Speaker 1: With white with.
Speaker 2: Hello everyone. It's me James and I'm joined by Scharen and Robert. Today we're going to be talking about the border, which is where the audio you heard at the start was recorded yesterday. Hi Serene and Robert.
Speaker 3: Hi James.
Speaker 2: Hello James, thank you, Robert, Thank you Serene. It's lovely to have this form on introduction time. Okay. So yeah, we're gathered here to go to talk about the border. And the reason we are talking about the board it is because border patrol are doing their thing, the thing that they like to do tiemingly like on a quarterly basis actually exactly three months after the last time, which is to hold people out in the open in between the two board defenses in Santi Sego, just about fifteen minutes south of where I live. The it's probably worth grounding this discussion in the various claims and counterclaims. So there are about two hundred people in between the two boarder fences right now. People I spoke to were from Azerbijan, Turkmenistan and Zbekistan, Turkey, China, Vietnam, Hondoors, Guatemala. Yeah. Like the reason that sometimes these lists of people sound like, you know, you're singing Washington bullets. Is because these are all countries that we have destabilized in one way or another, saying we qua the United States, not we as CAOL zone media, we were spire to de stabilized regimes.
Speaker 1: We've only destabilized two or three countries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're proud of it. Yeah we don't, Yeah, we don't. Uh, we don't hide it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we took our shot at Canada, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Well we've taken a good couple of swings in a tamadoor. I think we land some punches, but who knows, time will tell. So yeah, it's people from like I think often the migration is constructed as quite unquote Mexican, which is definitely not the case. I spoke to one family from Mexico yesterday. But like, even if you look at border patrol statistics, about four thousand out of fifteen thousand people apprehended in the San Diego sector in July of this year of Mexican nationality.
Speaker 3: That's lawer than I would assume to be honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's just a number of things, right, Like, it's these countries, Like climate change is definitely getting worse, so migration is happening from there. I see a lot of people from Vietnam. I don't have the language skills to speak to them in depth, like I was speaking to someone when We'll get onto this through Google Translate from Vietnam. But hard to conduct a full interview, especially when folks are guarding their phone charge, which they are because exactly the same as last time, they need the phone to do CBP one. They need the phone to interact with their families, let them know they're safe. Some of their families, I guess don't know that they're traveling. I was helping people charge phones yesterday. So we can talk. Let's talk a little bit about mutual aid response, and then we'll get onto the border patrol, you know. So there are two groups down there right now, and I think it's very impressive the services they're able to provide because because Border Patrol claim these people are not detained, that means that they are therefore not obliged to provide any services to them. Right So that would mean they don't have to give them water, they don't have to give them food, they don't have to give them shelter or like salitation, which salitation is the one that's really hard to cover because everything has to go through a fist sized gap in the fence. So that's still like an unmet need. But these two groups free Ship Collective, they're free Ship pebe on Twitter, and also American Friends Service Committee. I've spoken about them before. They're a Quaker group that they're really great like in terms of turning up and helping people who need help. They're constantly there and they they're a good place to send your money even if you're not a Quaker yourself, like check out the Twitter. Like Actually, they're probably aligned with a lot of people who listened to show on a lot of things. I think their prison abolitionists. So those two groups were there and they would At first there was myself, one person from American French Service Committee and two older volunteers who would come in about one hundred and fifty to two hundred people. So most of the ideas kind of helped because I think in that situation is more important to help than necessarily like get the best audio for your podcast. So we handed out water, handed out food, handed out those emergency survival blankets, and it was about all we had at first, some like medical stuff people had medical and a bit later free ship people came and Xavier came. I'm not sure what Zavier's org is, but I will tweet it when I find it. I'll put it in the show notes to He's great. I've spoken at his events before that he holds down by the Border. We had a border media round table. He turned up with a massive generator, so that was great. We're able to charge phones. And what's really I think like notable is how much the people in between the fences are able to participate in distribution of goods and helping each other. So like they have a person who volunteers to be the coordinator for the water distribution, and one who volunteers to coordinate for the organizing people into lines and making sure people don't cut the line right, and then one person who was the phone captain who was doing like an incredible job of they'd get the cell phone right right the name of the person and then sign them a number in the line, and that person would also have that name and number written on their hand, and it's written in duct tape that's taped to them and tape to the phone. And then when their turn to charge comes, he would shout the name of the