Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Rapaport's Reality.
Speaker 2: Rappaport's Reality. My name is Michael Rappaport.
Speaker 1: My name is Keeby Rappaport.
Speaker 2: This is Rapaport's Reality where we discuss all things reality TV, popular culture, and some things regarding the very important, important relationship that I share with my wife Keeby rap Report.
Speaker 1: That's sweet to say, it was very nice.
Speaker 2: That was sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was sweet, all right. I like that.
Speaker 2: Rapports Reality. Still reeling, still reeling from the news that we broke. I broke it to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a rough podcast last week. I want to apologize to the listeners for my really rough I mean I went hard after that. Like I think I was in a mood. You put me in a mood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it worked out good. Though it worked out good. We're talking about the the information that was dropped right before the last rap of Ports reality podcast where of course vander Pump rules and I must apologize because I was corrected a few times. People said it wasn't canceled, and I know it wasn't canceled. It's being completely.
Speaker 3: Recast, recast, rebooted, reimagined.
Speaker 1: That's like canceled to me, Like you know, like depends on who you're taking out and who you're putting in.
Speaker 3: You could call it what you want.
Speaker 1: Listen, we've been through this.
Speaker 2: The title Listen, I wouldn't. It's a valuable title. There's value in the title vander Pump Rules.
Speaker 1: But they're not going to change the title, are they.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a reboot of The New Housewives of New York City with we know how this goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we know how it goes. But m you know what I'm thinking, babe.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm thinking it's Lisa's Restaurants still, but it's in Vegas.
Speaker 3: Whatever you want to do.
Speaker 2: I've been to watch, so mind whatever you want to do, throw whoever you want in there. I no disrespect, but let's let's not try to fool us the fans. Certainly, certainly don't excuse me, certainly, do not try to fool us the fans into thinking that it's vander Pump Rules.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, lightning in a bottle that happens twice.
Speaker 2: No, No, it certainly doesn't happen. Now it's so hard now to really capture the essence of true reality TV because everybody, especially younger people, if you're twenty one, twenty two to twenty.
Speaker 3: Three, you were literally Reality TV's older than you.
Speaker 1: Right, and by the way, you're seeing that, and if you're a performer, this is the way to perform.
Speaker 2: So and I guess check a performer at this point, Like you know, we've talked about how they all come from acting backgrounds or singing backgrounds or singing gas pas videos. But now you're there's people. I see some of these people on TikTok. You could put these motherfuckers on a movie set and go action.
Speaker 1: They're ready to rock now read Yeah, you know they're always looking at some kind of.
Speaker 2: Screen, screen, looking at themselves. They know how to be funny.
Speaker 3: They notw to edit totally.
Speaker 2: So you're never going to capture the innocence of an Ariana Maddox, the innocence of a Katie Maloney, the innocence of the Toms of the way they did with vander Pump Rules. So please do reboot, reimagine. We will come in with an open heart. The open heart is heavy, though it's a heavy heavy.
Speaker 1: I mean it's reserved. I'm going to be reserved. Let's see, let's see what they do. Listen. But the Valley to me, is like a spin off of Vanderpump.
Speaker 2: Really, yes, so sort of sort of but sort of, Babe, Please, when you mentioned vander Pump, I think you can't just throw it around.
Speaker 1: Listen. I'm it's maybe it's me just trying to drink denial. Yeah, I think. I just I'm finding it really hard to believe.
Speaker 3: They shut that shit down. They should.
Speaker 1: You know that when you made a post of get what it was, she Niche commented, did you see her comment?
Speaker 3: Yes, she said we were right or died or.
Speaker 1: Die fans, and that more to come. I don't want to read too deeply into that.
Speaker 3: Maybe she meant with the valley, or maybe she's going to the Valley. Who knows. Who knows.
Speaker 2: But we didn't announce last week because we were so overwhelmed that Schwartz and Sandy's. Two days before vander Pump Rules was announced as being recast, Schwartz and Sandy's Tom Schwartz, Tom Sandivils much discussed much ridiculed restaurant Slash Bar is closing their doors.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but are you surprised?
Speaker 2: No, Okay, I'm not surprised, but we never went there.
Speaker 1: We never went there. I mean, did anybody ever go there. I think some people did. But listen, I worry for these two guys.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not figure it out. I mean, listen, They're never gonna have the high. I worry about them mentally and emotionally because, like I've said before, and I think we talked about it last time on the podcast. We've certainly talked about in the past, when you get fame, any kind of fame at a young age twenty five, whenever they were twenty two, it could fuck you up.
