Speaker 1: You're listening to mess Okay, wow we're here.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, girl, what accent is that?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've just had to you know how you have to rep yourself up. You know, you will have one of those cars where you do like man, you will you be like m I had to rep myself up.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's how we do it. Yeah, thank you. Yeah, you know, I need some coffee, but I'll be okay. Yeah damn do I need some coffee?
Speaker 4: No, you don't know.
Speaker 2: You're doing great? Hey boo, what's up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Sydney, I feel like I haven't seen you all of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Oh loys, going for seven days? Just seven day?
Speaker 1: All that seven days? You was already gone for like seven days. Yeah, yeah, like seventy seven days. That's you know what, You're right all of twenty twenty five. I am a mess exclusive. I'm in a relationship. I have someone, and yes, yes I don't. I was like, I'm not doing it, but I have someone.
Speaker 3: So now I split time and so I've been split time with them me.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean it's just crazy. I don't have enough time truly, just like where does the time go?
Speaker 3: So yeah, I came back from Brazil, went to Brazil for the birthday and love that. My mess of the week is I did not post about my birthday. That was dumb because people did not call me on my actual birthday. That was my mess. I was surprised. I said, wait, what nobody called own dry? My sister called me five times.
Speaker 2: That's messy.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I people didn't call. It was I was surprised people didn't call you, and that's a mess. Yeah that was because if you don't publicize your birthday, if you don't do if you don't make a big deal, then people don't make a big deal.
Speaker 2: You have to make a big deal. That's just what it is. Like you are the leader of how you want people to celebrate you.
Speaker 1: So I well remember back in the day, like you used to put it on face Book and then everybody would just be on your wall like love me birthday and you'd be like, I got this money cabins, they love me this year.
Speaker 2: People from Facebook messaged me.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I got my sister called five times and I said, this is insane. She's like, I'm not calling for anything, just to your birthday. I'm like, but don't act like you don't call for stuff.
Speaker 2: She's like, no, I was calling Greta.
Speaker 1: And I was like, damn. So my sister called five times. At least she knew that it was my birthday. Did you not pick up four times? Or did you pick pick up time?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't pick up.
Speaker 3: She just kept calling because my phone was also on D and D. That's also a mess. D and D is a mess, but it's a productive mess because you're like, I'm putting up a boundary. I don't I don't want to, you know, engage right now.
Speaker 1: So your phone was on do not disturb, and you're mad that people didn't call you on your birthday.
Speaker 2: But your phone was on do not disturb.
Speaker 3: But people, dick, you still can call when you're on D and D because my sister called five times.
Speaker 2: Right, So you wouldn't have talked to anybody anyway. I was, you know, it depends.
Speaker 3: You know, you're right, But I would have looked and I would have called back, but there was there was no calls to call back.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you just had unlimited data when you travel?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: Originally I was like, oh, I'm not I'm trying to have my phone off so that I don't get international because when I went to Morocco, my phone bill was like full hundred some dollars.
Speaker 2: That's when I came back thatause I got paid.
Speaker 3: I got charged twelve dollars a day there ten days, plus whatever extra shit I did while it was there.
Speaker 1: You were on the Sydney was making full blown phone calls from a pyramid, like, yeah, it was on the phone right, so yeah, and not even WhatsApp the regular phone. She wasn't using What'sapp in Brazil either.
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't. I wasn't. She was like, go do it didn't go through. I was like, girl, why are you not calling me on WhatsApp?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was my girl rich No, it was stupid, but yeah it was. I did want a low key birthday, but I did make me sad that no one called. But I think it was because I was with my girlfriend. But I was like, my girlfriend doesn't supplement my friends. I still want my friends to call. Well, we all taught you in the group chat early in the morning.
Speaker 2: I don't want a text.
Speaker 5: I want to call.
Speaker 3: Everyone called me last year. I was like, what you were in the States, that's what's different. I went, I don't know you were in Puerto Rico last year? What did we call you every time? It doesn't matter where i'm you guys call me wherever I am anywhere.
Speaker 1: No, that's not true, because so I don't call you on your birthday every year because most of the birthdays I be there.
Speaker 2: We did Colla Rica.
Speaker 1: We did Costa Rica in twenty twenty two, twenty three, yes, yeah, no, twenty four you was in Puerto Rico and we called you because you were by yourself, because it was like I don't want her to get kidnapped or took or john Wick through whatever.
Speaker 2: So I had to make sure you were still alive.
Speaker 1: But did you you you're with your girl. When you're with your girl, I am leaving you alone. I'm letting you know that. I mean, I think you know that, but I'm just assuming you know that's y'all. She's you doing breakfast in bed? You know you you know croissant, a Brazilian croissant, if that's a thing, paste leo.
Speaker 2: I had a pastelo.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but I well, I think that like it's hard because it's like, yes, I'm with my girlfriend, but my girlfriend does not like my friends are more not more important, But I care about my friends just as much.
Speaker 2: Sounds like you need to bring us on the trip next year, will be there.
Speaker 3: Yes, But when we were in Costa Rica, I got I got phone calls on my birthday. So this was the first birthday I did not get phone calls and I was suprised.
Speaker 2: Surprise, surprise, Sabra. But we celebrated your birthday when you got back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, happy birthday, thank you, and everyone was saying it when they saw you when you got back.
Speaker 3: Yes, our guest today who's a close friend. I had this conversation with him before and he was like, I didn't.
Speaker 2: Call you, So it felt like that was ill.
Speaker 3: Never I will never do that again, take a trip or not post on your birthday.
Speaker 2: And then I, yeah, I don't. I know.
Speaker 3: It was like when you ain't got no hoes. It felt like that. That's what it felt like.
Speaker 1: But maybe people work on you. They just wasn't going through. No I could see no calls on my birthday. Well your phone doesn't work international for sure?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 5: Wow wow?
Speaker 2: Were your phone goes ghosts?
Speaker 3: That's crazy in Jamaica and Jamaica every every time you in Thailand.
Speaker 1: I've called you, No, Jamaica. My phone worked when I was on the Wi Fi. My phone always works on the Wi Fi. And that Verizon is mess so period except ex it.
Speaker 2: What's your mess?
Speaker 5: Mary?
Speaker 2: My mess is also family related? I don't what was your mess? Family related?
Speaker 1: No, my friends are my family. So yeah, okay, okay, my message family related. My cousin got married last weekend and my mom did not go to the wedding. My mom didn't go to the wedding, and she made a whole big, dramatic thing about it and then tried to act like it wasn't a big deal when I spoke to.
Speaker 2: Her about it yesterday. Who he shit and so dramatic.
Speaker 1: So my cousin is my mom's nephew on my aunt's side, So my mom and his mom are sisters, and my aunt, you know, this is her her son getting married, her baby. So she got like a gold dress and silver shoes, and she got her hair done. It was a wig, but she, you know, she spent her like they spent money and whatever. And she was talking to my mom and my mom was like, I couldn't find something new to wear, so I'm just gonna wear a dress that I have, and my aunt was like, oh.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, calls my dad.
