Derby experience for them for him, and he's not even.
Speaker 2: Going to Oaks.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's going to do that show and then just go right back home. So it seems like the spirit of the Derby has lost Ryan. But hopefully we do end up finding that guy one time.
Speaker 3: I'm getting some messages that are saying that our MIC's sound very muffled, so I may actually have to go back to the producer's studio after all.
Speaker 2: Closet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm using the female mic over here.
Speaker 3: It could be here. Jump on that other one and see if that one was any better that one right there next to you.
Speaker 1: Can you still hear me over here? Check one too?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That sounds yeah. I think he may have been on the female microphone.
Speaker 1: Come on, now, there's no pink ribbon over here though, Shannon.
Speaker 3: There's no pink ribbon on any of these micro One of these, though, is set up to be for female voices, so they've adjusted the Q level on them for females. And I think that you may have been talking on that. Well, that's just that's great. Yeah, that's a that's a great way to start the show. Five nine two eight oh two two eight seven.
Speaker 1: Mark Pope joined John Rostein on his podcast yesterday, and we've got to talk about some of the takeaways from that. Very excited about it. Otega Oway has a beautiful future, Shannon, So we've got some experience that we're gonna hit and talk about it much more. I have some thoughts on Tyrese Haliburton's father and the square up you have of Giannis the other day, and I want to talk about the roles of dads and sports because I one of the reasons why I can't wait to be a dad, Shannon, is because I you know, I don't want to turn into the Little League parent, but I feel like I am, oh, you do definitely.
Speaker 3: Would be well you know what I say that I think you would have Marissa go out there. I'm like, hey, that's a bad call. Go tell that that's a bad call.
Speaker 2: That would be you.
Speaker 1: So she's going to be the one screaming.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I let's let's talk more about it in a bit, because you know, while I understand why Hilburton's dad did this, there cannot be a place for that. And you know it's a celibratory day. So we're gonna have a fun show, much more on the way, no matter what studio will be doing.
Speaker 3: Dude, do I need to go? I guess I need to go to the other studio to hit the button because I can't throw it to break right.
Speaker 1: All right, Shannon's gonna run in back to his dirty studio here as we figure things out. We are in the Louisville Building today on this Thursday edition of the KSR pre Show. Shannon the Dude and Billy Rutland. All right, thank you, we'll be right bad. What a train wreck of a show this is. This is already a ridiculous show. It's a Thursday edition of the KSR pre Show. Hopefully the MIC's sound a little bit better. We've moved into the closet that Shannon usually sits in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're now just a foot apart.
Speaker 1: I mean we're shoulder to show.
Speaker 2: We're going to sit on my lap.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is the most enclosed space that I've ever done our show in before with somebody else. But hey, we're gonna make it work. People are saying it was just your microphone, Shannon, but you know what, that's okay. We're not gonna let you ruin the show today. One person said, happy birthday, Billy, but quit talking like you're an old man. I'm in my earth sixties and can still hang with my twenty one year old son. Well, I did start the show with memory law Shannon forgetting the text line, So maybe I am getting closer to that sixty mark than maybe I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll sneak up on you quick, so so enjoy your thirties though, thirties will be a lot of fun for you.
Speaker 1: Also, people telling me how many photos they have on their phone, Shannon. This person says thirty nine thousand photos on their phone. I'm sure they're over their iCloud limit as well. Also, another one says thirty six thousand, So maybe you're in the mine army having only like two thousand?
Speaker 3: Did I mean yeah, two thousand though my phone's already out of storage. Yeah, And I've got like the latest iPhone. I'm just not giving in and spending whatever they want me to a month to buy more iCloud space.
Speaker 2: I'm just not doing it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not either, and that's why I am well over the limit. But we will have to clear our storage another time. You've got a little OVW match tonight, is that right?
Speaker 2: Not a match?
Speaker 3: But I will be well, I don't think I have a match, but I will be there at Waterfront Park.