Speaker 1: I know, you get stunted.
Speaker 2: You get stunted, and you stop growing. And they both of them clearly have stopped growing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they stop growing like you're three on the show.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know.
Speaker 2: And I think that's more of what I worry about them for. I think that, you know, there could be a spin off with them. There can be an eight episode with the two of them. They're they're very good. You know, you get the Big three back, you bring in Jack's there, you send them to like I don't know, fuck, I don't know, Paris.
Speaker 1: They should do vacations like they do for the Housewives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, send them in to Paris. So three of them but then they're gonna have to get I don't know. I don't want to see them not sober. The bottom line is they they're closing the door Schwartz and Sandy's. That restaurant had a curse on it to begin with.
Speaker 1: You, I know, are were you sad that you didn't go?
Speaker 2: Though, I'm sad that I didn't go. I'm sad that I didn't go. And you made the prediction. And we don't wish this, We don't wish this, but you said something about her Sandwiches is next. Yeah, and we haven't been there, and Gosh only knows that.
Speaker 3: I mean, they put that work in. It was open, it was closed.
Speaker 1: Then they got the decorator and its fan listen. I think that it's a new era for all of it. I really do. I think that that place closed unless they're going to use that as sort of a spinoff.
Speaker 2: I think Ariontomatics doesn't want anything to do with any of it. I think she thinks that she's, uh, you know, going to be piping hot still, and she might be people like Arionomatics.
Speaker 1: Love what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: She's queen, Yes, she's queen.
Speaker 2: Queen Queen level hopefully. H Schwartz. I mean, those guys should open another restaurant. They should open a restaurant in Vegas.
Speaker 1: That's where you can keep I could see them doing that, but let's just say that doing it in day was weird. They quote air quotes like did they open a restaurant? Like you saw how difficult it was for them to get that place open. It's not easy.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that they're really what's been fun and sad and funny is the post morten Ig post from the whole cast. James Kennedy. James Kennedy seems.
Speaker 3: Like he's coming out as you know, he's on top.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a star DJ.
Speaker 3: Star DJ. He's sober, he's got a solid all.
Speaker 2: Alley's wonderful, wonderful and wonderful astrologists career. You know, Sandoval has come to terms that he posted his thing. Uh, you know, they all posted the thing Sheena La La. They've all said, you know, goodbye and what it meant to them and all that stuff and and and that was.
Speaker 3: It's fucking sad.
Speaker 1: It's really sad. Even as listening to you said, I just I'm not Denial would probably be a good word it's just not sinking in. Even though I was the one that said it's done, it's done, it said that you had no I had nothing to do with that juju out in the world. Yeah, I think I'm very powerful.
Speaker 2: Huh, you can't put that fucking juju out in the world.
Speaker 1: It has nothing to do with me. Anyway, We'll have to wait and see. Let's see what happens.
Speaker 2: I'm just say this, this is not the last we see of the O G. Vanderpump people.
Speaker 1: Oh no, they're all good. What do you think. I think La La and She and are going to end up in the valley for sure. I really deal with the kids, for sure.
Speaker 3: Stacey Schor got out walled fucking she got out.
Speaker 2: Ahead, she did.
Speaker 1: But she has a whole career, like she tours for her book. You know, I think she's on her second third.
Speaker 2: But she got out on you know, before things got too gloomy. Anyway, so that was a big news. And we are still open to h vander Pump rules support group for everybody to vent share their feelings. I want to also pivot into a very very incredible, captivating, heartfelt oh Real Housewives of Salt Lake City.
Speaker 3: Mary Cosby and.
Speaker 2: Some scene that was so heavy. Her son has been struggling with drug addiction and mental health issues and very very genuine. And to see Mary Cosby, who has been just shade shade, shade, shade, shade, be that vulnerable and that human was a big twist and very powerful.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I saw it in her because you know a person who gets that angry that fast and likes to run out the door and disappear and sit in the corner, they're most likely very emotional. Right. Yes, I have a lot of feelings, so I wasn't surprised at that. I was kind of surprised at her her answers, like when she said, I said to you when she said to him basically, I'm not even paraphrasing, but she said something like, what would I do if you weren't here? Because when you talked about not wanting to be here.