number. They would come from wherever they were in between the walls. They'd come and we would charge the phone, and then once they've got above fifty sixty percent, we'd switch it out and he'd call them again and they come get their phone. So lots of that is stuff that was learned in May and has been like implemented again much more like. It's less chaotic than it was before, and fewer people are able to provide better help, which is really good that it doesn't mean that those people don't need like donations, because they do. I know, the free ship people came with dozens of blankets, but there weren't enough blankets for everybody, so we were prioritizing families with children and pregnant women to have a blanket. It was cold yesterday, it was raining, and people didn't have anything to shelter under. There were a few tarts, but not very many, and it's a pretty like there were very young babies there. Right, it's a pretty difficult place to sleep with Like, people were very keen to get their hands on cardboard boxes to lie down on to sleep. That gives you a sense of how kind of underserved they are. There's obviously no toilet facilities because you're just in a dusty kind of desert area by the border. So if people are familiar with Lass Americas, the Discount Moll, we're like maybe a mile west of there along the dirt road, and it's just kind of dusty field, so very rocky, very difficult people to sleep, very exposed to the elements. Right, it was hot today, like I was out earlier, and it's ninety one, so they won't be having any shade today. They didn't have any shelter from the rain or al ways to keep warm last night. They're not allowed to start fires either, even if they have the means to do so. So the situation of these people, I think is something worth discussing because it's not exactly super duper clear what role this plays in the immigration process. And there were a couple of examples to illustrate that. So I was able to talk to one person. They presented themselves from like they came into the parking lot walking and they looked looked very concerned, and so I approached him as, hey, do you need anything, can we help few? And they had experienced some kind of medical condition and been taken to hospital, which Customs and Border Protection will do that, right, Like, if those people are there and they're having an emergency, they'll open the gate, take that person out and transport them to hospital somewhere in San Diego. That person had then been released from hospital to a taxi, which hospitals in San Diego have a habit of doing this. They'll dump homeless people. Right If you anyone in San Diego will have seen this, you'll be familiar with that. People dumped out of hospital in Hillcrest wearing a hospital gown and maybe having very little other possessions. It's every single day this happens. Unfortunately, people have passed away on being released by the hospital before in Hillcrest. So they release these folks and I guess they often give them a bus pass or they pay for a taxi. In this case, they paid for this person's taxi. They asked for a taxi to the border. The command of English was pretty limited. They asked for attacks to the border. They were taken to like the formal border crossing the Sanisudur, which is a mile and a half east of where we were. And then they walked down the dirt road to where we were. But obviously because there was a fence in between US and the people being detained, then they weren't able to access that area, right, So that leaves them in a conundrum, right that they're now in the United States without without any status they were able to want Bodiptroll agent advise them to return to Mexico. Obviously, that would constitute an entry to Mexico in between portsland entry, where you'd be illegally entering Mexico. It's not bot of Patrol's job to enforce Mexican laws. But that person was in the United States and presented a claim for asylum.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: They had a cell phone and they were using Google Translate, and they literally I could see it. It was like, I'm afraid to go back to my country, afraid I will be her if I go back there, which is like a pretty textbook asylum claim. I would like to claim asylum right. And on making that claim, a Border Patrol agent returned them to the area in between the fences, right, which would suggest that this is a holding facility to border patrol for people. I just want to read the statement that Border Patrol made to me this morning this was like a couple of hours one recording this, recording this on Tuesday. CBP has built and retrofited facilities along the Southwest border to enhance our capabilities in this regard. CBP has also significantly increased the number of medical personnel along the Southwest border and those providing other wrap around services, all to better support ensuring getting people appropriate care as quickly as possible. Border Patrol has prioritized the quick transportation of migrants encountered in this environment, which is partially dangerous, particularly dangerous uring current weather conditions, to border patrol facilities where individuals can see medical care, food, and water. It is important to note that migrants who are between the border barriers are not in border patrol custody and are at liberty to return to Mexico if they desire. We have some audio of border patrol addressing the migrazine between defenses that Daniald's going to drop in right after this person.
Speaker 1: You have a Monday, Just ghost it outast it out.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: We take as soon as we can. Listen, there's too many of you.
Speaker 3: You can't do this fast.
Speaker 1: Why as you here and talk.
Speaker 2: To you the last time we have to take people.
Speaker 1: We're not designed to take hundreds of people. We're working as fast as we can be patient.
