Speaker 1: Father God, we ask you for a covering, a healing, a moment of discernment. So many of us are feeling lost, alone, confused, not sure where to turn, putting a reliance on things that are outside of our control, and need to understand or perhaps overstand, how important it is to just be still, peace, Be still. We know that worrying is similar to that of a rocking chair. We go back and forth and forth and back, essentially not going anywhere, leading into the realms of insanity. But we want to put that behind us. Let us not look behind us, but look forward, because the past is behind us and we're not going that way. May me understand the strength that we have inside, and it's not over until it's over. May we be really reminded of the strength that we have within, for we know that we have survived one hundred percent of the worst days of our life, so why would today be any different. May me ignite our power, maybe stand and our power. May be reside in our power because there is nothing that is impossible, because if you fall down seven times, you can get up eight Because if you can look up, you can get up. And your location is not your destination. Father God, we ask you for this healing of overstanding so we can stand in your name forevermore. All right, let's talk to me Tuesday. You all ready, let's go. Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. You are too to the Vitamin D with Dawn Day podcast and I am your host, Dawn Day, here to get you excited about your life so that you can live life on purpose and for a purpose. If this is your first time tuning in to welcome Vitamin D, it's a pone of my name. My name is Dawn, and you get Vitamin D from the sun. So I'm here a shed light into your life. And I do this with inspirational insights and conversations with celebrities and everyday people like you and me, because if you want to be better and you want to do better, then you're going to have to be able to see better. So join me on this journey of living our best lives and understanding and realizing how you are your greatest ass at.
Speaker 2: Get your Vitamin D right with me and get excited about your life.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, I said, is this thing on? Hello? It's the damn dawn like the break of day, and y'all know what today is is talk to him and talk to him an talk to him a Tuesday. This is why I want to hear from you. Pull up on me. Let's start a conversation of some berber relation. Because we woke up today and I don't know about you, but it's something better about being seen than viewed. We woke up on the white side of the earth today and we gonna count it all joy. Now it's talked to me Tuesday. I want you to call me in the studio. I want to hear from you. Eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two. I said, it's eight one eight four six one eighty fifty four thirty two. We got a lot to talk about. It's Vitamin D live and I'm coming to you line from what Sherman Oaks, California. But if you ask me on a good day, I'm gonna say that dawn day is in LA and I got some news and information and resources. But today I was like, you know, I want to hear from the folks. I want to hear from the people. What you got going on. What's been bothering you? Maybe you got some news to rejoice so on. I don't know what it is, but today is your day. So I see some people are viewing. Why don't you go ahead and I want to shot you out. If you're feeling me right now, go ahead and comment in the chat. And in the meantime, I'm about to dive in to talk about what's happening, what's happening in our nation, perhaps what's happening in our state, or indeed what's happening with a person near you. And then this is what the news. Oh wait, I got a news effect right here. Don't play with me, play with yourself, all right, we got some news coming in, a great news coming in for you. Guess what the US Postal Service has put out the announcements, baybaye, You already know what time a holiday season is right around the corner. And for those who are living out of state and would like to ship something to friends, relatives, loved ones, and you want to ensure that they get your package on time, well, the US Postal Service has announced it's recommended mailing and shipping dates for Tuesday. On Tuesday, excuse me today for the twenty twenty four holiday season. And what I mean by that the following list that I'm about to share with you are the recommend dates for a package to an address so that it is in the United States, so that it can be delivered on December twenty fifth. Hold on, wait a minute. I got my cousin Trina cash traina. I think it's your birthday. I saw us a notice on your birthday. Happy birthday. I'm coming to you in a second. Let me get down with this USPS news all right. So, if you are going to take advantage of ground advantage services and you want your package to be received on December eighteenth, I mean December twenty fifth, you need to make sure that it's sent out by the eighteenth. Now. If you are shipping First Class Mail service December eighteenth, Priority Mail service December nineteenth, and if you are using Priority Mail Express service, that's going to be December twenty first. Now, despite the deadlines, the USPS urged customers to steal plan ahead to ship early. The early you send, the better, don't delay, don't play. That was dawn day mail and ship today. Now, Customers shifting to an address, perhaps an Alaska or Hawaii show adhere to the following days. I'm going to share with you. If you are using USPS ground Advantage service. They are recommending December sixteenth, First Class Mail Service December eighteenth, Priority Mail Service December nineteenth, and Priority Mail Express December twentieth. Again, these are for individuals who are trying to ship out packages so that it is received by December twenty fifth. Also, the USPS suggests that customers check the complete list of recommended holiday mailing and shipping dates on its website, which is USPS dot com. And speaking of Wench, did you go ahead and submit your request so that you can receive your your free COVID nineteen tests. I told you they have already start submitted sending them out, so please be sure to visit USPS dot com and make sure you sign up so that you can receive your testing. I'm going to share this information again later on when we get to our PSAs rest in peace. You know I always say we here for a good time, not a long time. Well. A singer of Sissy Houston, mother of Whitney Houston, died recently. Was it yesterday on Monday at the age of ninety one? As I just say to Sissy Houston is the mother of the late Great Whitney Houston and is a two time Grammy winner who has performed long longside superstar musicians like Elvis Presley and Aretha Franklin. Houston died Monday morning in her New Jersey home while under hospice care for Alzheimer's disease. Her daughter in law, Pat Houston, told the Associated Press the acclaimed gospel singer was surrounded by her family. It was said by Pat Houston, our hearts are filled with pain and sadness. We lost the matriarch of our family. Now. In a statement, she said her mother in law's contributions to popular music and culture are most certainly, in our quote, unparalleled now. She attended New Hope Baptist Church, where she later became minister of sacred Music. Houston was the youngest of eight children. Rest in bees and you know you said, Dean, why are you doing this? Because I don't want to be disrespectful or detaint, but because we are discussing sister Houston, I can help. But think of dang, is it disrespectful were having a conversation. Is this a safe space? I was going to bring up the memoir about Whinnie Houston, the rumors. We'll save it to later. It's talk to me Tuesday. I'm gonna leave it to y'all if y'all want to talk about it. How about that? All right? Moving along, It's twenty twenty four. Election season is here, and I don't know if you know the deadlines for your state. I need you to register, and I need you to adhere to the deadlines. Okay, Now, Americans still have a chance to