Speaker 1: Cool media.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna say it like this was any of y'all athletes in high school? First of all, happy New Year, but yeah, she's the three Hood politics a crazy year.
Speaker 3: This is about to be, my lord.
Speaker 2: How excellent and twenty twenty four electionit cut all right, So any of y'all played basketball? Like, was you an athlete? Was you a high school athlete? Did you go to a school that cared about sports? Or are you probably most like most cool zone folks where you're just like, I didn't do the sports ball unless unless you me and Sophie or the podfather himself, Jack O'Brien, Like we hooped Sophie the high school ball playing athlete. She went to a rather black high school too, Like it was. It's pretty funny. She was over there hooping, So you had to like hoop to be over to be over there. Anyway, the things the movies don't tell you about, especially if you from the hood, if you're a high school ball player, you go to school that's like a little bit urban anywhere in California, it's kind of like this. I'm gonna even argue even down there with the rich kids in Orange County because them rich kids over there selling X pills in cocaine and just driving their daddy's trucks. Anyway, you'd be surprised how rotchet surfers are now. I mean, they obviously can't compare to the hood. But anyway, point is, there is a good chance that your school's basketball team don't really have the best players in your area, or even the best player at your school, because the blessed player at your school probably ineligible.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: That mean he got a below a two point oh GPA, she got a below a two point oh GPA. They'd have been suspended modean twice. They got Syrians behavior issues. They could just hoop everybody in the whole school love them. And Coach Carter down there outne made up Coach Carter. Coach Carter absolutely adores this dude, because man, y'all could win state. Y'all could win this whole thing if this fool could play. May he even tried out with y'all. Matter of fact, he probably ran a few plays with you. He was in summer league because there wasn't no grades in summer league. And then then first that man was running the floor for a while.
Speaker 3: You know, what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And then y'all lost in the finals in the tournament, and he swear it wasn't his fault, but he swear the rest cheated, but y'all knew he won.
Speaker 3: Then at first try to.
Speaker 2: Mess the grades came through the nigga got a one point two, been suspended twice. It's like, Coach, like, I gotta kick you off the team unless you could convince his math teacher to lie about this grade. But this math teacher is like, oh, hell no, you know what this dude be doing in our classroom, Like you could call me a square, but there are requirements. Coach could be in there and being like, nah, y'all just hate him. You just you just don't like him. And it's like, I don't give a shit about how I feel about now. You're right, I don't. But that's not the point. If the boy did his homework, if the boy had not had you know what I'm saying, walk into my class, flipped over the goddamn tables because he ain't like the grade he got. If he wasn't in here cragging jokes and just roasting everybody, that's all every time they're in here, knowing full well, anybody gonna do nothing because everybody think he funny, then maybe I would have a different scenario. But the point is whether I like him or not don't matter. If he passed my class. He passed my class, didn't turn out his history teacher didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Not passing him was an option. I ain't know.
Speaker 2: I ain't know I had the opportunity to tell this, to tell y'all, no, he did not pass.
Speaker 3: I thought I had to. I thought I ain't had no choice.
Speaker 2: I thought the school was gonna rebel if we didn't put him on the on the eligible lists. You mean to tell me I don't. I didn't have to pretend like this D minus is a C I didn't have. I didn't have to act like I didn't see this boy slap the shit out of somebody in my classroom because he's just because everybody loved because he's a good athlete. I could pretend like he's not. Coaches, like, do the right thing, and by right thing, I mean ignore all this. Just give him what he needs because we need to win. Eventually, the principal is gonna have to step in and say, is this okay? But if the principal steps in and says, there's this Okay, I don't understand why every other sport at your school and every rival school wouldn't be like, hold up, wait, wait, this is an option. And then once the school steps in, the principal steps in, and this principal decides, I'm just gonna gonna let this lie. Then the district's gotta go wait you then then what are requirement The district got to step in, But the district feel like we didn't already told y'all, and the district just letting out big sides like what day is the game happening? I don't want to be in this because that you scared your whole school is going to have an insurrection if he ain't eligible, y'all. Hood politics no from welcome, welcome, welcome Now. If you don't know I'm talking about President Donald Trump, if you wasn't able to follow that little metaphor being removed from some primary ballots and deciding that, look, he's not eligible, I don't know what else to tell you, Like, the man's not eligible. And what makes it weird is, like I said in the metaphor is but he's clearly the star like he's he's going to win. At least that's what we think right now. You feel me like the Republicans are like, well, you're removing our best athlete, like our best chance of winning. Sound to me like y'all just some hating ass niggas, is what they're saying. You know, there is court Coach Carter like, y'all just don't like you scared.
