Speaker 1: Hoping that we talk back where we encourage you to hustle hard, laugh latter, and always keep it cute. So grab your coffee, cocktail and crown because it's about to go.
Speaker 2: Damn. We're just two unapologetically black women with an opinion who talks back.
Speaker 1: What's up y'all?
Speaker 3: The co host AJ holidays, what's up?
Speaker 1: Hang on?
Speaker 2: I love y'all so so very much. I flashed AJ just I apologize AJ, But that is a good way to start your day. Honestly, it is, you know way to start today. How's your week.
Speaker 1: You damn l G B t Q. I know it's goddamn leave me alone.
Speaker 2: How was your weekend?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't do much this weekend for real, relaxed ketchup on the weekend. I know it's Father's Day, so I did take my two daddies, okay, daddy and my daddy. I took them niggas flowers flowers, but I did order them.
Speaker 2: Niggas don't want flowers.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, there's always this thing online like I'm gonna give your flowers while you alive type shit like, and men always complain that they don't receive flowers. So maybe not my parents, But I dropped the niggas off some flowers a car and I did order them, which probably delivered on Tuesday. I ain't checked with either one of them. These little compress because both of them diabetic. Okay, both of them be wearing compression socks. So I bought like these full leg massage compression little devices off Amazon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like something they can actually use and need, so hopefully they do use them. I know my daddy will. My daddy uses everything, he wears everything, anything I've ever given him. I can see what it done that.
Speaker 2: Makes me happy. What did I do this weekend? Worked and worked out, y'all, I'm almost done. By the time you hear this, I will have one. They left. It was seventy five hard one day. Friday is my last day. I'm going to a party on Friday night, and at this stroke of midnight, I'm going to have a cocktail. At this stroke of midnight while I'm out at this party, this birthday party, I'm definitely gonna have me a drink. I haven't had one in seventy five days, so I'm excited for that. Over the weekend. What did I do? I just I ain't do shit. I really I hung out. I went to a one of my friends, he's a Jamaican guy, and they had like a soccer tournament and it was he invited me, So me and my homegirl went to the soccer tournament and watched out the Jamaican guys play football. Oh, it was very nice to watch. They were so good out there running up and down the field, sweating and shit. It was nice. I enjoyed it. So it was it was too hot. It was too hot, Like, y'all, I think the sun is eventially gonna kill us. I really think that, like this is gonna fry.
Speaker 3: We haven't had a crazy ass hot summer so far, Like I mean, I think it's like it gets the hottest after all the rain. Right, So we had a lot of rain last weekend. It's usually kind of steamy afterwards, real humid and sticky.
Speaker 2: I think the sun is une.
Speaker 3: We still had like us out of here by the time we get nah, not us, not black people in particularly gonna be right. We can't stand the heat and we can't stand to get blacker. But we ain't looked the sun.
Speaker 2: He's given. I'm about to annihilate all of y'all. I'm about to fry y'all up on that little planet, because baby, it was hottest fall this weekend, and it's only you think about August is the hottest month. It's that's scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but we haven't had a whole lot of super hot days.
Speaker 2: You feel like when we did have the hot days, they were hell hot. You better get right with God, That's all I'm saying. That's sad. Don't make you want to do that else, it should make you want to get right with the Lord. Let's get me seen. This just propped up on the docket and I forgot about this, but you know, I was pissed because I don't play about Tyler Perry because he does so much for our community. So this, well, the fucking Derek Dixon filed a two hundred and sixty million dollar lawsuit against Tyler Perry alleged sexual harassment, assault, and retaliation. The lawsuit claims Perry used his power to create a coercive and sexually exploitive dynamic with Dixon. Perry allegedly offered Dixon acting opportunities and later escalated his behavior with inappropriate text messages grow uping in sexual assault. Dixon claims Perry used professional opportunities a part of a quid pro qro arrangement and retaliated with Dixie Dixon resistant sexual advances. Now, Tyler Perry's attorney, Mackie Boy stated that Dixon's claims are fabricated and described them as a scam. Boy it is. Let me tell you something, if you get rich and famous, you just better make sure you don't do shit wrong in life, because somebody is coming to get some of that money. Now. They posted on the Shade Room the conversations that were ad the team Tyler Perry and this Dixon guy.
Speaker 1: And nothing of it.
Speaker 2: None of it sounds sexual at all. Nothing but maybe it was edited. I don't know, you know. I guess we'll see further what this guy's claims are. But Tyler perryin't gonna be nobody's friend no more after.
Speaker 1: This, y'all.
Speaker 3: I'm not one of them people who quick to believe people, you know, when they say, but we can't not you can't just discredit people when they do come up with these things, not immediately until we get all. I don't like them, and nobody rather, you know, it's the person who's complaining or the person who's being accused, right, I don't wanna that. Shit just has to has to play out in court, and hopefully Tyler Perry ends up on the winning side of it all, because we do.
Speaker 1: Ever since the Me Too movement, like you, you.
Speaker 3: Don't know who to trust because we know a lot of things were you know, just conjured up out of thin air, you know, to discredit a lot of black men.
Speaker 1: We hadn't heard anything about Tyler Perry in the past.
Speaker 3: But we also can't put stuff past people because you have to realize that sometimes people don't know when they violate somebody else.
Speaker 1: Because just think about like a work work environment.
Speaker 3: Right, if you like the nigga, yes, harass me, Yeah, harassed me, nigga, I'm harassing you too, you know, But when you don't like them.