Speaker 2: Pegas's pin will get you in. That's all you need. That's your admission, and as.
Speaker 3: Long as the rain holds off, we're gonna be Okay. I'm a little concerned about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's coming.
Speaker 2: We will be there.
Speaker 3: So I know that tomorrow and Saturday we're supposed to get some rain in Loubell So you have to make the poncho your fashion statement this weekend if you're going out to the track.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And unfortunately I don't have a poncho, so we're going to be spending the eight dollars to get one at the track, I'm sure. Also, did we figure out the results of the Great Steamboat Race yesterday?
Speaker 3: Shannon, Well, you said that the we were the most uninformed radio show, according to somebody, because we didn't know that the Bell of Lobo had a leak and wasn't able to compete yesterday. So no, I didn't have any interest once I saw that the Bell of Lobel was out of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we're gonna stay uninformed and not even give you the result of who won that fake race.
Speaker 2: Don't care anymore, but it is.
Speaker 1: It is a fun and festive time. Shannon, Let's talk about family members for a second. Okay, because I've got two stories involving family members. I teased one of them, but here's the other one. The NFL find the Falcons two hundred and fifty thousand dollars and defensive coordinator Jeff Olbrich one hundred thousand dollars over the Shader Sanders phone number leak the prank phone call by defensive coordinator's son Jacks. I just want you to think for a second, chanton if you were a twenty twenty one year old college student and a mistake that you made just cost your dad to have to spend one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but how much is dad making?
Speaker 1: Ah? Yeah, I mean six times that probably and he's badly done it for multiple years, so he's in a different tax bracket down.
Speaker 2: That wouldn't be very happy, though.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't think that his stupid son decided to pull a prank like that, and you know, there had to be some sort of punishment otherwise, you know, anybody could do it.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: One hundred thousand dollars, I think that both of them deserve to be fined. How much was the Sun find? Well, the Sun wasn't find anything, so should be fine. I think we should take money. You're going to find the I'm going to find that. I'm going to find the kid, college kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean maybe not if he's you know, the son of a defensive coordinator of the NFL, but you're gonna take it to him person.
Speaker 2: We need to find the kid, not just dad.
Speaker 3: You know Dad should be punished too because he left his iPad open and trusted his son. Yeah, but the sign, I mean, what's he getting punished?
Speaker 1: He gets his Xbox taken away? Yeah, I can't use his cell phone for a couple of weeks. Yeah, Schadure was not the only prospect to get fake phone calls. Aubdul Carter also mentioned that he got a fake phone call from the Jaguars when they traded up to two before the Giants took him a couple picks later.
Speaker 2: So hopefully that prank was better than the one should door Sanders guy, Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was lame. He's like, well, you're just gonna have to keep waiting. But you know what, a cell phone bill that much probably made dad a little mad. And then the other thing I teased a little bit older was Tyrese Halliburton's father and Jannis after that game the other day. There were some more NBA games last night, but afterwards, Halliburton's dad comes onto the court to taunt Jannis. You know, he's waving things in his air right after the victory. It's completely foul. There's no place in sports for that. And a lot of times parents like to live vicariously through their kids, right so they can get taken away and lose sight of things. But Shannon, I feel like I'm gonna become one of those dads when I have a kidding.
Speaker 3: Well, that was definitely a little League moment, and how embarrassing to have dad out there. And then how about Shaq just defending it like, no, he should be out there, he's been out there all season.
Speaker 2: No, you should haven't been.
Speaker 1: Dead by shack.
Speaker 3: Look, dad's and moms stay out of your kid's business when it comes to where they're going to go to school, or you know, maybe if they're in the league and they just won a game, won the series, maybe you should just stay off the court, Like you shouldn't be out there mingling with the players, right. So yeah, I mean I think it's just an embarrassment. I mean, could you imagine if you, let's say you're in the NBA and your dad comes out there and starts fighting with one of the players. How embarrassing for you?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. I mean it's it's become the story of that game to a degree. And so you got to talk to dad and say, hey, cool it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My dad was always my coach when it came to little league in football and things like that, so I never had that experience. But my mom was always the loudest parent on the sideline, and I absolutely loved her for it.
