Speaker 1: Welcome into the Ravens Press Pass Podcast. The Ravens completed their last day of mandatory mini camp and after practice, we had the chance to hear from head coach John Harbaugh, cornerbacks Marlon Humphrey and Rocky Scene, and right guard Kevin Zeitler. First, let's start things off with head coach John Harbaugh.
Speaker 2: Okay, great seeing everybody here. Thank you for being here the whole mini camp and throughout the off season. We sure appreciate it, and it's been very productive. Spirits have been high, you know, body mind, spirit. Guys have been doing a great job trying to take care of themselves in every single kind of way, be the best player that can, be the best teammate they can be, and that's what we try to strive for. So this is the end of this part of it and then we'll start the next part of it when the guys get back, and this interim time is some time that they need to kind of, like Marlin talked about to the guys right now, think about what you want to accomplish this year, you know, and what you need, whatever it might be. And everybody's got somewhat of a different motivation and whatever that thing is think about it and think about how you're gonna get accomplished. And I thought that was a great message to everybody going forward. So what questions you have?
Speaker 3: I mean, you just mentioned about mortals.
Speaker 4: Did you have any particular message?
Speaker 2: I did, I did, I did, may not say you the main one, now I remember it was brilliant by the way. No, I just said, preparation pays off. You know, we rep what we sew and let's make the most of the next few weeks and be gare to roll. I did say the days are long, the years are short, the weeks are even shorter, and the days are even gonna be short as it gets close to camp. So the time is coming. Let's roll. John.
Speaker 5: We haven't seen JK out there the last three years.
Speaker 6: Do you have any of the job there out there?
Speaker 2: I really don't know. I expected JK to practice and it just it wasn't in the cards apparently, So we'll just get ready for training camp. Tell me over the.
Speaker 5: Course of the three involved that at the minus sum you've hear that as a plus for the defense minus from the offense and offensively, how do.
Speaker 6: You change that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You try, And I mean that's a little bit of a dilemma because we're not in pad. So the offensive line can't do what they would do to keep those hands down because it's a non contact thing. So in a lot of ways, the offense has big advantages because the defense isn't contesting any passes. So you see a lot of passes completed that the defense would contest in a regular environment. This is when that goes to the defense because the offense can't do what they've got to do to block those guys to get their hands down. So and I don't want to keep the hands down because I want guys to practice batting the ball down. I think that's a learned trait and it's a reaction. So we go ahead and let them do it, and then help me figure. We put the ankle weights on the quarterback in the sense that you've got to learn to throw through those hands with the ankle weights on, you know, six weeks at camp and need to pitch the part serves.
Speaker 6: J.
Speaker 2: Housers. Don't have any issue with JK. He should be ready, Tyas should be ready. Riccard won't be ready to start. He'll be on pop to start, but he should be ready shortly there after he's said he had hip surgery, So there's a certain timeline to that one. And uh Jalen Armor Davis should be ready to roll. That's the ones I can think of off the top of my head. He just came back. His knee kind of kind of bothered him a little bit. He was ready to go. He's rehabbing full speed, and then when he came back his knee kind of flared up for some reason.
Speaker 7: Johnny JK and Gus not being on the field this spring, Justice Hill seemed like it took all the reps with its starting of offense.
Speaker 2: How do you think he How pleased were you to get him back to figured out he did? He did a good job. I mean he u all those reps helped him. I think he was looking uh I you know, repetition is the name of the game, you know, opportunity to get better. You know, you you get better, you get worse. It takes one hundred percent effort to get one percent better. You're gonna say, well, he's throwing all these cloches out, Yeah, but they're cliches for a reason. There's truth involved. Some of these are self evident truths, you know, and uh. I think I think Justice made the most of it. John Longosa Lines.
Speaker 5: Who saw the rookie of all over It would take a lot of first team reps at left guard. No one's heart to judge without the pass, but as he himself in the position to compete for the.