Speaker 2: I can tell you this. They're shouting at them, they're shouting at them in English. They're not really giving any case. So what the people obviously have questions, right they've entered, Lots of them have been given bracelets when he's talking about the bracelets, and people will have heard that in the intro to that they were taking people with white bracelets. Those have a day, right the day that you entered, so like it might say Monday or Sunday or today. Obviously it's Tuesday, so they would get a bracelet which has a color and a day, and they process people in order of priority. The people who arrived on Monday first seale process on accompanied minors. I didn't see any obviously, some eighteen year old people. It could be hard to tell how exactly hold they are, but seventeen whatever, But I didn't see any people that young on their own. After that, they will process single mothers with children sor a few of those, quite a few of those. After that, they will process like a family, which they defined to consist of a man or woman and children. After that they will process men on their own. I guess women on their own, then men on their own. They had initially separate people. They had people just like they had last time, right in like families and those with children, and then single men were somewhere else. But it seemed like people were able to come to travel in between the fences down to the place where I was, because that was the only place that they were able to access services, right And I guess the claim of border patrollers that these people could go back to Mexico. I'm not sure how because obviously that they're in between these thirty foot walls right right, you could.
Speaker 1: Go around the end.
Speaker 2: That's how people come north. But that's quite a hike, especially if you haven't got any water and food and stuff. So yeah, it's this is what they've claimed. It's worth noting that like Border Patrol, a number of representative from the Hispanic Caucus like requested Border Patrol clarify this after what happened in May, and their letter they noted that the conditions violate agency guidelines for detention, which they do, and that Boderpatol isn't supposed to hold people in his own custody for more than seventy two hours, which some people were held for longer than that in May, and CBP responded, I'll just read it out. The individuals in question had not made contact with US Border Patrol personnel and were not constrained from further movement. At the time of this incident, the US Border Patrol San Diego sector facilities were experiencing capacity issues and some transportation challenges which have since been remediated. Border Patrol agents encountered and apprehended these migrants as soon as there's operationally feasible to do so. Again, like they were dropped off in May by Border Patrol vehicles in the place where they were being detained, And it's simply not factually correct to suggest that they had not come into contact with Border Patrol. I have video of it. I've published video over on Twitter, We've used audio of it on the podcast. I think it's just not true. So Border Patrol essentially are claiming that this isn't happening when it continues to happen, right, and this time they've taken that to it's like they've al readly doubled down on that status. I guess because they're not providing any services, which is probably a good time for us to hear from some products and services. Oh yeah, fucking magic, Look at that taking a victory lap. I'm quitting now never podcast again. I enjoy these adverts. Yeah it's me, I'm back. Everyone else is still here too. Now we're talking about the mutual eight response to what's happening at their border, right And as I said, a border patrol aren't providing anything. And as I said, at least when I left, I left after it got dark, quite a long time after it got dark last night. It was there for probably seven six or seven hours, and I saw more and more people arriving in that time, and it was a really wide dispersed group of people. Like I would say, maybe the majority were Spanish speaking, but a lot of people with Vietnamese. I was speaking to some Francophone African people at various nationalities right before I left, Like I said, lots of people from Tadjikustan, Azbekistan, as Abijan, places like that. Those people were pretty prominent. So it's fairly hard for volunteers to communicate with all of them, and they don't have any information right about what's happening to them. Can they expect to be separated. In some cases they can. Can they expect how long can they expect to be there? We don't really know. I heard one bord of patrol agents saying that some of the people who arrived on Monday could expect to be taken out maybe by Wednesday, So that's at least two hours two days, right, So all of the services they're being provided, they're being provided through mutual aid right now, which is exactly the same thing that happened last time. Right Sometimes, Border Patrol last time gave them a granola bar. We haven't come back with their granola bars this time. And I think it's really worth us like taking a moment to consider the scale of what like two hundred people is not that many people, but it was more than two thousand people in May, and that was provided for by mutual aid. And I think it's a really good like getting off point for maybe us to have a little talk here about how we do mutual aid, because the only thing that enabled like little babies to have like a blanket is someone messaging someone else on signal and being like, hey, this is happening again. Do you have stuff? Can you come down and someone who I don't know, weeks ago, I guess was like, oh, these people are doing nice things, let me send them some money, because without that, those people would just be sleeping in the in the in the dust. I think it's really it's it's admirable, I think, and it's something that like, I don't know how to say this, that we should take into consideration when we're discussing things like religion and then like doing this course, and like it could be really easy to get like into like full readit atheist mode. I'm not a person who believes in religion particularly, but like, the only people who are helping at some point are people who are at least part of religious organizations.