Speaker 2: It's harassment. Yeah, it's only harassment if you don't like them exactly.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: So sometimes, like I think, there are some men who men who don't get the They don't get the hint, you know what I'm saying. When they like you, you're automatically supposed to like them. That is a thing, hopefully, I don't know.
Speaker 1: And it's a.
Speaker 3: White man also, right, A fine ass white man, nice looking man, you know, so I don't I don't know, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 2: Well, I just hope I come out on top. Now if he sexually harassed this man sexually harassed seems extremes your text message. I don't know man, just saying just saying you looked good today, saying I like how I liked how you I liked how you wore that dress.
Speaker 3: I like how you were wearing that dress today. Yeah, you cannot negate what somebody determines like sexual harassment is. Like you, it may seem harmless to you, right, but if I can get in court apples, what is this we talked about this ship. Yes, they do owe you a check.
Speaker 1: We were being sexually harassed because or maybe even trafficked because how old were you, like nineteen years old, maybe twenty years old?
Speaker 2: And yeah, they tried to get the fuck the GM.
Speaker 1: Yo and that Listen.
Speaker 3: I'm not laughing because that shit is funny, but yes, it is fucking funny, right, but it's serious.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. That is very serious because why would it a GM the general manager, like did he work at y'all store? Or was he like living.
Speaker 2: He was, Yeah, he was at the store. He was married to a black woman. And the assistant manager was like, Timball, come to the office. I needed to talk to you. She's like, so basically she was like him sex from me because he thinks I'm attractive. And she was like his wife, don't never fuck him. And if you could do that, I make sure you what. I make sure you get the schedule you want. Yeah?
Speaker 1: What was she a black woman too?
Speaker 2: These are white people, both of them. He was white. And she was like, oh my.
Speaker 3: Wow, I forget you thinking about to pop this pussy for apple Bee's schedule, Right, man, I worked there too much, like I ain't even for nothing. Man, you was, you probably would have been owning a couple nasty bees by now if you would have sued, they asked, because.
Speaker 2: I just quit.
Speaker 1: Yes, he tripping.
Speaker 3: Everybody was telling you how that fucking uh? This This lady at a bank. Guy used to work at like customer service. She used to just like like the press her titties on you, like while she's helping you do stuff, her.
Speaker 1: Breast are pressed on you.
Speaker 3: And later on her and and out actually out lesbian got caught having sex in an office in the building and both got fired. But I was being sexually harassed. Imagine you acting abits for some help and like her titties on the back of your neck hot, like literally pressed on you.
Speaker 1: Know, you know, And I probably was like twenty at the time.
Speaker 2: I like, I like soft boots.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, y'all. So uh like a motherly from a white lady.
Speaker 2: I don't care who titties is they like.
Speaker 3: No, this was like some trailer park trash white lady had her titties on me.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: It was nothing, nothing nice, nothing nice. It was straight like bitch.
Speaker 1: If you don't back up.
Speaker 3: Up, well, I gotta tell this fucking forty to fifty year old lady to back up.
Speaker 1: And lady right, nasty ass anyway, So, y'all.
Speaker 3: Woman accused of stealing a wig off a body at Tyler's funeral home. So this happened happened in Tyler, Texas. Uh funeral director reported to the police that someone had taken a wig off a body according to that According to an affidavit, the director said Tanya and Nat Boyd, fifty five, of Jacksonville, had come into a preparation area the day before and.
Speaker 1: Stole the item, It says.
Speaker 3: On Wednesday, an officer with the Tyler Police Department spoke with the director, who said an employee had seen Boyd leaving the garage that connects to the restricted prep room with a reddish brown wig in her hand. The director said they realized one was missing from a body the next day.
Speaker 1: Okay, first of all.
Speaker 2: Why you need this week? Why do you need? Where are you going? You ain't going nowhere? Girl?
Speaker 3: Why didn't set her bond is seventy five thousand dollars for the fucking British brown wig?
Speaker 2: That's what you did? Because why are you steeling from a dead person? That's crazy. That's the next level definitely.
Speaker 3: But imagine getting your getting your family member like a super duper nice twenty six inch bus down and and tan you bring her a dusty ass in there and still like where off your family members head? Now you got to scramble for the funeral the next day to get to get you for the reddish brown a wig?
Speaker 2: Get your people another week? You need this way for you are not going nowhere?
Speaker 1: Tell you said, oh this is nice?
Speaker 2: Watch fine, That's what I think I'm thinking about, like going from like doing cute like live people here to did here? Oh, I ain't gotta listen to nobody's stories. I ain't gotta stabber with Anita.
Speaker 1: What if they start talking to you?
Speaker 2: If the dead person start talking, you're not.
Speaker 1: Gonna tell you their stories.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna or what about like I feel like since their spirit? Yeah? Oh then I quit?
Speaker 1: Yeah why I'll be in there chatting on they lowered? What happened?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 1: I'm starting a new business. Now call me now, girl?
Speaker 2: Who kill you? Girl?
Speaker 1: You be solving crime?
