Speaker 1: Look may oh, I see you my own look over there is that culture? Yes, wow, Los ding Dong lost Colt.
Speaker 2: Teresa's calling back at the table, back at the fifty shades table. Yes, across from my girl, staring her straight in the eye. I don't know who's the running mate and who's the presidential candidate, but.
Speaker 1: That's sort of the vibe you are as a son of a football coach, like Tim Walls. Yeah, I think you might be Tim, which just not to relegate you to a lower status, honey, I'm used to it fine, And I am at least half Asian over here exactly exactly, and I don't know how much else. I don't know what the rest. I haven't done the twenty three. But wait a minute, what if you did? You should? I should? I am. My sister did it, and there's some interesting finding. I guess because she did it, you don't have to do it. But I think the samples have only gotten bigger. You know what I mean, They're able to get more Oh yeah, yeah, as more people do. As more people do it do I just realize. So the thing about this table is we can't get tactile.
Speaker 2: No, but we are reaching for each other. Actually, could we get a tactile hold on? He had to come out of a speed when we touched.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Actually, you know, I had been really pulling for walls because girl was making me very nervous. Like you said, can I say what you said? Yeah, it was kind of giving douchebag energy. I didn't say the bag. There's a huge difference between douchebag and douche Yeah, plant douchebag is oh, like you're not even human to me, Like you are so vile and awful and so off putting that like I'm not even I'm not going to give you the digny.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say you're a bag of a person.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Was just giving douche like he was saying things that were sort of like his tone that he was taking was giving douche a douchebag. He's he's he's the governor of Pennsylvania, is.
Speaker 1: Gonna not a bag wonderful, wonderful executive whatever. But it's just he was already getting defensive about like the school voucher stuff and the and the corporate tax cut stuff. It's like, we can't have this off the.
Speaker 2: Bat and not great on Uh, not great stuff coming out of the college day from the college days regarding Israel, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, some scary attitude, I'm sure. I really look forward to him being in this next wave of Democrats sort of rising up. I think this veepstakes was kind of fun to follow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean what I think is like the right choice was made because to be honest, like, if you need Shapiro to help us win Pennsylvania, just set him loose on Pennsylvania. The VP is going to have to campaign all over the country. I mean, I like Wals. He actually does remind me of my dad.
Speaker 1: He's a football coach. He's giving football coach.
Speaker 2: It's giving football coach who also was head of the Gay Straight Alliance, which is a real thing about him. And also Minnesota is the happiest thing. And I think he speaks with a very clear voice of a leader. I think he keeps things like he gives things the gravity they deserve. But he's also like you got you gotta think it's a giggle fest over there at Harris Walsh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gotta be. It's at least lost culture level. It's got to be.
Speaker 2: Maybe they should have come on lost colture together and it's gonna be like our Josh and Aaron episodes, just a cluckfest.
Speaker 1: A cluckfest. And I think one of them has an Aaron Jackson style. I don't think so or I'm sorry, a Josh Sharp style. I don't think Sony that is. I don't think so honey my wife giving me blowjobs on my birthday.
Speaker 2: I really hope that one of them can get really real and just talk about their sex life. And I don't think so honeying they're in.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, I things are good. Harris Waltz, Baby, we're going for it.
Speaker 2: I want to point out that there was a tweet last night from Jos Shapiro where he was just it was just a video of him like walking through a town in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: It seemed like it was not staged. It was just like something that like would have been in the real for the race had he been the pick. But the tweet was this was like later last night, it was let's go Pennsylvania one hundred and eighteen days or whatever till Groundhog's Day. People quoteating it being like, oh he lost, Oh he like he's out, he's out about it.
Speaker 2: He actually announced he's taking about groundhog adfitted from the Beefstakes to groundhogs. Ed.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is very funny.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I will say the other one I guess they were talking about was Basher and Kelly. Yeah, but Mark Kelly, I never really thought that was gonna happen because I find him to be void of charisma.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can deny that Waltz has like an he has like an X.
Speaker 2: Factor, like he he's the one that labeled them with the word weird that they're now running with, because I think that's the thing that we've been missing is in the disc course about what's going on, is they are weird, Like this is weird, Like you look at them at the RNC. I mean they brought out whole Cogan like it's it's fucking weird.
Speaker 1: Good luck trying to beat the weird allegations. This is something I'm just saying, like, this is something we've known since the schoolyard. Oh yeah, I've been called weird and it's really I've never been able to successfully convince people otherwise.
Speaker 2: They are spinning out about it. Like everyone started saying J. D. Vince is weird, He's like I'm not I'm not weird. It's just you can't until I'm not weird at all. It's you call someone weird, It's it's over.
Speaker 1: It's a kneecapping. It's a knee capping. Like the only way you brush it off is by literally not acknowledging it.
Speaker 2: Well, this is this is I guess the psychology of being called weird. Right, You get called weird, so then your response to that is to act like unbothered and too cool.
Speaker 1: Right, And these people don't they don't know what to do how to do that? Oh yeah, they do not know how to do that. Like they only know how to like.
Speaker 2: Try to provoke and you know, say the thing that they don't really believe that they know is going to get a reaction. And that's odd and it's very try hard, you know what I mean. It's like and I think we thought a few years ago that the our people thought like the meanness that comes from like Trump and his underlings was like real and it was real talk, and it was like there was something maybe to whoever's voting for him, maybe quote unquote.
Speaker 1: Cool about it. But now it's just like it's so sweaty everything they do feels like on paper, like a joke.
Speaker 2: It is weird. I think it's the right weird. It's the right weird to use. It's the right word to do, righte weird. Now, let's let's pivot to something else. Sure, if that's what you want to do.
Speaker 1: I love going to the movies. I think didn't we go last night now that I remember we went last night too, that we had an emotional time at the at the cinema. We had a very emotional time to the cinema. And you will too if you go see Sing Sing right now, go see it. It's so just sublime. What a what a wonderful, hopeful movie. Without it being it didn't It did not seem too treacly or schmaltzy. Although I love schmaltz. I love when the chicken fat renders out onto the pan and I eat the chicken grease. But this is not It was not too rich in that it was like every moment of like joy and tenderness is undercut by a moment of like, oh, the reality of prison of a facility like Sing Sing is extremely grim and dispiriting and dark and awful, and it really kind of and I'm gonna say something so so cringe, but I love a movie about theater. I love. We should say what the movie.
Speaker 2: Is about, yes, yes, Yang, I don't know if everyone's done the homework, okay please. So the movie is about irustrated men in sing sing and one of the programs that they're involved in, or the program that these particular men are involved in, is.
Speaker 1: The art program, which is RTA programs.
