Speaker 1: On this episode of this League, the Suns are on the ropes for the very first time.
Speaker 2: I would say I am quite concerned about sons and four, very concerned about Sons and four. We're here to dissect it, make light of some of the blunders that have happened. And we also have our very first movie review here on this league, Space Jam two, a new Legacy, and we cover some news around the league. All right, Marty, here it comes the Suns, come back, drop the beat.
Speaker 3: Take care and I said, you'll be waiting for splanned of a ghost the grandn go.
Speaker 4: Let me go caep going know.
Speaker 1: What a gross gross game Game five was.
Speaker 2: It was so gross I thought it was Game six like it was that gross where I thought this had to have been taking place.
Speaker 1: In Milwaukee, had to have been taking place, because.
Speaker 2: There's just no way the Suns haven't lost three games in a row since.
Speaker 1: Like in six months.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's been since been quite a.
Speaker 1: While January that they've lost three games straight, which shocking, shocking, shocking.
Speaker 2: This is Janice's thirteenth consecutive playoff game, shooting fifty percent from the field. Jannis was a fucking god, what are your overall thoughts of the game.
Speaker 6: Uh, I mean as a fan, I think people acting like, oh, it's over now, the Bucks are so much better, I think that's silly. They had a historic shooting performance, especially in the third quarter. I mean Middleton was hitting everything, Drew was hitting everything, especially early. Jannis was hitting shots he doesn't normally content.
Speaker 1: He had a crossover step back. Yeah did you see that? You know what's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: Like basically from the elbow, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like seventeen eighteen foot hit him with the heavy cross step back wet and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, it's a fucking wrap.
Speaker 5: Yeah. No, Well, and but the Sons had the ball down one with twenty seconds.
Speaker 6: I didn't get up a shot, which was just the most disappointing thing of all time. But to act like this is just such a mismatched series now, I think is silly.
Speaker 2: Personally, I personally thought, Listen, I was in Sons and four camp, firmly in the Sons and four camp. But truthfully, I never quite bought into a sweep like in my Heart of Hearts, I didn't ever quite buy into like it's just gonna be a fucking buzzsaw like the Denver series. I thought it would be closer to the Clippers series personally, but for the world to be like I was on phone calls after game two and it was like, yeah, I mean, it's not even gonna the Bucks aren't.
Speaker 1: Even gonna get a game off. Bud's gonna get fired.
Speaker 2: I was like, listen, listen, listen, Like, the Bucks have been down two oh, like multiple times, so this is something that they have taken punches and punched back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, and they went and be won those two games against Atlanta without Yanni's Like I was, yeah, No, I mean I was feeling good after game two, especially because that meant someone's gonna have to beat the Sun's team four out of five times, which at that point didn't seem like it was a very likely thing, but a sweep, Like, no, No, that's never something I realistically thought was coming here.
Speaker 2: No, the trio of Drew Holiday, Chris Middleton, and Janni Santa to compo eighty eight points. Yeah, I mean that is not happening again.
Speaker 5: No, I mean, it's true. Is shit shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Unless it's forty forty eight, Unless it goes yeah forty Chris forty Andrew eight.
Speaker 1: That's the only way eighty eight goes down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, for sure. I mean they had a historic shooting night.
Speaker 6: They played so awesome, and it was just such a weird game because the Suns were up sixteen at the end of the first quarter and didn't even get to enjoy it because Booker goes out and then I wonder how much game time really went by. I'd be shocked if it was more than five minutes that they had already got it to like at least four, like it was erased.
Speaker 2: I mean, Booker is gonna have to play all of Game six pretty much, I think.
Speaker 5: I think so.
Speaker 2: When he is off the floor, it is a huge problem, mostly because there's something wrong with Chris.
Speaker 1: There's something wrong with them. I'm firmly convinced.
Speaker 2: I've talked to some people around the league that cover the league and have written about the Sun Series, and I know that they're well sourced, etc.
Speaker 5: Etc.
Speaker 1: Right, and they're like, yeah, there's something wrong. He's just not going to ad yeah, because he's not that guy, right.
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean you could see he's got that left wrist like taped up, and there's certain plays where he it looks like it would have helped him to you know, switch hands and you know, go dribble to the left, and he just didn't. He just he like favors the right, and uh, yeah, no it looks a little bad, but I agree with you. Booker needs to play probably the entire game. I mean this the Son's lost by four and Booker was plus twelve. Yeah, like that's that. Giannis was minus seven. I thought that was really strange.
Speaker 2: Was an interesting that was the bootenholes or adjustment game that we sort of have not seen.
Speaker 1: He went jumbo the jumbo lineup, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Where like Yannis is playing small forward Jannis at the three, and like Brook and who else was in there and pored us at four. Yeah, it was just wild to watch. Middleton was playing point guard at one point.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wild. It was wild. Uh and I think it worked.
Speaker 2: I mean the fact of the matter is they the Sons couldn't get a rebound and it was obscene. But I think the real story, the real narrative is like there's a lot of people coming after me right now, like the entire company basically retweeting the video from Game two of me basically being like the Bucks are frauds, The Bucks are like they're the most overrated team in Finals history, and like they basically are taking my words like their complete truth and that there was no exaggeration and playfulness in them at all. Right, But okay, so what we've known all year is this, the Bucks are a bad half court team.
Speaker 1: They can't get a bucket in the half court.
Speaker 2: And that is still ringing true to this day, which is why Drew Holliday through that fucking lob, to be honest, he did not want to pull it out and then try to recollect, regather themselves and try to run a play Okay, but we know.
Speaker 1: All year long.
Speaker 2: I think I even said at one point are the Bucks the favorites to go to the Finals? And then I think they shit the bed right after that. Like in close games, these Bucks have been lawn.
Speaker 1: Chairs just fold up, fold right up, like lawn chairs made of cardboard, and the suns when things get tight are fucking hard rock City. So there has been, even inside.
Speaker 2: Of the playoffs, a transformation of this Bucks team. And it's like almost feels like to me because I've had a little bit of time now that the Finals are here and there's only one game every couple days, I watch Captain.
Speaker 1: America for the first time.
Speaker 2: And that's what basically happened to Yannis post hyper extension of the knee, Like they gave Yannis some god mode injection and the old team is now adapting. They are now resilient, like in game resilient coming back out of a sixteen point deficit.
Speaker 1: Who could have seen that coming from the Milwaukee Bucks. Not I throughout the course of the season, Am I not right?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: I tend to agree they they figured it out. They're playing well at the right time.
Speaker 5: I mean Drew.
Speaker 6: Holliday having that game when he really needed it and then making just a shit ton of big defensive plays. I mean, the biggest one being stripping Booker at the very end, not even allowing him, you know, to get off a shot. And yeah, no, the rebounding has been an issue too. There's there's so many things that in the last I mean three games of Game three wasn't closed. Then in the last three games they've done really fucking well in the Sun's habit despite the games being close. Three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Drew Holliday, people were coming after the Milwaukee Bucks for that trade. I think we said in the moment, like very early on.