Speaker 2: Starting job coming, he has childs, he has, he has done a great job, and he's in the mix right now. I'd say he saw him with the first team. We wanted to get a looked at him in there and see how it looked with him in there. One thing we always try to do, and I think this is a little bit rare, but we want to see what guys look like with the first group. You know, what does it look like? I can you can speculate all you want. If they start doing a good job with a second group or the third group and you feel like they are up to it, you know, I want to see how that fits and it looks like it fit well.
Speaker 7: John, how close is kind of what you had heard about Todd before you hired. It is what you had seen here, including your sister's scoutgy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know, it's a man. There's nothing like the real thing, right and seeing Todd in real life is is even better than reports. I would say, you know, he's he's he's a very good teacher. You know, he does it in a very energetic kind of way, the way that we love to see around here. You know, uh, he's just very relatable. He's also you know, a very detailed coach, especially in the passing game, but not just that, you know, the protection, the run game, the quarterback, reads everything. He's very involved, very hands on. You know, our coaches over the years have all been like that. I think Todd Junique in his way of doing it. You guys get a chance to see it. You know, how can I describe it? You guys just watch it. What you see out there is what what the what? He is all the time. You know, that's his personality, and I think it's a great way to reach guys. Gon he is.
Speaker 3: I think it was a couple of weeks ago to Ota l Mar said, in this offensive tools, you're going to throw the ball more. And of course everyone's going on, what's that going to look like?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 4: You know what, how do you envision that?
Speaker 3: I mean, do you feel that this is an offense where you are going to throw the ball a little bit more and maybe how money works.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, it's it's like, it's not a comparison, it's it's a comparison question what you're asking me, And you know it is it is very well veiled, you know. And and you know you do what you got to do from year to year, from game to game based on what you need to try to do to win the game. Which way We've always looked at it, whether it was last year, it's specially towards the end of the year. You know, what was done was done because if it gave us the best chance to win in our eyes, and we were playing pretty good football, you know, right there at the end. So but this is this is the new year. We have new players, you know, we have new opportunity, we have a new system. We put a whole new system in. I like the system because I like the temple of it. I like the way it communicates, the way it operates, and I think within that system, we're gonna be able to do whatever we need to do. So we're gonna be able to run the ball. You know, We're gonna be physical, for sure, that's gonna be part of it. But we're gonna be able to throw the ball too. And then as far as Lamar's six thousand yard thing, you know, I heard that quote. You know, I was there. I know what he meant. You know, he was saying, basically, how many yards you gonna throw for? Whatever the question was, He's basically saying, how about six thousand? You know you want a number, And he was really saying it was, it doesn't matter how many yards we throw for. We could throw for ten thousand yards. But the point is we're gonna try to win the game. Someone's gonna misconstrue that someone's gonna misconstrue that we could throw for two thousand. Who cares? Who cares? Nobody cares. You know, what we care about is what we need to do to win the game, play winning football, winning offense. And I know that's what Lamar was saying, which he tried to explain yesterday again, and I'm sure those who were listening, you know, they understood it. So but thanks, thanks for the opportunity.
Speaker 7: That's okay, I'm just sweetening out that.
Speaker 2: Media job with the Progers. You've seen them, Yeah, great question. You know all those pass rushers for sure, Dafe and a job, you kind of put them together. But uh, David has done great. He looks great to me. I told him today. I just I'm really excited to see him and when the pads come on, see what you can do. Those guys. We've definitely been holding those guys back. I mean, you know, it's it's not a pass it's a pass rushing technique camp. But you know, we're staying with the quarterback and we will be in training camp too, but we will have one on ones and things like that. I can't wait to see those guys roll, you know for the games. You know, preseason games are gonna take on a big time added interest watching those guys rush the passer.
Speaker 3: John said at the end of the season day, I think you mentioned about revamping the wide receiver from a little bit.
Speaker 2: Did you envision I mean, he's have like five for more first round picks. Now, this is exactly what we had in mind. Of course, you know, I envisioned us doing the best we could and uh and ignoring much of the media reports that you know, receivers didn't want to come here and all that all that nonsense, you know, Uh, and that's uh, and that's what you do. You know, because I feel like this is a great destination for any player all the time, especially guys that love football. Now, if you don't like football and you don't like to practice, you like to lift weights, you don't like meetings, you know, it's not your thing, then you definitely don't want to come to Baltimore. But if you like football, you love football, you know, and you like to compete. You're tough, and you're you're smart, and uh you like to be a good teammate, this is definitely the place for you. And those guys saw that, you know, and now we got to go get good. I mean, okay, how good are we? We're as good as we play. And that's the next step.