register vote. Some states have already set their voter registration deadlines as early as last Friday, Friday the fourth, while others have same day voter registrations as late as election day or November fifth. Now, voters can check their registration status by visiting vote dot gov swipe define the methods and registration your state offers. Now interesting enough, I had all this information right in front of me. I believe the date is October twenty fourth for online registration in the state of California, as well as in person same day as November fifth. Somebody, I need you to call me and tell me if I'm wrong. Now, do you remember the other day, within the week, I was telling you about Catalyst California. I talked about how they had Governor Gavin Newsom had or not Governor Gavin newsom Day Luna Sheriff de Luna had banned or had made a statement about banning sheriff gangs. You are unfamiliar with share games and what's that about. Well, a lot of people have been abused while in the prison system, meaning their loved ones have been have lost their lives. They come back with missing body parts, and we don't have any justice. And while us as individuals are preparing to sue, we are preparing to fight. Well, the department is not concerned about it. Why because they're using our talks dollars to pay for the instuses that happened. Well, this was brought upot because I just came across this story from Black Information Network. A black inmate was beaten to death while naked with a bag over their head. This is what the lawyers are saying, I know, pull up family. A video has been capped from the public shows a naked inmate with a bag over his head being beaten and held down by correction officers until he stops breathing. Now, this is according to the lawyer. Attorney Ron Murphy says the video shows the moments leading up to the death of March twenty eighteen of thirty one year old j Allen Jones, an inmate at Garner Correctional in Newton, Connecticut. Now, Joseph's family found a wrongful death lawsuit against the state Department of Correction staff members involved the alleged beating. However, the state is trying to get the case dismissed, asserting that the correction officer's use of force was justified. The state also claims that officers were unaware of Jones's medical condition. According to an autopsy, cardiovascular disease was a factor in Jones's death. On Friday, Murphy filed a motion to seal the video of the alleged beating, which he compared to George Floyd's death. Now, this is a quote from Ron Murphy. The events in the video are disturbing as the events in the video of George Floyd's death, but in some ways the video of Jay Allen's death is worse, as the defendants struck jay Allen repeatedly violently threw him down twice, swayed him twice directly in the face with pepper spray while his face was covered by a safety veil, all while j Allen was naked, handcuffed, behind his back, shackled at his ankles, hogtied, and having a schinzophrenic episode in the psyche war of a Connecticut prison. Moreover, the defendants caused j Allen to stop breathing, become unconscious, and then delayed calling nine to one one or starting CPR by seven minutes after it was apparent he had stopped breathing. This is what the lawyer added. Now, Murphy noted that the Attorney General's office submitted the video as an exhibit in the case and cited the recording multiple times in legal documents. Exhibit A must now be considered a judicial document immediately accessible to the public. Now, Murphy said that the state doesn't want to make the video public because authorities believe and I quote releasing the video would pose a safety and security concern to the Department of Corrections because of the general public would be inflamed and incensed by the video showing Jay Allen's death. Now, the attorney also noticed that jones'es was black, and eight of the nine defendants are white. Murphy maintains that Jones didn't hit or threaten any of the defendants involved in his death. The state has until October twenty fifth to file a response to Murphy's motion to unseal the video. Can you believe that? How do you feel about it? What could or what threat can a person have? You are hog tied, you have a veil or bag over your head, you have been sprayed, so I assume that means mazed and you're naked. But you trying to tell me that there was justification for the amount of force that was placed on this man. Furthermore, why did it take up a seven minutes for you to call nine one one after he stopped breathing? Wake up, everybody, no more sleeping bend. When is the change gonna come? When are we're gonna realize that it isn't just defund the police, It's called reform the police. Let's reform the structure. Because I can't understand how the people that are to make our society more safe, who I am calling on for help, are the same people who are taking our lives. Because you have to remember, at the end of the day, it's always somebody's baby. Remember, at the end of the day's always gonna be somebody's baby. Now, I want to welcome you to call me in a studio eight one eight four six one fifty four to thirty two. Again, that's eight one eight four six one fifty four to thirty two is times to men times and men tontu men Tuesday. I wanna give a shout out to my cousin. Fie Fialae is on the line. Yes, she is tuned in on I believe you on Facebook. Right, Hey, cousin and her baby's birthday today, my cousin, and shout out to them. All right, Okay, moving on. If you aren't disturbed enough about what just happened in the prison system, can I tell you what's happening over at Cornell University? Pull up family. Black Cornell students called out the school for saying KKK could speak on the campus now, George Joel that parted me. Joel Molina issued a clarification and I quote regarding his comments on the KKK Now you may not be aware. Let me back up and give you more of a story. Black students at Cornell University are seeking action after an unofficial set after an official said the school would allow the klu kux Klan to speak on campus now. According to the Cornell Daily Sun, vice president of University Relations. Joel Molina commented on the possibility of a KKK campus appearance during a private Zoom call with Jewish parents last week. Molina reportedly said Cornell University would allow a KKK representative on campus if they were invited by a faculty member or student group. Following his comments, Cornell's Black Student Union United Students United BSU call for Milinn to be fired. Roughly one hundred and eighty students protested on campus last week. Fire Joel Molino and hey hey, hey, hey, hey, ho ho Joel Molina has to go. Ahead of the demonstrations, BSU held an emergency meeting advocating for Malina's termination. And this is quote. All students of color at Cornell are under attacks by administration. We do not feel safe seen or heard. Help amplify our voices. We are stronger together now. This was based on an Instagram post. Now, the events of the last week two days have mean nothing. I could be the same, one mass protester said, I see my community mobilize the way I have never could imagine. Now we can can't go back. The demonstration comes off the heels of another protest where pro Palestinians interrupted a Career Fair International graduate studento Do Momodo. Tall was suspended over his involvement in the Career Fair disruption. Now the BSU has calling for a Tall suspension to be res reversed. If Tall is withdrawn from the university, he could be deported for violating his F one visa status. How does that make you feel? Like, what's going on? What's going on? Like? Why would that be okay? I mean, I want to hear from you. I would love to hear your thoughts about this. I just can't imagine when you talk about KKK, right, and you talk about the trauma that so many people and cultures have experienced because the history and with the symbol, the near thought of the name, the vibration could mean and would welcome them on campus. Now this comes from the same individual. Now, I'm a graduate of Howard University, which