Speaker 2: This is going to be very impactful. Drew Holiday impactful, PJ. Tucker impactful. But Drew Holliday won, like basically give him the game ball for Game four and for game five. He won Game four and five in like that was the moment, both of those strips in the moment.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, a game five for sure. I think four you probably have still give to Middleton. But but yeah, no, definitely the high level defensive plays that he's made, I mean, and that's why they brought him in. They brought him in to improve the team defense, improve the half court offense, ensure that Yannis stays long term, and I mean, he's kind of doing that.
Speaker 2: This right here with the Milwaukee Bucks did because there were points in time where it was in doubt as to whether Giannis would sign the super Max.
Speaker 1: And I've been.
Speaker 2: Trolling Bucks fans Bucks Twitter for all year basically saying like, listen, never gonna win a ring as currently constructed, it appears that's closer to being very wrong than I would have anticipated.
Speaker 1: Two, Jannis will leave if he.
Speaker 2: Doesn't get a ring, He's going to leave. And even though he signed the Supermax. So but there were times where the super Max was in doubt. Yiannis was waiting to see what the Bucks would do and like, are you gonna give me some help or a right? This is the blueprint for a small market team. This is what Portland should look at and say, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, this is what it looks like when you have a star star is somewhat disgruntled and then you give the bag to make that one thing elevate your team.
Speaker 1: And that was you Holliday.
Speaker 2: And a lot of people thought that was not a great trade, give up four first round picks and pay him a shitload of money, And no, that was You're not winning maybe not even winning the.
Speaker 1: NET Series without Drew Holliday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's been inside.
Speaker 2: I have some some stats for about Yannis that I want to share.
Speaker 1: In these finals. Jannis has had one hundred.
Speaker 2: And fifty points, fifty rebounds, and twenty five assists through the first five games.
Speaker 1: Only Kareem and Braun have done that. I know you roll your eyes. Those are the stats.
Speaker 6: No, I wouldn't rolling my eyes like, oh badly, I mean that's just yeah, those are two guys that you want to be in company with.
Speaker 1: He has looked I don't know what to say. He doesn't have a bag. I just want to say, still, you can be incredible, you can be an amazing athlete, you can do things that other people can't do on a basketball for and still not have a bag of.
Speaker 2: Tricks, because that's basically what the bag is, a bag of tricks at you're disposed. But holy fuck for a guy with no bag, he is like if Frankenstein. Here we go more movie references and book references, as if Frankenstein decided to or like some robot that they were going to create in the version of Shaquille O'Neal, but for the twenty twenty one version of Shaquille O'Neal that is now Yannis, Like that is who he is in ways where you're just like, I mean, he's just give him the ball, let him go downhill, Like you can't even wrap him up.
Speaker 1: He's gonna still yam on you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, for sure, I've made that exact same point in conversation before, Like this is he is the modern day Shack, like if Shaq, I mean not Shack exactly, but if it if the if a guy in the mold of Shaq was playing today like Yannis is like how how you would want to mold that, uh.
Speaker 5: With space, I mean you want the body to look and all that.
Speaker 6: But I mean to say he's got no bag, I mean, I mean I get that a little, but I mean when he's making shots the way he is, you know, who really fucking cares? You know?
Speaker 2: No, I mean that's what that's I think where we're at is like it doesn't matter that he doesn't have a back because he is shack.
Speaker 1: Shit didn't fucking like you know, you know, he can do things. Joannis can do things.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have a bag, but it does not appear to matter at all. And Chris Middleton is a fucking like I we have not talked about him enough because he's such a roller coaster ride. He basically encapsulates the Milwaukee Bucks, uh Like, throughout the year they go as Chris Middleton seems to go. But two games in a row with the prime MJ. Chris Middleton, he was hitting shots.
Speaker 1: He was hitting shots, he.
Speaker 2: Had no no business making draped guys just draped on him fall away threes.
Speaker 1: It was just Drew's hitting fall away.
Speaker 2: Everyone's hitting fall aways with guys draped over him.
Speaker 1: It's a rough night for you, and it's happening in Phoenix. Also, let's go into the arena situation.
Speaker 2: PFT our colleague tweeted this, and I think it's so funny, so great, such a interesting point about the fans there is that what you see in footprint, this is what's called now footprint, the Footprint Center. I'm happy the foot I'm happy that the foot is now has a name. You know, they haven't had a name for a while. You put in your lift like Phoenix Sun's arena. So I'm happy that the foot was lit. But he said, people at the foot are all the people that you.
Speaker 1: Run into at the strip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had a guy like literally counting money, and I think the counting actually.
Speaker 1: Is helping you, honest.
Speaker 2: I think that that is providing him rhythm to actually make shots in free throw. I think Cannice Parker talked about how she sings a song to herself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he can just be like.
Speaker 2: One two and just literally kind of get into the rhythm of it and then shoot at ten.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I get I get it for sure. Yeah he missed. He's still missed some pretty big ones.
Speaker 1: Us down the stretch, for sure.
Speaker 2: We've got a Lebron James siding, Yeah, we've got the ultimate upstage.
Speaker 1: My best friend moment from Lebron James.
Speaker 7: Lebron James, even in supporting his best friend, one of his best friends in the NBA, he shows up Not in.
Speaker 1: The second round, uh, not in the Western Conference finals. No, No, Lebron.
Speaker 2: Is going to show up as Space Jam two is in its opening weekend. Yep, He's going to show up in Phoenix with a bottle of his own fucking tequila to promote Wow.
Speaker 8: Rich Paul, his agent, comes to publicly put out that they're in a relay. He's in a real relationship with a Dell. Is it could there have been.
Speaker 1: More attention you could draw upon yourself where the graphics team even says star of Space Sham to a new legacy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I mean it, it was exactly that.
Speaker 4: I mean it was.
Speaker 6: It was it was a very self motivated appearance by Lebron that I was thinking about so many other stuff during that game. So this is the first time I've actually had to sit and actually think about that. And uh yeah, pretty uh, I don't want to say scummy, but pretty calculated by Lebron. And also I don't think uh, I don't think Rich Paul deserves Adele just gonna say it.
Speaker 1: I mean, wow, what a duo, What an unexpected duo. She is a recluse. She has to go outside.
Speaker 2: She showed up to promote Space Sjam to a new legacy and a fucking tequila brand.
Speaker 1: He had the tequila bottle and they were like, oh, they let Lebron James bring tequila kila bottle into the arena, which, by the way, you're not allowed to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but no shit, they let Lebron bring to He literally.
Speaker 2: Tweeted, He literally tweeted, oh they let me go roll with that.
Speaker 1: Lebron James knows.
Speaker 2: He's just one of the most calculated humans I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: It's so obvious too. He wants it to not be obvious, but it's like he runs the league. He runs the league. He tells the graphics department what to say, he puts it out, he gets the seats.
Speaker 2: He has a Dell fucking come in as a prop. She has her first fucking basketball game. She's maybe ever seen in her life. She's going nuts. Paparazzi's insane. They just keep showing.
Speaker 1: Him on the TV. It's like, Yo, this movie's this movie's garbage.
Speaker 6: I really can't wait for the Rich Paul breakup song. I'm excited for those.
Speaker 2: Good Bye Rich Paul, you're a scumbag again.