Speaker 2: Okay, so, but it is art they were doing. They're in the RTA program, which is you know, it's like essentially a theater group at the prison where they put on plays. And it's not just something that they're involved in, it's actually something that you know, helps these men really process their emotions. A lot of incarcerated men like don't have an outlet to process the anger at their situation, the grief at their situation, the feelings that they might have about their situation. And this is a film about a group of men who are engaged in this program and how it betters them and how it moves them forward and the dynamic relationships within that group. And it's Coleman Domingo is the star of this movie, and what a hero on screen he is, like he's just so winning, he's he's just like you can track every single emotion. This is like a really really perfectly calibrated performance in that it is brimming with emotion, but it's never indulgent.
Speaker 1: There's a scene which I believe should.
Speaker 2: Be the Oscar clip and maybe even within him the Oscar where he goes to his parole hearing and he is attempting to you know, it's a very if you've ever seen like Shash and Gradhempshen, you know, they did a great job of talking about what these Pearle hearings are like when these men have to go to this panel and basically explain to them that they're rehabilitated and that they can be you know, that they are a viable candidate to be released back into the free world. And this particular scene you see just how difficult that task is.
Speaker 1: And what really blew me.
Speaker 2: Away about Coleman Domingo's performance is that he never breaks, but he's always holding the emotion and just the amount of restraint that he has. It reminds me of something that Jennifer Lewis said to me on the set of I Love That for You, which is like you don't cry. They cry, and he doesn't let it go until so late into the movie. And I won't spoil anything because there's really a lot of very surprising things in the script too, and it was a beautiful script.
Speaker 1: But just have to commend him on.
Speaker 2: His control of his emotional instrument, which is at a top point. It's in a point zero zero zero one percentile absolutely of capability of actors that I've seen. Yeah, And just on top of that, he's acting with basically almost entirely non actors who are real alums of that program, non professional actors anyway, who were real incarcerated.
Speaker 1: Men who are now in this movie.
Speaker 2: Given these performances and the way as the number one on the call sheet, he must have made them feel comfortable and open and free and at ease to give these performances, some of which are fantastic, all of which are good. Some of them just rise way above Clarence Macklin, Oh my god. And I think he should be nominated for the Sean.
Speaker 1: San Jose who plays Mikey Mikey Mike Mike, who is like Coleman's character's neighbor, like cell neighbor. Yeah, fantastic model.
Speaker 2: I mean and also like Clarence Macklin like helped develop the story for this and this guy's performances.
Speaker 1: I mean, talk about playing an arc.
Speaker 2: He comes in one way and he believably leaves a completely different way every moment.
Speaker 1: So truthful, so real.
Speaker 2: There's a danger in him, but you're always wanting to know more, just like this movie is.
Speaker 1: I loved it, Yeah, really really enjoyed it. So go see it. It's a fucking contender, girl. Anyway, we did a day yesterday. We went to Barrie's. I tapped out. You know what it was. I think that so I've been going like every day in the morning in the morning, and I think going like late in the afternoon or working out really late in the afternoon.
Speaker 2: People that work out after work. My hat is off to you, hats off.
Speaker 1: I need it. In the beginning of the day, I just came back from the gym and I feel amazing. Yeah, but not like yes and yesterday, I was I almost didn't make it to the damn film. You really thought that there was no chance you weren't gonna make No, I was gonna make it to the movie. I was just like it was my first time I've ever ended a barries class early.
Speaker 2: Really, and it was next to me, and it was how convenient that it was the very first time and I'm the only one who saw it.
Speaker 1: Liar, you always end you never lied to me. But what a fun what a fun day with math. I always love it when you're in town. Don't go. I know I have to go tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It's been It's been a very pistiest couple of weeks from me. You guys, pe town was fun. It was a mixed bag. I've been a little emotional for personal reasons. But like summer, I think is like wearing down on me. It's a mixed bag. Yeah, summer is a mixed bag. And that's a rule of culture. That's all culture number what.
Speaker 1: I think a ninety four summer is a mixed bag. I'm on the record as saying I don't think so, honey, summer, And then you told me you do like summer, and I was like, I promise you. This is where we meet in the middle. It's a mixed bag. There are things that I'm sure you love about summer. I am positive you love certain things about summer. You don't hate it wholesale, No.
Speaker 2: No, I don't hate it wholesale. In fact, I always go into it excited and then I just get fucking exhausted. And I'll be real, I think that mid thirties is really hitting hard. And I am now in the mind frame of, like, Okay, what changes do I have to make because I think that I don't know what it is, but I'm starting to like examine a lot of things about my life, and I'm like it sometimes is it's a little overwhelming to think just at this age, like where do I live?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like I'm like half between New York and half between LA which I thought would be cool.
Speaker 1: But now it's just kind of like it's in your twenties.
Speaker 2: I think it's yeah, if you can pull off Bi Coastal in your twenties, like hell yeah, congratulations on the.
Speaker 1: Money you made too, Like that was not my reality, but I thought it would be.
Speaker 2: And it has been fun to be like free and have that availability to go wherever I want and do whatever I want to do. But it's getting to the point where it's like no one ever knows where you are. It's very hard to date like this, and I think the travel just really I mean I like me telling you that travel wears on you, like obviously you know, but it does wear on you, and it's just like it's very taxing. And also the social media element of the summer is very overwhelming. And I also get that it looks like I'm fucking killing it on social media in the summer, like people have been like, Wow, your summer looks amazing, and I'm like, really, because I've been sad most of the days and that's not for anyone to be like, oh pity him or like what's going on. It's just like a reality and I think, I don't know. I'm starting small. I'm starting with drinking a lot less, maybe not really at all. And you showed me that app that you've been using.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm gonna get some I'm gonna get some guff for this, But what is it? It's okay that you get guff because it's what it's I told that about seventy five hard and some people might know about this. It's a very I would say, incredibly broie, like I would say douchier than Tim Ferriss. The situation it's like, but I think the framework around it is I can agree with that it's like, here's what's tell us what it is? The full monty seventy five hard is two forty five minute this is every day. This is the laundry list, two forty five minute workouts. One of them should be outside, which good luck in the winter. But anyway, I know I'm already, I'm already like two anyway, let me just get through. This is like the full version, and I do I downloaded in an alternate app that is basically the same idea, but it's not quite as like toxic mask, and it's just a little bit more like soft. But it's two forty five minute workouts. To day, you drink one gallon of water one hundred and twenty eight milli liters or ounces one hundred twenty eight ounces, which is double that recommended sixty four. It's so much better. This programmer is a full time job already. It's sixteen eight ounce glasses. Yeah, of water. When people tell you to drink eight and you're good, and even that's like good luck. Ten pages of reading a day, I say ten minutes, like it depends on the pagination, it depends on the line spacing whatever. And then no drinking alcohol and no cheat meals slash you should be on a diet. That thing. I'm like, oh no, whatever, Like I'm what I am sort of like going towards right now is twenty vegetables a week. Twenty vegetables a week, and it's fun and it's and it actually like it's a diet without being a diet because I'm like, let me just like get the vegetables in. Yeah, can I say something? Love vegetables. I love I love roasting vegetables on a damn sheet pan. Babe.
