Speaker 1: So Ed walks over. I'm like, hey, hey, hey, Tom Brady, Kevin Burkhart, Aaron Andrews, and he goes, oh, yeah, Tom, I know. It comes up and goes, hey, you miss me, calm down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. Hey girl, Hey girl, it's one of those weeks.
Speaker 2: We're both rushing, we both have a million things going on. We get it, oh yourself, Hey, but.
Speaker 1: I I'm in a random hotel room in Denver and you didn't even.
Speaker 2: Get home other than what five minutes ago?
Speaker 1: Great? No, no, not true, yeah, a minute ago. But it's just one of those days. And a Ford broadcast or anyone to have this going on in your life, you sit your phone down for an hour and you're like, how am I already this stressed out? I got to reply to seventeenth. It's just one of those days. It's week nine, which blows my mind, and today, for the first time in the NFL season, it feels like wee can nine. Really, I was thinking how fast this is going? Like, I was thinking, like, oh my god, it's already week nine, and a good like not in a good way. I'm always mixed about that because I Football, as we know, is our favorite time of the year.
Speaker 2: It's the most wonderful time.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm in a hotel in Denver taking on a house and home project, which I know I've lectured myself on this I have to stop doing in the middle of the season. But you and I don't have the ability to say no. We will get to more on that later. Hi, I love you. Let's do this, Let's go. Sarah's going Ellen, Sarah, Sarah golf. I mean, I'm not even gonna try. And I'm so sorry your little dream. What's your favorite part of preparing for each week's game. They're not trying to figure out our travel. Not trying to figure out travel, I would say, even like, we had a production call for Amazon this morning, like we do every Monday, because we've got the Jets and the Texans this week. Unfortunately for the Jets, yikes, well, how are you doing on this lightings? You're gonna have about seven hundred light for any of you guys watching this on YouTube. The lighting in this room is going to change fifteen more times. It's fine because the sun wants to go behind the building. Anyways, the Jets, I'm sorry Jets fans, I'm sorry. At this point, you have a one point six percent chance of making the playoffs, and you know what's so frustrating for them? Obviously everything that happened last year with Aaron's injury and then this year trying to find some sort of consistency and then losing to the Patriots really takes you out of anything. But yeah, I don't know how to spin this and make it positive for you, but I hope you still tune in on Thursday night because it's still the NFL and it's still a primetime game and anything can happen.
Speaker 2: So and I got to.
Speaker 1: Tell you that postgame show they play fun games. I mean they really do. TNF Nightcap will consist this week of Halloween, So if you do nothing else on Thursday, tune into the post game because the Halloween costumes.
Speaker 2: I will give you a hint.
Speaker 1: Mine is because I love this person so much and it's so random, but hopefully it'll be entertaining. I wanted all of us to have a theme. I'm getting off track, Ellen. My favorite theme I can't tell you because it would give away what we're doing.
Speaker 2: So all of us are are you me in theme?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I wish I wanted each of us to dress is one of the.
Speaker 1: Other people on our show, but they were like, we're not doing that anyways.
Speaker 2: I wish I was you, I could still you you. And favorite part of preparing for each week's game. I think it's just.
Speaker 1: You know, getting to dive deeper into rosters. I mean, I know you do this every single week with special interest, you know, in stories on either sideline that maybe you didn't know about, or talking to the players and the coaches. I don't get to talk to players and coaches. You do, you have those calls. Unfortunately for us, we don't because we're not game crew. We're just pre and post. But I really like that every week it's something different, and even if it's a matchup like we've got this Thursday that unfortunately for the Jets isn't great because of their record, but the Texans that we love to meek O Ryan.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I just think that every week.
Speaker 1: I guess in summary summary, long story short, it's that it's different and then I get to do some you know, storytelling. Agreed, I'll talk more about this on the Big Show. But much like last week, we got a team that we don't get to see a lot in the Buffalo Bills, and it's so much fun and it's so refreshing. I got to talk to Ed Oliver on the phone. Who is I don't know, if so a dreat I love him? Yes, yeah, he was our kind of guy, like he just his answers were great. I actually saved my interview because he was just so fun. He walked up to us pre game, and you know, it's funny, like this is what we do on the on the field before the game is we talked to all the players and stuff. And I'm so used to running around and getting stuff from the wide receiver coach, and now I feel like this year, I'm trying to really kind of show Brady around a little bit and say, hey, let's you know, because he has people coming for him everywhere, so he gets kind of like locked into a conversation. I'm like, hey, at Oliver, let's go. And then so I'm flagging Ed Oliver down like a couple of weeks ago. It's such a mother dad your sock. I'm like, hey, come here, I sniff keeps snipping too, which is disgusting. But so Ed walks over. I'm like Hey, Hey, hey, Tom Brady, Kevin Berkhart, Aaron Andrews, and he goes, oh, yeah, Tom, I know it comes up and he goes, hey you miss me and Kevin, and I went, I love that you got it in a report for your game too, didn't you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really cute?