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to know who killed nobody? But yeah, they showing the time. You're seventy five thousand for a week. It's crazy the most expensive. Honest, we don't cost that much, so right, But that's what you're asking? What else more somber news? This is not stupid internet news at all. Uh. The VJ former VJ from MTV, Ananda Lewis, passed away. She was fifty two years old and she had breast cancer. You know. She passed away at home and her sister looked, I'm gonna miss this name up, but I'm gonna try my best lunch. I'm not even her sister. He looks me like like SIMI like she me share the news of Lewis's passing with a heartfelt message stating she's free and then his heavenly arms, expressing her grief with a broken with broken heart emotions. She you know, she came out in twenty twenty saying that she was, you know, battling breast cancer and like she discussed about you know, early detection and going to get checked. You know, so I encourage you men and women alike, because men can get breast cancer too, to please get your bodies checked. You can do self checking. Hold one arm over your head, behind your head and cross your yeah, and then feel on your breast, need your breast and feel for any lumps. And if you feel something, go see a doctor. Don't uh think you always probably insist or it's probably don't try to self diagnose as something else. Just go get checked. Everybody. You know, she she ended up like the doctor wanted her to get a double misectomy, and she chose not to cut her breasts off. And I wonder why she chose that, you know, why wouldn't she just cut them off when she chose to.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's our breast a us right, And I guess, you know, maybe she was more of I can only assume like how I would be in that particular situation. I'm not afraid to die, right, So if it's my time, that's what that's what's gonna happen. So maybe she didn't want to face her body. Maybe she didn't want to go through because I mean that chemotherapy literally chills the good sales and bad sales in your body. So even she'd have had to got the she would have had to gotten my second me and chemo, it would probably it would not just be one or the other situations. So, yeah, she got diagnosed in twenty twenty, and she just I mean, she lived with five more years. She probably just accepted her feet and didn't want to have to go through that, through that suffering. Yeah, I guess, you know, because you're not guaranteed either way either, you know what I'm saying. And it depends also on how long how far along the cancer actually was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was staged three when diagnosed.
Speaker 1: When she when she got diagnosed, Yeah, boy, I know, I mean that I just.
Speaker 2: Really really really despised.
Speaker 1: I know so many women right now battling breast cancer. I knew.
Speaker 3: I know at least four women, that's a lot. That's a lot as far as I'm concerned, that's a lot. Yeah yeah, personally, like yeah, I know, battling breast cancer.
Speaker 2: Two two women battling brisk answer all right. You know, I don't even like to say balut healing from healing from breast cancer, because.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're gonna fight it, but it's not yours though, you know. I people be like my cancer, my my diabetes, like that. We ain't claiming it now, but we are going to fight.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Aside from going and getting your your your exams annually, you know, most likely we also need to watch our diets and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I just the food, the food.
Speaker 2: We eat eating, and then I also feel like deorderant, I don't know, ye, the deorant.
Speaker 3: Deorderant, bras, all of that are pressing on your lymph nodes in that area. That's why they have like the no broad day and ship like that, because all of those things contribute to breast cancer.
Speaker 1: Deorder with the aluminum.
Speaker 3: Hardly me either, especially it's hot outside deorderan our words. People be talking about the natural deorderant, but the deorderant with the aluminum and all those extra added bullshit. It's clogging your pores underneath your arm.
Speaker 2: It's clogging. And all those toxes that are supposed to be your body releases through your armpits are no longer being released. They're just being stored inside your body. And you do be stak, because I'm gonna let y'all know. I'll be stak, like I think because I've been using them, you know, products that did that for so long that now that I've stopped, baby, I got a shelf life like a motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Like he's like turn tell pump came around?
Speaker 2: What time?
Speaker 3: It was, like, y'all, I got about thirty more minutes before I got to get up. You'd a lefting glass slipping behind and everything, you.
Speaker 2: Know, And I travel like I'll travel with like wipes and like more deorder. I tried this thing like it was a crystal. Mmmm. That shit don't do nothing. I don't know what that's. I use it, but it don't work. I just still be just as funky. But it's okay because I'm not putting that illuminum under my arm pits ever again. I don't care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been using natural Deorderant Now for a very long time, I don't know the last time I used regular Deorderant, and I've been musty even with the regular Deorderan.
Speaker 1: So I actually feel like I actually have less.
Speaker 3: Smell nowadays versus when I was using the order because I think over time, just think about it, like Deorderant. All these things that says like doctor recommended, a dermatologists recommended. Are dentists recommended? Right? They're recommended because those people have to keep their jobs right, So they're not gonna make something that's going to just cure and help the actual issues. They're not because then they won't have a job. So you think that all this stuff gets rid of ginger vitis if you want to mm hmm, they need you to come to the dentist. So the stuff they're they're not gonna put anything in our products that's actually gonna help us not need thathing.
Speaker 2: And that's how I feel about pants and stuff, like what's in that? You know, we all were coming up with these firebroids all the time, popping like everybody got a firebo What isn't this thing we're putting up against? What's in that? Jel?
Speaker 1: Everybody don't got no firebroid now, not.
Speaker 2: Everybody, A lot of people, a lot of people. You know what's in that jelly that's in those paths? You know that jelly that's inside of there, that's absorbing, Like what are we pressing up against our bodies? You know what's in those tampons that were shoving in our bodies, you.
Speaker 3: Know, and letting sit in there. Now people don't even take it out when it's supposed to. My friend told me to get those No, what's the It's a.
Speaker 2: Black owned pat honey pot pads and it had mythol or something like.
Speaker 1: That, And I like it. I like it.
Speaker 3: The more you use it, the less the sense. Yeah, the more you use the less the sensation is like you.
Speaker 2: Know that hot ample feel like how this feel? What is? What is that?
Speaker 3: It's like eucalyptus. I know one of them has eucalyptus and lavender and stuff. It's just natural oils, natural essential oils to help like with cramping and just.
Speaker 1: To soothe you.
Speaker 3: You know, Gucci Pi pulsate and feeling like when you when you're in your cycle. If you keep using it, the sense like it's not the sensation is not that intense after a while, it's not so like you just the.
Speaker 2: First oh sing a newport right now, that's stupid.