Speaker 1: Good news though for such decision was chicken shit, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: I saw a tweet it was like, uh, I really am hoping that Adele can tell Rich Paul to get Anthony Davis in the pick and roll in more.
Speaker 1: In the deep something like that. It was very funny. I think the Suns, though, just back to the actual game itself, I think the Suns can win in seven. I think it's possible.
Speaker 2: I think playing in Milwaukee is proving to be extremely difficult.
Speaker 1: But you had Game four in your hands.
Speaker 2: And Nick Nurse made a great point on I think Brian Winhorse's podcast. He was like, it's really hard to win a ring at home if it's not a Game seven, because they're already like they bring in there, they bring in the banners, they bring they start talking about ring fittings, like you're.
Speaker 1: In the arena that that's all gonna take place.
Speaker 2: The organization is all there, and there's like almost a level of what's next when you haven't even gotten to that moment yet, and he was like, yeah, we couldn't win it in Toronto for that reason in Game five.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So DeAndre Ayton says this, I like it. The tables are turned now now we're the desperate team. We've had our chances of being up and trying to finish the job. Now we're in the same position that they were in. They're up and now we gotta go and get it. That's why it's a little bit more fun for me. I love DeAndre Ayton. Love love DeAndre Ayton.
Speaker 1: Bad news for Suns fans.
Speaker 2: Past teams that have won an NBA title thirty eight to forty seven times after holding a three to two lead. Past teams have won an NBA title twenty one out of twenty nine teams twenty nine times after winning Game five following a two two series tie.
Speaker 1: But and also there's a stat about Chris Paul.
Speaker 2: I think he would be the first first player in NBA history to lose four two to zero series in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, that would be a bad step for Chris Paul. Oh. Speaking of which, what did you think there was a there was a presser. I don't have the st so I'm gonna do my very best impression. It was via zoom.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Palmer, probably your brother texted me like the fuck is this guy? Okay, so this is how it goes down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Devin Booker is sitting next to Chris Paul. You know exactly what I'm gonna say, Devin Booker, sitting next to Chris Paul. I feel like this might happen to me, Like I could see in my head.
Speaker 2: Like like when when media goes wrong, you know, like what your thought was and what it ends up sounding like and what it ends up blowing into. Okay, sitting next to Chris Paul, Devin Booker, They're sitting next to one another.
Speaker 1: This background is really like Chris Paul would be the first player ever to lose four two. Oh. He's been fighting for this, pushing for this.
Speaker 2: Journeyman around the league. He's your mentor, he's writing a book. Everyone knows this is Chris Paul's ring, right, That's that's what's going on in the media members head, let's just say that for sure, for sure, and they're like tight. So the media member comes on zoom like Palmer, Palmer go zoom, and he's like yeah, we've got so and so from Arizona Republic.
Speaker 1: And he's like, and you can hear music playing in the background too, like Little.
Speaker 2: Rat Mee's and he's like, yeah, Devin, tough loss, real tough loss.
Speaker 1: Uh. How tough is this? Uh? For Chris?
Speaker 5: Yeah? He was how disappointed are you for Chris?
Speaker 1: How disappointed are you for Chris? Right now? And you can see.
Speaker 5: Chris or frustrated one of the two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how yeah?
Speaker 2: How disappointed or how frustrated are you for Chris right now? And you can see this is where it was so funny because I replayed it.
Speaker 1: Without audio multiple times. You can see Devin Booker, he looks, he looks out in the periphery of his eye to see what Chris is doing. And you can see Chris is like, looks at the like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: And Devin sees Chris's head till probably can see his eyes.
Speaker 1: Squint a little. You can just feel the energy tighten, and Devin's like, next question, please holds it together like Russell Westbrook eat your heart out, like that's how a pro does it. But what the fuck? Marty?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So that was Greg Moore. I believe he's are in his own republic. He's something some some sort of writer in Phoenix. I don't follow him. I think he's trash. He is kind of known for asking stupid questions like this, and that was just an all time stupid question andreat And if anyone wants to go, like watch a Chris Paul does give like the biggest what the fuck face, like since Russ in that locker room interview. And yeah, like he asked Booker a few years ago, like when the Suns like eliminated the Lakers from playoff contention, and he was like, he was like, are you even with Lebron now?
Speaker 5: And he was like what, He's like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like he he he threw it off the backboard and dunked on you like a year and a half ago. Are y'all even now? And he was just like, what are you even talking about? He's fucking more on, Greg Moore, just stop it.
Speaker 1: So break down for me why that was the all time bad question to ask in that.
Speaker 6: Moment, because no, why is Devin Booker thinking about anything other than just the team and we're down three too now? It had nothing, there's no way anything in his mind was, Oh, how's Chris Paul feeling right now, like that's just so not what he was thinking. I mean, obviously not what anyone was thinking, like Chris Paul. I'm sure, shit, hope he's not thinking like, oh, this sucks for my legacy right now, like we're trying to win a fucking finals.
Speaker 1: I think that the thing that's really interesting about that is it really highlights the difference between where players heads are at and where media's heads are at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, media is focused on narratives and storylines, and all they want to hear this is what they want to hear.
Speaker 1: From Devin Booker right now.
Speaker 2: You know, we're really doing this for Chris, right We're doing this. We're all here gathering as a young team because we know that this is like the end of the road for Chris and if we don't do it now, he might never get one.
Speaker 1: And so we're super disappointed for Chris.
Speaker 2: And it's like, but when you think about it, it's like, why would anyone come out of the present moment and come up to a bird's eye view and think about three years from now, five years from now, when Chris Paul has retired and where his legacy stands.
Speaker 1: Den Brooker's like, I fucking care about my own legacy right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, he's the first player, and I think it was first player in playoff history to score forty in consecutive games, both losses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a Bradley Beal moment. I think that's enough suns talk. I think it's suns in seven, but it souns in four because it's a lifestyle. I will have an apology for Bucks fans if this goes bad.
Speaker 1: I will I have thoughts.
Speaker 2: Marty thinks there might might be more smoke that comes out of it, but I have some funny things planned potentially.
Speaker 1: But let's move on. Space Jam.
Speaker 2: Space Jam two a new legacy, Marty. Let me just give a little bit of contacts and stats. This is for everyone who probably knows the first one was a Michael Jordan film.
Speaker 1: Michael Jordan turned down the sequel.
Speaker 2: Because he thought the first one was good enough. And he's not the kind of guy that's like gonna chase the money for some bullshit film. So I love that about mj and just another separating factor between him and Braun. Everybody thinks I hate Braun, but I don't. I don't, But that's a separating factor.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: The movie took seven years to make. It got greenlit in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like Lebron was still in the Calves.
Speaker 2: Lebron was on the Calves when it got green and we know that Lebron can act. He looked good in what was that movie or Amy. He looked good in train Wrecked.
Speaker 1: He looked really good as a member of the Calves pretending to love Cleveland for like the last three years too. He looked really really believable in that role, like extremely believable. But it was something else.
Speaker 5: Man, it was a bad movie.
Speaker 2: How far into it? Like why was it bad to you? Like, let's you give me yours.
Speaker 1: Then I'll give you mine?