Speaker 1: Messy, calls my dad and it's like, I can't believe she didn't get a new dress for the wedding, Like, you know, if I'm going to wedding, I'm gonna dress up and I want to look good. And my dad was like, oh yeah, I can't believe that either. And then as soon as my mom got home, my dad was like, let me tell you what your sister said on the phone.
Speaker 2: Dad is mess. Mess. The auntie man mess. Auntie mess. Dad definitely mess.
Speaker 1: And but the way that my aunt explained it to me, she was like, well, your mom works really hard and she doesn't spend any money on herself.
Speaker 2: She deserves a nice note, does she does? She tell dad that. I'm sure she said that to my dad like that.
Speaker 1: And then because he wasn't invited to the wedding, Oh he wasn't invited, Mom didn't tell him.
Speaker 2: Oh, so it's the whole thing is mass. So that's what I'm saying. When my aunt called to talk to him about the wedding, my dad was like.
Speaker 4: What wedding?
Speaker 2: Now that that's so mess. This is a layer.
Speaker 1: This is a panini layered of mess that yeah, panini press mess, Panini press mess souh. You know, my dad was just itching to tell my mom what my aunt said, and I'm sure he added extra adjectives to the story, right, And so he told he was like, yeah, she said, you don't have nothing new to wear, oh bitch. And my mom was like, well, I guess I'm not going to the wedding because they're not about to be looking at me like I'm homeless at this wedding and I don't need nobody talking about me. So this is the night before the wedding, my mom decides this. Me and my sister are like, what if we send you a uber? What if we send you a car? My Mom's like, I won't be there, no thanks, And she didn't come. Then I'm talking to her on the phone like it's gonna be mad Haitians at this wedding. You know, they're gonna look crazy, like it's gonna be mad aunties and uncles, they gonna look wild, like just show up. And my mom was like no, and it was like such a beautiful wedding. My cousin like was sad that she wasn't there. But like you had such a nice time, and it was like we're getting you're getting older, we're getting older, Like this is the time to like be free and do what you want. And instead you're just like mad that this dress that would have looked great at the wedding. You're mad, dad, She said that it wasn't new girl girl.
Speaker 3: I mean, but as somebody who I feel your mom on it, because it's like yo, trying to find an outfit is so annoying and stressful and depending on like how you're feeling, and so you're like, oh, I already got something. I'm gonna bring that. And then somebody makes a comment that something you were probably already like stressed out about. You're like, you know what, fuck it, I don't need it, I don't need to come whatever. Nobody don't see me. My presence was a present goodbye, and so yeah, I would have went anyway, but she didn't. It already like messed up her mental and I'm sure your mother was like ego about it, like goodbye, y'all have fun now.
Speaker 1: And then the next day my aunt was at my mother's house and they were talking like nothing happened, missed the whole wedding, missed the whole wedding, but like had a card for my cousin with money and it Like, girl, you could have just came to the wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you didn't want to come.
Speaker 3: What's cousin Andrews the vemo so we can send cinema gift, Cindema wedding gift. But congratulations, brother, we have another reason to celebrate today, Yes we do.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited, so happy.
Speaker 3: Fabulous guests in the studio, the best, the best, I mean, you were unofficial expert of the unofficial expert, truly one of the stars of Abbot Elementary, one of the stars. Yes, and all number seven on the call, all all all things theater and plays and greatness.
Speaker 2: Larry Owens is in the building and.
Speaker 1: The building, the building.
Speaker 4: I just put gum with that moment.
Speaker 2: That's a mess. Yeah, chewing chewing gum, chewing on the pod.
Speaker 5: You don't yet, I know, doing around no respect.
Speaker 3: You're gonna swallow it, you swallow it? Yeah, you're not. You truly can't chew on the past.
Speaker 1: Crazy get that you needed you making me swallows crazy?
Speaker 2: Swallow?
Speaker 1: Are you saying that this is not your your mother?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 2: Seconds whoa.
Speaker 4: You got Okay, that's my phone charger.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I sort of kicked it out of the plug at twenty person, I can get down the road.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I mean if you need to do it, just at any point, we could do it and put it on put it on airplane mode.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just don't need this live camera to see me sort of plugging in an the bias.
Speaker 2: Give me your phone. Take that gum off, the loose gum off.
Speaker 3: You have gum for later on the phone, Larry.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of mess going on, this whole thing.
Speaker 4: Actually, yes, an invoice from iHeart.
Speaker 1: Yes, you break it, you buy it, break it, you buy it.
Speaker 5: I can reach it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: And you know who didn't do this when they came to I heeart Riah car Sure didn't quen remove them?
Speaker 5: Yeah right here? Yeah, yeah, I don't really need to Wikipedia anything.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: I know everything about you too, Yeah, okay, you know everything.
Speaker 2: Okay, Middle, you're putting more gum in your mouth.
Speaker 1: This is chaos, This is truly Wow. I can't believe we're off the rails.
Speaker 2: This put more don't come out?
Speaker 5: Whoa?
Speaker 2: We said?
Speaker 3: You know it's crazy because the title now the pod truly becoming the titles every.
Speaker 4: Time you want to be in the studio with us.
Speaker 1: You got it, Maria carric Ma, Malary car Larry, They're going to when you post this on Patreon, eventually they're going to see it.
Speaker 4: Yes, this is edits, which is why I didn't want to bend over.
Speaker 1: Okay, Larry, do you have any thoughts on what you heard so far from the first half?
Speaker 5: The first of all, congratulations chef Drew, Drew cousin Drew, I really do, I know everything.
Speaker 4: And Drew is just what an upstanding man.
Speaker 2: He is so good, a good man.
Speaker 5: We're just really happy for your family movie. And we're actually really happy to hear about the inner workings of Mets.
Speaker 4: Sort of the mess that made you so that is maybe is sort.
Speaker 2: Of king of the mess. You're princess mass Yeah, isn't your genetic.
Speaker 5: It's I love to hear that. And honestly, like, there's nothing like good petty mess.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, the.
Speaker 5: Petty or the mess actually kind of like the better. It tastes like a little or dirt. Yeah, you know what I mean. You get like a little like caviar chip with crem fresh. You like, that's like, you know, when the mess is small, now the global mess is less funny.
Speaker 2: Well, the global mess is people are dying every day. Everything was a dress, right.
Speaker 1: The petite mess is like this is.
Speaker 2: I love your mom.
Speaker 3: So I when you when you were texting me this, I was like, wait, okay, like I don't want a feelings to be heard.
Speaker 4: Also, she kind of needs this small drama.
Speaker 5: This is what makes her indie film of her life, like after a twenty four films.
Speaker 4: Dress dress, you know what I mean, he's already doing it. Yeah, I got a time child.
Speaker 5: I can't know new projects okay, Yeah, we can't nothing up off the side of the road.
Speaker 2: You know, is that what you call me?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: You know that film is going to be gorgeous.
Speaker 5: That's going to take five years to bring it from and I charge you with that. And in regards to your mess, yeah, hiding oneself is mess.
Speaker 4: I did the same thing one birthday.
Speaker 5: I didn't post and then I found myself inside with you know, my you know, my my move your musicals being like where's the fanfare? And mind you, the fanfare is out there even if we think we don't need it, because it's actually not about vanity or ego, Like I did try to explain this to you because you.