I probably staid all the time, you know, and I myself there was a time where I was carrying my bag that was 't titled up with the Negro and that just meant that we were educated, we were a classy. But when we have black student groups, does there need to be made room for a KKK group or a representative for that, like, what does that look like when we talk about representation? Now one person or we can argue on one end to say, hey, one group is for the advancement of people, making room for people, and one could be known as the disenfranchisement of several individuals. But the question remains, is it okay to have the representation? How do you feel about it? Do you think it's wrong? Would you have felt traumatized? I want to hear from you. Call me in the studio. As I reminded you, eight one, eight four six fifty four thirty two is talk to me Tuesday. Pull up on me because I want to hear from you. Okay, I want to win my good folk at y'all told me. Y'all said, Dawn, I'm ready to pull upon you live and five call me. I have listed some stories that have had some people disturbed, feeling probably a little mustard inside. I want to hear your thoughts and your views on some of these stories I have shared with you. Okay, all right? And also what I'm at it, I will give you all room to call in. I got some PSA announcements. First off, I'm gonna announce this again on Thursday. This is our community news. I got reached out by Sally got Us. We met a couple of years ago at It's Bigger Than Us. It was a kickback back to school celebration right over here at Crenshall Mall, and I hosted the event. This is when I was still on an FM dial and she's always known for dow stuff and work with nonprofit. She works at UCLA. I actually had her come on the FM dial and we were talking about the importance of breast cancer awareness and she just sent me this information. It's entitled empower Her Radiant Women's Wellness Day. It's happening on Saturday October. Twe y'all writing Englewood from eleven to two. I said, I'm gonna pull up. This isn't from if you want to register at pass it Forward la dot org forward slash empower Her. It's pass it Forward la dot org forward slash and power her. I also said, I said, girl, it is Breast Cancer Awareness month. How would you like to pull up on the show on Thursday. So that's just a sneak peek just because you listen to Live or perhaps you listen to it before we get to Thursday, that we may actually have our first guests. Sally Godt has or a representative form the organization to talk about this amazing event, empower her that's happening on Saturday. And for those who are not aware, you know, breast cancer awareness is very important to me, and I make sure I highlight that my mother she transitioned from stage four breast cancer. So as far as feeling the effects, witnessing it, not knowing what to talk, and actually it being something top of my mind since cancer and breast cancer has ran so rampant in my family, this is a cause that's important to me. So if it's the same for you, I have the information. You can meet me if you are in La California and pull up an Englewood. Let's get some empowerment. Okay, I said, okay, all right, let me also get to some PSAs and announcements. Oh here it is right here. I was like, wait a minute, hound's up, where's my informations? Okay? So I know some people need to support. Times are hard out here, a lot of us are in transition. And if this happens to be you or someone you know that you is known that's living in their car. Well, here you go. If you know someone that needs a safe pace to park, you know, to go to sleep at Safe Parking La. They have their mission is to provide help and they have open spaces. What I mean by that if you are experiencing homelessness and living in your car, they can help you by providing a safe parking space. They have locations in downtown lasa VA campus and received its. All you have to do is apply. Now. You can do that by calling three two three two one zero thirty three seventy five. Again that's three two three two one zero thirty three seventy five. And you can email and takes at safe Parkingla dot org. Also, I want you to visit safe Parkingla dot org forward slash need help, each one's each one, each one, reach one, Okay, we gotta seek one. Also for individuals who are looking to have some food, those who are need some food, I want to let you know that there's a food giveaway happening every fourth Thursday, So mark your calendar at Curtis Tucker Center for Community Wellness from ten am to twelve pm or until supplies last. Is located right off of Manchester one two three West Manchester in Inglewood. It's brought to you by CalFresh, County of LA Public Health, Curtis Tucker Center for Community Wellness, and Los Angeles Regional Food Bank. Now, all they're asking is that you bring a reusable bag. Can you tell somebody that might need some food? Okay? All right? Now for those of you who are looking for free EMT training, Yes, if you are looking for training, perhaps getting geared up for a job. If you want to be an emergency medical technician, there is training from six to ten weeks and once completed, will lead to employment with AMR McCormick. Now the requirements you have to be eighteen years of age or older, must be able to pass a background and drug test, Class C driver's license and relatively clean driving record. Now the benefits. You're going to have a receiver four one K medical, dental, and vision plus mental health resources. If you're interested, I want to encourage you to call three two three two four nine seventy seven to fifty one again, that's three two three two four nine seventy seven fifty one US. You can also email Watts Laws c Info at gmail dot com. That's Watt's lawsc info at gmail dot com. They are located twenty two twenty four East one hundred and fourteenth Street. That's twenty two twenty four East one hundred and fourteenth Street in Los Angeles, California. OH. I got a quote from Albert Johnson. Albert, you said you want to talk to me. Now here is Joe Mama. You then pulled up on me. That's right. I'm giving you the number, Albert. Call me eight one eight four six fifty four thirty two eight one eight Alvin four six one fifty four thirty two. Alvin has been reaching out, he says, proud and honored of your words and wisdoms and encouragement for the betterment of mankind. Truly priceless. Thank you, Thank you so much, Albert. I hope to hear from you. Also, since we are talking about jobs with the MT, I want to let you know that there will be a four all employment hiring speed. It's happening October twenty fourth, from nine am to two pm. Is located at East Los Angeles Civic Center at four forty eighth one East third Street. Now, you got to bring a couple of things. I'm gonna need you to bring your resume and dress to impress. Now what you can expect is connect with employers, explore a variety of job openings on the spot's interviews, get support, help, and leave with opportunities. So, if you are looking for a job, you are looking to be an environment where people can hire you. I need you to pull up because I say if you stay ready, you ain't got to get ready. So don't sit here and say, oh my gosh, I need some money. Well, I'm telling you how you gotta get a job. So you got to pull up. What do you need? This is what I'm here for. You're gonna have to pull up on me and let me know because I'm here to give you resources and information. Now, if you want to get followed up with them about the October Hiring Spree, I want you to visit the Facebook's page Facebook dot com forward Slash Hiring Spree. LA. Are we clear now? This is sponsored by America Works. I'm trying to help you out, Okay. Furthermore, remember how it reminded you about the h the COVID nineteen tests. I told you if you are gearing up to send anybody you love any gifts for the holidays, visit USPS because they got the deadlines to ensure that your gift make it there by December twenty fifth. I got a wireless caller. Who you think this is? And talk him and talk to me and talk to me and Tuesday, who's this?