Speaker 3: If we do this, we're gonna win.
Speaker 2: And the State of Colorado turns out as his math teacher, that's like, he's got it, he's got an he's got a D minus. I don't know what to tell you. You want me to pretend like he's not failing. He didn't pass. I don't know what to say. He didn't pass the class. What do you want me to do? And then Maine was like, wait, we can. I ain't know we could. I ain't know this was an option. Well, we're gonna look at it. We're gonna look at his grades too, and May was like, oh, yeah, no, no, he can't. He not eligible because you told me it was. I mean, I don't not run my class. I thought the states had states rights. I thought you I thought we were alive. I thought you was the federalist. I thought y'all was a federalist part. You believe that the states had their own rights right and we just we're just exercising our right as a state. I thought, look, I looked at the paper, I looked at the requirement. Whether I like him or not, don't matter. He ain't meet the requirements. So today I want to talk about these two state Supreme Court cases fourteenth Amendment and what the Supreme Court's got to talk about and what this might actually mean for our future, because it's kind of a big deal.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: What I was supposed to do over the break was run a rerun episode about the Supreme Court and when the Supreme Court started to get involved in politics. We had a series or a two part episode last year called y'all, don't sign my checks or mariname my chicken. Remember that. Don't answer it? Well you could answer it, I just won't hear you. Y'all, don't sign my checks, y'all, don't mariname my chicken. And it's about really the function of the Supreme Court and when the Supreme Court started having a role in elections, because that really was its purpose and there was a Supreme Court Justice, you can go back and listen to it. Like I said, I was supposed to run it over to Holidays. Not really sure what happened. No wedal though, But like long story short, it was a case in Tennessee where there were clearly this process of redistricting that was on purpose trying to disenfranchise the votes of black people. They were just calling it urban communities, essentially trying to make it to where this district that was densely populated with urban black people would have when you break it down, like one twentieth of the political power of rural white areas in Tennessee. And they took it to the Supreme Court, to the state Supreme Court that is, and then the state Supreme Court was like, yeah, it seems cool to me and they but the City of Memphis District of Member was like, this is ridiculous. You're clear you can't do this. So then it got to the Supreme Court. And in the Supreme Court, it's not so much that they didn't see this injustice.
Speaker 3: They saw it.
Speaker 2: They were just saying, well, one of the guys was just saying, we can't get involved in this, because if we get involved in elections. We're gonna be stuck here forever, Like we're gonna lose our sense of being as far removed from the political process as we possibly can, knowing full well that like there's no way you're not in part of the political process.
Speaker 3: But we're hoping to try to stay out of it.
Speaker 2: Like listen, like let us be mysterious and let's just remain policy nerds and just stay out of voting process, right, because that's supposed to be pure. That was the idea. If we get into this, we're gonna be stuck forever. The other side of the Supreme Court was like, there is a clear injustice here, and it seems as though when you have this clear injustice, voting's already tainted.
Speaker 3: They could vote, but it won't.
Speaker 2: Matter because the system is already rigged against them. We are to correct the system. How could you possibly say stay out of it when you see that there's a problem. The other side was like, we're gonna be here forever. Then we're gonna then, listen, what's gonna happen even if we jump in, then we're gonna be pawns in partisan politics for the rest of our time.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a problem. And now the guy that's.
Speaker 2: Saying that was on record, as I mean, in the anals of history, was like an asshole. Your body was like, we hate this guy. And it turned out, I mean you fast forward to Bush v.
Speaker 1: Gore.
Speaker 3: He was right.
Speaker 2: They got the Supreme Court got tied up into partisan politics. And now when we talk about judges, we say, this is a conservative judge or a liberal judge.
Speaker 3: He was right.
Speaker 2: And now we're back here again. So yeah, so that's what we're gonna cover. But before we do, y'all following this the Diddy story. Wait, but even before we get to the Diddy story, Matt find a way to replay dude, do now that one bites the dust. God, dude, dude, dude, Chris Christie gon.
