Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is nick shot, streaming live on dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys apt now. Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: It is high noon on a Monday of the shortest road week in Dallas Cowboys history. Inside the SWBC podcast studio, and those who are truly committed to the cause are here in present for action. That's right, Nicky Spagnola, along with Bill Jones and Everson Walls and wello Everson, Oh, Everson's not here, He's missing, missing in action to start this year.
Speaker 4: Maybe he told us he wasn't going to be here Monday either, All right, Well maybe he did, and that would be our fault, so he knows showed. But the people on the tours.
Speaker 3: Are still coming there. They're coming quit, that's right. They haven't quit on this team right now. And uh huh. Natean Frisco is around in the corner on the latest tour, and natean Frisco cannot wait to get inside the s WBC podcast studio to talk about what's going on with this football team.
Speaker 4: We'll see if a late arriving Walls.
Speaker 1: Up ends him there.
Speaker 4: He is a six time Pro bowler, that's okay, sure, even when it's not his time.
Speaker 1: Just you know he'll be here. So I'm just I'll cover, okay, Yeah, you get here, Yeah, all right, or you can stay. We'll have a four So no, no, no, no, no, he's here. Then you know Derek can tell me no, yes, I don't want to. You know, I'm not a double difference. Yes, that's right, keep it fair.
Speaker 3: You got your Cowboys star on your T shirt there, that's right.
Speaker 1: And literally.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm very encouraged, Yes i am, but.
Speaker 1: I'm discouraged.
Speaker 3: You know what that brings me to the NFL. You talk about, Okay, there are a couple of teams, Texas and Oklahoma who are making the transition this year into the SEC.
Speaker 1: Yes they are.
Speaker 3: And there are some NFL teams and I'm not saying just about the Cowboys, but across the league. They need to make the transition into SEC football and that means being able to run the football and stop the run. Now we've got half of that solved in Norman. They've got both of them solved in Austin. But that's what the NFL needs to do. We need to get back to being able to run the football and stop the run.
Speaker 4: And Missouri's got it solved that even if you play badly, as long as you figure out how to win, that's all that counts.
Speaker 3: Well. And Al Davis Raiders did not just win baby this week against the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 1: Wow, but okay, all right?
Speaker 3: Which kisses to Sunday at AT and T Stadium and the Ravens were able to run the football.
Speaker 5: And shocking, Yeah, as expected, that's what they wanted to do, right, and they did over and over and over again for.
Speaker 4: Two hundred and seventy four yards.
Speaker 1: One hundred and fifty for one guy. Yep, it was. It was disheartening. The Cowboys, Uh, once again, don't cheat him one hundred and fifty one, Yes, sir, once again, we didn't. We didn't man up the way we should have. We didn't play with the vigor that we should have. Now. Frankly, for me, I know it's not the coaches it's about. It's about the players playing hard all the time and playing discipline. You can bring Broderson here, a good scout for the you know, for the NFL, you can bring Jesse Holly, you can put Everson here. And if they talking about scheming stuff up and this, that and the other, it's not right. This has nothing to do with scheme and everything you do about execution and with players when you're looking at the film today, for me, I'm looking at I saw the same thing with just a different way. Last week, where they were scooping guys and running out wide and making and making big runs. This week they were double team and you off the ball three yards here, four yards here, fifteen, whereas last week was seven eight this year, this week it was just grind, grind, grind. But the same five to seven guys are those guys. And I tried to tell everybody last week, and I said it on this great show right here. Mix shots. You can put over shown out there, you can put Jack Lambert out there, you can put Dick buckets. But this door of four or five guys that we have up front does not hold water, which they didn't. It could be a disastrous thing. And I feel bad for our linebackers, our safeties, because they were actually doing a lot yesterday and it just was not a great effort by frontline guys.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 4: I added all this up. They had seven plays for one hundred and sixty five yards, Yes, sir, thirty twelve, seventeen, fifty six, fourteen, twenty three, thirteen, time and time again gave up big plays. You're either not good enough in the middle to do what the scheme is yes, right, yes, or as I think both DeMarcus Lawrence and Michael Parsons said afterwards. I think Lawrence's word was, we can't play hero ball and right now we're playing little league ball. And Parsons says, we don't need Superman's we just need everybody to do their job. And I don't know if guys are searching for big plays or they're not good enough to do what they have to do. They're still soft in the middle and they won't hold down the edges. And we've seen it. We saw it last week, see it again this week. They've given up in two games like four hundred and sixty yards rushing and two seventy four Yes, sir. I mean after you saw one ninety, you knew what Baltimore was doing, and they still couldn't stop it. They tried to change the linebackers. All right, you mentioned everybody wanted to see Overshown out there. Okay, you saw Overshown and Leophile Hendrix in the middle for the majority of the game because they wanted more versatile linebackers instead of Dumont Clark. Dumont Clark only played twelve snaps and most of it in the fourth quarter when they said, huh, we're not stopping the run. Maybe we need run another run stopping linebacker out there.