Speaker 2: This is Albert Chargian Johnson, Army Rangers. How are you well?
Speaker 1: Hello there, Sergeant Johnson. It is a splendiferous pleasure to hear from you.
Speaker 2: Did you get my text?
Speaker 1: I got your message that I just read on live, but I'm not sure I got your text. What did you say?
Speaker 2: Okay, well that no, that's what I said. Anyway, you were talking about jobs and stuff, you know, like EMT and things. Yes, Okay, wherever there's a United States embassy, the Air Force flies there. Your military ID is your international passport to the world. But make sure that you get into a profession that you really fink love to do. Do not fall for the oki joke. The okidoke is money because they are going to present you with tens of thousands of dollars to fill positions that are hard to feel. You're going to be happy with the money, but then you're not going to be happy with your job profession that they want you to do. But you have to get into a profession that you really love to do, to the point where you say, when you get up in the morning, Hey, everybody gets out of my way. I got to get to my job. You're going to be They're going to give you, you know, money, you know, your monthly check, everything you know in the military. But you but you're going to be happy at what you're doing. That's the key is to get into a profession that's really asking love to do and see the world while you're still young. And you were talking about e M T. After my the last deployment with the Rangers, I became a combat medic, okay, And when you're combat medic, when you get out of active duty, you are e m T basics, which means I became a license Paramedic, Emergency Room Technician v A, Westwood, VA, Long Beach u c l A, the whole nine yards. Even volunteer at the LA Free Clinic. Now that that's a good thing for all these people to do, is do volunteer work because that's a big plus on your resume. And lastly, do not let anyone in anyone deter you from your dreams, your goals, your endeavors in life. Come on, they don't live your life. And there's only two individuals that knows the real you. That's you and whatever God you pray to. And I am so proud of you or what you're doing for the betterment of mankind and exchoose my language. Yeah the shit, thank you, ol.
Speaker 1: Wow, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate that. And I'm so glad that you highlighted to say do something that you love, because I say it all the time out. But we're here for a good time, not a long time. And if you're just seeking a job because you need some money, it's a job. And what does that stand for? Just over broke. And if you will be a number to an organization, let it be a number that counts.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, definitely. Now there is a veterans organization for all veterans. It's called Heaven and Earth Oasis Heaven and Earth Oasis. The founder is Valerie heat H E. A. T. H. It's on Selma. You guys can look it up on you know, social media. There's an event coming next month November second. It's free for all veterans and you can apply for you know, for vendors whatever. I don't have the number offhand, but when you look it up you'll see it. You know. Just do your thing. Just do your thing. And one lastly, like I said earlier, you guys are stronger than you think you are. You have to believe in yourself, not only in your brain, but most importantly in your heart. That's the key, is to believe. And don't nobody telling you what you can and can't do. Come and oh yeah, I hope I don't get censored for this, But stay away from me as a Bank of America and any of its affiliates, they will get you.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Is very important because this happened to me. Do what your parents used to do. When you pay your bills. You have your bill, come to your mailing address, and pay by check. Stop all this electronic banking because you never know what you're paying for, like direct TV and all these other places. You know, there's too much information that they want from you. You know, get your bills in the mail so you can know what you're paying for because they are getting you bad. It's just a rule of thumb.
Speaker 1: All right. Sometimes you got to get back to the old school. Would you keep your own definitionly because I just saw that there was a it's a major water company. I heard on the East coast that they had had a cyber attack, and you know, it's just a matter of just getting in there. So thank you so much for Sharon, Albert. It's so great to hear your voice.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Okay, because I know I have to go and you have other callers, but I just wanted to touch bases with you and thank you once again for you your people and all of that and all your listeners and stuff. You're doing a hell of a good job.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You have a gift that's priceless.
Speaker 1: Wow, Thank you Albert.
Speaker 2: Okay, you have a good one, and all you listeners, you guys have a good one too, all right, y'all.