Speaker 4: Yo, Chris Christy say fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, You're cool, fuck you.
Speaker 3: I'm out. He gone, my man drive.
Speaker 2: I mean, the nigga was doing negative numbers because but there is a slight significance to his nigga being gone. Two things that was really crazy that just happened. One is his speech. His speech was different than howse speeches normally be. Normally you supposed to be like, well you know, the looks like the people have just spoken, and you know, I just I want to see the Republicans win as long as we defeat you know, the opposite party, and I'm going to throw my support and I want my people to continue to participate in this beautiful process, in this American experiment. Now, this nigga said, and I quote, I'm suspending my campaign. And I know this is disappointing to some of y'all, but it's the right thing for me to do because I just want to make sure that I in no way enable Donald Trump to be president. This nigga said, Listen, that's more important whether I win or not, as long as that nigga lose. And he looking at everybody else in there, like, nigga, if you ain't, if you ain't taking shot at Trump, you're enabling that shit too. I feel like that man, the way he presented is just like he paying penance for actually serving Lord Boldemore in the first place. Like he was like, Nigga, I was wrong. This nigga had a hot mic moment where he was dissing both the Santos and Nikki Haley. The one that the Trump campaign jumped on was the Nicki Haley disc because that's where they spending all their money right now, because they're scared of old Nimarada.
Speaker 3: You feel me.
Speaker 2: They like she doing way too good. We need to start bringing the heat towards her. We was bringing the heat towards Desantists. Now we're bringing the heat that old Nicki, Nicki Nicole, You feel me like?
Speaker 3: They basically saying, I don't mean shit.
Speaker 2: It ain't gonna change nothing, Nigga, I'm still so far ahead it don't even matter. But what the Poles is saying. And again, if you believe the Poles, they always mean nothing. But they said most Chris Christie like potential Chris Christy voters said if he drop out, they probably gonna vote for Nikki Haley, which is why trumping him going after her now because she got a little slow burn on her.
Speaker 3: She liked that she like barbecue. You feel me.
Speaker 2: Wait till you hear the Black Thought episode. I know it ain't came out yet, but wait till y'all hear that, you'll understand what I mean by this. Anyway, it's just so much happening right now that it's hard to get episodes out. I may go to like two times a week because it's just so much haddening. Nah, I ain't gonna do that. That's so much work on me.
Speaker 3: Queue up the old school American idol.
Speaker 2: So you had that day? Is that of the base Chris Christy Cook? Anyway, y'all heard about Diddy. Turns out he's an absolute weirdo. I mean, that's what they It's crazy how little coverage like hip hop is given this that like did he face it like some real weird old charges right now?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't want to spread no rumors, but.
Speaker 2: That's quite that's white the tea his girlfriend like, Nah, that nigga weird like in like the worst.
Speaker 3: Since I don't know anyway, let's.
Speaker 2: Talk about uh, the OPTA weirdo Trump. Here we go, all right, so it's going down like this. If you don't already know, former President Trump was removed from the primary ballot in the state of Colorado on the grounds of something called the fourteenth of Mint. Now maybe you've seen some coverage on this, uh, maybe know these details, but to give this background just to help you understand everybody's perspective here if you don't already understand it, because it could seem kind of weird, but before you get to the fourteenth Amendment, you have to understand the rules to become a president. And in the most bizarro, upside down universe way to think about this, you got to go back to two people, Arnold Swarzenegger and Henry Kissinger.
Speaker 3: I listen, this can't get weirder.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing that war criminal Henry Kissinger was so loved that there was a time that there was a petition to possibly let him run for president because he was so loved.
Speaker 3: Even in the Congress, they was like, Yo, we really need to think about this, like naturalized sort of citizen thing. You don't.
Speaker 2: Kissinger was born in Germany and he reached the highest possible office that a person not born here can be, in that Secretary of State. And outside of the bombing of invasion of layouts and the bombing of Cambodia and all kind of other just absolutely horrible things, this man was involved in his reputation of being a peace broker.
Speaker 3: I'm big old asterisk next to that word. Piece. Bastards has like a six part.
Speaker 2: Episode which is probably the most thorough that you could possibly do without like sticking a number two pencil inside of your eyeball. But there was a petition to possibly let this man run for president because he just demand just everybody just loved him somehow. He just got away with so much and did so much for the country that Foods was like, nah, we rock with him, Like I'd vote for him. Another one was on a swarzenager. He was our governor, but he can't be president. But then they love the governator. He was born in Austria. You can't run for president. Now, why do I say that? It's because no matter how much people love you, these are the rules. There's really not much criteria. It's pretty simple. You have to be over thirty five and born here. Pretty much it you. You can have felonies, it's fine. Over thirty five and born here. You could be currently incarcerated. You're a citizen born here over thirty five. Cool, that makes you eligible. That's all you gotta do. That's your two point o GPA is. All you got to do is have season every class, real simple. Do you go to our school? Are ya enrolled here? And do you got above seeds?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: How talented you are, that's just you gotta be talented.
Speaker 1: And this.
Speaker 2: Oh, but then when there was one more rule added later that was in the fourteenth Amendment. It was during reconstruction, as in, right after the Civil War, somebody had the idea that said, hey, if you're a sworn officer, elected, or selected officer in the United States government and you engaged in insurrection, you can't hold any civil military or elected position. Seems like an obvious law that had to do with the Confederates, Nigga, y'all tried to leave. I think one could argue that that is that's insurrection, and it seems pretty obvious that, like, if you participated in that, you probably shouldn't be in the American military no more, probably shouldn't probably shouldn't hold any office. I don't think we can trust you no more if you engage an insurrection, my nigga, Like, I don't know, fam, I don't think you can come back from that. It would make sense to be like, Okay, look, if you participated in that, you can't be the president, all right. I just I feel like I feel like there's an obvious jump in logic. I say that specifically because it don't specifically say the president. More on that incredibly unnecessary distinction later because I don't know if you figured your civil war ain't work, but if you ran for office and got elected, you could form the country into the country you wished it was. When you tried to make the Confederates, they was like, this seemed like they looked throughout the table, like this seemed like an obvious This seemed pretty obvious, right, like none of the Confederates.
Speaker 3: They can't be president.
Speaker 2: Right if you was an elected official, an officer of the government, and tried to overthrow the government, you can't.
Speaker 3: I can't believe.
Speaker 2: I gotta say this, Like that's what they were saying, like like we really got to say this, Yeah, nigga, you really got to say this.
Speaker 3: They was like, all right, it's not like.
Speaker 2: In one hundred and fifty years this will come up again, but we figure for now, let's just get it on paper.
Speaker 1: Just in case.
Speaker 3: Who knows when this or whatever come up again anyway, So slaves they're free now.
Speaker 2: Anyway we can keep subjugating them. Well, how about they how about we put them in jail? Sounds good, all right? Thirteen the miment's done, so we didn't both fourteen thirty. Let's move on that's what was happening around that time. So fast forward over a century later, a century and a half later, maybe to January sixth, twenty twenty one, a day that I mean, I don't think ain't no way in the world they could have imagined. If you was watching, if you was watching the television series The United States of America, you'd have to be an incredibly astute story tell to be able to know that the plot line was gonna twist all the way to that. But you fast forward and then white boys stormed the Capitol trying to stop the confirming of a duly elected official, and that official would be the President. And they did this in the name of the Almighty Donald Trump. That now, they may say, some of them may say, well, it's because they're trying to protect the institution.
Speaker 3: They believe that the institution has been.
Speaker 2: Corrupted so far that it is now unsavable and the only way for us to save it is for the people to rise up, which is I don't know, bar for Barr, the argument with the Confederates, that was their position, They're going to save this idea of the United States because the United States have lost their way and they are convinced that the man the people chose it was Donald Trump. Now, why are they convinced that nigga is because he told them? That's not because they know, it's because he told them that's what it was, so they stormed that capitol. Now this, yeah, I'm pretty sure that's recap for all. Y'all right, and that was, uh, yeah, that's an insurrection.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know what the hell else to tell you.
Speaker 2: But even if it wasn't that, you wasn't at January sixth, which.
Speaker 3: Has becomes his defense, he was like, Nigga, I wasn't there.
Speaker 2: It's all the things that led up to it, right, all of the election fraud, lies, the divinion voting machines, the constant flow of like this is rig they cheating, and then all the way up to your speech about like, yo, we're gonna go. We're going to go over to the Capitol and I'll be there with you. You could make a pretty decent argument that everything from November eighth to January sixth is engaging in insurrection, all the stuff that led up to it. One could argue that had you not been talking that reckless, it may not have gotten to that. Now, you can't quote unquote prove that there's no one to one, but I think anybody would. Again, and if you're watching the show, you like, well, obviously they there because he told him to be, because they wouldn't have even thought all this had he not got up there and tell him what he called the people down in Atlantin the dude down in Georgia when he went over, when they had the people in Coffee County, right, all that's happening.
Speaker 3: Now here's where it gets interesting.
Speaker 2: None of those things have been proven in the criminal case that he's facing. The federal charges about this as in that case is still pending. Won't know what's going on with that. But Colorado is saying, wait a minute now, I think he might be ineligible. And the people in our scenario from the school, the people is his math teacher. That's like, what I think about him is irrelevant. This nigga not eligible. I don't like you, right, I don't like him, But that's not the damn point. The man's not. Oh like what you want me to say. Look, you gotta be born here, you gotta be over thirty five, and you can't engage in insurrection. I feel like this real easy, this man, ain't and then and then then the Colorado defense team or the college. Yeah, the Trump's defense team would be like coach Carter walking in there and being like, I think you just a hater. Let the people decide you just you just don't want them to win. You don't want us to win, because America would win if we had our best player up there and the math teacher like nigga. What I don't understand is what is we missing here? Oh, it's an old ass law. You're going back to the really really, Trump's like the Confederates. Really, this is a stupid law. I'm gonna call the principal. The principal would be the Colorado Supreme Court. The Colorado Supreme Court was like, let me look at this.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: As much as I hate to get involved into this, I do listen. I do not want to be involved in this. And I understand that we are setting a serious, serious precedent. I know the weight of what I'm saying here. I whether it's right on paper, whether I'm gonna be a Hall Monitor rule follower, which would mean if I'm a Hall Monitor rule follower, this is simple. But we know the world ain't don't work like that. You put hall monitors in trash cans. I know, y'all, Like I know, the bullying thing that we're better humans now. Our kids don't do the shit that we used to go through, which is good. Okay, Let's stop dissing our children for not being the bullies from the eighties and nineties movies that they watch now that our kids look and be like, damn, y'all really act like that, y'all are barbaric. Niggai You right, we were barbaric. It's good. It's good that our kids don't do this. That being said, we put niggas in trash can like it was. A dude got thrown off the second story at my school like it was bad. But anyway, you bully rule followers. But at the end of the day, it's the rule, right. I mean, there are rules about you're not supposed to have anything dangling from your rear view mirror.
Speaker 3: That's actually illegal.
Speaker 2: But come on, dude, if the cop pulls you over because of something down dangling on your rear view mirror, they racist them.
Speaker 3: Niggas just don't like you. He bored.
Speaker 2: There are so many other things you need to worry about now, you would say, prop are you equating the January sixth insurrection to something as trivial as dangling dice from your rear view mirror? No, nigga, I'm not. His defense is that's his defense.
Speaker 3: They're like, come number one, that's one of the arguments.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: The other argument is, like I said that we will come back to this. Will it don't say president. What it says officer of the government, and the president is not specified. And their argument is every time we're talking about the president, the founders or the writers of these laws specify that role because that role is special. And the rebuttal to that is you mean to tell me.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, hold on, hold on, hold.
Speaker 2: On, let me reflect this back to you. You mean to tell me that, if you are an originalist, you the original a list of the Constitution, that's your position. You mean to tell me, as somebody who is an originalist, that when these men wrote holding office in the US government, officer of the government, that that somehow excluded the president. You telling me every other position is ineligible but the president.
Speaker 3: That's what you're saying right now. You saying this law.
Speaker 2: That the office of the presidency is somehow not an officer of the US government. That's what you're saying. That's your argument. Well you hear how absurd that is, which brings them to argument number three, which is the law says engaged in insurrection?
Speaker 1: Did he.
Speaker 2: I didn't look. I ain't putting no stone through that window. I didn't tell them. They decided that themselves. I wasn't there.
Speaker 3: How could you say I what do you mean? Do you mean?
Speaker 2: And even if I did, the president, dude, I'm acting under like.
Speaker 3: Presidential like I got.
Speaker 2: Immunity on stuff, right, But besides, I wasn't even there, dude, how can you say I participated in.
Speaker 3: Did I engage in insurrection?
Speaker 2: The jury still out on the case literally about me participating in insurrection. So since it hasn't been proven in any other court, why the hell you get to decide that I did it already? And I think of all the arguments, that's where they got something is like, well, it wasn't proven that I was. You're assuming that that happened. And in the in as far as a legal precedence, it's got a point. Now as far as a common sense perspective, you can't be serious. I mean, it's law professors all over Princident, as conservative as conservative can be that are like, no, nigga, you did it. You're ineligible. Ain't no way in the goddamn world. You don't think you did this. Here's here's where. Here's what happens. You got so much sway and so much pull in the hood, in your hood that you say you got that you want us to all believe. And then when they actually jump when you tell them to jump, your toy soldier jumps when you says jump, they shot when you told them to shot, and they ain't asked questions. And when they shot. Now you like, oh, I didn't tell them to do nothing, nigga, You just told me that you run these streets. These people do whatever you tell them to do. And then they did it. Now all of a sudden, you like, I didn't tell them to do that.
Speaker 3: That wasn't me. I don't know why they did that on them.
Speaker 2: No, nigga, you can't have it both ways, cuz they move when you move, just like that.
Speaker 1: Corny.
Speaker 2: Now, these are in fact jumps in logic. But Colorado said, we see it, and I hate, I hate, I hate, I know I know what I'm saying here. I know I sound like a rule follower, but I mean, come on, y'all. But then you have this other law theory that basically says, going back to the y'all, don't sign my check, y'all, don't Mary name my chicken episode, which is like, we should stay out of this and let the people decide, because even if we allow, even if we stop, if we stop this, we're damned if we do with damned if we don't. If we stop it, then we're interfering in the people's right to vote. If we don't stop it, then our rules don't mean shit. I mean, that's that's where they at. And who's to stop other states from thinking the same thing. And then Trump gets to say they persecute me, We're not getting a fair shot, just like that little nigga get to say, hey, look, hey, they did this because they hate no me. They don't y'all don't want to win a y'all just mad because I'm out here running circles around your little start, your little star point guard that nigga know he can't guard me, you know, Nigga, I put, I put and when we practice, I put thirty up on you that nigga can't guard me. None of these other schools can't hold me. Y'all just hating ask niggas you don't let it heal, Fuck mann, y'all, man, fuck y'all. Anyway, y'all know I'm the best scooper at your school. And if you and if you and if you don't agree, it's kap. They just don't want to y'all just don't want me to be great. Y'all don't want to do y'all don't want to be great because y'all know if I'm on the court, I'm gonna run that court. It could be like, nigga, you have a one point two GPA, I don't whatever.
Speaker 3: That's because she hate me. I'm a history teacher. I hate her.
Speaker 2: She lying that ain't true. Look, ask the principal. The principal cool, not a principle, Like listen, yeah, you gotta pass your classes, bro, me fuck all that.
Speaker 3: Right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So eventually you gotta ask the district. In this case, the district is a supreme court. The supreme courts, like when's the game game March fourth? Bro, we gotta know by March fourth, because March fifth is when primary season starts.
Speaker 3: Supreme Court like, we.
Speaker 2: Gotta tell y'all, when we gotta tell y'all if this what we think, we gotta tell y'all what we think.
Speaker 3: Damn man, I ain't want to be I ain't want to be in all this.
Speaker 2: It's Bush v. Gore all over again. We gotta be in the middle of this shit again. You've ever been in the middle of something you wished with all your heart?
Speaker 3: You want?
Speaker 2: He was like, I'm just minding my own I'm trying to mind my own business. I don't want, Like, don't put me in that shit. When the homies break up and you friends with both of them, like, look, man, don't put me in the middle. Even if you've got an opinion, you're like, look, man, I don't want to be in the middle of this because the Supreme Court understands it. Don't exist in a vacuum no matter what they do normally, Like I said, this is what changed normally. Fuck with y'all think y'all don't sign my checks, y'all, don't marinate my chick. But this this new They like, Okay, now this new. We need to decide because Michigan said, Nahi Cool. The case was brought to Michigan. Michigan was like, nah, we're good, Nai Cool. I don't see no reason why he can't be on the ballot. And let the people decide. That's the same way of being, like, let the little nigga play, and if they beat him, they beat him. If y'all lose, y'all lose. If he wes the bed, we go to game, he wes the bed, hes the bed. But let the people decide. You can't ever say if your school, if your team is better than their team, if your best player ain't on the field, like we don't, we don't know. Let the nigga play now as a side. If I was on that team, I was at the same practice as you was at. You gotta work just as hard as you did.
Speaker 3: Hell.
Speaker 2: I actually the tournament we lost in, I scored more points than you, and the last play was designated for me, and you shot the fucking ball and we lost. You out here blaming nothing, You out here blaming me, But none of that matters. I got a three point two GPA. Why because you can't play if you don't got a two point Oh the other eleven of us got a two point.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't understand what the yeah.
Speaker 2: You g Yeah, nobody arguing how good you are? And if I arguing that, I'm just saying you're fucking cheaty, Like I don't get what is we doing here? So if I was a Republican primary candidate, that would be my argument. I would be like, I mean, I know everybody loving, but I didn't stoke an insurrection. I look, I had sense enough to not call the Georgia election board.
Speaker 3: I didn't do that.
Speaker 2: I ain't out here slandering people, just volunteer ass workers.
Speaker 3: I didn't. That wasn't me.
Speaker 2: I followed the rules. I'm over thirty five, I'm born here, and I did not engage in insurrection. And you know the worst part about this is this is what I would say if I was a Republican candidate. On this basketball team, follow my metaphor is he's not even that good. This nigga really came who he traveled. Every time every time he pulled up to shoot, he travel This nigga plays no defense like he's not.
Speaker 3: He's not that good.
Speaker 2: I don't understand why y'all love him because you can dunk like.
Speaker 3: I don't get it.
Speaker 2: He's not a good basketball player. What is we talking about? Like, if I was a Republican, that would be my thing. The only problem is that make you look like a dick to the rest of the world. And the world is then the school as in the Republican part what you're supposed to do. And I think my favorite part of this, like I said, is the school district. Like will I'm will think about it. It's like nigga, you you'll think about it. I feel like we need to know this, don't you think this is a little bit important. We need to know if like what is the point They're like, they're just gonna vote him on anyway. They're just gonna people are just gonna they're gonna write them in any way out. You got to say something with enough time for the rest of the states. Who if the people of that state decide they want to bring this to their state courts, they need to know if if they can, because it might be a waste of air time, might be a waste of everybody else's time. Who want to vote for it the Supreme Court. If y'all decide, y'all, it's all good. Let the man run. That's it.
Speaker 3: And here's why that's so tricky.
Speaker 2: They would have to argue that his role in January sixth and all the events leading up to it don't rise to engaging an insurrection. The only problem is that's a pending court case. So if they make that call before this case, you just you've just undermined that case. That means that case is done. That means he gets to walk in and be like, well, the Supreme Court said I'm eligible because I didn't participate in this, So you need to drop all the rest of your charges. The other federal charges that are he's facing around how you gotta drop them. If they say, oh, yeah, it's cool, he could be on the ballot. If they say now he can't be on the ballot, you've also.
Speaker 3: Undermined that court case.
Speaker 2: But that court case, they're like, you're not gonna push me to move any faster than I need to move. I'm gonna move at the speed I want to move. Obviously, Trump wants to move slow, the prosecution wants them to move fast. They like, we're gonna move at the pace we need to move. We need to make sure we got this case and the case is right at the end of the day. You know what all this does. It ends democracy as we know it.
Speaker 3: Oh, nigga, why are you talking?
Speaker 2: No? Seriously, Like, think about what's happening here. If they make a move either way, you're interfering in a pending case.
Speaker 3: If the pending case.
Speaker 2: Makes whatever decision it makes, then the Supreme Court ruling about this don't matter because they've already made the case for it. If you do nothing and then all of it happens later, it doesn't matter because it's too late. Or every state decides who they're allowing to be on there. And if this nigga gets on these gets only on some of the primary ballots and others he's ruled out of, and then he loses his primary election, we're I mean, we're back at the insurrection again, because he could always argue I was cheated out of my position. Y'all didn't y'all didn't let me run. If he does it and gets on, oh he's complete. If this nigga is removed from states primaries and still wins the primary, bro, then we looking at it. We're gonna be looking at a ninth Trump term because you can't tell him nothing after that the courts can do nothing. Let's just say he wins and then the Supreme Court says, no, he's not eligible.
Speaker 3: What difference does it make. Then?
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is like, what are we gonna do? That's just the political arguments. We haven't even talking about the culture yet, which we could sum up pretty easy.
Speaker 3: Now, I want y'all to think about this.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming you're a full grown adult listening to the show, so at least the teenager. Do you remember the day. Maybe there wasn't a moment, but maybe it was like a slow roll into I know, I remember this day because my parents made it pretty clear to me when you realized authority your parents, they can't make you do anything, and the rules around keeping your room clean, doing the dishes before you go to bed, or curfew was all just that's just what they decided, and you don't have to do anything if you're willing to accept the consequences, and you could even fight the consequences, like if your parents are like you're grounded, you could be like Nigga, I leave when I feel like it. I mean, what do you mean You're gonna tie me to the wall, will lock the door lock it. Hopefully you weren't that disrespectful to your parents and you understood that they loved you.
Speaker 3: Well, hopefully your parents loved you.
Speaker 2: But the point I'm saying is when you realize, like, yo, these are just these are just agreements and I ain't gotta.
Speaker 3: I don't have to follow them. So you and you really can't do shit now.
Speaker 2: Again, Thank the Lord, we are more involved than our parents because had I had that attitude that they would beat the brakes off me, it would be a physical problem. There's something that comes with like dad strength that like, I don't care how owe that nigga is, he will beat your ass.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know, man, Like it's just so for me.
Speaker 2: It was a little different if I was willing to scrap with my dad, which I wasn't because I knew what it was. If you willing to whatever, nigga, you ain't, you can't make me do anything. I have to agree to it. So what I'm saying is culturally, you finally be like, oh, the rules don't mean nothing. If this nigga can get away with this, then the rules don't mean nothing. Now, if you're a Trump supporter, if you like, if the courts can get away with this, then your court then democracy's bullshit. Then we really don't have a choice because you could just interfere when you just don't.
Speaker 3: Like the guy.
Speaker 2: That's your position if you're over there, because you're ignoring the obvious, which is no, this nigga did do the insurrection like he did. Now, if you're on, if you're a Trump supporter and you're like, no, he did the insurrection, then your position is like I said, man, come on, come on, but he's dope. We could be winners. You want these other blowhards to win. I mean, what do you want, President DeSantis? What do you guys want? Second place and third place trophies? The ninety year old wet noodle bike? Is that what you guys want? Come on, we did a winner. Relax. Rules are made to be broken, and besides, he was justified. It was actually stolen from him. That was one could argue that was the only thils Eli right thing to do. I mean, what either way, that niggas ineligible. The question is you're gonna let him play or not? Because his history teacher ain't changing her grades. No, nigga, you failed my class math teach ain't changing its grade either. You've failed my class. Science teacher like it science teagt you're like E cool with me.
Speaker 3: That's Michigan.
Speaker 2: Either way, we all waiting on the school district poor Politics. Y'all. All right now, don't you hit stop on this pod. You better listen to these credits. I need you to finish this thing so I can get the download numbers. Okay, so don't stop it yet, but listen. This was recorded in East Lost Boyle Heights by your boy Propaganda. Tap in with me at prop hip hop dot com. If you're in the Coldbrew coffee we got Terraform Coldbrew. You can go there dot com and use promo code hood get twenty percent off get yourself some coffee.
Speaker 3: This was mixed, edited, and.
Speaker 2: Mastered by your boy Matt Alsowski killing the beat softly. Check out his website Mattowsowski dot com.
Speaker 3: I'm a spelling for you because I know M A.
Speaker 2: T T O S O W s ki dot com Matthowsowski dot com. He got more music and stuff like that on there, so gonna check out the heat. Politics is a member of cool Zone Media. Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman. Part of the iHeartMedia podcast network. Your theme music and scoring is also by the one and overly Mattowsowski. Still killing the beat softly, so listen. Don't let nobody lie to you. If you understand urban living, you understand politics. These people is not smarter than you. We'll see y'all next week
Speaker 1: Two