Speaker 1: Also media welcome to it could happen here show about things falling apart. The thing falling apart this week is me after watching nine hours of Clinton testimony the past two days. It can relate. I'm Garrison Davis. I'm joined by Sophie Lechtervid to discuss guys. Hey, Sophie, Hey.
Speaker 2: To discuss the Clinton testimony.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I can relate after you know you fortunately missed that Clinton speech at the DNC in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Bill Clinton, that was a really really, really really long hour of my life.
Speaker 1: That's a long speech for a guy that age too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we were together during Hillary's speech.
Speaker 1: We did catch that while we're in the pit.
Speaker 2: I think that's when I got COVID. I got the Clinton COVID. Hillary got COVID too at the DNC, so I think she gave it to me.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 2: That's when we were up close and personal with the Clintons last. Now they're back.
Speaker 1: They've never been more back, They've never been more I completely agree. If you don't want to hear the voices, I've tried to limit it, but there's gonna be some the voices of Hillary and or Bill Clinton. This is your chance if you want to hear me talk about Hillary being asked about everything from spies to aliens and quanon. It's again, this is your sign to continue.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I'm excited. Let's do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get started, because there's probably more more to cover than what we'll be able to so. On February twenty sixth and twenty seventh, Hillary and Bill Clinton respectively testified and closed door hearings about their relationship with Jeffrey Epstein and Galaine Maxwell. The Clinton's referst to penay to testify in this bipartisan House Oversight Committee investigation into the DOJ's handling of the Epstein investigation back in August of twenty twenty five. For months, they pushed back against having to testify, arguing the process was politically motivated, that the subpoenas were quote unquote invalid and legally unenforceable, and that any relevant information they had could be delivered via assigned statement. In January twenty twenty six, Chairman James Comer advanced two resolutions recommending the Clintons be held in contempt of Congress for refusing to comply days before a vote to hold them in contempt. The Clintons finally agreed to testify in February.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to be fair, they did let other people give little shitty statements.
Speaker 1: They so did. That is something that Hillary specifically brought up during her deposition more than once. Yes, So let's start with Hillary's because that was the first one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In her opening statement, she said she had no knowledge of Jeffrey Epstein's criminal activities, did not ever recall encountering Jeffrey Epstein whatsoever, never flown on the plane or visited his Island homes or offices. Gleayne Maxwell dated a family friend around twenty ten he named Ted Waite, who was a software developer. Waite brought Glaine to Hillary's Daughters of Chelsea's wedding as a plus one guest in twenty ten, and Hillary says she was unaware of any criminal activity relating to Glene Maxwell, specifically before her crimes republicly revealed a few years ago. Hillary was asked to recount the origin of the Clintown Foundation, which Hillary only joined the board of in twenty thirteen because she was busy serving in office. Hillary was asked about Glene Maxwell leading a breakout session on ocean conservation at a Clinton Global Initiative conference in twenty thirteen. Hillary said that she was not involved in the selection process for those sessions, but that Glen Maxwell had been an internationally recognized ocean advocate around that time. Hillary refused to answer a question about whether her husband is a quote unquote smart guy.
Speaker 2: Which was who asked that question?
Speaker 1: I forget, but I had that note written down some of these things I was watching pretty pretty late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what a great question. Hey, Hill babe, is your husband a smart guy? Wow? Glad our tax dollars are funding such an important question.
Speaker 1: She said that her husband had a limited relationship with Epstein for a limited time. Yes, used his airplane for Clinton Foundation trips, and this connection began and ended before any of Epstein's crimes were publicly revealed. Representative Pat Fallen with the Republican Majority talked about how Jeffy Epstein visited the White House seventeen times under the Clint Did administration. This is mostly for White House Historical Association events and donated money to the White House Historical Association, but said that Epstein never visited under Trump or donated money to Trump. This could in fact, just be simply because the Trump admin. You know, Trump came into office after Trump's relationship with Epstein fell through and Epstein was convicted of sex crimes. Correct. Trump got into office at twenty sixteen. Clinton was in office in the early nineties. Yeah, that's why Epstein was able to visit the White House for these public events as a regular citizen, but did not do so when Trump was president.
Speaker 2: Yeah, prior to Epstein's first conviction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two thousand and eight. Yeah. Pat Fown also tried to characterize a twenty thousand dollars donation to a joint campaign fund in the nineties as a donation to Hillary's presidential campaign fund. Many years later, he was called on this being obviously incorrect.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, that's so dumb.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of stuff like that, So a lot of small errors. Some of them may not have been arrows right, some of them may have been ways to make the transcript read a certain way if Hillary or the lawyers weren't able to catch something. But both Hillary and her team, but really mostly Hillary was really on it for this entire hearing, like very sharp.
Speaker 2: This was peak Hillary. I feel like a lot of people you know, for a lot of the like analysis online I saw, you know, a take over and over again that that was like, why wasn't she like this when she ran for president? She was?
Speaker 1: This is this is Hillary she was, and it's you know, it's impressive, but also a little bit unlikable. For if you do that, if you do that like all the time, right.
Speaker 2: If you're like that all the time, it's a little bit Oh, okay, I'm going to take a step back.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: That's a lot, but you know, yeah, we'll have we'll have more on her sort of like intellectual sharpness later.
Speaker 2: I mean, she's fiercely intelligent. Yeah, fiercely intelligent.
Speaker 1: And that is that is that is on display for the entirety of this deposition.
Speaker 2: But I really hated the take where people were like, if she was like this when she ran for president, maybe we wouldn't be dealing with Donald Trump.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: It's like, no, that's not what happened. No, this is who Hillary's been her entire adult life. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Hillary said that she never slicted funds for Jeffrey Epstein, ever had funds listed on her behalf, and never invited Epstein to any political fundraisers when asked about her own speculation on her husband, previous investigators, or the mind state of Jeffrey Epstein and Glen Maxwell. She could not answer, because that is speculation on other people's opinions or mind states. About an hour in Nancy Mace asked Hillary Clinton if she believes the Epstein files are quote unquote a vast right wing conspiracy.