Speaker 6: It just I mean, so u ken Jack, our coworker at Barstow, he had a great tweet about it that I kind of wish I hadn't seen before I watched it, but he was he was like, I don't know what kids thought of it, but as an adult, it was basically like a giant Warner Brothers commercial with a Ready Player one complex, which is just hit it really on the head. I mean, when they were going through well what are they the server verse or whatever they called it, and it was like, Oh, here's the DC world, here's the game of throwing. It's like, this is not what space cham like should be about, really.
Speaker 5: Because I don't know.
Speaker 6: The first one, I think really got a lot of people like into basketball and caring about basketball, and I don't know whether this one and if kids like it, kids like it and that's great, like I hope, I hope they do and all that, but I don't think this is inspiring a generation of kids to be like, oh, fuck, yeah, basketball is awesome.
Speaker 1: Like no, And I think that was what it was designed to do. A couple of things.
Speaker 2: I was watching with a friend, like we both played it at once from Afar right, and They're like, hold.
Speaker 1: On, something's wrong. Something's wrong. I have a bullshit.
Speaker 2: Ad in the first like fifteen seconds and I was like what, And I'm like, no, oh shit, this is the movie, Like this ad is the movie. It was clear from fifteen seconds in this was one giant ad for like multiple stakeholders. And that was what was strange to me, because you started out with Lebron James Sis, which is so Lebron, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: The original had a Jordan's.
Speaker 2: Is a real It started with with Michael Jordan's low moments.
Speaker 5: Though it did. I have to think about it in baseball. Ah.
Speaker 1: So okay, so you've got Lebron being like to me, this is what it was.
Speaker 2: Okay, take seven years to make? What are you doing? Why is it taking seven years? Because WB is like, we're gonna put fucking one hundred and fifty million.
Speaker 1: Dollars in this. What is this gonna be? Like? Are we gonna make our money back? What's the best way for us to ensure that we can get this movie made?
Speaker 2: All right, this is what we're gonna do. We're gonna pitch to our bosses, folks, this is it. This is gonna turn into our entire year's worth of marketing budget into promoting Warner Brothers films and UH franchises yea. And on top of which, then once you have a HBO Max, we're gonna also be spending the money on promoting how to subscribe to HBO Max by putting this movie early on HBO Max.
Speaker 1: Right, So you've got them.
Speaker 2: That's a vanity It's basically a vanity project. We don't care if we make money. This is basically us just promoting ourselves a giant blowjob, a self blowjob.
Speaker 1: Marilyn Manson Manson situation.
Speaker 2: Right, And then you have Lebron who's like, no, no, no, like this is still a vanity project for me.
Speaker 1: I want you to showcase.
Speaker 2: Me as like the cool family man. All I care about is my family. And by the way, these kids could not fucking act to save.
Speaker 1: Their life, So why not just pull a Will Smith and put your own fucking kids in it.
Speaker 6: I don't know, they probably probably didn't have a whole lot of interest. They couldn't see all.
Speaker 1: Oh I doubt that.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I doubt Bronnie being the like the kid who was the one that was like the golden child. I think Bronnie would have loved that role. That was like a very small role.
Speaker 2: Just step back, kid, A couple of screams should have been browny Okay. Then you've got Lebron James basically throughout the movie sprinkling highlights of himself in there.
Speaker 1: It was like a battle. It was like a.
Speaker 2: Duo or a or a like a battle royale of like who and where the self promotion lies?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was How many moments of this movie could I hashtag strive for greatness.
Speaker 2: It felt very much like that. Like Jordan, at least in space m One never never tried to self brand being the family man. Never he was embracing having hosts on the side. He never was like family only comes first. It's like greatness comes first. Lebron's like all I care about is being great and having my son and like being the best dad that I can't I'm just figuring down on the fly because all I know is greatness on the brain.
Speaker 1: I've never done anything else but play basketball.
Speaker 6: It's like, no, no, well, something that came to my mind throughout watching this movie. And like not to say that like oh, adultery is like awesome, because like that's not even really where I was thinking about it. But just how much cooler Michael Jordan is than Lebron James. It's just as like as close as like they are in terms of like how good of basketball players they are, They're equally far in coolness.
Speaker 5: Like true Jordan just.
Speaker 6: He didn't have to try to be himself and just this cool aura, you know, you know, even in a kid's movie, it's still like Transpire and there was all that cool stuff like with Bird and like Bill Murray and stuff that, like adults like, so there was that, and I think it kind of clouds the MJ versus Lebron argument, I mean, as dumb as the MJ versus Lebron argument is, but just.
Speaker 5: Because people like Jordan that much more than Lebron. Lebron's freaking lame, Like.
Speaker 1: He is so corny. It's unfortunate. And I like Lebron on so many levels, but like and listen, I get shit all the time for being quote unquote a tryhard right, and that's fine, like whatever, I'm authentically you mean, I think Lebron.
Speaker 2: James legitimately has the same exact brand issue where people are like, you're just doing too much. Everything feels forced, everything feels calculated. Everything feels like you manipulating the world around you to fill your legacy and bolster your legacy, where MJ's is like, I'm the fucking man. I don't need to like prove anything. Everybody's coming to me. I've got these commercials with Spike Lee and like he he was sex.
Speaker 1: Lebron is.
Speaker 5: Not sex.
Speaker 2: Lebron is the guy who was so not desirable and not attractive throughout his life from like a maybe like a geeky standpoint, and now he's like the most famous guy in sports on the planet and still doesn't really know how to handle that fame.
Speaker 1: And I have seen that.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever shared this story publicly, but I'm going to share it.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: I'm at the All Star Game in New Orleans. I am wearing as hot as fuck sixteen de Marcus Cousins boogie thing. I've got like a somewhat short dress on low cut sort of deal, super iridescent sunglasses. I'm in the tunnel of the Smoothie King, right, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: I think it might have been Practice, might have been a Mercedes. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think it was Smoothi King because they ran like simultaneous stuff going on.
Speaker 1: So I'm in there, and I'm up against the wall in the.
Speaker 2: Tunnel, and I see all the stars and I'm on my phone trying to like capture I'm trying to capture social footage of like all the All Stars, and I looked down on my phone. I'm like trying to post something, and like Lebron and all his homies or whatever, all his teammates are like walking by and Lebron and.
Speaker 1: Me make eye contact. Is the first time I've ever like really been up close close close to Lebraun.
Speaker 2: And he looks over and you can tell it was like he wasn't expecting to see women at that moment because it was just me and her, just me and my social media person standing in the tunnel, and they were just it was just a practice and we were there really early, and his head turned. People aren't even gonna believe the story. It's so ridiculous. His head turned as he was walking past, and he ran into a fucking and his teammates gave him so much shit, and I could not stop laughing.
Speaker 1: And it is now burned in in my brain that that is who Lebron is.
Speaker 2: That's not anything special to me, like I have no I would not purport that that was like a trista being an attractive thing. I think it was just like two hot girls in the tunnel.
Speaker 1: They might kiss like that, you know, like Lebron is a nerd and has no idea.
Speaker 2: What to do with, like, oh, there's pretty women. They're like, I'm gona look at them. Maybe they're looking at me, or they looking at me.