Speaker 2: Were like wait, you were like you know, you were like, wait, but I don't calling you.
Speaker 5: I was, Oh, but yes, It's like it's actually an acknowledgment that this life is tough as fuck and like your body, no matter what the fuck you think happened, went through three hundred and sixty five days like everybody else, and we're just gonna acknowledge and celebrate that, and like it kind of spiritually needs to be done because and you don't get to the world alone.
Speaker 1: And the birthday, the birthday day is so nice because it's like people that you haven't spoken to in weeks, months, maybe since your day, they pop back up and they're like hey, and I like calling people on their birthdays because I know that they're busy, so the calls.
Speaker 2: Will be shure, Yeah, how you doing today, Happy birthday? Don't want to hold you, gotta go.
Speaker 4: Exactly, And that's what you wanted to feel.
Speaker 5: You wanted to feel like like even just one would have been one versus zero. Now happened zero was fucked up feeling Yeah, but it was exactly what you asked for. Who but going away to.
Speaker 4: A foreign country with the park and not posting on social media.
Speaker 2: Shoot me up.
Speaker 5: Volition you chose, yeah, volition, Yeah, down into the mic Hey positive for both. It's so delicious. Let's keep it small. Let's keep it smallst keep it unimportant, and then acknowledge ourselves like it's gonna feel tough. Like it's like life is mess like it's messy, which means that you know, every cooking has clean up. So if you're gonna enjoy the food, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Larry owen.
Speaker 1: The video camera, but you're all around, maybe you're on Every cooking has a clean up.
Speaker 5: Now you enjoy the food, you have a writer up and you also have to there's a.
Speaker 1: Little creative there's reads out loud. Now you hear it now, Larry, I love you now, Larry? What what?
Speaker 2: What? What is your mess?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: My mess is it's it's I don't.
Speaker 2: Didn't pare a mess?
Speaker 1: Okay, chewing gum didn't bring mess?
Speaker 4: Is my mess? Like truly like having to arrive here.
Speaker 5: And like both like put like my voice into this thing. And also now we go on camera, so like now like look amazing?
Speaker 4: Do I look?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: All right? So and then you know you just go off the dome.
Speaker 5: You know, it's it's wild and yeah, I do think you know, some people with microphones, not the girls in this room, are responsible for a lot of the collapse of society. Can you have all the cards? It really democratized. We used to have to get cleared and pass a step up on stage and like hold attention. Not anymore, people just recline. I don't want to go negative on the.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, you're going no, that is my mess.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, no, no, Your negative in that house is hilarious. That's another type of the pot. Now you could do both, though you can you go in and out.
Speaker 5: No, but my mess is that, like I like, I'm like, I want to lean into the mess of it and like not even choose.
Speaker 2: Your episode will be the messiest one we've ever Yes, we do. Yeah, the episode.
Speaker 4: We love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, inside the Messa verse, Well I will I will say this because we are close.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: You don't like podcasting yourself because you don't want to reveal you're vulnerable.
Speaker 5: No, don't want to do anything actually for the Wikipedia. Yeah is gay?
Speaker 4: I like that?
Speaker 1: Also a great titles gay.
Speaker 5: Actually really love it.
Speaker 2: That's all your Wikipedia said, I think.
Speaker 5: I haven't been, but like there's like a personal life, you know, and it's like let's look up.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I love Wow. It doesn't need to be too much. I mean, I don't want to have to scroll too much to see things.
Speaker 5: No, No, it's it's definitely like it's an amazing like way of getting the audiences. Like you two are the best at the form, like the joy and like the surprising moment and the guessing the relationship between you two, Like it's so like.
Speaker 4: You were actually like you know, on the pioneering end of it.
Speaker 1: So of this art, your heart a bitch pioneers.
Speaker 4: I'm so Julie on my back.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: So the one thing about podcasting for you, you don't want to give extra because you already gave so much like in real life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like, you know, like the work really I love the work speaking for itself. Like I'm so interested in people's work in their process, and I think that that's so generous of artists to give over and so then to like give over more. It's like we actually have people doing these jobs now, you know, influencers and reality stars, like they don't make art.
Speaker 4: So you know, have them.
Speaker 2: Die influencers and reality stars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like let's talk about that, right, Like can we talk about reality stars? Which ones anyone that you want to talk about? Because you are you are a reality TV fan?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I watched I watched Salt Lake. I just finished that reunion.
Speaker 2: Did you watch the Salt Lake When Mary Mary is good?
Speaker 4: Mary's coming back? You don't even Marry.
Speaker 2: Mary took the cake. She took the cake.
Speaker 5: It's Mary's arc Marie, Like just from Mary alone, she left for a little bit. Don't have to watch that, Yeah, but from like watch season one where she's like, what, like, what the hell am I doing on TV? And then she comes back after her little break. She knows what she's doing on TV.
Speaker 3: Okay, which is very beautiful to see because now everyone gets on reality and they know they're in reality TV, and they're like are they already picked?
Speaker 2: Oh, who I'm going to be?
Speaker 1: And it's already it's too calculated, calculated, and they're preoccupied, and it's like, where's the funny.
Speaker 5: You're not leaving any room for what actually being a housewife is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what the beast, that's the monster of the housewives, right. The first seasons of it, it was like legit women, just you know that have money, and we're doing their own makeup, and we're wearing stuff from Barney's or Bloomingdale's or Sacks or whatever, coals.
Speaker 2: And maybe not coals.
Speaker 1: And they were just saying funny things and being like going to events and having a good time. And now it's like I'm trying to sell a wine, I'm trying to get a spin off, I'm trying to start.
Speaker 2: My own wig line, and it's like they're trying to sell a brand.
Speaker 5: Salt Lake Works because it is this weird microcosm, like they're kind of secluded, like and nothing else going on in Salt Lake besides kind of the petty mess, right, and then they also have this backdrop of religion and like Marianda Church and a lot of them are Mormons. Like that also just kind of gives a little, you know, a little specificity. Like now the coastal ones are a little too wide. It's like the New York girls wouldn't be in the same room. Not in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Now I'm so upset. I'm so upset that they let New York go like this. I'm so it was so fun before Derenda, Ramona Luan Sonya, like those those witch just came in there, like I don't care what anybody thinks. We're gonna be racist, We're gonna be stupid. I'm gonna be bad with money. My house got a lean on it. Whatever, let's go. My house got a lean on it.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 4: I know they they were, they were so good.
Speaker 5: I think New York reached a tipping point where it was like, you're out of tricks now, those that set of women. But I feel like there was something that they could have done to just shake that set up or like same same series that's like like have like a little fifteen minutes manhat fifteen minutes Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: Like something something time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, girl slowly introduced some girls who like actually know each other. Yeah, and it's meant to be different. But yeah, it's a shame. It's a shame.
Speaker 3: Nobody has a memorable line. Give me the like, no, like watch Niini Leaks and come back, take a class, do.
Speaker 4: Something emblematic of culture.