Speaker 5: I think if they are fully released, as the Transparency Act requires, that would be fulfilling the responsibility of the Justice Department. But it appears that there have been many issues with the full release, so I'm not going to characterize it other than to say I think that's a well known fact.
Speaker 1: It is certainly an odd question to ask if the files themselves are a vast right wing conspiracy, and Hillary here just answered by talking about the issues that have come up with the full release of the Epstein files. After this, Hillary has asked about whether Jeffrey Epstein was one of the most prolific sex traffickers in the world and how the State Department worked to counter international sex trafficking.
Speaker 7: Would you say he's one of the world's most prolific sex traffickers.
Speaker 5: I don't know what to compare it. To there are terrible sex trafficking rings all over the.
Speaker 7: World, and you were he said. You were Secretary of State from two thousand and nine to twenty thirteen, and you state your agency prioritized combating sex trafficking internationally.
Speaker 5: Correct, that's correct.
Speaker 7: During your time as Secretary of State, did you or the State receive any intelligence cables or briefings mentioning Epstein's foreign travel, pedophile island, or his network of pedophiles and sex traffick not that I am aware of.
Speaker 4: No, how did you miss it?
Speaker 7: If he's I believe, one of the most prolific sex traffickers in the world, you were Secretary of State, how did you miss it?
Speaker 5: Well, that would have been a matter of the Justice Department, not the State Department.
Speaker 7: But in your opening statement and your statements earlier, in your opening statement, you stated that Secretary of Rubio should be called to testify. You said that he has and the administration has quote abandoned survivors using the same logic. You were Secretary of State during a time period after Jeffrey Epstein was convicted of being a pedophile and soliciting children for sex. Why then, did you quote using your own logic abandoned survivors.
Speaker 4: Uh, what is the question?
Speaker 8: Please?
Speaker 5: I followed her comment. First of all, we focused on whether there were laws that made sex trafficking, sexual slavery, domestic violence, other abuses of women on the books in countries. And then we tried to evaluate were those laws being implemented and were judges appropriately trained and briefed about how to implement those laws, were governments taking them seriously? We looked at the broad institutional approach to these very serious abuses.
Speaker 1: This is an interesting exchange to me. Yeah, so Mace here doesn't really understand the role of the Justice Department versus the State Department. Yes, for the Justice Department investigates crimes committed in the United States, versus the State Department is this entity that pressures other countries to create or you know, improve sex trafficking laws and doesn't really understand this difference right, and refers to a part in Hillary's opening statement about how Rubio's shrunk specific office to combat international sex trafficking, and she isn't quite able to like to understand how Hillary is critiquing that, while also saying that the Justice Department mishandled the Epstein investigation while she was Secretary of State. It's this interesting just break and not really understanding how the government works. And this clip also shows like how sharp Hillary is being able to follow this line of questioning better than her own lawyers in some instances be able to actually like respond to what Mace is really asking.
Speaker 2: Notice that as well.
Speaker 1: Mace then continues to ask about how the US government handled Jeffrey Epstein's first criminal case, and this is how Clinton responded.
Speaker 7: Would you say the US government at that time, during this time period was appropriate with the way that it handled Epstein.
Speaker 5: I don't think that you could say that was true about any of the government's prosecutorial efforts, starting with the Southern District of Florida and alex Acosta and all those who basically gave him a sweetheart deal. And then I think going up the chain there was very little attention paid that should have been paid. But what we had laws on the books, they were not being implemented. But that was not within my purview because what we were looking at is what's the institutional structure and can we do more to make sure countries take it seriously. Our country had laws on the books, So this man was not held to account you, It was not in your purview when you were Secretary of State. Then why is it today in Secretary of Rubios? Because what's happened is that the office that was actually following what was going on around the world has been decimated. Seventy percent of the staff is gone. It's impossible to carry out the functions of that office if you don't have a critical number of people. So my question would be to Secretary Rubio, is there more that can be done out of time here?
Speaker 2: Wow? Yeah, Nancy Mace, you suck, You suck.
Speaker 1: Pretty clear articulation there from Secretary Clinton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I fear that like that, Nancy Mace spent most of this time trying to set Hillary up, and I don't think she I don't think she succeeded.
Speaker 1: No. Hillary was then asked if she was quote unquote concerned when she saw photos of her husband getting a back massage or in a pot tub and what went through her mind. Hillary refused to speculate on events in which she has no context for and was not there. We're going to go on a quick ad break now and then return to continue the discussion on the Clinton testimony. All right, we're back. I want to get a little bit into the background of this hearing some more so. When the Clintons finally agreed to testify in February, one of the things they pushed for was that the testimony take the form of public hearings broadcast live. Hillary addressed German comra online saying, quote, you love to talk about transparency. There's nothing more transparent than a public hearing camera onquote. There was a brief back and forth negotiation on what the depositions would be open to the public. Ultimately they were not, but they were recorded on camera and transcribed for later release. Part of the terms for this private hearing this deposition was that press and photographers were not allowed inside the room, and that deposition materials would only be released in full through official channels after sensitive information like staffer names, president of the deposition and off the record exchanges between lawyers were properly removed or redacted. At about an hour and twenty minutes into Hillary's deposition, the Clinton staff learned that one of the Republican committee members leaked a photo of Hillary to right wing influencer Benny Johnson Crazy, who posted the picture and wrote quote breaking the first image of Hillary Clinton testifying under oath but Jeffrey Epstein to the Republican Oversight Committee. This is the first time Hillary has had to answer real questions about Epstein. Clinton does not look happy. Photo provided by Representative Lauren Bobert.
Speaker 2: Honestly, there's actually nobody more unprofessional than Lauren Bobert.
Speaker 1: Will get into her unprofessional conduct later in this hearing as well. Great, but here's a clip of the Clinton team realizing that a photo has been leaked.
Speaker 9: I have another photos that are being released of the secretary as she is testifying from inside this room. Can you please advise me as to whether or not that's permissible and consistent with the rules, particularly given that we have asked for public hearing. If there are photos that are being released of the secretary she is testifying, can you please explain how.