Speaker 1: It's like you're fucking Lebron. Dude, you don't need to do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that is, that is I mean, a that's a ridiculous leap hilarious story. It'd be Yeah, no, I've kind of said that, you know, throughout his career, like for as good as he like, I don't think anyone's ever been as good at something as Lebron is and yet yet insecure I have the self esteem of like me, like, yeah, like someone needs.
Speaker 2: To tell you you're Lebron James like you are, and you know, part of it makes me think, like this is real psychoanalyzing. People are gonna be like, oh, you hate Lebron. You're psychoanalyzing when you're with someone as long long as Bron is.
Speaker 1: He's been with Savannah for like since high school. Yeah, she knows.
Speaker 2: Him since he was fucking nobody right, just a phenom with a ton of potential, and she is the.
Speaker 1: Mother of his kids.
Speaker 2: He takes out the trash, probably not well, you know, like he has to do chores. They do life together. When you are in proximity to greatness for that long and you've been with them since they were not really the Lebron that we know now, Like she's gonna keep you more than humble, right, Like She's like, I've known you since you were fifteen years old.
Speaker 1: Like, just take the fucking garbage out.
Speaker 2: Whereas like Lebron kind of needs someone to gas him up. Anyway, the acting was terrible in the movie all like, and people on Twitter are like, well, this movie is for kids.
Speaker 1: It's like Pixar is also for kids.
Speaker 2: Disney old Disney movies also for kids, And the acting was fucking great, so adults and kids alike could get something out of it. There's levels to this shit that had no levels.
Speaker 1: No, it was bad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I don't think it was. I did see Gully. I forget who tweeted out. I actually tweeted something. I had to delete it because I was like, anyone have any like like children that I've watched it, like I would like to know please DM. But then I realized that sounded kind of weird, so I deleted it. But uh I I did see someone tweeted out this morning that said every kid that I've talked to that's seen Space Jam loved it. So I do need to I do need to like make that known because it was made for kids. But in the I don't think I'm just gonna reiterate the point I already made. Like Space Jam, the original. I was in kindergarten when that came out, and like literally on the playground at Recess every single day it was We're playing Space Jam.
Speaker 5: I'm Michael Jordan, who are you like?
Speaker 6: And I really don't see this doing that for basketball They're.
Speaker 2: Going to bring out like trampolines and there's like literally gonna be people bringing trampolines, all of them basketball court because they think that they can get ultra boosts.
Speaker 5: From that, and like the officially licensed mobile game you know is coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, I.
Speaker 2: Mean there is so much merch coming from this, people already wanting the Space Jam shoes and this and then that.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was wild.
Speaker 6: And another thing I wanted to bring up really real quickly was I thought it was funny in the first one because I rewatched it like semi rely, like in the last year, and they kind of dressed down Michael Jordan's extravagancies, like his house is like really small, Like Wayne Knight's character like drives him home from the baseball stadium and he's just got.
Speaker 1: Did you think to Lebron too.
Speaker 2: Did you see that broke gass Mercedes. They had him driving up to Warner Brothers with.
Speaker 5: I don't know about the car.
Speaker 1: It was like it was like an.
Speaker 2: Old school C class from like two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: I was like, no way, Lebron James drives that Mercedes.
Speaker 6: Well, like the opening shot of him in his Calabasss home.
Speaker 1: That was pretty funny. It's like fall. Yeah, the inconsistency of how and car that was strange for me. That was strange for me.
Speaker 2: I also thought that the time where he was in Warner Brothers and he's like this is a trash idea. I was like, this is probably adapted from real life. When Lebron got the original Space Jam script for the first time, where he's like this, I would never say these things. This is not me at all, Like fuck you, absolutely not. I do want a couple of positives because I don't want to just shit on it. I thought there were two stars, two.
Speaker 1: Stars of the movie. One was Ernie Johnson.
Speaker 5: He was good.
Speaker 2: He was really good, Like he provided a level of like believability that could not be achieved elsewhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Two, let's just break down Don Cheeto for a second. Don Cheatle has played in huge dramatic roles Hotel Rwanda probably the one that first comes to mind. He can act his ass off.
Speaker 2: We know that he can, and to be dropped in as the villain of this movie. Don Cheedle was trying to carry everyone. He was trying to show you this is what real acting. And of course there was like AI and green screen and like CGI and all these other things that make Don Cheadle less believable. So much CGI, so much CGI, too much CGI, that I thought that he was really trying to be Like listen, I am Algae rhythm, I am the best villain you've ever seen.
Speaker 1: I really want to win a supporting actor role for Space Jam two.
Speaker 2: And that to me was respectable, respectable for Don Cheedle to like take steal the money.
Speaker 1: It was stolen, stolen money. Who would you rather have seen in that villain role?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think he did what he could. I did as far as a recast, like, I don't know, I don't know, I really no one's really coming to mind right now.
Speaker 1: Samuel L.
Speaker 2: Jackson would be good matrix sort of tricks, but that would have been probably cross.
Speaker 1: It's a competitor. Can't have competitor franchises on the w B. I mean there were so many. The Corneis thing though, just real quick is the Notorious Pig like the rap thing came in. It was weird.
Speaker 2: The Damian Lillard rap thing was fine. The least believable thing was Damian Lillard coming in as the King Stopper. It's like, bro, you just got destroyed by Caleb Agatta. You are not the King Stopper destroyed by Caleb Agatta. You could not defend Lebron James if you are fucking life depended on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was bad timing for that movie to come out of your day.
Speaker 5: I liked the Michael B. Jordan thought that was.
Speaker 2: He also provided the level of legitimacy to the program YE reviews. Lebron got murdered by the graphics guy ABC. He put the thirty one percent that rotten tomatoes down there.
Speaker 1: Oh man, he was like, yeah, I'll put your fucking movie promo up and I'll put the rotten tomatoes up to a next two.
Speaker 6: Thirty One's not honestly all that's not like all time terrible, like honest appene CHIELI right, I mean it's certainly not good. You aim for higher than that, but that's not like an all time embarrassing score.
Speaker 1: It's not a success.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no, of course not.
Speaker 2: It uh beat out Black Widow for number one at the box office. It cost one hundred and fifty million dollars to make, another one hundred and fifty million to market, and they had fifty one million total globally on opening weekend. You are a long way from the black A long way, somebody said on Twitter, like I had just subscribed to HBO Max anyway about two weeks ago, and I'm really sad that that this is going to be attributed to Lebron James, Like this one subscription is.
Speaker 1: Going to be I could say a lot about Lola Bunny.
Speaker 2: There's some controversial stuff about Lola, but Lola Bunny that they made her boob smaller in her waist a little more like she's an athletic Lulla Bunny. I think Paige Spearinak, a golf personality who's on Twitter, she hated it. She thought it was like, so we could talk, we could spend a whole day dissecting that.
Speaker 1: But I'm not going to. I'm not going to let's get into some news around the league. Overall, I give it a twenty percent. First of all, like I just let's just stop. I give space jam if you didn't understand through the course of the full scathing review is like one watch. Everybody knows the rules.
