Speaker 1: Baseball season is around the corner, and we will be giving out our favorite futures picks on the Just Baseball Show in the lead up to opening Day. To go along with that, betmgm as a brand new offer for our listeners, use code just Baseball and place your first betmgm sportsbook wager through the betmgm Sportsbook app of at least five dollars, and you will receive one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in additional winnings, regardless of your wager's outcome. How to get this offer. Step one, download the betmgmsports app on iOS or Android or visitbetmgm dot com. Step two, sign up and deposit at least five dollars into your newly created account. Step three, place a wager in the amount of at least five dollars at standard odds price. Step four. Once you have placed a bet, you will receive one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets regardless of the outcome of your wager. Gambling problem call one eight hundred gambler, call eight seven to seven dash eight dash hope end why or text hope end why to four six seven three sixty nine in New York and call one eight hundred three to two seven five zero five zero in Massachusetts twenty one plus only. Please gamble responsibly call one eight hundred next step in Arizona, one eight hundred bets off in Iowa, and one eight hundred nine to eight one zero zero two to three in Puerto Rico. First bet offer for new customers only, subject to eligibility requirements. Rewards are non withdrawable bonus bets that expire in seven days in partnership with Kansas Crossing Casino and Hotel. See beetmgm dot com for terms. US promotional offers not available in DC, Mississippi, New York, Nevada, Ontario, or Puerto Rico. Don't forget if you haven't signed up for BETMGM yet, Use code just Baseball and get one hundred and fifty dollars when you bet at least five dollars on your first wager.
Speaker 2: He times the stage, Lake Crackers, Brady, and we will see you, Tom Tons the Garner and God Welcome and Lambing hangout. Opening day is in the books, and Peter, I have an issue, but I have my solution to the pirates went to extra innings they played twelve. The Cubs went to extra innings, they lost. The White Sox lost one nothing. So all three teams that I really like identify with a very stressful days. So I said hello to my old friend Evan Williams. What do you got going on right now? I'm drinking water. I don't need any liquid courage.
Speaker 1: My Yankees and one Soto were giving me so much hype right now.
Speaker 2: What a game? What a game? I love you, One Sodo, All right, I'll relax, I'll relax.
Speaker 1: But I mean I I was smiling as I mean, I wasn't smiling at the beginning. But as the game went along and won, Zota did One Soda things. I just thank the good Lord. Wad Soda is a Yankee.
Speaker 2: Dude, I mean Juan Soda with an outfield assist. Like the world is crumbling to the ground right now. Nester Cortes look really shaky. But from ber Valdez did Frober walk six. We're gonna walk through every game, That's what we're gonna do. We're gonna go through game by game as an opening Day recap. It's eleven oh eight pm on Thursday. This is the only time this season that I'm gonna record this late until we get the postseason, So just know that I'm looking out for you, whoever's listening. But Peter tell us who We're brought.
Speaker 1: To you by, brought to you by bet MGM, the King of sports books. Remember when you download on iOS or Android the bet MGM app, use code just Baseball, and after you depy, they will offer you a first bet offer up to fifteen hundred dollars once you use the code absolute no brainer. Do not leave free money on the table, but remember terms and conditions apply. Must be twenty one or older. Gambling problem call or text one to eight hundred gambler. Can we skip all the rest of the games and just talk Yankees for like forty five minutes?
Speaker 2: Or no, No, we cannot. I want to talk about all thirteen games. I want to talk about the nine games that happened this afternoon. I want to talk about all thirteen games that happen on Thursday, and then, like we did draft the two games that were postponed until Friday, that was Mets Brewers and Braves Phillies. But we'll kind of preview those games at the tail end. I do want to start with the first game that was kind of a loan in the window. It was the first domestic game at three o'clock. Also, really bad scheduling by Major League Baseball having the first game of the year not start until three o'clock. It was my one o'clock first pitch.
Speaker 1: Not their fault. Brewers versus Mets got postponed. That was supposed to be the one o'clock Was it at one o'clock? Okay, can't blame I can't blame them, but I agree with you. I was sitting there at one pm. I even tweeted it out that I'm just pacing through my apartment waiting for action. I need my opening day one pm game. And the fact that it got rained out, I felt like it was pursting the season a little bit. But thankfully we had a great opening day. It was a great opening day. What I will also say, you know I'm a big college basketball guy.
Speaker 2: Yes you are. I got a text that Clemson was beating Arizona at halftime, and my literal response was, oh shit, I forgot college basketball was on. I forgot about the Sweet sixteen because I was so enveloped in Opening Day. And is that more of a testament to Opening Day or is that more of an indictment on college basketball this year. I think it's a nice hybrid of both. I think it's a good in Medley. Having said that, I'm going to give all the credit to Opening Day. This delivered, And I want to start with Angels Orioles in Baltimore because the vibe at Camden Yards was immaculate. And you've got Mike Trout taking Corbyn Burns deep in the first inning, and then Corbyn Burns retires sixteen in a row and punches out eleven in six innings of one hit ball, Corbyn Burns, I'll tee you up in a moment, but before we get to that, this O's offense. Baltimore won this game eleven to three. I texted our big Just Baseball group text. I was like, yes, Like this lineup is the deepest in baseball because of the personnel, but it's also exhausting, Like they are so far and away gonna lead the league in pitches per plate appearance one through nine. This Orioles team is never gonna lay down. I feel like we won't see an uncompetitive at bat for one sixty two.
Speaker 1: And Adley Rutschman just continues his opening day dominance. I know he went two for two in his first two hits, and that means he was seven for seven in his last few opening days.
Speaker 2: He's only two because he came up mid season in twenty one or in twenty two, So opening day twenty twenty three and opening Day twenty four his career on opening day, he's what he's He started seven for seven.
Speaker 1: But I like how you mentioned pitches. Her played appearance that this team is going to see a lot of pitches, because you're one hundred percent right. You would expect a young team like the Orioles, with a lot of young guns trying to make their name in the show it's opening day, to be super aggressive to get out of their approach. Nope, it looked like a bunch of veterans who have been there for ten years. And what was kind of the Orioles problem in the playoffs, right, it looked like the lights were a little bit too bright.
Speaker 2: When they went up against Texas.
Speaker 1: Now we understand the Texas Rangers won the World Series, so it's not a bad loss to lose to them, but it did seem like a couple of players on the Orioles just looked their age. They certainly did not look their age. Mike Trout Homer's in the first inning, was any Orioles fan worried? And then instantly it was a waterfall of runs. They are dangerous, They're overwhelming. And when we were doing our win total bets, right Jack, we thought to ourselves, I mean, the Yankees had a great game, and I'm excited about them, But how can the Orioles not be the favorites in the American League and at least in the AL East.