Speaker 5: Much I've done with this. If you guys are doing that, I am done. You can hold me a contempt from now till the cows come home. This is just typical behavior. Oh for heaven, I would like.
Speaker 9: To understand how that's permissible hearing.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: We all are abiding by the rules.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I would like to take a break at this movie I'd like to have done for now.
Speaker 1: Fair threw up the record. Pretty shocking stuff.
Speaker 2: There's no defense for that. That's that's wild, and uh I would walk out as well.
Speaker 1: When they went back on the record, Chairman Comer discussed how he advised all members that no photos of the deposition were to be released and that an instant like this would not happen again. Lauren Barber later told reporters that she took the picture before a testimony actually began and that she checked with committee staff about using the photo. No follow up on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that chance, it's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: After returning from off the record, the minority, the Democrats asked about the Justice Department illegally withholding certain files related to the investigation from public disclosure. Hillary says that this behavior by the Justice Department deserves the most thoroughn destigation that Congress could carry out. This will be a longer clap, about two minutes, but there's some good information inside.
Speaker 5: I think from the very beginning, the behavior of the Attorney General and her staff has demonstrated either a gross incompetence, which is bothersome because they are the keepers of information that should be evaluated for law enforcement purposes or a clear cover up because they are protecting the president and others. Either one of those should be the focus of this committee to try to get to the bottom. If they are incompetent and they are incapable of complying with the law that the Congress passed, we need to know that because they are falling down on the job. They have an FBI director is more interested in drinking beer in a hockey dressing room after our team won the Olympics rather than being responsive and complying with the law as it has been promulgated. So I don't think it's unfair to say that given the sequencing of the event, starting with the way that President Trump made the release of the files a key element of his twenty twenty four campaign, the promise that he and then his Attorney General made that the files would be released, then a walking back of that as they began to look at the files, an ignoring of what they had promised, including that they had a client list on the desk of the Attorney General. Reasonable people would have to assume they are engaged in a massive cover up, which is infuriating as an American as a citizen, all of us should be, regardless of party, wondering what are they hiding?
Speaker 2: The thing says I watched sports more than calling it a hockey dressing room dressing room, I was like Hillary up with the times.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: Hillary goes on to mention how the prosecutor the original Epstein case, alex Acosta, was not asked any questions by Republicans during his Epstein deposition. About half an hour later, Hillary and the Majority go into about a three minute exchange thing. This is between Hillary and Nancy Mace about Howard Lutnick, Trump's Commerce secretary, who's frequently named in the files, whom Hillary knew from being a New York senator during the nine to eleven attacks, where Lutnik lost the highest of employees out of anyone that day, like over six hundred. So Hillary was asked how she knows Lutnik. Hillary tries to respond by saying how they met, which was the aftermath of nine to eleven. Mace claims that this is like a distraction from answering the question and that Hillary's trying to garner sympathy. Things get very heated over over the course of these like three minutes, as they like argue about, you know, if she's actually answering the question. Mace talks about being a survivor herself, and now she's trying to, you know, get the truth out of these hearings. Hillary responds by talking about how she's been very sympathetic to Mace's situation and respects the work that she's doing in the Epstein hearings, but is trying to answer the question specifically about Lutnik. It's a pretty loud and contentious three minutes. About two minutes after that, Republicans made Hillary read emails from the Epstein files.
Speaker 5: Thank you for a fun night. Your littlest girl was a little naughty.
Speaker 1: How does that make you feel?
Speaker 5: Makes me sick?
Speaker 11: If you can also read the EFTA zers zero eight seven eight four two one. This is also another email.
Speaker 12: Can you just please provide the context.
Speaker 11: It's an email to Jeffrey Epstein, if you could just read the context of what it is.
Speaker 5: Of course, the O H Jesus, ohio Jesus, I'm coming trick.
Speaker 12: And just the main body of the context of the email.
Speaker 5: Said that she felt God's presence next her when she was in bed. She knows that Jesus watches over her and he helped save her life.
Speaker 8: Whoops.
Speaker 1: How does that make you feel?
Speaker 5: It's bizarre. I don't know what it means.
Speaker 13: The reason I asked you to read both of these is because these emails are both sent by co conspirators that were then given the plea deals and now have been given victim status.
Speaker 4: Both of these.
Speaker 11: Women were also named an FBI document, and they're on a number of other emails.
Speaker 2: What does that have to do with Hillary?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the exact thing that I wrote down. This has no relevance to Clinton at all. This, this doesn't relate to her.
Speaker 2: They wanted soundbites of her reading weird things.
Speaker 1: It's a humiliation ritual, right, It's yeah, there's no reason for them to do this that the majority just go on to ask Hillary if the DOJ should reevaluate the plea deals of these two people, something that Hillary has no expertise for. Like, that's what she's here to testify on her own knowledge relating to Epstein and Maxwell. This is this is a complete non sequitor. This doesn't relate to her in any way. It's just grosse. You're just you're just getting a woman to read the Epstein files for your own entertainment. Yes, it's disgusting. Yes, I have a few clips here. This is what three clips about her intellectual kind of ruthlessness and the ways that the question in this committee, we're trying to get certain asses out of her, and she was able to either correct them or navigate in an interesting way. I'll start with this first one at three and a half hours in gosh, you watched a lot.
Speaker 6: In twenty fourteen, Epstein met with William Burns, who was then a senior State Department official and later a CIA director.
Speaker 9: Excuse me, could you say what year that was?
Speaker 8: Again?
Speaker 6: In twenty fourteen.
Speaker 9: In twenty fourteen he met with William Burns.
Speaker 6: Epstein met with William Burns as as a Secretary of State at that time.
Speaker 4: Were you aware of that meeting?
Speaker 5: I wasn't secretary of State in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 6: Okay, were you aware of them?
Speaker 4: I was Master Burns.