Speaker 2: You heard me talk about cucumber here. Yes, you heard me get into it about cucumber. And by the way, people have been reached out and saying they've been doing that cucumber thing that I talked.
Speaker 1: To remind us with the cure.
Speaker 2: It was that you cut up the cucumber and put a little bit of hot sauce and some salt and pepper on a plate and you just you mix it up like it's like tost almost like buffalo cucumber.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The people have been saying that it is the snack of the sun, the sack of the summer. It is actually a nominee next year, the culture was for best mapp best snack cucumber with a little bit of hot sun. I think we announced that we did too.
Speaker 2: I think we did too, but no, I love vegetables. There's parts of that that do sound too much, like yeah, it sounds like too much.
Speaker 1: Well, committing to.
Speaker 2: Two forty five minute workouts today is a lot so on this alternate app which let me let me find it, because.
Speaker 1: Once I work out, once, I'm like, okay, I worked out today.
Speaker 2: And also the thing about the dieting is like, that's why you work out so that you can be you can eat sort of whatever you want to eat, and you can have cheat meals like that that that language starts to get fuzzy for me.
Speaker 1: It's called seventy five days Challenge rather than seventy five herds seventy five heard. It's a little bit like anytime you like miss the day. It's like there's a picture of the guy who founded it. It's like, mo, mean looking dude, who's like, did you give up?
Speaker 2: No, I hate that. It's a little too about that's Sushapiro. For me, it's a little too so. I need a Tim walt Summer. I need a Tim Waltz seventy five days Challenge. So now I'm on I'm on the medium difficulty Medium Challenge. I'm on day five and it's just one workout. Yeah, and that's basically it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, cool, and it also gets well then the soft and then the easies setting is one workout, ten pages, diet water you can drink in social situations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I mean, honestly, here's the thing. I'm not even saying I'm sober now. I'm just saying it has to change, we have to.
Speaker 1: Adjust, we have to dial it down so we can dial it back up if we want to, just to like have the energy, have the balance. Yeah, I mean, that's the thing is. It's like late July August hit. I had my I think I had my literal breaking point on Monday, like.
Speaker 2: So it was like town, yeah, and it was just and we had just gotten there and I was just like, okay, you know what, I am emotionally exhausted, and I like, don't It's not that I don't know why, but I don't know enough about why I feel like this to the point where I'm like, let's just try to actively be healthier. And I'm really happy that I've been prioritizing exercise. And I'm not saying like I think anyone should cut out alcohol. I'm not making any decisions for you. It's just something that's.
Speaker 1: Been on my mind a lot more. And but what a wonderful instinct for you to like understand what your coordinates are right now and be like, oh, let me I know what to do, or let me try this out. You're doing AMDR. You're well every now and then, well, you're just doing it, doesn't it doesn't matter how often, and you are taking very concrete actions. How are you feeling? I feel pretty good. Yeah, I feel pretty good. That's good. Yeah, that's it. I feel good.
Speaker 2: I had a nice answer though, like I feel pretty good and that's it. There's not much to allaborary.
Speaker 1: No, I've got nothing to complain about. I really don't like what a huge from last summer. But I'm really I'm really sorry you feel this way, and it's been hard to watch you struggle. But I know I have to give you some space and I'm there. I'm always there for you. That's another thing is like I am so much more introverted than I used to be, and I'm wondering about why. I wonder what that is. Like, my social battery drains so much faster than it used to drain. I think because I think honestly, because I'm not settled anywhere. I genuinely think I can.
Speaker 2: Trace it down to the bicoastal thing is not work from Oh, and that makes me sad because I'll have to sacrifice something in each city. Like I love New York because it's fun and like I genuinely think, like, like my group of friends is here, you know what I mean. I feel like it's dating is more fun here in New York. I think that that's like, and I like being close to my family. I love New York energy. But then in Los Angeles, like I'm like a healthier version of myself. I take care of myself more like I have a couple of relationships there that are like indispensable to me, like Jared and Greta, like Truly and Sudi, and like I would I don't know what I would do if I was not if I didn't have those with an access to me. But it's the first time in my life where I have no instinct about what to do.
Speaker 1: What to do as and where to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, as I'm like where to be, like where to put my roots down, and where to like start things I thought I knew, And then all of a sudden, I confuse myself.
Speaker 1: And I think it's.
Speaker 2: Because you know, well, a lot of reasons, but like when you don't have to worry about the career anymore, and the career is all you worried about for your twenties, it's like, now it's like, that's the part of my life I feel most secure about.
Speaker 1: That's good. That's good. No, it's good.
Speaker 2: But then all of a sudden, you're like, oh, I only ever focused on that, you know what I mean, That's not really true. My social life is wonderful. I have my close friends, and I mean I have lots of things. But the realization that like you might be behind in one area because you gave everything to another is I think maybe a mid thirties moment.
Speaker 1: It's just reframing what you are saying about, Like you thought you knew where to be, but you didn't arrive at a decision because what your quote unquote decision was was splitting time between two places, which is not a decision, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's literally actually trying to have it both ways, yeah, which is wonderful, and you really made it work. Yeah, And I am so awestruck it the way you've like really made it. I feel like you we're genuinely the only girl I knew who was making the by Coastal thing like look good.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's like a dirty word too, by Coastal. It's like made up. Yeah. Well, Like it's like.
Speaker 2: I'll be on the dating app and they'll be like, so where do you live and I'll be like, well, I'm in I'm by Coastal in New York and l A.
Speaker 1: And I just feel like it's like it's already like yeah, yeah, okay, like no one, no one wants to get involved with someone that's like not around sure, like who wants that? Yeah? I do have to bring up my first two seasons working at us an l A. Heidi Gardner and Julia Torres.
Speaker 2: Submitted a sketch twice, and I really wish I would have gotten picked, but it was just a girl named who's Collin Jared? Obviously, I'll just call you back to a Freida. Frida's second appearance. I know he's he's major third appearance and like that that count as an appearance, I think, so should I have?
Speaker 1: Should I have answered the call?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, don't answer? Oh my god, no hiding and Julio wrote a sketch about a woman named Deirdre. Julio loves the same Deirdre because as you know, Deirdre is also after.
Speaker 2: As a name, Julio, but it was Heidi playing named ded Heidi does give Deirdre. Heidi gives Deirdre.
Speaker 1: But then her whole thing was her catchphrase was in this accident which I can't quite place, is Deirdre by Coastal. Her whole thing was I work at Chipotle.
Speaker 2: By Coastal Chipotle and coastal Chipotle employee named Deirdre.
Speaker 1: What is the Heidi Gardener, Julio Torres bending, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing about the Deirdre lifestyle, which is what I'm going to call by Crystal.
Speaker 1: From now on. Huh.
Speaker 2: The Deirdre lifestyle title e that the Dirda lifestyle. The thing about that is like, if Dere's anything like me, she also doesn't like really like either of her apartments, because I also don't own anything. So that's the other thing is it's like I go to my own it to like it. No, I know, but like I'm just saying, like, maybe it would be better and maybe I would enjoy my dear dre lifestyle a little bit more. You liked if I know, maybe, yeah, sure, if I liked one of them. But like, you know what it is. It's like in New York, I have like a great location, but it's not the dream like.