Speaker 1: Look, I think that the perfectly consistent stance to have is that like, if someone is showing up and providing people with necessary assistance and not not asking for anything in return, including the ability to prostolytize, then I don't give a shit what yeh, right, Like, I don't care if they're from a church. I don't care if it's like you know, some wee like as long as they are showing up and helping people in desperate need and not demanding some sort of something from them, including like you know, them listen to a spiel. I don't really you know, it could be a church, who gives a fuck, right, like, I'm glad they're there, you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: Totally, it could be church. There were mosques there last time. I'm sure that they were like synagogues.
Speaker 1: And yeah, fucking kudos to those people, right, yeah, you know, like that's good, glad they're there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those Yeah, those people are doing anarkids and do, even if they wouldn't call it that or whatever. Like, you know, the more we can create networks that look after each other without trying to control each other, then the better of a place we make the world. And that's what those people are doing, and we should all celebrate that and support them however we can. I guess. So as of today, there are still people there, and they still seem to be putting people in there. I think it's not supposed to be too hot this week, like we had triple digit days last week. I think over the weekend was pretty hot. Yeah, it was. It was very hot on the weekend. So, like, the possibility for this to get much worse is still there, right, The possibility for people to get the person I spoke to who had to go to hospital had become deep hydrated, Like that's how they needed because you don't when people were come when we first at least when I first got there, people were very hungry and very thirsty and like really desperate for a drink of water because often they'd come from some of those other holding areas and like walked down because this was the only place where they could access stuff. So like, yeah, I guess the potential for this to turn into something as sad and completely unnecessary as what happened in May is there again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you mentioned that there's no shade, like no shade in areas, so when it's triple digits, like there are kids and babies and everyone's outside, Yes, that is just I mean, it's terrible regardless, but like that in particular, that's like brutal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think I've shared these pities with you guys before, but like in Hakumber in May, people were making little kind of a frames and lean to's and out of ostillos and cacti and stuff, just trying to get out because it was very hot then out there.
Speaker 3: Even the photos you sat recently, there's like a there's a photo you sat with the child's hand, like coming out of the the fence that.
Speaker 2: It made me emotional. Yeah, it makes me emotional, honestly. Like I think I've said this before, like in interviews, and I would an interview with Rory Pecktreust about this, but like I would rather go somewhere dangerous and have dangerous things happen then see a little kid have to be cold, not be able to help them, or like just be sad, like it's not a funny place for children, And that fucks me up in a way that like that's yeah, I would.
Speaker 1: I would so much rather be like physically uncomfortable or in danger than like be in a perfectly safe place where you're watching kids suffer.
Speaker 2: Like that's the rough thing.
Speaker 1: I've been to a lot of refugee camps, and it's always like, you know, it's weird because I've also seen a lot of kids like in active combat zones And don't take the wrong thing out of this, but like the kids who have been stuck in a camp with like no chance of ever getting out seem like more depressed in a lot of ways than the kids who every day, you know, they're they're in you know, part of the city, even though like the city is a dangerous place to be. They're they're moving around, they're usually doing stuff. Obviously, it's a much more worse situation in a lot of ways. But like the degree to which being in this limbo messes with their heads and depresses them and traumatizes them is And again I'm not saying like it's better for kids to be in an act of war zone, but like that is trauma as well, and I think in a lot of ways an equivalent trauma. Even though the danger to their body is less, the trauma they face being stuck in a place and not having any idea what the future is and not having any ability to influence it. Really right being you know, these kids up at this fence are totally they have no control over their future or their lives.