Speaker 3: I'm wondering, John, do you embrace the attention you can't walk go past the TV in the morning where you have to do enough to blog on the ravens? Do you tell your players don't look at.
Speaker 2: That or it's there? It's you know, do you jerry kids not to look at TV and social media?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: I mean, are gonna look at it? Your to your point? So the answer is no. I think it's a great question, and uh I I I think our guys understand, you know what it means to be a professional. And I mean there's a lot of things that are said that aren't positive either, you know, and you're not gonna live in that world either. So I I think we focus on being as as good of a football team and and and get our execution to where it needs to be, then go out there and let it rip on game day and and see what happens. And Stanley's just no, no, they had they had issues of uh Odell, I think you got a whole some bad fish or something yesterday and he was very sick and uh uh Ronnie just is uh he got stepped on and I think he wanted to. It was Ronnie's choice, you know, just to play it safe a little bit, and I I was fine with that.
Speaker 9: I know what, maybe very premature. You kind of looted that we may see guys like a jaga in the preseason. We didn't see any starters in the preseason last year.
Speaker 2: He thought him, Did we not play a job on the preseason last year? You know, you got a short memory. I'm a whole corner right goldfish. He wasn't oh job, well, I was thinking of Dae. Did we see a DAFE last year. We did, we did pass rushes, we did okay, Yeah, thank you. He did play okay. So with that context, because you were kind of taking the context in another direction, I.
Speaker 9: Don't even know if you thought about it.
Speaker 2: What have you thought about how you want to handle Well, those two guys are going to get out there. Yeah, they'll get out there.
Speaker 10: John did the limited snaps of some of those top line receivers. You think that's gonna get your way of evaluation of this passing games, But haven't leave.
Speaker 2: I would say we're not evaluating yet.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: You know, Zay had so soft tissue thigue he was fighting through for the last couple of weeks. That's not unexpected for rookies that come in and do a lot of running, although he is in great shape. So we're gonna have a We're gonna have a lot of bodies in here, all competitive guys fighting for either thoughts in the team or practice squad spots. So as long as our numbers stay high, it won't be a problem. I do want to see all the starters out there in training camp. Obviously, we need that. They need to be out there practicing. Uh and you know, when they're not, that's that's something you have to overcome. So hopefully they'll all be out there and be rolling the whole time.
Speaker 10: Question you know, well, the last time we see you for training camp, you know, ceculation, that was what possible addition you got to go?
Speaker 6: I'm sure you got.
Speaker 10: As an ongoing dialogue with Eric, I guess just kind of where you think this rosser stands and old.
Speaker 2: Bad boys might be afford. I mean to me, the roster is good enough to go play, you know, with no changes, and uh it's it's never so good that it can't be improved, you know. So, uh well, if there's an opportunity, I'm sure that we'll and because that's how Eric thinks, we'll make the most of it. All right, Thanks, guys.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Past podcast. That was head coach John Harbaugh talking to the media after practice. We also got the chance to hear from cornerback Marlin Humphrey and here he is.
Speaker 3: Now team out there. Can you just kind of share and what kind of motivated you to deliver that message?
Speaker 4: Actually, we'll motivate it.
Speaker 8: Uh Me and Lamar were talking in the training room the other day, but just talking about you know, a quick message, just you know, I think to win a super Bowl, you know, you gotta put a lot of time and effort in. And I think, you know, while we we got in some good work OTA's Mini camp, you got this big break. Whether it's you want to hang out with your dog a lot, wanna hang out with your girl a lot, wanna hang out with this try to do as much as that as you can, cause when we come back, we want everybody to be putting as much time in the football as you can. You know, the off seasons are long, plenty of time, but when you you don't these days, these practices, you know, being in the NFL, it's a it's a very short span compared to the rest of your life. So I know that's one of the things that I plan on, you know, making different different in this season, putting as much time as I can than I than I ever had before. So you know, I think we can all echo that be on the same you know one accord, I think special things can happen with this team.
