Speaker 1: But all right, job.
Speaker 2: All across the USC Compton, Watts Bay to LA. Come on to California day from Owy the Valley. We represent that Keller County. So if you're keeping it real on your side of your town, you tune into Gainst the Chronicles Coronic Goals.
Speaker 1: We gonna tell you how are we goals?
Speaker 3: If I lie my nose will girl like Pinocchio.
Speaker 1: We're gonna tell you the truth and nothing but the truth.
Speaker 3: Gangs the Chronic Goals.
Speaker 1: This is not your average shows.
Speaker 2: You're now tuned into the rail mc ain't, Big Change and Big Steels the streets.
Speaker 4: Hello, we welcome to the gangst the Chronicles podcast, the production of iHeart Radio and Black Effect Podcast Network. Make sure you download the iHeart app and subscribe to Against the Chronicles For my Apple users, hit the Purple Michael on your front screen. Subscribed to Against the Chronicles. Leave a start rating the comment jear what it do you know? Where?
Speaker 5: We had another episode of the Gangster Chronicles and I'm with the homie.
Speaker 4: Big Steal in the house. Man, I don't know how much Battle REP you followed? Eight you watch better rep? Not too much necessary? You know, God damn it? Out of so much doing this kid shit right now. So shit, trying to get this kid ready to get to school.
Speaker 5: Man, I ain't pretty much doing a goddamn thing right now, but school school, school, for sure.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's time, man, Karan going to this first year of college. Man, shut out to nephew up there doing this thing. Man, you shoot Chris up in Seattle, Man for his second go round up there. Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the battle rap scene is pretty large. Man. You can't even you can't doubt it. You get me.
Speaker 5: It's been around for a long time. Man, so we I think we need that. Man, We need we need those uh those uh those rap expressions.
Speaker 4: You feel me, Yeah, for sure. So today man, we got like this dude right here, like the lebron James, the just the ultimate, just a battle rap. Every time I turn around, he just out there serving the motherfucker geeks.
Speaker 6: She got him yo yo yo was going on. It was popping, man, oh Man, same old thing. Man appreciate having.
Speaker 4: Show, Oh for sure, Man, we appreciate you even more, playboy. So the thing he was man like, I was telling your cousin shout out the spit fire. The thing man that initially drew me to you was the fact that she was a West Coast cat. Yeah, and he was keeping a gangster. You know what I'm saying. You look looked at us like, man, that dude like a crip or something. You know, he from somebody's neighborhood. You know what I'm saying. Then you know, Phil was like, that's my cousin. I said, for real. You know what I'm saying, Man, how did you get into battle rap and stuff? Man?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 6: Uh, to be honest, like I washed battle rap coming up, you know what I'm saying, Like as you know, like you say, Spa, he did the battling.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: It was the first nigga already seen like battling. You know what I'm saying as far as like on that level. You know I'm saying that really get some notoriety from it. So I always tuned into it, like my nigga ali be battling in the hood, different shit like that. We'll watch the reed dollars, the murder mooks and shit like that. You know, So I always watched it. I never really thought i'd get into it, you know what I'm saying, Because I rapped you know, I go to the studio A Records like the next nigga, you know what I'm saying. So I was always into rapping and doing the rap shit. But as far as when I finally just like stepped into that field, it was just it was like it was like damn, like some spur of the moment, some random shit.
Speaker 4: Man, My god.
Speaker 6: Kevin Parks, he got a league in the Orange County, the Riot, you know what I'm saying, which now I'm like co owner with him now, but at the time it was all strictly him and he just was doing it out of Orange County, you know what I'm saying. So I knew a partner who was battling up there, like who would go up there and just do little local battles and shit.
Speaker 1: He always tell us about like y'all.
Speaker 6: Be going to Santa Ana going to Fullerton man battling niggas and shit, like yeah, like we be in the hood, Like yeah. We never really go with him though and catch the motherfuckers. We never really had no chance to go tune in to him. So one day he like hit me, like yo, man, they called me to come up here in battle. They said, we I mean bring some other motherfuckers with us. Man A got litte hundred dollars tourn it out of some quick shit. It weren't really nothing, but we just didn't like, fucking man, let's go. We aint never really peeped. It, never went out here with you went out there. They just had some freestyle shit going on. Like I say, we wrapped, so we just did the little freestyles fucking around that day, and then the people out there was like, man, y'all should do this, Like y'all should y'all should start battling. Man, So then they end up tapping in on me. And like I say, like probably like a month from that day, I had my first battle on camera, you know what I'm saying, that shit on YouTube when I battled this cat named King Rico. And then after that it just kept going, you know what I'm saying it like it was just like on something like I say, some spur of the moment, just went out there with the homy fucking around freestyling, and the niggas who was bucking battles was like, man, we want to see y'all do this shit more.
Speaker 1: And we just kept going on it.
Speaker 4: So you was just on your a sinction after that, man, King Rico.
Speaker 6: Do then yeah, man, all y'all did he man, you know what I'm saying, served him Saturday?
Speaker 4: You served him? Man? So what was like, when did you know, man, that this shit was gonna be something? Though? Like, like, when was that moment when you said, you know what, man, I made it? And I don't think none of us ever really said we made it, you know what mean? Because you always still feel like, man, shit, she can go bad in any minute, But what was that moment man, like, Man, I'm really doing this shit like it kind of trip you out.
Speaker 6: So, like I say, so, those was all like early battles. It wasn't really no money if all, it wasn't really nothing going on. My first time I battled in front of this cat named Nords who was at the time working for U Areel with your smack and you know the U are Reel, you know what I mean. So he was at one of the battles. I did a battle out, I did a battle. He was there like hosting it or whatnot, you know what I'm saying. So after the battle, I didn't have no Twitter. I already had none of that. And after I did the battle, I remember of my boy telling me, like, yo, man to do nords Man. He on Twitter, Man, he tweeted about you man, tweeted about your battle man telling people like it's this dude from Compton who like the next who next up? Like you know what I'm saying. I'm like yeah, like he said, like he came to the battle, said all that. So they ended up calling me later on like Yo, you want you to come to New York do a battles When they had this stuff caught the proving grounds in order to get on you all real used to have to go through this process, caught the proven grounds, the PG process where you they'll just get different people from different states and they're just you know, see who the you know who the best one, and they end up you know, advancing on to getting their chance to really be in a part of their platform.
Speaker 1: So I went to New York. I say, that was my first time really.
Speaker 6: Saying like damn, like like this real, like you know what I'm saying, like cause I had to really take that leap of faith. Like I said, it wasn't no money of us, So we have to buy our own flights for our own rooms, do all that to really do it. So I'm like, at this point, I gotta really be really to take it serious because if I'm finna spend three four hundred on a flight, five six hundred on the room, they gotta go out here and be ready to win, because I ain't evenna waste no thousand dollars and all that just cook.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Is it prize money or something.
Speaker 6: It wasn't even no money involved like this really just like nigga, just the proving ground, Like it ain't nothing. I go out there and win or lose, win getting shit. You know what I'm saying, Your dude, you just gotta year. You just going like to see if you're gonna make it. And they battle the battle that I ended up doing, it didn't even drop. So I don't even so not only did a nigga go out there and did all that, but I ain't never even get to see the battle of footage nothing, you know what I'm saying. It Really, like I said, it was just like a test to like proving yourself. So I was one of the times when I'm like, okay, this this is a turning point to where it's.
Speaker 1: Like if you serious with this ship. You gotta really take it serious.
Speaker 6: Because you know it ain't no guarantee that it's gonna blow or ain't. So it's like, if you're gonna go, you might as well it's gonna go now. I just be like, man, fuck all that. Man just finished doing what you're doing. Do some other shit to make some money or get your name out there. So I say, I went out there, I did my thing. A lot of people liked the battle who was there, but nobody got to see it. The battle never dropped, never came out, so I kind of got discoursed. Ain't gonna from Like, I ain't fuck with them niggas no more. Like you know what I'm saying, I'm cool nigga that spent a thousand dollars flew to New.
Speaker 1: York, whipped the nigga ass.
Speaker 6: I'm feeling like they mad because I didne went out there and whooped the nigga and all this like.
Speaker 4: They might have had something to do. What you think they might have been made. That's how I was looking at it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, on the rear, I'm looking at it like that, like damn, cause the nigga I was balting, he was from the East Coast. This happened in New York, So I'm like, oh, this was probably they was probably thinking I was finna come be the sacrificial lamb.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you probably figured a lot of that ship is set up for u FA favoritism. It was set up for the favorite teams, like the hometown he wrote hit Me Up, get Me Make Me Crazy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, plus New York and New York almost to a point, rightfully slow because they're the birthplace of hip hop. New York kind of is like oh, la nigga from Compton, come out here and serve saying, yeah, he ain't you served up? But you can walk there ruin the plans.
Speaker 6: Now Yeah, so now it's like, yeah, they feel back from me. So it goes on now fast forward. They had hit me back though, like you know what I'm saying to like come back again, like yeah, man, like but like on like I say, it ain't dropping nothing, but they on my phone like trying to gasp me like even need you come back again?
Speaker 4: Do it?
Speaker 6: So I'm like, oh, this is what they trying to do. Like I don't already ran through one nigga nosk another test Like I'm already off it now though, like now I'm straight, you know what I'm saying, Like I'm cool, but it's.
Speaker 1: A league that uh shout out my guy organic.
Speaker 6: They had the league King of the Dot is really based out of Canada, but they did a lot of West Coast events. So at the time, they had this spot caught the bunker out in there lay where they would do battles.
Speaker 1: They would host of that.
Speaker 6: They don't got it no more, but they would, so I heard they they tapped in on me, like, yo, man, would you battle on the bunker? I battled this kid named Sane out of Inglewood at the time, you know what I'm saying. And when I battled him, it just so happened, Like all the stars alone, this shit gonna be on pay per view. It's a lot of big names on the court at the time, like a Verb and the Sorest dudes who've been doing it for a long time. So it's like I'm at the bottom of the car. They're like, Finn, open this joint up. It just so happened. Like I say, the night before, I'm still you know, I'm still hanging out, so I'm I don't I'm knocked outsleep by the time the battle comes, cause the day before I've been up all night doing all type of other shit. So when they hitting me, it's probably like five six o'clock. I'm just now like, oh damn, I ain't gonna lie. I forgot all about that shit type type vibe, you know what I'm saying. So when I get there, now it's probably like eight, like three foul battles then already went on, So the pay per view already rocking, people talking about it. It's like probably one more battle before it's my battle now like.