Speaker 3: He talked about suicide.
Speaker 1: Suicide. Yeah, And I think it was so because clearly from the show he is everything to her, and the way it made him break down and cry, it was just so beautiful. I just hope that he gets the help that he needs, the right, correct help, and it's not too late, But it was such a moving scene. I just didn't want to watch anything after that though. I was like, oh boy, this is like everything doesn't matter. This kid is in real trouble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's in real trouble. He's in real trouble. But it's it's shaping up to be a very fun season of Real Housewives Assault like city, very dramatic, and it's always good when you mix in the drama with the brown wind and got everything and the husband and uh you know, the Heather gay and it's it's been a good season.
Speaker 1: It's a great season.
Speaker 2: We have two episodes of Married to Medicine queued up. We haven't start.
Speaker 1: Oh that's my favorite show. I cannot wait that. I always love seeing a bunch of black women that are doctors that know how to turn up. Like I just think they're fantastic, like either educated, they're smart, but they're feisty and they're they're a little hood. It's just it's amazing. That's my favorite show.
Speaker 2: And I would be remiss if I didn't discuss the elephant or should I say, huh, the turkey in the room to publicly praise you. Oh good, listen, I break Keebi's balls because I'm a natural.
Speaker 3: Born ball breaker.
Speaker 2: That you do.
Speaker 3: I really am a natural you really are ball breaker.
Speaker 1: That's something thats disruptive, that's yeah natural. Yeah, I know you can't help it, truly.
Speaker 2: But I said, in the fifteen years that Keeby and I have been together, she's cooked two bad meals. One of course, was the infamous try at a vegan vegetarian dinner party, dinner party with some uh uh you know, staunch vegan vegetarians, some of whom didn't show up, and that was the beginning and the end of the relationship with one in particular.
Speaker 3: But that's fine. Uh that was the poorly cooked, not the whole thing.
Speaker 2: But there was just one main course that was just a disaster of vegan slop. And then I think maybe something else, But.
Speaker 1: Did you just say vegan slop?
Speaker 2: You made vegan slop. It wasn't that bad, babe. There was one thing that you I think it was that was so shi It was wrong because it was even like our non judgmental from was like, Yo, this ship is way out there, this ship was and this is a person was like very like not a criticizer.
Speaker 3: But I was like this he was.
Speaker 2: That was a nightmare, were making faces.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was the part that timing was bad because I think it was gluten free pasta. I mean, I can't make excuses for it. But everybody came a little later and so I had to reheat it and it was just a brick. It was a nasty brick.
Speaker 2: But Kibi is a great cook. She doesn't like to say great, but she's a I mean said baby, nobody cares, but you're a great cook.
Speaker 3: Because I wasn't good. So we discussed.
Speaker 2: You know, we wanted to have a simple, a low key Thanksgiving lunch, late lunch, and you fucking kicked ass. You made steak, You made the necessary stuffing homemade from scratch, yes, which I want to say publicly, tasted fantastic.
Speaker 1: It didn't look okay tradition. Have you ever seen a stuffing that is just gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Yes, no you haven't.
Speaker 1: It just looks like mush it. You know when people make it, you may it some crunchy on the.
Speaker 3: It tasted great.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to say no, but don't say it didn't look good.
Speaker 2: You said it looked bad.
Speaker 1: It just I was a little co I was like, okay, what were you looking to see.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: I was at the had apples and had turkey sauce in the minut the top, what do you mean crust on the top that I put it in and I cooked it just perfectly. The top was crunchy, that it was moist enough.
Speaker 2: It was a great. I'm just saying I've seen better looking out.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you wanted to look like next year. Send me a picture. Maybe I'll try to copy it. That's you know, don't be in.
Speaker 3: Do you think the stuff it was perfect?
Speaker 1: I think it was damn near perfect.
Speaker 3: Damn near I'm not.
Speaker 2: I said it tasted great, and I'm not saying it didn't. I want to say i'm it because this is gonna be take it out of context. It's gonna be on the blocks.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna couldn't be in New York Times like recipe section. No, couldn't be in gourmet.
Speaker 2: Maybe not no. But it tasted awesome. That the steak was.
Speaker 1: My mom did tell me to like save some of the apples to garnish and save some of the herbs to garnish it later. But I was like nah.
Speaker 2: And also I will say that I started pounding on the table like you were like, come out here, like its almost ready, and maybe it could have afforded to like sit a little more and would have had a bow if we wanted to photograph it. We didn't want a photograph. I wanted to eat that ship.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: The baby greed.
Speaker 3: You loved it. You tore it up looking so good. The whole thing was good.
Speaker 1: The steak, it was a perfect I mean it's steak instead turkey.
Speaker 2: Perfect low key.
Speaker 1: Thanks London broil, because I don't know anything about meat, but that just seems like the fancy is kind?
Speaker 3: Is that what it is?
Speaker 1: The London broil?
Speaker 3: But then one piece of me, you said this is the more expensive meat.
Speaker 1: No, no, that was a cheaper I said that was a cheaper meat with the fat on it. I don't know what that's called, like rebbi or something. Anyway, I did two different kinds because I wasn't sure when I was looking at I think I remember as a kid, my mom always wanted to London broil because I think she thought that was fancy.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Whatever you made, mom, great, great meal, great Thanksgiving. I made me.
Speaker 1: Squash and oh my cranberry sauce was bombed bangy. I think the whole thing together was pretty gourmet.
Speaker 3: It was a great fucking meal.
Speaker 1: No, I was proud of it.
Speaker 3: I gotta say, man, I like eating steak steaks.
Speaker 1: I don't know that it's good for your stomach.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Some people say eat the steak, not very often the red meat, and then you listen to don't eat the red meat.
Speaker 3: Everybody's got an opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but with your colitis, so you don't want to. It's hard to digest.
Speaker 2: Okay, So it wasn't hard to digest that that ship was good. I think no stomach issues to it. No issue. So I wanted to publicly say that you cooked a great meal. He wasn't fantastic looking, and I want to move on. I don't want to. I don't want to go again further.
Speaker 1: Let's not. I'm glad you liked the meal, But we have to pivot to the movie we watched that freaked us out Thanksgiving weekend, The Substance.
Speaker 2: Starring Demi Moore, whoa I think she's going to be up for Oscar nominations. I think she should.
Speaker 3: And that other one, Quillie Quali whatever her name is. She they both she's amazing.
Speaker 1: Balls to the wall, by the way, very little dialogue in the whole movie, and they acted their asses off.
Speaker 3: Do you want to explain this movie?
Speaker 2: The substance starring Demi Moore and Margo or Margaret Quali.
Speaker 1: I think it's Margo.
Speaker 2: Margo Margaret, that's Margaret because it's no Margaret Margaret market.
Speaker 1: He's beautiful Ali and Andy Andy McDonald's McDowell's daughter her in real life.
Speaker 3: Career.
Speaker 1: They did that show the Maid. I think they did the movie. So this movie had me has me still really and freaked out. I mean, listen, it's all about aging, I would say, and a ego, ego and unnecessary beauty standards we hold ourselves to as women, as women, as women men, and the pressure that's put on women. And Demi Moore plays this fitness television personality who is on her way out because she's too old and they want to replace her with somebody young. And there's this whole idea that there's a what would you say, It's like a market thing that you take panting aging thing and it's almost like it regenerates your souls, but you become another person.
Speaker 3: Yes, a younger version version.
Speaker 1: Of yourself, but it's still you, but it's another physical person outside of your body.
Speaker 2: That's more quality.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I don't want to give too much away because I feel like women should watch this movie.
Speaker 3: This is a great movie.
Speaker 1: This is a great movie. Although if you're in queamish, because it is sort of a horror movie. If you're squeaming with the blood and stuff, I say, close your eyes, put your hands up, no, because I know some people get really freaked out. And by the way, I had a dreaming No stop, babe, I had a dream that night that I was like outside of my body, you know, looking at pimples on my butt. Not to help that, don't give anything away, sorry, but this dream was so weird. I was like, in the dream, I was going, how can I see my ass?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: How am I actually seeing my ass from behind?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: It was very bizarre. Anyway, the movie has me looking in the mirror a certain way.
Speaker 2: Now, Yes, because I'm.
Speaker 1: Sagging here and I'm sagging there. And I know you can get a facelift, but after the facelift years later, you're still going to age. Listen, you cannot fight it. I don't care what anybody thinks. You can great, you could look better, but you're still gonna look.
Speaker 2: It's gonna cap You're gonna look.
Speaker 1: Twenty four again.
Speaker 2: And that's why we say that in this film there were parts of Demi Moore, who was perfectly cast because she's almost one of the iconic movie stars from the eighties into the ninetieses who we've watched aged, who has clearly, you know, had done some cosmetic stuff and clearly been one of the age defying stars from again the eighties in the nineties, who represents that because she's sixty something now.
Speaker 1: Sixty two years old, she's only sixty two, eighty sixty two, she's.
Speaker 3: Been around what a fucking career.
Speaker 2: But she looks amazing. First of all, Also, I want to say they're both at times butt ass.
Speaker 1: Naked at times every time, like every scene they're fucking one of them's yeah, butt ass, totally everything out.
Speaker 2: And I just did a little project where I was in my underor and I was like, these motherfuckers are not playing like their butt ass.
Speaker 1: How did you feel just standing there in front of everybody?
Speaker 2: Fine, yeah, once you do it, you do it, And I'm like, you know whatever, you just First of all, no one gives a flying fuck.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: I mean maybe if I was.
Speaker 1: But you were, you were in your underwear.
Speaker 3: But maybe if I was ripped, they'd give a fuck.
Speaker 2: But then people on a set, they're they're busy, they're working, yeah, and they also, you know, they know like, Okay, this guy's standing in his fucking underwear, you know whatever. But maybe if I had, you know, like if I was like shredded down, maybe people would be. But again, you're when you're doing it for hours and hours, like in that movie Days they were butt ass naked. That was in just one day of butt ass nakes.
Speaker 1: And then, by the way, don't think about it because there's so much not to give it away, there's so much makeup that's happening and special effects. They got to be naked for that, the whole you know, the thing on our back. Anyway, it's really intense.
Speaker 3: It's a great film.
Speaker 2: It's a squeamish film, but I think it's an important film. I would say it's flawed, but it needed to go as far as it went. The usual the cinematography, the set design, the art direction, the makeup effects, it's all great. I'm not usually into those things, but it's reminiscent of David Krodeberg's films. There's definitely a Stanley kuber Cooper.
Speaker 1: There's It's Shining.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Shining it's you know, like nineties like pulpy sort of sexuality met with you know, the Elephant Man. Totally.
Speaker 1: I mean you just saying all that is like what I know, people are going like what what is that?
Speaker 3: Watch?
Speaker 1: It's totally worth watching that, and you hit it all correct.
Speaker 2: It's a very good, fun film and I would love to hear people's opinion about it. It's one of these films that's being discussed like of course yes on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Well, the woman who directed she did another movie.
Speaker 3: Called Revenge, which we gotta watch.
Speaker 1: We gotta watch that. But it was filmed so amazing.
Speaker 3: That's an artist.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was an art film. Every breath, every everything was thought about, every costume choice, every lighting, every color. It was truly incredibly done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a very very good film, and it's the kind of film that you could, you know, do analysis of because of sort of the of the meaning and you know what's being said and what's not being said, what's being implied.
Speaker 3: And we had a great time.
Speaker 1: And it messed me up, though, Yes, it messed me up.
Speaker 2: Obviously you had a dream about looking at your ass. Yeah.
Speaker 1: That and also I bought I bought a ton of money worth of facial products from Rescue Squad, Like, what.
Speaker 3: Is that ship?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 1: You asked me to buy your cream?
Speaker 2: So I bought tim cream?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have two creams.
Speaker 3: And one cream, one from the road and one for.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, but they were it's fancy. Are you kidding me? You know it's a biologic.
Speaker 3: It's expensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got this from a makeup artist that did your makeup on a show, and you're you haven't. I think you need to change because I got some good stuff.
Speaker 2: There's other ship that Yeah, there's just stuff.
Speaker 1: From Margie's from Monte Carlo.
Speaker 2: Well, I need to do that because especially the way I'm losing things, Babe, I want to know I got it.
Speaker 3: I got to make a confession to you. What So the other day when I was in the Uber.
Speaker 2: Oh, I first of all, I listen, there's very few things. I feel like we live in extremely humble life. I had to take an Uber that was an hour. I ordered a luxury size Uber and not an suv. I just wanted like a sedan. Fucking guy showed up with a small Tesla. Tesla, no disrespect tesla and normally.
Speaker 1: Usually usually that's a good size in the back.
Speaker 2: Not for an hour plus, right, you need just your legs. Those regular teslas are not that big. Right, Okay?
Speaker 1: But did you lose?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: What I lost is my thor gun. I lost the ther gun, my second theory.
Speaker 1: That's the second one you've lost.
Speaker 2: I know, and I'm thinking that's that's I get a strap for the fucking thera gun because it was three hundred dollars or two hundred and eighty five dollars.
Speaker 1: Why do you lose things? This is not because I'm traveling last time, last week or a week. iPods last week? Didn't you?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I replaced my iPod. I didn't lose I didn't lose them.
Speaker 3: I I repl what did you lose?
Speaker 1: In a left in a hat? You left a hat someplace?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: You left? What else? You left?
Speaker 2: Something?
Speaker 3: Not my thing?
Speaker 2: Too?
Speaker 3: Normally I don't know, but.
Speaker 1: I tell you, when you're in hotels, you like to spread out immediately.
Speaker 2: Now in ubers too, And you know what I say, Why don't be honest with you. When I got out of the fucking uber, I stood up and I said, let me check to make sure I have all my ship. I looked in there, and because the back of his car was dark and the ra gun is black, is black, and it wasn't on the floor, I should have said to the motherfucker turned the light on, strute, but I had to go piss and I got out of the car and it was cold anyway. I lost my and I don't even know if I show a place it because.
Speaker 1: You can have my white one, you can have the white. It's not as strong though.
Speaker 2: But I don't like losing things. And then the other I didn't lose a bag. I had a bag with my stuff. I left that somewhere, but I found that.
Speaker 3: I'm like, this is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's the pain because you had your wallet in it, and now we have to go back to the city to get your wallet when we did. I don't want to go back. It like it's a thing. I if you should get your brains.
Speaker 2: No, I don't need to get my brain checked. It's because I've been all over the place. I've been all over the place, and I need to keep like I need a leash, Like I need like leashes.
Speaker 3: I should be on a You really should. You're so cute, you should like like when I leave, Like that's.
Speaker 1: Why I'm always on you. You think that I'm nagging you, but most of the time, no, I'm not. I'm not nagging. It's like and I'm not trying to be your mom because that's not good for our sex life. But I do remind you a lot. Do you have this? Do you have that? Do you get because this is what happens.
Speaker 3: Well, now I'm gonna tighten my ship up.
Speaker 1: You should because you can afford to keep buying thearra gun. I'm gonna tighten my sho You have to have a budget for your face cream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to tighten my shit up. I'm not louding now. I'm like, it's like a challenge. I'm not losing ship. It's like a challenge because I don't like that grown man needs to have a forever me too.
Speaker 3: And the crazy thing is I have the original first Generation.
Speaker 1: I can't stand them. They're so loud.
Speaker 2: It's literally like a drill.
Speaker 1: Literally it's they're horrible.
Speaker 3: But it's stronger than there should be.
Speaker 1: A Thearragun music, the m have all the like they've changed so much for that good for.
Speaker 2: Him and for you. You guys know what we're saying. We're saying theragun. These are them body massage tools. You know, you see them.
Speaker 1: They're like the pound.
Speaker 3: But I love them. I love them.
Speaker 1: And Michael seems to use them on the bottom of his feet in ubers, which like you're.
Speaker 2: Not walking and I know, the fucking uber good driver. When he realized it was back, there's probably first like, what the fuck is this the vibrator there?
Speaker 3: And now he's enjoying us.
Speaker 1: Well, he doesn't have the plug to charge it. So anyway, I'm really sorry that you lost it. I think you should get another one. Maybe don't get black so that if you leave it in the seat of a car and then.
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna put a string on it or something because I like using them on planes.
Speaker 1: Maybe you should just not spread out place.
Speaker 3: I know, I know that's the new rule.
Speaker 1: I know, because on a plane you get seated and you put stuff in pocket. First of all, it's discus to stick your hand in the pocket seat of a plane. It's discussing. And yeah, and you'll like put anything in there and your iPod, your pod things, and you'll dig your hand in there and then you blow your nose and then you put a tissue that it's disgusting that your whole etiquette on planes.
Speaker 2: Is what you think I got. Was I replaced I upgraded my phone.
Speaker 3: I didn't get new heads. Oh that's right.
Speaker 2: And of course when you get the new phone, you got to get all new chargers. And again you need charges for when you're traveling, and charges when you're going and could travels in the house and in charge in the car. There's charges every fuck. They get you, and they get you. And I want to say that the iPhone that I have, yeah, has not This camera is like allegedly the best sixteen. It hasn't improved my photography one bit. Bit.
Speaker 1: Have you taken a lot of pitches and.
Speaker 2: Nothing, There's there's nothing that it's done for my photography.
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I think you need practice. I'm not a great phone photographer. I'm not really into it. But you used to be really, really good.
Speaker 2: I've never been good on a phone because I don't know how to work the depth of field.
Speaker 3: I will say this.
Speaker 2: Though, that also with my new phone when you're in a place where there's no service, it doesn't work. Also, it doesn't improve shit. These phones are This is con these fucking phones.
Speaker 1: I know it's con And when I'm looking at it, I and you had to send your sending the old one back right and you know after we watch that show on Netflix. By now the shopping conspiracy, Wow another thing people should tune into because wow, wow, wow, that really rocked my soul.
Speaker 2: Can you sell me for stuff?
Speaker 3: Out?
Speaker 1: Where does it go? Ask yourself that question? Where's out? Or giving it away?
Speaker 3: Where's it going?
Speaker 1: Will? Where's a way? Yeah? Away is not what we think it's called. Buy now. It's a Netflix documentary and it is. It'll make you not want anything. And then you'll go around your house and going like I need to get rid of things. But then now you can't get rid of them because you know where it actually goes.
Speaker 2: One of my goals for twenty twenty five is going to be to get on some minimalist shame.
Speaker 1: Same hold me to it because I after I did that, I just bought a new dress right right, So like I was like, oh this makes me sick. I can't stand it. I went in the closet and I was like, oh, I don't need any of this.
Speaker 2: And then I picked up your phone and you got yourself a new dress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the phone is a nightmare. I mean it's a nightmare. For listen, it's great to keep up with people and social media, I guess, but for me it's a nightmare. Like because I bought some protein powder that gave me a stomach ache the other day, cajava because on Instagram I hadn't been on there. I got on there for some reason. I don't know if it heard me talking, but all of my feed was like all different kinds of protein. Yes, And you know, I'm having this menopausal weight game issue, and I'm like, maybe I need to supplement one meal with the protein powder because I don't get enough protein. And I got some shit that was like forty eight dollars that gives me a stomach ache. Off TikTok off of Instagram. Here's what I do.
Speaker 2: You need to talk to Loof for Rigno or or or or Jake Bondy my Jake. If you can get some protein patty, get it from some girl on Instagram.
Speaker 1: It's a real company. So I see it on Instagram and then I go on the site jake it. Oh whatever, it's like anyway that the phone is dangerous to make you buy things that you absolutely don't need. Yeah, you don't need any you know when you think about it, when you.
Speaker 3: Really think about it, I'm getting rid of a lot of ship What are you gonna.
Speaker 1: Get rid of them? See? The problem with sneakers is the.
Speaker 2: Friend that wants my sneakers, my sneakers, I'm gonna go to somebody that'll appreciate.
Speaker 1: It, sneak, where's the size twelve.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 2: And I'm a little lazy, but I'm gonna be like, yo, I got these sneakers in New York first like our friend Toby he does. It goes first come, first off. And somebody will because the sneakers that I have that are getting there very nice, They're dope, and people will I'm gonna get it somebody that will wear them and that appreciate them.
Speaker 3: And I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Listen, these are all of first class, first generation things to be whining and complaining about.
Speaker 3: But that's why we have the podcast. That's why we have the I mean, they don't want.
Speaker 1: To complain to have nice things and then want to get rid of her. I'm saying that we're gluttonous when it comes to consumption. It just is true. Everyone is. It's like, and when you watch this documentary, you'll be bugged out that we all fell for the Amazon Prime click here.
Speaker 3: That a cult. Yes, they know what the fuck they're doing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's another film that you were saying you heard about j lo is trying to.
Speaker 1: That's what I was going to tell you, j Low. They're saying that this could be a Academy Award.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't talk.
Speaker 3: She wants nomination.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they think that she could get a non for the Academy Awards for Unstoppable, the movie that she did with her ex husband.
Speaker 2: He produced it.
Speaker 3: He produced it, right. I want to say, I like that actor and I don't like the plays the sun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a good actor. I did see the trailer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the tar her.
