Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three eighteen, Episode three of der Daley's I Guy Stay production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep divenue American share consciousness. And it is Wednesday, December twentieth, twenty twenty three. My name's Jack O'Brien AKA. That's no bone, it's giant balls. There ain't no and I'm all that it could be along too. I know that you're gonna say Dixon balls aren't made of bone. That's just because you haven't seen mine. That is courtesy a blanky hack on the discord in honor of Richard Brooks, the physician who looked at the first dinosaur bone ever discovered and said, nah, that is a scrotum. That is not not a femur, just a scrotum belonging to a giant. Anyway, shout out to that man, Richard Brooks, to shut out to Blake. Yet. I'm thrilled to be joined my second seat today by today's guest co host, a brilliant comedian, writer, actor, the hilarious, the chaotic, the riding a recumbent bike in short shorts, Blake Wexland.
Speaker 2: Everybody a ka Blake's legs put the common surcumference there, plump plump, plump plum, plump plump, plump plum. That was not written by Paul Garaventa.
Speaker 1: That made me sick.
Speaker 2: I wrote that very blue show so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's very blue. We're thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a hilarious comedian, actress writer who's facing words you've seen all over TV and stages across this great land sch writes for SML, among many other places. Please welcome the hilarious and talented rose By Baker.
Speaker 3: Thank you, guys.
Speaker 4: I don't have a song about my balls or anything. I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 1: Just to clarify, that song was not about my balls. It was about Richard Brooks, the physician who coined the name scrotum humanimous balls.
Speaker 4: Right, so right, yeah, yeah, I just got it. I mean I would take I would take the compliment if I were you. But that's fine.
Speaker 1: Giant balls, giant stony balls.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: How are you guys doing? You guys are on the East coast where you know it actually feels like Christmas? Is it beginning to feel a lot like or look a lot like Christmas?
Speaker 2: It does it is. I.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm actually doing decorations this year, which I've never really been one to do. But I had a baby, so now I'm like, let's yeah, let's make this whole place look like Santa's workshop. She's not gonna remember a thing. She doesn't even know she has hands.
Speaker 1: But he just looked at your baby and said, let's go.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I'm like, Christmas, you look like you could make toys.
Speaker 2: Why don't we decorate the place like shop?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: My wife and I went to the Rockefeller Center tree.
Speaker 1: Do you call it the Rockefeller Center?
Speaker 2: I did, and I was hoping nobody it's a Boston accent. I'm not a fan of you thought it was like jay Z. Yeah, no, it was. It is funny that I've heard that phrase in that context more than you know, the Tonight Show or anything going on at NBC, which I guess speaks to where my career is.
Speaker 1: But I do think it was telling you you look fancy like a Rockefeller not could you nicely? Could you? Actually? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, I've never been before. And we went on Saturday, which is probably the worst day that you could go, because that's when you know people aren't Yorking and everybody was there.
Speaker 1: But it was cool.
Speaker 2: It was a very it still felt festive as horrible as it was trying to get around down there, but yeah, it was cool, dude.
Speaker 4: It's like fighting off zombies.
Speaker 2: It's like, I can't imagine.
Speaker 4: If I need to wake up on a on a Wednesday, if I leave the building at like or even just like a Friday, like, I'll I get out there and I'm like, well, I'm awake now because I'm fighting for my life.
Speaker 1: Right, So it's coffee.
Speaker 4: It's it's crazy down there.
Speaker 1: I think I just hadn't been to a mall around Christmas in so many years that I had forgotten how terrible it is. You know, we'd just been shopping via the mail, via the internet. Have you guys heard about these things? The mail and me and on? Yeah, And I went on Sunday night to the grove to pick up a couple of things with my two with my five year old and seven year old, and it was hell. It was truly like the worst, Like just five blocks away from the mall, all just stand still traffic like I was trying to leave an NFL game, Like it was just yea awful and then it never it never eased up, like everybody was fighting for parking spots and then furious once they got into them all because there weren't enough parking spots.
Speaker 4: You're like, if we ever get out of this, I'm just leaving the city. We're just driving past the house.
Speaker 1: I just left my car, and I was like, guys, don't look back, don't look back.
Speaker 4: The bag we got it.
Speaker 1: We have new last names now, all right, Well, Rosebud, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're gonna tell our listeners a couple of things we're talking about a little later on, we're gonna look at a couple of these megachurch Christmas celebrations. The Righteous Gemstones is real, and it is glorious, y'all. It is a sight to be a whole not understated. They're not going not going understand with the Christmas celebrations this year. They see your Christmas workshop, Rosebud, and they say, what if we just recreated the Black Eyed Peas super Bowl halftime show instead? Yeah? What if we made up new Christmas color schemes that were like bright day glow? Yeah, just a fucking Night.
Speaker 2: But for more money than the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: So much money. Well, we don't have to say taxes. That's right. The NFL, Right, the NFL is a church. A lot of people don't know that. Yeah, they have taxi exempt status for being on Sunday as a church. We're gonna talk about gen Z millennials saving libraries because we need a little bit of good news, and talk about people grinchifying their political opponents. We'll talk about Netflix's film Leave the World Behind. Have you guys seen this? Have you heard about this? It's like the number one movie.
Speaker 4: I've seen it. I mean, I mean I've heard about it, and I think I've seen the trailer, but I haven't. I haven't seen the movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's you just did punch.
Speaker 1: Up on it.
Speaker 4: Maybe I did, Yeah, maybe I did see it. What's it about?
Speaker 1: It's Ethan Hawk and Julia Roberts. You saw it and it was so memoried, like it literally came out a week ago. I know, you're like, oh yeah, okay, yeah, it made it left a huge impression. In addition to the World Behind left a huge on you.
