Speaker 1: Worrying.
Speaker 2: Today's episode contains some amount of spoilers.
Speaker 3: For the MCU. Ab out of it at large, ever heard of it?
Speaker 2: Hello, my name is Jestepso and I'm Rosy night, and welcome back to x ra Vision, the podcast where we dive deep into your favorite shows, movies, comics of pop culture, comedy from my heart, where we're bringing you three episodes.
Speaker 4: Weekless in today's episode, through thirty seven movies, seventeen TV series, three television specials. While we used to dream of days like this, we monkey paused ourselves. The MCU has introduced a lot of villains, Unfortunately they have not all been memorable. So in today's episode of Impending Doomsday, we will be investigating the one hundred plus villains we probably won't see in Doomsday, and we'll pick our six villains to stick around who we would relaunch our MCU with. Then we'll be keep recasting and killing the rest of the MCU villains that you probably won't see, And as always, we'll end with a little theorizing, little discussion, and a little conversation about where the MCU can go next.
Speaker 5: Yet it's ongoing villain problem.
Speaker 3: So here we go. It's the villains.
Speaker 2: We are, of course, still a few months away from Avengers Doomsday releasing December eighteenth, the next big MCU event that's not brand new day, but with so many major players spread across movies and TV each month, we're going to be diving into characters to prepare you for that. It's part of our impending Doomsday series, and of course Doomsday we expected to close the book on, along with Secret Wars, to close the book on many of our longtime favorites asterisk, as long as the movies after that aren't in trouble and they don't need to break the emergency glass once again. But we expect that to be the case. And so today we're gonna be discussing the villains of the MCU, and oh my god, super producer Aaron has compiled a master list.
Speaker 5: A list.
Speaker 2: You have some one hundred plus villains, many of whom I mean, I would I would argue the vast majority of whom we are not going to see in dooms Eva. But Aaron, do you want to just run through some of your favorite villains and some notable.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, who shadow you the most?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we are not going to say my god, I do not remember these.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are quite a few. So I went through and pulled each villain that I could for every movie, every TV show, every TV special, everyone from you know, a big villain like Ultron to a not so big villain like Manucci. So this is this is spanning the entire mc u uh, and I broke them down into categories. We've got a ton of tech and science villains. We have shady government agencies, we have street level villains. We've got organized crime. We've got villains who were driven by some ideology. We have a couple of villains who've been rehabilitated to some extent. You know your abominations, your your bulls eye. I guess you could say we've got his guardian villains for sure. We have Hydra, We've got the cosmic villains, and we have a big chunk of mystical magical villains who have ranged from Doctor Strange films to Agatha all along. So there are a ton of options here for us.
Speaker 4: Aaron I go to say, I think even the deep cuttist of our listeners and me and Jason ourselves, I don't think any of us could have named all of these if you had enough found them like the insane, incredibly deep, and this is to be really fun.
Speaker 1: Now I'm gonna just give you a quick recap on where we last saw each of these villains. Some of them we probably will never see again, but you know what, here we go. So within the tech and science, we start off with Iron Manger last sight seen being electrocuted to death by the arc reactor prototype. Then Aldret's Killian and the Extremist soldiers. They took a rocket to the face and Killian was disintegrated whiplash. He self destructed himself justin Hammer is being secretly held in Seagate Penitentiary. Ultron was vaporized by a vision but he is set to return in Vision Quest, so we do know that he should be back. Ulysses Claw he was betrayed by Killmonger, Yellowjacket, was crushed into subatomic size, became Modoc, worked for Kang, betrayed Kang, and then in his dying moments, he was like, I'm an Avenger now I don't want to be the one to tell him. But he didn't make it into the Avengers, sorry Modoc culture. He was arrested after he fought with Spider man on the beach. He had a brief alliance with Morbius. That's never a good thing. He's probably not coming back Shocker. He was webbed up by Peter and found by a bunch of school children and then arrested. Although we did just see Schocker's gauntlet being used in the most recent Brand New Day teaser, so he could have parts of his equipment coming back.
Speaker 5: Interesting Tatari technology question.
Speaker 1: M Tinkerer is actually still out there, tinkering. I don't know where he went. He escaped and he's good Mysterio killed by his own Drone, Green, Goblin, dot Cock, Sandman, Lizard, Electro. They were all sent back to their respective raimy vers or weberverse. Samuel Stearns was imprisoned on the Raft and Red Ghosts and the super Apes. Where were they last seen? Never? We never saw Red ghost I'm still upset about that. Give me John Malcovich.
Speaker 4: I also want to say that was just eighteen of the Yellens guys, Aaron found one hundred and ten.
Speaker 1: So we will we will not go through all of that crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as we go through this, Jason, why don't you explain how we're gonna dig into these characters.
Speaker 2: The incursions are coming, the timelines are gonna be destroyed and collapsed, and the MCU is gonna be rebooted in some form or fashion.
Speaker 3: So we have created six.
Speaker 2: Protection slots, six slots for six Infinity stones, and these are the characters that you are going to protect to not be wiped out through cosmic incursions. And you're gonna build your multi phase arc with these villains in mind post incursion. And here are the slots. There is the Big Bad, so this is like your Thanos level threat. There is the Henchmen. So imagine you know how Loki was kind of the big Bad for the first phases and then up to Avengers Marvels the Avengers, but really he was the guy in front of the real guy in his fanos. That's your henchmen, magic self explanatory, your magic villain, street level, your kingpins, your hands, your et cetera, your your muses variant. This is like your flex pick. You can you can select any MCU character and then invent imagine a variant villain from that character, and then cosmic space obviously, your your celestials, your eternal in the Accuser Roan and the Accuser et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. After we do our picks, we will then pitch our arc to the audience.
Speaker 4: Ah, I love, I love to theorize a little mc I also think this is a great angle to do it through Jason because one of the conversations will have later is like, villains have often been a problem for the MCU, especially post fanl They feel disposable, Right, how do you bring one back? So I kind of love that we're going to be answering the question that we will later be asking.
Speaker 5: But yeah, this is going to be.
Speaker 4: Crazy because to pick only six out of that one hundred and ten list, there's so many crazy ways you can go with it. And if you look to the comics like who you bring in, you're going to be able to talk about the heroes.
Speaker 5: That's a really, really fun one.
Speaker 1: Okay, I believe Jason won our last auction draft, So Rosie, why don't you go first?
Speaker 4: Well, thank you. I would just like to say I was the one who won the last auction draft.
Speaker 1: For you first one.
Speaker 4: I ever wont so fuck your Okay, no, no, So let Jason go first.