Speaker 3: Shut up man, all right, So this is the last thing, y'all. So, uh divorced deception, it says, man forges wife's name on divorce papers. Police saying, now, y'all, remember when we reported where this girl actually hired a man that looked like her boyfriend and had him go through the process and courts to obtain a marriage license and he didn't even know they were married. He took her on a trip and she felt like that was her honeymoon. He didn't even know they were married. Well, this man actually forged his wife's signature to divorce her ass without knowing. So it says a Houston man, while all these motherfuckers in Texas, they'd be wild down here and like that's June. I'm about to say juneteenth. Yeah, Thus June teenth, a Houston man now has to answer to his wife and the courts. Harris County Priestinct for deputy said Paul Nixon fifty one tried to deceive the Harris County District's district's clerk's office by forging his wife's signature on divorce papers. It says he's alleged to have forged documents with his signature to try to solidify the divorce, said the.
Speaker 1: Countable Mark Herman.
Speaker 3: The wife inadvertly knew nothing about the proceedings or the divorce decree.
Speaker 1: It's how he did, he said.
Speaker 3: Court documents show Nickson filed for divorce February fifteen, and then on April seventeen, uncontested waiver divorce papers were submitted to the court with ford signature of Dixon's wife and a notary republic A court in Herman. So whoever a notary is getting in trouble too. But why is this crime? You could face off the ten years in prison and five thousand dollars worth of fines right.
Speaker 2: Because that is nuts? Why don't you just ask for a divorce? Right?
Speaker 3: Like I mean, I'm just trying to figure out, like why he couldn't just and that.
Speaker 2: Why could Maybe she was going to fight and be like I want this and I want that. But if he just signed it himself, he can just get get away scott free. But how you talking?
Speaker 1: I feel like I've seen this man before. Is he an actor or somebody you don't know this thing. He just looks familiar, this guy. But yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe maybe he didn't feel like fighting duking it out in court. Maybe he just wanted to file like a differences and get the hell of and maybe.
Speaker 2: Mh and never that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Crazy all right, So y'all.
Speaker 2: Today is a national holiday. It is June team everywhere. It's awesome. My god baby birthday. We have your girl, Fayre. Yeah, I loved, we loved you so much. We're going to talk about June teenth, what it is, why we need to celebrate it, and all the things. So y'all will be right back in just a second. Stay tuned. All right, y'all, this episode is why Juneteenth was forgotten? Did you know about Juneteenth? Agent?
Speaker 1: Uh? Well, yeah, I feel like no.
Speaker 3: Up until they passed it as a national holiday, I never celebrated juneteen. I can't say I didn't know about Juneteenth, but we definitely didn't celebrate it in South Carolina.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always thought it was like a Texas thing.
Speaker 2: Like I didn't really learn about it until I remember hearing like, yeah, Texas people talk about Juneteenth and how they celebrated it. But it wasn't a thing for us. So let me explain to y'all what Juneteenth is. Juneteenth is short for June nineteenth, this US holiday commemorating the end of slavery in the United States. It specifically marks June nineteenth, eighteen sixty five, the day when Union troops arrived in Galveston, Texas and announced that all enslaved people were free, more than two years after President Abraham Lincoln had issued the Emancipation Proclamation on January first, eighteen sixty three. So that's they were being enslaved despite So them white folks in Texas was like, shit, ain't no ain't no group texts, it ain't no phone call these niggas TV. We ain't gonna tell them. We're not gonna tell them. So someone had to come and like literally let them know that they were no longer enslaved and that they could be free, which is a you know, it brings up another conversation because then when they were free, now what you.
Speaker 3: Know, Yeah, a lot of people chose even in the South, you know, because through my studies, slavery was predominantly in the South. It's like Jim Crow and black laws and stuff like that that was experienced throughout the entire country, but slavery in particular probably was from Virginia on down, you know what I'm saying, Like maybe even some parts of Virginia wasn't uh didn't have you know, as much slavey like South Carolina and Mississippi and Louisa, Yeah, predominantly, But I mean black people lived up north too, you know. And I think twelve Years a Slave is an actual good depiction of what some people experienced during that time, because you know, remember on that movie, he was free. He was a free man living in the North with white friends, had a whole family, owned a business, and he was kidnapped into southern slavery. Yeah, and it wasn't until he m It wasn't until a good white man came onto the plantation he was on. They had basically tried to beat his his identity out of him, but he told this man who he was, and that white guy went back up up north and came back down with his black with his white friends, who then basically took him. You know what I'm saying, like, we ain't paying you off for him because he's not a slave. So a lot of people were kidnapped into slavery. A lot of black people were born free, were always free, so slavery was predominantly in the South. So people in Texas, right Galveston, Texas and other parts of Texas, they didn't even know that slavery had been abolished for two whole years until June nineteenth, eighteen sixty five. And see, that's why Juneteenth had been celebrated mostly in Texas prior to.
Speaker 2: Being Yeah, and here's the thing. This is all right, so if you haven't noticed, this administration has been quietly erasing history, like they're taking stuff out of the like things that were celebrated in our United States military. They were moving it black figures that were they have done great things for this country. They're silently removing it from the history. But and what that does is creates an environment where we don't know. That's why Juneteenth is just becoming a holiday because we're ignorant to it. So if you take out, if you remove the history, people will forget. And then next thing, you know, give me.
Speaker 1: Some examples of people and now I know that. You know, critical race theory.
Speaker 3: Has always been like one of the biggest debates the last eight years or so right, whether or not critical race theory should be taught on a college level, It's never a discussion about it being taught to children age you know, first grade to twelfth grade.
Speaker 1: It's just it was supposed to be a college course, right.