Speaker 1: I do like I did like that before. That was cute. I appreciate too. Where when the guys pay off? I didn't feel like this on a game break, So I can only imagine how you feel in Gay your name what?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: When they like pay I can't say you're all of your guys's names anymore.
Speaker 2: There's twelve.
Speaker 1: You don't say my name anymore, Marissa, I mean, say my name, say my name. There's seventy five of you on that crow. I mean by the time I say all the names, where you're not even getting the highlight AnyWho? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Next, okay?
Speaker 1: Anonymous getting healthy with help from a doctor and ozempic feeling great. Congratulations. Friends are unsupportive. You know what, If you feel great and you feel like you're getting healthy, then that's what you need to be worried about, not them, Sorry, And if they can't understand that, and if they can't see that that's their issue. Here's my thing about the whole ozempic journey. That's a personal thing. I have friends that are on it for reasons that they need to be I that's that is their thingy, that is just their thing. I would say when it comes to health business, it's there's a few things, whether it's religion or it's health or politics, like do you of course, there's always the thing of you know, health, it's you know, what are we doing and is it harmful to you? Are you doing too much of something? I mean, we've talked about before, I've done too much botox before. We need to intervene at that point. But it's like there's certain things no, I mean, I'm joking but not really. But you know what I'm saying, there's some stuff where it's like, that's your journey, and if friends aren't supportive on that, I think that you should be able to say to them, hey, I'm sorry that you don't. You know, if you decided to go gluten or vegan, I'd be like, what are we doing here?
Speaker 2: But that's your decision.
Speaker 1: So I'm a big believer in whatever makes you happy, as long as it's not hurting yourself or somebody else.
Speaker 2: So you need to get better friends. First of all, exactly.
Speaker 1: A P.
Speaker 2: Smith.
Speaker 1: I agree Aaron needs a bigger tote, but now I must know what the heck is in there.
Speaker 2: It's stuffed.
Speaker 1: The tote is a A lot of people have questions about the tall.
Speaker 2: I have so many people.
Speaker 1: I got a call today from somebody that used to work for the Minnesota Vikings because now he's working for a group that has a bag a tot. He goes, hey, we want to send you a toat. I go, okay. I got out of my car in Seattle yesterday. It's weird to think the game was yesterday and this guy was like, hey, would you like me to take your toe not your backpack? I mean, this shit's really going getting out there, you know, you know, because here's the thing. I've going back to our previous question. You know, friends being supportive, even if you don't agree always that you should have to. So I am here to help open up your eyes to something new the same way that you are. You introduced me to a freaking steamer in my life. It only took me twenty years to go on the road and have a steamer but just you know, I don't want it to hurt your back. So let's get an update for everyone that's wondering on where we're at.
Speaker 2: Are you saving that for the big show?
Speaker 1: Because now this is not that important we I mean, it's become big news, you know, a big tote, big show.
Speaker 2: That's where we're at.
Speaker 1: I to tell you how big news. I do need a bigger tote. The problem is these tots they ain't cheap, and when and you're in Seattle and it is monsoon, and your shit is out on the field, not in the green room because we don't have a green room. That's a lot of money getting wet right there.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's a great point.
Speaker 1: And I can get my jemmy wet, you know. Okay, So here's the deal. Why don't we bring a waterproof toe inside the bigger tote and then we can like one that's like you can fold down like a rein gear kind of thing and then you can protect it. No or if you know what's going to be all right, well, we're we will workshop this. But here's my question. It's a fluid situation exactly. We gotta workshop it. Did you bring one this week? Out to the field or you went back to that pack, and then because I couldn't fit everything in it, I ended up leaving one of my smaller totes at Lumenfield.
Speaker 2: You did know.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, it's got a lot of shit in it that I need no ill. But my crew got it because my great and they know I'm the person that's always leaving shit all over the place. There's always a call as we're trying to get to the flight. Hey, Aaron laughed, this, this and this, So I'm handseling Gretel. I'm leaving a trail everywhere. I've tried to be better about that though.
Speaker 2: It's just hard.
Speaker 1: Plus it's so hard it's raining. I got a coat on, it's raining, I got the rain gear on. It's not raining, take it off. It's like, there's a lot of shit. It's in one game. Carrie Underwood, her residency. She's not the only place we're saying outfit changes. But okay, so that's a fluid situation.
Speaker 2: I'll help you.
Speaker 1: I don't want you to be losing things because I'm advocating for a difference, cause they need a bigger tote. I just need a bigger one.
Speaker 2: Okay, We'll keep going bigger toe for a big mouth, you know, you know, mixed.