Speaker 4: I Left the movie Behind?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Blake, have you seen it? I haven't seen it. But now I want to blake because it seems like a lot of people like me have been really enjoying it. Yeah, preppers and conspiracy, the mostly preppers.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So we'll talk about that all that plenty more. But first, rosebub we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 4: Oh Jesus Christ, probably just going to be a bunch of symptoms, just me googling symptoms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so just a classic searchist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just a classic search history. Do I am I depressed? Or am I realistic? That's one?
Speaker 2: There's a period at the end of that, by the way, Yeah, right, not a question.
Speaker 1: Maybe the most depressing idea I've ever come across in research was this thing. I don't know that it's necessarily true, but it's a really dark idea that basically, you know, Abraham Lincoln suffered from depression melancholy is what they called it back then, and wound and a gunshot wound was also a hell he was that was in his search history. Do I have a gunshot wound? Or what's going on?
Speaker 4: Or am I just depressed?
Speaker 1: Or is this the worst fucking play ever? But it's basically this theory that because he was suffered from depression. It made him a really good president because he saw things more realistically than everyone else. And just depression is basically the absence of the candy coating that the rest of us use to get through our day to day lives. And that when I read that, it really bummed me out, and I thought, I have to share this with the audience of my comedy podcast. So that's what I'm doing right now.
Speaker 2: That's why Grant was such a terrible president because he had such like, you know, an amicable personality.
Speaker 1: He was always looking on the bright side. Well, he was drunk for most of the timeoholic, Yeah, he was an alcoholic, so that helped him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a profound search history. I would say it is the central question of our time. Am I depressed or am I realistic?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: I think it's not.
Speaker 1: It's both, But yes, you are both, and you would make a great wartime president.
Speaker 5: Yes, I've always said that.
Speaker 4: I have always said that. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 4: Girl dad content? I think I'm all set on the girl dad content. I keep seeing it because I had a daughter and I'm just seeing like these dudes that are acting like heroes because they they were brave enough to love their girl offspring. You know, I'm just kind of like, yeah, you're not a hero, You're just doing your job. It's like it's it's like me, I just it's starting. I'm like, you're a dad. You're just like, yeah, I had a girl dad. I just called him dad.
Speaker 1: That's what that.
Speaker 4: It's just like I don't know why, but I'm it's they bugs me. I'm just every time I see it, I'm like, oh, here we go, another macho guy into too two. Yeah, looking trying to look like a hero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's that one like PSA where it's like this big brownie guy doing i'm a little tea pot with his daughter and it's like fatherhood, Like can you fucking believe it? Holy shit, this guy's tough, but he's being un tough around his little girl.
Speaker 4: I know. I'm like, you're acting like you adopt it. You just had a kid, right, leave it. I'm just annoyed with it. So yeah, girl dad content. That's that's the overrated thing for me.
Speaker 1: Right now, I am up my shirt so you can't see.
Speaker 4: My girl dad T shirt shirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it kind of started with a literal Bronnie dad, where Bronnie James's father, lebron James, was like posting a ton.
Speaker 1: Of girl dad content.
Speaker 2: And then I think like most of other men saw a strong man doing something and they were like, oh, I must be I must be a girl dad as well, not that I am one. It's like I need to become a girl dad. Yeah, that's a great one.
Speaker 1: How do I become girl dad? Yeah? Real men cry too, strong man cried to mister Lebowski. Yeah, it's that like over like when when a very basic idea is like profound to somebody. Dude. Sometimes even I cry and I'm like a guy. Yeah, it's like, yeah, you're a human fucking being. What are you talking?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I'm like, okay, no, but it's like I'm a guy at the same time that I'm crying, Like you're.
Speaker 2: Not listening because you're a girl.
Speaker 1: I'm a guy. Oh man, Yeah, and you are saying like, but but like shout out to the girl mom content out there, right, you got gotta don't.
Speaker 4: I don't see that. I don't see girl mom content. I've literally never seen someone be like I'm a girl, I'm a mom, but I'm a girl. Yeah, you know, it's like, I'm sure it's out there because it's the Internet, but I haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it is nice to be a boy dad. I'm a boy dad, and that's that's nice because I don't have to learn any of the difficult lessons that those commercials are suggesting girl dads have to learn about, right, you know, about vulnerability.
Speaker 4: About like that, right, how to cry on camera?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just study the ancient Spartans and you know, teach my kids about Roman, ancient Roman phalanx warfare. And yes, of course, that's that's what boy dads do.
Speaker 4: I came home last night and Andy was watching something on YouTube. It was like growing up in the most conservative part of Russia and it was just him and the baby were watching this on YouTube. I was like, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: No, sweetheart, you play your cards right, This could be us in a few I.
Speaker 4: Was like, are you watching? Are you watching just like places that like wives can't talk back? Are you just like imagining a life far far away?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a wistful tear away.
Speaker 2: This was right after he Andy put his credit card away after getting two day shipping on a France national team Jersey.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, yes, exactly, that's your That is my life.
Speaker 2: Actually, that's the whole thing. There is something with girl dads too, where I almost see maybe I'm imagining this, but there almost seems like a flirtatious like virtue signaling like I'm a girl dad and I'm also willing to cheat on my wife. Seems like the vibes from.
Speaker 4: These videos, Yes, it feels like they're trying to get pussy by with their daughters. That's that is another thing that I'm like, it's really gross. Like there's literally one where the guy was like, when you're a six foot five dude, like macho dude, but you still aren't have to girl dad. And it was like him on stage with his daughter in a tutu, and I was like, you don't need to be listing your height, dude.
Speaker 1: You know, I was just gonna say body fat. Was gonna he wrote his body fat out and then deleted it because he was like, yeah too much, maybe too much?
Speaker 4: Yeah with an annual income.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, that that's a bummer. I didn't realize that that there was that edge to it, but yeah, I mean I guess that's true with any like hyper masculine thing that they're they're probably that subtext, right, what what's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 4: Vaping?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 2: Because the tide has turned against vaping?
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you quitting?
Speaker 4: Or I just got back to it after you know, pregnancy and having a child, And I gotta say that first hit, I was like, is there a heroine in there? Like, right, this is the greatest feeling I've ever had.