Speaker 3: Going alone with that, it seems like your team, uh just your vocal leadership.
Speaker 5: Is this what you envisioned when you were a wide having ownership takes leadership over the team.
Speaker 8: It's it's definitely come full circle. When I first got here, I mean I just had you know, SiZ, you know, we or beat car Jimmy. I honestly didn't see it then because there was just so many guys that were those leaders for me that I still, you know, you know, look up to guys that just put so much in my ear. But it was, you know, the last year or two, you know, you start realizing you're telling stories and nobody else was here other than you, so uh, you know, it's you kind of you know, you feel like a young guy, and then you realize you're not a young guy. Yeah, guys coming up. Man, I watched you in high school and I'm like, okay, like what do you what are you trying to say? So you kind of just realize, you know, it's kind of your time to do that now. And you know, I think you know that being here for for so long and you know, getting a second deal, I think that was something that kind of was the unwritten thing that they expected me to do. And I think it's a challenge of times, but with these it's a challenge with these young guys sometimes, but it's, uh, you know, it's it's kind of my duty to to do that, and so I just try to do the best I can.
Speaker 10: You're about the offense and codd long getting from your perspective is how do.
Speaker 2: You think it's coming along?
Speaker 10: What have you seen from and how encouraged are you lining up against it in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: That looks good.
Speaker 8: You know, it's we it's been We've had a year or two to me to where on paper, you know, we look scary. I think the product we put out, you know that that that's really all that really matters. But on paper, man, we look very scary.
Speaker 4: And that's uh.
Speaker 8: I know when I go into the season, you know, obviously before the season even starts, you look at everybody you play, You're like, Okay, they've got a core, they've got a core, they've got this, they've got this.
Speaker 4: And then we're we're one of those teams.
Speaker 8: So the only thing I feel for us, you know, we got the pieces, it's just putting them together, working together, figuring out how it works, you know, putting out a product. You know, I think it's it's really easy to talk about all the great receivers, we got all the great running backs, we got all the great dbs, we got the good d line. But I think this is a year of just proving it.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 8: You know, Lamar gets a big contract, Let's prove it. I'll get a big contrat. Let's prove Roquond gets a big count, Let's prove it. So I think, you know, we got a lot of good players, But to me, I just wanna prove it.
Speaker 9: Oh, obviously, Obj's one of the bigger names that's been added to this ross.
Speaker 2: If you guys have had back going.
Speaker 9: Up against each other, and gage's it been like to go up against.
Speaker 4: Them their practice, Uh, it's been good, you know.
Speaker 8: Uh uh meeting him in the off season actually uh at uh Givonte Davis's fight meeting him then and then you know, Uh, anytime I meet a guy that just signed our team, in the first conversation you have is about a Super Bowl is uh is a really good thing to me?
Speaker 6: You know it.
Speaker 4: I know his mind's right.
Speaker 8: I've been talking to him as he's been training up there with say quant and everything, So I know his mind's right.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 8: And we come back, Uh, we're all gonna be just ready to go training camp, get the battles going. Him and all the guys we got. I'm just really excited to get some really good working in training camp with some really elite receivers, uh him and along with the other guys that we've had here and the other guys we've signed. So really excited for that.
Speaker 6: Uh I did it was?
Speaker 3: It brought up the uh the one field scuffle at all between you guys to.
Speaker 8: Uh he he said in training camp, He's gonna have to throw me a jab. So I'm not looking forward to that. But uh well, once we get that out of the way, it'll just be uh competitive battles after that.
Speaker 2: Carlin.
Speaker 10: He talks about your contracts that guys can't come back, and think some of the leaders who are back, including themselves, have you had during this OTAs or many campus times. It kind of reflects on just how many questions the word of me in the last season, and and.
Speaker 2: How you guys have been able to maintain.
Speaker 10: This degree of continuity that you know when to take a lot of mess.