Speaker 3: Did you get treated like x D not like you know, like, did you get preferential treatment or was your dad extra heart up your son? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's one way or the other.
Speaker 3: Usually, you know, like the coach is the dad and he baby's the kid, or he's extra hard on you more than he would be the other players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I would say I got babied a little bit. When we were playing football, I was always the quarterback, Shannon. Maybe the coach had something to do with that. But in baseball, he was always the assistant, and it was the other coach's son that was always the pitcher, and Shannon, coach's sons are the absolute worst. They are the worst because they come out there and they start pitching and they don't have the talent as three of those guys in the dugouts.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: But that's life, and that's what happens when the dad becomes the coach and you're able to reap the benefits of it. But I saw Halliburton's dad run out of the court there, and I felt like I saw shades of myself one day.
Speaker 2: Shannon.
Speaker 1: Hopefully it's not that embarrassing, But like Randy in South Park, I thought this was America. I just feel like there's some Little League nights in my future. There's no doubt, Shannon, do you remember any crazy moments like that during.
Speaker 2: Your little league day?
Speaker 3: No, No, it was mostly normal. Like my dad would help out. He would like in the little league he would be the assistant coach, but he wasn't out there arguing a caller. And now my grandfather was another story. He would sit there with his lawn chair, oh really, right behind home plate and just give the umpire hell for the entire game. And I loved it too, so but he did. I think one time he almost ran out on the field. I'm going, oh, you can't do that. Powpall, get back, get back.
Speaker 2: Somebody hold him back.
Speaker 3: He's ready to get out there and then get into a fight with the umpire.
Speaker 1: Well it's because he loves you, right, But arguing balls and strikes from behind the plate classic is hilarious.
Speaker 2: Tell you what else is classic? Draftking? Sports?
Speaker 1: Ring the bell?
Speaker 3: Hey, The DK horse app is what we're promoting this week. Derby week is here. Who will rise above the rest and be crowned king of the Track? You can find out with the DK horse app, the number one download a horse betting app. Head to the app right now, opt in and bet five dollars or more on a horse to win the derby, and if your pit crosses the finish line first, you're gonna want a share of a one million dollar prize pool. Download the DK horse app, use the code KSR horse. That's code KSR horse, and you bet five dollars. Your horse wins, you get that share of the million dollar prize. Pull only on DraftKings. The crown is yours. If you have a gambling problem, call on a tender gambler eighteen plus twenty one plus in certain states to open access an account and advance deposit wagering account and resident of a state where DK horse is available, eligibidy restrictions apply, void where prohibited. Opt in and place a five dollars straight bet to win on the derby. First eligible bet only must win to share one million dollars cash reward via click. The claim expires in thirty days ends May third. See terms at dkhorse dot com. Slash bet slash offer slash details.
Speaker 1: There you go. Bet on a little simply joking on Friday, We'll maybe give our derby horses on Friday, Shan, have you even looked at the field? Do you know any horses in the derby fies?
Speaker 3: I know two who journalism at the favorite, that's the favorite. And then Sandman Metallica and we talked about them a little bit. So those are the two that I know. Don't ask me any other questions. I'm gonna put some money on Sandman just because the name itself. Like I said, you know, I'm the same type of person when it comes to March madness as you know, the little old lady in accounting who picks teams based on colors and mascots, and that's how she picks her teams and ends up winning the office pool.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be me at the Derby. Nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 1: You pick the funny names, you'll probably win as much as me picking thinking I know what I'm talking about. We'll be right back here on the KSR pre Show. All right, welcome back. It is the KSR pre Show. Billy and the Dude.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be sipping any Bacardi out there at Churchill Downs today?