Speaker 2: No, I think they have to be the favorites in the American League East. I do think that Houston should be considered as the co favorite in the American League just because of the pitching depth.
Speaker 1: I know that the Yankees beat them, so like now it's it's really Yankees versus Orioles. And when you consider that, you know the Yankees have won Soto, maybe it is the Yankees.
Speaker 2: You're right, I have no rebuttal that was awesome. Perfect. How about Corbyn Burns a bottom dude?
Speaker 1: Okay, we saw one quick joke. Quick do you remember? So Arum picked Corbyn Burns as his cy young pick and Corbyn Burns gives up a home run to Mike Traup and I texted the group chat, Hey nice cy young pick arm. Look at what he's doing. He didn't give up a hit after that. I looked like a total dunce and I was more just making fun of Arham, but he was just surgical. But at the same time, it's like the Angels lineup, you know, did them all the favors in the world. But he was still on and he looked like vintage Corbyn Burns. Think about it, Orioles fans, you're kind of now used to this offense? Are you used to a guy an opening day shove in six innings, one hit, one earned eleven k's down the Angel's throat. The only problem with the Angels is there pitching. It's not the offense that's a major issue. And Corbyn Burns shut it down.
Speaker 2: It was sick. So the curveball is not new to Corbyn Burns' arsenal at all. It is his second most used pitch. He throws it fifteen to twenty percent of the time over the course of you know, each of the last three seasons. If I'm going back to twenty twenty one, twenty one, he was eighteen percent of the time, eighteen percent of the time in twenty two, seventeen percent of the time in twenty three. That curveball felt almost remastered in Start one, and we saw Corbyn kind of roll out of the gate slow last year with Milwaukee, and maybe he was just frustrated, but like, remember that opening day start last year was not great, and the first month or so of Corbyn Burns was not great, and then he settled in and it was Corbyn Burns again. But man, like this felt like an invigorated Corbyn Burns. And yeah, you see it with the cutter, surely, but I really saw it with the curveball, and I saw it like how he kind of tinkered with it. And I was listening to the radio broadcast for a little bit for the Orioles and they were talking about how he really is hunting with with that curveball. Now, I mean, we saw it, and we saw him locking dudes up. It was the curveball that stole the show. When it feels like any other time we talk about Corbyn Burns, it's that cutter at ninety nine, doted on the corner and we love it and there's nothing anybody can do about it, that bender man. If Burns is right, if Bradish is back in early May, I hope he's back early May, and you get the best version of g Rod, or at least the version of g Rod that is improved from last year. I mean, that's a front three that I think can contend with really any team in baseball. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm not even gonna add anything more to the Corbyn Burns part because it's like one of those games where Steph Curry shoots sixteen and it's like, yeah, he's real good at shooting. Yeah, It's like, how much better do I have to talk to you about how good Corbin Burns is? He was, I mean, he was vintage one of the best pitchers in Major League Baseball. On Opening Day at home, Birdland is out there spurt and water for their guys. They don't have to do shit for the other team because they weren't scoring. One more point that I wanted to bring up about this game. Were you listening to the Orioles broadcast when you were watching the game, or you listen to Angels Orioles. Did you hear the interview with their new owner David Rubinstein.
Speaker 2: I did not, but I saw Kevin Brown tweet that he loved their conversation at the second inning.
Speaker 1: It was if I was a fan of the Orioles after everything that they've been through. To hear this man talk about what he wants to do. Ugh, I wished I was an Orioles fan during that entire statement, because you know when like Hedge fund guys come in or any owner and they want to take a big role in the team. Maybe it was their dream as a little kid and they want to pull a Jerry Jones where they're part GM part owner. No, he said, I have Michael Ias. I'm gonna let him do whatever he wants. And as an Orioles fan, knowing that Michael Oas is fantastic in the margins but hasn't had the ammo to go make the big move, and now these guys are coming in and they're like, well, we can help sell season tickets, we can help you know with charities, but like we're just trying to make the Orioles a better team financially to help Michael Lias continue to grow this team. He made some jokes about the Magna Carta. He asked if there was a mercy rule in the second inning. I love David Rubenstein. I just came away from that big like I wish you were my owner.
Speaker 2: So you're kind of done with the Steinbrenners. Huh. You know, you know we want to know, we're want to know you are. So I am going to go back and listen to that second ending conversation because everything that I've read, I really love the vibe and that just sounds like somebody that I would immediately latch onto. And you think about the people that are trying to replicate the Jerry Jones template. It never works. But the people that find their own way to be involved with the team and still trust their lead decision makers on the baseball front are the ones that are great at this. It did feel like Steve Cohen was overstepping his boundaries a little bit with Billy Eppler, and hey, it's not working. We'll see if Steve Cohen continues to overstep boundaries with David Stearns. I assume not be because he brought the right guy in to do it. But those two working in tandem is so important. That's why the Padres got really good. Peter Seidler loved the San Diego Padres. He wanted to see them be really good. He trusted AJ Preler and AJ Preller. While we think he's a madman, he's maybe the best drafter in Major League Baseball. They develop like very few others can, and man like when they're right, When they have that farm system replenished, he can go move for the big fish. Mike Elias just developed an organization that last year, at this time last year March twenty eighth, twenty twenty three, you could argue is twice as good as any other farm system in baseball. You've got that guy in place. Give him the keys to the Ferrari. He was driving a Honda Civic for the last five years.
Speaker 1: Now you're giving Michaelias money. Be afraid, rest of the American lad.
Speaker 2: It's Andrew Friedman. You've got a guy that was working on financial constraints, and you take him from a kiddie pool and you put him in the Atlantic Ocean and he can roam free. Cross sport reference. The vibe from David Rubinstein is very similar to Matt Ishbia when he took over the Phoenix Suns. Have you been following any of that, not even a little bit so Matt Ishbia, do your reading if you're interested. But he was like, I want to build the Sun's back up, and they're doing it. And right after Ishbia took over, they traded for Kevin Durant and they traded for Bradley Beal. So I'm all the way in on that. Should we move to the four o'clock first pitches? Let's do it. Let's start in Chicago Detroit and the White Sox pitchers duel who was better Crochet or Schooble.
Speaker 1: I mean, Scoople was unconscious, but Croche had a tougher assignment because have you seen this White Sox lineup?
Speaker 2: Mm? Hm, oh you have? What have you? I don't see it, but it's just listening. Have you seen it? I mean it was a dumpster.
Speaker 1: So I had Tiger's money line, for example, And I'm getting a little bit nervous in the later innings because I'm like, oh, what if the White Sox come back? They didn't never had a chance. So it's like Scoobal did scooble things. That's why I bet on him to win the cy Young Everything was working, but at the same time he's blown middle middle fastballs by guys It's just like I didn't I didn't come away from the start with Schooball learning anything new. I knew he was dominant. I knew that in his last two starts against the White Sox in the regular season in twenty three through twelve innings, only allowed two runs. Just dominates them. But how about Gerrit Croche?