Speaker 2: Really, I think that's the really like it strips people of their agency, which is a really degrading thing to do. Right, you're forcing these people they can do everything right that that person presented a perfect affirmative asylum claim, you know, and yeah, it doesn't matter. And I think that's very hard, especially I imagine it's very difficult. I'm not a parent, but I imagine that, Like if you are a parent, God, yeah, you know, you just want your kids to have a safe place to grow up. And like, I don't know. It's the first time I ever realized that I was having a trauma response, and it was not a good one. Was in twenty eighteen with the migrant caravan, when like I had been there was one little child where I speak about a lot, but she was obsessed with my hair. If people haven't seen, paces of me have long hair, and like wanted to braid my hair every time I went there. And so she'd come and she'd sit on my shoulders and I would just do shit, and she would braid my hair while I was, you know, handing out water bottles or you know, talking to people, doing what I could do. And like, I saw that girl every day for months, right, And then I remember once coming back to a Christmas party and just wanting to fucking scream at everyone. It's a juxtaposition from being seeing this little kid like deprived of so many things that chord should have, warmth and shelter and good food and a safe place to be, and then going home, you know, twenty minute drive across the border, drive home and see people just like going about their lives. It's it's a really challenging duality. We can't stop it, right, Like it's not in our power to stop this, but like it is in our power. One of the things I hear people being like, it's like welcome to America. Like it's pretty fucked up way to be welcome to America, right, But like, like, I'm an immigrant. My my arrival here was very different, and like Sharene, you came here when you were younger, right, I was.
Speaker 3: I didn't immigrate myself. I was born here a month old, moved back from my parents, immigrated.
Speaker 1: Yeah so you can be president, that's important.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I can be president.
Speaker 1: You can be president, but not James, which is which is good? Which is good? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, in general that is my goal for you, James. Yeah, I can see. I'd really crush it in that round. I do love a good law. Yeah yeah, yeah, Cherine can take out Ted Cruz. Who is you can?
Speaker 1: You can be Charene's John Mitchell. Now it's a fun little water Gate chap for every fund. I will be hiding Karen's secret meetings. I'm hoping for Haldeman myself. That's the Oh, that's the guy to be.
Speaker 2: I want to go back for like further than that, you know, like when students were chads and like Roosevelt got shot five times. I can see Sharene having that kind of energy. Sure, well, yeah, we're all in on Scharene. Yeah, don't choose sereen A book was enough for Teddy Roosevelt people. It's have changed return no jokes aside, Like I came to America very differently from this and like, uh, I recently became a citizen after a long time, and like you always feel very precarious when you live here and you're not, so I just went Like one thing that I noticed was that so many of the folks down there at one point, all of us one pot I didn't know. We're also people who had come here themselves and like had different stories, and we talked about Like another thing I think is really important, actually, it's like just because people are in a shitty situation doesn't mean that they are not like people. Like sometimes it can be really easy to be like bottle of water, buy bottle of water, he goo, bottle of water. Chairs, Like let's want to fucking talk to you and like how is your day or like what's your favorite football team? Like like that can be a really valuable way of being like, look, I understand that the government is treating you like shit right now, and that's not with my consent, Like.
Speaker 3: I human connection because they aren't treated like humans. So it's like nice to remember.
Speaker 2: That's like, oh, it's like yeah, totally, someone seeing me, yes exactly, and just being like we're in community, like we are here to do whatever we can to make this a little bit less fucking barbaric. Like I always think I should buy like soft toys for the kids. I spent a lot of money on soft toys for kids over d years. But remember one time we cleared out at Costco in Tiuana and like had them morn in the bed of a pickup truck and they were like trying to fly out as we drove down the freeway. It was it was a good time. But yeah, it's I think that common humanity is super important if people have language skills and they want to help, Like there are always organizations to help migrants, so American Friends Service Committee is a really good one. I don't think they would care if you were not a person of faith. I think lots of the people helping out with them are not. They're just nice people. So there are so many.