Speaker 2: I think Marty said it best when he said he watched it in installments.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I started it like I think I started it Friday night before I went out, and then I finished it like Sunday, Sunday yesterday.
Speaker 2: I watched it all the way through last night, and it was hard. It was like, man, this is two hours I'll never get back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a bad movie.
Speaker 1: Bad. I give it twenty long.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was like two hours like the original was like an hour twenty I think something like that.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move on. Is James Wiseman the next next to DeAndre Ayton? What a hypothetical that is?
Speaker 2: No one stuck has improved more this year than DeAndre Ayden's. No one is making the Suns any no one is mocking the Suns anymore for taking DeAndre Ayton over Luca and Trey and Steve Kerr now is pulling the ultimate spin job. Like this is this is Steve Kerr in a nutshell. He said to the world, I think what you're seeing with DeAndre Ayton is exactly what.
Speaker 1: You're gonna see from James Wiseman. He's seven foot high draft pick.
Speaker 2: He's using Ayton's playoff stellar stellar playoff run to basically pump Wiseman's tires.
Speaker 1: Probably to trade.
Speaker 2: Him, I would say, to make him seem to like Oklahoma City, like, hey, you see what DeAndre Ayton's doing, Oklahoma City, Like, this is what you could have in James Wiseman for the low.
Speaker 1: Low price of shake Gildrews Alexandra, Right, yeah, just give us.
Speaker 2: We'll give you seven fourteen and James Wiseman. Who will be DeAndre Ayton.
Speaker 1: You see him.
Speaker 2: He's athletic, He's seven foot, he can hit threes, he can be in the post, he can rebound, he can play in the pick and roll, just like DeAndre.
Speaker 1: You see what's happening.
Speaker 6: You see that guard over there with the All Star floor. Yeah, just give him to us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just give him to us. This is what he had to say.
Speaker 2: The most interesting thing about the NBA Finals has been watching DeAndre Ayton. I talked to James and text him. I'm just so inspired by what Ayton has been able to do. I think there's no reason why James can't follow the same path. The Suns really streamlined his game. You think back a couple of years ago, and he was all over the map.
Speaker 1: You could tell how gifted he was, but you weren't exactly sure who or what he was, and they figured it out. I'm watching Ayton quite a bit, and I'm thinking about how we can use James. We can use James.
Speaker 2: And simplify the game and make him really effective for us the next year.
Speaker 1: That's a lie.
Speaker 2: Sounds like someone on Craigslist trying to hype up their used car so that someone could get the Kelly Blue Book value without chopping off a piece of the dealer.
Speaker 1: It's like so desperate, so obvious, and so desperate. Like I think the thing, I've never been this locked into the NBA before, so you the nuance of that statement would have just gone over my head because we've been so locked in. I know exactly what that fucking is.
Speaker 2: That is a guy trying to swindle an up and coming team for an All Star right now, for Steph, that's a Danny Ainge move, that's a snake, Danny Ainge move.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just using coach speak to yeah.
Speaker 1: Is a lie.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: We've said this before, but nobody deserves to be an Olympian to me more than Jeremy Grant. I know that's like a wild statement to say, because the Olympic ground is a place where young guys come and they get around real time talent. And he's been around talent before with Denver, somewhat with Oklahoma City. But he's now gonna be with a bunch of stars and going to find his way and flourish. And he is officially off to Japan. But there's been some problems. There has been some problems for Team USA. What has happened so far If you haven't been really caught up on how COVID has ravaged.
Speaker 1: The biggest stage on the global scale, Brad Buil and Kevin Love had to leave Team USA and there was a shot because Kevin Love is old. I don't know what do you think happened there with Kevin Love? Do you think he just realized, like you know.
Speaker 2: What, you know, I'm not getting any minutes and the world is excoriating me for even being on this roster, and I make enough money. I have a fucking model wife girlfriend with a really cute whim ranner, and it's a fourteen hour flight and I'm gonna have to quarantine.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna be able to go.
Speaker 2: Anywhere in Tokyo. This sounds fucking terrible. Actually, and I've already been to the Olympics.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like that's why?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean I think that's exactly what happened. He got the offer and he was like, what are you serious? Yes, Then it became apparent like, oh, this is gonna be a major pain in the ass here, Like Okay, maybe maybe this isn't an experience I need.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, maybe the whole like first time without fans in an Olympic setting, probably the only time is actually something I'm not.
Speaker 1: Really wanting to get firsthand experience with, right. Uh.
Speaker 2: But Jeremy Grant is not going to have to sit out, even though he had a close contact.
Speaker 1: To Bradley Beal. I think so Bradley.
Speaker 2: Beal h but nobody, nobody on this team wanted to be in an Olympian more than Grant. He was like going around basically pitching himself to Dame and to Bill and A KD being like.
Speaker 1: I need this experience. I want this experience.
Speaker 2: And now, though, with Jeremy Grant's ascension, and I think the Olympic stage is now another feather in his cap in terms of like how valuable Jeremy.
Speaker 1: Grant really is on the open market. There is now scumbag fake blogs coming up with fake trade scenarios that Jeremy Grant is going to be traded to the Memphis Grizzlies.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, I haven't seen this. Why why?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, they think that the Memphis Grizzlies would trade the Detroit Pistons the seventeenth pick and Jaren Jackson for Jeremy Grant so that they would have Jaren Jackson one and seventeen to rebuild. And I am going to tell folks this. If you think in any way that Jaren Jackson and his broke ass looking three point shot is anything close to Jeremy Grant, you are mistaken.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He's been hurt already, he's been.
Speaker 2: I think he had like out, he was out most of this year and he's brand new to the league with a knee injury.
Speaker 1: I think it was a meniscus.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, No, people keep like just jerking off the high draft picks.
Speaker 5: That's really all it comes down to. They're like, oh, he was the fourth pick.
Speaker 6: Yeah he's good, I think, And this isn't me shitting on Jaron Jackson, but like, yeah, I mean, Jeremy Grant just had an all time year, not all time year, but I mean most improved.
Speaker 1: You could have been most improved for sure if it wasn't for Julius Randal, just like destroying the league and taking the Knicks to a playoff, If the Knicks wouldn't have made the playoffs and they would have been like a dog shit team as well, like Jeremy Grant would have won it because the world wouldn't be focused on the Knicks, right. Uh. The Memphis Grizzlies are better, were better, looked like they were clicking without Jared Jackson.
Speaker 2: They could probably just trade Jared Jackson four picks and be probably better off. That's a hot take, but I think that's a possibility, given like Jaren Jackson's inconsistencies from three and some of the injury issues that he has, and inconsistency with cold you know, like team chemistry when you're in and out of lineup. So the Pistons, though, let me just say very firmly, the Pistons are not trading Jeremy Grant anywhere because Troy Weaver has said we want guys that want to play in Detroit, which is like almost no one, right, almost no one. Jeremy Grant could have re signed in Denver and he chose to take the route to beat the guy in Detroit.
Speaker 1: Michigan.
Speaker 2: Detroit nothing going on, completely dead city. Been there, enjoyed quote unquote enjoyed it all of the fruits of Detroit's economy and there's not a lot. So he has chosen to live and play in Detroit. There is no chance in hell Detroy Weaver would take a shot at getting Jaron Jackson, even just if he was great, because Jaren doesn't want to play in Detroit.