Speaker 1: Have you ever vaped? Jack? Or yeah, I'm like seven months off of it currently. Good for you.
Speaker 2: Sorry you're in your final trimester.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. And I just can't wait to get this kid out of me, so I can't Yeah. Yeah, Now, I just like I got I got real sick one time, and and like I found myself like like in a bed, like coughing and like so sick, and then like just quietly like vaping into my sleeve, and I was like, that's fucking terrible, Like just like the darkest. Didn't feel good, didn't feel vulnerable like a like a girl dad should all felt weak.
Speaker 2: Girl dads don't use beds. They sleep they stand like a yeah, they.
Speaker 1: Sleep standing up with yeh in a athletic stance next to their daughter's bed, just ready to kill anyone comes Yeah with a loaded head, Daddy, what are you doing to sleep? Just fucking love you so much? I don't think that's a good way to work through that emotion. Nor. Yeah, I feel like there's an unwritten, like long read article about how vaping is, like secretly it's good for you, well because it's replacing cigarette smoking, which is so bad for you, right right, compared to vaping, isn't it is? Like that's always I guess That's what I always told myself when I was vaping, and then I never really like looked it up to double check. I was just like, nah, it's fun.
Speaker 4: I feel like when you don't know what the end looks like, it's at least we can assume. I think it's whatever you want it to be, Like it could be worse or it could be better. We really won't know for another ten years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly. For me, I was like, it's like sleeping in a room with a humidifier that where the water is like, yeah, the water's been bathed in by a smoker, basically.
Speaker 2: Say something so dark where I everything is fine, but I had.
Speaker 7: A family member like a doctor goes oh, you have cancer, and we're all like, oh my god, and they go, it won't be the cancer that kills you though, and we're like, oh, okay, that's why, like something else will kill you before that. You won't live long enough for the cancer to kill you. Was like essentially what the.
Speaker 2: Doctor was saying, no, no, no, no, no, no, something else, and we are going to take a quick commercial break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back listening to big money doctor. Your relative was like get delivering a prognosis that was like, you have cancer, and the cancer is not what's going to kill you, because you have this other thing that is like way worse, worse.
Speaker 2: So my I have a relative who's older and they were told by a doctor who's not a family member or a friend. I'm working on that. I'm trying to befriend the doctor, but because they say things like this, but they were like, yeah, a great bedside manner, and they we bunked up after this news. Uh but yeah, I know that's what they were saying. They were like, oh, hey, like you're old, so the cancer You're too old for cancer to kill you. Was essentially what they were saying, which is which you can take it both ways. You can be like, oh my god, that's so depressing. My body is going to shut down before the cancer gets it, or it's like, well I beat cancer in a way. You know, it's it's a sprint, not a marathon. Yeah, it's the other way. Yeah, and we will be right, we I know I am. We are up against it against Yeah, I'm sweating profusely.
Speaker 1: Why do you keep making the wrap it up gesture while you are speaking.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm because I'm doing this into a mirror.
Speaker 1: All right, we are going to take a quick break. We'll be right back. And we're back. And guys, I'm so jealous of megachurches. The there's two Texas megachurches that went viral on TikTok this week for their extravagantly gaudy Christmas shows, the Preston Wood Baptist Churches. The Gift of Christmas show featured a performance of the Little Drummer Boy, which looks like a fever dream about Tron Legacy starring the Blue Man Group. Hell yeah, it's really it does. Like the first thing I thought was like Tron and also but like derivative Tron, so like the Black Eyed Peas super Bowl halftime show, does anybody remember that? Is that a touchdown for anybody else? It was like twelve years ago. I feel like, let's get it started right like that. You're yeah, right, yeah, Like that was definitely played. But they they were coming off a string of like seven identical hits and then they were the Super Bowl halftime show, and I just remember the whole thing was like kind of glowing, the dark day glow, like people who had just had the idea for the first time, like what if aliens? Yeah, and yeah like that That's kind of what this reminds me of. Also, there's like a lot of stuff is like graffiti.
Speaker 4: But yeah, there was a graffiti backdrop, like, uh, it was giving like Hamilton.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's giving Hamilton big time. Like the graffiti is like the graffiti written by those white people during the Black Lives Matter protests where they were like kill whitey, but it was like written in calligraphy and you're like, that's not real, man, that's definitely you writing that on your own garage. But also I'm no expert. But wasn't the whole point of Little Drummer Boy that a poor child had no riches to give? The baby Jesus and had like just had the immaterial gift of music. I am an expert and that's true. You are an expert. That is what your senior thesis was was written about what. Yeah, but this is basically like that song written by people who are like lighting cash on fire on stage.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's like a there's a there's a clip of Ashley and Jessica Simpson singing Little Drummer Boy in like a really cunty way from like years.
Speaker 1: Ago, and that's how you know the content.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like and it's like that things like that is one hundred percent what is going on here. They are just cut Christmas carols.
Speaker 1: All day that needs to be its own, Like that's what I call Christmas music collection County Carols. Yeah, the whole family. But yeah, they it like true like the so there's drummers on stage, Like suddenly there's a dag low backlit thing on stage where it's like the lyrics to the song written in shitty graffiti, and then the drummer starts flying through the All of the drummers just take off from the stage like it's a fucking pink concert and they're just drumming through the air while like dancers start dancing below, and the whole thing just makes Celine Dion's Vegas act look understated by comparison.
Speaker 4: I mean, I was at Mariah Carey's Christmas concert two nights ago looking at these tiktoks. I was like, I was ripped.
Speaker 1: Off, Like yeah, it's cheap.