Speaker 2: Holy shit, this was.
Speaker 1: His first start in professional baseball. The last time he made a start was at the University of Tennessee. Did you know that it was the first time the White Sox they're opening day starter when it's his first start since nineteen oh one with Roy Patterson.
Speaker 2: I mean it makes sense, Like why would you ever run a guy out? Think about this. The last time he threw the first pitch of a game was before the world shut down in March to twenty twenty. Yeah, it's a long time ago. Did you see the cutter? It's disgusting, Like what he does, how he cuts the ball is disgusting. And he's a big dude that works downhill. He throws hard. He doesn't throw one hundred and two anymore like he did a Tennessee but man, like he's in the mid nineties and that is it classified as a cutter. I know he's got a slider that's gross, but yes, it was the three pitches that looked like they were classified.
Speaker 1: It was this ninety eight mile an hour heater that just gets on guys high ride, big body.
Speaker 2: Garrett Crochet was he six six sixty seven.
Speaker 1: He looks enormous on the mound, just coming at you with all legs and it's like tight pants and it's just it's at you so fast. Then he has this ninety four mile hour cutter. He takes a little bit off it and just has that little bit of cut and guys just don't know what to do with it. And then the slider from hell. I was watching it big like, I mean, this is a diamond in the rough. I mean, this is incredible. But again the Tigers offense, I was also very disappointed with it.
Speaker 2: It's not good.
Speaker 1: I was just like, who are the guys in either of these lineups that are gonna make an impact today?
Speaker 2: So Luise Robert, Louise Robert is the guy in the White Sox lineup that's gonna make it impact. And then no, he didn't. And then you've got he went one for four with two punch outs, and then you've got you know, Tork, Like Riley Green's not at that level yet. I don't I don't even know if Tork's at that level yet. No, neither of them are. I mean they're both good. I both like them long term, but right now, I mean you can't compare them to Louise Robert right now. No, no, absolutely not. We were I just sent you a screenshot of the Guardian's lineup. I was like, this is really not good life. But it's like, Okay, Jay Ram is in the Luise Robert conversation, but aside from that, Bobby Witt Junior is in that conversation when it comes to you know, dynamic superstar hitters. But aside from that, the al Central is starved for talent. It was a one nothing game. It was a pitcher's dual. Schooble as of right now, is leading opening day starters in swings and misses. I think he got twenty whiffs in six innings. I mean he was discussing you combine Schoobling. Crochet's lines was twelve innings, eight hits, one run, fourteen punchouts, no walks between the two. Crochet I was expecting like three four walks. The fact that we got six innings, one run, eight punch outs, no walks amazing. I'm very happy. As a White Sox person, I'm I'm very happy. My dumb ass bet him under four and a half shrikeouts. He hadn't gone more than four innings in a spring training start. Then he goes six. I don't know what to do minute innings.
Speaker 1: One more thing that I wanted to run across you that I just found was interesting. Alex Lang is supposed to be the closer for the Tigers game one hundred one o one man our sinkers.
Speaker 2: I was like, holy shit, but.
Speaker 1: I mean he's always thrown gas with the sinker, but one oh one, I haven't seen that out of folly. But it was chafin for four outs and then fully got the last two. And I was thinking to myself, are they saving Lang? Did he lose the job?
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 1: I was just I didn't I didn't understand. I mean, it worked out, didn't matter. I mean they could have thrown me literally in there and all. I mean these White Sox leeders that no shot, But I would have expected their closer in a one zero game an opening day, but I mean fully looked great.
Speaker 2: So did Chaffin. But again it's the White Sox. So I don't know, it is the White Sox. I don't know what happened with Lang. I don't have an answer to that, and I don't I haven't seen anything that aj Hinch said, so it remains to be seen. I guess I was looking for what aj Hinch might have said, and there was nothing. Nothing, nothing. Let's move to the Nick Martini game eight? Who the Reds beat the Nts? Nick Martini, a guy that play Snoden, our guy, our staff riter, it's just baseball was tweeting like why is he on the roster? And I'm with him, I'm like, why is Nick Martini playing when you could just dh India and have espen All play second? And then Nick Martini, in his first played appearance of the season, hits a tank and a half out to right field as part one of a multi homer day Reds win eight to two. Martini was awesome, Great, He's not gonna have one hundred and sixty home runs this year. Frankie Montes might be that dude, though Frankie went with six scoreless four punch outs, no walks. Frankie Montas final line six innings, four hits, no runs, four k's, no walks. Amazing from Frankie Montas.
Speaker 1: I don't want to interrupt this game because I do want to keep talking about it. But as we are talking, the Diamondbacks just put up fourteen runs in the third inning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sixteen to one. Not it ideal for cal Freelid. Not great. Hope you didn't have Rocky's money line. I did not, did not.
Speaker 1: I mean that's a little bit embarrassing, but we could talk about that at the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought Frankie Montas pitched really, really well. A lot of soft contact, breaking balls were working. It looked like the guy who was on the A's that the Yankees traded three or four prospects for, but he was hurt his entire time on the Yankees. And I thought Foolish Baseball had a great tweet Frankie Montas is just imitating Sonny Gray's career.
Speaker 2: I thought that was hilarious. But it's again like.
Speaker 1: I personally didn't pull a ton away from the start because I also thought the Nationals just showed up for nothing. I mean, Josiah Gray did not look good at all. The offense I thought just put up terrible at bats. They were swinging first pitch at bat, it at bad pitches. Like I did think Frankie Montas pitched well. But I think this game was more of an indictment on the Nationals than it was on the Reds.
Speaker 2: First, they were Yeah, I mean they were lethargic, like Joey Maness was two for forward to two singles. Took until Emelio Pegan came in for them to get on the board. It was a two run homer from Eddie Rossario. That was it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, I really didn't have much reactions from that game. Yeah, I thought the Reds handled business against a guy and Joe Siagray, who I'm pretty down on this year. We saw him firsthand in spring training. I didn't think he looked that great. His peripherals were not good last year, and the Reds just took care of business with Nick Martini right. Yeah, I really didn't have any major takeaways from that other than Frankie Montoss looked good. But I need to see more because the Nationals I thought looked so terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Twins Royals in Kansas City Minnesota wins at four to one. The story here and listen, Pablo Lopez was great. Col Reagan's I thought was really solid. Cole Reagan's six two runs, nine punch outs, Pablo seven innings, a one run ball cade, seven no walks. Reagan's allowed a homer, it was to Royce Lewis, and then Royce Lewis goes first a third. It fucks up his quad. We're waiting on the severity of it. But man, this is unreal. What's going on with Royce Lewis. And you know, I made the equip and like I didn't mean it in a joking manner at all. He gets hurt and the Royals broadcast immediately flashes a Royce Lewis injury history graphic. It's like you have it stocked. That's where we're at with Royce Lewis, and he's so talented. I don't want to call it frustrating, because frankly, it's really sad. It's hard for me to latch on because as soon as we get that taste, it just goes away like that. All the time. I'm rooting for Royce. I hope it's just like tightness. I hope Justin Steele is just tightness at his hammy. But man, like this guy's fragility. If I was a Twins fan, I'd be I'd be stirring and I'd be losing sleep knowing that you got to deal with Buckston and Royce Lewis in this way.
