Speaker 1: What's up? And welcome back to another episode of No Sealers Podcast with your hosts Now fuck that with your load glasses Malone. Oh man, it's one of those days. One of those days, isn't it? So many things, man, so many things. Today. I met Thai No, no, Paul, bro, I'm going to eat tay food.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: I think you said you're going to meet Thai, like meet up, going to eat Thaie?
Speaker 2: Got you?
Speaker 4: That should be nice?
Speaker 2: What are you? What are you gonna have?
Speaker 1: They have these noodles. I don't quite know how to pronounce them. Let me see like a past see you, that's exactly how you pronounced yeah, past lou gotcha. Yeah. And it's a tired place right here. That's really good. I tried something and it was fire. And today I'm gonna get them and ship. It was really good.
Speaker 4: Great country speaking man.
Speaker 1: And and uh, it's been in a crazy morning, man. I was just I was on clubhouse with the hommies. And you know what I can't stand, bro, I hate when people advocate for Satan. That bothers me when they play the Devil's advocate. Mm hmm, I cannot stand that. Like and I saw like.
Speaker 2: Advocate.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's like they advocate and say, but well, let me be the devil's advocate. Why do you want to advocate for that? Dude? You know what I'm saying, Like, what's the point of it? But it's been it's been one of those mornings, man. But last Monday we were supposed to talk about it was the birthday for Thriller the single was released. That would have been the forty No thirty forty forty first, forty first birthday for Thriller forty first. Yes, that the single came out in eighty three is November eleventh, eighty three. But the Homie twine passed away and it just really rocked me to the core over the weekend, so I didn't really get a chance to talk about that song and all of the different fly stuff that was happening. So again, this is No Sentlers Live Lunch Hour every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at noon specific standard time. Click the thumbs up, let everybody know you hear, show some love. Going to the description, click the No Sellers podcast. Subscribe to it Apple Podcasts, anywhere you get your podcasts. Executive produced by Charlotmagne and God Black effect network and iHeart so yeah, I'm still working through this Twine everything going on with Twine. Like, I'm still working through it. It's really hard. It's crazy how hard it is, but we gotta work through it. And it's kind of been still in my joy, you know what I mean, to some degree, especially like when I'm going, like I'm a lot better when I'm offline, but whenever I'm in the space with people that I feel like, or whenever I'm in a place where I shared a certain thing with Twine, it just get really hard for me. It ain't be right. So I'm working through it. It's gonna take me a good week even you know, when I'm in the clubhouse space with my brother traps travel just hopped out. It's just been tough, you know what I mean. Like it's tough. It's tough like certain certain certain lights you know, when you lose that light, you know what I'm saying. It really it really kind of throws you off, you know what I'm saying. And I ain't really been right. So I'm gonna try to keep working through it. But today again, like I said, I'm gonna get Tai noodles, uh I tasted them. They was really good, right, so I'm gonna finally eat the whole plate of them. And I wanted to make sure we got back to that Michael Jackson's Thriller single Birthday. That's the last single off the Thriller album. Most likely the greatest music video of all time came from that song and just a sheer phenomenon. I was watching a dope documentary on Showtime on the Showtime app and they were talking about how that album was selling. Like that album, like roughly I think it was. They put out seven or eight singles. The first seven singles if that was the A for the ninth single, The first seventh or a singles pushed the album to two or three million times platinum. Like people don't realize it came out in eighty two, and over that whole next twelve months, the album only was at two to three million times platinum. With all of those big smash records that was on the Thriller album. And when they decided to put out the Thriller song as the last single, right, Mike kept pushing for it. That's when he goes and gets the real big film producer to shoot the music video. They come up with the idea Mike MTV, who didn't even want to play Michael Jackson videos, you know initially, like Sony had to go hard to get them to play the videos. They financed the idea for the Thriller music video. Most people don't know so shut out to TIMTV for you know, coming that three sixty turn to where they finally realized that we brought value to the space and they financed it and John Landis shot the video and it became this huge video right with everything. You know, it kind of changed music at that point. That that's one of those things where Michael Jackson is probably undercredited, you know what he was able to do with the music video because he was at he was at the dawn of it to some degree, that video coming out and becoming the you know, impacting the world. It made. The album sold twice as many, like right, it went from two to three million to four to six million so week, no, no, no, no, that's how much it actually caught up in those next couple of months. Yeah, so he was rough somewhere between four to six million going into eighty four, you know what I mean. When he was in eighty four and then when his hair caught on fire, that's when he started selling a million a week and obvious, Yeah, we have the greatest and most successful selling album of all time. Yeah. That was like Donald Trump when he got a shot that, he was like fight, that was Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: You're paying Michael oh yo know.
Speaker 1: And this is what made me want to talk about it. This is I'm glad you got Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 5: I've just seen something earlier that was stating that how close. I never knew that Michael Jackson and Trump was really like good friends. Yeah, he was really stated that in ninety three when when they first started putting the like the child allegations against against Michael Jackson, Trump took Trump took Michael Jackson in for like now, Michael Jackson looked with Trump for nine months.
Speaker 2: Yeah what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Those then those those allegations went away and all that, and when they came back around in two thousand and three, Kamala was I might say her name wrong, but she was leading.
Speaker 2: I called a Kala the other day for some reason. I don't know what.
Speaker 4: She has actually said it both ways herself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, unique so so so in two thousand and three. She she was leading charge on the allegations at that time, and like she was saying, like I mean, she was saying some real shit.
Speaker 2: She was saying, yo, when the.
Speaker 5: Child said something, there's no lie for Chad said, the child said, there's no lie.
Speaker 2: That's what it is. Like that, and they's saying that.
Speaker 5: Trump took took that and was like, all right, you know what, and like him beating her in the race was like his way of getting back at her for what she was doing with Michael Jackson during that time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they framed it really dope they framed it. I mean, I don't I don't think that's truly the story. I mean, it could be in the back of Trump mine. He seemed like one of those people that don't forget me. I could believe it. But yeah, I was looking at that whole story. But I remember that in real time, Trump's sticking up from Michael Jackson, you know what I mean. And that was dope, you know what I mean, because Mike really needed it at that time. Everybody had the worst things to say about Mike, you know how the court of public opinion goo. But I said all that to say that, Wow, thriller is the greatest music video. And that album, you know, it's probably regarded as the greatest album ever. That song is probably the most I cannot that song is not even really that great. I mean it's really great. It's not a good song.
Speaker 3: It's all a song you listened to by itself, you know what I mean. It's yeah, it's not like The Godfather or something.
Speaker 1: You okay, okay, say the words the Thriller without looking at your phone. I said, it's still no, no, no, the first one. You don't know the words. We heard that song.
Speaker 2: It's a groove.
Speaker 1: It's a groove.
Speaker 2: It's growth.
Speaker 1: I'm not disagreeing. I mean, and they stole the groove of Rick James recipece to quince. They stole that groove from Rick James. That song is the most overrated song in life.
Speaker 5: But that's the most Halloween song. When Halloween comes around, you gotta play that song. It didn't even got released on Halloween.
Speaker 2: Halloween.