Speaker 1: Okay, embarrassing stuff. Yeah, she was not secretary of state in twenty fourteen. She served from twenty nine to two US and thirteen. Asking a question about if she was informed of something, well, secretary of State in twenty fourteen, she simply was not there. She was not secretary of State. The people in this committee should know this. They should know when she actually served as Secretary of State. It's embarrassing they continued to get like dates wrong throughout this hearing that this guy who's asking this question is his representative, Eric Berlinson. He also mischaracterized Chelsea's wedding as Hillary's wedding, saying that Glen Maxwell attended Hillary's wedding and that Glene Maxwell vacationed with Chelsea after the wedding. This event that he's referencing, this vacation was actually a year before the wedding, and who has a nine Hillary and her lawyers had to correct all of that stuff. Specifically, Eric Berlinson did not seem to know what he was talking about at all in this hearing. Just constantly got little dates and facts wrong.
Speaker 2: That gives me pause for a number of reasons. But it just makes me think about, you know, if they were actually talking to somebody that they needed to deeply press, yeah, that they would not get the results needed. It gives me a major pause that they have lack of confidence in this committee to do their job. But it's it's just frankly embarrassing that these are elected officials and they can't even get their dates right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is an extremely serious matter, and these are the people doing oversight.
Speaker 2: This is not a laughing matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are totally incompetent.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Lauren Barber then asked a very leading question about when Hillary learned her husband was spending time with a registered sex offender.
Speaker 14: Miss Clinton, when did you first learn that your husband was spending time extensively with a registered sex offender?
Speaker 5: He did not after he was convicted, years after Bill stopped.
Speaker 14: Having any Were there any activities that raised any red flags to think that he could be charged of sex crimes during the time, are you asking?
Speaker 5: Clinton has awareness yes, of Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 14: Of any red flags being brought to your awareness, to your family's awareness while your husband was spending time with Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 5: I have no recollection of anyone bringing any red flags to me.
Speaker 1: They continued to ask about her husband, and she just had to She just had to keep reiterating it, like the committee will have a chance to question her husband tomorrow, like they could ask him about his relationship with it Epstein tomorrow. There's no use in her speculating about her husband's relationship. They can just ask him, literally in less than twenty four hours. But they just kept they just kept going.
Speaker 2: Classic.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 1: One of the more bizarre moments they quoted Epstein referring to Hillary being prettier in person. And this exchange is interesting because of the way it suggests the committee's interpretation of certain statements made by Epstein when I think they probably infer something to the opposite.
Speaker 2: It's bizarre, just like weird misogyny going on.
Speaker 14: So regarding the Epstein files, there are many files where Jeffrey Epstein seems to speak as though he does know you personally. In one file ft A zero zero six five seven one one five, mister Epstein is commenting and he quotes, Hey, Hillary Clinton is much prettier in person. This was Tuesday, September twentieth, twenty eleven. And then another.
Speaker 5: Congresson I'm not going to object to that keeps me.
Speaker 4: Commiss can we see the documents because we don't think that we would get that present.
Speaker 7: They don't think the documents not that you're not pretty.
Speaker 14: Jeffrey Epstein is also commented that meetings with Hillary are not easily discreet. Has he ever connected someone to meet with you, not that I'm aware of.
Speaker 11: Okay, this is my first time seeing that clip.
Speaker 2: That's so funny. First of all, very funny. Second of all, this is not what this is supposed to be. Why are you bringing that up? What does that have to do with anything?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they're trying to establish some sort of relationship between Hillary and Epstein.
Speaker 2: Purely, but it doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: And to me, these exchanges just inferred that, you know, Jeffrey Epstein had seen Hillary in person before, likely at these White House Historical Association events where she sees you know, hundreds of people who like walk by, right. But then Epstein himself like expressed that it's actually difficult to get a private meeting with her. So this, this doesn't prove that they had any actual, like personal knowledge of each other, like mutually. Obviously Epstein knew who she was. She was the first Lady of the United States.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: About ten minutes later, and this is getting to the end of this hearing about, like, you know, four hours in, Hillary just kind of goes off a little bit after just being asked the same question again and again and again, and then also demonstrates like how much she actually knows about this committee's investigation.
Speaker 4: You have said that you have never been to mister Epstein's island. Is that correct?
Speaker 5: You know what, I am so tired of answering that question. If you have one sentilla of evidence to the contrary, put it forward. I have never been on his island period. I've never been in his homes, his offices, his anything. So I don't know how many times you have to say the same thing over and over and over again. And I just am struggling with the relevance of all of this. But no, I never have been.
Speaker 4: And based off that response, I would include, you've never been to mister Epstein's Manhattan town home. I have not his New Mexico ranch.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 4: I have not his Palm Beach residence.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 4: I have not his Paris apartment.
Speaker 5: Didn't know he had one.
Speaker 4: I haven't been there.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 5: I also find it very interesting because I went back and looked at the transcripts of all of your other depositions, and none of the Republicans asked a single question to any witness about Jeffrey Epstein, or any question that would help provide answers for his victims.
Speaker 1: Hillary goes on to say that Republican Chairman Comer did ask Attorney General bar not about Epstein, but if he was aware of clinton involvement in the twenty sixteen Russia collusion investigation. Again in a deposition about the DOJ's handling of the Epstein files. Completely relevant, completely relevant to the matter at hand. And if these people want to pretend that they actually take, you know, what happened to these victims seriously, then they would have a focused effort on the actual subject. All these wild partisan threads. And I'm now gonna discuss before before we before we go and break again about how this hearing kind of threwout it. But I've condensed this down into one section, turned towards the weird multiple times in ways that are sometimes you know, relevant, but oftentimes not. Earlier in this hearing, Hillary stated that she had never been briefed on whether Jeffrey Epstein had foreign intelligence ties while serving in office, but that speculation that Jeffrey Epstein could have been a foreign intel asset is a quote unquote fruitful area of investigation. Although she was not made aware of any connection of this sort wild Secretary of State, she was also asked about a passport belonging to Epstein which bore a different name.
Speaker 11: This is actually a passport that was given. The individual's name is Marcus Robert Fortinelli. Do you think that this is a sign or a telltale sign of intelligence operations and pseudonymes.
Speaker 5: I can't speculate, I don't, okay.