Speaker 1: I can't afford that, shan, I mean I have it's only twenty two dollars. Yeah, premium cocktail out there. Yeah, I'm sure they want to tip too. Right after I gotta buy one from the missus two that's fifty dollars for two drinks. I can't do it. I got Corey Price this morning, and I think people are saying I have the same haircut as that fun That is not real that Corey posted. That is eighth grade right there.
Speaker 3: It looks like you're wearing it looks like a kid wearing an adult wig.
Speaker 2: That's what that looks like.
Speaker 1: And shorts that are like four times too big for them. So the belt is on wearing the world.
Speaker 3: Like I thought your hair was bad when you got a haircut a month ago. That is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: That was skater boy Billy Sports back in the day, moving from Florida to Kentucky. That's right, I mean talk about style, Shannon. Tell me if you like this, We're going to talk about the Mark Pope interview in just a second. But now you see me. Three is coming to theaters later this year. They just released their first trailer. In a marketing stunt at New York Times, they had a billboard, okay, and for an hour they put a countdown clock and said text this number, and they put a number up on the screen. Everybody that texted that number within the time of the countdown clock received one hundred and nineteen dollars via Venmo.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, wow.
Speaker 1: They liked the promotion of paying people to try to go see your movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so I guess you didn't realize what you were going to get if you texted that correct and then you found out, Well, I guess I'm gonna be opted in on a lot more text.
Speaker 1: I saw that story. I said, that is Shannon the dude in a nutshell right there, trying to win a little money just to I gave you know, from marketing of a movie.
Speaker 2: Right now, have you seen Now? You've seen me one or two.
Speaker 1: I've seen one. I don't think i've seen the second one yet.
Speaker 2: Well, it wasn't good enough to see the second one.
Speaker 1: Now you see Me is not what I would say about the movie.
Speaker 2: But the first one was good.
Speaker 1: It's about the magicians, Shannon magician. Yeah, yeah, cool magicians.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to go into more detail than that to sell me on the.
Speaker 1: Well, how about I just get to nineteen night.
Speaker 2: I'll go watch it. Give me one hundred nineteen hours, I'll go watch that.
Speaker 1: Kind of genius, But bizarre that people are just getting paid to watch a movie. Now, Mark Pope was on John Rothstein's podcast yesterday and he had a lot to say Shannon, but it seems like he is very, very optimistic about the roster next year, and I mean rightly, So he wasn't going to be down about it, right I mean, it is coach speak to a degree, but to hear him talk about some of the newcomers, the possibilities of otega Oway coming back, and even the possibility of adding one more shooter to the roster, it's it kind of makes you think that, you know, the season's almost here, but it's not Shannon, despite that, but it's good here, Mark Pope yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I think you probably add we'll add one more shooters replace Travis Perry. And then you said if otega Oway comes back, I mean I hope that he does. Otherwise, you know, we're talking about a completely different team. I think that this roster is built around otega Away. He's your leader, he's your guy that's going to go out there and get you the most points every night. So yeah, let's just go ahead and bank on him coming back. And if that's the case, then I think, yeah, we all should be happy about the roster and excited about next season.
Speaker 1: Something he's also really excited about is continuity. Not a lot of it last year, really any of it as Kentucky became what was it, one of the first teams to win that many games with no returning score players or something like that. There's a statistic out there. But he's really excited about the returning guys. He even went so far to say that Brandon Garrison could be a superstar. Do you think he kind of takes that.
Speaker 3: Step, Like, I don't know that I would watch Brandon Garrison last year and think superstar Necessarily, I think important role player on the team. But you know, Mark Pope sees Brandon Garrison every day, he sees the improvements that he's making, and if he sees that there's superstar potential in Brandon Garrison, then I have no reason to doubt him. But you know, talking about continuity, obviously NIL has helped out a ton because before NIL players were just you know, the first chance they had to leave.
