Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Man, welcome back to Coast to Coast George Nori with you, Doctor Frederick Wodard with us. This book is called Developing Your Supernatural Awareness and Doctor, where do people get your book?
Speaker 3: And they can get it anywhere. They can get it through sixth Books or they could get it at Amazon or any local bookstore.
Speaker 2: It's a great read. By the way, I just wanted to could congratulate you on that.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 2: What would you recommend to people who are on the fence with their psychic awareness, their paranormal awareness. They don't know quite what to do to understand it. What's the best way for them to get into this?
Speaker 3: I would say it's the simplest is to keep it realistic, like make those situations so you have an inner experience. It's something in the external world. It takes place and that validates your experience. If you don't have that, then you're making stuff up.
Speaker 2: Do you find that hypnosis augments their awareness or not?
Speaker 3: It can? It can with some people.
Speaker 2: How difficult is it to hypnotize somebody? Is everybody able to get hypnotized? Ors that take a while.
Speaker 3: Well, some people don't allow themselves to be hypnotized. I remember I actually put it in my book, in my perceptual hypnosis book, I had gone. I had been trained by a lay hypnotist in California, and he was talking about hand clasped. Close your hands. Imagine you can't open them. You can't think about opening them, and they're not supposed to open. And when I wasn't listening to him, I was listening to myself. So when he was done, I just opened up my hands. And so he looked at me and he said, I have thirty witnesses. If you close your eyes, listen to what I say, and you can open your hands, I'll give you a million dollars. And I did what he said, and I listened, and I realized I can't open my hands. So when I opened my eyes, my hands were still closed. And I had realized he had given me a great power. He said to me at that point, now you're in control.
Speaker 2: I've always heard that under hypnosis people will not be able to do what they don't want to do. Is that true?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's true, that people won't do what they don't want to do.
Speaker 2: This is always talk of Manchurian candidates have been hypnotized to do heinous things.
Speaker 3: Well, that's not really that they would be able to do those things anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just makes it a little easier for them.
Speaker 3: I think, Yeah, it's not it's not something that's done to them, it's something they're doing for themselves.
Speaker 2: The subtitle of your book, Developing your Supernatural Awareness is connecting with an interactive universe. Tell us your thoughts about that that phrase.
Speaker 3: The interactive universe is the is all the things that can take place that happen independent of every day five senses.
Speaker 2: Does it? Does it make you wonder about the existence of God in the universe because it's just amazing all these things are happening out there.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, I think that. What I think is, first off, you can't like really say, you know, what we know as human beings is very limited. And for example, I could imagine that a deity or something greater than us that's out there could picture itself as Jesus or as the Buddha and imagine sending the message that we need to us in that way.
Speaker 2: Did you find in your research, doctor that children were more adaptable to supernatural and paranormal experiences rather than adults or does it matter.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I worked with mostly adults, so I've had you a few children, and I've had adults that told me experiences when they were children. But I didn't have a lot of children. Although I do remember a book that was written by a teacher in Connecticut and he he actually talked about how the kids when they turn around thirteen or fourteen, they start to forget their experiences, but they were telling him their experiences prior to that.
Speaker 2: How about age bracket of people and then the sex male female, who has the wider acknowledgment of the paranormal.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. I wouldn't say. I wouldn't want to say, because I think it's.
Speaker 2: A very individual thing, so it varies.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think it does. I think it could be there could be men that are very gifted and women that are very gifted, and then there's other people that think they're gifted.
Speaker 2: What was that moment for you that convinced you this is real, this stuff is happening. Was there that aha moment?
Speaker 3: Well, I've had a few experiences, but they're not big, huge experiences. Being in the library and conquered in the State Library doing genealogy, and there was these three old men sitting in the corner talking and they you couldn't make out what they were saying. And I had done everything I could and I couldn't connect my grandfather in Pittsford, Vermont, Grade five grandfather with his son, and so I was about ready to give up. And one of those men's voices in my head, as loud as could be, said, check the land deeds. So I went to the Mormon place and I ordered the land deeds, and sure enough, one of the land deads literally had widow Mary selling to her son, Captain Amos Woodard. And I was in shock.
Speaker 2: How does that happen?
Speaker 3: I don't know, you know, but that that that happened, and it was it was validated. So to me, that was a real experience.
Speaker 2: As your understanding of the supernatural in the universe changed your perception of our more.
Speaker 3: Open Yeah, I'm more open to things because of people's experiences that they've shared with me that have transformed them.
Speaker 2: You'll get all kinds of calls next hour, doctor, when we open up the phone lines from people who probably have experienced their own supernatural awareness, to people who are questioning how it exists and the fact that it does. Do you find that people generally are more spiritual than the others who are not who have the experiences.