Speaker 1: This is what was early in the game. They couldn't decide with them running two tight ends. I guess that's twelve personnel they call it. They couldn't. They was kind of messing them up, and you saw Parsons running around trying to and then finally they like, don't worry about the strength, just line up and read your keys and do your job. And this bothers me to say this, because I just don't like saying this about players. But our inside guys, no matter who those three or four guys was, was not good enough. You have to come to the realization. We know the history of our offensive coordinator and head coach. We know the history of our defensive coordinator used to be a head coach. We know when they have the right players, how they can scheme unbelievably. But when you have to take players to another level as a coach, you can't do that unless that player have a willingness to do that. And so you can try to reach a guy, talk to a guy, but it's not happening. And you can look at all the film you want, But if I got a line up on the outside eye of Mickey and not let you reach me, and you reach me eighty five percent of the time, either not mentally there or not physically there, or both, And that is what has happened to our interior line. Even LSA is not showing up on a regular basis. So it's not just Mazzie, it's Ulsa, it's Mazie, it's whoever else you're putting in there. And it's making our defensive ends think that they have to do a whole lot, and they can't do a whole lot, not from the outside trying to come in. They did not play that run option well. They were either shooting down in there or not playing their responsibilities, or they was hesitating, and you can't hesitate on Lamar. I tried to tell everybody last week, Fellas, just maintain and move in on him. He cannot pass. Teams are gonna beat them because teams are and I'm talking about this past the Ravens are gonna lose some more games because this kid is not accurate.
Speaker 4: So think about this. They don't get pressure on opposing quarterbacks because a lack of ability to stop the run. Yes, so in this game, no sacks, yes one, Michael Parsons quarterback hit Jackson only has to complete twelve passes to put up twenty eight points in four hundred and what fifty one yards one hundred and eighty two passing And if you combine that, so they've gotten beat in consecutive weeks by a quarterback completing eleven passes and twelve passes and it ended up being four hundred and twenty five yards, three touchdowns and interception and a quarterback rating of one thirty four point eight.
Speaker 3: By the way, the quarterback that led the Saints to six straight go there touchdowns and the first six possessions of the game had three points through three quarters of scots to day's game one touchdown twelve point.
Speaker 1: Again, Fellas, I'm not trying to be funny, and I hate criticizing players. That's the difference. You look at Philadelphia's defense when they decide play, who's gonna stop them? I'm just being honest. If Carter and all those guys, them Georgia boys decide to play, who's gonna stop them?
Speaker 4: I want to see somebody in the middle get so fired up like Carter did that. A coach bigger than him and another guy had to talk him off the ledge after they stopped him at the end to win the game.
Speaker 3: He was ready to go in the stands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to see that. It's I watched the defensive coaches. I stopped Nick Eatman in the hall. I remember Met. I don't know if I told you, Mick. I was so mad during the first round scrimmage. I'm like, the Rams beat us to the punch. We had to lift up our practice to meet their practice. That bothered me. And then the next time they came in we were a little more amped. But I watched some of the drills, the inside kind of run drilled, and I kind of watched the pass rush, and I just like, I'm missing something here. I walked to the sideline. I walked over by the fence and Nick was just sitting there, you know, looking, standing up, looking, and Nick said, I know it's just practice, but the rams are getting the best of us. And I'm talking about then cheer your lines. Yeah, And I said, man, I thought it was just me because I walked off the field. I was kind of mad. I'm like, when are we gonna just get mean and mad and upset? You know, And it's it's the players. It's the players.