Speaker 1: You had drumming a fucking guys, I don't want to tell you that my neighbor in my New York apartment, his son got a drum kit. That is that is such a huge no no in New York City. You cannot buy a drum set in New York.
Speaker 2: And especially because he knows how thin the walls are, like if he knows he's in New York City, New York City.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you cannot play the drums, no, I'm sorry, Or you go to drum class to a studio you rented out. Oh, And then part of.
Speaker 2: Me feels bad because I'm like, you know, like this kid micro up to be Ringo star like. And then I ran into the guy in the hallway and he goes, hey, you're you're Matthew, right, And I.
Speaker 1: Was like yeah.
Speaker 2: He's like, you're in four f I was like m hm, and he was like, sorry about the drums, and I was like yeah, I wasn't going to make an issue of it just because it's been one day, but I do wonder if.
Speaker 1: It's gonna get better. And the guy goes to me, this is funny. He goes, well, trust me, it's a lot louder in there than it is out here. Well, he signed up for it, and you didn't like be that as it may.
Speaker 3: You should have.
Speaker 1: You should have gone Dolores catann on his ass. Oh, we'll get to that. I apologize, Well, you should apologize, so you should apologize.
Speaker 2: Should apologize. You think I'm a slob. And then I was like you are a lying cut Wait no, okay. So then he was like, don't worry, I'm gonna get panels, and I.
Speaker 1: Was like what.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh great, And then I said to him, I was like, well, it'll all be worth it when he becomes ringo star. And the guy goes, yeah, I hope so, and go say in this apartment and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so it might be time to hang it up. He's a great father, clearly.
Speaker 2: There's something else in my heart, which is like I don't want to discourage this chistic impulses. Of course, and we're not saying now, we're not. This is not the kid's fault.
Speaker 1: It's just it's really tough to buy drums in this city or any city where people are stacked up. On top of it, it's not the.
Speaker 2: Instrument to give your kid if your living situation is apartment, especially like apartment with walls this thin, Like I swear to god, I'll sometimes watch like YouTube videos on my laptop and you turn it down and I'll be thinking, am I bothering my neighbors?
Speaker 1: That's the that's the porn thing for me? Classically, I'm like, am I playing this porn too?
Speaker 2: Oh? This is the worst. When you have to put yourself on self tape for an audition?
Speaker 1: Oh terrible? Well you don't. You probably don't do that anymore, but I know that.
Speaker 2: But like when you have to put yourself on self tape for an audition and you're in your apartment and you have to do it several times, and sometimes you have to like get angry or yell or say things that are not what you are saying. But they're what the character is saying, and you think, what the fuck are they thinking out there right now?
Speaker 1: I'm saying these lines that are beyond and you can't care because guess who doesn't care? Cecily Strong, because the entire time she worked at SNL, she was screaming, trying out accents and different characters in her apartment. She's like, I don't fucking care, Like, say what you want, I'm Cecily Strong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know what, though, I guarantee Cicely Strong had a nice apartment with good walls.
Speaker 1: Who knows, just like Tim Goodwall, good Walls. Maybe good Walls is the name of the episode. That's better.
Speaker 2: That's a better title episode than because you're gonna look at the dear Life and be like, what.
Speaker 1: The fuck is that? The good Walls they're clicking, they're clicking. Also, good luck trying to spell the name Deirdre. No try.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's no right or wrong answers to thing, but go this is the way you spell. Okay, okay, d well, let me do it like it's a spelling bee. We should have a lost couple spelling being that day, we should definitely do a Lost Coach spelling that's really good. And it's like your word is sure zinger and it has to then everyone has to be like, can you use it as a sentence icle Nicole.
Speaker 1: Glorious Glorius wanton as was what's her face? I just that's a Norman Desmond nor Desmond Glorious wants to play.
Speaker 2: Well, don't worry, honey, because when it comes next year on Broadway, we're going we're seeing Norma. Was I saying, oh, this is how you spell it deirdre d I e r d r E Deirdre.
Speaker 1: I would say that is that is my spelling as well? Should we text Julio and see how he spells it? I'm texting him right now, Julio. Okay, I'm actually gonna see see you too.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, see you, Julio. We are talking about how do you you spell?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, I guess I'm gonna have to spell it the name? Are you texting him separately when I'm on this one time?
Speaker 1: But I'm on the thread with you? Okay, how do we get across what made let's let's voice them yea, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, dear dra.
Speaker 2: Hold on, oh but here's here's here's how Apple dictation spells it okay, how d E I? No, that's so stupid, honey, d E I R D R E doctor dre.
Speaker 1: Okay. I don't think that there's any way that he's going to come back and say, d E I R D R E. Well, I don't want. I hope his phone and I'm sure it doesn't. I hope his phone does not have the dictation, sort of like the transcription, the audit transcription. Julia has not updated his phone since twenty seventeen. That reads he probably should. He has ten thousand unready emails. You're fucking kidding? How many do I have?
Speaker 2: This? I shouldn't talk. Wait, how many I have? Oh my god, you're not gonna help me. How many number? I'll tell you my number first. No, this is really scary. Actually, do you know how many? How many unread emails?
Speaker 1: I have? Thirty five thousand, six hundred eighty nine? Go on, I'm not kidding. Look, thirty five thousand, six hundred eighty nine. How have you not gone mad? Because let me tell you something about my inbox and I'm looking at it right now. It is all bullshit.
Speaker 2: It's all sag after communications American Express that's Delta Airlines, lift receipts, Google Calendar, I get like Google calendar emails. Don't ever say anything about the union being bullshit, No, no, no, I just mean what they're sending me is bullshit.
Speaker 1: Sure you need not bait. You need to scroll down and click on subscribe on these hose.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, and trust me, I never wanted to be like this. You think I ever wanted to be sad in the summer thirty five thousand, six hundred eighty nine emails in my in my Gmail, unsure of how to spell a Deirdre single.
Speaker 1: You're about burnt out. This is about to be an episode of Hoarders where I'm showing you the dead, flattened cats, the carcasses, and you are screaming, crying, running out of the house. We need to go through this email account. But meanwhile, totally fruitless at this point. But meanwhile, I think you're so on top of the email.
Speaker 2: I am on top of all the important ones, anything that we're on together, anything that needs my attention, I respond immediately.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you.
Speaker 2: I get so much bullshit in here, like so much bullshit in here. Who the fuck is Scott Dwarkin And why do I need to know from him that Kamala Harris picks Tim Waltz for VP. I have like literally Instagram for that. I can hear from Kamala herself. God knows, she texts me on an automated message three times a day.
Speaker 1: You gotta stop. You gotta stop to quit those, babe.