Speaker 1: All right, First up, we're going to go through our cosmic and space level villains. Now, this is a big list. We have everyone from the Chatari to run in the Accuser, and then on the other end of it we've got Galactus and bah Uh. But then in the middle we still have you know, Taser Face and so like, there are a large number of villains here. We don't want to forget Gravic too from Secret Invasion, who was killed by Gia. But you know, Jason, you're gonna pick first who is your cosmic villain that you want to keep around.
Speaker 2: My cosmic villain is going to be Ultron, cowering to I am going to adapt tech the yes, it's a no, but we don't have tech.
Speaker 1: We don't know it's Oh good point, good point.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, I see. Sorry, what's going to be my first pick?
Speaker 2: And so I am adapting the Annihilation Conquest comic arc, which Annihilists unleashes like waves of insect like drones to you know, wipe out galaxy after a galaxy. But instead it's going to be Ultron. So this is coming on the heels of Vision Quest. Ultron is seemingly destroyed, but in fact he has sent his brain waves out in his space where he has rebuilt himself in a new and disturbing new form, and you're gonna see how this first piece, although it won't theoretically be the first piece in my phases, plays into a larger theme that I'm working towards. So Ultron is my space cosmic tech threat.
Speaker 1: Love that, and we saw we saw Ultron be a cosmic level threat in the first season of What If I Think.
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely yeah, where he become yeah, I mean infinity kind of. Ultron became such a legendary part of the canon after that. And also, like I was honestly gonna he was up there for me as one of my big bats, because I just do think in the comics says so much you can draw from. So that's painful, but that means I'm gonna have to go big. So just to make sure that I have a player who is equitable to that, both storyline wise and power wise, I will be keeping Galactus, the Eater of Planets. He's one of the most iconic characters created by Jack Kirby and stan Lee, so many incredible connections, also a lot of fun to be had depending on how you want to pose him. Is he truly the big bad in this world or is he gonna get beaten by squirrel Girl. I think there's a lot of fun you can have there, so yeah, I will be keeping the big Purple Boy. I don't think he's been done justice on screen yet, so let's do it. Let's make him my cosmic guy.
Speaker 1: It will be interesting when we get to the next section and we do keep recast kill. I personally think Ralph Innison was incredible as Galactus, but we'll see. We'll see how we feel, all right. Next up, we have the variant Now, Jason, do you want to explain variance here for us?
Speaker 2: So variance is you know we've seen most notable through the Deadpool films. Variant versions of characters exist, and there are infinite numbers of them, so this is kind of like again, this is like the flex pic. You can select any character and imagine a variant evil version of them and introduce them into our world. For this, I'm gonna select now this is this is tangled because I don't know if this character will show up, and I and I actually think it he might. But I'm gonna select the maker aka Evil read Richards.
Speaker 5: From the future, fucking sick choice.
Speaker 2: Ultimate from you know, Ultimate Invasion, the Ultimate Universe read Richards. He wears that funky kind of one piece helmet and he's just a very very evil, very very brilliant man. And that is my variant level threat.
Speaker 4: WHOA, that is an incredible choice. I love that entire arc.
Speaker 5: It is a really fun one.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think about a kind of like Robert Downey junior level recontextualization because I feel like, you know, that is such a crazy recasting to have him be both Iron Man and Doom.
Speaker 5: So who am I thinking of from.
Speaker 4: The MCU that I am gonna make into a villain.
Speaker 5: I think one of the best things about the MCU is.
Speaker 4: That is already so much kind of duality in characters and in good versions and bad versions, and people like Scarlet Witch. Is she a villain? Is she not a villain? So I'm going to take a character who is actually generally very chirpy and fun who I don't think we're going to get to see comeback, so I would love to see her reimagined.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go for Tatiana Maslani.
Speaker 4: She Hulk, but as like a I love Paul Kavarian like Maestro level, like crazy villainous. She can control her anger, she can control her villainy, and she is like I'm thinking about, who could arguably, you know, be a read Richard's level intelligence and strength. And obviously she's not fully up there, but we do know she's really clever. She's a lawyer, she's got that legal mindset. I think a machiavellian evil Red she Hulk could be pretty badass. So I think that's that's who I'm reimagining there as my variant.
Speaker 1: And keep her as I would keep.
Speaker 4: She's fantastic, she can do like, she can do it and also as well, like let's see some fucking body horror ship. Let's see some like Gray Hulk, you know, immortal Hulk ass like scary fucking hulk horror ship. Like, I think she could do it, great Paul with the awful Black Aaron. I mean, she's shown her range.
Speaker 1: All right. Next up is street level, and this I think can contain organized crime as well. This contains everyone from Batrock who was shot and killed by the power Broker. Finally we got leap Frog, speaking of she Hulk, who ripped it and ripped it right out the window into the street where he broke his legs and is now in jail. We have someone who's below street level with Moleman. We've got organized crime. We have a Sunny Birch if you remember from ant Man in the Wasp who was arrested and as he was arrested revealed his restaurant has a bunch of health code violations. We got we got wehn Wu, we got Shoe Sha Ling eleanor Bishop who was fought for Parents of the Year as.
Speaker 5: She mayro Mosque maybe question.
Speaker 1: And everyone like Parker Robbins too the hood.
Speaker 5: I loved Tim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Jason, where are you going to go with your street level villain.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with the hell Fire Club.
Speaker 5: And that's good.
Speaker 2: But now the wrinkle being and I'm going to explain this fully in my pitch, the Parker Robinson's the hand. All these other groups are gonna be quite present in on my kind of street level epics that connect to the.
Speaker 3: To the larger plot.
Speaker 2: But at the center of it all, we're going to discover the hell Fire Club is back there making moves. We love that, providing funding, doing various shady things that I will describe later.
Speaker 3: The hell Fire Club my street level.
Speaker 5: We love the hell Fire Club.
Speaker 4: Those good I like, I'm glad you're like leaning into some x Men here. I was tempted to just only pick X Men adjacent villains so I could just pitch an X Men thing, but I was like, that's just so predictable for us. I know immediately who I'm going to go for here, because I do think it is, in my opinion, one of the most interesting unanswered threads. It's not Harry Styles as Thanos's brother that everyone knows.
Speaker 5: I loved that insane piece of fan casting.
Speaker 4: No, I wanna I'm going for a Jujai Lingu, a Shanchi's sister. She's a total badass. She's in charge of the fucking ten rings. I want to see how that shit goes down. I'm already envisioning my MCU phases essentially as like different genres, because I think that's what they've done so well. So my street level stuff is definitely gonna be like seventies Kung Fu influence, a little bit of Wooziah Daughters of the Dragon, like that's my that's gonna be that genre for that phase, for that space, And obviously, like with she Hulk, we're getting a little bit of horror galact It's gonna be a little bit of more of that cosmic kind of big action that the MCU need. So yeah, but I just she was so fantastic. I think about how fucking badass that if you look at all of the post credit scenes and you actually just played them in a row, that is one of the ones that is just the coolest standalone. Don't need to know shit about the character, don't need to know who Globshito is or whoever the person is, Like you just fucking you watch it and you're like, wait, she's like a sexy lady on a throne who you know is a badass martial arist and she has all these hot like young criminals around her, Like this is cool, you know.
Speaker 5: So I think it stands as one of.
Speaker 2: The best Star Wars universe, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, Next up is Mystical and Magic. So from the Mystical Magic, we have a ton of Doctor Strange villains Causilius Morto. Then we've got people like Agatha Harkness. Uh, We've got from Shangxi, We've got the Dweller in Darkness, We've got Sinister Strange, we've got Najestin's is marvel Ahma and Arthur Harrow who last seen stuck in Arthur Harrow's body, and then you know, Jake Lockley took him outside and sent him to the farm of the side of the country. We got me Fisto. We've got real doll aka Death still at large. So Jason, what do you where are you looking for? Mysticorn magical villain?
Speaker 2: I am this is my continuity pick. I want to make sure that there are some threads that survived the incursion. And it makes sense to me that magic and a different multi dimensional threat, a threat that resides in a different place in the natural world, would maybe survive these incursions. And so I am selecting kath On, the other guy who wrote the Dark Hold as my magic.
Speaker 5: Jason bringing people who are not even on the list.
Speaker 1: Can I please mention.
Speaker 3: But that was he should have been there.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm not complaining. I like that there's more villains.
Speaker 4: I just want to say that there's actually more than one hundred and ten villains.
Speaker 5: Guys. I like that one. I like that one.
Speaker 1: All right, Rosie, what about you for your magic?
Speaker 4: Well? This is it's great for me because I was worried that mine and Jason's complimentary tendencies here would spite me in the BART, But no, I had a couple here who were my big go tos.
Speaker 5: But I think for me.
Speaker 4: Always, she's always been at the heart of what the MCU does best. And I think as a continuity pick as someone that I would choose to be and to keep as like a face. I'm gonna go Scarlet Witch. I think you could bring her back as a true villain. I think you can also then have the potential for redemption arc. I also think it's kind of interesting to see a little bit of like, you know, Scarlet Witch, sheeholk. Like it's very women heavy here, but in a genre focused way. It's not gonna be like, don't smile, Captain Marvel, like hashtag girl boss join the Air Force. It's gonna be like, let's just see these women doing some weird shit, which I think we all enjoy.
Speaker 3: I love that pick. I really heavily considered.
Speaker 5: Right, I knew you would of I knew you would have.
Speaker 1: I love both of these universes so far, not even at Henchman in Big Bad like right, That's the coolest.
Speaker 4: Thing is that's so much fun to be had in the weird smallness of it all.
Speaker 1: And I was I was so sure one of you would pick my Fisto because of the kunst and sex men, because of how he could keep going. So he will be good, He'll be a.
Speaker 2: Good Yeah, it will be yes, all right, henchman. Okay, this is an important role. This I'm eager to see if Rosie redefines it, which, of course, you know, you people can make the argument that they want to make for what this means to them. To me, this means the kind of sort of anti hero care do you forget how like crazy, ruthless and evil Loki was and now you love him.
Speaker 4: Right and not see Camp survived to like say he would have bow to him and lo, he was gonna kill him before.
Speaker 5: The Avengers showed up. Like he was not a good guy, always.
Speaker 3: Attack New York.
Speaker 2: Luckily a unrealistically low amount of people were killed in that vicious attack on New York City, but like he engineered that whole thing, you know, kill stabbed Colson in the back. He was he's a bad guy, but then you love him. And so with that in mind, my henchman, the guy in front of the guy Eric Lyncher Magneto.
Speaker 4: I sweat to fucking god, Jason then fucking X Men asked, bitch.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be the bad guy for phase one.
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean understandable.
Speaker 3: You know, he's pissed.
Speaker 2: He's like enough of this, he's had enough of the humans and they're messing around and their experiments and their exploitation, and he's gonna do something about it, and somebody our heroes are gonna have to figure out how to stop them.
Speaker 3: Magneto.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, honestly, I've been reading a lot of really interesting takes about Magneto, and Magneto is right like currently and how it reads currently. So I think it's time for a magne ovillain ark. I'm very interested about that.
Speaker 3: He's still gonna be right, you know what, He's gonna be bad.
Speaker 5: Hey, look, man, you can be right and bad.
Speaker 4: It's one of the biggest moral issues of the of the current time.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: So for me, uh, this is a big choice because I think that people forget like Loki was not some like beloved character like Loki was most famous in comic shops for being like carried away by some ants, you know, like having a funny helmet, like you know, the fact that he's like a shape shifter, like he is a silly billy.
Speaker 5: But they did a great casting.
Speaker 4: And also I think as much as we you know, we do kind of laugh about the first or movie or whatever, the Kenneth Browner of it or the Shakespearean element, I think brought something to it with Tom Heddleston casting that made the character so iconic.
Speaker 5: I do think recently we have had a casting.
Speaker 1: That is that good.
Speaker 4: But I don't think that she got the chance to really come out of the characters so and I think a lot of people who aren't as much into the TV shows and stuff could basically see this as her first introduction. So for me, it's gonna be a Ravona renslayer. She is gonna be my Henji. It's a connection to Kang without Kanging, but there was always the chance of her doing her as Kang because that was in the comics. I also just think that having a cosmic, badass, space killer space princess, we haven't really seen that in the MCU. It's a little bit of Guardians of the Galaxy, which we know people love. And also she does have the ability and the kind of cosmic timey wimy jump you know, ability the timeline stream jumping, that she can be a very formidable kind of first phase villain. Like they wouldn't really know what to do with her. They're still struggling with the timeline. We know, posting cursion, things are going to be extra fucked up, so she could pop up as Ravona and people not know who she is a kind of more princess version. But yeah, I think she's going to be a really fun kind of player in that low key role for sure.
Speaker 3: I love that. That's great.
Speaker 1: All right, big bad the end of your fit, your things?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who is it?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 1: Jason? Just a quick reminder for everyone. You took Ultron as your cosmic villain, The Maker is your variant, The hell Fire Club is your street level Kathan the writer of the Dark Hold is your magic and Magneto as your henchman. Crazy, Who's your big bad? Who is? Who is? Who is this Stanos level threat?
Speaker 3: I am selecting if you pick someone on this. Let's understand that. I just want to say this.
Speaker 2: Let's just understand first of all that the Fox x Men universe is part of the MCU.
Speaker 5: Now, oh, my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, right, and ad the and and this is a character that has appeared on screen, and so in my mind, when the incursions happen, everything is like X Men animated series, all the Fox x Men films, x Men ninety seven, like all that shit is getting destroyed, and we are saving characters from all of those things Animated, X Men, Avengers, original, Fox, Sony Disney now owned.
Speaker 3: And so my big bad.
Speaker 1: Mojo right, No, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: I am picking.
Speaker 2: I am picking Nimrod Slash the Master Mold shut up as my big bad Okay.
Speaker 5: Can I just say I want to.
Speaker 4: Say Jason made these rules based on this list, and that picked a bunch of people who would nod the list. But I'm okay with it because I will also do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could do it. We knew that we could give.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I know it is. But he's not on the list, guys, yes.
Speaker 3: Like we know he exists. Yes, Okay, you know we wanted to be clear. I don't want to be clear that you can go off list.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I am very excited to hear you explain this one because this is like such a good comic book pull and.
Speaker 5: I love it. It's gonna be so fun.
Speaker 3: So just to explain Nimrod.
Speaker 2: Master Mold, he is a highly advanced sentinel from the future. He's like the ultimate evolution of the sentinels.
Speaker 3: It's like uh.
Speaker 2: And the master Mold is another form of sentinel machine that's like a sentient sentinel factory that just like is is making sentinels like NonStop and is uh and it is very.
Speaker 3: Hard to deshore it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, Rosie, I'm excited for your big bad.
Speaker 4: Okay, So my big bad is I'm going again. This is another TV one from the list because I do just think the thing was so good. It was as good as Google as in Ravona, but she definitely got less to do. I also think we know she has the chops to be like a lead, but she's also good in that kind of Josh Brolin esque like just showing up every fifteen or ten minutes. This is also another reason I went for Ravona, because I think that Ravona represents like that cosmic element and this I'm definitely.
Speaker 5: Doing a little bit of like a you.
Speaker 4: Know, history rhymes kind of situations here. So my big bad for this is gonna be uh reoverdal Aka death because the big bad in the first mc phases were Standos. This is gonna be kind of like Death taking her kind of reconsideration of what the MCU looks like after how Fanos failed her. We can use it as a little retcon that maybe she was involved.
Speaker 5: I think there would be a lot of fun there.
Speaker 4: And also I think you need someone who essentially has a new kind of power. That's why I loved your Nimrod one because the MCU has been existing off essentially like godlike powers. We've got the as Guardians, we've got the cosmic you know, but we haven't There's certain things we haven't necessarily seen yet. We haven't really seen true sentinels in the MCU. We haven't seen like an organic you know, Nimrod esque kind of like why does this exist?
Speaker 5: Mystery?
Speaker 4: The eternals sort of promise that, yeah, And I think the same with Rio. This is like a level to essentially have Death be your villain and to be in control of your universe ally, you know, almost sort of like dark Side at the center of the absolute universe, causing a lot of harm. I think this could be a fun way to kind of like essentially at that third phase or whatever reveal why there are almost these like battle World esque kind of genre spaces, and it's to do with like how a bad emotional regulation, right, Like the way that her fucking emotions are impacting the universe I think could be really interesting.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that's my girl.
Speaker 4: She's I think if it wasn't Aubrey Plaza, there's no way I would have picked that character. But that casting was like so fucking good that you could see her pop up twenty minutes in every movie for ten years. I'd love if she got that check, you know, like how much is Thanos really in those movies if you count it? Like, I would love to see Aubrey getting that kind of crazy check. And also the characters that she can then you know, bring in or bring back are so.
Speaker 1: Fun and Rio undefeated in the MCU right now, she based off against Agatha, who's sacrificed. So basically, yeah, all right, let's throw to an ad and when we come back, we'll have each of you pitch your multi phase arc and then we'll do a quick round of keep recast killed and.
Speaker 4: We'll be back.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're back.
Speaker 2: Are we ready to pitch on Jason Hear. Okay, Secret Wars is over. The universe has been put back together, and everything's normal.
Speaker 3: There's just one problem.
Speaker 4: Mhm.
Speaker 2: The maker read Richards from the Wrong Universe, survived the incursions, survived the remaking of the universe, and in fact curated this new universe with the idea that superpowered people would never emerge again. He's going to make sure that that doesn't happen again. He's going to preside over a universe of just like normal fucking people. That's it as normies. To do this, he partners up with or creates, perhaps Nimrod master Mold from his records from the previous from the Other Dimensions, and gives Nimrod master Mold the mission to just in case any superpowered folks, special people, enhanced individuals, government experiments gone wrong show up, your job is to take them out, you know, and do whatever on the ground. You have the hell Fire Club, Sebastian Shaw, Emma, the whole Inner Circle. They are mutants that are underground. They're keeping their identities very very secret because they understand like the oppressive system that sits above them, and they are profiting off of this system. By basically like funding. They're like defense contractors. They're like selling saology. Yeah, like selling sentinal technology, spreading it to governments, like all of that stuff.
Speaker 3: Nobody understands it. They're mutanes.
Speaker 2: Then of course the X gene is blooming, right, kids are flying, kids are with glowing eyes. All of that stuff is happening. It gets away from uh, the Maker and the master Mold. Like the Maker is not able. He really thought like, oh, I've done it. I've created this world where like there's no super hard people.
Speaker 3: But he's wrong. They start emerging.
Speaker 2: This triggers the master Mold to start doing you know, building sentinels and builds Nimrod, of course, and this brings the Maker into conflict with his own creation. It's like a Frankenstein issue. They're they're like arguing about, you know, like because the Maker is just like I just want to rule this universe quietly from the shadows and do everything.
Speaker 3: I don't want any conflict.
Speaker 2: I just want to exactly let me, let me just be in charge. But the master Molds like, no, I sense mutants. I must like kill kill, kill kill kill. Magneto appears and he's like sick of this shit. He's sick of the government experiments. He's sick of mutants being snatched off the street and disappeared. He's sick of these this new thread of the Sentinels that have appeared on the scene, and he, from his lair and asteroid m in orbit above Earth, strikes out in terroristic fashion, you know, refashioning the gravitational waves of the Earth all that, you know, like crashing satellites, doing all this crazy shit. He is, actually, it will be revealed, working for though he doesn't know it. He's like master molds like like a false flag event to turn people against mutants, like in a massive way. You're not going to have to do it at some point, right, And so he's like he will come to realize that at a certain point. Then beneath everything, like kind of off to the side, but like but interwoven with everything is Kathan, the Elder Guard god who wrote the Dark Hold. Right, this is gonna intersect with with Wanda. There'll probably be some magic from the new Mutants intersecting with this. He's like the chaos variable that the maker can like not control because he's from a different dimension and magic resists technology, and like Nimrod and the Master Mold can't even deal with him. So it's just like this chaotic variable that shakes things up. And then in the end game there's gonna be the cosmic threat appears. This is gonna be Ultron, who didn't die after the events of Vision Quest or whatever he had sent himself to space comes back as technology, and you have this like overarching theme of like technological killers. It's like Ultron, the Master Mold, Nimrod. Are they going to work together? Are they going to work separately? Does Ultron try to hack the Master Mold. There's like a lot of different variables happening. And then somehow our assembled heroes will defeat Nimrod the Master Mold and you know Ultron somehow, although maybe that'll take place in space.
