Speaker 1: Are you leaving?
Speaker 2: I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 1: Either way, we want to be there. Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and a terminol ingae ad. We want to send you off InStyle. You wanna welcome you back home?
Speaker 2: Tell us all about it.
Speaker 1: We scared her?
Speaker 3: Was it fine?
Speaker 1: Malborn? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 2: Ride with Karen and Chris?
Speaker 4: Welcome to Do you need a ride? This is Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 1: And this is Karen Kilgareth.
Speaker 2: Hi, Karen? How are you good?
Speaker 1: Chris? How are you today? Are you going to come out with an anecdote right right off the jump?
Speaker 4: I mean it's been kind of presumptuous of me to always leap in with my anecdote.
Speaker 1: I feel you're life, you have one no, no, no, your life is incredibly rich.
Speaker 4: So well, thank you to doing. I mean sometimes it's a stretch coming up with these things, but today it's worth talking about. I was legitimately bullied at the gym nasium. I was just I went there to swim and right away these lay there's three ladies. I've seen them there before. They're in their mid sixties. They snicker. First of all, they make fun of me because I you know, I wear a snorkel and flippers and I have my webbed swimming gloves.
Speaker 1: Because you're asking to be made fun of, that's I guess.
Speaker 4: So But hey, I'm I didn't ever learn to swim as a kid, and these these items helped me swim comfortably because I never to breathe while swimming. No, I wish I could have a discussion with these ladies before what you know, they're not even swimming, okay, they're they're using the hot tub. And then it's gross because they just get into the pool to cool off, so they're sweaty and they have hot tub water on them. I don't know if that's chlorinated.
Speaker 2: And and then and.
Speaker 1: Then they swam right over to you and circled up.
Speaker 4: They just stay at the end of the lane and so I'm literally dramatically weaving through them and they aren't moving, and then one of them's shoulder checks me, and I think it was on purpose.
Speaker 2: And and I know last time.
Speaker 4: I was there, I saw them actually actively pointing and laughing at me because again, I have a snorkel that's and a swim cap and three feet high. Yeah, it goes straight up the middle. It's a freestyle snorkel, that's what it's made for.
Speaker 1: So it's like kind of like a periscope, like you're a human submarine.
Speaker 4: Yes, except Michael Phelps's signature is on it. Like other people use these things, you know, and these God, they're mean, and I just I don't know it?
Speaker 2: Are they?
Speaker 1: Uh? Do you think they're flirting with you? Could that be what it is?
Speaker 2: That a flirting.
Speaker 4: They're saying it silently to themselves and pointing and laughing and trying to hide their laughs. It's not a flirt. It's just mean high school behavior and they should know better. Again, they're in their mid sixties.
Speaker 1: Are you be able to do a comedy podcast after something like that?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to snap out of it then, and I don't mean to be graphic, But then in the in the locker room, a very strange, larger than me man was I'm not kidding, bending over and spreading his butt and looking I asked him if he had been injured. He was looking at his butthole in the mirror. I don't, you know, I don't. He was looking at his butthole, but he was also smiling while doing it and looking over at me, like, hey, what do you think of this? Maybe that guy was flirting. I don't know. I thought he had injured his butt, maybe he fell on something.
Speaker 1: If even if he had, that's not the place to check the engine.
Speaker 4: He was being real weird, real weird with this butthole check anyway, you know, I don't I think it's Was.
Speaker 1: There anyone else in the in the locker room with you?
Speaker 4: It was pretty busy, and everyone like me, was just wishing and pretending it wasn't happening actively again, leaning forward, bringing his head down by his ankles and spreading, and he was looking in the mirror at his at his bh Come on, man, I mean, I'm not made that uncomfortable, but it seemed aggressive.
Speaker 2: That is kind of aimed towards me.
Speaker 1: It's almost it was almost like an improv where it started aggressive with the ladies in your lane, and then it agreed and it heightened someone checking their own and.
Speaker 2: I yes and died both groups.
Speaker 1: Yeah you were forced to yes, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta stick with the scene. You can't just go off and do your own character. That's no, that's why it started.
Speaker 2: Stand up. Well, I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: You take a deep breath, yeah, so we can.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I got upset.
Speaker 4: It's okay, I got upset again.
Speaker 1: I would not have made fun of you if I'd known you were this upset. And you're a right to be.
Speaker 2: She shoulder checked me.
Speaker 4: Right to be all right, never mind, very excited about our guests today.
Speaker 2: Are you.
Speaker 1: Let's see it in your face and in your posture.
Speaker 4: I've told I've been yeah, and I've been very aware of my posture. Thank you for reminding me. I'm going to be upright this. I better even adjust the mic just to okay, this is how I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: All the time. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Both these John's I remember when I first came to town, and one of the Johns was always so nice to me, and the other John when he came to These are both nice guys. That are funny guys, and they're friendly guys. And they have a brand new podcast called two John's Don't Make a Right, which we're going to talk about.
Speaker 1: They play clubs and colleges, follow.
Speaker 4: So many colleges. They make a small living doone colleges on the side of being EPs of major TV shows. Everyone put your hands together for John Daily and John Schrader. Hey guys, Hi, I tell people to clap, Hey, guys, how are you?
Speaker 5: We're great? How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm great?
Speaker 1: John Daily was only doing hand gestures. I know I'm the perfect opener for a podcast.
Speaker 5: I was just raised not to clap for myself.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh wow, yeah cool. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was told not to ever get a big head.
Speaker 6: I was raised by improv comedy to clap for myself. You know how you go out and you just like, we're already, we're already good energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It gets everyone's in the audience, gets their brain firing to come up with a non geographical location and also an occupation for the group to riff off of.
Speaker 1: What if the occupation that you suggested was self clapper.
Speaker 6: Well man in business, everybody would be like, all right, you win.
Speaker 2: You're in the group.
Speaker 3: She won.
Speaker 2: You're in the group.
Speaker 1: You made it, you.
Speaker 4: Made that's yeah, that's why improv groups are always growing, just new members.
Speaker 2: You can't say out anyone if you blow everyone's mind. Yeah, you're in.
Speaker 1: You're with an idea like that. You guys, when did you start this podcast? Two John's don't make it right? Is it fake?
Speaker 6: No, it's real, it's real, it's real. Two John's don't make it right? I mean it's yeah, I mean it was.
Speaker 5: It was a dumb joke at a party, something I would refer to a bottle talk that. Then John Bailly had some follow through with it. I said, okay, why.
Speaker 4: Not so the name the name did come first?
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, it's a premise based podcast.
Speaker 6: We were we were being idiots and just going, yeah, we should do a thing to John's don't maker right, where we drive around La making lefts we never turn right or the podcast is over. And so then we did it, and it's it's really fun.
Speaker 4: So technically you can just go around one city block the entire podcast, sure.
Speaker 2: Just turning right, just turning left.
Speaker 1: Sorry, yeah, yeah we've done that.
Speaker 6: Technically we could, but we like to explore and take note of film locations, for example.
Speaker 2: You guys, so you guys have a driving podcast as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can pretend to just know about it now, iron I think I speak for Karen too, where I don't. I am not at all threatened by you guys having another comedy driving podcast.
Speaker 5: I thought this was I thought this was an intervention or a no confrontation showdown.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we weren't even sure who at first, us or this guy Jerry Seinfeld But it turns out he did it before us, and so we don't have a leg to stand on if the sign man the sign.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they get coffee.