Speaker 5: Me was spilling her well from hanging out with some good old black gays in Atlanta. So when you aren't getting Nani Leaks and I know that between black women and queer black men there's a cultural exchanged. Chicken egg, I know who started it.
Speaker 2: You don't know, we don't know.
Speaker 1: It's the black woman because they gave birth to the black man, okay.
Speaker 4: Or it's the black gays have to defy the black women. It's homophobia.
Speaker 1: No, no, you wouldn't be here.
Speaker 5: If it wasn't for a black woman woman as a black man. Only my privilege, I'll concede. Okay, okaymen, yeah, make it easy. But I hear what you're saying exactly, but saying that Nemi is bringing that to her reads.
Speaker 4: Reading.
Speaker 5: Shade came from reading. Reading came first. This is a quote from Paris is Burning. And then we have in the mid twenty tens, white people saying she's shading her. You don't shade anyone, You throw shade.
Speaker 2: Okay to teach.
Speaker 5: And Hires built off Atlanta, popped it Jersey for the table who.
Speaker 3: Prostitution, whror horror, eyebrows non existent. That's forehead on zero negative head.
Speaker 2: Great, great title. I'll take that. Yeah, I wish for that. That's one of my for sure.
Speaker 5: You know, but Mary Mary learned organically. Mary like she came, she kind of fell in her face. Were like, you're so weird and she could have crumbled, but she came back weirder than ever, like leaning. And then the season with her her son's addiction, just like.
Speaker 3: The love that, but not love addiction. But they love when you are vulnerable. They love it when they know you.
Speaker 5: Are actually remarkable, because you would think from three seasons of Salt Lake that Mary can't you know, I can't be there from for someone like you kind of doubt her as a spiritual leader, and she actually did. She practiced what she each in that moment. No me, I'm a synec I'm watching I'm like production cut, voiceover cut, like the match, look at the wine classes. I'm not really watching reality with my heart open. But you know, Mary got a little got me a little misty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't have the journey fun.
Speaker 3: No, she did because it was like I was like, I don't have a son, but I've dealt with addiction. And where she where she was coming from, I was like, that's what he needs, he needs that. I was like, yes, this is exactly how you're supposed to look at it.
Speaker 2: Damn, I don't I don't watch something but if you there, there's clips on it. There's clips. I did watch Secret Life of Mormons? Is that was? What was that? The show Mormons of what are the sex Lives of?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I watched a couple of episodes of that.
Speaker 1: They all look the same and they right, yeah, they all have the same extensions.
Speaker 2: They go to the same lady they go to. It's the same place. They all soaking together, you know, yeah, soaking.
Speaker 4: We all know this.
Speaker 5: That's TikTok. Yeah, there's no other reason. Yeah, people just be like soaking throwing it out there. You didn't learn it from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I had a show the other day and there was a couple in the audience, but there was a person sitting between them, and I was like, why aren't y'all not sitting next to each other? And the guy was like, we're Mormon. And I was like, oh, is the friend in the middle of the one that shakes the bed? Everybody laughed, and the people who didn't laugh, I said, oh, y'all not on sick took.
Speaker 2: I don't know about the Mormon.
Speaker 5: But then, okay, let's talk a little about so TikTok was that was my original number one that was coming here.
Speaker 2: That was your mess is mess.
Speaker 5: It had a stronghold on me. It was gripping my brain cells.
Speaker 2: So why is it mess? What's on it or what it's done to you?
Speaker 5: I think what it's done to the country, what it's done to entertainment, to the idea of the entertainment industry, and yeah, like what it does to our attend like to art, Like we don't understand that this value time we spend on there is the time that like we need to be using for powder revolution.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, but that's what they're but they're doing. But they believe that they're doing the revolution on the TikTok and.
Speaker 4: You can't and you can't do it like.
Speaker 2: They say they're doing the work here. You like, you can't. You can only free Palestine while you're on the t t feting.
Speaker 5: Into you're feeling into the oppressor as you do. It's like it's hard. Obviously there's no like ethical consumption, but like you can literally get your news, organization, entertainment elsewhere, you know what I mean. This isn't like the one grocery store in the hood. This is what you're doing with your time. And really it was just like having it be taken away and then giving back as a gift from the pident. Oh, I will never be grateful. I will like thank you, Like this can't be a gift giving it back.
Speaker 2: The propaganda of it all.
Speaker 1: It was like, we're going to work with President Trump to be back soon hopefully.
Speaker 2: And then it went away for like ten minutes minutes it was.
Speaker 1: And then they got back and they were like rejoicing President Trump and.
Speaker 2: It was like he hasn't even become president.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they were like, you know what, we're gonna get on red Note, We're gonna learn Mandarin. And I was like, you can't read.
Speaker 5: You don't want manifest I was like, was like, I did not know. It was so fast on Commonist. It was like that was a jump. It was sound right over Socialism. They're like, go for it. This is crazy.
Speaker 1: It stressed me out for shoot, at the moment, I was like, because I didn't want people to think like, oh, I don't want TikTok because I don't want people get money, because obviously people are using it for marketing and getting their audience, and I love that they're going. But at the moment that I was like, it's almost gonna it's gonna be gone.
Speaker 2: Fuck, maybe we'll get back to like how it used to be, like.
Speaker 3: Being you know, connected and not so focused on being perceived and putting ourselves in this marketing bubble.
Speaker 2: That's what I was excited. I was like, Okay, maybe we'll.
Speaker 3: Just start existing that That's what I was excited for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, serve a double edged sword because the access and reach of it is so great. Obviously, like anyone anywhere can post a video and it could in minutes be seen by millions of people. But I think just as thinking people, and I'm only talking to thinking people now. If you're making now if you're if you're a contrarian, if you are, it's not a rd ass if you're a butt, but but if you're a Devil's advocate, like.
Speaker 4: Please jez the room, Yeah it acrs.
Speaker 5: They're thinking person, just like ask yourself, like if something is easily given, how easy is it to take away? And so we actually saw that in those fourteen hours. It's like all these people's livelihood, the people were depending on that they got from this very relative, you know, accessible medium was then able to be taken away and all the benefits.
Speaker 1: And they did it early they were like, on the nineteenth, it is going to go. And then on the eighteenth and Tampion people were like.
Speaker 2: What it's gone, It's like, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Doct They said, we're trying to get out of here early. Let's just unplug it, lug it now so I can go home to my wife.
Speaker 5: That's going. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I haven't posted on i G at all year.
Speaker 2: It's hard all year.
Speaker 4: I know, I'm really trying to upstate.
Speaker 1: Why Sydney on her birthday?
Speaker 5: Well, when I deleted TikTok, I did read seven books in two weeks.
Speaker 2: Shut up? Yeah, wait, seven real books.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's various sizes.
Speaker 2: But you were you're a reader before that, so don't even do that.
Speaker 5: But why couldn't I hold the sentence when I'm going four hours of talk? Why?
Speaker 2: Why can't I? Why can I?
Speaker 5: Why? Through them holding the bone? I dropped the phone from here to my.
Speaker 3: Face, glasses on my nose, on everything right on the Jackson five.
Speaker 2: It's true, it's happened to all of us.
Speaker 5: And watching what I can't tell you? I can't tell you? Why then something I can't tell you?