Speaker 4: It made it made Mariah Carey's Christmas concert look like a small church is little like recital. Yeah, like Mariah, Sorry, yeah, sorry, Maria. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: The church defended itself to the press, stating that they're not ashamed to pull out all the stops in celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ during the Christmas season. They even offered to pray for those of us ridiculing their show. I just love it anytime they say Jesus Christ both together, it is like such a specific and yes, it's written in italics. Yeah, it's written and spoken in italics. So a few days later, Cross Town, another Texas megachurch, went viral for its Christmas show, which featured a literal flying Santa sled which we all remember from the from the Gospel, and a Nativity scene with an elephant elephant.
Speaker 2: Real elephant straight up, and then another church across town used all their money to breed a type of reindeer that actually has a red nose over centuries, and finally debuted it as well, Yeah it's radioactive and yeah.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, yeah, backfired and it also had laser eyes and it killed most of the congregation.
Speaker 4: Even worse, it actually it lives two hundred and fifty years, which is worse.
Speaker 1: It's unkillable.
Speaker 4: You can't kill this reindeer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last year that there's also like, uh, sorry for I guess we love Jesus too much. Okay, we built an unkillable reindeer that has laser eyes and glowing nose. Sorry, if we love.
Speaker 4: Jesus, now, who's going to take care of it?
Speaker 1: We please? It's killed most of us. Last year in Oklahoma, church got at ten Jim for its show featuring the traditional Yule Tide. Bon Jovi covers that they're living on a prayer and a reboot of Ariana Grande seven Rings with new lyrics like oh, mother, Mary, I pray she's slaying and lashes and diamonds, tithes and something else.
Speaker 2: My computer just praying. I'm guessing praying, I'm guessing praying.
Speaker 1: I didn't praying, Yeah, praying, Yeah, tithes and offerings praying would have been better, but yeah, me, I don't know. I love everything about this. I love that it's like an arms race of gaudiness. I love that their response is somewhere between like, Okay, then I guess you can arrest me for loving Jesus too much. Didn't know that was a crime, and also like, what's the matter, loser? Jealous? Like that feels like the real vibe. It's like, oh, sorry, does your church suck? Maybe that's the problem.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, and obviously, or we have a hotter Santa with a tighter beard, like they're making like everyone sexier.
Speaker 1: Two yeah, yeah, truly, I bet they're Santa has a six pack.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Santa has huge tits.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, we really apologize. Maybe if you pray harder, you'll get a sexier Santa with bigger tits.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I am desperately jealous. I truly wish my parents, Like I lived in Kentucky for three years and this was an option for like all my friends in Kentucky got were like part of one of these major like Evangelical, Disneyland, Ice Christianity type megachurches like that one of the good like basketball games after school was a Fellowship of Christian Athletes game where you would like play for an hour and then you would like go listen to somebody like testify for a half hour, and I I fucked up. Yeah. Yeah, it was like at halftime the half of that show, it like it seems pretty easy, Like it seems like they mostly leave you alone to enjoy the light show. As long as you say that, like you're saved. That's the main thing you have to be like, yeah, I've saved. I led Jesus into my heart and it was like a tiny orgasm of the soul and now we are good here, so you can move on to the next person because I'm just enjoying the bond jove.
Speaker 4: I feel like mega churches don't get in your business either, Like they just I don't know. I'm like, if you're gonna if you're gonna make that much money, you better put on a show, like right, you could you could just have a Christmas thing where they don't do anything. I'm like, if I am part of a megachurch, I want I want mega church. I want I want them to go big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, live up to the name. Please thank you.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yeah, where is this money going when I just gave you an iPhone into the collection chart? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the elephants wild.
Speaker 4: You gotta know, it's got to go somewhere, and at least it's going to I don't know, at least it's going to them getting entertained. It's not it's not going to the church's lawyers. Let's put it that way.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's going to the church of lawyers too. But yeah, you can't. You can't suspend six private citizens above one hundred feet above the floor of your amphitheater without getting some pretty good legal representation. I feel like.
Speaker 4: That's really that's really a great point. It's really a great point. But at the same time, what I'm saying is, at least they're putting that money towards entertaining people and hopefully not covering up molesting them.
Speaker 1: You know, hopefully. We cannot speak to that, but yeah, you can't speak to that.
Speaker 4: But you know, yeah, one dollar towards display riders is a dollar less to cover that's right.
Speaker 1: Or we could just tax churches.
Speaker 4: Because yeah, that's or wet then that's yeah, that could be.
Speaker 1: And then use that money for things like I don't know libraries, for instance, it's a slippery slope. Yeah. A new study released by the American Library Association revealed that Gen Z and millennials are visiting libraries way more often than older generations. They there's so much news that is just like the various trappings, various ways of dressing up the idea that like gen Z and millennials are poor, like they don't have any money and Baby boomers kept it all and yeah, but that's what we're off.
Speaker 2: They're more likely to pick up food off the street and eat it, cleaning the street, you know, because like the other they're poor to for food. Is that what it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah. Basically, fifty four percent of gen Z millennials visit an honest to goodness physical library this past year, and they have a preference for print books not digital one, which I fully identify with because yeah, like just any break from the phone is a screen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, dude. When I don't look at my phone for an hour, I feel like I've done community services so great. I feel like I've done something good in the world. And all I've done is that in my house not looking at my phone. I'll be even if I'm watching TV. If I do it without looking at my phone, I feel like I just helped the world.
Speaker 2: Right, It's incredible. Do you hold onto your books too, Like do you have bookshelves in your homes as well?
Speaker 1: Or do you give them away?
Speaker 4: I have bookshelves full of books I've never even opened. Yeah, and I never will. I'll just look at them.
Speaker 1: I'm very streamlined. We just uh we we have like book burnings in our backyard that we just you know, get, you know, make a show.
Speaker 2: You do them right too. Yeah, you have a guest list for those. My wife and I used to have separate bookshelves for like my books and her books, and it got so embarrassing of like the Smart Ship that she reads, and then for me it was like Jaleen Roses autobiography.