Speaker 2: And go to the NBA to go to the league, they were and who could blame them.
Speaker 3: But now that you've got guys that are, you know, right there on the cosp of the first and second round. They can now stick around for another year of college basketball and possibly get paid even more if you believe some of these nil numbers that are floating around out there get more to play another year in college than you would if you were a second round her. So yeah, I think that you know in that regard, and I l is definitely better for college basketball.
Speaker 1: I agree. During the interview, Colin Chandler facetimed Mark Pope another guy that I think we expect to take a big leap. I mean, that's it's kind of a secret weapon. I think Kentucky has people are sleeping on the Mormon mom Bush. Shannon, you think he can dig it done next year?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean if he gets the playing time that he got towards the end of the season.
Speaker 2: I don't know that he would have.
Speaker 3: If we weren't dealing with all the injuries, we probably never would have even seen him out there more than maybe a couple of minutes a game. But he's one of those guys though that he you know, he had his moment, he had his opportunity, and he went out there and he made the absolute best of it. So because of that, he may have earned himself some more minutes to this upcoming season.
Speaker 1: So it looks like two more things need to develop for this Kentucky basketball roster. Otega Oway and his return after getting looked at by the NBA evaluators. And then also, you know the possibility of getting maybe one more player, maybe somebody that would be willing to red shirt a year or or take that Travis Perry Roll now that TP is gone, wishing him the best of luck wherever he goes, and hoping that's Western Kentucky. I've got a couple more topics, but let's go to the phones for the first time today. Who's at first?
Speaker 2: Shannon, Well, you see it right there. You're in the production studio with me. Well, I'm there.
Speaker 1: You go locked in here here?
Speaker 2: Who is it? Says it right there? Paul and Minnesota. I can't see it's right in front of me.
Speaker 1: I'm getting old.
Speaker 2: You didn't drive here today, did you? I didn't? Okay, good, you can't see right in front of you.
Speaker 4: Hey, Paul, Hey guys, Happy birthday. Billy oh Man. This whole like parents and their kids in sports really hit me hard this week, like that Halliburton's dad is absolutely out of line. But I'm also a dad. My daughter high school soccer player, very high level soccer player at the school I have found. Yeah it was and uh, I yell constantly at games, to the point where my daughter's coach called me and said, Paul, stop yelling. So like I'm done. I've had to have hav it an epiphany. I was like, Paul, You've just got to shut up on the sidelines. Like, I get so much that parents are so into it. I've invested so much time energy into my daughter being an amazing soccer player, and now it's like I just got to shut up. So it was kind of fitting for me that this John Halliburton was a complete moron because it taught me a good lesson.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yelling is one thing, but going out on the court or on the field. Yeah, I mean, could you imagine if Paul in Minnesota just runs out there on the on the soccer field with his daughter starts yelling at the other players like.
Speaker 1: He might have as much as he was yelling.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, no, I have I have not done that. The other kids are off limits. Only only my daughter.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, a quick dad brag is she got picked. They took the top eighty players and then and she got selected, which is really cool. Wow, like a national tryout and stuff. So yeah, really really proud of that kid.
Speaker 2: She's a hard work You may have a future.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that, all right, Paul, good to hear from me. Man, Thank you for see you. You're about to class there there we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was just kind of like the kids that call into KSR doing it in between periods.
Speaker 3: But I feel like a lot of parents do that though, you know, Oh yeah, I was. I went for a walk in the park a couple of days ago and there was a there was a Little league game going on, and I'm sitting there just kind of looking at the parents and they're all, you know, right there right behind home plate, just like my grandpa wasn't up plate. But I didn't hear any like, you know, any outburst or anything.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, as a kid, it's embarrassing when dad is yelling, oh, go right, or you know.