Speaker 1: Royce Lewis, Yes, he takes Cole Reagan's deep on like a ninety seven mile an hour fastball and just pulls it out of Kaufman Stadium. But then I thought his next a B bullet slider eighty seven miles an hour on the black, and he takes it to left field on just a perfect swing.
Speaker 2: And then when he's rounding third, it's just the quad thing again.
Speaker 1: And you know, I'm not trying to toot my own horn at all, But isn't it exactly what I described when we were talking about our top one hundred or my top one hundred, where I was like, he is more talented than most third basement, but his inability to stay on the field is extremely frustrating because it's it's almost like a Buckston thing, right. I hope it never gets there, but it's immense talent but just cannot stay on the field, but Pablo Lopez looked really, really good. He gave up that first home run to Michael Garcia and he was throwing like ninety four miles an hour, and then the next dab it was back up to ninety seven and it was like, hey, I can't take it easy here, and he just cruised through this Royals lineup. But again, like, yeah, I don't know what else to say about Royce Lewis. When he's on the field, he's what a top twenty five talent, Yeah, but he's not on the field enough. And then we just get this again, and like, if I'm a Twins fan, I'm just tearing my hair out.
Speaker 2: Like he got the win.
Speaker 1: It feels good. You deserve the win. Pablo looked great, Ils Cray look pretty damn good too.
Speaker 2: On Deepud look damn good.
Speaker 1: It's just it's disappointing. It's disappointing when you win on opening day. But there's already issues I'm feeling for Twins fans.
Speaker 2: There are a couple of guys to me that I'm like, Okay, if you are good, then baseball is better. Trout went yard today. I had that feeling.
Speaker 1: It's like baseball's just better when Mike Trout's great. Baseball is better when Anthony Rendon is sucking to strike out the game.
Speaker 2: Or the air strike out of the era. I was like, oh, this is poetry good and then he had like a good three inning stretch there and then it was like I'm checked out now. Yeah, it's like reverse nap time. As soon as the clock hit like three point thirty for him, he was like, yeah, I'm ready to go, just a late start, But the game is great when Mike Trout is great. I think baseball is better when Carlos Korea is great. And I think that Carlos Korea is prime for a bounce back year. Is it great? Andess, I don't know, is it really good? I hope so, because he was only good last.
Speaker 1: Year the defense elite. There was a couple of these hit the slide that he does and then jumps back up and just.
Speaker 2: Fires over the very at that. He's a very unique cat. He's he's got one of the best arms in all of baseball and he's a big dude that knows how to use his body perfectly at shortstop. Yeah, it's a fun watch. You mentioned Oneo Cruz and like, we'll talk about him in a moment because he's a freakazoid, but like it's it's that kind of thing where it's like, Okay, you are an unorthodox shortstop, but you play it in a way that I like watching. That's my thing with Korea. It's like he doesn't fit the mold of like your classic, silky smooth, six foot one shortstop.
Speaker 1: He's like a tree turner or like you know, a Lindor or you know the guy that plays it like a big guy. Yeah, he plays it like I mean, he looks like a third baseman playing shortstop, but he gets every ball and he fires it over there at one hundred miles an hour, and he looked great at the plate. It was just good to see like healthy Carlos Korea play baseball because people forget he is arguably one of the best shortstops in baseball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of one hundred miles an hour, talk to me about the one hundred and twelve off the bat from Vladimir Guerrero Junior in an eight to two win in Tampa.
Speaker 1: It was awesome, man, Vladdie hit that home run and he got a bunch more hits in that game, didn't.
Speaker 2: He Laddie was h one for five with a bunch.
Speaker 1: No, but hey, hey that home run, Like, let's celebrate it. And we're not going to talk about how Bashett went two for four with the double and you know, played really good defense. No, but Vladdie did hit that home run as a first baseman. He did hit a home run today. Good for you, Laddie. Hell yeah, you got your home run.
Speaker 2: I hope's got. He's got. What's o PS thirteen fifty? Oh it is? That's fuddy. Why'd you bring up Bladdy? By the way, Well, it doesn't fit my agenda. Zach Efflin struggled at home.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't struggle. I thought Kevin Cash just left him and for no reason. I mean, yeah, but like it was all in the later innings. I mean he was a five spoty yeah.
Speaker 2: Early, yeah. I want he pitched.
Speaker 1: I thought he pitched really well. It looked like he was gas at the end of the fifth and they just kept him in. I didn't really understand why. And then he got pelted in the sixth inning. So I'm not putting a lot of stock in Eflyn start. I didn't think he got killed. I thought he ran out of gas. At the end, and then the Blue Jays piled on and good for the blue Jays, they look great. How about Barrios? Yeah, I'm making fun of like Vladdie, I don't want to take it away from the Blue Jays performance today. No, no Jays, we're screwing around here. But I mean, you're a Blue Jays fan because you do not have a good history in the trap. They're under five hundred in the last three seasons. I think they're like thirty six and fifty seven career at the trop it's just not good. But to come an opening day when you have the and for all those watching on YouTube quote unquote inferior picture, right, I think a lot of people would say Eflyn is the better pitcher than Barrios. But Brios did not back down, right, Yandi Diez hits that leadoff home run, and I'm thinking to myself, all right, this is a raised blowout, right, it's just the razor back. Nope, settled down and looked great, was surgical and it was really a picture dol until that last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, five runs sixth that was what put it away.
Speaker 1: But just question for you, who do you think was the MVP of that game. I'm just asking what do you think? Do you think it was a set?
Speaker 2: Peter? I think it was Bobachette. Okay, just curious. Okay, we're gonna move on to the west coast before that quick break. We're not moving totally out west yet. We are going to the south and just west of the southeast for the Yankees and the Astros. The Yankees win that one, five to four. Juan Soto with a huge outfield assist Oswaldo Cabrera went yard in a big moment from Berg couldn't really throw a strike to save his life. Nestor struggled. This was a weird game, and I was really excited for this game. It was a fun game, but like in different ways, and I was expecting and hoping crazy game.