Speaker 4: And unfortunately, unfortunately that's what you got, right. Yes, sir, they tried patchwork stuff with the veteran guys. Yes, one of them is uninjured reserve with the wrist. The other one he's just not doing anything. Now, Lynnville Joseph and I heard all these people out there.
Speaker 1: You got to go sign this guy. You got to go sign them.
Speaker 4: There's a reason why he hadn't been playing that much and he was still out there. You gotta be careful with those guys, you know.
Speaker 1: Coach Zim looked like he's lost. When you've cuddled, you've given bottles out, you've cussed, you've literally tried to fight guys, what is it for him to do? And what is it you know, they can have a meeting up after every game. Coach Missus Jones can fly everybody in and have a big meeting after the game. But you can't cut. You can't cut thirty players, you can't cut twenty players. But you got to find something that inspires them, because the giants see you think the giants.
Speaker 4: You don't think they're taking notes people.
Speaker 1: You know, last week we was laughing, Hey, if we don't beat the medicine coming the pharmacy is opening up. You don't think the giant's looking at this game toing, Hey, fellas, we just beat Cleveland and man the pharmacy. Hell boy, we got a pharmacy coming up here, you know, Walgreens or whoever, because they gonna fix all our problems. You are an average team, whether you want to believe it or not. You are an average team right now, and only the players can change it. The coaches are not gonna change this. They got to change the way they play, They got to change the way they treat one another. And everybody, like Dak said, has to be a professional. Handle your business, don't do well in the past, and go to watch film individually. You don't need a bunch of guys to tell you what you did wrong, Go look at and improve yourself so the team can get better. Don't don't you know Ceedee Lamb acted up. He acted up terrible. But only one man can fix that, that is CD Lamb. You can't tell him not to act like the way he acted. When you let him act like that before, you didn't say anything. Now you let him either gonna stop it. It's gonna be that way whenever he decides. It's that way as I'm gonna give up on Ceedee Lamb. Oh no, that's my I love some CD Lamb. But what he did yesterday when he fumbled and instead of him locking down and making sure he catched balls that obviously that he normally can catch, he dropped him. He let hedwelled in the past, and we needed him going down the stretch. They let us back in the game. We needed him, and he just dewelled in the past.
Speaker 4: But you know what, some other guys stepped up, yes, but we still needed him.
Speaker 1: Oh I know, I know we still needed him.
Speaker 4: We saw guys Jacober Turpin, Yes, some guy named Hunter Lipke yes, who actually puts some life in this team.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: The couple things that he did, so it was encouraging.
Speaker 1: But brother, I know, I know, I know, I know absolutely.
Speaker 3: By the way, the team you're playing Thursday has a budding ceed Lamb on their roster. Yes, the sixth pick in the draft. They scored two touchdowns yesterday Molik Neighbors.
Speaker 1: Yes, neighbors.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And by the way, they've got a guy named Lawrence in the middle of their defensive.
Speaker 1: Line who, yes, will come at you, will cause some problems, all right.
Speaker 3: And then, by the way, the Cowboys, now it's three days in counting before they're playing in New York on Thursday night. All right, much more to get to here on a day after edition of mix Shots.
Speaker 7: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto wants. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 3: Scott Kitchen slides for the first down.
Speaker 7: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 3: My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle.
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 3: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Lite is brewed to be less feeling. What are you doing here?
Speaker 1: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm just reading the script. It says less filling.
Speaker 3: That's not what my script says. Hell mindset.
Speaker 6: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Middle Light is in fact less feeling and taste great. I'm Yshine Legal Guy.
Speaker 8: Celebrate Responsibly, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Beier thousand people, intrograms carvers for cloth bounces, fewer cowsion cars than premium regular beer.
Speaker 9: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor and combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 1: Demit shuts.
Speaker 4: I guess I have a read right and today is Monday, which means Market at the Star. Come shop at Star in Frisco on Saturday, September twenty eighth from ten am to four pm at Flea Styles. Market at the Star presented by Makerplace by Michaels, featuring fifty plus local makers offering art, fashion, home decor, jewelry and kids items. Market at the Star is always a favorite. Admissions free. Visit Thestar District dot com for more info.