Speaker 11: Victims have stated to this committee, both Democrats and Republicans, that during Epstein's time, during his daycamp DALs what I'll call it, that he was also an active communication with Bush's CIA director. They also had stated that he had active ties to Russia, Israel, and I Ron. Given your status not just as the first Lady, but also in your secretary position, have you ever been targeted by any of these countries as a means of a foreign intelligence gathering operation? I you were potential vulnerabilities.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I was targeted by Russia in the twenty sixteen campaign.
Speaker 8: I mean I think that's pretty well known.
Speaker 9: What about Israel Aribran?
Speaker 5: I don't know about either Israel or Iran?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 12: Do you believe that Epstein was running potentially a honeypop operation with intelligence gathering operations to collect information on how high profile individuals, both Democrat Republican the United States in an effort to sway.
Speaker 5: Are foreign policy.
Speaker 9: Is it possible.
Speaker 5: I have no direct knowledge, but I think it's one of the areas your committee should investigate. Do you think it's possible, Well, it is certainly possible. It's a tried and true technique of certain intelligence agencies.
Speaker 12: Do you believe that he was using Honeypott's an effort to.
Speaker 5: I can't sarraculate.
Speaker 2: I don't know what this is such a weird use of their time.
Speaker 1: Later, she said that she had no reason to believe that personally she was the subject of an intel gathering operation relating to Jeffrey Epstein or Glene Maxwell. And then right after she was asked if she was ever denied access to information about youaps that's an unidentified aerial phenomenon. Hilary said that she was never denied access because she never asked for access. When questions, she said that she believes the American public deserves access to such topics subject to national security implications. This bizarre off topic line of questioning continued nearly an hour later into the hearing.
Speaker 6: Going to begin with some lighthearted different questions and You're welcome to ignore them or if you want to. But while I have you here, I just have to ask. So, when your husband was president, it is Lawrence Rockefeller had an effort to try to disclose UFOs UAPs. When you were running for president, John Podesta publicly stated that you would disclose these files with if given the chance, if you had been president. Are you pleased to see that these files may be disclosed?
Speaker 1: Finally, I am pleased.
Speaker 5: As I say, I think they have to be carefully scrutinized so that no national security information is disclosed. But this is an issue of real importance to so many people, and I think whatever can be disclosed should be disclosed.
Speaker 6: Was there a program that specifically that that was referencing that you were aware of. It's not.
Speaker 5: As you mentioned. John Podesta, who was one of my advisors, was deeply interested in the issue, and if I had been elected, I certainly would have listened to his advice.
Speaker 6: Oh, thank you for indulgent on.
Speaker 1: That very odd, completely off topic, no relevance to the actual subject of inquiry. A few minutes later, Hillary asked a clarifying question about why UFOs were brought up.
Speaker 4: This is sort of like off subject.
Speaker 5: But didn't you all require in the latest Defense authorization that the UFO information asked about what?
Speaker 9: They ripped it out?
Speaker 4: They killed it. Oh I thought that it gone through.
Speaker 6: That was my amendment and it ripped out.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, well you've just I didn't know that, So thank you for enlightening me.
Speaker 9: Okay, Yeah, they've been killing that.
Speaker 1: So if alien disclosure questions weren't bad enough and you know, disrespectful to victims of epstein it' sex trafficking, it did get worse. Yeah, did, And we will get into the worse after this at break. All right, we're back at nearly the four hour mark into Hillary Clinton's deposition, Lauren Bobert started asking about conspiracy theories.
Speaker 14: In past public statements, as in twenty seventeen speeches and interviews, you described pizza gait as a baseless conspiracy theory alleging you and others ran a child sex trafficking ring from a Washington pizzeri based pizzeria basement. Have you reviewed any twenty twenty five twenty twenty six EPSTEIN files that were released that you believe reference or relate to those specific twenty sixteen claims regarding the Podesta emails comic ping Pong pizza used as code.
Speaker 10: Possibly. I'm sorry about whether she's reviewed emails that files related to the wacky Pizzagate excuse.
Speaker 14: You could characterize it however you want. I just would like to know if she's familiar with any of them.
Speaker 9: So your question is about whether or not she has reviewed any emails in the Epstein release files about Pizzagate. Correct, Pizzagate was totally made up.
Speaker 5: It was an outrageous allegation that ended up hurting a number of people, that caused a deranged young man to show up with his assault rifle and shoot up a local Pizzeriha. I can't believe you're even referencing it. You should be there.
Speaker 14: There are connections to the language.
Speaker 5: Believe there are, so I don't know what believe at.
Speaker 1: It completely unhitched.
Speaker 2: But why are we doing this? I have complete lack of faith in this committee. This is offensive to survivors of Epstein, and this is getting us no relevant information to the Epstein probe as they call it. This is ridiculous, this is infammatory. I mean, I expect nothing less from Loan and Bobart, but you know, it's just it's insane and embarrassing.
Speaker 1: It's insane, and like there has been a resurgence of you know, Pizzagate related conspiracy theories, people talking about Pizzagate since the files had been released. Since people can create their own patterns, right by selectively honing in on words or symbols which allow them to overlook what's right in front of their nose. Right, all of the very clear connections laid out in the Epstein files, those can be ignored, yes, and instead you focused on these like coded messages hidden everywhere, hidden in the backgrounds of videos, people carrying pizza boxes into the Clinton deposition, all this kind of stuff. It's it allows them to miss the very the very clear things that are actually outlined into files. It is, you know, one of the negative side effects of you know, of files like this being released is that it allows a lot of points of interest to be honed in on by people charting wildly conspiratorial matrices.
Speaker 2: I just don't even know how somebody like Lauren Barbert on a committee like this, or an elected official or you know, employed Frankly.
Speaker 1: Hilary went on to say, I expected a lot of interesting questions today, but Pizzagate was not on the list. Lauren Bobart replied, that's okay. We're asking all sorts of things here, okay. A few minutes later, Bobert returned with even more Pizzagate questions, and things escalated to the point where they had to go off the record.
Speaker 14: That's lord, are you aware of any files that were on Anthony Wiener's laptop and a folder that was titled Insurance Life Insurance with a ZIP file titled.
Speaker 10: Chairman.
Speaker 9: Is this within the scope? Mister chairman?
Speaker 14: Chairman rules that it's not with mister.