Speaker 2: We don't do that, right, No, Yeah, ours is way different. I think you're discounting how different ours is.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: We don't even make right turns like that's insane and right, and we occasionally do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And Jerry Seinfeldt's talking about both coffee and what's hidden in there is cars.
Speaker 2: Cars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's very specific about cars entirely.
Speaker 6: He's basically and then Leno's took away the coffee and Lenno's just doing cars right in my garage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I forgot about Leno's.
Speaker 1: He replaced the coffee with chambray.
Speaker 2: Is chambray another?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: The only people that get that joke have worked at the gap.
Speaker 2: That was kind of is it a type of denim?
Speaker 5: It's the Chambra shirt.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's the gene the gene shirts that he wears.
Speaker 5: It took me a second. I worked at Banana Republic, so I remember.
Speaker 2: Jay's got a denim car.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Jennam exterior that would be No.
Speaker 6: That was a Funnier Die sketch and my friend Alex Gordellis was pitching. It was like an all day pitch in Jay Leno's actual garage. All the Funnier Die writers went there and they set up a table in this garage and every single pitch it was like a four hour thing. He was like, yeah, let's get it, let's get it, keep him coming, keep the ideas coming.
Speaker 2: But nobody was hitting.
Speaker 6: And then my friend Alex went It was like, you know, four pm, and he was ready to go.
Speaker 2: It was like he goes Denim car and Jay Leno is just like, yeah, you know, yeah, let's do it denhim car.
Speaker 6: And it just seemed like he didn't want to do it after a while, but Alex is like denhim car and he was like, oh no, let's fully commit. And you know, Mike Farrow made a full denhim car, so he actually does have one.
Speaker 1: This is something we can actually see if we looked it up on Funnier Die.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I fucking love that.
Speaker 2: I love Yeah, j Leno did that. Yeah, I love that. Jay Leno saw like Jerry Seinfeld show. It was just like, yeah, yeah, well there's room for all of us.
Speaker 4: They're really right, there's a lot of roads in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: We need so much content. I mean, there's not enough. It just gets burned up.
Speaker 4: So and also, can Karen and I claim ownership over something we haven't done for over two years?
Speaker 6: So you guys, this is kind of your you're starting at anew. I thought we would be in a car, by the way. I thought that would be I know, well, but it's okay.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's now that suddenly COVID is over because war has begun. There's a very good chance we'll be in the car soon. Yeah, but we're just trying to plan it out so that, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have to wait. Everyone's fully discooed. It does feel over, and then.
Speaker 1: We have the car, get some tests and you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: We'll figure it out soon. It's going to be nice.
Speaker 4: But what I said in the beginning, John, uh tall, do you mind if I call you tall?
Speaker 2: You were always tall?
Speaker 4: John to me, still I wonder if that if you ever differentiation. Yeah, yeah, regular size and Tall John.
Speaker 2: I'm regular size.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've never been upset by it. It was a nickname given to me working at the Warehouse Records in nineteen eighty nine when there was like three John's and they all needed a you know, a pronoun or an adjective. That's the word, I'm a writer.
Speaker 1: What were the other Johns?
Speaker 5: Well, there was Fiddler John Fiddler, so he was just Fiddler, and then I think the other John was just this older guy who just got to be John because he was there before us.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so there was Fiddler.
Speaker 5: And Tall John after Yeah.
Speaker 2: Tall John John and Fiddler. He was the odd ball man.
Speaker 1: He works in the jazz section.
Speaker 4: But yeah, when I first moved to LA and I would go, I like MBAR had a lot of the cool shows that I wanted to get on, and I would pay it to just watched to build up the courage to ask Scott and BJ if I could go up. And you John were always very nice to me.
Speaker 6: That's Tall John, that's and and so yeah, you started the whole podcast with this, and then you went, you went, you know, Tall John. You we always nice John, you were always let's get started, I thought you No, if you're a wind, that's really what that's passive aggression.
Speaker 1: Now, that's left over from what happened to him at the gym, and we have to have a lot of empathy for his daily experience. Shoulders, Slowly, it's going to trickle out. During this pod.
Speaker 5: Speaking of the gym, it occurred to me that perhaps the gentleman spreading his bottom saw that you had the snorkel, the prescope snorkel, and thought maybe you could just get in there and look around.
Speaker 4: Oh he wanted a free like medical maybe check of some kind fun medical check like Rodney Dangerfield and back to school.
Speaker 2: Hey hey, I'm swimming down here full of soup.
Speaker 5: You say I was always nice to you. I'd like to think I still would be if I ever saw you in person.
Speaker 4: Again, you always did, never went away. You've changed, You've kept up, You've kept up this year.
Speaker 2: How about me? You he came to town?
Speaker 4: What did you move here in five?
Speaker 5: O six?
Speaker 2: I moved here in eight? What about eight? Then? Oh?
Speaker 4: Wait, yeah you were you were and you uh.
Speaker 2: I was nice?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah you were nice? Yeah, Chris, Yeah you were nice.
Speaker 1: Running in place with this. Do you have a problem with John Daily, I might as well say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do not.
Speaker 4: By that time, I had already solidified myself in the scene somewhat, and I was no longer petrified of other comedians, right. I think that's why tall John was made to be. He was just hanging out as a writer. He was not doing stand up and he wasn't being intimidating or like, hey, you're not a cool kid yet.
Speaker 5: Well you were. You were a skateboarder.
Speaker 4: I mean I was cool outside of comedy, sure, I mean I'm never going to debate that.
Speaker 2: But within comedy, John's the guy at the statusy booth, at the you know, he's in the boot with the status people.
Speaker 1: He said that he gets bottle service every time he goes to a comedy show.
Speaker 2: He doesn't.
Speaker 6: He doesn't play the status moment. You know, you come over, He's like, what's up. Yeah, I'm at the status table, No big deal. But I'm the guy that doesn't give a.
Speaker 1: Fuck, and I'm a power broker. But I don't have to shove it in your face. Good luck with your seven minutes set.
Speaker 5: And whether or not you tank or not, I'm going to say great.
Speaker 2: Job, great job man.
Speaker 4: You did always tell me great job.
Speaker 1: Now that I think about it. Wait, John Dilly, do you remember I remember when I first met you? Do you remember it?
Speaker 2: Wait? When did we first meet?
Speaker 1: Well, but I remember meeting you, and I it was when I went back to comedy after leaving comedy for like five years, went back and became a guitar act and I was absolutely mortified, talk about like exactly what Chris is talking.
Speaker 6: So I remember you doing those shows. Yes, I don't remember exactly when.
Speaker 2: We met, though.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the show at the Gower Gulch. There was the show that was started long ago by Melinda Hill and I think Maria or several people.
Speaker 2: Maria Lily and it got past the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who was the girl who booked it with her? And she would be there with her mom, Jazz. Okay, So I got booked on that show and I'm mortified to be a guitar comic and I know I'm too old to be doing like I was, just like, what am I fucking doing? This is totally insane. So I show up at Tiger Lily and it's that kind of nervousness where you're just kind of weirdly like blind, like I kind of couldn't see outside of a small circle right in front of me. And you were one of the first people I saw, and you were super nice and you were like, hey, what's up. And I'm like hey, I'm Karen, I'm on the show, and you're like yeah, cool. And we started talking a little bit and then I go are you jazz And you were like no, like turned around.
Speaker 2: You thought I was just Oh, I.