Speaker 3: Personally, if y'all going to teach history, y'all need to teach the correct history or else just let me teach my child their history.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So, as a little black child, I don't want my kid to think that their entire entire existence began in bondage. I would prefer for them not to teach them that because it's just not true. And that's what we learn learned in school. Like you would think that black people all came to America on a on a on a slave ship, and it's just not true. Right, So if y'all, if y'all not gonna teach the history properly, don't teach it. And then little white kids should not at the same token, should not be made to feel like shit because of their ancestors.
Speaker 1: So we can we.
Speaker 3: Can teach history history, we can't live there, and that's what that's what continues to happen. So at what point do we like and I'm not saying get over right, but at what point do we try to just be Americans, just be one? Will it ever happen if we keep teaching these negative parts of American history and then teaching it improperly? You see what I'm saying, still not actually telling the truth about it.
Speaker 2: I think you know, all right, So our history is important, I think all right. So for us to truly become fully American as one, we have to know our true stories, to celebrate the history and growth right to become what we are. But if you erase it, then it's like you want people to not know the truth. Now.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're racing it, though, I don't think they're raising it.
Speaker 2: So let me tell you the erasure of black military heroes. This year, Sergeant William Henry Johnson, the Pentagon moved the dedicated webpage honorary Sergeant William Henry Johnson, the Black World War One hero who received the Medal of Honor in twenty fifteen. They were moving them. General Colin Powell Arlington National Cemetery cease highlights the first black Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff on its website, completely erased Tuskegee Airmen and other black veterans that the Department of Defense the deleted content related to the Tuscagee Airmen and other black veterans as a part of the same DEI review. So impact on military terry base renaming. Fort Gregg Adams, Virginia renamed in twenty twenty three to honor General Arthur J. Gregg and Lieutenant Colonel Charity Charity Adams, both distinguished black officers. In twenty twenty five, the basement was reverted to its original name, Fort Lee. Fort Kavaris, Texas renamed in twenty twenty three to honor of General Richard E. Kavaris, the first Hispanic Ford Star general. In twenty twenty five, they reversed it to Fort Hood does not acknowledge Kavars, effectively erasing his recognition. And this is the name.
Speaker 3: So some of them, So some of the fort names were changed a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Then you're saying they changed them back MH to their original names.
Speaker 2: Yes, So they were named after black military figures, black and brown, black and brown, and now they're taken and and this is just a few small examples of what they're doing. You're systematically erasing us from the history. So will be another one hundred years where we'll be like, oh, did you know about Kwanza? Have you ever heard?
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 3: M That's what I'm saying. Though, You cannot expect the enemy to teach you anything, Okay, So that's why people parents at homes you have to teach your kids. Yes, you know, they made it a law essentially. I think that's the one good thing COVID did, right. It got a lot of parents doing home teaching. A lot of parents did and ended up not sending their kids back to school, so they're still teaching their small kids and you know, high school kids at home, which I think personally, when I have a child, I'm going to do homeschooling. I hope I'm in a position to absolutely do that when I have a kid. You cannot expect the enemy to teach you anything, because whoever wins the war shapes the future. They shape what happened. And you think only good people win wars. They don't know bad people be winning wars. So we always vacuum.
Speaker 2: How do we become one America when we know that there is an enemy amongst us? You know, how do you, how can we even say, oh, we need to be one America if we know that we're not viewed as one.
Speaker 3: There will always be prejudice, right because we are not all the same right now. Racism is absolutely taught. But people just have like these preconceived prejudice against people. We have them, you know what I'm saying, And we just we can't be racist, you know it, Like black people can't power white tt is.
Speaker 2: On your back.
Speaker 3: I don't want nobody's best on my back because I'm not a fucking lesbian mood them titties. Okay, I don't know what that has to do with what we're talking about, but stupid now you'll be doing shit like that, and I forget my thoughts.
Speaker 2: I got I gotta add a little somewhere.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Yeah, what was I saying? Yeah, everybody has like prejudice, right, racist that people say like black people can't be racist because we're not in a position of power to be racist. And I don't think that black people want to be in position in a position right so we can oppress everybody else. That's just not the type of people we are. There's a way in America in particular because this is a capitalistic society.
Speaker 1: Marching isn't going to change anything. Even fucking starting wars and shit ain't gonna change shit. Because we are black people. We are the number one consumers in America. You boycott, that is the way you get what you want. You stop participating in the system and watch how quick things change because this system depends on us. The power is in the dollar. That's it.
Speaker 3: That's how we combat racism. You don't fuck with them. Other communities that people don't have these issues we have because they have more unity. And they also like say, for instance, you sell on one product right, your product costs a dollar one dollar. The Asian people they need your product right for their store or something like that, but they have a there's a there's a there's another Asian vendor that sells the same product, but it's three dollars. Guess you ain't spending their money with even if they got to pay two dollars more. They're going to their people. That's one example on out of combat racism. You fuck with your own people. We were bamboozled the civil rights The civil rights movement bamboozled black people. That's my opinion, right, we didn't need to be integrated. That yeah, segregation, if we would have remained segregated, and though they destroyed everything we tried to create, right, and I think you know during that we can do it again. We're choosing now not to do it again. We can do it again.
Speaker 1: You see.
Speaker 2: Uh if we do that again, is it wouldn't really be one America though, you know. I mean what you were saying was like that history. We need to not have it. We need to be one. But how can we.
Speaker 3: Be I'm thinking about the children, right, I'm thinking about the children. It may not happen in our lifetime because adults like this. This is why I fuck with kids more than adults. We got to start focusing on the youth, focusing on the children and what they're learning. And if they keep learning that, then that is what the future is will continue to look like. Right, So at some point we have to stop so that the kids can be doing it won't be, it won't be during our lifetime where we're one America. It won't be because we're already tainted this this thing we're talking about, we're talking about being taught to small people. So we have to stop teaching the bullshit to small people so that they can grow up and be one America. It won't happen in our lifetime.
Speaker 1: And what do you feel like the bullshit is when you say that teaching black children that their entire existence started as a slave, right, and teaching white children that their entire existence started as savages because that's what their ancestors wore. As much as they try to make it look like, make it seem like black people are such savages, we taught y'all how to wash.
Speaker 3: Let's be very clear, Okay, So yeah, that type of stuff should not be taught. So slavery, No, I don't. If a parent wants to teach that at the house, they can because we'll teach it properly. Right, there's no recollection in my family that any of us came from slaves. Now what we not slick? When I say slaves, I mean coming from Africa on a slave boat. Because let's just think about that time. It would have been impossible to get millions of millions of people cross here in the boat. I know they probably calculating the people having children and all that and that number once they got here. But in the record in history, they're trying to say that they brought all these millions of people on slave ships. It would be impossible for that time if niggas was riding around on horse and buggies and shit like that, Like y'all don't y'all didn't have the means to create these ships that y'all want people to think. What was actually happening. There was more trans trans America slave trade versus transatlantic interest. He's the intra American slave trade. Meaning they were taking people from Charleston from Louisiana, from from from Florida and swapping him with Barbados, swapping him with with Jamaica, like moving people from close islands like that. We weren't coming from Africa. There were some people coming from Africa. There were some You could tell who people were based on what crops were grown on, what plantation. Yeah, that's not like Rice and Charleston like, there were absolutely some Africans. Last week, you mentioned the African community down in Beauford. I know, I said Hilton Handle at the same area.
Speaker 1: Last week. So of course some people did come.
Speaker 3: And we're all just a blended people at this time at this time, you know what I'm saying, But not everybody came in on a slave ship. That's why we'll never get reparations.
Speaker 2: In some ways. But I don't think nobody if it's from omitting the truth. You know, this is.
Speaker 1: Why they definitely benefit from omitting the truth because in.
Speaker 2: Order I'm talking about I'm talking about now like raising our children to not know the history of their people, raising white kids to not know the history of their people. I think it's important for us to teach our children our history because they.
Speaker 3: Teach them, though I don't think it should be in a school curriculum because they're not teachings. That's what we should attack them, right, If you're going to teach history right, this is what we need to collectively attack. We attack the curriculum and what is being taught right because even now they're going to continue with the same curriculum. It's not working, it's not and.
Speaker 2: It's not real like some of the some of the things that I've seen is they try to paint history like slavery as like the slaves were happy to be slaves, you know, because they don't want to traumatize the children. But one, if you're gonna maybe you're teaching them too young. If you think it's gonna be too traumatic for them, then maybe it shouldn't be a part of the curriculum just yet. But don't make it seem like no, like black people were just out there smiling picking cotton.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that headline?
Speaker 3: This was some years ago, and I actually saw a boy like talking about it, like how his school took him to a cotton field and had them picking cotton with a bag, Yeah, all day, and then he just.
Speaker 1: Run around the cartfield like it's fun like.
Speaker 3: And he said he went home and he had a he had cotton in his back pocket. And mind you, his mama signed off on this future but obviously you didn't read the doctor he was going. Yeah, so I told she was washing clothes and the nigga had fresh cotton in his back pocket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you not taking my child's no damn plantation.
Speaker 3: And that's the type of shit that can possibly happen with the current curriculum.
Speaker 2: Right because so before we saw this, I went to see how much juneteen has been added to students curriculum since you know, it became a federal holiday, and it has not been widely added to any student's curriculum. These kids still don't know what it is. Even though it is a national holiday, it's still not in their curriculum to even understand why it's a holiday, what it is, and how people see it as, oh, that's a black holiday. It's not even a national holiday I remember celebrating.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's a federal holiday.
Speaker 2: It's a federal It's not widely taught what it is. It's not you go to schools July fourth, the students have red, white and blue all over the school. You know, they learn what it is. June teen should be celebrated the same way. But it's not even a part of the curriculum. It's not even added. Even after it's become a national holiday, have they Some places have added, but based on what I found on the internet, is not widely in it, and people are seeing it as a oh that's a black holiday. That's a new black holiday. And then even though in South Carolina, I think you like government jobs, like you can choose between uh, what's that? What's or junet off? Pick one?
Speaker 1: Oh you can't get both off.
Speaker 2: No, you can pick one of those.
Speaker 3: You don't even get a floating holiday, ignorant. That's why listen, this is why I don't agree that Juneteenth should have ever been.
Speaker 1: Made a federal holiday. It's a lot of holidays.
Speaker 3: They can Columbus Day for one, right, So now there are people, there's people, there are people who celebrate Indigenous Day right as opposed to Columbus Columbus Day.
Speaker 1: The thing is is that I want money.
Speaker 3: I don't want symbolization for anything else anymore, right, I need.
Speaker 2: We don't want to statuations. Who said that, then we're gonna give us nothing but symbolism.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that, and that's what we received once we accepted that. I don't accept I'm not saying that Juneteenth is not important.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: As far as like how it should be added to the curriculum, okay, you would you like to see, like like what would what would the schools do on Juneteenth? I know you said fourth of July, July, put the color what is the thing, But what is the teach the student?