Speaker 2: It's like Weeds, though, you stop to quit one six more pop up, Nancy Pelosi, I lose my number. I'm so grateful for you and what you've done to get Waltz picked. Don't text me.
Speaker 1: I thought you when you said Weeds. We're gonna talk about the two V show. The handle box is on the heelside. It the theme song of Weeds. Yes, I never really watched Weeks. Oh. I loved the first three three seasons were good. The season four they were they were trying to make it new and fresh. They I think they moved to Tijuana or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember them rebooting a lot Like now, It's like, aren't they supposed.
Speaker 1: To reboot it? Oh yeah, I think they are.
Speaker 2: Supposed to like fully bring it back. And I'm like, so, what is she gonna start selling like cocaine? Like because weeds a whole fing.
Speaker 1: Weeds are kind of thanks to people like Tim Walls. Yeah, it ain't no thing.
Speaker 2: It ain't nothing. I mean, like we can literally walk outside into the corner.
Speaker 1: Start. By the way, you've never smoked weed, like the weed you can get on the street in New York. I'm telling you, I don't really get it off the street. Oh I do.
Speaker 2: You're talking about like the shops. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm not talking about like calling the girls.
Speaker 1: The shops are like okay, meanwhile, shout out to the travel agency. But all the weed shops love.
Speaker 2: I'm not even talking about like any of the boutique places. I'm talking about like the walk into a place like a bodega and they have shit that's like.
Speaker 1: Rolled and Keith, Yeah, you're on planet Moon. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I swear to you, Jared Praeter, the biggest stoner I know, he can't handle the weed that I smoke.
Speaker 1: That's saying something. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I'm also aware of the fact that, like I do have this big major vice, which is marijuana.
Speaker 1: But I won't give that up. No, no, no, no. And I don't know what it's telling you. Seventy my heart is not telling you get that up.
Speaker 2: And I did ask you that I was like a seventy five hard making me stop smoking weed.
Speaker 1: I did take a peek at the subreddit. Unfortunately, not unfortunately.
Speaker 2: It's seventy five hard subreddit. It's a whole thing and people are and why. I just looked up like seventy five hard can you smoke weed? And people and there's a whole there's a bunch of threads on reddit, and the people in the comments were like, well, the guy, this big mean guy who invented it, who like confronts you on the on the ogham, he goes the reason they tell you to give up alcohol is to like get out of the brain fog, and we kind.
Speaker 1: Of gives you the same thing. But I'm like no, but we kind of like we'd opened up something for me. Alcohol like fucking shuts it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, for me, it's like a weed actually like makes me come down to a normal level because my anxiety is out of control. But like, remember when we were asking them, we went to that museum and they had that Robbie Williams exhibit. Yeah, do you remember that one room where it was a picture It was like a picture of someone's head and there was like a million thoughts in the head that were like this is me. When I go into a social interaction, you felt.
Speaker 1: Like you were looking to the day of mirror. I was so shook by it. I was like we were stoned.
Speaker 2: No, we weren't, but I was just like, this is the reason why I look for ways to quiet things down, like is because there is I can't stop thinking, I can't stop my like inside out too. When anxiety, played by my Alehac like took the wheels and like drew up the five hundred things that could happen, like in your brain at any given time, based on any event that may happen, I was like, that is so what it is. And I think that's why sometimes, like in a self assessment, it feels like I leave things like whether shows we're doing, sometimes this podcast, or like social interactions I have, and if I assess myself, I'm like, wow, you really did the most, Like you're exhausted. That's just like my anxiety like responding in a way where it's like do more fill the space, like don't let there be silenced. That's don't be boring.
Speaker 1: That's you flushing the thoughts in your head. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's just been really interesting to deeply understand that that is the way that my social anxiety manifests in a way that probably no one would ever think I have it, but I have it so bad and it's incredibly hard for me to get out of the house. And then when I get somewhere, I'm seeming fine because I'm going a mile a minute and turn the charm on one hundred percent and like, am you know me? But like then I leave and I'm like exhausted, and I feel like I never really knew that people identified with it in that way. I just thought I was like, you know, crazy and at ten and like was me Matt Rogers like a heightened person? But like I'm now understanding, and honestly, Robby Williams exhibit helped me realize this, Like, oh, this is like an anxiety response I'm having, like I'm not comfortable and so that's why I can't slow down.
Speaker 1: Anxiety is also like a future focused thing. You are just accounting for all all these different outcomes. I feel like you are constantly thinking about the future because and I don't know if this sounds silly, but it's like I think it's because you constantly have literally a flight to catch, because you know, when you know, when you have travel plans and like you're kind of like thinking about it's like what the scaries are and stuff. It's like you just like have a different place I used to be in a matter of days, and that is going to put you in that space constantly.
Speaker 2: I completely understand why you feel that way based on what I project, because I think when I'm around like any of my friends or anyone else, like I want people to think like I'm moving, I'm going because when I am by myself, all I think about is the past. So like when i'm I get so stuck. Oh my god, I get so stuck in like what like what's happened and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I can't like that.
Speaker 2: I feel like I have to, like then like put so much on the schedule and stuff like that. Like it's just like a lot and I can never just like sit like in a moment, so I can never enjoy anything. I'm sorry, No, I'm sorry, Matt.
Speaker 1: It's okay.
Speaker 2: I mean, like I didn't even mean to be like this, What do you mean, because we don't mean to be like any now.
Speaker 1: I like will start judging myself for doing this on the podcast. Girl, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I'm just like because now tomorrow I'm leaving again, and I'm like, I don't.
Speaker 1: I just trying to figure out, like this is what I'm saying, Matt, like, you have you have no literally no grounding. Yeah, true, you have. You're you're living the deer tore lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Lifestyle is chipping away at me. I think because it's been like a year and a half it and it's connected to other things and it's just like yeah, but I I literally will be fine because I think the fact that I'm even able to acknowledge all this stuff means a positive thing. Like I think, like like the damn breaking a little bit of emotionally is good and you and I think that alcohol will make me very sad when I'm in this state, like I feel, I kind of feel like them around Beverly Hills and Kyle Richards was like, I can't.
Speaker 1: Afford to be tired and said in the morning, I can't drink. It's dark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it's for me. It's I don't think it's that dark, but it is like I do get that. I'm like, I can't add the extra thing right now of like right.
Speaker 1: Way would you like if that's like if that's the toggle or if that if that like flips the switch, then like there's no reason to do it. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I also think it's just like like a myth that it's something you need, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like it's it's really not well, this is what people point out all the time, especially and like AA is like it's so hard because it is literally shoved in our faces constantly. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm just thinking about us like doing absolute vodka. Sure, I mean like, but that's that's not no, that's to have a nice celebratory time. And guess what I think that every now and then have a causma back to me, back to the check. I Julio answered, what the fuck is that? He's no, he just he just sent back d E I R D R E I dere tell him, tell him, yeah, this is too much.