Speaker 9: Based on what you said in the public hearing, is this within the scope?
Speaker 4: For a moment, mister chairman?
Speaker 9: Is this within the scope?
Speaker 8: Record?
Speaker 1: So you couldn't quite make out what Bobart was referencing there. She was talking about the Frazzle Drip conspiracy theory that alleged Anthony Wiener possessed a video of Hillary Clinton conducting a satanic ritual murder of a child, cutting off this child's face to wears a mask to fill the child's blood with adrenochrome to be harvested. This is like a twenty eighteen conspiracy theory, one of one of the more like like graphic and gross aspects of QAnon, And here Bobert is just openly asking Hillary Clinton about Frazle drip by name, completely inappropriate, has no bearing on the investigation. It's an insult to actual victim of child sex trafficking. So this whole conspiratorial angle of the Hillary Clinton deposition made up a significant chunk. Another chunk that made up a significant portion of time is just Clinton kind of advising and the committee members both on the Republican and Democrat side, like asking for her advice on how to conduct their own investigation. She advised that they should follow Senator Widens compiled Treasury data on Epstein's financial transactions, and that data should be subpoened from the Treasury Department. She was asked about how they could determine if Jeffrey Epstein was a spy. Hillary advised them to send document requests to subpoena the CIA, the Department of National Intelligence counterintelligence departments in the DOJ, saying to quote unquote cast a wide net. She suggested cooperating with UK investigations and to former Prince Andrew and trying to see if Israel will cooperate in sharing information regarding the investigation. Finally, Hillary suggested to Chairman James Coohmer that he should advise on how laws could be changed to prevent future abuse based on the committee's knowledge of Jeffrey Epstein's manipulation techniques and mode of operation. But there was like significant chunk of at least like, you know, thirty minutes where she was essentially being asked or advising the committee on how to do their own job, just due to the sheering competence that has been displayed in the clips that I've selected here.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't really have anything else to say besides that it's just like.
Speaker 1: Pathotic, yeah, I mean, and most of the interesting stuff is in the Hillary Hillary Clinton won.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Bill was deposed the next day. But for some of the like logistics regarding this hearing, a source told The New York Post, so take that as you will. Sure that the Clinton team demanded specific quote unquote beauty lighting and camera positions relatable life hear to get the most flattering angle of Hillary's face, and brought white tablecloths to bounce the overhead lighting onto the bottom of her face to mind of my shadows.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Pictures of the whole room also showed that the Clinton team was the only ones with these like nice orange upholstered chairs. The rest of the chairs were just like regular black folding chairs. The New York Post contains this little tidbit that the customized blue paneled backdrop was developed by a local specialized vendor within about seven hours after Clinton's team concluded it did not like the vibe of the original black curtains in the background unquote. So they like went in saw this, you know, white table with black curtains. They thought it looked too much like a criminal interrogation or or like a quote unquote hostage situation is what's quoted in the Post article, as opposed to like an official congressional deposition, you know, like an official government venue. So they got like a local carpenter to make this blue paneled backdrop in like a few hours to put behind Hillary. And that's just an interesting insight into like the thought process of the Clinton team regarding the optics of this hearing shop local. So let's briefly go through some of the sections on bill. Bill started by saying that they should not have questioned Hillary, quote, but I do think you should be talking to me. You should have called me, I did take those plain trips with him. You have a right to ask those questions. Unquote, He said that quote, I'll be honest with you, I'll be eighty eight years old if I lived my next birthday. I don't remember everything that happened twenty four years ago, but I do remember some things, and I'll tell you what I remember the best that I can. On quote. When asked when he first met Jeffrey Epstein, Bill referred to a photo of him shaking Epstein's hand in nineteen ninety three at a White House Historical Association event. But Bill said that he doesn't remember that, but this photo does exist. He shook a lot of people's hands. Does not remember everyone he meets. He first remembers meeting Jeffrey Epstein for a Clinton Foundation plane trip in two thousand and two. He said he was connected with Epstein through someone named Larry Summers, who told Bill that Jeffrey Epstein made a large donation about ten million dollars to brain research and was a quote unquote, information hungry person. Summers said that Epstein wanted to talk with Bill about economics and politics and offered to take Bill his staff and his secret service detail on Clinton Foundation trips for global humanitarian aid, so Bill saw this as a way to drive the price down for these trips. He took the last one of these flights in two thousand and three. When asked why this relationship ended, Bill said that the AIDS program, it was a humanitarian aid program to help with AIDS, but that this AIDS program, you know, took off and more people that Bill knew better offered to help, and Jeffrey did not seem as interested in the AIDS program, so they kind of just naturally drifted apart. Bill characterized the relationship as friendly, but didn't know him well enough to be considered a friend, and so that he never talked about witness or participated in anything sexual. Relating to Jeffrey Epstein and young women and girls, Bill said he learned of Epstein's crimes in two thousand and eight. Bill said he had no indication Epstein was trafficking women. Quote There's nothing that I saw when I was around him that made me realize he was trafficking women. Quote. Bill was asked about if he communicated with a long list of people regarding Epstein. This was kind of a weirdly framed question. It was have you communicated with any of these people about Jeffrey Epstein. Bill had a hard time kind of understanding the nature of this question. It is kind of oddly phrased. Hillary was asked the same one. They just read a list of names. Bill recounted if he knew the person or not, and lawyers had to specify, like, oh, no, they're asking if you communicated with them about Epstein, not if you knew them. So it kind of got some confusing responses. Interestingly, both Hillary and Bill laughed at the mention of Noam Chomsky. Bill said that he never communicated with Chomsky and that Chomsky quote wasn't a big fan of mine. He thought I was too conservative.
Speaker 2: Fuck off, nome, fuck off, no crazy.