Speaker 1: No shot, no chance.
Speaker 2: What superstars do you think will sign extensions this offseason?
Speaker 3: Yo?
Speaker 1: See Goslin? Do you know who that is? I think he's from the Athletic looked at.
Speaker 2: Five scenarios and guessed the chances of whether each team each of them would sign.
Speaker 1: Are you ready for this list?
Speaker 5: Let's go this offseason?
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Kevin Durant eligible in August for a four year extension.
Speaker 1: This is kind of like a game show.
Speaker 2: For a four year extension that would make him a Net through twenty twenty six, when he will be thirty seven. If he signs this extension, he'll cross five hundred.
Speaker 1: Million dollars in lifetime earnings.
Speaker 2: Goslin has the probability of extending as so, we've got weak, we've got medium, we've got strong.
Speaker 1: What do you think does he sign this August? Yes? Or no?
Speaker 6: I would say kind of weak? Like are we saying will he sign ever or just this August?
Speaker 2: This August, I would say week this offseason. Yeah, it's weak.
Speaker 1: Goslin says it's strong.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, man.
Speaker 1: There's a possibility. I guess Kevin Durant will retire a Brooklyn Net.
Speaker 6: It just seems like he would want to keep doing the Lebron thing, at least for right now. I mean, I know, signed a four year deal, but like he was signing one and two year deals like left and right, like.
Speaker 1: In the middle Kawhi has done that as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if he.
Speaker 2: Does that, I do not think it's out of the realm of possibilities that Kevin Durant would also say, yeah, I'll sign through twenty twenty six, and you know, maybe I'll just force to trade at.
Speaker 1: Some point I don't like it. Yeah, good, Steph Curry.
Speaker 2: Curry is eligible to sign a two hundred million dollar extension with the final year paying him sixty million dollars.
Speaker 1: That's so much money.
Speaker 2: Sixty the last year of his contract will pay him sixty million dollars when he's thirty eight years old.
Speaker 1: That's stealing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you don't even have to finish on that.
Speaker 5: I'll go strong on that one.
Speaker 2: If he's All signs point to the Warriors wanting to resign asap rocky, but they have to be willing to commit to being a winner right now because Steph Curry has been on the record that yes I care about money, Yes I care about retiring a Warrior, but you can't be fucking around putting that deer in head lights out.
Speaker 1: James Wiseman with me, who's not a negative thirty seven every time we're on the floor together. I think it's strong.
Speaker 2: I think he will definitely resign this offseason because it's just too much fucking money at too late stage in his career.
Speaker 1: Luke Dancic.
Speaker 2: Dallas is obviously a mess right now, but they're trying to rebuild some things. Mark Cuban has basically said, like, oh, we want to treat him like we treated Dirk. You've got jj.
Speaker 1: Reddick and Gosh, I forget who else it was Andre Iguodala, both going on record saying Mark Cuban is one of the most accommodating.
Speaker 2: Owners for his superstars in life, and the world looks at how he treated Dirk in the past and says, yeah, like that's our guy. We like him based around just that one simple fact. So he's basically saying he's gonna do everything he can for Luca. He even included Luca's old Slovenian coach, he brought him onto the team like.
Speaker 1: So like he's like basically pulling.
Speaker 2: Out all the stops whatever you want. Yes, really he brought on Igor. Yes, Oh, we should have talked about that. So, yeah, he brought on Igor to this roster to I mean, to this team as an assistant coach.
Speaker 1: Uder Jason Kidd. I think that's gonna be great for Luca. Luca, What fuck? I mean, what else do you want? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Bring in Jake Kid, you bring in some Nike execs. You bring in your old former coach in Slovenia. Let's get a rocking. No player in history coming off of a rookie contract has ever turned down a max contract. I think this one is a no brainer. Yeah, and Homie says it's strong, So I think we agree. Bradley Beal brad is eligible to re sign with Washington in twenty twenty two off season, but for the same amount, so it makes sense for him to keep his options open. Do you think Bradley Beal he can sign this year and next year both.
Speaker 1: Do you think Bradley Beale signs his extension this offseason?
Speaker 6: I would say weak, but that's mainly just because, like I want to see Bradley Beal somewhere else. I mean, they've had chance after chance of I mean, especially when he and Wall were still together and they kept roll like it seemed like four seasons in a row. They were like, yeah, let's just keep rolling with Nane and Gore Tod and see what happens. And they just blew it. So yet no, I would I would hope week.
Speaker 2: The Washington Wizards remind me of the Portland Trailblazers, where you have a backcourt that just simply will not get it done, and you provide them with role players who are just garbage beyond belief and truly, truly, if we're honest, do the Washington Wizards and do the Portland Trailblazers actually like ownership really care about winning a championship?
Speaker 1: Like? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: So if I was Bradley Beal and you've been listening to Damian Lillard say loyalty, loyalty, loyalty like Kendrick Lamar, and then this off this off season in Vegas with Bradley Beal say I don't know where my future lies, and brad Bial's multiple years in front of Damian Lillard in that timetable, I would say, gotta be weak, right, Gotta be weak?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Devin Booker Goslin writes the extension doesn't make sense, mainly because signing him would disqualify him from potentially signing a Super Max extension should he earn all NBA honors either one of the next two.
Speaker 5: Seasons, which is probably likely.
Speaker 4: So do you.
Speaker 1: Think that he signs an extension this offseason? Yes?
Speaker 4: Or no?
Speaker 5: It'd seemed like a bad idea.
Speaker 1: I think so too.
Speaker 2: He stands to earn much more money and many more years on a new contract should he make it to twenty twenty four free agency.
Speaker 1: So I also agree. I don't think, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, something tragic would have to happen for this same contract to not be on the table in two years, So like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Might as well just wait it on out. I think Devin Booker is all NBA caliber right now, so yeah, do it? Man more Colin Sexton news. Colin Sexton has become the the Kevin Porter junior of the universe, like just not quite good enough to be really deserving of this much chatter, like Harrison Barnes sort of quality, but yet he's got stands like Marvin Bagley, Like this guy has a lot of fans that are quite angry and triggered if you say anything negative about him.
Speaker 2: He is now coming up in more trade conversations again. The newest team he's been linked to, Marty is who who do you guess?
Speaker 1: New team? Never been talked about before? Where does Collins? Do not look at this? Do not look at them?
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know. This is Boston.
Speaker 1: State.
Speaker 2: The Golden State Warriors are quote intrigued with acquiring Colin Sexton, but it would not net the Cleveland Cavaliers someone like James Wiseman or the number seven pick. The upcoming extension in his overall fit apparently are lowering his value, making teams hesitant to acquire him, and thus the trade value is lower and the chips are lower in order to acquire Colin.
Speaker 1: Man. I don't know about that fit.
Speaker 6: No, I would not have guessed Golden State, given you could have given me twenty guesses.
Speaker 5: I don't think Golden State would have come out of there.
Speaker 1: I hate this.
Speaker 2: I think young guys who are out of control.
Speaker 1: We talked about the knicks for Colin love that fit.
Speaker 2: This fit is way bad, Like you're talking about a free flowing offense with movement around, like without the ball and the freedom to do as you choose in iso.
Speaker 1: Absolutely fucking not.
Speaker 5: Yeah. No, I hate it, hate it.
Speaker 1: I am so glad that we're on the same page there.
Speaker 6: Colin Sexton is what NBA writers wanted to say Devin Booker was for years, but he actually.
Speaker 1: Is that he is not a cancer but is like cancerous.
Speaker 6: He I think he call and he could improve. This is not saying like he will never improve and get to a point where he's not this but right now, I think he caps your wind total.
Speaker 1: I think he does too.
Speaker 2: The chip on his shoulder, the ego level is so massive that he makes it difficult to win with him. I don't think I would want him on my team if.
Speaker 5: No shot, not right now.
Speaker 2: And he's undersize too, he's other size, he's out of control. He loves to play iso ball, and he's mean to his teammates and people, and people literally chirp you, opponents chirp his teammates that yo, he's never passing you the ball. Could you imagine Steph Curry with Colin Sexton, who's getting the ball down the stretch. Colin Sexton comes up with the rock as the one. You think he's fucking giving it to Steph Curry. Collin Sexon thinks he's the best player on the planet.
Speaker 1: Fuck no, all right. Season two of Ted Lasso. I know this is not seemingly, not seemingly about basketball, Marty, but it is.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: Ted Lasso is about to drop season two. If you haven't watched.
Speaker 2: It, you need to watch it like cannot watch, cannot wait. If you haven't seen season one is like a need to do now a delight if you don't know it. It's about a American.
Speaker 1: Football coach, like from a high school which to date, who is hired to run an English Premier League team.
Speaker 5: Like Major League style, trying to like run it in the correct.
Speaker 1: And they're trying to run the franchise in the ground.
Speaker 2: So they hire this guy and he has zero experience nor knowledge about soccer. Seems like a thin plot upon first glance, but it's a fucking tremendously executed show.
Speaker 1: What actually seems about us.
Speaker 2: Thin is like space Jam, but just way way better execution, better dialogue, better everything.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 6: It was based on I think those NBC sports commercials that Jason Sidekas did where he pretended to be like the head coach of Tottenham, but he was like, he did it like a football coach.
Speaker 2: Yes, yep, So Jason sidekis is Ted Lasso. His character is amazing. Apparently it's based around NBA coaches, so there are NBA coaches that have inspired the character as well as the Jason Sidekas NBC commercial. Quinn Snyder apparently now is using quotes and anecdotes from the show. Quinn Snyder, Quinn Snyder always thought you were a good coach, and now you gotta go. Now, you gotta go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's pretty pretty weird.
Speaker 1: You gotta go now. He says it's required viewing for any coach.
Speaker 2: Our boy Steve Kerr loves the show was one of its earliest supporters.
Speaker 1: I think his child one someone he knows is like working on the show.
Speaker 2: Chris Paul binged it, but the apparently the character was based around multiple a collection of multiple NBA coaches. If you had to guess, Marty, who would you guess which NBA coaches in history? And also basketball coaches some some are some are college basketball coaches as well. Okay, do you end one high school hoops coach? Which do you think that they're built around?
Speaker 5: Geez?
Speaker 6: Okay, someone very positive, uplifting, like overly positive.
Speaker 5: I mean, who does that describe? I honestly, you're gonna love the answer. You're gonna want to sound dumb and like making.
Speaker 1: You're gonna love the answer.
Speaker 5: You're gonna be like, Okay, what are we? Who we? Who are we thinking?
Speaker 1: First? One? Bill Self?
Speaker 5: Okay? At Midwestern?
Speaker 1: Okay, Phil Jackson.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, And.
Speaker 2: This is where it gets good, Marty, Greg Popovich that get no way, absolutely not. I've heard Greg Popovic is like a big players coach, like really really great around the guys, but like no.
Speaker 5: No, not in like a silly way at all.
Speaker 1: In no way what Greg Popovic allow r. C.
Speaker 2: Buford to treat him the way that the team treated Jason Sidekiz' his character Ted Lasso and him provide them with cookies every day, like absolutely no cornball anecdotes, no, like yeah, they just know like they I.
Speaker 1: Think that the thing that they use was like pop takes his team out for wine, Like that's the same. No, it's not the same. It's not the same.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: That's all the time that we have for this league.
Speaker 2: Podcast Please like, please rate, please review on Apple Podcasts and Spotify makes a massive, massive difference. We have this league playoff merch on sale. Sunsend four is a lifestyle. It is required buying if you like. We'll call it viral moments. It's on sale. There's a bunch of them. There's one with like Boston gloves. There's one purple one, there's one black. Don't forget to follow us at this league at Trista Creek on TikTok Instagram, YouTube, Twitter.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for TBD maybe Wednesday. We will see you maybe Wednesday for the next episode of This League.
Speaker 9: Figure a Columnida Fall.
Speaker 4: It's time to risk it all.
Speaker 9: Say hello to the big dog, say goodbye to all the fun. Keep it a hone, and keep it a honey, and keep it a down down to certain peoples that.
Speaker 4: We don't alive.
Speaker 9: No no, no pole, pole, No no.
Speaker 4: No pole pole.
Speaker 9: You a slow pole all black, it would stay whoa, I'm the best, I'm the best case clothes rock com rock.
Speaker 4: I ain't no joke. Give me that, give me that, give me that, give me that, give me that, give me that. I want this and that what you mean? I can't have that?
Speaker 9: Stand your lane, Lois Lana skirt stirred on him, Stand your lame, Penny Lander, skirt skirred on him. Big big, big big dog, big dog, big dog, walk in.
Speaker 4: Big dog, walk in with the dog. I'm gonna risk it all. I'm gonna risk it all. I'm gonna risk it all.
Speaker 9: A line line, big big, big big dog, big dog, big dog, walk in, big dog, walking with the dog.
Speaker 4: Hog. I'm gonna risk it all. I'm a s get off. I'm gonna risk it all. Ooh, you got a risk it just to get a biscuit?
Speaker 6: Biscuit?
Speaker 4: How many licks does it take the liquor? She wont a liquor trapper, but she already elect a rapper.
Speaker 9: Oh my, oh my, so fly fly, I stay fly, I stay fly wili just to get by. I want it all out a piece of the pie. Everybody eats everybody, and we keep all of the receipts. Swing good and we live in good. We'd have made it up about the hoods. Give me that, give me that, give me he give me that, give me that, give me that.
Speaker 4: Me that I want this and that what you mean? I can't have that?
Speaker 9: Stay your lane, Lois Lana starts skirred on him. Stang your Laane, Penny Lena start.
Speaker 4: Skirred on him.
Speaker 9: Big big, big big doll, big doll, big dog.
Speaker 4: Walking b walk he with the dog. I'm a risk at all. I'm a risk it all. I'm a risk it all.
Speaker 9: Big big, big big dog, big dog, big dog, walk in, big dog, walkay with the dog.
Speaker 4: I'm a risk it all. I'm a risk it all. I'm a risk it all.