Speaker 2: The feel was gonna be pay better than the school.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think we we we haven't had those conversations, but you know, I was. I was very and that was actually one of the messages coach Harbs and uh DC had with us when we started mini camp was just this offseason, we they felt more than ever, and I felt as well. Looking outside looking in, it felt more than ever. We put a roster together that should be able to compete for a super Bowl. And I think that's to me. I think Ravens fans, everybody has has seen a difference in that. You know, you you pay the best quarterback in the league, you get O'Dell, you put all these pieces together. The talent is there, it is just putting it all together. So I've been very pleased with the front office what they've done this offseason, you know, I think, and so that that's the biggest thing.
Speaker 4: That was the whole point of my message. Let's not waste this window. You know, we all know.
Speaker 8: Windows open and they close very quickly. So let's not waste his opportunity because we got a really good opportunity in front of us.
Speaker 7: Would have been your impressions of wrong coming in and looking like he's gonna start out on the outside opposite of you.
Speaker 4: Loo's good.
Speaker 8: I've really liked some of the corners we've signed. I knew we were probably gonna sign one or two. Got Got Trey, got Rock Kyu. It's actually Q, but I call them KYU. But I really really like I think in the secondary, man, we just want to figure out who can be doesn't matter if your safety doesn't matter, of your safety playing this out of your corner. We want to get the best six dbs on the field. How you can do that, We got a lot of different pieces, so how you spin it around. We kind of want to be to where anybody can play any position, and so I think we got some really good pieces to be able to do that. He's a strong guy, so I'm I'm a fan of how strong he is. He plays really tough. You know, as as we've talked, he just we we both kind of build from the same cloth as far as you know, the physicalness. Don't really care if you get beat. You know you want to have You want to have corners and dbs that don't have any egos. You know, you get beat, you get to the line, you play the same way. You're not worried about this, not worried about that. You don't care who makes the play. You're just wanting somebody to make the play. So I really like, you know, Rock's mindset, Marx's mindset. I mean, I been a year with him, but I love his mindset as well. So the guys we got, you know, we leave him the right way, we get going, and uh, there's gonna be a lot of good battles.
Speaker 5: A lot of headlines. Guys are in the league and investigative for Gamble League. Parvos said that Eric I'll talk to you guys about that when he did talk to you on Monday.
Speaker 9: Do you worry about that at all?
Speaker 5: I mean, do you think there's any sort of lack of clarities among the guys about what you can do and what you can't do or do you think it's pretty straightforward?
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's there's a lot been going on, but you know, coach did talk about that. Coaching ADC talked about that and in the meeting, So hopefully that's the end of that.
Speaker 3: Well about like the offense and kinds of weapons they put around Lamar, I mean, are you interested in seeing so what now Lamar can do as far as you think elevating his game, as far as passing and throwing the ball, with everything they've done around him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean he's got he's got a lot of good pieces obviously, but I'm really excited for how all that messes. Obviously, we all know the talent Lamar is. You know new oc, you know a lot, a lot of new things. So I think camp will be really good to get a good vision. But you know, everything looks on paper right now, and I'm so excited for us just put in the work and really earn that and just go out and prove it.
Speaker 6: I know, it's just your career.
Speaker 9: You you've done a lot individual you do you are you still at the points of where individually you're still trump that they are still gold that you want to achieve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are.
Speaker 8: For me, it's just it's it's always it's always really accomplishing to feel like you're one of the best in the league. And I feel that, you know, we all know it's a passing it's a passing league. It's a passing league. So you can defend the past, you're gonna have a pretty good chance. So for me, I know, if I can play my best football, we have a really good chance of winning football games. So that that's the biggest thing for me, there's no you know, my dad all the time played in that Super Bowl. I don't know how bad they lost, but it was pretty bad. So I'm I'm I'm trying to do that. Tryna, you know, get out of those footsteps, but but be on the other side celebrating. So for me, uh, individual complishments are great, But for me, I just want to be able to play my best football to give our cha, our team the best chance at winning.
Speaker 3: See times Uh by the golf cart, Pokoma, Steve and the little bit. We are some of the conversations that you have.
Speaker 4: You know, we have some good conversations.