Speaker 1: You are indulging. Yeah he is. He is being very indulgent as he's want to do as he's wanted to do. We love him for that. Anyway, I will not continue to drag this into the depths. No, but see, this is what what is this instinct of not wanting to talk about this unless you really don't feel comfortable talking about it. I think the instinct to not want to talk about it is just well clearly I did talk about it.
Speaker 2: So and it's it's been the way that I'm feeling for like kind of a while. And I think that maybe the reason for like a new connection with Lana del Ray. But I will say this, all the music that I'm listening to actually is starting to terrorize me. It's starting to chase me around. So talk about this. So I need to get out of the loop that I'm in because all the all the like and this is I literally think, and this is something Spotify you I I need a Spotify. I need to like wipe it clean and just start fresh. I don't know how to do that because literally it's like it's like.
Speaker 1: There's a whole place in the New York about how this Spotify user experience is actually really damaging and it's like not sorry, we love we love your Spotify, but also like the way the user experience is designed does not incentivize you to discover new things.
Speaker 2: It literally the other day, Bowen, I was in a bad mood, and I swear to God, I love I love her so much. I love her so much, Lana. But I did not want to listen to chapelone again.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 2: I did not want to listen to Espresso again. I understand I actually needed a little bit of a break from tortured Bowet's. It was making me too sad. I didn't want to look, and then I literally looked. It was almost like I couldn't find new music. Oh It's almost like I was like Spotify would only regurgitate to me things that I had listened to before, are things that were exactly the same, right, And I'm like, wait, it really boxes you into this zone and keeps you there so that it can identify more easily what you like.
Speaker 1: This is this is the James seamous thing. Yeah, Like, at a certain point, you go, I don't want any of this right now, none of it.
Speaker 2: It's it's dating apps, it's shopping online, it's it's streaming.
Speaker 1: It's like, it's this is.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I forget about how dating apps has attacked me recently.
Speaker 1: I'm harping on this so much, but to talk about this forget about it. Just it's almost like it's actually scary. It's almost like, well, I'm not going to see this person. Boom.
Speaker 2: Well I'm not going to see this type of person. Boom, Well I'm not going to This is never this will never happen. Boom. It's just like I hate feeling so known and basic by my devices, you know what I mean. It's like it will literally make you feel like the smallest person in the world your phone. And this is another Gabe Leban shout out from his seminole stand up album HII. But this was before like we had like a common like discourse around algorithms and shit, like it came out like twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: I want to say, I might be getting the date wrong, the year wrong. But he has a he has a whole joke where he's like, it's creepy how Netflix finds out that you're gay because you don't tell it that because he goes meanwhile, like I go on Facebook and I'm like, I'm Gabe and I'm a big old Helmo And then the whole right thing of my screen is.
Speaker 3: Tank toptops for sale, which was just which just like this is the thing though, It's like, why does it feel like an insult?
Speaker 2: It's does it feel is because it makes because it makes you feel your interests are very limited, That's what it is. And I know that's not true about myself. Yes, And I honestly think, if I'm to be very real, I think it hurts this podcast sometimes.
Speaker 1: Of course it guys, We're like, what we're talking about the same shit.
Speaker 2: I feel redundant and boring, and so sometimes I'm just like, you know what, it might be nice.
Speaker 1: For some app to force me to read a book.
Speaker 2: And I have, really I've been trying to put myself out there in regard I honestly a lot.
Speaker 1: Of it with self protection.
Speaker 2: And pop music is a drug, and especially as it gets shorter, it's like a little tiny hit that's supposed to make you feel better in a second. And guess what, a lot of these girls are really good at it and doing it in elevated ways. I think that's what pisses me off kind of about woman's world is because it's trying to be nothing and so therefore it is and when it gets in my ears, I'm like a little insulted. I'm like, this is such bullshit and garbage nothing that I feel like you thought you really could get away with it, and you used to actually challenge the pop landscape Katie Perry, Like, I'll say again, like when you came out with I Kissed a Girl, everyone was like, who's that? What's she all about? That's a new perspective, this is a new sound, this is a new thing. She's like a warped tour like pop Girl. It was like a new fresh thing. Now she's it's a woman's world. And I'm sorry. I know that Lifetimes is better, but it's the same thing, you know what I mean. Her second single is called Lifetime. I get that it's like a better song and it's not as like on the nose vanilla like, but it's also have you not heard it yet?
Speaker 1: Heard it?
Speaker 2: She's pushing it like they're already moving on to the second single because the first one was such a flop. But even that song, like, yeah, you could definitely turn this on into a gay party and we could all like not think about it, and sure, it's just ambious. It's not doing anything.
Speaker 1: I mean, first of all, I want to say, made the switch over to Apple Music, enjoying it, but that might turn to do the same thing so far, not because it's reminding me of iPod days, okay, and I happen to like some discovery stuff on there. There's an app called song Shift that'll just import your whole Spotify library over to Apple if you want that. But it sounds like you want to start fresh, which maybe, but like whatever, it's there for you if you want. I've been like dipping into techno, like Ven from Bergheim, like curating a techno playlist and I'm like, oh, like like he has on Apple and I'm just like listening to it. I'm like, this is perfect. This is perfect. Every day doesn't feel like like what you're saying, like a quick hit of something. It just feels it is intentionally ambient rather than like deceptively ambient in the way that like Lifetimes might be like put it on a gay party and I guess we'll just like do other stuff while that plays. Techno is like I'm reading to this and it works, or I'm just like doing washing the dishes to techno and if it's a vibe and I'm like this is like there's an authentic thing to this kind of music and to listening to music and way where you're like, this is just to put on in play. It's like putting on a vinyl on on the fucking record player and all you can do is drop the needle and let it play. And like if you're fussy with like skipping a track, it's like you're not really supposed to do that. You're supposed to just let it play continuously. That is what we are kind of missing right now. Am I making sense? No, yeah, it is. It doesn't make sense to me, But we're about to say something.
Speaker 2: I think because it exists and breathes, whereas like pop music, like it's literally a little hit, it's picks and valleys.
Speaker 1: It's like drugs and some of.
Speaker 2: These girls are drug dealers and they're incredible. I think Sabrina Carpenter is an amazing drug dealer.
Speaker 1: That's a real culture. Number seventy.
Speaker 2: I think is an amazing drug dealer because she keeps you hooked.
Speaker 1: I mean please.
Speaker 2: And now do you hear the new song what's called slim Pickens?
Speaker 1: Oh uh huh? Like out it's there's an acoustic version that she performs at the Grammy Museum with Jack Antonov.
Speaker 2: That's like out there. We'll listen to it after this. But she's just like she's she's super smart and funny, and I think the album is gonna be great. I think you know what it is. Like we've been talking about how this year is like the year of pop gurlies, pop girlies, pop gurlies, that there's been so much that it's been all I'm consuming, and then suddenly my Spotify is like your one thing. You are one thing. It's not anyone's fault, like that works there or whatever. It's just algorithmic and I get it. Like, but even on YouTube and stuff, which is how I've ended up getting a lot of my news, it's like you forget you have other interests than the three things that they send you on YouTube. Yeah, if people are identifying with this, Holly, if you hear me, Holl, I think people have to be though, because that's like the way the internet works, and.