Speaker 1: The Yankees left ten runners on base and still one first inning ground ball double play with bases loaded. Second inning groundball double play, bases loaded. I think they had another.
Speaker 2: One in the fourth.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure they had three total, and it looked like a disaster early on. And as a Yankee fan, right we're going in two minute made at Houston against Framber with Nessa Cortez junior who hasn't looked that great in spring training. I kind of chucked it up as an l and then watching the first few innings, right the Astros put up four almost immediately, and I'm thinking, oh God, another season like this. Then Won Sotto hits the ball in the gap and you can just see the energy changing with the Yankees. Bot Be put up good abs, I thought, for Dugo put up some good abs.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Judge still got his hit. Judged did't look great, but whatever. Stanton did not look good, but whatever.
Speaker 2: But the energy.
Speaker 1: This is a game that the Yankees have lost over the past five years. They lose this game is but they won it today.
Speaker 2: And seeing Judge and Soto dap up in the outfield, that that had to get fired up, Like I haven't been this happy about Yankees baseball a long time.
Speaker 1: That get you aroused, Like, let's be honest. Oh yeah, I don't even want to be graphic. You could use your imagination, do it.
Speaker 2: You let out like a sound where you're like, oh, I mean we have one Soto. I think Won Soto on your team is a different beast. Yeah, I wouldn't know.
Speaker 1: That game was awesome and no Nester settled in though, you know, he got his punches. Command was a little bit better. The fastball velocity actually looked fine. It looked better than what it was in spring training.
Speaker 2: He just got it.
Speaker 1: He got roughed up early. Lowisega came in and looked really good.
Speaker 2: I'm banking on that guy to have a good year. I think Lewisaga is not the X factor, but he is an X factor for the New York Yankees.
Speaker 1: Especially if Clay Holmes is a little bit fidgety. He did not look great in the last inning and one sort of throwing that runner out at home. Man, dude, I was smiling ear to ear when we finally got on the board and they just kept battling that energy. The Yankees have been without it for a while to come back the never say die. And then I love Joe Girardi in the booth with Paul O'Neil and Michael Kay. I just had a great time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like you had an awesome Thursday afternoon.
Speaker 1: And Astros fans, I know you guys are listening. You're probably just so sick of here. Give me a break. You guys have been beating the shit out of us, like basically my entire adult life, and give me this one, give me this one.
Speaker 2: And hey, Jake Myers went yard like that's something to be happy about. Oh yeah, panick level with frombers scale of one to ten.
Speaker 1: Not really that panic because I thought his stuff look good. He just had no idea where it was going, which I more chalk up to just like early season woes. But at the same time, this was happening last year, right, so maybe this is a continuation. But the stream I was watching on it had like a different camera view, and I'm watching his sinker dart into the zone and his off speed pitches. This is disgusting.
Speaker 2: It's the Yankees.
Speaker 1: It's all hard and you're gonna get the Yankees credit here, Like Framburg did not look good, but the Yankees put up excellent abs. They were not chasing all those curveballs in the dirt that they've been swinging out for years. They weren't swinging at them. They had a plan and they attacked, and even when they went down, they never gave up. I'm over the moon, I mean that was I was smile a year to year, bab.
Speaker 2: I dig it. I forgot about one game on the East coast. We're gonna go back to it. Pirates beat the Marlins six' five and. TWELVE i loved that. GAME i like from seven, onward that was ALL i was. Watching Luis ortiz looked. Amazing did you see that O'Neal cruz home run that left his bad at one hundred and six miles an? Hour and if you haven't seen the, video go back and watch the video because it looks like he should have popped out to. Shortstop but he's such a big dude that swings so, hard so fast through the zone that that somehow left is bad at one oh six and found its way over the left field. FENCE i Love, depot which is a big which is a big. PARK i cannot believe. Him he is he does something literally, unbelievable and then we talk often about how MUCH i hate that, word AND i think that's starting to rub off To arm. Two he's like he's noticing every time he says the word. Unbelievable he's, like, yeah, no. Overused it's not overused with. Him he's, like you see that swing and you see the result six seconds, later and you're, like how did that?
Speaker 1: Happen he also has the most aesthetically aesthetically esthetically leasing throw over to first. Base it's like a sling. Shot AND i, was you, know we were talking About crayon comparing. Them, Yeah craya might have similar, velocity but it ain't close in terms of.
Speaker 2: Just thek that comes out of that.
Speaker 1: Man oh man In. Pittsburgh he's. Looser, yeah he's a dangerous. MAN i will say That keller didn't look. Good Mitch keller five and, two, third, seven, hit five, runs four of which.
Speaker 2: Earned i'm not. RESPECTFUL i thought he looked like ass good like it. Was it was a very laborious five and.
Speaker 1: Two also terrible for his, standards because his standards last year he was and then to do that no. Strikeouts the stuff didn't look. Great it looked like it was a tune up game for. Him it just didn't look right at. All that's WHY i thought he looked, terrible because it was more almost body language and velocity and you, know dibbling around the. CORNERS i was, like this Isn't Mitch. Keller this isn't The Mitch keller with a high nineties fastball when you should break it. Off that sweeper from hell looked like a water down version of. HIM i expect way more from.
Speaker 2: Him i'm with. YOU i Thought lozardo was. GOOD i thought the bullpen was not. GOOD i Thought keller was not. GOOD i thought The pirates' bullpen was really. Good pirates bullpen had Seven shutty was. GREAT i Mean Hunter, stratten a guy That i've spent the last two years with In. INDIANAPOLIS i love that that guy is shoving and he's good. Man, YEAH i think people are gonna realize that he's good and like a legitimate big. Leaguer and, remember No bednar. Either bennar never came. In No. Bednar we were, like where Is? Bednar but apparently he's still working his way back from a lat. Issue Ryan baruki hitting in a third two punch out snow, hits he went four, up four down or all. This chapman went three, up three, Down luis Or tis to scoreless innings and. Extras and Then Jose, hernandez, who LIKE i was sitting there At indians media day yesterday and we were, like where Is Jose. Hernandez he's supposed to be here and it's, like oh, no he's got to go To. Pittsburgh the injury he's he's the call up For Opening. Day kat gets a. Save he was supposed to be a media day In tripaa On, wednesday and he gets a save on Opening day On. Thursday that's kind of. Fun he has a good little breaket ball.
Speaker 1: There he was, Good NO i guy last. Year if you're A pirates fan after that, game you have to be over the. Moon the fact That Mitch keller gave you. Nothing you didn't really hit much Off. LOZARDO i know you got your two, runs but you know you didn't play well Against. Lozardo but he kept.
Speaker 2: Battling and That Miami marlins, bullpen it's not a bad bullpen by, oh Like nardi's. Good nardi got hit a couple, times but that's that's all, Right like looked.