Speaker 1: Wow, Well that was nice, and I really want you all to take notes of what Albert was saying. I know times are hard right now. I know we're trying to figure things out. In fact, I was talking to a neighbor walking down the street and she was walking her dog seven and I asked her how she's doing, and it was kind of like hmm, But I had a moment to really chat one. I said, well, you know what's going on and she said, you know my job? You know, I guess they are doing some restructuring and now they have said that her job is non essential, and so she said, I think within the two months she was like, I don't know what I was going I'm going to do, like, hopefully they make room to find in me another job. And she was like, oh, hopefully I find another job someplace. And I said to her, I said, well, maybe you'll create your own thing. It is amazing how sometimes we can put so much faith and resilience into somebody else's thing that we forget about the power that we have within. You can't allow people to te you know. If that was the case, I would have never went to Howard University. What do I mean by the do you know when I first applied to Howard I did not get accepted. I probably could have been embarrassed to say that at first, but no, it's the truth. But you can't fail if you don't quit and you don't allow people to tell you no. Now, for me, in my instance, I just didn't do well at testing. It did not put any limitations on how smart I am, how active I am how just progressive? I am. I simply didn't test well. And because I decided to stand up for myself, because I decided to fight for myself, I was able to appeal the decision, and not only did I get accepted to Howard, I hosted up my graduation and I graduated with honors. Don't let nobody tell you no now, Listen, y'all has talked to me Tuesday. That means this is your opportunity to share any resources, any information that you have with the people. Maybe you got something off your chest. You want to give a discussion about us, the story, or some opportunities that you have taken advantage of it, or you want to suggest somebody else take advantage of call me in the studio eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two. Now I just had Sergeant Albert Johnson just called in talk about an event. Said to check on Facebook. Valerie Heath is hosting event. I believe it's at off of Selma November second, that is a Saturday. Be sure to check out that event. And there's also some information that I would like to share with you happening on no Zoom member second. I've been sharing it, sharing it in time and time again, and I just want to make sure you repeat it. There's an amazing organization called the African American Male Wellness Agency and they are celebrating Black Men's Wellness Day. This is the third annual. Now, as we know or you may not know, black men are dying from preventable diseases and you can be part of the solution. So I want you to come out to Jesse Owens Park next to Dorsey High School on November second. Yes, this is at the Miche and Barack Obama Michelle and Barack Obama Sports Complets. Yes, Rancho Sienego Recreation Park. Yes, that same location will start from seven am to twelve pm for Black Men's Wellness Day. Now you can be walking for your dad, your brother, your husband, your son, your uncle, hag. You probably could be walking full yourself. Listen. Like I said, don't play with me, play with yourself, okay, or in this case, let's not. This is a free family event with kids, entertainment, free out screenings, as I mentioned, and so much more. I want you, if you are interested, please pull up because they're going to be testing for screens for blood pressure glucose, cholesterol, HIV, st D S, ti AM, prostate cancer, and men. And it is breast cancer awareness enough, and I will want to make note that men suffer from breast cancer awareness as well. So I'm gonna be there. So if you want to pull up, pull up on me. Visit LA dot AA Wellness dot org and we'll see you Saturday November. Teco as we walk to save black man's lives. And in addition to that, brother's out there, you need somebody to talk to. Are you going through some things? The same organization, the African American Male Wellness Agency, specifically our LA chapter where we are right now, are hosting an event on October seventeenth. It's called Real Men, Real Talk. It's only gonna be brothers around that's talking about things that may be concerning them. And the ain't nothing like seeing somebody that looks like you can understand the language that only you can speak and say, brother, I got you. Because half the time we're thinking about wellness and we all we thinking about is what's happening with our blood, our sugar. But what's happening up from the neck up. You have a check up from your neck up that's what's up. Real men will talk. That's happening. Also, I want to let you know, Hey, Mark Keith, Hey cousin Wilma. Also, I want to let you know that dang, I lost my train of thought. All right, real man, real talk, that's what's happening. I want to let you know that this is what I do. Want to let you know. Call me in the studio right now. Eight one to eight, Mark KEITHA four six one fifty four thirty two. Call me in the studio right now. If you're trying to talk. I would love to hear from you. Love to hear from you. I'm giving out valuable resources and information that can help save your life or somebody else that you know, giving out information on how you can get jobs and how you can give resources. Okay, ok, And if we are done with that, does anybody else have any announcements they want me to share. I don't know if you're putting on any productions, any plays, if you have any resources, job opportunities. Oh, let me tell you this other thing. This is what I meant to say. If you would like to pull up on me, I told you the event that I'm going to be at on Saturday empower her. Also, I am hosting a screening and let's just say I got three tickets to give away. I don't know who's interested. The project is entitled photo Bolos, not that it is a thriller. So just so you know, we'll be as screening and I will be hosting the Q and A. Yes, you have to see during day live in action full of fact coming direct. Oh, I might have to put you in check. I'm just joking, but no pull up on me. If you would like to let me know. I am going to solict it. I need a package it right where. I'm gonna give away some tickets. I'm gonna find out how many total, but I know I have three for sure. And if anybody is interested, please comment on the bottom and leave your email. I will follow up and give you all the information. Albert put up another comment says the main reason for me to receive two academic scholarships to USC is this is the first sentence in the first paragraph of catching their eyes writing your bio quote. It's the first sentence in the first paragraph that catching their eyes. Okay, I'm not sure what you meant, Albert, but thank you so much. For sharing. Now I'm going to dive into the advice letter. Now, I want to be clear with y'all. We would have had a commercial right then and there, but I want to be clear with y'all. When we talk about Vitamin D, it's all about shedding the light on the good and the bad. Because if you want to be better and you wants to do better, well, your goings to have to be able to see better. And so I encourage that if you need advice on your career, your relationships, on your dreams, on anything, that you send me an email vitamin D after Dawn Dai speaks dot com. That's vitamin D at to Dawn Dai speaks dot com. Now listen, you don't eat the meat to spit out the bones. Okay, we shed a light in all areas. And if you have a comment, if you're listening and you happen to be listening live, I encourage you to call me because I'd love to hear what you got to say. Now I'm just laying eyes on this letter. Fresh fresh? Did I say fresh? All