Speaker 2: Why is it important? Give them some strawberry drink or something, I don't know what, the full something and watermelon leverage something whatever like because those things are associated with Juneteenth. That's what they had to celebrate. Y'all need to have a cookout at the school I don't know something, do something celebrate us because we are such a huge intergral part of the fabric of this fucking country, and we're just like, Oh, that's a black holiday. Oh that's that new black ship. That ain't for us.
Speaker 3: No, it's for you too, because we've been I don't want the symbolists. I don't want the I don't want want it all.
Speaker 2: I want it all.
Speaker 3: I would prefer actual tangible items. Another holiday is not really tangible.
Speaker 2: I want the holiday when it was remember what he said, what and either what? No, let's have it all. Why should we have to choose one between one or the other.
Speaker 3: I don't want no more pacifiers, all right. I don't want to be rocked to sleep. I'm very conscious. I know some niggas mean naps. I take my naps. I prefer actual tangible items. And I feel like when they gave us this holiday, when they gave us because that's all they're going to do is give us symbols, symbolization, they're actually discarding what it is that we actually need to be competitive in this market. Yeah, so we keep it. I don't accept I don't accept this. I don't accept it. I acknowledge it, but I don't accept it. It's not enough.
Speaker 2: No, it's definitely not enough. It's not enough. I say, I want both. Give us the holiday and the money, give us for acres and the mule. We want all of that, but too we celebrate all this ship that don't have nothing to do with us is sitting around Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: We lost the war. We lost the war.
Speaker 3: So the enemy is now has now been shaping the future. That's who we have been allowing to teach our children, That's who we've been allowing to feed our people.
Speaker 2: That's who we run the country. That's who we allow and vote for to run the country. The same people. So I mean, what do you do? You do? You know you.
Speaker 3: Have h right now in Charleston, it's a lot of city councilmen in the city of North Charleston that they're facing prison time.
Speaker 1: And what these niggas did.
Speaker 3: A lot of times black people get into position to actually help their community, right to actually be a voice of representation for the people, and they get in there and they do sline ball shit just like the white man does. Because really, ultimately a lot of black people just want close proximity to whiteness. They don't want to knock all this shit over and start a new and that's what we're dealing with. It's a lot of it's a lot of black people who get voted in and they only do best interest for them in their family, I mean one generation of families. White people do sline ball shit. They are trying to enrich generations, their entire lineage. We only worry about the niggas in the house with us. It's a mindset in order in order to change. You may not, it's fine. I'm just I gave you an example though, right, and we and there's a lot of our a lot of other examples of black people who get in position of power and they only do things. They do the wrong things every fucking time. It's a lot of them, okay, from the church to politicians, politicians, It's just the truth. Right.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna say everybody.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna make a blanket statement and say everybody, but a lot of them, Okay, they don't do the right things when we do get in positions of power. So it starts with us. We could keep blaming other people. We could keep blaming other groups of people.
Speaker 1: We have more power now.
Speaker 3: We have more money now to actually make change, and we're not doing it a lot of times, No we're not. We're not getting together, unifying and actually doing it. Our ancestors in the Civil Rights Union, civil rights movement, and a lot of other movements, they had a little bit more organization. So people could be mad at Kanye all day long. When he says slavery was a choice, I don't agree with that, right, But he says slavery he said, he said, sounds like a choice. Right. If we don't choose slavery, then we are absolutely choosing slavery.
Speaker 2: Now I can't disagree with that. You know, the stuff that we just sit back and let ride, Like when they started removing all this black history. You know, Tyler Perry is just like pop Wars. He spoke on it, you know, about how they're erasing our political, our historical figures from quietly just removing us, and we just just quiet about it. We're just so quiet about it. We not care. Are we just only concerned with our like you said, our immediate family and our own own immediate needs. What do you do when you're behind enemy lines? What do you do? Because we can sit here talk about you let me finish my thought. We can sit here on this podcast and talk about what niggas ain't doing right and what they're doing in position, But what are we doing? We ain't doing shit, but sitting here talking on a podcast. What have you done? What have I so? Nothing? So we just talked on.
Speaker 3: Of one of my goals and I know I've mentioned it on this podcast, is to actually get involved with politics. That's why I go to my city council meetings and stuff like that so I can understand what's going on.
Speaker 1: It starts there.
Speaker 3: Just getting involved with your community, you know what I'm saying, doing some volunteer work, stuff like that, getting to know people, getting to understand people's mindsets, get involved with politics. We can't continue to be on the sidelines. We can't not be involved with who the president is just because we don't like them.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: We need to know what the fuck they're in there doing, right, so we send people in there to look around and check shit out and come back and report.
Speaker 1: We shouldn't be publicly.
Speaker 3: Disparaging them, right, because sometimes you can't always tell the left hand what the right hand is doing. Because throughout history it has been black people that put us in these vulnerable states to get fucked up, conspiring with the other.
Speaker 1: Side, conspiring with conspiring.
Speaker 2: With the enemy.
Speaker 3: We have always been being torn down from within. They use one of us to get us every time. So that's what I'm saying. It starts with us. We have to change our mindset if we want to change change the future of our people. We can't be torking in the protests and all this bullshit. We are taking nothing serious. So the one thing I can do right now is one individual right. Because I have a lot of strong views on a lot of a lot of things. I love my people, I love black people, I love Black people, and I just want us to be better. I want us to do better collectively.
Speaker 1: But some of these nigga's.
Speaker 3: Gonna have to die. Okay, It's just true. Something everybody can't go. This is why Harry Tubman, listen, none of us died. I want all of us to go, and.
Speaker 1: Everybody can't go. That is the problem.