Speaker 1: Good nardi was great last, year and The pirates came up and they did their business against, him and they just kept in it and kept in.
Speaker 2: It and DO i have to, repeat DO i have to say it?
Speaker 1: Again The marlins one run rule thirty three and thirteen last, year and now they're zero to one and they blew a three run lead and they lose the one run. Game it's gonna happen to The marlins this. YEAR i don't think they're going to be on the right side of. It that's ALL i gotta.
Speaker 2: SAY i Mean Tim anderson had a. Double okay to, that he did have a. Double, YEAH i really enjoyed.
Speaker 1: THAT i didn't really have many takeaways from The marlins, offense did You, NO i.
Speaker 2: DIDN'T i loved The ta. Double that was really.
Speaker 1: BECAUSE i just Thought Mitch keller looked. Terrible that's where they got the runs and they were. Capitalized then it just shut. Off so it's, like, YEAH i, again it's more of an indictment On keller. SOMETHING i didn't think that The marlins didn't play well. Offensively it's just If keller had his, STUFF i don't think The marlins would have scored at.
Speaker 2: All. Yeah, Also Connor joe saved In Odeo cruz throwing air that would have allowed a run to. Score Respect Connor, Joe respect My King. Joe let's go To San diego here six Four padres win over The. GIANTS i really enjoyed this. Game confordo had a good. Game canfordo had a double in a. Homer BUT i loved the pitchers. DUEL i loved the front five innings of this, game You darbish went five innings to one. Run ball struck out, Seven logan webs six, innings two, runs punched out Five. Web his shit moves in ways that no other pictures shit. Moves he had A he had like a two steamer sinker To jack twenty three inches of Horizontal and as soon AS i saw that, Happen i'm like Pitching ninja BECAUSE i was, LIKE i feel so bad for, you Jackson. Boro that's. Impossible nobody played It earth could hit. That welcome to the Big.
Speaker 1: Leagues bet on him and it looked like it was going to hit, him and it ended up. MIDDLE i just Logan web can do things with the baseball that few. Can but he looked pretty. GOOD i mean he looked he looked, Okay darvish looked, okay like they both did their. Thing BUT i really wasn't impressed by this game at. All there was nobody that really jumped out of. Me it's good to See junghu league at his first, hit but, overall this was one of the games THAT i also didn't really have any. TAKEAWAYS i thought it was one of those games where it was Like darvish And web. Pitch fine offense came in spurts against bad, pitches and The padres won the. Game i'm, sorry that's JUST i didn't also catch a ton of this, game but the INNINGS i did, CATCH i was just, like, eh pretty.
Speaker 2: Good there were a lot of games to watch this game That i'm about to bring. UP i really didn't catch much at. ALL i saw Glass now dominate out of the corner of my. EYE i was, like you, know it was like fourth screen for, me or like fourth part of the quad box for, me AND i was, like, oh, yeah, Good glass now is shoving against The Saint Louis. Cardinals all, Right Glass now six, innings two, hits one, Run dodgers win seven to. One that top of The dodger, Lineup Mooki Otani Freddie freeman was. Amazing Miles michaeliss got roughed. Up that was my only. Thing did you keep tabs on?
Speaker 1: THIS i, did AND i WISH i didn't because it made me so mad at The. Cardinals what a pitiful performance by the, Offense just. Pitiful they had three, Hits goldie at all three of.
Speaker 2: Them.
Speaker 1: YEP i was so disappointed BECAUSE i also didn't think That glasnow even had his best stuff and yet they couldn't do shit with. It AND i Know glassdow even without his best, stuff is Still Tyler, GLASSNOW i get. It but the abs like there was nothing from The cardinals, offense and it looked exactly like this same team from last, year just, lethargic not trying to get. After it looked like as soon as The dodgers put up those, runs the game was. Over And i'm not even really talking About, Michaelis Like, michael's, yeah he got beat the hell up by The.
Speaker 2: Dodgers it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Happen he's also one of the worst opening day STARTERS i think the history Of Major League, baseball even out those comments after the game where he's, like it's not my Worst Opening, day AND i know it's just, joking but Like michaelis didn't pitch. Well If michaelis is Starting Opening day for This cardinals team and the offense shows up like, that it's gonna be another terrible season for The. CARDINALS i was just really excited to watch this offense come to, play especially in this series against The. Dodgers it's a beautiful day and they just laid an egg get in this. Shower they looked like. Ass they probably smelled like a. Too it was so disappointed with the.
Speaker 2: OFFENSE i really was when do you start blaming the lethargy on the guy on the top, step the dugout that just got. EXTENDED i don't even said at. Him they're obviously. SOLD i don't know what they're. Like, dude don't know what they're. Doing we were blaming the lethargy on him last, year and we were blaming all the media gaffs on him last year because it was him that was committed all the media. Guests The tyler O'Neill saga was, Stupid The Wilson contreras saga was. Stupid and now you see this team lay an egg on opening. Day come, on be, better be.
Speaker 1: Better and you have to, Remember cardinals, fans you're probably hearing this and being, like shut, up, guys one, game we.
Speaker 2: Hold no a higher. Stand this is one hundred and sixty three. Games AND i.
Speaker 1: Agree that's WHY i was going to continue into it, too because it's like this has been happening and you guys are The Saint Louis. Cardinals you have the second Most World series in the history Of Major League baseball to The.
Speaker 2: Yankees but you are to do? That, no but The cardinals are a historic. Franchise all, right you had your down. Year everyone has a down. Year it's. Okay bounce back and.
Speaker 1: Even if you lose this, game show a little bit of fight a little.
Speaker 2: Bit they. Didn't they laid. DOWN i was so.
Speaker 1: DISAPPOINTED i was so disappointed in this team BECAUSE i expect so much better from.
Speaker 2: Them, yeah. Understandably so we moved to the night slate to wrap a final in ten In. Arlington jonaheim walked it off four to, three the win over The. Cubs was it a foul?
Speaker 1: Ball?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Clearly, Yeah like obviously they fucked.
Speaker 1: It anyone with eyes could have seen. That why is that not a reviewable?
Speaker 2: Play that makes no? SENSE i don't know if he's technically rule a? Hit shut, up nerd review the, play get it? Right why are we doing? This why don't if we have reviewed sometimes but not other, times review it? All why? Not we'll take five minutes get the play? Right end of. RENT i. WAS i was just, like it's opening. Day don't do this ship on THE espn broadcast like it's It's sunday night baseball On thursday, night like you better have this shit, right and they just didn't have this shit. Right i'm with, you vow. Ball who's a really entertaining. Game there were really no like true standouts in this. One Christopher morell had a nice, game WHICH i really. Appreciated did you see that foul ball? Yet?
Speaker 1: NO i, did like six hundred FEET i saw a SICK i just thought he had a foul ball THAT i thought.
Speaker 2: Was five hundred feet. Plus. Interesting, yeah it was good to See langford leg out his first. Hit that was like a fun. ONE i wish he went, yard but like infield single For Wyatt. Langford it's like the guy who you know has this crazy. Power he's gonna hit forty five in his rookie, year and it's like his field single first? Hit is it infield? Single that's baseball for. You wasn't That harper's first? HIT i don't. Know it might So harper's first hit was either an infield single or.
Speaker 1: It was wasn't it that bubble over the? Shortstop it was that ball to the other? WAY i, THOUGHT i remember Young. HARPER i don't know if that was his first.
Speaker 2: HIT i thought it could have been a double directly over the centerfielder's. HEAD i feel like it was In la and it was right Over Matt kemp's. Head fact check me and tell me in the YouTube comments like the situation that Brought Bryce harper his first, Pie but it wasn't it kind of the other? Way IF i think we're thinking about the same. Play, whatever let's talk about The rangers in the. CUPS i don't. Know it was a fun.
Speaker 1: Game steel going down was a, disaster, yeah but.
Speaker 2: It seemed like he was mouthing the word cramp and then then the official report was hamstring. Tightness, okay good. GOD i would assume that's. CRAMP i don't know if that's gonna result in an il. STINT i don't think it would result in an ile. Stint if it's a, cramp.
Speaker 1: Okay good because the way he went down after, it it looked like he tore his hamstring and then he's on his back and he had a limp. Off if that's the, case thank. GOD i, mean you get Royce lewis in the early. Game then On Thursday Night baseball we See Justin steele go down when he was. Pitching, well he's pitching really, WELL i, THOUGHT i, mean that's a Tough rangers lineup that you're going To arlington fired up after they won A World series opening, day crowd's fully on their, side and he comes in that with That mississippi. Fastball that was one of the more impressive, outings even though the stat line didn't look. Great BUT i thought he was surgical.
Speaker 2: Early this From taylor McGregor Per Craig, Council Justin steele has a left hand string. Strain he will get AN mri tomorrow to determine. Severity ile stint quote likely according To Greg. Council hopefully it's not. Long hopefully it's not. LONG a couple turns to the.
Speaker 1: ROTATION i, mean BUT i don't want to talk about his injury BECAUSE i love him AND i don't want him to be.
Speaker 2: Injured, Yeah i'm with, you, Man i'm totally with. You arm Texted cubs needed. CLOSER i agree That el's a. Lie we were having this conversation during the. OFFSEASON i think Els alai is a fine. CLOSER i think he's a really good setup.
Speaker 1: Guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: PROBABLY i wouldn't say that's their, issue, THOUGH i, mean who's Throwing game three for The.
Speaker 2: Cubs who's Throwing game? Three and, like, hey who's hitting? SICK i Mean bush is hitting, six but like you need some depth in that. Lineup in that, lineup it's it's good not. Great as of right, now it's kind of like the Entire cubs. Team it's like good not. Great they're just missing, that like you know That Dang Shoho. Tani, yeah they're missing. Him they're missing show Jord. On they could Use. Jordon they could absolutely use a ronald' Kunya junior in center, field in right, FIELD i guess Although saya's got to play, right give me.
Speaker 1: Job shout Out jonah him rocketed that ball the right field for the walk.
Speaker 2: Off that's gotta feel, good, man that's got to feel good for that was. Great quick note before we move on to the late. SLATE i JUST i needed to remind myself of this stat AND i Heard Pat hughes say it on The cubs radio. Broadcast Corey seeger became the fourth guy to collect Multiple World series. MVPs do you know who his company? IS i feel like we brought this up like when he Won World SERIES, mvp but he is the fourth guy In Major league history with Multiple world SERIES. MVPs i can't even think of one right. Now just tell me the. Answer it's gonna take me a while. Anyway Reggie, Jackson oh, Duh Bob gibson And Sandy.
Speaker 1: Kofax, yeah so LIKE i. CAN'T i just didn't Remember Reggie jackson. Immediately that's It'ster.
Speaker 2: OCTOBER i heard that grouping AND i was, like, oh like, pause let me rewind and let me hear it. Again Corey, Seeger Sandy, Kofax Bob, Gibson Reggie. Jackson that's an amazing. Group. YEAH i, MEAN i Think Corey, seager as long as he stays, healthy he's gonna be A hall Of. Famer he's got a long way to, go only. Thirty we could talk about that in a on a later.
Speaker 1: Day but also when they were talking about in the, broadcast like all the guys were going first, pitch they were taking a note out Of Corey seeger's you know. Ahead, LOOK i just love that he's the, guy you, know he was the driver of the bus and this. OFFENSE i, mean they didn't even have a good day and they.
Speaker 2: Still put up. Four Evan carter hit, Eighth yeah against the, LEFTY a top five prospect in baseball hit eighth and didn't get any hits against the.
Speaker 1: Lefty, yeah it's, OKAY i, cooked AM i cooked probably late. Slate we just got a hit on. Quickly we started recording in like the middle innings of the late. SLATE i did get to watch the first three innings Of Shane, bieber And bieber recorded his first seven.
Speaker 2: Outs via punch. Out he was sitting ninety two ninety. Three that is a Different Shane. Bieber he was sitting ninety four and twenty. Twenty but that was you, know a. Sprint it was across eleven, starts and he won The Cy. Young If Shane bieber is sitting ninety two ninety, THREE i am mortgaging the farm to go trade for him at this deadline d.
Speaker 1: Percent he could win the Sy young because he could be a good pitcher sitting eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Ninety HE'S i, mean he's a great pitcher sitting eighty nine. Ninety he was sitting NINETY i think low ninety one ninety one point two last year and he had a three eight era and eight innings like eight like eat and eat the food like an eight. Innings, yeah if he is ninety two to ninety three and he gives you one hundred and eighty. INNINGS i, mean, man he Is, okay right back to the theme of the. Show When Mike trout is, great it's good for. Baseball When Shane bieber is right and you get to watch him carve every fifth, day that's pitching.
Speaker 1: Porn BECAUSE i, mean what's another pitcher In Major League baseball right now that could be as surgical As Shane bieber throwing in the low. Nineties you can't really name, him.
Speaker 2: NO i, mean like At kershaw when he's, healthy.
Speaker 1: Trow, steel kind of, steel not like low. Nineties he's like ninety three ninety. Five so, YEAH i mean it's really, yeah it's Like. Kershaw that's kind of. It so IT'S i personally didn't even get to watch the, game so Like i'm speaking out of my ass.
Speaker 2: Here i'm just looking at the. Numbers but the numbers look.