right? Let's get it in check, all right, Sube Jack. I can't stand my neighbor's dog. O dear Dawn, I like what I'm hearing with your show. But Dawn, I got a confession to make to you. Something's eating away at me for a bit now, Dawn, I really can't stay on my neighbor's dog. No, Dawn, I mean really, really, really really loathed my neighbor's little dog, Nutmeg. This dog is a little white poodle that's no bigger than a box of twinkies at the grocery market. But what she leaves in my yard twice a day, well, there ain't no twinkies. And this white little dog has buried so many holes in my front yard and now looks like a drunk pirates and six shovels for god where they buried the treasure map? Wait what? And this dog has robbed me on so much sleep that her name should be called white insomnia, because this evil little white fur ball barks loudly all day and night long, Dawn. It even barks in its sleep like it's arguing with Al Pacino and Robert De Niro over mob gangst the money. Wait what? And when I'm trying to go to work, this stupid poodle always just lays in my dry behind my car and Nutmeg. The dog won't move its little narrow ass up out of the way, so I have to get out of my car every day and go turn on the water holes to get Nutmeg to leave my driveway. Dawn. Like hurricane victims and birthday candles, this little dog runs from water Dawn. I've complained and complained to its owner so many times, a really elderly Russian woman who always in her bathrobe and flip flops, and she doesn't speak English very well. And well, I kept pointing to her dog, and I kept screaming, get your stupid dog away, over and over again. And then she angrily yells back at me and rushing, and then she throws her empty meskin beer cans and have full for breeze bottles at me. I want to be a good neighbor and not be the bad guy by calling the cops constantly and going to war over some old woman's dog. Dawn. I just gave up and thought that I'd put it up with this dumb dog forever. Well I was wrong. Three nights ago, Dawn, the Russian lady next door was screaming and crying hysterically and banging on something metal hard repeatedly. I thought someone was breaking into her house, so I ran outside with my baseball bat and my phone to go help her. Then I saw that two very large coyotes was just kicking the ever loving nine dollars dog food out of the little nutbag, while another large coyote was blocking the Russian lady from rescuing her dog. She was crying horribly, and she had a large metal pot and huge metal spoon, clanging it over and over again, hoping to stop to drive the coyotes away with it. As soon as I saw this, I started clapping my hands and cheering for the coyotes to win, like I was ringsigned at a Mike Tyson compack fight. I was just screaming stuff like, come on, coyotes, I got a twenty on. You don't let Daddy and the economy down. Come on, you coyotes. You've been training hard in the off season at Taco Bell, so come on now. Wait what it's showtime and Miller Beard time. Let's go you the division chants, it's all downhill and tan sandwich bread from nutmeg from here. Oh Dawn, that felt so good to see those coyotes jumping little Nutmegs ass ass was like seeing the La Lakers winning an eight bas basketball championships back to back, and then the whole team signing my seventeen dollar tray of nachos after the game. Oh, you don't hear me enough, Dawn. Seeing Little mut Meg getting that hungry coyote beat down felt just like I had gotten free round trip fare and free tickets for the Super Bowl for the next ten years. And as the coyotes drag Little Muttmeg down the street and into the yellow rose bushes, I took out my cigarette lighter, lit it with my land in the air and started joyously singing, Queens, we are the champions, No time for losers. Disregarded my crying next door neighbor, and went inside my house, laughing like the Joker robbing seventeen banks in Gotham City. With no Batman inside and Dawn without nutmegs insanely loud barking, I slept the best sleep that I had in months. Dawn, Oh, I was out like an unpaid Spectrum cable bill. Ah, wait a minute, I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready. But then I woke up the next morning. That's when it all changed for me because I went outside and then I looked over and saw my elderly neighbor next door, Dawn. Dawn, she was completely devastated as she sat on her porch. Her white hair was still messy, and the expression on her face was like someone who had just walked out of a war torn country with no shoes on. She was holding onto Nutmegs torn red collar, her hands still trembling violently, and she was just rocking back and forth slowly and just weeping endlessly and mumbling saw in Russian, all while staring blankly down at the road to where Nutmeg had been Dread had been dragged off to. That's when I got this from her perspective, that dog was probably her only friend, her only constant companion. In two years, I never saw anyone ever visit or call on her. Maybe as awful as Nutback was to me, maybe she was the only real family that the old Russian woman had and could count on. Maybe Nutmeg was her whole world. Dawn. Now I feel really bad for the way I acted and how I carried on when she really needed me. No, honestly, I feel one hundred percent guilty now, Dawn, How do I even begin to make this better and to make my conscience stop eating away at me. I could have and should have done something. Signed Jake Dakota from Mountain Lion Hills, Nevada. Oh boy, this one is wild, y'all, this one is really our there. Okay, family, Okay, pause, Jake, Hey, listen from where most people and legal courtrooms sit. If your dog has constantly bad behavior, problems, damaging your neighbor's property or damaging up the landscape, not being on a leash, and is really being on unstop disruptive like you said Nutmeg was, most people would have instantly called the cops and would have gone to court to have little Nutmeg put to sleep. So whoa, I don't know if that's not my words. So your next door neighbor could have been in real legal trouble. Now. I don't know about to put the sleep part, but I will say first and foremost, I am not encouraging any harm to any animal. I do not want Peter call in up my ass, all right, that is not what I'm here for. However, as somebody that has been surrounded in the areas where things have been annoying, I too empathize for how frustrating it must have felt to have this dog not only yapping all day, then you leaving little little little trails in my yard. Not only to imagine you're digging things. There had to be something stopped there. So, first of all, they say, pity the fool, and in this case the fool is you, and I do not have any pity left because for you to go that long and not to follow the report on your neighbor's dog, shame on you. And honestly, if i'ma have to be real on you, you should feel bad and you should feel outright disgusted the fact that you saw that poor dog being pulled in the bushes. And I do understand you may have been frustrating now because you said it was a little dog. I'm imagining as a miniature poodle, because the last time I seen a poodle, then things can damn there look like a horse. But the fact that you stood there and cheered on is that dog was being dragged away. I will have to look at you and give you the side eye day because what in the animal cruelty is going on here? First of all, I'm looking at you with the major side eye, because how did you even get any joy of knowing that this dog was about to see its last hours? And it took you so long to look at your neighbor, the elderly I shouldn't a woman to see her her to actually feel to show sympathy for that. Now, I do understand that you have been annoyed. Not here's my thing. Maybe it would not have been right. Maybe something to make the ball noise nauseous in your yard, to warn a neighbor, to say, hey, you don't want your dog crossing