Speaker 1: Before the main event.
Speaker 6: But I get there, so now I'm like, it's like light's camera action, like, oh he got a battle, like you still like you showed up and now all eyes on me. I think I went crazy in that battle versaying. But it's on pay per views, live people watching it. So now at this time, everybody like, yo, who is this dude? Like you know what I'm saying, Like niggas is tuned in like this nigga he knew like they ain't never seen. I say, I only had like one or two battles that came out on a half or something like that. I would have no big name and had no gang of views. But now this is a this is a card where the whole like battle rap culture tuned into you know what I'm saying right when they see me go crazy on Now, I think that was like the moment where everybody like took notice, like, Yo, this dude, whoever Geechee is like this nigga nice? Like you know what I'm saying, consated for that one compensated for that won't make sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, definitely it's cheesing faulls. Yeah. Yeah, at least.
Speaker 5: Some money involved, trying to pay your dues at some port. You gotta, you know, some got to turn into some financial success.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotta be straight up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: In the beginning, status I say for battle rap like on the come up, it ain't really Now it's different though, it's a lot more opportunities.
Speaker 1: You. I think this, like two thousand and seventeen is the.
Speaker 5: Platform to to, you know, want to get somewhere else, like to the next level of you know, making records or deal or some shit like that.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie it used to be like that.
Speaker 6: I think Now it's people that really aspire to be battle rappers though, like it's dudes who really like, they like, they not even trying to make records they like in the mirror, practicing a battle bars, trying to be battle rappers, because it's certain motherfuckers that make a better living than dudes who making records that ain't really hot. You know what I'm saying, Like, you gotta think if I'm at the level I'm at now, I do a show ten minutes of rapping, man, I get fifty thousand.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying that you feel this?
Speaker 6: Dudes up there wrapping ten twenty thirty minutes, You know what I mean? They probably getting four thousand or something. You know what I'm saying, they might can do three shows that whole weekend and make fifteen twenty.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I'm up there ten minutes, I'm already done, got my whole fifty I went home.
Speaker 1: Now, you know what I'm saying, I'm done. You feel me, I come back two weeks later, do it again.
Speaker 6: Or I can go do a little four thousand dollars, a little show in a small city with some small name type of thing. So now it's more lucrative. Like you see, you got people like Remy ma got a whole battle rap league. You know what I'm saying. You know what I mean, Like Smack, he's been around for years. They done partnered up with caffeine. You know what I'm saying that the deal was, Drake is a part the caffeine. You know what I'm saying. He doesn't been at my battles hosting that rize. Money gets large gets larger.
Speaker 5: Now as far as these uh, these are these A list rappers basically having you know how like a motherfucker might have a side basketball team or you know how niggas have the basketball team or whatever. So niggas is doing these battle leagues. Now, okay, it's like that. That's that's cracking.
Speaker 6: It's turning into that now, like where you got a lot of the A list rappers who probably come to these events or athletes, you know what I'm saying. They come to these events and they put money up in different things of that nature where they might sponsor certain dudes. You know what I'm saying, Like I done been at certain events where you got catch like Gerald mccooy.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: NFL story, who been at that joint and he come to a battle and be like your twenty more thousand on the battle or you know what I'm saying. Such you know what I mean, just on the top of it. And like I say, now it's contracts, so it's not even really no prize money. It's like this guaranteed bridge. It's like deposit back in. Like you know what I'm saying, but year you getting paid, so you not going to go now held up, it's already is locked in. We signed a contract, you send a deposit. Then after I'm done, you send the other money once the job done.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: It might be like I say, judging involved on certain on top of it, if somebody want to do that, you know what I mean. It is certain battles that go down like that where I did a battle. I think a lot of people know me and my brother rum Nitty we had a battle where it was one hundred and fifty thousand on the line. You know what I'm saying, me versus him? Uh Drake hosted it like two years ago on like known not the main events, like the biggest. It's out of that a summer man's considered like the super Bowl, a battle rap you know what I'm saying. So, but we did that and we split that. But like, yeah, that's just few and form between. Like usually it's it's boot boot boot sign it, you know what i mean, Like anything else. You know what I'm saying, it's locked in, you know what I mean when you at a certain level. But like, but like it's not everybody getting that. I'm not gonna sit in act like this is the whole battle rap culture now, you know what I'm saying. It's some niggas who, like you say, you gotta pay they due, They gotta pay their way to get there, get their name up, and you know, go through the trenches. I've been doing this shit for years now, you know what I'm saying. In the battle everybody, It's like it's probably about one name or two names on the on the list of battle rappers you can write down that I ain't battled.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: It's like probably one city you can name it, I ain't been in, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for real, you know you mentioned those big mainstream stars like Drake, and I see different rappers that they have taken the interest in the battle rap arena. As far as like those I would called mainstream rappers. Do you think it's anybody out there capable of stepping into the arena doing the battle records? The battle rap shit can be brutal, and that's way different. Hell No, we saw how that Joe Button shit turned out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you.
Speaker 6: I think the difference is like somebody that's on that mainstream level of them, they don't have like they would have to have a time, you know what I'm saying, Like, cause it takes time to really because you gotta be zero dark thirty. Sometimes you gotta lock that door and like shut shit off, like he was saying earlier, and he got it worrying about the kids.
Speaker 4: You got to think.
Speaker 6: I got three kids, But they gotta be times where it's like when I came in, I got a battle coming up. I got to block all this shit out right now because I got to write this damn Remember this shit had this shit locked in it.
Speaker 1: It's only one time. It ain't no studio where I could punch it in.
Speaker 6: Once I'm in front of these two three thousand people, I gotta say this shit crispy one time, you know what I'm saying. So I think a lot of times those A list people though they got the skill level.
Speaker 1: Because rapping is rapping. You can rap, you can rap.
Speaker 6: So I'm not saying they ain't got the skill to do it, but they might not have a time to focus in to really just zone in on an opponent, and then they got.
Speaker 1: More as stake.
Speaker 6: It's more for the average battle rapper to talk about with them, you know what I mean? They life is probably more on and that's one of the key things in battle rap, being able to pick apart something. So if you if your whole life is on YouTube, your whole life is on the vlogs, I can talk about.
Speaker 5: All that, like you know what I'm saying, basically, you you so, like basically, when you know you're scheduling the battle, you know who you're fin the battle, so you get to basically dissect the motherfucker feed into they background they passed, you know so, because I've noticed that, you know, it's a different format dude, they give you.
Speaker 6: Back in the day, it was like freestyling, Like people to just meet up, freestyle, come off the top of the dome, say some ship has some free boars of.
Speaker 1: Something that they ain't gonna use on the record. Now It's like, nah, I.
Speaker 6: Know September fourteenth, I'm battling John John, and all right now I need to focus on John John all the way from July today up until September.
Speaker 5: I got another I can say with motherfucking composure and mind state, gotta really be settled, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: To get it because you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, because you gotta be able to have to talk still. They get to talk about the leather pads bad and you be you.
Speaker 1: Again, you will go you have pants doing on up.
Speaker 5: The mother I did talk about Brian. They get to talk about that WHODDI hacked the motherfucking leather pads?
Speaker 3: You know what telling you know?
Speaker 6: And that's how it get like they dissected that deep though, like something you got on or to the point of your nigg It could be anything.
Speaker 1: You could have.
Speaker 5: Been real nigga talked about nigga when you was five and pissed on yourself and the.
Speaker 3: Raids on that part.
Speaker 4: You know, he'll be.
Speaker 5: Doing some straight fed investigation with his battle rap Tide.
Speaker 4: Just heard man, the crip Ma is having a battle right he's having a battle. Yeah, that's real interesting. You know what battle. I have to clarify something I did not call Cryp crypt Mark on the episode last week.
Speaker 3: A few niggas was hitting me about that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: They was like, man, you need because you know you did that ship on purpose. You slipped that ship out. Yeah, called him crypt Mark.
Speaker 4: Why these dudes in this room, they don't know me twenty years Mark is not even a part of my vocapulary. I don't even talk.
Speaker 1: It's all. It's all good, nigga, it's all good. You slip, you slid the crip mark out there.
Speaker 4: It's all.
Speaker 5: It's it's it's it's nothing. He said, many he said.
Speaker 3: Listen what he said. He said.
Speaker 5: It wasn't no purpose. But it did slip out there. Did the crip mark slip out there?
Speaker 3: Just yes?
Speaker 4: Or dog didn't crip out there? That was in the second slip Check it out. Niggas is real upset about that. Yeah, nigga told me dog.
Speaker 5: Tripper right now, No, not crip Mac not tripping.
Speaker 1: He got a little.
Speaker 5: Fan base, so you know based this like, oh, man, nigga, you know you did that ship on purpose.
Speaker 4: Steal me on Instagram dog. He said, well, you need to tell Steve this. He needs to explain himself on the next episode. I be thinking that nigga probably got a hold. He got a little fan based niggas. Dog, that's really.
Speaker 3: All that you owe that nigga.
Speaker 5: You owe that nigga some cock eys, chicken nigga and some others, and a case of.
Speaker 1: A six pack. Don't even give him the faulty royal blue tea shirt.
Speaker 5: That niggas get that. Do you owe that nigga fifteen piece of cock? Guysnigg you don't.
Speaker 4: Forget the old English nigga.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, we're gonna We're gonna sit there.
Speaker 5: We're gonna he gonna my nigga still gonna sit in that right over, Specialty Liver.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get Uber eats to break that right all over.
Speaker 4: You gotta fix that shut out to the homie Crip mac Man, you know, going back.
Speaker 1: He said, Crip Mac this time it's same Mark.
Speaker 4: It's Mark Crip Mack. So we have mainstream catch that, you know, trying to go in the battling When Joe Buttons had his battle dog and he came up there and Joe Buttons for the record this.
Speaker 1: Slaughter eminem put it together or something like that.