Speaker 3: When dad cares more than the kid. That's when it gets to the level of all right, dad, let's comment hit her. Short, hit her.
Speaker 1: It's like one of the parents are screaming that about somebody that's coming up to bat like it's we're taking it too far. Now in the world of dads and sports, how do you feel about Lebron and Bronni? I mean, do you think he does a lot of parenting on the quarter? Do you think they act more like teammates.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess you got to have to do a little bit of both. But I don't know that would be really tough to do because he's your teammate, but he's also your son first, I would think, and to somebody who doesn't have any kids that I'm aware of, I don't really know.
Speaker 2: That I could do that. I don't think I could do that.
Speaker 3: Like, you're on an NBA team and here's your son who's not getting any playing time. Who I'm sure every dad in the world believes their son or daughter deserves.
Speaker 2: Playing time, even at the NBA level, That would be tough.
Speaker 1: And look, Lebron takes a lot of criticism, but when Steven A. Smith criticized his son, you saw Lebron confront Stephen A at a game, and you know, very ferociously so.
Speaker 3: But let's be real, though, if he were anybody else, he wouldn't be He wouldn't be in the NBA.
Speaker 1: Now, I love Mario, okay, but you know, Bronni is not an NBA player. I mean, just because you play well in the G League does not mean you deserve one of those spots on an NBA team. But that has got to be a weird dynamic.
Speaker 3: He's like, when you look at the roster, it's a game of which one of these doesn't belong.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Bronnie, Ronnie, what are you doing there? Go get some water for the real players water boys.
Speaker 1: See that's tough because now he comes into that league with everybody thinking he's a Nepo baby, and well he is. Well, yeah he is.
Speaker 2: Let's call it what it does.
Speaker 1: But it's also very cool. I mean, if I'm lebron, you get to play with your son, I think you take that if you can, sure, and the goat can, I guess, depending on who you ask. While we're talking basketball, let's give some thoughts and prayers to Georgia Amore, who suffered an ACL injury in her second practice with the Washington Mystic. I absolutely hate to see that the number six overall pick. There's no indication on how severe it is, but I mean that's awful to hear about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she is a competitor though, I mean, she doesn't have an alce of quit in her body, so she will definitely balance back from this. You hate to see it after just being drafted, but she'll be back and she'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think so. And if we're giving out thoughts and prayers, Shannon, did you see the Pirates fan that fell from the wall last night?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you showed me that during the break or I guess before the show today. I hadn't seen it before that, but yeah, that was crazy, Like I don't even know how that happens.
Speaker 1: It was like a twenty twenty one foot drop from the outfield wall in right field. The game had to stop for about ten minutes in the seventh inning because a Pirates fan flipped over, like multiple flips as he's.
Speaker 3: Falling to the career flips and looked like he landed on like his maybe his head.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 1: He was he was knocked out that he had They had to get a stretcher. I have not heard any update on the fan, but I.
Speaker 3: Don't think I've ever seen that, like, oh, it's happened before, but you know, usually it's like when a ball is hit like in the you know, the fans reaching out.
Speaker 2: I don't think the it wasn't even a home run ball, was it.
Speaker 1: No, No, it wasn't. So I don't know what he was doing. Maybe intoxicated. Probably the way he ran at the wall and then flipped over like that, it's just bizarre. I haven't seen anything like it.
Speaker 2: I think you'd finally seen enough being a Pirates fan.
Speaker 1: And a completely different situation compared to when you're climbing the stadium steps of like a Kroger Field, or if you go to like the Cincinnati Bengals game.
Speaker 3: There are some stadiums it's pretty damn steep. Ropperena being one up them. Yeah, I don't know if you've ever been up to the top at Ropperena. I have, but man, it feels like when you're walking down those stairs, like you're kind of on a slope. It feels like you're gonna fall off the edge of the earth.
