Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to your weekend. A little extra treat on a Sunday. It's brooking Jeffrey the Second.
Speaker 2: Date Up Day podcast. I know you too, I know you do. And before we get to a say yes to the ex which I think you're gonna just find amazing. Maybe it's a good way to memorable memory.
Speaker 1: I'd love to read this comment from Skyler Anderson. It says, been listening to these for three years and had nobody to talk to about it, but now you're all over TikTok, so I could finally not be ashamed to be a fan.
Speaker 3: That was like, look, I knew you guys before you were cool and viral, okay, and these people all stayed quiet them they're my god, this is such garbage ring And now you can even buy our.
Speaker 2: Merch that hey it's Sunday, spend some of that money for a good cause. The proceeds do go to charity.
Speaker 1: Uh And again the link is in the show notes, only available for a couple more weeks, So make it happen now if you want that Second Date update merch and we'll get your say yes, the X started right now.
Speaker 3: It can be frustrating when your significant other doesn't clearly tell you what it is they want.
Speaker 4: Or need from you.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I know. Brooke never understands her husband's needs.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: To be fair, it could because of the gag in his mouth and the dark cloth bag over his head, so everything kind of comes out as a mumble. Speak up, Michael, Come on, Ann, it's not that hard anyway. You get the point and dream twice for you. One of our listeners is facing a similar communication issue with her relationship. All she's asking for is some clarity and in her words, quote, man up and just say it. Oh, you'll hear exactly what she wants in a brand news Say Yes to the X it's coming up right after this. It's one of the stranger emails that we received lately.
Speaker 2: I like the start of this already, Jeff you guys.
Speaker 3: And when I first read it, I thought, oh, this is a second date update. But then I realized, no, actually, maybe it's more of a closure call, but not really, so I landed on say Yes to the X. Okay, And when our producer reached out to the listener and said, hey, your story would be great for Say Yes to the X, she replied, well, technically he's not my ex. So at this point this is say yes to the E because we're not really sure how to label this relationship exactly. Hopefully Vicky can help clear things up for us. Vicky, welcome to say yes to the end. How you doing?
Speaker 5: Thank you? I'm good? How are you?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: I could squeeze you into the show somehow. Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: Here's my question. When you're talking to your girlfriends about whoever this is, how do you refer to.
Speaker 5: Him his name?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's hot, and what's his name?
Speaker 5: His name is James?
Speaker 3: Okay, and tell us about yours and James's relationship. Is it fair to call it a relationship or is that not a.
Speaker 2: Good work even friendships relationship?
Speaker 5: He yes, there is a relationship. So we went on about five maybe six dates and really seemed to hit it off.
Speaker 2: And how long ago was this?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, this was about about eight months ago?
Speaker 2: Okay, about long agoo?
Speaker 5: Okay, So after one of our dates, he asked me to be his girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Ok we are so in the relationship territory, so yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you guys are official.
Speaker 5: Right. So about seven months ago we had a date and he was supposed to come, you know, home with me, like it was time we were an official relations.
Speaker 2: The family say, how to your parents? Is that what you mean?
Speaker 3: I think back to her like her apartment.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry, I get had ton way before relationships, daddy. That's the first seven seconds for most Okay, okay, so you guys were going to ice do the same.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's right, and all times were appointing there. So I was really shocked when James just said never mind, he was going to go home, and he just left me on my doorsteps.
Speaker 2: He didn't come in at all.
Speaker 5: No, he just said he changed his mind, he can't stay and just had to go change.
Speaker 2: Like, how do you say? What are you feeling in that moment?
Speaker 5: Really confused and hurt because I haven't heard anything from him. Yeah, so since he initiated a com about like we're in a relationship and he's the man in the situation, I feel like we're still in a relationship.
Speaker 3: Are you not? Are you not considering an ex? Because the total time you guys spent officially as boyfriend and girlfriend was less than forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: No, did you just hear she's not considering it an ex because she thinks she's still in a relationship because he never called it off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he hasn't.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if it really works.
Speaker 2: It doesn't, but that's to me.
Speaker 3: That means theoretically it makes sense. But seven months of silence is a pretty clear message.
Speaker 2: What do you think happened?
Speaker 5: I have no idea what happened. And that's why I'm reaching out to you, because I feel like he needs to tell me, like, are we still in a relationship?
Speaker 3: Have you gone to his house or anything? Like did you go over there? Yeah? Have you gone through his mail and stuff?
Speaker 2: Option? Yeah, I would track him down too, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Your boyfriend, right, so it's not weird.
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, after like a day, yeah, not missing person.
Speaker 5: I went by his place a couple of times. It didn't look like he was there, but I didn't do anything about it, like doc him or anything like.
Speaker 3: That's good self restraint.