Speaker 1: It's dehumanizing right in a very literal way. It's like, oh, you think I'm an ATM and I buy three things not metaphor doesn't really make sense an ATM and I buy three things, like you think I'm an ATM and yeah, I whatever, you know what I mean. It's like I spin out money or you're an ATM and you think I come to you for there's only one thing, sure exactly, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: No, you're an ATM.
Speaker 1: Also, what you're what you're talking about is really obsessing over the past and then having anxiety over the future. Like literally, what's missing? Not to sound this is so fucking irolly, but like what's missing is like a presence, you know, like it was like and that you should be present, Yeah, and breathe. It's the only sort of a conscious and unconscious thing process in the body, you know what I mean. It happens if you think about it happens if you don't.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like I think I used to like call it like manifesting. I was like, oh no, I'm not like fixated on like what's gonna happen. I'm just manifesting, you know what I mean. But that's like and that's always worked for me, you know what I mean. It's just like lately, I don't know, I'm just I'm just.
Speaker 1: Changing speak of YouTube. And I really hope this populates a lot of people's algorithms. Look up the School of Life. I think I've told you about this, and I've told I think I've mentioned this on the pod. But they're this like really cute British company and they like sell books at urban outfitters and shit, and it's like little journals and they're really good actually, and I sound like a teenager. But they make videos too about how like an early bedtime is actually really nice. I love it and I love but then that, but then that all leads to like, at a certain point in life, you realize that like a simpler life is the answer to everything. An early bedtime you just watch what you eat every now and then, not for like any like vanity project, but just as a way of just like taking care of yourself. I don't know. It's like a really lovely thing. And like when I went through that whole moment last summer, I was reading their books, I was watching these videos and I was like, oh, this is a comfort. Do you remember when we saw Varta Jean at the Errorstour.
Speaker 2: At the Crown and Anchor and at one point she leaves the stage and the piano player played Miley Cyrus.
Speaker 1: I know I used to be crazy. I know I used to be fun. I was like, on the first it's such a good song. It's great that Miley cyrus that Miley loves that song. Adele Adele, I.
Speaker 2: Think Patrick, I think House was telling me that Adele's only shouted at two people at her Vega shows, Miley for I used to be young and Sabrina Carpenter yep first.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, yep. Adele gets it.
Speaker 2: Adela Spotify too when it's feeding her the same shit.
Speaker 1: Too, do you think?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I will say like, this was not to knock any of my girls.
Speaker 1: I was just in a in a moment.
Speaker 2: I was within an hour where I was like, you know what, Chapel, I've been listening to you not.
Speaker 1: That this moment is indicative of something. Yes it is.
Speaker 2: It's just me wanting to like expand a little bit more and feel like a little bit more comfortable and secure, that's all. And like I think being like sort of attacked on the internet by the things that you associate with a bad time is not great.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Like, it's a lot of this music that's like emotional and like really puts me in my feelings about things I've been through and I'm like I don't want to hear that song again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I know, I don't want to hear this song again.
Speaker 2: I know, like leave Me Alone Coffee by Chapelone, Oh beautiful song so good.
Speaker 1: After this. But anyway, let's actually do I don't think so, honey, and you go first, because it's gonna kick us into a conversation about a cultural topic.
Speaker 2: I was, Yes, I'm doing that for later. Oh you're doing that for later? Yes, okay, got it?
Speaker 1: Does that make sense? Yes, it makes sense. And Anna are gonna go. We have some work to do, and then we have to go to Watch It Happens Live. We're doing Watch It Happens Live.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be on this Sunday, and then they're having us do I don't think they're having things on it, okay, So then I don't want then I want to say one thing okay on this podcast because I don't know how much of it we're gonna have to be able to get out.
Speaker 1: Let me go on Watch It Happens Live. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all this hysteria about needing to reboot The Real Housewives of New Jersey, guys, calm down. There is a very clear answer here to what needs to happen. Theresa Judaice is married to a man who is dark, toxic, weird, and potentially a little dangerous. So as long as she is on the show, her storylines are gonna be dark, toxic, weird, and a little dangerous. And Jen is her lackey and completely spinning out and clearly miserable and acts like a seventh grader in the way that she treats people and the way that she talks to people and the way that she interacts with the world around her. They are the only thing besides Jackie who's like, well, I don't even know what happened. It's so disappointed, but obviously never not coming back. And it's crazy because I've met Jackie personally a couple times, and I just don't understand.
Speaker 1: What do you think she's doing.
Speaker 2: You met her and her husband, Adam glad the Gladawars, Yeah, And then I met her at pravocand I've always thought she was lovely and smart and great, and I just don't understand a single thing that she's done. And I hope everything's okay. But my thing with the two of them is it's just like they're the cancer here. They are the problem. Teresa and Jen. You have a great show there with Rachel, Danielle, Dolores, Jen Fessler, Margaret and Melissa. That's like a six people right there, and then cast a couple new women the reboot of it all. It's like, you don't need to do that, especially when you have already large group of women with working dynamics.
Speaker 1: Did you see Dolores when she was.
Speaker 2: In the the well, You guys didn't see this yet, but we saw it anyway. It's so clear Dolores actually enjoys one group more than the other, but for some reason, she has to pretend that she likes Teresa and Jen more than the rest of them, and it's to her detriment.
Speaker 1: Being Switzerland is overrated. I think it's something that's worked for her entire life. But that's the thing too, It's like you're not making a decision right, there's no conviction.
Speaker 2: And I think that if she's exhausted by being in the middle, that's something she can fix for herself. But I also think Dolores Ktanya and I think I like this about her all right. I understand this about her. She has a difficult time letting go, and I think that she's getting better at it in her personal life and stuff. But you know, she was so close to Frank for such a long time, and you understand why she's not going to like toss someone like Teresa out. They've been like lifelong friends. But like right is right and wrong is wrong, and there's a lot of right and wrong here. The last thing I'll say on the issue is if Dolores Ktanya is taking off my television screens, I'm out.
Speaker 1: I'm no longer a Bravo fan, and I do want to publicly. Maybe I'll do this on the show on what it happens. I do want to There's been documented moments of me questioning your love of Dolores. Yeah, there is on video. No less, and I have to say now that I've really like committed to New Jersey. I totally get it. What a fabulous No. We just worked it out on the remix. We did just work it out on the remix. Should we do all of things? Money, Let's do it. This is I don't think Soney. This is where we take one minute to rail against something in culture. Matt, do you want to go first? Sure? I'm also happy to know I have something good, Okay, this is Matt Rogers. I don't think so many as time starts now, I don't think so honey. Everyone hounding me on my Instagram reel where I eat the steamer.
Speaker 2: It's a steamer clan. People don't seem to know what it is like. People are fascinated by this type of food. I'll explain it to you so you don't have to say I don't think so honey.