over here, because I may have some things to make your dog sick. I don't know, because then that's dog poisoning. But the fact that you might even got a sliver of joy that this dog was in danger, that's a lot going on. That's a lot going on, and I don't know how to feel about it. But nevertheless, I am very grateful that you did write to me about this issue, because I know it's a lot of people, whether you dealing with a dog or whether you're dealing with some annoying, pesky animal verment that is constantly coming into your yard. So I think the right thing was done here, and I think what you can do is step further up is to go up to your neighbor and express your condolenescens because, like you said, that animal was somebody's baby. Okay, all right, Well that's all I got for Jake from Dakota. I don't even know if you needed my advice on anything, because the only thing that you need to do is pull up on her and check up on her. It ain't like you had to get rid of the dog, because not a dog is gone. So what you want me to give you the best excuse or the best remedy to apologize or to show your sympathies. No, grow up, show up, pull up, step up. You know you might have been annoyed, but shoot, she didn't deserve to have her baby gone. That's what I got to say. All of that, all right, If you need some advice on anything that's going on in your life, career, relationships, a past problem, identity issues, I want you to email me Vitamin D at Dawn Dai speaks dot com. That's Vitamin D at Dawn Dai speaks dot com. Okay, what I said for the advice centor, And like I told you, it's a tal to menton to menton to mentonsday. Pull up on me, call me in the studio right now. Eight one a four six thirty two. That's eight one a four six one fifty four thirty two. Talk to me and let me know what's going on. Let me know of anything you know that's going on in the community, any news that you might get deserve about, or perhaps you finally want to call in to check on me. You got some questions to ask me. This is that moment I got the phone lines wide open. I see Latasha's in the house. So Latasha, we need to talk about what's happening over at Sunshine. Yes, Sunshine Resource and Recreation Center. Let me tell you this right now, Oh, Sunshine Community Resource Organization Center. Let me tell you this. They have multiple services and their mission is to provide resources to children and foster care and those who have been emancipated. So here's the thing. The services that they provide are supervised child visitation, monitoring okay, mobile AHA, bls CPR certification course, domestic violence classes, parenting classes, life skills classes, anger anger management classes. They also have a food giveaway, mobile life scan, fingerprinting, mobile drug testing, registered process, a server, a court mandated community service hours, Ordained Minister Services syrybar Did y'all know I'm an ordain minister. I know, right? Go figure uh Chemical dependency classes they're coming soon, as well as free California ID application for low income clients. So if you are in the Long Beach area and you can benefit from any of these services that they provide, I want to encourage you to reach out to Latasha. You can call the organization at six two six two nine seven sixty one twelve. That's two, I mean sixty two six two nine seven sixty one twelve, or toll free at eight one eight eight eight sixty three two twenty two twenty four. That's eight eight eight sixty three to two twenty two twenty four. Also check out Sunshine Community twenty fifteen. That's Sunshine Community twenty fifteen dot org. And let's not forget to email email me dot Jackson at Sunshine Community twenty fifteen dot org. All right, that is Sunshine Community Resource Organization Center Services. Also, you know Latasha calls on last Thursday. She already told me, she said, Dawn, you coming by this holiday to pass off the Christmas kiss y'all. I was there last year and I'm gonna be there for again. I know that's right. Oh my gosh, Corinz, Oh my gosh. Oh my friend from college, Hu said, yes, Dawn, how often are you doing this? I would love to call in on your next show. I love this for you. This is so dope. Oh my gosh, girl. We are doing this every Tuesdays and Thursdays live at five if you are on the Pacific time zone and if you are on the East coast, that's gonna be aged and let's make it great. And if you want to call in a girl, you can call me right now eight one A four six one fifty four to thirty two. That's eight one AM four six one fifty four thirty two. Come me because I want to hear from you all. Shuck. Latasha said, thank you so much. You know I got you this and I can't wait to see you on this winter. Also, I told you all, did you hear me talk about where I'm gonna be at this Saturday where I'm hey, miss Mayan, good to see you, glad to be seen and not viewed. I told you Sally Gottas I had her come in on the FM down talking about breast cancer awareness and you know sister Dollar, Remember she pulled up on me and came in the studio rest in peaces the Dollar. She was suffering from breast cancer and she came in because she wanted to get to know as much resource as possible. Well, here's what I have to share that Sally sent to me today. It's Breast Cancer Awareness Month and this Saturday, October twelfth, from eleven am to two pm, there will be a Radiant Women's Wellness Day. It's entitled Inmpower Her and it's from the past four La dot org. Oh my gosh, I know who run passing for. I didn't even think about this. Yeah, I'm gonna be up there. Pass it Ford, La dot org, Forward, Slash and Power are from eleven to two. I'm pulling up. Let me know if you will as well, because I love to see you. Okay, now we're still here for talk to me Tuesday. Anybody want to call in with any information, any resources. I love to hear from you. Miss Mayan, who up in here? Look y'all up here looking at me. Don't be afraid to call me and talk to me. I told you, I said, this is what we're doing. We go on live y'all say yeah, Dawn, I'm gonna pull up on you. I'm gonna pull up on you. Well, here's your chance to pull up on me. Call me in the studio right now. Eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two. Eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two. I'd love to hear from you. Just talk to me Tuesday and get tuned in to Vitamin D line that damn doing like the break of day. I tell you, boy, I tell you. Also, I want to give some great news. I mentioned this earlier on and I just want to mention it again for anyone that just tunes. And I'm excited about what's to come. I got some organizations and individuals that have reached out, Sharon saying, hanged on, I want some information for you to pass out. I'm interested in getting some ads on air. I'm interested in providing some resources. Catalyst California, we have the director Chauncey Chauncy Smith. Remember we were talking about defunding or perhaps reforming the police department. How we were talking about how our taxpayers dollars, how what we really needed in our community that it may not necessarily be more police but we might need to have more resources, more community centers, more things for our kids to get involved in. Yeah, well they reached out, they're interested. And if your organization is reaching out and perhaps wants to get more awareness, wants to get some times, we can get some ads. Want you to email me, I'm gonna put it up in a chat Vitamin d at dawn Dai speaks dot com. Again, that's Vitamin d at dawn Dai speaks dot com. This is how you contact me. This is how you get to information and resources that you want me to share with the community so that all we can all know. Because what do I say? If we know better, we can do better, and therefore we can be better. But we only can do this by doing it together. As Sergeant Albert Johnson said, we can go far alone, we can go faster alone, but we can