Speaker 8: Uh, mister Brashati, I've honestly, if if I'm really being honest, we were talking about ladies, specifically my lady. You know, it's giving me some advice on love. Actually, believe it or not. At football practice we were talking about love.
Speaker 4: So he gave me.
Speaker 8: He gave me some good advice there. I've it's have a very unique relationship with Shoddy Harbs e DC. I've actually told all three of these men about my love life. So I got I got a special lady. I've been proud just about everybody in the building that it's really not really, but it's uh, yeah, that's what we were talking about.
Speaker 4: It was a pretty good conversation. But you know, I just love it here. Honestly.
Speaker 8: I I can't really stress it enough. How they've you know, brought me in, came in at twenty. You know, I've really tried to earn you know, these guys respect. Honestly, I've just tried to come do things the right way. You know, I say I say often. I really don't say often, but I said at the first time the other day. But I just feel like I'm a product of my parents, and you know I was. I got lucky enough to get to be fortunate enough to get really a really good mom and dad, and you know, I just try to not shout too much away from you know, their teachings and you know, a product of my environment as such. So just being able to come in and be honest and talk to guys like that that have that have welcomed me like you know, their own it's it's really just been a blessing to me.
Speaker 10: With the raised point and salt minkins, obviously, I'm sure you have some experience Flushing Alabama, Georgia the.
Speaker 2: Past couple of years. I was, what's excited about that offense? I guess.
Speaker 8: I haven't got to know them that much. I was, actually, you know, you learn coach about what the You learn coaches a little bit about what they wear. You know, there there sweater, they're a short guy, they're.
Speaker 4: A hat guy.
Speaker 8: Hita, he's he's a little bit of a runner, you know what I mean. I don't use him when he's running, that means we did something bad, so and he's a Georgia guy, so we're not on the best terms as of now. But you know, hopefully he can do more running during the season, lesson training camp for us and we can be on a really good foot.
Speaker 2: How a home you feel here?
Speaker 5: Especially in second contract and mentioned fight at Orioles games urs this offseason and went to prekiens.
Speaker 2: And how important to you?
Speaker 10: What is it to kind of go to these things around the area and and feel settled in this community? And is that something you try to encourage.
Speaker 8: Other guys on this team that, Yeah, it's really cool getting to go to Ools games, you know, meeting Ools players, going to the tank fight. I see this guy celebrating really aggressively, and then it's Ray Lewis right in front of me. I'm like, I don't know how I didn't see this still swoll guy in front of me. Ray, But it it's really cool to to do those things in the city. It's just the more I I hang out, you just realize, you know, Baltimore and the Ravens are just one, you know what I mean. So that's that's the That's been the really cool thing, going to different events and Preakness and it's really cool, you know, I think you know, when I was coming from Alabama, it's all about Alabama football. So just having a pro team to root for, playing for a team that you know, it's nothing but love, It's it's pretty cool. So and then moving down, moving downtown has really sparked a lot. I've I've really got to see the city a lot more, just going out to eat, different things, just being able to walk around.
Speaker 4: So it's a cool city. Uh for me. I I really enjoyed it, and uh look forward to, you know, just being home for a really long time.
Speaker 9: Marlon, what have you learned about yourself or doing these past couple.
Speaker 4: Weeks, past couple of weeks, past couple weeks. Football, it doesn't.
Speaker 9: Matter I see you're you're a lover.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've.
Speaker 8: Uh communication a lot off the field, the lady, but also on the uh in the building as well. Uh, I've actually it's it's been communication breeds understanding at a couple poor communications on the field couple times.
Speaker 4: But that's okay.
Speaker 8: But uh, that's gonna be a big thing I think going forward, coming back on the field. Just communicating, communicating, communicating as loud as you can. And I've already allowed guy, so that's really shouldn't be too hard for me to communicate. But I think communication is key, whether you're telling somebody to jog off, whether someone's telling you to jog off the field, little things stand in your break community, Just communicating, talking unnecessarily is never a bad.
Speaker 4: Thing in football.
Speaker 8: So past couple of weeks, love lock communication, football communication, and uh everything else. Just communicated, be loud and proud.