Speaker 1: The Second Printing and from the Road. So yeah, we had to start mixing them up. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is something nice just having a physical book, like a tangible book in your hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really love it. Yeah, magazines. I still like having magazines, and because the print industry is dying, like they're very thin, so they're easier to carry around. There's no, there's not there's no advertisements in them, so you just yeah, yeah, but yeah, I don't know. The library system is extremely vulnerable right now thanks to budget cuts and you know, some right wing trolls, so we maybe we it would be worth it to like text text church doesn't give it the libraries. This is the craziest Yeah. But or or we could just keep escalating the the mega church Christmas performances. I do think that by just focusing on the Christmas performances, we are letting them off easy with regards to the other big celebration because East the Easter performances are pretty fucking terrifying. They because they like some of them go like really bloody that there are definitely examples where they're like anti.
Speaker 4: A yeah, yeah, well not that not that part. Let you right up to it. That there was a bit of a time.
Speaker 2: That I apologize, okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I do like I do like that they that there's a lot of blood and gore at least, you know, like let's go, let's go Old Testament.
Speaker 1: Yeah mm hmmmm. I think they like just leave Easter to be about bunnies and candy eggs, but get your gore out during Halloween. Like I think they there's a thing called hell House that they used to do that's like a megachurch themed haunted house. But it's basically like, this is what's gonna happen to you if you don't let Jesus into your heart.
Speaker 2: It sounds awesome if you're right to that, Like, if you're into a haunted house. What's better than that?
Speaker 1: Like really the trick of yeah, like the ultimate movie trick of just being like, I don't know, the bad guy's a nun. Maybe, like, you know, religion just as amps everything up ten x. So why not have these megachurches just start doing the haunted houses as well? They would probably.
Speaker 2: Suck and even the face value of people actually believe this, like and then putting that like that's kind of the other fear, Yeah, like parallel fear that you can have simultaneously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just put slash that at the end for the non church people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. And it is that time of the year when the doctor suits classic the Grinch just gets shoehorned into every political message. Right now, this year, we've got Trump's lawyers citing how the Grinch sol Christmas to argue against Jack Smith's prosecution timeline. They're like, he's given us too much work for Christmas break. They said, this proposed schedule would require attorneys and support staff to work round the clock through the holidays, inevitably disrupting family and travel plans. It is as if the Special Council quote growd with his grinch fingers nervously drumming, I must find some way to keep Christmas from coming? But how And then they like cite doctor sus how the Grinch stole Christmas Random House nineteen fifty seven, and the publisher It is like how lazy Trump's lawyers are. It's like me writing a fucking paper in third grade, you know, eighth grade, just trying to like pad out the word count as much as possible.
Speaker 2: Why have I read read?
Speaker 1: I know I brought the Grinch.
Speaker 2: It's really the only thing I can think of right now, actually, so we might as well cite that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Marjorie Taylor Green is currently selling Biting Grinch wrapping paper because there's no better way to stick it to the Democrats than paying twenty five dollars for a single roll. Of wrapping paper. But that's you know, there's thereness.
Speaker 2: I think the wrapping paper is the gift right there?
Speaker 1: You got the gift itself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, the box is empty. Why would you think there's something in the box. Look at the wrapping paper. That's the gift. That's the gift.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and now are you proving you can use it for next Christmas?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 4: It's like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: But the Biden Grinch comparisons kind of pale in comparison to the onslaught of Trump as Grinch memes we got during his presidency. There were just so many Grinch Trump there. They were like viral videos and twenty twenty a liberal pack made an ad comparing Republican centers Kelly Loffler David perdue to the Grinch, Republican Group launched a five figure digital ad depicting top Democrats as Grinches. There were definitely viral videos with Trump as the Grinch. There was a whole Grinch parody children's book about how Justin Trudeau stole Canada's freedom with COVID safety measures that somehow became a best seller. So it's tough, like part of these like stop doing this, this is dumb, and but it clearly just like resonates people are just like the Grinch is having a moment.
Speaker 4: It's funny to me that they really feel like it's like sticking it to each other, that they're really getting each other with this. Yeah, you know, just they're like, oh, well, everybody hates the Grinch. It's like he's actually a pretty beloved character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the fucking protagonist of all the stories that he's in.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, like he's the only monster that's got his own movie. Yeah, you know, like it's got his own like beloved, happy ending movie. It's like, oh, thank god, the Grinch is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has a dog.
Speaker 4: I mean he's like, yeah, you know, he is kind of like an unpaid intern, but you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his dog is true. But he loves it. He loves you.
Speaker 4: Looking at me so happy, he's so happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It ignores the fact that the Grinch ultimately become good and returns everybody's Christmas presence and like loves Christmas by the end of the movie. And I feel like it's gonna be extra ineffective on younger people who grew up with like the newer Grinch movies, like the the Jim Carrey Grinch movie from two thousand. I think the Who's are just like.
Speaker 2: Total assholes from that long ago. Yeah, isn't that crazy? They're like rich kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah it it blew my mind. Like we are at the twentieth anniversary of the movie. Elf, that finding that out made me feel fucking blew away into a cloud of fucking ash and dust. But yeah, messed up. God. Yeah. And the Grinch and in the Jim Carrey movie is also like mad at them because they bullied him and ostracized him purely based on his looks. That's like everybody who's like raised on that is going to be like, what, okay, fine, if Biden's the Grinch, like you guys, guys are awful, you guys are terrible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Biden, as we all know, he's been ostracized purely based on his looks.
Speaker 1: That's true. Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 4: Exactly, and his ability to ride a bike effectively, The.
Speaker 1: Grinch and he both seem equally dry. They both seem like they would go up in flames if like a single like ember brushed against them. For some reason, the Grinch has always seemed very dry, especially the Jim Yeah, am I the only one?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 4: I feel like he seems a little wet.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's Jim Carrey grinch.
Speaker 2: Let's not fight, let's not fight on here. I don't like this cross talking.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, so help me God. Yeah he does, he does. He always seems to like manage to be a little bit dry to me. But maybe maybe he.