go further together, and we can do that by sticking together. So send me an email Vitamin d at dawn Dai speaks dot com. Well, and that's all what we got going on today. I guess I'm gonna head out of here. I didn't do my from under the news. That's I haven't, But I'm gonna save that for Thursday, And like I teased before, I think I am going to have a special guest. Sally Gottas is somebody from the organization, so we can talk about emparliament her, that empower her. That's happening in honoring of Breast Cancer Awareness Month this Saturday from eleven to two. And I'm gonna have more information about the Q and A for the movie screening that's coming out on was it October fourteenth? This Monday? Hey, Jamaine, how you doing. Yes, I'm live Vitamin D Live every Tuesdays and Thursdays. This is how you can call me in the studio eight one, eight four six, one fifty four to thirty two. Okay, Now, I want to give anybody a couple of minutes if you want to pull up on me, if you want to call me, this is what you need to do. All shucks, get in the game. We got Marcus Savage says an expungement this Friday, October eleven, from one at one thirty oh no ten am to one thirty pm. The address is off of Manchester twenty one oh seven Manchester Sweet two oh one in LA. If you need some information, I want you to call three two three four five five zero six nine one to get registered. Yes, they are expunging records. They are setting you up for jobs. Don't get it twisted. A lot of people don't really understand how a lot of blue collar jobs can pay you six figures. I'm talking about individuals that may not have the cleanest path past, but you're looking for a brighter future because remember, your location is not your destination, and your past is behind you and you not going that way. Well, if you tune in and pull up on individuals like Marcus Savage would get in the game. Inc. Let's clean this record so we can get you on a new track. This Friday, October eleventh, from ten am to one thirty pm, twenty one oh seven West Cancer Avenue, West Manchester Avenue, Sweek two zero one Call three two three four five five zero six ninety one to get registered. Marcus is like I'm in a meeting right now. I heard the heck out of that. Hey, miss Maia, I'm doing good. I'm about to head out of here. We didn't wrapped up the information. I want to welcome anybody that has any more resources they want to do, call me in the studio. Otherwise, I guess we turned the head out A one eight four six one fifty four thirty two eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two. That is what we do. It's been a good show, right. Shout out to UH Sergeant Albert for UH calling in. I greatly appreciated. I appreciate it so well. Okay, all right, well, I guess that's all. I wanna encourage you all that if you need any resources information to UH follow me. I thought you were here to I am to six thirty, but we ain't talking about nothing. A I talked to me tuesday. Oh I can just sit here, miss Mian. But if you wanna call me, I read some news and information for resources, and I was figuring if y'all had some call me. But if not, Miss Miya, I'm gonna head out. You want to call me? Is this something you want to talk about. I'll stay on longer. Let me drink some water. I'm gonna be honest. This weekend was super super busy. Had an amazing weekend. It was the twenty twenty four Living Legends Foundation, honoring individuals and the entertainment and radio industry. My mentor invited me out skip Dillard, tons of people in the radio entertainment, we had, Stephen Hill was there, Sugar Ray Leonard pulled up. I don't know if y'all know Donnie Simpson, legendary radio and TV personality, was there. So many amazing people were honored. So that's why I was this Saturday, and it trickled on to this weekend and working and I just had a lot of stuff busy, so I wanted to get a chance to go over everything. So that was how the weekend here. Ms Mayan said, Way, I thought you was here at six point thirty, She said, you want, I ain't got none to talk about. Well, you can talk about hello, I can ask you what you need, your thoughts on some opinion with the news or whatnot. You can talk about what the experience has been of you tuning in. You can talk about your day. You can tell me about some resources for the community. I mean, miss mine, there are a couple of things we could talk about. But I'm gonna be back on Thursday. How about that? And I'm gonna make sure that I'm prepared and fully equipped so that we go all the way to six thirty. How does that sound? As Mayan said, oh, I know him, I know Donnie's. Yes, A lot of legends came out. It was an amazing event. I know, I know. All right, Well, we will see you on I will see you on Thursday. So remember I plan to have a special guest to come in with us. Okay, a special guests is going to pull up and we are going to have a conversation in regards to an honor of Breast cancer Awareness Month. And I'm going to pull a call out there. Do we have any survivors of breast cancer that is tuned in? Do we have any breast cancer survivors, anybody that has information or resources? Perhaps there's anybody that experiencing any questions. The time is now to let me know. Will you be at Taste of Soul next weekend? Well, you know, interesting enough, I told you that I am working with the organization for black Man's Wellness Day and we have to plass out some flyers to get the awareness for everybody to come out November second, So there is a high probability. I'm gonna pull up. Are you gonna be there? I would love to have a little meet up for the folks that's coming out to taste the soul. I would love to have a meet up. Maybe we can decide, you know, a food stand or a corner or something like that, and then we all see each other. How does that sound all right? I'm here for it. Let's talk about it. Let's talk about it some more on Thursday and anything else? All right? Okay? So am I clear to leave? Are we good to head out of here? I'm gonna take that as a guest. All right. Now, listen, make sure that you if you are tuning in live or are you listening to the playback, make sure you share this with somebody to tell somebody, to tell somebody else that Dawn Day got a podcast and it's entitled Vitamin D with Dawn Day. Okay, make sure you subscribe because we building were getting bigger and better. If you have any services and you have anything that you would like to promote, I want to encourage you to send the email like I stayed it before, to Vitamin D at dawn Daispeaks dot com. Okay, that's Vitamin D at dawn Dai Speaks. We are building something I told you slowly and shortly beginnings together, and baby is here. Check me out because we're outside you know, el El. And also if you have any resources information that you would like to have shared, this is the place to be, all right, So follow us everywhere. Vitamin D Dawn d Ai. That's vitamin D, don d Ai. And if you would like your original source of vitamin D, that'd be me, baby. I want to encourage you to follow me everywhere. Dawn vitamin Oh my gosh, I got distracted. My arm brother, Dawn Dai speaks or all social media. That's down. Dai speaks on all social media. Your folks from Alabama pulled up hood who we got the fellas in the hose, Well, thank you so much. I'm Brenda. I'm Brenda called on the last episode. Make sure you listen to it. We had a good time and my sister Charlotte Cusy and my aunt Linda, my uncle Michael had popped through on social so we had the whole family in here. I'm looking forward to doing it again. All right, y'all, housekeeping is here. It's time for me to get out the studio. You know, I always say I'm in the business of making dreams come true, and I damn show ain't gonna forget about mine. So until next time, family, always remember you. One of your greatest as set get your right in Indy, You right here with me.
Speaker 2: I get excited about your life