Speaker 4: That's all I got.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens press past podcas Now let's hear from cornerback rock you have scene.
Speaker 7: I don't think we've got a chance to walking into Baltimore. Would have been your impressions since shaning Ravens.
Speaker 6: Uh, great environment, a great team like vibe, a lot of hard workers, a lot of good players, great organization overall.
Speaker 2: People were talking about you coming here for the months before it actually got done.
Speaker 6: Yeah, why did you? Ultimately, why did Why did you wanna be your I mean, I I like to fit. I like the defense, like the culture, like the organization. I mean a lot of really good players to compete with, you know, gods to learn from, you know, a great locker room, great organization. Like I just felt like it was a good fit for me.
Speaker 2: Is there anything in particular that that stood out about that feared those conversations.
Speaker 6: Around uh just watching the film, seeing how those guys play, you know, uh, seeing kind of locker room those guys have. You know, you got guys like Marlow, Marcus row Patrick, you know, Dafe. I mean it's just I this list goes on, you know, on defense then I mean you got probably the best player in the league in Lamar. So I mean it's it's just a great, you know, great situation for me. I believe what's like it stands out to your other personality. So a lot of different personalities, you know, but everybody's like comes in, you know, with the right attitude, hard working. Uh, you know, competitive, tough, skilled, you know, and everybody's like competing and everybody's trying to get better. So you know, whenever all of us are competing and we're all getting better, I mean, that's great for the group.
Speaker 5: In terms of your role, do you do you expect to be on the outside mostly.
Speaker 1: Or is that you have to be determined.
Speaker 6: I'm just gonna do whatever they ask me that. I'm not sure right now. I mean, I'm working mostly outside now, but you know, things change.
Speaker 2: You have a preference, you know, one over the other.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: For myself, I've been playing outside, you know, my first four years in the league, So I mean, I probably prefer to be out there. But like I said, we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 3: Statistically, it looks like you're, especially in the life, you're playing at the top of the game. Do you feel that that you're, you know, even just even in this flowing the league, that you're you're playing at the top level right now?
Speaker 6: I feel like I've you know, put together a solid last two years of ball. In twenty twenty one in Indie, then starting twenty two last year in Vegas, I feel like I put together, you know, a decent two years. I just want to keep getting better, tho. I don't want to become complacent at all. I want to you know, that's one of the reason I wanted to come here, you know, play and learn from you know, guys like Marlin and his coaches, you know, gods that got into the place where he is.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: So I'm trying to, you know, learn and continue to us sin.
Speaker 10: With the nice reputation of compilations. What if answered that to you about to your personal family?
Speaker 6: For his kind of yourself, his knowledge of the game is like outstanding being around him, just the the small things you know in the meeting rooms and then like outside out here on the field, even after practice, you know what I mean, you can hang out with him for five or ten minutes and you just talk ball with him. I mean, he felt like you learned so much and you know, such a short amount of time. So like, I love being around him. Him and Chris, they're like their wealth of knowledge is like amazing.
Speaker 2: It was such an interesting name. I didn't Wikipedia, but could you explain us Rock your.
Speaker 6: Real name, and Rock is definitely not my given name. My given name is Abdurahman. Even Ram Odin yees Seene. It's an Arab name. I'm actually a Muslim, so obviously we have you know, Muslim names. But Rock came about in high school. Abd Man is like kind of Tom Twister, a little bit hard on English speakers. So I had a coach man. He couldn't get it for nothing in the world. So he was just calling me Rock, and I mean, it's stuck all the way till now.
Speaker 2: Thanks you Rock. When you're hungering, you're off you if you call me braves kind of.
Speaker 5: Confirm your feelings about the place and culture and whatever.
Speaker 6: That's the place in h I was actually in. I was in Vegas last year with Anthony Everett, so you know, we talked about, you know, the culture here, you know, the guys, the locker room, you know all the time, you know, like and you know how it is, you know when your teammates would have guy and you're playing out the side of a guy. We talked about the places you've been, and so I had a good idea of what Baltimore was like.
Speaker 2: The wide receivers like here.