Speaker 1: It's surprising this doesn't happen more often, honestly, with how steep those things are. So you be careful, folks, if you're in the upper deck of any stadium, because that is a cautionary tells Shannon, tell me about one of our sponsors before we go forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Billy.
Speaker 3: Addiction is hit Kentucky harder than anywhere. But there is hope and it's the book I Am Hope, Growing Up with an Attic by Stephen Hope. It's a true story and powerful resource to help break the cycle of addiction. And Stephen Hope is a proud native of Henderson County, Kentucky. Shares what it's like growing up as a kid uh and in a home with methaticts and his journey, his struggle resilience, and he offers insight for anyone looking for hope healing in a way forward. The audiobook features exclusive bonus material and I Am Hope is available right now on Apple Books and on Amazon. So if addiction has touched your life, this book can help. Give it a read or listen if you want to get the audiobook, it's I Am Hope.
Speaker 1: If I asked you to iron this shirt, could.
Speaker 3: You do it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: If you give me an iron, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to iron.
Speaker 2: Share you don't know how to iron now.
Speaker 1: I never ironed in my life, and I feel like this needs a little ironing.
Speaker 3: I mean you kind of just fill the iron up with water, plug it in, let it get hot.
Speaker 1: And just and then just kind of go over it and go over the creases.
Speaker 2: It's not that difficult. Or you know, you can always just throw it in the dryer. That helps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a definite.
Speaker 3: Or if you're in like a hotel, yeah, you just hang go get a hot shower, okay, hang the shirt up like in the bathroom. Little life hack here, yep, and that will also steam it out.
Speaker 1: Now. I've also heard you can use the coffee makers to clean your underwear.
Speaker 2: You don't want to do that.
Speaker 3: I mean that's I don't know if that's urban legend, myth or if it's actually happened.
Speaker 2: But you've heard the story.
Speaker 1: It is the pilots, right, it was the flight attendants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, always on the road, so they were washing their underwear in the coffee. I can't do it anywhere else while you go get the coffee from the lobby. If you're at a hotel, don't.
Speaker 2: Do it in your room.
Speaker 1: If it's got a continental breakfast, then Shannon will be happy, that's right. Probably not. We'll take a break and be right back here on the KSR apprecio. Well, the podcast listeners are going to miss this one, but uncomfortably close to Shannon the dude for him to be playing this.
Speaker 2: Birthday of songs.
Speaker 1: Here's this dirty closet here in the Louisville studio. Was having a great time though, eight five nine, eight oh two two eight seven. If you'd like to join the show, we have our first remote in a while coming up next Friday in Owensboro at the Kentucky Skin Cancer Center, and Shannon they have offered to give us all facials before the show starts. I have asked them if we could do your facial during the KOSR pre show. Would you be up for that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Absolutely. It might be a little difficult though, if they're what do they do? I guess the massage in your face, the ruby lotion on your skin might be kind of hard to talk with a headset on if I'm doing that, though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they're like taking the dead skin off of your face. If we could just get a headset on and a mic, it would be maybe shades of rine after a colonoscopy.
Speaker 3: I don't know that would be like that, but I just you know, there's a few logistical issues, but other than that, yeah, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, free facial just go Okay, I know you like your facial, so I just I wanted to sign it up for you here and make sure we can do it.
Speaker 3: We talked about we talked about one time I'm doing botox on KOSR Real and it never went any further than that.
Speaker 1: A lot of people get botox, like, oh, I mean that, and lit fillers walking around and everybody's face looks like plastic, Like, don't get that person next to a fireplace.
Speaker 2: Their face might melt.
Speaker 1: Kind of hoping happened to Katy Perry when she was in space that it would just maybe explode after Well that's mean.
Speaker 2: But yeah, a lot of people get that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't think I'm gonna jump on the botox train, but yeah, a facial will do that.