Speaker 1: Never met anybody. It was like this was to be I was like three generations out from my like class of comics.
Speaker 2: That's WHOA.
Speaker 1: Blaine was probably hosting. But other than that, I knew no one.
Speaker 6: Well, I was pretending not to know who you were because I knew who you were.
Speaker 5: But I uh.
Speaker 6: But so that's something that will come out in E. M. D R sessions with deep deep healing. Uh, that's buried way back in the cerebral I just had no I.
Speaker 1: Just didn't know what I was doing.
Speaker 2: No, I know, yeah, And that show is like open plan. Yes, it was like everyone's everywhere.
Speaker 1: There's nothing that makes me more nervous than at a comedy show when there's white tablecloths and wine glasses on the table. I'm like, this is going to be fucking horrible.
Speaker 2: People are eating like steak Dian in front of you. It's like major meals.
Speaker 1: It's not people are gonna have heavy French sauce and then watch my dumb ship, Like I have to get out of here. What am I doing? So sorry about that?
Speaker 2: I know, no problem.
Speaker 4: Hey, Yeah, it's hard to know when jazz is just in an email.
Speaker 2: You don't know.
Speaker 4: Jazz could be anyone, really, and I.
Speaker 2: Just had jazz to be anyone. Yeah. Yeah, it's a gender.
Speaker 1: Jazz to be anyone. And I just wanted the first person I talked to to be the person I was supposed to be talking to to help me. That's all I could manage.
Speaker 3: What if I was like, yeah, Mama, money, daddy, O, yazz e scip, you're booked so embarrassing.
Speaker 5: The white table cloths and wineglasses could describe a few places like Largo and mb are both at one point. Yeah, and that's everywhere you performed.
Speaker 2: And the like underground place what is that El Sid too?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: El Sid also the old Luna Park. Yeah, like it's that thing of when people are investing in like a night of comedy right. It makes me be like this matters too much, or this is too costing too much money. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna deliver what they want.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when it's a full, sit down meal, it's because it's not you know, you go on the road and at a comedy club, of course they have nachos and everything. It's not the same as a plate of spaghetti with a white timbo cloth.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Something about that makes it feel like I'm in, I'm interrupting your meal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like a large water glass next to a cloth napkin. And then also when there's seats like tables empty but fully set, where I'm just like, no good can come up this night. This is people are gonna get their feelings hurt.
Speaker 6: And the food is the food's never good, right, And whenever there's a silence, you just hear forks clanking on plates.
Speaker 2: It's like a strip club must be when you eat at a strip club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh do people eat at strip clubs?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They.
Speaker 6: I just drove across America, and half the strip clubs we drove past it was like you know, steak dinner or like you know, breakfast too, Like you.
Speaker 4: Know, yeah, are you talking specifically, Like when I moved to Austin, Texas, every ad was like, come at noon, bring your kids, It's Hamburger Wednesday. And there was meal deals. We have Prime rib and again bring your kids.
Speaker 2: Open it open at seven am or.
Speaker 4: Whatever, and wink wink there's still fully nude ladies. Yeah, it's how many things do you have to tap into?
Speaker 6: Well, it's it's also like this weird thing of like they can't serve alcohol, so some places are just like, let's serve like disgusting food, so guys can get horny, I guess, and with their friends, with their friends and then eat.
Speaker 4: And just put a gravy covered dollar in your underd.
Speaker 2: Ah. There shouldn't be food. They can just stick it to your leg.
Speaker 4: There's even why Portland a vegan strip club that was kind of famous, right.
Speaker 2: I went there one time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was like the thing to do, like twenty twelve, if you were in Portland, everyone was like, let's go to this vegan strip club?
Speaker 1: Was it Lumberjack?
Speaker 4: Somebody Casa Diablo?
Speaker 2: Right, okay, yeah yeah, and we should all.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna you know, it's not like I go to those places.
Speaker 2: You all know that about me.
Speaker 4: But at Bridgetown it was like one of the yeah, Bridge like one of the comedy. Hey, we're all going to the strip club today exactly. I'm like really as a group, and it's kind of fun to just go with a bunch of boys and girls that are comedians to a strip club together.
Speaker 2: It's also relatively like cool vibe of a strip club.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's nobody there that's like weirdly drunkenly, Like there's always a guy that's like thinks he's in love or is just like so deeply sad.
Speaker 2: You see so many but the Cassa.
Speaker 1: Diablo the one where it's like the strippers are co owners and it was all like kind of empowerment and like we decide how much you like it or whatever.
Speaker 2: That's how it feels. We tip you.
Speaker 1: We were at the arcade and then people are like, we're going to go over to the strip club and I was like, yeah, I don't. I think that'll bum me out because I remember one time getting roped into going to Jumbo's clown room and just being like I don't want to do this. This makes me feel bad. And everybody at the arcade that day was like, no, they love it. It's like their thing or whatever it where. It's just like, oh, it's the Portland version of a strip club.
Speaker 2: It's empowerment strip. Yeah, it was cool. It's better. I'll say that. It's better.
Speaker 6: It doesn't feel like I guess I don't know, Like I don't really go to strip clubs. But I went to one in Vegas, like a huge one. It was called Sapphire and I went there with like eight guys and we all got lap dances and I was just.
Speaker 2: Like, now I'm horny. What do I do not know? And like every it was just I'm just like I'm horny with my buddies. Yeah, weird, it's weird. Hey you horny?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I got a boner man. Yeah yeah. Oh and I'm watching you get it right now? Yeah cool? Hey, look at look at Dave. He's horny.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I wonder what it would look like if I was watching my friend and that girl actually have sick Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, anyway, I have a great marriage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's her last night before your marriage.
Speaker 6: So can I ask you guys of question what because we're trying to steal as much from you as we sure, of course, your whole idea so what what are kind of games that you guys play when you're driving around or or whatever, whatever kind of comes up.
Speaker 1: My favorite game is when Chris tried to be the sound guy even though he didn't know how to work a zoom, and then would always be scared slash furious because he thought he lost the episode every time.
Speaker 4: Because I did a couple of times, and it never will be known that that first take, that lost Tig episode, I will ever know why it happened.
Speaker 1: We had an Emmy Award winning episode where she told us about her wedding and it was it was truly like we cried at one point.
Speaker 4: And then it just sounded like frying bacon. I don't wow. So yeah, having the I mean, we didn't play games. It's mostly like it's you'll discover that as you drive, things are passing, people walk, pedestrians, it gives you something to talk about and describe. And it turns out we discovered people love hearing that. It seems weird to talk about something that no one is seeing, but if you describe it and legitimately are earnestly reacting to things, people love it. And that's something you'll discover and something I miss about us driving because yeah, now now it feels like we should be playing a game.
Speaker 2: We'll have you on ours and we'll drive. Yeah, we'll pick you up.
Speaker 5: Yes, I just gotta a Toyota Siena minivan, so there's plenty of space.
Speaker 1: Ooh does that have a fourth row? The Siena just a third row.
Speaker 5: But that's that's all I need.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: Is this the first time, Karen, we've had two guests? I think so, because there was another botched episode where we did have two, but we just decided not.
Speaker 2: There's a bunch of reasons.
Speaker 6: You could say, you could say this episode is a full cart.
Speaker 2: It really is back to.
Speaker 1: The carpool episode.