Speaker 3: And we have a public apology to make to one Everson Walls who texted us on Thursday, September twelfth at three point fifty two PM to let us know that he would not be here on Monday, September twenty third, which none of us remember.
Speaker 1: That if he give it to uh what you gotta produce a Supreme, he would have had it down because he showed it to me.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, is producer supreme on this text? Yes? He is.
Speaker 1: Text. See how he missed that he missed?
Speaker 3: That's exactly right. So our apologies to Everson. But all I got to say is when the tough get to what is the same get to going gets tough, the tough get going. And I guess ever since proved he got going.
Speaker 4: He left and took and it took the Cowboys three quarters to figure out it was tough. So how do you explain what happened in the fourth quarter?
Speaker 1: You're talking about to come back? Yeah, that wasn't a comeback. It was a near comeback. That is why I tell people, that is why we needed ceed Lamb. That thing would have been complete. I've listened to other shows and they've had guys on and earls on that said that they will collapse. They would give you the game at some point in the game, meaning the Ravens, and they gave it to us. Yeah before with the Raiders, with the Raiders, but we did not have our horse, and the horse is Cede Lamb. You know, I I don't judge players solely on their earnings.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I hear a lot of people say, well, at this price, he needs to do this. No, not at that price. You need before that price gets like that, you need to do that. We've seen him do this before in games, but now that he has a bigger price on his head, the TV shows it a whole lot more. And for some reason, they focused on that a lot. So that is what people want to focus on. What someone has to do that has his ear that he fully uh know that when this person come to him is out of love and uh and understanding that they want him to be a better man. Has to talk to CD. I get it.
Speaker 4: But they skilled scored nineteen straight points. But no matter what he did, but they needed he would have got him another field goal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he would have got him another Well, he would.
Speaker 4: Gotten one more stop if they had gotten.
Speaker 1: His fumble way before. But I was shadowed. You see talking about the three points. If he went the funneled that at least three.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, that's exactly Okay, So but that's.
Speaker 1: That you Okay, that's what I'm saying. You want to say that.
Speaker 4: If you scored their Baltimore might have played. I'm saying, when you got down to what happened, they scored nineteen points in a row in the in the fourth quarter, regardless of what he did in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: I know you made your bed in the first three quarters. I get it, but they still did that.
Speaker 1: If we'd have had CD and I'm saying along with your nineteen points, well, I.
Speaker 4: Yeah, obviously, if they would have stopped the run, along with my nineteen points, they would have won. But they still got nineteen points in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 3: Me, if they would have stopped You're talking throughout the games, but even on the comeback, if even on the comeback, they still had the chance with under three minutes left, if they stop them on a third and six, Well.
Speaker 4: Here and here's and I went back and looked to see what happened. Okay, it's third and six at the twenty five.
Speaker 3: To seventeen left, and there was two.
Speaker 4: Two twenty.
Speaker 1: To twenty one before the two minutes.
Speaker 3: They had used a couple of their timeouts, so it was.
Speaker 4: Third and six, two to thirty six left to play, all right.
Speaker 1: And the Cowboys at the ball balm.
Speaker 4: And they've got a two minute warning and a time out left, okay. They lined up three wide receivers.
Speaker 1: To the right, Okay, a bunch look almost.
Speaker 4: Zay Flowers was in the middle of the three. The Cowboys blitzed Kendricks off the left their left edge. He came within a step of hitting Lamar Jackson before he released the ball. And what happened was, and you know, Diggs has taking the blame, but Zay was in the middle of the three. The two outside uh wide receivers both traffic to their left, yes, and so Diggs had to pick up Flowers to the right. He came within this from breaking up the pass. It was that close, right, What is this to those who are not watching you right now? My arm's left, okay, not his mind, all right. And it was that close to forcing them to punt. And if they had to punt, I guarantee you the Cowboys are kicking a field goal if at least if Aubrey had to hit from sixty six instead of sixty five. They were that close. So now you explain that to me, How.
Speaker 1: Does that happen. How does what happened what happened, which they scored.