Speaker 4: Will that be like a will Ultron and Master Mold like become one at any point, because I feel like I got to see it, like an Ultron mind into master Mold or something like.
Speaker 2: Well, my I think in my mind, what I'm thinking is like Ultron is in space and he's been building like drones of himself, but it takes like a fucking long time. Then he senses that there is this sentient machine that is just pumping out sentinels and it's the answer to his to his scaling problem.
Speaker 3: He can if he can like take over the Master Mold.
Speaker 4: Yes, he can.
Speaker 3: Hump about Ultron drones one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: So there is that tension within this, uh you know, kind of epic epic drama between the heroes and the villains, and so you know this is going to be mainly an ex Men's story, but the Avengers are going to be involved and they're gonna have to team up to take down these threats. At some point, Nimrod and the Master Mold kill the Maker. They just kind of licker, like enough with your thank you for making this world, but you're gone. And then also at a certain point, when Magneto realizes that he's been had and he was like the false flag for the Master Mold, he flips and becomes the good a good guy along with the rest of the X Men and Avengers and then fights fights the evil machines. Okay, that's my imagining new phases like Ultron speaking to Master Mold, and that's the Drake Liliati meme where.
Speaker 1: He's assembly lines. All right, Rosie, what's your pitch for your your six chosen villains. Remind us one more time who you've got to I've got my cosmic as Galactus.
Speaker 5: My variant is she Hulk.
Speaker 4: My street level is Jaijai Lang from the tem Rings and the Tim Rings and shang Chi Scarlet Witch obviously the Queen. We also have a Ravona Renslayer as the Henchman, and our big bad is Reovid our Death. So this is post Secret Wars. Everything's dead, no one knows what's happening with the MCU, So we're going big. We're gonna pitch the first movie as it's called Happily ever After, and it's like we got We're gonna say this. We're gonna be like, look, we gotta work out what's happening with the next phases. We don't want to end up in a situation like with Phase five and six, like we're gonna take our time. So this is just a nice little like Old Universe type movie of like what if things worked out?
Speaker 5: But the truth is that's not the case.
Speaker 4: What's gonna happen is we will open first movie and it's essentially like what if everything is good for everyone?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: So like Peter and MJ are still together. You get your twenty minutes, and then you.
Speaker 4: Pull out and you realize that essentially you kind of have Lactus and Scarlet Witch who are combining their powers to kind of create this fake version of what is going on on Earth, and that would be a cold open twenty minutes in when you realize, like, fuck, actually things are not good. Like you get your twenty minutes, it's a little house of them, right, But we're not fully going there because that.
Speaker 5: Includes a lot over of stuff to be dealing with. But what we will do is we're leaning into.
Speaker 4: Scarlet, which is reality warping powers here, and she is being convinced to do this because if she does this for the world, she can do it to have her babies, right, It's the thing that always drives her. So we will get to see that in this world people don't have superpowers. But we will see that Giling and the Ten Rings is running the street, and we will see that there are kind of these street level characters, your loot Cage's, your Daughters of the Dragons, who are coming out in this kind of more street level, lower budget sort of way where people are going to go Okay, so we're getting a bit of that Marvel street level we never got. But then obviously the big thing that will happen here is that by the end of our first kind of phase well and really the first movie, people on the ground will start to realize that it's not real, you know, that this is a post incursion kind of situation where they're being mind manipulated. We will then pull out to the next phase, which is essentially where when that is revealed, Renslayer and Galactus will make their move onto Earth and they will start to kind of, you know, lay down the cosmic laws about what's going to happen. And then eventually, you know, that is when you really get into your kind of She Hulk is essentially like a hunting dog for Scarlet, Witch for Ravona, and she is just going around like finding people who have powers, killing them. She's going crazy. She's controlled by the gamma radiation. Of course, hopefully at some point she will be able to break free of that and turn into more of an ally, and eventually you will find out that all of this is just you know, it's just Rio wanting her half a million billion bodies that Thanos never gave to her, and she's kind of resentful of it, she's mad about it, and she's kind of trying to reshape the world in her own vision. But I think what's more interesting and defines it a little bit from the Thanos story, is like, this is really focused on Earth. It's focused on the people Rio knows, the heroes we know. It's not a universal thing, it's not a galactic thing. This is like a personal mission for her, and it can go cosmic. I mean, we have Galactus, but I think bringing it back down to one planet, one place where all of our heroes that we want to introduce are is going to help with a little bit of that MCU sprawl. And I would imagine that as sort of like a three phase plan where at the end you reveal you know your big bad is Rio, say you're six seven years into it in my dreams, Then I think you could also, And this is gonna lead into our next conversation. But then also, like who doesn't want to see Death and Rio together, Like Rio and Thanos together, you know, that's a you pull in those big guns later for that eventual story. So yeah, that's that's where I'm That's where I'm at that's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be a.
Speaker 4: Little like horrory revenge cosmic won Division inspired kind of run through of almost a way to recontextualize I guess phases five and six two when I look at the characters I picked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's super fun.
Speaker 1: I love the idea of like potentially having Doomsday and then Secret Wars, and then at the end of Secret Wars it's like the Avengers will turn in Avengers happily ever after. I love, Right, that's just shadowed silly, But then.
Speaker 4: You know the cold open twenty minutes, you know it will be happily never after, or it will be like, you know, Death's revenge or whatever silly kind of headline you wanted to.
Speaker 5: But yeah, that was so good.
Speaker 4: Okay, guys, let's go to a break and when we come back, we'll do a little bit of keep Recast Kill about the rest of those crazy villains.
Speaker 6: Eh, and we're back, all right.
Speaker 1: So I have highlighted three villains from each of our sections that I want you to pick keep Recast Kill. So first off, we're gonna go tech in science. Our keep recast Kill is justin Hammer Modoc and the leader.
Speaker 4: For me, I'm definitely recasting Modoc. I'm sorry to that man, but that's like that is just one of the biggest misses for me. I love that character, scary character, kill the Leader. Sorry to that man. Also, Yeah, and then I think keep Justin Hammer. That's such a fucking fantastic casting, and Rockwell kills it and we all want to see him come back.
Speaker 2: You were discussing, of course, Cory Stall, who I thought was wonderfully demented as Yellow Jacket slash Darren Cross. But I agree with you there from the moment of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was not Yeah, it's not your fault, Corey, it was the script.
Speaker 1: Uh, Jason, who do you?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: If you want to pick for Keeper Gay.
Speaker 3: Let's try it. Let's try ideologically driven.
Speaker 1: Okay, ideologically driven, keep recast kill we have kill Monger, Can the Conqueror and Cassandra Nova.
Speaker 2: Sh oh fuck hmm, Okay, I am going to keep kill Monger.
Speaker 5: I think correct.
Speaker 2: Among the he is they were right villains in the MCU, He's maybe the most.
Speaker 3: They were right.
Speaker 5: Definitely.
Speaker 2: Obviously I take issue with his methods, but.
Speaker 5: Just the end where he just killed someone. They always do that, the end when a good point.
Speaker 2: I think this fixes a lot of problems. Let's recast King.
Speaker 3: Agree, solve it, Let's just do it.
Speaker 2: We've got a lot of load bearing problems based on the actor cast to play that character.
Speaker 3: So let's just change that.
Speaker 2: And then I am sorry to Charles's twin sister, Cassandra Nova, but I am going to kill her. I think it's just maybe too confusing at this early stage, when we haven't even really introduced Charles proper to then also have Cassandra Nova. So for now we can kill her and then and listen, it's Cassandra Nova.
Speaker 3: She's she'll probably come back, come back.
Speaker 2: She'd come back later when it's when it when people are ready for her.
Speaker 1: Rosie, I have one that's close to your heart now, Cosmic Icarus, the Celestials or Silver Surfer. I'm killing.
Speaker 5: I hate that other fucker. Get rid of him. Don't care that he was part of the first sex scene. Kick him out.
Speaker 4: Arisham and the Celestials, I mean, let's keep him.
Speaker 5: We don't need to recast them. They're good.
Speaker 4: I think I want to know what Arisham's fucking judgment is gonna be, even if no one else does.
Speaker 5: I did my best to.
Speaker 4: Not bring that in because it was just too obvious to bring that in after Anon.
Speaker 1: Cussion got to give you some spot for it.
Speaker 5: Look, I love Julia.
Speaker 4: I think the idea of Shallabal is really cool, but I don't think that they delivered on it. And the Fantastic four. I think that she can come back another time. So let's recast Silver Surfar and keep him in the universe, because that is all them whoever, whichever version you want it to be. I just think a lot of potential there that has yet to be tapped.
Speaker 1: All right, Jason, Shady government and Hydra mostly Hydra really, but Red Hulk, Red Skull, Arnam Zola, keep recast kill.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: I'm going to keep Arnamzola because I'm going computers. I'm going computers, sentinels, tech villains.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 2: I think Zol is his time he needs. He's in desperate need of an upgrade. You know, we can put him on solid state hard drives and not these tape drives, and I think, finally, shrink him down, get him, get him to a manageable size, and I think he can be a fantastic villain. I am going to recast. I'm going to recast the Red Hulk. Yep, it's time because I just feel like, you know, Harrison Ford doesn't seem that interested in anything other than almost killing himself in airplanes.
Speaker 3: Two things he does.
Speaker 2: Love shrinking, right, because you're just like in one place exactly, And it kind of feels like we can do better with the Red Hulk and have a more I don't know, just like have a a person who's more invested. And then that that means we're gonna have to kill the reds.
Speaker 3: Who is already dead.
Speaker 2: Ye, hypothetically, I just feel like the Red Skull, we don't need him in these trees.
Speaker 5: We've done it man, exactly. We don't need a fashion. We've seen it enough times. It's fine.
Speaker 1: And I guess technically Red Skull met Captain America again, probably when Kap was returning the soul Stone, so like he had a conclusion to his story.
Speaker 3: We're Captain is intriguing to see you again?
Speaker 5: He kissing your girlfriend.
Speaker 3: It was a center to a death and yeah.
Speaker 5: There you are kissing.
Speaker 4: I wonder if this will have any ramifications incursion wise, there.
Speaker 3: Is a body down that in this shallow pool of water.
Speaker 1: Do we want to do one more each Okay, yes, okay, Rosie as Guardians okay, Coffie, Hella and Gore oh.
Speaker 4: Woof, Okay, I think let's keep Hella. She was unbelievable. Obviously we love her. You know, she can come back. She's got us of death. That's definitely another one who could come into play with Rio. I would love to see those two together.
Speaker 5: We will.
Speaker 4: Let's kill Louthy even though I do like her like weird, It's just like, let's be real. That would be so may to pick him instead. And you know what, Christian Bale was amazing as Gore. Ye he did a great job, but you know what, let's give someone else a try.
Speaker 5: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: I feel like he did his best, like he's the best part of him and the daughter.
Speaker 5: The love stuff in that movie is like so good.
Speaker 4: It still hits for me, Like it even pays off for me at the end when Thor is raising her, Like I like those kind of empathetic.
Speaker 5: Stories, so I think there's more you can do there.
Speaker 4: I also think God's are fun because you can recast them and you can reimagine them again and again and again.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that's that's my picks for the as gods. Oh, Jason, you got the one that I did not want to get.
Speaker 1: So I'm yeah, mystical and magical. Your three keep recast kill. You got Morto, you Gotsto, and you got Mamu dor Mamu.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'm gonna go. I am gonna go. Keep Morto. I thought he was great and we haven't seen him again.
Speaker 5: And Chip, what'll we love you post backrooms?
Speaker 3: Bring him back, bring him back.
Speaker 2: I love the you know, the the kind of conflict that he had with Strange is really I would love to see him back. You know, they were they were allies, but now they're against each other. It's great, it'd be great. He has like an intimate knowledge of Strange as a guy and knew him before Strange could do any magic at all.
Speaker 5: I think it's great.
Speaker 3: We're recasting my fisto.
Speaker 2: Let's just do it, please, Okay, yeah, let's just recast it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Let's just now. I really struggled here because I thought, maybe we kill Mephisto. But I also feel like people have been there's been there has been so much hype around Mephisto and when he would show up, and now he's shown up and you know, and it was kind.
Speaker 3: Of kind of underwhelming.
Speaker 2: As the as the satanic owner of a pizza shop.
Speaker 3: To have him appear in that way.
Speaker 2: And so we're gonna we're just gonna recast that and and and build some excitement around some new integration with Mephisto within the MCU, and then we are going to do away a ka, kill dor Mamo, who really is cgi anywhere?
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, like that, you can kill him.
Speaker 2: You can get it's there's no face. It's just like a blob face in space. Let's get rid of him. And he very very cool villain. There's always you know, room for like a kid door Mama or something like that later on down the line. But we're gonna have to kill Dormmo and keep recast.