Speaker 1: Bill did testify that he thought that someone relating to law enforcement would ask him about Epstein in two thousand and eight when the news about Epstein's crimes came out, considering that Epstein let Bill use the plane, but no one ever did m He said he never suspected Intel agency connections with Epstein and was at the time unaware of Epstein's visits to the White House while Bill was president, and it has only since been informed of this in preparation for this testimony, Okay, Bill was asked about a New York Times article claiming to expound on Bill and Epstein's relationship in the nineties, characterized as chummy, which Bill denies. He said that he didn't even know Epstein really during this time, even though they may have been at the same events. He was asked about but being asked to write a personal note to Jeffrey Epstein's mother. Bill said that he never met Jeffrey Epstein's mother and that he wrote a lot of notes to a lot of people that he did not know. He was unsure of who asked him to write this note. He was also asked about this passport appearing to belong to Epstein bearing a different name, with the questioner asserting that they believe Jeffrey Epstein was an intelligence operative running a honeypot against the president. When later asked if he believes that he was targeted, Bill says that it's possible. The lawyers objected this based on speculation, but Bill says he doesn't know if he was targeted but would be surprised. Refers to Jeffrey Epstein as a quote unquote vacuum cleaner of information but was not overtly manipulative. Early on, saying that Epstein mostly asked about derivatives trading and stock market regulation. Bill was asked if he ever had contact with someone named Shante Davies, who was a quote unquote flight attendant on Epstein's plane. Bill confirms that he did, and confirmed that a neck rub took place once with Chante Davies, but denied he ever went to the island.
Speaker 2: I don't know something about neck rub and Bill Clinton just makes me stomach hurt.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He later says that he was unaware of the abuse happening to Chante Davies and says that he quote wish Schante had told me I liked her, but said that he did not think there was anything unusual. He said that massages on rich people's planes and boats weren't uncommon. Was never aware of anyone under the age of eighteen all these flights, and if there were, that would have made him uncomfortable. He specified that Secret Service was with him for every single trip. He quote never signed off Secret Service protection. He talked about specifically this neck rub incident, saying that he had a sore neck during one of the legs of these Clinton Foundation Aid trips and received a massage this one time. That's what he claimed. He was asked about the note in Jeffrey Epstein's fiftieth birthday book, Bill said that his own staff asked him to write a letter for the book, specifying that he sends out hundreds of birthday letters every year to friends or people he's only met a few times. A regular occurrence, he's asked to read a section of the letter that people had a hard time transcribing exactly, which makes a reference to Epstein having made errors in his life, and he was asked whether this errors referred to sex crimes. Bill said, no, in the life of someone fifty years old, they're going to make mistakes. It was a throwaway line in one section of this very short letter. I don't think it's super relevant. Now. Around this time when they're reading from this letter is where there's this viral clip of Bill pulling back a copy of a photo from his lawyers like while smiling. This is circulated a lot. It looks like he's no recounting like good memories or something. The piece paper he's pulling back is actually just a copy of a new York Times article. It's not a picture of him and Epstein. It's not a picture of memories. There may be a small photo framed in the picture included in this New York Times article. It's being passed around, but it's not like he's like flipping through like a year book of like a good moments with friends and like, you know, happily recounting. I think this, this little clip's been decontextualized.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: I'm not not trying to defend Bill Clinton here.
Speaker 2: No, but I'm adding context for what's.
Speaker 1: Actually happening in this hearing. And his lawyers are passing around a copy of a New York Times article which he's being questioned about, and that's the context for that clip.
Speaker 2: And like, this clip went pretty viral, and so I was talking about it actually with my mom My. Mom My mom's first reaction held some weight with me. She was like, that's just Bill Clinton's face.
Speaker 1: He's kind of this happy, goofy guy.
Speaker 2: Like he's generally like a smiley guy. And you know, I think that makes sense contextually. Here again, not defending Bill Clinton, but yeah.
Speaker 1: I do want to play one clip about Trump. Bill was asked if the committee should talk to Donald Trump since his name appears more frequently in the thousand almost any other person. Bill says, that's up to the committee and mentions an instance where he talked with Trump about Epstein on a golf course for a charity tournament around to US in two to TWISM three, and they talked about Epstein because Trump somehow knew that Bill had flown on the plane. But besides this incident, he had no other conversations with Trump about Epstein or Maxwell.
Speaker 8: The day I was there, he would typically.
Speaker 10: Donald Trump would come out and play a few holes with us, and he somehow knew I had flown in Jeffrey Epstein's aircraft. And he said, you know, we have some great times together over the years, but we fell out all because of a real estate deal.
Speaker 8: And he said, I'm sorry it that's all.
Speaker 15: Do you recall whether President Trump was the first one to affirmatively bring up the subject of Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 8: No, but I'd be shocked if I did. I just don't do that, you know.
Speaker 15: Do you recall whether President Trump elaborated at all on the great times that he had with Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 10: No, And I took at the time I took. No, I didn't put any you know, sexual stint on it.
Speaker 15: And as far as you recall, President Trump characterized the nature of the ending of their friendship as being solely due to the real estate he said.
Speaker 1: Interestingly, here Bill recounts that Trump's reason for breaking with Epstein was due to a real estate deal, not the poaching of employees at mar A Lago, as alternatively reported. Right the minority, the Democrats referred to statements from three Jeffrey Epstein victims in statements, including Bill, in some way. Starting with someone named Maria Farmer, an Epstein employee who first reported abuse to the NYPDNFBI in nineteen ninety six, She claimed that she acknowledge that Bill visited Epstein's house multiple times. Bill denies this. Someone named Virginia Roberts Druffey remarked that she had knowledge that Bill was at Epstein's island. Bill responded by saying that ultimately his person quote unquote reached a different conclusion and denied declaimed that he flew in a helicopter with Glenn Maxwell to the island. The committee member reference a diary entry as the piece of information asserting that Bill was on the island. Bill's lawyers asked about the dates for this entry so that they could determine whether Bill was in a different part of the world around this time. But this gets moved on pretty quick. They briefly bring up this picture of Bill in a hot tub in Brunei. He says that he was staying at a hotel during one of these AIDS trips and briefly went to a hot tub. Other people were present from this trip secret Service. That's about a bizarre painting of Bill Clinton wearing Monica Lewinsky's blue dress found in Jeffrey Epstein's apartment. Bill said he'd never seen it before. Was asked to speculate why this painting was made. Lawyers said that the committee can ask the artist. Lauren Barber goes on a very poor line of questioning regarding a conversation transcript between two people, and this line of questioning requires deposition to go off the record to figure out what exactly she's talking about.