Speaker 5: I feel like me an explation or closure was closure.
Speaker 3: So people are new to this segment, say yes to the ex. Basically, we get an email from someone. In this case it's Vicky. They want us to reach out to their quote X in this case James, who's not really the ex. And the thing is we've already done that. James has agreed to come on our show knowing that someone from his past is looking for him. He just doesn't know who it is.
Speaker 2: He's smart enough to put it together.
Speaker 3: Well, we don't tell him any details ahead of time. We just say there's someone from your past.
Speaker 2: Or the title of the segment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you still want to be in a relationship with him?
Speaker 5: I am in a relationship with him, right, he hasn't broken.
Speaker 4: Up with you.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I wonder how he's gonna feel about it when we bring him on and I want my girlfriend, Yeah, I lost her like seven months ago.
Speaker 1: I wonder if he's acting like he's a relationship for the past seven months.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I mean, what connection have you had with him in the past seven months? Has there been anything at all?
Speaker 5: Last week I posted a Photoston, like.
Speaker 2: A picture of you two looking like a couple.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're in a relationship you want?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: This is starting to feel not quite as healthy as we started.
Speaker 5: Really, Okay, I don't see the problem. What's the problem?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brook, It's just you know, some people are let's say, not strong enough to actually break up a relationship.
Speaker 3: Face to face the Brooks in the world.
Speaker 2: I think it's no more like.
Speaker 5: Me in the world.
Speaker 1: Him him ghosting you, I think is his way of saying that he's not in the relationship anymore.
Speaker 5: Well, that's that's why I contacted you, guys. He needs to like say what he wants and be with me or be a man and say what though.
Speaker 3: Says I don't want to be with you and I didn't know how to say it, and that's it. That's okay. That would be saying no to the act. Remember this is saying yes for a segment.
Speaker 5: Yea.
Speaker 3: So depending on how this goes, we'll find out we're gonna talk to your ex but not really exce your current significant other James possibly and see what he says when we continue Say Yes to the Right after this, we're in the middle of a segment called say Yes to the X, or at least for today, it's say Yes.
Speaker 2: To the.
Speaker 3: Because our listener Vicky went out with a guy half a dozen times, at which point he asked her to be official boyfriend girlfriend. She was super excited about that idea said yes. The next date he left her stay ending on the doorstep of her house in the pouring rain.
Speaker 2: Wow, you're making up.
Speaker 3: It was some nineties indie song happening in real life, But they were romantic. That was seven months ago and they've had no contact since and no official breakup talk either.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Still, that's why Vicky still considers them to technically be together. Brook, what's your take on the situation?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I can understand her need for closure.
Speaker 3: That's hard, but she doesn't want to close it. She wants to keep it open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know that that's going to happen.
Speaker 1: I think that the picture she posted on Instagram of them as a happy couple.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Vicky, I'm hoping he didn't see that. What do you mean?
Speaker 5: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Well, it could come off as maybe maybe what Brooke a little clinging here?
Speaker 5: It is ling like romantic.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh yeah, you know. I'm never I'm never shocked by Brook's unrelenting optimism in these situations. That's why we love having you on this show.
Speaker 2: Brooks so hard right now, shows James so hard.
Speaker 3: It is coming through. So remember, Vicky, We've already reached out to James. He has agreed to be on with us, but he does not know exactly who it is. He only knows it's somebody from his past.
Speaker 5: Present.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, present, but also passed seven months ago.
Speaker 2: You haven't talked to him in a long time.
Speaker 5: I have driven my house, so I told you that, right.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, these are some of the details I might not include when I talked to him. We'll just see how the conversation goes. I'll call you in when we feel like we're ready. Okay, okay, all right, here we go. Let's punch up. James here, James, Hello, are you there? Yeah, I'm here, Hey, James, we're brooking Jeffrey in the morning. Thanks for being on with us.
Speaker 4: Good morning, James, Hey, James, Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet you were excited when you got.
Speaker 5: Our em Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm definitely curious, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I know it's kind of unusual, but we do this segment here. It's called Say Yes to the X, and basically the idea is somebody from your romantic past wanted us to reach out and reconnect you. Okay, okay, so you get the concept. This is a woman named Vicky. Do you remember Vicky?
Speaker 4: Uh a Vicky?
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, that's.
Speaker 4: That doesn't sound familiar.
Speaker 2: Guys, do we have the right person? Did you email the wrong person?
Speaker 3: The number is right, you're James.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is James, But I don't know who Vicky is.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe it's Victoria, Like did we get her name wrong?
Speaker 3: So the last time you saw her you were over at her place and you said no to staying the night.
Speaker 4: Uh, I don't know what you're talking.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on any.
Speaker 3: Memory loss issues? Have you hit your head?
Speaker 2: Do you date a lot?
Speaker 5: Is that it?
Speaker 2: Are you like going on tons of dates?
Speaker 4: I've been on a couple of dates, but I wouldn't say so many. I would forget someone.
Speaker 3: Okay, Look, so wait, your name James is correct, your phone number is right. It's weird that you have no recollection of what we're talking about. The person who should be able to shed some light on this for us is your quote ex Vicky.
Speaker 2: Vicky still thinks she's in a relationship with you and you don't even know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, why don't you talk to her? Because she is on the phone right now waiting to speak with you.
Speaker 2: Maybe you can figure out who she is.
Speaker 5: I am, hey James, Vicky.
Speaker 4: Uh, Hi, you're saying we dated?
Speaker 5: Yes? On the SIMS our characters went out? Waity, did sims the video game? Yeah? You just disappeared. I haven't seen you anywhere, and I you know, are we still together? Dames?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I can't Why did you respond to this email?
Speaker 2: Did you do no research into any of this?
Speaker 3: Jeff, don't pen this on me?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: You're the home one that would say yes to the I don't know. She could have done some back since she went out with the guys six times and that they had an official talk.
Speaker 2: Did you ask about in person?
Speaker 3: You never asked those questions either, broke that? Wait, James, you're still there right.
Speaker 4: I'm yeah, I'm here. So you're talking about our characters and the Sims.
Speaker 5: Yeah, after our sims became offic So we went on one date and then you've left, and I'm just do you plan on taking me out or you just ghosting.
Speaker 2: Me in the video game? Is that what you want him to do?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: VICKI, I have to ask a question after in the last seven months, when you went by his house, what is was it driving by his virtual house or his real house?
Speaker 5: His virtual health?
Speaker 3: Okay, so you don't.
Speaker 2: Know where he lives in real life?
Speaker 5: No, James, and in a little bit of defense.
Speaker 3: And I'm not kidding when I say this. Sometimes when you play video games with somebody every day, your form relationships. So I can see why she could feel some serious feelings here. What you do relationship wise with your Pokemon is your business. We're talking about Vicky and James here. James, do you recall who this is?
Speaker 5: Did you?
Speaker 4: Did you have pink hair?
Speaker 5: Yes? That's me, he remembers.
Speaker 4: Okay, look, I didn't know your name was Vicky first of all, but I I didn't want to tell you at the time. I actually I actually ended up meeting someone else in the game.
Speaker 2: Whoa wait, your character met another character.
Speaker 4: I did, and and we are still together.
Speaker 3: But you were you were official with this me.
Speaker 5: What is her name?
Speaker 2: What's her name?
Speaker 3: Isn't really?
Speaker 2: What was the instagram? A pick of your sim's holding?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, we looked so perfect together.
Speaker 2: What is your name?
Speaker 3: James? You want to give the name of your new sim girlfriend?
Speaker 4: Uh, I'm I'm nervous to you now.
Speaker 2: Don't don't do that. Definitely, don't, James. I can't believe you like it's it's interesting.
Speaker 1: It's interesting that you're also entertaining the new relationship as a relationship is.
Speaker 3: It's just in a different world.
Speaker 1: This is the virtual game, Jeff. Is called a game because it's to be played. It's not to be taken seriously.
Speaker 5: It's real to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, well it's not that is a problem.
Speaker 3: That is a problem. I think it's sweet that Vicky is so adamant about this virtual relationship and she wants to keep it going already. Vicky, Well, yeah, I don't know many.
Speaker 2: You could probably have as many partners as you want.
Speaker 1: If you're a Sims characterous.
Speaker 3: Brook, don't bring your real life situation into the virtual world.
Speaker 5: Broke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't sleep around there. I'm sorry, I can't.
Speaker 3: Good. It's nice to meet an upstanding person once on this show, so James. Normally, normally I would ask in this situation, if there was any chance that your sim would consider getting back.
Speaker 2: With anything anyone, you will do, Jeff.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, Sims bucks or something. It sounds like you are already spoken for. You're a very loyal person in the sim world. Nobody's discussed the real world relationship though, Like, are you open to meeting Vicky out in the real world for an actual date.
Speaker 4: What I'm sorry. I I don't date in the real world.
Speaker 3: Wait, what do you mean.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm busy enough with my SIMS girlfriend. I don't have time in the real world.
Speaker 2: And these people could have been perfect for each other.
Speaker 3: It's just bad timing in the in the SIMS world. So man, I'm sorry he's married.
Speaker 5: James, I miss you.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Well, there's always hope that maybe James and his virtual girlfriend won't work out.
Speaker 1: And if you see some pink hair hiding out of a virtual bush.
Speaker 3: Virtual cops, Yeah
Speaker 5: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.