Speaker 1: Maddie Maddie table or I'm a real estate agent looking to get into home Dacre. Is it decore? Yeah, Daycore and design, Chrissa decoord decoy, decore and design, Chris O, what are your getting started tips? I love that. That is a great question. So actually, as somebody so you'll have appreciate this. Steve's very upset with me that I take these house projects on during the season because, as we know, our boyfriend's slash husbands take the brunt of our bitching about anything that we decide to do, whether it's an extra gig, whether it's whatever. Then we get to come home and we're complaining to them. It's like, well, then stop doing the said behavior that puts you in a bad mood or makes you too busy. She's emailing while she's listening this this girl, can you this?
Speaker 2: This is about you for what? Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, got it again? Multitasking what a gal she is. Steve insisted on coming with me on this install because he says that I say yes, He goes, You're not going by yourself. You take on too much, and then you come home and I have to hear about it. So instead I'm going to go and I'm going to help you. So we just got back from Target and there was seven grocery like shopping cards full of shit. Because this is how an install goes. And he's like, what are we doing here? I go, Hey, here's how this is going to go. You don't get to ask questions. You're my assistant in this situation. You're here to help me, so be the help. Don't have questions about how my whole process goes. So Mattie Table things for getting star tips for getting started. In terms of home decor and design, it's a loaded question because are you looking for staging items? Are you looking for like what kind of items you should purchase? Because, as I advocate for all the time, invest your money in couches in beds because those are the two items that you'll use the most, the things that the people are you'll use the most as in your bed, but your guests will use the most as your couch.
Speaker 2: A great coffee table.
Speaker 1: When it comes to decor, I would say coffee table books, coffee table books, coffee tables, you can never have enough and then also have like I've got a great list I'll put out Amazon.
Speaker 2: I crush Amazon.
Speaker 1: I have purchased enough crappy things to know the good stuff on Amazon. It's your oversize like marble bowl. It's your you know, your box where you put your remotes in. It's your candle holder, like a round kind of marble thing where you put like a really good candle on. There's you like your matches like like like that. Yeah, just sort of like I don't know how to explain it, but it just so it looks rich. So, Maddie, I will send you directly a list of Amazon things, or maybe I'll just put on the calm down list for anyone that my like top ten things that I get off Amazon to start off with, all right, Jess goed ninety six. Is it cool to be a tomboy in your late twenties or time to be a girly girl? Jess, are you looking at me right If you're not looking at me right now and you're just listening to this podcast, I have on a hat, I barely have.
Speaker 2: Any makeup on only so I just don't look dead.
Speaker 1: My hair is back in two days old because I haven't washed it, and I'm going to sweashirt.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm a boy.
Speaker 1: I'm always a boy unless I'm gonna throw on a dress every now and then.
Speaker 2: Yes, who can tomboys?
Speaker 1: Yes, a long boy forever.
Speaker 2: In your late sister, I'm in my early forties and we're doing that. I think.
Speaker 1: Here I'm closed to fifty. Here she goes, she's so dramatic. I would I like this. I love dressing for whatever i'm doing. Like obviously i'm working on a house today, I'm gonna just dress in like junkie clothes. But I also like, I don't know, like for whenever we're on TV, like you looked incredibly like so chic and your leather jacket, your long leather jacket and your power pony, and it's like, dress for whatever it is that you're doing. If we're going to a girl's lunch, which we don't do that often we should, I like you, I'll put on which she could like a cute dress, like I don't know. If I'm going on a date, I like to either wear something sexy or something like girly. If it's housewife night, then put on a dress like I don't know, just depends on whatever The situation is, I think it's great to be both you. I'm in a rut. No, not again, You're not in a rut. You're crushing it. You're not allowed to tired. And I come home and I'm like, sweats. I put on makeup for you guys, and that's it. That's also one thing, though, I just live in sweats in the off season at night. And then sometimes I'm like, I should be cuter for Steve. If he doesn't care, I think he's He's like whatever, you've been saying this now for three years, that you're going to like change up your night.
Speaker 2: They're fine.
Speaker 1: Nick Sara, all right, Angie Duda Dodgers wins. Sideline reporter Kenny Rosenthal splashed with Freddy's Gatorade. Ever happened to you? Yes? In the playoffs at Fenway, where I was raised to love baseball. Jared Saltolamachia. I can't spell that, but I'll say it. Yeah, he hit a walk off something and uh, they h who's the player? And he played for the Red Sox, but he played with for the Phillies forever who's the player? Who's the player? Ryan? Anyways nailed me and Jared with gatorade, and I had to wash out those extensions and it sucked. At Weston they were hanging.
Speaker 2: Up, hanging up. I think you sent me a picture of that.
Speaker 1: I did. That's fun, though I never I never got the gator a great photo of it. I never got it on the college football sideline and I never got it in baseball.
Speaker 2: Is it sticky? I mean it's got to be sticky, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's not fun to sit in, can't go to the bar afterwards, not outfit, but yeah, and then I mean fun. I love Kenny. It's like dripping from his nose. He's the sweetest.
Speaker 2: All right, sister, big show.
Speaker 1: We've got a lot to discuss week nine, all the happening for us and.
Speaker 2: Why we look like boys?
Speaker 1: Bye, hanging get out, Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Yes,