Speaker 1: I know what this is.
Speaker 2: A steamer clam is a soft shell clam that is served in like a garlicky broth, and it's they pop open and what you do is you take the tail off, you dip it in some water to clean off the steamer because sometimes there's still some stuff from the sea, sand and stuff. You clean it off, You dip it in butter, and then you eat the sucker. Sometimes this steamer clam can be quite large. And we were in Provincetown, and I don't think so honey, that anyone was going to eat this big one but me. So I said, remember how big that steamer was?
Speaker 1: A big steamer.
Speaker 2: The one was the person that recorded this, and I put that in my mouth and I wanted it recorded, so I could show people my culture. So I don't think, so honey, all us are coming from my culture research. They did serve that at the restaurant. They serve it all around the Northeast and around the country. Go get yourself a steamer clam. I do think so honey. They're delicious, And that's one minute. I love steamer. I've think about steamers my whole life. But you are really doing a lot of I guess, educational work and telling people what these things are. And I think that I obviously it was an on if you go to my Instagram, less real that I posted it's this one. Yeah, but it was an uncommonly large one, like everyone at the table was. It looked even bigger in person.
Speaker 1: It was huge. It was huge. You are really a true Pisces. You are a child of the seas. I'm of the sea, I'm of the waters. I love that. That's one of my favorite textual things about you is that you are you grew up by the ocean. I'm a nautical and pown is like so my culture, I think. But I think my my number one moment being there was eating that steamer, but also tied with us watching thirty Rock oh my god. We went back and watched thirty watching Dirty Rocks. We we went to a house and then we were like, let's go back home and watch thirty Rock because I I've always been obsessed with this joke and I finally had to get there, get the get the wording right for the quotes. But it's it's a lane stretches Jacks mom Colleen and she she meets Lizz's family. I think this is a Ludica Christmas episode from season two, and they go they go out to eat together. I like a restaurant thirty Rock in the concourse, like some like chili style place, and then she she just goes it's so hard to choose. The photos of the food looks so good, like it's like a perfectly calibrated trick. It's like not too jokey, but it's like so in character for that, for that scene and for her, and oh I love it.
Speaker 2: I mean we also watched The Queen of Jordan Jordan, which where was Sherry Shepherd's Emmy? Where was Sherry Shepherd's Emmy for the Queen of Jordan? Tell me now, explain it to me. I don't understand. That was amazing that episode of TV is incredible.
Speaker 1: I wanted to be a singer ever since I was a little Drumglas booked a recordings to you last night? What did what was her name? Randy? Randy said something at one point that was completely insane. After my second husband shot me for the second time. After my second husband shot me for the second time, I knew that love with you watching Lynn and it was up watching Lynn and Frank work out their differences. I offered to rent out my strip Lotties studio that I got after I after I got money from the city after that cops shop. Here's something she just her character game is that she just keeps getting shot by people. It's so crazy. Also Portia, I don't care what anyone says. I keep them three D glasses and then don't do impressions about the races, Sherry Shepherd. That line delivery from Sherry don't do impressions about the races? Good.
Speaker 2: Obviously, there's you know the famous my single my single is Dropping has dropped, one of.
Speaker 1: The cleanest, purest, simplest jokes. Pors reads the papers. She reads the piece my single my single is dropping is dropping? Is the for sales two shoes never worn. It's like it's a full story. Wait.
Speaker 2: Wait, Also, this is the beginning of the scene where she's shopping and she goes, I need to look good for my party, and I refuse to wear anything in my size or appropriate for my age.
Speaker 1: Would go I happen to be a Christian illiterate. We'll donate to the Obama campaign. We support you, Setta, we support Yousett. I'm sorry, but I need a mental rule of culture. My single, my single is dropping, is the for sale baby shoes never worn of jokes? Yeah, really good, Okay, let's do it. What rule of the country is that two?
Speaker 2: My single Dropping is dropping? Dropping is the for sale sale baby baby shoes never worn.
Speaker 1: It's a full story. It tells the story to getting middle Woman. It really does. My single, my single is drop, I dropping it? Okay, Oh I had I just had one? Oh no, damn it. I hate this feeling.
Speaker 2: What is this feeling? So sudden and new? I felt the moment I forgot why? I don't think so honey.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, okay, are you ready queen it? Yep?
Speaker 2: All right, this is gonna be Bowen Yang's I don't think so honey, and his time starts now.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, honey. I don't mean to kill these plants, and yet I do. I am trying to keep this snake plant alive. No, sorry, not the snake plant. This I'm oh. I think it's an Indian dragon tree. I might be making that up hold on them. See, maybe this is maybe this is the problem to begin with. I don't even know the names of these things, and I I am not gonna here's the thing. I'm not gonna name these plants because I it's so hard to say goodbye, and then I'm gonna feel even more guilty for killing them. It's a song of India. The leaves keep yellowing. I water so diligently. I am on a schedule, on an app on Planta. I am. I am making sure these plants stay alive. And for the most part they are. But this song of India is really hard and I it's a huge, heavy pot and I'm pretty I'm like eighty five percent sure there's a hole in it for drainage.
Speaker 2: But I need some help. I need the plant doctor to come into my house. If you take house calls, plant doctor.
Speaker 1: Come on over. That's one minute. I will say it looks pretty healthy to me. There's some yellowing. I don't know.
Speaker 2: That has to be a pretty complicated guy to keep it. It's tear down, but it should. It's a little bare bones and I want it to be more lush, and it's a little anyway. It seemed better days. Yeah, I would say, don't be too hard on yourself. You're doing the best that you can. How many times do you water it?
Speaker 1: It's like once every eight days. It doesn't need that much water. And yet and it's in a good spot. I mean it's right in the winds, right in the window. It's fine. I'll all figure it out. What about this one? These are flowers that I get every week that I give a week plant that's flowers flower? Okay? The difference, Well, this has been an episode of last cult that we will remember. I think it was releasing the valve a little bit.
Speaker 2: I had to release the valve a little bit. I've kind of been releasing the valve every day and you have to Yeah, isn't that weird? Like sometimes you just really are more emotional than other times. Like I remember, like a few months ago, I couldn't even I couldn't even think about creating tears.
Speaker 1: I'm like every day, I'm jealous of y'all. Y'all motherfuckers who cry. I cry. I love to cry. I'm that Pisces, Pisces cancer, and that's who I am. I'm a Scorpio down. The only wetness comes out of the other end, totally fun, dripped drip drip on hardwood floors and dens across the board. Anyway, we and every single episode of the song, Oh No, I used to be crazy, Hona used to be one, I used to be wild. Because you don't know the song, I know it, Bye bye Last Culture. Racis is the production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players in iHeart Radio Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Created and hosted by Matt Rogers and Bowen Yang. Executive produced by Anna Hasnier and Hans Soni
Speaker 1: Produced by Becker Ramos, edited mixed by Doug Babmimnifla board and our music is by Henry Koberski