Speaker 1: Good and this is WHY i was so high on The guardians BECAUSE i think they have the best rotation in the. Division and we're looking at the lineups throughout this, division right you're making fun of The guardians. Lineup look at the other lineups, TODAY i, mean not great SO i think they can really make some. Noise they're up six to zero right, now as we're as we're as we're, talking you, know The a's or you.
Speaker 2: KNOW i still think they're gonna win sixty. Games but not a great start, start not a great start for The Colorado rockies, either top of the. Six then he gets sixteen to One arizona over The rockies after a fourteen run. Third and this game is not at Quors, field it's In. Phoenix Kyle freeland two and a, third ten earned, Runs so HIS ra after start one is thirty eight point five to. Seven Anthony, MOLINA i feel so bad for, you, Dude rule five pick from The, rays twenty two year old got one, out six, hits six earned a.
Speaker 1: Murder how About Jalen beeks coming into uh soften the? Blow two and a third right?
Speaker 2: Now two k's no, runs kicking. Ass gallen went five innings and punch outs weren't, there but it was five, innings one earned Great guriel, homers.
Speaker 1: Five RBIs already we're recording right. NOW i, mean where are the fifth? Inning he's got five. Ribbies there are five.
Speaker 2: Guys there are five guys in this. Lineup in the in the top of the sixth inning with a multi hit. Day there are two guys with three hit date Could Tell marte's three for, Four lorduscuriel three for four with five driven. In Christian walker's got two, Knocks Gabby moreno's got two. Knocks Aheneo suarez has two Blaze alexander has his first big league. Hit every oh my, god everybody Except Corbyn carroll has a hit in The diamondbacks.
Speaker 1: Lineup Corby carl, though has two walks into runs score, though so it's all he's doing.
Speaker 2: Nothing go ahead with your five hundred, Ops corporate And. Carrol last game that we got to hit pardon through. Six boston ahead Of seattle five to. Two Luis castillo started For seattle five, innings four, Earned Brian bayo five, innings two earned For. Boston Raffi devers hit a. Homer Sit On rafaella. TRIPLED i didn't watch a moment of this game because we were. Recording SO i hope you're Happy Red sox fans are. Winning, Yeah i'm just looking at the numbers. Here Brian beo's velocity is up hit ninety eight. Today Brian bao hit ninety. Eight Brian bao hit ninety eight.
Speaker 1: Today his fastball or his sinker is up one point one miles an hour from, normal which is pretty. Good change ups up almost two miles an. Hour the slider's up almost. THREE i, mean that's kind Of if you're A Red sox, fan you gotta be pretty excited about.
Speaker 2: That good for, you all, right you you're newly Extended Opening day.
Speaker 1: STARTER i Apologize Red sox And marins. FAN i haven't watched the second of this, game but it's not either two right, now like shout Out, boston how about this win right? Now you are, underdogs, Okay Bothy devers bomb?
Speaker 2: Oppo, okay. Okay Two Opening day games coming up. Today who wins and? Why at one In New, York Jose kintana gets the ball for The mets Against Freddy peralta and The. Brewers who wins?
Speaker 1: Why i'm gonna go with The, brewers BUT i think this is gonna be one of those really close, games kind of similar To Cubs rangers Or Pirates, marlins where it might go into extra innings or. SOMETHING i just think that The brewers have the better starting pitcher on the. Mound we Love Freddy. PERALTA i still Think Jose gatana is a good. PITCHER i just would give the edge To. FREDDY i would also give the edge to The brewers', bullpen even though you still Get Edwin diaz and you have No Devin. Williams for The, brewers they're just so much deeper THAN i think The mets. Are but, OFFENSIVELY i would give the edge to The mets. Here The mets are also really good on their opening, day So i'll go with The. BREWERS i think they win in like a four to three type.
Speaker 2: Game i'm Going. Mets in a higher scoring. GAME i think six Four, mets because The mets course sticks And i'm not sure if The brewers can score six they really get.
Speaker 1: To freddy like that or do you think it's more bullpen or where are they getting the runs off?
Speaker 2: OF i don't. Know he feels like some middle inning fever dream type, shit like maybe an Old freddy and To freddy in a middle relief.
Speaker 1: Guy, yeah Like Hoby milner comes, in gives up a freaking three run.
Speaker 2: BOMB i can. See, Yeah Like Pete alonzo goes yard and it's like Oh alonzo and Then Ethan badowski are a social superstar just In. Texas the gator. Emoji it's, like oh that's. Sick, yeah, great whatever a gator does, anything he lets us. Know he went To. Florida, yeah he went To. Florida Stryder wheeler at three zero five the game Of Opening day that we had to wait twenty four hours. For i'm gonna be locked into this. ONE i Think atlanta wins two to.
Speaker 1: One, YEAH i love this under for all my people ON mgm one and a half unit play for, me and you KNOW i don't often do. That It's strider Versus wheeler with fifteen mile hour wind blowing in At Citizens Bank, park one of the most affected ballpark's by wind In Major League, baseball second to only Two Wrigley. FIELD i think it's going to be a very very good pitchers. Duel wheeler's loss has been down a bit in spring, training but the numbers still look good in terms of a run prevention. Standpoint we know What streider's, done fully tuned up. BULLPENS i know everybody's really really excited to see these offenses go to, work but it might have to be the day after because he Got streider Against wheeler second and third best pitchers In Major League baseball for, Me cole now, hurt so probably first and. Second this is a pitcher's, duel AND i cannot wait to Hear, Trier strier And schreider's gonna give it to. THEM i think he's gonna. DOMINATE i got braids good score.
Speaker 2: Prediction i'll just be doing. It i'll go three to. TWO i was gonna say two to. One i'll go three two just to be. Different BUT i love to to one happy First Cal Quantrill day of the.
Speaker 1: YEAR i, mean it's a little nerve racket considering The divabacks put up, sixty it gets.
Speaker 2: Free you lited. Up, yeah but they got all the runs out of the. Way, yeah they got all the runs out of the. Way, Uh rockies. Wins i'll go fourteen, zero fourteen Zero. Rockies. Yeah tovar has an EIGHT rpi day Fift uh you know what fifteen is?
Speaker 1: Fair, okay just do the merch. Thing get yourself some just baseball merch. People you probably are, like, Well, peter are you wearing? Merch for all those watching on, YouTube Obviously i'm wearing my just baseball T jack's not wearing. Shit of course he's Not don't be Like. Jack now he's putting it. On he's a freaking. Poser don't be Like. Jack go get your merch in the episode description and if you've enjoyed the, show please rate and review five, stars whether it be On spotify Or Apple, podcast subscribe on. YouTube we're, tired but it's a good tired and we'll see you On monday. Again remember we're back to five days a.
Speaker 2: Week That's jack.
Speaker 1: Mcmallan I'm Peter. Apple and with, that thank you for