Speaker 1: Well, Hell, Shannon, we get a little bit older, we want to get some rid of some wrinkles. What is it called next to your eyes, like crows crossed feet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't think I have that yet. See, and I don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 1: Well, you get up early enough that it might be coming sooner or later, the Colorado Rockies, the worst team in Major League Baseball, beat your Braves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a disgrace.
Speaker 3: Chris sil By the way, I mean, he had his best game of the year, you know, he kept the Rockies to only two runs, had like eleven strikeouts.
Speaker 2: But the Braves somehow found away, just.
Speaker 3: When I thought they were going to climb back and get back to five hundred, found a way to lose to the worst team maybe in Major League Baseball history, the Colorado Rockies, who were as of before yesterday on pace to only win was it twenty eight games or something like that the entire season. We were talking about it, yes, yeah, yeah, and one of those is going to be over the Atlanta Braves, which is, well.
Speaker 1: Wow, what's happening? Is it just injuries or no?
Speaker 2: The Braves are just terrible right now. But they're better than they were, believe it or not. Like I said, you know, they're almost at five hundred now.
Speaker 3: But yeah, tough for the Braves. Losing to the Rockies yesterday.
Speaker 1: Well, you can't win them all, Shannon. But a game that should be interesting today is it's the start of a new tradition between Low City and lex Sporting Club. I think they're going to play twice every year, and I think they're going to try to play the Commonwealth Cup at least once on Derby or at least the week of Derby. So this is a matchup between the two teams. It is two dollars beer night during the happy hours and the first kick is at eight pm Channon. So the start of a new rivalry between Low City.
Speaker 3: I have heard that it's so much fun to go watch soccer at at Lynn Family Stadium, and I have not been there one time. I'll admit to you, I'm not really a big soccer fan. But you've got Lexington coming in or Loisville going to Lexington. And we went out to that Lexington Stadium as well. Man, that was beautiful. My gosh, what a great complex they have there. I would definitely check that out if I were even a quasi soccer fan. And even though I'm not, I am gonna go check out one of these matchups between lou City and is it Lexington.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lee, Lexington Sporting Club, Lexington Sporting Club. Yes, So hopefully that blossoms into a fun rivalry. But I'm the same way. You know, it seems like the fans that those soccer games have a little bit more fun than others.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Definitely not talking about the hooliganism that happens overseas. But like they've got drums, they're singing chants, Shannon, why can't we bring that to rupp Arena.
Speaker 3: We let to get out there and make that happen at one of these matchups coming up soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Don't forget later on today, if you want to go see some wrastling, come on out to Waterfront Park, assuming the rain's gonna hold off. A Pegas's Pin will get you in for free to check out OVW. We're gonna be doing our live show and the new ownership takes over today as well, so we got.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if they're in town or if they're over in Europe. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: You better be on your best behavior then, Shannon.
Speaker 3: Yep, So looking forward to that. We'll see you out there later tonight at Waterfront Park. And this segment sponsored by once Again DraftKings and the DK Horse app derby weeks. Here you can bet on all the ponies. Bet five dollars or more on a horse to win the derby and if your pit crosses the finish line first, you're gonna get your share at one million dollars when you sign up as a new customer with promo code KSR Horse. That is code KSR Horse only on the DK horse app gabling problem calling it hundred gambler eighteen plus twenty one plus a certain states to open owner access an advanced deposit wagering account and resident of a state where DK horses available eligibly restrictions apply. Void we're a prohibited. Opt in and place a five dollars or more straight win bet on the derby. First eligible bet only must win to share one million dollars cash reward.
Speaker 2: I via click.
Speaker 3: The claim expires in thirty days maybe third is when it ends, and you can see terms of dk horse dot com slash bet slash offer slash details.
Speaker 1: Thank you everybody for the nice messages today. This was a fun shows. Sure day, buddy, Yeah, appreciate it. We have to do more in studio often. But for sharing the dude, I'm Billy Relics. This has been Billy and the dude, and we will talk.
Speaker 2: You shamed the dude. Billy Rabbage