Speaker 4: Nineteen consecutive points and come within a step of getting the ball back.
Speaker 3: For that, I mean with a time out left and the two minute warning and the two minute warning, and they would have gotten the ball with two seventeen left basically.
Speaker 4: And they would have been punting the guy. The punter would have been standing at his fifteen yard line, so.
Speaker 3: They would have been taken over without a return. They would have been taken over, let's say, even at their own thirty.
Speaker 4: Yard thirty yard line if they So that means with.
Speaker 3: Brandon Aubrey as your punter, you only have to go twenty yards just to be in field goal rage. If you're a kicker to your kicker because you're kicking.
Speaker 4: You know, you know what If I'm a kicker and I'm in that situation, I'm gonna do like they do in high jumping the Olympics. After you won and you go you want to jump some more, It's like, just move the ball back another yard because I want to set a record.
Speaker 1: My thing is this, uh, and I get into it with when I'm doing the pre and post game shows because I won't go along with the kicking things. My faith and I ain't gonna ever change is once I started believing, until this person showed me three or four times, Cede Lamb would have not the weld in the past and just went on and be been the professional that he needed to be when we had that opportunity and we was making that run eat these boys. I'm not changing. I don't care. You can tell me about the defense. Our defense, it's gonna be the problem when we go up to play the Giants. Our offense is going to have to take over.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: As Dak said, we just had to score thirty points, thank you, and we didn't do it.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: And last year the average they scored was twenty nine point ninety. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Game the lead the league. Thank you, thank you. And I'm sorry, Aubrey. I understand what you're doing. You are a record setting kid. I do not want to take away. I made some people mad, which shows because I am not buying into the Kicker. I am buying into Dak. I am dying buying into CD lounge in. You are all in, and I'm buying in that our offensive line is gonna get better.
Speaker 4: Well, if you think about it, from when they scored the second touchdown against Cleveland, Yes, to the point in the fourth quarter where they only had two field goals. They nearly went three full games, one hundred and eighty minutes was scoring one offensive touchdown. So understand the defense of struggling, but the offense doesn't.
Speaker 1: Have to struggle because of that, right, that's right.
Speaker 4: They they they're struggling running the football, they're struggling blocking for the runs. In running the football, Dak's you know, the pockets not clean.
Speaker 1: Let's put it that one brother, this dude is playing, Dak is balling, Dak is balling. This fellas out. Once our offensive line, they got a couple of more games.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Coach s Lari, I promise he's pushing them as hard as he can push him. That's our office line. Get better. Things will get market markedly very good. I don't have that faith in our front five defensive line. I don't have that faith. I haven't had in the last seven eight years. And until you do this for four or five games, I mean, crush the run, I'm not gonna have that faith. But I've seen what coach Scelari can do. I've seen what coach McCarthy can do. I've seen what Dak can do once he get on the roll and start feeling good. All we gotta do is corral CD. Because Ferguson is ready, Tobrid is growing up. These guys are growing up right before your eyes. Let them continue to grow. Let's corral CD. Let him know you're the man, bro, and we go as you go. Nobody else can move safeties or outside linebackers. I have extra coverage. Nobody a CD. Now we did come back. These guys showed who they were, but we go to the next team that these guys still are not scaring anybody. The only person that's scaring folks Number eight mm hm.
Speaker 4: So you mentioned the offensive line. Guidon gets called for a hole. Yes, wiped out a really big play.
Speaker 3: At the end of the first half past interference on the on Nick Wiggins on CD at the goal line would have had the ball to one yard line. What do you think of the holding calling guidance?
Speaker 1: It could have win either way.
Speaker 3: But when you're getting beat to the quarterback.
Speaker 1: But when you when you have you're leading the league in pressures and the coach before the game, the divisive line coach uh uh. The guy himself that is rushing, he's man. You didn't see, and so the ref saw just a little bit.
Speaker 4: I mean he pushed him from behind.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, he wasn't holding, Yes, sir, he was.
Speaker 3: Helping him make he was right.
Speaker 4: He was getting him to the quarterback faster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they called holding.
Speaker 4: Yes sir, the ball is going to be at the one yard line.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree. And those things with.
Speaker 3: Six seconds left and that those things get lost.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are you going to take a chance at one play?