Speaker 4: And this is not no you know that, why would you have I don't even know Joe Button, So this is not no think of me. But he's the guy could think of the most recent memory that attempted to jump into that, you know, into that ring. That's a whole different rim.
Speaker 1: Now that's a fun.
Speaker 4: So I saw him at a point he pulled out his paper like he had his rip raps roting down quick. You think that was one of those points to where he just kind of lost focus right in the middle of that and start forgetting this stuff in kind of panic.
Speaker 6: I think it was just like like when you get up there, because I think it was a cannabis who did something like that, pulled his but no button that said he was gonna walk off. I think he quit though, like and walked off like he's just done. Like he like you ain't gonna listen, Like I think when it comes to them dudes, like like you said earlier, like it would come a point where like if you doing a show and you come you come from rapping and you're doing the show, you know the crowd he's there to hear you now they coming in here, you know what I'm saying. But in battle Wrap, it's like fifty fifty they coming to hear you. But at the same time they also coming and like like see you fuck up too, Like once you fuck up, now that part of the show is like boom, get the fuck out of here, like you trash or whatever.
Speaker 1: The other dude killing you.
Speaker 6: So that moment when you're seeing something that the crowd ain't feeling, they gonna let you know.
Speaker 1: That it ain't dope.
Speaker 6: And that's an ego hit for a rapper, like you don't never think the shit you rapping ain't dope.
Speaker 1: So you're getting up. He got there.
Speaker 3: Have you got that armor on?
Speaker 1: Gotta have that armor on.
Speaker 5: You got to be able to take the motherfucking good with the bad.
Speaker 4: Nigga.
Speaker 5: If you if you slipping fall, nigga, you slipping fall, you know how we do it.
Speaker 3: Nigga.
Speaker 5: If it's a crowd, the niggas around you slipping fall, we gonna point laugh, you know, like I don't mean nothing by it, but nigga, you feel it's funny.
Speaker 1: Is a motherfucker and ship you know you gotta.
Speaker 3: Get over it.
Speaker 5: Motherfucker you're supposed to be ever, like we always say, you gotta be able to play ship out you get me. Damn fuck it, nigga. He's supposed to throw up his hands to go, I got my ass kicks, you got it, you get it. But to walk off and be like I quit that just you know, it just goes to show you're not built for certain shit you feel see.
Speaker 6: And I think that come with us, like like it just come with the backgrounds, like you gotta think us we coming from a from a street background. So that's why it was so easy for me to navigate through it, cause it's like, oh man, what's the worst. Then they gonna say something like man, we coming from ducking shots and all kind of shit, like oh he finla. He can say whatever you want to say this dude, I don't even believe it, like you know what I'm saying, Like he can say he could get up here for we finish. You finna pay me to call this nigga a bunch of shit that I really can say that, I can really feel bad about this dude. And I could just listen to him say some shit real quick, and I know the people that came with me know everything you saying is made up, it's lies, it ain't real.
Speaker 1: You don't got nothing to stand on it, I think.
Speaker 6: But some people, when you get to attacking them, now, if it is real and it's hitting you now, you can see the reaction like damn, like oh shit, he said something that that hurt me. Like that's why in battle rap it's tough because certain things that you say might not it might not even affect the crowd, but it's affecting the person that you're talking to for sure. Now that's affecting them when it's time for them to wrap, because usually you want to if you ain't got the skill of rebuttering or you know what I'm saying, Like I say something about what you got on right now you want to be able to get back on me, like, man, this costs more than the.
Speaker 1: Ship you got on.
Speaker 6: And if you ain't that dude, I'm talking about what you got on and you deep down really feel like this all you could afford, you broke. Now when it's your time to wrap, you you choking up like that. It's secure, you know what I'm saying, a lot of these dudes deal with that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying fuck a lot of dudes up.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this, though, bro, the Math off of dude was known for punching niggas. He was known for punching niggas out, yeah, straight up and then the homely disaster from out here shout out, you know, I know this did stole on him out here. How would you react being from Compton, A nigga put his hands on you, Because I've seen niggas get brutal shout out to the.
Speaker 3: Home why is that?
Speaker 5: Is it because they can't take the heat they started throwing punch you.
Speaker 4: I don't know why Math was punching on niggas.
Speaker 3: Though, ain't getting too personal.
Speaker 1: What was it on the times when Math hit dudes?
Speaker 6: I think the first one was like the most notable one was what to do with adults or whatever? And he had his hat like this and he rapping and hat like on his nose, damn near and I think he says something like man like, get out my face type ship dude on the back up he swinging on eim or whatnot.
Speaker 1: So with that I would say this with me, I'm not going for it anyway.
Speaker 6: You put your hands on me in a batter counsel Christmas, we fucking you going, it's going It's gonna keep going.
Speaker 1: On like it's safe to provoking. It's going up.
Speaker 6: But I think you have to understand in battle wrap, you gotta still be able to like and math grew from that for years. I don't want to keep that on him because he done had a lot of battle since then where he ain't put his hands on nobody in him and DearS they you know what I mean? That that how that situation played. I was unfortunate, But for the most part, you gotta understand, like it's it's unwritten rules. It's like you can you can rap, you can say what you want to say about the motherfucker, but you shouldn't be touching nobody and no battle like it ain't no reason for me to be battling And then I'm.
Speaker 1: Grabbing you and doing all this because you.
Speaker 6: Know what I'm now at this point, Like you know, I'm like, if I'm not gonna let you grab me in no conversation, I'm not gonna let you grab me on stage. You know what I'm saying that certain battles have rapports with each other, Like you know what I'm saying where they might have that conversation like, look, we're gonna get a little physical, like you gonna you know what I mean, But they understand it, ain't they about But if you don't got that rapport with somebody, of course it's gonna go left. But you gotta think. Now, a lot of these dudes is peers. They've been knowing each other for years. They do in state to state, place to place, doing shows together, so they know each other at this point where it's like, you know, if you battle, Let's say, who Kupmak from the Battle Active. Active is known for the pocket check, So I'm not saying when he do the pocket check it ain't real. But if you've been battling with him, you know that's his move. He might go for He might go for it though, because if if krip Mak pay attention to battles, you know, that's what Active do.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, So.
Speaker 4: I don't know Meigg. It's a rapper though, Quip mank got an album coming up. Oh shit, word doing this is in the process of recording the album right now. This battle might be a crazy might putting out this ship man, You gotta think about it. Dog, Crip Mac has a fan base. When you look at this metrics, I get all that, but see see this is where if you can get two percent of them, people by all want to get a plack up in this motherfucker.
Speaker 5: Now, c when you say ship like that, that fucks with a nigga like me, man, like a real artist, man who's been putting out records. Now you want to tell me like, like, my nigga can get a platinum record off of.
Speaker 1: What man being Crip, My nigga off a content off of fucking off.
Speaker 4: Nothing more than Krip Mac.
Speaker 1: Game change. So that's what that's like.
Speaker 4: You don't change my nigga going to paint your hair blue, pink your beard.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 5: First off, I'm not a fucking gimmick, straight up, you know what I'm saying. I don't advertise being from the hood. But niggas know what it was. If you it was what it was like I've always learned and was taught from an early age. Niggas wasn't flamboyant, and we wasn't you know, we wasn't flashy and flossy, and it wasn't all like nowadays, Like, man, come on, man, I'm really I'm I'm real curious man, because every like he's finna.
Speaker 1: Really battle rapper niggas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Nigga's finna be digging in like like Nigga back in grade school, you was this and you come from here and.
Speaker 6: I want to gainst active actor from Grape Street. He been doing this for a long time? Is this you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Is this a publicity stuff?
Speaker 4: You know what? Man? I don't know? You know what I.
Speaker 5: Mean, because who chose Who's who chose that?
Speaker 1: Who chose this? Like who said this.
Speaker 6: League is a lust wanted disaster league gt X, You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So it's a publicity stuff.
Speaker 6: So that's you feel like, I mean, you had to be at least disaster because it's his league, you know what I'm saying, Probably, like you know, initiated it.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I ain't with I ain't with No don't think he could do it though, like he Man, I'm.
Speaker 4: Is a real purist dog doing that at all? Man, it's a hip hop.
Speaker 6: Don't get he'll did he get up there and do nothing with I ain't gonna lie better rap for me, I'm the same way with it, Like I don't know if like what it's like.
Speaker 5: To just go the fuck off. Man really just stopped ahead stage right now.
Speaker 1: Five because oh.
Speaker 6: What hey, but that But that's what I'm saying, want against his real battle this world today.
Speaker 1: Man, But he going against a real better repper, That's.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying, Like, because you already know that's just like putting butter Bean up against Mike Tyson and ship. You get me, it's a fucking my nigga from Grape is gonna you know, he's a fucking veteran.
Speaker 4: Like, do you banking on what the promoter is banking on Butterbean possibly catching one and slipping one in?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, you you and we talking about people are and win them all. Man, Now you now you join Now you are one. Now you joining the motherfucker. You joining the motherfucker. You joining the motherfucking ranks of all these other motherfuckers. You cannot be serious to say, oh, he's banking on butter Bean and catching What are you fucking kiddy?
Speaker 4: Means to me, this is the philosophy, right, This.
Speaker 5: Is niggas gotta stop with this internet ship man.
Speaker 4: The philosophy. Hey, this is the philosophy right here. We are expecting Mike Tyson to beat the fuck up burder Bean. That happened, people gonna be entertaining. They gonna go home. But Butterbean fucking around and get lucky and throw awkward ass punching hit Mike is certain way and not Mike on the canvas. Niggas go be like, oh my god, you know what niggas gonna You know what nigga's gonna say. You know what niggas gonna say. No, know what niggas gonna say when that happened, set up, set up, set up? Oh ship, really, but do you.
Speaker 1: Think that's like fair?
Speaker 6: I'm saying you think that's unfair to like somebody like an active then like if if he going in with the landscape. But like, all this dude gotta do is say something that's halfway decent and now it is over exclstead exploited.
Speaker 4: Let's yeah, let's say Krip walk up that motherfucker spit the most eloquent, poetic gangster ship in the world.