Speaker 4: Is made of muppets, which does seem flammable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because he's around. Is the snow melting in the cave, because that's what I'm thinking to a cave is traditionally wet. But if an iglow, an igloo is not really wet, is it because it's so cold?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: How cold is it there?
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry that I started this. I abologize.
Speaker 1: No, I need to go to the hospital.
Speaker 4: So sorry.
Speaker 2: A segment What is an igloo?
Speaker 1: How is that's when we go to live when we have a live show for this podcast, that's going to be the the thing the crowd yells? How what.
Speaker 2: The reviews of the show were, It couldn't have been worse. Nothing was textualized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just us getting them to shout and then right, yeah, anyways, stop, I feel like that the time has passed. This is the Grinch thing is for is being the anti Grinch agenda is being pushed by like news producers in their fifties, you know, who don't don't know the truth about the Grinch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's by boomers for boomers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I don't know how to say that altogether, like you would say fou bu, but it's something like.
Speaker 1: It is there.
Speaker 2: It's just sort of a semi yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The Grinch is like ultimately by the end of the movies kind of like a girl dad to Cindy lu who, you know, Like he really kind of shows up. He's not the you know, father, but he's the father who shows up. Whatever that's saying is about stepfathers, you.
Speaker 4: Know, the original girl dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, he's the father's step that's so worship him. All right, let's talk about leave the world behind. This is a movie. I went and saw it in theaters. I was so excited about it. I don't think that's true. That is true? Is that true? That is true? I saw the trailer. I was like, this looks cool. The trailer, not the one. There's like a minute and a half trailer that I think most people have seen. There's another one with like an LCD sound system song that is really cool. I really loved the trailer. It's one of my The trailer is one of my favorite movies of the year. The movie is not one of my favorite movies of the year. The movie ends up like I don't know, I don't want to spoil anything, but I think you can probably if you've seen if you know anything about it. It like kind of has the message that we get in a lot of movies like this that like the preppers were right was right alone essentially, but it is certainly striking a chord. It's the number one movie. It's been the number one movie on Netflix since it came out, and I think they're saying it's going to be the top movie of the year, and there's there's a bunch of things that are I think it was helped by the fact that Elon Musk complained about the movie despite the fact that he didn't watch it. He's been There's a part where Tesla's come alive basically and start attacking the protagonists, and it's not as like dumb as that sounds, but it kind of is.
Speaker 4: While you're watching, if there's a moment where you're taken out of it and you're like, Okay, this is why am I stressed out right now?
Speaker 1: Like this is very stupid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is dumb. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's basically you know how for a long time in action movies, like action movie villains would just be like hack hack the building and make it blow up, and they would just like type five computer keys and then the building would blow up. This is like that, but like on a global scale. It's just like we're under cyber attack. The cars can come alive. Now, it's just like every kind of ill informed, technophobic article that has been published in the mainstream media over the past twenty years, just like compiled into.
Speaker 4: One place one movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then and then they're also just like what rich people should have books.
Speaker 4: There's also racism, yes, and as like as like a b story, there's like there's like racism that just sort of seems to settle down.
Speaker 1: Right yeah in the middle of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and yeah, that part kind of weird me out. There was like a weird like moment between the two characters.
Speaker 1: The mom and the Roberts.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, and I was like, this is so wait, is this the end of the Is this the end of her being racist? It was like yeah, and then it just never gets addressed. After that, I was like, what the where did that storyline go? Like?
Speaker 1: Was there were certain.
Speaker 4: Things where I was like, Okay, there's like some loose ends that really just it kind of ends the way a sketch would end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh you didn't watch past the credits. So they address all of it like if you if you watch past.
Speaker 4: The credits, Oh okay, okay, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Bailed too early. I see the post credits sequence where they together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I always forget to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, essentially revealed ant man, is this is part of the Marvel Shared Universe? I think, like what one question that was constantly on my mind the whole movie is like how much are we supposed to hate the this family? Like the Julia Roberts Ethan Hawke. I'm like, because I did like this is as much as I've disliked a protagonist of a movie like that, just both of them seem they are unlikable, Yeah, deeply unlikable, like portraits of what is wrong in with like a lot of people in our world, but like and then and then they don't seem to like clean it up. It's not like, oh, well they're better now, it's just they Yeah, you're right, it's like they they don't really change.
Speaker 4: And even the other family, like his wife like just like I think died or something they never addressed, but like it's assumed that his wife is dead, like twenty four hours before we meet him. And then he's like having this moment with Julia Roberts, and I'm like, wait, didn't your wife Like just what the I'm like, all of you are really emotionally just not air.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, yeah, it's sorry. I just I haven't seen my wife in three days, so obviously you know I'm very lonely. Yeah. Yeah. So Elon Musk called it out because he was like, teslos can charge from solar panels. Even if the world does go full mad Max, there is no more gasoline, so what our cars are gonna be fine, which like is in no way a reaction to what is happening in the movie. Like I don't even know what he thought based on that response, but it did certainly help people be like, oh, this movie is something that I can watch.
Speaker 4: It's so upsetting too to know that if there was a cyber attack that Elon Musk would be on X saying the world has gone full mad Max, like that is how he would address it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: That's the last like the last book that that trouble Royer read was The Grench. He's only seen Matt Max and his response does it make sense either? Where it's like if there were like inventory robots that try to like keep having sex with the mail cashiers and the owner was like, yeah, but they have great battery life. You know, it's like, no, that's not really the point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is over a weekend. What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Really not the problem? Yeah, No, that's great about the batteries, but that's.
Speaker 2: Not the problem. Congratulations. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The other big reason that it's become a focal point of conspiracy theories is that it is produced by the Obamas as part of their like overall deal with Netflix. They are like producers. They came on the way producers do. They're like, Okay, we're gonna lend you our name and some money, and you have to put up with me like reading the script and writing notes on it. And you just have to read the notes. You don't have to do anything about them, but you do have to read them. And that's that's what happened. And people are like the Obamas are trying to tell us something. Yeah, they're like theorizing that it's some kind of warning from the Obamas about like what's coming the whole thing. It's just like, I think that's like what I disliked about it is like it is a dumb person's idea of like what a smart person would think is like going, like is dangerous about the current state of the world is yeah, like, oh man, they can they can hack anything, bro, they can fucking hack anything. Dude. You fucking yeah your microwave they could fucking hack that, dude. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's like retelling the the plot lines of it. It's almost as if it makes you feel like you're high and you're pitching a movie to your friend. Yeah, right, like yeah, and then like maybe I don't know, like some tesla's could like chase the family down and I don't and maybe they got to find a bunker. And also there's racism.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the scariest monster of all And we'll say that in the movie.
Speaker 2: We'll say say that, Yeah, and the friend you're pitching it too, is President Barack Obama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's wild to me that they decided. I think I think he like read the book and so that that was like it was probably like on one of his lists of you know, novelists. But the the conspiracy theory that is pretty convincing is of course connecting this movie to Matthew Perry's death. After all, he used to date Julia Roberts. He died on her birthday. I don't probably don't have to connect all the dots after that, right, Like, you guys get it. There's an eclipse on the poster, and the next eclipse is on Matthew Perry's birthday. Leave the World Behind one ninety two, Eclipse one ninety two, Chandler one ninety two. Bunker Commodist, Roman Emperor Commodist died year one ninety two by drowning. Everything is put in on purpose by the elite. Perry knew his time was coming, and so he uh, you know, made a deal to collect you know, to get out. That's that's from an actual Reddit post. And then someone responded more like by the Obama's aka elite. Yeah, so pretty I mean that one makes you think, right, like the Eclipse commedists. But what I don't have to say anymore. You guys are connecting the dots on your own, so I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, it will be a part two to this episode where we can discuss this further of god knows how many too.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to get killed here, you know. So there's there's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be actually a subsequent one to ninety two episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is episode just the three of us working it out.
Speaker 4: Just trying to figure out just getting to the bottom of this, going frame by frame, getting after it.
Speaker 1: Part of the problems that like the movie really does have like hidden details, like they the director who is sam Ismail, the director of Mister Robot, So it's like that's that's where the giant cyber attack comes from. Like it's that that's kind of that guy's thing. And also it's like in a novel, it did not come from the Obamas. The director did hide like a bunch of six six sixes in the beginning and ending of the movie, so there there are like they were playing into it. There's also like a hidden QR code in the CNN map, so that so it definitely is matt the Matthew Perry conspiracy. I think we can all agree because they hit the six there.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean you can't argue with that kind of logic.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know, guys, keep your eyes open, That's all I'm saying, rock solid. Did you like the movie, Rosebud?
Speaker 4: I actually did like the movie, And then the more I thought about the movie, the less I liked it. Yeah, but I really liked the experience of watching it. It was just like then I got Then I started thinking about it, and I was like, there's a lot that doesn't make a ton of sense here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, yeah, there's really cool moments though, for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it was really cool. It was just like a fun movie. It was fun to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, the fun movie that then is like sending secret signals to the dumbest people on earth to be like, yeah, you're right. Everything you've ever been worried about is writ vote.
Speaker 4: Trump, and they're so thirsty need to be told. Any kind of affirmation for them is like anything. They're just it's like, so I knew that was gonna happen while I was watching, but it's like you watch that and it's like there's all this all these plots, there's so much action in one movie and so little like character development, and then you watch like May December and it's like there's a lot of character development and nothing is happening. And I'm like, can I get one thing?
Speaker 1: What? Just?
Speaker 4: Can we just get a movie that's like you get both?
Speaker 1: I don't know, something good? Please? Can I just.
Speaker 4: I don't mean to say that either of these movies are bad, because I've enjoyed both of them, but yes, I that's essentially yeah, I guess I.
Speaker 2: Just really like for me now, I'm I'm with you. I am no bit gonna watch this movie now, Like yeah, you said, like I I sometimes you want to watch a movie where you don't have to think about anything and it's that entertains you. So yeah, but yeah, maybe I'll I mean, once I scan the QR code, who the hell knows what's what's going to happen?
Speaker 1: But yeah, because they like kept it a secret when it was in theaters, like it was in like five theaters, like I had to. I saw the trailer. I was like, wait, this isn't theaters and has been for like three weeks. It made like forty five dollars in its theatrical run, and then but it dropped on Netflix. I was like, man, they're really like doing this director wrong. And then I guess they knew what they were doing. And I do feel like it is like kind of designed for being watched on Netflix, Like it's just because it's got like cool things that happen in it that you don't want to don't want the audience to think too much about, and so you know, they just kind of look up from their phones every once in a while and they're like, oh shit, that's the Tesla's are crashing. Anyways, Rosebuds, Such a pleasure having you. Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Guys, Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 4: You can find me on Netflix. I'm i got a short set on Netflix's Verified stand Up right now, and I'm also on there for That's my Time with David Letterman. But go check out Verified stand Up. And then I'm on Instagram and TikTok as Rosebud Baker and I'm no longer on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Nice, Wow, what happened? What's wrong? You don't love it?
Speaker 4: Just you know, just just mental health. No I just I couldn't anymore health I couldn't anymore. I was like, but you know, I still I'll log into Andy's sometimes and just like read people's tweets because I do. I do miss that part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I do amazing. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying a work of media? Yeah, just anything anything you've watched. Sure, Hers, I just.
Speaker 4: Meant I feel like I just mentioned it, but that but May December, I'm like right in the middle of it. I was watching it right before the podcast, and it's it is good, like it's there's I also haven't seen Natalie Portman in a wild Yeah, so nice to see her.
Speaker 1: She's incredible, she's great. Everybody in the movie's really good. It's Yeah. That that was one that just like fucking stuck with me. After I watched it, I was like, oh, man, I can't.
Speaker 4: Does it Let me ask you this. Does it pick up in terms of like cause I'm I'm in it, I'm in it, I'm it's weary. I know it sounds like I hate it, but.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch it in chunks, so I have I'm having a hard time, Like I didn't I didn't walk away from it being like nothing happened. But then I have talked to people who walked away from it being like, well that just sort of ended. But I thought it was like really kind of perfect.
Speaker 4: Like I'm building a lot of tension. I just want I just need something to happen.
Speaker 1: I will say the musical cues, the overly dramatic musical cues like never pay off. Literally, I think that like they are meant to be over overly dramatic.
Speaker 4: Okay, well yeah they're doing a lot of heavy lifting.
Speaker 1: Yeah they are. Yeah, but the performances are great and they are yeah. The Yeah, it's it's very strange, very.
Speaker 4: I wish you asked me if there if there's media I've been enjoying. I need to say again, I am enjoying this. I just I can't seem to enjoy anything without also criticizing it in my brain, which is again getting back to am I depressed or realistic?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I had the same thing with like the new Wes Anderson movie that's like on a lot of people's like year end lists, and I saw that and it was at a time when I was like going through something and just like not in a good place mentally, and I hated it so much and now I'm like, maybe I just need to like rewatch it.
Speaker 4: The short one.
Speaker 1: No, this is destroyd City. It's like it has like a really fun, like desert nineteen fifties aesthetic, because like, I hate it Tom Hanks in the Bill Murray role actually, but he's great. Yeah. Oh Bill Murray might be in there somewhere. I forget. But yeah, I just like didn't like the way it was written or something. But that might just be because I was in a shitty mood. So I might have to go back and watch it.
Speaker 2: I hope you're feeling better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my god, thank you so much too, wel Blake. Where can people find you as their working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Yeah, people can find me. January fourth, I'm headlining Vermont Comedy Club in Burlington, Vermont. I know a lot of Zeitgeist people came out last time, so hope to see you. And then February third, I'm doing a show at my hometown club Helium in Philly, where it's a talk show and it's called the Reviews are In and and my guests read Yelp reviews and Google reviews that we've left for products and companies and restaurants, so it's kind of away or you realize how insane you are, either positively or negatively for leaving reviews. So that's February third and Philly, and then my stand up special Blake Lexler Daddy Long Legs is streaming on YouTube and the audio version just came out, so wherever you get music, you can listen to it. And media that I've been enjoying hyena videos where I've been.
Speaker 1: I don't like use hashtags.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they're for, but I looked at hashtag hyenas on Instagram and like, they're really cute.
Speaker 1: They're really cool, where like.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of hyena cubs and big ones and they're like the laughing noises they make are great. And there's this one girl who's like really sweet with all like and then I like she has a wildlife sanctuary and she like cuddles tigers and stuff, and it is really cute, but you have to put it outside your head, like, oh, a horrific tragedy is going to happen here a year and a half. But there is a lot of really cute stuff there, so Yeah, yenas. Look at hyenas. They're cool with each other. They they laugh, they're great. Yeah, hyena videos.
Speaker 4: I just looked, looked it up and they're they're covered in blood, just.
Speaker 1: Us Blake and there they their faces look like they're shaved raccoons, like they're Have you ever seen a shaved RECs? Like the scariest thing. No, it's cute.
Speaker 2: So yeah, No, they're covered in blood and they laugh. I don't understand where what did you? Yeah, they're really have you ever seen.
Speaker 1: That hilarious feel good Christmas movie The Smile?
Speaker 4: Yeah, these are terrifying.
Speaker 1: Well, you're looking at the wrong ones.
Speaker 2: Rosebud is pulling up the worst pictures. A manageable like a manageable of like of anything unmanageable. That one's carrying a little one, right or what is it?
Speaker 1: Anger reason?
Speaker 4: It looks like it's eating a baby.
Speaker 2: Me, I think they're carrying them.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm gonna keep looking. I'll keep looking.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna think. I don't know what's wrong with me.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, Blake has such a sweet one, and I like made me want to look it up, and then I was covered.
Speaker 1: Oh blood is sick.
Speaker 4: It's probably my algorithm. Honestly, Yeah, no, I like it.
Speaker 1: I like what you showed me. That was the thing, all right, workI media I've been enjoying is this tweet from Chris van artstale in. It was an infographic that said the first episode of that seventies show aired on August twenty third, nineteen ninety eight. It takes place on May seventeenth, nineteen seventy six, eighty one and thirty three days, twenty two years earlier. If it aired today December eighteenth, so this was on Monday at twenty twenty three, the first episode would take place on nine to eleven. So that's just a good thing to keep. Like, just tweeted that I said that nine to eleven show.
Speaker 4: That's flat. I need to know whose brain.
Speaker 1: Chris Benart's dale on. That's wild tji. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeigeist. We're at the Daily Zeikeeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website Daily zeikeist dot com where we post our episodes and our footnotes where we lay off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Super producer Justin Connor, is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yes there is. Jack.
Speaker 3: If you like music so mellow that it sounds like the drummer is trying to play after his parents went to sleep, then you'll love this song.
Speaker 1: Seriously.
Speaker 3: The high hat taps are lighter and more timid than the ones of British Orphan gives when asking for more suit.
Speaker 1: Wow, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that means a lot of you, guys. That was my contribution to the mamable commentary on this song being so chill. But anyway, the song is called Norton Commander Garage Session by men I Trust and you can find that song in the footnotes.
Speaker 1: Footnotes the Daily Zite guys, the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is gotta do it for us this morning. We are back tomorrow with a special Christmas episode and then that's it. We're out. We're done, Except we have a bunch of like holiday Evergreen Holiday episodes we've been recording over the past couple of weeks to keep you guys in context. Well well bright, yeah, so we'll talk to you all then. Happy happy holidays, Blake, happy holidays, Rosebud holidays. See you on the other side. Bye.