Speaker 2: Okay? That was the test being tested by the tt T.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I just really wanted to reclaim, honestly, my focus. I wanted to reclaim like my own internal voice, and I wanted to reclaim just like how I think about my art being positioned in the world.
Speaker 1: But you're a genius though, like you're like you're not like an average person.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: First of all, thank you, wow, Okay, whoa. And second of all, I think that we all are more engaged in alert than we give ourselves credit for. And that's what TikTok does. It allows us to undermine our intelligence. That's what Fox News does, That's what CNN does, That's what the right conservative edge is trying to do. They're trying to take people to their lowest common denominator, not to the part of themselves. It says, oh, wait, we actually can create enough renewable energy in six months to sustain us and we never have to worry about ol again. Oh if we just simply have like the emotional conversation about the blight of slavery on our peoples and we learn how to rehabilitate the white psyche after hundreds of years of faux idea of privilege, and then.
Speaker 4: Well you know what I mean, introduced the coexistence.
Speaker 2: Have you still off TikTok?
Speaker 1: He can't, he can't redownload it, he's not on I don't know, but you can use it on the laptop.
Speaker 4: Wait, is this true? Way I can't get back on it.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, if you deleted it, delet didn't get back well for me, thank you.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, and listen to my practice and no I did.
Speaker 3: I mean I feel what you're saying, because that's why I like, I've been struggling. I was like an online person and I've been struggling because I was like, yo.
Speaker 2: I'm so caught up.
Speaker 1: I'm so caught up with like how I want to put stuff out?
Speaker 2: How nomn how side so much? How it was it was not for fun.
Speaker 5: These things used to be fund out purely fun, and they weren't coming for the government. I had downloaded the back you know, if it was a load of you know, little little something something.
Speaker 4: But no, it's too much.
Speaker 5: We were okay, So I before not posting everyone on Instagram, I actually unarchived all of my posts. Yeah, right before the end of twenty twenty four, so December, I was like, oh, it's like y'all on archive and I.
Speaker 2: Went, you know, I came for you when you archived exactly. It was like, I was like, what's it's a different time.
Speaker 4: It's a different time.
Speaker 5: It was it was taking that transition from personal to purely professional to you know, completely corporatized. We watched that happen in seven years. We watched Instagram, so the fore mother to TikTok, the like what we spend hours on.
Speaker 4: We watched it, watched it be so fun.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, people used to post grainy photos of food and put a weird filter on.
Speaker 4: But I was on our memes.
Speaker 2: The themes were like.
Speaker 5: I'm taking a photo of your hat right now, and been like ooring is my favorite color, and thirteen likes to skip down the streets thirteen likes and all to look dot on the train and like is and that's that's it, you know what I mean. That's like a photo cataloging thing, and now it's just so far from that.
Speaker 4: But it used to be so fun.
Speaker 5: And I understand, like our are that we want to connect, like that's the most human thing ever. And I understand that the phone makes it seem like the mirage literal glass and light. It makes it seem like we're connected with each other, but nothing is that substantial social media.
Speaker 2: Social media. They're like, yeah, I have one hundred thousand friends, and it's like.
Speaker 3: Do you know because when it was my actual birthday, the niggas didn't talk.
Speaker 2: I have a sister.
Speaker 5: I have it.
Speaker 2: I legit have a sister.
Speaker 3: That's why I have no my brother didn't call, and I talked to my brother more, which is I.
Speaker 2: Was like, this is something's not adding up AnyWho?
Speaker 3: Yes, I agree, I think that, Like, uh, I actually want to take it all the way back to my space. That's yeah, I's coding.
Speaker 4: We didn't even know.
Speaker 2: I want the dollar, the dollar sign to rotate the.
Speaker 5: Top eight, kind of like American's model Core. Yeah, it's choosing now. Can you imagine it's choosing eight people? And I will up there. I don't want to imagine image.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to. I don't want to have to think about it.
Speaker 5: But actually, you know what I want that what he I am? What at a computer? Chat with you at a computer?
Speaker 1: I want to put an away message up and people be like, gir, what you're doing over there?
Speaker 5: Exactly exactly what would your way message be?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 2: They had the away message now on Instagram.
Speaker 4: I don't like it, not I need more.
Speaker 2: My way message right now would be in the stew with my boot.
Speaker 5: It's actually really good, but it's like head, it's to the stew so we would tell them it was such a gorgeous communication. You could be doing something talk and talking to six people at once, long sentences.
Speaker 2: But that's what texting is right now, like.
Speaker 5: Much with the device, because why are you getting your communication from me from the same place that you get your videos?
Speaker 2: And you and you want the separation in your email and your email because you just.
Speaker 4: Parasympathetically.
Speaker 5: I believe that we feel the energy of like all the power that our device holds, even if we don't confront.
Speaker 4: It all the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, So now that you don't have any social media on.
Speaker 1: Your phone on Instagram, I scrolled, Oh you're just not posting it, no.
Speaker 5: Posts, and I'm scrolling less because of this diet.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I forgot what my question was because it turned out I was wrong.
Speaker 4: What was it?
Speaker 2: Oh, you were going to say, Oh, how how are you spending your time?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: How do you?
Speaker 1: I mean you said you read seven books in two weeks. Need to see the episod of these books. Did they look like the gum packet.
Speaker 3: That's fine, we'll post we'll post the books that you read. We'll put it on the Yeah, but you're still post it on the fence.
Speaker 5: No, I don't even like that no more the fence to ry. Everybody quiet wants to.
Speaker 2: Be popping, really giving, like, oh, now I know.
Speaker 4: You because you want to show the front.
Speaker 2: They don't want to. It's crazy because you well, because it's the leaks.
Speaker 1: You can't trust people. People are inside of it now and it's like, yo, you can't just keep it, like even if you do know, don't let howther people know that?
Speaker 2: You know? Like, why are you doing that?
Speaker 3: That sucks up the whole reason why we're doing fincedown, that's the whole point.
Speaker 2: How do we feel about close friends closes?
Speaker 5: I love being on it. There's a few green bubbles that I love and I'm not even close with these people.
Speaker 1: But oh every time somebody asks me to their close friends still, now I'd be like.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 5: But yeah, there are two closes, and I'm just like just happy to see these people go, you know, like like some like some twenties, they're still in their twenties and they're like having fun. I'm like, wait, this is what this is what I would be doing if I was Keatsy, Like I'm in my I'm in my transition.
Speaker 4: I'm not dad, but I'm like giving young Dad.
Speaker 2: You're giving young Dad.
Speaker 5: I think my voice like, I'm like, hey, you still sound like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, dam's fucked up.
Speaker 2: No, I think it's you're not on d T.
Speaker 3: You got such a serious you know it goes with the button now, but it's like.
Speaker 5: Chair she was whispering, Well yeah, but you probably lean in just a little bit and just say something right.
Speaker 2: That the thing.
Speaker 1: But that's also about being celebrity though I think, you know, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: I think that like, you know, that's but that's celebrity.
Speaker 3: That's the difference between TikTok is, Like people want to be famous, but they don't need to be a celebrity. They're like, I'm going to be in this bonnet. I didn't wash my face. I'm saying what I want.
Speaker 2: I went by.
Speaker 4: TikTok is a mess. TikTok loves when you're down.
Speaker 2: When you're down bad, when you're spiraling.
Speaker 4: You have a bond.
Speaker 5: There's something wrong with black culture. From the hood Baltimore City. But they want that. They definitely will take that over glam any day.
Speaker 2: They want to make up smeared, they want mess that.
Speaker 5: They want that that or fresh Valentino every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like like what what lane are you in?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: TikTok.
Speaker 1: They also love the like well put together, like good life, hair is always done, get ready with me.
Speaker 2: They also love.
Speaker 5: That consumer culture when someone's like my day and they like opened a drawer of like things packages and they put that on top of another product like they do.
Speaker 1: And then they have the TikTok shop like my links and it's like okay, okay, it's like these.
Speaker 2: Glasses from TikTok shop. No I actually got from. No I got this from.
Speaker 1: I went to Keangle store and they were yeah Jackson.
Speaker 2: No, I think they both they both yeah, I would say, but whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think like the selling everything everybody's selling ship on there.
Speaker 5: Now. He's supposed to be good word and he's supposed to be like, I'm really good at this thing.
Speaker 4: It's not like I do this one thing only and you will you know what I mean. It's like it.
Speaker 5: There was a moment I was dancing around, like what My participation on that website was like as a person who like, as a person do you mean? And I was just like, ultimately, I like an anti niche, like a comedian who say, like, that's like, but both are niches. It's two and one, you know what I mean. It's like I'm an actor who's black, you know what I mean. So it's like I'm not just like wipeway of the mind. Like it's like so it's it's just it just requires such single mindedness.
Speaker 1: My tactic for TikTok now is just throwing everything at the wall and whatever.
Speaker 2: Stick sticks.
Speaker 4: You're amazing, You're like, I'm just saying comedian to the bone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just like yeah. But like the stuff is does really well.
Speaker 1: And then a lot of the stuff recently is just like okay, dude, it's nobody on TikTok I think it's algorithmic racism. Algorithmic racism, thank you.
Speaker 5: But and so that's like a little bit of like the invisible insipid stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 1: If I was blond and skinny and had blue eyes and my dad was like a judge or something, I would be in a poppy commercial.
Speaker 4: Right now. I think you're gonna be a poppy commercial.
Speaker 5: Now, TikTok wants you to think that you need all those things a person. That means it's working. This is not funny, y'all, but it is.
Speaker 1: They're getting there fighting the tiktoctors to the Grammys. They inviting them to the They're in Super Bowl ads, like.
Speaker 2: At the mec Gala. They at the met Gala, Like what table? Who sponsored a table for you? But they're there. I mean, they're they're entertainers. They deserve it.
Speaker 3: I've sat and watched it, you know, a seventeen part thing on like you know, my brother slept with my sister and now they got a baby together, and you.
Speaker 2: Know, I'm going to the I'm going to the birthday of the baby. Like what do the baby look like? Show me a phone with the baby now.
Speaker 3: But like I watched them, like okay, like this is it'll be more compelling.
Speaker 1: This some of the stuff that I see on TV. And I'm like, you'll crazy. Remember Marisa Tisasa. She was like a forty seven part series. I don't even know what the final count was, but everybody like all over the.
Speaker 5: World was Yeah, it was episodic.
Speaker 3: But you think that like you're special, Like there was a moment where you're like, oh, you're special and like nobody else had this has happened to and there was a moment where everything that's out there is like there's only a few of it. Now, It's like I don't feel that way, Like I think that I'm funny. I know there's nobody's like me. The things that happened to me happened to me, and then there's me. But then I get on TikTok and I'm like, girl, there's millions of people crazy. Shit is I'm not comparing. I'm just this is a fact.
Speaker 5: But you aren't comparing by virtue, by virtue looking at other people relationship to your art.
Speaker 4: No, it's just like why do your TikTok? Was my life changed? Like what do I do? It's like I literally just.
Speaker 5: Like don't think about other people who like, you know, work all day to make thirty second clips when I write, you know, plays.
Speaker 2: I create art.
Speaker 4: I don't think about the art, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like and just yeah, I just really understand that, Like oh my gosh, Like I'm on the Mess podcast. It's like this is plenty of attention. You know what I mean like I get to be a part of like abb Elementary, Like that's plenty of attention.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: It's like why why if this thing that I'm using for fun makes me feel like I'm not doing something enough? And that's for everyone. That's for like, like if you are an artist at a record label, they're like, get on TikTok and so you have a record deal and you make me read music and play the piano and they're telling you to.
Speaker 2: Like get but about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, you don't sound like Monique, but your Monique in a blazer right now?
Speaker 4: Every time, you know, I'm always on her side.
Speaker 2: Yeah side, Yeah, I'm like yeah.
Speaker 5: That was probably like one where I was like, okay, I'm gonna give you know, Shannon got one. But like generally, yeah, I'm very much a line with my bottom my stuff.
Speaker 2: I love that. Thank you for sharing, Larry.
Speaker 3: What do you do for fun? Like that has nothing to do with comedy theater?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Work, work, reading? What else? What else are we doing? Is the reading? The fun?
Speaker 5: The reading is really fun. And I do go to the library a lot.
Speaker 2: They know you your part is platinum. You're a platinum library.
Speaker 5: Do you know your public library that line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why podcast that line? I want to leaning in for library.
Speaker 1: To Yes, we don't we need the library, give it to us what is happening there because we will. Famously, Carrie Bradshaw was trying to get married in that library and she did get stood up.
Speaker 2: In that life, it did not happen. So one stuff does happen.
Speaker 5: A yeah, I know, I know go to the patients afforded to when I go to a different one. But yeah, I know there's a guy who, like it was definitely a skeezer who sits at this one desk every time. And if like a girl sits across from like a young like student girl, he will watch like a weird sort of SMR video of their type. So if she's Asian, it'll be an Asian girl like combing her hair. It feels and I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Are you going to step in or not? No, Okay, I don't.
Speaker 5: Really know if it is, but you hear what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I do. But that's the just between me and you is like.
Speaker 3: I need to know if I'm going to the library all the time, I'm most likely going to get involved that I know.
Speaker 2: I know, I see her a lot. What's going on is that her?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's so old and scary, honestly, Like, I don't think that you would be old and gary.
Speaker 2: I'm those together?
Speaker 4: I know, Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: You can push him over, you can blow on you fall.
Speaker 5: I guess I haven't really said anything because libry is kind of a silent place, like you don't really talk anyway.
Speaker 2: Well I don't.
Speaker 3: That's the thing, Like, now I don't know what we should be doing because people are so used to putting their phone up or like telling a story about something that happened that it's like why you didn't call the cops or why you didn't get involved? So now we don't know what.
Speaker 4: But what is the line?
Speaker 5: What is the line of the vigilante in twenty twenty five is if it's phone enough, you just recorded and you know that's it, You got it.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's certain situations you can't do anything except record or stand and bear witness. I saw a video the other day a shark jumped into a boat with all of these white.
Speaker 2: Dudes and it was like flanling around.
Speaker 1: It had all these little razor sharp teeth and they're all like who and like shooting it and laughing, and people were like why would they just let it suffocate on the boat, And everyone in the comments was like, have you ever tried to pick up a shark?
Speaker 2: How are you supposed to get in there? And it's flailing and flash Like.
Speaker 1: Comment section is mass, but the comments sometimes is the best part of the medium, because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was I remember there was like a shark following a seal. The seal jumped on the boat and the seal was like and but then people were trying to push the seal.
Speaker 2: It's like, what the fuck is wrong with you? Save this seal?
Speaker 1: And they were like, well, we don't want this seal on this boat. Also, the shark is coming at it because the seals here what it wants. But also the seal didn't put in for the boat. It's true, and that is real Housewives bright there.
Speaker 4: Com like like.
Speaker 5: After the Super Bowl performance, it's like you would never everyone was sitting in the stadium watch having opinions. No one could walk up to Kendrick and tell him, you know what I mean, whatever opinion.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter, it's it's all not comment.
Speaker 5: Is now in a Wall Street Journal article and that reading someone's nonsense yep. And because people say it now it's fact, and it's like people because we'll say anything anonymously. Oh.
Speaker 1: My favorite thing is when you talk to somebody and you're like, I read this article that said and it's like, no, you watched a TikTok.
Speaker 2: TikTok is a new reading if you didn't. So I read this article the other day. I don't remember where it was. It was on TikTok.
Speaker 5: My my like verification of my new sources has also got up. I will say, like, I just have to go to trusted new sources.
Speaker 2: Where what's the truth piece?
Speaker 5: You know? I mean, we're all around, We're all around. We hear Wall Street Journal. I already mentioned them.
Speaker 3: Plug is some of the fact that it well, AP is a mess because they had these girls interviewing people and they were interviewing baby Pace, the Kenneth babyface Yes, and they pushed him to decide to have chuck up.
Speaker 2: So it was like, AP, do I trust you now?
Speaker 5: He said, he said, you go do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you go do that, And that's how you have to move. That's how we have to move in twenty two five, respect.
Speaker 5: Ball, it's the easiest thing to do. It's like that's the state of like the media. It's like that's They're just like.
Speaker 4: Wow, why like why can't you focus?
Speaker 5: Why why do you with a microphone in your hand talking to a multi Grammy, a war winning artist at the Grammy's.
Speaker 2: Legend legend, legend legend, Why can't you.
Speaker 5: Sustain a thought more than fourteen motherfucking her fy jerky seconds to get to the end of the sentence and.
Speaker 1: Say, because TikTok videos are fifteen seconds, thirty seconds, sixty seconds, ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Yes, So they're like, why would I our brain? Those girls were like twenty our.
Speaker 5: Brains, our brains, You got your work. You're in the middle of something.
Speaker 2: So how do we strengthen our brains? I gotta do sudokus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do a lot of wordles fromles.
Speaker 4: Word right now. You know I'm playing chest out too. See I'm not a word person ever, But this.
Speaker 2: Is you're not boring because I had to.
Speaker 5: Come up out of the mess, you know, not well, just like you know.
Speaker 2: We sit and mess here. This is mess.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean I just have to like do like be home.
Speaker 5: I just have to like you know, save my energy and just like grow.
Speaker 4: Up and focus.
Speaker 2: Grow up and focus. Is that what you're saying right now?
Speaker 5: In five? A child and distract up and focus my trauma.
Speaker 2: That's not like a four.
Speaker 5: Now that's my trauma response. I'm like, oh, like.
Speaker 2: I feel you on that.
Speaker 3: I feel that I'm in a cross road right now because it's like, damn, I want to be you know, giddy and fun and.
Speaker 2: Just like that that that.
Speaker 3: But now it's like because of this birthday, I'm like, hmmm, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We gotta make a ship, we gotta pivot.
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm usually relieving tension, like like the mess is I call my mess, Like having fun would usually respond.
Speaker 4: To me like relieving tension.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now there's so much retention, but I'm always having fun.
Speaker 4: I have a fun line.
Speaker 2: Yeah you are my friends New York.
Speaker 4: It's fun.
Speaker 5: And I have to be like okay, okay, great, I've like I've seen it. I was like like, I know what a big room looks like. I know what a small room looks like. I know a room face people look like. I know a room with everybody looks like. It's like, you know, I can compare it, you know, I can just keep going.
Speaker 4: But just go home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just go home, just like instead instead of trying to escape into like someone's perfect organization or they're perfect like politic or they're amazing singing voice. This is a TikTok, by the way, instead of like experiencing all of that in this way that it's just not enough investment for me. So yeah, I just like I want to mature. Our country needs to mature. I feel like I'm just like not because shit ain't funny.
Speaker 1: I'm like, but when you think about it, our country is really not that old. Yeah, compared to you know, some of these other countries that's been around for three thousand and five thousand years old.
Speaker 3: You know, we're so unseerious though, Like we're so un like you know, when when Donald Trump was like they're eating the cast, they made a remix.
Speaker 2: Eating we should be Laughing.
Speaker 4: Podcast, I'm like, you're doing.
Speaker 5: You said something insanely and like the next like like the subterranean and now it's a fun thing and it's literally it's like the spirit of black Twitter co opted by white media, white legacy media, and now we're left with the deterioration of.
Speaker 4: A government black people.
Speaker 5: We have the privilege to make shit funny that ain't been funny because we're talking about no reparations from chattel slavery and we have to that's all right now now, Now, Becky from Ohio and Bruce from something should be serious to you because someone was serious to your grandfather who came over here by choice from wherever. You know, like dot was important on the santam Aia, you know what I mean. So it's like, how do we balance ourselves so no one can have like fun petty mess again?
Speaker 1: I think remove everything from TikTok except the wrapping chift. This guy that cooks and he wraps when he cooks, he made a spicy RIGATONI the other day that I was like.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think of the song that he used, but it was I don't know. I literally watched it last night.
Speaker 5: Oh so you didn't hold on to it from last night. About TikTok brain.
Speaker 2: It sounds like we'ed brain. Sounds like we'd brain yourself.
Speaker 5: It's harty And if I didn't make it how you make it, then I'm sorry. The chicken breads and marinated and some yoga garlic pangs and ginger pas.
Speaker 4: I got some thriller and spices.
Speaker 2: That's not the one that I watched by This.
Speaker 4: Is what we don't have overall deals anymore.
Speaker 2: It is definitely not modo. All right, well let's read some mess. Yeah, let's do it. Yeah, let's read some mess and Larry, you could tell us how you feel about it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, this is good like a little prompt.
Speaker 5: Yes, we love a prompt.
Speaker 2: This is a different segment, and then we'll get everybody out it.
Speaker 1: Look the finish line, well, I mean I'm literally looking at the clock.
Speaker 5: Clock.
Speaker 2: It's over there. I put it over to here. Are you ready? It's a long one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this might make me sound like an ass is the title. Hey, Marie and Sydney. So here's my mess. I have a partner that's messy, an amazing partner. He makes me feel loved, wanted, care for best relationship i've had, So.
Speaker 2: What's the wrong.
Speaker 1: However, before meeting him, I was having sex with a different man for about a year.
Speaker 2: This man is good at sex, great at sex.
Speaker 4: I knew what it was going to be.
Speaker 2: Best sex. Honestly, make sure I come every time.
Speaker 1: She's dragging it. She's fucking dragging it. Girls, get out of multiple rounds, long used toys.
Speaker 2: Does it all? Girl? You don't have a job. Why do you need you need all that?
Speaker 5: Just because you haven't seen a Cydney doesn't mean it's not possible you haven't.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is not what we was doing in Brazil.
Speaker 1: I stopped having sex with this man after hearing his thoughts, like if he had just shut up and fucked, I would have been none the wiser. I had a man like that once. This man is a misogynistic ass. What really ended it is when he gave me an STI ladies, no matter what.
Speaker 2: Males say, make them wear a condom or leave.
Speaker 1: I also decided I wanted a boyfriend, so I told him our sessions were over and I went on to find my partner. We remained somewhat friends following ig talk about our travels and anime, nothing else.
Speaker 4: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: A year into the relationship, the sex guy texted me asking could I come over for a good time. No, I don't even reply, just blocked. I thought it was disrespectful. I don't post my partner, but he shouldn't know if I have a man. But I'd be lying because I think they still stuff anime. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about the sex, like nothing else about him is good but that and I would never cheat. I don't want to break up to be free to have sex with him. I know the grass ain't greener on the other side, I just want to stop thinking about him and his sex.
Speaker 2: Like, how do I do this? Miss thoughts larry me first? I mean, we could all talk about it.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, it's a conundrum.
Speaker 5: It's a conundrum because it's something specific that she wants.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I dated a guy that was also that The sex was great, but I also did not listen like.
Speaker 2: Listening to him talk.
Speaker 1: He would quote Kevin Samuels and stuff to me, and I was like, no, oh, this dude is an idiot girl.
Speaker 2: And he had to.
Speaker 4: Go How long did it last?
Speaker 1: Mmm?
Speaker 2: How long did I bang him for? On and off?
Speaker 1: For like maybe like a year's time, maybe not even maybe not even a full year.
Speaker 2: Just Ninja Turtle beat me in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but that was like I knew him for like over a year, but we actually hooked up for I don't know, like, oh no, no, it was not And.
Speaker 4: What made you stop seeing him?
Speaker 2: I didn't like him stupid he would.
Speaker 1: Talk and I'd be like, oh my god, even.
Speaker 2: The text messages off and shuch about and.
Speaker 4: How did you deal with the fallout from not having that dick? Oh?
Speaker 2: I was fine.
Speaker 1: I had a backup and he wasn't the best. Oh yeah, yeah, comparable, great, but not excellent. No, no, no, it was it was great the person after or the person that replaced him with.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I don't think she can go back to the other guy for sex.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I think I think maybe cut communication clean. But she says she do like them.
Speaker 3: But we gotta we gotta detach ourselves from from the importance of sex.
Speaker 2: I think, I like, hmm, it has helped me. I like, I don't. I like it.
Speaker 3: It's good. I have a good time, but it's not a factor for me. I like, I could be with somebody and not have sex all the time, and I'll be Okay.
Speaker 2: I want to be with somebody and not have good sex. No, no, I couldn't do that.
Speaker 3: But it's just because I've gone long periods without it and then got back into it and then got out. I was like, it's fine, it's cool, Like I enjoy it, but it's I'm not. It's not gonna make me do any more of these decisions. Like before last like last year, what I was doing, I was like just not even I don't even care about sex like this.
Speaker 2: Why am I fucking in New Jersey right now? It's just stupid. That is crazy.
Speaker 5: Maybe this person can invite the guy with good dick into the relationships. Then the other guy can watch how the good guy and that has been an amazing episode of mess because what the fuck?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, because he says that I have a partner, an amazing partner.
Speaker 2: He makes me feel loved, wanted, cared for. She keep thinking about that exactly, so then bringing the dick in? No, maybe bring the toys. Maybe.
Speaker 4: Sometimes good advice is hearing bad advice.
Speaker 1: And you know what, miss miss.
Speaker 5: She should I think she should really shake it up. I think she should be messy. Invite the guy and the other guy gets a tutorial. Be okay, tell first guy it's more bad. Tell first guy, hey, you gotta go study up? Or is it about the equipment? Is he is it?
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's maybe, but.
Speaker 5: She didn't mention that. She didn't say, like any that's the most perfect.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I just said great at sex, best sex.
Speaker 1: Honestly, he said first, she said good at sex, great at sex, best sex. Okay, make sure I come every time. It sounds like the other one's not making you come.
Speaker 4: Digmatized me, She's s digmatized.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the other one has her heart, but the other one has her coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, sometimes totally.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's hard to give advice because gay men logic is so different.
Speaker 4: I don't have it, but it's like what I have to like live under.
Speaker 2: What is game man logic?
Speaker 5: Just see, there will always be more they'll like, There'll always be more dick, just like go open with your partner like the skies. If they don't like it, move on, you know, just there will always be more dick around the corner.
Speaker 2: There will always be on the shelf.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But my thing is this, like I'm sure the sex is great, but you might.
Speaker 2: Be remembering it better than what it.
Speaker 1: Is because that happened to me before, like best sex, great sex, And then I spin the block and I'm like, well I actually don't like this person, and now.
Speaker 4: Nostalgic sex.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sometimes it's a.
Speaker 2: Quas Yeah, that's why I would go back that memory foam sex.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're eating the eggs and suddenly you're like, I'm eating the eggs.
Speaker 2: Do I even like?
Speaker 1: Ru?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So you're in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: May all of these men that I've forgotten about rest in peace?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, maybe this was incredible. I really had a good time. Yeah, this was cute.
Speaker 2: Can you tell people where they can find you even though you're hiding?
Speaker 5: Yes, Hey, everyone, I still have live accounts at Larry Owens Live.
Speaker 4: Follow because there may be news and just thank you so.
Speaker 5: Much for having me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not you learned the voice.
Speaker 5: Valentine's Day, every line, My family to yours. It's been so wonderful to be here, my loving heart to yours. Wishing all of you New Yorkers. Angelina's out there, Chicago and anyone listening. Yeah, Berlin's you know, there's lots and lots.
Speaker 1: Of Australia's in the hell, lots of Law and Kenya.
Speaker 4: And Kenyon to Toronto, hel On.
Speaker 3: And before we get out of here, we also have a live show of Mess Everywhere the twenty Seconds at Union Holes Every Seconds, So please get tickets for that.
Speaker 2: Tickets see you next week.
Speaker 1: Bye, Mess with Sydney Washington and Marie Foston is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and iHeartRadio podcast created and hosted by Sidney Washington and Marie Foston. Executive produced by Olivia Aguilar and Hans Sonny, super produced by Becca Ramos, edited and mixed by Brian Jeffries.
Speaker 2: If you would like your messages read on air, please email us at mess Thepodcast at gmail dot com, or call for your messages to be played at seven six three two eight zero six five eight eight