Speaker 5: Niggas like, oh my god, when the niggas still be killing me?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: Why niggas still be killing me, man, you love to ride that motherfucker that that motherfucking butchatical bull. You like that, but you like to get up there and ride that motherfuck You'll ride that mother will this nigga still be like krip Back for to get up there. Nigga like nigga. He fit to killing nigga.
Speaker 4: Man, he might my nigga. You know, fucking with a nigga like me, you gonna pay twenty nine ninety nine watching the nigga.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna set up the motherfucking crip mac big steel fucking battle.
Speaker 1: Is he gonna serve you? No?
Speaker 3: I want to hear, nigga.
Speaker 5: I'm setting it up, Brian nigga, big steal, motherfucking crip back battle rap nigga who goes serve? Who is he goes? Now put yourself in the same shoes you just said. Butter Bean fit the cume He to catch you.
Speaker 4: Nigga.
Speaker 5: You finn to be sitting on the ground. Nigga, they gonna beat you.
Speaker 7: Would not happen a correct crip back your rap hey, Man, look at he stuck crip hey and you battle rap you leagues whatever I want it set up the gangster raps battle Crip Mac and Big Stick.
Speaker 6: Hell, we can make a heaven man, Crip back and still live said, he's surface. Yeah, he's like making heaven.
Speaker 4: I'm with it.
Speaker 1: They got that.
Speaker 5: We put these God got a got got a motherfuck got got a motherfucking family pack of cock. Gosh, nigga, the fucking six pack right down, niggak.
Speaker 4: We're doing there, nigga.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what you want your ship extra spicy a mile Niggas see with me.
Speaker 4: I don't want no chicken, my nigga, I don't want no beer. Some need some increments. I need some increments.
Speaker 3: Know that this is the fun.
Speaker 5: This is public this is a publicity stuff motion. I'm not I'm fifty years old to ranking no better ship. I'm not trying to wrap nigga. Sit up here and tell me, Hey man, I give you five thousand years, you got you, you gonna get it.
Speaker 4: You get back on the ship. Though, this actually raises into a good point. Dog, when does it come disrespect for motherfucker stepping into your ring? You know you say you played all the dudes don't pay money to get the shows. You're taking this shit serious. And there's some other nigga coming out here and that's not no disrespecting. Nobody was trying to do this ship. But you see ship like that, you're like, man, that nigga don't give my blood swiating tears this ship and these niggas are here playing with this ship.
Speaker 6: Nah yeah, Nah, that's definitely you know what I'm saying, it's because it is it's looked at like that, like you.
Speaker 1: Have to at least take the craft serious for show.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I think it's the It's the same way like he said, man being the purest and hip hop. If you just see somebody that's making an album, making a record and you're like, man, this dude ain't really taking the craft serious. He ain't really writing his own ship. Like you know that that's frowned up on.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. You ain't writing your own ship.
Speaker 4: You don't.
Speaker 1: You don't really got know the ship you write rapping ain't really you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: All this shit is make believe. So it's the same way coming into like the battle arena. If it's something like you just coming and playing with the niggas who do this twenty four seven, they gonna be like man, what is this like, you know what I'm saying, Because that's a check that could have went to somebody who really do this, you know what I'm saying. So that's just any way you're gonna look at it like, you know what I'm saying. So I feel like, whenever you get into anybody arena, you gotta really take that craft series, really prove that you really you know what I'm saying, That that's not just no no fluke thing, you know what I'm saying. I think a lot of times that's why when the main stream artists who do come and get into it, a lot of the times the real issue be like they did.
Speaker 1: Some one and done shit. They just showed up one time, got on, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: The ones who end up getting loved be the dudes who like, now, they tried it one time, but they came back again to like really see if they really can do it, you know what I'm saying, and stuck with it, you know what I mean, because they like, fucking I fell on my face on that first one, but I'm gonna do it again, you know what I'm saying. So I think that's kind of the difference. If you really see somebody that's really serious with it and they really taking this shit like like you know, this is what they want to do, then you know, nigga.
Speaker 1: Gonna have to respect it. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: For sure, it is like on some game banging shit, you see a nigga that just want to bang the hood some shit just because it looked cool. But then it's like, h nah, he coming to the hood. He hanging out here a participant. Now it's like, okay, it's cool, we believe you. Now, yeah, he real gaz, He a part of this shit, and he ain't just pop up because it's a funeral or hood day real quick to throw the shirt, don't take the pictures with the homies and leave. You know what I'm saying, He can't to really fuck around. It's the same way, you know what I'm saying, Like you gotta really show niggas that you're really doing this. So yeah, battle rappers just like that. Man, they want to see a motherfucker take this shit for real.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, you gotta take it serious right now. Man, as far as your battles, man, have you ever had to walk there and destroy somebody you looked up to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't battle some of my favorite battlers, man, Like, like one of my favorite battles that I have, I won't even say I destroyed even because I felt like it was a good battle. I felt like I got it, but I definitely felt like it was a good battle. Like one of my favorite battlers was like Arsenal, you know what I'm saying, Arsenal saying Arsenal. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, real disrespectful. He's been doing it for a long time. So that was like one of the battles when I like getting ready for that battle, like oh, like damn, Like this is a nigga. Who would I used to watch this shit. I used to see this nigga talk crazy, say the craziest shit to.
Speaker 1: A nigga, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So when I finally got that battle, that was one of them, like one of those moments for me like okay, like like I know I'm really in this ship right now, like you know what I'm saying. Like though I battled a lot of niggas, that battle right there was the one where I knew like, yeah, I'm I'm in the ring with the niggas who really do this shit.
Speaker 4: You know, all right, I'm a name. I'm gonna say a few rappers that you have battle, yeah, and I want you to tell me what you feel the bottle murder moot.
Speaker 1: Murder, moo murder moo mook a legend.
Speaker 6: I ain't gonna now that battle right there specifically was in New York. I felt like I won that battle. But I but I say the consensus. I felt like he got the battle because he was at home.
Speaker 4: And you know, I was gonna ask you, is like, did you feel that element there? Man?
Speaker 3: Like, think of this New York. We're not gonna let you walk out of here with that.
Speaker 6: I understood it before I went out there, because I just battled the loaded Lux who also from New York, and he came to Cally and battle me. So when he came out here, I got him, and I felt like it's just like one of them things. It's like a motherfucker come to your yard and and you whip his ass. Now you go over there, They're like, Noah, we we can't let him win over here.
Speaker 4: So I say, ain't be doing that. Man. That was my second nigga. I was gonna give you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, loaded Lux came to Lord of Luz, came to me. Yeah, Loaded Lux came to me, came to Kelly. I feel like I got that one. So I battled Muk after that. So I and Muk is a like I say, not only a legend, but he's smart. So like when I the most credit, I give him this. He knew how to play the optics of the game too, Like, so me battling there, he painted the picture already a West versus East on the stage, like he made him pick a side. As the raps going on, like, yeah, you know why I don't like this nigga. It ain't cause no beef. That's something real with me. It's cause he from the same city that killed Biggie's on that I was like everybody in that motherfucker like, how we gonna cheer for this nigga?
Speaker 1: And we love big you know what I'm saying. So it's it's already like put him.
Speaker 6: On and put him in between a rock and a hard place, like it don't matter how dope he is.
Speaker 1: Nah, man, you heard what Mook said. Man, that's right.
Speaker 6: We can't we can't give it up to a nigga that he's from the same city that took one of our legends.
Speaker 1: Like it ain't personal.
Speaker 6: I ain't like he trying to kill me physically in that motherfucker said It was no tension like that, But it's enough to where it's like, damn ah, now fuck that.
Speaker 1: You're right, you know what I'm saying, Like we're rocket where he shifts it.
Speaker 6: Shit, that's and that's being a veteran knowing enough to like, if I say certain shit, now I got the crowd with me and take it from him he got.
Speaker 1: Now I gotta fight even harder. Now I gotta get up there and say something with it. Don't matter what you say.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I got dare to be like a biggie my cousin.
Speaker 3: You look at Mama.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Nigga, mom, where we go exactly?
Speaker 3: You feel me?
Speaker 5: So that was one of those. But what is what is is a legend? What is the ultimate goal for the battle rapper?
Speaker 6: Okay, I feel like speaking to me, my ultimate goal, Like I feel like I've kind of reached it, you know what I'm saying as far as like, you know, just getting to the top of this field out of won like multiple like awards of being the number one battle Rapper of the year multiple years in a row.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Like I say, like my goal was was kind of pretty much regions to be solidified to where if I stopped today, it's like you can't tell the story of battle rap without like bringing up geechee gotta you know what I'm saying. Like, So that was my goal to where when you get to talk about legendary figures in that sport, in that realm, my name gonna be brought up when you talk about a one top battles and battles of the year, like views numbers all that. It's like, nah, I remember, yeah, he you know what I mean. You could us a conversation, you know what I'm saying, Like I'm a part of that. So I think the goal for everybody should be something like that. It's like any sports you will, like if you're playing basketball, you want to be amongst that top fifty.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You want to be you want to be in that Hall of fame.
Speaker 6: You want to be able to wear motherfucker, can you got something to stand up on with You know what I mean when they talk about the sports you was in. You want of the names that that get remember you know what I mean with the lights your jersey hung up, you know, So that's really the gold.
Speaker 3: I feel like battle rappers get their recognition.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's getting there now, you know what I'm saying. I feel like it's getting there now, Like you're starting to see more of them, like you see on wild'n Out You got three folk five battle rappers on there from clips hit Man Hower Conceded and see Sharon Like these dudes is on TV. You know what I mean weekly like off of their skill in battle rap. You know what I'm saying, Like you're seeing that you are, You're starting to see more battle rappers do songs with mainstream artists like Freeschool Server.
Speaker 4: We seen him.
Speaker 6: Songs from Misi Jada on down Like dudes doing features with these cats, you know what I'm saying, dudes working with them. So I think now, like I say, the sport is getting a little more light on it to the point where people are starting to, like, you know what, like no dudes for not just being battle rappers, but that's the field they knowing from you got math how for like you brung up he got one of the top podcasters.
Speaker 1: In the world. Now, you know what, I'm still all off a battle.
Speaker 5: Rap seeing that it's like the fiftieth year anniversary of hip hop whatever? Do you feel battle rappers should be recognized in that field as well?
Speaker 4: Man? I just think it's hip hop expands. It's just a part of the culture.
Speaker 5: So you know, you y Lane, and then you see what all these lists they do, So why don't you compile a list? Since you really know battle rapping and you really into it, why don't you compile a list of what you feel is the greatest top fifty battle rappers.
Speaker 4: You know what, if I was gonna put a list like that together, I think stuff like that, man, is all because it's.
Speaker 5: Been around for It's been around for how many how many years?
Speaker 4: What you say? Shit? Battle rap been around since the beginning of hip hop?
Speaker 5: Okay, so it should be it should be significant battle rappers who you know gets the recognition, you know, just like we're doing with And I don't even say that shit for myself because you know, you see motherfucker's contemplate all they made this list how come you ain't here and they ain't got your shit here? And I never trip off a shit like that. But you don't never see that field considered in the gal of regular and not just saying regular hip hop. You don't see like when motherfucker's mention motherfuckers are mentioned. You know this nigga was a lyricist, or Cube was, or Biggie or Wooter. You wo motherfucker, don't never go, what's my nigga battle rapping? He was killing motherfuckers? You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You know, any list I would ever be involved with would definitely have to be some would have to be subjective. It wouldn't be just based on what I think. So what I would do if I did put a list together, we ever start putting together list, we would have a panel to pass back the cats for us to make sure that it's one hundred face. Scar to me is one of the greatest scarfaces. This dude right here you should have You want to coolgie relation mothers a long time. When I when if I have my list of top gangster rapper rappers ever and I'm putting together top five, it's gonna be ice Cube. It's going to be m C eight. It's going to be cool g rap It's gonna be I say, Scarface already, I played Scarface. I will want to put all the ghetto boys up in there. But if I have the final, the final two, Spice one and probably Big Mic like that, you on that Big Mike. Big Mike was a hard motherfucker. Big Mike was one of the motherfucker most legendary gangster. I'm talk about niggas, then cound really spit, Yeah, I ain't talking about niggas. Is just out there talking about gunning niggas down and how much dope they code. And I always have to give an honorable mention. And I know a lot of people might hate this. I wouldn't put him in the top five, but he would be right in my top teen outside of it. Rick Ross, Rick Ross a bad motherfucker with the top you know what you gotta Ross in that top five to Ross is in the pantheon, a rap dog, a rap. I wouldn't say that would be disrespectful to people like him, the Cube and all that, just to say, okay, right there, but Ross is definitely in that thing. Ross has incredible wordplay and he survived in the tech from fifty cent. At that time when fifty cent was that nigga, fifty cent was just maul and niggas. Niggas was avoiding problems with him.
Speaker 1: Fifty one of the top gangster rappers too, though fifty is a whole.
Speaker 4: I think it's at that stuff. And you know what, I'm being real disrespectful right now, see that it's hard to compile a lists because I'm thinking about the nigga the game. Yeah, yeah, the game was a game. Was a rapping ass nigga Dog he could rap, dog. I listened rap though, like me.
Speaker 6: I feel like gangster rappers like am of course, like it's it's different gangsters in different regions and ship. But I feel like West Coast is gainst the rap, like you know what I'm saying, Like how trap music is South and you know what I'm saying, Like you know what I mean, Like every region got they they think. So it's like I feel like like a list of Gainst the rap for show like it gotta have West Coast heavy in that ship, you know what I'm saying, because they're the god for the the birthplace of it, like n w A all that that's you know what I mean rap, You know what I'm saying, that's what started. And then like you say, man, you go from the m c A so on down on up and just continued with that with that lane of like nigga, this is what we you know, I mean, like you can't you can't even be a gainster before you know, I mean the West, Like, you know what I mean, it's a game banging started that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: That's the thing about rap period though, man, especially when it comes to certain genres like gangster rep like battle rappers and stuff like that. A lot of people that put these lists together, some of these dudes is twenty five, twenty six years old. To me, if you go put together list, your a has got to be at least thirty thirty five years Or if you would do this within the industry and on stage of shit, we might take you. But if you some motherfucker that don't went to Harvard and shit, and you your first hip hop experience was you listening to eminem and some shit like that.
Speaker 5: Basically, when they compile them lists, I think they should, like you said, with a panel, they got to have somebody who was at the forefront of the yester years of hip hop, somebody who knew hip hop from the beginning, so they could be included in those discussions. When you want to speak on the new stuff, you gotta have somebody to be like, well, wait a minute, so and so was doing this. Cool g Rapp was doing this. Fucking you know, Gang Star was doing this, Ghetto Boys was doing this, King T was doing this. You have to be able to have somebody to vouch for that, because, like you said, if you got motherfuckers who graduated fucking college four years ago, they not thinking about Grand Master Flash, They not thinking about UTFO and shit like that.
Speaker 3: They like shit, nigga.
Speaker 5: Old school to me is fucking like you said, Eminem, old school to me is fucking anything that happened in the two thousands and up.
Speaker 4: Feel me.
Speaker 5: You asks a lot of motherfuckers today what they consider old school hip hop, and they don't know shit past two thousand.
Speaker 4: I had to get reminded one day because you know, we got a radio show that we're doing too. So I was talking to the guy that's about to start putting our stuff in the syndication, and we pretty much thought of a new format. Dog it's pretty much a dope contemporary hip hop. No, okay, that's like a lane like you figure like the most recent song you may play from that is maybe a Hustling by Rick Mark Ross. You know what I'm saying. You might put a hustling in there something like that, but you would hear the hood took Me Under in that mix. And we go play these cats new records too, because they have new records. It's like the problem, that's the part of hip hop. Man, A big part of the problem with hip hop is this is that they give everybody an age limit. Everybody get a shelf life. Okay, this nigga's passed thirty five, so we not gonna play him no more, even though he's put out ten more records after that last one, we keep playing over over again. How come he don't deserve to get Honor Mintion, Honorable Mintion. This man got a banging ass new album. Why is West Coast Radio not playing it? You feel what I'm saying. And one of the things I did want to know with battle Rap, and you could tell it's progressing, is they've become better at actually making songs because it's some of them dudes that can write their ass off, but when it come to making a song, he's just like one long ass verse. Now the music you hear music from battle rappers that may sound a little West Coast, may sound trapped, and you like, damn that ship. You know that's him because meat meals. Didn't he come from the better rap world at rapping world?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like him better transferred over. He don't sound nothing like a nigga that would be a better rapper for real, for real.
Speaker 6: I think like now, like now everybody kind of is like in that in that realm, like you know, that was the that was the early stages, like that battle rappers can't make music, you know what I'm saying. Now, it's like, nah, that's that. That's stigma pretty much gone. Like dudes is really out here like putting together dope music really. But the issue I think is when you get set in a certain box that's kind of where people just want to see you at, you know what I'm saying. So it's like, so that's why a lot of times the goal was always to try to hurry up and get to making the music, because you get to doing battle rapping, that's all they want to see you do. Like you could be dropping, like you said, one of the best albums that's out, but it's like, oh, I mean with your next battle Like Nigga, Nigga just dropped this. You ain't heard this record, this video going, nah man, when you battling negs, I want because that's what they want to see you do.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: It's like motherfucking uh, Michael Jordan, this is usual him.
Speaker 1: For for instance, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I wanted he went to try to play baseball because what he wanted to do, you know what I'm saying. But it's like, nah, I men, we gotta see you back on that court. It don't matter if he was knocking home runs out the park, if you would have been crazy and baseball wouldn't matter, you know what I'm saying, Because it's like, nah, Nigga, like we we know you from balling, you know what I'm saying. So it's kind of like that in Battle Rap where ITA's like, now, dudes are really trying to like break through that thresholder like let me show y'all we can do music. You got a lot of artists that's out there in Battle rep that's making sure they putting albums out consistently, trying to you know, break that threshold so they not just stuck and just always having to do battlerap.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm sure, because you've worked on the album.
Speaker 1: Working on one right now.
Speaker 6: Man, I got an album coming out called Lumagatti, been working on it for a minute. You know what I'm saying. I just dropped some car out of Nowhere too a couple of months back.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I try to stay consistent with the music as much as I can too, just so I can, you know what I'm saying, make sure I'm stay consistent in my fan base, you know what I'm saying, face with the music, so they ain't just stuck on it when your next battle, when your next battle is well, like you know, to where they like looking for the music, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So that's something I'll say.
Speaker 6: I was blessed with like being able to like have my podcast where I can talk about my music. I can, you know what I'm saying, I could keep my fans kind of engaged with what I do outside of just the battle rap. So like, yeah, man, I'm working on the album right now, Man, I called a Lumagatti I got.
Speaker 1: I got Beano on the on there. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I got records with r j Uh, Sue Surf, you know what I'm saying, free him. Man, got got a production from j Nouri. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know my.
Speaker 6: Guy Larry making all the heads, Larry j Jane, Larry Jane, bad boy, they got to dudes some of the coldest, you know what I'm saying. Like, So like, yeah, man, I've been working, man, definitely standing staying in tune with that. So that's that's kind of like my goal like right now is to really make sure I put out the best music I could put out. Like like you said earlier, Man, it's especially trying to get get on the radio on the West and do all this shit is different, you know what I'm saying, Like it's not as easy as as other reasons, like you know what I mean, like where they just got access. You know, we gotta we gotta fight a little harder to kind of get on.
Speaker 3: This is the number two market in the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we gotta play. You know, LA is the number two market in the world. It's kind of you know what I'm saying, Yeah, as hard as you start on at the top.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying exact, Yeah.
Speaker 4: You're starting off at the top, you know. And I want to go back to something eight and said earlier. You are really a purist. I know you hang out with the likes of DJ Premiere and you know people like that in that category. Do you think it's fair of us? Sometimes it's so called elder statesmen, the gatekeepers to probably tell some of these dudes to qualify them, like, you're not qualified to be doing this.
Speaker 5: It's too much access now. Like when I started rapping, it was it was like it was a hard club to get in, you feel me. It wasn't accessible as it is just you know, just like with how they say the statistic the statistics are with kids who come out of high school looking to get a college scholarship.
Speaker 1: To play, it's a fucking gang of kids, you feel me.
Speaker 5: I looked at that number and they say, well, it's about maybe sixty thousand kids who get offered scholarships to go to college, but it's probably over a million fucking kids more than that. Bro who playing sports, who trying to get like you get me. It's an exclusive club where it used to be for me. When I first started rapping, it was hard as fuck to get a record deal.
Speaker 4: You get me.
Speaker 5: The gate keepers of the labels, they weren't letting you in. I don't give a fuck about that hip hop shit. No no, So it took niggas to break the gate open, right, So niggas like open the door a little bit, and then it still was like, Okay, y'all want to come in here. Oh, motherfucker, you got to be on point. You got you gotta be on point to be here. I mean, there was niggas like like I'm saying, you had niggas like Cube, You had niggas like rock Him. You had niggas like LLL, like niggas who specialized in lyricism.
Speaker 4: And it wouldn't nobody else liked them. It wasn't none to compare them. Niggas was the beginning.
Speaker 5: But nowadays, you know, and to each his own, hip hop is all over the place. Man, you know what I'm saying, there's you know, you could say like there should be you know, niggas the gatekeepers should go. Oh no, man, you gotta go back to the drawing board. Oh no, man, you gotta But how you gonna tell me that, nigga? When I can go in my kitchen and turn on my little computer with my microphone and put out whatever the fuck I want to And tomorrow it's tomorrow. It's on YouTube for the world to have, you know. And basically, now it's your opinion, because even though you might go this shit is garbage, there's somebody going this shit hard as a motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get me. We didn't have that back then.
Speaker 5: Everybody who went that's garbage went that's garbage. You didn't have motherfuckers going, well, hey man, I kind of like that garbage.
Speaker 3: You get me.
Speaker 5: Now it's open nigga, Your fucking ten year old kid'll be telling you, oh man, this shit is the fire right here me the most RinkyDink shit you ever heard in your life, and it's making your head hurting, you like, what the fuck is this? But then it's twenty fix fucking ten year olds loving that stupid shit. This music, this gear towards And that's what I'm saying. It's like an adult contemporary hip hop now because I listen to all hip hop and oldies. Yeah, so on my car, my playlist, you gonna hear ghetto bull Is. You go hear Akoolgie rap, You go hear m C eight, you go hear you know, just this plathorugh of different niggas like that.
Speaker 4: You not go hear the a lot of the newer shit. You're not gonna hear none of that new stuff. Like, I'm not gonna see it, even though I respect to young thug, it was very familiar this music. I'm not gonna sit with the listen of that. That's not my lane. You fee what I mean, It's not my lane. That's not my thing. So I think hip hop is splin it off in the different stuff now dog to wear that ten year old. I can't be mad at them because really that stuff we may think sound like garbage is actually keeping the hip hop tree alive. You know, it's a part of that.
Speaker 1: It's like it's just like I learned that too.
Speaker 6: It's just it's really what they generation dealing with, and that's and it is really the music that's speaking today time. You know what I'm saying, Like, of course you Bobby not gonna get it, like you said, man being fifty somebody that's twenty right now doing they doing a whole different type of drug than a nigga was doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a motherfucker do a motherfucker add twenty. Want to hear some intelligent speech you getting Hell no, nigga, I'm perker setting out right now, Nigga. I want to hear niggas say some stupid ship like, motherfucking my asshole is this color? And I want to hear mother fucking say, Nigga, I want to hear what fuckers say.
Speaker 1: Jump off the roof and do some stupid ship.
Speaker 5: Nigga, take your gag, your motherfucker halucidative of drugs and we fucking bitches off of drugs and you don't.
Speaker 4: It's in our day. You was frowned to punt if you had about doing the drugs, if you was on cracking cocaine or something. Niggas like, nigga, you a smoker, Nigga head like you're straight up, you fucking dope.
Speaker 5: You're doing anything but weed. Nigga, You motherfucking dope here. And this was a gang of homies who was dipping them cigarette like.
Speaker 1: That in the hood. But you know, you're sure to hear nigga, Hey, we frowned, say something like that.
Speaker 5: I tell niggas all the savage and everybody say, what you.
Speaker 1: We just had a thirty two a savage.
Speaker 3: We just want to.
Speaker 5: I came from a different cold man. It's just different. It was just different. Man is like and the niggas is like, like they are they everything. They give me all that shit, nigga everything, nign just fuck me up, give it to me and then I'm a gonna make it, and then I'm gonna make a record off this shit, and you get me and people are influenced, and you just feel me. Younger generation look at us. Old elder says, man, you niggas don't know shit. I used to do the same thing when I was eighteen nineteen. You was thirty or forty. Niggas, you can't tell me shit, you old motherfucker. You don't know nothing. But then, like I said, you transition and you grow up one day and then motherfuckers that's doing that shit, hopefully they make it. They gonna be what we are one day and the motherfucker gonna be like Man, God damn, I used to say something. The stupidest shit I used to be telling niggas to get perked out and fucking lean doubt. And I used to do it. I destroyed the danger youth man without what's coming. Yeah, but you know it's like I said, it's the generation, the generational gap.
Speaker 3: You know. I I want to be a smart motherfucker.
Speaker 5: I want to be a dumb nigga, you feel me, even though I was hood, I want to be a smart nigga. I ain't want to be like a because they all looked at us as dumb niggas. Man, you feel me. We were all dumb niggas and and just to be able to now niggas look at you and you hold a conversation. Niggas look at you like damn motherfucker can speak, and the motherfuckers because they looked at us as dumb niggas to hear. But I didn't want to conform to the stereotype of what people thought niggas should have been coming from where we came from.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: A lot of niggas push that issue right now, like just dumb illiteracy type of motherfuckers like I don't get the decisions and whatever. And it's like niggas is living up to the stereo type of what people say hip hop rappers are supposed to be just dumb and lit. You see niggas is going to jail left and right, and you see niggas is doing shit just like God damn. I would have never done that shit like I would have never because we was taught different.
Speaker 3: We was taught at different code.
Speaker 5: I looked at old g's and the shit that they said, Nigga, you took the heat like nigga, you don't do this shit.
Speaker 3: You don't do this shit.
Speaker 5: You don't act this way, you don't do this shit, even though you hood.
Speaker 3: We just followed different cold.
Speaker 5: These the kids is lost today because a lot of their heroes are the are the rappers, and a lot of them are in different places than we was as youngsters. You give me a lot of youngsters wouldn't let us do dumb shit, man, you feel me. A lot of niggas cared about, you know, the way the hood looked and how it was represented.
Speaker 3: Nigga.
Speaker 5: We wasn't gonna be looked at as the dope head hood. Everybody over here smoked out and on sherm and everybody taking percosets and lead and all you get your ass taken advantage of dead back. Yeh, yeah, you know, it's it's a different time, man.
Speaker 4: One thing that surprised me about the day though, man, as a concern you know battle rap, is that it seemed like it's a lot of niggas into that shit.
Speaker 1: Doog.
Speaker 4: It's way more niggas not dogs. When I saw you, I said, Man, the Crypston'm infiltrated the battle rap.
Speaker 6: World because like, like he said, like it's still it's that pure r form you dig know what I'm saying, It ain't got it like it got its weirdos in this in this goofballs like.
Speaker 1: Moments and shit.
Speaker 6: But for the most part, you know what I'm saying, it's still it's still got that gutta.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, It still got that to it.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Where motherfuckers is still keeping that that that integrity. You know what I'm saying, line like where nigga ain't crossing it. You know what I'm saying, Where it's still some structure involved in it. You know what I'm saying, Like the the the hierarchy or the Jesus who've been doing that shit for a minute and battle rap is still able to They still have some type of you know, they still got culture. It's still culture there, you know what I'm saying. So, like you say, now in hip hop, you cold, you can see the disconnecting the culture.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: You can see the disconnect from somebody that's just coming in the game to having respect for somebody that been in the game for a long time.
Speaker 1: That you know what I'm saying. Because you gotta think the tar's chain.
Speaker 6: They looking at it like, yeah, all right, when you started rapping, yr y'all probably was getting this. But now we coming in, we getting this much money. All I gotta do is do this thing right here. I only like you said, I don't even gotta go to the record label. Man, I can grab my phone, drop this on TikTok and the label come holler at me, ain' said, Because I done got a million views off of a thirty second clip of my song and everybody singing it and doing my dance. Now you know what I'm saying, I ain't. I ain't listening to no nigga, you know what I'm saying. So now it's as to disconnect and battle rap. It's like it's still like, nah, man, it ain't. It's only certain platforms that you're gonna be able to get that on. You know what I'm saying. It ain't. No, you're not gonna be able to just oh man, just today, I'm gonna just do my battle, me and you and we just make some money.
Speaker 1: Like nah, Like, it don't work like that. You know what I'm saying. You ain't gonna be.
Speaker 6: To just go on TikTok battle yourself and just get put on and get put on the battle of me. You know what I'm saying. Like, you know, it don't work like that. You know what I'm saying, Like, you got to really put something in, put some pain in it.
Speaker 4: You get a lot of the niggas come up to you when you're in traffic because you're a regular dude. Yeah, good dudes. When you walking through the Lakewood Mall somewhere, niggas come up in your face and start rapping.
Speaker 6: Now, I don't get no niggas rapping, you know what I'm saying. Thank God, you know what I'm saying, because I ain't trying to even deal.
Speaker 4: With that of your face.
Speaker 6: I usually get a motherfucker that show a nigga I love though you love.
Speaker 3: That Lakewood Lake talking about that Lakewood.
Speaker 6: Mall love that.
Speaker 4: That's what niggas hang out at. I was personally frequent other established. But I know about that. I knew about that.
Speaker 5: My niggas still saying, I personally I frequent others.
Speaker 1: Back in the day. The Lakewood was the one. So't mad at you. It was backing that was the one.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you don't get a lot of niggas.
Speaker 6: I'm probably not trying to rap, but I do get a lot. Like I say from my DMS, just in person, I'm always getting mother fuckers. Like I get a lot of love people that recognize me and you know what's up god d dah. But I probably get a lot of motherfuckers. That's like trying to like get booked on the league or something like, Yo, you know what I'm saying, like he give me a shot, man, I mean let me.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, like, yo, let me hear my battle footage.
Speaker 5: Something it hard to get into? Is it hard to get into and get established?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Hell yeah, I mean, like I think.
Speaker 6: Because it's so many battle rappers now though, like it's that ship, like it's like it probably when it first started, probably, like I said, you could point them out, you knew, like, okay.
Speaker 3: Mon, it first started, it was authentic.
Speaker 6: It was all you know, murder battle, Battle read dollars battle. You probably can name the thirty dudes. Who's getting oversaturated Now it's oversaturated. Man, it's battle.
Speaker 1: It's oversaturated. It's a thousand league.
Speaker 4: They posted somebody is making money doing something that appears easy. Niggas that niggas that have hustles and scamsit at home and say, man, I could do that ship. You see they just gave this nigga a million dollars. Next thing they do that's like.
Speaker 1: It's rappers, it's a million.
Speaker 4: Leads rappers, it's a million podcasts. Now. We were first established this stuff. We was kind of the first people doing what we were doing. The show has changed tremendously since that time. But I've seen a whole bunch of people come and go.
Speaker 6: Because everybody think that like take this for people think like, okay, let me get some camera to gets somebody's sit right here.
Speaker 1: We're finna get money.
Speaker 4: They just think we.
Speaker 6: Do two three episodes. I know some kind of it's sixty thousand in the text somewhere. Then they realize, like, nah, Nigga, you gots the really bigga. This this I don't know what you think Nigga's making on YouTube, but you got to work and work and work and work and work to even see a return on something, to even make something.
Speaker 1: The way you can keep the keep this shit going. A lot of this shit is the money you're putting in.
Speaker 6: Is when people realize that you gotta put your own money in to do that.
Speaker 1: That's when it's going back. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: We want to clarify some things when it comes to podcast, just for the people, like cause I get people ask me all the time, how do you do this and do that? And when you ask them, what they plan is like what's your plan? Well, I want to get a deal somewhere. It's like the music shitting. So this is what I tell them. I get people all the time to try to tell me what my numbers, Oh, that's why your show ain't doing this and that, and it's like I say, okay, reach a million motherfuckers a month, and so I listen to them and I talk to them and I say, what is it that you're trying to accomplish? I want to get a DLA. Okay, what I have to do? I got this camera, that camera, and I tell them, well, first of all, the podcast is really in its purest form, just audio. This is really a reaching that vent of us putting stuff on YouTube and all that stuff, You're reaching a whole different base of people, right, And so I get somebody excited. Hey man, I got a YouTube video that did three hundred thousand views. That's cool. So do a million other people if you can get your audio to a certain place to where you're getting a certain amount of listeners. Because people listening to metrics, there are a lot of things involved. How long somebody is listening to your show, the subscribe as you've got, the frequency of downs, the quality of that subscriber. See YouTube. I'm gonna tell you something about YouTube. The reason a lot of people don't get chests from YouTube is because the people that typically watch YouTube don't spend a lot of money that's not attracted through advertise. They would rather reach a million people dog that's going out to purchase something than two million people who ain't gonna buy shit, right, you know, five hundred million people that ain't go buy shit, So that audience is worth a lot more money, even though it may be in less amounts. I think we maybe got like maybe three hundred thousand subscribers or something like that. I didn't never have to go out and pich the Jameson chronicles nobody. I never sent nobody enoughing. People were calling me. They was calling us from Spotify, this company, from Ben's time, and this company. So I tell people, if you do what you do when you're good at it, somebody go reach out to reach out to you. Same thing that happened with you on your battle ret you was consistent in what she was doing. Did it happened. I never went into anything I made money off of. When I was in music, got made money as an executive. When I wanted to podcast, I made money. But I didn't jump in neither one of those ventures with the plans to make money. I did it because I just want to excel at it and be the best at it. So if you really strive towards perfecting your craft and being dope and some shit, the money is gonna come. I don't think you had to go out and look for a record deal, did you no?
Speaker 5: I basically you know, we started rapping, making demo tapes. Motherfucker heard it and there you go. That's what I'm saying. Man, All you gotta do is like sugar Free say, if you stay ready, you ain't got it wasning overnight, you get.
Speaker 1: It looked like sometimes you know, and sometimes.
Speaker 5: Motherfuckers do you know, you can see a motherfucker in the same position as you, and you'll look up and be like, damn, I've been doing this shit three years. This motherfucker came out three days ago and he where I've been trying to get in three days?
Speaker 3: You getting.
Speaker 5: But sometimes I just tell motherfuckers and I perfect example, I tell my son that ship all the time.
Speaker 3: Some of us.
Speaker 5: Get the ship overnight, but it's some of us who got the grind and work to get that overnight success too. You know me, I said, So, don't take it as any different. If you know, like you going to this school, but then the homie going to this school, you get me. It's grind might be a little smoother, but you still on the same road. You get me. You just got to start from a different place. And sometimes that make you a little more humbler when you got to grind a little harder.
Speaker 6: So that's that's all you feel me, But they don't think it. Sometimes the grind it looked like it be overnight because it's new to them, Like they ain't seeing you.
Speaker 1: But if you've been knowing, you've been working this whole.
Speaker 5: Time, man, please and nigga see you tomorrow. See you went from blue shoes to gray shoes, and be like, oh, nigga, you balling. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. You got the great jors today. Yesterday you had the blue ones on, and now you got the great ones on.
Speaker 3: Nigga, you balled.
Speaker 5: Niggas see perception of that because a lot of niggas don't understand the complications of trying to get to the grind, especially the niggas come from your normal settings or home.
Speaker 3: These up thereas like.
Speaker 4: Spend a lot of your own money, Like when y'all made these demos that y'all have, you gotta spend your money.
Speaker 5: You have to buy tape. We had to buy TDK tapes, you know what I'm saying. We had to go out and buy records and ship the Nicks and do all of that. Look here, and we had seen years old and we had to pay for studio times.
Speaker 4: Shit.
Speaker 5: That shit wasn't free like it was, but it was just it was like and then niggas start like, you niggas as crazy as fuck. Y'all could be buying dope sacks and re upping and ship and you niggas going to the studio.
Speaker 4: Like when I first went the podcasting, the nigga told me, man, you're wasting your time. Don't nobody want to hear no niggas talking and doing all this and that? And I said, man, we go see. We can damn sure find out. And I spent a lot of money. Man. It's like, in order to get the show where it was at, dog, I was already like sixty thousand, Yeah, I was already sixty thousand then, man, because you gotta remember, I put the show together based on three different personalities, and sometimes I had to kick gas money in and there. All kind of shit is studio on top of studio time, you're trying to convince somebody to do some shit. Now you gotta start trying to put some money in their pocket. Yeah you know what I'm saying. So It's like it's a lot.
Speaker 6: That come with this shit. You know what I'm saying, It's a lot munch of stress, man. You know what I'm saying. I've seen some shit like this on Instagram where a nigga be like people be confused like having right because everybody like they got motion, but motherfucker be like having motion and having progress, Like I'm a fucker got emotion, but like motion is just I could be going like this, I ain't going nowhere, but I'm in motion. Nigga gonna be having no progress though, you know what im saying. Niggas ain't going forward, you know what I'm saying. So like he said, to be perception, moen fucker's be's looking at it one way, just thinking of this, but they don't know how much it takes to have progress with this shit, like you say, to have a strong team, like I done went through different co on my podcast. We had people meeting with all that shit, different location. You know, went through all that because motherfuckers don't like I ain't got that. You gotta have people that got that same vision that see it all the way through. Like nigga ain't gonna beat tomorrow, man, it ain't gonna.
Speaker 1: Be the next week.
Speaker 6: But by the time we get there, we're gonna be straight when we get to where we're going, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But you got.
Speaker 6: It's just like today, you got to the days I got we talk about boy my boy. They got a podcast on my on my network. Man, we be dazed. I'll be like, I only feel like coming up here. So you got a network show, studio in network, you know what I'm saying. We got the no studio on podcasts My boy, A D and T Money. They do the standing on business podcasts. You know what I'm saying. They got their own channel as well. But they started off, you know, working on our network just to get their fan base up and get their viewership up. But they got the standing on business podcasts. And then of course I dropped like battles on my network and different stuff like that, you know what I'm saying. So yeah, but that's how we That's the goal of what I'm trying to do with the YouTube channels, to kind of just have different you know, like not just my podcast with somebody else podcast, somebody show, whatever they.
Speaker 1: Want to do, you know what I'm saying. Where it's kind of like, you know, like a network.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: That's where I took Digital Soapbox, like three four years ago. I saw where it was going, and I started hosting, you know, putting clips of other people's shows on the action YouTube chounds. And that went from me because I understood the audio, so I was putting audio out in. At one time, man Digital Soapbox had a roster of like twenty five shows. But what I saw was it became a roster of twenty five people with headaches. I didn't hear it twenty five more headedche because the first thing people would ask, they would hear one show, get an add How come we didn't get no reads. You need to start doing your job and get us some money. And it's like it just became a headache box, like you start letting motherfuckers going. I realized having three good shows, yeah, I would rather have one good show and you just say, okay, we're taking people as they go along and have twenty five headaches.
Speaker 5: Trying to trying to have thirty shows might look good, but then, like I said, you're gonna have the headaches of thirty when you really should just deal with two or three.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying now. So what I did is I condensed all of them shows down to the five shows that were just great. Sure was that really? Like? Yeah?
Speaker 6: And the ones who understood what y'all was doing, understand how to work with Big Court.
Speaker 4: He was down with us. Big Court came to me one day and say, hey, man, Revolte hollered at me, Man, go take that revolt deal. That's what that's what we're here for. That's the purpose of us doing this. All this deal is an incubator. This meant for you to go fly, brother, straight up. If I'm not ever man as man for establishing this independence, man, go do your thing. Anything helped, he asked me. He said, Man, need you to help me with this? And that no problem. Bro, still my boy to this day. That's my dog right then. You know, I'm proud of that. You know, but that's what it should be. And if you don't, because your team is only as good as its weakest link. If everybody around you, man is hanging on your shoulders. What happens when you hit a rough pack? Sw something happened? Dog? Shit do happen? Oh? Yeah, yeah, shit do happen? Dog?
Speaker 3: Everything and the motherfucking ir rest.
Speaker 4: To everyone everything starts. Yeah, yeah, it just happens. Sometimes you need to have you a nigga man that you can hear a man, yeah boy doing bad little reg in.
Speaker 1: The twenty Yeah, yeah, so I can get back to the next If you don't.
Speaker 4: Got cats around you trying to they should be trying to surpass you, but not in the negative when real talk. They should be trying to use you to say, okay, man, you know.
Speaker 1: What be able to get to where I'm at.
Speaker 6: So then if you, like you say, if you fall, I can you know what I mean, give you that olive branch this time to pull you back like that's and that's what this shit really supposed to be a But that's why even this conversation though though you know what I'm saying, because it went from so many different ways, but the ending where it's supposed to end, like you said, man on some like that's what's gangster like man.
Speaker 1: Dudes who come from a certain.
Speaker 6: Background, but now they able to tell these stories and give games. Somebody gonna watch this and don't start a podcast, but don't have the right mindset now because they're gonna be like Damn. Let me not go in that shit thinking straight money. Let me go in that motherfucking thinking about doing something.
Speaker 1: I actually wanted.
Speaker 6: Tom, I gotta stack bricks bricks first. Let me lay that foundation and all that. You know what I'm saying, before I get up and just be thinking I'm gonna be getting millions off of this.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying on the real.
Speaker 4: Before we go, Man, I'm gonna leave everybody out there just listening to us or watching us with some motivation. Yeah, you got three people up here now, man, who all had, you know, exceeded expectations for where they were supposed to be in life. Cause we all had people told us when we was kids we wouldn't go be shipped at one point. You started off where you started the city of Compton. You know, being born into a place like Compton, it's almost like being born with a monkey on your back immediately, because you know, odds are the odds increased if you live in Compton. Chances are you may get shot, Chances are you going to start some cripping, Chances are you gonna start some blood. This man come from the same place you from. I come from a place, man, where we dirt poor. When I came to California. I came out to this motherfucker seventeen years old with fifty dollars in my pocket. My nigga, I just turned seventeen three weeks before, with fifty dollars in my pocket and two pair of pants because they had stole my luggage. When I was I want to go, they stole my luggage. I look closed my mama, just my little teen shirts and shit she.
Speaker 5: Gave because skilled and got off the bus, my nigga, saying I had two pair of pants. Ticket. You called my mom, teell you, Mom said, baby, come on home.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 1: Your ass on the bus and get back off.
Speaker 4: A nigga was so poor we had to piece up the ticket. They used to sell plane tickets in the back of the newspaper back in the day, voltures three hundred dollars. I worked at this little Denny's dog for like all summer to save with them three hundred dollars, right, I bought that ticket, dog, and then I said the ticket with the foxer was the Vegas. We didn't have no internet to go Google, no ship back then, so I actually had to go to the library to figure out how far last Vegas was, so I had to coordinated to where I got. The motherfucking flew into Vegas with my volxuer, caught the fucking bus, had to walk out the long I'm so country. I don't realize the airport bigger than motherfucker. I'm thinking I'm just gonna get off of there and get to walk to a bus somewhere. Now, walked about two miles to go to a fucking bus. Us asking niggas like a weirdo would look at Jamiyah and a like where this nigga from the greyn. I turned my back for a minute to call my mama right, tell her, hey, I'm in Vegas right now, because she said, as soon as you get to where you all call me. So Mom's answered the phone, she crying, oh my baby is out there. I turned my back for a second. My main bag is my shoes, and that motherfucker all get a little bag. I got on my shoulders door that shit gone. This one nigga tell me man, because he just look. I'm just man, I'm a young nigga. I got tears from I'm like, what am I gonna do?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: So luckily I didn't have my motherfucking looked big change I had in there. Dog, I went ahead and got my bus ticket man a Long Beach, California, and ain't looked back, my nigga. I got down the Long Beach bus turned them down there, six miles from Long Beach City College where I'm supposed to be. Dog, I'm so dumb and ain't playing shit right right, So a nigga walked three miles to Long Beach City, right. But when I got there, my nigga, by the time I got there, the sun has start coming out. So I just sat on the stairs of the athletic of the athletic department, and I look, my nigga, I'm a nigga from Ohio, man from the motherfuckering east side of Cleveland. And I look up in the stars. See the palm tree. I say, nigga, I made it. It's some bigga said, I'm here no matter what the fuck.
Speaker 1: Happen, somewhere we wanted to be though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think about man where I'm at right now, my nigga. Sometimes I want to fucking cry and be like, God is fucking good man? Now, straight up, God is good man. I don't made a whole bunch of money. My nigga been placeds I never thought I was seeing. Don't met people, man, And sometimes you got to get smacked around to remember. Shout out to my nigga. Take it. He came out here a couple of months ago and he was just so like, man, my nigga. He just got the fit. He said, my nigga, you do a show with MC eight. My nigga, this nigga your friend, that nigga your friend. You doing this. You're looking at my little crib and shit, shit there you don't. And he's like, nigga, you did it, my nigga, I'm proud of you. This nigga got tears and this.
Speaker 3: I'm like, every everybody's success is what you make it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: You ain't gotta be a billionaire and fly private jets to feel like you've accomplished something. You know, just the fact that you was nigga, I'm finna get up out of East Cleveland, That's what I'm saying me. And just the fact that I'm gonna get up out of here and go somewhere else and just establish a foundation.
Speaker 3: Is that's enough for some niggas. So that's why I say.
Speaker 5: You, you can't look at every other motherfucker's success.
Speaker 3: You gotta make your success your own.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: You gotta be comfortable with where you sit now. If you want more, you gonna go hard and go grind for more. But everybody you know who has come from a difficult motherfucking walk of life or poverty or niggas know what it's like for your parents to be on food stamps or you know, just low income or living in one of them areas. Just to be able to look up and say, damn, you know, I'm able to pay some bills. You know what I'm saying. My kids is cool, you know, and and it ain't got to go through the situations that I had to go through. You know, you can just count that up as being successful right there. You know what I'm saying. I tell them, motherfucker all day. Just for the fact that I got a kid and he ain't got no jail record, ain't got nobody pregnant or no or.
Speaker 3: He don't claim a gang.
Speaker 5: That's a lot that's successful a lot of us as niggas. You feel me, So that's it right there. Everything else is extra. My nigga, being able to motherfucking eat when you want to eat or smoke some good weed or or you know, that's that's all.
Speaker 4: Extra hey, man, So salute to you man for doing the most gangster shit ever. Man, establishing your own change, you know what I'm saying, Man, that's what this whole show is all about. Man, you know you made it my niggas. So any aspiring rappers looking to get on man with your league, what's your suggestion to them for their course action? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Man like yeah, So if you're an upcoming battle rapper and you're looking to try to get your chance to battle on the right, it's a few ways.
Speaker 1: We got an.
Speaker 6: Instagram, uh, the Ryan Rap battles on Instagram. You can d M the Instagram. I don't also run the page a few of us, so somebody gonna ask for at all times you DM. You know, it's a way to go about if it's your first battle ever. You know what I'm saying, it's it's a it's a feed to start up to get your first battle on there, you know what I'm saying. On the platform. But if you got footage and you already been in there, then yeah, you can send the footage in and we we we booked, you know what I'm saying, Like, we got we got small events that we do kind of locally that we do out here in California, and then you know, you good enough, you make your name, you make it to the some of the bigger ones. We got a big event going on in Atlanta at King of Diamond's on a September the third. I'm gonna be battling this chain Coffee Brown. She got a Sam Bernardino. We got rum Nitty going against.
Speaker 4: Jazz the Rapper.
Speaker 6: Got a lot about about four, five, six other battles that's going down, you know, September the third, And a few of the cats who you know who started off with us locally will be on that car too. So this is a big cart that a lot of people are gonna be on. So some of these up and coming dudes will get the chance to be showcased. The same way that I told y'all earlier, I got the battle on pay per view. It's gonna be the same way. It's gonna be long, it's gonna be a pay per view event, be a pay per view event, it's gonna be live tickets on sale already that you can be there. If you in Atlanta September the third King of Diamonds, it's gonna be gonna be lit.
Speaker 1: Man, it's gonna be It's gonna be a var man.
Speaker 4: That's it. Man. We appreciate you man come to sit down with us, because what I said when I gave the opening statements, man you are you are definitely man gonna go down because you're still so young. Man. You got a whole bunch of other shiits you go do. So I don't want to make it sound like you finished yeah, because you still descending right. You definitely man, are looked at as one of the greatest battle rappers of all time. And it's the range of time of what you accomplished that was amazing in itself. It's almost like you just came in and boot boot boop boop and just said, Nigga, I'm I'm gone now, you know what I'm saying. So salute to you and all y'all out there. Man, make sure make sure while you're doing it right now, going to your Spotify or iTunes and download that Lessons Lessons too, Right one and two, Lessons one and two Right Now legendary album Man Got e forty on there and got Premo on it. Man, ship banging, Man. You know what my favorite song is what you go through when they come through. It was like your shir you hell yeah, that shit hard. That shit made me want to fight. That ship is hard for sure. It's official. Y'all know what they do.
Speaker 5: Tune in, man, we got it cracking, you know, Nick episode man, so y'all toned. Now we're about to get up out of here and Gainst the Chronicles official cheer.
Speaker 2: If my notes will girl like Pinocchio, We're gonna tell you the truth and nothing but.
Speaker 1: That is not your.
Speaker 4: Well. That concludes another episode of the Gainst the Chronicles podcast. Be sure to download the iHeart app and subscribe to the Gangst the Chronicles podcast For Apple users, find a purple micae on the front of your screen, subscribe to the show, leave a comment and rating. Executive producers for The Gangster Chronicles podcasts of Norman Steel Aaron M. C a. Tyler. Our visual media director is Brian Wyatt, and the audio editors tell It Hayes. The Gainst Chronicles is a production of iHeart Media Network and the Black Effect Podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeart radio, Visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts wherever you're listening to your podcasts.