Speaker 1: What got lost?
Speaker 3: It was twenty it was twenty one to three at that point. I am if at the one yard line, I'm running a play, right, and then if I don't, if I'm not successful, I'm kicking the field.
Speaker 1: And it's a quick play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, it's quick play, quick pass play because you're out of time.
Speaker 4: And it's got to be quick.
Speaker 1: You're at the one.
Speaker 4: Fellas, there was also a false start in there wasn't there that negated another play offensively.
Speaker 3: On that possession?
Speaker 1: No, No, at some point, oh so what with what we stopped? Keep the field goal? So after that whole we wound up.
Speaker 3: We wound up kicking a fifty one yard field goal, So you're really, in essence, the holding call didn't matter unless you were going to score.
Speaker 1: A touchdown there.
Speaker 4: It mattered that ten yards.
Speaker 3: I mean because Aubrey made the field goal, right, Yeah, it didn't I.
Speaker 1: I you know, a couple of guys asked me, Hey, what do you think of the offensive line? Asked me out about six weeks? Yeah, what do you think about Ceedee Lamb? Given four weeks? You know, I didn't know what happened yesterday was gonna happen.
Speaker 3: But you mean after his holdout, giving four weeks.
Speaker 1: Four weeks, get it, get it, get itself together. He didn't give hisself four weeks. He didn't give hisself four weeks. When you have proven and see, this is how I would come up to see Lamb. I said, ce D, do you how big you are? Do you know that?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: When you cornerbacks, you're not just the first round pick for the Dallas Cowboys. You are a top three wide receiver. You gonna get the best from everybody. So when you make a mistake, it's gonna be elevated. So when you drop a pass, the dB gonna follow you almost back to your huddle because of who you are and what you've earned for yourself. So that's our So we don't need for you to ever lose your composure. I need for you to always have your composure because you are good enough to make plays after a bad situation. And that's what Dak was trying to say. I'm not worried about his body language. I don't want him to dwelling in the past. And that's what he could not get passed was dwelling because when we was making that run at the end, when they was literally pulling an NBA. I'll let you in the game out til twenty point, leave you know exactly what it was. That's when you know I'm gonna tell you. I heard the coach say, what's the Luca doncies. Uh they won a game without Luca done that? Yeah, we won this and the coach stopped. We need Luca donc We need CD lamp.
Speaker 3: All right, and we need Nate Newton for times such as this and we continue with more mixed shots in just a moment.
Speaker 9: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the Team Hotel, Attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 7: Hey Cowboys, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto wants. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 3: Scott kits slides for the first down.
Speaker 7: Invest like your icons where everyone is a Rooki in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect grow.
Speaker 1: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 3: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Lite is brewed to be less feeling. What are you doing here?
Speaker 1: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm just reading the script it says less filling.
Speaker 3: That's not what my script says.
Speaker 1: Hell mindset.
Speaker 6: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Middle Light is in fact less filling and taste great.
Speaker 8: I'm yshine, legal Guy, Celebrate Responsibly, Walky Wisconsin Beer amy six thousands to be point two grams carbs for twelve bounces, fewer Cowson carves than premium regular beer.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 1: Demict shuts.
Speaker 4: Nate, Nothing's changed. You still can be the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating the extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboy fan you know, for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and go Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Okay, they wants to see the script?
Speaker 1: Now, which one is this?
Speaker 4: Me? It's the second one under Monday right here?
Speaker 1: No second one.
Speaker 4: See where it says Monday. Okay, yeah, Fan of the Year.
Speaker 1: Okay, fan of you Okay. Nothing. I was hoping that nothing's changed. And when he said that, I'm like, yeah, they're still running the football. I was making sure that was that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, we got five to ten minutes left.
Speaker 1: So how about this?
Speaker 4: This was funny if you were listening to the broadcast, and it would have been start of maybe the fourth quarter, and Kevin is it burke Hart?
Speaker 3: Burkhart said to Tom Brady, his name's Brady.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know that.
Speaker 4: Uh, he said, have you been in a situation like this before?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 3: Wait before you say that. I before they did that, I was I had looked up how big of a comeback they paid pod I did, right, But it wasn't.
Speaker 1: But this wasn't a comeback, but it was. Okay.
Speaker 3: The score was twenty eight to six, right, okay, And I was thought, wait, that was about the score of in Super Bowl against Atlanta, and I thought it was twenty eight six, but it was actually twenty eight three. Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 4: But anyway, he said, he said, we were in an embarrassing loss like this, and he goes. I went to the bench, and I started screaming, at least score one touchdown, right, score one touchdown, and he said, we only scored one touchdown. But it was like save face, do something in the fourth quarter, and then that's when the comeback began. I said, okay, they scored one touchdown.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: They showed a fan in the stands with a T shirt on yeah, with a score. Ye you think that fan really was at the game wearing that T shirt or was the product of the production crew.
Speaker 1: He did a shop that could have been. But it was a nice production it was, and so I wouldn't leave it.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to accuse Fox of CBS might do the same thing, but that's a TV thing where you I could see them either handing the guy the T shirt here put this on shot of you or.
Speaker 4: Known to make things up.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you like this, for all of y'all. It's trying to uh, for all the young announcers and color guys, everybody who think they are specialists. I'm letting you know right now, Tom Brady to me, can do no wrong. I would listen to all of his games because no one else can give you the gambit of stories and what he would really do because he fears no player, no owner, like my money is guaranteed like everybody's else. But I'm gonna give you a libit something that because like like when Tony first started, how Tony used to give it to us. Now when I hear him say no, I want to throw to him no more today, thank you for the honesty. Or get one touchdown and you never know what it will leads to. Just get one touchdown. I wrote it. That is Troy, you know, Troy, for God's sake, can we just do the right thing?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 1: You get what I'm saying. That is real. So when you trying to say he needed to do this and need to do that, shut up and listen. Just shut up and listen.
Speaker 4: I like the way he's grading passes and he gave one pass back through.
Speaker 1: He goes, oh that's a d Yes, you got to hit that pass, and he was right. It was way way off, but it's good stuff anyway. Just think six round pick. Yes, that means if you go back and look at twenty nine, it was thirty one thirty one teams, then twenty.
Speaker 3: Thirty one teams. Yeah, okay, thirty two including the patriock. Okay, well go look at thirty one and when the Patriots missed on him for five rounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah they did, but go look at their sheets of all the deficiencies he turned out not to have once he got to the You get what I'm saying. The lower rounds you go to more deficiencies as you look on teams, little pads, little scouts. That's what I'm saying. That turned out not to be true. Yep, yes, sir. I mean, I'm sorry to get lost on Tom Brady, but I love a winner. I just do. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: So this occurred to me on Friday, having to face Baltimore and running the ball. So going into that game, they had beaten the Cowboys five or six times in their hissed ahead all right, four times they rushed for more than two hundred yards, yes, sir, every time. Two thousand, they rushed for two fifty two thousand and eight, which was the last game at Texas Stadium.
Speaker 3: Well, they ran for one hundred and fifty on two plays, sixty five right to six seventy seven and eighty two.
Speaker 1: I remember the game on two play.
Speaker 3: That's one hundred and sixty right.
Speaker 4: There, twenty twenty two ninety four, and now this is two seventy four. So this is the fourth If you all that added up in those four losses, they ran for zero point sixty two miles.
Speaker 3: Okay, that happened one team. Oh that's all find and good. But how do how do three teams the last three home losses at AT and T Stadium run for over six hundred yards against this team? Six hundred and seven yards that the Packers and the Ravens up. It's six hundred and seven yards that they've in the last three losses. And so the only game that's been won was Cleveland, which got Deshaun Watson got sacked eight times by the Giants yesterday the Cowboys next opponent.
Speaker 4: And he scrambled for thirty nine of their ninety three So how do you fix this?
Speaker 3: Now? You you.
Speaker 1: The coaches. The coaches about went into the bag as the young folks. The coaches bags about empty. It's about the players. And if anybody tell you something wrong, something different, they're wrong. They are wrong. Players last week got scooped and stretched out of there. Players this we got deuce blocked out of there because they wanted the runs outside. That's just a product of the great athlete that this kid is. But the runs inside. But it was scooping and deucee blocking.