Speaker 1: No, this is why we were supposed to celebrate the birthday of the single being released, the music video being released on the eleventh. But you know, obviously Twine recipeace tot Homie Twine. But it's like I got threw off. But yes, it came out in November. I remember it came out of November as a little little little kid. It was after thrilling, so we made it after that. When I was thinking of myself, I'm like, I've always said this that this song is the most overrated song in life, like on the Michael Jackson songs. Now greatness. You can't deny the greatness it impacted. It's like unbelievable, But people don't know the song, you know what I mean. The video is for sure the greatest video by far. It's it's unbelievable, but the damn song is really not that great.
Speaker 3: It's the kind of song that they used to kind of make back in the day. I think it's like a sweet you know.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm talking about those kind of songs where it's.
Speaker 1: Not Mike Minnues Mike the minies for the correction. The video came out December. You're right. The song came out in November. They started working a song the radio in November. It wasn't December. Shout out to Mike for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's it's it's the kind of song that I mean, it's exactly what it proved itself to be. It's not a great standalone single. It's the kind of song that does really well with the video. I mean you hear you see the songs like that sometimes with you know, the playover in movies or in TV shows.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna listen to it by itself. Yeah, Like remember that that they did that show what it was called.
Speaker 3: It was like a Netflix show about like the beginning of the FBI and serial killer investigations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a cool show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like that show.
Speaker 1: They had they had.
Speaker 4: Contract issues and never made a third season. It was a cool show.
Speaker 3: And at the end they would play like these really obscure led Zeppelin songs, which are great for cinematography, but they're not like a song you turn on you hop in the car. It was kind of the same type of thing, Like it was this song that lends itself great to a holistic media experience, but not like just a standalone like.
Speaker 4: Are we gonna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Hear it that way though, that's how we hear it. That's how we don't hear it like that. We hear it like it's a song like Hotel California, or it's a song like g thing we hear it that way. I agree it is definitely a stage center as a song. But I was doing some research. This is came when I came across all my studies traveling. People make fun of me because they be like glasses didn't figure out hip hop un till you know, four years. And I'm not upset at that because I don't. I've never felt entitled to something because I'm culturally like, I'm aware it exists, Like I never felt entitled, Like.
Speaker 4: It's just because.
Speaker 1: People live in LA that don't mean they know about blood and crippon.
Speaker 2: Come on, you gotta stop throwing shots at Sherry.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm just not even Sherry. I'm just saying in general, there is a nuance. I've even had conversations with the Homeboys, and I realized not from the game, but they don't quite know, like because if they don't participate, they don't know. They never really got the depth of what's going on. But that's how I always felt about hip hop, like, yeah, I kind of know what it is, right, I've heard the songs, I've heard the music, but I didn't know what it was like I saw Beach Street in real time I saw crush groove in real time, but that don't really explain to you what's happening, you know what I'm saying. You just see it and then people inherently feel like like, oh, I got it. That's like black people thinking they can make soulful just because they black. It's like, no, bro, this is is something good going It's something more than this going on that you should tap into.
Speaker 5: When would you say, like, I think, I think like hip hop and gang banging was was like tim of change is going on at the same time.
Speaker 2: Did you say that though? Yeah, you know what I'm saying, most.
Speaker 1: Theoretically got birthed in around sixty nine.
Speaker 5: Sixty nine, they say hip hop, you saying both was sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Birth and as far as the birth of the idea, and then they became something that people talk about in the seventies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so so then I just feel like as if as as gang banging was going on, well, gang culture was going on in the on the West Coast. I'm saying not to say it wasn't a gangshit going on within the East Coast, but just like.
Speaker 1: That we're talking about that everybody that they talk about, Yeah, that version of the gang stuff. Yeah, so it was like that, you know what I'm saying. And it was like I think the collision of it, like East Coach got onto it like that, probably like around ninety four, like that, you know what I'm saying, Like they started. So I think it was just it was just like two culture culturally things that was going on that just it was separate but at the same time going at the same time. Though, if you think about America, Black America specifically Yo that laid into the sixties and that early into the seventies, you feel me, this is when we start really going through a different level of hardship again. Because remember it kind of got sweet for Black Americans when it came to like economics, like there was a lot of opportunities. People was moving to Detroit and getting those really good jobs the whole rust belt, like me and Pete talk about it all the time, where all of these opportunities you know what I mean, were happening. So yeah, things were birth go ahead. I'm sorry, Pete.
Speaker 3: I think additionally, also if you look at the chronology of it, you had a bunch of people from a pretty largely distributed rural South moving for the first time into concentrated urban centers from different places, and that's the generation of the first like what would be like an immigrant, like the first born actually kids that were born there creating their own culture organically in a totally different environment.
Speaker 1: Sure, without without opportunity. Yeah sure it was getting crazy. But what's funny is gang culture birth hip hop?
Speaker 2: Yeah in New York.
Speaker 1: But the way New York do their things based off of that, right, because remember everybody in gang banging was doing the same thing. Like there's this belief that is something different and it's not. I mean, I mean people in New York was fighting hip hop. Early dudes were fighters. Like we talked about Cane off air on different ideas, like he was a squabbler and he had no problem putting tips on people, Like if you was somebody he thought was on some sucker tips hands you feel me? So the same thing birth, the same type of you know them, Yeah, exactly right. It's just for some reason ours just got really popular. Well and you know what is no I take that back, because there are somewhere along the line where the industry and music was in New York to where they were able to showcase it. I mean just like we had Hollywood to showcase what made R street urban culture, probably because remember the films is where you had little stories. But it was different when Colors came out. That's when the world was really like, oh, that's what they doing.
Speaker 4: Question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so if at the time simultaneous so you have kind of the same kind of street level stuff as so far as the games go, however, defined everyone to find a.
Speaker 4: Branded label or whatever just for the sake of expeditious You know.
Speaker 3: In New York that cultural phenomenon also led to a musical genre that hit critical mass that then afterwards in LA kind of hit critical mass. Was there a musical genre that hit critical mass simultaneously in LA that didn't really get off and was subsequently replaced You know what I'm saying, Well.
Speaker 1: And this is why I think people had it wrong with hip hop is they keep thinking it's about music. It's not. It's really about the way people behaved in the streets, how they expressed themselves artistically. Right.
Speaker 4: So it's like, but was there was there.
Speaker 3: A sound in nineteen seventy two that was unique.
Speaker 4: To LA that just didn't materialize?
Speaker 1: But that's not what happened in New York. Neither you get what I'm saying that is much more. The layer of the story is kind of unders like when I talk to a lot of the legendary dudes from the Bronx that was putting put me up on it. The version of hip hop we hear in the eighties is not the version of it in the seventies. Like it really wasn't about records hip hop records in the seventies that that didn't really exist. You feel what I'm saying. It wasn't you know? It was they were formulating styles. They start making styles. How you do things right, it's certain ways, how you dj how they were rocking the parties, how people dance, how people tagged, how people dress, how people look. That's just like game banging. People don't realize in game banging, the color blue is not in this It's not in the genesis of being a crypt. It didn't start that way becuz it's not an original term that cribs used to use. Dickies and chucks is not an original term or original fashion that cribs used to wear. They used to get flawed, used to have these hats and leather jackets and slacks and hard bottoms and they was some fresh dudes like, but that was what they were doing in the streets at the time, just like hip hop in New York. It was quite the version of it that that got popular that gang bagging in LA. Like that version of gang Bagan did not get popular. The version that evolved into the eighties got popular. Same for hip hop and New York. Just like in LA, that's the version that got popular. That's when it became overdefined. You know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 4: I remember you played a but like, do you remember there's a piece I think was it?
Speaker 3: I forgot exactly what was talking was it was an old old school oh g talking about the nineteen seventies. We took you in the car and these guys and they were playing I forgot the rest of So he was talking about the old song and the only time.
Speaker 1: This was in seventy five, seventy six, and he was saying the only time that there's only been one or two times in life. He got to hang out with Raymond Washington who started Cribs and Tookie kind of became the most popular member, and he was telling the story. Zoom commodores us it on glass House one, you know what I mean where he's explaining the story. So, I mean LA has its own sound, but not nothing like the way we hear it right Sunshine Pop. You know what I'm saying. That's LA sound, right, that's association turtles, all that stuff, Beach Boys, that is an LA sound. The version of hip hop we're defined as right is kind of g funk. That's kind of the closest in today's time.
Speaker 2: Look at that.
Speaker 1: But again, the version of culture right in New York in the seventies and the version of culture in the seventies in LA is not the one that's popular. The version what the eighties kids deal with it is when it became the phenomenon, It became the fat the eighties kids, when the second generation or third generation got their hands on it is I think the it's fair to say disco disco King Mario and and HRK and and and everybody laid the foundation. But what Bam and them was able to do with it, right, damn you know, Larry Smith, Houdini, Russ Russell Simmons, obviously U L A L Run DMC. That's where the hip hop we know it as, just like with gang banging. It's it, you know, we don't know the version that Raymond took he uh uh rest in peace to the hommy that just passed away to g hommy. Uh he from out he from out the ugs, oh Man, Pooky barefoot Pooky. We don't know that version of gang banging, Like we never saw that. The version that everybody the world got a borrow of culturally was them dudes in the eighties wearing dickies and Chucks and colors, you know, saying cuz and blood Like that's not the seventies, that's not original gang bang. It just like in hip hop, like how Mall started doing his thing in the eighties because his sound defined what we think of when we say real hip hop. When they say that, they specifically talking about New York and they're talking about a specific style. Ma wasn't the most successful producer in the eighties, Lory wiping the floor with Malls in the eighties when it comes to actually selling records and having the cuts. But Mall style was such a cultural like reverence, like it's it's a it's so innovative that people just was like in love with it, just like gang bang and the Dickies, the Chucks, the Pendletons. That type of poverty A mall is the same way making Larry could play Larry Larry is Larry's the original doctor Dre for better sake, because Dre was around when Larry was around. But he's the original version of that, right, it's Sylvia Robinson, Larry Smith, Sylvia Robinson, Larry Smith. Uh too short? Four right, yep, eighty three, eighty four. But it's like three or four of those people that were playing the music. Yeah, they were playing the music, and and then mal comes. You know, true poverty innovates something to make it. He can't play, so he innovates something, you know what I'm saying. He innovates something to to make it work. And that's the same thing with Gang Bang, Right, it's taking that. You know those nine dollars shoes, you know how you put the shoe strings in them and you flip the tongue. It's taking that. You know that warehouse worker pans, I mean, put that big thick crease in that thing, you know what I'm saying, creasing them things up, that penalty that's it ain't even cold in you out here wearing this big old kind of warm. You know what I'm saying. That became what the world understood about the coaching.
Speaker 5: That's the fat, that's the fact. That's why I was telling my clak the other day. I said, Joe, I said, it's so crazy. It's because, like the hip hop culture was looked upon as being one separate, separate way. And I tell people this ship all the time. Though hip hop ain't really expand into the into what it was until we started seeing what hip hop with it like everywhere else stuff.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: When people started, when people stopped looking at this is what hip hop got gotta be. It gotta be the way New York is doing it. It gotta be the way you know what I'm saying. Once they started going out. Once we've seen Too Short do Too Short way, and we've seen Luke do Luke way, and we seen what I'm saying, we said, anybody do that. We've seen Scofficks do his way. We started seeing hip hop being for what it could be. You know what I'm saying. Like that, you know what I'm saying. And that's when it got bigger, bigger to the to the I mean, I don't I think that it's it's not even a limit to what it could be.
Speaker 2: Like you know what I'm saying. We still know whether hip hop like in North Goda, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But but I think that's why I said street urban. That's why you won't get it for you, because they don't have the street urban scene.
Speaker 2: You don't think everywhere got street urban culture. No, I don't agree with that.
Speaker 1: I don't have rural Listen, it's not a shore got a hood.
Speaker 2: Everywhere got a hood.
Speaker 4: No, it's not necessarily.
Speaker 2: Everywhere has a hood.
Speaker 1: No, it's only very few hoods.
Speaker 2: No, I don't agree with that.
Speaker 5: Martina has a hood, Montilla has a hood.
Speaker 1: I ain't know who has a hood they No, they all don't have hoods.
Speaker 4: Well, like, here's an easy one. Here's the Spokane. Washington does for sure. Hell yeah, But but it doesn't have a cultural.
Speaker 1: Also because it has a hood. No, it needs to be densely populated by who. It don't matter. I'm saying, that's how you create culture. That's how you create a movement of people that talk the same way. Like if it's only three people talking that same way, and y'all poor, y'all not a hood. That's not it. You get what I'm saying, Like, what make the Bronx work is it's a lot of people would make Los Angeles or Memphis or Cleveland or Single it's a lot of people that behave this way culture.
Speaker 4: What made Texas work?
Speaker 1: Who hord Arthur?
Speaker 2: Texas Texas a hood?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Pa? But PA is like it's not. PA has probably got as many people as Compton. It's really small population.
Speaker 5: I always thought you just cares from Houston until like probably like ten years ago.
Speaker 1: Port Arthur got fifty five out and they was marketed kind of to some degree, it was that's there, And then that could also be why it's not as successful because it's not enough people to represent that particular movie. U GK. There're certainly are actually like around right now. That's not crazy. I'm saying p A is kind of smaller. Compton has one.
Speaker 5: Hundred Jackson right now, that's my guy.
Speaker 1: Not in Compton. It's kind of the same, but not really.
Speaker 3: No, because you can walk to a major metro, but you don't. You don't necessarily know for sure, like you know when you're in Compton.
Speaker 4: I get it, but like.
Speaker 1: You really know.
Speaker 3: I didn't know, I mean, you know you and if you're yeah, the streets, I don't know, because once you leave the Compton, I don't think you really know.
Speaker 4: It's blurry. You don't know if you just dumped me out.
Speaker 3: Of the Compton or Watts or whatever, or even the east side above Wats if there were no street signs, I'd have to really stare at it for a while.
Speaker 4: If you go to Port Arthur away hours away.
Speaker 1: When you go uptown, like as as some homies say uptown, when you go from the low Bottom east through you know, the low Bottoms to Watts, you know what I mean, and then you get to Compton, it does get nicer. Sure, so you wouldn't quite know what like based off of what you think of Compton because of the n W A straight out of Compton video. You have no idea what you're going to see until you see it. That's why most people come from out of town and be like this is Compton.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: People people I knew from from like out here whatever that has been to La they were like wanted to go their how was their game?
Speaker 4: Bangers over in Crunch It's such a nice area.
Speaker 2: I'm like, so it was a movie it was a show on Amazon at one point.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I've seen it by seeing it though, but it was like it was like one of them spooky shows where it was like talking about like but it was. But it was based in Compton though, but they were showing how Compton at one point was it was like a mostly white community and shit like that, Like the first black family that moved in.
Speaker 3: My grandparents are from that, all that area, Like that generation of my family.
Speaker 4: Used to live over there.
Speaker 1: If you look at the Compton High School alumni, you know what I mean. In fifty five, the seniors, there was no black people. Just look at it, and and look at it. In sixty it looked different. But that goes to like somebody said, shout out to Alma Dix insider, shout out to everybody that's in the chat going crazy. White flight. That's what it's called. Shout out the fats, shout out the tiptoe tip, what's heading.
Speaker 3: Its back on the term white flight because I know the flyers, the.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It was like you have to you have.
Speaker 4: To move out for people to move in.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what white flight is once one, but you have.
Speaker 4: To have a reason to move out.
Speaker 2: No, so it's called gentrification. It's called white plans.
Speaker 3: Our small tax lots with small match box houses on them or whatever. And the World War two economy exploded and all those people had enough money to get the hell of somewhere nicer, with bigger.
Speaker 1: It happened to the sixties though, the Lake fitties and sixties.
Speaker 3: If that's how it takes that amount of time to get buy house, build.
Speaker 1: Place happened so fast though, is over flight and gentrification is different. When Pete is arguing that white people didn't move because black people started moving in.
Speaker 4: They moved first. That's how they were able to move in.
Speaker 1: No, No, they didn't move first. That's why they were moving Pete. Because black people were moving in. Every house wasn't occupied. They had houses people wish. I'm not disagreeing that some people went to suburban areas. Suburban areas outside of Compton Lakewoods starting to come up at this time, waleflowers coming up at this time, all the opportunities in different houses, Pete. I agree, some people got houses in suburban areas. But once black people, Pete started moving in, white people left.
Speaker 2: I am looking around here around here.
Speaker 1: With these coons out of here. And you know what's crazy, Pete, they took the jobs with them, like you know, you know how because what defines an urban community is not a bunch of black people or you know, really somehow urban got confused with black, I guess because black people started moving the urban communities. But urban, I think the thought of it or the philosophy is a place you could.
Speaker 4: Work as the original PC tournament.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go, it is PC too. That's funny. You said fucking peak sick. So but yes, but I'm saying right, So you start going to suburban but all the jobs right in Compton are off Alameda. Shout out to squeezes.
Speaker 2: Jobs.
Speaker 3: There's not there's not enough jobs to support that entire area. And on that little strip just look at the zoning.
Speaker 1: No that it wasn't enough job to support that area. Work there, No, you didn't have to work there, but there was enough job. That's how you build an urban community. That's how, that's how. That's how Milton Hershey built Hershey, Pennsylvania. You create the place where people could work at, then you build houses where people can live that work there. That's how you build an urban community. The train tracks the Alamedia those jobs, it's enough jobs for them people right now it cold down there, not today because obviously it's crazy, right, But again it's rooted in the concept of near industry. And there was an industry right there, a huge industry down Alameda. Peter, if we drive, we need to go back down, dude.
Speaker 3: So I had a whole book of business in that area, like I used to. I used to be there ten hours a day.
Speaker 1: How many jobs you think is right there on Alameda going from going from the ninety one right, because remember initially what we call Rancho Dominga is was Compton. My mom used to work at the hospital when I was younger. Right from that job, all those back factories right behind you know where we street race at on Mansfield, all of that stuff, all the industry going all the way down to where Wats would be, which is probably let's say Elseigunda. How many jobs do you think realistically is inside of all of those I don't know. Possibly you're talking about three hundred different four hundred businesses right here.
Speaker 4: Fwo thousand, maybe ten twenty.
Speaker 3: But you also appreciate, like on both sides of Alameda, that's not just servicing Confident, servicing Compton, Lynwood, South Kate. It's servicing Los Angeles servicing cars, the big hubs there. I mean, just look at the times and places of what was going on at that time was still port centric. It was war machine economy, so it crept northward there. I mean, it was like Compton was one of the last places built because it was further and further out from the center points.
Speaker 1: Sure, I agree, I'm not disagreeing, and I don't think I'm saying there. Well, yes, I am saying there's probably enough jobs for most people there.
Speaker 4: There's almost a million people in that corridor.
Speaker 1: There's a lot. It's one hundred thousand people in Compton. Now, yeah, but that's not the corridor two sides of the street, no no, Yeah, but remember Compton is on both sides of the streets until you get no no, the whole time from the ninety one to else Gundo, that's all Compton.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know that. I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: Now, when you go past else a Gundo Pete, then his watts like right where we at, or the pj's and all that. Then on the other side where you talking about this land Wood. Once you pass else south Kate, No, that's when you go past Imperial. Yeah, I'm sticking across from the grapes. So once you that's that's where boot shop at. Right when you cross Imperial, that's where Southgate started at. And then on the other side is watched there. So but yeah, it's it's so you don't believe in it. They're your white's life. That's deep you a degree. Yes, you don't think white people as a mask realized they did not want to live next to black people in the fifties.
Speaker 4: I think that that is true, but it's true for the latter portion.
Speaker 3: It wasn't the catalyst. The catalyst was a bunch of people. And I guess we hear every city. Different cities had different things going on. There was an enormous amount of money. Instead of California, The initial creation of vacancy was just people moving the nicer spots. The laggers got out because they were like, oh, these guys are gonna come here and fuck up a property value or to get out with the helly.
Speaker 2: Camp every man's white flight.
Speaker 1: I mean, I get what he said.
Speaker 4: It isn't like it.
Speaker 1: It isn't Lakewood being built at this time six houses in Downing. But what I'm saying, but just even going off the ninety one right, you got you got North Loan Beach, really, which kind of is I don't know what Long Beach is an urban community, but let's just say, let's just say, let's say once you pass North Long Beach, you got Lakewood, Bellflower Paramount mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Parts of Carson. I don't know what Carson was, Carson's Carson the same.
Speaker 1: Carson is a suburban community, which is weird because it kind of does have an urban appeal. I wonder it's Carson actually a suburb.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't call to scare. It's all to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's all from them album.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I gotta really get on and I haven't got a chance. Carson a suburb.
Speaker 4: The question is what is it a suburb of Is it a suburb of Long Beach or a suburb.
Speaker 1: And a suburb of Los Angeles? That had to be a suburb of Los Angeles. Oh, it is a suburb of Los Angeles. Now. It's funny because they have established their own kind of workforce too. It's just getting taken advantage of the opportunities there. I figured out why Thriller is so overrated as a song. It is great, don't get me wrong. It's accomplished more stuff than everything else, Like it's one of those songs it walk the Dog. The video, for sure is by far the greatest, the best music video in the history of music videos. I'm I'm good with saying that the song is overrated, but I realized why how they used to write songs, How Temperton and Quince and micing them was writing them songs. Have y'all ever heard this song? So this is how dope I'm no, but this is how dope I god with music. Let me tell you how dope I didn't got with music. And this is why I'm saying, like people even making jokes, it don't bother me because I didne got so dope with it that I used to listen to this song when I started understanding music. I'm like, this song don't make sense. And I remember mac ten telling me, like, what do you mean? I'm like, that song don't make sense. He's like, while I'm like, the what they're singing about theoretically don't fit. What's going on right, Like it's kind of too bright and I could tell they altered it right, but I didn't know why. I didn't. I didn't know why. So the way they would write right, Rod Temperton would hum these melodies over the music.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: They would come up with a groove or a melody and they would hum their own vocal melody right to do it, and then Rod would go in and write words, or sometimes you would sit with Mike and right words right, and they would write words. So the original idea to that Rick James groove shout out to Rick James recipe Rick James, which that thriller groove is the groove from Give it to Me Baby, Dudo Doo Doo Doo doo, Dude do do do do do? They just looped the first part right, and I figured out what it was. They wrote Starlight Son. That was the idea for the song. So when they even produced it, that was the working song for that beat the whole time until close to the very end, and at the last minute they decided to change it. But if you listen to the thriller the words, it don't make sense. I know that sounds crazy, It don't make sense, like that's why nobody knows the damn words of the song unless you read them, because the focal point of the song because is not the words, it's the feel and the groove. They just wanted that urban groove on that album. Rick James was kicking the shit out of Prince and Michael Jackson at that time. He was whooping they as in the black clubs. They them two dudes could not hold a candle to Rick James. So I asked, I'll never forget, I asked Terris Martin. Everybody thought I was crazy. I said, Terris, tell me how envious Michael Jackson was a Rick James And he just laughed, and he was telling me a story that Quincy was telling him. They used to have a dark board in the studio with Rick James on the dark board and they would throw arts.
Speaker 5: That's crazy, right, What's so crazy is that you say that about him? And then Prince got his own like history with Rick James though too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, because remember he was opening up for Rick, Nick, Mike and Quince all well, Quincy already had Quincy already, like you know, I mean, Michael Jackson had a career as a as a group, you know, probably one of the greatest five R and B groups, of all time, right, and then as far as black music goes, and then uh, he started on his solo career, which it was kind of rough on him. It wasn't happening great, right. So by the time he got with Quincy and they started working on Off the Wall, this is when Prince is coming out with the Prince album. The debut album is called Prince. They working on a Michael Jackson. Now Rick come out Motown and is spanking everything. Rick spanking everything. Rick come out right Off the Rip first album with cuts, right, So Prince is opening up right for Rick James because Rick James has got smash hit records. Rick is you know, uh, what's the song? You know, the West song? What's the West Song? By Prince? That song was starting to pick up steam, but Rick James was murdering the urban scene and so he was spanking everything. So they had to look at Rick different. And I'll be honest, if Rick.
Speaker 5: Never out, if he never would out on that exact that time, I don't even I don't.
Speaker 1: Even think it's that. So this goes back into that same conversation with MTV not wanting to play Michael Jackson videos. They didn't want to play black videos either, they didn't want to play them. That wasn't the demographic they was pursuing. So Sony argued for Michael Jackson because they and and the way they got Michael Jackson on MTV was the threaten that they would pull their white acts in that valuable white as right. And then Prince same thing with his label. They had valuable white acts. Rick James was signed to Motown, so they get Rick on MTV. Remember that became the crossover exposure that urban acts didn't have because before that, remember you know, you go back into them seventies and sixties, it wasn't a lot. It was tough for acts to crossover.
Speaker 3: Sure from a sound standpoint too, I feel like there's two Rick songs that really crossed over well. And most of his catalog was like, bluntly speaking, maybe a little too soulful for a lot of my people.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny. But early Rick wasn't like that. Early Rick was making this kind of thing he would call punk funk Prince, this is gonna be blasphemous. Prince. Whole sound to a degree evolved into what Rick was doing successfully because Prince before that was playing more crossover like a lot of pop music. If you go listen. The great thing about Spotify, you can go listen to the first two Prince records and you could hear he was trying to figure out his own urban appeal. But all this early shit was hella pop like it was.
Speaker 3: Just like American bandstand, like the where he almost had like Farrah Fawcett or whatever hair, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It was like hermed kind of ship. You know I'm talking about Rick. Yeah, you know what years are we talking of that we're talking this is.
Speaker 2: Like seventy seventy.
Speaker 1: Because remember you get You're getting Prince in seventy nine and you getting Rick James record is seventy nine. Yeah, so they all coming out and Rick Michael Jackson did well with Off the Wall, but it was considered some level of crossover because it was disco when.
Speaker 4: Hit critical mass, Like what was his first like.
Speaker 1: He was out like Rick James out out the Gate?
Speaker 4: Was that what years?
Speaker 3: Like such such thing? So he just got a faster start and Prince opened for him. Yeah, but they started about the same time.
Speaker 1: They all all of them is right around. They all knew who each other was, gotcha, No, no, Uh, it's hold up, big dog. I don't want to say. Prince is the epitome of what Rick was trying to be as much as yeah, I guess, I I guess, I'm okay. But Rick wasn't trying. He was that he just never got exposure into white audience because again, we underestimate the gate that MTV was when it came to marketing.
Speaker 2: Come around. Huh when't the teena Marie come around?
Speaker 4: I want to stuck coke start flowing? Damn it, I said it.
Speaker 5: But have been like his breakthrough on that.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Oh no, man, I'm telling you. He came out the gate bro, come get it out the gate bro, like he had Mary Jane, like he had the cuts. He had the cuts. But again, what MTV was able to market acts to young white teenagers across the country. What MTV was able to do is like crazy. This is why Prince, this is why Michael Jackson had a different appeal after that point, because before that point, it was did.
Speaker 5: You ever watch the Rick James documentary? No, you gotta watch the Rick James documentary today? Yoh, bro, That's why I said, what happened? What happened with Rick. They said, Rick winning the office right, and he wanted a different check and he he jumped on that music. Hes not the executive death person. He slipped the whole line of coke first on the on the executive desk, stiffed the whole line of coke on his desk, then jumped on his desk. I think he might have poked this joint out. He wowed that on he would out on the music exact Wold thought on the music exac They said, when once Rick left that office, they made a phone call. They said, Joe, he's done, get a line of Richie and they brought line of Richie in to replace Rick. James last, you gotta watch the documentary.
Speaker 2: Bro. It's a documentary. Bro, it's one of the inther documentary. You could watch.
Speaker 1: Tina Marie get a lot of credit for being out of Venice to people talk about Venice. But yeah, not Rick was thanking him, Like Rick was not to be played with. Rick was a powerhouse. And when them two guys were able to get on MTV, it changed the trajectory of their career. Like that's an underrated thing. That's not talk about MTV. They should do a documentary truly on MTV, so you could see what black music was like pre MTV and then what happened to black music post MTV. Yeah, so it's like, but that's what it was. So the Starlight Sun was the working idea, and no, Mike didn't just come rewrite it by itself. Him and and Rod still wrote the song. So again, if you listen to the words of thriller, it don't really make sense. And I think it is because that wasn't the original idea. But you know, whoever, if Mike, if Mike organize the rewrite, it was crazy like he got it right. So the lyrics to Twitter, excuse me. The thriller is it's close to midnight and something's evils lurking in the dark under the moonlight. You see a sight that almost stops your heart. You try to scream, but terror takes the sound before you make it. You start to freeze as horror looks you right between the odds. Your paralyzes because this is thriller, thriller night, and no one's gonna save you from the beast about to strike.
Speaker 4: It's his first time getting with a big bitch.
Speaker 1: Could be this is thriller, thriller that about to strike, you know, the thriller thriller nights. Yeah, you're fighting for your life inside the killer thriller tonight. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh this is about oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: You hear the door slam and realize there's nowhere left to run. You fit.
Speaker 4: That is not it's about.
Speaker 1: This song is about the music.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 1: No, it's not it's not. That is not what this song is about.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 1: This song is about the music industry. You hear the door slam and realize there's no there's nowhere left to run. You feel the cold hand and wonder if you'll ever see the sun. You close your eyes and hope that this is just imagination, girl, But all the while you hear a creature creeping up behind. You're out of time, this girl. So, Mike wasn't going through Sony at this time. Bo, that's not he wasn't going through that. He was going through girls.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe you might got it right there.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is thriller, the Vanilla Gorilla it's about because this is thriller, thriller night. Oh my girl, y'all stupid bos it?
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Definitely the way y'all made diddy party sounds. It does sound like that, sound like a party. You would have thought they never wanted to go to a diddy party. Everybody dream was to go to a diddy party. Y'all so full of it.
Speaker 2: I hate y'all.
Speaker 1: This is a thriller thriller night. There ain't no second chance against the thing with forty eyes. Girl, Thriller thriller night. You're fighting for your life inside the killer thriller tonight night, creatures crawl and the dead start to walk in their masquerade. There's no escaping the jaws of the alien. This time they're open wide. This is the end of your life. They're out to get you. There's demons closing in on every side. They will possess you unless you change that number on your dial. Now is the time for you and I to cuddle close together. That is not the time for that. All through the night, I'll save you from the terror on the screen. I'll make you see that this is thriller thriller night, because I can thrill you more than any ghoul would ever dare try. Thriller thriller night. So let me hold you tight and share a killer thriller, chiller with every line.
Speaker 4: It just fortifies my theory.
Speaker 1: To me, it's not about the music industry balls, that's not what it's about.
Speaker 2: I get.
Speaker 1: I like it as a future reference, but it's not about that. Like this is them just having fun with music. That's why I'm listening. I'm like, this song don't make sense. Like Mike was twenty when they wrote this song. He didn't even write the song. This was Rod Temperton. Didn't have no bad experience in the music industry. He wrote the song. But that's a great point. Shout out to Geen saying, shout out to everybody in the chat. Y'all chilling it, y'all killing it, man, chilling it, thrilling, y'all thrilling it. A poor area doesn't make it a hood. That's fact. There's poor areas in every state, but there's not a hood or a cultural epicenter in every state because that's what.
Speaker 2: The hood is. I don't know. They need to read the thriller lyrics that Diddy's try.
Speaker 1: I'm crying, okay this man, oh man, I don't know what. Let me finish reading it. Let me finish reading it. Hold on, I'm gonna thrill you. Tonight, darkness falls across the land. The midnight hour is close at hand. Creatures crawl in search of blood to terrorize y'all, neighborhood, and whoever shall be found without the soul for getting down, But stand and face the hounds of hell and ride aside the corpse shell. The solid shit is in the air, The funk of forty thousand years, that slick and grizzly goose from every tone are closing in the cell your doom, And though you fight to stay alive, your body starts to shiver, for no mere mortal can resist the evil of the thriller?
Speaker 4: Did I see more?
Speaker 1: See? I've always made a point that is the most overrated song. Now it is great, don't get me wrong. It's the impact of the sheer numbers is out as world and the video is the greatest music video. But that's song.
Speaker 5: It's so What you're basically saying is that they blew up up a song about nothing.
Speaker 3: It's it's to me, it's a It's a slightly different genres exact and a slight different time frames almost exact. Comp to like Stair Away to Heaven by led Zeppel which sold a million fucking However, many millions of whatever units sold for no reason like that. I could fig and if that's had a the way that people make videos, if there's a video out in sixty nine for that stupid seventy one for that stupid song, it would have sold a trillion units or whatever the hell because it's just like this long cinematic song about nothing, just didn't have the visual component with it.
Speaker 4: They're both kind of the same.
Speaker 3: They're just musically nice, long songs about nothing that lend.
Speaker 4: Themselves to this.
Speaker 3: All you compared it to this is Led Zeppelin song called stair Away to Heaven, which I never understood why people like that song.
Speaker 1: Like the groove of it, Yeah, I don't know, like the last.
Speaker 4: Third of the song, like it picks up.
Speaker 3: But it's one of those It puts a long, meandering kind of song that's about like weird ship.
Speaker 4: If it had a video probably would have been pretty cool.
Speaker 3: It's been twelve minutes long, but it would have been probably more interesting.
Speaker 1: You know what song is like that? For me? Uh, Eagles Hotel, California.
Speaker 3: That's a song that needed a video. Today it looks like a big tequila hangover in the desert. That's Imperial County to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's funny because it's about three different drugs. The first verses about verses about cocaine, the third verses about heroin. That's all right, Uh, the sweetest taboo sha is about heroin. Most people don't know this, but heroin real bad.
Speaker 5: You think it's a you think it's a it's really like an end a meaning to that, to that to thriller though that we don't. We're just not understanding that though.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I think it was like I think they decided to make the song dark instead of bright. Yeah, I think when they I think when they really because remember what's what's driving a lot of the songs on thrillers different ideas? Right, Like when you listen to I Can't Go for That, you listen to Billy Jean, that's I Can't Go for That. It's the same exact song, right, it's the same exact song.
Speaker 5: You haven't seen a Quincy interview when I mean, like they were saying Quincy go, I'm saying so though, But when they they asked them, it's an interview did like a couple of years back, and they asked them, like, Yo, what would you say about Michael Jackson? He said, the biggest thave for the industry. Yeah, you ever seen anything that was wild? Understand why he said it? Though too, though, but.
Speaker 1: This is all about This is a lot of journey. People didn't realize. That's when I started figuring out the music, the music industry, or what was going on. So I could feel confident in saying I know what's going on again, this is no senters live to lunch hour Monday, Wednesday and Friday at noon specific standard time. Click that but and let people know you're around here. Go in the description subscribe to the Note Center's podcast Apple Podcasts anywhere you get your podcasts Executive produced by Charlomagne of God Lack Effect Network in iHeart So I figured that out listening to music. When I start studying music from twenty eleven to now, like the way I study this is what's always worked for me. So I was able to study it and I could hear where the songs were coming from. I could hear that Billy Jean is haul of notes. I can't go for that, like right, so I'm able to confirm it. I can hear my Sharona and beat It. I could hear it, and the more I learned about making records, I realize how you do it. So, I mean, I don't know if I would quite call him a thief like I heard Quincy did or something, but that's always been a driving force of what we call the record industry. If Ray Charles gets a ton of credit for starting pop records, and one of the earliest pop records is I Got a Woman, which is a playoff it must be Jesus. That's been the style of making familiar and magical records since the inception of pop records. Sometimes, and the better producers, you can't see it. Michael Jackson's kind of you could just see it coming. So even like what I imagine happened is they were looking at they saw the club going crazy to Rick James, give it to me, baby, right, they saw that. That's to me like what happened with Dre and Quick, you know, I mean, like Dre saw Dre had Nwa hopping Nwa is going crazy, right, is booming right? Everybody talking about it. But then when you go to the clubs within Los Angeles, the black clubs and all around the area, they're playing DJ quick, they're playing Tonight, Born and Raised, and it's a different grass on the party than anything going on. So while the rest of the the world is dancing to disco and Michael Jackson, dude got smashed disco records, off the Wall, all this fly stuff that was off off the wall right rock with you know my favorite record of all time. He's looking at the specific black clubs and he's looking and Rick James, shit is going insane. You like, you got the biggest records everywhere else but right here, and you like, wait a minute, and Rick is whooping ass. Rick is putting belt to ass with these soon. So when Mike was like, I need one of them. Remember disco. Remember off the Wall is post disco. It's disco music. So they're looking for the next thing as producers, as people in the record business, and they looking at Rick. You see Hall of Nose. So here you go. You got I can't go for that. You make Billy Jean. You see my Sharona. You're making all the pop records. You got my Sharona, right, you make beat it. So just go listen to the drum. You can hear them all the way. But they're looking at the black space and they like, this motherfucking crazy nigga from Buffalo, New York is spanking everything. He's spanking it like he got the people in the choke hold the way they partying, and he was like, I need some of that. And they made thriller. They made the groove first, I know. He told Quincy's like, Quincy, make this groove d dudoo. And when Rod heard it right, because Rod is an english Man, Rod is a white man from England, he wrote what the melody should have been, right, which his sun like star. He wrote the melody and you know he started putting the words together and this is what they wrote. But when they kept hearing a song and they saw the video. If you see the video the Rick James give it to Me Baby, it's dark, like he looked like a stalker on the girl. That could be an inspiration into the damn song. He could have been inspired by Rick James' performance and to give it to Me Baby video, to write the song that way like Rick looked like a creep and to give it to me baby video. So when he came back, he said, we need to change these words, Rod. These words is too bright. It's tupop. We need to make it darker, we need to make it richer. And they wrote the darkest stuff that they could write that didn't have to really relate to anything. But I genuinely believe he was inspired by the character people were presenting that Rick James was, and that's why he wrote that song.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Rick James inspired him. Not only the music you hear, but the character that is Rick James at that time inspired him to write about a really different type of person. You know what I mean. That's where I think that I did came from.
Speaker 4: You know what I think? Yeah, this was a primitive disc track.
Speaker 1: There you go, mhm, I mean, I mean, I mean more about the Big Girls.
Speaker 3: It's also that it's it's look at this weird though, and he's in the Big Girls.
Speaker 1: It could have been listen, oh yeah, you hear the door slam and realized there's nowhere left or run. You feel like I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: Because Rick did that song. She was only seven.
Speaker 1: And exactly and now, and she was sexy. That was a cold song because he wanted her and he was like, I just can't do it. Shout out to Pete. Have you ever listened to Scumbags of History podcast. If not check it out and get back to me. Also, g I forgot to ask you if you checked out that skin out sent you. I didn't see the skit Squichy. Uh. Compton and Carson are suburbs of Los Angeles. Compton evolved into a suburb of Los Angeles, but in its inception it was actually an urban community. But that's what people saying. The industry fleet, that's why he's in. There's not enough careers there any white Well. I think I think Pete accepts white flight to a degree. But I think also Pete realizes there were economic grammifications. I mean, there's no community. There was Lakewood cheaper than content at that time.
Speaker 3: No, you're but you're getting more. The physical size of the lots are bigger, the houses are newer and bigger.
Speaker 1: The property and law and content is bigger than Lakewood, the houses of.
Speaker 4: It depends on what you're talking about. I mean, like my great.
Speaker 1: Tiny I can understand down and lean with that being true because downy properties are way bigger and nicer.
Speaker 4: I think it was green flight and then it was white flight.
Speaker 1: Well, that's everything. Race is driven by capitalism. Racism didn't exist before capitalism. Money creates evil people.
Speaker 4: Why do you think it's evil to move to a nicer house.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the concept of money makes you think you're better than people. So what happens is, right, I agree, it's the green flight, right, the opportunity to buy better property that's still only fifteen minutes away from the urban from the job. Right, So you can go right to Lakewood, you can go right to Bellflower, you can go right to any of those you know, suburban communities. Right, that's close to content. Right, I agree. But then what happens is now the rest of the people start looking at the people like I got too much money to be around these niggas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think, honestly, like Matt bluntly speaking, it's more so.
Speaker 4: At least like the way I know who you know, the way I want.
Speaker 3: To include myself the first person in the weave. But that's it's an work for you.
Speaker 4: It's less.
Speaker 3: We got too much ready to be around them than it is I'm extremely financially stakes to this thing. I don't own anything as expensive as this, as this and if they all move here, this thing is gonna get worth a lot less quickly.
Speaker 1: Duh, Hold up easy, that's a deep thought. He's trying to make excuses for people who he resonates with. They left for better homes, fuck out here. They left because the Jackson family moved here next door and that was.
Speaker 2: Got too dark, got too dark around man.
Speaker 1: That to his point, Besy, that couldn't be true because there wouldn't be houses to move into, and Bowse is right. Pete is right, that is true. There's the initial thing. But I don't think we're having a conversation on the initial people that made it possible for brothers to move into content we're talking about once brothers got there and white folks was like, I don't want to be here anymore. I need to get a body here. Why is again it's all the science systemic racist part. Again, racist is such a nuance word. It don't mean I just hate niggas. It could just be like, I'm better than these broken motherfuckers that happened to look like that, and they might feel the same.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: A lot of white people hail it like that, we're red nicks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and a lot of people it's like it's all it's it's prejudicially centralized.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: What you mean?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it's based off of a broad stroke preconception.
Speaker 4: So it can be.
Speaker 3: That a broad stroke preconception defined by race, which is if you were anti Semitic, it's a broad stroke preconception defined by religion or whatever it might be, whatever the thing is. In this case, the broad stroke preconception defined by race can have the negative definition of It might be because I hate you. It could be because I'm afraid of you. It could be because you could just the way you are might cost me something. You know, it's not always the same thing. I'm not saying it's good or better one way or the other. I'm just saying it's not always hate. Sometimes it's fear. Sometimes who knows what I'm not good. But that's what racism is. Pete got elaborating it.
Speaker 4: I'm not distracted.
Speaker 1: It doesn't take a whole street to move before non white family is allowed to move in am I room. It's not that the whole It wasn't like Compton was. Yeah, it's not like Compton was like Detroit.
Speaker 4: There's a kind of a critical mass.
Speaker 1: Into neighborhoods and then black people. That's not what Pete is saying again, Like, this is a real nuance conversation, and I hate not having them in person or speaking directly with people. It's hard to speak to people like me and Pete have had a lot of these conversations before. Personally is nuanced. Right, It's like, it's like slavery, It's not. There wasn't slavery because of racism. There is racism because of slavery. Does that make sense? Like when you could buy somebody and you had a supremacy case, but you could purchase somebody that looked like me for hundreds of years, it creates a superiority complex in the mind of other people, especially if they see you as somebody they can buy. It's how most people or most men feel about prostitutes. Like there's a superiority complex in the mind because of the circumstance, and that creates what you would call, let's say, any level of bigotry to women or what do you call it? What's the word that they like they use?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Like that comes from that thought, right, just like racism.
Speaker 3: Right, does the word massogynists emanate from the massage parlor concepts.
Speaker 4: I've always wondered that.
Speaker 1: Of course, like that, sure pe got all that that one right there.
Speaker 3: I didn't know we were even talking about Prince when I wore a tennis T shirt.
Speaker 4: If I don't play tennis.
Speaker 1: No, So so again, like that's what created Like, that's what created the whole thing, you know what I mean, the opportunity. But you know, again, we it's hard not to exist in America with some of these concepts. Like I'm just to his point. He's saying, it's not every person, right, the initial people moved because there were ways to see their wealth grow in different properties.
Speaker 3: And the bottom line is there's a critical mass moment. There's between there's a black person living over there, and this is turned and this is where it becomes a group think situation. What it becomes. Oh, this is turning into a black neighborhood. And everybody that I know that controls the capital by and large here perceives that to be a negative. So I need to sell this stock before it fully collapses. Sure, that's the bottom line.
Speaker 1: And that is racism a thousand, But it's not racism in the sense of how we would even understand it as hate. It's just an understanding of circumstances that we live in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just saying that the genesis people before that it becomes like, oh, this is like a thing that is really happening. Those this is things really happening people. Those are white flighters. The other people are just I want a nicer housers. I don't know that's the only.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But again, just like racism, people didn't buy negros because they hated negros. They didn't even know negroes. They bought negroes because negros was on sale, was it if it was yellow or white people that bought them too. But again that created and that's the point I'm saying to you, Pete, that's the that's the point.
Speaker 3: It gave them an excuse to categorize something into a narrow group that wasn't adjacently represented. So it's like this institution, we all know it sucks, but it's them and their so you know.
Speaker 1: You could separate yourself from the experience. But even with Irish people, right, because it didn't last long, right, it don't change.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But again, the idea of profit right and making money right allows you to buy another human being, and then that because they looked like me, per se, and and maybe the person that bought them looked like you, and you could only buy people ninety nine point nine percent of the people you could buy look like me. That would create a complex in most minds. People feel like that over dogs. Like I was listening to somebody tell me the other day the dog couldn't take care of theirself if I didn't have it, Like the dogs don't need you. It that type of power and ownership, and and you know what I'm saying, we control over somebody else.
Speaker 3: You want to know the real racism in Compton that nobody talks about, Sure, it's the dog racism. There's two types of packs of dogs in Compton. There's exclusively pitball packs and there's every other breed of dog in a mixed pack.
Speaker 1: That's it shut out to bulls. Most people don't know how or what racism is other than the concept of hate. Racism also is economics. Racism mainly is economics. Like a lot of this stuff, a lot of the stuff that people confuse with racism is not really carried about carried out through hate. It is carried out economically. Shout out to my big brother Cam. When you'all gonna have me on to discuss these type of topics whenever you want to come on, don't you got the key to the back door and everything. Bro, don't get over. Don't get up in these comments and act like to these people were not family. You can't come in here when you want to. Don't do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I just I can't see his face picture.
Speaker 1: He did a whole body shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Tina Marie is was R and B. She never really crossed over. Tana Marie was always crossed though, Yeah she crossed over at more wasted what crossed over?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Okay yo shout out to the homie Beasy. I can agree with that they were most likely some who left because they could afford to. But I feel like the law ndred percent of white larger percentage of white flight is driven by a degree of racism, even if we all agree. But again, it's not His point is and it doesn't matter. His point is, like, it's not because they hate black people. It's still racism when it's driven by understanding that black people is going to lower the economy. I mean, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's smart races, smart racism.
Speaker 3: Quite honestly, that's the seedless. But think about it, that's the seedless of why a lot of the white.
Speaker 4: Liberals in California are more sinister.
Speaker 1: You said to that woman time, that's the.
Speaker 3: Seedling moment of why a lot of the West Coast white liberals are more sinister.
Speaker 4: I agree, that's what we're saying.
Speaker 1: The devil. I understand this, the devil you know, than the devil you don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it's something weird about Biden making me feel like he cool with me, then locking everybody up versus you know, Trump just walking out saying what he thinks and then other I can. I can deal with white people being white. What confuses me is when they don't be white like. That's the thing, Pete, that makes our friendship work, as you my brother, because you're a white person, even when you don't understand certain nuances of what I'm complaining about. I'm okay with that you are a white man like Trump, and I don't mean like a white man like you own slave or you're an oppressive person. But I'm saying this isn't your cross to bear. Yeah, It's like I'm gone, woman, Like if a woman was telling you about taking penis. You would just not not know. You can imagine. I don't think you want to, but you could imagine what it's like, but you would never know what it's like a hard penis inside of you. So, but I appreciate that you don't try to act like you do. You kind of have your ideas because you've been around, you do messed around with all of us. You know different people in different places, so you've seen it. But I respect that that's what works for me, That works for me. Thriller was about first generation based heads. Oh wow, Jean Wow, Why man? Okay, It's enough? All right, No Sentners Live. Click the thumbs up bud before you leave. We'll see y'all back Friday noon, specific standard time. Click the link in the description. Subscribe to the No Sinners Podcast today today, right now. Go leave a comment. Let us know you subscribe today. Put the date next to your name right there on Apple Podcast. When you subscribe, leave a comment, be like, gee, I'm here because I saw the Lunch Hour with you, Pete and Trap and I'm subscribing today dated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And if we want us to really know you're serious and you really watch this show, leave a concept insulting me.
Speaker 1: Then we'll know you watch the show. After that it will be busy. Much love, Thank you for being here. Shout out to everybody here. Nah Pete, it's definitely good. I'm just giving some pushbacks. This is what makes it good. This is why we're here to explore. Yeah, everybody ideas. There you go, So no centers, a lot of lunch out. We see y'all Friday at noon is on. Good looking out for tuning into the No Sentners podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the U.
Speaker 2: S A.
Speaker 1: It produced by the Black Effect Podcast Network and now Hard Radio. Yeah.