Speaker 3: Languages apparently that need translating, Like it's not just Spanish. I think a lot of people assume it would just be like I don't know Spanish, I'm not going to go. But so many other languages that would be helpful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I speak French, and I honestly spend as much time at the board of speaking French or Spanish. I have like passable communication in Haitian creole, and they can sort of if some people speak like more formal French who are Haitian, so I can speak to them. But yeah, I don't speak Taiji, Kolozbek, Russian or Vietnamese, so like those people are. Therefore it's harder for them to access solidarity right and to talk to people and to be seen, Like we can try a best with cell phone apps. The person who had been taken to a hospital was Vietnamese and was just doing a stalwart job of Like obviously they were to the north of the border, so among the volunteers basically, and we were using our phones to talk and they were helping us distribute shit, right and then helping explain to the Vietnamese people, hey, like you have to be in this line if you want this, at this line if you want that, and like so that was nice, and it's always like great to see like people empowered by that process, Like they're not just like asking for stuff, they're also helping get other people stuff, and I think that that helps both parties. So like this means of like I guess like people call mutilated solidarity not charity, which I think that illustrates really well. You know, like all these people are there to be in solidarity with people who they consider to be members of their community, not not to like gain some camic reward or whatever like people, And I think that's a really laudable thing. It's something we should all participate in if we can stand there everyone's near the border. But like, yeah, we can't change this that we're all supposed to vote for Joe Biden because he wouldn't be a piece of shit to migrants, and he's been a complete piece of shit to migrants for the entirety of his time in office, and I sincerely believe he will be a piece of shit to migrants if he is elected again. So you can't fucking change this by voting for someone. I wish you could. I wish it was that easy, but like it sadly, it requires your active participation. And yeah, I'm just constantly impressed by people who will Like the people from Free Shiit Collective, they bought their entire family. Right I send them a message, They were like, yeah, we're on our way, what do you need blankets? Okay, we have like one hundred blankets and a generator, and within an hour there's at least some of those people. I had a warmer place to sleep right before that, I was giving out the blankets I had for camping in my truck. But I have two sleeping bags in my truck. It's not enough. Yeah, I think that's something we can all do in our own communities. But right now, again, I guess Biden's administration are back on the bullshit at the border, and it's important that people just pay attention to it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I guess you could write your Congress people, but they didn't do shit last time, they won't do shit this time. But people can show sort of directing any way, or lend their language skills. I think now it's a really important time to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's SIT's frustrating because the border in general just becomes like a political talking point, right, like Biden uses it for his benefit and then it's like I'll pick it up when I need it again. Yeah, whatever it is, it's pretty infuriating.
Speaker 2: It's fucking not. Yeah, it's incredibly infuriating for me to see like a guarantee you out was stand there yesterday when no other media folks will be there today. Folks who haven't been there since May will roll up again, right, who haven't covered the border, who don't have a working knowledge of like what's happened since Title forty two, which is apprehensions have dropped, by the way, like travel across the border has got a lot lower since Title forty two, which is what we were told that to opposite of what every off ed told us was going to happen, because people maybe should not be ranting about the border when they live in DC or New York. But yeah, Biden will come back to the border next time he gets attacked by Republicans on boarder stuff, and until then, like these people will be treated as if they're numbers or if they don't matter, and like each of them has a story and a reason for being here, and they're not just numbers. They're all people. And every time someone dies trying to come to its country to be safe, it's a tragedy, and it's a preventable tragedy, and it's one that the Democrats are justice complicit as Republicans in Yeah, you know, we've spoken a lot about groups you can you can go to, right, Like we spoke about border Kindness, we spoke about Borderlands Release Relief Collective. Like there are in one ways to help or detail them all now. But yeah, it's something that like we can't erase the Like I feel genuinely ashamed every time I'm down there, you know, to be American now. But it's just hard when people are like, hey, what's going to happen, you have to be like, well, we don't know, but like you might be separated from your family, you might be detained. They're probably going to take most of your clothes. They might take your belt off. You know, you can wear one jacket, one shirt, your pants, and your shoes. They might take your shoelaces and venues go into the fucking abyss of processing. Right, there might be years till you get your core date and you might not have a right to work until then. But it might cost you tang twelve grand to get a lawyer to represent you. How do you get that money? Fucked you? I know, you know, And yeah it's deep. I feel really ashamed, but yeah, all we can do is just try and help however we can. Yeah, yeah, all right, Yeah, sorry that was really depressing, was that? No, No, it's good.
Speaker 3: I really admire that instead of like kind of wallowing in the shame, You're like, I actually want to do something and it's okay that I feel shame. That's valid. It's both things can be true. I can be helpful and I can also have perspective on it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, it helps to help helps me. It helps other people to feel active, not like acted upon. And that's why folks on who are migrants want to also participate in migrant aid, right, like even folks whore in between the war right now, like organizing that the phone charging queue, because it helps to not just feel acted upon and remove the agency. Yeah, so yeah, do you mutual aid if you can?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Be nice, Yeah, be nice.
Speaker 1: Box the border patrol. H I think that that more or less covers it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's our message. That Sharine's presidential slogan.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's my campaign. I'll work on that, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It could happen here as a production of cool Zone Media.
Speaker 3: For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website coolzonemedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can find sources for It could Happen Here, updated monthly at coolzonemedia dot com slash sources. Thanks for listening.