Speaker 5: I mean, in terms of the guys you messed up with over the last couple weeks, who stood out to.
Speaker 6: I mean they're they're humming, man, they're playing really well. Lamar's getting in the ball. Snoops getting in the ball. Nelson's looking great, O'Dell obviously, Sean Ryan, I mean Wallace, uh pro duve. I mean they all look good, man. If they're running really good routes, they're being coached well, they're competing, they're taking the ball out the air, so you know, iron iron sharpens iron out there, so you know, as they get better, we'll get better. As we get better, they'll get better. So I mean that's always good for the team.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. You just heard from Cornerback, Rocky Scene, and now, last but not least, let's hear what right guard Kevin Zeitler had to say when he spoke to the media after practice.
Speaker 2: So what's your.
Speaker 3: Initial impressions of this new offense?
Speaker 11: Very fun, like meeting Monkin for the first time. Obviously me and him were supposed to work together back in twenty nineteen in Cleveland, but that didn't work out as planned, but so kind of fun to you know, everything comes full circle and we get a chance to work together now you know, great energy, a bunch of new concepts, a lot you know, a lot of potential, I think, And obviously you had a good start today, a lot of long way to goo, a lot of nice hard training camp coming up, and I'm excited to see what we can do.
Speaker 2: Kevin, You're and you're obviously going into the least year of your deal. Is that is that on your mind at all?
Speaker 5: Would you would you like to get some sort of extension done or where where's where are you going up?
Speaker 11: I mean, when it comes to that side of this business, like, of course, you always would love to you know, when you're in place this good, you'd love to finish out your career here. I have no intention of stopping anytime soon, you know, not coming to Ota this for the first time, I kind of made it real clear.
Speaker 4: I still need this game.
Speaker 11: I love this game, and I want to play this game, and I have no touches is stopping anytime soon. And but honestly that side doesn't really matter. You know, when I'm here with my teammates, I howach them to work hard every day and you know, and do whatever we can try to get this team a super Bowl.
Speaker 5: And when the offensive line is really playing well.
Speaker 7: As last season went on the Ronnie out back, you lost spend powers and pre and sea with the rest of the start lines and attacked. How important is that continuity and how exciting is that even with.
Speaker 11: The new offense, just to have that matters, you know, playing on so many different teams over the years and having a lot of places that didn't have continuity, like it really does make a difference. The fact that you know, you know, I just came back the last couple of days, and you know, it's just like you know, last year just ended, like we're talking, same communication, we knew what each other meant. I think it's gonna be a great thing coming to the training camps at.
Speaker 4: You know, I think it's gonna be pretty fast.
Speaker 11: You know. I think we're gonna attack and attack and attack, and you know, just keep you know, you know, tempo and all that good stuff, and you know, we'll see if it works out.
Speaker 2: Do you like your leadership?
Speaker 6: Well, you've been working for such a long time, people.
Speaker 2: Come to you for advice, how do you.
Speaker 11: Oh, yeah, absolutely, you know, I try to like stick with the on line, you know, all these young guys because there's so many different ways to play a line nowadays, so you know, a lot of different ways to describe things, and I've done it, done a bunch of different ways. So you know, anytime a young guy comes up, it's great to help him out and you know, try to make him figure out what's right for them.
Speaker 7: Been here a few days, Big Sola, the rookie running with the ones that left guard. What are your impressions of him? You know, maybe not as much on the field, but maybe just.
Speaker 11: An immediate great attitude. You know, he's really open minded. You know, nothing's gonna bug him. He's very athletic, so you know, I think he has you know, the whole world's running from all the potential in the world, and I can't wait to see what he does with it.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to the Ravens Press Past podcast. As always, please subscribe to The Ravens Press Pass and don't forget to leave a rating and a review. Also, while you're at it, please check out the Lounge podcast as we will be sitting down with inside linebacker Roquan Smith early next week to discuss how the off season has been going and his mindset going into his first full year as a Raven. It's definitely an episode you won't want to miss, and to be sure of that, you can find the Lounge as well as Raven's Press Pass in the Ravens podcast feed or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for listening and we'll talk with you again soon