Speaker 4: Everybody, Yeah, we used to pretend. I used to make traffic noise. There's a lot of folly work, and then we quit pretending.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, it does make a big difference, though, when you have a moving surrounding worlds, because it then spurs on the conversation, whereas since basically COVID started, we're just like, we can do this, we can keep talking anyway. But I didn't realize how much complaining about like traffic and people, like there was a guy one time that was like we were talking and I was driving slowly because I think we were there was someone we were waiting to pick up, and this guy got furious that either he had to wait for me to drive by. Something was happening where we had like a highly aggressive pedestrian. It was really and then we were trying to take pictures of him and stuff. It's just like things that in the real world can be very exciting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had a guy chasis on a bike wielding his U lock and he tried to knock off Karen's mirror. We've witnessed multiple fish fights at bus stop.
Speaker 1: We saw that get dropped at a bus stop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, knocked out to where he was knocked out and limply hit his head Like that's how people get in trouble.
Speaker 2: With week rains.
Speaker 6: We saw a guy that was at a bus stop Kiosk in Korea town facing the wall of the key the like like the mesh.
Speaker 2: Kind of metal mesh wall. Was he shown his butthole?
Speaker 6: No, he was just facing the walls and standing there. It was so insane. He was just like he was there for like a full minute at least, just standing.
Speaker 5: We were in a red light and yeah, he was just not facing so he couldn't see if the bus was coming. Yeah, and it was staring four inches away from a wall.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Insane behavior is yeah, but not dangerous.
Speaker 5: That's not good.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, well yeah, so that is the game you end up playing is a version of ice by without all the annoying guessing. If you just talk about what you're saying and it's.
Speaker 6: Well, our thing is we don't turn right, so we usually the conversations kind of go into like, oh my god, I think we're going to have to turn right.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, turn left here?
Speaker 6: No no, okay, we got a full thing, and then kind of the negotiation of like, look, if we need to exit a highway, we can't you know, we can't call that or write that's just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's merging. You could merge yea.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It sounds like the whole thesis of your podcast is a game in and of itself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind kind is, but we need to chop it up with a little bit of variety.
Speaker 1: I think some segments, some segments.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, let's play like like Doug Benson does whatever, Like he just does the Leonard Malton game and it's like, yeah, love it, Like that's what we should do, the license plate game or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we can do that.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, there was a great game, but you can't you can't do it on podcasts because you can never clear music. But my favorite car game. Maybe this will be a way we can find you a game. I'll start with this one, this one which you can't use. It was called Radio Wars, and it was essentially turn the radio on and then hit like scan and then when it stopped and started playing a song, whoever said the name of the song the fastest, and it couldn't be the band. It had to be in the name of the song. And then it was like whoever got it? And then it would scan again. So it was like a fast oh kind of like keep you on your toes game in the car?
Speaker 2: Right, let me write this down, Let me write this down.
Speaker 5: You know who's insanely good at that game. I worked for him for a while in the odds is Jimmy Kimmel because he used to be a DJ.
Speaker 2: Oh right, right.
Speaker 5: He can hear like literally like a note of a song like oh painted love and it.
Speaker 2: Is that's amazing.
Speaker 5: It was like a like a savant like power.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know who else can do that is Jimmy Pardy. Oh yeah, both jam I played, Yeah, the Jimmy's now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe they should have a podcast, Oh yeah to Jimmy's Don't turn left.
Speaker 1: Less of a room done?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Kim O was a DJ in like Arizona, right all.
Speaker 5: Over the place. He had all He just kept getting fired everywhere he went. Why because you know, he's funny and they don't always like that and they like to do his own thing.
Speaker 2: He was like Howard Stern in private Parts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, kept getting fired from like local affiliates, disrespectful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's also a shitty business.
Speaker 2: And then the fans stood up and said, no.
Speaker 1: We decide. Now, guys, do you like Howard Stern's short haircut? Because I think the shape is wrong. I think it's it's too grammar school principal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, seen him in a while. Is it's still kind of like a bucket.
Speaker 1: It's almost like a short shag, but with the way his hair goes. Every time there's an article about him, because he's now speaking out against many things, right, but it always.
Speaker 2: Is like.
Speaker 1: Is that I'm not gonna be able to remember her name. It always just looks like an actress from the eighties that has.
Speaker 5: A parent, right, Alie Sheedy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I was going to say his long hair looked like a metal guy from the eighties, So he had like eighties metal hair.
Speaker 4: So you're describing the haircut that I wanted to get but I just couldn't figure it out.
Speaker 5: And also as a bald guy like I would kill for any hair, like I'd have a moment if I could.
Speaker 2: I never noticed. I never noticed. I actually don't think of you as bald. That's yeah at all.
Speaker 1: No, no, at all.
Speaker 5: Well just compared to what I you know, pretty bald, I.
Speaker 2: Guess you are.
Speaker 1: But you know he's too tall. We don't even get to address that part of John.
Speaker 5: That's right. But Karen, you remember back in the nineties, I had a beautiful head of hair.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it was just like all over it. Every barbecue, it would get into your potato and stuff.
Speaker 4: I'm really glad you don't have that air anymore. It was always in my mouth.
Speaker 1: It was a mess.
Speaker 6: So, Karen, I don't I don't know how much you knew John, but like what's coming out on the podcast? Well, knew tall John, but what's coming out on the podcast. Is that like back in the day when you guys like first moved here, he was like a big prankster and was like, I'll do anything like. His rep was kind of like, I'm the guy that does anything like. So that's what he's playing up. I just want to know if there's truth to that, if he was seen as that.
Speaker 1: I definitely remember that he was truly full of beans. Yeah, but here's the problem that I was like a blackout drunk. So all I know is I if John was around, I was having a good time. Other than that, there's not a lot of details in my in my party memory.
Speaker 5: And I'll say this, well, I was hanging around Largo, around Karen and all these other funny people. I was not pranking them. I was just trying to blend in.
Speaker 6: No, no, I mean, but the thing with the fireworks, like throwing the fireworks, I was like, Jesus, wait, we were legitimately destructive.
Speaker 1: Where was that?
Speaker 5: Well, Steve ag brought it up. They're not fireworks. They're called sprite bombs, and you can see them online. They're remember snapcaps, those little white sure they're like that maybe times three, and they looked like little cannon balls, and they're just like little gunpowdered balls, and you can you can pop them in there a little bit louder and then make a little spark. And I really enjoyed keeping them in my car and throwing them, primarily at male joggers and watching them jump. So it wasn't It wasn't so much pointed at a single person as it was a group of people. How dare someone ride it better themselves?
Speaker 1: Physically shame them, scare them?
Speaker 2: Jogging was out.
Speaker 5: Yes, I felt like it was a harmless and I stopped after a while. Steve pointed out I kept so many. You're supposed to keep them separate from one another. When they rub up on each other, they all blow up. And that happened. They were in my cup holder in my car and I did that, and I screamed, and Steve laughed and told that story on our.
Speaker 4: Podcast and Joggers in the Distance class.
Speaker 1: Yes, finally hoisted by his own petard. Now, can you remember ever doing that at Laura Milligan's house in her back that back patio area.
Speaker 5: I don't remember doing that there, but it could have. It could have been. I went to a couple of those parties.
Speaker 1: John do you remember when I think it was Ja Johnston, the insurrectionist Jay Johnston started bringing the brooms to all the parties and we played broom where we Do you remember that?
Speaker 5: I do remember? I forgot all about it.
Speaker 2: Broom.
Speaker 1: So the base of the broom right where the where you actually sweep. You hold that to your chest and then you look up at the top. So at that point it's going up, say five feet above you, and you have to hold it and stare at the top of the broom and then two people spin you around and you have to spin around what twenty times or whatever, and then there's a circle of people around you. And when you're done spinning around twenty times, you throw the broom in front of you and you have to jump over it. But by the time you've spun twenty times, and most people are drunk or high, you're so dizzy that you throw it down and immediately fall over. And it is the funniest fucking thing you've ever seen in your life. And it's even funnier like when people are a little buzzed because they think they can do it and it's no big deal, and then when they go to do it. They just fucking eat it, like just you have to be on like on the grass or like on a soft part of the backyard because people just go right down like in their face. It's the funniest.
Speaker 4: That sounds like a fun game you guys can play while podcasting. Oh yeah, broom, Yeah you're in a room. You're in a tall man.
Speaker 5: I had forgotten all about that. Yeah, that was such a fun house for them to entertain us with their parties. They had that projector back there, right. Do you still keep in touch with them?
Speaker 1: I haven't. They moved up to San Francisco. I haven't talked to Laura in a really long time. But like my sister keeps track of everybody on Facebook for me, but I haven't actually talked to Laura in a really long time.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I used to live around the corner from that house. I'm like, we were neighbors for about three months and then they thought better of it and moved to San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, they were.
Speaker 5: They were terrific and yeah, brooms, god, so broom, broom.
Speaker 4: I'm someone that advice for room at all, Like on a tire swing, even I will vomit. I can't go on the teacup rides little kid rights.
Speaker 2: Even same here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that game's not for me. I would vomit in front of everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you get really dizzy.
Speaker 4: I do get dizzy. I'm one of the dizzier guys.
Speaker 5: What about vertigo?
Speaker 2: Do you get vertigo? I've had it.
Speaker 4: I had it when that's Steve ag and I talked about that. We had it at the same time. Once I think his what's more serious. But we had a deep, deep vertigo talks. I just got it some gift from God. I had like a year. I couldn't skateboard. I was I would fall over. I was just off balance. And then I went to a doctor. Yeah wow, And then he said it eventually will go away. And I just waited and gradually I noticed I didn't have it anymore. But it lasted a long time, and there was no reason I had it. I had done no spinning, there was.
Speaker 2: No trigger for it. No, there was just no just happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here you go deal with this for a year. That's that's me doing Jesus's voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and during that year, you don't know if it's ever going to stop. Yeah, So it's.
Speaker 4: Always kind of looming over you while you try and focus on your fledgling career or relationships.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yeah.
Speaker 4: It's just makes It's one of the colorful pageant.
Speaker 2: Layers of life or whatever.
Speaker 1: People say, Sure, no, do you sorry? Back to your podcast? Do you guys have guests like?
Speaker 3: Have you?
Speaker 1: In referencing Steve ag was he on your podcast?
Speaker 2: Was he was our first guest?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And then we.
Speaker 5: Did two with just us that I think Dailey is gonna sit on forever.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know, maybe they'll be a femera for the future.
Speaker 2: Nice ye.
Speaker 1: Special apps.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think it's okay to sit on them. And as our audience got to know us, they got we found they got excited when it was just right because they're gonna like you.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have some good guest lines up. We have you guys, We.
Speaker 6: Have nice perfect yeah yeah, John Hamm, John's gonna go out to John ham right John.
Speaker 2: John John's and then I think we can make a right yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: If it's three John's, we can't turn we want special episode.
Speaker 4: You should do only right oh man?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever's clever. You know, that's the beauty.
Speaker 6: It's like, take this left take this right three three johns, so three times.
Speaker 4: It's almost dangerous though, because you were at an unprotected intersection, much like when weighs the app used to try and kill us.
Speaker 2: Oh you can make it.
Speaker 4: It's five o'clock and it's.
Speaker 2: Laurel Olympic Boulevard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you have to do the left otherwise you're breaking the rules of your podcast. I just don't want to see you guys get hurt because of a silly rule.
Speaker 5: Well, sometimes the podcast will be, you know, fifteen minutes if we get stuck right, especially going downtown. You know there's lots of one way streets.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's almost happened a few times, but we've kind of like pulled it out. And that's a good moment in the podcast when we're like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's touch and go. Yeah, and the audience is like, what, it's real drama.
Speaker 6: We do talk about things and it is funny, but uh yeah, there is a maybe we should cut out a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Hey what about this? Okay, Now I don't think you can go here. Yeah, that's really all I add.
Speaker 4: No, people love that we don't added at all. We would leave in our go through. Starbucks drive through is leave our order in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't have to. Yeah, let people enjoy the road to hang. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Also I don't want to bump anyone out. But the there is an unhoused crisis happening. So yes, I think we actually had to make an effort to not talk about it, and we should give money to some organization via the podcast because it is the main thing that we see that's notable. Yeah, and then we so we kind of like skip over it kind of mentally, I feel like, but there is it's like, oh wow.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. If we talk about this literally, the podcast will be rough. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 2: Which you can cut this whole part out too.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's it's happening.
Speaker 2: We might as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you don't notice. It's like I lived in Venice for six fifteen years, sixteen years and I went back, you know, I've been Echo Park now for three and I went back and it was unre recognizable some street, just certain areas where it's like you have to see that contrast.
Speaker 6: Yeah, wait in Venice you mean oh yeah, right, it's because it was kind of.
Speaker 2: Bad for a while, right, am I wrong? Or yeah?
Speaker 4: But and now it's just worse right, and it's you have to see it and compare it to the past. So yeah, lives, Oh go ahead, Sorry, no, no, no, but I won't go ahead.
Speaker 5: My neighborhood has been and that's why I told John Day on our last podcast is there were he and Steve age you were talking about how bad it looked on the Bronson overpast, and I was like, actually, it's much better now than it has been the last few years. They aren't making an effort. And I've witnessed social workers going up to this one gentleman in particular, who's right outside the Gelson's on Franklin and he's been posted up there for two years and you know, to his credit, he doesn't seem to cause problems, but they've offered him shelter and he's refused it every time because he doesn't want to live with a curfew. R Yeah, and that and that's I think that's the big problem is you know, these people are people, and you can't force someone as if you no one has had any loved ones who needed rehab. You can't force someone to go to rehab, you know, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, And also sometimes it's you know, my mom was a psychiatric nurse for years, and so she used to rant constantly about when Reagan closed all the basically all the social services in the eighties, and she basically said, this is what's going to happen, because there are people in this world that need other people's help on a daily basis, hour to hour, and so if you close and end all services, all public services, this it's not not like nothing's going to happen, Like people have nowhere to go, right and they can't do just easy stuff by themselves. And it feels to me like a lot of times people talk about that in this kind of like well, they're drug addicts and they're choosing to do it, where it's like, oh, I bet you the majority have mental illness issues, and it's the whole thing is like they just need extra help and they're just it's like our government said no for sure, and.
Speaker 5: Even if they're a dregon, they still need help, but not the right mind. They want to keep doing it, of course.
Speaker 4: But it's so you're saying Reagan shouldn't be my favorite president in history. No, I told you that, Like seven, what am I going with all these commemorative posters and campaign pins.
Speaker 2: I'm going to take off my Reagan Bush eighty four shirts.