Speaker 2: In the film. It didn't sound like this was.
Speaker 3: The year, no or the performance. Again, it looks like a good film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the movie looks pretty good. It doesn't often the trailer doesn't seem like she's in it. I think it came out in September. By the way, I think we're late, but I just wanted to say, speaking of like, it's awards season, Yes, awards seasons coming, and we talked about Demi Moore getting an award. I think j Lo might not be although I don't know. There hasn't been a lot of movies. Well we don't really watch a lot of movies, but.
Speaker 2: We do watch the Have you seen, well, I know you've seen. I'm asking the people. Have you guys seen the press junk at the press tour with Ariana Grande And what's the actress's.
Speaker 3: Name, Cynthia Arrivo for Wicked?
Speaker 1: Oh boy? What's going on?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's just we're about what is that ship?
Speaker 3: It's a witches?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the witch that you know. It's about friendship and about the ugly witch she's green and the pretty girl. You know, fairy tales?
Speaker 2: But is it is it based on like, I don't know what is it? Uh?
Speaker 1: What's the movie based on?
Speaker 2: A Is it a book?
Speaker 1: I believe so?
Speaker 3: Or the Wizard of Oz? Is it in spark?
Speaker 1: I think I think it. I think it is. You know what, I don't know. I saw it on Broadway. It's not my thing.
Speaker 3: You saw Wicked on Broadway?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh okay?
Speaker 2: And what's wrong with Ariana Grande and Cynthia Rebel? Why are they freaking out? Let's cut the bullshit.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: Wait, this might be better for your podcast. I could see it. You just change your body position like you're about.
Speaker 2: To go in and like we're trying to do it.
Speaker 1: We're trying to keep it light here.
Speaker 2: What are they doing? I you know, everybody saying what the fuck I know?
Speaker 1: And it's all over. There's memes and they're making fun of them. I think this is a different kind of generation than where we're from, and I think they're highly emotional and very sensitive to each other. I'm not sure why she's Ariana holding Cynthia's hand every interview and coddling her. She must be going through something.
Speaker 3: She doesn't say she is well.
Speaker 1: She gets teared up, and I saw one where she said, once I toeched off the green makeup, I felt more okay with who I am? Or I don't listen. It's just a movie, guys, And this is all of the clips from them doing their press junkets. Seem like therapy sessions. Yes, but a lot of the journalists are talking to them that way. So this is like a thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're right, so this is the thing.
Speaker 1: That I'm not. It's not my thing. Like so this is like a world in which I'm trying to be careful here because you know what I want to say.
Speaker 2: But I think that I would suggest the third suggestion of the Rapper Ports Reality podcast today is just Google or search Ariana Grande, Cynthia Rebal Wicked Press Junkets and if you haven't it, this will make you this.
Speaker 3: It's funny. This ship's funny.
Speaker 1: It's really funny. It almost looks like s an L sketch. But some people, some people and you know, no judgment, may think it's very kind and sweet, how gentle they are being. And I think one of them she cries, and she says, girl, if you want to cry, cry. I don't know if this is they're putting this on to sell the movie, because they've been promoting this movie for about I came out and me too, so I don't know. It's not my thing.
Speaker 3: A good movie.
Speaker 1: It was a good Broadway show because I saw it with a Dina Menzel Menziel and she's amazing. But I think that they need to stop because they look down, they look crazy, and it's just the privilege to be like what. People have real problems.
Speaker 3: And if you need therapy, go to God.
Speaker 1: You can afford it. You're sitting up there all dressed.
Speaker 2: Up, made up, made up.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just feel like it's really self indulg that's great, that's a great, very much.
Speaker 3: Thank you babe, very much.
Speaker 2: Anyway, rap Aports Reality, we covered it all, we discuss it all, and I need you guys to make sure you subscribe, rate and give it a review.
Speaker 3: Tell us what you like, tell us what you don't like.
Speaker 2: You could follow us on Instagram at rap aports Reality and tell a friend to tell a friend and babe, this was a great episode. Again, I stayed it publicly.
Speaker 1: I know you say it all the time. I like to say I think so too.
Speaker 2: Listen, a little self awareness isn't good. And I'll tell you this episode sucks too if we ever did the episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I let you say that at the end.
Speaker 2: Anyway, you guys, thanks, stay safe, stay sane, and stay realistic.
Speaker 3: Love you, babe, Love you