Speaker 1: Sorry about that, Yeah, sorry, bro, I mean that's just another Benedict cumber cumber Patch right voiceovers.
Speaker 5: So I was gonna say, I think he'll be over.
Speaker 3: Let's let's split the last the street level.
Speaker 7: Let's I was gonna say, this is actually the hardest one, all right, Okay, we have task Master Sidewinder and the Hood, keep recast kill.
Speaker 4: This is so hard, Okay, Honestly, none of these are good enough to keep.
Speaker 5: That's the harshest thing.
Speaker 4: But like I think, I think, I think I gotta re I think I gotta I gotta recast task Master. I just feel like there's so much potential, and like I know that there's other people here. Parker Robins could also got recast. Sorry, my guy, but I I love task Master the character. I love the girl version of task Master. I think that's a cool idea. But we never got true toss Master. We never got toss Master who could immediately understand somebody else's powers. Echo was more kind of like that, which was fun. Maybe, you know, I would love to see her. Maybe we get Echo as task Master. They have similar power bases in the comics. Like, I don't know, but I feel like tos Masta has so much potential and is such a fun character, and it was in such a.
Speaker 5: Bleak, grim dark movie with Black Widow that I just don't think we got to have the fun. So I'm stealing recast for tass Master.
Speaker 3: Okay, I am going to keep task Master.
Speaker 2: Actually, I think that I think we just to your point, we didn't get enough. But I like, I like the actor, and I think that we just need more. There's so much more dramatic juice there that we just didn't didn't use, And I would like, I think task Master is a cool character. I think using task Master in the world is like this trainer for hire for villains, and anybody who has more is such as like a cool idea that I would love to see them do. So I'm gonna keep task Master. I am going to recast Parker Robbins the Hood fat sorry, sorry to that man Anthony Ramos a ka the manager of the evil pizza rest that is.
Speaker 3: Owned by the visit.
Speaker 2: But but but I think that it's a cool character that we I don't know, didn't get enough juice with, and I would like to see more from a kind of like magical street level organized crime figure. And then listen, Sidewinder, it's just kind of irrelevant. Sadly, I know well that no one will miss no one will miss the Sidewinder.
Speaker 4: But you see, this is the thing, this is why we split because I agree. I'm actually just gonna.
Speaker 5: Kill the Hood actually because like I just think.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 5: I'm keeping Sidewinder because that is called us uh.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's that's so it's great casting just bring him back in a different movie that's better or a TV show.
Speaker 5: So that would be my picks.
Speaker 4: But this was honestly the hardest section I think with the three that Aaron picked because it's a mess.
Speaker 5: So I think that it was good that we split.
Speaker 4: This one because I do feel like all the options are not great, but there's also a lot of potential which we.
Speaker 2: Lovett Let's make Aaron do one. Okay, I'm gonna do a pick. Okay, you picked the bucket, and then I'll select the villain.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love this.
Speaker 1: A bucket that we didn't do. I mean, let's do Uh. There are a lot of ideologically driven ones. Do that or mystical in Magic?
Speaker 2: I think those are those are Okay, let's do Let's do mystical and magic. Sinister Strange, the dweller in Darkness.
Speaker 5: Torturing him, I know, and.
Speaker 1: Case Oh okay, I will keep Kyilius, I think, because yeah, when you get him in there, I'm going to kill Sinister Strange. That movie just not for you. Yeah. My joke in there was that he battled another Strange. He lost and was thrown out of a window, where he fell onto a fence and was impaled. Meanwhile, I'm on the fence about whether or not I even want to acknowledge this movie. I did not. I did not like that movie. So kill Sinister and I guess, how do you recast the Dweller in Darkness like another CGI floating monster.
Speaker 5: I guess you could.
Speaker 4: I guess is that if you think about like a voice actor or someone that would be really fun, as like the voice of a creature like that that lives in a cave, Like who would you pick.
Speaker 1: A creature that lives in a cave? Can we get can we get Marty to come in and just do voice? Yes?
Speaker 5: He want of my sandwich? One of my sandwich for me?
Speaker 1: I guess. Then you recast Sinister Strange so you actually have some like variant level villain that that could be there, and you kill Dweller in Darkness and keep Kysilius. I think Kysilius it would be great to see him again. I loved his back and forth barbs with Strange in the first movie. That was something that you know, I I don't love mirror match villains. That's one of my probably biggest issues with a lot of Marvel villain stuff and superhero villains in general, and Kysilius was a bit of a mirror match, but I also thought his his attitude was just like good enough that I was okay with that.
Speaker 4: Mickelson and Komba Batch had good kind of thor very good fun chemistry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh that was so fun, Aaron, I liked your picks.
Speaker 1: Good job, awesome, We thank you guys.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break and come back and just briefly discuss what we think about villains in the MCU and how the MCU can solve the so called villain problem. And we're back, Okay, the villain problem. Here's how I would define the villain problem. Tell us, I think the villain problem is primarily the fact that villains there's no middle ground with the villains in comics, right, a villain is defeated and either dies or is sent to jail or is imprisoned in an altered dimension or the negative zone or.
Speaker 3: What have you.
Speaker 2: But they figure out a way to escape and come back and come back stronger. And we have yet to see in the mc U, you know, a real double dip villain, a villain who was defeated and then came back stronger.
Speaker 5: Obvious, right, like you.
Speaker 2: Right, and the problem is yeah right Thanos Thanos. Nonwithstanding, although there's like.
Speaker 4: Some he's the problem that solves the rule that so so a problem. Yes, it's like an interesting situation.
Speaker 2: Part of this problem is that when is our villains can feel very disposable because they get defeated, you know, Morto kay Cilia's like, there's just so many of these Alexander Pierce is rip, but you know, like they're gone, sit well, and they never come back or don't come back from defeat in a way that allows them to still have an impact. And thus it can kind of feel like you're just flipping through villains and that whoever the villain you're gonna see next in a non crossover movie doesn't feel like a big enough threat mysterio. I think there's a great example of I thought, like a really great villain that it would be like, I could imagine a million ways that villain is not dead, right, a trick that he faked death and fooled Peter. So how do we solve this problem in the future phases.
Speaker 4: Ian put a great comment in where he's like the so called age of Ultron it lasted like a week, you know, like it's like that is an issue.
Speaker 5: I think you're right, how do we solve this problem?
Speaker 4: We were having some interesting conversations when we were prepping for this episode, like Marvel has often had a villain problem.
Speaker 5: But the funny thing is, for a.