Speaker 4: Better Reagan Bush eighty four that I would wear that shirt just because it's like, hey, come on, it's a joke shirt eighty four.
Speaker 2: I love it, right, yeah, eighty four. Everything was ironic. I'm an ironic Republican. Who is yeah, a republic He's the contrarian. Yeah, I'm a libratrarian.
Speaker 1: You know that.
Speaker 5: I used to have a Jesse the Body Venturi shirt that I would wear and Fourth of July ironically, again like in the odds before everyone went crazy. Yeah, but yeah, I had to stop that that fun tradition.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait for his campaign or yeah.
Speaker 5: He was like running for something and it was his giant head with like an eagle and a flag.
Speaker 1: Didn't he become the governor of Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: Or the or something Minnesota? Yeah?
Speaker 5: And I think for like two seconds, everyone's like, wow, he's not as bad as me. Oh no, he sucks? Is that right?
Speaker 1: But then here comes James Adomian with the impression and everything.
Speaker 5: That's what makes it all worth it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, James the Doomian's impression just it's just as good as Jesse Ventura.
Speaker 2: I think, just like it. It really is so deeply entertaining.
Speaker 1: My dad was here visiting, and I sat him down and made him watch every because he goes, have you seen this guy doing the pillow guy on Jimmy Kimmel. I go, yes, it's James a Doomian. He's really talented, and I'm like, look at his Bernie Sanders, look at his and then and look at his Andy Killer. And I just kept making him watch James Adomian videos.
Speaker 4: Or listen to the episode of our podcast where he does he not only is doing all those characters, he's somehow doing the folly work to make it sound like he's climbing out of the car and getting on the roof. He was like muffling his own voice and being Jesse Ventura trying to get into the car, pounding on the roof. And then when I listened to it, it's like, did he get out of the car, because it sounds like he did.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He Yeah, that was a he's a master.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you should have him on your driving car.
Speaker 2: Full commitment too.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yes, is he New york Er here?
Speaker 2: He's here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we gotta get him.
Speaker 2: You gotta get him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I gotta get a Domian. Hey, can you do that thing where you like muffle your voice or wherever. Listen to this podcast and do the thing that Chris talks about.
Speaker 2: Make it entertaining. John Daily.
Speaker 4: When you when I first met you, you were like when I saw you first do play saxophone at the ech, I think it was the downstairs echo, right, and I realized that you're legitimately a musician and entertainer was not.
Speaker 2: It's comedic, of course, but you're actually thank you.
Speaker 4: And I'm comparing it to when I was started making fun of white guy, white guy doing reggae, and then accidentally I really started to enjoy singing like a reggae guy and I'm like, oh, I'm actually feel like I'm getting good at this. And I actually started listening to Toots in the may Toolls and brought out my old Marley and I'm like, oh, I it backfired.
Speaker 2: I actually could have been like yahoo.
Speaker 4: I wondered if that happened for you with like oh, I don't know, careless whisper or something.
Speaker 6: Oh well, I well, yeah, I am a musician. I'm playing south By Southwest in two weeks.
Speaker 2: Which is very exciting. Congratulations, thank you, thank you and uh.
Speaker 6: I have always played sax since I was in fourth grade.
Speaker 4: And that's what I didn't expect is that's not something you just pick up and jokingly play. I'm like, oh my god, yeah, you're you're a saxophone musician.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And I did a video with Kenny G which I don't really like, but it was very fun to meet him and to spend the day with him. Yeah, and I played, I jammed with him. It was amazing, both of Oh wow, that was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Did you guys hear John Daly's Red Chili Peppers song?
Speaker 4: Oh yes, The people were convinced was an actual Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, and multiple multiple outlets reported on it as if it was real and like excoriating reviews of this, like what are the Peppers doing? Like another California song cheese and it's just about streets and directions and Yahoo Music wrote like a full like we're over the Peppers now, and then they screenshotted it, but they took it down.
Speaker 7: That's yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were embarrassed.
Speaker 4: Like there's another example liked when you were young? Were you like me where you really liked the Red Hot Chili Peppers and sticker on the back of your car.
Speaker 2: I couldn't. I couldn't have written that song without being a giant fan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I go way back, and they were my favorite, you know, one of my favorite. It was like, you know Peppers Rage, Yeah, yeah, of course Pepper's Nirvana, Sound Garden or.
Speaker 5: Woodstock ninety nine.
Speaker 2: I didn't go to Woodstock ninety nine.
Speaker 6: No, I wish I saw that documentary and uh.
Speaker 4: A lot of bad stuff happened, right, yeah, best you didn't.
Speaker 1: It's best you didn't go.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They set everything on fire and it was terrible not to mention all the mud.
Speaker 6: And Moby was like this mud Moby in that documentary. He's like, ough the muddle over my equipment.
Speaker 1: But Moby, it's vegan mud.
Speaker 2: People, It's just it's vegan mud. Is vegan Moby.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, no animals were harmed in this mud. I like, the is it that documentary or was it that concert where Billy Joe from Green Day gets hit right in the head.
Speaker 2: With a bottle? No funny? Oh, really not funny.
Speaker 1: It's really shitty.
Speaker 6: You tell it the Yeah, is that why you're laughing?
Speaker 1: I don't know why. I don't know why I'm laughing.
Speaker 2: Because this is Karen.
Speaker 4: When something tragic happens, Karen's reaction is to laugh, and it's because she cares.
Speaker 1: It's kind of my first reaction to every single thing, and that's how I slowly process what's happening, no matter what. But I kind of kill time by laughing. Yeah, but there it is like they're really jamming and then just suddenly there's like a Heineken bottle that just goes boom. It's really fucked up.
Speaker 6: Billie Joe got really hurt, and Karen's over here having the time of her laugh.
Speaker 4: Or there's the time Chris No cheal it from Nirvana through his guitar in the air and it hits him right on the heads Oh man.
Speaker 2: Right, video musical, Well, that's.
Speaker 4: Why his was funny. The guy from Green Day was kind of assaulted by someone.
Speaker 1: He was a victim.
Speaker 4: But if you are like, I don't care that, I'm I think they're on MTV or some and he kind of sarcastically through his guitar in the air and then it he just didn't catch it and it hit the top of his head and.
Speaker 2: He had to go to the hospital. Yeah, really hurt.
Speaker 5: Himself. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's why I'm smiling and talking about it.
Speaker 6: He ran for governor of Washington State or something. He was a politician, Chris, Is that true?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And you were like it was like, oh wow, he's kind of like a Bernie like freakazoid version of like and then like.
Speaker 2: Nowadays he's like horrible. He just turned bad.
Speaker 6: Oh, like in a libertarian way, like kind of like oh god you have You're just a man with no country type of guy.
Speaker 5: Now wow.
Speaker 1: I just feel like it's that kind of I think rock stars it's a young man's game, and then if they continue and grow, their lives are so unrealistic and so spoiled that then they kind of have these you know what I mean. It just keeps happening. It's like Eric Clapton is just kind of like no immigrants, and you're just like, are you fun? You've been carried your entire life? How dare you?
Speaker 2: Morrissey talking about Yeah, yeah, Boris is the big one.
Speaker 1: Morrissey.
Speaker 6: Johnny Rotten is fully just conservative, like yeah, he's like I don't care, like he just like thinks it's more punk rock to hate make fun of liberals.
Speaker 4: I guess yeah, it's the new punk rock. Oh yeah, I don't like the new punk rock.
Speaker 3: He's always just been like fuck you, follocks to you, foles, to you all.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: Do you think the Queen is on her way out? Do you think she's about to die?
Speaker 2: Wait? Was this a thing that fake story was put out about that?
Speaker 1: Yes, Like it went around on Twitter one day that she died and then everyone had to go, no, that's not true.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But but recently she's been going like, you know, Camilla will be the Queen Regiment or whatever.
Speaker 6: She's got, like the whole kind of her will coming out like right, yeah.
Speaker 1: And she also did that thing. There was a clip that because she well, first of all, she had COVID and then there was a clip of her cutting a cake and she insisted upon using the sword that she used to night somebody to cut the cake and they were kind of like ha ha, no, don't do that, and she was like, I'm doing it. She had a big smile on her face. Did you see that. I was like, she might be going a little organic in the brain. She's really old.
Speaker 5: I mean she's been since I was born.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was old when I was born. It's amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's I actually thought there was like it's been three different people because she's been since my child.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, passing down the same pillbox. Hat.
Speaker 6: I wonder if like Prince Harry's gonna go to her funeral and is he invited or is he disinvited from everything because he abdicated.
Speaker 1: I feel like if she dies, that's everything gets cleared. Don't you think on all the old all these Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't imagine, but who is in line?
Speaker 6: Camilla mm hmm Camilla and yeah, Charles and Charles. It's amazing how much art and television and movies with Spencer and the Crown is being It's like almost like the people's revenge on these people that are so kind of like just like there must be it must be so amazing to just be like, God, there were so many versions of us, like you.
Speaker 2: Know, you know, like at least you know how they have to look.
Speaker 1: At that, like they have to watch it, they must watch it in their little.
Speaker 2: Yeah is that me?
Speaker 1: I mean I'm talking about it and I genuinely do not care, but it seems to be like a fun thing to talk about.
Speaker 6: Right, I mean, if you don't care, if the queen is dead. This is very wow.
Speaker 1: My my thing, well, thinking of Johnny Rotten. What I was thinking is, unlike any time before, it seems like in the last year she started smiling a ton in pictures, and I feel like that's a sign that she should not be making public appearances anymore. Like here, she was always very like Yeper and you know, royal, but now she's always got like a little devious grin on her face, and it's like, Na, she's.
Speaker 2: A little horny.
Speaker 6: No, I'm telling everyone, Okay, you're not gonna be on the mic anymore.
Speaker 1: You can't be. It can't be at the grocery store opening.
Speaker 6: I mean, give me the keys, give me the keys to the car you've never driven.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Has anything happened in your New Car podcast that aside from the guy at the bus stop, anything, any big events, any almost accidents, anything that you've seen.
Speaker 5: That makes them very very crazy, just left turns.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's got to get scary and courageous justifications.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that had a bullet hole, didn't we, John We did.
Speaker 6: And we saw a hot dog cart that said Jesus hot Dog. It was called Jesus hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 7: That was no apostrophe, Yeahphy, and then Steve ag knew like all these pulp fiction locations, and so we drove past this Riverside Boulevard pulp fiction.
Speaker 6: It was where Bruce Willis uh kind of goes after he gets Z's motorcycle. Yeah, yeah, ride, he rides away, and he's at this place kind of near the Allegion, the new Allegian Theater on Riverside.
Speaker 4: Oh I bet I could find that. I just did that theater.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fun to It's movies that I saw before I ever moved here. It's kind of fun to watch them and be like, wait, that's outside my house. Yeah, Denzel Washington was filmed a movie outside my house.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. All of Fast and the Furious is just like, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Training Day is my neighborhood. It's pretty fun to watch that love pretty fun to talk about.
Speaker 5: So yeah, we're really good to hanging the whole thing on not not making right turns.
Speaker 1: I mean, here's the thing. It's you guys clearly didn't think through the fact that making a left in Los Angeles is the biggest pain in the ass there kind of is it is?
Speaker 6: Well, that's right, that's why we're not being like easy on ourselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, okay, And.
Speaker 6: It adds a special kind of like having to pull out a little bit into the intersection, with which John very readily does. He's not one of these people that just stays at the white lines, which messes me off so much.
Speaker 2: That would have to go oka.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like when I had the two thousand and nine Chevy Trailblazer and I was a little more okay, but now I got the brand new Toyota Sanamnivan.
Speaker 1: Come on, yeah, wait a second, are you guys sponsored? Is that what you keep saying? Toyota cianemon evan.
Speaker 6: God, we need that Toyota money. That's that That would be huge. Yeah, today we're in ah, then we're then we're fully cars, and then we're stealing equally from you.
Speaker 5: Won't get a lemon a Toyota of orange. Karen.
Speaker 4: We tried for a while. Karen and I both had hondas. Whendn't we started with eyes and then oh, sorry, that is part of the song. I probably peaked, but yeah did was there a moment when you guys had to decide who was going to drive? We gradually realized that Karen was way better at driving and also being able to talk.
Speaker 2: I cannot. It was always John, it was always tall John. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for me, it's always like, I think John Daly is going to be driving this podcast metaphorically, so I'll drive it literally.
Speaker 2: Which is not true. We're we're both I feel like we're both driving. You. You always surprise me with like wow, I try.
Speaker 4: Yeah, keep it fresh. How when did you guys become pals? Did you work together on a show or something.
Speaker 6: Like we met it just maybe it's through Scott Ackerman or yeah, definitely end parties and stuff, and.
Speaker 5: I always know of him, but honestly, it wasn't until the Red Utchley Peppers thing. I'm like, holy shit, this guy is hilarious. I've been taking him and granted this whole time. He's been right in front of my face. In ten years, I'm going to do a podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah wow, you predicted it.
Speaker 6: That's ten years from now. We'll be at a party and we'll come up with a podcast.
Speaker 4: Oh I regular size John. I also really like your shot for shot what.
Speaker 2: They start shot for shot remake of the Rolling Stones start Me Up video? But yeah, but what did you do?
Speaker 6: It's cheer me up because put it out at the beginning of Pandemic and it's just cheer me up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, I love that. That's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah if yeah, you should it is. It does cheer me up to watch it. Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: And that Rolling Stones video is great too, Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the original is good. Yeah, the remake is better. But I was going to say my favorite John daily Roll Well, there's many, but in Zoolander two. And I know I told you this, Yeah, because I went to Zoolander two. I think it was some kind of preview or whatever, because there's lots of people that we knew that were in it, and I watched John Daley and I'm like, he's he is the best actor in this movie.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, thank.
Speaker 1: You, because you were having to do a very specific thing and you did it really consistently, and every time you were on the screen. I liked watching what it was like engaging and good and not to say, there's a lot going on, you luck going on in that movie, and it was fun to see our friends and lots of people, you know whatever. But I just kept going like, man, John Daley really pulled it off in that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh that's so nice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're saying I'm better at acting than Penelope Cruise. That's yeah, really great, that's cool.
Speaker 1: You were upstaging her, you were chewing up the scene behind her. She couldn't compete.
Speaker 4: You didn't hear this too, because you two have always been compared in the past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Penelope for the same part.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was one gear at like three years ago, I had a couple acting gigs, one on TIGS Show and one on that corporate show. And you were it was like within weeks of each other, and I feel like we Yeah, you and I were on TIGS Show too, Yeah, and then right after that on Corporate Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you you just it seems like because I just get nervous when I'm doing that kind of thing, I know how to hide it. But you just look like you're having fun. And I think that's what translates. Well, just seems like you're having fun sometimes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well hey thanks, but yeah, yeah, those were both fun like jobs that my friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, was like, hey come over and do this. Yeahah. I was definitely like.
Speaker 6: Pretty loose, Yeah, super loose, Zoolander, not so loose.
Speaker 1: You could, Penelope, you to be center.
Speaker 2: You got to bring your a game for penelop for Penelope.
Speaker 1: Were you spies or like.
Speaker 2: We were the fashions the fashion police of course?
Speaker 1: By yeah, my my apologies.
Speaker 5: Chris. Did you ever live with Pig?
Speaker 4: Yeah for a long time, long enough to almost get recognized by the state for tax purposes. Seven years, that's what us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And what about David Huntsburger. Did he live in that house too?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: They are second house together. David moved in. I just I just hung out with him the other day. Yeah, I've had really good friends that I used to live with.
Speaker 5: Well, I always I never like, if I see you on the street, I know that you're Chris Faerbanks and sing with him he's David Huntsburger. Yes, but I can never keep straight which one of you I went on that blimp ride with and it was.
Speaker 2: It was Yeah, I've never been on a blimp.
Speaker 4: I fear them because you know, they catch on fire and stuff or they have the history of it.
Speaker 2: You were in a blimp? What this blimp thing?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 5: Well, the blimp thing is Doug Benson, who I owe my career to just randomly tweeted something about the good Year blimp ones and they tweeted back to them and said, hey, you want to take a ride, bring seven friends or whatever, and I was one of them and it was fantastic. It's it's amazing how when the blimp takes off. I would imagine it would be a little more gradual. You're going up, like at a ninety degree angle, and it's it's so weird, it's so fun. Yeah, it was a good time.
Speaker 1: What did you fly over?
Speaker 5: We flew over like the Queen Mary because the good Year Airport, for lack of a better word, is down that way.
Speaker 2: Oh it was the good Year blimp.
Speaker 5: Oh he was the good Year Blimp.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 4: That's like going to the Playboy Mansion in the sky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, more perverted. Yeah, because because it's like a big old dong.
Speaker 5: You guys got just tweet about the Goodyear blamp and get a free ride.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, okay I should. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It is how I've gotten my Delta flights changed.
Speaker 6: Twitter is powerful Twitter, I have I have done. It used to be maybe it's not anymore. It feels very like scaled down or something. They won't let everyone see your stuff, but definitely I've I've gotten hotels yep, the discounts upgrades.
Speaker 4: Not even on purpose life schedule.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's from the product.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of like complaining about something, and then it's embarrassing because they're like, oh, we'll fix that for you, thank you very much. I'm going to delete this tweet now where he's complaining about it.
Speaker 1: Also, then you're kind of publicly known as like, yeah, well I'm standing here and this my bag isn't here. Yeah, you know sometimes that's like sometimes no one notices. But then like I think in this day and age, I would say since twenty sixteen, you see a lot less like airport complaining on Twitter. It's just like no one gives a ship.
Speaker 4: I don't even see complaining in airports lately. It's just everyone. Uh, airports have been quite pleasant.
Speaker 6: Everyone's understaff though, or like cut back all their like support staff, including hotels. When I was just driving across the country speaking of driving, but uh in hotels now they don't have uh your room isn't automatically cleaned or at least these hotels I was on the road.
Speaker 4: Hotels, I always get to hang that sign up and then they barge in right when I'm bending over in front of my mom.
Speaker 2: I don't mind it.
Speaker 6: But I think the thing is when if you is to request it and tip that person because they're getting less tips or something.
Speaker 4: Ohques maybe yeah, you have to absolutely don't want to your times.
Speaker 2: I don't. Yeah, you're right, I have don't find my weed man, yeah, man, my.
Speaker 4: Stash that I bring with me on airplanes. I have noticed said all hotels now have that little envelope like, hey, you have a little for the cleaning stuff. And even if they don't clean my room, it seems but I'm like here, oh yeah, they'll eventually be in here.
Speaker 6: Because I don't need I wait until they come.
Speaker 2: I wait until they come to the room and give it to their face.
Speaker 4: You know what they need to start doing.
Speaker 1: You folded up, put some gravy on it.
Speaker 4: Here's a little gravy for you. It's yeah, it's uh. They need to just stop giving you four dozen towels. If they give you one toe, you're gonna have to you know, I've just figured out the hotel problem. If you're out there listening Hilton family, one towel and on the towels. Yeah, and then people got to have the room changed over.
Speaker 6: I'm dog friend, you gotta be dog friendly. So it's it is Hilton Garden and then Hampton in. Yeah, yeah, you gotta be dog. My dog also don't like dogs. My dog smunks.
Speaker 1: People love dogs.
Speaker 2: H look at that one. Oh my gosh, thank you. Great couch, great dog.
Speaker 4: You got it the couch.
Speaker 1: The dog came with the couch.
Speaker 2: Cozy as hell.
Speaker 1: She was shoved in between the questions. All right, well, guys, do you have anything else you want to plug or discuss? Because this hour has gone by so insanely fast, it's kind of funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tall John, you're still working on big Burgers bobs Berg Big Bob.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm working that.
Speaker 2: Everyone loves.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'll never leave there. They'll have to fire me.
Speaker 1: Why why would you?
Speaker 2: John Da?
Speaker 4: What are you working on lately?
Speaker 6: I U I'm putting on an album in the U in the summer in June, and of music, and I'm gonna go on tour and do a big show in l A and then I am doing.
Speaker 2: South By Southwest two weeks from now. Come to that. If you're in Austin.
Speaker 6: I've got a new podcast called I got two podcasts ones called two John's Don't Make It Right, which we've talked about the other one is called Deliberately Wasting Your Time and it's a podcast reviews, so uh yeah check, oh that's great just review other people's that idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is it just you by yourself.
Speaker 2: It's fun. Please be on it, both of you. By the Yeah, yeah, you have guests on that.
Speaker 6: Me by myself and a guest and uh we listen to obscure and strange podcasts and then that's sometimes just Joe Rogan or whatever and through it. Sure, and it's a little bit like mystery science theater kind of thing. That's sound fun.
Speaker 2: That's a funny idea. I just like that's really fine. Mirror.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and to Johns. And now we're releasing two John's on that stream. So if you go to that stream of deliberately Wasting your time, you'll see two John's. We're going to eventually, we got to get our own thing, but just for kind of.
Speaker 2: The you know the purpose of just putting stuff out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, deliberately wasting our time having us. I'm going to help you wrap this up.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thanks for having us.
Speaker 4: Thank you you're host and so and so happy to see you both.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's almost like we do here.
Speaker 5: Andy my allergies have been going crazy, so I've been dabbing my eye, but I'm not crying.
Speaker 4: Oh good, I hate being that funny you've been listening.
Speaker 2: To Do You Need a Ride? D yn.
Speaker 6: Ar?
Speaker 4: This has been an exactly right production.
Speaker 1: Produced by Casey O'Brien, mixed by Ryo Boun.
Speaker 2: Theme song by Karen Kilgara.
Speaker 1: Art work by Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 4: Follow the show on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook at dinar podcast That's d yn Ar Podcast.
Speaker 1: For more information, go to exactly rightmedia dot com.
Speaker 4: Listen, subscribe, leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thank you and you're welcome