Speaker 3: Yes, they're they're more they're more grounded, they're more uh, they're more real with their experiences than people that are people that are psychotic can't really validate their experiences.
Speaker 2: What would you say in your career investigating the supernatural? Outside of the laundrymat story you just told us, which was amazing, what is one of the strangest stories you've ever encountered? What would that be?
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know strange. But I had a woman who had a friend who used to come in. She was a bartender, She had a high school diploma and she was a bartender, and she told me a story that she had a thought that the woman's husband was going to kill her, and like, several weeks later, it actually happened, but she didn't have any way to do anything about it because she never knew the husband, She never talked to them, the woman never told her anything, and she never had any experience that could validate that.
Speaker 2: And I have long said on this program, and I've always believed that there are no coincidences, that things happen for specific reasons and fate. And would I would believe these supernatural occurrences. Yes, I agree the same way.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's like it's just I would say with her it was to validate that that was real.
Speaker 2: When somebody first comes to you as a patient, what do they say to you with regards to the supernatural? How do they bring it up?
Speaker 3: Well, most people don't come to me for that as their main purpose. They come for psychological reasons, and then they talk about that stuff. I remember a guy one time that told me a story. He uh he was he went to see his father who was dying, and his father was talking to the daughter on the other side and having a conversation, and then he woke up and he looked at his son and he said, my god. They called me grandpa, and the to the two kids. And then the son in law was also there, and he looked at the grandfather and he said to him, my wife had two miscarriages.
Speaker 2: You can't make up those kind of stories, doctors.
Speaker 3: No, you can't, right, you can't make up those stories. So those are the kind of things that I've have made me really value you the whole experiences, and you know, some of them are harder to validate. It doesn't mean they're not real, but it's just harder to validate.
Speaker 2: Some of these stories make the hair on your arms pop up, don't they? Yeah, truly is remarkable. Do any of your patients ever talk about demons or the devil or anything like that.
Speaker 3: I only had a couple of people tell me stories like that, and they but they overcame them.
Speaker 2: When you say they overcame them, what happened, Well, they.
Speaker 3: Just put them to rest. Those things stopped. They eventually stopped.
Speaker 2: Did did they need coaxing from you? Or this is something they did on their own?
Speaker 3: They did on their own and they told me about it, and it was it was usually involving light, a protection of light, or praying or some form of spiritual support.
Speaker 2: You've got eleven chapters in your book and it all flows well. But is there one chapter that sticks out the most for you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Not really, They're all valid. Like the ethical chapter is the one that I put in there that was probably a really good, good one where it kind of talks about, you know, being ethical and practical in a positive way so that you don't like validate bad experiences or create bad experiences for other people.
Speaker 2: As you said, using your gifts responsibly. Right, that's important because you know, do you find that there are some people who are more powerful than others with their supernatural gifts?
Speaker 3: Yes, there was a guy in that that chapter that literally talked about going into crowds and taking energy from people. And he said to me, you're going to tell me that's wrong, but I can do it because they don't protect themselves.
Speaker 2: That's the media we call those psychic vampires.
Speaker 1: By the way.
Speaker 3: People who right, that's true.
Speaker 2: Draw the energy from people, and some of them. I've known a few. They don't know they're doing this.
Speaker 3: I people do and some people don't.
Speaker 2: I had a guy that I would run into him at a hotel bar once a week. He lived in Saint Louis, and he would sit at the corner of the bar duck and there was never anybody around him. I mean even when the place was busy, they were always to one side of him, and he was like always alone. And he called me up one day and he said, George, come here for a second. And I got to ask you a question, What's wrong with me? And I said, what do you mean. He said, look at this place. It's packed, but look at around me. There's nobody here. There's nobody ever next to me. Nobody comes up and says hi, Nobody talks to me. And I told him, because I could feel that energy vibe coming from him, you know, they're sucking it out of you. And I told him, and I said, there's something about your personality or there's something about your physical makeup that makes people repel. You're not like a magnet, you're the opposite of a magnet. And he said, I'm going to try to work on it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks later, I ran into him again and he had people all around him and and he was smiling, and he said he holds his thumb up and he said, I did what you told me, So whatever I told him it worked.
Speaker 3: For Yeah, that's good, that's really good.
Speaker 2: But to make a long story short, he didn't know that he was doing this to other people. And I would guess most of them do not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of them don't. Some of it's just normal everyday social stuff. They're just like pushing people away or not making any effort to connect with
Speaker 1: People, listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more