Speaker 3: We are not even amongst our people. We're not all the same amongst their people. They're not all the same amongst every group there are. Everybody not gonna be able to go. So so the people who have the wherewithals that actually make change. Those are the people we have to congregate with and hopefully the others wake up. But we will die trying to wake them up. A lot of us will die, a lot of us will be casualties of war trying to wake them up. The gang community. That's our soldiers right there. Like it really like people have to actually die for change. First of all, it's not gonna come through legislation. It comes to war.
Speaker 1: For real. But we don't have a military. We don't be ki ourselves. Now we're telling each other they no longer doing it no.
Speaker 2: More, and they're not and we're not willing to make the sacrifices. Like like you said, if it costs a dollar with Asians, we're gonna pay the dollar versus paying the three dollars with our own people. But oftentimes they don't be trying to get over on eight people.
Speaker 3: Though there's a fucking place I won't go to here because why are y'all charging niggas twenty five dollars for a shot of fucking doll whom we can go downtown and get that shit for ten dollars, and you know, only black people patronize your business. Why are you doing that to your people? Why are you price gauging your own people. That's another problem in our community. So yeah, we should be able to, you know, buy from each other, barter whatever it is that we need to do right. But we also always try to exploit our people. That is that that happens.
Speaker 1: We're not giving niggas discounts, and I don't think black you should ask for paying the part.
Speaker 2: God damn, even walk in your establishment. I'm already.
Speaker 1: I remember when we was in Atlanta, we had in your.
Speaker 3: Park to eat, to eat in a storefront bullshit, bullshit.
Speaker 1: Ass please with minimal parking that ship.
Speaker 2: First of all, I know prostitution goes out on outside there and I'm paying twenty five dollars apart. Is crazy.
Speaker 3: I mean, we got a lot of work to do, That's what I'm saying, And we be worrying about them. We need to worry about ourselves. That is though, That is that is where it starts. Worry about yourself. Do better every day. We have more freedom now to make change than we.
Speaker 1: Ever had, and we're just not doing it. That's my point. It's us. It's always been us, even when the motherfucking showed up at the shores. It was our men that conspired with them to fuck us up for many years to come. You and your people chilling right, we're living on the coast of America, like chilling.
Speaker 3: We got food, water, all this shit, and these pale skins pull up.
Speaker 1: We ain't fucking with you. But you know what they did.
Speaker 3: They went to Europe and they came back with some black Germans, some black Europeans that look like us, our fuck with cousins that helped them fuck us over.
Speaker 1: That's what we are. We are just we are in a prison state.
Speaker 3: We are conquered people, so we don't Yeah, doterodomy twenty.
Speaker 1: Eight, y'all can check it out.
Speaker 3: They talking about us and then we we And we also have this current administration, all administrations. The way they worship Israel is weird to me. They have convinced the world. Let me not even go there, all right, y'all, that's for Patreon, that's for Patreon. I need listen before we get off this topic. No, I just want I want us to celebrate June teeth.
Speaker 2: Though we got we got way off the top of you didn't even really talk about black people celebrating Juneteenth this Thursday. When you hear this, do something. If you wasn't already planning to celebrate Juneteenth, that is today as you're hearing this. If you're hearing it on Thursday, you know, celebrate even if you just make a post on your social media ta acknowledge the sacrifice that these black people, they were slaved two more years. Your brothers, your sisters were working skin bone for free for two more years after the Emancipation Proclamation. And this is the day that we all when we're all free. If none of it, if what it was it, if not all of us are free, none of us are free. So that is the day, June nineteenth, eighteen sixty five. So we celebrate that, y'all. So celebrate with your family and friends. Tell your white coworkers that they should celebrate. Two. Tell everybody to celebrate the same way you celebrate the fourth of July. If you're going to celebrate that, Because that was seventeen seventy six and we were still very much like enslave. We wasn't celebrating that. We weren't working. We were working the celebration. Okay, I love y'all so much, I love y'all down to the bone, like for real, I really really do. So that that's my last last Do you have one?
Speaker 1: That's it, girl, y'all get y'all get your grills out.
Speaker 3: I don't was it always in it a weekday like that or is it?
Speaker 2: Does it? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I don't know. It's kind of the middle of the week this week, I mean this year. So yeah, celebrate, celebrate this weekend, whatever y'all gotta do, and get involved, right. We can't keep complaining about shit that we ain't actively trying to change. Get involved with your local politicians, your local counselman's that's that's really what matters most, the not the president and see right, So you can get involved if y'all actually.
Speaker 2: Want change, and not just politically. You know everybody is not politically inclined. But what you can do you start building community. We don't have a community anymore. You don't know your neighbors. Say hi to your neighbors. Get to know the people who are around you. Stop calling these young people just why ends and being afraid to talk to them, and talk to the kids. Nobody talks to the kids anymore. Like I still I still away from these kids.
Speaker 3: I only talk to kids, man, I always be talking to kids.
Speaker 1: Random kids.
Speaker 3: These young boys, they be at the mall selling they little roses and shit. I gotta pay five dollars to go in the mall. Mall every time. You always talking on these little people.
Speaker 1: I don't like adults.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to know that, blost Man. All right, y'all, Coppy doing teen. If you enjoyed this episode, y'all tune in every Thursday in the Black and pack her radio Apple way with the fuck you get your podcast at this your co host a j Day two.
Speaker 1: Point zero on instagrams.
Speaker 2: Kick a Tam y'all, It's official Tam Bam on Instagram. Y'all follow me. I love y'all so much. Remember speak now and never hold your peace literally