Speaker 4: Long time, when it came to the movies and stuff, we would say, oh, well, that's because they don't have Galactus. They don't have these huge, tier, top tier s tier villains. Now they have them, and I feel like there's still not one hundred percent sure. I think it also might be a scaling issue, because if you haves who are like god Tia villains, but your heroes are often like more street level or more emotionally grounded, that can feel very unwinnable in a way that can start to feel repetitive if the small guy always wins.
Speaker 2: Right, I completely agree, completely, Like, how is Spider Man supposed to fight Galactus?
Speaker 5: Exactly right?
Speaker 3: That's what's work.
Speaker 4: And in the comics there's a lot more freedom and silliness. The Unbeatable squirrel Girl that's her name, so she always beats him, right, But in the movies you establish these kind of grounded power sets and power leveling and power scaling and who is that?
Speaker 5: Who can shoot this? And how many buildings get destroyed?
Speaker 4: You start to think about it in a way, there's a lot more realistic, and I think that can make it harder to make great villains. I mean, also, I would say this is an oversaturation problem, as we can see from the fact that Aaron found one hundred and ten villains and we didn't even remember to include the Fox villains, right, Like, it's actually insane that there have been over one hundred villains in you know, under one hundred movies.
Speaker 5: Let's put it that way.
Speaker 3: I mean, speaks to the disposability problem.
Speaker 5: Right, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So here's my here's the solution that I have, And I don't think it's a perfect solution, but I think it can help. I think, first of all, more villain Teama. We hardly have any villain team ups honestly, like you have like a boss villain and the various like unnamed or lower level henchmen like we saw with Sidewinder, right yeah, And I think we can take some of the mid tier to higher tier villains and have them all get together and be like, how do we beat these guys, we keep getting beaten like Kingpin. You know, this is obviously pulling from the comics, but like, what if the Kingpin and the Hood and that of the Hand all got together and we're like, we're tired of getting beaten by Matt Murdochoo, we know is the fucking daredevil, Like, let's finally take the city over. And so I think that there is a way to structure the villains so that the more disposable villains are set up as kind of in the way like Loki was set up with Thanos, where they're they're a threat, but they're put in place as chess pieces by other masterminds exactly.
Speaker 5: I think you're right.
Speaker 4: I also would say as well, I think that there is a tendency with the way that comics are viewed, in the way stories are viewed, that they are disposable, that the characters are disposable. Right, That's like the nature of something that was made to be sold to children for twenty five cents printed on newsprint. And I do think you make a great point, Jason. I think a lot no surprise to anyone who's listened to this podcast, but like I think a lot about the Wrecking Crew, right. They were introduced by Cody Zigler, one of our pals. Yeah, in Chihulks, so much fun, so much to do there, But like, that is a group I would follow just in their own show, right, and in that they're basically a one and dune villain, right, And that I think is also another thing is like how do you establish the real lives of street level villains who are driven to try and survive in this MCU world in a way that makes you empathize with them. I mean, look, it's funny because we say they have a villain problem, but look at kill Manga, look at even Flag Smasher, right, a lot of times they actually make these incredible villains who are very, very emotionally resonant, and then they say we'll have them kill six people because we need them to know that evil. So I think that's also a problem.
Speaker 2: I think they need to figure out a way that the villains without making like in a whatever some phase seven or eight Avengers movie part one and part two, before you really get to the big crossover stuff. I think they need to figure out a way that the bad guys can win. This is part of the problem is like that.
Speaker 3: You just like knew that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when when if we had an in when if we had an infinite you wore again.
Speaker 2: You knew they weren't gonna win. Boy, you knew Mortal wasn't gonna win. What you need is like the Masters of Evil to actually beat the Avengers in a story somewhere like comprehensively, like Breakthor's arm, throw Jail out of a window, kill Captain America, killed Jermus, kill somebody, right, and that needs to be the end of.
Speaker 3: Some movie or story.
Speaker 2: There needs to be a real cost in curd by these villains, and we haven't seen that except for the big bad villains who are allowed to kill people. I think you need to allow the medium tier villains to get wins in order to really like solve the villain problem.
Speaker 3: Like the Green Goblin.
Speaker 2: Can't get beaten at the end of every single Spidery like he has to win at some point.
Speaker 3: You have to let him win.
Speaker 2: Or a middle right, it could be a victory for the hero that is so costly that it feels like a defeat.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, they need to figure that out. I totally agree. Okay, Jason. The big question obviously then, because that's kind of our general MCU thoughts and feelings. Do you feel that the Robert Downey Junior Doctor Do is going to extrapolate or help the MCU villain problem, because that is really our biggest question at this point.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's it's I think we're basically doing the same thing we did in the past, which is a little concerning, which is you're the only really villains that matter these crossover level threats, whether it be Thanos or Or or Doctor Doom. And agree, I do think that, you know, I have all the belief in the world as in Robert Downey Junior as a charismatic villain. I think there's bound to be surprises. But I am a little worried that you're setting up a paradigm once again where it's like, okay, and then you beat Doctor Doom, and then.
Speaker 5: What and then exactly right then then who's next?
Speaker 4: Because that's also something I worry about is now they do have these fantastic full villains, they are running through them a fucking expedited race. It's like you already felt this, guys, like calm down before you FLI up something else like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, That's what that's a great point, is like, it would be great if they could have beaten Galactus in a way that felt like not a full defeat. And that's what they're gonna have to figure out in the future is villains that make the heroes pay a cost, and even if you kill them.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is comics.
Speaker 2: We're talking about, can they come back, or can they come back in a different form, and how can they come back or how can their ideological fight live on and inspire others to then become the villains that take that villain's place. You've just got to figure out a way for that threat to feel because to your point, Rosie, I think we've got an escalation a power escalation problem where it's like the only thing that matters is these threats that can destroy all of reality. And it makes it feel as if, you know, obviously Spider Man's going to be a big hit, but it's hard to it's hard to feel like the Green Goblin fucking matters when there's a guy out there that exactly every planet in the Solar System. So we've just got to make those lower level villains more dangerous period. Agree, Well, this was really fun thank you.
Speaker 5: Yes, I love this. Thanks Aaron, Thanks Ian, you killed it. We love Impending Doomsday.
Speaker 2: On the next episode of xtra Vision, We're diving into X Men ninety seven once again, and then Oh Boys, bider Man, Brandy Day, Oh Bye.
Speaker 3: That's it for this episode.
Speaker 2: Boo x ray Vision is hosted by Jason Concepts Young and Rosie Night and is a production of iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 4: Our executive producers are Joel Menique and Aaron Kolefman.
Speaker 3: Our supervising producer is Abuzafar.
Speaker 4: Our produces are Common, Laurent Danjel Nathan and Fey Wack.
Speaker 2: A theme song is by Brian Vasquez, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 4: Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman and Heidi our discord moderator.