Speaker 10: Bill.
Speaker 1: Event she responds to a question stating that he never felt that he owed Jeffrey Epstein any favors and never participated in any quote unquote to island orgies since he never traveled to the US Virgin Islands with Jeffrey Epstein about two hours in. Bill Clinton has asked if he thinks Jeffrey Epstein killed himself, something they never asked. Hillary.
Speaker 8: I would just like to ask.
Speaker 14: You, personally and directly, do you believe that Jeffrey Epstein killed himself?
Speaker 9: Are you asking him to speculate on how mister Epstein died?
Speaker 14: I am asking what Miss the President thinks when you're asking his opinion, Mister President, was your was your friend Jeffrey.
Speaker 9: Epstein's cessifying him as a friend who he has testified.
Speaker 14: That he's a friend in a letter.
Speaker 9: He said he was friendly, but not you've asked for his test President.
Speaker 14: Do you believe that Jeffrey Epstein was suicidal?
Speaker 10: Do you know?
Speaker 14: Was he ever suicidal?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I don't know what the medical founding was. I think maybe he finally got caught.
Speaker 8: I don't know. I've accepted it my own mom. I don't know what happened, Miss President.
Speaker 14: What did you accept that he killed himself or.
Speaker 8: That he did not that he did? But I don't know.
Speaker 14: Yes, sir, and none of us know, Miss President has been an honor.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Why would you ask him that that makes no sense?
Speaker 1: I mean again, this is Lauren Bobber, the same person asking about pizza Gate. He's she's trying to donkey in as many of these conspiracy theory questions as she can, because that's that's like who she is, right, she has she is a conspiracy theorist herself. She may not characterist it that way, but she's trying to, you know, go go off a checklist of like epic owns against the Evil Child eating Clinton's a few other few other small notes that I think are interesting. Bill was asked about emails being sent to Glene Maxwell by one of his assistants, and Bill says that he never sent these emails and he's only ever sent two emails in his life, which I do believe I can too.
Speaker 3: It's so crazy, Oh, Bill Well.
Speaker 1: Bill's asked about a statement that Epstein made saying that Bill quote unquote likes them young. Bill Lawyer's asked, you know, if Bill's be asked to speculate on Jeffrey Epstein's mind. Bill says that this isn't true, that he quote unquote likes them young and never went to the island again. Mace later asks if it's unusual for a quote unquote sitting president to receive a massage. Bill Sawyers had to argue back and forth because Bill was not a sitting president during the time where this neck massage incident occurred. Bill's once again asked if he was the target of an intel operation, he says, I doubt it. There was then an extended argument between Mace and Lawyer's reference to Daily Beast reporting on a statement Bill made after Jeffrey Epstein's to his a nineteen arrest, mischaracterizing two instances where Jeffy Epstein visited the Clinton office and Bill once visited Jeffy Epstein's New York compartment, which he later remarked Jeffrey Epstein was not even present for, and Nancy Mays kept asking if Bill lied about only meeting Jeffrey Epstein at these two times based on the phrasing of the Daily Beast article, but the full statement that the Daily Beast was quoting from also lists the four plane trips, which contained a total of seventeen stops. The Beast article just mischaracterized this as only being two incidents, and Mace was referring to the article, not the actual original statement. This resulted in a pretty extensive argument. This leads us to the final clip that I'll play, which I think is kind of the only interesting question across the nine hours of testimony, the only question I think is actually kind of interesting and worthwhile, and it's not actually followed up on in any substantial way. Nancy Maaska asks why the Clintons still associated with Glade Maxwell after Jeffrey Epstein's first conviction, knowing that Maxwell was one of Epstein's closest associates.
Speaker 10: First of all, when the wedding occurred, she was with Ted White, and she was for several more years. We did not know when Sane was arrested that she was still involved with him.
Speaker 8: I think that clears a lot of this up.
Speaker 10: We didn't know, and I don't want all of me to get We're all getting an allowed.
Speaker 8: There's a logical extromation. We didn't know, and I'm sorry for what she did and what she allowed her life to become and now she's living with it.
Speaker 1: They do not follow up on this at all. The fact that the Clinton's, knowing that Maxwell was like Epstein's number two guys, spent a decent amount of time with on these four plane trips and to US and two to two US and three on these humanitarian aid Clinton Foundation trips. You know, a lot of time I'm with Glaine and Epstein. The committee did not follow up on why they continued to associate even loosely, like very loosely with Glaine after the Twestaate conviction. Yeah, that's a pretty reasonable question to have, and it just doesn't even get focused on very much. Instead, they started talking about this report from an Epstein victim about Bill Clinton allegedly walking into the offices of Vanity Fair and threatening them to not write sex trafficking articles about Jeffrey Epstein, something that Bill obviously denies, and there would be other witnesses for this event. But like this, this question about the Clinton's extended relationship with Glaine Maxwell after the first conviction is one of the very last questions asked. It takes them nine hours to get there. Yeah, they don't even follow up on it, and it just kind of ends very very flaccid.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to the survivors, Like, you're not getting any kind of justice. This committee is incompetent, embarrassing, and pugnant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that kind of sums up the hearing, all of the hearings they were inconfident, embarrassing and repugnant, really spending more time on weird conspiracy theories than asking like new.
Speaker 2: Questions on Pizzagate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like they asked Hillary and Bill basically the same two questions over and over again, the same answers, wasting hours and hours of time. The only new questions they asked are these insane conspiracy ones. It's it's embarrassing, it does not hold any relevance to the investigation, and it's nine hours of my life I'll never get back.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Well, that does it for us here at it could happen Here. We'll keep following some of these some of these hearings and depositions as this continues. I know there was new FBI documents about witness statements regarding President Trump released as I was writing this, like last night, and we'll probably be talking about those in executive disorder and later on throughout our coverage.
Speaker 16: Bye, Hi, it could happen Here is a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website coolzonmedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts, you can now find sources for it could happen here, listed directly in episode descriptions.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening.