Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong.
Speaker 2: And jet Taking and no he I'm strong and Jetty.
Speaker 3: Here are the people of Chicago telling the nation's worst mayor, Brandon Johnson, what they think of being a sanctuary city.
Speaker 2: This what's gonna happen to you.
Speaker 4: You got Cash Ptail and Pam Bundy that you're gonna have to deal with sooner than later. Then it's gonna be an autist. Next it's gonna be an investigation. Then it's gonna be an indictment, phibition. That's what's gonna happen to you, mister, Brandon Johnson. I'm up here.
Speaker 2: The people of Chicago. We're done with you.
Speaker 5: You're so strong about protecting those aliens, but you won't do nothing but a US citizen.
Speaker 1: So that's the Mayor of Chicago getting a tongue lashing from some of his constituents.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Really solidly positioned as America's worst mayor. But Jack, there is a threat in the distance gaining ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Election is today.
Speaker 1: The primary for the Mayor of New York is today. And because it's such a heavily democratic system in this case, I mean, because there have been some Republican mayors, as you may remember Rudy Giuliani back in the day, Michael Bloomberg who was a Republican for a while well, and Rudy was known as America's mayor at the end of his terms because he'd done such a brilliant job.
Speaker 2: But there is no Republican candidate like that.
Speaker 1: So whoever wins the Democratic primary today is going to be the mayor, although it's going to kick into rank choice voting, but it looks like even with the rank choice voting situation, this Zooran Mamdani is going to end up being the mayor and beat out old Cuomo, who is a crook. I mean, it's just a horrible human being. But he's the one that every normal person is hoping ends up being the mayor because of the other choice, the communist Zoran Mendani. Young guy has never done anything in his life except for live off of his parents and bad mouth America. I mean, he's that crowd yeah that is so popular on college campuses. Big fan of Hamas too, I mean really active Humas support, which has got to be part of the reason the tremendous turnout of the young there, along with some of his socialist policies, which will go through some of those right now if elected. He does plan to spend or says he's going to. He doesn't have the ability to do this and the money doesn't exist, but he wants to spend sixty five million dollars on gender affirming care for all trans people, including miners. He promises to investigate New York hospitals who have stopped providing the services to miners, oh my god, and establish an office of LGBTQIA plus Affairs at City Hall to put pressure on these hospitals to continue to provide services to kids.
Speaker 2: This guy is satan. I thought I hated him before, Now I really hate him.
Speaker 1: He's promised to keep the nypdmaciated, underfunded and understaffed and take it further he wants to. He agrees completely with the idea of globalizing the Intifada, and we all know how that has turned out or what that means. But we'll look at a couple of his other signature proposals as he that he has here. He wants to freeze rents, stacking the rent guidelines board with people who agree with his freeze the rent program, which I don't know if you've had the least bit of economics ever ever looked into this ever before the whole rent freeze thing doesn't work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, give me thirty seconds on that before he continue the list. So the Wall Street Journal's talking about this guy, and they begin by quoting this twenty three year old paralegal gal who's desperately looking for an apartment and hoping to find roommates or whatever.
Speaker 2: And it sounds really difficult and expensive.
Speaker 3: And that's one of the main reasons she supports Zoren Mamdani for New York mayor, because this guy is gonna freeze rents and really.
Speaker 1: Stick it to landlords. So she supports them, and I just want to sit her down. Look, you're a paralegal. You're probably reasonably bright, sweetheart. Anybody who conceived of offering rental property is gonna say, wow, they just made it much less attractive.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to do it.
Speaker 3: And you know what I'm gonna I'm gonna take a lot of my rental properties off the market. Do you think that's gonna make your life better or worse?
Speaker 2: Prices send a message.
Speaker 1: High priced rent sends the message we need more rental units.
Speaker 2: We'll pay for rental units. Give us more rental units.
Speaker 1: And the idea that this communist is going to end that signal being sent to the market and that's gonna be good for people is stupid with a capital stupid. He wants to deal with food costs and the prevalence of food deserts, which has been debunked many times over the years, but by creating government run grocery stores. Government run grocery stores in New York, so when.
Speaker 3: People just like steal everything, only one customer out of ten even goes to the checkout line. What's he going to do then, is he going to crack heads or is he going to say they're looting it back?
Speaker 1: Or what he wants to pay for all these different things, the surgeries for miners and cracking down on the schools and all these different things by you guessed that taxing New York's rich millionaires already pay forty one percent of the state's income taxes, and he wants to increase the taxes on that crowd. People have been fleeing New York in the same way that they've been fleeing California. They've been fleeing New York City in the same way they've been fleeing, for instance, in San Francisco Bay Area for the same reasons.
Speaker 3: Did you see Ron DeSantis' tweet about this. He posted one of the headlines about what mom Donnie wants to do, and he said, when you thought Palm State real estate couldn't go any higher or Palm Beach real estate couldn't go any higher, because yeah, a lot of the moguls, a lot of successful people in New York are like, all right.
Speaker 2: That's it, I'm heading to Florida.
Speaker 1: A couple of grocery magnates have said they will leave the state or the city if he is elected. Mamdani has walked back his support for defunding the police, the most toxic political phrase anybody's ever invented. It's hard to believe anybody would still say it, and he was still saying it up until a couple of days ago, which he once called a feminist issue.
Speaker 2: For some reason, somebody got to help me.
Speaker 1: But according to the New York Posts, he's still the only candidate who won't commit to hiring more NYPD officers, even as the forces well below normal numbers. There's this unhealthy fixation on the state of Israel, says The New York Post, which has been with him since he helped found Butwyn College Students for Justice in Palestine chapter when he was a student, which is the last time he really did anything. And he has refused to denounce the globalize the Intifada as a chanting phrase even after the murders in a variety of places around the country. This guy is a complete socialist, Marxist, communist nut job, and it looks like he's going to win, as the turnout already in New York today is very high and.
Speaker 2: It seems to be driven by the youth.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like an AOC style result that's about to happen. Wow Wow, although he's way further down the road of socialist craziness than AOC.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean her being a waitress bartenders like grounded her in the real world way way beyond this character a Trustafarian radical activist his entire life.
Speaker 1: Government run grocery stores, government decides rents. You're going to investigate hospitals who stop doing surgeries to change the gender using my finger.
Speaker 2: Quotes of children. Right, that's a heck of a thing to run on, and that's going to be the winning candidate. It looks like in New York.
Speaker 3: Wait, and I just scanned the rest of the journal article about the housing situation, and they quote a handful of young professionals. This person's an artist, so please. But here's a software engineer twenty six years old, CouchSurfing because the apartments that he really wants just they're snapped up off the market in seconds.
Speaker 2: There's an undersupply.
Speaker 1: So what we need to do is have the government crack down on landlords and freeze the rents. What are we teaching he asks, knowing full well the answer in our schools. How do these people, these young professionals, not have the most basic grasp of the way.
Speaker 2: Markets actually work.
Speaker 3: You know what, I had a pretty damn good public school education, and I was really fuzzy on that stuff. On why rent controls are a terrible idea. They're an awful idea. They punish the very people they claim to help, except for a very small subset of them that get lucky.
Speaker 2: But why don't American kids know this?
Speaker 3: Because they're busy learning about the genderbread person and how you can have your healthy genitals lopped off if you momentarily decide you're the other sex.
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 1: I don't remember when I read you know, pieces about rent control and why it doesn't work, But it wasn't I didn't learn it in school.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, if you want to argue, I guess because schools are run by lefties and it's always a lefty proposal, so they're not going to teach you in school that rent control doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Right, right.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say, if you wanted to argue about so called supply side economics, and there are some arguments, well it's slow, or it's indirect, or the rich design tax policy, so the so called trickle down, which is a terrible term invented by lefties. It doesn't happen well enough, it doesn't happen in fast. We could get into an argument about supply side economics. My side is right, definitely, But you're not out of your mind.
Speaker 1: If you're arguing in favor of rent control, you're a mad man.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it makes no sense.
Speaker 1: I mean, just why don't any of these people ever picture themselves as if they owned a rental house? What would you do if the city decided you don't get to charge as much rent as you want, or the prevailing you would decide, well, I'm gonna sell the place. Then I guess I'll sell it because housing prices are high and there's a lot of value in this place, so I'm going to sell it as opposed to rent it. Or if you were considering buying some places to rent out, you wouldn't if you don't want to.
Speaker 2: Control your rent.
Speaker 3: And they mentioned that not only would a rent freeze discourage new investment, but it discourages spending on maintaining existing units.
Speaker 1: Oh obviously I'd never even thought about that, but of course it would, because you have the supply artificially constricted, and so everybody's so desperate you don't have to.
Speaker 3: Yeah there's cockroaches, Fine, organize them into a cockroach.
Speaker 2: Circus or move on. I don't care. There are people lined up on their deep to rent this place. Screw you. Yeah, the paints, peel and paint it yourself.
Speaker 1: Cornell professor Russell Weaver, who teaches courses in Equitable Community Change. Oh, you're sending your kid to college to take a course called Equitable Community Change calls tenants down our colleges to the studs. Yes, calls tenants the sleeping job in future elections, and how this is going to be the issue that gets Zoran over the line. There are I think six candidates still left. They started with eight on the Democratic side. Three of them were running on freezing rents, but the other two didn't get any traction.
Speaker 2: This guy is going to be the one that wins.
Speaker 3: You know, this is a harsh sentence even without using the word. But the President used this word today. We ought to replay that you've heard. We got suggest that somebody should go f themselves. Renters are about to mercilessly they are about to absolutely screw themselves in New York.
Speaker 1: H Yeah, it'll be interesting to watch. The New York Post gives a bunch of examples of cities across the country where they've tried it and it didn't work. For instance, Colorado state law now forbids any sort of rent control in any city because they try various places and it didn't work in Colorado.
Speaker 2: Ain't exactly, Oklaholma, no, no, it is not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the President dropped an F bomb appropriately, I think today, Among other things about the ceasefire, which we haven't talked about for a little bit.
Speaker 2: Lots of stuff on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 6: There's a healthy dose of skepticism because the Iranians don't have a great track record of meeting.
Speaker 1: Whatever they talk about, either publicly or privately.
Speaker 2: Is that fair, that's more than fair.
Speaker 5: And in fact, in recent hours, Iran's parliament has withdrawn or approval.
Speaker 2: To work with the IEA.
Speaker 5: They've talked about pulling out from the on Proliferation Treaty. Iran remains aggressive within the within the region Iran government. Iran's government is aiming to survive at a time when it's air defenses or in essence so weak that Israel or the United States can own any building in the country, let alone the sky. So in essence, it's looking to survive and to stabilize itself.
Speaker 2: But we'll how the next few days playoffs. So Trump and.
Speaker 3: Norm Rule, who's a long time diplomat dealing with Iran, pointing out that they're in survival mode right now. So they'll promise anything, they will commit to anything, but they don't mean it.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: So Trump announces, like middle of the day yesterday, there's been a ceasefire. Iran and Israel have agreed. Then both Iran and Israel some spokespeople came out and said, no, we haven't. And then by the end of the day both Iran and Israel had spokespeople that said we did agree to ceasefire. But then they kept lobbing stuff at each other, like overnight and into the morning and that sort of thing. Anyway, so Trump was asked questions about all this by reporters.
Speaker 2: We'll start here.
Speaker 6: They got a true print from I mean, Iran will never rebuild it from there, absolutely not. That place is under rock. That place is demolished. The quo pilots did their job. They did it better than anybody could even imagine. They hit late in the evening, there was dark with no moon, and they hit that target with every one of those things. And that place is gone. But when I see CNN all night long, they're trying to say, well, maybe it wasn't really as demolished as we thought.
Speaker 2: There was demolished, and.
Speaker 6: You take a look at the pinpricks and you see that place is gone.
Speaker 1: So that's to the fact that you know what's Israel rang got the fight for.
Speaker 2: At this point, they've lost their nuclear.
Speaker 1: Program or at least the facilities where they're riching uranium, we think. But then to the ceasefire or is each side committed to the ceasefire? And Trump was asked about that.
Speaker 2: In Israel.
Speaker 6: As soon as we made the deal, they came out and they dropped the load of bobs, the likes of which I've never seen before, the biggest load that we've seen. I'm not happy with Israel. You know, when I say, okay, now you have twelve hours, you don't go out in the first hour. It just drop everything you have on them. So I'm not happy with them. I'm not happy with Iron either. But I'm really unhappy if Israel's going out this morning because the one rocket that didn't land, that was shot perhaps by mistake, that didn't land, I'm not happy about that. What we basically have two countries that have been fighting so long and so hard that they don't know what the fuck they're doing. Do you understand that.
Speaker 3: I don't get why one of his advisors doesn't say to him, no, Israel going out and like going hard and hot and hard at it at the beginning of that twelve hours is precisely.
Speaker 2: What you'd expect them to do.
Speaker 3: They have a mission to accomplish, they have agreed to an artificial end to it, so they're gonna.
Speaker 2: Get it done. Get how he doesn't get that? So where are we right now?
Speaker 1: Wondering if the ceasefire will home the usual ceasefire situation.
Speaker 2: A shaky ceasefire seems to be holding.
Speaker 1: Jim man Iran has no cards. Their defenseless. I can't imagine what they'd get out of continuing to fight. I hate do gooders. We'll explain that coming.
Speaker 7: Up Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: More than sixteen billion passwords for Google, Apple, Facebook and other platforms have been leaked in one.
Speaker 2: Of the largest acts of all time. Oh, it's pretty scary. Now everyone knows your Facebook password, but you where's it again? Password? Once? You see?
Speaker 1: Like it seems like like once daily I end up at a website that I haven't used in forever and it needs the password, and I gotta go to whatever to try to figure out what my password is. Just like, I keep thinking that we're going to get past this moment and it will be something old people talk about years from now. You used to have to have passwords for each site and memorize them, or write them down, or have a nap that kept them or whatever. That that's gonna go away and they'll use our eyes or our thumb prints.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the use.
Speaker 3: But in the always vexing, when you're in the middle of rushing through something, noticed that this password has appeared on a list of hacked.
Speaker 2: You know whatever the hell? Would you like to change it now? No? I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: No, No, I just assume all kinds of Russian mobsters. I have my passwords. I just want to get into this. I would opt probably for a no password on most sites. I don't care if you can get into my DMV information. How about how about you let me in it with no password whenever I want to get in.
Speaker 2: Oh, you fool, You'll be hacked. And then what hacked into my DMV information? All right?
Speaker 3: Are your nord some rack account? What if the Chinese knew what size pants you owned?
Speaker 2: Then what? We got? A couple of texts.
Speaker 1: One an economics professor at high school, said he taught uh why rent control didn't work and stuff like that, but he has a feeling all the students remembered was whatever TikTok video they were looking at well, it was we got another text.
Speaker 2: Why are you guys talking about New York.
Speaker 1: You don't think it's interesting that the biggest city in America, maybe the most important city in the world, is about to elect a communist as a mayor.
Speaker 3: I find that pretty interesting. They never text again. They came into that. Yeah, never text again.
Speaker 2: Never text again.
Speaker 1: So I got started on this jag because it's happening at a local skateboard park, and it reminded me of something that happened to me years ago in LA And I wanted to tell this story again because it drives me nuts. It's a great example of the conflict of visions that Thomas Sowell talks about between conservatives and progressives and just different ways of seeing the world and stuff like that, where I can't get in the mind. I can't even understand the point of view of the people I'm about to talk about, and they can't understand my point of view. So we got a local story here in Fulsome, California, that's right, that Fulsome. I heard the training come and coming around the and I shot a guy just for fune whatever. That whole thing Fulesome skateboard Park where for a couple of reasons. They're talking about doing away with the attendants at the skateboard park. The attendant's job is to, it says, stop graffiti from happening, break up fights, and to make sure skateboarders have helmets and pads on wouldn't they skateboard? The city is saying they don't have enough money for the attendant. A whole bunch of skateboarders showed up to various meetings and said, nobody goes because nobody's gonna wear.
Speaker 2: All those paths. So what's the point.
Speaker 1: I just saw a video up on the TV and it showed one kid in this giant, glorious looking skateboard park, one kid skateboarding, and it said on there it said they've had five hundred and eighty people a month on average during summertime. That's nobody's I did the math, it's nineteen a day or something like that. That's nobody. You should have two hundred kids a day there. I've had This experience drives me nuts. When I went to Los Angeles, my son was super into skateboarding. One time we went we went to LA just to do like a tour of skateboard parks. He'd never been to different ones, and I thought, in LA's probably got a lot of great skateboard parks. We'd been to the one on Venice Beach, and check that out. As we traveled around, almost every skateboard park we went to, which was empty on a beautiful day eighty degree like it always isn't a la eighty degrees, slight breeze, beautiful sunshine, empty skateboard park in the summertime, but an attendant there saying, I'm sorry, you can't skate here because you don't have the pads.
Speaker 2: Because we didn't bring pads.
Speaker 1: I always had him more a helmet, but he didn't have elbow pads and knee pads and all that sort of stuff. She couldn't skateboard there. And the first one it was like annoying. The second one it was like annoying times five. By the third one, actually, I found a skateboard park that was packed full of people's skateboarding because they didn't have an attendant.
Speaker 2: Got to skateboard for a while.
Speaker 1: Tried a different skateboard park, also empty, with a person there with a clipboard attending it. And that's when I started getting angry and lecturing people and saying, yes, do you realize there's a skateboard park like a mile from here that's packed full of people's skateboarding, kids baking. You have nobody here, So what are you accomplishing? Why did you build a skateboard park. It's empty on a gorgeous date, nobody's using it.
Speaker 2: Well, we need to make sure kids are safe.
Speaker 1: No, well, first of all, you don't, but you might as well not have a skateboard park.
Speaker 2: Either have one or don't.
Speaker 1: But you're not stopping kids from wrecking on their skateboard because they're not skateboarding, or they're traveling further away to go to some place where they don't have to wear pads. And every I said this at several skateboard parks, and all they did was look at me like I'm an angry lunatic, partially because I was an angry lunatic.
Speaker 2: But I like, I can't get in the headspace.
Speaker 1: Of anybody who could be an attendant, or the parents who think that's a good idea. Better to have an empty skateboard park then to let our kids skin their knees or elbows.
Speaker 3: The paternalism probably a poor choice of words.
Speaker 2: Since some of these people are literally fathers.
Speaker 3: But the condescension, the nannyism of it is disgusting to me. The idea that kids, all of a sudden, for the first time in human history, can't, within reasonable bounds, assess their own risk tolerance and their own willingness to endure the negative consequences of overdoing it. I mean, for the first time in human history, kids must be protected from banging up their elbows and knees. I do not get someone coming to that conclusion and being so pleased with themselves.
Speaker 2: I'm horrified by it.
Speaker 3: I'm disgusted by it literally because I see what it's doing the generation of kids, generations of kids. Why do kids have so much anxiety Because they haven't been a lot in general, because they haven't been allowed to develop a sense of risk tolerance throughout their lives and confidence that.
Speaker 2: They know what they're doing. They're veiled caves.
Speaker 1: That's indisputable. It's been documented. As we've talked about before. Europe has figured out that they're doing away with like the super safe parks and stuff like that. They're moving toward kids doing more dangerous stuff, banging their heads and elbows and stuff. More often because it's good for you for all kinds of different emotional reasons. But I also wonder just what it does to children. I know with my kids, part of it, what it does to children to see all these stupid, freaking they don't make any sense laws. I know it's made my kids less respect respectful of all laws.
Speaker 2: Is what it's done.
Speaker 1: And of course it would, because when you're confronted with stupid ones, it makes you think everybody who makes laws is stupid. So why would I pay attention to this one? Because that one's obviously dumb.
Speaker 3: If Thomas Jefferson were here, he might say, fir of all, what are those metal things flying through the sky? But he would also say, this reminds me of that discussion you guys had about rent controls like twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 2: This is the same thing.
Speaker 1: You have a market of faith or respect for the law, and your sons have seen more and more stupid, useless, paternalistic laws, their faith in the laws declining. They will behave politically in a way that ends.
Speaker 3: That as soon as they can, if indeed you can fight the nanty state, and they will be beaten back by your son's disgust with a paternalism.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: A woman who is super nice and very helpful to me and just like the nicest person in the world, have been very helpful to me in all kinds of different ways of my life. But she told me the story, and I kept my mouth shut about how when the skateboard park in my town opened up, how she and another mom they would go there on the weekends and set up and monitor to make sure all the kids were wearing the prop her pads and helmets and everything like that. And she said she kept it up for a summer or two, but they just couldn't keep up the schedule.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 2: I just like, what were you a kid? Ever? Once?
Speaker 1: And maybe a few girls didn't. Did you notice the boys did bang their knees and have bloody of have scabs on their elbows and knees constantly as a child, And did you think that that was just awful like Auschwitz or something like that, that they were having scabs on their knees.
Speaker 2: It's like the most normal thing.
Speaker 1: In the world for a ten year old boy to have a scab on his knee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't hold back.
Speaker 3: I generally say something in situations like that, it's probably why I have very few friends.
Speaker 1: But yeah, well I can't stop short of you're a psycho, because I think you are.
Speaker 2: I think you see that's your problem.
Speaker 1: How do you not look around an empty skateboard park and think, well, this is somehow self defeating. If we have nobody using the skateboard park, I'm not sure what we're doing here, right exactly?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, yeah, yeah. You gotta develop going from emotional gear one to five. You gotta be able to settle into two and three there and make the argument. You know, I respectfully disagree. I think kids need to take risks and get banged up and learn that it won't kill them, and decide how risky they want to live their lives.
Speaker 1: I think it's great that kids get banged up. Were you not a kid once? Do you think kids are built differently now? Are? They're like bones made of glass now and they didn't used to be? Every What is your thought process?
Speaker 2: I just it makes me insane, that sort of thing.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: My alternative to safety first, plus the greatest quote ever on this topic from the great C. S.
Speaker 2: Lewis.
Speaker 3: After a quick word from our friends at Trust and Will, if you don't have a will and or trust. It could well be that your kids, your loved ones, and your heirs will fight it out and hate each other and spend all their money on lawyers. That is a terrible thing to do too with them. Get in contact with our friends at Trust and Will.
Speaker 1: So it's a website you go to and it walks you through the whole thing and you start filling in information. I'm sure you start with name and address, but then you get accounts and all that sort of thing. Live customer support through chat, phone or email at any point if you get any, indeed troubles. But the step by step process guides you from start to finish. You could get this done a lot faster than you think and less expensively.
Speaker 3: To create and manage your customer state plans starting at one hundred and ninety nine dollars, Secure your.
Speaker 2: Assets, protect your loved ones.
Speaker 3: We Trust and Will get twenty percent off your estate plan documents by visiting Trust and Will dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 2: It's state by state too custom for you.
Speaker 3: That's Trust and Will dot com slash armstrong. Trust and Will dot com slash armstrong. I wonder why I can't let go of this stuff as well as I can. Like I've had some unfortunate breaks in my life that I've been able to mostly let go of much better than I can let go of this sort of thing.
Speaker 2: We're driving around a skateboard parks.
Speaker 1: Finally, I was just getting Sam had been looking forward to the skateboard park so much. It was our vacation. We were there and we couldn't go anywhere. So I finally found I had to go to like two stores. Finally found a bike store where they sold knee pads and elbow pads stuff like that, just so we could go skateboard. We went to one and they said they weren't the right kind of elbow pads. And I don't think I've ever been angrier.
Speaker 2: In my life. And I just couldn't let it go. It was like my head was gonna pop off.
Speaker 1: I hate that feeling where I just it's a cognitive dissonance I just can't make. I couldn't make the empty skate park, skateboard park, beautiful day. There's nothing wrong with this, It doesn't hurt anything to bang your knee all fit into my head.
Speaker 2: It just was making me crazy, right right.
Speaker 3: There is absolutely a vein of especially you know, it clicked in my head when you got to that example of oh yeah, he's got elbow pads, but they're not the right cod right. That that is absolutely the intoxication of power aiding what I was going to talk about here, just the great C. S. Lewis quote, which we've used many times on the show. But of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim maybe the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omniptent, moral, busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity or greed may at some point be satiated. But those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
Speaker 2: So true.
Speaker 3: I want to popular popularize the saying, maybe we got to get T shirts going safety third.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And people.
Speaker 1: Would ask, what, wait, wait, isn't the expression safety first and the safety Maybe the back of the safety third T shirt would have one courage, two curiosity three safety, safety third. Right, I'll bet I'm not talking about handing your four year old of forty five.
Speaker 2: Letting them squeeze off a couple of shots.
Speaker 1: We're talking about kids riding their bike at a park and playing ball. I'm sure the one woman still tells stories about the bald lunatic.
Speaker 2: Okay, if I remember walking away.
Speaker 1: Have fun monitoring your empty skateboard park.
Speaker 2: You're doing a lot of good for the world. I was so mad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she cannot conceive of what you were trying to communicate.
Speaker 1: Now she thinks, thank god, if I hadn't been here, that lunatic would have let his kids skateboard without knee pads.
Speaker 2: Think of the horrors. How many people would have died.
Speaker 3: It's a stereotype, and it's oversimplified because there are many tough, smart, great women who have helped make America great. But we have gone from maybe too much of a daddy society to too much of a mommy.
Speaker 2: So without a doubt, Oh, we.
Speaker 3: Are clutching our children to our aprons and not letting them risk a single thing.
Speaker 2: Good Lord.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll check in on the sea spy. We got a bunch of other stuff coming up.
Speaker 8: Some disturbing news out of France where one hundred and forty five people were jabbed with needles during a music festival held a cross multiple cities this weekend. Police are now investigating whether the incidents were inspired by online posts encouraging people to target women with syringes. Authorities say twelve arrests have been made so far.
Speaker 3: What holy crap, I'm looking at the written version of the story. I mean, come on, everybody has the same reaction, right, syringes, full of what and by whom?
Speaker 2: For what purpose? Well? And they have maybe one suspect.
Speaker 3: Oh a dozen suspects have been nabbed by the French authorities, but there's no.
Speaker 2: Word on the what and why.
Speaker 1: I almost hope that it's some sort of organized group and not that TikTok challenges have this sort of power.
Speaker 2: Oh you think it could be that? Do you know anything about this?
Speaker 7: So there there was speculation, and this isn't like reported or anything.
Speaker 2: This was just speculation.
Speaker 7: I saw on one of the articles video went viral a few months ago of this woman in Turkey and she's in her full Muslim garb, and she's next to a woman who is not of the Muslim faith, and she's wearing the girls like just wearing a tank top or whatever, and the Muslim woman has a little needle in her purse and she pricks the girl's skin as like a symbol of like I shouldn't be able to see that. And so there was some speculation that that might have been something along the lines like there's all these women showing all of this skin at these music festivals and it's.
Speaker 2: Not hmm per speculm.
Speaker 1: Now that is the sort of problem they've been having a lot of in France and a number of places in Europe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a well, nearly one hundred and fifty concert growers, many of them teenage girls were jabbed with syringes.
Speaker 1: Now, you know, just making an observation. I guess if it did turn out to be young men. Man mark Stein wrote about this all the time in his book America Alone Geez twenty years ago or whatever. How news outlets always go to with youths or young men and don't make it clear what's going on there. If these were young Muslim men, the media would downplay that they always do. I don't know if it is.
Speaker 2: In this case. It might not be at all. It might be all any other brand of lunatic.
Speaker 3: But the Interior Ministry said one hundred and forty five victims across the nation reported being stabbed with needles, with Paris officials probing thirteen cases in the capitol.
Speaker 2: What a weird story.
Speaker 7: But to go with what Joe said, I went through so many versions of this story and not one suspect description anywhere.
Speaker 1: Hey, it happens all the time story out of the Europe where there's a riot or a beating or whatever with and you try to get the details on that, you might have to go to your fifteenth news source before you find out all it was an Islam thing.
Speaker 3: H Yeah, I mean we should have done the story once an hour for a week that I did last week about Elon Musk calling out the British government for actively suppressing knowledge of the grooming gangs and how they were heavily Asian, more specifically Pakistani, and how the government had denied it and local police were desperate to not say that and the press actively suppressed it. But Keir Starmer, the lefty PM just got done with an audit that said, yeah, it's undeniably true that the bulk of these cases are Pakistani grooming gangs that are causing the exploitation, rape and sexual trafficking of these young English girls, primarily poorer girls.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there is a culture in Europe of just.
Speaker 3: Don't say anything, don't say the M word or the I word.
Speaker 2: We don't we don't want more trouble.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope more information emerges on this whole needle stabbing story. God, that is disturbing. If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on the name Armstrong and