Speaker 4: Well the flat if the third and sixth was not the final nail, second and nine when he kept the ball, they doubled Parsons with the full back and an offensive lineman. He cannot line up on the line of scrimmage in a four point stance at two hundred and forty pounds, it ain't gonna turn out.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: They doubled Masie and it's like the outside linebacker was looking at the slot receiver and Donovan Wilson fell for the sweeps. He went and tackled the guy on the sweep big and have the.
Speaker 1: Men me, may what how is this Parson's fourth year? But you don't know? Just yes, yes, I tried to tell y'all four years ago that wasn't his spot. I know, I beg everybody that ain't his spot. You need to check. You know what, if you want to make an impact, it a cost us check. Switch to a three four, put him at outside live backer, because as long as he putting his hand in the ground, I'm gonna I said it then and I'm gonna say it now. Thank you, halleluj your glory. I know rat where he's.
Speaker 3: At, whether he's on this ad this and he can't run there right, Okay, Okay, so let's think about this. Okay, you got the Giants and then you have a mini buy. Okay, okay, see a little bit of time. So then you got at Pittsburgh, you got Detroit, then you got another byeway, so you got some some time here over the next month. So you want to fantasize, can you switch to a three? Do you have the personnel?
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 3: They don't have the personnel. Mike Zimmer when he was the defensive coordinator. Yes, early with in three and o four, they were running a four to three and then they decided we're switching to a three four and that's when they drafted Marcus Spears and DeMarcus Wearing the first round, in Chris Canny in the fourth round, Kevin Burnett in the second round, Jay Ratliffe the seventh round. That one. It might be the greatest draft, certainly the greatest draft since the sixties, yes, or since the seventies for this Cowboys team.
Speaker 1: What about?
Speaker 4: What about picking up a draft choice? If uh, Miami needs a.
Speaker 1: Quarterback, Miami finna do nothing. Miami gonna ride how they ride?
Speaker 3: So which quarterback are you?
Speaker 4: Fred Lance?
Speaker 1: Okay? Who I almost say something bad?
Speaker 3: What am I?
Speaker 1: You think that the guy that played in the preseason?
Speaker 3: That Tray Lass?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry you're talking about that guy?
Speaker 3: You want?
Speaker 4: Guy? You want Tim Boyle or Trey Lance?
Speaker 1: I want.
Speaker 3: From them? Who are you a draft choice?
Speaker 1: A draft?
Speaker 3: So you're not fixing out?
Speaker 1: No, it's not gonna be a fourth under.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to get this ready to go to San Francisco after the buy, I'll take a draft trade for a defensive tackle.
Speaker 4: Can't play can't play a three four without a nose tackle. That's three hundred and sixty pounds.
Speaker 1: Well, nose tackle. That's gonna give that. Yeah, that's gonna give it.
Speaker 4: And you need defensive tackles that are really basically I mean defensive ends that are really tackled.
Speaker 3: So we've got to find a free agent nose tackle that's three hundred and fifty five pounds.
Speaker 1: You need a nose tackle that gives great.
Speaker 4: About John what was the guy's name, the draft choice Washington picked off the practice.
Speaker 1: You can't talk about players and other teams.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just saying they gave them away. I'm not saying go get them. I said they gave them away.
Speaker 3: Better get you had this year is on the Cincinnati practice squad. That but you had him here. So they've made an effort to try to get someone that position.
Speaker 4: And that's what I was pointing out.
Speaker 1: What two years ago you're talking about Ridge.
Speaker 3: You know who would give you know who? That's it, all right, you know who would give great effort. But he's not the size anymore to play that no stackle position. There's no doubt that he would give great effort.
Speaker 1: Nate Newton, Yes, just hold on, David. You know I had to go to wind it several times a day as we are talking about it.
Speaker 4: There goes Derrick Henry for a touchd.
Speaker 3: Shop twenty four hour rule, it's not, well, it's not twenty four hours. It's in short, short, not, it's twenty four minutes. Yes, we're on to the Giants tomorrow, and Nate, can you be with us again tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Because yes I will. I will already hit Derek and tell him yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, noon tomorrow here on Mickshot.
Speaker 1: Thanks Everson Old Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.